Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this Sorry, we're looking into a business opportunity here. On this episode, we just found out about this sick new watch. We're examining the innerds, the specs of these new Trump turbuon's. We're going to get to them. But folks, this is a good opportunity. You're gonna have to hop on. Anyways, this is uh, let's see, let's go with first Stop. You know, first Stop is always is trend bull m That one courtesy of Vanadium Silver. On discord, Eric Adams talking about federally trend dighted Mayor Trendrick Adams. That one courtesy of Paul Garaventa. Wow, Eric Adams is It's it's all coming to an end, folks, in the most glorious way possible. Yeah, yep, yeah, and I'm Jack. That's Miles. We are joined by our watch Brian, the editor, who's just checking out the specs of the watch, and he's gonna he's gonna report back if this thing looks like the that we assume it is.
Speaker 2: I think it's personally worth a hundred racks. But hey, that's well, you know, that's just my opinion.
Speaker 3: But we'll get to that.
Speaker 1: So you're saying a hundred racks, they're selling it for ten racks miles. That's ten racks.
Speaker 3: No, isn't that one hundred thousand?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Am I completarly misreading that?
Speaker 1: No, you got it, you got it. I just my brain wasn't making room for the possibility that the grift was that strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a fucking hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So anyway, well, I mean this is but this is like one of our great days as America, like the Yeah, so first of all, we've got the person who's running to be president, has a very good chance of becoming the next president, Donald Trump, selling a watch for one hundred wracks h and it like shit is probably shitty. Just naked corruption on that front, as the naked corruption of Eric Adams' office is being revealed in an indictment that just so many choice details. We're going to get into some of our favorite Eric Adams moments too.
Speaker 2: Story where every like five days there's going to be a new like wrinkle as people go through this very long indictment.
Speaker 3: But it's comedic. It is comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I just want to I want to pick out a couple of highlights. So what he was doing is he was doing favors for foreign governments in exchange for gifts and favors from them trips to Istanbul. So yeah, yeah, So the you know it's always Istanbul's always first is from a text that he sent to his partner, Eric Adams sent to his partner because she thought that he was in Paris, I think, and he was in Istanbul and he was like, oh, I'm transferring here. You know, first stop is always Istanbul because all he basically flew for free on Turkish airlines.
Speaker 3: I mean New York is the Istanbul of America.
Speaker 1: As he said, yea, and the Turkish people can feel proud that he was willing to make that statement, because he was only willing to make that statement about every other city on the globe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything, it's the sole Korea of New York, I mean America. The thing about these texts, though, are so funny because he's so sloppy. Like again, they had to create the perception that he was actually paying for flights rather than getting like just these obscene discounts to fight business class. Yeah, so keep that in mind as Jack and I do the play. The part of Adam staffer versus airline manager directly from this indictment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'll be the Adam staffer. Em myles you do airlines staf with a Turkish accent. Okay, ok fun I haven't doubt that one in the one you do when we're not recording. It's so funny. But all right, Adam staffer, how much does he?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Please let them call me and I will make the payment.
Speaker 3: It is very expensive because it is last minute. I am working on a discount.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to charge fifty dollars. No, that would work, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: No, dear, fifty dollars? What quote a proper price?
Speaker 3: How much should I charge?
Speaker 1: Smiley face emoji? His every step is being watched right now. One thousand dollars or so. Let it be somewhat real. We don't want them to say he is flying for free at the moment the media's attention is on Earth.
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 2: They should have just been like, no, that is too much for bribe flight prices.
Speaker 3: It needs to look like non bribe flight price.
Speaker 1: Hey, the crime we're doing, you're doing it badly in terms of covering it from the media. We need you to do it better.
Speaker 3: It gets better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a great exchange from Adam Staffer. It's probably not the same one, but I like to imagine that it's always just the same Adams Staffer. So in regards to all the gifts that he received from the airline manager or promoters on his annual disclosure form, that Adam Staffer was like, Hey, to be on the safe side, please delete all messages you send me. And what did Adams respond?
Speaker 3: Always do?
Speaker 1: Always do baby, And we know he did not, because this is in the indictment. Always do every single time, he in fact did not, So then there was of course, the first stop is always is Istanbul and just to give a full picture of what is happening here, so he basically helped pressure the fd Y to overlook fire safety issues on a Turkish owned building so it could be ready for a visit from the country's president. So straight up like making New York City more deadly in exchange for cheap airfare is what he was doing. On wax.
Speaker 3: He's stayed in a Bentley suite at the Saint Regis Hotel. That's worth something, right.
Speaker 2: It's wild though, too, like as New York is just such an important city aside from all the ways Eric Adams bigs up New York like the fucking u Nu.
