Speaker 1: Hey, rain drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, we are getting into Next Gen n Vice season two. I believe this is episode four, if I'm not mistaken. Fun fact, I just started watching the show.
Speaker 1: And I like it. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch last season because I felt like, look, I'm in my forties.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know if this show was for me to watch.
Speaker 2: Although I worked with some of the cast and there were kids Roley Burris, Arianna Gia.
Speaker 1: These are like my babies, so of course I'm proud of them and I'm so happy to see them on this show.
Speaker 2: I just felt like, Okay, this isn't my demographic. Therefore, what's the point in my old ass talking about Next Gen? So I didn't watch season one at all. I did hear good things about it buying to watch it. So what's interesting is season two arrives and I was like, huh, I was home on a rainy Saturday.
Speaker 1: Let me paint the picture. So I was, y'all know me, I'm real descriptive.
Speaker 2: So I was home on a rainy Saturday morning and I was watching Love and Match Huntsville cuts because I watched those on Saturdays. Came with y'all to tea the new season coming soon, real soon. AnyWho, It's not about that, okay. So I'm on Peacock and I saw Next Gen NYC and I said, you know what, let me just entertain this for a second, you know, let me just see what's going on with this. I turned it on and I enjoyed the first episode, and I said, oh, this is kind of giving.
Speaker 1: Now. Remember I said, I'm in my forties.
Speaker 2: So when I save these shows, don't judge your boy if you weren't born in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it gives me Molly Ringwald.
Speaker 2: In The Breakfast Club, it gives me Saved by the Bell with Zach Morris, Kelli Kapowski and Lisa Turtle. So I was like, look, if I look at this show through that lens, then perhaps I can actually.
Speaker 1: Enjoy it. And I have. I love the entire cast.
Speaker 2: You got Mayored with the Mark's son from The Salt Lake City Housewife.
Speaker 1: Her name is Brooks.
Speaker 2: Like I said, you got kem Zoziak's daughter, Arehanna, Candy Burr's daughter, Riley Teresa's daughter Jiya. You got Dame Dash and Rachel Roy's daughter Ava Dash Amara George, I mean Georgia. Excuse me, Hudson, Charlie Shy. You have Brookshield's daughter Rowan, who is there?
Speaker 1: Liam?
Speaker 2: Like, it's an all Star cast, It's an ur Star cast.
Speaker 1: So I like this show.
Speaker 2: So every Saturday, after I'm done watching Love and Match Hunts book Cuts, I watched the X Gen. Now I kept this to myself the rain drops. Then I know I was watching this show, and again I did not want to recap it because I was like, I don't know, I just feel like, should I be talking about some twenty year oads and their behavior?
Speaker 1: I don't know, does that seem appropriate? This is what I was thinking. And I'm a Libra.
Speaker 2: Libras overthink and I'm like, Carlos, it's a reality show in Bravo. Do you really think you're the only forty something year old person watching the show?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 2: And they're not like teenagers. You can watch the show and recap it. So I said, okay, and the moment I said to myself, okay, let me start recapping the show. Of course, it's the episode that everyone's talking about as it relates to Roley Burris and what happened in this episode.
Speaker 1: When she and.
Speaker 2: Georgia got into it. Now, Georgia and Raleigh have history. In case you guys like me, did I watch season one, We definitely got a recap if we're only tuning into season two for the first time, which is Raleigh and Georgia just did not seem to get along, and there were microaggressions that was happening with Riley because Raleigh, Raleigh, and Ava last season were the only two black girls on the show, a mocks a predominantly white cast, and I recall seeing on the blogs a scene I believe it was Rolly and Charlie, I'm my mistaken where things were said and Roley cried, and baby, you know, we don't play.
Speaker 1: About Roley Burds. Okay, we just don't rally my her business. Okay.
Speaker 2: She's a quiet girl. She's very sweet, she's very intelligent, and she.
Speaker 1: Don't bother nobody.
Speaker 2: So I did see a lot of people have her back last season when it came beto her and Georgia. One of the things that came out was Georgia admitting she don't wash her hands after using the bathroom, which is gross. As a germophobe, it's gross. It's gross. I keep look at my desk, I keep sanitizer with me at bad I.
Speaker 1: Have this, I have my charger. I have diptique hmmm.
Speaker 2: Perfume to spray around. I like to keep an ambiance when I'm filming for you guys, okay, And because I think you guys can smell my breath through the screen, I also keep me cements, Okay, I create an ambionce So the idea that Georgia doesn't wash her hands is disgusting.
Speaker 1: And that's no shade, it's it's it's gross. Okay. So Raleigh acknowledges rightfully. So the ship is nasty, it ain't cute, fucked up. Who raised you? Right, that's what we're all thinking. Our hands, not in our hands, Lord, in our minds. Who raised your Georgia? Because of the black community, we.
Speaker 2: Definitely washed our hands after the bathroom, even before the bathroom, child, because we don't want to get nothing dirty on our private parts.
Speaker 1: But I digress, okay. So this episode, Riley and Georgia.
Speaker 2: Are having a discussion, and look, it is what it is. There's one thing about me. I'm going to keep it to y'all. Straight nose chaser obviously, Riley was drunk.
Speaker 1: Riley is also twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: Is Roley the first person in her twenties to get drunk and misbehave.
Speaker 1: Show up hands if you got drunk in.
Speaker 2: Your twenties or even thirties did and said some shit that you regret. Okay, I think all of us can raise our hands and say we've all had that experience.
Speaker 1: The thing with Riley is she has cameras in front of her face.
Speaker 2: Which called this the world to see her in that light as somebody who worked with Riley. When her mom joined the show season two, I think Raley was maybe nine, if I'm not mistaken, around nine, maybe seven, eight or nine. Riley has always been a quiet girl. She minds her business. She is extremely smart, always was a four point zero student. There's no surprise that she got accepted to NYU like she's a.
Speaker 1: Smart young woman.
Speaker 2: Granted, what she did was not great because Georgia, from my purview, did not do anything to warrant.
Speaker 1: That level of angst at her direction.
Speaker 2: You know, seeing Riley hold the glass and tried to throw, not try, but motion that she would throw the drink at her a glass at that to see Riley point her fingers in Georgia's face and all of this, and that we gotta be fair. If the tables were turned and this white girl did this to a black girl, We're gonna be honest. This would be a whole different conversation, and we're gonna be honest here, okay, which is why I'm going to be fair and say, was Raleigh wrong?
Speaker 1: Duh? She even admitted she was wrong.
Speaker 2: And I'll get to her conversation with Arianna in a second. By the way, Arianna no shade my favorite character, and Eric crows on the show's Arianna Beerman. I mean again, I've worked with Arianna where her mom, Kim Zoziak started a house live season one, and Arianna and Brielle again sweet girls. And it's funny because Brielle was always the outgoing one and Arianna was the quiet one. So I think it's interesting that the quiet girls, Riley and Arianna as quiet when they were young, young girls.
Speaker 1: They're on a hit TV show, so.
Speaker 2: I'm a proud like big brother watching them live their best lives on this. Arianna is just it's something about Arihanna that gives me.
Speaker 1: She's so put together and wise for her age. And fair and smart.
Speaker 2: I really enjoy watching her Ava Dash, I love a ba Dash. I give her the same like Ava gorgeous, gorgeous woman put together. Just I love this cast, but r ring out it to me is the MVP of the season, of course, Ga and my baby Gia.
Speaker 1: Gia is a baby, Teresa.
Speaker 2: Right, and I Gia was grown when I met her too, honey season one. Okay, when we when we when we used to go to the go seas, Gia's like maybe five or six, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And Teresa would.
Speaker 2: Take her to all the auditions, the modeling scouts like. So again, I love my girls. So Georgia did not deserve what was happening to her. When Riley made the comment about Georgia's drink having ketamine in it, yikes, not great, not great. Georgia took it on the chin. And I'm gonna tell y'all why she did too, Because we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: The first four letters of this show is real, and we're gonna keep it real.
Speaker 1: Georgia knew.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be seen as a white girl getting into.
Speaker 1: It with a black girl. That's to me. That's why Georgia took it on the chin.
Speaker 2: Accusing someone of having kednman or drink is not okay, And if that was anyone else, it would have been a different story in terms of their response to it. And Georgia had every right to ask Riley, why are you that? Where did you get this from? What's going on? I need to know why would you say that? Arihanna was even like Riley, you can't say those things.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 2: Ava Dash is across the table, like Roy. Everybody tried to help Riley outus's moment. And that's what I do love about this show because you do see they care for each other. And listen Riley at this point, again, she's in her twenties.
