Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. All right, what's up, everybody, Welcome back, very exciting edition of Fantasy Football Weekly coming at you with your host John Lageza and my good pal in yours, mister Jake Trobridge. We're fresh off the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: How did it go for you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I lived to tell the tale that I got out at the other end of this draft. There was ups and downs. It was it was a roller coaster ride. Not really, I mean part of it was. Some of it was like the most expected stuff that you could ever expect, and some of it was pretty wild, though, John, I will say, especially some of these middle picks that we're going to talk about here today. Uh, some of the weird trading that happened. I wasn't fully prepared for all of it, but I enjoyed it. You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was doing a draft stream. We're kind of trading back and forth. It was a lot of fun to see how these markets move and just how much one how much uncertainty there is, and to how you know, how unpredictable and even the most accurate mock drafter probably gets I don't know, twenty five percent of these picks correct, right, Nobody even gets all thirty two of the humans correct, right, So forget landing spots. So it's a lot of fun and felt the guests, my jets did okay, there are always the point of consternation.
Speaker 2: We'll get into them in a little bit.
Speaker 1: You did us the solid of kind of mining all the Fantasy Relevant offensive picks. We're gonna go through them in order as they came off the board yesterday, and then Fantasy Impact we've got adp We're gonna talk some depth charts where these guys fall and how we're gonna attack them. So at any further Ado was mister Fernando Mendoza. Before I could bet on the Raiders not taking him, they had snatched him right up. I just all right, man, you know what I thought, if any team might have been one percent crazy enough to do it, it would have been the Raiders. Put it was after the Cousins, right, so they had to kind of address it, and I thought maybe that was them telegraphing if we don't take it, we don't want to ride in the streets.
Speaker 2: At least we actually have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: So Mendoza we talked about, we know you're not too high, when do you think he's under center? I think that's a good question.
Speaker 3: That's what's so hard about this, and it was it was very expected. I was also hoping for a last minute trade, just for the drama of it all. We didn't get that, and that's fine. But I do think the issue with Mendoza for a redraft is exactly that I don't know when he's gonna start. I mean, reasonably, you could say like maybe week five. I guess if we're basing this off of what happened last year with say the Giants, because there is kind of a similar issue with Jackson Dart although he was taken much later in round one, but they had Russell Wilson, another old VET, and he just didn't know. I would say the earliest is week five, but it could be. I mean, it could be week ten. It might not be until Kirk gets hurt or they just bail late in the season because they're out of the playoffs. I don't know John, but that's what's keeping me from wanting to draft him at a hall in redraft. I think we talked about this you're a little bit more okay, perhaps with the risk if he goes late enough in drafts, right, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Fantasy rights, putting the puzzle together because you can't rely on him early on. Mendoza makes a good pairing for a sure thing quarterback. Right if I got a top five QB and now I don't want to overlever myself spend too much draft capital at the position. Mendoza feels like a piece that if there's an injury or maybe you give him some time to mature. Jake, I love all those comps. They're all, like most every analysis, very much grounded in reality. They're all really smart. The problem isn't the difference with the Giants. I had to check to myself, like I knew this. The contract to Raiders gave Cousins five years, one seventy two. I just don't get how that's sympo contract. It's even yeah, it's it's a lot of money, and it's pretty long for a guy that's not only old but coming off a downswing. So it's like a lot of very confusing stuff. Again, you can't always rely on the Raiders to be too rational. We could put a bow on this Venosa right now is going off the board as the QB twenty eight ADP one seventy seven. So again I think, whether or not you love it, there are weapons in Vegas, and I think you don't have to overpay, and that's always kind of my key to success, especially with the youth in Fantasy. Next up was another one. I mean, I wish I had the family feud buzzer that e because I got them all wrong.
Speaker 2: And you know what, you gotta wear these l's, you know, el el for Love.