Speaker 4: Peru of Salima, Peru of the United States. It is the Zagreb of America. When he was wearing that Croatian soccer jersey. This guy is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's always I love whoever's coming into town, and he's got to big them up. He will always say that New York is that city and bless him, bless him for that. But yeah, it's just very this is going to just get go completely off the rails, I'm sure as as things stand, because like he gave a pretty defensive press conference earlier and was like just sort of saying like how he's he's going to continue to do the work obviously for New Yorkers, and by that he's going to steal public funds, make a mess of the city and accept bribes.
Speaker 1: So great, great, and one of the better kind of acts of civil disruption disobedience that I've seen. Somebody came with the loud speaker to that press conference and just basically shouted him down, but like shouted him down with some statements that were very quote worthy and quickly being like, you know, you have done New York and the black community tremendous damage. So yeah, you are piece of shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a great great great mayor. Shout out to New York.
Speaker 2: You've had married first indicted mayor, bless this city.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we get to reuse the indicted DOUBLELP world excited again because it was New York.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah exactly, Eric Adams undicted. Can someone from Wu Tang please just hop on that really quick?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, we've got some early Oscar buzz not coming from anyone except Disney. Disney's putting this out here mainly, and they've announced that they're going to be campaigning for Hugh Jackman to get a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Deadpool and Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I haven't seen it still, but I'm I don't think I'm not sure that people were talking about his performance specifically, but no, was that part of like his deal. He's like, all right, I'll do it, but you have to put fucking millions in an Oscar campaign for me to be considered best supporting Like what what is the.
Speaker 1: Pointice just left over from like Ryan Gosling and the Ken thing, which like I thought the second I saw Barbie, I was like, Ken should win Best Supporting Actor, Like, I thought, that was a great performance. But I wasn't thinking of the fact that, like what it was going to do to the brains of Disney execs when someone was able to get nominated for playing Ken in a Barbie movie, you know, right right, like.
Speaker 3: It's got to go to Hugh Man, It's got to go to Hugh. We gotta get this guy an Oscar. Yeah, okay, sure, sure, sure, I mean at least they're.
Speaker 2: They also look it sounds like they also want to get him a Golden Globe for making it a Best Comedy.
Speaker 3: I mean that that's actually that tracks it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're going to nominate it for Best Comedy. That seems entirely possible, given that the Tourist won for Best Comedy in the past. I think so yeah that Johnny Depp, Angelina, Joe Leefilm. Yeah, Marvel fans have come out and they're like, guys, he's not going to be nominated. Okay. Instead, the Oscars should introduce a Best on Screen Couple or Best Duo category.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because every year there's always that. Yes, I mean I guess you could shoehorn any just like relationship on Screen has been like and that was the best Duo.
Speaker 1: Well, they're doing a casting category this year, so like that is I don't know, vaguely in the same family, but like just calling it like best on Screen Duo is that's just the MTV Movie Awards, Yeah, which is fun. Yeah, but yeah, I think I want to see Best Stunt and Best in in Camera Special Effect before I want to see Best Duo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right, these two people were in a movie we liked. Let's give to work.
Speaker 5: Fun and our next nominee is Micah Monroe and Nicholas Cage for Long Legs.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I love that. I love that. I love long legs references and I get them all. Let's make a quick break and we're gonna come back, and it's time for our watch guy to tell us what's what with Trump's latest grift. We'll be right back, and we're back, and it's going to surprise a lot of the listeners to hear that I am not a watch guy. I'm not collecting watches because I don't have the attention to detail that is required. But Brian the editor does, and so I am a shoe guy, and you know sneakers. He's already entered my world. Donald Trump has already entered my world with the right gold shoes. That they're just not that comfortable. Like, yes, they look awesome, and yes, I like what they how they make me.
Speaker 3: Feel, and yes, they gave me lead poisoning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they give you lead poisoning, and like that's not the only reason they're not that comfortable. But they also each weigh ninety three pounds.
Speaker 2: This is this is such a wild So his new grift is wristwatches that look like shitty like Canal Street rolexes another New York reference there. And there's two varieties. There's a four to ninety nine one that looks like I'm pretty sure is probably a fifteen dollars watch, No. Four hundred and ninety nine dollars, okay, and then the big Boy, which they have only made one hundred and forty seven pieces of each numbered is the Trump Victory turbion and turbion Boy howdy.
Speaker 3: It looks absolutely awful.
Speaker 2: But if you like like moving parts in a watch, and you have one hundred thousand dollars, you're willing to part ways with and you love Donald Trump and eth no nationalism, then yes, maybe this is the purchase for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The the only reason to buy this is, as Miles says, if you fuck with him heavy, because number one Tourbion's are getting cheaper and cheaper since you know, China sort of entered the market and you can get him for like like a few hundred dollars, right.
Speaker 1: Turbion is a brand.
Speaker 5: Turbion is A Turbion is a mechanical device in a watch to counteract the effect of gravity on the balance wheel.
Speaker 1: I just do that with my sick boosties. But okay, Christeding, it's.
Speaker 5: An archaic mechanism. You don't need it in a watch to keep keep it accurate. But it looks cool and it's it's impressive engineering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like one of those things like when you see it, people go, oh shit, dude.
Speaker 3: You almost have cost so much money. Look at all this ship moving.
Speaker 1: Its cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A couple of things that catch my eye. Here the spec sheet is looking at me real real funny. It's all wrong. There's just not enough information. They're not selling.
Speaker 1: It being like the details of like how details of the watch.
Speaker 5: So the one thing that catches my eye is it says Swiss made, power and precision. Saying a watch is Swiss made like costs certified and it's not is illegal kind of like you know, bourbon like or champagne.
Speaker 2: Like. You can't write right right, you can't just right right with that, so you have.
Speaker 5: To be certified by whatever the governing body of switch watches is. I can't remember, but yeah, the spec sheet is weird. The finishing is not one hundred thousand dollars finishing, and I would estimate that the diamonds they're using are moistenite.
Speaker 3: They're saying they're saying it's VS one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know anything about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what any of this means, but crump on it.
Speaker 2: That it would be like the highest is like flawless, and then like internally flawless, then VVS one, DBS.
Speaker 3: Two, then VS one, So that's I think.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like for people like rappers always talk about much as VVS or whatever, VVS stunting, but you got VS and and then you're own there's only like a couple of diamonds on it that are very small, and then you're saying this watch costs one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I'm just doing the math.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're trying to raise fourteen point seven million dollars as quick as possible, and you're probably this may this might just be a way to launder more money into his campaign, like from people who have already maxed out donations or don't have dark money groups to use, because like it's just such a like, no one's paying one hundred thousand dollars for this shit.
Speaker 5: Also, making a watch out of solid gold is so dumb to me because it's incredibly heavy and gold is soft.
Speaker 1: It's very soft, so it ain't often heavy, the two things you want out of everything that you're spending a ton of money on this moment you bang it on a doorframe, you're gonna have dents in your watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just none of this looks right.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how Like I didn't realize things could be as heavy as gold. I went to a children's museum in Copenhagen with my kids, and like they had a gold bar there and I picked that ship up and I was like, this feels like a magic trick, Like what the fuck is It's that a magnet or some shit. Yeah. Yeah, it felt like it was like a magnet. I didn't realize that that was a thing, that something could be that much answer everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, I guess I'm shocked to learn that this one hundred thousand dollars Trump watch is might not be worth the money he is charging for.
Speaker 5: And those blue screws look painted to me. That doesn't look like treatment.
Speaker 1: No, wow, wow, really coming at the Maybe this is the thing that finally brings him down.
Speaker 3: Yep, this Saint vs.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he gets taken in by the Swiss government for fucking.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean saying it's not affiliated with Trump or any political campaign. Like there's a video with him being like, we're doing the best watches in the world. Folks, look at these watches. They're the like, what does it mean it's not affiliated with him? He's running for president. He opens the video saying, hey everyone, it's your favorite president, Donald J. Trump, And I'm I'm in the watch game now.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how.
Speaker 2: Another interesting part is when you look at the fic here says will I be getting the exact watch that I see on this site? It says the images are for illustration purposes only, and may not be an exact representation.
Speaker 5: I'm very curious what actually ends up in people's on people's wrist because this could be a total misrepresentation of the item you receive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Give, he has complete disdain for his supporters, so yeah, yeah, he's like anybody stupid enough to support me, probably stupid enough to buy this dumb watch watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually made of fucking bullshit anyway, by it one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Like, listen to him talking about this by special, I.
Speaker 6: Think you're gonna love it. My new Trump watches. Who are doing quite a number with watches, and the quality to me is very important. The Trump victory turbion. This isn't just any watch. It's one of the best ways. It's a Tribune watch.
Speaker 2: With he's so checked out, it's like so funny, doesn't he's not really selling it now. He used to be like a little bit more hey, and it's a great watch. It's just like he's like like shifting his weight like a fucking preschool or in a play or something. Who's just like waiting for his lining and like, okay, watch by.
Speaker 1: They claim that his likeness was merely licensed to the best Watches on Earth LLC the Best Watches on Earth all one word LLC, which, first of all, they must be the best watches on Earth. So, Brian, you look pretty stupid right now. It's right there in the name, and they just stopped the recording. Well no, Brian just jumped out the window. The second of all, that company, the Best Watches on Earth LLC, was founded in July of this year and is located in the middle of Wyoming, so great, look, great.
Speaker 2: Grifts happen out there and Sheridan, Wyoming, So yeah, bless up, bless up with Sheardan.
Speaker 1: Bless up folks. All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, September twenty sixth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the back seeing, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye,