Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me. All about that high school drama girl drama girl, all about them.
Speaker 2: High school queens.
Speaker 3: We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl sharing for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama Queens, girl girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drahna Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 4: You guys. We are continuing with our best of the best family Reunion podcast episodes here getting to know all of our friends in a deeper way.
Speaker 3: So excited about this next guest. I love him. I'm always happy when I see him, so smart and sweet.
Speaker 2: One of our favorite humans, one of the most supportive friends, and I mean somebody who's just been showing us how it's done for literal decades and still looks like a teenager. Like still what a legend.
Speaker 3: Folks, Please welcome to the show and twin Tenna yo you you yeah, hi, Daddy, it's early. Thanks for waking up to hang out with us. I know it's early over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we was up last night with Mom and Pops. It was the forty eighth anniversary, so oh yeah, yeah, we was up with them. What'd you guys do nothing? They got drunken with the sleep.
Speaker 4: You know, after forty eight years, that's you know, you've deserved that. You don't have to show up for anybody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they went time. They had a good time though, So that was cool.
Speaker 4: I love that. Hey listen, so we're doing something different on the podcast during this strike, and we would love to hear from you, you know, how the change in the business has affected your career and how you're supporting sag Aftra. You've been doing this longer than I have. What have you seen that's different in the industry over the last couple decades.
Speaker 6: It's so easy to get in there, and it's not I think it's so easy, and I don't think like because like when we will first go to auditions, the best actor won the job.
Speaker 5: Period.
Speaker 6: It wasn't about how many followers you had, what your social media status was, because when you get to that audition, you had to be prepared to go in that room and read against so and so, and you got to deal with conversations in the audition area, and then you know, people trying to throw you off your game. You're not focused and you go in the room.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that used to be the worst. Yeah, remember people psyching you out and waiting, Oh.
Speaker 5: My gosh, I throw you off your game.
Speaker 6: Then you got to go in that room and you got to actually fill the energy of the room.
Speaker 5: Look the room. And now you could self tape and you could cut eighties six times and send the best place they say, oh, that person is ready, and then when they get on set, then now you're shooting eighty six takes because because you didn't know.
Speaker 6: So it's like a difference. So I feel like the competition level has really dwindled down, and you could tell about the performances when you watch. When you watch the shows, you'd be like, oh my god, he sounded like he read that off the paper.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 6: So it's just like the I don't think the quality level is there, And I think a lot of stuff is based on social media, like likes, what is people actually looking at?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you get famous first before you actually have to have any talent. In a lot of ways, that's super frustrating.
Speaker 2: One of the things that's also weird to me about the world of self tapes is that we are now essentially responsible for being dps and camera operators and like people people are amazing and by the way, amazing ingenuity, right, people making really creative tapes. Like I've seen some things where I'm like wow, And then I'm also like, that's not my job, right, job as an actor is to show up and work with a DP and an entire camera department and like set decorators. And the pressure that's being put on people to submit an interesting tape rather than just a good performance feels wild to me.
Speaker 3: Well pay me, Like if I'm going to take six hours out of my day to set up lights, figure out how to get a camera operator to come into my house, find a reader that's really great, find us, you know, make sure I've got the sound right. Then I got to get after I'm done taping, I got to get on my computer and edit everything. Then I got to figure out how to upload it to the right thing. Like it is. It is a serious job they're asking us to do and a lot of and we're not gonna pay for that.
Speaker 2: And the turnarounds. Have you guys noticed how short the turnarounds have gotten? Like I got asked to read for a project I was very excited about, and they wanted a tape from me the next afternoon and it was fourteen pages.
Speaker 3: Stop it right now, heavy material. No, you need to be paid for that, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was like, guys, I have like podcasts I have to do.
Speaker 4: Like I'm busy.
Speaker 2: My Google calendar is full. I could maybe do this next Tuesday. But they were like, yeah, but it's due tomorrow afternoon. And I was like, I think I have to say no because for this director, who I really respect, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Going to submit a bad fourteen page day. But also fourteen pages.
Speaker 3: They know what they need within the first thirty seconds of watching that video.
Speaker 2: They know crazy. It's crazy ith It's.
Speaker 6: Easy, so easy, and it's watered down. That's why I'm like, damn. I'm like, but I know, I think I know what they're scared of because when you think about when you think about it, it actually benefits the studio to be on strike because we don't get streaming.
Speaker 5: That's what we're fighting for.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 5: At the beginning of the year, the.
Speaker 6: Studios are in complete debt because they have to shoot one hundred pilots and they have to give everybody a budget four one hundred pilots. Then they only pick up fifty. Then they have to give them budgets for ten episodes or thirteen episodes or whatever, so they don't make any money until around October. So if the writers and the actors shut down and people are still watching shows and they don't see any new episodes, what do they do? They start watching other stuff, So streaming goes up. And when the streaming goes up, the studio gets paid, so they get out of debt while we while we struggle, they get out of debt. And they just don't want to give us that point zero zero four percent. But see a lot of people don't understand what that means. That means if we're only asking for that, that means that these shares are being sold in the stock market, and if that stock ever makes it to one penny, that's four hundred million dollars. So even though to point zero zero four don't sound like a lot, that's much money that they don't want to share with us, and they making millions. They just don't want us to own a piece of it. So it's just like it actually benefits them to be on strike. But if the big boys is saying, hey, we the investors, even though you might make two billion. After you get at a debt, we may lose that over here.
Speaker 3: But if we don't strike, then there's no opportunity even at all for us to be able to try and have some leverage and get in well.
Speaker 2: I think what's also very hard is we're talking about an industry that's robbing Peter to pay Paul, like film has been taken over by tech investors, former heads of electrical companies, people who don't make films, they don't make art. They're looking at the bottom line of a balance sheet, and so they're looking at dollars and acting like all of these dollars are simply amounts in a bank account and not dollars that are made on the backs of people. And it's really hard when they're going, well, if we're making nineteen billion dollars a quarter, they're making record breaking profits. What we could do is we could compete with Netflix, so we could each launch a streaming service. Nobody asks for that, Nobody wants it.
Speaker 7: It's too many services, it's too many subscription fees. All the consumers are going, we don't actually want this. We just want to watch good TV and we want to see good movies.
Speaker 3: But these these.
Speaker 2: People much like you see all these ding dongs in the space race being like, oh, I'm so rich, I should build a rocket.
Speaker 4: I'm like, should you? Or should you?
Speaker 2: Maybe just give all your employees healthcare? Like what you know? These ding dongs are like, well, look at what Netflix?
Speaker 5: Did?
Speaker 2: We want a Netflix? And it's like, but maybe you don't need a Netflix. And also Netflix is this big profitable corporation theoretically, but they're taking a loss every year, so perhaps don't don't run your business model on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we as these workers and these artists. You know, our crews are friends in this industry, the folks doing VFX and running sound production and all this stuff. We are making studios record breaking profits. They are taking the money we make and deciding to go launch a new company instead of sharing, to Antoine's point point one four percent of the money we make for them with us.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it's the psychology though, of someone who is not creative, who's not on a set, who is not an artist, has no real concept of the work that we actually do. In fact, the last movie I was right, the last movie I shot, I was told in these words, you are a body that talks. That's what I was told on set.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: So this is the psychology that we're dealing with, just no concept of the work that we actually do, what we really bring to the table. It's like, oh, you're You're just a form that speaks stand there. Yeah, totally disposable.
Speaker 6: It's crazy because I know you might get twenty seven checks and they like three dollars, you know what I mean. Yeah, I would even mail me this, and the stamp costs more than the actual check, Like you know, you wet paper, you know, you put all this on one check, like and it literally happens. I see so many people posting, and I thought I was the only one for so long. I'm like, damn, I got like twenty two checks over here. The wife would be like, how much is it. I'd be like, uh, we can't go to lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, well it's eight dollars and fourteen sons.
Speaker 6: So cool, terrible, But that strength is a difference. It's a difference for us. And I know it because maybe about fifteen years ago, I was meeting with a lot of people and trying to figure out how to how to like own a smaller studio because I noticed that when you have a smaller studio, they don't really compete with you. They just kind of join the If they see that you got some traction you and you could get projects done for a cheaper price, you could do this, and the studios don't hate. They don't go, oh no, he's competition. They'd be like, no, we'll put a little bit of money behind you, but we want a percentage of that. Keep doing your thing because they don't they don't have the relationships that you have. Yeah, so they're not able to shoot the projects at the budget that you are able to shoot the projects at because your friends are coming in and helping you out and everybody else is going to charge the studio top dollars. So it's kind of a way that I that I look at and be like, damn, these guys are just their number guys. They don't they don't really see everything behind the scenes. They just look at us and just say, oh, it's numbers. If the numbers don't make sense, then it probably is not good. And that's why they keep redoing shows, like they keep giving tons of money to these kids to do Jersey Shores and all of this because the influence and they don't paying them to them. Well, now they're paying them really good, really good damn money, but in the eyes of what they're making.
Speaker 4: Well, and now they're unionizing. I love that the love sifted kids are like way to tick. And as a result of this strike, these two strikes with WGA and sag Aftra, now the animators and the special effects guys are also unionizing, which is awesome. So our hope is that we can continue to support people to unionize and to stand up for their rights and their worth. And in the meantime, we're going to provide this platform so that our family members from the shows that we've worked on get to talk about things they've never gotten to talk about before, like you are not a disposable person, Antoine, and so we want to ask you these twenty three questions and learn as much about you as possible over the course of this episode. Yes, these are all things that you bring as you.
Speaker 3: You bring all this stuff with you when you go to create a character. This is exciting. I'm so excited to dive in with you and learn more about you.
Speaker 5: And here it says I'm really loving the gray hair, isn't it so good. It looks so good on you. I swear it looks so good.
Speaker 4: It's always been you and me twin. We should have had that love story on tree hobbed.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 4: Okay, who wants to ask the first question? I'll go go joy.
Speaker 3: Okay, Antoine, What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Speaker 6: Perfect happiness is uh financial freedom and be able to go do what you want to do and relax and not have to worry about your bills.
Speaker 5: That's perfect happiness for me.
Speaker 4: All right, Well then maybe along those same lines, Number two is what is your greatest fear?
Speaker 5: My greatest fear is to not have any family.
Speaker 6: That's my greatest fear because like it's so lonely, and everybody don't understand that. When you had those quiet moments and it's kind of like damn, like it's really.
Speaker 5: Just me, like yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So it was like I was it was weird because I had I was on my way to work one that I work at this little warehouse and I was on my way to work one night and I was like, damn, it's late. You know how sometimes you just driving and you want to talk to somebody on your way there, and I was like, damn, I ain't got nobody to call, so I called my wife, like, baby, I'm your friend.
Speaker 5: It's late, what's up?
Speaker 6: Because it is like and you don't really realize it because I know, growing up we have so many, so many associates until certain stuff happens in there you actually get to see who that circle is. So it's like and I never thought that I would like see it the way that I saw it, But then it was like, damn, they was right, you know, Like you know, I remember when you was back in the day, your mama always tell you all them that ain't your friend, they ain't gonna be around. You just could never see how they not be around. Yeah, and three years later you got a whole new group of whole new like people.
Speaker 5: And everything around you. And you never thought that you would.
Speaker 6: You just thought, no, I would grow up with this person and see they kids they gonna be with that person like you just and you doubted your parents so tough.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what do they know?
Speaker 5: You don't know nothing? Quick, that's my boy, and they be right on the money. It's just like so crazy, but it's like generational because now you see yourself doing it with your kids like that, ain't your friend?
Speaker 6: Don't do it? And then you catch yourself because you're like, damn, I sound like my dad, Like uh so, yeah, that that that's a that's a big that's a big fear of mine right there.
Speaker 4: How long have you and your wife been together at this point, Antoine?
Speaker 6: Twenty five years? N yeah, twenty five years. We've been married eighteen together.
Speaker 5: Twenty five.
Speaker 4: She's so fun.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh upstairs sleeping because you got drunk with her parents.
Speaker 4: Hence the fun. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, okay. Third question is if you could be the best in the world at something, what would it be.
Speaker 5: Mmmm. I would say I would want to be the best at parenting.
Speaker 4: All android you're in our fields today.
Speaker 2: Hold emotions.
Speaker 6: I want to be the best at parenting because I feel like I feel like that it's the parents who raised the next generation and you know, take stuff from that that generation because now, you know, I remember back in the day, my mom and them used to always say, they used to call us crazy. Our generation was crazy, and now we're calling this generation crazy. You know what I'm saying, Like this generation the kids is crazy, Like you know, like praise them, like, oh my god, how they just running in the stores, running out of the stores with all it is, like you know what I'm saying, I guess, but a lot of that stuff starts at the house. So I think the parents could inform the kids, like, you know, certain stuff that's going on without making them like latch key kids or you know, pigeon kids or we you know, like we spoil our kids. And that's like, you know, we always want better for our kids. We always want better, but at the same time, we still take a little bit away because we don't have the tough love to where they don't understand to appreciate certain stuff that you do, you know what I'm saying as a And so I think sometimes the tough love that we got, we take it for granted, like we don't really know.
Speaker 5: Like damn, I remember my mom used to be on me for.
Speaker 6: This base blah, and I was just I'm thought so hard, fought it so hard, and now out here I am with the same traits doing some of the same stuff. So a lot of the stuff that you fought you use now now and you do it subconsciously because you don't even know. And then you pay attention later, like, did I just put that cash in that envelope and write gas bill on it and lick it and close it and put it in the so that way I wouldn't touch it. You you was not putting it in the bank because one of these subscriptions might snatch it, because you'd be forgetting how many subscriptions you got. So that way they don't take it, and you make sure that you could pay that bill. And I'll be feeling so old when I go look in the cabinet and I got these three with forty seven dollars and sixteen cent in.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, speaking of cabinets, what is the weirdest item you keep by your bed?
Speaker 5: A bag of cookies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind they kind of cookies.
Speaker 6: The soft baked, the soft baked milk, chocolate ones. The I think it's from Salcito or.
Speaker 4: The oh the little white bags.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the white bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like pills Free.
Speaker 3: Farm or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Because I wake up at three in the morning, I just I don't want to walk downstairs, so I eat a cookie and drink some water and go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: I loved it.
Speaker 4: That's what you want at three o'clock in the morning, like I need a cookie. Listen, when you're a little kid, you think all the time, like when I'm a grown up, I'm going to be able to do anything I want. And that's one of those things that pays off. It's like, yeah, yeah, I am going to.
Speaker 3: Get a midnight snacks. Nobody can stop me.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 6: I got a freezer full of freeze pops right now. You knows that all connected different flavors. I got a freezer full of them, and I remember as a kid, I used to steal them out the freezer, take like five or six and put it under my pillow, and then I would eat them one by one, like in the bed, you know, and Mom be like, who hate all the freeze pops? I'd be like, I got a freezer full of them, and I don't. I barely touch it.
Speaker 4: No, it's just good to know that they're there yet.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So who is the living person that you most admire?
Speaker 6: I would say my my aunt because she like she's so strong, Like she's been sick for a while and she's so strong, but she always like take on everybody else problem. She one of those people just like takes on everybody else's problem, takes no matter what. She can't do nothing for you, but she takes on everybody's problem. So it's kind of like you like, damn, superhero, we got your back. Like you know what I'm saying. It's just you know, life changes, it changes for you. But but but but I think it gets better though.
Speaker 4: So where is she right now?
Speaker 5: She in Chicago. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna try to go.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna try to pull up on her next month, hopefully, hopefully get out there to go see her before it get cold, because I hate going to the city when it's cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about Chicago's the worst in school?
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 6: It's too cold at home? Oh yeah, you used to live there, so yeah, it's too cold at home. Would that be like three degrees? And then you get negative yeah and none.
Speaker 2: The lake effect hits you in the face and you're like, why did we settle here?
Speaker 4: Why did we choose this Antoinea California? Boy?
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, baby, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm good. I wake up in this hot outside. I'm cool.
Speaker 2: It's so nice.
Speaker 4: What is your current state of mind?
Speaker 5: Mmm?
Speaker 6: I would say empty right now because we're saying, Limbo, we don't know what the hell is going on with this strike, you know what I'm saying. So a lot of people is scrammed. I'm watching everybody. Everybody's scrambling. But you got a they were like, we were part of the last strike, and we were fortunate because we went right back to work, so we didn't really we basically got a little vacation because we were already working, you know what I'm saying, And then we got a little vacation. And I don't think we was out for that long. What was it like, maybe like four or five weeks or something like that, and.
Speaker 2: We went it was only four yah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: And we went right back to work, so we didn't really feel the raft of it. But I'm seeing a lot of people around me that was filling the raft with you know, with no job, and I'm just like, damn, and I think it's I honestly don't think we're going back to work until March. That's just that's my personal just what I'm just from what I'm looking at and what i'm seeing, and like all the development, so I feel like it's empty because we have no clue what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels vindictive this time around in a different way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because you can feel and see the ego dripping off of this. This is not people disagreeing about how to get something done. This is an unbelievably wealthy ruling class trying to exact pain on people they view as minions, people they view as expendable. And I think what's waking a lot of people up in the world is they go, oh, we thought actors and writers were privileged. We thought all of you guys were wealthy. We thought. And people are realizing that eighty seven percent of the people in SAG don't make enough money to qualify for healthcare. They're realizing that, like some of the highest paid writers in the industry make, if they're lucky, seventy five K a year, and that's money that their whole team also takes a percentage of. Like for us, if you get a job that actually pays you like decent money, it might take you twenty years to get it, you might only have it for ten episodes, and you know, you give forty percent of what people here you earn a way to everybody on your team, and that's a privilege, you know, to be part of an industry where if we eat, everybody eats is pretty cool. But I think people for the first time in this moment are realizing that much like you know, executives at oil companies, the executives at these entertainment companies are making two hundred million dollars a year and most of their employees are living paycheck to paycheck if they're lucky, if they don't have to have second jobs. And I don't know anybody, you know, nobody in my close group of friends doesn't have a second job. I mean, this is our second job, you know. And I think it's I think it's been very sobering for people. And I do think that's important because the the reality everyone's seeing right now is why you see so many unions coming together right Like not just us, the writers, the animators, the visual effects guys, but like we've got the flight attendants union picketing with us in LA. We've got UPS striking with us across the the country. Like by the way, the UPS drivers just one hundred and seventy thousand dollars a year salaries with benefits.
Speaker 4: I am so happy, Yeah, thank god, go get it.
Speaker 2: And it's like I think it's really inspiring that people are being so vulnerable because finally people are realizing that it's really the majority of us that are in this together and we're just trying to figure it out. And I think it's important that we're honest about what that limbo looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, limbo's the perfect word to describe it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the word limbo, I see it. Yeah, yeah, limbo is what it is because we are definitely unsure about what's going to happen over the next six months.
Speaker 3: Well, you're probably spending a lot more time with your friends because you have more free time. Now, what do you value most in your friends?
Speaker 5: You know, just being there? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I think at our age, you know, when they just dare for you, it's like damn because sometimes you don't really have that no answer and you don't really have you know, some of the elders that you have may have been around you, they're not around no more. So it's just like damn. So you don't have that support system. That's what I said, Like, we took certain stuff for granted to where you know, you could call your grandma and be like ah, and even though she might cuss you out and not what you want to say, But now you actually need that little pep talk to get up, shut up, stop crying, get up. Come on, we got to get out here and do this. So that's what you value, that from your friends, the ones that just keep pushing you to to not give up, especially right now because we just had so it's been so traumatic for us for the last three years as a country, as a people, just period with everything that this country just went through, from COVID to you know what I'm saying to the Black Lives Matter More to do you know I said, to everything that we have, the LGBT community movement.
Speaker 5: It's just so much going on for us right now. I think.
Speaker 3: So having a safe space with your friends, you.
Speaker 6: Need that you have to push we gottad from that circle.
Speaker 2: On what occasion do you lie.
Speaker 5: M when I go to work? Yo, it's crazy. I told I told my people.
Speaker 6: I said, Man, one thing about me, I'm a great actor, but I'm a terrible liar because I can't remember all of that.
Speaker 5: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I loved when you would walk on to set and pretend like you'd read everything and be like, of course, I know what's going on. And then we found out years later that you did not read the whole scripts, and you'd be like, oh, this is crazy. Wow, who knew?
Speaker 6: I just remember that one episode that was so vivid, and I was talking to Lee and he was like, yeah, because tomorrow we gotta film the funeral scene.
Speaker 5: And I was like, the funeral. Oh damn. We at the sim I was like, who died? He was I didn't read it.
Speaker 6: I was like, nah, I just read my little card. I ain't know nobody died. I can't wait to see this episode. Oh my gosh, I know he was filming the funeral.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Next question, what is one thing you will never do again? Tory Devido said jumping out of an airplane. She was like, I am not ever going to do that.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 5: Oh damn. That's a tough one because I think I do everything I did again.
Speaker 4: That's a sign of a good life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I do everything because I don't really do stuff I don't want to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've never been a followers, so it's like, you know, if they want to go down now, man, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Maybe I would take that gang banging.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's a bad move.
Speaker 5: I mean, take that gang banger.
Speaker 4: You say that now because you're an adult, because you're a parent, and now you sound like the adults in your life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gang banging was bad, but at the time it was really really fun and that's what everybody was doing, So you know what I'm saying. We didn't look at the outcome that it would have on the community. We just was like, this is our street. We run this and we ain't letting you come over here and do nothing. And then you get grown to be like I'd never owned nothing on that street, so I was out fighting so hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Because kids look for a place to belong, you know, you need the group, And that's.
Speaker 2: Exactly what you're talking about, right, Like so many of the things we're discussing are what sort of exposure do you have to like other people, to other communities, and when you are in a moment of your life or maybe a geographical place or you know, an era like the one you're talking about where you don't have a lot of options. It's not like you're picking off a whole menu. Somebody's been like, well you could do a B or C and like you have to do one of them. And you know, maybe maybe you grow up in a very diverse community where you know so many kinds of people. Maybe you don't. Maybe you grow up somewhere where everybody does the same thing and looks the same and believes the same thing. Like, I think the most inspiring thing is when you evolve in your life and you start to have like more and more people, places, experiences to choose from and understand, Like you can look back at your life and go, what was I doing as a young man behaving that way? Because now you don't have an ABC, You've got a whole alphabet of experience in humans and communities and groups you pick from and love and defend. And the way you show up for people and defend people and like you know, metaphorically show up when the block needs you is so different than it was when you were a teenager, and like how beautiful?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so different, so different.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean we did some bad stuff, but you know, we was kids, so we learned from it now. But we don't even hang out and those when I go home now and I go to Chicago, I am in the house.
Speaker 5: I literally go to my cousin's house, my aunt's house, my mother cousin's house.
Speaker 6: We go over here, we go over here, we do like they barbecue, they eat, they cook. We you know what I'm saying. They somebody else comes over, they talk. They that's it. Back then, we didn't know do that. We thought that was so boring, Like I'm going outside.
Speaker 4: Everybody thinks the grown ups are corny, right, and then you become a grown up and you're like, I love corny. Well like that meme.
Speaker 2: That's like all the things you hated as a child become your greatest pleasures as adults. Napping, drinking more water, generally, not going to the party.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I know, you know, you know, our party, our party, our party every night when we filmed every Now like now I haven't been to a club, And.
Speaker 5: Well I went. When I was in Vegas, I went to go.
Speaker 4: Twenty year old.
Speaker 6: I would go watch the performancess, like I know I could get in. So it was like, what time does he perform? Oh about two thirty cool, I see you around two fifteen. I slide in, watched the show Slide Out. I was literally in the bed like like my days in Vegas when I was working out there, I literally would be at the hotel all day, go to work for two hours, and go right back to the hotel. But back then, there's no way I would have ever been in that hotel room. I would have been at the spot, at the party, on the table.
Speaker 4: Getting out all that energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did dance on a lot of tables. Were good at it.
Speaker 5: I'm chilling.
Speaker 2: I feel the same now. I'm like, I will come to see the music. But that's the only reason.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, let's pivot, Antoine. What's the strangest purchase you've ever made or almost made? If you don't have a something specific that you did purchase.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna even lie. Me and my wife was talking one day and she was like, you always on the road and stop me. So I bought one of these little We ordered this little fake, this little fake right.
Speaker 2: Like a flashlight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was like, this, ain't it. I never that.
Speaker 6: We ordered and it thought it was gonna be so wonderful, And then we got home.
Speaker 5: I gotta put grease in it. Not but I gotta curt this up. I'm straight now, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Make us so you could put them in the swasher, and I've had this conversation with friends.
Speaker 2: I can't I am the color of my hat.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I'm so glad you just admitted it. Please tell me though, that you just like put it out on the coffee table when people come over sometimes just as like a conversation starter, because that's the kind of shit that I find so fun, you know what.
Speaker 5: I wish I could find it because it might be because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, just like put it out with like you know at Christmas when you decorate with like little trees and the fake village and stuff. Just put it out there. It's like a water tower.
Speaker 3: Some eminem's and you got to reach inside to grab the mms and.
Speaker 2: Like, look a candy I cannot. I can't look at you guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on top of the candy bowl. These are the conversations we used to have.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, okay, total chains of subject. Who are your favorite writers? Could be? You know, screenplay writers, novels, whatever you.
Speaker 4: Like, musicians, poets, whatever.
Speaker 5: Who are who is my favorite writers that that I like? I've worked with so many people, it's like certain stuff is it's good.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've done some projects that you'd be like, what the hell is this project? That some of them too B movies is horrible but funny at the same time because they're so bad that they're hilarious that they're so bad, Like I can't remember this writer's name, but everything that they wrote. One of my favorite writers that like comedy is Dave Chappelle. Yeah, he's one of my favorite writers. Is because I think he thinks smart. Yeah, he thinks Devil's advocate outside the box from like a strange point of view to where you almost feel like.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 6: I never thought about it like that, but I did think about it like that, but I would never say that, but he just said it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Far as as far as comedy, I think he has a really clever a clever comedy that's like it's like a controversial clever comedy, the kind of like well, I mean by like it's like back in the day, we used to watch like All in the Family, which was one of my favorite shows and I still watch that show now and I did not realize how racist the show was. Really started watching the show, was like, damn, this show is so racist and it was my favorite show. But the writing that Norman Lear and them did it was such a clever and I kind of like, look at that comedy like Sam from His Son was so racist All in the Family, like all of those shows with the Jeffersons, they was also such racist show Who's It? But it was so funny because they basically made you laugh at the ignorance that people had. So I like that because it kind of like slaps the ignorant in the face and make them look at a difference.
Speaker 4: Then well, and you've been really vocal about your support of the LGBTQ plus community because you know you have family members that identify as a part of that community, and so some of this more provocative stuff that you're drawn to do you feel like it's just a tension release, where because it's such sensitive subject matter, you need a voice just to make it laughable so that it's palatable. Is that kind of what you're looking for.
Speaker 6: In a sense, because I think for so long that's what I'm saying. As a generation, our generation was taught different things about their community.
Speaker 5: Their community not correct.
Speaker 6: In the Bible it says this, but we were drilled with that kids, that's not right, that's not right. They can't feel that way. They can't do this, they can't do that. Meanwhile, I was around people that actually felt that way, you know what I'm saying, but that for them to feel that way, it was wrong, but that's just how they felt. So it was like, hey, if you like it, I love it, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'll support you. You my people. If that's what you want to do, go ahead and do it. It may not be what I'm into. You know that don't turn me on, but if that turns you on, by all means, do your thing, you know what I'm saying. But we would just talk that So I think it's more we don't have the education on it, you know, we don't sit down with that side and talk it out to understand bam bam bam, bam bam, and then we're still coming with those old judgments. And I think we need to change that that portion because it's different. I mean, we don't have to accept everything either, that's detrimental to us, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think we need.
Speaker 6: To It needs to be more of an open discussion so you could hear both sides. My daughter came out to me she was scared to come out to me, and she came out to me and I knew it. I knew it early. I was just just like, hmm, you know what I'm saying. I never forget watching some I think it was some It was some girl that was on some video. We was watching the TV and my daughter was like, oh, Dad, she is fine, ain't she?
Speaker 5: And I was like, yeah, she is. But the way she said it was.
Speaker 6: Like like one of my homeboys.
Speaker 5: I was like, you got good taste of baby. The girl was good.
Speaker 6: So I kind of knew you know what I'm saying at that point, and it was just just like okay, So, but that dialogue has to be open, like for sure, it has to be open because we don't understand it. You don't understand you feel uncomfortable, and when you feel like you usually run away and you don't want to hear about it, you know what I'm saying. So it's like everybody putting the wall up. Everybody puts the wall up. Everybody puts a wall up.
Speaker 3: That's one of the things comedians are great at is keeping the dialogues open, just like point pointing out all the things ripping open the ripping open the seams so everybody doesn't feel so stiff, you know, to be able to just open it up so conversations can happen.
Speaker 5: Right, they can laugh, and it's a break the ice moment for every for everything.
Speaker 4: Well, even if it's like awful and controversial, at least it's an opportunity for families to push pause and talk. You know, like sometimes it's nice to have a bad guy that's outside of the house that's bringing up something controversial so that you inside the house can discuss it and it be fodder for for like you said, an open dialogue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also know one of your favorite writers is Phil Collins.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I love you. I need to listen to Field that the I'm gonna wash my car and listen to Field.
Speaker 4: What is your favorite Genesis song?
Speaker 5: And Too Deep? I love that song? Yeah, in too Deepest, in Too Deep at the one that picked that. That might be the top for Genesis, you know, but Phil got so many so it's like Phil got too many a time all time. Yeah, he's he's hard. But and I went to his last concert at the Staples. I went by myself because wife and them didn't want to go so she was just like, you canna go. I was like, man, I'm going by myself. I don't care if nobody.
Speaker 2: Girl, Oh my god, I wish i'd been home. I'd have gone with you in a heartbeat.
Speaker 6: At I had a my friends from college. I call her low Flow. Her name is Laura. She used to always give me a ride home when we was in college, and she was like, I drop you off because you know, I had a bus pass back then and she had a car, so she would drop me off and drop me off at home. And she loved Phil Collins too, so me and her used to go to all the Phil Collins concerts together because I didn't have a ride. So she was the like, I get the ticket, I got my financial age check, let's roll. So I had a buddy to go with me, but this last time myself because.
Speaker 5: She couldn't go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sure you had a ball all right. Other end of the spectrum, what is your greatest regret? And this doesn't have to be serious. I mean, I'm sure there was a Phil Collins concert you missed somewhere up inside.
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 6: My greatest regret is not doing not staying as a series regular on TV instead of choosing movies because at the time, you know, in our careers, everybody wanted to do film.
Speaker 5: It was film, film, film, film. Your agents and.
Speaker 6: Manager used to like get you away from TV because they didn't want you to be like locked down on the show and you can't do other stuff.
Speaker 5: So it was like, I.
Speaker 6: Think, and I was getting offered show after show after show. I think I should have stuck with TV instead of films.
Speaker 4: Remember when they convinced us that like TV was tacky. It was like, oh, you're a TV actor.
Speaker 3: Yep, now it's all mm tacky. The UK was always like that, they mixed up stage, TV, film, soaps, SITC like it was all mixed up. Nobody cared. Judy Dench would go do a soap opera and then go do a commercial, and then go do a TV show and then go win an oscar. Like it's just so silly that we were. We had such a strange little hierarchy. But I'm glad it seems to have dissipated now completely. Actually, okay, where are we?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, Antoine, what's something that you really dislike?
Speaker 5: I really dislike greedy studios?
Speaker 2: Yes, get them?
Speaker 6: Yes, I really dislike greedy Green Studios. Yeah, just fair, That's what I dislike right now. That's the pet peeve in the country right now for us.
Speaker 4: I think everybody's feeling that across the in every business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, greedy studios, greedy CEOs. Bye bye, yep, okay, happy question? What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Speaker 5: The greatest love? Well, my wife. I've been with her for twenty five years. We've been through it like through the ringer. So I mean she wins. M hmm, she wins, that's it. She wins, So you know, I know she wins.
Speaker 4: So yeah, how'd you guys meet Antoine? Tell everybody at home what your your origin love story is.
Speaker 6: I was going to a I have went to a celebrity game that they do in California, snoop them used to do it back in the day, a big one, and they had a supposedly was supposed to be the office show after party and we we got duped. I got duped, and she got duped. Her group of friends got duped to going to this party. And we going to this party. When we got there was so ghetto. Were just like nobody here, like they took this shower, like, nobody here looks like they took a.
Speaker 5: Shower at all.
Speaker 6: So, and it was so humid and hot in there, and it was just sweaty, and everybody was dancing like they had a good old time. But I felt like I was in a juke joint in Mississippi in the backwoods, Like it was really sweaty and inhumid, and I was like, man, I'm about to get out of here. So I was standing at the stairs and they was walking like leaving, like we had just got there.
Speaker 5: And we all was like, I'm about to leave.
Speaker 6: So we was walking down the steps and I was I started talking to her walking down the steps, like, man, what the hell y'all doing here? Y'all looked like y'all took a bath, so I know y'all leaving. And they was like, yeah, we leaving. We going to Orange County. And we just got to talking and I got her number and then I told her. I said, man, did you give me the wrong number? And she was like no, why would I get youat her wrong number? So I had a cell phone at the time, so I called her to make sure the number first, and then she was like, see, I told you it ain't the wrong number. She's like, well he called me right now.
Speaker 5: The game. You know, back then, y'all used to give away the wrong number.
Speaker 4: We did. We did that a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all the time again.
Speaker 6: So me, I was like, I'm a straight shooter. If you don't want to see me, just tell me now.
Speaker 4: Well, I also liked that you weren't playing it cool. You were like, I'm going to wait three days. You were like, I'm going to make sure I don't leave this environment unless I have the right.
Speaker 5: In for me. I'm calling right now.
Speaker 2: That's such a swaggy move.
Speaker 6: No check right then. And uh then after I went over. She used to live by shar She used to live in in Orange County, and I was like, damn, you live far because I was in our Hamburg.
Speaker 5: I was like, you live far. I was like, right back Pasadena.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you were close to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like right here, but I'm like, I come out there. So I drove all that way there to see her.
Speaker 4: That's love in Los Angeles if you get in the mar and brave all that traffic. You loved her crossing the.
Speaker 2: Four oh five is love driving an Orange County Like, no, that's crazy. That's that's destiny.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Like so if you in Pasadena, could you ever imagine dating somebody lived in Santa Monica?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I do, you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a long distance relationship.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. You have to plan your whole life around traffic times. Like it's so oh man, it's a no. It's a no.
Speaker 4: It's just like a point of reference for anybody that doesn't live in California. It'd be like if my kid in Hudson Valley was dating someone in Massachusetts or Connecticut, Like it is a whole ass other state away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so far.
Speaker 5: She wins for me.
Speaker 3: That's good. Yeah, right, what do we have next?
Speaker 2: Willing to go to the ends of the earth in La County for that woman? You cutie?
Speaker 4: All right, listen, when and where were you happiest? You've always been ahead of the curve with us, Antoine, Like you were working before us, you were a parent before us. Now you're an empty nester, you know, Like, in what phase were you happiest?
Speaker 5: Hmmm? I think season I think around season four.
Speaker 6: I think around season because that's when I first like became like a series regular.
Speaker 5: It was like season four. I think it was when we did the state championship.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, God, did it take that long? I thought it.
Speaker 5: Was before it was the whole season.
Speaker 3: You were a regular to us Antoine, you were in our hearts before that even happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was. It was.
Speaker 6: It was happy then because of like everything was like cool. You know, we had money coming in on a regular basis, We had just got a new crib. All the kids are doing good in school, and you know, and I mean you guys know now as a parent, you see like your happiness comes by making them smile.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I knew.
Speaker 6: Nobody really understood back then. When we were filming and I used to always come back and forth home and they'd be like, how you going home at six in the morning. I'd be like, cause you got a violin recitle, and I, you know what I'm saying. I got to be there for that, Like I can't, you know what I'm saying. So I went to the club, stayed up all night, and get on the plane in the morning. So I make my home because if I would have went to sleep, I would have missed that flight, you know what I'm saying. So it was like but those little moments like when and then you know, he's playing my other son they both playing basketball, and then my daughter got this, and then my other daughter got dance, and then you know what I'm saying, So like those are like the happy moments because you you have to enjoy that now because once they get older, they gotta work, They got to do they gotta do this, so you don't really get to see him. You see him in passing. You know, like once they once they become like adults. You know what I'm saying, You see them in passes because you're gonna get only again when when when them baby girls and that boy gets sixteen and be like you don't want to hang with his damn mama.
Speaker 5: At sixteen, it's.
Speaker 4: Already killing me. I'm like, do you want to watch a movie? And he's like, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't want to do that, So you're gonna lose that for a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, what talent would you most like to have?
Speaker 5: Hm? Hmmm, well I know how to cook.
Speaker 4: You keep telling us that, but you have yet to prove it to us. Prove it, prove it.
Speaker 6: I used to bring chad food all the time that say you should be like, bring me some of them neck bones?
Speaker 5: What of them?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 6: I would bring all kinds of food that I would cook at because you know, I cooked every day. I didn't really eat out too much, you know what I said that, Like the brass Re ended up being one of my favorite restaurants but myself all the time. But that was you know, but other than that, in the other little restaurant that shut down downtown was pretty good. But if I didn't eat at those two spots, I just I would always get off or I would put me some food on early in the morning, slow cook it in the crack file or something like that.
Speaker 5: So about time. Yeah, a by the time we got off set, the food was ready.
Speaker 3: You know, it's grown up.
Speaker 6: It took slow for like, you know, four hours, five hours, but at home it was good.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: You get the automatic shut off a certain times so you don't burn the river view up.
Speaker 3: Like my husband rock bots can love crocs so easy.
Speaker 4: Wait, okay, so you're good at that. What do you want to be good at? What's your secret? Your secret?
Speaker 6: I want to be able to build stuff like I've always wanted to like be it, like like I see all this beautiful stuff that you could do for the house and stuff like that. I can't push together. It's always missing. It's the tables leaning. It don't not the directions didn't explain it right, like, so I can't put it together.
Speaker 3: So you and Hillary really need to get together's she's the building queen.
Speaker 6: If you ever buy me anything that I have to assemble, there's probably going to be in the box.
Speaker 4: I always help class.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have so many problems putting stuff together. So I would really like to be able to build stuff or put stuff together.
Speaker 4: Let's do it right on. We could work over Antoine.
Speaker 2: I got a bunch of drills, come over.
Speaker 5: I do got a couple of drills too. They are do you use them? The drill bits are still silver.
Speaker 4: They are also still in the box.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 2: You know what I really want to learn how to do. I want to learn to drywall, and I really want to learn how to tile, like the full I want to be able to demo a bathroom and redo the shower myself.
Speaker 4: Drywall is not that hard.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about tile, but I thought drywall was really intimidating. I had somebody show me once and I was blown away. It's actually really easy.
Speaker 2: I can tell it's not tough, but like people who can really do a nice smooth surface on a wall, because like you know when I don't know, when you've had something repaired and you're like it looks a little wonky, and then there's like some people who come in and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, wow, this looks so nice.
Speaker 2: I want to know the like real particulars of those skills.
Speaker 6: Yes, I want to take a carpenter class, but then I always feel like if I start taking it, it's gonna take too long and then I might book a job and then I.
Speaker 2: Well, we're on strike.
Speaker 4: Baby, let's go.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 2: This could be a very useful usage of our time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 6: I'm about to do I'm either do that or I'm gonna learn how to dry these trips l classes.
Speaker 4: Listen, Once I learned to drive that r V, now every time I see a big vehicle, I'm like, I could do that. It's such a such a cocky move.
Speaker 5: It's just like to be able to drive that.
Speaker 6: All that that's power to be able to drive that.
Speaker 5: I got in I did.
Speaker 6: I did a little fake movie where I was supposed to be a truck driver and I would be in the car. I would be in the truck with the guy who was actually like the devil who was driving that eighteen.
Speaker 5: I was like, man, that was power for him driving. That's power. You.
Speaker 6: You don't realize that until you on the road and you'd be like, man, this truck needs to get out the way.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. You realize how much power that is.
Speaker 6: You like, your car will never win the battle against that, that big piece of machine.
Speaker 5: So you gotta leave that one alone.
Speaker 4: Always get over so trucks can get in always.
Speaker 6: I would let them. I let them win that battle. But I do want to learn how to drive one.
Speaker 4: I like, that's that's hot. I'm in that.
Speaker 5: Okay, you want to learn that.
Speaker 4: Let's see, if you could change one thing about yourself, would be.
Speaker 5: Oh, my big heart. I would change that. I wouldn't know, no, I would change it because it's a curse and a blessing because sometimes that heart could be too big and it's a lot of leeches out here, and yeah, you know what I'm saying, And so more people pray on it because they know you are so giving, so giving, so giving, so giving, or not necessarily change it but be more thoughtful of it to who you have the big heart with.
Speaker 6: You see what I'm saying, Because my mind is for everybody. It was just for everybody. But can't give it. You can't.
Speaker 5: You can't do for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you really rather be more closed off? Though? Like the alternative is to care less or just.
Speaker 4: Be specific about who you care about. I think we're in a boundaries era.
Speaker 5: That's it. That's it right there.
Speaker 4: You could still have a massive heart, just put a fence side our boundaries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 6: But mine was so open for so many years for so many people, and it shouldn't be helped for so many people because you know the saying some people want more for you, not and some people want more from you, you know what I'm so, it's just like to be able to differentiate who I have a big heart with. I would like to change that about myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah that makes sense. What would you consider to be your greatest achievement?
Speaker 6: I raised four, well five, I raised five children to adulthood. They get you know, A couple of them got college degrees and they're adults and they're doing their own thing. That's I feel like that's Na's time for me.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The kids, Yeah, young, this is twenty two, and I feel like that's now I could be an uncle, or I could be you know what I'm saying. You could drop the kids off and let me watch them for four five six hours, you.
Speaker 5: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it's a little different now, but I feel like like, because I mean, when you think about it, me, I was a parent at a young age, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So to see them.
Speaker 6: Grown now, it's like that's all I worked for for the last twenty some years was to get them grown. And you know what I'm saying, So I've accomplished that. I've done my job. Now it's time for me to do me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, and also, like just parenting is white knuckle terror all the time. Yes, And being able to kind of like take your hands off the wheel is, Oh, that's a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I don't have to go to a PTA meeting. I don't have to.
Speaker 6: I don't have to deal with little Jimmy who picking on him and he took his ball, and man, I don't have to deal with none of that no more. I'm good for grand baby. Just bring me a grand baby. I can spoil and you can still go to the club if you want to.
Speaker 4: Grandpa Antoine is a phase I can't wait to experience.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we're ready for it.
Speaker 6: My niece is having a baby, so everybody shut about her having a baby.
Speaker 5: So I'm uncle daddy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm too sweet, Uncle daddy.
Speaker 5: My kids.
Speaker 6: I wrote, like, we'll give you a grandchild when we're like forty. And I'm like, but you want to hear something funny. I told about when my niece announced that she was pregnant. Everybody in the house was crying and they were so happy, and and I said, you know what, I'm gonna break some down for you. I said, Taylor, you should be so happy that everybody is so happy.
Speaker 5: I said, because if this was the eighties, when you came home and said you were pregnant, it was melancholy and it was like your life and it was like your sister done got pregnant. It was just like it was so sad.
Speaker 4: It is crazy how much has changed, you know. Like even when I had Gus and I wasn't married, I was the first one of my friends to have a baby and I was unmarried and it was scandal. What are you going to do? And it's like, really, oh my god, Yeah dude, there was time.
Speaker 2: Now yeah, different time.
Speaker 4: Love it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Antoine, if you this sounds morbid, but then I think it gets fun. You were to die and come back, could be as a person or a thing. What would you want to come back as?
Speaker 5: Damn next life. That's a good question right there, because I don't want to be nobody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be anything other than what you've been trying to be lately.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, that's a good question. I remember when I was younger. I used to be like, I want to come back as a dog, you know, because they get treated. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like, this depends on whose dog right now?
Speaker 5: They got a bunch of laws. I would want to be one of Sophia's dogs. Yeah, you dog. I'm spoiled, I'm chilling, sleep in the bed and.
Speaker 2: Everything life so good.
Speaker 5: I want to be one of Sophia's dogs. I'm straight. Yeah, that's it. That's my answer.
Speaker 4: Done. All right. So the next question is do you have just like a place or thing in your life that just comes so easy to you that you know it's where you belong. A place or just like a talent or a hobby or something that you do. Like, what is the thing in this life that makes you feel that it's where you belong because it comes naturally to you.
Speaker 6: Basketball for me, because it's like a It's an escape for me because like I could be going through stuff and then I hit the gym and I play for two hours and I'm not worried about no bills.
Speaker 5: I'm not worried about this. I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just it's a different space for me to be in that world and in that world. And like now it's even even gotten better because I never smoke weed until I was forty eight.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm forty eight now, but when I was forty seven, and that's when I had that the doctor talk, it was either weed or all these pills. And I was like, well, I never smoke weed in my life, so I guess I got to try it. You know, kids had to teach me how to smoke all day. But I promise you if I if I hit my little prescription real.
Speaker 5: Quick and go play ball. It's such an escape.
Speaker 6: It's like crazy and now, which I would have been smoking thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: Kids listening to the podcast, you're fine. But when you hit forty eight and you can do whatever the hell you want.
Speaker 5: Anti anxiety and yeah, it's a stress reliever. And those days where you go, I don't know what I'm gonna do and you smoke and you just be like, hmmm, naked and afraid is on.
Speaker 4: Obsessed?
Speaker 5: I love naked in different.
Speaker 4: Perfect Answerina, where would you most like to live?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm most like to live Well, I'm in each Ville. Now I want to move back to Rancho.
Speaker 3: In the whole world, that's your spot.
Speaker 5: I love Rancho. It's just it's it's the safest city in the country. They've been rated the safest city for so long. It's kind of like the Beverly Hills of the Inland Empire. It's really peaceful, and it's really beautiful, and it's so much to do and there's so much stuff going on to where it's like you can still be at home and be peaceful, but if you want to turn up a little bit, you could go right down the street, and then you can come right home and it's kind of like a balance like over there and where I'm at now it's like that too, but it's I don't know. I just like the two ten and the scenery in Rancho a little bit better than Eastvielle.
Speaker 4: You are a California boy, now, no turning back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ain't moving back to Chicago. It's too cold. It's too cold. It's like excruciating cold, and it's cold ten months out of the year and it's too hot the other two months, so you don't really have no medium. And then other than that it's raining. So you know what I'm saying. But I love the people, I just hate the weather.
Speaker 4: They can visit you in Rancho.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it, Come on, Auntie, pull up. Mm hmmm, I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, sir, this is our final question. What is your most treasured possession?
Speaker 5: My most treasured possession? Mm hmm. Well, I don't really have one. I don't really have one.
Speaker 6: I don't think we you know, because I think I think for us everything is so like temporary, Like you know, like if you have a card, it's temporary because a couple of years you're gonna want the new one or you know what I'm saying that because right now I want to Testla. I love the Teslas, you know what I'm saying. But it's like I ain't got no testing. I rented a test So I think for us everything is is temporary. But I think the my treasure possession would be my talent, you know what I'm saying, because that's one thing they can't never take. They can't never take the talent away from you. You know, they could tell you don't have you don't have three million followers. I'm not as talented as the person who got three million followers.
Speaker 5: They're celebrity.
Speaker 6: I'm a star, yes, celebrity more a lot of people know you, but what is your talent?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean just just keep it real. Like a star is some somebody that has a talent. Say like I could say and no Shade. I could say Kim Kardashian. Everybody knows Kim Kardashian, but what's her talent?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying. So yeah, but if I say Joe Rule, you know what his talent need is?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, baby girl, put it on me come on.
Speaker 5: I say that, and you know the talent, You're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have him stuck in my head all day now. I'm just in my head already.
Speaker 2: Girl, put it on.
Speaker 4: We would it be with lu We're back at TRL on one. Listen. You really are a star and we feel really lucky that we get to watch episodes of the show back as just like fans and see your talent because you can take something that's so clunky written on a piece of paper and make it real and make it believable and approachable and endear it. Yeah, and that is a really big talent and it's amazing. We love you.
Speaker 6: So if you see something on some I think I liked it. Somebody had posted something. I think it was from the show. It was some episode you were watching the summing. You was like, I killed this episode. I think I put it up in the comments. I was like, oh, thanks, it's good looking.
Speaker 4: Out Yeah truly.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 2: The annoying thing about this strike is that we can't shower you with specific compliments because we're not technically allowed to talk to you about episodes. But in this season and there that we're not discussing. There's a monologue and I won't say who you deliver it to. That is so freaking good. Like, we we had a full i mean minutes and minutes of our review where we were just talking about what you did in that in that unnamed scene on said unnamed.
Speaker 4: Don't even know what show you're talking about right now. I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: You're talking about. It was just like a job that you did that was really impressive. But like truly, we were we just lost our minds because it's like, you know, sometimes you watch somebody do something so well that it it takes your your emotional brain in one direction and then your work brain in the other. And we were like, we know what that was on the page, and like it was just words. Look what he did with it. It was beautiful.
Speaker 5: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: And when we're allowed to talk about the episode after this strike is over, we'll make you do a little rewind with us and we'll go back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when this strike is over, what's your next dream job, Antoine?
Speaker 5: My next dream job is a reboot?
Speaker 3: Oh hope, you're making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 2: Take us all back to work, twin. We'll follow you.
Speaker 5: I'm manifesting right now, man, Okay, he.
Speaker 4: Said what he said. All right, Angel, we love you so so much. Thank you for going deep with us today.
Speaker 5: I love you Gray. It is I don't think I have.
Speaker 4: A choice, babe. Decision has been made.
Speaker 5: I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It gives you like, it gives your face so much, like different colors and like shades like and then when you early, when you had it curly.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is why we keep Antoine around because he just showers our egos. Yeah, you're you flirt.
Speaker 2: I know exactly what video you're talking about, because we got on the podcast and I said the same thing. I was like, Yo, that thing you just posted. Your hair looks amazing.
Speaker 4: Getting old, getting old together, Guys, we're doing.
Speaker 2: For you is what we're is what we're saying here.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks Gang. All right, Well go give Tiff big kisses from us. Tell the kids we.
Speaker 5: Said, Hi, I love you, I love you, love you.
Speaker 3: Love you too. Thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 5: Okay, I love him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I don't think people really get to see beyond the curtain. You know. It's like Wizard of Oz. You see what's being presented, and not very many people get to see like Oz the Great and powerful and so Antoine's played like a lot of funny characters, and he's played a lot of tough guys. But to see him the way that we get to see him as like this dad and this you know husband who really loves his wife so much. You know that's it's important to know the people behind the performances.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 4: Yeah man. All right, well we'll have more of these for you guys as we move through this dRIT game plan.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being Thanks for hanging out with us, everybody, See you next time.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens O t.
Speaker 4: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about.
Speaker 3: Them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl sharing for the right teams. Drama Queens, my go up girl Fashion, what's your tough girl?
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queise, Drama, Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens