Speaker 1: All right, thank you Scott Shannon, and thanks to all of you for being with us. Write down our toll free telephone number. We have a busy news day today. It's eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to be a part of the program. Later on, there were a bunch of Navy seals that were out in the freezing cold early in the morning to get into the hearings for Pete Hegsat today. I thought he did phenomenal and everything I predicted yesterday came to fruition. Democrats revert to form. They can't control themselves, and you know, petty, nonsensical personal attacks, but they've got only a limited period of time, and Pete was able to parry away pretty much every attack that they made against him and refused to fall into their traps. I'll go into specificity in details here in a second. It's funny I did read Kerry Pickets column in the Washington Times today. Many many congressional Democrats do not plan to attend Donald Trump's inauguration on Monday, but they're not calling it a boycott. Well, then, what would you call it? Sounds like a boycott, It looks like a boycott sounds like a boycott. Guess what, it's a boycott anyway. At Trump's first inauguration, more than sixty Democratic lawmakers boycott of the event because they said Trump was an illegitimate, dangerous president. Eight years later, plenty of House Democrats skipping Donald Trump swearing in at the US Capitol. Many blame a scheduling conflict. They must be having tea time somewhere anyway. I think it's kind of just general conflict of logistics aos, he said to The Washington Times about her plan no show. Emmanuel Cleaver Missouri doesn't know if he can make the inauguration, saying the day conflicts with MLK Day events at his church. He told the Times that if he decides he can't make it, it would not be part of a boycott. Some Democratic lawmaker said they were participating. They're using the MLK holiday that's also a National Championship Day. Squad member Presley of Massachusetts said that she would spend the weekend of Martin Luther King Junior in her district at community events. Who cares if they come or not. It doesn't really matter if they come or not. It was you know everything that you you would expect. I thought, Pete himself stay dialed in and focus will play some of his responses as the show goes on. Now, I'm really not going to spend a lot of time on Democrats because I don't even think they're worthy of our time. But you know, they're just not serious people, and these are serious times and national security, national defense is critical in my mind, and what the focus of today should have been about, you know, And they didn't spend a lot of time about. They spend a lot of time on social issues, women in combat, Pete's personal life.
Speaker 2: You know, things that have nothing to do with the job.
Speaker 1: And I just sit there and I'm like, Okay, it's the same old Democratic party. They didn't learn a thing from this past election. And they're focused on you know, DEI. They're focused on, you know, the type of politics that you would expect from Democrats. And in the end, they really didn't lay a hand on him. Identity politics just rules the day for them. And I think what made it impressive is when Pete did get an opportunity to speak, he talked about the need to rebuild on military and re establish de terrence and responsibly in these wars, which Donald Trump ran his whole campaign on and he talked about how the Department of Defense standards will achieve peace through strength, and how these standards will not be equal, will will be equal, not equitable, which is very different. Now he's a change agent. His special interest is the war fighter, and there was a coordinated effort to smear him by the left wing media, which was all true, and that came out during the course of the hearing stage. If you didn't get a chance to watch it all, which I'm sure most of you did not because you were busy, and I'll give you a quick summary because I have taken notes for the entire hearings. Roger Whitker of Mississippi gave him a warm welcome as an experienced nominee well positioned to help meet the challenges of today's Department of Defense, and describing his background as a warrior fighter himself as an asset, not a shortfall, and how he will inject a new warrior ethos into the pentagon of spirit that can cascade from the top down. Now, when I look at our military today, this is me speaking, I see a military that has what exactly what Reagan inherited, and that is a gap of vulnerability. We have fallen behind. It has not been the priority. At one point, I don't remember who it was, they talked about five billion dollars being spent in the first year alone and on DEI programs within the military, which is insanity. It came up a number of times the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan and how that could ever happen that, you know, a lot of Democrats just openly said right from the get go that Pete Hegseth is not qualified, and then they went on to lecture him. Norm Coleman gave an impassioned speech in favor of Pete, which I thought was very good. The incoming National Security Advisor, Mike Waltz introduced and endorsed Pete for Defense Secretary. Like Pete, I served in the US Army. Like Pete, I'm a veteran. We deployed to Afghanistan all over the world at the height of the War on Terror, which is the war of our generation. Like thousands of other war fighters, we witnessed the hardships of war. We experienced the loss of friends in combat. We've had to endure too much time away from family and from friends, and then he opened his remarks, you know, about going to work for President Trump and this committee, you know, is to restore that warrior ethic to the Pentagon and throughout our fighting force and re established trust in our military and addressing the recruiting crisis, the retention crisis, the readiness crisis. What they did to some members of our military during COVID, people that were choosing to take control of their own bodies, and you know, they wanted to give him at the time dishonorable discharges. It was insane. And how the Department of Defense under Trump will achieve peace through strength and pursuing these America first national security goals and remained patriotically a political and strive towards constitutionality. And as it relates to the orchestrated smear on him, well that was clear from day one, and he dealt with all of it.
