Speaker 1: Unique gadgets from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. I'm rich Demiro and this is rich on Tech Daily. So every year the mobile industry heads to Barcelona, Spain for a show called Mobile World Congress. This is basically like a meeting of the minds for all the big players in the wireless industry.
Speaker 2: They are all there.
Speaker 1: They talk about the future of mobile internet wireless technologies, and of course some of the mobile carriers and companies show off new gadgets.
Speaker 2: Now, I have never been to this show.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that it's one that I always want to go to, But I've never made it over there, But I do follow it and get to see some of the stuff that's launched over here. Let's start with Nokia. They're bringing back the iconic eighty one ten, which was quickly coined by bloggers the banana phone because it resembled a banana. The eighty one ten has an easy to use interface, but this time around you also get popular apps like Google Maps, and yes, there's even a reboot of the game Snake.
Speaker 2: We all had a Nokia back in the day.
Speaker 1: This is obviously playing on our nostalgia. Sony is launching some wireless headphones that automatically adjust the volume on their own. They're called the Experia Ear Duo and they use artificial intelligence to make music and notifications sound louder or softer depending on your surroundings.
Speaker 2: So what does this.
Speaker 1: Mean, Well, it means you won't have to pull out your earbuds when someone tries to talk to you, which is really cool. There's some other features built in as well. Samsung is letting you turn its flagship Galaxy S nine smartphone into a computer. Now, this is something they've done before with what's called the dex docking station, but now they have a new thing. They call it the des pad, And so all you do is you plug your smartphone into this little docking station. Then you connect a big screen monitor and a keyboard, and you can now use your phone kind of as a big computer, so you can edit documents, you can type things out on a real size keyboard. It's a really cool concept. But now the new thing is that you can use your phone as a touch screen, so your phone's screen will double as a trackpad. Now they say imitation is the sincere's form of flattery. While a SEUs has nailed it. They are channeling the iPhone ten with a copycat notch at the top of their phone called the zen Phone five. This one also has some sort of animoji software built in. I'm sure it's not as good as what Apple's doing. This device runs Android. It costs half the price of a new iPhone, just five hundred dollars. Is kind of crazy for them to literally copy almost every aspect of the iPhone, even down to the way the camera is situated on the back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Finally, the Innovation award goes to Vivo. They showed off their concept APEX full view phone.
Speaker 2: This has a.
Speaker 1: Fingerprint scanner in the screen, which I find really cool, and it also has a neat selfie camera. It pops out of the top of the phone when you need it, then it retracks down in less than a second when you're done. And why do we need this Well, obviously for reasons like you know, just look school, but also it can protect your privacy because we've heard a lot about how in the future hackers you're going to try to get access to the camera and sensors on our phone more and more.
Speaker 2: Well, there you have it.
Speaker 1: Five cool gadgets from Mobile World Congress maybe one of these days I'll take the long flight and get over there and hang out with my friends there.
Speaker 2: But until then, thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 1: If you want links to any of these gadgets, go to my website.
Speaker 2: Rich on tech dot tv. Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 1: If you have a moment, the best thing you can do for me is to rate and review the podcast inside the Apple Podcasts app. I do appreciate that. That way more people will discover it. Thanks so much for listening. I'm rich damiro rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon.