Speaker 1: Good morning, usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Charlamagne, the god peace to the planet is Friday, Yes, it's Friday.
Speaker 2: Good money. What's happening we here? How you feeling? Let's black and holly favored.
Speaker 3: Man drop a bomb for my son Jackson. Yesterday he got the game ball for his baseball team yesterday. So congratulations to Jackson. He was super duper excited.
Speaker 2: What do you do to win the game?
Speaker 4: Boll?
Speaker 2: How good of a game is a well?
Speaker 3: He got a two hits. He got a single and a double. Hit it into the outfield. But you know, when you're eight years old, when you smack it into the outfield, that's a big thing.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So he smacked into the outfield yesterday, got a double and then had an RBI.
Speaker 2: So that's dope.
Speaker 1: Dominicans get their kids playing baseball early, man, not getting them started early.
Speaker 5: Not dominicanserned black. No, I'm black.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm black, and you know what, I'm glad you said that because Rob Parker will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 5: He's a sports analyst, sports.
Speaker 2: Writer, legendary sports analyst, sports and.
Speaker 3: I was talking to somebody yesterday shout to Jason Griffith. You know he works at Sony Records. He's a record promoter out there. He hit me yesterday and was like, Yo, you don't know how much of a legend Rob is.
Speaker 6: That's what you mean.
Speaker 3: It was like when I was a kid, he would actually coach the young kids how to play baseball. He was his first coach and was trying to get minorities into playing baseball back in Queens.
Speaker 2: So salute to Rob Parker. I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he was a coaching coaching little league and did all that.
Speaker 1: Well, tell Jason, of course we know how much of a legend Rob Parker is. That's why he's on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: This morning.
Speaker 1: I saw Rob in the street. It was like, oh, shoot, Rob Parker, you know what I mean. That's so, yes, we know how much of a legend Rob Parker is. He's got a website in a podcast called MLB bro dot Com. And I think it's dope because you know, Rob is, like you said, he's trying to get more black people into baseball baseball, right, I mean, so it's dope even though your children are Dominican.
Speaker 5: And my children are not Dominican, they're black.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I love that, and I love the fact that growing up in Queen's, you know, it was hard to play baseball because there weren't too many big baseball teams out there. So like I had to go to Long Island and play baseball. I know, certain areas, like know Rosedale and Queen's had baseball, but there was basketball everywhere. There was football, soccer because it's a very Caribbean town and Queens I grew up like in a Haitian town, so like soccer was big.
Speaker 2: Oh so mad Haitians and Dominicans.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say Dominicans. I said I grew up in a Haitian town, a Haitian area, and it was heavy soccer, footballers what they called it. So who else we got this morning?
Speaker 2: All right? We got to hot the brothers from Power.
Speaker 3: You know, that's Lavell, Adams, Gray and Woodie MacLean.
Speaker 5: They'll be joining us to sayn and.
Speaker 2: Drew will be here this morning, that's right, okay.
Speaker 3: And also over the weekend they're doing a huge doula ex bo all right, and Latham Thomas was putting it, put it on a glow. She'll be joining us this morning to talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: This is the third Doula ex Bowl. I spoke at Dula ex Bowl last year. Latham Mama Glow as we call her. She is my family's dula. She delivered my last two.
Speaker 3: Now, for people who don't know what a doula does, because I've never had to do a live six kids, what does the dula do during everything?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 1: The daddy don't do everything the daddy's supposed to be doing, but meaning providing emotional support, even though I was providing emotional support, but not like she does.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's not even just like during the actual birth.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, for the eight nine months leading up to the berth you know, just constantly with the with the wife, making sure the wife is you know, taking the proper things that she should be taking, and you know, just just damn for them. You know, she can explain it better than I can. She was there for two years, right, dude, the last two, the last two, Yeah, showed you how much I was paying attention.
Speaker 2: I just was.
Speaker 6: Games.
Speaker 2: I still remember one thing in particular. I remember.
Speaker 1: My wife was supposed to have gone in the labor already, but it hadn't. And I remember Latham telling her to take some a couple of cast oiler, and I remember she went in the label that night after taking that cup of cast oil. Usually they say a couple of cast oil, but like a shot some cast oil, some cast oil, right, I remember that, right, and the cast oil meaning not because somebody remember the acupunctu too. It was the far fourth child. It was the same thing as the baby was supposed to be there that week. It's like, do someax punks just s max punks? And I think the baby she went in the labor that day that night, ye.
Speaker 3: Because usually they say sex or if the mom walks, so they tell the mom to walk around them.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: That's not like the stuff y'all googled. I'm not saying that don't work. But you know, we never had any stuff to do.
Speaker 2: Le't provide it.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's get the show crack and we got front page. She was coming up teslaing, figure out will be joining us.
Speaker 2: It don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. But everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Charlamage, the God. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front.
Speaker 1: Page news now, teslaing figure over is here, come on the test, whisper up.
Speaker 7: Good morning, DJ V and Charlemagne.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling.
Speaker 7: I'm feeling good. Glad it's Friday.
Speaker 5: You and me both. Let's get right into it now.
Speaker 1: Last night the Sports, the Nuggets beat the Lakers one of eight, one o three.
Speaker 2: The Lakers were up by like twelve at one.
Speaker 3: Point, but couldn't hold down the Nugget and Nuggets will lead that series two zero.
Speaker 2: And I think the Nuggets going win it all.
Speaker 1: Personally, I mean, I picked Golden State at the beginning of the year, but I think the Nugge's gonna win it all.
Speaker 3: Now, let's get into some news now. White supremacist label is the same as saying the N word.
Speaker 8: Yes, according to Marjorie Taylor Green. At a press conference, the far right Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Green spoke about a confrontation outside the capitol of the day before with the New York Democratic Congressman Jamal Bowman. Green said that Bowman was shouting at the top of his lungs, cursing, calling me a white supremacist, which I take great offense to that. It's like calling a person of color the N word, which should never happen. Calling me a white supremacist is equal to that, and.
Speaker 7: That is wrong.
Speaker 8: Now, Representative Jamal Bowman did respond. Let's take a listen to what he had to say. We'll talk about on the other side.
Speaker 9: Majority Taylor Green in her press conference this morning, I said something incredibly dangerous and incredibly reckless about mamm talking about my demeanor as being aggressive and saying that she feels intimidated a lot. Unfortunately, this country has a history of characterizing black men who are outspoken, who's standing their ground and who pushed back as being threatening or intimidating. So she's not even using a dog with her, she's using a bullhorn to put a target on my back to the people that she refers to as maga, people out there who might want to cause harm.
Speaker 2: This is the same reason why Mike Brown was killed through the Congressman Jamal Bowman.
Speaker 1: I like that brother a lot, and he's absolutely right, you know what I mean, And she know what she was doing. It's the same reason It's the same way when you see that young lady, that white woman this week with the city bikes. When she started yelling and scream, you know what I mean, because the brothers had the city bikes.
Speaker 2: She started yelling help help, They started crying fake and all that. They know how to weaponize, they whiteness when they need to.
Speaker 5: All right, well that is front page.
Speaker 1: And question, is it's safe to call the white person a white supremacist if they call me an inWORD, it's pretty safe.
Speaker 7: I think quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Here, like, yeah, they call me an inWORD. I don't prefer white supremacists. I prefer cracking ass cracking. That's my either, that's my retort of choice. O work, yes, all right, all right, well get it off your chest. We'll see in a couple of minutes. Test eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent again, hit us up eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: I just want to tell you people about uh out there, about road rage.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine yesterday was in Atlanta and uh, the light change. He beat the horn and the guy in front of him didn't move, so he beat the horn again, and the guy pulled her on the side of him, was like, yo, you have a little patience.
Speaker 5: So my man was like, you know, the light change, I'm just beating, letting you know.
Speaker 1: It's like I been at few.
Speaker 3: So my man was like a few pulled off right. Guy pulls up on the side of him. He goes, hey, your nigga. My man looks he's raising with mace in the car.
Speaker 2: The black dude's braiding with mace.
Speaker 1: No, the white dude's braid the black dude mace. And that's nasty. That ain't funny.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 1: Man, you yell hay n word, you get full of mace. Definitely, God damn. And he couldn't do nothing.
Speaker 3: So the first thing you do is you try to wipe your eyes, and it makes it worse. So now he was stuck at the light. He couldn't chase the guy could do.
Speaker 1: It could have been way worse than twenty twenty three. I told him that America likes to to leave people alone, especially when it comes to that roll rage.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I say the same thing. But clearly that was a white racist in that car, Absolu. Clearly that was a white supremacist.
Speaker 2: Clearly if you lead with.
Speaker 5: Hand word yes, clearly, all.
Speaker 2: Right, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open. It's a Friday. Let us know how you feel.
Speaker 2: See Rick rossmitting this morning on my guy.
Speaker 5: But what's he saying?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 5: What's he saying?
Speaker 2: We talked about it when we get back. Somebody just sent me this.
Speaker 1: That's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Come on, who's this concern lunch lady.
Speaker 5: Concern lunch lady, Good morning, concern lunch lady. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: I love, by the way, I love lunch ladies.
Speaker 1: My grandmother was a lunch lady at Already Intermediate school in Monks Corner, South Carolina.
Speaker 10: Well, we thank you for the metal area, hey, okay, and yes, my concern is they always taught the politicians always talking about giving teachers and bus drivers raises, and what about bus driver? What about custodians and cafeterity of work? That's right, just a TRD we're the only ones that see every student in the building.
Speaker 2: That's right, every day.
Speaker 10: Would we make less than six hundred bucks every fifteen days? And it's no big deal because then I.
Speaker 1: Never even thought about how much my grandmother me. My grandmother was a lunch lady and my cousin.
Speaker 5: You never think about it.
Speaker 3: My cousin Gloria was a lunch lady. But you absolutely you deserve. You definitely deserve raises. You definitely have to deal with some crazy kids sometimes, so you definitely deserve all the love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you appreciate you.
Speaker 10: And my cousin you and y'all have.
Speaker 11: A box day.
Speaker 1: And my grandma's cousin, Miss Francis, was a lunch lady. Because all of them was cool, you know what I mean, Like my cousin Gloria and my grandma used to live by each other, and my cousin Francis used to live up the street from what they were all lunch ladies.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 12: This is it falling in Indy?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 12: I just want to blast Howard University. They need to give a little bit more money and loans. I'm sorry the scholarship.
Speaker 3: You're saying Howard University should be giving more back to the students.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, well we'll blast my dad. I never I never mind University.
Speaker 6: You're from Hampton.
Speaker 2: You're from Hampton.
Speaker 1: I don't mind when somebody no, I'm from Florida.
Speaker 12: I am from Florida. And it don't make sense. My daughter get accepted in so many other schools for our poverra, but Howard Universities offering the list the littlest money than the other schools, and she looks forward to sitting a black excellent school.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. Was the other schools that gave them more scholarship money?
Speaker 5: Were they HBCUs.
Speaker 12: They're no, they're not HBC.
Speaker 5: And that's part of the problem.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, you know, and and and shout.
Speaker 5: To Howard, shouting all the HBCUs.
Speaker 3: A lot of the HBCUs don't have the money to give scholarships like a lot of these PWI schools do.
Speaker 5: And that's the problem.
Speaker 3: So we have to make sure as alumni that we donate, that we go to those galas, that we make sure we send money back to our schools in funnel money back to those colleges so that they can give kids scholarships and can give kids book scholarships and jobs and all those other days.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of time.
Speaker 3: They just don't have it, Mama, because they don't have the endowment that a lot of these other colleges do have.
Speaker 2: They can't give you what they don't got.
Speaker 1: You're right, and I got in there, and I don't ever want us to I don't ever want people to think we're not practicing what we preaching because I have an endowment front at South Carolina State University and my grandmother's name, actually my grandmother, who was a lunch lady, called the Ford Family Scholarship.
Speaker 3: And we just recently had a gala we could go in the city for having university. I think we raised over one hundred thousand dollars, and that exactly is for that for that student that might just need a couple of dollars to graduate but can't afford it, so that money will go to them. I don't remember the collective that put it on, but I was there. THEA was there, Kendrick g was there, A demo, was there, so many people, so many people were there, DJ precise and they donated they raised over one hundred thousand dollars. So those are the things that we try to do to give back to those universities, so to make sure that the students can have the scholarships that is as well needed. But get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: For Newday.
Speaker 1: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Whether you're mad or blessed something, get up and get something.
Speaker 6: Call up now.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 5: It's at work Edwar Good morning, Get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: Good morning. I was calling because I'm still bless us to another day and be out free whatever. I had a road raised incident with this lady trying to run me off the road with even with our kids in a car, and I had a fire on shot at her, but then had a call of police and all that.
Speaker 2: Why you fire a shot at the lady.
Speaker 4: Because she was running me off the road.
Speaker 2: And what happened?
Speaker 1: When did they wrest you or did they drop the charges?
Speaker 4: Well, they actually trying to charge them with it at first, what aggravator saw the weapon? But I had witnesses on my side, but the case got dropped.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Now, I know they say for every reaction is equal and opposite reaction, and you can't tell somebody how to react, But I've never thought about that as self defense. But I guess it is right. If somebody's trying to run you off the road and you feel like your life is in danger, can you use or stand your ground type of mentality with that?
