Speaker 1: And this drinks Chests motherfucking podcast makes He's a legends every queens rapper. He's agreed as your boy in.
Speaker 2: O R He's a Miami hip hop Mayonnaier put up as DJ E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk fast drink chans most.
Speaker 1: Every day is New Year's e.
Speaker 3: Listen, it's time for drink Champs. Drink up, mother mother. I wrapped the gang gag?
Speaker 1: What a good beat? How many swinter ship? This is your boy in O R E? What up is DJ E f N? And this drink Champs japy. I will makes up all right now, right now. When we started this show, I wanted this brother on this show. I've got to see him from one of his first shows in New York to hear. I don't know if you remember the story. We'll get to that later. Hold on, let me get to that later. But I want to show but this brother here. If you put George Clinton, Willie Nelson, Snoop Dogg and put a little bit of the beast voice in there, we'll all feel good. Music This is what this brother would be. He has relentless and I can see him and I've never honestly say, I don't think i've ever seen him mad. I think I actually see he actually enjoys life. He's mad. He's been on a crazy mixtape. Run to all of his accolades, to all of his things and things and things and things, and he.
Speaker 2: Got all types of clothing lines, Khalifa cushions and all this liquors and liquors.
Speaker 1: He's an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: He's the first Stoner to.
Speaker 1: Come here on time.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, he came early.
Speaker 1: I was still get my hair cuts, like, oh, this is the first time. And when I gave him a fire, he said, because I'm a businessman. Nor In case you don't know who were talking about, we talking about the one, the only motherfucking.
Speaker 3: What's cracking.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, my brother. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: One of one of the first shows I believe that you had in New York. I don't know if it was the first show, but I think it was like one of your top five.
Speaker 3: It was the first show.
Speaker 1: It was the first show.
Speaker 3: Do you remember what happened?
Speaker 4: I do remember you remember what I do?
Speaker 5: You remember what you called?
Speaker 3: You called me wiz kayaka. So I'm a kid. I'm like, I'm like still in high school and ship. I was like seventeen years old and this was all hip hop.
Speaker 4: It was breeding ground.
Speaker 3: So this was like early blog air day Roseberg, Yeah exactly. So there was only like a couple cast doing blogs and they were covering a couple of dudes and it was me, uh, the cool kids. I think, uh, what was what was knowledge in his dudes group's name? They're from Chicago as well. I forget kids already. Yeah, but it was us and Norri was the was the host. So he was like, you know, everybody loves Nori's legendary. Like you know what I'm saying, we all look up to name it was. It was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: The best person to my name. And I feel like you're making up your own words anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kayak, it means something.
Speaker 1: That you know what I thought? That's how you pronounced the thing and what is it called?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The I was close.
Speaker 3: The birds was not even built back then, but this nigga did it silent. Let me ask you, man.
Speaker 1: As soon as I you know, I pulled you off One of the craziest things on the internet about you is your feet. Yea, yeah, yeah, on your feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah, You're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get a foot deal. I swear to god, he said what a foot deal? Like you ever seen Seinfeld with he became a hand model. Like for some.
Speaker 3: Reason, I have been getting tons of offers from like people to do foot products and and uh.
Speaker 4: Sketch Snooper shout out to Snoop.
Speaker 3: He doing sketches, but like more like moisturizing creams and things that will lock the moisture in because I really don't have bad feet, they just dry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been working.
Speaker 3: On it like like a lot. Yeah, like a lot of people, they don't take that type of criticism and do anything about it. Like me, I've been lotioning my feet every day. I went and got a yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I'm trying to get it right.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I feel like you're one of the people that you always feel good energy like and to me, you know, in this game of hip hop, you know, so many people they get bitter, you know, after a while, whether they're successful or not or and I just feel like you always as good energy. Yeah, how do you develop that type of aura?
Speaker 4: You kind of just got to take everything and roll with it.
Speaker 3: And I just reached certain points in my life where like looking cool isn't the object, you know.
Speaker 4: I just love to make music.
Speaker 3: I love to take care of my family, I love to entertain my fans, and as long as I'm doing that, I'm pretty happy. The other stuff it doesn't really bother me because that's not my That's not what I wake up and do this for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 3: And then like the bitterness, I think that comes with like bad relationships or things when you take it personal. And there's a lot that goes on in this industry that could make you bitter, but you have a choice whether you want to react.
Speaker 1: To it or not.
Speaker 4: So I just don't let that type of stuff FaZe me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I just base my relationships off of different things, and that's how I'm able to move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, collaboration with a porn star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, me and Khalifa, man like one of the biggest she's an ex porn star actually, Yeah, so she came into the game. That's kind of like how people notice her. But she's been able to pivot and do a lot of other things. I think she still has the only fans though, Like, but I don't know if it's straight hard court shit. Nah, she's doing we're doing Khalifa Cush together. Yeah, so me having the Khalifa Cush brand, shout out to Berner.
Speaker 4: I built this, this whole brand with him. It took us ten years.
Speaker 3: And now we've been all over the United States, we're going overseas and we're we're we're branching out and we're doing celebrity endorsement deals as well. She's the first one.
Speaker 1: And that's under Khalifakush and Kalifa Cush is under Cookies.
Speaker 4: No, Khalifa Cush is his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we come from the same cloth though, like the same cuts that Berner gets his trees from. That's the same you know, tender and care that we're putting into the Khalifa push product. So anything that comes out under Khalifa Cush, whether it's me, Mia Khalifa or any other artists that we endorsed at the time, it's going to be a really really uh you know, up to brand product.
Speaker 1: So it's around a little bit. I remember I think the first time I heard Todds out of Science was was with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's signs still with Taylor Gang. Yeah, Ti is always gonna be Taylor Gang. We started out managing him. A lot of people don't know that Taylor Gang is a label and a management company. So a lot of those first moves that you were seeing in his career were from you know, me and Will managing his career and putting him on tour and you know, just getting him out there, like basically using the same stuff that we were able to to to accumulate. But he was already there as well. He already knew a lot of radio people, already knew a lot of writers and producers. It just took a little extra push and just having the platform that I had, we were able to use that through Taylor Gang.
Speaker 4: And you know, tis a legend.
Speaker 3: He was always meant to be who he is, and we were just able to, you know, push it a little bit faster.
Speaker 1: Right let me so let me ask you, right because you know, coming from Pennsylvania, right, yeah, and then everywhere the nomes city is Philly, it's Philly. Yeah, how was it harder for you for being from Pittsburgh? And how was it did you have to navigate because like I know, like uh, like like you know, people from you know, sometimes they have to go to New York. Yeah, was there something like like that you had to skip over Philadelphia and go to New.
Speaker 2: York or anybody any legends you looked up to that work that came up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean it's a long story about Pittsburgh because we were really influential in the early nineties West Coast Sound with like Sam Snead and like uh Mailman and those are people who work really close with Hug and Dre and Snoop and like really pioneered that sound, but they just weren't in front of everybody. So we always had like that yeah it is, that's the good stuff. So we always had like a direction that we wanted to go in. We just never had anybody to like wave that flag for us. And just being from pa in general, I think it's really difficult for a lot of artists, even from Philly, you know, to get noticed or to get looked at and be like these guys are original or have their own sound.
Speaker 4: And I think anywhere you have to really leave and.
Speaker 3: Become bigger somewhere else for your city to kind of look at you as somebody. I feel like, even if you're in New York, like, nobody's gonna call you your rap name, They're gonna call you who they know you from the block, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, exactly, So at the end of the day, you have to make yourself somebody and then come back home.
Speaker 4: And it was the same thing with Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: It was it was a lot of grinding and being a teenager, being somebody who is just trying to find myself as a young adult and you know, make music that was appropriate to who I was and that translated to other people that were doing different things. It took a minute, you know what I'm saying, but it was worth it. And I love Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of dope barties out there.
Speaker 3: Man, It's a crazy scenes from the beginning all the way till now. Like we have a lot of talent out there when it comes to uh, producers, musicians, artists, cameramen, designers. It's such an artistic city. Brons, Nah, I don't it's so cold. And so what was it from the moment?
Speaker 1: Like because to me, you're a rockstar, right like, like I mean you transitioned just being a hip hop artist, just being a stoner like you're you're if not, I think you already you're a superstar, right, but it started for being a rock star. At what point did you see yourself transitioning in hip hop? Like you know what I say, being I don't want to say you're bigger than hip hop, but you know, like feeling like my audience isn't just hi, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I feel like I have my own like subculture of hip hop. It's like alternative rap whereas rap, but it's not like hardcore shit, you know what I'm saying, a lot of people like to say crossover or mainstream.
Speaker 4: But that was always my goal to make big songs.
Speaker 3: You know. I never wanted to just be underground or just be a nigga who is just known around the way, Like I wanted to appeal to world wide crowds. And that's how I write my music, that's how I structure it, and just you know, my knowledge about music, it goes beyond just hip hop, and that's why it translates the way that it does. But I think for me, it's more just the attitude than anything. Because you have to have the knowledge, and you have to understand music and how to appeal to people and who you want to appeal to. But also you have to have a certain way about yourself that you present it.
Speaker 4: And pretty much I be sometimes I'm.
Speaker 3: The only one who cares about my opinion, you know what I'm saying, But like, I don't give a fucking.
Speaker 1: You in the studio and you're the only one who likes this vibe and you still go with.
Speaker 3: Just in general about how I want to dress, about how I want to talk about, yeah, just being different, just how I live my life. Like I'm the only one who agrees with me a lot of the times. But that's I feel like that's the rock star energy is just not giving a fuck and doing what you want to do and presenting that to people and making people love you for who you are. And I do it in a safe way. I'm not dangerous, I'm not hurting anybody. I'm not trying to hurt myself, So you know, I always just conducted myself with this confidence and this care for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the first deal you had with Warner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first till I was with Warner, I was.
Speaker 2: The rep and I was he actually was a young guy saying the street team and we worked. It felt in the beginning, if I remember corrected, I might you know, might not, but it felt like in the beginning, Warner didn't know how to how.
Speaker 3: To work your record of market. At that time, the music business was really like just they didn't know what to do. I think like Little Scrappy was the biggest artist at Warner at that time, and that's because Trelville was popping off and they had Jay Rock, you know what I mean, and Kendrick was under j Rock. So they didn't know what was going on with who or who was going to be where in ten years. You did what I'm saying, and it was up to us as the artist to like pave that way for them. And yeah, you're right, they didn't know what to do with me. But I had a song that like appealed to the radio. It was called say Yeah and it was over Alice DJ Semple, and they never heard nothing like that at that time. They were like, who is this kid you know, mixing like you know, wrap with techno, Like they never heard that. So they put of course, they put me in the studio and try to make get me to make thirty songs like that, but I'm talking about smoking weed and riding around with my homeboys and hanging with girls, and they're like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I mean, where's the techno at? So it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Because it felt like because going back to that blog era, Yeah, it felt like the traditional marketing style that was being done from the majors wasn't working. And it felt like you and that whole generation yeah, found your own lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you made it work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was just more going on than what the labels were like showing people. You know, they were just trying to polish it and kind of get the best of that, but they weren't trying to get everything that was put into that to get to that point.
Speaker 4: And that's what I was showing everybody.
Speaker 1: Man, I think artists even need labels at this point.
Speaker 3: Hell no, if you're artist. Hell yeah, if you're an artist, you are your own label, like you.
Speaker 1: Because you know, you know what's crazy about Like, obviously I'll come before you, but your generation still people will get discovered. Right this generation is already building their fan base. They already have a fan base. They have five thousand spins, it might be five thousand different people. They are already build on their fan base, So I always wonder. But then you'll see an artist, you know, get some popularity, and then they'll still go and they'll sign. Why do you think it is that there are good labels out there? There are that take care of the artists, that nurture their artists, that you know, promote them and you know, make them a priority. But that's just a certain game that you have to play, and if you don't want to play that game, you don't have to.
Speaker 4: And I think a.
Speaker 3: Lot of the artists sign because they don't know what they're signing up for. I think you should be fully aware of what you're getting yourself into and then sign the paperwork. Like, don't sign it thinking that you're gonna get a Rolls Royce and you're gonna fly private and you know what I'm saying, Like, that's not what you get into it for.
Speaker 4: It's a career. It's like signing to a basketball team.
Speaker 3: So you have to put in work and you have to do other things along with that to make it freaking lucrative, you know what I mean. So it's like it's all a part of what game you want to play. But to succeed, No, you don't need.
Speaker 1: That right No, Like like right now being EFN, it's opening a distribution for podcast and our contracts are like two pages. It's not no complicated ship. It's like, if you want to be here, you be with us. You don't want to be I feel like record labels, if you signed to a label, it should be that. It shouldn't be that complicated.
Speaker 3: Now it should be especially with all the niggas who's going to jail these days and the niggas on drugs, So you got to have life insurance.
Speaker 1: For a nigga.
Speaker 3: You're making an investment, so like you know what I'm saying, you got a lot. It's like it's like a car, Like you know what I'm saying, The car is a lifetime contract.
Speaker 1: But there's people who have life and like like I'm sorry to sound like the old day we signed, there was no digital in my contract. It never existed because of in the universe. They said, the universe, Yeah what is the core?
Speaker 3: Pppectn't know? Yeah, yeah, no, I mean at the end of the day, like you just got to know what you sign them up for like you can own certain ship and then you can break bread on certain ship for a certain amount of time as well. You just work it out into your favor and then just like you said, these days it's more depending on the artists. So the more you walk in there with, if you have a fan base and things like that, the more leverage you had to say just what I want to do for how long? So that's my advice for anybody is to just build up your leverage. So when you do actually, you know, start taking those meetings or considering it, you know you're you're in a good place and so you can level up. Take a yeah, no, no doubt, thank you brother.
Speaker 1: Do you know you a legend?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: That's you know, that's that's your button.
Speaker 3: There. I feel like I could do Bay. There's Rosie, there's like flowers.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, oh my god.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Good week. Sure you hate it hated to a temperature that turns it from not not into smoke, but in a vapor.
Speaker 4: So it's not smoke, it's not harsh, it's not bothering you.
Speaker 3: It's just vapor.
Speaker 1: That's right. Type of commercials out doesn't want to killing it.
Speaker 4: This thing is dope. Look at your technology rare. The ain't no coal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because just what does that do?
Speaker 3: Rady tidy lefty lucy mine ain't going. I gotta lotion on my hands. Here we go, here we go. Okay, so it's gotta be on them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I see the different modes.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: So it's different, different mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on more.
Speaker 4: This one is this one off because of up.
Speaker 3: Here's the triple one.
Speaker 4: One is the one?
Speaker 6: Come on, come through?
Speaker 3: Yes, all.
Speaker 1: Like he's from the company right here.
Speaker 3: I got it, I found it. Three is the that's the one. All right. I almost turn that the drive. No, you want to finish?
Speaker 1: Three is the hardest three more smoke?
Speaker 3: All right, man, you got the cartridges. You can show me over.
Speaker 1: Showing the cartridges.
Speaker 4: That's official.
Speaker 1: But whiz. We want you to know to take this with me, okay. We want you to know about giving people they fly while they live.
Speaker 3: You want to literally give you your flowers?
Speaker 1: Thank you said, it's like a Grammy. It's beautiful. Yes, makes.
Speaker 4: Where this is going? Exactly where I'm now.
Speaker 1: Another thing about how hearing your music I've been I was running through it. We mentioned it watches a lot man. Yeah your watch guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was it was Yes, I slowed down since I had a kid. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I had it.
Speaker 3: I had him bought the watch in a minute. Actually, Bernard brought me this watch. This was a gift man. He just popped up at my house one day. He was like, you know, thanks for being a good friend. You've been a real good friend. It's like you you you you walked into my life at a real important time. He was like, I just want to show you how much I appreciate you gave me a bust down.
Speaker 1: God damn make a shot. Shout out that man.
Speaker 3: Shout out that b.
Speaker 1: I got an upgrade my friends. Man, Yes, step it boy on the cover of the Forbes Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good friend. Shout out.
Speaker 2: He got that with the four twenty bucks and the first thing that pops up is drink Champs.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you've he be showing going to the lake house. B I'll see you in a second.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 1: You ever thought I noticed a kind of a cliche. But you know, back then, people would be locked up for touching. Yeah, any type of bud, like totally. I remember one time in my hood I threw the joint away. The ship blew away, and the police still arrested me. I saw you smoking. I was like, there was no evidence. I mean, like it, this is fucked up. And now in New York City you can smoke right in front of the police. Ever thought this day would happen?
Speaker 3: No, I did it. I mean, actually I did, but I didn't think it was reality, like I thought.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking some crazy ship like you.
Speaker 1: Doing Amsterdam would just be Amsterdam and that's it.
Speaker 3: I mean even over there, you had to go and the smoke shots, like you couldn't just smoke on the street, like that ship is recreational, like you can just smoke. But and they're removing it from pissed tests. They're not drug testing people from marijuana. They they left it out of the NBA. They do it for like for all approbation, and people like what the hell? You know what I mean, people like smoke a little weed in it going back to jail man, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of motherfuckers I know, need to smokes the weed.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just smoke a little, just smoke a little. But you deserve to be.
Speaker 1: On the streets, you.
Speaker 4: Need you need to be in jail. I'm very happy about that, and uh yeah, I think a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Are gonna benefit from it.
Speaker 1: Right now, you said that you're overseas with the Khalifa cut. Yes, so we're in Amsterdam now or you've been in Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: We're in Amsterdam, We're going to Thailand. We're Germany.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, those are a few places the UK.
Speaker 1: You know what part of Germany?
Speaker 4: No, just the whole country.
Speaker 1: Dog, just Germany, Germany.
Speaker 3: German weed. Bro. It's like saying we do mushrooms over there, too much of it. You got the psychedelic mushrooms over here? You got some chocolates, all right, let's get it well off camera, because you know, I feel those are crazy. Where the fun did you get them from? That's that, Eric, Bro, there's a home and that. I had some of them at Coachella one time. I was just laying down on the ground.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm gonna do champage.
Speaker 2: Yeah Realax, Borys, I don't want you to lay down on the ground right now.
Speaker 3: We all just that's what you lay down and do the podcast, bro, just like Marvin get.