Speaker 1: Have fun.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to, like, you know, do the wildest things. You're in your twenties. It's a decade to do it. And that's why I want to make sure that no one judges Raleigh for being drunk, as if none of us were drunk in our twenties.
Speaker 1: She's twenty three.
Speaker 2: I thank god I didn't have cameras around me in my twenties or thirties.
Speaker 1: I've just you know what I'm saying, Like we've all done.
Speaker 2: Stupid things unfortunately for Raleigh, though there's a camera there, and I just want to go on record saying I don't want anybody to judge Riley for a laughs in judgment while she was intoxicated.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's not fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, think about the craziest things you've done, and think about how blessed you are. A reality show is not following you. So let's give Riley some grace when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: Was she wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes, she also admitted she was wrong, and she apologized to Georgia. Riley wanted to pick a fight with Georgia, and I would give Georgia prosper not.
Speaker 1: Beating into it. I think Georgia knew, like I'm I don't want to be called a racist.
Speaker 2: It's it's I just think she just knew, like I know how this is going to be seen and and and shown and when you saw Arihanna. But Roley comes to the bathroom with me, get some water, Ava dashed, Like, let's get some water, you know, give you some pizza. Maybe if you have food in your system, you know, you can like your hangover can like you know, dissipate a little bit. Those are some really good friends. And Rollie, if you're watching, I will say this again. We'll see what happens. I think you guys are having a reunion. I'm here to tell you Arihanna is your real friend and we all deserve a friend like Arihanna. Arianna did everything that I would have done. Arianna did things that my friends have done to me in my twenties, being cuckoo for coca puffs like we've all done it. I promise you, Arihanna is the best friend a girl can ask for. That's a Rodald Dye chick. Okay, everyone deserves a friend like her. And Ava Dash did great as well. But we also got to call the elephant in the room. Georgia, being a white girl, just knew she.
Speaker 1: Was gonna lose lose situation and that's why she sat there and took it.
Speaker 2: Roleigh motioned a glass drinking her direction.
Speaker 1: And Georgia not, you know, ducked. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Rolly had her fingers in that girl's face, and Georgia took it. And it's not about picking sides, It just about calling out the obvious, which was it just wasn't a great look. But again, She's a young woman that made a mistake, okay. And what was interesting to me is when when Raleigh was talking to Arianna and Kim Zosiak, we did a marvelous job with Arehanna.
Speaker 1: She is wise beyond her years. Seriously, Riley.
Speaker 2: Was telling Arihanna, my hometown friends would not let it go down that way. They would have stepped in and they would have pretty much checked Georgia for what she was doing.
Speaker 1: She was attagonizing me. I didn't see it that way.
Speaker 2: I didn't see Georgia attagonizing Riley at all.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I think if.
Speaker 2: Riley did that to Abradash, Abradash would have had a different response.
Speaker 1: I think they coddled around Riley because she.
Speaker 2: Is because of what she experienced last year, and I think they all knew, like, we got to be very sensitive to this because we don't want that to happen to her again. And that's why I appreciate the fact that they rallied around her when it came to.
Speaker 1: Raleigh.
Speaker 2: When it came to Raleigh calling and got Arihanna, Arihanna did not deserve that. And what I will say is this, What I will say is this and Raleigh's defense.
Speaker 1: She may not remember everything either.
Speaker 2: Guys, right again, let's go back to moments we got drunk, acted a fool. The next morning, we're trying to like recount what happened. So I think again, let's give Raleigh some grace because she may not remember everything play by play. But what I will say is Arihanna and I think Roley can watch it out and hopefully see Arianna was a good friend and hopefully texted her and said my bad says I saw it and.
Speaker 1: You did have my back. That's my hope. Arianna did all the right things.
Speaker 2: She's like, I didn't see it that way in terms of Georgia antagonizing you, I just did not see it that way. But tell me what I could have done better. That's a friend. This is a safe space for you. So tell me what could I have done better that your hometown friends have done, because I do feel like that's a dig because I do consider your friend. And yes, we got reconnected a year ago after our moms were friends on Housewives and they fell out. And once again, when the mamas fall out, the kids ain't playing with each other.
Speaker 1: Watch more than a live episode to get that reference.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lord knows I need a break from talking about that subject. So y'all Monday, I'm pretty sure it'll come up again.
Speaker 1: I digress. So Riley and Arianna.
Speaker 2: When Kim, when Kim Zosiak and Candy were friends, they will go to the Mahamas together.
Speaker 1: And they would bring their children.
Speaker 2: And Riley and Arianna obviously are around the same age. So that's why you saw the picture of them as little girls. It doesn't mean they were friends while their mothers weren't during the filming of the show. So they reconnected courtesy of this new reality show. And they obviously, you know, snapped back to being like.
Speaker 1: Oh what's up, Like yeah, I remember. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Arianna did all the right things, she asked all the right questions, she held Raleigh accountable, and look, Rileigh just wasn't ready to hear that. And that's okay, that's okay, that's okay, that's okay. I give Rally her props for apologizing to Georgia. I give Rally her props for saying, no, it's me, it's me. I did something wrong. I think what Raleigh is saying without saying, is this Riley, because I did see some comments about Raleigh telling Arihanna pretty much we were raised differently. I don't think that was a classicism thing that you guys are trying to make it.
Speaker 1: I don't think that.
Speaker 2: I think to be the daughter of Candy Burr's, who doesn't drink, who's known to be a great business woman, I think Rileigh was talking about I have it differently. My mother's Candy Burris. She's known not to drink even when she's on the Housewives, and she got into the Girls.
Speaker 1: It was never because she was drunk.
Speaker 2: Everybody looks at Candy as, you know, a great business woman, and I think for Raleigh that's a lot to live up to.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why.
Speaker 2: She cried, because even when Candy FaceTime her you can turn. Raleigh was embarrassed, like we all would be if our mom called us.
Speaker 1: But we all of.
Speaker 2: Us don't know what it's like to be the mother of a superstar. We don't know what that feels like. And I think Riley just had a moment where it was a lot on her the blogs talking about it.
Speaker 1: She got these cameras in her face.
Speaker 2: Anytime you have to deal with a drunken night, you are embarrassed. You don't want to talk about it. The last thing you want to do is talk about it, especially when you weren't in the wrong. But what I do believe is this. I do believe Riley will look at this and see like, got it, got it.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: And yeah, she made a TikTok after the episode aired that some people thought she still did not get it. I will still say, give that girl some grace. She's twenty three. She's twenty three years old, and she's on television and her mother's candy birds. So even if she's not getting it now, give her some time to get it.
Speaker 1: I care more about.
Speaker 2: I care more about her watching it and looking at like, Okay, where are some things that I can do differently?
Speaker 1: And secondly, I care about.
Speaker 2: Her knowing that Baby Area is a good friend and that's not a friendship you should lose over this moment.
Speaker 1: You keep that girl around.
Speaker 2: She may not be your hometown friend, but for somebody that you reconnected with the years later, and y'all have been friendly enough for a year, keep her around, baby, keep her around, Keep her around. But like I said, it was definitely hard to watch.
Speaker 1: But this show is good. It's good. It's a good show. It's a good show. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Next Gen comes on Wednesdays on Bravo Thursdays on Peacock. It is worth watching it. Like I said, you got Meredith Mark some Brooks. Brooks is hilarious.
Speaker 1: You got Able.
Speaker 2: Dash, daughter of Dame Dash and Rachel Roy. You have g Judai's Teresa's daughter. By the way, even seeing Aba and Gia get into it, I love this show because, like I said, Gas the baby Teresa. But I love the fact that they hash the out their issues.
Speaker 1: They hashed it out and they kept it push it. I loved it. I love it, I love it. I love it. And like Jia said, this episode, like.
Speaker 2: We're not in our forties fighting, Like yes, I come from a family where people fight, Like hey, y'all seen Jersey, But like she said, it was something different about this moment. And they're in their twenties. They want to just have fun, and I do like seeing them have fun, which is why I love the show. So next Ye, NYC, I do think you all should watch. It's a great show.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And my prayers go out to Roley Burris and.
Speaker 1: My words to use sweet baby. Is this too shall pass? This too shall pass, this two shall pass? All right, rain jobs. I'll see you guys on the next episode Reality with the King. Enjoy your weekend.