Speaker 6: But I feel like.
Speaker 3: It'd be hard to beat because I think most people will be like, well, you could stop the car.
Speaker 5: You ain't got to keep driving.
Speaker 3: You could just stop the car unless you feel threatened like they're you know, charging at you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if she had pulled a gun on you.
Speaker 1: Then you would see it. But I can see that somebody like you could just stop the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah right. I wouldn't think I was gonna beat either. But even eighteen Whellow was trying to run her off the road at bad she was trying to swerve everybody.
Speaker 2: Off the road.
Speaker 4: I'm like, why would you put you even put your kids in danger like that?
Speaker 2: Hold on. So you saw the kids in the car with her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kids idential, Yeah, I know. I was trying to aim to it, like not that the kids, but just at the driving, try to throw her down or something, trying to but people just don't do what they want to do regardless. And she was laughing at the whole time like it didn't even matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not no lawyer, no law enforcement, but I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see how you win that kid. Who if you saw a car full of kids and you still fire a shot?
Speaker 2: I get it. I can't tell nobody how to react with man. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 4: You trained?
Speaker 15: Any showing of the guy just a back to his clerk.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Hey Jessica, good morning. Get her off your chest.
Speaker 15: Okay, So I really want to update the other day, and I just want to try to tell me if I'm bugging this dude, so basically what happened to still want it?
Speaker 4: To take me out?
Speaker 15: I'm like, all right, could not Colum. We ended up going out ter Chrish and you know, everything's being good. And I eventually asked him what is it that he was working for them? And I got the impression that he was not trying to to be in something serious. So I'm like, okay, you no problem. As soon as the girl came, I told the waiter to split the check. He's like, oh, no, no, no, I'm gonna no, no, no, no. I pay for my own food and he pays for your own food. I don't want you to waste your money spending. I don't want you to waste your money spending on the girl that you don't want to be in a relationship with. And he was just looking at me my craziness. When I was doing too much. He took me home and then I pulled out more money to give.
Speaker 2: Him down money. What are you.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 15: I'm I'm not trying to say that I'm an independent woman. I just sit down and believed that.
Speaker 4: Look, if I'm.
Speaker 15: Gonna say if I want a dude to go ahead, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, take me now.
Speaker 15: I want him to know what he wants you show me. Don't sit there and say, oh, I want to sit there and casual day and see you know, like what's out there? Like, no, that's the case. Why can't you say, oh, let's go hang out and eat.
Speaker 1: Well, you did tell you what he wanted. You just didn't like what he said. He said he wasn't really looking for a stared relationship.
Speaker 4: Well, but don't.
Speaker 15: But do you believe that casual dating is like a waste of time?
Speaker 1: I mean I don't. But you know you're old. I don't know how old you are. You might be looking for something.
Speaker 15: Because I'm thirty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're clearly looking for something more serious. So to you, yes, casual dating is a waste of time. But don't you have to casual date and ordering somebody to find somebody?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Well I agree, I have to disagree. I just said that. It's trying to like. I feel like if you said that they want to go ahead of any casual date, I feel like they just don't know what they want.
Speaker 2: You can't be picking rings after the first dinner, baby, that's a lady. You can't pick rings after the first date.
Speaker 1: Like you know, you're gonna have to do some casual dating in order to find that person that you want to spend the rest of your life with.
Speaker 2: Levels to this relationship thing, I would think.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well get it off your chest eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one.
Speaker 5: If you need the vent you.
Speaker 1: Can hit us up now. We got rumors on the way, and when we come back, we're gonna find out why Rick Roth told Envy bowed down Bade boy. I'm not going back and forth with that fat man, but we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: We'll be fat. He's still fat.
Speaker 5: Damn he's overweight, he's chunky.
Speaker 3: He can't fit in some of the cars that I drive or purchase a by whoa, he has to stay with the mold school cars because those are those cars.
Speaker 6: Are big for real? WHOA?
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Noah?
Speaker 3: I mean, but I get it. I mean, it's's like it's Grabby and Ben b that grip that in his house. Whoa Eddie Murphy slept in his bed. The castle Boomerang slept in his bed.
Speaker 1: The Mexican he a legedly slapped was coming to come in America.
Speaker 2: They all slept in his bed.
Speaker 5: The cast the.
Speaker 1: Boomerang they sat boom rang there too. They all slept in his Bam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember the movie Boomerang that was on the series on HBO whatever it was. They did it after because here in the house, Dad, he slept in his bad.
Speaker 2: What's ro Dad?
Speaker 3: Let me what what celebrity you know that rent their house out that they sleep at. Would you rent your house out where.
Speaker 2: You sleep at? I think you got mad houses.
Speaker 1: No, that's where he sleeps.
Speaker 3: For the question, when you out your house that you sleeping what's celebrity? Why didn't you know that's in the one percent that rents out the house. You think jay Z would have people in his house to sleep in his back Could we.
Speaker 1: Wait till reported Murphy got them all on his bed and that's where he sleep What is wrong.
Speaker 2: With you, Eddie Murphy sleeping in somebody bed?
Speaker 6: It's crazy. Cut this out.
Speaker 1: It's the Breakfast Club, will be back, Rumor Report, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Won't you say a word?
Speaker 1: It's the world's most dangerous morning show to Breakfast Club, Charlamagne and God dj Envy. It's time for the Rumor Report, and today Rick Ross is sending a message to DJ Envy about their car shows.
Speaker 6: Side of this.
Speaker 2: Name or you gossip been on you chatting God?
Speaker 6: This is the Rumor Report.
Speaker 7: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: This is where the tea spells right right on the Breakfast Club. Now all week long, we've been playing Rick Ross from drink Champs. Rick Ross had some things to say about DJ Envy's car show, and you know, Rick Ross does his own car show and they've been kind of having a light back and forth, but Rick Ross has escalated things with this message that he sent to DJ Envy about their car shows.
Speaker 16: Let's listen and since we on our car show, dj Envy, you will never be on my level car shows with rappers.
Speaker 2: And my dead homies. WHOA so what you're doing.
Speaker 16: In Memphis, that's for Dolphin. I believe off legacy to live on. But make sure every penny you make, you dope, you donate the doph family.
Speaker 6: Envy.
Speaker 16: Don't nobody build cars to come to your car show, Envy. Don't nobody drive from out of state to come to your car show. Envy, the Beige Rage. Make sure them people got everything they need. Envy and Memphis, y'all better hold Envy, do it hey? Envy? When you go to Houston, that's trade show, nigga. Everywhere you go, you you rip them. People gotta put you out by what four o'clock? This is my frent yard by Beige Boy.
Speaker 2: Now before you reply, you breathe, you breathe.
Speaker 1: Turning your for don't take off, take off right now?
Speaker 2: Don't you do this?
Speaker 1: You put something nice happy turn my themes?
Speaker 2: Put baby shark on now, don't you dare?
Speaker 5: Let's let's be honest.
Speaker 1: Right Oh god, Ross, you airbnb your home.
Speaker 3: You gotta stuff the house that you sleeping in me stopping Eddie Murphy's slept in your bag? Is this they shot coming to America and Eddie Murphy man milk your bed.
Speaker 1: Whoa so you said Eddie Murphy didn't just come to America. He came in America on Rick Across's bed. You need to cast of boomerang. They shot at your crib they slept in your bed.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Tho?
Speaker 2: He rented his house to them?
Speaker 1: The house. Let me ask you a question, because you question anything in this segment. You think jay Z would rent the crib out that he sleeps at you He just talked about the one percent. You think jay Z would rent the crib out that he sleeps in. Fifty Cent would never he's slept in that he lives in. He fifty cent has never. He didn't live in the house in Connectic never. Any of your favorite rappers, Little Wayne, you think littl Wayne would rent out the crypt that he sleeps and have another man putting man milk in his bed. Keep saying this because you stop saying this, you don't notice to be true.
Speaker 2: And I don't even know why you're doing.
Speaker 3: He rented the crib cry but that's where he lives. I got more than one house, but people don't sleep in mind.
Speaker 1: Talk about your cast. You're being for the community. I tried to put that's.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 6: That's here.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't have to be here by five, but Eddie Murphy comes at seven to men.
Speaker 2: Listen, could you just keep your cast, you about the community. Stop being petty? Come you pay boy, fat boy, you are you are page.
Speaker 16: If you have untlop pressure, you're in before twelve, done your beauties and before.
Speaker 1: Twelve stop people have diaby. A lot of us have diabetas out in before twelve, A lot of us don't have got might be safe spaces.
Speaker 5: Stop and yeah, yet you're absolutely right. That was cute.
Speaker 3: You put a young Dolph, you know, you had a little young Dolph rug. That was very cute. But we do things for the community. I'm not that guy that's gonna charge somebody five hundred dollars to get in because I couldn't sleep with myself.
Speaker 2: There you bring it back in there you go.
Speaker 3: So what we do is we charge with people like me when I grew up and I couldn't afford certain things, and we were looking for that discount.
Speaker 5: That's why we start our prices.
Speaker 3: At nineteen ninety nine, because we want families to come. We want families to enjoy. Family can't pay five hundred dollars, and we get people from all over the country that come to our car shows.
Speaker 2: And besides third Russ.
Speaker 3: Rules, you're talking about all these things, I'm doing it with Paper Route, which is the company that Young Dolph owned.
Speaker 1: You, so a lot of the money is going to the family.
Speaker 3: Uh, duh, I'm doing it with paper Route. I'm doing it with his company.
Speaker 2: Yes, you idiot, soud y'all stop now, don't do that.
Speaker 3: But that's but that's the reason why Young Dolph. If you go to Young Doll's page, Young Doll's page actually posted it and actually posted the museum and the car show rules. So when we talk about those things, when I ask you, is it quality over quantity?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have two hundred three hundred cars. Yeah, you're absolute right. Most of them are trash.
Speaker 2: Their garbage.
Speaker 3: Now if you go through mind their quality, car enthusies, collectibles. But I'm not here to talk about that because I'm not going back and forth with you.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't have to.
Speaker 5: No, it's it's not.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not going back and forth with you because I understand you're not selling tickets, so you have to continue to go think about it. I haven't said anything. You started with the drink champs. You started that just tells me.
Speaker 2: Your doing well.
Speaker 1: E FN asked him, nobody continues to do it on his Instagram and nobody's asking him to do anything. He's doing it because he's trying to sell tickets. I didn't reply.
Speaker 3: He's been going back and forth, and he's been going back and forth and he needs to get the tickets there now. I just I just prayed to God that that's not traffic like last year, and your your neighbors, your neighbors can get to their house. Could you imagine, because if you're a neighbor of Rick Roll and is what he says, six thousand people, that's cute, six thousand people out there, and something happens, maybe you are overweight and you have a heart attack and that ambulance can't get to your house because of because he's doing the show.
Speaker 5: At his host did he AIRPNPS be slame.
Speaker 3: I'm not going back and forth with them. I wish him the best. I'm glad you got this off. I'm glad Ross got I would also tell you that you gotta everybody got to watch who does stuff for the community and who does stuff to make money. Now, even when he has the thing.
Speaker 1: Where he teaches people to beout real estate and you charges your stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do the same thing. We go around the country. We charge ninety nine dollars. Why because I want my community to learn and not only do we choose, we charge ninety nine dollars. We bring hard money lenders, we bring average lenders. We bring it's telling you the things that we do in the person, the character of a person.
Speaker 5: I can't charge you five hundred.
Speaker 6: Done to put your good on my loan.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I think y'all need to do a car show together after this. And I think men over forty with just for men should get in free. That's what I think. I think, so all right, I think chess for men could be a sponsor for both of y'all. All Right, y'all have a lot more in common than y'all do a part. Y'all just having a little issue of our car. Both for y'all, thanks for the community. Both of y'all employ a lot of black people. Both of y'all into real estate. Both of y'all in the cars. You and Ross's got a lot more in common. Both y'all love Beijing on your beers. Both of y'all have a lot and more in common then y'all do differences. See, you need to cut this out, both of y'all. Okay, all right, push it in before twelve cause you stop. I just had high cholesteroldel just came down. Dude, you're in free before twelve. Roof man milk. You have man milk and yo man defact, stop doing that. Go sit the milk emoji and leave a milk emoji and Rosses and stick Crown gotta stop doing that. I disrespecting Eddie Murphy and my for Eddie Murphy slept in his bad What's wrong with that is that man's bed, Eddie Murphy. Would you let Eddie Murphy sleep in your bed?
Speaker 2: Oh God, he rented it for a movie.
Speaker 5: Would you rent your house that you sleeping?
Speaker 1: I would rent a property that I have, and then ask you that I have a bunch of proptuately done that before.
Speaker 5: To me too, what you went?
Speaker 2: Where you and your door do it?
Speaker 6: And your weds sleep?
Speaker 2: To Eddie Murphy to put man in milk hold? Do what you do that?
Speaker 6: Would you?
