Speaker 1: What's that ad Spooky and Judy, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I said, nandas pease. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. Hi DearS. You know, I've listened to some of the comments, and I think that this year I'm going to incorporate a little bit more expert types, you know, people that study this stuff, people that might live in a haunted house, but they're not like a Hollywood person, you know. I'm trying to like get more of that in here. Still mainly comedians, and I want this to be a comedy podcast, and sometimes those are not the easiest to make funny. But you know, a little bit here and there. I'm booking up. I'm booking up this year looking at the calendar, and we're going to have a couple more people coming up that have their own paranormal tea to spill and today is one of our favorite people because she's a Hollywood person, but she's also real into the stuff and she knows her stuff. She goes out there and studies it, she's got the equipment, and that, of course is Bridget Marquart from you know, famously the Girl's next Door, the iconic playboy reality show.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And now she has the podcast with Holly from Girls next Door and that show is such a big hit. And she also has a ghost podcast and we've collabed before and she's back again. But before we get to that, let me read you a story from a listener. This one comes from Danny, who writes A ghost followed me home. Small backstory. My family has always believed in the existence of ghosts. My brother has always had some experiences with seeing them ever since he can remember. So one night, just like any other night, I had gone over to my best friend's house to play some video games. This was back in the early two thousands. His girlfriend was over and was talking to us about wanting to move out of her parents' house and in with my best friend, who still lived with his parents. His parents were thrilled that he had a girlfriend, so they agreed to let her move in.
Speaker 2: That night.
Speaker 1: She told us that her parents would be working all night and would not be home. This must have been around eleven at night or so. We drove to her parents' house, which was a huge, two story home. I first thought, why would anyone want to move from such a huge house, but she had her reason. As we all first walked in, my best friend and I noticed that none of the lights in the house worked, and the only light that seemed to work was a small desk lamp that came from her second story room. Obviously, back then, cell phones didn't have a flashlight, but we had the razor flip phone that was all the rage back then that we used to help us see I used to have a razorflip phone. Hell yeah. The entire time I was there, I couldn't help but have this weird feeling that I couldn't explain. I started to pack some of her books and small stuff while my best friend and his girlfriend would gather her clothes. Suddenly, she stops and says, I have to go pick up my little brother and drop him off at my parents' work. You guys stay here and finish, and I'll be back soon. As soon as she left, me and my best friend looked at each other and thought we shouldn't be here. As we were walking out her door, I felt something next to my left side and it sounded like someone whis spring in my ear. I freaked out and ran down the stairs faster than I could even think. We waited for his girlfriend in my friend's truck until she came back from picking her little brother up. After she came back, she was wondering why we were waiting outside, so I made up a little white lie, saying that we were worried her parents might come home early and catch two guys in their home. Actually, that's genius. We must have finished with moving all of her things at about one in the morning, which wasn't long. As I walked into my room, thinking I would fall asleep fast. I felt so tired. I couldn't help but have that feeling that someone was watching me. It must have been around three in the morning when my eyes were finally starting to close and I hear my brother wake up. As soon as my brother heads to the bathroom, he opens my door and I hear him say, oh shit. Somehow I managed to fall asleep despite me hearing him say that. Sometime in the morning, my brother wakes me up and demands to know where I was the night before. I didn't tell anyone that I was going to help my best friend move his girlfriend to his house, and I told my brother I was just at my friend's house playing video games. My brother goes, don't lie, because wherever you went, you brought something back with you. He described that there was an obese lady sitting at the feet of my bed looking at me. I finally tell him I helped my friend move and he scolded me for bringing that home with me. I did a little research online and found out that certain spirits or entities cannot leave a place or residence without an outsider coming in. Every night, for an entire week, I had that horrible feeling of someone watching me, and I could not sleep. My aunt stopped by my house at the end of the week and heard about what I was going through. She walked through my house and I guess that the entity attached itself to her. Never have I ever felt such a horrible feeling that when I first walked through that house, who was that lady? She was just staring at you every single night. She needs to get a hobby. Even ghosts need hobbies, and staring at a teenager or a young person when they're sleeping is not a hobby. Ma'am, Thank you so much. Danny for sharing that. Okay, let's talk to the one and only iconic playboy Bunny Bridget Marquart and with the show Oh my god, you're never gonna believe who I just conjured. She's back and it's been probably five years or more since we last sat down to talk about ghosts.
Speaker 2: That's insane. It is pretty Hey, everybody, are you I'm good and I want you to know too. I get so many requests people all the time, all the time saying that you and I need to collaborate together, Oh, like go on each other's podcast or in any way, like yeah, and we have, and I say, oh, I've done. We've done each other's podcast before, Like I mean, because I know a lot of people in the ghost industry and stuff like that, but no more name comes up than yours.
Speaker 1: I'm honored. It's because we both like have pretty lashes and we like ghosts well. And also maybe people don't realize that, like I've been on your podcast and stuff because I go by Roz Hernandez now and it was Rob's dressful last that's true. So I've been like six different genders since the last time we did this together. But I found one that has stuck okay, and here we are, so hopefully we'll do more. Yeah, we need to go ghost hunting.
Speaker 2: That would be fun.
Speaker 1: Have you been ghost hunting? I feel like you're you're you got all the tools and the toys.
