Speaker 1: Missspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: And just like that, she's back.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, welcome to Misspelling. Oh I'm home again. They say you can never go home again. Bullshit. So everyone's probably been wondering where I've been and if you haven't, why why haven't you miss me? On October eleventh, I know the dape because I went down. I went down hard. I got COVID and everyone's like, uh, COVID, It's like a sniffle here and there. COVID nineteen. Well, COVID twenty twenty five is next level. It is next level. I don't know how. Thank goodness, none of my kids got it, which is odd. I got it and it hit me so hard. I was out out, down, like bed ridden, down for three weeks, three weeks.
Speaker 2: So I'm super grateful.
Speaker 3: That my friend Elisa and my friend Hilaria stepped in and covered for me. My boypod bestie Easton kept with misstepping. I I'm sorry, guys, I mean this has been rough and I'm a doer, a mover and a shaker, and it was. It was the most brutal illness I've ever had. And then I attack my sinuses because it always attacks your weakest thing, and that is the weakest link. It's a scary movie to reference when I died. Anyway, three rounds of antibiotics. Whoa, so so my gut's depleted, my flora bed? Is that a thing gone? So anyone have any ideas to like get the good back to back in because I don't like taking antibiotics, but like three rounds something something had to give My sinus specialist, doctor Matt, He was out of town for a while, so when I finally got to him, he put like the camera up my nose and down and he was like, okay, I know your science as well.
Speaker 2: Really well.
Speaker 3: He did my sinus surgery in twenty twenty one, and he said, he goes, this is the nastiest sinus infection you have ever had. And he doesn't say that lately. You know, doctors don't try to scare you. You know, they're like, it's going to be fine. He's like, oh, this is a bad one. I was like, I was like, bro, I know, okay. Anyway, the past of the past. I did say at one point to Ruth Anne, I feel like I'm having an exorcism.
Speaker 2: Did I not say that.
Speaker 3: You absolutely said that. You said that I am so sick. I feel like I'm possessed and somebody's doing an extra on me or I need an exorcism, And unfortunately I couldn't. I couldn't help you with that. I did not say possessed, because I am not possessed, but exorcism was the valid term for what was happening to my body. And I'm just gonna say you, guys, I am a super believer that emotions stress, it's all related to your physical So I think I had come to a point in my life. And you know, Brian's always saying, it's Tory two point zero, this is your next chapter. You're moving on. Maybe I was stuck a bit, so my body was just like, you know what, we're going to shed what's left of the past. We're gonna shed it out. WHOA please cleanex if you're out there, I need stock in your company. I went through so many Kleenex boxes, toilet paper rolls like it was madness. What was come down the pike peak nose snobs? AnyWho? Uh? Anyway, I'm feeling stronger, I'm feeling better, and the show must go on. So here we go okay. So being this sick during October not ideal. I literally my daughter Hattie's birthday October tenth. Somehow my body kept it together. We had a great time celebrate with her friends, family dinner Friday night, Saturday night, we had her like all her friends over and everything. So sorry, not the eleventh, October twelfth, I woke up sick as a dog. Didn't after that. That was it for me. So that's hard for a mom.
Speaker 2: Of five especially.
Speaker 3: I've talked about it on the show that Halloween is our cham It's one of our fave we're at holidays, but it's one of our favorite holidays. We go all out. We diy, we bake, we cook, we pumpkinize everything. I couldn't. I couldn't. I was like, kids, here's the reality. Pumpkin Patch ain't happened this year. It's not happening first time ever. My oldest is eighteen. In eighteen years, we have not not gone to the pumpkin patch. But Ralph's is a good backup for pumpkin It's just gonna say. AnyWho, So I was panicked, which it doesn't help a sickness more when you're panicked like am I gonna get well in time? In time, Halloween's coming up? Tick tic tick. And I have an eight year old that's like, oh, obsessed with times, dates, holidays and Halloween. So he was like eight days Halloween, seven days Halloween, and I'm in my head like are you trying to send me over the edge? And I was like, I know, buddy, it's gonna be fine. He's like, are you gonna be okay? I'm like, Mom's gonna be well. Well, I pulled it off. So I posted some videos on social about my experience because I was so sick. I had to wait the last minute to get costumes because I just physically couldn't go. I couldn't do it. To even go to the doctor. My son Liam had to drive in the car with me just to be like it's okay, mom, I got you help me from the car like it was gnarly. Who says narly? Uh? Anyway, that so okay. So Bo's dad, So Dean takes Bo and gets some a costume, and Bo really wanted to be ghost Face from Scream, which I'm not mad at that. Like, Hello, I was in Scream too. Hello, I was in scary movie too, Like like, I was so sick. That's such a cute correlation. I couldn't even post that. I was just like, nope, I'm out. So came home with his ghost face costume. He was psyched, he was pumped, and I was like, cool man, but you know, no horror or scary at school. So what other outfit did you and Dad get? And he's like, oh no, and Finn, who's always like I got this mostly because I texted Finn and I said, don't let Dad and both forget to get because he was with them to get a school appropriate costume. So I said, Finn, did you get bo as school appropriate costume? I don't see one here and he said, oh, he could just wear the ghost face cloak, no mask, no knife, And I was like, well not sucks balls, Like that's not fun. So anyway, he tried to you know, all my kids are like lawyers. They'll talk you out of everything and tell your reason why. I'm like great. So I was like, okay, we're screwed. So night before he has the Halloween parade on Friday. On Halloween, I'm like, I got to get him a costume. So we went out. We ventured out. Now venturing out on Halloween Eve to find a costume. It's way scarier than COVID. Okay, we went to four stores. Now I started to like get a jam. I'm like, okay, you hit Spirit, hit Spirit, you know what? No no, no, no, no no no, everyone hits Spirit.
Speaker 2: You gotta think outside the box.
Speaker 3: So I'm like Costume Warehouse, Phantom, I don't know, Little known unknown, Halloween store on the corner, like anything besides Spirit.
Speaker 2: We did those.
Speaker 3: Then I started driving to areas that I thought like, okay, people don't really dress up like I like, headed to like really affluent areas, thinking like they're not out on Halloween Eve, like they don't care about Halloween. They don't even put decore out.
Speaker 2: They were packed. So I was like, okay, Bo.
Speaker 3: We got into like I think it was Phantom, and there was a line around the block and I was doing like row Schambeau. I was like, come on, no lines, no lines, whammy lines. So I said, okay, Bo, we're gonna wait in this line. We get in, we're gonna go aisle by aisle, and we're gonna focus because I'm like, what do you want to be this school proper? He's like, oh, like crap. Okay. So we get in there, and of course we've been at like three other Halloween stores and I passed this one. I said Minion, Minion and he's like, nah, it was a Minion last year. I'm like, oh, all right, it's a great costume.
Speaker 2: Always relevant.
Speaker 3: Say I'm a lawyer too, always relevant, still on trend, always a good way to go. Talk the kid into it, and he looks cute in men, so he goes you, okay, mom, I've decided I want to be a Minion. No bit sho okay, laser focused. I go to the aisle. Everything is there except Minion. There's a there's a Minion bunting bag for a newborn.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh boy, okay, what are we gonna do? And I was like, hey, Beetlejuice. I was like, big thing this year? What is a demon hunter? Demon slayer? Demon something? I was like, I was like Aladdin, I was like Disney Prince. I was throwing everything that I don't even believe in at the kids to see if it would stick. And he was like, no, no, Minion, and I'm like, okay, buddy, okay, it's not here. And even if it was there, screw the line outside around the corner. The line inside once they allow you in, because they're like two people in, two people in. So I'm thinking they got they got a system here. People go out, people come in. We're gonna be Okay. The line and this is like a mega warehouse type of deal. The line inside to pay it. The cash register is wrapped all the way around the outskirt of the inside of the building. And I'm like, okay, no, we're not doing this. I'm like noe to oneself. I really like the organization here. It's really great. Next year we're coming back here. I say this every year. I'm like, next year, I'm gonna get a handle on Halloween. Well, you know what, let's see. Anyway, I crouched down in the corner and I went to Instacart, and I was like, this is a hail Mary is this is this is our last chance. I put on Instacart because they have Spirit Halloween up until the night Halloween Eve, and I put in Minion. It came up. I see the little thing. If you know no Instacart, it shows like check we found a driver. Check they're driving to the store. Check they have your items in the cart, check a house. They're driving to your house and you can see zero of one item shopped. So I order it. But when I get in the car and he was like, Mom, you promised me pumpkins. I'm like that I did, so I said, okay. We drove to Ralph's. As we're driving, I hear a d she found it. She goes the lines really long. I apologize, I said, apologize, you just saved Halloween. She found it. She found a minion costume. She had it in her cart. She was gonna drop it at the door. You know what, I know, it costs a few dollars extra, but Instacart, what.
Speaker 2: Costume? Kiss to you?
Speaker 3: Like, thank you?
Speaker 2: You saved Halloween. Anyway, we go to Ralphs.
Speaker 3: We go in, We get pumpkins, five pumpkins, one for each of them. We were gonna carve it at night. It's too late now right school in the morning. So my new theory is they had a half day. We're gonna get out tomorrow at twelve o'clock. Half day, minimal day. We're gonna come home, We're gonna pund some fun Halloween music. We're gonna sit outside in our beautiful deck and we're gonna carve pumpkins and have lunch together. And the kids are all happy with that. So I'm like, okay, so bo and I get all our pumpkins. I got six, just because five is like an uneven number. I like even numbers, and hey, I'm the sixth one in the house.
Speaker 2: So we get six good sized pumpkins.
Speaker 3: I get them all into the back of the trunk. I put them in. I'm like, both, everything is working out. This is like in a horror film. Never say I'll be right back, because you won't be back in Tory's life. Never say everything is working out. As soon as I say that, I start to go boom, the trunk flies open. We're down six pumpkins.
Speaker 2: They are rolling, rolling, rolling.
Speaker 3: Oh my voice isn't back yet. Okay, so we're in the parking lot, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: But I mean.
Speaker 3: I might have gunned it for a second just to get us going just a little to start. So they flew and they are rolling. I don't know, I guess the parking lot not very even.
Speaker 2: They are rolling.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, and Bog's mom pumpkins down, and I'm like, oh, that's me putting on the brake. Bo and I jump out of the car. I'm like careful, careful, and they are just rolling and rolling and I'm like run, So we run, we grab them. It's a few scratches, but you can just turn the those around. Shout out to only one woman who stopped and came over and said, oh my god, can I you okay, can I help you? Everyone else just walked by looking at me like dumb ass, and I was like, okay, noted. Kindness goes a long wait people. So anyway, this one woman. But you know me, I'm stubborn, strong, brave, resilient and fault. I say no, no, no, thank you very much. I appreciate you stopping. No one else did we got it. I should have let her help me. So anyway, get all the pumpkins back in, we go home. Median costume Boom at the doors, doorfront, Uh, take it in.
Speaker 2: Bo tries it on, he loves it. It's great.
Speaker 3: I was like, cool, let's go to bed, go to bed. Great wake up. He looked great. At his Halloween parade, great ps. Half the kids weren't even in costume. Half the kids had like a piece of their costume on because this is interesting. This year. If you looked for in the kids section and all the Halloween stores, it was all one inflatable costumes, and I'm like, oh my god, like I don't want my.
Speaker 2: Eight year old to have to deal with that.
Speaker 3: Like if I saw one more like Gina Amost like Skimmity toilet. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: It was like puppy like dinosaur like.
Speaker 3: Uh. They were all inflatable giant ones. The kids had their backpack. They looked miserable in that prey and those inflatables. So as a mom, I was like, eh, I'm not getting him an inflatable.
Speaker 2: And horror costumes in the kids section.
Speaker 3: Horror, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Really for kids size four.
Speaker 3: T that's four toddler h four? What? Anyway, costumes ain't what they used to be, which is why I am the Diyre Hall of Famer. Okay, next day, everything's on track, parade's great, boat's happy, pick him up, All the kids are home from school. We carve our pumpkins. They looked really great. I was crushing them. I'm like, okay, we got some hours till Halloween, till we're going to get the trigger treating everything was good, and then I was like, I don't have a costume. And at this point, you know, you know me, there's no me.
Speaker 2: It's all kids, kids, kids.
Speaker 3: But I really love dressing up. I've always dressed up. And so I said, oh, I don't have a costume, and my kids are like, oh, Mom, you had to put something on, like you don't want to look like you're not in the spirit of Halloween. I'm like, don't say spirit not going there. So I was like, I don't know, you guys, I'll figure it out. I always do. So Pattie and I go to Target and she had to get one last thing for her costume, and I had to get Manti, my dog, some food. So we're in the section and I'm really trying through this process of laying bad for three weeks and having weight too much time to think about my life. It was a good thing.
Speaker 2: Actually, it's like self help, no choice.
Speaker 3: I ran out of Netflix shows to watch, so I'm like, I'm going to go. I'm learning that my instinct is usually dead on, Like when something hits me or I see something, it's not like I'm just randomly seeing it or it hits me. There's a reason for it. It's a sign for something to come. So I'm really trying to tap into that. My brother and I have been talking a lot about it, and my brother's a life coach and he really believes in finding that. And he's like, you're really insightful and intuitive, and you need to trust your intuition better if I'm listening to people. So as we're walking in the dog section, my brain and vision go rip over to the dog toys and there's a lot of different ones. There's a pizza dog toy, like a stuffy like a stuffed slice of pizza. And I was like, something I don't know what it is, is telling me that's my costume. So I grab it and I grab two. I'm like, it could be like a Princess Leiah thing. You know. I loved diy glue gun headband. I'll put two pizza slices on my ears. It was pepperoni, which I love the shade of pepperoni. What's the shade of pepperoni. It's almost like a burgundy mixed with a coral has orange undertones. Oh god, I love a good color palette. Pantones are my jam. Anyway, I'm like, Okay, so I could wear a cute ta pants. Got my things, let's go. I can put little pepperoni like with a lip pencil on my face. So I get them and then I get to the front and Hattie, who is super diy too dushed my kid. She says, mom, what if you make the pepperoni slices a bikini And then one of them is like the bikini bottom. It's like a total bikini, three of them, and I was like, a bikini. I'm not going to wear a bikini. And then I was like, okay, well I can do something with this. So I went back and I got three from my bikini. I got one because now I'm going to like make a pepperoni pizza fascinator. The royals would love me and do like one headband. So it's a skew and I'm like, okay, I got this. And then I'm like, okay, wait, I'm not gonna wear a bikini by itself. So I ran and I found a T shirt that I'm going to cut put.
Speaker 2: The bikini over it, and cute little shorts.
Speaker 3: And then I found a pair of socks that I'm like, I'll cut into leg warmers anyway, Anyway, long story short, I go home and help everyone else get ready and in the meantime make this DIY costume and then food for thought. You guys, remember when I was saying I didn't know why, but when my kids were little, I always made them food costumes. Full circle, You're back to wearing food yourself. That's a little crazy, right, And I didn't even tend this. I made myself a DIY food costume. It's all coming back. So I make this costume. It's I think, super super cute. And I decided like, I'm not gonna you know, you know me, I'm not just gonna be like, huh, what are you slice of pepperoni pizza? So I'm looking for good puns. Of course, in my no time to get everyone ready and get out the door, and I'm like, oh, I'm gonna be you know how, there's D and D. Do you guys know what D and D are is? Yep, showing age Adri for the wind, Dungeons and dragons. So everyone's like, oh, I'm playing D and D. Oh are you D and D?
Speaker 2: It's like that jam.
Speaker 3: So in the spirit of Dungeons and Dragons, I took that D and d and I'm just telling you guys this aka everyone listening here on Instagram. I kind of reeled back so I didn't get dragged.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I know.
Speaker 3: What I am because I have my slice on my boobs slices, I have my slice on my bikini area. And I was like, oh, I'm every basic boys dream Pizza and pussy.
Speaker 2: Classic P and P.
Speaker 3: But for the sake of everyone on Halloween, I just said, I'm the way to a basic boy's heart pizza. I love that.
Speaker 2: So we go.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding though, you guys, and Dean, my ex, went with us. So it was great.
Speaker 2: Everyone got to be together.
Speaker 3: Of Course, I have older teens seventeen and eighteen, and they were.
Speaker 2: Like, we had parties to go to. But here's what I loved. Stella says. I said, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Oh it's happened, and she goes, but mom, I still love trick or treating. Can I come with you guys first, and then I'm going to go. I'm like, yeah, of course. By the way, shout out to our neighborhood that doesn't decorate because of hoa, Bo and Finn went a couple of doors down as we were getting ready. It was still light out, super safe, right on the sidewalk and Bo came back and goes, the guy didn't have candy, but he gave me two fives. I go, you got ten dollars. Great, And then I asked for the address and stop by myself. I know I was gonna say, maybe I need to take a trick or trading in your evehood. I know. I mean it was a boy. He might have liked my costume. Damn, I might have gotten one hundred. Yeah. Anyway, so all the kids come, all five kids, and we have a bunch of their friends with us, and we all pile into two cars. Castella drives now, which is so great. So take us off and we go to the neighborhood that we always traditionally go every single year. We go to Hidden Hills, which is great and it's just tradition for the kids. And they're always like, Mom, there's rich people there. They get full size candy bars. They do. Actually. Uh. So we go there and we drive in, we park and we're walking around. I got to tell you, I can't tell you how many women And Mom stopped me and said last and said, oh my god, I love that costume. And then you know, you always get a vibe for who like has what humor. I was like, oh yeah, Basic Boys dream pizza and they're like, no, it's so good.
Speaker 2: The whole thing's just so funny and good.
Speaker 3: I was like, thank you. And then the ones I was like, okay, I'm intuitive, I can read you. I was like, P and P, pizza and pussy, it's all Basic boys care about. And she's like, oh my god, I love you. So so we're walking and everything's going great and it's crowded and the kids are getting.
Speaker 2: Full size bars because we usually go too late.
Speaker 3: And all the candy's gone and it didn't happen. And we're walking and on one of the big streets, I'm walking and I look up and I'm like, oh, there's Kim k and you know, the Kardashians are famous in hidden Hills, and she's with group and she's dressed as a pink care bear, like just so a onesie. In fact, I had just seen that onesie at Target and it was one of those things that was like I've mentioned like the celebrity nod when celebrities like oh I know you, I know you, so you nod at each other. But it wasn't that I've known Kim like my whole life. We grew up together. She was best friends with my brother. She's a little younger than me, she's my brother's age, and they, I mean, she was over at the manor all the time, Like it was like Paris Kim, Like they were really good friends. So in turn, like we were family friends. I mean, Chris Jenner told Stella that she's her grandma and was like when she was young, and she was like, call me anytime, I'm your grandma.
Speaker 2: That's how like close we are.
Speaker 3: Kylie and Kendall I didn't grow up with they were younger, so I don't know them as well. But Kim, Courtney, Chloe, Chris obviously like I love them.
Speaker 2: They're they're really good humans.
Speaker 3: Anyway. I have this weird thing though, and my best friend Miran has always said it. When I was younger and we'd be out at like Hollywood parties or clubs and there'd be other celebrities. He'd be like, so and so is looking over here, like kind of trying to get your attention, like do you see them? And I was like not looking, and I'm like I see them, and he's like, say hi. They want to say hi to you, and you won't even like meet their eyes, like, and I said no, and he's like, why that makes you look rude, And I'm like, no, it's not that. It's a confidence thing, like I get so nervous. You wouldn't know. I'm sure right and with the public and with fans, I'm able to pull it together to be kind and give them joy. But when it comes to me, or perhaps it's also because my whole life, people want to talk to me because I'm famous that I'm like anyone famous. I'm like, let me give them a break. They don't want to talk to people. They just want to be with their friends and have fun.
Speaker 2: So it's me, it's not them.
Speaker 3: But I'm really good at clocking people, so out of the corner of my eye, without like letting her know I'm looking at her, I can see that she looks at me, she talks, says something to her friend. They look over at me, and I'm like, oh, Kim sees I'm here. I know Kim's here, and I'm like, I haven't seen her in so long, And I was like, God, it'd be great to reconnect, and I walked away and didn't, and I was kind of bummed at myself because I was like, I grew up with Paris and we were friends for years and lost touch, and I recently went to her housewarming party and we reconnect and we've stayed in touch and weren't such a different peer in our lives now that we're both moms and we've gone through so much, and it was just like.
Speaker 2: It felt really good.
Speaker 3: It felt good to put myself back out there and reconnect with people that were a part of my childhood, part of my formative years. And anyway, so I love Paris, but in my head, I'm like, you just reconnected with Paris again. You guys are back and friends again. You should reconnect with Kimmy. You guys were always really great together. But I couldn't. I was nervous. So then I walked and kept walking, and then all of a sudden, I see Jessica Simpson and I'm like, Okay, these are like signs coming at me. Trust my signs that I'm supposed to reconnect with people I used to be friends with in the Hollywood circle. Sorry this sounds so weird, but not trust here so for some reason, I don't know why, and she, like Kim, had tons of people around her. I'm making excuses. I was nervous to go up, but Jessica was just by herself, walking with kids like it was like, not as big a deal. But I took note and I said, you know what, I'm in my changing face. I am shedding the old you know, things that didn't serve me. And Brian Green says, Tory two point zero. Toy two point zero needs to step out of her comfort box and move forward and evolve. So I walked up to her. I'm like Jessica, and she's like, Hi, give.
Speaker 2: Each other a big hug.
Speaker 3: Haven't seen each other in probably twenty five years. Maybe interesting fact she was a serial killer. She had cereal boxes DII wide all over herself and here I am with pizza. I felt pretty silly with my pizza head piece. But anyway, give her a big hug. And she looks at me, knowing because we both know what we've both been going through, right, and she goes, how are you? And you know, when fans asked me how are you? I put on a brave face. I don't know. I don't lie.
Speaker 2: I say okay or doing well.
Speaker 3: She goes, how are you like that, like knowing like I know you've been through some shit. And I was like eh, and I go, how are you looking at her? Knowing she's been through some shit? And she's like eh. And I go, well, we're still standing and she goes yep, got to keep going and I go no other choice and she goes nope. And it was this like beautiful quick banter where it's like we didn't have to catch up for twenty five years. We were just like we're on the same page. And we took a photo together. I was like, love you, love you, gave her a hug and walked away, and I was like in my mind, I'm like, okay, I got to keep in touch with like like she understands she's going through similar things I'm going through, Like it would probably be nice to have someone that kind of is on the same parallel. Anyway, So I walk away from her and I see Kim again. Now I'm feeling all confident. I'm like, that was beautiful, Okay, new toy.
Speaker 2: I got this. I'm gonna say hi to.
Speaker 3: My old friends. So at this point, Kim has moved up a little bit. She's beyond me.
Speaker 2: She's like a little past me.
Speaker 3: And she's walking with her friends and kids. And I'm like, oh, I'm gonna go in. Nope, she's past me. And so Dean comes up and he said, I said, oh, I just saw Jessica Simpson. He knows me so well.
Speaker 2: And he goes and you talked to her, and I.
Speaker 3: Go, yeah, knew me. I went up and said hi. He's like, I'm so proud of you because he would always in the past encourage me, like you know, these people go say hi.
Speaker 2: They want to say hi to you, like say hi. And I said, oh, Kim.
Speaker 3: Kardashian's here, and he's like, did you say hi? And I said, oh, no, I kind of saw her. And then now now she's up there, and he said you should go say hi. And I said, I don't know. I'm feeling real confident like Jessica and I just had a great conversation and a great heart to heart within seconds. And I said I don't know, I don't know. And he said no, no, no, no, no, you should go say hi. And I said, okay, fine, I'll do it. So, like I said, she's a little bit ahead of me. With the group, and so I literally my heart's pounding, and I'm like, you got this, you got this. I wasn't saying it out loud, that'd be creepy. There were people around, but in my head, I'm like, you got this, you got this. And then you know when you have that one fight or flight moment, and I was just like and go time.
Speaker 2: So I stepped it all in and I was like whoa.
Speaker 3: I was like in my head and I literally turned to the left, her groups ahead of me, and I go Kim, and I have my arms out, like my hands out like I'm going into like like hi wave, She'll turn around, be like toy. And as I do this, a bodyguard comes out of nowhere and boom, an arm blocking me right across me and he goes, excuse me, I'm sorry no, And I was like, oh my god. And in my head here's what went on. Wow. Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 2: She's a huge celebrity. Every fan the world is always.
Speaker 3: Like Jim, Kim, Kam Kim, and here I am just her old friend Tory from thirty years ago. And I bum rushed Kim Kardashian and then got like body slammed by her bodyguard. Now I've replayed this many times I have. I felt so shamed. My heart dropped into my feet and I was like, I'm never saying anyone again. Here we go. See, Dean was really great about it. He talked me through. I mean, there was one second in me that wanted to say no, no, no, Hi, it's Tori Spelling.
Speaker 2: I grew up with Kim.
Speaker 3: Can you ask her she knows me, like, to try to validate myself. She had already moved ahead. She never heard me say Kim. She never saw me at that moment. And you know what, the bodyguard didn't know who I was. He was doing his job. And actually, and when I say he body slammed me, he didn't hurt me at all. They're very professional. He just put an arm right across me like nope, you're not walking any further. He was very kind. So I don't want to say that I'm saying he was means me. It wasn't that at all. He was doing his job, and you know, he was just like, here's some crazy bitch with pizza all over her like and then he was like, ooh is that pepperoni? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But I did walk away and.
Speaker 3: I was like oom bom, like I felt like such an idiot.
Speaker 2: And I said to Dean, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I told him what happened, and he had watched the whole thing from Afar, and I said, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, this stuff like this has.
Speaker 3: Happened to me. When I'm out and there's like a lot of fans and we have bodyguards, like some crazy girl just comes Tory, like the body's guard's gonna be like no, no, no, no no. And I was like, in my head, I pronounced it so much. I was like, oh my god, I bum rush her, like it was like in slow motion in my head playing out that.
Speaker 2: I was like curl.
Speaker 3: Like hands stretch, lunging at her. And Dean's like, I watched the whole thing. You barely did anything. You were just like Kim. And I was like, are you sure, And he's like yeah, and he's like, reach out to her, let her know that you tried to say hi at Halloween. I'm like, I don't know. I was like, oh my god. I came home and I was like I cannot believe that that just happened. Of course it did. It's my life.
Speaker 2: But AnyWho, that's pretty I would be upset.
Speaker 3: You would okay, yeah, fair, I would be totally humiliated.
Speaker 2: In my head. I'm not saying you should.
Speaker 3: Be, but I totally would be like horrified, horrified. Especially I'm telling you guys and Danne, you know me well, like.
Speaker 2: It's so ingrained in me.
Speaker 3: I'm an extroverted introvert, Like it's it's my worst nightmare to actually say hi to someone and get like blocked by the anyway, I'm just saying, Kim, if you happen, if this gets back to you, slid into.
Speaker 2: My DMS, I just wanted to say hi.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, I got home and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I text my brother right away.
Speaker 3: I call him Jeanie. His middle name is Jeane Randall Jean spelling, and I'm like, Genie, I'm like, this happen. He goes, no, because Kim was his friend, like you know, forever, and he's like no, and he's like, oh, tee, you know she loves you, And I'm like, she didn't even see. I'm like, just he goes, this would only happen to you, and I will you. I can't believe you haven't reached out to her. You should absolutely reach out to her. That's why I have this podcast.
Speaker 2: This text for the episode wants.
Speaker 3: Kim. I stupidly, when we both saw each other didn't come up and say hi to you. I should have come up and given you a hug and say hi my old friend, and I didn't, and I'm bum that we didn't get to connect. So so reach out. I'm proud of everything you've done. I love you anyway. So that was Halloween. We came home, everyone had a great time. It went smoothly, except I was exiled from Kim kardashian motourage. It sounds so much better to be like I bum rushed. Kim Kardashian was body slammed by her bodyguard. I literally was picturing him like tackling you onto the ground and like your fake Pasa flying off of you. Oh my god, that I mean it was. It didn't hurt at all, but he came the arm right in, right across, like under my shoulder blades, and that was like, whoa, I mean, any lower you might have popped a tit and an implant. I know we need to film a reenactment kind of and it's slow moment. I'm like then he's like no, I'm just imagine if I said to him, just ask her.
Speaker 2: She knows me.
Speaker 1: Okay, pal, okay, you with a pizza on your head. O. The funny part is I was taking pictures because Hidden Hills has great the white.
Speaker 3: Fences and the beam lights. It's like great lighting. So when we were driving out, I was like, I have no picture on my costume. There's no proof it happened. And so I asked you and I said, hey, will you take a picture? And he did, and I'm like, crowds down because I thought it was funny because the pizza goes like a pie in between you know, you're but it was like a cute little lungey like I thought it was artsy whatever. A golf cart goes by and these teenagers go, oh god, that's so my mom. She would dress like that. No, yeah, meaning not age appropriate. Yeah, I know, I don't dress age appropriate. I don't care. On my Instagram, I posted my costume and so I mean I would say ninety five percent. People were like, that's so funny, so cute, adorable, love it. I love your creativity. You're funny, Da da da. But you know, there's always the snarky ones that are just like they always say the same thing. It's like, get original, like get creative with what you're gonna say, Like, let me think of a pun for you instead of just being like.
Speaker 2: Dress or age like dress age appropriate and.
Speaker 3: It's like, why you, guys, I just had an exorcism. I saw my life flight out of my nose mouth and ass like, I don't want to dress my age. Life is too short to not dress how you want and feel good.
Speaker 2: But by the way, it's a costume, you know.
Speaker 3: I get that all the time. Though I'll wear overalls and people are like, dress your age. I'm like, God, you know what a sad event it is when a woman is like, oh, I can't wear that, but I respond to it. It speaks to me, it brings me joy, but I'm too old to wear it. No, e like, age shouldn't limit us. We limit ourselves, not our actual number of age. Like do what you want because you know what it's gonna be over one day, and do what you want. Amen's sister, whooh preach God. I am back with a vengeance you guys. I missed you, guys. I miss I was in my bed speaking in my head because I had no one to talk to. My kids would help take care of me, but they didn't want it to hear me like blah blah blah. And I was too stick to even Ruth and those.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even text.
Speaker 3: It's a dark day when I can't text, like I'm a texter. And I was like, boy, she really must be sick. Yeah, she's sick, but like just you know, thinking about life. So it's so nice to be back and have an outlet and I can tell my stories because my stories I hope bring you joy, but they bring me joy to be able to talk and share my experiences. So thank you, misspelling audience. I love you guys very much. Oh I'm gonna leave you on this note. We go to Halloween Horror Night's at Universal every single year. It is a family tradition. Anna Stagia Leie love her. She always helps us out and gets us. You know, we we get the sorry guys, I know, not normal, but we do get a tour and we get all that and we post. But it's such a special experience and she I've been doing it for like ten years or longer. So and it's so nice when my kids got older because I used to go with my girlfriends, and it's like it got to the point where my kids were old enough to go. Obviously Bo can't go, but Liam and Stella, Hattie and Finn went, and we want some friends and you know, the people that we care about that we go every year with. And I kept pushing it and I kept saying, I'm sorry, I'm so sick, I'm so sick. We were just in the like second week of October, and I was like, I don't know what I'm going to do. And she was so nice. She was like, don't worry, don't worry. We'll get you another date. We'll get you another date. And then at one point she was like, do you just want someone to bring the kids? Will allow that because I know it's so special to them. And I was like, hey, I'm coming. I'm going to make it happen. So we went on the very last night, second to last night on Saturday, and it was you know, Halloween was over, but what a nice extension of Halloween to get to go, and it did not disappoint. It was amazing as usual. So thank you, Hollywood Horror Nights Universal. We love you so much. Dedicated to you for the rest of my life. Had a great time. And so the movie Megan, which is like the you know robot doll that kills like is a big thing there. It was big last year. The Megan character is like everywhere this year and like all like other mazes, she appears and stuff. I can say this now because it's over this year. But there's one part where you know, there's like black phone two and you can like they're there and you can take a picture with them in the phone booth, and you know, Norman Bates is always there at the Psycho Motel and you can take a picture and he pretends like he's stobbing you and you're like, oh, so the Megan thing is set up, and you know they're very they usher people in, you know, so everything moves along responsibly. So they're bringing people up, and they everyone comes to her left side because of where she's positioned. Everyone comes to her left side because where she's positioned, and they I don't break character, and my kids come through. My kids come through. It's my turn. I don't want to hold things up. But I'm like, oh my god. So the way she's positioned, because the sets behind her in the lights and they want people to keep moving. Everyone comes over to her left side, takes a photo, and then they move people out. So I come in and I'm like in my head, I'm like, this is my bad side. Okay. So I literally walk up to her and I go, this is my bad side. I'm sorry, and she breaks character. She looks over and she goes, I got you, and.
Speaker 2: She switched places.
Speaker 3: She switched places so I could have my right side showing, and then she went right back to like the mannequin afterwards, and I was like, oh my god, this is genius. I felt like Barbara storysin do you guys know this story?
Speaker 2: So Barbara's and so Jay.
Speaker 3: Leno infamously like famously the desk and all of the guests sit on the couch to his right, you know, years on the Tonight Show and Barbara Streisan, I think, is the only person because she has one good side that for every time she came on, they literally moved the set so she was on the other side of him. Anyway, popa, do you hear me? Megan heard me?
Speaker 2: I felt heard.
Speaker 3: So you know, hey, two out of three ain't bat kim honestly text me