Speaker 1: I don't like how you're making coming to U found bro Okay, that's not what coming to America is about.
Speaker 6: Coming into the plumpishlid.
Speaker 1: When we come back man front page News with tesling figure It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: It's a four chance to win a VIP trip to see a live Nation concert in the city of your choice. Concert week is May tenth through the sixteenth, twenty five dollars all in tickets. Come see all your favorite artists for entrying rules, vi'sit Breakfast Club online dot com. How everybody at Eja Envy, charlamagnea gutt We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now let's get in some front page News. Come on a tennis figure out the morning.
Speaker 5: Now, let's get right into the sports.
Speaker 3: The Nuggets beat the Lakers last night one of three day lead the series two and nothing.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 5: When I went to sleep, the Lakers were up about like ten or eleven, I thought, But when I woke up, it was all bad.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be hard for the Lakers to get about that whole. I got DIVI with winning it all, the whole NBA championship.
Speaker 3: But we'll see all right now X forty nine cent a threat to a congresswoman A congressman, I should say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So California congressman is accusing a former San Francisco forty nine ers fullback of threats to execute him. California US Representative Eric Swalwell shared a message on social media from former NFL player Bruce Miller his social media account, which displayed the threatening content. It actually read almost time. Would you rather guatemalo or execution you?
Speaker 2: Trader?
Speaker 8: The threat was sent as a direct message to Swawell from Miller's social media account.
Speaker 7: He shared a screenshot of the threat.
Speaker 8: And asked people on this page, you know who is this guy threatening to execute me?
Speaker 7: And why does he have so many followers?
Speaker 8: And some of his followers immediately pointed out that Miller was an ex NFL player. They have allegedly turned a threat into the Capitol police.
Speaker 7: Do you know who that guy is?
Speaker 8: Do y'all follow forty nine ers or what have you ever heard of him?
Speaker 7: Bruce Miller?
Speaker 8: He was a seventh round pick by the forty nine ers in twenty eleven.
Speaker 7: He was released.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was released in twenty sixteen offseason after being charged with seven felamy after he allegedly assault to the seventy year old man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never heard of I'm a Giants fan. I don't really know much about the forty nine. Well, now let's go to La. Now, what's going on with this La strip? Was going with the La strippers?
Speaker 7: Now, Yeah, shout out to the lunch lady that called.
Speaker 8: My grandmother also was a lunch lady, So shout out to her that called about higher pay.
Speaker 7: And it looks like strippers in entertainment history.
Speaker 8: Fifteen months after attempting to unionize, dancers at the Los Angeles Gentlemen's Club are one step closer to becoming the first group of strippers to be recognized in a union. One of those things they were talking about was pay. Now, during the settlement hearing, the union club attorneys the lawyers representing management of the Star Garden topless dive bar in North Hollywood agreed to withdraw election challenges and recognize the union.
Speaker 7: They have thirty days to negotiate a new contract.
Speaker 8: Take a listen to some of the things that they are asking for, and we'll talk about on the other side.
Speaker 17: And they have finally agreed to recognize the union and the many issues that the dancers say they have, like compants, better security, and protection from sexual harassment.
Speaker 18: Our society upholds actors playing strippers and sex workers on stage and showing giving them the prestige and the protections and the union contracts, but we haven't stepped up for sex workers and strippers.
Speaker 2: I mean, it is a job, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It is a job that generates a lot of money and a lot of revenue.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of employees all across the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how do you unionize the strippers?
Speaker 3: So these make people throw a certain amount of money for them to get dolla because don't ships usually make their money off of people?
Speaker 1: I think, you know what, some clubs, regardless of how much you know, like let's say one individual scripper gets dollars throw on that. Some clubs, all the scrippers that at night put all the money together and they just split it.
Speaker 5: Even that's not fair.
Speaker 2: I've seen that happen before.
Speaker 5: That's not fair.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's there.
Speaker 7: I don't think that's fair.
Speaker 8: But in order to be a part of the union, they would have to pay dues, and they were a part of They've been basically admitted to a larger union that recognizes live in so characters people like that dance at Disney or stages or theaters, so they're putting them in there saying, hey, we perform as well, we provide entertainment, and we deserve to have contracts negotiated on our behalf.
Speaker 7: And I just want to point out one thing.
Speaker 8: Only one in ten American workers are now in a union, which is down nearly down quite a bit since the nineteen fifties. So this is a really, really big deal for strippers to be able to say we want to unionize. A lot of teachers haven't been able to get unions in their states.
Speaker 7: So this is really his.
Speaker 3: But I do think that's good if they give the strippers and the dances health coverage, you know what I mean? Because some of those strippers and dances have kids, so if they have health coverage, you're to trick it down to their kids so their kids can get shot and they don't have to come out of their pocket for those things.
Speaker 1: And some of them girls need to go see the gun coologists being there with stuff dripping out. David Giannas, you know, I mean a lot of discharges still love you. I'm just simply saying some of them women need money to go to the guanacologists too, because i mean, think about it. If what you're going to look at is their private party, you got to make sure those private partis.
Speaker 7: And check to BV is clear.
Speaker 5: I've never seen anything dripping.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is your front page News, Sety Tennison figure.
Speaker 1: Oh you have a great weekend problem. Make sure you subscribe to the US Great Shot, No Chase, the podcast on the Black Effect iHeart Radio podcast Network. Taz will be on there breaking down all the stories you saw him from you heard in Front page News this week.
Speaker 5: That's right now.
Speaker 3: When we come back to to Hotter, Brothers from Power will be joining us, Woodie McLain and Level Adams great and we're gonna kick it with them when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Club, parding everybody. It's DJ n V, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got our guest host with us. Yes, indeed, Erica Dutchess, she's here, she's joining us. And we got some special guests in the building.
Speaker 2: How you pronounced it hot? Is it?
Speaker 6: I used to struggle with it too, Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: We got the homie Wody McLain here who's been here before. And lavell Adam's great welcome.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, that absolutely. Kayan drew from power book to man y'all. You know it's funny, right because y'all got to be some of the most famous people in black coaches at the moment.
Speaker 19: You know, think though, it's been love, man, Yeah, it's been loved. People come up to you, smack you in the airport. It's crazy, it's cracky, I know anywhere. It was in the airport lady had a baby, white lady. She was like, I love what youre doing. I appreciate it, but it just caught me, you know what I mean, off guard. But yeah, it's been Love's a lot of love.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I got that in I think gets smacked but stopped me. It was like, bro, I know you right, like you've you've been in Houston. I'm like, listen, I've never been using my life, so I know I've never met before, you know, and like it was it was definitely from the show, but you know it was.
Speaker 6: It was funny.
Speaker 2: It was like you start the character you played, way did he smack?
Speaker 6: You just tell us it was? It was on my arm?
Speaker 2: Okay, just making sure.
Speaker 1: Both season three actually yes, yeah, yeah, yes, it's been a next season. So the last two episodes are gonna be crazy and I have not watched even though they leaked.
Speaker 6: Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Okay, how can y'all top with y'all done?
Speaker 13: I think you know the writers have you know, only gotten better. Brad really cares about the show, the showrunner and really takes care of us, and it's invested on making it new and exciting and truthful. I think that you know, you keep it truthful and you know it tops itself.
Speaker 19: I think m HM and a whole lot of drama. You know, Twitter loves drama, so I think they've been doing a great.
Speaker 6: Job with it.
Speaker 1: You've been in love the whole damn season. I know, man, how that go from being a gangster? You're still a gangster, but you're in love now.
Speaker 6: On the show, being in love is kind of boring to me?
Speaker 5: Is it boring?
Speaker 6: I'm like, man, I'm ready.
Speaker 19: To catch your body. It's crazy, horrible, right, It's a horrible way to think. But that show has definitely altered my mind to think like that.
Speaker 6: It's weird. It's like, man, I love scene, Like, man, when do I pop somebody?
Speaker 3: But I was going to ask, how does that change your character? Because now you're into this, right, you want to pop somebody? So now, wow, if somebody says something, do you think, like, are you still in character?
Speaker 6: Like what you say?
Speaker 5: Are you still like that? Or do you get out of character?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 6: Get out of character? I get out of character.
Speaker 19: But it depends if I'm with my family, I'm still in it a little bit, because you know, people don't really respect boundaries, nay, And because we're on TV, we're no longer human, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I just feel like everybody treat just like an item.
Speaker 19: So it's like I'm always like just thinking about those things and making sure my family is straight.
Speaker 6: While I'm outside. But it's always been loved though.
Speaker 3: And it has to be different, right because because of the characters that you played, you have like very different demographics. Like you have the young people that might follow this, but then you have the older people that love you and this.
Speaker 5: So how does that work?
Speaker 6: No, it's for me.
Speaker 19: I know, like I've been to like the hoodies of the hoods and people like yo, that's you me up there, Like I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I'm like, thank you.
Speaker 1: So I always say, call the police, tell you that he relate the character King that's me.
Speaker 5: A demographics love you, and the younger demographics love you.
Speaker 2: I mean the older God, you got your.
Speaker 5: Aunties and grandma's.
Speaker 2: That know them.
Speaker 3: For new addition, that's your different type of love. But then you got homies from the corner that look at him differently.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting, I thought, I thought, because I thought that there was a young demo that watched The Bobby Brown Story New Edition too.
Speaker 2: I feel like that introduced them to a new audience.
Speaker 6: No, absolutely, for sure, I agree. I agree, Yeah, because my kids loved it.
Speaker 19: The kids call me Bobby Brown, you Bobby like bro, and you get tired of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 1: I feel like I can't trump Bobby though, No, yes, man right now and the culture.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bro, but I've seen him in the hall.
Speaker 5: The first thing I thought it was Bobby. I was like, that's what I thought, man.
Speaker 19: But I mean no, I mean I was just watching the fight and it was just white guy. He was like, Yo, Cain and the but he was like, I'm like, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Sound like a little flirt right there.
Speaker 16: I was.
Speaker 6: I don't know New York, so nobody really tripped on it. It was crazy. Would different.
Speaker 1: Power One of them shows that the culture really gets involved all the mee.
Speaker 2: When it's on, everybody tweeting about it.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like a family gathering, and then people talking about what happened, you know, that night on social media afterwards. People care about y'all personal lives.
Speaker 2: Like that's rare. Everybody don't get that, you know, And.
Speaker 13: I think it's it's an important thing, you know, to separate the character from the from the from the actor.
Speaker 6: You know, like we watched like Daniel l Lewis. We don't think like he's, you know, built a butcher and you know, what's his name? Daniel Daniel playing View.
Speaker 13: You know, we just look at him like that's a that's a really dope artist, right, And I think like you playing Bobby Brown, you're playing Kane, like that's a testament to your artistry.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, bro.
Speaker 1: But you know, you do a fantastic You do a fantastic job playing Drew. And the crazy part is everybody's like, oh, is he really you know, really gay? And I'm like does it matter? You know what I'm saying, like, what do the matter? If Lavelle was like.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 2: What does it matter?
Speaker 13: I don't think it does matter, you know. I think that, you know, like it's important to separate those things, you know, important to separate the personal from the work, because I have to be able to play everything as an artist, you know, that's our our job is to tell the story and tell it as truthfully as possible. You know, like if I was playing you know your life story, right, and you watched it and go like, you're not You're not telling the truth. I'm doing you a disservice if you're playing me.
Speaker 20: Some people saying no, no, when you see in the script, was there any doubts like Wow, maybe I don't want to play that, or it was like, no, I'm an actor and this is what I'm gonna do, regardless.
Speaker 5: Of what people.
Speaker 6: That's what it was.
Speaker 13: Man, I'm an actor, you know, and I have to tell the truth. And if I'm not telling the truth as an artist, then get me out the show, you know what I mean. Like, if I'm not going, if I'm not committing one hundred percent, then I don't deserve the part.
Speaker 6: And that's just how I see it.
Speaker 13: Like, you know what, regardless of whatever part it is, whatever role it is, it's like if you're putting in the work, investigating in yourself and trying to tell the truth, and you know you deserve to be on that platform and tell that story.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting social experiment though. Whenever there's a love making scene between a man and a woman, nobody cares. But we see it pop up on Power or one of those other shows, everybody's up in arms. Ah, Man, I can't watch this, man, I'm not I'm gonna tell starts they don't stop doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna watch. But I'm like our people be like, why why do nobody ever asked that? What's men and women?
Speaker 13: You know, you know, I think, you know, if we're talking about the first first uh power power, Amari Hardwick and Laila Leela look really good together though, you know, like like the back muscles and everything like that, So I understand, like, you know, the the aesthetic is what we're used to, and we're not used to seeing queer love making on, especially on a mainstream show like this, and.
Speaker 5: But real life and it happens.
Speaker 6: Its real life, and it happens.
Speaker 13: And I think my biggest thing was like I haven't gotten the back yet, like Mike Hardway's back. I haven't gotten that like physical physical like strength, because you know what I mean, Like I just turned thirty one, So I'm like, i got to like get my man meat on.
Speaker 4: But I'm.
Speaker 6: Not like that like that you practice.