Speaker 2: He dealt with it head on. Talked about Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's he and through rough periods in his life and he changed his life around. Gave credit to to his conversion and commitment to Christianity in Jesus and his wife for changing his life around during a tough period in his life. We're going back a decade now, so we're not talking about anything that was really current in any way. And then, you know, then the questioning comes in, you know, and here we go, rather than talking about the gap of vulnerability, why does China rush off hypersonic technology with maneuverability and we don't, you know, why is it that we've got to rely on the many delivery systems for nuclear weapons as our greatest deterrence. That should not be our greatest deterrence, you know. But they didn't spend any time talking about Donald Trump's proposal for an iron dome that would protect the entire country, something I would love to see President Trump accomplish, because I am very convinced that future wars will not be fought on battlefields, although you will always people on the ground and intelligence on the ground, but for the most part, you're not gonna have kids going door to door like they were in Iraq and stepping on IEDs and not having up armored hum v's. We can't be fighting wars like that ever again in the future. If we're gonna liberate other countries, yeah, Donald Trump's right, they should pay for their liberation. We should not have to pay for it with a thirty seven trillion dollar debt, and I think that that is the future. But developing the next generation of warfare is going to cost this country an enormous amount of money. China has been spending, you know, drastic amounts of money on building up their war machine. They have shown open hostility even against American and ships in international waterways, and against our air force and international airwaves. They've shown nothing but hostility flying over our ally Taiwan. They've talked about their territorial ambitions. Then of course we want to get it. We would like to see an end to what's going on with Ukraine and Vladimir Putin. That has to be dealt with, the Iranian's desire for nuclear weapons, that has to be dealt with. That's that's not what most of these democrats wanted to talk about. And heg Seth was very clear criticizing, you know, DEI policies of today and how they're dividing troops inside formations, causing commanders to walk on eggshells, not putting meritocracy at the top anyway, Senator Reid fired back, all of your public comments don't talk about meritocracy. They talk about liberal democratic efforts that are destroying the military, that those people are enemies. I don't recall them ever saying enemies, but you know, Senator Shaheen questioned heg seth regarding women in the military, and he's been clear and he clarified this long before these hearings, and they wasted so much time on this. He said he'd be honored to serve among all men, women, black, white, all background. Says he's not talking about capabilities of men versus women, but standards for men and women, and that the standards must be high, and the standards have got to be the same for men and women, and if you meet those standards to serve in the military, then you're in the military, period and a sentence and that wasn't enough. Then Senator Jilibrand continues the questioning about women in the military, and Hegsas says he'd never criticized women in the military, but calling out, you know how he has seen standards lowered for women and commanders and they have quotas which have lowered and disparages women in the military. And Jilibrand wouldn't back off. I have many concerns about your record, particularly your public statements because they're hurtful to the men and women who currently serve in the US military and their morale. This guy has been He's devoted as entire adult life life to serving the military. This is what he cares about. And then attack Senator Cotton, Well, he was giving you layups to differentiate between the different types of combat. Specifically, as secretary, would you take any action to reinstitute the combat arms exclusion for female service members? Knowing full well you have hundreds of women doing that job right now, and the standards that you run a two minute, you run, your two mile run is about the Army combat fitness test. And heg set said, I respect every single female service member that has put on the uniform, past and present. My critique, Senator, recently and in the past, and from personal experience, have been instances where I see standards lowered. And then he talked about that Donald Trump wants to prevent war, that the best way to prevent war is to have the greatest, meanest, toughest, most advanced military on the face of this earth. Right now now, I would make the argument we don't have that they have dropped the ball, and we saw that in Afghanistan, and you know, giving away our strategic petroleum reserves and all these missiles and escalating the conflict in Ukraine the way Joe Biden is. It's just been ridiculous. But the chief job would be to deter war, prevent war. And it was funny you watch Blumenthal, who lied about his service in Vietnam, trying to attack Pete over the money management while he was leading a veterans group. I was kind of laughing at that somewhat Tim Kaine spent almost all of his time. Now this is a bit of an irony here that kind of made me chuckle to myself anyway, because wasn't it the same Tim Kaine that ran with Hillary Clinton? And he's Grilla and Pete hegseth over allegations about his personal life and an allegation that went away after a criminal investigation that never came for a whey based on the evidence in the case that didn't exist in that case. And I can only guess they picked Caine to pursue that line of questioning because of the familiarity he must have acquired about, you know, people being accused of rape and cheating husbands when he was Bill Clinton's vice presidential running mate in twenty sixteen, but he didn't seem particularly offended that his running mate's husband had been credibly accused of all of these things, including exposing himself, rape, sexual assault, serial cheating, and all the above. He seemed to be very good friends with Bill Clinton. So I found that a little bit a little bit of irony there. And so that came up, and you know, then the issue of whether or not you believe in waterboarding and the Geneva conventions came up with Angus King. Let's see, one person, a Democrat from Michigan, Gary Peters, was upset they didn't have a one on one meeting. I'm like, really, that's what's That's all you have to say. I thought that Senator Mullen of Oklahoma was particularly powerful. He went right out as fellow senators and he goes, yeah, how many of you have shown up having drunk at night to vote? And how many of you here in this chamber have have have been involved in cheating scandals? He was like, he went right there. I was like wow. Then he called out the hypocrisy of senators and then he pointed out, yes, everyone has send and fall in short, he didn't use those words. They're my words. And we've all, well the Bible's words. Uh, we've all made mistakes. And Petez, you know, changed his life and he's done it for a number of years now. But they want to go back and dredge up the passes pasted as much as they can. This is why good people don't want to run for public office. They don't want to be a part of serving in the government. It's a high price that you pay, I'll tell you. Uh, listen, you might think that, Okay, I'll use my gun in self defense that obviously, if you have to protect. I can't announce everything yet, but we have a lot planned for next week.
Speaker 2: Excited about all of it. Let's put it this way.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be spending more time in the DC swamp than I had originally planned. But we have a lot of really good stuff that we're going to do that I think hopefully we'll get things started off on the right foot and be productive in a lot of different ways. I'm kind of getting excited about Linda, you get excited about Monday. It can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. Of course, could you just just Just imagine what it would be like if Kamala won for a second.
Speaker 2: Just imagine that. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I try not to have bad dreams while wide awake, and I'll do that. That's not a thing.
Speaker 1: It would be pretty bad. They announced that, Oh I know that Rascal Plats is going to be playing there. That's pretty cool be playing. Oh guess who else is playing there? Who the village people are playing there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I did see that.
Speaker 3: I did see that, y MC.
Speaker 2: Did you see at the park? Are you going to do it?
Speaker 3: Sean? You're going to get up there and dance with them?
Speaker 2: No? I'm not, No, I will not be. I'm working.
Speaker 3: That might be the one thing that you could do. You don't have to move the bottom board of your body. You just have to move your arms.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is you put the big y up right and then you do the M and then you kind of slant over A and then the A at the top when you put your hands together.
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 3: And the third letter is C. But we'll give you a pass. Not everybody gets it right the first time.
Speaker 1: It's fine, Okay, I sound like Joe Biden or who was it that said the three letter word, jobs, j obs, jobs anyway, So the village people, Rascal Flats carry Underwood is going to be performing, and you know, and by the way, to her, she doesn't care at all about any backlash good for her that she may face, according to sources who say that the singer is very proud to have the chance to have that experience during her career. She's got such an amazing voice, by the way, she's incredible. And I really don't care what performers political points of view are. I mean, if I chose my music, and if I chose what I watched, which I don't watch a lot of stuff. I've been obsessed with the chosen now forever. But if I chose it based on their politics, I wouldn't watch any of it.
Speaker 2: Anyway. They're gonna do Macho man ymca. I just I don't.
Speaker 1: I have so much that I have to do work wise, and we're doing a show Sunday night that I really won't have time to do anything else but get my work done. And you are aware of my schedule, so you know how tight things are going to be. It's gonna be pretty pretty tight, indeed, And it's just you know, it's it's going to be such shock and awe. If you want to know what the schedule is on, when is it. On Saturday, there's a reception of fireworks will be held at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Virginia. Is a reception for Cabinet nominees and a dinner hosted by Vice President elect JD.
Speaker 2: Vans.
Speaker 1: On the nineteenth, Trump is going to lay a route that the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, where members of the military are buried. A victory rally at Capital One Arena, which is the home of the Washington Wizard and the Washington Capitals. That's the Candlelight dinner. I had a couple of close friends of mine that are going to that and tried to talk me into going. I'm like, well, I'm doing a show on Sunday night. I have no choice, but I'll have to work. I'll be working on Inauguration Day. The day begins with services at Saint John's Church. After the church service, Trump will have tea at the White House with Joe and Jill Biden. At noon, Trump will take the oath of office at the US Capital. I do solemnly swear affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, defend the Constitution of the United States. After saying then goodbye to Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris, the President will hold a signing ceremony near the Senate Chamber, where he will likely sign nominations so that his cabinets elections can be confirmed expeditiously. A lunch will be hosted by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, which organizes the inauguration events, including the swearing in ceremony. Prior to the parade from the Capital to the White House, the President will review the troops. The parade will be down Pennsylvania Avenue. I'm sure security is going to be I pray security is going to be insane. It should be, it must be. It has to be. At the White House, Trump all whole day signing ceremony, where he will sign what is expected to be shock and awe a flurry of executive orders. He will attend and address three inaugural balls, the Commander in Chiefs Ball, the Liberty Inaugural Ball, and the Starlight Ball. I will be at one of the three. Wherever he will be in the nine pm hour is the one I will be at. And it looks like it was up until yesterday, the Liberty Ball. It looks like the Starlight Ball now. So we'll have to wait and see how that plays out. I have to put on a tuxedo again. Can you believe it? You know how I love my tuxedo.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, listen, I would wear just about anything. I'd wear a tuxedo to go to the ball and see President Trump.
Speaker 2: Oh, would you like to do? You do? You never mention that you want? Would you like to go to the ball?
Speaker 3: No? I'm washing my hair that night. I can't make it.
Speaker 1: My hair that night, you can't make it. I get you a picture. I thought this was going to buy me goodwill with Donald Trump when we were in Harrisburg, and and that lasted about two weeks, as I predicted, left. It lasted longer than I thought. Actually, Alabama and Texas and Mike Johnson have all ordered the capital their state flags and capital flags.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: They were refusing to keep it at half staff during Trump's inauguration. This is something Joe Biden had decided, and I hope when Trump gets in there he just puts the flag up. I think you should. But the petty look, the pettiness was on display. It's gonna be on display for Cash, It's gonna be on this display for Tulsi. It's gonna be on display for Pam, who's on I think she's up tomorrow. It's gonna be on display for Marco. It's going to be on display for RFK Junior. It's it's pretty much gonna be everybody. And this is just Democrats, bitter, angry, petty. We saw all the petty news of Joe Biden on the way out the door. None of us should be a surprise to anybody, and you know we saw it on display today. I mean, I mean the fact that they designate Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton's running mate, to go after Pete on issues from his past is a little ironic. Did that not make you laugh? It kind of made me laugh, and like, this is your best shot? And then the best shot that they took at Pete. You know, they obsessed for like an hour and a half over women and their role in combat. Am I old fashioned in thinking that? In my way?
Speaker 2: Of thinking I'm not against women in combat. I'm not at all.
Speaker 1: I just think the standards, as Pete was pointing out, need to be exactly the same, and that which would go for police departments, some fire departments. As long as as long as you're capable of doing the job, nothing should prevent you from being a job. Your section prevent you from being you know, from doing the job. But at the end of the day, if you're a firefighter and you can't carry somebody out of a burning building, when if for whatever reason, man or woman, then that's not the job for you. It's just simply not. And maybe I'm very old fashioned, but if somebody breaks into my house and there's anybody in my house, which usually there's not, if somebody breaks into my house, I think it's my job to get up and to deal with whatever situation is unfolding.
Speaker 2: At my house. Do you do you think that?
Speaker 1: Do you feel the same way, Lindaree?
Speaker 3: With you?
Speaker 1: How many times did I use the analogy about you and being out with somebody and if somebody starts choking and you're with a guy, I think that guy's choking. Don't you think that was a good example because I know you would knock over the table, you would dive into the next table, you would race over yet behind the guy put your fingers down his throat to the Heimlich maneuver all at once.
Speaker 3: Is that action not the best analogy. I think the better analogy is to look at like this LA firefighter who was like, you know, if I have to carry your husband out of a fire, then your husband got in the wrong spot. And I think to your point, into Pete Hegsett's point is that you know, again, it's on an equal basis, not equity.
Speaker 1: Charlemaine the God says that the prosecution of Trump is pure political theater. And you know what what happens if a forest falls in the tree. If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, that's sort of like Jack Smith who resigned and is releasing a vindictive report to justify what was nothing but a political witch hunt. And of course, you know, dump it in just days before Donald Trump takes the oath of office, and with no opportunity for Donald Trump and his team to even rebutt it. It's nothing but a cheap shot, and nobody really cares. Nobody cares, not even the people at MSDNC or fake New CNN care about any of this nonsense.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what people do care about.
Speaker 1: You know, the more we learn about these LA wildfires, the angrier that everybody I think should get. I think everybody should be very angry, because this is what radical environmentalism is all about. It's also rooted and deeply tied into the socialist, Marxist statist agenda. Hence the Green New Deal guarantees government healthy food, daycare, I guaranteed government job, blah blah blah, everything's guaranteed. Creator to grave wound to the two. Now, at the end of the day, I'm telling you where the money is going to come from, you, the taxpayers. And Speaker Mike Johnson said he believes that aid sent to California with all the devastation could probably have conditions. I think he's right. In other words, unless they practice the science of forestry, unless they fill their reservoirs, unless they have hydrants and a plan to take care of any area that might be subject to a wildfire, unless they have the general practice of clearing out brush, unless they implement controlled burns, then why are we bothering to pour good money after bad. I mean, for example, years ago, they didn't have Category five storm impact windows in Florida.
Speaker 2: Now it's now.
Speaker 1: It's as far as I'm concerned, it's mandatory, and I think for most people it's pretty much mandatory. And if you're anywhere near the coast, it absolutely is mandatory. Harris is refusing to invite the JD vance as is traditional, over to where he will be living when he becomes vice president. But does anybody really care? I don't think so. The more that we're learning about this fire, the more we're learning how California eco bureaucrats halted a Pacific Palisades fire safety project to save an endangered shrub. This was in the New York Post today, But in twenty nineteen, the LA Department of Water and Power again replacing nearly one hundred year old power line poles cutting through some state park. When the project was halted within days by conservationist outrage. That federally endangered I don't even know what this is. That federally endangered Braunton's milkviitch plants had been trampled during the process. You know what that plant is. I've never heard of that plant. The goal of The project was to improve fire safety for the Pacific Palisades area by replacing the wood poles with steel, widening the fire access lanes in the area, installing wind and fire resistant power lines, all after the area was identified as having an elevated fire risk. The project would have ensured power reliability and safety while helping reduce wildfire threats. The wooden poles were installed between nineteen thirty three and nineteen fifty five, well passed their useful service life. But this is how insane the environmental movement is. And then if you look at the New York Post today, they have a long expos about how Governor Newsom has plans to spend one hundred billion dollars on electric vehicles. We told you about LA They have those green one of those green street sweepers. They're eight hundred grand apiece. They got one hundred billion million dollars on electric vehicles. Meanwhile they're cutting back and by the way, I'm proposed cutting two point six billion in fire prevention budget. By their two point six billion fire prevention budget by one hundred and one million. I mean, what part of this you're not getting?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Now they're going to ask taxpayers to bail them out. Sorry, no, thank you. There is a recall effort now against Newsom again underweigh in California. Follow In this La Times owner says the outlet made a mistake endorsing Mayor Karen bass nine charge for looting that's now becoming a big issue. Kamala Harris has a word salad telling fired wildfire victims to find anything that helps them to be patient. What do why one need a comfort doll? What is she talking about? Does she ever know what she's talking about? Hey, listen, Improving your credit takes time, but it does not need to be a daunting task. The one thing everybody has to watch out for is identity theft, and to start your or credit improvement, one of the things you can do is manage the debt, pay it off in a way that works for you, and keep an eye on your credit score and consider using something like LifeLock Ultimate Plus that will help monitor activity alert you to any fraud. It's hardly a person I know that has not been a victim of some type of identity theft or cybercrime. There's hardly anybody I know now, and that's where LifeLock comes in, they detect. They alert you to potential identity threats that you'll never spot on your own. For example, loan's taken out on your name, people using your credit card, crimes committed by thieves pretending to be you. If you don't want to be a victim of identity theft, well they have a dedicated used based restoration a team. If you are a victim, they will fix it all for you, but they'll be monitoring it every single day. Protect yourself now with LifeLock. If you join now, you'll save forty percent off your first year. Just use the promo code Hannity when you call one eight hundred LifeLock, or just go to LifeLock dot com. Promo code Hannity forty percent off eight hundred LifeLock LifeLock dot com.
Speaker 2: Today, Sean Hannity.
Speaker 1: Right, will be coming back, John Fetnerman. Maybe you a Republican very helpful to Trump. Will check in with Selena Is you know, Ram Paul will be here today and Navy seals that went to support Pete Hegseth, they'll tell us what they witnessed today. Straight ahead, all right, you said bye bye to big government and you want limited government you voted for that. Well, now it's time to trim the fat from big wireless. If you are still using the big carriers Verizon AT and T T Mobile. I asked, why are you doing that? Because my cell phoned company, Pure Talk, a veteran owned company, gives you the exact same service. They use the same cell towers, you get the same five G network, you get better customer service, and they're based here in the US, and you pay half the price for the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: There's simply no need to spend eight one hundred bucks a month per person on your wireless bill, not when you can get unlimited talk text, fifteen gigs a data with mobile hotspot, but just thirty five dollars a month. And by the way, the average family of four saves about one thousand dollars a year with Puretalk. Make the switch. You simply dial pound two to fifty. You say the keyword save now.
Speaker 2: Do it now.
Speaker 1: You save an additional fifty percent off your first month. That's pound two fifty keywords save now. From our friends, a pure Talk, America's wireless company.