Speaker 2: I do have a lot of tools. I mean not like so many. I don't have. Some people have cases after cases. I have like a cute little ghost bag that's like stuffed to the brim and yeah, a couple of things that are on the side. But like I have like the Boo Bear or Boo Body they call him.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's like like a motion like a little bild of Bear workshop looking thing, and you like touch it and it's.
Speaker 2: Like oh us, yes, only you don't touch it like you said it up there no something touches it. It will say, oh that tickles, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, can you make it say different things like can you record?
Speaker 2: I mean you'd have to talk to Sean Porter about that ghost shop, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because I want one that's like me, like a me doll, and then like if you touch it, it's.
Speaker 2: Like I love that idea. See I hatched on on my podcast and we were talking about different equipment and everything, and I told him, I really want one that's a bunny. Oh, totally, the custom bunny one. And he just sort of looked at me like, I think we have to make up ourselves.
Speaker 1: You know who would know how to do it is our mutual friend Alex Lamey.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that too. She would be able to help us with.
Speaker 1: Alex Lamy knows how to make anything and cute, cool shit, very cool stuff people need. If you if you're into that kind of like ghost hunting equipment and stuff, you got to check out Alex, who you also know because she's been on this pod.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you not use equipment?
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, I do. I'm just like, yeah, I do. I think I feel like so much of it is just different versions of if you touch this thing, something happens. Yes, and so I have like a lot of that. Yeah. I kind of have looked at the stuff that I have and I'm like, oh, it's a lot of like that thing lights up, this thing makes a noise. Yeah, So I think it's fun to have like set up. But I live for like a knocking. Oh, so yeah, I need like a knocking. Like I try to be really like I want the stereotypical ghost stuff. You know, I'm not like a tech person as it is. Yeah, and so I'm like, I want to see a ghost, I want to hear a ghost, I want to smell a ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm the same because I have a several different piece of equipment, but I don't feel like I fully understand how how they work. And so I've had sean on explaining like each piece of equipment and how they developed it and why they developed it and why they think it works and how somebody might debunk it and that kind of thing. But I when I go, anybody who'd like talks to me about Oh so you go investigating. I mean, I guess, yeah, technically I do. But what I really like going to hunt a locations for is the history and the experience. Like I'm trying to get an experience from it totally, and the equipment sometimes helps you have that experience because if nothing else, if you're not like if you're not getting it from somewhere else, like if something's lighting up or like reacting or whatever, that gives you like something. But I'm with you, like I'd rather like smell something, feel something, hear something that's real in the room with me.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, when's like the last time you went on a ghost hunting outing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I try and fit it in whenever I can. So I was just in New York for Christmas and I took my mom for oh and I had a billboard in Times Square.
Speaker 1: Stop for our other podcast. Your podcast is a huge hat. It's been great.
Speaker 2: It's been amazing and so much fun to like go back and reminisce, and it like gives Holly and I so much time to spend together now, like not that we haven't been friends this whole time, but now we see each other like all the time. But anyway, we went to New York and we took a picture with our billboard and stuff. But I was going to be there on Friday the thirteenth, December thirteenth, and I did a whole podcast with Dan Sturgis about the Merchant House Museum that's there.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is this place? Because I've heard about this.
Speaker 2: It's supposedly the most haunted house in New York City. Okay, And it's like an actual old home from like I forget eighteen eighteen something. I'm not going to have the exact date right, And it's like right outside of Washington Square Park. So it's like you know, right there in the thick of everything, and everything in it is original to the original owners. One family lived there the whole time. There's been like nine deaths in the house. Mostly the family members or all the family members are staff that worked there, and when the last person died, they they left the house to like a distant family member who just immediately kind of said, I'm not going to touch anything, just turn it into a museum. And even the sheets on the bed are the sheets from the family that live there. The clothes in the closet belong to the family, the dishes, everything like it's intact. It's crazy. But they he has some amazing I have trouble hearing, like EVPs, Like when people play them for me, I'm like, you want me to tell you what I heard? I'm not good at that, But like when somebody says it, then I'm like okay, But then I'm like, oh, is it power suggestion? Like it's because you told me what it was, right? But these he has some on this iPad that are so clear and so perfectly answer what they were asking. It's incredible. So I long story short, I try to fit a ghost thing in no matter what I'm doing, like I should go in there. Oh yeah, we met up with Dan and I had I had other people meet us there too, like Joe Piretti. Do you know Joe. No, he's a he's a medium and he's been on my podcast before, and so I had him meet us there as well, and he was telling us on things he was picking up on while we were in the house, and it was it was incredible.
Speaker 1: One thing that I always talk about on this podcast is how I never get New York City ghost stories. Oh, like I have somebody guests on from New York City whatever, they never tell me stories from the actual city.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: So then I get people writing to me like, well, there's the merchant House. Yeah, maybe all the ghosts are there.
Speaker 2: Well no, not just there. So that whole area, that Washington Square Park is super haunted. So if you want to go to New York and get like a haunted experience, that's the area you need to go to because the Merchant's House is there, and all of this is like within blocks of each other. Washington Square Park that was a poppers field at.
Speaker 1: One time, So there's poppers Field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they would bury, people who like didn't have money or were like, ok, you know, not whatever, like for a million different reasons, but weren't in the proper cemeteries.