Speaker 13: He's I'm talking about you need your man your man body and like and so like that's that's whenever I have those scenes, I'm like, I want to make sure I look as good as possible. I want to make you know what I mean, I want to look good. And that's you know the same thing with Kane, Like you want to make sure he looks.
Speaker 6: Good, said the bar. So I remember reading the tweets.
Speaker 19: Somebody was like, Kane looks like a college dropout kid that just play Call of Duty and I was like, damn, I need to get in the gym.
Speaker 6: Oh for sure, that's all I think.
Speaker 19: I hear that in my ears while I'm like, you know what I mean when I'm like running out of energy, I just hear him saying, like college drop out body, I'm going crazy.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we got more with the to HOA Brothers from Power you know what, he McLain and Lavell, So don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning phoning everybody and see say Envy Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with how the Brothers from Power you know Whatdy McLean and Lavelle Adams, Gray Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: Does social media bother y'all Like when y'all read comments? Does the impact? How y'all approach the roles and everything?
Speaker 6: For me personally?
Speaker 19: Not because I come I come from social media and I just used to say that didn't even really old tweets. You're right, but that's where I was at though, Like that's the space I was in. I just wanted to get a reaction. That's what Twitter was for. It's like to see how many retweets and how many like you get, you know what I mean. So now I look at it, it's like that's just somebody just trying to get attention.
Speaker 6: But it don't bother me though not.
Speaker 13: And you gotta be careful, uh, coming from the I come from theater a little bit, and and we learned really quickly not to like you can't read everything every night, you know, because it it affects your work. So I come from that like where it comes like, you know, I'm not reading everything all the time. Like I kind of just post or whatever and it's go buy my business.
Speaker 3: We had a Mari up here last year, maybe two years ago, and I asked him with Charlamonne, and I asked him about the character.
Speaker 1: Was he ever fearful that he was gonna be stuck in that character?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: And you know he was a little upset about it because he said he's an actor. But sometimes people see Omar as ghosts, you know, sometimes they see you as Bobby.
Speaker 1: Do you ever fear full of roles you take to be stuck in that character?
Speaker 6: No God will provide there, it is I agree, you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: You know, like it's it's it's a scarcity mindset to think that way, I think, But.
Speaker 3: It happens to people like look at Steve, he's Steve Verkle. You look at the guy that plays I can't remember the brother's name. He played Chris Rock and everybody here's Chris. He's always looked at that. You know, I don't just want to go to.
Speaker 7: See him as that Lettle Boy isn't.
Speaker 2: Not a blessing.
Speaker 6: I think it is.
Speaker 13: You know, it stands the test of time, and you know, we leave that legacy for sure.
Speaker 6: I think it does. You know, but.
Speaker 13: Actors to be transcendent right and be able to disappear in the roles. And I think a part of that is the onus on the actor to like switch it up a little bit and try something different and never let themselves get hold one thing. But I think being scared of that brings it on too, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel a way, you know, because you are a theater actor actor, so you've been through the course, you've been through the classes, and then you see somebody that might be you know, a social media person that gets a roll because they are social media. Does that ever make you feel a way like they didn't get their chops were they didn't do the proper training that you've been through.
Speaker 5: Does that ever make you feel away?
Speaker 13: If I'm be honest, whenever I get whenever that comes up for me and I get tight like that, I'm like, well, just my ego, Like that's me, you know, that's me because I didn't get that part or I didn't do it, you know what I mean? But like what's for you? It is meant to be for you, right, you know, so that I remind myself of that and and then you know, goes away. But like and it's it's like acting is always going to change mediums and always going to evolve.
Speaker 6: And that's the point.
Speaker 13: If you don't evolve with it, then you're gonna get left behind.
Speaker 19: I come from social media, so I slew anybody that comes from social media, you know, I like it.
Speaker 1: Just taking question was that the question I was saying.
Speaker 3: Social media to does it ever make you feel the way where it feels like people you know, they always say people skip the line, right, so that they didn't you know, take the acting classes and the acting lessons.
Speaker 19: That's what I'm saying, I come from the people that didn't take acting classes that you know, straight from social media. Like, so I don't I don't take it no way. Now, I just took it seriously.
Speaker 5: You got to skip the line.
Speaker 6: I did skip the line, but then I took it very very serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I because a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just right.
Speaker 21: Like the comedians, like they can't do the stage. They can do the the social media stuff all day post, but when it comes to that stage, it's totally different. And they don't want to get in their room, you know, go to the open mics and stuff.
Speaker 22: They don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: They too good for them, but horrible.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the stage.
Speaker 13: You got somebody personally in there, a couple of people.
Speaker 21: Now I'm a stand up comedian, so I just see the new wave, and it is the new wave. But well, somebody like me and who've been doing it for so long, you start seeing stuff. At first, I was acting like Semih Jackson at first, you know what I'm saying, how he was with the people taking the acting gigs. I was like, hold on, now they ain't even But I had to sit back and get in Yo Mo and be like, holo, what God God for me is for me?
Speaker 7: They passed in my path, you know what I'm saying. So this is my journey.
Speaker 21: So I got to stay on my own germs less and understand why I'm in my position and be patient.
Speaker 7: See, and that's why I'm here today.
Speaker 1: Exactly Ken killing each other over f you man, that's gonna happen. That's gonna mess up the business in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 19: I don't even know if I can talk about that. I don't know, though I can see it happening. Okay, I can see happening. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, good suggestion. Yeah yeah, I can't talk with I can't.
Speaker 5: I won't get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Right well, I mean, as you, why is Drew not allowed to have love? Seems like you lose every guy that you started off healing.
Speaker 13: I think it's because it's the reality of the you know, the game where right, And I feel like, you know, with Gordo, you found somebody that you felt like you could you know, who could he could see all of him and recognize all of him at the same time.
Speaker 6: It's like it started off with lies.
Speaker 13: Right, like I killed his pops or we killed his pops. So it's like if I can't tell you that truth, then we're already our foundation is shaky anyway, you know. So I think you know, God willn't going forward, Drew will find some love, somebody that you know can resonate with him in that way. They just don't have to hide himself from But until then, to be about your bread man.
Speaker 5: It is how's how's working with Mary?
Speaker 6: Beautiful man? Mary so cool, she's so chill.
Speaker 13: We have so many moments and memories with Mary and my I think my favorite one is, you know, first day table reading. You know, it's funny they don't tell actors of this lot. It's always like you know, like well you just get into space and like, yeah, you know I belong there and I already already been there, so you know I got to act like and whatever whatever. You know, that tension, shoulder tension comes up, you know what I mean? Like no, like when I got to the table read, I was like, I've never been here before, and I've never been face to face with Mary J.
Speaker 2: Blige.
Speaker 13: Before you know what she did, She broke the ice with a funny ass story.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 13: She she she brought us in as her kids off rip, and that to me like taught me, like God will and I get to that place where I can people look at me in that way that I can be like, oh no, I's chill, like you know what.
Speaker 6: I mean, because that really helped me out.
Speaker 1: How did she bring you all? What was the joke that brought y'all in? You said, because she said she brought you in her kids.
Speaker 6: Well, she told us like it was a story.
Speaker 13: I told her that, like my dad's from Jamaica, right, and she was like, oh, I'm never going to Daica again, Like I'm never bring nobody to Jaica because like it's drama and it's just.
Speaker 6: The way that she just related to us.
Speaker 13: You would think that, like I guess the perspective of someone up that high stature is that like you have to go to them.
Speaker 2: But I felt like she came down and came and gave it's.
Speaker 13: A story that was like we all had us laughing, and it was like, well, thanks for sharing that, you know, with with us and and really brought us in, and so it just just made it so easy, you know, you know, we get to do these scenes and she's so generous as a as a scene partner, and we get to like really go and play with it. Just so many fun ideas and just really cares about Monette and says like listen, man when they is from here. So she's not going to do it like that. She's gonna do it like this, and like she being her.
Speaker 6: Producer, you know. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 13: When we did the dinner table not super iconic dinner table scene, you know, it was her idea to be like listen, like, we gotta get it elevated, right, She said, we have to elevate this thing because she's not gonna have her daughter talk to her no type of way and not snatch her across the table and have it beat this big moment real you know. And it came alive because of that. I learned so much as an actor because of that.
Speaker 1: So what's gonna hapen when y'all got to hate her? Because eventually y'all gonna find out that she the one who said Lorenzo up. I mean, you know what I mean, you know, like you're gonna have to you're gonna hate it then comes out this weekend, We're.
Speaker 19: Gonna see, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's this week Friday. Yeah, we're gonna find out all that stuff. But yeah, are you happy?
Speaker 2: Lorenzo days? Poppy no more?
Speaker 6: I said Poppy like that. I never I never knew how to say it for real, like I didn't.
Speaker 19: It didn't roll off my tongue like that, so I kind of eliminated the poppies out of my vocabulary.
Speaker 6: You just saw, Yeah, did it roll off?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 7: Yes, you said Poppy said it?
Speaker 21: Really?
Speaker 13: I think I think you know bertil Coloone who plays Lorenzo amazing. I miss him man sometimes, you know, he's uh, he's a masterclass too, you know, and I love him being there. He just holds it down in such a grounding energy. So as Level, I'm like, damn, you know, he's gone. But as Drew, I think Drew's also like damn he's gone. Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got more with the Taha Brothers from Power.
Speaker 5: You know what, he McLain and Level, So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 16: J n V.
Speaker 1: Charlamage the guy. We all the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We're still kicking it with the Taha Brothers from Power. Willie McClain and Lavell Adams Gray. Now we take this. Yesterday, Erica Dutchess, our co host, was here.
Speaker 13: Erica, you're married, I'm engaged.
Speaker 21: You engaged, Okay, So how do your fiance feel about your your love scenes and stuff like that.
Speaker 13: You know, she's she's the same way she comes from, uh you know that that place of like, if you're gonna do it, do it right kind of thing. So she she's a big fan of the show, and she loves watching the show. She has a great heart and a great empathetic capacity. So she watched watches Drew or anybody going through it. She's just like, wow, like this is a every time I watch it. So I'm watching it being like I know what we did, I know what's happening. And she's like, Wow, this show like surprises me every time. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: This is this and this is it hard to watch it with her, it's any love scene because it's hard to watch it with.
Speaker 13: Her because she's sometimes around her in the table reads and so she's like privy the information and she's like, oh, so that's what you guys were talking about.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't you know. But terms of like.
Speaker 13: Content stuff, and you know it's not it's not hard watching, you know, because she's also done love scenes, and.
Speaker 1: How do you feel you see her do a love season. It's take some getting.
Speaker 2: Muscles.
Speaker 1: You got that man meet on his back like that.
Speaker 6: Jesus.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but how did that make you feel?
Speaker 13: You know, she just did this film called Perfect Addiction. It just came out and in it she plays an MM a fighter and trainer and she had to be with these six two six three, you know, getting swollen bees for the role and coming in and you know she was love interest to both of them, and I'm having to sit there being like, it's just fine, It's just.
Speaker 6: Fine, you know.
Speaker 2: You know, but you go back with your chance.
Speaker 13: Yeah, listen, every time she goes somewhere to work on the job, but she's like, there's a time apart.
Speaker 6: I'm in the gym.
Speaker 13: I go crazy in the jam because when you come back, you don't see me looking different than when you left.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: You know, they ask you, do you get flacked from like actual gay actors who feel like that role should go to actual gay.
Speaker 5: Like you took my role.
Speaker 13: That's a good question. No, Yeah, I get a lot of love a lot of like a lot of uh support comes from other queer actors, you know, and I get a lot of love.
Speaker 1: But I would think that's a ridiculous conversation to have because if a gay person plays a great persons because they got the ROC, they're a good actor.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: If you're good at what you do, you get at what you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you got? Everybody hitting my damn phone?
Speaker 2: Was kind of excited. I ain't got lie no.
Speaker 5: What he tagged me on something people hit me.
Speaker 1: The reason I got excited because I was like, oh, it might you know, it might be some bread and what he was like explighting the post what he said. He posted, I want to do a season for now watch party in South Carolina, but I need to see the God to host it with me.
Speaker 2: He said, who in South Carolina would pull up?
Speaker 1: And got like twenty six hundred comments, and then people started making actual posts about it, like this needs to happen, and I'm like, I'm winning it. I you got to find a place to do it. You know, we used to the house party, vie. I mean, what do you party together?
Speaker 6: He was in the house.
Speaker 2: You can't do it in the house.
Speaker 5: You can't can't bring all those people to your house.
Speaker 6: I can't do that.
Speaker 2: You got to figure out where to do it. I don't know. And do we charge people, Yes, that's the that's the hard part.
Speaker 3: Charge people because if not, it's got to be limited space. If not, everybody's gonna be there, gonna be too packed.
Speaker 5: You want limited space. You want people to be.
Speaker 6: Able to see. Yeah, so you charge people, but then have like an open bar.
Speaker 2: Have an open.
Speaker 3: So they have a good time and some food. But that way you have sections so people can actually watch. You don't want a two pack where you can't enjoy and scream and yell and all.
Speaker 1: You can do it at the museum American Museum. You have to bring some TVs in and cable if they got it and it's.