Speaker 1: Do you take a big piece like that? Oh no? Talking about yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, THEMN ship. So have you fucked up right there? Yes, there's a whole eighth in there. That's that's a that's an eighth.
Speaker 6: Whoa, it's not people seven?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: The one I had had yeah, the one I had was was the whole eighth and just that little ass chocolate.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was on a roller coaster. All right, he's your real friend or your brother, like whatever it is. He likes you.
Speaker 1: But I felt I felt prepare. Pressure with Mike Tyson was to ship.
Speaker 3: He gave you arooms chocolate, but I love Mike Tysons.
Speaker 2: Raw like that, give it the chocolate ones. But it was a life podcast in front of an audience.
Speaker 1: But by the way, he wasn't aggressive at all, but in my mind he was like yeah, And I was like, all right.
Speaker 3: I feel aggress this ship.
Speaker 1: Mikes, Like, you never know, was this your first time meeting Mike Tyson? You just did a show I met him before, so and you you met you met STONA Tyson because it's a different version where he didn't get stone.
Speaker 4: Him and I did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I met him when he wasn't getting thrown. He was always nice to me.
Speaker 3: He's a cool dude.
Speaker 1: It's a cool dude. But this is he just this version of Mi.
Speaker 3: He just seemed like one of them dudes like, don't funk with the type dudes, you know, don't play with you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: All that playing around and ship like some niggas don't like that ship.
Speaker 1: I remember, it's funny as hell. You fan gave him a smoke Chaps joint. He took the Smoke Champs joint out just getting back to you held it.
Speaker 4: I was like, he loves weeds. He's all about that weed.
Speaker 1: And you did you also just play George playing Where did you play it back? Uh.
Speaker 3: It's this movie called Spinning Gold that just came out. It's in theaters. It's about the story of Cosablanca Records, Neil and all the homies who started up this record label that hosted a bunch of legendary acts kiss the Isley Brothers, Uh Funkadelic Parliament, Uh Freaking Donna, Summer Village, people like they just had the disco air on lock and yeah, it just kind of describes their whole story and their rise and you know, uh in the music industry and what effect they had and the stories that go along with that. And I played George Clinton. That's it's coolest. Hell his grandkids was on the on the set, yeah, with us. They were actually in the band. So it was really cool man. It was it was like you guys meet Georgia. Yeah, yeah, Hell Yeah, we smoked helloween. He was here right before I met him in person. He was like, yeah, I was just down there, blah bah blah, smokes hello.
Speaker 1: We I thought it was a joke because there's like, you know, we don't want to make the older guys drink and ship, so we're like, okay, alright, cool. Oh he kept going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I performed with him too at the premiere. That ship was cool as hell. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was dope to rock with his band. Like I'm like a real music nerd, so just to see him conducting his band and here excuse me and hearing everybody like doing what they was doing, it was really tight.
Speaker 4: It was really inspirational.
Speaker 1: What's what's what's the artist that you did and have to work with that you would love to work with?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I haven't worked with Hell yet. Any smokes weed now too, So that's pretty cool. I want to work with hull Man. That'll be fun. I want to speak no noise for that, and they get ahold stone man, you.
Speaker 1: Are ready for quick time?
Speaker 3: Ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to explain the russ. Yeah, we give you two names places and things.
Speaker 2: You pick one or if you pick neither or both were drinking or smoking, you could take a shot.
Speaker 3: I guess the Ukah. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, before we start that, did you invent cush ups?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't, Okay, so I did it?
Speaker 1: So like like the game of ping beer pong, what is the legendary story or cush ups?
Speaker 3: Cush ups is you take ten puffs and you hold it in until you can't until you you know, Yeah, can you do cush up? If you if you can, if you can achieve ten, if you can achieve ten, and that's like the you know, the respect active number of cush ups. So if you don't make it attendant and then you tap out and you still need to work on your lungs. You need to get your cush ups together.
Speaker 2: You need to get it.
Speaker 3: You need to get it together. Yeah. Hey, bro, I've seen some of the best folds, so it's all good man, don't even worry about it. Tony and Tripp takes practice a dab dab.
Speaker 1: I smoke.
Speaker 3: You know, it's whatever, bro bongs, papers, bowls. I just don't hit blunts. That's the only But.
Speaker 1: Here's the famous, the famous famous footage. You're kicking the dude out out of the studio. I was like, damn, what's this racist?
Speaker 4: You got to stand on something. It was terrible.
Speaker 3: We were in a studio like it was like a this area. He's like blowing a grape swisher. Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually offered him a joint.
Speaker 3: He didn't want it, so I was get out.
Speaker 1: Allowed you to day. It was it was almost like God's said, because I woke up this morning I had no swishes and all I had was was was papers and I was like, look at where is this God working on me? And then it was crazy. Before I asked for the blunts, I just started rolling joints. The problem is with me, I suck at rolling joints. I can't. I sucked even more at that ship. Show you a picture, a picture what I did this morning. I had a whole ship pregnant like it was. It was like, yeah, I couldn't do it. I can't do I guess I got a great grinder. But how did you learn how to roll a blunt being in the hood? Yeah, drinking milk and cookies. Well yeah, now, but he rolled my blunts though, yeah, yeah, he wrote my blood. Yeah. Okay, okay, So we're gonna be ready for a quick time and I'm gonna do actually going to do.
Speaker 2: Sonny's not here, right, Oh, so is that you want to drink from to do Japanese?
Speaker 3: The ringer is ready, got living.
Speaker 2: Colassney Sonny. He'll smoke, but you'll drink a shot.
Speaker 1: Smoke a little wiz joint. Now, wait before we start this, didn't you guys oh ships.
Speaker 2: All that about the TC Mamahuna they have one?
Speaker 3: Oh damn damn.
Speaker 1: Didn't you guys have a collab with raw all?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Fuck wrong, Okay, yeah, man Ra's been the premiere joint and just are joining choice probably since we started smoking them, like me and Spitter, we crossed over the joints around the yeah currency around the same time, him before me. But you know I made it in time to you know, create the law with him and h We went through a couple of different types of joints. There was zig zags, there was easy wires. There was Randy's. They had like these little wire in them and you could like smoke it like that. Uh yeah, Juicy Jays, and then elements. We liked elements, and then we found out that element in raw was of the same company, but we just liked raw a little bit better. And then that's what we started running with. The unbleached you know, uh, the raw paper dips unbleached.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It's paper, but it's not bleached a lot of chemicals, there's no chemicals. A lot of papers are like bleached and have different chemicals and stuff like that that you're smoking on.
Speaker 1: Your joints model, but come out. We caught the beady smokers. Hold up, yeah, the beady vegan vegan.
Speaker 4: No I'm not a vegan.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, raw papers, but we got Khalifa papers coming out.
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. So everything I enjoy are just spinning into my own lifestyle.
Speaker 1: You know. So you want to talk about your look at company, because.
Speaker 4: Yeah, McQueen. McQueen is as a gin.
Speaker 3: You know, anybody who followed me early in my career, I used to drink a ship ton of gin and we drank bombay, but that really wasn't that good. So we designed something that was based off of a better taste. Still the same great gin feel, but it's really smooth. Like a lot of people who drink gin on like the flavor of it, but this one's smooth. It mixes well. And we have an infused one that just came out too. It's called Ultra Violet. This is.
Speaker 4: It's purple.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is the full name of it is McQueen Violet Fog and the purple one is Ultra Violet. But we're in the same family as do say bel Air, bomboo Von.
Speaker 4: Those are a couple of our other companies.
Speaker 3: We just keep making other little brands and blowing them things up, you know. Yeah, hell yeah, it's a good gin we're taking over. You're not taking shots though, No, absolutely, nah, I'll let you all have that, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: All right, Look, is it true before we go into that currency put you on the rocking Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have never even owned a pair of Jordan's before I met currency. I never had one pair of J's before I wanted some, but I just never met before Chucks that I was gonna say, yeah, yeah, I mean in Pittsburgh, like it's Air Forces Tims niggas wore J's. But like I had to choose, like if I was gonna spend that much money on sneakers or other things. So it's like, you know, just growing up, that was just I never even thought about that, like spending one hundred and thirty or fifty bucks on a pair of shoes. I would go to Army Navy and get some Dicky's and get some white Tea's and shark car hard like motherfucker, that's my whole style. So like yeah, so I mean but Tim's cost a lot, but you get like one.
Speaker 4: Pair of them a year, like you know what I mean, like for real, for real.
Speaker 1: Not in New York. Yeah, in New York week, like six pair year.
Speaker 3: Why was a kid?
Speaker 4: Yeah he was okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all right, two pairs yeah yeah, Like it's religion in New York, I feel, you like, and it's crazy because you got to get the right ones.
Speaker 3: Don't get the ones, No, you got to get the leathers, the double like the souls got to be right on there and everything, like we call them butters in Pictsburgh.
Speaker 1: It's a science to this ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we mainly were like forces and ship like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, currency put me onto to sneakers and cars and just like streetwear fashion in general. Like you know what I'm saying. Just I always had good taste, like you know what I mean, but just like knowing what to get, like he put me in the right direction. Did you.
Speaker 1: Read all right? Cool? I want to make sure I want to killer kill me.
Speaker 3: You take your shots, right, I'm gonna take something you enjoyed me.
Speaker 1: But if we going, that's good, it's good. It's a great, great great guess that's right. Damn that he got a point of smoke. Anyway, one us go ready, first one tupocket d m x X. Oh you got it. You got a reason why.
Speaker 4: I have a reason why I.
Speaker 3: Have told you. Don't have to explain. Oh, both great actors, both great, like a lot of passion, both poets. But I think for me, I went and bought X's first single, like I gotta get at me dog with stop being greedy. On the other side, I bought the tape so like it just means more video exact tape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, gotta makes a noise for you, sir. Yeah, it means a little bit more. Say he bought DMX tape. Yeah that's hard, Okay, go the next one.
Speaker 2: Snoop or currency. Damn, you could say both.
Speaker 1: You can say that.
Speaker 3: You say both are neither drinking both you got.
Speaker 1: You got to take five.
Speaker 2: You gotta take five shots, sonny three?
Speaker 1: What do you gotta do?
Speaker 3: Cush off? It's different, Oh spakes of North Wales? Got damn? That is working?
Speaker 4: Ship all right, Okay, don't don't do that again. Okay, I got it on to ship.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I gotta go back to one. God damn. Wow, all right, cool, get three loose, that's it, all right, let's go y be real or burner fuck shots?
Speaker 4: Yeah both yeah, one, two, three, four?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's make some noise for heavy all.
Speaker 4: I'm in the game now, got.
Speaker 1: That ugas lit? Baby on, baby, I'm.
Speaker 4: About to write a song in this bitch.
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 1: Oh no, damn, I got you. I got you kiss or styles fuck.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna disrespect both. So look one.
Speaker 3: You should go for six, make it even to three, or.
Speaker 2: I should get me high and I ain't even smoking it.
Speaker 3: Oh ye me six oh you're just gonna keep going, damn seven.
Speaker 2: It's a long game.
Speaker 3: It's a long game. Yeah, no, I'm saying the standard.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes said all right, yes, yes. Oh, by the way, set the twitter get big, let's big up to kah. Yeah, this is the four twenty edition. Yeah. The bars said yes, yes. The boss being said, I ain't gonna lie to y'all. Well, yeah, well, don't call it the gun. We called it the machine. Call it the machine. Get the machine out like the like the like the area guns on premise. Yeah, no guns, no, no, no, no anybody, Yeah, the machine. All right, all right, wait till the next one. Okay, okay, joints.
Speaker 4: What you're playing in there? You're playing KK in there.
Speaker 1: See if he peeped his face when he said you got there, he looked up like you got so you ain't see his face off so excited, like look.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Red Man and metho man, all right, this is no disrespect like breaking groups of meth for me.
Speaker 4: Because of his voice.
Speaker 3: Red got bars, meth got bars. Both funny as hell, both got great time in the mess voice is crazy. Oh there's stage presence too, crazy like best ever, but mess voices a little bit iller, I ain't gonna lie, Okay.
Speaker 1: All his answers is pure hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know music, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying I'm more and even more what I expect that I'm even more, Like, how was that blow in my mind?
Speaker 4: Thank you many, appreciate love.
Speaker 3: I love, I love you.
Speaker 4: Gotta do the knowledge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love all right the.
Speaker 3: Drama, Drama. I love Drama. Bro I love Calid too. Cala is a great person. I did twenty eight grams, broke the Internet, all that drama. He's he's just like a pioneer just for the mixtapes and he got like I feel like he got. I think Calla is like an official ass DJ. But Drama got more mixtapes. Oh you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, what he's doing right now with those Juice Skits album.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I love yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I think to me personally, Drama gets that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say, DJ wise, but I feel like overall producer, I feel like Colin might have.
Speaker 3: That's just I think as a producer, Kalid is better than a lot of fools. He's got a great and he knows how to put that ship together and he doesn't mind going after a record.
Speaker 4: Bro, that nigga get on a everywhere. Yeah, he'll go.
Speaker 3: And that's what That's what it takes, because some niggas will give up or they'll be like, oh, I'm away like you know, three four days. He's like, nah, let me get that verse and I respect the hell.
Speaker 2: And he's always been like Miami Cats and he's been like that the beginning.
Speaker 3: That's dope. That's what it takes, bro, for sure. All right, cheat your chunks. I gotta do both. That's a good one. Have you met them? Yeah, yep, cheered you drink it up, sonny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, take a shot. You should have been taking the rum. Okay, then take the uka.
Speaker 3: How many is that with? I'm doing five now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, it's okay, it's it's acceptable. Payment.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, we already know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yes, maybe not.
Speaker 4: Let's see, let's get it.
Speaker 1: Cookies are gumbo's.
Speaker 4: Weed or like weed weed? Okay? I never had gumbo before? Who makes gumbo?
Speaker 3: Gumbo?
Speaker 1: My friend gumbo?
Speaker 3: Man? Yeah, who's gumbo? So homie, so homie.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a burner too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was about to say I'm a weed snob, so I'm real boogie was he was on.
Speaker 1: Ramadanna had to bring something. He was Ramadan. I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Mumbo's on the list of things to try.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 7: That makes you like, okay, tie dollar, juicy damn it, all right, juicy.
Speaker 3: J I'm not drinking because y'all wouldn't had me a leg out of its back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock, Yeah, Dave Chappelle, he way funnier. Okay, what does that mean? I mean, that's coming. You made it.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Hookah or hookah ukah.
Speaker 1: By the way, but I don't know if you realize he's a sexy like you know the hookah. Just you gotta.
Speaker 3: Wars.
Speaker 1: You can bury yourself.
Speaker 4: This is cool.
Speaker 3: It just needs like a little white around it, you know what I mean? And like that's the next neon, like a little light up little led death. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: Sure, crazy over that?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Ayeah?
Speaker 3: Yep A biggie or punk biggie or punk Yeah, damn well, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to go big. Yeah yeah, but I funk with pun though pun is hard.
Speaker 2: Any reason why you this is something big.
Speaker 3: He was just smoother, like you know what I mean, Like he talked about clothes and ship like that, about ship, like if I go shopping now, I'll just be seeing some ship that Biggie said in the nineties, you know what I mean. Yeah, like Punk had bars, but he ain't have bars like that though, Like you know what I mean. He was more talking about like breaking niggas back some like several places and ship like that. That was cool too.
Speaker 1: Radio or podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh you're talking about like as far as radio, like listening to jams or like podcasts is just like.
Speaker 2: However you want, Like what platform to you is the better.
Speaker 1: Quarteria you want, I'm gonna go podcasts, okay?
Speaker 2: Asap Rocky or Big Sean, damn them was both my partners.
Speaker 3: There was both my brothers. I love Big Sean, but I feel like I'm gonna have to go Rocky. I'm gonna go Rocky because I don't look up to a lot of niggas when it comes to dressing. And Rocky can dress his ass off and Sean can dress too. But it's just like a different type, like you know what I'm saying, Like they don't really go against each other.
Speaker 4: And Rocky.
Speaker 3: I'll be looking at his face and Rocky can really dress. So I'm gonna say Rocky, But Sean's Shawn is the better rapper in my opinion, Like Shawn's a better rapper than me. Shawn's a better rapper than a lot of niggas that I know. So like when we're talking lyrics, I'm gonna say Sean. But as far as like the nigga, Rocky, Rocky is the niggas.
Speaker 1: Was like a shot to me something he said, because.
Speaker 3: We need to have a good conversation about that, like people need to know, like why you know what I'm saying, drink Chance alumni, both of them niggas.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see if it's the same with these Rick Ross and French Montana.
Speaker 4: Both big homies of mine.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna go Rose though, uh, just because Rose invited me to his crib in Atlanta and had a mountain of freaking weed that me and currency could roll out of.
Speaker 4: He drove us around and bought us sneakers.
Speaker 3: It was like coolest hell, bro, It's like the Rick Ross dreamy. He just took us through the stories like get whatever you want, little niggas. We was like hell yeah. Early we were like, yes, it's like a hip hop like this was last week and Rose actually got me my deal with Bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the show, Yeah, Brett was asking him about like some people who would be good for branding and help build the company, and he was like whiz. He was like, I know that little nigga's about his business. He does his thing. He's actually out here in the field and he's going to promote. Like he spoke really highly of me and still still does so. And you know, French is my man. We went on tour together, we made money together, We got hits together.
Speaker 2: Rose okay, okay, Rose Sour or Cush Cush a safe on that one.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to safe?
Speaker 1: Y'allo home, Like the way you just looked over Sour like that, Oh yeah you did, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, wait a minute, why did you cyrus cool.
Speaker 1: Down on the smoke, sir?
Speaker 3: But when you mixed Sara with Cush and got head bad, Yes, just made soire like even like better.
Speaker 1: President, but that was mixed with headband and Cush President.
Speaker 3: You know that one? Yeah that sounds like two thirds two yeah, probably like yeah, whatever the fractions are.
Speaker 1: But what's our and cush though, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was half and half. That ship was fine, That was fine, had been straight sired? Hell no, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Realize we come from where they invented the word loud. So where they invented the word loud.
Speaker 3: Loud was invented.