Speaker 1: Like pa U p E r s.
Speaker 2: We'd have to look up how they spell it. But I think it's like that Potters like pott Potters.
Speaker 1: Yeah you said poppers field. Oh sorry, well, Potter is an inhalance that many people use. Well, they might be there too, so I wasn't sure of it with a field where everyone's doing poppers. Sorry, Okay, So it was a Potter's Potters cemetery, yes.
Speaker 2: And they have a hanging tree there where supposedly they used to hang people and people see and hear things in there. And then the shirtwaist factory fire do you know about that from the early nineteen hundreds, were like one hundred women, mostly women, died when it caught on fire because they had they had blocked all of the fire escapes because they wanted to like make sure they stayed in and were working. And they had like all this cloth that was in a huge pile and somebody threw a lit cigarette in it and it caught on fire, and then all these people died, and there was like like twenty people that ran out onto one like fire escape, but the stairs were locked so they couldn't get down and there was so much weight on it it collapsed.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, how come I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot. There's a lot, and the murder house is right there. I think that's what they call it. The murder house. It has like there was ghost stories before. A really horrible story happened in the same place, but somebody saw Samuel O. Clemens there, Mark Twain, Like, have you noticed that Mark Twain is like everywhere I don't care about city New York City, Like, yeah, Mark Twain, honks.
Speaker 1: Marilyn monro Elvis. Yes, okay, Mark Twain's one of those.
Speaker 2: Mark Twain is one of them. But anyway, that's a really old ghost story and supposedly he did live there for a small time frame. But then like a more recent story happened there, like a death that was like attributed to like child abuse and that kind of thing, and so that's also taking place there. So there's a few things that have happened in this one house.
Speaker 1: So okay, that whole area. I'm there often, so I'm going to go there yes, next time. Yes, have you seen that Netflix? The lady that got objected by an alien in Manhattan's Yes, I'm obsessed. What do you think?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know about anything.
Speaker 2: I'm like, maybe, okay, I think the whole thing got a little crazy. But I do kind of believe the very first thing happened, the first abduction, like her floating, because there's so many witnesses. There were like thirty witnesses or something like that. Twenty five wait, I forget how many, but there was a bunch people saw her floating, and there was like a weird blackout that night. People saw weird things in the sky that night. So I kind of believe that that happened. But then I kind of believe that they got a lot of like fame and attention.
Speaker 1: And that always where things get a little funky. Yeah, and then it's like it happened to me again, and it's like, Okay, now I don't know about that the one time maybe, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: And I do kind of believe that she was visited by and I'm putting this in quote like men in Black or like FBI. Yeah, I definitely believe that part of it, because didn't they even kind of come out or they found like kind of proof that two FBI agents did visit her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe, so I believe that was in there. So I think this New York City, like what if it was like a funky pigeon that somebody saw fly in or like like they thought like it was the Macy's Day Parade and they were practicing late at night with a float like way too high balloon.
Speaker 2: I mean, who knows it kind of who knows?
Speaker 1: It could be a lot of things.
Speaker 2: It could be. We have to think back. I mean, I know they were still doing the flo back or the balloons back then, but this was a long time ago before like drones and like you know things like that where there's like weird flying stuff in the sky.
Speaker 1: Because now at this point, it's like I feel like, especially the past few months, if someone's like, oh I saw UFO, it's like did you? I don't even know there were so many things up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what's going on in New Jersey. There's like all these drones, right, they're calling them drones, but I don't think they mean like drones as in there's a group of people flying all these drones off. I think they mean, like there's some unidentified like drone like things.
Speaker 1: There's something up there. I don't know what's the deal with you? Was it the Rhine Institute? Is that the one that you were studying at? Yeah? Are you still studying with them?
Speaker 2: I'm currently taking classes, but I was recently.
Speaker 1: So wait what kind of classes?
Speaker 2: They do? All kinds of things. It's all parapsychology, so they have all different kinds of classes that you can take.
Speaker 1: What have you been doing?
Speaker 2: Just I got the general stuff, so I got my certificate, and like, I know, I'm a nerd. I love collecting like degrees and that's amazing, but I love learning about it too, and I like hearing other people's perspectives and I like, I like, I feel like I should take another class too, because it really grounds you, like it helps you realize sometimes the way I very I talk very much where I'm like, oh, it was the amazing, it was the best. It was the scariest, it was the coolest. It was like evidence, it was proof. It was you know, like kind of it's superlative sort of and it reminds me to like kind of wheel that back a little bit and like be a little bit more grounded and the way I talk about it and everything. But I just get all excited and like I have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for it.
Speaker 1: But fun, it's supposed to be fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but I also want to be correct with it. I know, No, I do show and Professor Auerbach who does most of the classes there. Have you met Lloyd No, he's a.
Speaker 1: I don't get out much.
Speaker 2: Well, he teaches a lot of the classes there, and he's really really good and he just knows his stuff so well.
Speaker 1: And this is like essentially Hogwarts, right, I mean it's.
Speaker 2: All online online Yeah, yeah, kind of okay, but there are real Hogwarts type schools you know that, right, There's like one in London.
