Speaker 1: Well, welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show. My name is Rose. Sean is traveling with the President on his Middle East tour. You can hear all about it as he weighs in every night on his TV show Live from the Middle East in the meantime. My name is Rose, as I said, and joining me today, is the author of several books, some of which are planned read China's Going to War and also The Coming Collapse of China and the Great US China Tech War. And I have read some of these books. I've always had to listen to what he's had to say about China. He's an expert in my opinion. His name is Gordon Chang. He's a former United States Trade representative. He's joining us today to talk about what happened with the talks between the US and China this weekend in Switzerland. Please welcome to the show, Gordon Chang.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm fine, Rose, and thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: If anyone wants to keep up with what's going on, particularly where China is Concer learned, you can check Gordon out at Gordon g Chang on x SO. Mister Chang, there's a lot going on right now. Everybody's telling us that the talks in Switzerland over the weekend were substantial in terms of progress. The Chinese Vice Premier said it was an important first step toward resolving differences. China is America's third largest trading partner. But what we are looking at right now is hopefully setting a path for future discussions on open market access for American exports, because in my opinion, that's one of the most important things. But there were a lot of things that they were hoping for in this meeting. They were hoping that they could achieve to de escalate tensions with China. They wanted to create a level playing field. They wanted to rebuild their strategic industries that have been actually hollowed out in the past. Retrade not fair trade. There a whole bunch of things that they wanted to accomplish. What, in fact, in your opinion, did they achieve and how realistic were those goals in the first place, so great questions.
Speaker 3: What happened was a temporary concession by the United States ninety day pause on tariffs, and at the end of that we will see if China is as good as its word. President Trump today said the Chinese agreed to open their economy to American products. This is something that Americans have wanted for centuries, actually, and it's something we thought we'd get with China's accession to the World Trade Organization in two thousand and one. But China's continued the theft of US intellectual property and increasingly we see China's trade policy is becoming more and more predatory. So we're going to see if the Treasury Secretary can negotiate a larger trade deal. So at the moment, US tariffs have been dropped and the Chinese have dropped tariffs as well, and it's sort of like a temporary truce.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and you touched.
Speaker 1: On something too, because we've had a massive trade deficit where China is concerned, and it concerns me too for our manufacturing sector because there's been a decline and all they do is really fuel the offshoring of American jobs.
Speaker 2: So my hope, and I'm not sure why do I feel a little like.
Speaker 1: Cautious going forward with this because I'm not sure I trust them. I mean, isn't it in their best interest as well? I'm talking about China. The Communist Party isn't it in their best interest to follow through on some of these things that were discussed over the.
Speaker 3: Weekend, Well, yes, it is. The reason is the Chinese economy is fundamentally unbalanced. Consumption accounts for something like thirty eight thirty nine percent of China's gross domestic product. That is low by global standards, perhaps maybe even the lowest contribution. Now, Sijan Pain is developing a wartime economy. He wants to export his way out of problems. Of fact, that's his only solution, which means he needs the US. Now, the problem is that cijmping is building up a war machine which is configured to kill Americans, and so we might have an interest in not trading with him in order to make sure he doesn't have the resources to go build those ships and train the tanks and everything else that he wants to use against us and our friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that concerns me very much because when we talk about, first of all, their economy, it isn't it's not doing well. And in fact, how does the worker's protest play into it? Because it takes a lot of hutzpot if you asked me to protest in China, right, So, how surprised was the CCP buy that, and did the protest actually persuade the party one way or another.
Speaker 2: Particularly where all of this is concerned.
Speaker 3: I imagine that the worker protests across China and also the bank protests because I think depositors are not being able to get their mon out of some of the smaller financial institutions. This must have had a factor in the decisions of the Communist Party to talk to treasure Secretary Bessant and US Trade representative Career right now. These protests, actually, these protests have been occurring even before Trump took the oath of office for a second term, but they've gotten worse because the tariffs have slammed China's exports sector, which has been particularly hard hit for our last year and a half. Maybe we're seeing that a lot of these factories don't have orders, but these tariffs have pushed some of these factories to the point of closure, and there are closures across China, and they're more and more worker protests. As you point out, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: When you think about it, I mean, yeah, we're talking about the Communist Chinese Party, but we're also talking about real people who are also being affected by it, not because of anything we've done, obviously, but because of the way their government is run.
Speaker 2: And that breaks my heart for them.
Speaker 3: It does because the biggest victims of the Communist Party, matter of fact, and most immediate victims are of course the Chinese people, but there are a lot of other victims of the Communist Party, including American workers, because through these predatory practices, through ip theft, China has robbed the future of many Americans. You drive through the Rust Belt, you drive through the South, there are a lot of towns that have been devastated by the loss of factories to China, and that means when there's a loss of hope, you see fentanyl. When you see fentanyl, there is death. China is responsible for the fentanyl gangs. And that's also a factor that President Trump is taken into account when he set the trade policy. Because twenty percent of our thirty percent terriffs are were imposed this year because of fentanyl.
Speaker 1: That's right, and one of the things and they have, but they didn't make anything. There's nothing conclusive that came out of these talks where fentanyl is concerned. They said that they're going to take that the US and China will take aggressive actions to stem the flow of fentanyl and other precursors from China to ilictit drug producers in North America. So but there's nothing substantial here just yet in terms of what actions they are going to take and with those aggressive, aggressive accent actions might actually produce yes.
Speaker 3: And let's remember this is cagym Ping who promised in twenty twenty three to President Biden to stop the flow of precursors across the Pacific. This is the Segimping in twenty eighteen that made the same essentially the same promise through President Trump. And it's the same seagem thing who made the same promise to President Obama in twenty sixteen. So we've had a lot of promises from China about fentanyl. We've only seen the fentanyl trade increase and there's only been a stop where there's been a reduction in the flow of fentanyl, not because of what the Chinese have been doing, but because President Trump closed down the southern border and he went after a candidate where there was a lot of fentanyl coming in from as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not going to hold my breath on that one, but it'll be interesting to see. I mean, we are talking about different leadership here, so that should help us and these efforts for sure. And also I just want to comment to you mentioned how we want to encourage our you know, domestic production here and strengthen our supply chains. And I suppose that when they talk about retaining that ten percent tariff during the period of pause, that that will help us. So instead of undercutting American workers, it would instead support them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's a thirty percent general tariff rate, but also we have additional tariffs on top of that road so for instance, well.
Speaker 2: Yes, thirty four pot yeah, you're right, yes, and.
Speaker 3: We have the Section two thirty two tariffs, and those uncertain goods raised that general thirty percent tariff rate to quite a high rate.
Speaker 1: You know, there's something that you mentioned on X and by the way, we're talking to Gordon Chang and you can find him on Exit's Gordon g Chang on X. But I think I saw this on AX. You said that while and Career are making soothing statements about the results of the trade talks, China's officials are issuing strident and defiant words on Chinese language media.
Speaker 2: That doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: No, this was yesterday, right after the announcement that there was going to be an announcement today, and we saw, you know, we saw our officials make conservatory statements, but Chinese officials are making very defiant ones to the Chinese. And I haven't seen anything since President Trump's conference today, but I'm sure we're going to see a whole group of a whole flew of new pronouncements from Beijing which are probably as strident as the ones twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that begs the question, why, mister Chang, why the defiant words? I mean, they have a enemy that's that's taken a fall, they have workers that have been protesting, and yet they will, they will get on Chinese language media and have this defiant conversation for the good. I mean, like the only reason they're doing this is to somehow what for their own people, for the Chinese people? What is the goal here? What's the plan? I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. For about a half decade, C. Jimping has been trying, has been saying to the Chinese people that China has already surpassed the US, that the US is in terminal decline, that China doesn't need the US except in very limited areas. So when China goes to a third party location such as Switzerland and negotiates with the US, they got to come up with some sort of explanation, and their explanation has been, well, yeah, we're not going to bow down to the Americans, which is a phrase that they often use, and they're probably going to say that they got the better of the deal, which they did in a sense, and they are going to make that case. That basically underlines Sijian Thing's authority and legitimacy, because if China can't appear to need the US, it can't appear to be getting into pressure from President Trump, which is what the Chinese in a sense did, So they've got to be defiant in their propaganda.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, in China, I mean, let's face it. I mean the truth is, nothing really has changed their goals and their mindset. I mean, they would like to dominate as much as possible. And don't forget too that we've seen over recent years how they've been forming those unholy alliances with countries like Russia and Iran.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Is that going to change just because we're entering into this agreement where tariffs are concerned.
Speaker 3: No, it's not going to change. Sijian Thing has been pushing the notion that China not only should control the world, should not only dominate the world, should not only exert hegemony over the world, but it should rule the world. He's been pushing this notion that Chinese rulers have the mandate of Heaven to rule what they call t Andcu. We're all under heaven, and if we think it's just limited to planet Earth. Since twenty seventeen, Chinese officials have been making the case in public that the Moon and Mars should be considered sovereign Chinese territory, in other words, part of the People's republic. So yeah, it's ludicrous, but we can't ignore what these guys are saying because this is not normal competition. As the Bid administration said, this is an attempt to revolutionize the world by imposing worldwide Chinese rule. And of course, we do not consider ourselves to be a colony of China, but China that they consider us to be subservient and a colony to the greater Celestial Court in Beiji.
Speaker 1: You know, I think this is just my opinion, because what do I know I'm not at on this, but it seems to me that they're like, yeah, okay, we're gonna we'll go ahead with this, We're gonna work with you, while behind the scenes they're still kind of preparing, as you say in your book, for war and also to sanction proof itself. So I think while both of these things are true, for the time being, they may appear to be working with us, and we only have like two minutes here for you to answer that, but really they're still working some other things out that fallow more in line with their agenda that you just spoke of.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, they believe that they're in an existential struggle with the United States, and for us, it's not because of anything we say or do, but because of who we are and insecure regime in Beijing is worried about the inspirational impact of America's values in form of governance on the Chinese people, which means we will never have amicable relations with China as long as the Communist Party rules it.
Speaker 1: That's all right, thank you, and I have to let you go right now. I'm still sorry. But Gordon Chang, author of the Coming Collapse of China, also check him out.
Speaker 2: Gordon G.
Speaker 1: Chang on X. Thank you mister Change for joining me today. Very important subject.
Speaker 3: Thank you well, thank you Roch.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 2: My name is Rose.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say thank you to WJAS here in Pittsburgh for allowing me to use their studios, and to Greg and Darryl here who have just done a great job getting me set up. And of course there's always Lynda, Ethan and Katie. So thanks to all of you. It's my pleasure to be sitting in for Sean today. I'll be doing it again on Friday, looking forward to that as well.
Speaker 2: And your phone calls.
Speaker 1: The phone number here is eight hundred ninety four to one Sean eight hundred ninety four one seven three two six. On the phone is Jay from Delaware. Hey Jay, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Afternoon? Doing well? A lot of things in the on the headlines today that you know, hopefully we got some good deals coming with China, and you know there's this, you know, if everybody just let the man do his work, I think we're all going to be happy with the result.
Speaker 1: We were the last time he did it, you know, yeah, right, yeah, So you know, for days.
Speaker 7: It's just incredible.
Speaker 6: I know he comes across a little bit krass.
Speaker 7: If you will, But if if the if people just let him do his work and let his cabin do his work, I think they're gonna be really satisfy. You got the prescription drugs coming down, you got a possible blockbuster deal with China that's going to steamroll into all kinds of positive things for economy, border security. I mean, this is I've never seen anything like it. I hope you know your network's uh cover positive tonight on this.
Speaker 1: Don't hold your don't hold your breath, Jay, come on, you know you just reminded me of something though, And there was something I didn't meant. I was talking about the Federalist papers early on, and one of the things I didn't mention was what was written in the papers about strong leadership and as it relates to a president. One of the things that Alexander Hamilton said in those papers is that energy in the executive is a leading character in the definition of good government. It's essential to the protection of the community against foreign attacks. But he also said this, and I think this is so telling. He said, a feeble executive feeble. Remind you of anyone four years four years? A feeble executive implies a feeble execution of the government. A feeble execution is but another phrase for bad execution. And the government ill executed. Whatever it may be in theory, must be in practice a bad government. Can anyone say the Biden administration when we say feeble? Truer words, mister Hamilton, truer words. Jay, Thanks for that reminder. I wanted to bring that up. And thanks for your call today too. I appreciate it. Alan is calling from North Carolina. Hey, Alan, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Rose good?
Speaker 5: Can you can you hear me?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 8: You're doing a great job. I just wanted to bring up the point that here lately, with all of Trump's deportations, they're wanting to cry out that these people are have the right to do process. And I think Obama was called the deporter in chief, and I'm not sure of the number, but Bill Clinton also deported millions of people.
Speaker 5: And did they.
Speaker 8: Either of those presidents, did they have due process for any of the or hearings for any of the people that they deported.
Speaker 1: Well, you bring up a good point because I saw your name up there and description of what you wanted to talk about. I did a quick search and in one year alone, twenty thirteen, that's all the further I had time for. They're under Obama. There were four hundred and thirty eight, four hundred and twenty one Depoor did so. Yeah, I mean, you're absolutely right, no one. I mean I think that he did actually get some criticism at the time, not from anyone on the right, but I think there were some that were concerned about that. But no, he absolutely was doing that without the same criticisms that we're getting or we hear, well, they're always going to find something wrong with Donald Trump. It's never going to end. And you know, the thing that blows my mind, Alan is that we see such great success when when we see what Doge is uncovered that alone, and taking that back to what I said in my monologue about overreach of the government and just you would think people would say, bravo, bravo Donald Trump. I hate you, but bravo, that was great because it's their money that's being misspent. And you know, I have actually an interview that's up on my rumble page under Rose Unplugged that I did with a woman who gave us some examples of the us AID misspending. It was atrocious. It's absolutely atrocious. You might want to check that out. But anyway, Alan, thank you for the call. You're absolutely right about all of that. Don't hold your breath, though. I don't think anyone's going to tell me did a good job, even though they may secretly think they are happy about some of the results of the good work that he's done. John calling from Mississippi. Hey, John, Hello, Rose, Hello, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm fine. I don't know.
Speaker 9: But you said someone to kind of pop you up and a news was too true, but you said it.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: The way you said it really really made a difference for me, and that was that what makes the United States great and unique was that these guys two hundred years ago sat down and said, you know, the government doesn't own us. That was a breakthrough in thinking, because up until that point throughout human history, the government owned the people, or at least that's what they wanted them to believe. But these guys had the moxie to say, no, that isn't true, and we're going to put our lives on the line for that. And I mean I've heard all that before, but it's never occurred to me quite so clearly that that is what other nations hate about us, and it's what makes us great, thank.
Speaker 2: You, John.
Speaker 1: And it's what scares them too, the leaders of other nations, particularly when you talk about communists or socialist nations, that scares them because the power in the hands of the people man, that is that is something to be reckoned with. And they know that. But so do the progressives too. They don't want that. And the thing that I love about our founding fathers is they believe because they came, John, from a country, from a land that dictated to them who they could be, what they could do, how they needed to worship. But see these men, because I believe of their faith, because of their faith definitely that they understood that there was greatness in every one of us, greatness because that is how God made us. And the only thing that would unleash them greatness would be freedom. And that's what everybody's afraid of, and they shouldn't be, because when you allow that freedom, and you allow that greatness, and you allow us to work out that American dream, that is powerful, that is success and and tyrants all throughout history, as you just mentioned, have wanted to squelch that. They wanted to hold that back because then they would not have the control that they've had. Our funding fathers believed that God was the author of our freedom, not man, because if it were man, John, then man can take it away. And they so much believed in this experiment, this America, and they were they were It was perfect. I mean it really was in so many ways. Did it have some flaws, yes, But I mean there is no other government. Do you know anyone else that has a constitution like ours? And you know why they don't, John, because then it would be handing the power to the people, and like you said, they can't have it.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 1: God bless our founders. I just pray that there are enough of us that continue to preserve this republic and understand because John, nobody is teaching our children this.
Speaker 2: No one. I learned it, but they're not learning it. Thank you, You're welcome. Sorry I went off on tangent, but thank you for your call. Tom.
Speaker 1: You're calling from Texas. You want to talk about China?
Speaker 5: Yes, maam, thanks for taking my call. Rose. I wanted to say that you know this ninety. First of all, I really love what Trump is doing with these tariffs. I love, you know, everything in general that he's doing with it. But the ninety day pause with China is totally lopsided in China's favor because there's got to be a million containers cargo ships sitting on containers waiting me checked into port that have been avoiding the tariffs for who knows how long, and as soon as we reset this ninety pause or sup sinety pause, it's all going to get checked in. They're going to avoid the teriffs. Meanwhile, we probably have nothing on the water waiting to be checked into China, and there's not enough time to manufacture something schedule shipping, get it over to China unloaded in ninety days. So it's totally totally imbalanced in China's favor for this, for this ninety day pause. And if Ji Jinping honors his word, then everything's fine. We can give him this pass. But if he doesn't, Trump has to be punitive and hurt him even more than you, and he already has the ability to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you make a really good point. I do trust Trump to know what to do next. I do I didn't see any other president doing as much as he did where this is concerned before him. But I do have to believe that he's aware because he's a pretty smart guy and he's a pretty strategic guy. So I'm with you, though there's a part of me that just doesn't trust China and if what Gordon Chang is true, and I have every reason to believe that it is, that they're already telling their people a different story, which doesn't surprise me at all of China's concerned.
Speaker 2: But Tom, thank you for your call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yes, man, thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll be getting to more of your phone calls coming up. It's eight hundred ninety four one Sean, that's eight hundred nine four one seven three two six. You know, we were talking about Trump, and you know, he just he amazes me. Well, you know how he wants to call it. It's now the Golf of America. Did you know that Mexico is suing the technology company Google for adopting United States labeling of the Golf of Mexico Because if you do a search, it does come up as Golf of America. So now Mexico's suing Google. Trump, it just cracks me up. He really does. I mean, there's no end to just me just saying Wow, didn't see that one coming. Wow, that was that was pretty good. He's amazing. So anyway, this is a Sean Handedy show.
Speaker 2: My name is Rose.
Speaker 1: Please follow me on social media. It's roseannplugged dot com or my ministry, which, by the way, I'm told by the women that are working in the ministry that she is called by Him. Dot Com has already started getting prayer requests, so you can do that. You can leave that with a team of women who are praying for you. Rose unplugged and she is called by Him. We'll be back with more of the Sean Hannity Show after this.
Speaker 10: Are you sick of fake news, Well we've got you covered.
Speaker 9: Hannedy watches here and has.
Speaker 4: The news you need.
Speaker 1: Sean Hannity, Welcome back to the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 4: My name is Rose.
Speaker 1: I'll be with you for another hour yet, so you know, I hope that's okay with you, but if it isn't, too bad, I'm here. And I wanted to bring Linda in because first of all, I thought Linda was Italian by marriage, but now she tells me. She had this like Italian what I ant or grandmother or what?
Speaker 4: She was my grandma Evelyn Jana.
Speaker 2: She was your Nona, she was, but.
Speaker 10: We called her grandma. Yes, I had a mama, had a grandma. She was my grandma.
Speaker 4: But she you know, she.
Speaker 10: Loved me, but she kicked the crap out everybody else. She didn't take any prisoners. I think she was afraid of you. That's why she didn't. She definitely was not afraid of meid Man, she told me everything, I know, as far as that goes.
Speaker 4: I mean, she was man.
Speaker 2: I can see the Italian in you. I really can't.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, Linda, I watched on Netflix just last night that movie called Nona's Oh my God.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: It is based on a true story, right, and it's that it is this Maria, this restaurant that's in Stanton Island or on Stanton Island. But they had all nonahs cooking for them. So it's based on this true story. But Lynn, I was watching and crying, So I don't know, can you really say that you loved something if you cried through the whole thing?
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, you know, I lived through four years of Joe Biden I love America, but I cried every day.
Speaker 4: So I love America, but I cried. I got through it. It was fine. You know, it was painful to watch.
Speaker 10: That was painful, but you know, Nona's looks amazing. Obviously, Staten Island. My husband's from Stanton Island. I lived on Staten Island in Sunnyside and my we still have family in Staten Island. And he literally said to me the other day, he was like, oh, we got to watch this movie, and I said, what is it?
Speaker 4: He goes, It's a.
Speaker 10: Lot of town on Netflix, and Vince One's in it. We love Vince One. I saw Susan Sarandon's in it.
Speaker 4: I hate her. She's a liberal lunatic, so she can take it, you know. And then where the Sun Don't Shine.
Speaker 2: But I love it. She was fabulous.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 4: They love Loreene Brocco.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's a doll.
Speaker 1: But you know, if they were talking about it made me think of Sunday dinners with my grandmother. And it was just such a production because you know, we didn't just have like meat and potatoes and maybe a v no no no where she's all the pizza, then the pots that all homemade then there was chicken katcha torri. Then there were the cheese is always wine, lots of cookies, the nots, the pizzales. And I just cried because I missed those days, Linda, I missed those days.
Speaker 2: I really do. Did you know those things?
Speaker 5: We?
Speaker 10: You know, true true Italians make big Sunday dinners. You know, like Lauren who you know who married my brother. Her family still does Sunday dinners and we try to do it with our family. I think the difference between the families of Yester and the families of today is we just don't make that time for family. That's the biggest problem, right which a lot of times we live in different places, different states, you know, what have you, and it's very very difficult. I personally feel like, you know, like with our kids, you know, when we're at the table, we're having dinner, whatever it is, there's no phones, the TV's are off. We'll play music, but that's about it. But we're you know, we're definitely engaged in the dinner, in hearing about each other's days. That's what's missing in today's families. They just don't have that. And that's why you're right, this crap happens with their kids. They're like, oh, I had no idea this was going on. I'm like, yeah, because you were asleep at the switch. You were watching what was going on on X or Instagram or the parents are as bad as the kids, you know it really are to get off the devices and back into reality. It's very interesting when you're engaged. Get off your devices.
Speaker 2: I love that. But there, I don't know how much time we have, bet real quick.
Speaker 1: There was a story about butter that Anthony and you've disagreed on, and I actually, did.
Speaker 2: You remember do you keep does Anthony like his butter on the counter or in the refrigera.
Speaker 10: They like their butter and the refrigerator, And I keep my butter on the counter where it belongs because nobody old butter.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I just thought of that right now. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I like, we want to hear what you think.
Speaker 10: So you got to call in eight hundred nine four seawan, that's eight hundred and ninety four one seven three two six.
Speaker 4: Let us know where what you think?
Speaker 2: Where do you keep your butter?
Speaker 4: You keep it on the counter, keep it in the fridge, inquiring mine pass it?
Speaker 1: And that butter can stay on the counter for ages. Seriously, that's in my house anyway.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. When you need to reach your kids instantly, turn to one of our news sponsors. You'll love the technology of rapid radios dot com. They are walkie talkies with industrial strength that are on a nationwide network and for a limited time go to rapid radios dot com. You'll get up to sixty percent off free ups shipping. Rapid Radios can keep you connected with your family with the touch of a button. You simply pull them out of a box. You press a button, you start talking to your kids anywhere anytime. That's one touch connection. Rapid Radios has nationwide LTE coverage, no subscription that you'll ever pay, no monthly fee. Ever, it's one hundred percent private. It's ready to go right out of the box. Just go to rapid radios dot com and get in on what everyone is using and talking about. You'll love the technology. For a limited time, just go to rapid radios dot com. You'll get sixty percent off. You get free ups shipping from Michigan. You had the promo code Radio twenty five. You get an extra twenty five bucks off and a free EMP protection back