Speaker 1: Your Chicago. But what year.
Speaker 3: It was? Chicago?
Speaker 1: Bro, I should have go think it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a weed historian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it was. I'm a word of story all right for more than all. Yeah, yeah, yes, we don't know East coast terminology.
Speaker 3: He knows that he knows everything. I'm giving that one up to forty win. Argue about it, back to the side.
Speaker 8: Okay, so what about it? So that's how we're saying. Yeah, so he said, what about it to me?
Speaker 1: Because sour to me, soth comes from Canada. So it's no way went to Chicago before it came to New York. Because you come from Canada, write to New York boom.
Speaker 3: Not the actual side of the word. I was so about the word loud. Oh, I'm talking about the actual plan. The actual plant comes from Canada.
Speaker 1: Canada. I believe Canada, Montreal, Vancouver area, Toronto that you know comes from to New York. That's why New Yorker is, I believe had it in abundance, so it was easier and it was loud because you couldn't like that was the first weed you had to put in jar. Remember like remember we didn't come in Jaws before. It's just so loud.
Speaker 4: The first in the draw with some haze.
Speaker 1: That's the haze man, right, you know about weed. And then out here with some people our here when it was crippy.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it was Cripps one.
Speaker 1: It was Haz's cousin crippy. It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was like fluffy like that.
Speaker 1: He stink like it to the state once haze again. I'm like, let it go.
Speaker 4: That pit that pts that real PI slip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, gave me some real.
Speaker 4: Oh my good in this bro.
Speaker 1: Breat just hold out something.
Speaker 3: What up? I'm smoking this broca. They don't even got no label on it. That's how you know. Listen, this is real. This is Drug Dealer Week right here week. Yeah, I'm putting this. Nobody holding this one. I got this one. I'm hold on to this one. Yeah, Ice Cuban scarface, Damn, I love scarface as a lyricist. But I'm gonna go cute because the what you did with movies, like you know, Friday, just like you know, pivoting in and just you know, being a legend. But uh yeah, yeah, Cube, I ain't gonna draw that one out too far. Half Baked Friday, damn half Baked for show. Yeah, I'm gonna go have Baked Friday is a classic.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Everybody knows Friday.
Speaker 3: But I think the story I have baked is just funny as hell. And Dave Chappelle, like it is one of my favorite comedians. So it's like Cuban b Yeah, I'm Cuban, So I use that all the time.
Speaker 1: That whole ship and from Jamaica, what part of Jamaica by the beach?
Speaker 3: Little Wayne or Drake Weezy. Yeah yeah, Drake is hard. You know, he got fucking more hits than anybody. But I think Wayne just sparked the whole culture for everybody, like and then like when he started as a hot boy Wayne, and then when he came back out like lyricism, He's put on Drake. Yeah yeah, Wayne's Wayne's up there for show. Let's see Nipsey are easy.
Speaker 4: Nip, Yeah, some piece of both.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna say nip because that was my friend, you know what I mean, that was my homeboy. Yeah, eminem Bus the rhymes Bust the rhymes for show lyricism is up there. But well, Buster wouldn't want to hear that. He'll be like, I'll.
Speaker 1: Kill that nigga, but with anybody exactly, Yeah, he don't want to hear none of that. Ship.
Speaker 3: But Buster inspired me a lot, man, Like you might not see it in my style a little bit exactly, like just being animated, being like more goofy and more silly and just like not catering to one or two crowds, just being myself.
Speaker 4: But he still gets the respect that he deserves.
Speaker 3: Nobody looks at him like a like somebody who you could just run up on, you know what I mean, just because he smiles. He doesn't say off stage right, and he's great on stage. I always love fast rappers like that's always been one of my favorite things, like growing up as a kid. His videos always been amazing. Yeah, Bust Rhymes is one of my favorite dudes man for Show. He's a great dude man like, yeah, legend, he gives good hugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When he talks about squeeze your hand worth of encouragement, just amazing.
Speaker 4: Love that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're Pharrell Kanye or Pharrell Pharrell for sure? Uh yeah, is you know classic out there? But p I think he speaks more to like my crowd, which is like the skateboard alternative hip hop, but like you know, still you know, fucking into rock bands type ship. Yeah, he is like the leader of that. So I'm gonna go Pee Bob Marley, Jimmy hen Bob Marley or Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go both on that one. Okay, I need to take a shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, like you said that Jamaican, I'm gonna go both on that one.
Speaker 3: I feel like the game you want to go back on the.
Speaker 1: Mm hm. I after yeat George Clinton and Willie Nelson.
Speaker 4: George Clinton, Yes, yeah, George Clinn.
Speaker 3: Have you ever met Willy Nelson? I have not met Willy Nelson. I was gonna say I have, but he rolled me a joint and I didn't get to smoke it.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonn chop it.
Speaker 3: Up with Willy. Willie.
Speaker 1: He rolled you a joint.
Speaker 3: You didn't get to smoke. It's a long story.
Speaker 1: We got, we got.
Speaker 3: I was at my album premiere, my album release party in New York. It was my first album, Black and Yellow had just went number one. I was performing in New York. I sold out the venue. Snoop Dogg was doing a late night television set across the street with Willy Nelson. He left across the street with Willy Nelson to come over across the street with me. He said. Willy said that he wanted to be here, but he couldn't because he owed.
Speaker 4: But he rolled you this joint and he wanted you smoke it. I went on.
Speaker 3: Stage, I got off stage, I said, where's my Willie Nelson joint and one of my home He smoked it? O, that would have been Boris. Boris would have done that to you.
Speaker 2: Not if you know it's from Willy Nelson, you supposed to do that, damn.
Speaker 1: But he probably didn't.
Speaker 3: Know it's one of my he's one of my close friendsyeah, but yeah, we're still really good.
Speaker 1: But he didn't know it's from Really.
Speaker 4: His name rhymes with heavy goods.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 1: Do you know it from Really Nelson? He just thought us a regular joint. You asked him the.
Speaker 3: Whole who knows, man, he said it was good. I mean, I don't think he was trying to do all that. At least it was fire because it's like, yeah, you don't do that. Hey, I know, y'all got some more questions. I gotta figure y'all got a cup I could pee in.
Speaker 1: Plus bathroom for you?
Speaker 3: All right, Today's Sports twenty and is today. Ukah is available right now at get.
Speaker 1: Uka dot com, g E t O O kag dot com.
Speaker 3: Let's go get that. You don't want to be no saying, let's go get all right? All right, this is if I can't answer this one, right, I.
Speaker 4: Get cannon gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is just because I mean, just right now, we just wait for that. But it's gonna happen whatever. Eventually it's happening. How high are Pineapple Express? How high? I had an answer for that one.
Speaker 1: You ever hung out with South Broken?
Speaker 3: I have? We got a picture me him and Snoop smoked. Yeah, we did the cross joint. He want to cross.
Speaker 1: So Crusz join is for real. It's not just in real.
Speaker 3: And he actually smokes weed too. There's a lot of niggas who do weed movies. You don't smoke. Now you can tell. Yeah, he smokes weed. So we're good.
Speaker 2: N w a or wu tang wu tang. And this is the last one, say the last one.
Speaker 1: Okay, the last one. Everyone thinks that this is a trick game, but this is the only time where we feel like it isn't a trick. Love or respect, loyalty or respectxcuse me?
Speaker 3: Loyalty or respect hmm. I would take loyalty, yeah, because you can respect somebody and not be loyal to them. Yeah, And I'll take loyalty. Like, if you don't necessarily respect me, I don't really give a fuck. But if you're loyal to me, if I could like depend on you for something that means a lot, I wouldn't have that in reverse order, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the only time folk is necessary. I feel like loyalty and respect those hand in hand.
Speaker 3: So like that's me.
Speaker 4: But everybody don't respect everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, And like a lot of niggas lose. They might start off respected you and they fucking lose respect for you, or you might end up losing respect for somebody else based off of something they did.
Speaker 4: But you ain't never going to cross that man, I respect that.
Speaker 3: So what you're.
Speaker 1: Saying is both go ahead with what did we do this? The DJ Collin he did not like that.
Speaker 3: He did not like it.
Speaker 1: You know, he was like, I see this show all the time for me to don't never do this.
Speaker 6: That's this is the happen, bro, But pick it out, Florida bird, Damn, let's just chang's happen.
Speaker 3: Let's do that again, said, nothing happened.
Speaker 1: By pure drink Chance fashion. How come I look like I got drinking there.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to that, don't get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pure drink chance fat.
Speaker 2: And Yo, he's been holding that gun for your episode.
Speaker 1: You're holding that for your episode.
Speaker 3: You should have tested the sturdiness of the handle.
Speaker 4: You should have swung.
Speaker 3: We got, we got weed for it, right as momus. We got, we we got, we were good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought we had it playing right.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, up my weed gods came through again. Bro, that was the Khalifa cushier there. Thank you that you just didn't want me to get smoked out?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah yo, yeah, fixure together. By the way, it's classic. We got it all on film. It's still classic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, I'm gonna tell all my friends not to get on your line, like be nice to go, I'll go back to that.
Speaker 3: That's morning we called now for real please, So.
Speaker 1: You got the two records like if I if they was to tell me this is a last some of the last records I want to hear in my life, there would be two of them. From what I'm about to play you right now?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And we thought we had our ships together, little Popito, do not have it together?
Speaker 3: Oh that was like a timing.
Speaker 1: Turn it off.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, yeah, here we go seven. We don't care who's hey, So here we go, hey man a more time.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you why I love this because it was like it was like it like I'm dripping in paint. I don't want to say you brung the youth out of Snoop, but you could tell you you were rhyming and Snoop did not want to be out rhyme by youth.
Speaker 4: That's what it felt like.
Speaker 3: In a great way and the most greatest exactly what was happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly what was happening.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: When we made that song, I had moved out to l A.
Speaker 3: That was that was like my first like time staying there for an amount of time, and uh, I was living at the W and I just told myself in Hollywood, I just told myself. I was like, I never wanted to move out to La till I had my money, right, Like, I know how much money it cost it to live out there. So I wasn't like trying to be cracked. So I was like, I'm gonna make sure my bread is right and then I'm gonna move out here. So I got my money up, I was like, all right, I'm moving. So I lived in a hotel for like a week, and I was like, if I don't find a crib in a week, I'm just gonna be fucking homeless because I'm not going back home.
Speaker 4: And in that week, I met up with Snoop.
Speaker 3: We shot a couple videos, We did a video for that Good. We just talked about a bunch of shit and we just came up with like a whole game plan. And he was like, Yeah, you're gonna move right up the street from me. This is my little apartment in my little wool right right here. You're gonna stay up the street from me. We're gonna shoot a movie. We're gonna do this, We're gonna go on tour, We're gonna lock it up. I'm like, all right, cool, I'm your little homie. I'm posted right up the street. So that's when this song was created in that little amount of time. And he had an apartment right off of Sunset, and I would go down to the apartment and just pick out beats and shit like that. I'll pick like five or six beats. And he literally had the booth in the closet. So I'm walking in the apartment, going in the room, the engineers there, I'm walking through the bathroom. There's like kitty litter. There's like two cats in there. I think it was like prints in or it was two names. I forget what the name. It was like Icontina or some shit. He had two cats. And then you walk through the bathroom and then you're in his closet and it Snooped AG's closet. So it's like all types of like custom Snoop jerseys and stealer shit and Laker shit, just like legendary shit. I think fucking one of Don Juan suits was in there, and I'm like just laying versus in this closet and he would be in another room like just chilling smoke and playing a game, doing his thing. But he would come in and hear my verses, and I would leave and he would do his verses and I would come back and I would hear his shit. So it was like we was going back and forth. I would hear his verse. I'd be like, oh, okay, all right, go back and forth, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like real shit.
Speaker 3: And this particular record we came together because I had just signed to Atlantic and he was like, man, these motherfuckers keep sending me this weak ass song. He was like, it ain't for me, and he was like, but I think together it'll work, like for both of us.
Speaker 1: He was, so that hook was on there already.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's Bruno Mars singing the hook. Oh ship, Yeah, that's Bruno Mars. But he had caught a little case around that time, so they didn't want him being involved with it. Remember to get high record because you know it's a little case or whatever. But Snoop didn't like the song for him individually. I didn't like the song for me, and it just sounded like too like you know what I mean, It sounded like too. It was like it is, it didn't sound right for both of us, like individually, you could be featured on it, but when we came together, it just made perfect sense. Like we recorded that ship in fifteen minutes and just put that ship straight out and it went crazy. Man, that's like one of the biggest songs. They sing that ship all over the world. They singing in Korea, record, they singing in Africa, they singing in India.
Speaker 1: Party is down. Yeah, go to that. You can sing that.
Speaker 4: At the airport and then people would just start singing it with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah real, you know, we can't look over what you just said.
Speaker 2: That type of mentorship that Snooper willing to give you, so dope, we need more of that in the culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Snoop's really the big homie man.
Speaker 3: He's he's really the greatest of all time because I feel like a lot of people that their legacy is living past them. He's the living legend. He's the one who's still here doing it, doing it, and nobody else in the rap game has a second coming of them, like another one of them, like you know what I mean. And he was able to bring me into the game and people be like Yo Whiz is the Snoop Dog of our generation.
Speaker 4: Nobody else has that.
Speaker 1: I believe Kim has that. With Nas, it's similar. No Nas is Nas, Yeah, but somewhat. NAS was the second coming off.
Speaker 3: But did rock him share the stage with Nas? Have they been on tour together? Do they have a movie together? Snoop dogg?
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I'm gonna take a shot of that.
Speaker 3: M hmm, you got it ready? Last one?
Speaker 1: Damn this you're doing. I'm good at it.
Speaker 3: She went to the shop. That's what.
Speaker 2: That's why we got to stick to Uka because what it was the anticipation of it. But it was about to go down, and.
Speaker 4: But it was going.
Speaker 3: It's crazy for it was coming.
Speaker 1: Right now because it was so funny how we had got college all right, but that it was so funny. Have you got college? We're trying to get you. We gotta put it.
Speaker 3: We looking for you to be I want to see Gallant. Oh they made.
Speaker 1: Meme out of that. Jefferson only get off of it. He said, I see the show all the time. He was like, yeah, yeah, you don't smoke all right. So one of my top I don't know when I say top twenty or top fifty or whatever songs that I would like to hear. I got two of them in my list. Oh I think I know what this one is.
Speaker 3: Hit the second one, Oh, it wasn't what I to the anthem though twice much mother over there.
Speaker 1: Man, you got you got plenty of anthems. I'm just you know, picking those two for now. But what I'm saying is, I know you said it earlier. You always want to make global music, but it's a difference from global music and anthem music.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So there's global music where it's just pretty much like I would say the record about Paul Walker, that's like a to me, a global But then you're making these anthems. If you make a global anthem, I would say global global anthems GLO. But I know you said it earlier, but I just want to reiterate that when you make these anthems, are you going in and saying I'm making the anthem tonight?
Speaker 3: That's crazy? Because no, for sure, no, man, I didn't. I didn't really know that I was making anthems. For a minute, I thought that I was just kind of getting lucky with that ship.
Speaker 4: And then I.
Speaker 3: Just started realizing, like Okay, these are those types of records that people fuk with. When I did Black and Yellow, that was just me representing my city. I love Pittsburgh so much. Everybody in Pittsburgh loves the city so much. So it was just, you know, my way of letting everybody know where I'm from. And still is just happened to go to the freaking super Bowl that year.
Speaker 1: The same year, Yeah, it was the.
Speaker 3: Same year that Black and Yellow was on the radio.
Speaker 4: They wouldn't go.
Speaker 3: Super That's what I'm saying. Oh yeah, you know, so that happened with with Black and Yellow and then with Weedham Boys. I have really good taste in music, and I just know a hit when I when I when I hear one. And at this particular time in my career, I was working on my third album, and that could be like a tough spot for artists because you're trying to find your thing and you're trying to still do what's new, and you're just you're just trying to figure out a bunch of things. It's a lot with the label because they might be expecting they have other people coming in, so it's a lot of competition, and for me, it's just always about like making the best music and being in that pocket right then and there. And I knew I needed a hit, you know what I'm saying, And I was just willing to work with with anybody that was, you know, making good music at that time. When I did Black and Yellow, Stargate, they were making hit records at the time, so it was like, let's work with Stargate. And when I did Weedham Boys, Detail was on his way up. He already had like a bunch of hits and a lot of people that he was working with, but he was still you know seasoning and you know, shifting and pivoting and doing a lot of different things. He was all over the place. So he was open again in the studio with me. And as soon as I heard you know, the rough for Weedom Boys, I was like, that's a hit.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this is a banger. And it was just one of them songs.
Speaker 3: That I was really ready to, you know, go to war about and just be you know, stand up, like, yo, this is the record right here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Make sure the label like understands the messages.
Speaker 1: And like it's still dark sounding record when you.
Speaker 3: Hear but it's a it's a it's something that gets you rowdy. When we were in the studio making it, like we were standing up on.
Speaker 2: It, like yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: When we when we went on the promo run for the club, we would just snatch the mic and just be like hold up, hold up. So it just made us feel a certain type of way, and we knew that the world would feel that way as well. And I came up with the idea for the video, and you know, that came off really well.
Speaker 4: So it was just a really really good moment for my career.
Speaker 1: Goddamn man.
Speaker 3: Hell oh yeah. And then Dallas Cowboys picked it up and made it like official and shit like that too. Because the Cowboys that they apparently they them boys, so yeah, they like got shipped in their yards that says weeding boys. They got Dallas Cowboys shirts and all that. When they score touchdowns, they fucking screaming weeding boys. So it's like I got a Pittsburgh anthem and I got a Dallas anthem as well. Jerry Jones to cutting them checks, I mean, not necessarily a check, but it's good promotion though. And they let me go to the stadium and like some nachos and shit.
Speaker 4: It was cool.
Speaker 3: Now they're really really cool about it. Then you know, it's it's good promotion. You guys fixed that over that.
Speaker 1: We have literally a mechanic, a mechanic working bro. I also heard heard you say somewhere that if you if you had a chance to do rolling papers over or you would have did something else.
Speaker 3: Nah. That was like early in my career. I was like letting the criticism get to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had felt that people were expecting one thing from my mixtape shit, and then they got something from my uh, from my from my album that they didn't that they weren't ready for, and just me caring about people's reactions, that's what made me say that.
Speaker 4: But looking back, I don't give a fuck. That shit is legendary.
Speaker 3: Like I got plaques in my crib from more than half of that album, which means people physically were buying that shit. And it was a really good, you know exercise for me to get to where I'm at in my career now. And if I wouldn't have done that, it wouldn't have made the you know, paved the way for hits like you know, Weed and Boys, Young Wild and Free See You Again and you know, all the other platinum hits that you know, people love me for.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad I did it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I wrote the letter, and but I don't.
Speaker 4: Feel like that today though at all.
Speaker 2: You also one of the first artists working with the guys that's Rolling Loud. They remember, I remember out here the for a lot of deal the Revolution Revolution Live, and they were doing their early Rolling louds.
Speaker 1: We were just doing straight concerts.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, And you were one of the first artists working with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did that translated you that relationship still in tact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: We pioneered a lot of things, man, just by being available.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: Me being like one of the first rap acts doing festivals and just bigger you know, headlining stages and things like that, it opened up a lot of opportunities for people to bring that, you know, same attention to other artists as well, or take their artists on tour or sell merch and do.
Speaker 4: Things like that.
Speaker 3: So it's really good to see like the whole show scene and the festival scene like budding and you know, everybody you know eating off of that and it's still the original homies from before and this cast, like you know, things that we did at south By Southwest that are still going or you know, reached their peak and we were able to see that through.
Speaker 4: So it's really dope.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Do you prefer doing festivals or a show that's just you?
Speaker 3: I like all of it. I love doing the festivals. I like doing the festivals because you get different types of me. Like that's the only time I'll be able to perform with like Elton John or some ship like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's really cool to do the festivals.
Speaker 3: And then when I'm on my tour, I'm able to you know, go in with the production and just be more creative and things like that, with with my own vision.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that. So I get I get a lot out of both.
Speaker 1: He any place that you can't go to because of your smoking habits.
Speaker 3: Du Bay don't allow smoking, But it's not that I can't go there.
Speaker 4: I just can't smoke while I'm there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm hearing that they decriminalize it, but I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: But it's religious why they don't do it over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Like more lenient, but it's like still you know, like having weed is one thing, but then like trafficking, being with traffick hers, it's like it's a lot, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, Like I know, I remember Smack Dad in the middle of you know, people getting the did for weed. It was like Snoop had like the illness pass. Like he would come to this one hotel in New York and for seven floors they would just let him smoke whatever the fuck he wanted.
Speaker 3: And it's like different, man, what you do in your boss is different.
Speaker 2: Mhm, we should have the gun popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, come on, man, you let us down.
Speaker 3: Shoot men.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. It's not more. You guys are way too optimistic. Let's smoke this spooka.
Speaker 1: Then are we smoking that? Goddamn need know they It's crazy because me listening to repacked it your music, I was I said to myself, Man, I always wanted a record what wiz in phar real And we actually do have a remix with me, you and Pharrell, But it's not the real thing. Before it's not the real thing, I mean because I just felt like it was. It was just a remix. But like me listening to riz music, I need that fit, I need I need that hook. I need the hell.
Speaker 4: Are you going to do with that?
Speaker 1: Verse? Then we got you want?
Speaker 3: I need?
Speaker 1: I want to go with me and you, Pharrell, get him. We need to go in the studio and make it feel good record.
Speaker 4: You gotta spark it though, I'm smarked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am smarked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you gotta spark it like I want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like I want to do well, well, maybe it's not my last album, or maybe it's a drink Champs full album, and I want to do guests that we had.
Speaker 4: It's easy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we had we had a studio up there.
Speaker 3: Oh well we was, So we're going to be in the studio together, are you sending this? I like being in the studio with Pharrell and I like being in the studio with you. Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, And there's nothing like being in.
Speaker 2: With Forrell because I was able to be in the studio with them a couple of times and.
Speaker 1: Working against it's funny too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had me cracking up.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what you need to do, Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 2: What you need to work on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 1: How many times you've been in the studio for maybe.
Speaker 3: I think we locked in for like three days when I was working on my second album.
Speaker 4: And then maybe like another time after that. Okay, it was really good though. He made a beat right there on the spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh he did a verse on there. Oh wow, because I like saying my part and then I wrapped my verse and I was like, yo, p let me get a verse.
Speaker 4: On here real quick. And he went in there and wrapped me a verse.
Speaker 1: I was like hell, just like most people did write his verses, he.
Speaker 4: Did his verse. He showed up for the video as well, like, yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So what producer would you want to work with now that you haven't Dre?
Speaker 4: Dre is on the list.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely gonna work with Dre, but I want to work some more with Timberland. Yeah yeah, yeah, I want to fuck with Tim a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Swiss beats, Swiss beats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that. I can see that.
Speaker 3: Easy me and Swiss.
Speaker 1: I can see that, ye Swiss. I can see that.
Speaker 3: Would you do it versus not right now?
Speaker 1: Right now? You got more years, or.
Speaker 2: You feel that's for someone that's more your elder, or you you feel like it's catalog wise, you want to do more.
Speaker 3: I think I feel like catalog wise, I would want to do more, like just as a consumer when I watch versus I get happy when I hear like older songs that I didn't even know that they had anything to do with, or just like hits that you know they might have been behind the scenes on the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it'd be cool to like bring that out.
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of my ship is still relevant, so it's like not a not a real surprise, like you know what I mean, Like it'll be cool to be like, oh, yeah, this nigga does have a lot of bangers, but I want to be involved with a lot more different things that aren't just whis Khalifa. And then if I was to do it versus be like, yeah, and I wrote this play something in.
Speaker 4: Spanish like you know what I'm saying, Like, you know that's more reflex to me.
Speaker 1: Have you done anything like throwing in the artists?
Speaker 3: I do a ton of stuff, man, Yeah, yeah, you called them a body, Like what do you say?
Speaker 1: I don't know, and say the English just saying so just.
Speaker 7: Get to tell yours, LL tell them in Spanish and I understood them just fine.
Speaker 4: Exactly what he said?
Speaker 1: What did he say? Damn relax, I smoke exactly. So we spoke about the foot earlier. You think you be kicking the ship out the box, them them them heavy bags. You be kicking the ship out.
Speaker 4: You said, that's why my feet are dry.
Speaker 1: Asking no dry, use the word. I said, you think that's the reason why the fetus virble was because you be kicking the ship out.
Speaker 3: Because I'll be looking at you want to be playing.
Speaker 1: What are you training in? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do multi I do mutai jiu jitsu, taekwondo, and oh it's mixed martial arts.
Speaker 1: Its m m A.
Speaker 4: So it's everything. A nigga might throw you on the ground.
Speaker 3: The nigga might elbow you, a nigga might grab your ankle all that ship. Basically, you don't up with your big I mean you know, I just train. It's a sport. I'm in shape. You use your feet. Yes, you say you chalk up your foot to kick. I like to jump. I mean you know, no, I think it's just from like lack of moisture.
Speaker 1: That's all, okay. Yeah, would you be kicking the shit out the bad Yeah?
Speaker 3: I trained five days a week at a gym called Unbreakable. I've been I've been training for about six years consistently. Now I do weight training and uh and you know the martial arts end of it as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, only UFC niggas go there only the.
Speaker 3: Well UFC is A is a brand, so m M A is Martial arts is the is the art.
Speaker 1: All those practices.
Speaker 3: Karate is a part of any martial art. Mix them up exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Barus is the time. Don't lose no more because you don't hold that motherfucker.
Speaker 3: That ship to your head. He said, I'm not. It's gonna kick you. He said, I'm gonna.
Speaker 9: Kick him standing because.
Speaker 1: He's about the man that.
Speaker 10: I got.
Speaker 2: I'm getting smoking, definitely smoking broh.
Speaker 3: Ship man happy given kick you? Hell yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Why am I the only one comming here?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't even smoke. You're high. I can see it in your eyes. You just got high like he's read got high like, yes, he's fucking high.
Speaker 2: Bout one of these Mike Tyson bites.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's big up to my.
Speaker 3: Flare Broat eat the ear Man.
Speaker 1: Ship So cut your orange juice, right yeah? Or a piz a unique sound? How did you? How did you capture that sound man.
Speaker 3: It was like really just living on the road and being a young man and just rapping about my my excursions as a young player.
Speaker 4: And it was real fun, man, it was. It was a good time.
Speaker 3: I met Currency during that time, and we kind of came up with well not kind of, but we really strategically came up with our own style and our own sound, and we actually called it karate. And we were watching a lot of we were watching a lot of anime and samuraise and just you know what I'm saying, just crazy ass ship and we just called out there you go. We just called our flow karate, like just how we would kick it, how we would do ship. And the Cushion Orange Juice came from my homie Jake and Toronto. So I went up to Toronto for a couple of days and I was recording the last couple pieces of how Fly, which is the mixtape that I did with Currency, but I was also working on Cushion Orange Juice. And everything that I would say was like wake and bacon, Like we would wake, we would baking, we would do this, and then just randomly he was like, man, your laptop smells like cushion orange juice, and I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, bro, you don't understand. That's my whole life right there.
Speaker 3: Like it just felt to me like a different way to say wake and bake, like cushion orange juice. And I was able to wrap the music around that and you know, just texture everything to really just describe what we were going through at that time. And shout out to Cardos, shout out to Sledgern, shout out to germ E. Dan, everybody who produced on that album, Nesby Phipps, a big crit you know, everybody. Yeah, everybody who had beats or verses on that album, man, Like, uh.
Speaker 4: It was. It was legendary for us.
Speaker 1: And not only that, it was like, like, you know, most hip hop albums have skits. That's the one thing I noticed about it is skits? Idea? Was it?
Speaker 4: That was my idea?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I came up from that era where you know that every classic album has skits on it, like the Chronic or you know, something Women I or fucking you know, every dope album has skits on it. So I just wanted to do it in my own little way, and of course I came.
Speaker 4: Up listening to Snoop, so they had you know.
Speaker 3: Uh, doggy style radio and uh.
Speaker 4: And all of that shit.
Speaker 3: So I just made up my own little radio station w ED it, made my own little you know, host of it, and we just went with it. I did a bunch of mixtapes before Cushion Orgies. I had like seven mixtapes. Yeah, I had like seven projects before that where I had also you know, done the same concept. But like everybody knows, it takes a minute for it to catch on, and especially at that time, I had the Internet to help me out, Like you know, Twitter was brand new, so I was just fucking abusing that and YouTube. I was just you know, uploading everything and making it a movie or making it a post or a vlog, and people were just following my whole.
Speaker 4: Thing on Twitter.
Speaker 3: So when that album came out, it was really interactive for the fans as well. And it was one of the first things to really use the Internet like that too, So it was it was big.
Speaker 1: You feel like he was one of the first viral artists, like Internet viral, Internet right, right.
Speaker 3: Which is what I mean.
Speaker 4: I would say Soldier Boy is the first viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say.
Speaker 1: Soldiable so boy. Yeah, yeah, I would say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's it's true though, Like he really was like the first viral. I think he literally got his record deal. No, absolutely, because he was hustling. He was like in his house and people heard his music from him promoting it and before it was like out of the trunk and the Internet became the new trunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I would say Soldier Boy first.
Speaker 2: Which went hand in hand with the Rington at the beginning of that ring Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the ringtng Era was was one thing too, because yeah, for sure that was a big thing over at Warner was like does it got a ring tones that? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I didn't I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: He was saying something we interrupted you no, yeah, go for it bro yah.
Speaker 3: Gun guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got mad questions this it does? This is do roll up?
Speaker 3: That song? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where was you act?
Speaker 3: Was? Did you roll up?
Speaker 4: Did I roll up?
Speaker 1: That's your part of the question. How you just came up with that?
Speaker 4: So that was that was an interesting part of my career because I.
Speaker 3: Have written Black and Yellow maybe like eight months before, but nobody really believed in Black Yellow.
Speaker 1: So so black and Yello was out eight months and it wasn't reacting.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't believe in it before I put it out. Yeah, yeah, before we dropped it. It was about four months before it dropped. So that was the period where nobody like believed in it, And that was the period of them, like the label asking me to record another single. I'm like, no, I got a single black and heels black and yellows black yow. So we put Black and Yellow out in the fall. Yeah, it was atlantic. I don't want to throw anybody on the bus make I remember working these records. Yeah exactly. I don't want to make a scene. I don't want to make it seem like anybody's bad at their job. But like you know what I'm saying, Like they know the story. They'll tell the story too. The label didn't believe in Black and Yellow. We put Black and Yellow out and win number one, so they're like, fuck, we need another song immediately, like right now, Like get on the plane, get back in the studio with the same producers and do what you did the first time. I was like, all right, cool, fuck it. So they played me a couple of beats. I didn't really you know, fuck with any of them. I was like, this was I was cool, and I'm gonna do it about this instead. You know, I did a fucking you know, a sports anthem. I was like, let me soften it up a little bit, but I'm on my weed shit, so let me like troll the world and like have it sound like friendly but be talking about fucking weed at the same time.
Speaker 4: And I wrote roll Up.
Speaker 3: And you know, they went with it and we we shot the video. Cassie was in the video Shout out the Cassie, and that was another you know, platinum, platinum record for me right out the gate because.
Speaker 1: That was like right on the verge of weed like kind of like being UnTaboo at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, it was still a thing, like it's still a taboid. Yeah yeah, it was still.
Speaker 3: A thing, especially like me coming from like the blog or mixtape era, like people weren't used to me making those types of songs. But I always knew like, yeah, I'm gonna make bigger records that are gonna appeal to everybody, but I'm gonna just do it in my own way. So that was my way of you know, making a crossover record but still making it weed friendly, like you know, it's genius.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just make some noise for that, and just to go back on not throwing the labels under the bus, just to be fair of these marketing departments. This was the era where the Internet was so new in terms of how people were promoting music that the labels were strolling the old guard of just radio promotion and the old way. That that's why they had like they didn't catch up quick enough. You're saying, they were all like kind of behind on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't understand that we were in control of our fan base, right. They thought that they knew better than we did. I'm like, look, I could say fuck this shit blah blah blah, and they're gonna buy it, like they love me. They don't care what the fuck I'm saying. Like, labels hadn't seen that before. They were used to building the artists and the machine is still the machine. Back then, there was no digital sales. It was all like physical. So if I'm selling a million records, these are a million motherfuckers who's going to buy this shit? So it was a different time back then, so it was a lot more on the line.
Speaker 4: Back then, they.
Speaker 3: Controlled the publicity.
Speaker 2: You could go straight to the blogger, straight to the Internet, and I think they were still catching up.
Speaker 3: It was just a discontent they had it.
Speaker 4: They didn't they had it come together.
Speaker 1: But once your artists started to take control like that, your generation is is probably that generation that started to take control.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: That generation is where they introduced the three sixty deal.
Speaker 4: Sixety started before that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean what I mean is they they.
Speaker 2: Re because three sixty was was trying to grab your your show money everything.
Speaker 1: It was everybody. I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It wasn't having to do with Internet. It was just grabbing your show money. They already started, like you said, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I believe it has already started. But believed after these artists, like you know, start to be self contained. Yeah, self contained. I believe that's where it reintroduced itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I feel like the three safety started to just become more of what makes sense because they wanted everything together.
Speaker 1: And they were losing money. They were losing a lot, you know, because CDs weren't.
Speaker 3: Seeing the the the control that an artist would have. And it's a way to leverage it more to be like yo, just work with us, because you'll end up making more money. You'll give us this percentage, but you're gonna make a ship ton more than you would just by yourself. And that's just them, you know, up in their game, like we're forgetting the.
Speaker 2: Napster era, like the era free downloads and bootlegging on the on the digital level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I prefer I mean when I came in to tell my shit, I preferred that.
Speaker 3: Different stuff started becoming valuable for an artist, Like merch wasn't that valuable for an artist before I came in the game. But you know, you start seeing Taylor Gang, this Tailor gang. Now they're like, fuck, we need a piece of that, like you know what I mean. So that starts to get wrapped into three sixty deals and then you start talking about like monetizing niggas, social media and all that other ship and it just gets real crazy that that didn't even exist when I was there. But yeah, there's a lot of different reasons why they do it in different ways that they upgrade it due to you know what I mean, where we're at in the game. Like, for sure, one, would.
Speaker 1: You ever sign an artist to a three sixty deal?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't, Okay, No, hell No, I'm just not that big of a machine.
Speaker 4: Like I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't follow through of what a three sixty deal intel help get the shows?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean why can help you get.
Speaker 3: Shows and shit like that, Like that's cool, but it's like, you know, I can't go to radio and be like yo play play this song like all of those other artists play this song because that's what they do, like other I mean like labels. You know what I'm saying, Like, if you're a priority artist, you're gonna get that type of treatment.
Speaker 2: That's the problem with the three sixty deal. And only a certain small percentage become those priority artists.
Speaker 1: Show and everybody else is stuck.
Speaker 3: Their show a priority for a certain amount of time. It don't last forever.
Speaker 4: They got other priorities.
Speaker 1: There's no shit hold, but it ain't no fun.
Speaker 3: The song yeah, girl Talk Ye Smoke Dizzy Yep, okay cool Smoke Disess Yeah yah yeah, that's there is on it. I just didn't get the name.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yep, tell us about that.
Speaker 3: I was fucking loaded. Girl Talk called me to the studio. It's like we're making the album. Bro, it's got three of your best friends or two of your best friends on there, just getting the studio, just start making jams, yo, like like old times, Me and Dizzey we came up, you know, mixtape days blog are yeah, smoked Smoked. There's a crit took him on our first tours together.
Speaker 4: You know, we really really just came up out the mud together.
Speaker 3: So when it comes to getting in the studio with them dudes, it's automatic, like we're just coming up with ideas. Sometimes smoke or started. Sometimes critles do the hook. Sometimes I'll come in with the hook. Sometimes I'll have a verse like it's just nobody stepping on nobody's toes Hella laughs. And girl Talkers from Pittsburgh. He's a big DJ just in the scene. He's been in the scene for a minute, and he's a producer as well. So that was just our opportunity to just mix everything up and you know, have something great for the fans.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, me and you got like something similar. But I feel like Yankee yours is as bigger. Whenever someone passes away here for my crew, I made a record call sometimes which is about my father. Well see you again. It's like the bigger version of that. Yeah, right, Thanks it's up there with you know, What's What's What's What's the puff Daddy Ship? Uh, I'm missing you with Bone Dogs Crosswords.
Speaker 4: That's one of my favorite songs ever.
Speaker 3: That's a big record.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to be as careful as I can because we all know it's about Paul Walker, correct, right, so we know that you know how he passed away or whatever. But what made you want to like create that type of type of record.
Speaker 4: I was brought into that.
Speaker 3: For Fast and Furious sound Yeah, for the Fast and Furious soundtrack. Kevin weaver right shot to Kevin Weaver Man did me a huge solid. They were coming up with the soundtrack. I'd done one of the Fast and Furious soundtracks before Paul Walk up. No I didn't. I didn't meet Paul Walker. God, no excuse me. I had done one of the Fast and Furious soundtracks the movie before this one.
Speaker 4: I think it was on This one was on nine. See You Again was on nine.
Speaker 3: So I think I did a song on Fast eight and it performed really well, so they had to See You Again song. The situation had happened, right, it had happened. They filmed the movie and he was in a lot of the movie. But then the situation happened mid filming the movie, so like the last scene of the movie.
Speaker 4: They had planned it.
Speaker 3: They were like, this is the song that's going to play in the last scene of this movie.
Speaker 4: Here you go, Buddy. I was like, damn. The beat they had the hook was already there.
Speaker 3: Charlie was singing the hook, and the idea behind the song was to have a lot of different artists on it, so there was a little there was a little Wayne verse. I think they had Chris Brown cut the hook as well. They had a lot of different artists on the song, and it just went through like a trimming and a shaving phase and it just ended up being my verse on there with Charlie's hook, and they were like, we like this, it pasts a perfect picture, like you really tapped in. Could you write another verse for it? Like totally, So we all got in the studio. I sat there and wrote my verse and we the song out and the first week it performed well, the video comes out and then it just goes to number one and it stayed at number one for I think thirteen or fourteen weeks, and yeah, that was like my biggest record and hell yeah, it was just a huge, huge fucking moment.
Speaker 1: Yea, because that's crazy that you have like some of the most beautifulest record Yeah, and you got one record that's like, yeah, it makes everyone cry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure. I mean it's a blessing. Like a lot of people don't know. I lost my brother as well, and at that time, I knew he was going to pass because he passed from cancer and he decided not to get treatment, and so yeah, I was dealing with that as well. So I was able to, you know, write real feelings. It wasn't just like I was just talking about you know what I'm saying. So there's real feelings in that song. And that's why people are able to connect with it, because you know that's gonna last forever. Like you know, sadly, death is a part of life. It's fucking guaranteed. And you know, people die every day, Garant, you know what I'm saying. People lose something or there's just hard ship to hold onto. In the song, it can help you get through it, it can help you deal with it.
Speaker 4: It can help you, you know what I'm saying, remember that ship.
Speaker 3: So it's a it's a blessing more than anything to be able to be a part of those moments in people's lives. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about Mac Miller? You know, I know you guys have yeah yeah, rest of peace? Yeah, rest peace for a walker. But you want to speak about anything like, well, Mac Miller, you guys relationship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mac was a really good friend of mine. Super talented, Yeah, man, hella talented, represented pittsburghh Yeah, represented the Burgh tremendously and just carved his own way. Like you know what I'm saying, he can't. He came up at a time where everything was still finding directions, so it was like you could be this, so you could be that.
Speaker 4: But he made his own way.
Speaker 3: And uh, the way that his fans respect him and love him and people cherish his music is Uh, it's beautiful, man, the way that they keep him and keep him going. And it's it's super sad that what happened to him and what it represented, because I was talking to one of my homies the other day and he was just saying.
Speaker 1: How.
Speaker 3: For a whole era of people Max spoke to you know what I'm saying, So like losing him, it's kind of like a lesson to them. But it's also like really sad that that's the way that they had to learn that.
Speaker 1: Where did you Matt Miller Meat.
Speaker 3: He's younger than me. He went to my high school, but I didn't actually meet him. Yeah, I didn't actually meet him in high school. I met him at the studio, just like pulling up. I would be there with my homies, or I would go away for tour and I would come back and they would be in the front room making their little joints or shooting videos or just running around the city like you know what I'm saying. They kind of made a name for themselves, and that's how I got on to them.
Speaker 2: Was there ever any kind of competition being from the city. Nah No, No.
Speaker 3: I think it's always about embracing, like especially the people who coming up after you, like you have to embrace them and kind of just show them the right thing to do or how to do it or what what what a good example of that looks like, and then they're able to take it on their own and define it for what they wanted to be. But to compete with them, like, that's not the way of like hell no, never that, hell no.
Speaker 1: Now, recently me and you spoke awful line because we were both bringing our kids. It's goddamn WrestleMania.
Speaker 3: That was dope.
Speaker 1: I did not go. Yeah, I went, the kids, got them there, everything went yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah yeah yeah. But did I seen you there? I seen you there? Are you a wrestling fan? Yeah? Put us on? What is Snoop was in it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Snoop was actually a lot yeah, Snooping crazy? Yeah yeah, Snoop was in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, ship. I used to watch well, I watched wrestling before it was w W.
Speaker 2: I watched yeah, when I was a kid, I was into Yes, So I was like.
Speaker 11: The whole cold uh, roddy Roddy Piper, that's my that's my undertaker, Sean Michael, that's.
Speaker 3: Heart heart uh uh.
Speaker 4: Nation of Domination.
Speaker 3: Him in the.
Speaker 1: Eighties and love sting sting r fla fla WLD.
Speaker 3: But he came back. He can't.
Speaker 1: He's a super leg play out here smoking blunt somebody's super legs.
Speaker 4: There was hell in it.
Speaker 3: He was before w W. He was. He was the Square Regeneration.
Speaker 1: Drinking private rejects like.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 1: That's that's some rapper ship right there. He was like, no wearing limo haven't bright but jet flying. I was like, why up?
Speaker 2: That's bars, you know, I see Ric Flair at a at insane posse, at the gathering, at the gathering of the Juggalos.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, this is wile saying.
Speaker 1: And he went on stage.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think he was hold he said, yeah.
Speaker 2: But then you know out there the Juggalos they throw up I don't know what that that that that bottle of It's like soda, these big ass soda bottles.
Speaker 1: What is called out where they from?
Speaker 2: They from Detroit, from Detroit, So they throw these big ass bottles at you. But that's out of love. But ever came back, He's like, what the fuck was pitching the motherfuckero?
Speaker 3: Where's my.
Speaker 1: Where's Let me ask you, do you think the wrestlers on cocaine?
Speaker 3: Do I think the wrestlers were on cocaine? I don't think. I've pretty much heard I know something I was smoking. I heard some dark cawana, A part of you have to do cocaine. That's they didn't know like the long term effects of it.
Speaker 4: Back, you know, they were still like in the middle of the experiment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's some fun. I'm gonna drink. I'm taking the past, you take away, No, you're good, I got I got a couple of more.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, oh, go for it.
Speaker 1: With the sample, the trail. What's the sample. What's the name of the sample. It's it's it's come on, come on, pull it up. Son, Yes, the Empire, the Son, No, No, I got it as it's the Thrill, walking off the Dream, walking on the Dream, walking on the Dream. Empire.
Speaker 3: The Son is the group.
Speaker 1: Oh see you see you telling me?
Speaker 4: He showing me from Australia.
Speaker 1: They hard, So you sampled this this record. Yeah. Now, for those that don't know, this is interpretation is different, right. Interpretation is where you can do someone's record over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, and that paid him.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: Interpolation is where you like replay it. It's like certain notes that are different. But this was like a whole flip. So what happened with this was with the Thrill in particular. This was just like the mixtape era. And I went to a party and there was I was in Indie, Indiana, i think, and I had chilled with the with the guy who brought me out there. He was I was at a college campus and I hung out with him the whole day. He was so cool. He took me shopping, we did the show. He was so professional, and as soon as the show was over, he started doing tons of coke and everybody in the room was doing cocaine. I was like, what the fuck happened? Y'all were fucking professionalist. Hell earlier, I'm just smoking weed. Everybody in the room is doing cocaine. And the Empire of the Sun's song came on, and this dude was coked out of his mind. Not the promoter, but he was too. But look, he had a regular collared shirt on, like yours, damn, And when he started doing the coke, he flipped his collar up, so he yeah, that's what he turned into when he did yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So he looked at me.
Speaker 3: He was like, bro, he was like, if you rap over this song, you'll be the fucking man. And he was right, dog, he was fucking right.
Speaker 4: I went home and wrapped.
Speaker 3: Over that shit. I just took the beat and looked it like right at the beginning, I just looted the part that I wanted because they didn't have the instrumental and I just put that shit out like that.
Speaker 4: Was back in the day before you would get like Sue, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They wasn't really looking at this internet kid, you know, blah blah blah. But fast forward, I started doing Hell's shows off of that shit, and they were like, damn, you're making money off of our record. So they like made up this whole little rule where it was like, if you sample certain records, you can't perform them unless you get clearance from the artists. Blah blah blah. It's that other thing because you're technically making money without clearing the record. I was making millions of fucking dollars traveling the world performing this song, and they're sitting at home like that's our song, Like it's damn, it's damn. They're bigger than our record, Like what the fuck. We haven't even performed our song at that level. So eventually they just had to break bread. They was like, look, we'll just fucking make your version. Whatever your name and your song is, that'll be your version, and then we'll have our version. It's basically the same song, but I got my version and they got their version. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm keep the collar flipped up.
Speaker 1: Yeah that is crazy. So yeah, because he was saying, like how he sampled this record, Like I don't know if you remember, but La La and New York, New York, Like we had to give one hundred percent rights to the sugar Hill Uh, Like we couldn't. Like as soon as they suit us, we just say, yes, we did sample you like what caught. Yes, you sample it with them, they worked with you. You know you could do that.
Speaker 3: Well, you can negotiate those situations.
Speaker 2: What happens is most of the time the artists don't ever even ask, and then after the fact that the publishers are coming.
Speaker 3: And grabbing their stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you were to like anticipate that situation, you could go and negotiate with the estate or with the artists and whatever, and they might be usually they're going to be probably cool about it.
Speaker 3: And it works in everybody's favorite when they are cool about it, because they start saying how much money they could make. They'd be like, oh, right, never mind, let me just chill.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to go to court and do all that crazy shit after the fact.
Speaker 3: And then and then especially with digital sales, they back day everything. So that song was streaming for like ten years, so all of the streams from ten years get brought up now, so they're about to get a fat ass check from all of the ship that it already did, just for just for signing the paperwork, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, hell yeah, just.
Speaker 3: For signing the paperwork, just for being like, all right, we're cool with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, this is he's the week's proper cheese. So oh fuck up. Yeah, because I was just gonna go on there.
Speaker 2: We talked about producers you would work with, but what about straight mcs you want to collaborate with or.
Speaker 3: Would you do ever do it?
Speaker 2: Actually, never mind the collab would you ever do a joint album with someone?
Speaker 4: And who would it be a joint currency?
Speaker 3: I'm down to do a joint album with anybody, man, Like I feel like bless you. I feel like anybody who I get in the room with and vibe with for like four days. We end up making like a little mini album. Anyway, Uh Me.
Speaker 4: And Cutty been working back and forth on some stuff.
Speaker 3: I could see us, like, you know, continueing our flow because it's very very natural and the the the ship that we got is fucking heat, so yeah we don't Yeah, why stop that and be crazy yeah, yeah, I'll be fun.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that's one of the illest things about you is your melodic Yeah, thank you. You know when you like you could rap rap yeah yeah yeah, but then you can also get into this melodics.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Show, and I think that's what cutting is too.
Speaker 2: Would you guys give that the beginnings of that melodic in in rappers.
Speaker 3: To He's from He's from He's from Ohio, I'm from Pittsburgh. Definitely, Bone does harmony.
Speaker 1: I heard that much to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, that's that's my influence for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a time, right. I was just like in rap purgatory you know what that means. Yeah, Like I'm just chilling. And I went to l Aye. When I went to Alchemist's.
Speaker 2: House, shout out Alchemists such a legend.
Speaker 1: Was like, man, come outside, you know I was. I was like, if people don't know what purgatory is, a state where you're not really between heaven and Hell, but you're not really like it's just existing. Yeah, just existing.
Speaker 3: It's not a place.
Speaker 1: Malachim said to me and Kick Cutty at the show. Alchemist said to me, come out this has when Kirk Cutty is you know. So I said, I'm not going to the shows. Those those type of people don't like me. You said that, Yeah, that's what That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: Kayak doesn't like this is by the way I brought it up.
Speaker 1: Shot at I want to get it back at me. Anyway, you gotta do all your drops. So anyway, so I told Alchemists, I was like, no, he's like, yo, like you had something to do with putting on for real, for real is like the godfather of this like hipster scene. I didn't really know what. I don't want to call the hipsters.
Speaker 4: I said, well, it's fine, it's not it's not it's not racist.
Speaker 1: So going to this Kirk Cuddy concert not a concert, it was a show in La somewhere, and I walked in and I'm trying to be incog negro. I got a ski hat on in La a ski hat ski hat, Yeah, like a giant ski hat. Like they like they didn't know all from New York, you know what I'm saying. I said, there and Kirk Cuddy see me on stage. It was like Laurie come up here. And it was crazy because I didn't realize Alchemists had already told told him, he's bringing me there, but had my records and when I performed for these kids, and I was just like I had didn't know that my records resonated with them because and it was like, you haven't got a TikTok song now, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's pretty good still.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't the same time we did the merg Show, was it?
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Actually the mer Show. That's the reason why I came back to Alchemists, because Alchemists that's two weeks before. So it was like something like.
Speaker 2: That, Look, this shows you how dope Alchemist is, how humbly is He's such a legend, and he's he still loves you so much. He's gonna come spin for you just off just I did.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: What is that ship called confident? You know, like I said in Purgatory, Coming Time, where I don't give a how much music you may. I don't care how much platinum you went, how much the records.
Speaker 3: You went for made.
Speaker 1: They're just going to get tired of you. That's just that's just how this music business is. And then you have to find something to transition to something else. But in that in that moment, I just wasn't confident and and Alchemist was the one. And because the cut. I bring it up because sweet man, yes, it's god damn.
Speaker 4: To cutting.
Speaker 1: So what you like you.
Speaker 3: Forgetting your swagger back?
Speaker 1: What do you like more making the record or performing the record?
Speaker 4: I don't like either one least.
Speaker 1: Your career.
Speaker 3: Nah. I love creating it because it's so fun to just have this idea that doesn't exist and to make it real right. And I love performing it because you're doing the same thing. You're making people believe in some shit that you create that only youth, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And then it starts to like it starts to like develop into this like experiment where it's like I'm playing with people where it's like I'm in the studio, like I know they're going to go crazy for this, and then they actually do. I'm like, what the fuck? Like it works like you know what I mean, I just make this shit. It's like magic. You know, it's fun, as Helle, it's so fun. I get a kick out of that shit. And you know, I feel like the people they get a sense of that too. They're like, this dude is having a good time with us, Like you know what I mean. So I enjoy both. I enjoyed experience of both. I love performing brand new records. I love performing hits, songs that are out for freaking ten, twelve thirteen. I love doing all that shit.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm gonna take a shot. But then I got to ask you about that brand new record shop Yeah, hell yeah, get that. Brand new records are the toughest thing to perform. So where you saying you like to perform this sat in like intimate situations?
Speaker 2: Nah, if you're like the rest of a brand new record at a festival, nigga, get the fuck three verses.
Speaker 3: Let's go, y'all gonna listen to this whole song. That's what music is, man, It's making people believe.
Speaker 2: Are you looking for something specific when you do that new record to that audience?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: If I if I make this song in a room and it's just me, and if I can make it go crazy, I know a million people or however many people I'm imagining a million, it's probably fifty thousand and sixty or whatever.
Speaker 4: I know I can make y'all go crazy.
Speaker 3: If I could make a room full of nobody go crazy, Like you know what I'm saying. I can feel that.
Speaker 2: You say the udio that's your homies though then my homies ain't there.
Speaker 3: It's just me. Oh yeah, yeah, I'm not talking to no nigga, Like you know what I'm saying. I'm mapping this shit out in my head, like what feels good and what doesn't? What would embarrass me If I was in front of one hundred thousand people, that shit is still embarrassing. If I'm sitting there by myself. You did what I'm saying. I don't got to go out there gauge of it while I.
Speaker 4: Know I do.
Speaker 3: I got a great taste, I got great timing. I'm confident in all of that shit. Like I said, I'm just experimenting on people. But I know I'm coming up with the fucking game plan right then and there. So if I say it in a song, or if I map it out for the song to lead up into this, you're gonna do a certain thing when it comes on.
Speaker 4: I'm just walking you into it.
Speaker 3: So when I do it on stage, I'm just doing what I already knew was gonna happen. I'm just trying it out on y'all and it works, and it's like, okay, all right, cool, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah. But that's what music is. That's why I enjoy different genres of music. A lot of people get so caught up on like listening to their favorite rap song or their most nostalgic song. They don't put on shit that they never heard before, and they don't understand how to, you know, go through the music and learn the sequencing and why you actually like a song, or why you know the lyrics to a song. And that's why country music and pop music is so you know what I mean, easy to catch on to because they write the lyrics to where you can learn the hook and the pre hook as you're listening to it, so before the song is even over, you know the whole motherfucking song. You might want to hear that bitch again. Or by the time you hear it again, you know how to sing it, you know what I'm saying. And that's what a great performance is to me. If I could show up and I don't even know the band or know the lyrics to the song, and I end up liking it, end up singing it, that's a great song.
Speaker 4: You did what I'm saying, and that's what I bring with my music.