Speaker 7: Six, right, we got a couple of more day we can.
Speaker 2: We got time though, we make you figure it out.
Speaker 6: I have fun there, museum.
Speaker 5: The pay is not really for you.
Speaker 3: It's more to make sure people are gonna come, because everybody on RZP I'm coming, and then to be rainy like I ain't coming to the ring. I mean, but you want people that it's gonna come, enjoy and have a great time.
Speaker 1: But then once again that's the testament to how big power is in the coach. I'm telling you show all shows don't get that cultural reverence the way they let.
Speaker 19: Us host post stuff like rappers. I'm like at a host and I'm like, I ain't got no songs. I don't know what you'all want to do, so I just take pictures.
Speaker 6: They would give me the mic.
Speaker 19: I'm like, I don't know what y'all want me to say, Like I ain't got no no bars or nothing.
Speaker 2: For nobody does shows lead? Yes, okay, I was tight?
Speaker 1: Is that the true lead? Because they said that it might not be the true shows?
Speaker 13: Well, no, I think I think it was like some like fake poor quality stuff.
Speaker 6: I didn't see it.
Speaker 13: But man, like it's like like a rapper, like you always tight when your and then like who did it?
Speaker 6: Like it has to be somebody in your camp?
Speaker 2: Right? And why is it only power shows that the artist with nobody?
Speaker 3: People just can't that much like other things leak that we just don't think about, but people care about this.
Speaker 13: That's I don't know, I don't know, I don't know about it, But like I appreciate the fans who like stuck it out and like, are gonna watch it again, you know and see it because they deserve to be seen in the right way.
Speaker 1: When with this love triangle, Tyreek got going on, right, Who would y'all rather see him end up with Fie, Lauren or Diane?
Speaker 13: Speaking as a well, I'd rather see him with Diana really yeah, speaking.
Speaker 19: Yeah, speaking as speaking as woody, as woody, as woody Diana as.
Speaker 13: Well as really yeah, yeah, Drew don't want to treak nowhere around absolutely, you know. But as well, like this, they make a good pair. You know, they're both very intelligent, and they both move around the business really well, and they could actually like make a great like if they came together like that, they can make a good, good team.
Speaker 2: But then the brothers might have to kill him.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's not Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Did you feel bad for Saxon when he got killed?
Speaker 6: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Shane is so dope, man, He's so incredible. He's the O G Well, I think he's been there for like nine years, and I think it caught everybody by surprise. I don't read the whole script until we get to the table. That's really kind of my section. So when I heard it for the first time. It definitely was like one of those emotional emotional things.
Speaker 1: Damn, I don't even think about it. I'm sitting it thinking about it. From the character of perspective, the people that's not gonna have no work no more.
Speaker 13: Well no, see, that's the thing. Like Shane is such an amazing actor that he's working, he's working. He's an artist, Like he's an artist with him with ambition and with with drive, you know. And that's the one thing I always say about about actors, about artists specifically, like you don't we can make whatever we want to make whenever we want to make it, like now, depending on how much money you have, and like if you want to get butts and seats, that's another thing. But like art is there. You can just make it, you know. And for shaying he doesn't have to worry about like lack and you know, but you know he'll always.
Speaker 6: Be a thriving artist because he's a beautiful actor.
Speaker 3: Y'all have a nervous that that you're going to read a script and it's like what else think, like please don't give me on, Please don't give don't give me on.
Speaker 1: Y'all ever feel that way? When you when y'all pick up a script that was.
Speaker 6: Me season one, two three by his house, like now you buying?
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I think for the same like the first season it was like that. But after the first season, whatever makes sense for the character, the character.
Speaker 6: Gotta go, he gotta go. That's how I felt.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I just when they when they you know, when they do decide to if they do decide to do that with Drew, that like it's a it's like iconic, like I wanted.
Speaker 1: To cat to kill you or I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: That's heartbreaking, but I got you.
Speaker 13: I always want to be like I said, I don't want to be the black Shawn Bean and like dying on it. So if it's gonna happen, like it needs to be happening, like you know some like dope slow motion kind of like you know, something dope, something dope. But I won't speak that out, you know, six seven eight.
Speaker 1: And is that a real beef between the Power Team and the b MF actors? Like is that real social media is between Uh?
Speaker 6: I don't think so. I might be that might be Twitter fingers. Yeah, I hope so, because like we.
Speaker 13: You know, we're all black and we're all getting it, and I love that.
Speaker 6: I'd love to see that. So I think that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Y'all participate in that though you usually do that play too Rikan meet.
Speaker 7: What am I do?
Speaker 6: I don't participate be doing it. I'll be in the gym. They got time for that.
Speaker 1: My business, he said, back to this party in South Carolina.
Speaker 6: See him?
Speaker 2: You know what you will be? You want to do it from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just don't say that because now we got a plan it. I don't want to let people now.
Speaker 19: No, I'm serious, I'm serious. I know this is Hollywood. Yeah, hit me up, let's do this. But I'm like serious, I'm looking at you in the eyes. We're gonna do this. Oh lord, Now I got to commit to Yeah, yeah, exactly. So we're taking it there.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you brothers for joining us. May twenty six is the day, and thank you guys for stopping through.
Speaker 5: You know, the guys are always invited.
Speaker 2: Both episodes coming out the week going to make twenty six.
Speaker 1: I was one and then the next this week one, this weekend, one this weekend in the finale next week.
Speaker 5: Right, So that's Willy McCain Lavell Adams.
Speaker 2: Great, appreciate you, brothers. It's the Breakfast thanks for having me sing.
Speaker 3: Everybody and ceej n V Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the rumors or you've gossip been chatting? Is the Ruver Report?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we're on the Breakfast Club. This is where the tea.
Speaker 2: Spells right, yes, on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Now our very own Charlemagne to God. You know he has this late night show Hell of a Week. Well, it seems like it was lawn September twenty twenty one, and now it's saying that the show has been canceled.
Speaker 5: Really, now that's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: It's saying that Stephen Colbert's executive produced Tuning Out the News in Hell of a Week with Charlemagne has been canceled at Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I'm never sad that it's over. I'm more grateful that it happened. Okay, I have a goal for TV, and because of this show, I'm closer to my goal. So I'm forever grateful. Foot to my guy Chris McCarthy in Paramount. They always take care of us. The only thing that ever disappoints me about stuff like this is all the jobs a show like this provider created, especially the black and brown people, because that was the majority of our staff. So that's the only thing I'm ever disappointed about when stuff like this happened.
Speaker 2: Other than that.
Speaker 1: Onward and you're still screaming on Paramount plus the first two seasons The God's Honest Truth and Hell of a Week.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask, but you know, even if if it was a cancel, how was the show going to continue?
Speaker 5: Because with the riders strike, right, was it able? Would it be able to come in?
Speaker 1: That's one of the reasons, like the businesses didn't influx right now, gotcha?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Here's a lot of things going on in Hollywood, and there's a million shows being canceled across various platforms. And you were supposed to host a daily show coming up, but because of the writers writers Creak can't do the Daily Show either.
Speaker 16: Da.
Speaker 2: But when the writers strike is over, though, I'll.
Speaker 1: Definitely be hosting the Daily Show, all right, well for a week, for a week, guess hosting the Daily Show?
Speaker 5: All right? Well, we got to congratulate Ludacris.
Speaker 3: Ludacris received his Hollywood Walk of Fame star yesterday.
Speaker 1: Very well deserved, very well deserved.
Speaker 3: I mean from you know, number one records to platinum albums to movies. So it's very very very well deserved. He was there with Queen Latifa, tyrese Vin Diesel, ll cool J, and of course his wife.
Speaker 2: Soon they He didn't let tyrespe. I didn't see Tyree speak.
Speaker 1: I think I seen LL speak. I see Vin Diesel. I'm sure it's I respoke.
Speaker 5: Please, this is man.
Speaker 1: If I would have spoke, we would have known it had been in room report. You're right, it'd have made it about him in some way shape or for you.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: And lastly, people are mad at Jeanie my now you know, of course her and Jez have been married about two years now. So she said that her daughter was by Illingo and this is what she said.
Speaker 14: And I think the best thing is learning how to really teach her how to own who she is. You know, that's the beautiful blend of being black and Vietnamese, and I want her to really understand what that means as a powerful woman today.
Speaker 23: Yeah, are you guys ceasing to know about your coaching, yes, big time.
Speaker 22: Yeah.
Speaker 14: We try to have her spend time with her southern grandparents in Atlanta all the time in Georgia, and then she goes down to the Bay and she spends time with my Vietnamese grandparents all the time, so she understands both sides. And I only speak Vietnamese to her, and then Dad only speaks the South Tour. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so people were upset at that.
Speaker 1: People just don't like Genny Ma Genie Mar, and I want everybody to just come to the term, come to grips with with the fact y'all just don't like Genie Ma. They don't like Genie Mar. They don't like the fact that Genie Mind and Gezia together. Correct, they don't like they're getting their doctor umar on, and they don't like that interracial relationship. But I don't think it's because that wasn't that upset and egregious for people to be mad at.
Speaker 3: What I think is, do you have the clip what she said a while ago? See what I'm saying, But that's what that's what they're mad exactly.
Speaker 1: The reason why because I didn't every since I bought up this clip right here, in regards to why they don't like Genie Ma, you have the clip, Oh you don't have the clip.
Speaker 5: Well, but you know.
Speaker 2: It's the clip about you don't. I'm not even gonna repeat.
Speaker 3: It now I was gonna repeat it, but yeah, people are mad about that. They said, you know, it's not speaking South, it's speaking English. So people were very upset about that. It was like, I'm from the South, you know what I mean. It's certain people you can hear and you'd be like, what part of the.
Speaker 1: South you're from? That's not insulting. Now you've a part of this off you from I'm from Atlanta. What part of this off you from out to South Carolina? Because those are very distinct. Uh, you know the ways of speaking right the Geechee, Gulla and Charlton, South Carolina. When Erica Duchess was up here the last two days and hear somebody like DC young fly, you know when you're talking to somebody from Atlanta, but you know when you're talking to somebody from the South.
Speaker 3: But it's not a you don't speak the South, I mean. And she was joking, by the way, guys, English, she was joking. But you say it's a South accent, or you say a Baltimore accent, or you say a New York accent.
Speaker 1: But she was joking. But she said, I'm joking. Guys, clearly she was joking. But they don't like Genny Ma.
Speaker 5: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: They don't like GZ and gen Mi together.
Speaker 5: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: That's the true, the reality of the situation.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Just you got to come to terms with yourself. You gotta come to grips with yourself. Just admit you don't like seeing g Z and Jenny Mine together.
Speaker 5: You Genie, I keep saying, Jenny Min, Genie.
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't like that combination of soul food in Chinese food. That's what you're saying Vietnamese food Vietnam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Soul food to Vietnamese. Yes, yes, yes, well that is your rumor report right now. Dog here today, who giving a donkey too?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: We need Marjorietail agree and to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with her this morning.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, we'll get to that next. And I don't know it's the breakfast club. Good morning, the breakfast club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 1: It's tough to find that right person, especially when it comes to hiring for an open role. With ZIP Recruiters, matching technology makes it easy to find and invite great candidates to apply to your jobs. Try it for free at ziprecruited dot com slash breakfast.
Speaker 2: This is a miracle, there is no question.
Speaker 1: And there are problems in this country between.
Speaker 7: Police and community.
Speaker 24: Yes, you are a donkey to the latest on that police killing of a black man.
Speaker 5: Now the new developments in the definitely spawshooting rampage.
Speaker 2: Then yesterday it was a really bad day for him and this is what he did, and.
Speaker 23: So we are in a state of emergency.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: White supremacist violence is always has been the number one threat to our society.
Speaker 16: But I'm also very proud that my wife is white.
Speaker 2: The breakfast club bitch.
Speaker 11: All right, Ronny, please tell me why was I your donkey.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, donkey today for Friday, May nineteenth goes to the bigoted barbie known as Marjorie Taylor Green. Oh, the mayonnaise is heavy on this one, people, This human jar hellman's Marjorie Taylor Green is out of her white devil damn mind Marjorie says things like, you know, the forest fires in California was started by a laser beams from space that are controlled by Jewish people. She says things like Bill and Hillary Clinton had John F. Kennedy Junior killed because he was a political rival. She says things like President Obama is the secret Muslim, and she says things like a plane probably didn't crash into the Pentagon on nine to eleven. She's actually a person who should probably have a YouTube channel more than she should have a seat in Congress. But yesterday she spoke on a confrontation she had outside the Capitol with a brother. I like a lot of Congressman Jamal Bowman dropping the clues bods of Congressman Jamal Bowman. My confrontation started because the House Republicans deflected a Democratic motion to expel the federally indicted New York Representative George Santos, and Santos spoke to reporters, jab Ba Bowman does what he always does, you know, and that's starting some good trouble, you know, some good disruption because he called out that George Santos should resign, and Marjorie Taylor Green didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Let's listen.
Speaker 7: To say to save yourself.
Speaker 2: Like I said, if I could, if I could understand you over my colleagues screaming here the reality is better. You gotta go, man, Come on, how's your ethics? How's your ethics?