Speaker 1: It was Jeremiah Love. He went to Arizona, which I thought was a luxury pick. Didn't really make sense. They could have moved down, gotten to first rounders for the price of one that might actually kind of boost the team that went out and paid Tyler Algier. So here we have another team at the top of the board making a pick that they don't necessarily need week one. I mean, what do you think about Love? To me, it's really tough right now, he's the RB twenty seven and it's ADP seventy two, so it's not like you're really paying up what you are drafting him quote unquote as a starter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this wasn't just a luxury pick. This was this was egregious to be for the Cardinals to take him. You had premier defenders, you had offensive linemen available, which they desperately need, and both of them are gonna help your team a lot more than this admittedly extremely talented running back. So I think they drafted the player that's gonna help them sell more jerseys rather than help them win more games. So I'm not a fan of it from their perspective, but from a fantasy perspective, which is all we really care about, I'm still fine with it. Wherever he went, save for I don't know a hand full of spots, he's going to be the guy. It's just a matter of how helpful is the rest of the team going to be and getting him to like top ten status on a week to week basis, because right now he's somewhere between Bijon Robinson and Ashton Genty, like Bijeon Robinson in terms of if you want to look at how much workload he's gonna get, it's it's probably just that, like move aside, James Connor, You're not gonna be relevant in this backfield, Bye bye, Trey Benson. You might be traded before the season starts, and so it's probably gonna be like those Falcons backfields of the last few years, ironically also having Tyler aljear in it now, so Love is going to be the Bijon Robinson to Tyler Algiers. Tyler Aljier, I guess this poor guy. But from an efficiency standpoint, the old line's still bad as of right now. We're recording this on Friday before round two, so maybe they addressed the old line more in the draft, but as it stands, it's probably an ashton Gent level of efficiency.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, when you put that talent cump on him, I started scrolling to see where alger is right his compliment. Maybe the market anticipated the Love thing. You know, these markets are sharp because Algier is RB thirty two, that's pick ninety eight, so both.
Speaker 2: Of those are after love.
Speaker 1: And man, if you're going to put that type of talent profile on Love, considering he's still kind of reasonably priced, knowing they's some uncertainty with his direct threat going even later, I think we liked him as a pair. Now how effective that offensive line is going to be is another question, and we've seen it sync supreme talents before. Yeah, so I'm worried, right because again these are teams Cardinals in particular, that defense was so bad that spurned the Jacoby Brissett throw fest, right, the forty five drop backs a game or whatever we've been getting. Yeah, it was fantasy goodness, but it's really death to the run game, to any kind of stability in the run game. And then you have Alger kind of eating up red zone touches. You know what, These prices probably stick and you probably get a good value, especially if you pay him. So next one was the Titans. This is another one get the buzzer wrong again, John, where I said, well, the one thing that Titans don't need or more receivers, right for a team that was as bad as they were, that position was still I considered it a relative strength. I thought i am Anour showed us a lot as a rookie. You get growth in through a petition. I thought jamier Dk showed us a lot as a special team player. And in the slot ability is a number one option. And they go out and they drafted Tait, who is apparently a freak right now, he's wide receiver forty five. That's ADP one oh four and he's gonna join Wondale Robinson, Calvin Ridley, and then I am Anir and Jamiir DK. That is quite a lot of mouse to feed again with something you and I spoke about Wandale soaking up a lot of those layup targets. What do you think about Tate? Can you give me this year and then maybe even like a Dynasty take looking forward?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a good call out. By the way, I should quickly mention if you're doing your super flex, you know, rookie Dynasty drafts, I still have Jeremiah Love is my one oh one even in super flex, I have Mendoza's my one o two, just because of positional scarcity. And then we get to these wide receivers. Carnal Tate is gonna be my one oh four in Dynasty rookie drafts. I don't hate it, John, because you mentioned all these wide receivers, but none of those guys make me go like ah, Carnal Tate can't beat them, you know, no disrespect to any of them. I'm a Wisconsin guy, so I'll always love DK, especially, but I think he probably suits in more naturally as a compliment or as a special teams guy, and then you have Wandale as kind of like the second in command. But I didn't know if any of these wide receivers would step into wide receiver one status on the day that they're drafted, And that kind of remains true with Tate, like he'll be a one A, but Wandell will probably soak up those targets and be a one B. So for redraft purposes, he's the most pro ready guy, it seems to me. So I think you get some comfort from drafting him. I don't know that you get a ton of upside. People are, of course going to be critical of Tate because in college he didn't have a ton of production, never had a thousand yard receiving season. I get all that, But also neither did Lad McConkey, and he finished his workie season just fine. So I've tried not to make that a big crux of my argument one way or the other for these guys. So I don't know if it's like Tate versus Mike Evans when we get to that point and redraft, I will probably take the upside of a guy like Mike Evans, but I could see the argument either way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Evans might be a tough one. I think I want to see that the health situation first. Again, there's always a game of pricing and value. So Tate right now is going right after Quentin Johnston, which is an interesting pick, right before Jayden Reid, and that's right around Makay Lemon, who are going to talk about in a minute, Josh Downs.
Speaker 2: Khalios Shakir.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you again, if you think that talent could rain out, and if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. I don't want to write off cam Ward taking that step forward. My problem again is I didn't It didn't feel like a wide receiver problem. It never felt like a wide receiver problem. Ward through for five point seven ypa. He took fifty two sacks. The Titans again have tried to build the interior. Just because it doesn't work doesn't mean you need to give up. There's a lot of first round picks on that line in the past couple of years. But just because they don't work doesn't mean they're like, oh right, well, maybe that's a bad idea. It's the process of the pick that wasn't working. I would have been looking to protect Ward and trying to cultivate those young pass catchers. I think Tate will be good, and I guess at one O four next to those other players, you could spin yourself a tail where he's clearly the most talented. But the volume and the quality of that volume, and the contextual environment if anything Tennessee stinks, will always be behind them. I guess you'll always have that, right, Well, we'll always have that to share, Jake.
Speaker 3: We'll always have that. Can we quickly note? Though, what a win for Tony Pollard and ty j Spears. If you have these guys like on your die. They avoided the Adam bound that was Jeremiah Love, which is where we were expecting him to go, or a lot of people were anyway, So good for them. I don't know that I'll be nuts drafting them either, but they definitely came out winners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pollard, it's funny you mentioned that this is kind of an interesting topic to either write about or cover. Would be like the unsung winners of the draft? Right, Tony Pollard is quietest winner of the draft. Well, everyone is talking about, right, the rookies and the big moves. It's actually Pollard who was probably suppressed because of the anticipation that didn't manifest. He now should move up slowly as people kind of say, wait, he's a starting running back. There's legit projectable volume there, and he was pretty good. So hey, I guess the fantasy gods closed the door.
Speaker 2: They opened a window. Apparently.
Speaker 1: Next at the number eight, pick this one. I did nail. I actually hit this one right on the head. A few analysts had talked about this. It kind of made sense to me. That was Jordan Tyson. He went to the Saints. The idea was there's a need for pass catchers. They appear to have found what they like beyond the center and Tyler Shuck, who I think was very good. I think people are rough on him as just a strict game manager. He started to show us not only pass efficiency but the ability to run, which wean his fantasy gamers. He's one of my favorite late round quarterbacks. They all need weapons. The von Veley might be a nice three. He could be a really nice three if Tyson eats up these inbreaking routes with a lavee kind of doing the field stretching. So I'm seeing Jordan Tyson wide receiver fifty three ADP one twenty one, And if you can't tell me the inflection of my voice, I am certainly interested because I see positive trajectory and I see suppressed costs. These are my favorite things as a fantasy cheap skip.
Speaker 3: That's good to know. I'm going to clock that for future reference. By the way, if we're ever in a leadue together, I need to know these things about you.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 3: I will say well for you personally, because you called this with Jordan Tyson to the Saints. How many games are you worried about the injuries at all? How many games are you okay with him missing in a given year before you go, ah, this guy's not worth it?
Speaker 2: What is it? Six'.
Speaker 1: Ten i've become injury agnostic in my old, age AND i feel LIKE i just got the best EVIDENCE i could, get and it's in the, Past, like let's hold. It the last fourteen months of The caldary, Year christian McCaffrey went over four hundred touches And jacob De gram made thirty. Starts and the REASON i say that is everybody is so certain of, injuries who are they're going to affect when and? How and we just don't know and then SOMETIMES i even make the counter of you could guarantee me That tyson is going to get, hurt a stone hold, Guarantee BUT i would still have the question of. When what if it's in the first round of the? Playoffs what if, it's you, know In week eighteen after the fantasy season is wrapped. Up AND i hate to put the negativity out, there but it's a game of attrition and injuries are, real So I'M i don't want to say him flat out ignoring. It i'm considering this baked into the price for the, potential AND i JUST i like The saints as a cheap place to. Invest what do you think about? That that part of might take, like are you seeing The saints as an arrow up? Team And i'm not talking about a top five, offense but do you see them trending in the right way?
Speaker 3: Directionally, well that's kind of WHY i, asked because if The saints are okay drafting him where they took, him THEN i think we should be comfortable with. It, obviously they know his injury track record and he did have that workout shortly before the draft that kind of said, like, Hey i'm mostly healthy Now i'm. Good SO i actually like the landing spot BECAUSE i do think that there's plenty of room for a second pass catcher to emerge here as a maybe not elite fantasy, asset but somewhere in that. Proximity And Jordan tyson without the injury, HISTORY i, think is the de facto number one receiver for most. People So New orleans threw the ball at the fifth highest rate in the league last. YEAR i think part of that is because there were also backfield, struggles to be, fair But Kellen moore's offenses do this. Historically he has pass heavy offenses when he has the healthy personnel to get that. Done so maybe this is a lash back, to you, Know Kellen moore's days In, dallas Where Ceedee lamb And Amari cooper were both kind of. Thriving to some, EXTENT i still Think Chris olave is the number. One he's less. Exciting probably in your, drafts you're probably gonna get bigger boom weeks out Of, tyson, though.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think, yeah for, ME i totally agree With lave is kind of a clear. ONE i, think you know WHAT i think is the the unherlded loser.
Speaker 2: Here is Probably Juwan.
Speaker 1: Johnson if you remember back to the end of last, year there was an unreal amount of volume going through him just out of. Necessity, yeah SO i think that shifts to are gonna it has to be a Healthy. Tyson but where we're drafting, him, YEAH i think if you're getting a high talent load with AND i don't want to be galaxy braining is too, hard but there's a lot of times WHERE i like a young player to step into A b role and not THE a role where you need to beat the most elite corners in the toughest. Routes like let's get him on the second best corner in somewhat right where he can kind of be shifty and maybe slant over the. Middle, AGAIN i love these high probability, routes AND i also love the home environment for the, scenes, RIGHT a lot of indoorsed offf in that division.
Speaker 2: Also all, right so.
Speaker 1: Before we turn this into The tyler you Know shakastan, podcast because he's like if you could google By niam and his name And mike froto to the. Ring last, year our, Fates our fates resigned Mister. Troubridge all, Right next, up it Was, okay this had to be the shock of the. Draft OBVIOUSLY i took a huge l on this, one both betting in markets and then also as A jet. FAN a few people hyped me up that it would be The New York jets coming down with Quarterback Ty. Simpson he goes to the very Competitive, rams who have an agent quarterback who heals in. Spaceships, Apparently i'm Just i'm just telling you what we. Know i'm just talking what we know about, This and the cherry on top WAS i don't know if this is.
Speaker 2: TRUE i didn't hear it out of the horse's mouth.
Speaker 1: BEFORE i understand that McVeigh and him hadn't spoken, yet SO i DON'T i don't know how much of this is. Real maybe The rams, are you, know working us a little BIT ww. Style i'm not one hundred percent. Sure so what do you take on the? PICK i, mean there's so much to so many. ANGLES i don't even want to rally right.
Speaker 3: NOW i don't get. It what what? Happened what did they Draft Ty simpson for spare parts For Matthew stafford in case he does break? DOWN i don't. Know part of because bad saying THAT i also kind of. FEEL i almost feel bad For simpson because he's about to become the most heavily scrutinized player in the league and he didn't do. Anything he just got. Drafted but every single game he doesn't, play every misstep that him or the organization, makes it's gonna be AND i told you so moment for anybody who's criticized the, pick which includes. Myself but ALL i could think when they made this pick was, like they must really hate Mackay lemon over there because he was still on the. Board The rams Have DeVante adams at age thirty, three they Have, pucinacua who is you, know a, walking talking time bomb off the field at this, point and then you draft a quarterback who has started one season in college that almost never pays, off almost never the. HISTORY i, MEAN jj McCarthy to The. Vikings different. Situation admittedly a lot of people LIKE jj, McCarthy but there are questions and then you, go, well he's with The, vikings so it's all gonna be. Fine With kevin, O'Connell it hasn't been fine. Yet Anthony richardson to The, Colts Trey lance to the forty nine, Ers Mitch trubisky to The. Bears there's so long of a track record where you just, GO i Know sean McVay is a very smart, guy but we can't just, say, ah send him there and it'll all be. Fine he has a succession. PLAN i still need to see it to believe.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Don't Maybe i'm being too harsh on. It just felt, no really.
Speaker 1: Range too easy on him right, now to be, honest all of this kind of all the niceties right, now this is all the emotional capital that McVeigh has earned over the years making good decisions and stuff like, that and that is. Warranted this to me seems. CRAZY i can't help but wonder if maybe they know more About stafford than we. DO i joked about the, spaceship but he was banged up or a little. Injured they were worried. Somewhat he ends up giving you a full season of. Brilliance what else is? New this just really felt out. THERE a lot of draft analysts, thought not only did you not Need simpson you could have gotten it, later what are you even getting out of? It and if you needed, him is he even that? Guy? Like just every kind of conceivable, right every conceivable. QUESTION i, mean he had a really nice year to close, out, sure but before that he either had injuries or Sat, AGAIN i don't pretend to know played more than six games in any season before twenty, Five so there isn't experience.
Speaker 3: Barely five hundred pass attempts in his college. Careers that's another.
Speaker 1: List that's another list of guys that hasn't worked. Out, right you you kind of labeled. Yours then there are those guys that we've tried to extrapoly experience Onto Anthony richardson, right and a lot of them they don't even end up, like, ah you, know that wasn't that wasn't. Optimal it's like this is a. Zero this is a stone cold zero when you fast forward fifteen months or.
Speaker 2: Something SO i don't want to put the car before the.
Speaker 1: HORSE i don't know the, future BUT i do KNOW i don't understand the. PICK i was laughing at the time, too again following prediction. Markets it's not the, future but it is telling you what people think and where the money is. Going AND i was laughing at what we thought was gonna be the sneek pick, again as if The rams don't have. ENOUGH i just don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Though that's as if.
Speaker 1: They don't have enough tight. End there's a nice little. Segue let's get Into. Sadiq he went to My jets at pick. Sixteen right now he's the tight. End twenty ONE adp one fifty nine talked to me About, sadiq where you think he, fits what you think The jets might, do and after drafting a titand last year With Meson, Taylor i'm.
Speaker 3: Bummed i'm, Bummed. JOHN i Like sadiq so much as a, prospect and there weren't that many places WHERE i felt like he would go and THAT i necessarily want to draft him for. Redraft you, know there's a lot of places THAT i thought he would go and be great for. Dynasty Though i'm worried that he's no longer good for redraft or dynasty with The, jets because if you, squint this is sort of like The raiders' situation where they Drafted Michael mayer in round two in twenty twenty, three and then they follow that up the next year by Taking Brock bauers in round. One, obviously that worked out For, bowers and The jets Drafted Mason taylor last year in the second, round and now they Take sadik in the first and, yes he's very, athletic but he is also a pretty raw. Prospect so he's got the, upside but it to be. Polished are The jets the place For sadiq to get that? POLISH i am worried about. That and so you, know the difference Is bowers has the college production behind. Him you feel more secure with that. Situation he obviously leap, frogs you, Know Michael, MAYER i don't know if the same is going to be true For sadik And Mason. Taylor maybe they're frustrating to. Split So i'm just staying away In. Redraft he's off My redraft. Board i'm not gonna mess with.
Speaker 2: It For.
Speaker 3: Dynasty he falls down a few spots for me as, well just BECAUSE i don't know where his come up is with this. ORGANIZATION i, mean you're a Frustrated jets. Person you tell me what you think About Kenyan.
Speaker 1: SIDIK i, Mean jets fans of, anything we know not to ever get too high and just trying not to get too low because the lows are, coming so there's no. Need you, Know, awn good, time my. Friend, again it's you, know it's a new front, office AND i think THE i have done the responsible, thing collecting a lot of draft. CAPITAL i thought, AGAIN i thought the situation was there to make The mendoza. Move maybe they feel the way about him that you do that it just wasn't worth mortgage in the, future which might have been a Stereotypical jets move doing the wrong thing, right buying the Magic bean because people were yelling that you need the Magic. BEAN i. DON'T i don't quite. Know i'm trying to keep the faith and just be realistic. Again we love the draft capital they are, building building some skill set where brought a major impact player on. Defense the quarterback, situation it's a Little. Harry i'm gonna ask you your take on where The jets went at pick. Thirty they moved up to Get cooper After simpson was. Gone we'll get to that in a. Minute SO i don't. Know gino has never really been a big been a big tight end. GUY i also went and looked it. Out jets were bottom f five in two tight end sets last, year which unless we totally Think Mason taylor just not a. Thing AND i know there are gonna be prospectors that, say, oh, man you don't know anything About. Sadek he's so much better Than. Taylor that's a lot of times that's not how these things. Work taylor showed the ability to be a VIABLE nfl player both on the line and. Receiving and remember there are two sides of that. Coin we talked about it off. Air taylor played six hundred and twenty five, snaps ran three hundred and fifty. Routes he earned five targets a. Game you know he was out there nineteen percent target or. Outrun so here's the. Scenario if you do Believe sadik bumps him out of the, way he's a massive value because even just a one v one swap into that functional role with a decent quarterback is a huge. Value, again you AND i have been talking about HOW i believe OR i think we're in. Agreement tight ends we should be. Waiting there's a lot of. Talent, yeah there's a lot of potential, pops AND i think we should be. Waiting SO i would Make sadik part of a part of a. PLAN i wouldn't take up as my tight end one and forget about. It but where he, goes you can get your entire tight end. Room let's, say you, know because they're all they're also they're all kind of going solely just So sadiq is going right After Breton, strange WHO i really, like right Before Chiga, konquo who we both like with the. ATHLETICISM i, mean, RIGHT i would be fine with that as MY i would take those guys as my three tight ends on a best ball team where you didn't even have to think about.
Speaker 2: Where cats your.
Speaker 1: Spike weeks and you pay him with maybe more floor with a guy Like, strange WHO i think could also. Spike so, Yeah i'm pretty much sold on punting tight, ends AND i Think sidik is part of a. Plan but, YEAH i think you have to understand there's a chance, that, right there's a few zeros to start the year and some frustrating. Utilization, right that's, Fair.
Speaker 3: Yep more than.
Speaker 1: Fair, Yeah, okay so next to, me you Mentioned Makai. Lemon this is another really interesting. Situation lemon goes at twenty to The. Eagles, YEAH i mean a lot of people feel like it's not, definite but this feels like it portends a move of Aj. Brown, again it's not certain that writing felt like it's, been it's somewhat been on the.
Speaker 2: Wall it's a.
Speaker 3: FORMALITY i would say it. This, yeah he's getting traded After june. ONE i don't know how you make this, Pick, AY i don't know how you trade? Really, Yeah, well because can we talk about how this pick actually went, down because it was the most entertaining part of the Direct The cowboys are on the clock at pick, twenty and then there's reports that you, know they're gonna take the, defender it's, assumed and Then pittsburgh he's already Calling lemon in the, meantime, saying, hey we're taking you with the twenty first, pick and Since dallas was expected to go with the defensive, player that all seemed. Fine but then The cowboys trade their pick to The, eagles to their, rivals who then sniped The steelers on McKay. Lemon it, was, oh just souped ants best entertainment of the night in my, opinion all that went. Down but you don't make a trade with your rival like. That you don't even make the, call you don't even pick up the phone unless you have a plan for McKay lemon to be a big part of your offense and presumably then see you, LATER Aj, brown you, know smell you later After june. First that's How i'm reading it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, now what do you think about the archetype? Here he's five eleven one. Two it doesn't feel like the again prototype one v one. Replacement not to say you need to do, that, right BUT Aj brown had a pretty clearly defined man one of the TRUER x. Receivers big, body like, fast over the, top very physical high. Point like, literally if you want to make a huge wide receiver ONE x guy in the, lamb it's. Him this doesn't quite feel like.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Now it doesn't mean you need to hurts, moves and that tends to open up or break down defenses a little bit. More plus you have a really impactful underneath guy still In. Smith so what do you think About lemon again wide receiver forty eight FEELS i, MEAN i want to, say extremely late if we think he's at all a replacement FOR Aj. BROWN i, Mean, jake we're on year four or five Of brown And smith both going in.
Speaker 2: The top like thirty six.
Speaker 1: Overall so if this is a super talented, player there's there's gotta be value somewhere Or i'm completely.
Speaker 3: Mistaken, YEAH i, Mean lemon is my favorite receiver in this. Class he is in no way a one for one replacement FOR Aj, brown BUT i do think he's the most well rounded guy in this. CLASS i think people look At Jalen hurts and they just, go, well he doesn't throw over the. Middle he's never gonna throw to the, slot and that's where Mackay lemon. Thrives and, yes he's very good as a slot, player but he's also very. Versatile he can bounce. OUTSIDE i think we'll see a lot of mixing and matching with him And DeVante. SMITH i don't think That DeVante smith is necessarily the number one on this team AFTER Aj brown leaves and McKayle lemon is. There BUT i don't know That lemon is gonna be the wide receiver one. Either it's probably gonna be some ONE a ONE b. Situation AND i don't know if we'll love either of them as like a top twelve pick or top tel twelve. Receiver BUT i could see them both doing very. Well it's probably just gonna be an adjustment to the offense of how they. Operate it's not gonna be the same as when they HAD Aj, brown which might not be a bad Thing, john because maybe McKay lemon isn't gonna be over there reading books on the, sideline if he isn't getting thrown to, enough maybe it's ultimately better for the offense as a. Whole so In, dynasty, Certainly i'm well into McKay. Lemon he will be my one oh.
Speaker 2: Three In.
Speaker 3: Redraft we'll, See i'll see how he.
Speaker 1: Falls, YEAH i, Mean hurts has always been very much a targeter of the, whiteouts AND i almost kind of walk myself into the trap of. Redundancy and it's not always a bad. Thing WHERE i was, Saying, oh you don't necessarily need TALL x AND y re shifty. Flank you don't necessarily have to do. That football is about. Mismatches and if you think that we're talking about a player that is maybe more Like DeVonta smith THAN Aj, brown it doesn't mean A. J brown is better Than smith in every. Scenario and you can see how two of those players right with enough speed and enough, separation can really cause a lot of. Havoc right hard enough.
Speaker 2: To cover, one let alone.
Speaker 1: Two maybe they're seeing a more like a faster offense closer to the line of. SCRIMMAGE i Know eagles fans wouldn't mind that they were On hurtz's case a lot for holding the ball to. ALONG i, MEAN i kind of like to see him takeoff. More but it will get to The eagles when we're doing team previews. Stuff, YEAH i like The lemon pick AND i it to, me it feels very much like a value. Here Makai lemon is going After Xavier. Worthy that's right there in that same SECTION i mentioned, Before Khalil, Shakiir Matthew, Golden Jalen. Coker, Like i'm not interested in those guys at. All we're talking about every down player on The, eagles like instantaneously competitive and another player to kind of suck up a lot of. Attention so, Yeah i'm all over The lemon. Pick last impact player was number twenty. Four Casey concepcion went to The. BROWNS i, MEAN i don't even. KNOW i know they were desperate for wide outs AND i know at points they looked really. Exciting, also REALLY i remember being shocked at was It? Bond Isaiah bond was a player who made A he cracked a couple of. Defenses now when do you see. Concepcion he was really causing a lot of you, know polarizing.
Speaker 2: Arguments so he goes to The.
Speaker 1: Browns he's wide receiver fifty. Nine he might be the wide receiver one walking IN adp one forty.
Speaker 2: Four do you like the?
Speaker 1: Situation what about the quarterback?
Speaker 2: Stuff brown's a little bit into blend.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah BUT i mean that is the thing with, him that's the positive is he's walking into a wide open path for. Targets so we can debate about whether The browns are gonna be a good offense or, not but when it terms to just sheer target, availability you have to figure he might even have the best situation out of any receiver we've talked about so, far just walking. IN i try not to negatively have the landing spot impact a good talented, receiver which he, is because nine times out of, ten the talent just wins out in most. Scenarios people hated the landing spot From Lake, neighbors hated it For, egbuka they hated it FOR. Jsn SO i Think conceptciona has enough talent to have it work, out and hopefully If shade Or sanders is the guy throwing the. Ball he's a little bit more like his seasons In colorado right where he could Keep Travis hunter well fed at, least and so concepcionn and Fan in for our, purposes those are the two guys we care about for. Fantasy maybe they can still. Thrive so depending ON, adp it might be a nice upside play in. Redraft AND i very much have him as my fourth wide receiver than In. Dynasty, YEAH i can dig.
Speaker 1: THAT i think you nailed the opportunities of the thing that first get me, interested and then the price is what gets me to kind of seal the. Deal so it's always a price. Thing and if you're getting a guy who could and should be the target dominator on whatever that, means you, know even on the worst, offense it's. Something and if we think they're gonna be bad and throwing, late that's something.
Speaker 2: Else.
Speaker 1: Yeah if he's going late after guys that are kind of backup, play, right like backup plans or after, thoughts he's going, Around, uh That's Tarik hill and That's Deebo samuel. NAMES i Recognize Tank dell is back. There so you're taking a lot of like injury risk and. Stuff people that don't have the same kind of clear. Pathway so, Yeah i'm with you on that. One actually like a little bit of the wide, receivers AND i Guess i'm kind of bullish on this wide receiver. Class So, jake that was. Awesome, man what a really great kind Of round one fantasy. Recap AND i think that'll do it for this edition of The Fantasy Football. Weekly from your Host Jalla gaza And Jake. Trowbridge we will catch you all soon and make sure to tune into next.
Speaker 2: Week don't, KNOW i don't.
Speaker 1: Know, no, no don't.
Speaker 2: Know you?
Speaker 1: Know do you know what you did right by