Speaker 3: That's what I bring with my performance, and that's why I'm so confident to perform a song that nobody ever heard for the first time front of fifty thousand goddamn make some noose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what country did you performed that? Were you most surprised at?
Speaker 1: At?
Speaker 3: China? China? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What part of China?
Speaker 3: Nigga China China? That part They ain't speaking no English over there, and they're singing that ship dog.
Speaker 1: That must have been a piece I can't sing in Chinese.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm like, damn, like, maybe I should learn one of you all songs the way y'all singing my ship.
Speaker 2: Which would be the ill thing for a lot of artists to do. Yeah, because it made me think, we don't ever do.
Speaker 3: That for them. Bro, we're so American the country English. Yeah, but we don't speak none of the language. You know, we don't even try, don't. We're mad?
Speaker 1: Like we don't listen? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hell no, no sleep?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Did you get no sleep? Making that record?
Speaker 4: That was a crazy time too.
Speaker 3: Pretty much the whole time I did Rolling Papers, I was just partying my ass off, and yeah, so I got in the studio with Bennie Blanco.
Speaker 4: He's cool as hell.
Speaker 3: Uh at the time, he wasn't. I don't even think he was wearing shoes. I wanted to say not not sneakers, but like, I don't think he was wearing shoes at all, socks either.
Speaker 4: Just toes out, I fucked with it heavy.
Speaker 1: It was cool he taught you.
Speaker 3: No, I would have learned from him. I had moisturized before I put him out. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, no, he was.
Speaker 3: He's super cool. We vibed like as soon as we soon as we met each other. And that was another song that was more crossover because the beat kind of sounded like alternative, like rock and roll to me.
Speaker 4: But I like that type of ship.
Speaker 3: That's what I came up on, Like, so I wanted to write like a you know, my own kind of college red cup anthem, and uh that's yeah, yeah, that's what No Sleep was And it did really well. The video did well. The song ended up going platinum. It was another song off of Rolling Papers that you know, if I perform it now, people just it's like helling nostalgic for them like they remember the moment that ship dropped, which is really cool to have them type of records.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh yeah, you have a fuck with the beach Boys.
Speaker 4: That was funny when you said that. To get it, I got a.
Speaker 1: Beach boy sampled something and involved them and I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about said, but I would put them in the studio, just straight up work with them, niggas, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like something completely big. Are they all alive.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm fucking I assume that live.
Speaker 4: They they seem pretty hell.
Speaker 3: One of the dudes passed away.
Speaker 4: They seem pretty healthy.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: You ever saw that movie, the movie about the one dude from the Beach Boys that no, it's just wild, It's just I'm not talking about it.
Speaker 3: I don't up.
Speaker 1: Was that the one like his dad was like, it's all fucked up?
Speaker 3: Is that the same funked up I'm.
Speaker 1: A beach boy guy. You don't know the Beach Boys? Sorry, I just know this music.
Speaker 2: The dude the main like the dude who like music, he was what I can't I I don't remember, So I don't funk it up.
Speaker 3: I think we're fucking thinking about the same fucked up.
Speaker 1: Ass ship up it's not crazy. It's up a beach boys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, I get some dark ship. Yeah, it's ship when I go. They had to make that happy ass music.
Speaker 2: Bro, you.
Speaker 3: Have never seen the movie this all You got to see that movie. Oh my God knows what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah that not long God, not Love and Mercy.
Speaker 2: That movie crazy. You gotta watch that ship. It's called love and it's dark. It's about the beach boy about Yeah, he's one of the main dudes that wrote a lot of the music.
Speaker 4: So I'm actually not a beach.
Speaker 3: Boy with the inspiration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you lived somewhere else, like internationally, like your parents, the military parents.
Speaker 4: Definitely in the middle.
Speaker 3: I was born in North Dakota.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I lived in Japan.
Speaker 1: Really exists north of South Dakota.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, this nigga said exists.
Speaker 1: They just made that up.
Speaker 3: I've been in North Dakota.
Speaker 4: Like, I'm just with, Yes, it exists, sir.
Speaker 1: You don't remember that.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't have to. They should just make it one Dakota. They got Mexico and New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's country and and yeah, no, that's a country south and that's that's a state.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Born in North Dakota.
Speaker 3: I lived in Japan, I lived in Oklahoma, I lived in Germany.
Speaker 4: I think I lived in fucking South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Like years you remember, like memorable years, and you remember these places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would live like maybe a year or two at a time.
Speaker 2: But what branch of military was your that were in the air force? Oh so you're definitely moving around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that was all the way up too. I was like thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you got something from all these places. Do you think that informs your music today at all?
Speaker 3: Not really the music, No, I wouldn't even say that. My dad really like influenced my music just by listening to a bunch of records in the house when I was young. I have like a really good musical palette. Like he was listening to disco, he was listening to Bob Marley. He would listen to hip hop. He would listen to Patty LaBelle, he listened to Shot you know what I'm saying. He listened to Trup, he would listen to fucking and my mom. My dad listened to everything, and my mom she listened to more like hardcore rap shit. So that's why I started listening to like Doggy style hardcore rapp. Yeah. Yeah, she was more like DJ Quick Doggie style.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She listened to outcasts real heavy too. To Mama West, my mom's the one who smoked weed, so she was like air Kabai du and like all of that ship. So like, yeah, that's where I got my musical background from. I think moving around just helped me deal with people, you know what I'm saying. Like I was always the new kid at school, so I always had to kind of like assert myself or just be myself, you know what I mean. And it just helped me, like deal with different crowds of people. I could.
Speaker 4: I could get down with anybody.
Speaker 3: It don't matter what race, what your background is, what your age is. Like, yeah, I funck with everybody. I've been around everybody. I know everybody's family, so it's like I'm cool with everybody.
Speaker 1: That's some global ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, literally real ship. Your father didn't smoke just moms.
Speaker 4: Nah, my dad don't smoke weed.
Speaker 3: He'll hit a little bit of weed here and there, but coming up for sure, my mom is the weed head listening to the Yeah shove.
Speaker 1: Im to take another shot. I want to take another shot, man. Whereas like I said, man, I show what's about giving people their flowers? You definitely deserve your flowers. You're a legend.
Speaker 3: Thanks dude, you're.
Speaker 1: Out here doing this ship. Continue to be an inspiration to me, Like I love watching you. I love continue to see you have success and continue to be happy. That's a that's an actual, uh something we should all salute now for really, because this game is a roller coaster. Like you know, being a rapper, we can't have a bad day. If you want to have a bad day and you come outside, it's always somebody that want to take a picture. So it's somebody that want to you know, have a hug or whatever. So you know, I know how hard it is to be famous and to maintain this and to maintain you know, being level headed. So I just want to commend you, salute you, thank you, and tell you we love you and respect you over here. So I love curious. I'm drinking all this goddamn Japanese whiskey. Japanese excuse me, I was drinking the Japanese de Leon. But de leone. You know, you know black people own sequila, yeah, and you own goddamnin.
Speaker 3: So why you ain't drinking your own ship?
Speaker 1: You gotta ask.
Speaker 4: I don't drink alcohol.
Speaker 1: He being this part out this part. We want you to sell your ship.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Yeah, I don't have to drinking.
Speaker 1: There's a gin drinker out there waiting to drink. Yeah, you ain't gonna take a sip right now. He was like, come on, man, come on, we can't have people on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're mixing the funk out of your Drinksfuse what is not infused?
Speaker 1: There's no ship right here? Okay, there we got.
Speaker 2: We can't act for all kinds of ship right now. You aren't shaking me.
Speaker 1: You are shaking some mixing his ship. Where's once you taking his ship?
Speaker 3: The palatee. My hands a cold, so they're not working right now. My head is like kill deal right now. Yeah, let you know what's don't drop it like boards.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my hand just don't work.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Then I'm gonna make a drink and I'm gonna keep drinking. I feel like boris. You have a have a shot to.
Speaker 2: You have to because of dropping the joint.
Speaker 3: When I hit, that's gonna tell I was at the party right back. Three use the bad influence.
Speaker 1: That's what.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so and relaxed Snoop called me peer pressure.
Speaker 4: That's your nickname.
Speaker 3: That's perfect, that's perfect.
Speaker 4: So that's a great way.
Speaker 1: Looking poor poor brother looking at here. That's big.
Speaker 3: Cheers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that shot is crazy.
Speaker 3: This show is crazy too. Killed me Like, I like what you just did, Like, let's get it.
Speaker 2: Let's get an honest, good critique.
Speaker 3: Thank you, because I'm waiting for the face and the face never didn't even make a face. He didn't make a face. I used to drink bombab every day.
Speaker 1: I like Wednesday you were like this, but were toasting.
Speaker 2: That's a new ship. If you don't want to drink, you like this with your blunt and national. I don't drink, but I smoked.
Speaker 3: So sundy.
Speaker 2: You didn't finish, so so give us the Chris feeling.
Speaker 3: What's the flavor flavor palette? Yes, yeh, bomb bomb The drink champs have spoken, but is this is this happy end drink? Thank you?
Speaker 1: You deterred you declined to go on a tour with Drake.
Speaker 4: That was a long time ago too.
Speaker 1: Do you regret it was that?
Speaker 4: No, I don't regret it.
Speaker 3: My thing, I'm such like a I don't know. I think the word that people use is stubborn. But when I have a vision and I see things going a certain way, I see it all the way through. And at that point in my career, I was right there.
Speaker 4: And then all of.
Speaker 3: These certain things just started coming out of the woodwork that could have deterred me from what I was naturally and evenly doing, and I just had to respectfully decline.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing that a lot of people don't see.
Speaker 3: Happen, is somebody stand up for themselves and respectfully decline.
Speaker 4: I respectfully said no to that.
Speaker 3: I respectfully said no when Rick Ross tried to sign me to Mayback Music as well. There were a lot of other situations where I was like, I'm doing my thing.
Speaker 4: I'm Taylor Gang, I'm Whiskalifa.
Speaker 3: I don't want to fucking step on your toes because you're going to be pissed at me when you see how hard I'm going about myself. So I might as well just stick it out and give you this real ass answer.
Speaker 1: That's all I did, and realize it.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, we'll be cool afterwards, you know what I'm saying hopefully, Like yeah, for sure, But like I'm gonna be one hundred though, and that's all that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you don't see your vision through and you you give up your abandon your yeah, you're you're never gonna forgive yourself.
Speaker 3: You're never going to forgive yourself. You gotta like you gotta stand on it. Like you know what I'm saying. It's a hard decision to make because you get all.
Speaker 4: Of these things that are there.
Speaker 3: They're so shiny and they look so cool, but you gotta like stay stay focused. Yeah, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: September eighth, Yeah, September eight, Mber sixth, Oh yeah, so we act the same.
Speaker 2: Come on, I don't know what I was getting myself into boxes.
Speaker 1: September six leave Beyonce four the fourth.
Speaker 4: Michael Jackson is in there.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson verb Yeah, yeah, he's like exactly, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: You know, there's nothing like him.
Speaker 3: Michael Kobe's there? Who else? Get it? Ho?
Speaker 4: Kobe?
Speaker 3: Kobe k Yeah.
Speaker 1: I should have knew Kobe was a virgo. I did a record with Kobe and I went to the studio and I wrote the rhyme for him, and he was like, you ain't writing around rhyme? Yeah, and I was like, Wow, he really went into the bus. Yeah, Burgo boys boys got damn it. I'm not asking that.
Speaker 3: Question, not answering or asking him about asking that question. I sent you that question.
Speaker 4: I want to know what it is.
Speaker 1: Hey, why don't you ask so yuh someone you know really good about I love this first break person and I.
Speaker 3: Just that's why.
Speaker 1: It's so ah my sister, I look at her.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad question.
Speaker 1: No, I've read it wrong. Okay did you read that?
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just didn't sound good when I read it. Always, Oh yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that, you know.
Speaker 1: I brag about y'all sometimes, Yeah, I brag about y'all sometimes, Like hell yeah, Like I brag about y'all. Sometimes when I when I see people like you know, going through certain things and I'm like, look look how they took the Amica route, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, and look how they both say so I brag about y'all.
Speaker 3: So sometimes yeah, we're like the ideal couple, even though we're not together.
Speaker 1: Yeh yeh know what you mean.
Speaker 3: It's like we we we share the most beautiful thing in life. We have a kid, we got great memories. Uh, we were married, so everything we did was out of life, pure love. You know what I'm saying. We land on being with each other forever, you know what I'm saying. But you know that shit gets difficult, and I think with marriage, like legal marriage, it kind of sucks because that has to be the end of something when that's over. But I think we're proven that it's not the end of everything, like even when that legal shit is over, you know what I mean. Like I got her back, she knows it, She got my back, I know it. And we do a great job, you know, being there for our kids. We do so many things for Sebastian and not even just for him, but we just were such a good unit for him that I didn't see growing up, you know what I'm saying, Like my parents, they weren't able to function as well as you know what I'm saying, her parents either, I think just that generation of dysfunction. Yeah, they didn't.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 3: There was no come together, There was no holidays, there was no birthdays together, There was no it was that bitch is by my son? Why that nigga over there? It was just real dysfunctional, you know what I'm saying, like that's what we grew up seeing.
Speaker 1: I love seeing bast birthday all y'all.
Speaker 3: We do things together. He gets to enjoy both of us together. He doesn't see us separately.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, hell yeah, that's really important. My parents were divorced since I was two, and I had both of them in my life, very important, both of them in my life.
Speaker 4: Love my mother, love my dad.
Speaker 3: But they are dysfunctional as fuck, can't be in the same room together, and that's not good for a kid, like you know what I mean. And it's not their fault because they probably didn't grow up seeing the best functioning anything. But we gotta break that and we gotta be better for our fucking kids. So there's a lot, you know what I mean, there's a lot that we do just to be, like not just to be. But it's it's natural where it's like, yo, this man needs to see, uh, you know, his father treat his mother good. He is to hear his mother say great thing about things about his father, Like that's important, you know, like for real.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful thing. Yeah, both, And that's a beautiful thing. What you think it's dope and like, like I said, like on the sideline, because you know, I know how I know you and I see how y'all get along. I always tell like my homies when I see somebody doing something like look in a public side, Yeah, how could you not get along? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I mean you, it takes a lot, though, Like you got to really not be a fucking asshole, you know what I'm saying. Like a lot of people are like putting up a front for cameras and they'll, you know, they'll be fucking Superman when the camera comes on and be a piece of shit.
Speaker 4: Behind closed doors, we ride for each other.
Speaker 3: Behind closed doors, there's nobody who can come in between us, not even our parents, nobody. We started our world together and that's what we live in, and that's how we rock and that's how we stay on this.
Speaker 1: You guys speak on that though. When breaking up.
Speaker 3: Now we got to that point, you know, the relationship. It put a strain on us, and I think it just brought out the best in us. It kind of forced us to look at ourselves and what we bring to the table and moving forward. I feel like we both really want love and companionships. So the people that we're gonna be with they have to deserve us. So we're making ourselves better for the people who are around us, and in turn, we're gonna treat each other the best ever because we're just doing all of this work and other people might not get us on the outside, but we've been through enough together. And that's the thing too. It's like time helps and heals everything. So you can go through a situation one year and then you know six or seven years later that shit don't even matter. But you have to be the bigger person and you have to grow and you have to you know, really communicate and want to be on the same page as somebody, and a lot of people they have, you know, certain shit that they need to go through. I'm lucky to have a person who's as thoughtful as she is. She's lucky to be with me as caring and as compassionate as I am, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So we're really fortunate to have each other.
Speaker 2: I'd imagine your son made you guys better people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one man, Hell yeah. I feel like she was already dope as fuck. Honestly, I had to grow up. She was, she was always coole at hell, I need I needed to grow my ass up.
Speaker 1: As honest man, not for real hell honesty man, whiz man. Like I said, I show it was about giving flowers. Man, I'm so proud to give you your flower. Oh yeah, thank you man, really thank you for You're really a full fleshed legend out here. Still the test of time, you out here being the happiest. I love that, man, I love I love watching you and just you know, probably for the last question, there's no beef with you. Gilli and Wallow. Y'all, y'all good, Okay.
Speaker 3: No, I wish nothing but the best from the for those dudes, For Gilly and Wallow. I'm not going to say those dudes because that it seems like you, he said, not Gilli and Wallow.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Even with that situation, I never really really spoke on it in detail because I wasn't at that space. But it just didn't go the way that I wanted it to go, even with it being a misunderstanding with the message, because with him making a joke, that wasn't the thing that really caught me off guard. It was more about him using his platform to downplay me, and I didn't like that. If we're in a room together and you make a joke about my shorts, I'm fine with that because I can defend myself. But if you go on your platform and you say I'm unfollowing Whiz because of this reason, you're a low key telling your followers to do the same thing, and that's not what we're out here doing. Like, you know what I'm saying, go tell him to buy my shit or say something dope that I'm doing. You know what I'm saying, Promote me or help me out, because that's what I'm gonna do for you. I understand it because we all from the hood and that's what niggas do and blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: But you're supposed to be better than that.
Speaker 3: So I responded in my own way of you know, defending myself, and it went to a certain extent where I'm pretty sure a lot of my fans like reported him and got his shit taken down. I didn't do it personally. I would never do that to anybody because that's not my style. It's easy to go on the internet and paint that picture and that's more or less what he did, and that's what I didn't appreciate as well, and I tried to call him, and I reached out to him personally, and the conversation didn't go how I wanted it to go. He called me all types of names, like out of my name, which I didn't expect. He said a bunch of stuff like real fighting words, which I didn't expect because that's not how he acts when he's on the internet. So when I'm trying to have a man and man conversation with you, why are you acting like this with me?
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm not coming at you trying to be tough. I'm trying to let you know that I did it get your page deactivated, and that we need to settle this in a better way than you doing it the way that you're doing.
Speaker 4: I got on the phone with Wallow.
Speaker 3: I was able to talk to him in a sensible manner, because that's the only way that I want to have a conversation.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have a conversation.
Speaker 3: With the names that was going around like what was being said.
Speaker 4: Me and Wallow's conversation was cool.
Speaker 3: But then Gilly went on the internet and was saying stuff that was completely one eighty of what happened, and I don't respect that me and them never had got a chance to have a conversation after that. I'm willing to just squash it and let it go. But that's the real situation, that's what happened. It was a bunch of lies. It was a bunch of me trying to be cool getting called out of my name. And I'm still at the position where it's like, all right, I could just let it go or you know what I mean, because I don't want to, you know what I mean, shit on nobody's platform or nothing like that. They're doing their thing. I don't have any hard feelings towards them. I don't have any hard feelings towards anybody who I love and comes in contacts with them. It's cool. You don't got to pick sizes with me, like I want everybody to get along. I just want the same respect. And I really wasn't dealt that hand. But it's cool. I'm wanting to let it go, like I ain't tripping off that ship.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's warranted. Yeah, I think, yeah, yeah, I think that's and I think they'll see this and reach out.
Speaker 2: They're good dude, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm always down to just shake hands.
Speaker 3: Let it go, beautiful thing, we got way more important stuff to be worried about, you know what, hostfully like just moving forward, like you'll be able to deal with situations better than that, Like because I'm a cool dude. Like you don't got to get like that or the same image that you portray really be about that in real life, you know what I'm saying, Like you're trying to influence people to take a better route, but you're not necessarily taking that route, and you know it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we could.
Speaker 3: All be better.
Speaker 1: And we're going all right, right should inspire everybody? Is the funk out right now?
Speaker 3: There it out.
Speaker 1: I'm uger, do out my hands and my toes right now. Ungle umbopa, I'm doing it. You take the bath from breaking.
Speaker 2: We got like five mon I'm a bathroom breaker, mouer and like that, gun up.
Speaker 3: What happened is done?
Speaker 4: What cereal milk is good weed?
Speaker 3: What you're not gonna lee it with? I'm gonna when I smoke this haze, I'm smoking on I g I might smoke the whole thing. Just put it on my story. So the White Live on Instagram and I'm gonna listen to Purple Haze. I'm gonna put Cameron's album at I'm gonna put Purple Haze on. I'm gonna roll up a fat ass join us and haze. I'm been like with the good When was our spa staying tune with ma? She's like, damn this a really since come by y'all. M h.
Speaker 10: M hm, m h m hm m h.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is this your first time spoking to Ukah?
Speaker 3: Yes? Like I said, I'm used to the volcano, like where you gotta fucking heat it up with the bag. Yeah, it's the same vibe, but it's like the hookah version and it's got clean.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see this a whole whole different technology right here, Like.
Speaker 3: It looks like a like an air freshener, like like it's or fire like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I had the volcano too, Yeah I had the original woman.
Speaker 3: The bag just blow up like that. That's all like the gpin and ship like that. That's where the vapes come from. But those aren't like real vapes because they use coils and ship and be like heating it up.
Speaker 4: Hella, like this is way better.
Speaker 1: For you, Like you know what I mean, how you killed that you broke that day love, How you break it down like a science.
Speaker 3: It's true, it's a science because you're putting smoke in your body. So you gotta be careful like how you do it. Like niggas be taking dabs and they be heating them ships up too much. Like you know what I'm saying. You gotta do low temp. You know what I'm saying. Let it bubb get the high taste. You know what I'm saying. So you ain't fucking yourself up.
Speaker 1: You don't remember what when Dad first came out, they had the blow torch. Torch you still use That's not right. You still using to still control the time?
Speaker 3: Why well, I mean that's the only way that pause get it out enough. I mean, I'm in from a different generation. You play pause a little bit different than.
Speaker 4: It's fun though.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: One of.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I go through your discography and I go through, well give it from him. Look, he is the one dude that shouldn't have the joint. Let him smoke.
Speaker 3: He gotta you gotta pull.
Speaker 1: You're gonna wake up differ and he's gonna blame, gonna be like.
Speaker 3: No, they don't piss us for we no more k k k okay, get there, what's up.
Speaker 1: Thinking?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah that one of the one of the things that comes up about you is your love for Max b Yeah, bigger L, bigger L.
Speaker 4: Shout out the bigger L.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: This is oh ship that is smoky.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, baby, God damn.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm inside.
Speaker 4: A joint right now.
Speaker 3: I can't even see you, bro. I am a joy. It's like Batman just came. That's got to be like history right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hard.
Speaker 3: I didn't even do this to Snoop because Snoop don't play that show.
Speaker 4: No Snoop don't play.
Speaker 1: But we did it to college he ran Snoop did not he will will be down here, I think we do have it would be okay, be real, be down He's with all the smoking and.
Speaker 4: Smoking this new.
Speaker 1: Generation, not Snoop, not not anybody. Is there any young dude?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, keep questions, go ahead, go ahead, ask the question of governor, ask the question any young dude out here coming up that that can that can smoke with you? They can do, okay, absolutely not only the only person the only person I think I can hang with me and I probably haven't even smoked with this fool yet, but I already smoked. Hello, dope, it's chief keef. Yeah, I put so. I put Sosa up there because I heard it. And when you in these streets, you hear some shit everybody else. No, don't even let them. Don't let them try to fool you. And they know they wouldn't even try. They wouldn't even I don't even think they would say anything like oh yeah I can hang with no hell no, absolutely not. I don't even think they're trying to, like honestly, like they're doing other drugs, they're not trying to, like smoke weed. We need more people to like smoke a ton of pot and just buy ounces of weed and just listen to music and be cool right around with their friends and get girls. I like little Tyler. Yeah, yeah, yeah, if y'all heard a little Tyler, like a little Tyler. Tyler created hard though, Yeah, a little Tyler hard though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They said you spend over thirty thousand on weed a month.
Speaker 3: No that was one particular year, okay, yeah yeah yeah, down went back up. No, it's probably more, but I grow it, Yeah, I grow it. So it's like you know what I'm saying. Like it evens out Humble County. There's just multiple places. Now, It's all over the place, bro, It's like wherever I like laying, Bro, It's all over the fucking place, exactly, it is.
Speaker 4: It's right outside. It's just growing.
Speaker 1: Goddamn.
Speaker 3: Do you like this is?
Speaker 1: Back back then people just coming to Florida and complain about Florida.
Speaker 3: We Hey, relaxed, Buddy, I said, Florida. I ain't say Miami. I ain't say Miami. It is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we established that earlier while he was at weeding.
Speaker 4: Weeding Florida everywhere has decent weed. It just depends on who you know.
Speaker 2: You're looking.
Speaker 1: You knew me at the time. Cali is the.
Speaker 4: Best weed in the world, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sir, Northern caliy exactly in the Bay Area, Yeah, the Bay Area.
Speaker 4: That's the green door.
Speaker 1: Have you been in the green door?
Speaker 4: The green door in incident?
Speaker 1: No, And I thought they were bab green doors in Amsterdam.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christmas, brother, I'm talking about the other green to tell you.
Speaker 1: The man in San Diego, No, San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Let it go.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna let it.
Speaker 3: The day's got the best weed the Bay's got like the purest, stickiest, most.
Speaker 2: Paid attention because it's clos the source.
Speaker 3: I mean the people who grow it, the hippies out there are just fucking they're just traditional, just weed.
Speaker 4: They don't even care about the money, bro, They just care.
Speaker 3: About the super They're like down to the soil, like every little micro fiber, like they play music for the plants, music there and there. Yeah, Colorado weed is cool. It's kind of dry. It's a little dusty, you know, it's not as it's not as sticky as West Coast weed.
Speaker 4: West Coast weed is. That's sticky ichy.
Speaker 1: Bro. Isn't Colorado considered the rest coast?
Speaker 4: No, it's not. I mean you could consider it that if you want.
Speaker 2: To look at the words you're using west hot football.
Speaker 3: There's no coast on Colorado. I think maybe like with like radio, it's like considered west.
Speaker 2: That's the Midwest, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's west, it's not west past Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're on Pacific time over there.
Speaker 3: I think they're Yeah, there're time Mon time, then they would not be VALENTI yeah, the Mountain time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one essentral, Yeah, that's central, yeah.
Speaker 1: Which they got yet smoke, but you smoked and drink what you drag and then come with all.
Speaker 3: His knowledge right now. It makes you smarter man, kk and McQueen makes you fucking smarter. Smarter he said, some geography facts over there.
Speaker 1: He got some he said, geography say fact, he said, KKK.
Speaker 2: That's some good. That's history. Now the picture of your ship? Who painted that on your shirt? Whose artist? Who's the artist?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me say something.
Speaker 1: Let me say something that you said, t I, hold on, hold on, hold on, Sonny, hold on, let me say something. Let me say something, Ti I Ti I and little Boosie. I know that y'all. You know, y'all could have went to war. You could have did a whole bunch of tremendous crazy ship. But the fact that y'all showed that two black men could get together and could talk it out. I really commend that. I really respect that. I really salute that, because we need to keep pushing that that it's not always drama everything. A disagreement doesn't lead to y'all fighting and shooting. I love the fact that y'all got together. So T I and boos wherever y'all at you know what I mean, I want a salute and say I won't. Yeah, I'm so tired of violence.
Speaker 4: I don't like gun violence.
Speaker 3: I don't mind fighting, though, yeah, but like it's healthy to like if you fight, like in a controlled environment, because niggas gonna get into it, you're gonna have a disagreement. But if you're gonna shoot somebody over it, that's kind of whack. But if we can throw the hands evenly, you'll really see if somebody really got a problem or not. And that would solve a lot. You know, if niggas is just square up, that would solve a lot. But a lot of niggas are scared. I used to a lot of niggas don't want to fight. Or if you could train to fight then do it would give you more confidence to if somebody be like, yo, let's get it, they'd be like, all right, cool, I don't have to have a gun to, you know what I mean, handle this. But there's a lot of programming that goes with that too. But I don't mind fighting, you know what I'm saying. I think it's healthy. I think you should learn how to control violence. Do it in a do it in the control environment and get it out the way and continue on with your life. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing about trained fighting, it also teaches you how to lose with grace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, because somebody's gonna win and somebody's gonna lose, you know what I mean. But like the majority of times when we spar it's not like I hate this dude, I'm trying to take his head off. Somebody gets a good shot in you're like, good shot. And if you go to war with somebody and if it gets nasty, but at the end of it, you both come out you're both like, yeah, that was a good when you respect them a little bit more than anything. And I think people can learn from that because it's discipline. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it's good for you. It's definitely good. Oh yeah, But.
Speaker 1: You're not trying to spar on a rap or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it came down to it, I mean, it's it's for sport. It's not like a competition. So it's like it's fun. It would be fun to see what somebody else knows, or to learn from them or to show them what I've learned throughout my time. So like, yeah, fun I got a couple of partners in the league. Man, the high Rollers. That's the that's the Brazilian jiu jitsu where you can smoke weed and roll at the same time and you compete for a pound of weed or multiple pounds a week. League. Did we just jump league?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, from smoking yeah, saying it's the same thing. Yeah, you fight and smoke at the same time. There's a whole it's a whole league. It's called league. You smoke and you fight. Yeah, it's called high Rolls. Well, they do fights everywhere. My partners have teams. There's a Khalifa Cush team. There's a headquarters in Vegas. They get it on there and the fights are regular and it's and it's on regular TV.
Speaker 4: So it's films. It's growing, like you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, literally, it's growing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You smoke weed and you and you and you fight. Yo, son, you joined that league? Yeah yeah, And then I'm I'm one of the creative directors and the co owners of the p f L. It's like in direct competition with Bellatur and UFC. We're on ESPN, esp Into and this Fighting League. It's a point point based system where the fighters at the end of the season, they have opportunity to fight for a million dollars, which not a lot of fighters get.
Speaker 4: To to do with their whole career exactly.
Speaker 3: So this takes like, you know, the top fighters, and they're able to earn points throughout the season depending on who they win against and how they win, and that's how.
Speaker 4: The championships are determined.
Speaker 3: So it's really based on the fights, and it gives them opportunity to own ship. They own their their own licensing and all of that stuff. So they get they get hell of money just off of who they are and fighters who their contracts end at other companies.
Speaker 4: They come right over to the PFL and just make hell of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah yep.
Speaker 4: Jake Paul just signed on with us. He's going to do a fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah yep.
Speaker 1: He's going to do martial arts.
Speaker 3: He's gonna do his first m m A fight with the f Yeah yep. He's going to do his first m m A fight with PFL.
Speaker 1: Kicking and all that kicking, came up and smoking elbow.
Speaker 2: They gotta take him to the ground. He got I'm sure you don't.
Speaker 3: Know that everything, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You go to the corner and you can take a bong ring. This is crazy.
Speaker 2: You should just have both of there with a gun and everybody the machine.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean, that's how we win to fight. That you smoke the whole ring out and I come in there. You appear exactly.
Speaker 1: So one thing, one thing you said is when I when I Actually you came early. But she's like you said, I'm a businessman, and I love that obviously. But let's talk about these businesses that you have, not just the liquor, but the fighting ship is dope fighting.
Speaker 3: Ship, there's E f L. There's Liquid Death, this is a this is you're part of liquid and part of Liquid Death water.
Speaker 4: You know, we've been growing this brand.
Speaker 2: That was genius. Yeah yeah, genius. How far along were they before you got involved?
Speaker 3: They were brand new Yeah yeah, yep. They were just looking for people to get down and they were really generous. It's like, yo, I'm not gonna talk about the details of the deal, but it was really really nice.
Speaker 2: That was genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hell yeah. There's Liquid Death, there's McQueen. But I have the whole company is uh you know, it's all under everything. So bel Air do say uh bomboo but do you get yes, Yeah, yeah, yeah, hell yeah. I gave up a little bit, you know, because this was mine, Like Brett went fully in with me on McQueen, so this was just me. So I gave a piece of this up for a piece of the rest of the company as well.
Speaker 4: So it only makes sense, you know what I mean, because we're all family anyway.
Speaker 3: And when one does one does well, every every one of them does well. I don't know if you've ever seen the company shop GLD, the jewelry company. I'm on a piece of that because the creators of that came out of my camp. So when they first started the business, they gave me a little piece of that. I have Hot Box by Wiz. Uh well no, it's Packed Bowls by Wiz. Now actually they changed it. It's a during the pandemic, when all the restaurants closed closed down, I opened up a delivery only restaurant. And we're in like hell of cities all over the place. So it's basically like a delivery only menu that you can get. It's not like a full restaurant, but it's it serves food. It's Packed bowls by Wiz. Fuck what else do we got? What else do we got will Yeah, the g l D ship, we got tons of merged What else do we got other businesses?
Speaker 4: H yeah, we got the mushroom company, mister caps.
Speaker 1: I thought Sonny was telling you what business you have?
Speaker 2: Much Sonny, You're too high right now, bro telling him what businesses he got?
Speaker 1: Yeah, g l D.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll get you right yo. Take ahead of that Oka man.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the Wei Farms.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: We got a gaming team to the Pittsburgh the Pittsburgh Knights. Yeah, we got a gaming team as well.
Speaker 1: Like like video game that sh makes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't sleep on that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Pittsburgh Knights.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, those are like the ones that are like right in front of us. It's a lot of ship's a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I'm gonna take one more shot.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take two more shots. This Taylor game. We keep it Taylor game. We keep it Taylor shot.
Speaker 1: Where we want to give your flowers to really deserve them. Like I said, you're really a legend out here. You really stood the test of time. And I love listening to your music because I can understand.
Speaker 3: The person.
Speaker 1: Not only the person, but I can understand that youth standing in the test of time, meaning this was the music for here. I can make music that sound like that, but it's my lane, and you continue to do that and should be noticed. I appreciate it should be Come on, all right, now, take all the shots I took.
Speaker 3: I mean I took. I took it in one glass so hammered, I'll be calling up all but it used to be drinking heavy.
Speaker 1: Yes, So what happened with.
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Goodbye?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Totally totally, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: What made you stop? Your kicks wasn't coming out good?
Speaker 3: No, the kicks weren't. The kicks were perfectly fine, makes you I mean, yeah, that's part of it. It wasn't really too bad mistakes, I think. I just I don't feel like I can afford too many more drunk nights.
Speaker 1: I respect that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just it just it just it just ran its course like it hit it hit a wall. Like I feel like everything else in my life that I'm doing is like lifelong.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, what's the training that you do?
Speaker 1: I'm sure that that's.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be doing that for the rest of my life. I'm gonna be making music for the rest of my life, like.
Speaker 3: Brands for the rest of I'm telling you, like drinking like it was just it hit a ceiling, like it just it wasn't getting any better, like it was just like.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy. It gets better for us and it's terrible. Have fun, bro, That's that's why. That's why I love.
Speaker 3: I love people to just get fucked up, like because I understand.
Speaker 4: It's fun as hell, bro, Like that's all it is.
Speaker 3: It is fun. Like, it's hell of fun until it's not, you know, skirt, but it's cool. I like, I love people to enjoy some drinks. I love people to fucking rage and party. I'm not one of those people who you can't get drunk around me. I just ain't feeling like in those I love smoking weed. I love mushrooms.
Speaker 2: You don't want one of the chocolates from a homie.
Speaker 3: I do the mushroom pills, bro, I do capsules. I gotta do something right now, give me those capsules.
Speaker 1: Now, I got capsules.
Speaker 3: Drugs on your fucking shove, But I still give you from my homies. Here.
Speaker 1: Look I do.
Speaker 3: I do shrooms, and Tripp from the chocolates he took Mike Rode doubts those are micro dosing though. Yeah, you're not gonna.
Speaker 4: Super four hundred milligrams. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's why I stopped taking us.
Speaker 4: Oh but the Lions, man, is that is this? That's the one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, no, these are strong, bro.
Speaker 3: Those.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's about to happen right now.
Speaker 4: I'm about to do some mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this one.
Speaker 1: Take a mushroom, buddy, Look at Suddy.
Speaker 3: Yes, you already took one. Take one, Sunny, let's go.
Speaker 1: You don't need another one.
Speaker 2: Oh, because Jamie wants one.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Jamie. He's chilling.
Speaker 1: Are you taking two?
Speaker 3: Yes? It doesn't have that much.
Speaker 1: You see him take two. I've never seen a nigga take too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're fine, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You'll be playing record again.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, I gotta go piss one more.
Speaker 1: Time, yea piss three more times. I'm gonna pis too good about the raps? Right two minutes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good looking and follow Sonny Bronny's with the.
Speaker 4: Sunnies with the vibes.
Speaker 3: Is a good character, A great guy, man, I said, A good dude, man, I love that.
Speaker 4: Gotta be down.
Speaker 1: This it is my ship work. One does my ship flying the new ok.
Speaker 3: I like this. Remember you're taking that one home? Okay, this is mine. I like this one.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 3: We want to give him a brand new one. We have them in the box. Yeah, okay, okay, that's good.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I got haze, I got uka, I got oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be so high.
Speaker 1: You want to ask a question. Wise, like back in the days when you create or artists would like chase if you have an album you created and.
Speaker 3: Saying chasing mm hmmm.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 4: I never felt like that. I felt like what I'm.
Speaker 3: More, I have like more of an issue of as soon as people start liking some ship, I go on to the next thing and that might be like a gift in the curse. Like I've heard people yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard people tell me like, bro, like you got to stop doing that. But I just I don't like when people like ship too much, you know what I mean. It's like, oh, y'all like that, let me do something different. I mean yeah, so I never get stuck in my ways and I always do ship that's totally different. And like so from Cushion Orange Juice, I did cabin Fever because I wanted to do something totally different that didn't sound you know, so laid back and chill, and people gravitated towards that they loved it. And then I did Rolling Papers, which was like more mainstream, and you know, I got shit talked on that, but the fucking records went platinum. And then I did On and IFC with the fucking I forget what color the pants were. I think they were like cheat Oh it was the cheatah jacket with the American flag pants. Yeah, And people was like that's not hip hop, like you know what I mean, blah blah blah like, but for me, I was like really al Green and you know, Marvin Gaspin, I wanted to make something that just looked like an old school album cover. So it doesn't always align with what people think. It's me or like on brand for yeah, like with their taste for whiskyly for is. But it's always me just like narrating my own story kind of you know what I'm saying, Hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: Your evolution, you're involving on your own.
Speaker 3: I can't help it, you know, I don't get comfortable like just sitting in one place, like you know what I'm saying, like I'm always changing or always coming up with new ideas or just different ways to do things or inspiration or you know what I mean, just ways to reincorporate things and just tell a story without even like saying shit, and.
Speaker 4: If you get it, you get it.
Speaker 3: Because a lot of my fans and a lot of people that like fuck with my music or fuck with me, they gravitate towards the same things, so they'd be like, oh, this is that or that's why he did it, But just on a larger scale, a lot of people don't get that shit, so it just comes off as fucking weird sometimes. So like I just move forward and just hope that you know, one day people will understand it or grasp it. But it never holds me back or gets me stuck to where I want to redo something that I that I've done before. Like nah, never that you.
Speaker 1: Ever did something that was against the norm that you regret.
Speaker 3: It or an experiment that went wrong. No, I never had any experiens go wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: I try to calculate everything to where I'm pretty much gonna.
Speaker 3: Win, and a win for me, like it might not be a win for everybody else, but I feel like.
Speaker 2: You already had calculated what would be a.
Speaker 3: Win exactly, and I'm satisfied with it and it's a success based off of just getting to release it or you know, I might not have got everything that I wanted to get done, but I'm happy with what I got done, you know what I mean. Like I definitely just chalk it up and keep it moving, like I'm always moving forward. And I think that's just a blessing that I have as a creative to not really be focused on like money or popularity or any of that. It's just I just love to create and I love to be a part of the conversation, like you know, just add me in there.
Speaker 2: So it's like you always looking at the glass half full, Yeah, half empty.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like what could I do even if some shit don't necessarily work or doesn't do it exactly what I wanted to do, It's like, all right, that's a lesson. It's not a failure. It's like what can I do to do better? You know what I mean. I'm not looking at eighty people around me like you should have done this, and you should. It's like, well, what could I have done to make that ship a guarantee you know what I'm saying, and then just move it from there.
Speaker 2: You smoke a blunt, I don't think it's been a long time.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not back home. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: That's gross.
Speaker 3: That's not home.
Speaker 1: Who ain't taking him there?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 1: Come back home from well we all started with blunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was we wanted to get getting tricks all that. That's terrible.
Speaker 4: I like weed.
Speaker 3: I enjoy weed. There's weed in its just wrapped in there somewhere. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's a high grade cigarette.
Speaker 3: That's the thing about growing up in the hood, Like they try to like make it seem weird to like hit bongs or joints and things like that. If you don't, oh man, you we do. It's like, dog, I actually like care about weed, Like you know what I'm saying. Like, when you start to learn about weed, you don't want to smoke a blunt, bro, because that ship ruins the fucking actual pot.
Speaker 4: Bro to each his own, it ruins.
Speaker 3: It's you're not even fully in experiencing it.
Speaker 1: I don't smoke cigarettes no more so.
Speaker 3: This is that's a cigarette tobacco. See, I'm a downer, Like you know what I'm saying, like, with the hell facts and all that, I'm through with them. And it was going to be mad.
Speaker 1: When I saw that footage online, I said, is.
Speaker 3: He's a tobacco He's a purist when it comes to it's just not good for you, man, it ruins the weed. I'm not even saying anything that's not right. I'm just saying it.
Speaker 1: I actually agree with you. Yeah, it's all, but it tastes good as a motherfucker right now. You're addicted to it exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're hooked.
Speaker 1: He definitely won't want to smoke a trick.
Speaker 3: Then that's a.
Speaker 1: Totally different thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not smoking a blunt with Trick Daddy, but I chilled Trick Daddy all.
Speaker 2: Day smoking smoking Tricky is the best I ain't smoking with making a special blunt with.
Speaker 1: Don't smart about.
Speaker 4: That, blind, don't smoke.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that he's doing that, but I heard I know the Miami, but this is a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you call it the Miami blunt, but you could definitely call it the trick and dir no in Miami that that was the thing, that was a thing, was the thing.
Speaker 2: I like Miami ill grew that. I don't know, man, I know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'll be outside. I'm sorry, I don't be outside. So let me ask you. Jim Jones, a close, close friend of mine, said recently that rappers being a rapper is a dangerous job, and I agree with him in his totality. But there different versions of rappers, right, Yeah, I imagine J Cole could walk anywhere.
Speaker 4: Why you say that, like Coleon with.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying like col I can imagine.
Speaker 3: I'm just joking.
Speaker 1: I'm just I canna imagine J Cole could go do his laundry, laundry and like nobody might not try to get J Cole.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, actually that probably wouldn't be true.
Speaker 2: It probably be that's true.
Speaker 1: Listen, they probably won't even think it's Jay Cole.
Speaker 2: Well that part, Yeah, I see him child in the New City getting a frank.
Speaker 1: No one bothered him, right in that sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in fame, there's always dangers in all in any kind of fame.
Speaker 1: Preaching to the choiet, right, I agree with you. Do you think being a rapper is a dangerous job, especially living in LA Right? Because they saying that l a is one of the most dangerous places in the world for a rapper. So I guess that's a two part question.
Speaker 3: Well I got a third part to that, J Cole being able to go to the laundry maat is a fucking blessing. It ain't as it ain't as bad as you think. It's a blessing for him to be able to walk through the park and go enjoy getting a freaking glizzy and not get bothered. Shout out, Shout out to J Cole. More more rappers need to do that.
Speaker 1: He's got to be funny, I get you back.
Speaker 3: So, like my whole thing about rappers being dangerous, it is it is very dangerous. Your target, you know what I'm saying, Like you're you're a target for somebody to get a name. A lot of people look at our profession and they're like, this nigga got it made. So they're like, you know, if you come through with a card or like he paid one hundred thousand or one hundred and fifty for that car, you might not have paid one hundred and fifty for that car. That might have been you know what I mean, for really, you might have got a deal on that shit. You might be paying rent on that shit every month, you know what I mean, or whatever your chain is, Like, your chain might be big as hell, but people just don't know qualities, the diamonds. They just see that shit shine and they don't know how much it really costs. So you just become a target for things that you have on. Somebody could get a name off of what they do to you. So I rob this person, they get a name off of that. So that's that's automatic, like when you become a rapper, but or not a rapper, but just a personality, like just somebody who's out there. So you just have more of a responsibility to calculate your moves, calculate who you're around, calculates the situations that you put yourself in, and the more you can avoid, the better off you are.
Speaker 4: Shit happens, you know what I'm saying. So you have to be prepared and.
Speaker 3: You have to be ready, and you got to be in the mind state to you know, protect yourself and to protect your brand more than anything and not be like you know, uh, risking it too much. Yeah, But at the end of the day, like you know, shit happens sometimes, Like you can you can never really people are human. Yeah, you can't plan, you can't plan everything. And like you said, j Cole, he might not be a threatening artist, but he might have some crazy super fair you know what I'm saying. But Joe, you being a fan as a reason to get to you too, to be like, hey, what's up? I love your music and then flip it on some some crazy ship and then you're just being nice to you know what I mean, a regular dude.
Speaker 4: That's a regular transaction. So it's very scary, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then with stand with the song standing talking about that, like anybody could have a stand right.
Speaker 1: Like even even with you, like to be honest with you, Like I said, I follow you, so I see you in the gym every day and then I see you leave the gym in a coup. But then I realized, oh someone's filming him, so he's not alone.
Speaker 4: No, I'm by myself real Yeah for sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah you think do you think avoiding some of the shit is like not how and jewelry on and something like that, because.
Speaker 3: It's not having jury on, but it's who you know, honestly, like you environment, it's who you know, like you have to be tapped in with the right types of people out there, and you have to be there for certain reasons. And for me, like people know who I know and they know why I'm tapped in the way that I am. And yeah, I mean there's there's there's a lot of different ways to go about it. But just being in LA and not being from LA got of respect. You gotta respect it. But people, people know what's real and what's fake. So if you're just paying your way, like you know what I'm saying, as soon as that's up, your time is up. Like if you have real respect from real people for real reasons, you got to put in that work and do those things. And you know what I mean, Like that's where I stand and that's why I'm able to move the way that I move, and you got to take the time to do that. And a lot of people skip those steps, you know what I'm saying. They just look at the important parts or the people who are there for them when they need them, and they don't really return earn that or just be normal when it's time to be normal. So it gets really Hollywood because it is Hollywood, but it's like that everywhere.
Speaker 4: It's like that in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: It's like that out here out here, it's like that in New Orleans, like that in New York, it's like that in Chicago.
Speaker 4: You get pressed.
Speaker 3: Any and everywhere, everywhere, anywhere, man, exactly. So you just gotta you just gotta stay tapped in with real ones, and you got to put in that work, the real type of work with the real ones, and they you'll be good. Honestly.
Speaker 4: That's that's and really that's what I learned.
Speaker 2: Pay attention to your environment and respect the environment you're in. Oftentimes people come from out of town thinking because they from another place, they can come disrespecting another place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Just got to respect every there's a hood. Everywhere there's there's hood.
Speaker 3: I mean, even if you respect, super respectful and you're soft, like niggas is going to try to pressure you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, that's understanding your surroundings.
Speaker 1: At that point.
Speaker 2: If you're soft, you understand where you're going as a soft person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with being soft, right, You just got to be like yo, all right, well this nigga soft, play yourself exactly, Like, don't try to act hard because like just be sawt. You know what I'm saying, don't just be Yeah, no, you're going to get pressed, but like, don't try to be horrid.
Speaker 1: When don't put yourself in the situation exactly Like.
Speaker 3: Nah, I just do music, bro, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's all I do.
Speaker 3: That's all the funk I do. I do music, Bro. There's nothing wrong with that, None wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Nope. Man, it's been a pleasure, man, Thank you, it really has been, man, Because, like I said, I was happy to be a part of one of your first shows in New York. I didn't know that was your first show in New York. I thought it was one of them. But I was happy to be a part of that. I was happy to see your growth. It's certain people that I see that I'm just like, man, I'm just I'm just so happy man, Like you know what I mean, And that's real.
Speaker 3: Fit.
Speaker 1: It's like, it takes nothing away from me to be happy for you. Yep. It takes nothing away from me to give you your flowers. It takes nothing away from me to show you how great you are and how great you mean to this generation, our generation, generation.
Speaker 3: Students away from me.
Speaker 1: In fact, I think it makes me more of a man for sure, to sit there and tell you how great you are, because you are sincerely great.
Speaker 3: And we love people.
Speaker 1: Love you. But before we get up out of it, what's what's next? What's next? For words?
Speaker 4: Got an album coming out, Whistlemania.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be Will you be wrestling soon? No I'm not.
Speaker 4: I will if they.
Speaker 3: I'm athletic enough and I could do flips and ship like that too.
Speaker 1: I feel like you got the meanest kick in hip hop for real. I've been saying that this whole interview. I wasn't playing you. I don't know if you noticed. I didn't laugh every time I moved. I mean, you know, I see you kicking my rib herd. I said, oh ship, they're.
Speaker 3: Getting better too.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That's because that ship and yeah for real they Yeah, So Wizzlemania is dropping. It's a new album, full full length, all bangers. I'm really excited. I got really good features on there. Everything is pretty much locked in independent. Independent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you's gonna ask you that question, indid major, Yeah, what do you prefer?
Speaker 3: I prefer being independent, but doing deals like exclusively, you know what I'm saying. So if you're gonna do it, yeah, like you license your project, to license your project, because a lot of people don't know, like music isn't really owned by the labels. Like there's a lot of private companies and a lot of investors who will invest way more in a project than a record label. I'm talking about way more like And if you can lock yourself into one of those deals, you're gonna get some cheese and you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Use school us a little bit on that because I've never heard much of that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go too deep into it.
Speaker 1: Just the surface of it generic.
Speaker 4: I just said it the way more.
Speaker 3: No, no, no no, because that album never got released like this what's up full?
Speaker 1: So bro u.
Speaker 3: Uh no, because that album was like one person owned it. This one is like they're buying staff like radio, they're pushing it, they're promoting it, and you get like millions of dollars up front.
Speaker 2: But is that is that exclusive to someone like you who already has a track?
Speaker 4: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: It's worth If it's worth money, it's going to sell. You can lock in a deal and you can find a company that is not a major record label that will invest money.
Speaker 4: Then that's all they do is invest and you'll get right.
Speaker 3: We need to hell yeah. And it's crazy because it's they just invest like they're not and they don't know shit about music, so you run everything.
Speaker 1: Like hedge funds. See, I'm trying to dig for the I believe Bust did that. He was the first person that had an album on you.
Speaker 2: You know, all these people who get it, you're sayings around, You're saying, whis kalifa? I'm asking for the average artists that's trying to not age artists route get funding. Is that something that they can access or is it only a bus rhymes and anybody.
Speaker 3: Can access it? Because these these private companies are investing in what's making money. So if it's valuable, if you can go on tour, if you can sell merch if you can sell records, if you have streaming, if you're monetized, if you have a video that's doing certain millions of views and it's guaranteed to make a certain amount of money, They're going to invest a certain amount of money to grow the project. Whatever this project is, it could be for an amount of time where it could be for this single project. Me or bus Rhymes will probably just do like a one off because we've already been through so many major label deals or things like that. But somebody else can be in their basement. Somebody could be like, yo, I see the potential in your growing here's two hundred and twenty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and twenty million dollars side in the basement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, we need see You don't want to talk about it, but I need to talk about.
Speaker 1: You are trying to bro.
Speaker 3: No, I'm ready to go for a cuban cuban goodbye.
Speaker 2: And there's no you can't point anybody in the direction right now because right now.
Speaker 1: I'll holler at you.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I'll see y'all next direction.
Speaker 1: When I'm floating.
Speaker 3: In this motherfucker Everything on me is fucking gold ship.
Speaker 4: Remember that private investment? Yeah, yeah, I gotta wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll wait for continue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we give it a little game, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: So we got the businesses, we got the investments, is, we got the career, we got the actor. What is it left for you to do?
Speaker 4: I'm having a great time raising my kid, bro.
Speaker 1: That's fucking awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great. Amazing.
Speaker 4: That's the best part of it all. That's what brings it all together.
Speaker 3: That's what really is, you know, my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: He's ten now, so I'm just looking forward to the next you know, and.
Speaker 3: It went by like that.
Speaker 4: Man, it went by so fast.
Speaker 3: And to think that in another ten years he's going to be twenty years old. So it's like, I gotta I'm in there. Like you know what I'm saying. I already been in there. But it's like, yeah, it's like really really important, like you know, like twelve and fourteen, all of that just you know, yeah, yeah, that's my little man.
Speaker 4: So that's my that's my job, that's my that's my.
Speaker 3: Main focus is you know, family, just structure, just keeping him right. His little personality is so so wild, so it's like, you know, he needs, he needs that that gathering that I got for him. But yeah, it's funny, man. I love being a dad. I love showing up for him. I want to have more kids. Yeah yeah, I think I think right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Like the career stuff, yeah yeah, the career stuff is not like Nick Cannon. It's like no, no, no, not like that. I mean, if you know, if that's the that's whatever the vibe is. But it's like the career thing is. You know, I've been doing that for a long ass time. It's like structure and family and making memories and fucking getting the lake house and going out on the boat and riding jet skis, Like that's the type of ship that I look forward to, Like, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I'm setting all that stuff up.
Speaker 1: What God damn it? Man, hell you man, Thank you so much man for we wanted to give you your flowers. You know, you're a real one. This is for legends, this platform, this is for people who been here and we think it's going to continue to be here, and you are definitely one of them. Since we started this show, I've been reaching out to you because you have reaching out to you because, uh, I probably never said this, see, but you're one of my favorites. You know what I'm saying. Because if I'm having a bad time, I could go to a whiz playlist and something's gonna come on. It's gonna make me either or it's gonna make me happy. And that's what's up. You know what I'm saying. That's why I fucked with in the beginning, because that's really what street people or people from the streets is.
Speaker 3: We're really happy people on the low.
Speaker 1: We just was mad because of our condition, our situation, and I've had to give you a flowers. I was wanting to give you a flowers and thank you man. So you're gonna take two pictures and you do some drops and then that's it.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production in association with Interval Presents. Hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N from Interval Presents executive producers Alan Coy and Jake Kleinberg.
Speaker 3: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 2: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at, dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com,