Speaker 12: Play guy?
Speaker 16: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 12: Come what?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't continue to true you guys.
Speaker 2: Because there's a deright.
Speaker 1: Well, even though do we have Marjorie approaching Jamal Bowman, we have that one.
Speaker 2: Let's say that. No more chilling nonsense.
Speaker 25: Come on the party, children, there's something about guns.
Speaker 2: The players went trumps.
Speaker 22: Where where are the micant.
Speaker 2: Youth that we love?
Speaker 6: The children? You can't find them?
Speaker 1: Grant children. Just sounds like a difference of opinion to people outside right, going back and forth. Even though Marjorie Taylor Green clearly approached Jamal Bowman, and you heard the conversation she did with all Karen's doing, decided to play victim.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to what she had to say.
Speaker 24: Bowmen shouting at the top of his lungs, cursing, calling me a horrible calling me a white supremacist, which I take great offense to. That is like calling a person of color the N word. Which should never happen. Calling me a white supremacist is equal to that, and that is wrong. Jamal Bowman was down there cursing at me, telling me to get the f out of there, and he was leading them all right outside the vehicle I was sitting in. We have this all on video, and then on the Capitol steps yesterday, he was the one that approached me. Even CNN reported that yelling, shouting, raising his voice, he has aggressive. His physical mannerisms are aggressive. I think there's a lot of concern about Jamal Bowman so and I am concerned about it. I feel threatened by him.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I didn't see none of that in the video.
Speaker 1: But when you look in the Book of Karen, chapter one, verse two, it says, now shall play victim and weaponize die whiteness against black men.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, what the Congressman Bowman have to say about it. But Jormie Taylor Green at.
Speaker 9: Her press conference this morning, I said something incredibly dangerous and incredibly reckless about for me talking about my demeanor as being aggressive and saying that she feels intimidated bout Unfortunately, this country has a history of characterizing black men who are outspoken who's standing at ground and who pushed back as being threatening or intimidated.
Speaker 2: So she's not even using a dog whistle.
Speaker 9: She's using a bullhorn to put a target on my back to the people that she refers to as maga people out there who might want to cause harm.
Speaker 2: This is the same reason why Mike Brown was killed.
Speaker 6: This is one of the reasons why Emmon Teil was killed.
Speaker 9: And throughout history, black men have continued to be characterized as aggressive.
Speaker 2: Because one because of our skin color, but two.
Speaker 9: Because we happen to be outspoken and passionate about certain issues.
Speaker 1: What Marjorie tail Agreen did is textbook and has gotten a lot of Black men killed and a lot of Black men falsely in prison. And I don't know how y'all ever walked around saying believe all women when women like her exist on this planet. Now, the reason Marjorie tail a Green is getting donkey of today is for this statement right here, play this one clip real quick.
Speaker 24: Reck calling me a white supremacist, which I take great offense to. That is like calling a person of color the N word, which should never happen. Calling me a white supremacist is equal to that, and that is wrong.
Speaker 1: Fun fact that I think most sane people would common sense. No, calling someone a white supremacist is not the same as calling someone the N word. Okay, Comparing white supremacy to the N word is nuts, because white supremacy is a term that was given because of white people's actions feeling superior to other races and cultures. The N word is the exact opposite of that. It's too deep power our people because of our skin color. Okay, white supremacy is power. The N word has no power. One is a description, and one is clearly an insult. If you wanted to compare it to you wouldn't say white supremacy. You would probably use other colorful words like honky whitey, peckerwood, mayonnaise, blue white, white devil are my favorite, and it comes from the black philosopher Chris Rock when he said.
Speaker 2: This, mother.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are close, but not equivalent because of all the blood on the N word.
Speaker 2: Just to be and just to be all the way textbook with it.
Speaker 1: A white supremacist is a person who believes that white people are a superior race and should therefore dominate society, typically to the exclusion our detriment of other racial and ethnic groups. Marjorie, based on your stances in regards the Muslims and the LGBTQ and Jewish people, I think that title is actually fitting for you. The N word is a racial slur used against black people, and a lot of people use it as a term for ignorant. I'm gonna be honest with you, Marjorie Taylor Green, you actually are a white supremacist nigger.
Speaker 2: Okay, see the N word. Listen. The N word has historically been about color.
Speaker 1: White people use it against black people all the time, but it's actually more so about behavior.
Speaker 2: Like we refer to ignorant people of.
Speaker 1: All races as the N word, And Marjorie Taylor Green, you are one of the most niggatively acting white women I've ever met in my life. I've never met you, but ever seen in my life. Okay, I don't think anyone should ever call you a white supremacist without adding the N word to it.
Speaker 2: Marjorie Taylor Green is a white supremacist nigga. Okay.
Speaker 1: In fact, the only way your false equivalency makes sense is if you say white supremacy.
Speaker 2: Is ignorance, which it is, and if you are.
Speaker 1: Saying white supremacy is ignorance, and that's why it's the same is the N word.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: If that's how you want it to be, other than that you just out here spewing. Cracker asked cocka please let Chelsea Handler give that white supremacist nigga. Marjorie Taylor Green the biggest he haw. Jesus hee haw hee haw. That is way too much, Dan Maynes, my girl Kathy Griffin ad, I know she got something to say.
Speaker 2: Please give this giant jar male the biggest he haw. Chris Rock's been the block one time as Cracker. What my girl? That what we got on the menu today?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 3: All right, on b Eat shout out to BT. I want to how many time they're gonna hit a bleep on b Dumpy.
Speaker 2: Tight and practices is going crazy?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: They are losing their mind they definitely, as Cracker, they're going they're losing their minds. You can't say coming to America in Eddie's bed or whatever, Rick's bed.
Speaker 5: Can't say that.
Speaker 2: You can't say that.
Speaker 5: But BT, we'll see you guys on Monday.
Speaker 3: I please have a great weekend everybody else. When we come back, Rob Talker will be joining us, Rob Parker.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's a sports analyst, sports writer. He's from Queens, New York. He does so much for the community, and we're gonna talk to him when we come back.
Speaker 1: So don't move.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's dj n V Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, brother Rob Parker.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: What's up Queens Jamaica, Queen jamake a Queen's.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: You know Robin? So I told her I saw Robin the street the other day.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I was excited to see him because you know, first take that's the part of your morning ritual.
Speaker 4: Right right.
Speaker 1: No, So when I saw him, like, oh, shooting, I was like, man, hey, man, just to let you know, we use the term cornball brother all the time.
Speaker 2: I know you get that a lot.
Speaker 11: It's unbelievable that it became a thing. Somebody even told me like in an urban dictionary. I get credit for that, and I'm like, cornball was just to me, that was like, no big deal. The words I could have used.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to use.
Speaker 11: I thought that was a softening kind of word to use. And I couldn't believe how big it got.
Speaker 3: Comb Now you created, you launched a Major League Baseball bro podcast, website and everything. Now, how do we make baseball fun again? Baseball has made changes this season or what changes that they make? Okay, So they have the pitch clock. Okay, so now you have to throw pitches within ten seconds you get in the box. Guys can't sit around and rearrange themselves and you got to get in and either if you don't, they call a strike on the batter. And if it's a pitcher and you don't get on the mount and throw within the time allotted, then you get a ball on your from your end.
Speaker 2: So the game has changed this year.
Speaker 11: The bases are bigger and more stolen bases getting back to the bases are bigger.
Speaker 6: They made the bases bigger.
Speaker 2: Now it's almost the size of a pizza box.
Speaker 5: Why did they do that?
Speaker 11: Okay, So now it gives you a little more edge to be able to steal bases. Right because the bases, I could get to the base sooner. And they also wanted to make the bases bigger to be able to eliminate being stepped on and injuries that have happened. The pitch clock has cut thirty minutes off the game we go to a game. Now, games in major leagues are now two thirty five.
Speaker 5: To forty posted four hours. Three and a half.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like three and a half hours. So baseball has made a lot of those changes and it's been good for the game. And then, so let me tell you, MLB bro was an idea had going back. We start launched in twenty twenty one, and basically what we do is we cover black and brown Major leaguers and we cover top to bottom. There's about eighty eighty five black players and we're on top of them. And Major League Baseball this past year partnered with us and decided that they liked what we've been doing and this is something that they wanted to have a partnership with. And this has been really good and there's all kinds of other elements to it. I have a staff of over sixty mostly young black and round reporters and content producers. It is incredible.
Speaker 2: This podcast must be doing amazing.
Speaker 6: It is, it's doing great.
Speaker 11: It's a website and podcast and they do all the teams though, right, So yeah, we do all the teams. We've got players, all reporters and content producers and all over. We're on social media, have a staff of like fifteen or twenty. So this goes back to twenty twenty. Went to the Baseball Star Game in Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: Me JR.
Speaker 11: Gamble, who's the managing editor of the site, and Mark Gray. We're all three brothers and we're all at the Baseball Star Game and it was just a dream of ours. We talked about it and we actually made this thing happen. But to have the backing of Major League Baseball, major League Baseball is an eleven billion dollar industry. MLB didn't have to join in with us and say that, you know, we'll be cool with this, but they saw the value in it, and it's organic and it's real. It's not like a bunch of white guys sitting around a table say what can we come up with to attract black people.
Speaker 6: To the game.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you that are more black players or less black players? And do you see more black fans? Because I don't see as many black players as I did as when I was a kid.
Speaker 11: They're coming and we follow the minor leagues and the players who are there and they are coming. So life haf ESPN has been great, It really has. I mean, you know, during the time, whenever things happen in life. And I've worked at thirty five different places in my career. So after ESPN, you know, I worked in Detroit and continued to work in Detroit, and then since I've gone on the Fox Chris Bussard, and now I have a radio show, The Yad Couple, which is Yeah, which is just a fun show, and we've done a lot on that over the last six years.
Speaker 6: So it's cool.
Speaker 1: When I think back on that situation, I'm like, there had to be something else. It couldn't have just been the Cornball brother comments the RG three. It is no way that caused them to say, Rob, You're no longer with ESPN. It had to be something else going on the scenes.
Speaker 2: I worked there for eighty years, never called to the principal's office.
Speaker 6: Zero. I'm not lying to zero.
Speaker 11: The bad part was it was the perfect storm that hurt me a At that time, he was the one of the most popular players in the NFL, just one like Rookie of the Year. He was a star player Number two. This happened in December of that year. Contract was up at the end of the year. It's easy to just say, like, we're not going to resign you after Do you see what I'm saying? Like it one like they had three years invested in me and what we're gonna do. And if I really wanted to push it, I could have. I could have made a big enough stink because there were emails sent all kinds of I got text for my boss after that segment, Rob, you remained one of the most undervalue talent at ESPN. Producers were told to take that clip to put on the Emmy reel.
Speaker 6: Here's the other one.
Speaker 2: You remember.
Speaker 11: First take was two hours right till noon. Then they had the best of first take, which they played for an hour. They would clip out the three best segments of this show and put it on for the afternoon show. If I had really violated what they were saying that I did and I was out of bounds, do you know that segment was clipped out of the original airing and put into the Best of show?
Speaker 2: How is that put into the Best of show? If I violated ESPN?
Speaker 11: And because they didn't even look at it that way, it was actually just pushed back social media.
Speaker 4: And all that.
Speaker 5: So for people that don't know, allegedly they were upset that you called him a cornball?
Speaker 1: Brother, right, were right? Now, what is wrong with saying somebody's a cornball? I don't even think the people knew why they why they were upset.
Speaker 6: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I don't think that that's.
Speaker 3: Because in high school you would call somebody, oh here cornball, esp But it's not racial, like if there's nothing to that thing too.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody saying somebody saw for some of somebody as a sucker, Like I don't understand watching everybody watching that at the time.
Speaker 2: Knew what he meant, right, you know what I'm saying, And you know what what did I say? I said the guys in the barbershop.
Speaker 11: I even said that, like that's the conversation had in a barbership, because we know what kind of conversations they are.
Speaker 2: But hey, you don't regret it, no, I mean, things happen in life.
Speaker 23: Man.
Speaker 11: I've been doing this for thirty seventy years, kidding thirty seven years to be relevant all this time and to continue to grow, and you know, between Fox Sports Radio and MLB bro and I work for MLB Network and you know I teach at.
Speaker 6: USC, I teach sports journalism. I love that. Yeah, so I'm doing all the stuff that I love to do.
Speaker 1: All right, we got more with Rob Parker when we come back. You know him as a sports analyst, sports writer, and more so, don't move.
Speaker 5: It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, and everybody's dj n V.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club was still kicking it with Rob Parker. You know him as a sports analyst, a sports writer, sports coach too.
Speaker 5: Can the Lakers beat the Nuggets?
Speaker 6: Sure they can.
Speaker 2: I don't think they will. How's that?
Speaker 11: I just think the Joker I think people have you know, they were calling the Nuggets the Chicken Nuggets all season. Nobody want to believe in them. They've been impressive during the post during the postseason. You don't think Ad has nothing for the Joker? Well, he had forty points and the Lakers still got an l in Game one, right, I mean like, if you're if you're a Laker fan and Ad.
Speaker 2: Scored forty, do you think you won that game? Absolutely?
Speaker 6: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: That to me.
Speaker 2: And the Joker didn't score any points in the fourth quarter of Game one was that said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now let's talk heat in Celtics. I don't think anybody thought the Heat was definitely gonna win the first game.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, the Celtics. The Celtics have had to struggle the whole way.
Speaker 11: Remember they lost Game one to Philadelphia, right that they didn't even have him beat in that game. So, I don't know, there's something about the Celtics. They've lost home games to teams that you would think that they should win. It doesn't mean Miami won Game one. It doesn't mean that they can't the Celtics can't win the next four or whatever.
Speaker 1: What about John Morant? How should the NBA handle that situation? People were saying, just be suspended for a whole season.
Speaker 11: What do you think at least half a year because this is the second thing, you know, the second offense, and two months after, like, I just don't even dis something deeper that after you've been through that and people are telling you, hey, you could lose your your Nike deal, and you can lose all these sponsors and all kinds of other things that are goinging on, and yet you still come out and do it. And then people, here's The other thing that I think is people are saying, well, he didn't break any laws. The gun that you don't know if it was right loaded, you know, and all these other things. When you sign up for a professional league, you don't just represent yourself, represent the organization.
Speaker 6: You represent the league.
Speaker 11: That's why their code of conduct, you know, these contracts right, moral clauses.
Speaker 1: And I think with just we say two incidents, but it's been more than two incidents. Yeah, two incident of him waving a gun, but there's been other incidents that all involved guns in some way.
Speaker 11: Suppose he beat up a seventeen year old kid in his backyard and there was that he brandished a gun in that situation. Pointing right with the Indiana Pacers, like there's too many things going on here where you can just turn your head and act like nothing's happened.
Speaker 5: Something's happened now, you know. People were saying that did EMBD deserve the MVP over the joke? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 6: It was close? The numbers are real close.
Speaker 11: Embiid I know, politics like he felt like he didn't get it last year, but now watching the joker, the people are like, oh, maybe he might have been and the one thing I had as a pushback to people who didn't want to vote for him.
Speaker 6: I get voter fatigue.
Speaker 11: He wanted two years, but there are a lot of voters I think didn't wanted him to win it three years in a row because Jordan never did it. Lebron never won, you know what I mean. But it's got to be it should be in a vacuum, not when you're looking out for historical standpoints. It's got to just be based on the number, and his numbers were very close to Embiid.
Speaker 2: I'm not I don't have.
Speaker 11: An issue because I respect people's votes if they really believe it was Embeid.
Speaker 2: It's not like the Joker, for sure was miles ahead and got jerked.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't feel like that.
Speaker 1: And why do you believe Lebron is better off losing in the Western Conference finals in the NBA finals?
Speaker 11: But first of all, I call Lebron the Ffote, the finals failure of all time, because he's lost more finals than any other former MVP.
Speaker 6: I just don't think that.
Speaker 11: If you're still trying to make a case for Lebron against Michael being the goat another loss in the finals, doesn't.
Speaker 6: Help his argument.
Speaker 11: He'll be four and seven. It'd be better off if he lost now in this then to go to the finals and lose again. Then people, if you're trying to make that argument, go he lost seven times, Mike won six, never lost and won all six MVP.
Speaker 6: Which one you want?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I never understand when we started giving people participation trophies.
Speaker 2: If nobody ever said the Buffalo bille is one of the greatest NFL.
Speaker 11: Teams that never happened, thank you. That's my argument all the time when I talk about it. Marv Levy was the coach of that Buffalo Bill's team went to fourth. Have you ever heard anybody say Marv leve he's the greatest coach in NFL history. No, because it's about winning. It is about winning, and if we talk about the greatest of all time, we should nitpick. Look through somebody's resume. Who'd you beat? What was the circumstance, what was the situation?
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 11: And it doesn't mean that because I don't think he's Lebron's not the goat. I think he's a bum. He's a great player. I think he's the second best player of all time. But I don't think he's I don't think he's to go. I got him fourth, fourth.
Speaker 1: I got Michael and people don't agree with you, but I got Steph Curry. You got Steph Curry, Steph two, Kobe three, then brond in Magic.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 6: I can't get with the Steph Curry.
Speaker 11: Why because I don't know if he has those other two championships without Durant.
Speaker 6: Remember that.
Speaker 3: But you can say bron don't have those championships without Kyrie. You can say you don't have it without you can say he don't have it without a d.
Speaker 11: But the only difference is Steph Curry is the author of the biggest choke in the history of the NBA.
Speaker 2: When they lost a three to one league had never happened in the.
Speaker 5: History of the Nbamond got suspended time.
Speaker 11: Yep, that was Game five, but they still lost game six, Game seven. And remember in that finals that year, they set the record for the most wins in the regular season. Okay, they didn't lose more than two games in a row all year, and then they lost the last three games to lose the finals. That's a big negative for this greatest And here's the other part.
Speaker 1: But he's still three and one in the NBA Final was against Lebron and he won a ring without Katie, went to rings without Katie.
Speaker 6: I get it.
Speaker 2: Katie ain't done. Katie has nothing since he's Steph C.
Speaker 11: But if you take those two away, I don't think you're putting that confedce. I think k D and if you remember k D, they were aiding one against Lebron and and k D was the best player on that team.
Speaker 2: It's Steph the greatest shooter of all time? Last yes, okay, shooter.
Speaker 11: I don't know. It's hard for me to say that Steph is because and I'm just gonna give you a circumstance. How can you say he's the greatest shooter when nobody will take him to make a basket to win the game at the end.
Speaker 2: I think that that's why I'm not on board with the greatest shooter of all time. Damn, that's saying a lot. But I mean, when I look at people, who is that fair?
Speaker 6: Do you shoot what I'm saying, what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying, like the greatest shooter, that's got to be included. How you don't make no big shots? But then yeah, I say by that, by that logic, Robert Or the greatest shooter, the greatest shooter.
Speaker 11: That logic, you would say Robert Orry is one of the greatest clutch shooter. Yeah, not a great I'm just saying because of the clutch doesn't go there. If you want to say somebody's the greatest shooter, it just it doesn't make any sense to me. If I ask you a player, and I give you three choices to make a shot at the end of the game to win, and you don't pick Steph, Steph should be picked every time.
Speaker 3: But like Charlay said, if you put Robert or in there and then you talk about clutch shooting and how many times they call them right now, you put those floor in there, big shop, you might go to big Shop, Bob because you know big sha.
Speaker 11: Bas clutch clutch. No, I get it, But I say, it doesn't make him the best shooter. No, but it's got to be the whole packing.
Speaker 2: What do you have stuff?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Is he top five to you?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: Top ten?
Speaker 6: Probably top ten. What's your top five?
Speaker 11: I would say obviously Michael lebron Kareem magic and then five.
Speaker 1: I never even thought about Kobe wasn't being your top five.
Speaker 2: No, Kobe's not a top five either.
Speaker 6: You know why.
Speaker 2: He's the closest thing to Jordan.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but the only problem is even on his team when he's with Shaq, Shaq was the most dominant player in the league now Kobe. So it's hard for me when Shaq means he wins two. Yeah, but that he didn't win too immediately he had to go get Pole gasol Le's.
Speaker 2: He had to rebuild it. Remember when he's with Smutch Parker. I don't think he was winning back then, was he Okay?
Speaker 5: So Kobe's not in So who's the five? Who's in between?
Speaker 11: I hate to ex out the old players, you know what I mean? I think they get the short end of the stick. I mean, obviously, Bill Russell won eleven championships, so it's hard for me to totally leave him out. I'll take Bill Russell, Bill Russell. Is it true you don't think Tom Brady should be allowed in the Hall of Fame? Tom Brady is the load, first of all?
Speaker 2: What's the load?
Speaker 6: The luckiest of all?
Speaker 4: Tom?
Speaker 12: God?
Speaker 2: Damn, what I could give you four of those Super.
Speaker 11: Bowls that he shouldn't have. First of all the talk rule. Remember that he coughed up the ball, they gave it back to her.
Speaker 2: He went the nine Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's under the.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady he went with Tampa.
Speaker 1: But I'm just asking literally, after leaving Newingly, he takes Dampa to the Super Bowl in the.
Speaker 2: First year when they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 11: I'll give you that, and that's why I call him lucky. But also, the New England Patriots have cheated. And I just have a hard time with if Tom Brady was suspended by the league for cheating with the Flake kid.
Speaker 6: But if we're going to.
Speaker 11: Say Bonds and Clemens and all these people don't blow in the Hall of Fame because they cheated or what, Okay, then Tom Brady was a part of an organization and a team that cheated. Why are we making it like that doesn't matter. I wish my Cowboys would cheat, right, don't you want them to win?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, Rob, we appreciate you joining us. Give them the information on your podcast, MLB bro.
Speaker 6: MLB broke because you need to know.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You need to know is Rob Parker's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Everybody's DJ n V. Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Nyla Simone is here DJ Nyla, and it's time for past the auks.
Speaker 6: It's time for last ya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DJ co Big Nyla.
Speaker 5: That's right now.
Speaker 3: If you don't know what passed the auxes, that's when we passed the oxes. She tell us what we should be listening to, some new stuff. It might be a classic, you never know, but it's something that she's rocking. And Nila, what's up?
Speaker 22: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 9: How are you?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 6: That is very fresh?
Speaker 2: Very fresh? You made that yourself?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 22: I didn't make this one.
Speaker 26: Okay, okay, yeah, but it matched my strength of a woman shirt. You know, I was out there in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: There you go, thank you.
Speaker 22: It was fun.
Speaker 26: But all right, So to get to the music, I'm going to start off with Little Dirk and j Cole with all my life.
Speaker 5: Oh love it.
Speaker 2: That record phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I text Bootleg keV the first time I heard this record, I said, keV, you spoke too soon about Dirk not having a hit record.
Speaker 5: That's a hit record, that hit that could be the summer, the som anthem it should be.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you, I don't know what determines the hit record no more. Because it sounds like a hit, sounds like a big record, you know what I mean. It sounds like sounds like a huge record. It puts me in the vein of like jay Z hard knocked life.
Speaker 1: And not even just because of the kids and kids singing on the hook, but the content of the round.
Speaker 22: Big question was her not life like in the clubs?
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 22: You think all my life is going to be in the club.
Speaker 1: When I think of like think I think you'd be able to play the record? It wasn't in It was a little bit, a little bit. It wasn't like a big club smash. They had other records like money Cash Holes from that in the club. But I think you will be able to play that in the club A snippet of it in and out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because because it was because even with jay Z would play it to something for my big for then you were going to and then you're going to J record.
Speaker 1: I used to people going to a biggie record and they started doing that. Well I don't know if I don't know who did it first, but.
Speaker 26: Either way, great record and I'm honestly not really a huge little Dirk fans, so I had, nah, I.
Speaker 22: Don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I Liker is busy.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I'm a Cold fan though, so that made me look forward to the Dirk project.
Speaker 22: So shout out to Dirk for that. And the Cold verse was crazy.
Speaker 1: She said she went to Saint John's because of J Cole, she got dreads because of J Cole, and she rides city bikes because of J Cole.
Speaker 2: That's what she said.
Speaker 22: Yes, sure, you told me gas and stuff that I believe.
Speaker 26: All right, So the next one we're going to get into Janelle Monette's new record. You guys probably seen the video going viral. It's called Lipstick Lover.
Speaker 2: That's phenomenal My lipstick lover for sure? What did that mean? What's lipstick love?
Speaker 16: Me?
Speaker 22: Lipstick lover?
Speaker 2: It's lesbians?
Speaker 22: Right, I'm assuming?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 22: The video, you know, it was given like one big orgy.
Speaker 5: That's what it seemed like.
Speaker 22: Did you guys see it?
Speaker 5: I did video you the clip of it.
Speaker 22: I saw her, I saw, I saw I hate having conversations with you.
Speaker 3: It was a clip on her flashing in, but it's also seen the video where she's swimming through the people No, I saw a video.
Speaker 1: I saw the clip of her flashing in the club, but I saw a music video where she got her breast up.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what she was walking up the stairs. No, I saw her sitting down, like, no, I.
Speaker 22: Saw her at the club.
Speaker 2: Do that she was performing at the club the video.
Speaker 22: Then, No, I did see the video.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's a video that I saw on Ganello on they page she posted and it's from lipstick Level.
Speaker 2: No, that's what she was in the water, and she has actual music video.
Speaker 26: All right, Well, either way, what did you guys think? Definitely very bet uncut.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like the song as a song as though it got it got it got a vibe to like a Jamaican vibe.
Speaker 2: This Oh yeah, I'm right crazy humans.
Speaker 26: All right, Well that's Jenell Moee's joint. And you know, somebody commented and was like, yo, Nila, you would be a great person to play in Genello on A's biopickure they do that, and I'm like, oh my god, I would love.
Speaker 19: To do that.
Speaker 22: I don't know about this.
Speaker 2: Gash it, yeah, gassing it what.
Speaker 22: Nonetheless, if you guys interested, I'm interested too, all right.
Speaker 26: And then the last record I'm gonna do is from Cali from Atlanta and it's call area codes.
Speaker 2: Okay, did it first? She's got to give credit to the O G. Yeah, all you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course she signed Arista, right. I think Atlanta at that whole family.
Speaker 2: Like what you were flowing on it, she was definitely a pocket.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 22: So that's the new joint.
Speaker 26: And she's been doing remixes with girls in different area codes, so she.
Speaker 22: Didn't want in New York with like Kenzo b. They're just going to the West Coast.
Speaker 26: I think she's gonna be doing one with Sexy Red, so she just it's cool because it'sfying the girls and then just spreading the record.
Speaker 1: Seem like everybody signing a woman Now, Yeah, I wonder, I mean, I know why, right.
Speaker 2: Because, but I wonder what's continuing to make them do that, because usually.
Speaker 5: Because they're selling records and making hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because usually they do that when it's like you know, a card he's hot, are mags when it's like one or two people hot.
Speaker 2: But this seems like they're just signing a bunch.
Speaker 5: Of You think about it. In the last six months, how many women that went number one?
Speaker 3: Gorilla, you got a lotto, You've gotten Nicki Minaj Cardi.
Speaker 2: The women have dominated all your.
Speaker 26: Long, Yeah, to the point where, like I wonder if we're gonna get to a point where both can exist at the same time.
Speaker 22: What you mean, yeah, because I feel like it's been crickets for the men.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 1: A little baby stealing the charge, Drake sealing the charice. This record that you just played early is gonna be.
Speaker 22: I'm not really like moving the needle like the women are moving the needle.
Speaker 1: No, it's been a definitely a woman dominated yet that's in the last year, the last six months.
Speaker 2: We just need somebody toxic to come out.
Speaker 22: That's all y'all got mad toxic. I mean everything y'all do is toxic.
Speaker 23: I don't think we need any more of that.
Speaker 22: But we actually needed something different.
Speaker 1: We did Little Dirk, Little Dirk on there. His album is called Almost Healed. Yeah, and that album he's literally talking about growing and evolving and like, I love.
Speaker 22: It fair enough. Yeah, I think it's be a good year for Dirk.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, we appreciate you for.
Speaker 26: Joining us, Yes, of course, did you guys haven't already make sure you download the PDA playlist, the past the Docs playlist.
Speaker 22: You can get it by clicking my leak in.
Speaker 26: Bio on Instagram at nilos samo n y la s y m O n e E. And while I'm here, I gotta do my shameless plugs.
Speaker 22: I'm sorry.
Speaker 26: Make sure you guys follow my podcast page that we need to talk at the What hip Hop podcast featuring Mouse Jones, And of course make sure you guys happen to Amazon Music's Twitch every Wednesday night.
Speaker 22: It's me Rob, Markman, Speedy and Gabe and we just go through like hip hop.
Speaker 2: News and debate Big Nyla, not the little one.
Speaker 22: Don't play with her, don't play with it, don't play with it, don't play with it?
Speaker 2: Okay, lo Look all right?
Speaker 1: When we come back and got the People's Choice mix, you throw it back On a.
Speaker 3: Friday, let's go. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same. Into four chance to win a VIP trip to see a live Nation concert in the city of your choice. Concert week is May tenth through the sixteenth, twenty five dollars all in tickets. Come see all your favorite artists for entrying rules. Vi'sit breakfast Club online dot com owning everybody. It's DJ Envy Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building on this Friday.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: We have a length and timas welcome back.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey y'all, Hi, that to you again, that's right.
Speaker 2: The Dude's echo twenty First, tell people what the Doula ex Boy.
Speaker 5: Is if they just finding out this Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 23: This Saturday and Sunday. So, Doula Exo is Coachella for birth workers and families. It is our annual event that is about really shaping a vision in future for what birth work could be, how we can improve maternal health outcomes, but also how we can celebrate.
Speaker 7: So it's a party, it's festive.
Speaker 23: It's a space where people can come together from elected to families, to hospital and healthcare systems and then doulas and care workers. Is for everybody to have a day of self care and reflection and fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is your third one. So what's different about any different about this one? Or what can people if they've been to the recent ones or the ones before, what's different about this it's a great question and be so.
Speaker 23: The first year we did it in Bushwick and it was like a six thousand square foot space. We had like four hundred people. Last year, Charlemagne was there, it was amazing. He did a great talk with Charles Johnson about a black man and maternal health. And then that space was about sixteen thousand square feet and we had a thousand people. This space is six d thousand, six zero sixty thousand square feet. It's an entire floor in Hudson Yards. We have a private entrance. You come on tenth Avenue, you come up the elevator banks you're going to be in like Mama Glow World. And yeah, we check a couple thousand people this year. We have amazing giveaways.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 7: We have a nurser reset.
Speaker 23: So if you got a baby and you just want to like you know, or your baby on the way, you need a brand new room. We got an entire nursery set that's gonna be gifted. It's about ten thousand dollars of value. So in a really nice, amazing Brooklyn based modern furniture company that's that's bringing that in. We have a bunch of different activations so CBS Health is doing an activation, So there's all these different spaces that you can go in and check out and hang out in throughout the day. And then there's also childcare so if you have little ones and you want them to, you know, stay active, we have a couple of childcare providers that are there activating and activities for kids. You can just hang out there all day.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like it grows so much every year because clearly this information was needed and people wanted to save space to come talk about Black maternal health exactly.
Speaker 23: And I think you know what we're seeing now, especially with the reintroduction of the Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act, which you know is now in its third year being presented. We need to get it passed. I think this is a great space to also lift up policy and legislative efforts that are really important right now. And for those who don't know, Senator Corey Booker and Representative Underwood were the people who really drove forward this legislation through the Black Maternal Health Caucus. And what's really important about this particular package of legislation is thirteen different bills that it's the most comprehensive piece of legislation to get pushed through that we need to push through that addresses maternal health, and so we haven't seen anything like it. We do need to get it passed. We do need to do this on a national level because then it'll impact locally how health funding is dispersed, how we think about accountability when things like maternal does happen, how we account for data. It will really help us to do better for for our black moms.
Speaker 2: And this is something that a white predend and Kamala Harris has really gotten behind too.
Speaker 23: Absolutely. It is one of the pieces on the federal agenda, and it's something that even when she was a Senator, she was doing this work in California, and so you know, she has also signed on to everything. The White House has made a commitment to maternal health, and they have their Maternal Health Blueprint that they released last year that really kind of outlined like what their provisions were and what they wanted to do on a national level to improve maternal health.
Speaker 1: How did you get Tatiana Ali become host? You know, I haven't seen that legend in a long time.
Speaker 25: The same thing.
Speaker 23: You know, Tatiana and I we knew each other for a long time, and she also is an incredible maternal health advocate and some of who had she shared her experience actually that she had a really challenging first birth experience which she was able to share and highlight like what happens to people, even people who are resourced, right, because we know stories like Serena Williams and Beyonce as well, And so she was sharing how she had a similar experience where she wasn't supported in the way she needed and that made her, you know, really stand on the front lines and also support and champion maternal health. But but we're friends too, and she was like, look, I'm coming, I want to do this. We need to like make it a celebration. And last year we had Karen Parsons. Yeah, next year we gotta have will and Jana Right, No, but but amazing, I mean she's so great, and I think the mission and what we're doing, you know, is just about like uplifting birth workers, uplifting maternal health, and also just like you know, it's a celebration too, because bird should be joyful and transcendent and celebratory, right, And a lot of the conversations we're having obviously focus on maternal deaths, and if we're focused there, you know, it does take us away from the really beautiful things we should also be celebrating and preparing people for. So, so that's what this weekend is about.
Speaker 7: It's about celebration.
Speaker 23: It's about loving up on people, gifting them, making sure that they have the resources that they need. We've been able to support a lot of birth workers and also people in community who can't afford to attend with you know, access to the event. So that's another thing that we're also proud of.
Speaker 2: And you're a professor at Brown University as well.
Speaker 23: Right, Yes, So since I saw y'all last I had a historic appointment at Brown University as an assistant visiting professor the practice of Gender and Sexuality Studies and the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Learning on Women. I know it's a lot and so at.
Speaker 2: Brown would strike that down if you had the change.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah he would.
Speaker 23: Yeah, he'd be like, wait, what gender studies sexuality studies? Like right, So, but what's great about this appointment at Brown is that I've been working with the next generation of people who want to be in healthcare, who want to be obgyn's my students, like the range of students will be like bioethics, OBGYN, public health, ob guide, and pre med.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because I never thought about that before. Was doula's recognized. Are they recognized as like medical professionals?
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 6: So there are not.
Speaker 23: They're non clinical care providers. So with that, and that's very important because somebody might say, oh, let me have a doula to come deliver my baby. That's not supposed to happen, right, You're supposed to have a clinician, so a midwife or a physician to deliver the baby. The doula is there as a non clinical care provider to provide emotional support, physical support, education, advocacy tools, and partner support so that when you move this process you have what you need to, you know, to feel supported.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask for people that want to come out this weekend, you know, how can they is it purchasing tickets?
Speaker 1: How can they get tickets? And what should they expect? What time should they be there and know all that other stuff.
Speaker 23: I'm like so excited because I'm like, I want to experience a day, but I have to work today, that's right, So so ten am. Doors open, the content will kind of kickoff starting around I think eleven, and then they can just be there throughout the day. You know, one thing to think through too. If you can't physically come, you can do live streaming, so you can just go to doulah xpo dot com and there's you know, information on that. But you know you want to be there because it is a vibe and it is a mood for breakfast club. You know, folks like I did last time, I love y'all, I love your listeners. Like if people want to put the breakfast Club at checkout, we'll have tickets for you to attend and you can come complimentary as guests of our p because these are my people.
Speaker 1: It be a Charlotte Magne that all right.
Speaker 2: What's the website, So doula xpo dot com.
Speaker 23: And then when you see the registration, you so do d O U l a expo e xpo dot com. And then when you see the registration click there and then when you check out, put the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Now for the last question for people that want to get involved, they can't get this year, want next year. Maybe they want to donate something or they want to be a part of it. For all these companies out there, whether it's Gerber or whoever it may be.
Speaker 1: I love you for this.
Speaker 5: How can they get in touch with you?
Speaker 23: They can come, They can email us info at Mama Glow dot com.
Speaker 5: Info at Mama glow dot com.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for joining us, and I want to see everybody out there on May twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: First, it's this Friday and Saturdays.
Speaker 7: To the Bird to the Future.
Speaker 23: That's our theme.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's futuristic.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's Latham Thomas. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: I will shout to Latham Thomas for joining us this morning. Make sure you definitely check out her Doula Expo. And I just want to say I appreciate all you guys. We got about nine days left to my car show in Memphis. U the love is so real. I appreciate you guys. I mean we're gonna have cars, of course Young Dolph's fleet, We're gonna have key Glock fifty cent be myself. There's so many people put their cars in the show, and I just want to say thank you. There's gonna be rise, there's gonna be games for kids, gaming, trucks. Uh, there's gonna be food, trucks, so many things. If you want to put your car in the show, we still have a little space. Djmvycar Show at gmail dot com if you want to be a vendor, and I can't wait to see you guys.
Speaker 5: It's next Sunday.
Speaker 3: Of course, there's no work of school next week Monday because of Labor Day. It ends out Memphis in May. So if you're in the surrounding areas, pull up on us at Memphis. And if you can't make that, when you know, Father's Day weekend, we're heading to Houston, h town. So salute to my brother Trade the Truth and everybody out in Houston because we do that car show for the community each and every year.
Speaker 5: And again the kids fibing under a roll.
Speaker 2: I said, that's Trade call show.
Speaker 5: Yo, can say whatever you want, Trades, my brother.
Speaker 2: I mean, technically it is. It's you and Trades show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know the thing about it is, oh God, I'm gonna tell you some real stuff. When I first started thinking about doing the car shows in different areas, I didn't know Houston.
Speaker 2: So I reached out to Trade and Trey was like, yo, let's do it together. That was what you're supposed to do, exactly.
Speaker 3: So when it started popping out and you know, I figured it out and Trey called me up and said, let's do it together.
Speaker 5: So you know, I like to spread money and I love Trey. That's my brother.
Speaker 3: So the fact that we can do it together and build the city and do everything that we want to do for community, doing what you're supposed to absolutely so shout to my brother Trey.
Speaker 2: When you go to Miami to do it, you gotta do it with Ross. No, could you stop? Okay, unity is strength, It is a right.
Speaker 1: When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved. That is actually my positive note of today. Okay, this is just all fun and games. It's just you know, men having delightful, playful banter back and forth with each other, that's all.
Speaker 2: And everybody gonna win at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Your car show going to be a success. Ross Car Show gonna be a success. Right now is just all about who got the best jokes, all right, Eddie Murphy still man milk at his bad You gotta stop saying that because Eddie, I don't know what Eddie got to do it. You're gonna make any throw a call show, not have any throw a call show. Both of y'all in trouble. You're right, Okay, you're right.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club bit is. You're gonna finish for y'all. Done,