Speaker 1: Well, I know there's the one right up, the one at one you could see the castle Hogwarts. Well it's the one at Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, No, this is like Finley College. It's like for all like mediumship and it looks like a castle like Hogwarts. Like it's so cool, Halleen. I want to go there and take a class so bad.
Speaker 1: Have you taken classes like that like to develop your mediums?
Speaker 2: No? But they do it at the Rhine.
Speaker 1: Well, I take that back.
Speaker 2: I did take one class that showed us how to do some things. You get like a piece of square clay, like just at Michael's or whatever, and you stick like a a sewing needle in it, and then you take a piece of paper and you fold it so that it kind of makes like a little tent or umbrella type thing, and you set it on top there so it's just dangling in like the center right there, right. And then suppuzsedly you're supposed to get like one of those glass or just a glass jar over the top of it, or like one of those glass like little terrarium things or whatever, you know, sure, and then you're supposed to stare at it and like will it to move? Did you do it? I couldn't get it to move. Try. I try to do my door all the time, Like if I want my door closed or my door opened, I always stare at my door and be like, oh I do too.
Speaker 1: I'm so lazy. If I'm on the couch for like the night, I'm not getting up for anything, and I'm always like could I get another Lacroix, And I'm like squeezing my eyes.
Speaker 2: Yes, I try and do that with my door, like shut shut, shut the door, shut the door. I just want to go like this with my hand, shut the door and it shuts.
Speaker 1: It should like were there people in the class that could do it? Did you see it wiggling?
Speaker 2: Like I said, You're not in the class with other people all, so everybody like has to do this on their own time. I will say too that he was talking about table tipping and doing table tipping classes. Oh and also spoon bending. Okay, I tried spoon bending. I went to like the dollar store and bought a bunch of spoons. I cannot bend the spoon either, but I will say I had a successful table tipping session.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me about table tipping. We did this on Living for the Dad and did it work. Yes, I'm trying to remember exactly when in the situation, but we did do it. I don't think it ended up making it on the show, but we were trying. I had never done it before.
Speaker 2: I hadn't either, or well, I've never had done it successfully. I might have like joked around about it or whatever. But this time I was invited to Canada to Winnipeg to be a paranorm infustgator. And that's funny going crossing the border and they're like, what bre did you hear it? I'm like ghost hunting. I had to talk to like three different people to get in the country.
Speaker 1: Go talk to them. Did you have your little boo with you?
Speaker 2: I had my whole bag of stuff. That's why I wanted to be upfront with what I was there for, because if they wanted to, like look at my bag, right, I find that Canada is really strict over there, like they've gone through my whole bag before, they pull out every little business card.
Speaker 1: What's this? It's because they don't want Americas just going over there. They know better.
Speaker 2: But I went there too. They were friends of mine and they literally wanted me to just like go gos hunting with them and they were going to film it as part of the movie. But nothing was like staged or rigged or anything. They just wanted it to be like legitimate however it goes. So we went to a few different locations and one of the spots that we went to this gorgeous hotel in Winnipeg, the Fort Gary Hotel.
Speaker 1: Fort Gary, Yes, cute one of.
Speaker 2: The rooms is known to be haunted, and so we went up there and a couple of things actually happened in that room. They had a medium in there, and I had the SOLS camera out put it on the bed, and I saw a stick figure laying on the bed, and the medium is across the room on the other side of the bed where the stick figure is laying. And I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 1: I just let the.
Speaker 2: Producers know, like what was my on my camera? You know, there's this shows that there's something laying on the bed and there's nobody on the bed. And then all of a sudden, the medium goes I feel your sadness. We're here with you. We just want to make it better, and then she starts petting the arm of the stick figure that's laying on the bed. But she has no idea I'm seeing a stick figure laying there. So I just feel like cool validation. In my opinion, that's like proof, that's our evidence. I should say.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of people that listen to this that don't know like ghost hunting stuff, So like I always try to explain, like so the SOLS camera that's isn't there like a video game thing that's similar.
Speaker 2: So it uses Xbox technology to like map things out. So like when you play we and you're throwing the ball making a basket or whatever, or you're playing some of these video games, they map you so it can show your movement so it knows whether you're making the basket or not.
Speaker 1: It knows. Yeah, you see like a stick figure of your limbs and head.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it uses that technology and then it transfers it onto an iPad that you're watching, and it's pretty cool. I mean it does people kind of bag on it because it does It could map this camera and the sticks that it's on as like a person. But you just have to know like, oh, well that is a camera and a tripod, not a person, and you know that that's a false thing. But like if it just is out in the hall and there's nobody out there and then all of a sudden there's a stick figure in the middle of the hall, like that's that's different.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done with like like Instagram filters where how they also kind of map your face, you know, like I've done it with like the dog filters. Oh yeah, it'll give you like little easy yeah, yeah, you have done those, and then you just like do it, hold it up until it captures a face. That's like the poor person's version.
Speaker 2: No, I've never done that.
