Speaker 1: So your alphabet soup folks, yet a month and then a week and then a month, but fathers only get a day. I'm calling bullish. One more thing. I'm one more thing. I mean, you.
Speaker 2: Enjoy cursing too much. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I gotta stop out. Hanson has enough to do without bleeding my filth. I enjoyed it, though. Wow that felt good anyway. Uh sue, It's funny. I hadn't even thought that thought in the introduction until I thought it. Fathers get a day, but we get a month of alphabet soup. I like to screw the alternate people.
Speaker 2: What I don't think that's the society is this. I think that's the point of Pride Month.
Speaker 1: And that's it's all due respect to my my gay friends who are uniformly with the meme I saw the other day. LGB is all we need. The rest is not us well.
Speaker 2: And it's not just a month, as you know, there are a whole bunch of other weeks and days around the same theme throughout the years, so it's not just a month time one hundred.
Speaker 1: And forty a year. Yeah, but fathers get a day. And the reason that's popped into my mind is we have some kind of Father's Day related stuff, and you know, maybe it would have been better then because fathers only get one day. Then you ought to shut up about the importance of fathers.
Speaker 2: Hey, you weren't here on Friday when Katie and I and Michael had the discussion that we've had for many years of looking for a Father's Day card and trying to find one that's not a joke about flatulence or drinking beer or watching TV. Mother's Day cards are all you know, there are some joke Mother's Day cards, but there's tons of how important and valued and crucial mothers are. Dad's Day cards are all joke about.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I just said, Yeah, yeah, very innoy true. So anyway, why would be we be in the least hesitant to continue Father's Day thoughts or respect or that sort of thing. Let's begin with Clip Tenant's Tristans Casas. He's a Boston Red Sox player telling a story about his dad.
Speaker 4: So I'm in coach pitch, and you know, I'm so young, i don't really know what's going on at this point. Still, I'm still just playing baseball just to burn calaries and get out there and get some son right right. And you know, I get out one day and I come back to the dug out crying, pissed. And you know, that's that's what a six year old does. He sits on the bench and he cries and he doesn't want to go out there when you know his team's playing defense. So my dad, you know, be the dad that he is trying to teach me the lessons that he did in his own special way, came into the dugout. He actually grabbed me by my shirt, dragged me to the line, and looney Tune style kicked me out onto the field. And I actually had one of my best friends that I went to high school with later he ended up playing pro ball. His mom actually called child services on my dad at the field. No, no, no, for there's no joke at the field. I see my dad go away in the cop car, gets arrested. Stend the nice and jake. But that day, that day, my dad taught me a super valuable lesson that not not a lot of people know. And it's that I had a responsibility to my teammates, I had a responsibility to my coaches, to the parents that showed up that day, all the fans who were at that little league game, whatever it may be, to go out there and give my best effort, no matter how I was feeling on the bench, no matter what I was going through that day, or whatever little hardship that I was feeling when I got out, that I still apply every single time, because sometimes I just want to sit down on this bench after I get out, and I want to weave and I want to cry. But that's that's not how baseball is. So yeah, I love my dad to death. I wouldn't have this opportunity without him. But yeah, funny little excerpt. That's the type of my dad is.
Speaker 2: So that's true.
Speaker 1: That I like the looney to its references.
Speaker 2: It is an amazing story that took a turn though. She called CPS and the japent the night in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, did not see that coming. Wow. Yeah, that is a good story.
Speaker 2: I also like the fact that he's six and he said the reason he was playing was to burn.
Speaker 1: Glories and to get some sun.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that when I was six, and I better work off this pomp tart.
Speaker 1: Cool. Wow, that second shot with chip Cookie was totally unnecessary. I'm gonna go play some baseball. Yeah, that's that's funny. It reminds me of a conversation we've had before that you know, the the and it's a cliche and certainly the roles overlap. But when little Johnny skins his knee, Mom is, oh honey, oh no, and Dad's like, you'll be fine, You'll be great, and that whole And I remember my dad was my baseball coach a lot too, and he would come out to the mound when I was pitching, and I've said this, told this story before too. He'd say get this guy out or I'm gonna pull you. And it wasn't cruelty. It was a way to focus me and to say, you know, you have a job to do. Here is what it is. I'm not out of here. I'm not out here to tell you everything's going to be okay, because telling you go do it is telling you everything's going to be okay. Telling you ay, you're fine, go run and play is It's a empowering message to look at me a man, demand even as like a fifteen year old, and say focus, get this guy out.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's a compliment.
Speaker 3: Then, shift we've experienced yeah, i'd say, oh yeah, I can't.
Speaker 1: Plus, you know, as I've said before, I was like, you, damn right, I'm getting this guy out. You're not pulling me. And it's just it. That's what coaching is, That's what man to man coaching is. Now it can cross the line into being an a hole if you're a bad coach, but was a very good coach.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Anxiety. It's going to cause anxiety.
Speaker 3: This is reminding me of a story my dad told me. He played football in high school and my grandfather, his dad was a surgeon, and my dad took a cleat to the shin during a game and my granddad sewed him up in the team team locker room and then said get your ass back out there.
Speaker 2: And this was during the Civil War.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, I as well been mid sixties. On the other hand, Katie, do we need any setup for clip twelve?
Speaker 3: No, this is just where we're headed if this woke crap continues.
Speaker 5: Hey, non binary offspring, Hey, non gender specific parent. Just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready if you can send to it. Of course I don't. I don't consent. Well, I was thinking maybe in an.
Speaker 1: Hour or so.
Speaker 5: If you're up to it, me and your other non gender specific parent can sit in the living room and breathe for a little bit if it doesn't trigger you. Of course, you know, I'm not sure if I'm triggered by that or offended. I quite honestly, I don't know what to feel anymore. Trust me, I don't know either. Honey. Oh my god, did you just call me honey? Oh my god? I am so sorry. That's harassment. Please don't tweet about this. I already did. Well, it looks like my career is over. Well, maybe think twenty times before you talk. We'll have to live on the streets. Well, that doesn't matter to me, because my feelings are more important than all of our physical well beings. Okay, well, I'm gonna go into the living room and cry. I love you. You don't have to say it back. I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Wow parent and child in the year twenty sixty.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. I don't know if I'm triggered or offended. I don't know what I'm feeling anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that dude's dad spent the night in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I gotta ask how hard did he kick him? I don't know. The boy looking back is he's full of love and he did the right thing and laughing about it, so yeah he does. I don't know. That's crazy. Yeah, yeah, wow, that's quite a story. You know. They kicked each other pretty hard in those Liney Tunes cartoons. Occasionally it was borderline brutality. Michael, you're quite right. Well, I guess that's it.