Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's guess you.
Speaker 1: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast, Good Day, everybody. I was gonna say good morning, good good day, but you know what good day?
Speaker 2: Actually, a good day is good because people could listen in the morning or during the day or at night. And even if you say good day at night, I guess you'd say good evening.
Speaker 1: You know, good day applies to any time zone, wherever you are. Whenever you're listening or giving you a good.
Speaker 2: Day vibe, it's gonna be a good day. It's gonna be gonna be a good good day. Uh, it's a good day for Gilmore Girls fans.
Speaker 1: Lots of exciting Gilmore's headlines this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much Lauren Graham.
Speaker 1: Stuff and a little Mila sprinkled in, which makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, so much lour Graham because her show premieres this week, The Z Suite, which we're going to watch.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait. Somebody's gonna have to tell me how to lug into Doobie. But we'll figure it out, you.
Speaker 2: Like, we'll figure it out. I started, that's funny you say that because last night I was like, I should start saying if I can figure out how to find.
Speaker 1: Tub Yeah, but hey, I mean it's free, right, so that's exciting. Lauren Graham is giving us a free show.
Speaker 2: Kuby's like the Hot Streamer. Because it's free, they must have commercials. I'm gonna have to watch commercials. Probably. Nothing's free, guys, nothing's free, nothing's free. Come on.
Speaker 1: But she was just in New York and I'm bummed I missed her because I was just in New York too.
Speaker 2: Well, you could have gone to the premiere.
Speaker 1: No, that was an opportunity very much missed. We should have thought about that.
Speaker 2: He looked cool at the premiere.
Speaker 1: Black suit, that red, red pointy toe heels with a red clutch. You know.
Speaker 2: She interviews, That's what I've been watching because I like when she talks about Gilmore Girls. She came up, did you hear her? Okay, so on one of her interviews, and I should give credit because I can't remember which one it was, but she talked about like another Gilmore Girls, could have been the Today Show, could have been Kelly and Mark Live.
Speaker 1: With Kelly and Market seems.
Speaker 2: So she basically said, what about she thought maybe there's the prequel, which obviously we have talked about, and she narrates kind of all the way they're doing it for Dexter, which I like. That is like it would be her growing up or her showing up at the inn with the baby, and she narrates it so she wouldn't be the actor. It's very like the New Dexter, which that is so good. It's funniest craziest thing about the New Dexter is they literally found actors that look exactly like the people later.
Speaker 1: All they gotta do is, well, I guess she's not that age anymore. But the person that played young Lorelai in the series looked just like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that would have been good, but she's not that That girl's twenty years older now. And she also talked about how like sometimes she'll see something in an episode this was amazing, and that she thinks she could actually like recite the lines. Like the way her brain works is she like memorized the stuff so much that if she sees it, like it comes back to her and uh, she could recite the lines. And then she also commented on her hair and that she's like, what was I doing with my hair. And here's the thing. I totally don't agree with her criticizing her hair from the show because I love her hair almost in every episode. But if she wants to criticize her hair from the reunion movies, yeah, are think called reunion movies? I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I think movie Special the Netflix movies. Oh my goodness, Hey, I'm down. Sorry. The Gardener came at the worst time.
Speaker 2: And then on the Today Show she talked about gen z ers and she talked about like gen Z slang like riz preppy. I didn't know gens Z says preppy.
Speaker 1: Emma, do they did your kind say preppy?
Speaker 2: No? They Jenna was saying that preppy is the new word for the pool, but I don't see that. Yeah, but I think we should start. Wait, Emma, where are you?
Speaker 1: There's so many She's in the coffee shop.
Speaker 2: Where. Okay, guys, so many men talking in the background of Emma's why I'm in a coffee shop.
Speaker 1: I will paint the picture for everyone. We are the biggest bleep show today. I have m Gardner outside my window. The dog is barking. Emma's WiFi went out in her apartment, so she's at the coffee shop, Amy Josi.
Speaker 2: I just woke up and my roof is leaking. But otherwise I've got myself together. My roof is leaking, like it's literally dripping into my room, and it's been doing that into my guest room.
Speaker 1: At least it's your guest room. At least it's your guest You.
Speaker 2: Imagine if I was sleeping, it's just dripping on me. It started a couple days ago. First of all, nothing's better than getting back from out of town and there's just like a puddle of water on your floor inside. And then I just begged my roofer begged. I was like anything anytime anywhere, and somebody else came and tried to put a tarp over. It didn't work. The roofer is on his way in the pouring rain. Bless him, like literally. But anyway, if anyone else's roof is leaking, you know, roof leaks are like so common. I've had many.
Speaker 1: And when I first bought the house that I live in right now, the painters came in the first few days to paint the house, and then we moved in right the very first day we moved in, after our whole house had been painted, and we're so excited to finally spend the night there. We walk in and there is just a river also from our guest bedroom, a river just cascading down our hallway. And I guess, I guess whoever did the renovation? I mean, do you see this storm? I guess whoever did the renovation didn't seal the guest bedroom window properly and it barely rains in Socow, so no one noticed it until literally, of course, the week we moved in, it was of course a huge rainstorm, so we had to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Mine is the same thing, yet different. The people that had this house before me added on and the leak is always right where the seam is from where they added on to the room. Yeah, but I'm like, how did it? Never? How did they so I've had multiple leaks just going down this hole.
Speaker 1: No, the answer is they did.
Speaker 2: They did have and then they the ceiling. But how did the ceiling? There's no way you could, like, the ceiling is bubbling. I should post a picture of it, like it's very clear that it's leaking. Yeah, and the drips start to come through, I'm gonna have to have the whole ceiling pulled out. No one cares. It's fine, it's I'm just not gonna be able to like you buy clothes, okay, La Graham. Right, so let's talk about preppy. You know what it makes me think of is Say by the Bell? Did you say that?
Speaker 1: No, I've never I never watched one episode Saved by the Bell. I know, everyone, Gass, it's your era, it's not even my era. Now, I never watched it. You know, I also never watched an episode of The OC. I'm I'm, oh, my gosh, first of an interesting gas.
Speaker 2: At least watch the OC. Like, I'm not going to make you watch Say by the Bell, but.
Speaker 1: I know I might after my encounter with Dave Rogowski being my favorite character.
Speaker 2: He's so funny on the OC. You would love the OC. But Mario Lopez always would call Mark Paul Gossler. I can't remember the Slater what was his name, Slater and that sounds right, and Zach preppy. He'd call him preppy. Hey, preppy, And I'm like, that's funny and cute, that is cute, But I guess preppy means great. I don't know any young people, any young people listening. We must have young people listening. They love Gilmore girls, let us know, tell us what you saw? No, oh yeah, and they find her texting style aggressive because Lauren uses like a period, like an exclamation point or like a comma, and they're like, whoa, Okay, let's go back to Milo.
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay. Kind of sad because it was so he just lost his house less than a month ago, but also exciting. He just welcomed his first baby with his wife, Jared Marianna, which is know in love and they have.
Speaker 2: A Marrianna baby, can't even get married.
Speaker 1: Finally, a Mariano baby. Just that makes me happy. So cute, but yeah, they welcome the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he even put it on Instagram, which is kind of like, you know, he's quite private, but he's getting more.
Speaker 1: Very alight with Mala. And I'm gonna need Milo to confirm, but I feel like the name is Kayla.
Speaker 2: Oh Kayla with a it's like a Hawaiian spelling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's beautiful. It's k e aposhaphe ala Kayla. We'll see. We're gonna have to ask him next time.
Speaker 2: Lana, it might be Kayla, but it's probably Kayla.
Speaker 1: But baby was born on January twenty third, and he posted the picture on Instagram and alongside their dog's paw, and the caption was houseless never homeless, which is cute. I know. I'm so happy for him. He's going to be such a good dad.
Speaker 2: Oh because you know, because you know him so well.
Speaker 1: He is my best friend in my dream.
Speaker 2: She bases this on two characters. She bases his ability to be a father. One d from this is us. Yeah, and that's fine. Although Milo is cool. We do know that we've interviewed.
Speaker 1: We do know that we've we've been in the same zoom room exactly practically one degree apart from it.
Speaker 2: Same zoom room. Wait, what other news do we have? I feel like we have so much more.
Speaker 1: Lots of Lauren Graham.
Speaker 2: She really, Oh my gosh. Okay. She also said she felt too tall when she was on All My Children. But also she gave her reading list, and I think we should give it. I can't remember if we did it last time, but we should did do this, Okay, good? We got to do it every month, right, guys? Uh huh, yeah we did December. I remember it. Let's give January. She said it shorter because she's so busy.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say the December list, Will was like twenty. I thought that was for the whole year. She said, Wow, Okay, okay, Lauren, I don't know any of these books. Okay. So here are the five five books, Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum, The New York Stories of Elizabeth Hardwick by Elizabeth Hardwick, Life Isn't Everything by Ash Carter and sim Kashner, Crafting Change by Vicus by Vicus, and Good Material by Dolly Adderton. And yeah, like Amy said in the caption, she choked, busier month, so shorter stack. All right, let us know if you've if you're if you are reading any of these, if you're following along with the Lauren Graham Book Club, let us know.
Speaker 2: Did you do you read books?
Speaker 1: No, I've read books. I have you know, I've done some books here and there. Yeah, for the most part, I'm not a I can't wait to cozy up to a book and before.
Speaker 2: Read like a book a week. So that was my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is that is amazing. I wish I was like that because my brain would be a lot sharper. Instead, I'm sitting down watching Real Housewives in New York City reunion and eating bond bonds.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know that my eyes work enough to read books, and I'm not used to my glasses, so I'd like a book on a screen like this, I could.
Speaker 1: Read that, you know, I feel, and I haven't done it yet. But because I have a podcast, I'm sure I would love an audiobook. So maybe that's what I know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do that. I'm going to do that. I saw this. Oh my gosh, are you the one that told me to watch Silo?
Speaker 1: No Silo?
Speaker 2: Are you sure it wasn't you?
Speaker 1: I have I've never heard of that, so it's definitely not me.
Speaker 2: I swear it was you. Silo watch Silo on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: No, who's in Silo?
Speaker 2: Like nobody? Rebecca Ferguson from like I don't know, she's like some kind of a movie star, and like nobody I meet people, but like nobody. The guy Steve's On or whatever from White Lotus. I think that's his name. It doesn't matter. It's so good it is. So you ever Sheeted Jones? But like spoiler alert, I don't want to tell you what happens with does like in the first.
Speaker 1: Episode, Okay, you know what I am excited for that you just mentioned White Lotus is coming back and it's coming back very soon, and that it better be good. It can't not be good.
Speaker 2: Asked, watch Silo. It's so good. I cranked out both seasons.
Speaker 1: Oh there's more than one season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like super popular. It's on it's like number one on Apple TV whatever, Apple TV. And I'm gonna get the audio book because now I'm like, I'm so in it's based on these books and I'm like, this stuff's great. Wait, do not. We're gonna not miss our trivia today and a cander because it's like gonna be March soon and we've got to crank through this. Okay, let's do the Advent calendar. I'm gonna do like a few today. Number four, oh, because this thing's so bit. Number four is a recipe book that's cute. I'll read you what's in there because I can only read the thing. That writing is so small. I wonder if any human can just read this without glasses. It's got Luke's Omelet tricks is spice nuts, the Rory Drink, chicken noodle soup. First of all, how much do we want chicken noodle soup today?
Speaker 3: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I love a chicken noodle soup. I like any kind of soup.
Speaker 2: Much so much. Okay, let's see what number twelve is. Number twelve is a sticker. I think it's a sticker that says I smell snow. I don't have anything to put that on. I could put it on my DVD box. Is that going to deface the DVD box? Or should I do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't do that.
Speaker 2: What okay, Okay, to think of something for that. Okay, let's do the number number two is more stickers. Oh, I think these are a bunch of stickers. I think this is a bunch of stickers. Wait, nope, it's not stickers. I'm sorry. Oh yes, it is stickers. Stickers. I'm gonna bring you those. Number thirteen. I love a sticker. Number thirteen. Oh this feels heavy. What is this a magnet? Okay, that's right. Cue it's and I need a I need a coffee. I need coffee in an ivy. I think she said that, Lauren.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah she did, she did.
Speaker 2: I'm going to bring that down because I don't have my refrigerator here doesn't work with magnets. Oh yes, my garage refrigerator does. I'll put it in the refrigerator. Wait have we done that one? I'm trying to crank out a bunch. Number nine. Sorry, guys, I hope this is exciting for you as it is for us, and we haven't done any mean, my gosh. Number nine is a Luke's uh mug sticker, but it's like one of those clear ones.
Speaker 1: Oh so you can put on like your laptop.
Speaker 2: That's really rad. Okay, let's see what number eleven is and then we'll stop. Wait, I must have already done number eleven. It's empty. Let's do number twenty two. Hold on, Number twenty two feels kind of weird.
Speaker 3: Whoa oh oh oh this.
Speaker 2: Number twenty two is awesome. It is paper clips, but with mugs on them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 2: That's really cute. Okay, I'm putting those in my desk, but when I need a paper clip to do one more.
Speaker 1: Just for funn Yeah, we got to, like you said, we gotta get you.
Speaker 2: We've got to crank this out. Number five. Oh, I don't know what that is. It's a heat sensitive sticker adhere to your mug and it reveals something.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool. I mean, there must be something with Luke like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's the mug. And then number twenty one, Oh my god, what's this soul?
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't seen one of those in a minute?
Speaker 2: Is pretty cool. Okay, well we got through a lot. Let's do some trivia. Okay, ooh, this is good. Who are Rory's three roommates during her first year at Yale?
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously, uh, Paris? And then the girl that works out a bunch, but I like, here's her name, Janet Janets. And then I'm assuming Lane.
Speaker 2: Nope, it was that girl who I swear played Cindy Brady in the Brady Bunch movies. But I never knew what her name was or I forgot it. Tana, remember goofy and I swear Brady and the Brady Bunch movies. Can someone fact check me on that if I'm right about that? Okay, here comes the next one. What is the name of Lane's chiltern boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Lane's mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Remember she meets boy Chilton. I would have gotten this, but I totally know exactly who he is.
Speaker 1: Santa Gone, it's the Korean guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is Henry. It's not the first guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not the first one that missus Kim.
Speaker 4: Set her up with. Yeah, it was Henry and Olivia HECTD play. Yeah, thank you, so my brain works in my serious plays. Let me give you a couple more. Why does Rory think Professor Fleming gave her an a?
Speaker 1: Oh? Because she knows about his relationship.
Speaker 2: With pairs, That's what she thinks. She thinks he gave her an a because she knows. But I think she earned the a. What is the name of Emily's fashion consultant?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 2: It's not forgetting this. It's played by Alex Borstein.
Speaker 1: I know it's not Melanie, It's not I know what is it? Jackie?
Speaker 2: Miss Selene Selene who is enlisted to help Lane by a new Belle and Sebastian CD. I don't remember this, Rory? Yeah, Rory and Michelle, but I don't really remember that for some reason. And finally, what does Babet give Lorli when Rory goes to Yale some flower bulbs? The trivia is hard for me. Sometimes I cannot get it.
Speaker 1: Those were hard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those were hard? Thank you? OK.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got an exciting next episode because please follow along with us and watch the first episode of Z Suite and we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: On our next elpis and have to tell the truth, so don't come for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll tell the truth like we always do, unfiltered.
Speaker 2: I didn't see a thing that some people really want to get Matt Zukrie back on television, and frankly.
Speaker 1: I ammen. I am gonna sign that proposition, all right, everybody.
Speaker 2: That's the news.
Speaker 3: That's the news, everybody, and don't forget.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.