Speaker 1: That's how I do it, and I like walk around through haunted places and then all of a sudden like ooh, there's like a face, and then you like hold it and then sometimes it works. Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 2: No, I don't find I've never ever even thought about doing that. Well anyway, in this room, then this other lady came. She's a paranormal investigator, and she brings a card table and it's just a plain, basic card table, nothing special about it. We put two emf meters in the middle of it, and then like six of us put just like two fingers on the top of the table, and it started like at first I started feeling like almost like little taps on the table. So like we checked it out. There's like nothing rigged on this table. It's just a lightweight card table. And then it felt like there was like a vibration sort of coming from the table. And then all of a sudden you could feel it kind of like I don't know, boum seen a little bit, not like bouncing up and down the air, but just sort of like jiggling a little bit back and forth, not even visually sort of, but you just sort of could feel that underneath your fingers. And then it started to like go move and to the point where it literally moved like feet towards one person who jumped up and was like, oh, right, right, right, or right and write that's enough.
Speaker 1: And were you saying, like to the ghosts, like can you move this tea?
Speaker 2: Yes? And as we were doing it, both of the EMF meters were lining up in the middle while it was moving.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like like a Weiji board almost right, like a big ass Weiji board. Plan chat, I mean, yes.
Speaker 2: And no, it's not answering any questions for you or anything. But then you also have to wonder, is it like all the mental energy that you're putting into it, are we moving it right? Not physically. We're not physically moving it. You can tell when you watch the video, like we only have like fingers on it, so nobody is physically moving it. But are we somehow moving it with our energy? And that's the other thing we talk about. The rhine is like telepathy and how much you can do with your mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like, was that you doing telekinesis right?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And instead of moving the little paper on the needle, it's like another way to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And there's I mean, there's no way of knowing whether we did it or something else did it, except I will say the two K two meters were lighting up. And I can set the K two meter right on my forehead and it doesn't light up, but it was lighting up in the table. So something was affecting the magnetic field as well.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I'm going to call it a ghost. This is my gavel. So it's been I guess five or six years since I've talked to you. That was a good ghost story. I'm wondering just how many we can get out of you since the last time you were here? Are there? Have you had any locally like here in Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Queen Mary. I love going to the Queen Mary.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, iconic. Do you go there?
Speaker 2: Very often?
Speaker 1: Not enough?
Speaker 2: I need to, I know, I want like just a designated room there, that's the Bridget room there.
Speaker 1: Shity has stuff happened to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I've only been there twice and I was like twice no, I know, I need to go, and it was h It was like, oh, this is fun, but like the ghosts were not into me. But I do need to do like a proper two days there. I'm on the ship.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what we need to do. It's so amazing there. I love it. I always have something happened there. It might be small nothing, not always huge significant things, but sometimes pretty cool stuff. So, you know, they had to shut down during COVID and they kind of struggled to open back up. I feel like a little bit. It took a while, and when they finally did well, actually before they did, I went there and did my podcast with them, my old podcast with them, and I really wanted to spend the night and they told me, no, the ship's not open yet, and I'm like, but that's what I love about it, Like I want to stay here like by myself before it opens back up. And they were like, no, they're just being really weird about it and not letting me. And then I went there and I did my podcast with the general manager and then also with like the guy who leads some of the ghost tours there and stuff, and then I was talking to the PR girl, and I was like, I really wish you guys would have let me spend the night because it would be so amazing. I really wanted to stay here before open. And I really told her, like why I wanted to stay there before I open, you know, because I feel like it's a totally different energy than staying there any other time, and this is the last time anybody probably ever had that opportunity to do that. And she was like, oh, well, we didn't want to do that because none of the restaurants are open, and none the amenities are here. We don't have house keeps even better, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: And she was like, oh, I didn't realize. We just wanted to make sure like we had everything if you were staying here. And I'm like, I don't want any of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't care about that.
Speaker 2: And so she was like, you can, you can spend the night. So Holly and I and our friend Stacy stayed there. Holly left early and my friend Stacy and I stayed overnight like on the ship, and there was nobody there was there was a couple of people, there was a the lady head of housekeeping, and she's so cool. And she said, text me when you guys are ready, I have a key to everything on the ship. Nothing's off limits anywhere you guys want to go.
Speaker 1: She took us.
Speaker 2: No, but she took us in every nook and cranny of that ship. Everywhere we went, everywhere. It was so amazing. And then there was secure. There's security that wanders the ship all night long because they got I don't know if you know this, but they got looted during like COVID people came and stole stuff right off the ship and there was like cursed. Nothing they could do about it.
Speaker 1: The ghost on there cursed. I'm sure, I hope. So that is so cool.
Speaker 2: Those amazing.
Speaker 1: So did you notice a big difference when there was nobody there?
Speaker 2: It's just such a cool vibe. And I wouldn't say anything crazy happened or anything, but there was definitely just a different vibe to it.
Speaker 1: And I loved.
Speaker 2: I loved every bit of having that experience.
Speaker 1: Now, how is Holly about this stuff compared to you? Like, is she into the hunting and all of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she loves the history more so, huh it used to be she's she's had a like a change since I've known her. Like when we were at the mansion, she didn't really believe and wasn't really so into it, but then when she got pregnant, she started experiencing some things. And then now she's like super into all of that.
Speaker 1: Didn't she live in a haunted house?
Speaker 2: That was that she does right now? Oh?
Speaker 1: She does? Okay? In Los Angeles. Yeah, and we.
Speaker 2: Record, well, we used to do our whole podcast from there. Now we have a little studio, but we were recording in there and sometimes things would happen while we were recording. All a sudden we'd hear like something fall to the ground in another room but nothing fell spooky, or we'd hear like a slam and we're like, what was that and nothing?
Speaker 1: Who's it haunted by? Do you know?
Speaker 2: We are not sure, but we think it is the original owner that was there. This guy, I forget what all his history is, but yeah, just some dude put in.
Speaker 1: A good word for me. I want her on this podcast. Oh okay, I want to hear about her haunted house. Okay, I love that's Like my favorite is talking to people that like live in a haunted house because there's so much so many things that happen all the time. Yeah, and it could just be like a little thing, but I'm like, I want to hear about it. Yeah, if you're having like a door open, that's I want to hear about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has some nothing I mean, I mean, I shouldn't say nothing crazy because there's things that people probably would think are crazy. But she has some like good like kind of just like chilling stories. We're like just like a whisper and and like a door slamming and like that kind of thing, and you like love it.
Speaker 1: Huh. Yeah, because I'm scared you are. Yeah, I'm scared. I'm very scared by this stuff, Like I want proof. Yeah, but I'm very skeptical of all of it. I kind of don't believe in a lot of it. But I also am like that don't scare me. Yeah, So I'm like, I'm I'm like here for the ghosts to like to scare me basically, but like when it comes to staying the night, no, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm not scared of it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean like if something happens that it doesn't like shock me and startle me at the moment, but then I'm like, do it again. I want to.
Speaker 1: Have you how many times when you sleep at a place, has stuff happened when you're sleeping, Like have you felt somebody touch you? Or like have you woken up and seen a ghost?
Speaker 2: I have not woken up and seen a ghost, but there's been a few times that I have been awaken in the middle of the night and I have like a definite feeling of like nervousness and kind of I wouldn't say scared, but definitely feel like something's in the room with us. And when you're awoken like that to it, it's a little bit scarier than when you're like in the situation and you're like I want something to happen. I feel way more vulnerable. So I will say those are the few times that I do feel a little bit scared when it happens. And it happened not that long ago.
Speaker 1: I went to.
Speaker 2: Scotland Edinburgh, and I wanted to do all the ghost stuff there and we stayed at the Witchery, which is like a super super I think it was built in the fifteen hundreds. The building, the Witchery, it's amazing how you ever go, it's a gorgeous hotel rooms. There's only like I think six rooms or eight rooms or something. A beautiful restaurant. Like I said, it's in this very very very old building that's kind of adjacent to the castle. So the castle is right there, and I think this was where like the horseman or something like this is his area of the cast I don't know, something like that. But they've redecorated the rooms and made him like incredible, like all the velvet drapes and the four poster beds and like they're just like so pretty inside. Like it's the place to stay, and it's right on the Royal Mile, which is where you want to be like walking up and down all the tourist stuff and everything you go everywhere. I've been doing a lot this year, so this.
Speaker 1: Is great though. But so you had a feeling, well, I just walk.
Speaker 2: Up in the middle of the night for no reason, and I felt like I don't remember hearing something, but I felt like I heard something that woke me up. And I definitely got the feeling that there was something in the room with us, and I didn't want to find out. And I grabbed me and I was like and he was like, what I was like, oh, nothing, was just just giving you a little love tap. But I just wanted him to be a little bit awake because I felt like there was something about to go down.
Speaker 1: And then what happened to like whoa I' And that's the thing I've had. I only had one experience where I felt like something happened in the middle of the night. But I just at this point don't want to take my chances ever again, because I like when we did Living for the Dead, we had to sleep in those places. That was hell for me, and I didn't sleep at all. Yeah, And I would wait until it was daytime and I would like sleep like either in like a lobby or like somewhere yeah where there was like people around. I was too scared. It was horrible because I'm just like so sacred about my sleep and I don't want anyone to like interrupt me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 1: I don't want like an invisible person to like touch me.
Speaker 2: It's definitely the worst time for it to happen. But I feel like some in some locations they wait for that what do you mean, Like, I feel like they might be intimidated when you're awake and you're looking for it, but then they know predatory though, they oh, you're more vulnerable when you're asleep, so they kind of wait. Because I've had it happen probably three or four times that I can think of off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: See, and that's when I'm like, Now, it's one thing. If you wake up and there's just a ghost, that's like sorry, I'm like I was shy and like I didn't want to bother you earlier, but I did want to say hi. Yeah, that's one thing. But if you like wake up and some somebody's like touching you or just like breathing on you or I don't know, just like real creepy. That to me, I'm like, you are creepy. You are like that's a really messed up thing to do because you knew I was like completely vulnerable, and that makes me scared of you. Yeah, like you're actually bad. Yeah, whether like I'm not saying it's a demon or something, but it's like you are like a messed up persons. Yeah, and I don't I don't like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of what do you think of eBay haunted dolls?
Speaker 2: I stay away from all that stuff. Well, I do you have a haunted doll?
Speaker 1: Fully in the eBay Haunted doll world, I have one that I was recently gifted. Not one single thing has happened, and I'm not happy about owning it. But I have it and nothing's happened, and that's perfectly fine with me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I would say, if you're scared, it's not a good thing to have.
Speaker 1: Of course not. Yeah, so shocking to me in my life.
Speaker 2: I thought you should have. It.
Speaker 1: Was like, hey, I know you always talking about haunted eBay dolls. Guess what I got you? And I'm like, no, because my my thing with it is I don't believe that they're real most of the time, but I don't want to take a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now I've taken a chance.
Speaker 2: And now you're wanting more, You want to add to your collection.
Speaker 1: No, I just want to talk about them. Okay, it's time for the dolls are living, Okay, So we like to feature a different doll each week. These are real listings. Of course, they come with biographies. Okay, this one does not have a name, but they are currently going for one hundred American dollars. Jeehah. Show us. This doll plays you got it? Ras there she is. What are your first impressions looking at her?
Speaker 2: That the eyes feel like they're looking right at me, Like, not just doll eyes, I flight, those are humanized.
Speaker 1: Those are very realistic eyes. Now this is confusing for me because first of all, it's it's like a I feel like it's a little girl doll. But no little girl would ever have that much makeup on. That is the makeup of a seventy five year old woman in Beverly Hills. She looks like she's like snatched, like her face like she doesn't she's had really good, beautiful face work.
Speaker 2: Look about lipliner.
Speaker 1: The lipliner is sickening. She's giving a nude lip. She has a blush on. She looks contoured, she has a lash on like a slight cut crease. She's done her eyebrows. Like, that's not a little girl. There's no way you're gonna tell me that that's a little girl. She even has like lower lash going on. Yes, well here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And is that eye too?
Speaker 1: She has the water line? Yeah done? Okay, try doing that to a child. That will never happen. So wait and can we see her outfit more? What have we got going on with this outfit? Oh god? Okay, well she really put all the work into the face. The outfit is she's got a onesie on.
Speaker 2: I'm not hating onesie.
Speaker 1: It's cute, it just doesn't go with the face. I'm sorry, but the face is beat And then the rest of her what is around her neck?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what's the vial or is that a flashlight? I don't know what that is. Looks like a vial of something, but maybe it's a flashlight or she's.
Speaker 1: Got some kind of paraphernalia around her neck.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like the floral lace thing was an extra added applice that they were like, oh wait, this would look cute on this, and we sew this on here, glue this on here.
Speaker 1: Well, because lace gives haunted to me, like lace's very is the preferred fabric of ghosts and haunted dolls.
Speaker 2: I think I didn't know that, but I think that was added on after. I think that's like just a cute little polka dot cotton onesie and they added this like really weird lacy application.
Speaker 1: It was definitely an afterthought. They were like, okay, you know what we need to We need to do a little bit more.
Speaker 2: It makes her look a little more vintage. And because that onesie alone would just be like modern.
Speaker 1: But that face is not vintage. That makeup specifically is the a of like YouTube tutorial makeup. That's not a that's not a vintage face. I apologize to whoever tried. Okay, so here's the story. Now we have to keep in mind that there's a ghost inside of this vessel.
Speaker 2: Is that why the face is making that face? Like she's making a face right, like she's making a face.
Speaker 1: She is making a face. I don't know what the face is saying, but it's just, yeah, what's going on here? She's just kind of looking at you.
Speaker 2: It's very judgy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she is, for sure. It says, this is a doll that was donated to me. The original owner couldn't handle it anymore. This is definitely a malevolent, most likely demonic entity. Now it just says absolutely refuses to tell me its name. Initially acted like a child spirit. They're really trying not to use pronouns here because they don't know. Initially acted like a child spirit, quickly showed its true nature. I can't work with it long. This entity will create a crawling sensation on my arms and legs, like bugs are crawling on you. It will also create a pin prick situation, like someone is poking you with a pin. Wood cracking sounds when I worked with it the last two times. It will call me names and threatens to kill me, Oh my god, etc. Headaches, senses of dread, and anxiety common when working with this entity, but surprisingly has been following the rules of the house so far. Claim to be responsible for a plague. Oh my god, this bitch started COVID. I'm sorry, That's what I'm saying. Do you believe any of those?
Speaker 2: I don't believe in demons release, So when it goes demonic, I'm like, eh, r uh, I'm really not buying it. No, I'm like, let me just cutch the chase.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying it now. Have you had any dolls like this in your home?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Would you? No? Why not?
Speaker 2: Cause I like going and experiencing it, but I also like coming home and being out of it.
Speaker 1: That's what I said, don't bring my work home. Yeah. Yeah, So this this is definitely one of those ones where I'm like, why would anyone want this? You're not selling it to me? Like you're telling me, if you get this, it'll make your life very uncomfortable and horrible.
Speaker 2: But like my question, how it knows a lot of that stuff, Like how does the person selling it know that it's wanting to it's threatening to kill him or her, or like how what how do they know? How's it telling them that.
Speaker 1: Just vibes?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Okay, well that was the dolls are living? Can I play some EVPs?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I'm so bad, but you can.
Speaker 1: It's okay. Usually these are really bad too.
Speaker 3: It's time for EVP.
Speaker 1: Or ev please. Okay, I've got two of them for you, and I'm just gonna have you guess what you hear, and then I'll give you an ABCD of options, one of them being with the ghost hunter believe they capture. Okay. This first one is from Washington State Paranormal Society, which I believe I have had EVPs from before because their abbreviation is WOPS and is Washington State Paranormal Society. Love it? This one was recorded at a theater in Port Gamble, Washington. What is this one? Say Bridget Marquard, Oh you have to do that again?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Don't you worry. I got you.
Speaker 2: No idea. There's too much background and like clicking, clacking and going on.
Speaker 1: I know somebody is definitely making Jiffy pop in the background.
Speaker 2: Or but I do hear like a voice, I do hear something I do too.
Speaker 1: Wait, let's listen.
Speaker 2: It helps when you know the context of things too, like what were they talking about? What were they doing? Like more about where they are those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: I guess. So did they think it was a not too greasy? You know, like if someone's making you like some some fries and you're like, not too greasy. B I'm so crazy. See, I am not to please you? Or d come here? Son?
Speaker 2: I thought I heard the word too in there, so there was two of them with the word too right.
Speaker 1: Come to me, son, Wait, I'm so crazy. I don't know I hear.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can make it here whatever you want to hear. I think if I feel like you're gonna get it whatever you want. But I feel like it's that not to please I'm not here to please you or whatever please you, or that I'm not too crazy or one of those I'm so crazy. Oh, it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: It wasn't I'm I'm so crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: Then well they believe it said I'm so crazy. Okay, now now that we know that, let's listen, maybe I'm too crazy. I'm too crazy.
Speaker 2: I definitely hear it too where they hear the sow and I can hear it say I'm too crazy, but only after I know that's what they think is saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, here's one more. This one was posted by Christy mays Thin on YouTube and it's at a cemetery and Altus, Arkansas. Why is this one? Saying bridget.
Speaker 2: Ewes, that one is so freaky to me?
Speaker 1: Do you think that that is the ghost of a person that used to talk like that? Or are they putting on like a creepy.
Speaker 2: Voice, putting on a creepy voice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you believe in elementals and that kind of thing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not? I believe in anything.
Speaker 2: I mean, elementals are a little out.
Speaker 1: Of my elementals like nature ghosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a little out of my comfort zone. I don't feel like I know them very well or have experienced them. But the first thing that comes to mind is that sounds more like a elemental type. Oh, I don't even know if they have voices. I know, but it just doesn't seem like a human talking. Yeah, I know, what are our choices on that one? Because I have zero guesses.
Speaker 1: Is that A you pee too loud? You p too loud? You know when sometimes if somebody's like is there a microphone in the toilet? Is it B you're being too loud? C you need to know? Or D this soup is like wow. You know you have like good city.
Speaker 2: You're like like wow, wow, okay, here one more time. I guess you're being too loud.
Speaker 1: That is what they believe. They think it could be you're being too loud or you need to get out. But I think it's you're being too loud.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely you're loud.
Speaker 1: It's ever loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not out.
Speaker 1: I think it's you p too loud. We could go with that you be too loud.
Speaker 2: But you know what, now that I know that it's possibly saying you're being too loud, maybe it's somebody trying to whisper. So that's why it gets a little bit more raspy and weirder voice loud, you know, right, interesting, So then that makes me not think elemental anymore. It makes me think somebody trying to whisper.
Speaker 1: Hmm, God, whispers are way creepier. Huh. Do you think you would be a scary ghost or like a nice ghost?
Speaker 2: Can I do both? Because I like the scare people.
Speaker 1: I know me too, because that's how I feel like I would want. I would put on a scary voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like, I was just watching Have you seen Natsfarat too? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No? Did you watch it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How was it?
Speaker 1: It was like an eh?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: God? See. I don't want to have anything bad to say about it, because you know, I got girls with bangs that listen to this podcast, and they're gonna be real mad if I come for not Sparato. But I would say it was a little long for me. But not Sara has a voice and and like I would do a voice like that as a ghost.
Speaker 2: Anytime a movie is over two hours, you're gonna have to really convince me that I need to see it.
Speaker 1: I still haven't seen Wicked yet. I can't like yeah, me neither. It's hard for me because then I always have to pee and then I'm like, what did I meant? Like then i'd be too loud? Yeah, Bridget, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, okay, now you're coming on wine.
Speaker 1: Please we need to find a day I want to do it. Tell us everything, tell us where to find your podcast.
Speaker 2: And it's everywhere. The podcasts are ghost Bunny podcasts and have a YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: You time to people that like know what they're talking about. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have guests on who are paranormal investigators or run a haunted location or live in a haunted house, people who have firsthand experience in an hour's worth of stories to tell.
Speaker 1: Hell. Yeah, because I like nowadays, I mainly talk to comedians and like I like to every once in a while have like someone like you that has like really good knowledge and whatever. Yeah. You talk to a lot of people that like study the stuff. Yeah, No, like Alex and like people that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Amy Brune was on, I had Aaron Sagers on. Yeah, all the people in the community.
Speaker 1: I love it. Well, I guess that's it, all right, I'm so crazy. Oh that's good, thank you. Bridget. Can't get enough of her. She's so gorgeous. She is so beautiful. She smells lovely too. I'm just going to put that out there. She had a wonderful sent to her. She's just She's the full package. I absolutely love Bridget and I'm so happy she came on, and I'm happy that you are listening to this show. It's a new year, and I hope that you are enjoying the content. If so, please tell everyone you know. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 3: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow up you're there and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee.
Speaker 1: Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair Raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareff, the Spooky Georgia hard Stark, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer