Speaker 1: Media podcast. Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Randall Williams and some special guests with us. Number forty two from the University of Michigan basketball team, Will Cheddar and two members of the University of Michigan fishing team, Connor Procop and Brady Bush. And today we are coming to you live from the tailgate of the Michigan Wolverines versus Texas Longhorns football game in ann Arbor. We are here on the Meat Eater Tailgate Tour, which is traveling across the country this fall to some of the biggest college football games of this season. Will Connor, Brady Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate you having us buck.
Speaker 1: Now, as part of this tour, we're doing some hunting and fishing in each location. You can see this. I think it's going to be in December or January. You can see the video we're making. Yesterday, me, rand Connor and Brody went bass fishing. Randall, try to describe like that that whole morning. Just one word, Just give me one word right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, one word I'm just gonna go with fantastic.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and like that that doesn't even do a justice it was. It was maybe like the most insane three hours of fishing. I was trying to react my brain yesterday.
Speaker 3: I I actually before you phrase the question that way, I I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: A banner day, a banner day. It was a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a day to be remembered.
Speaker 1: I was. I was trying to do a little math. We were there for about three hours, and if we caught a fish every three minutes, which which may seem like that's not that. It might have been like every two minutes, but let's say it was three minutes, that means we caught two hundred and forty bass. That does that seem right? Do that feel like a two hundred and forty bass day?
Speaker 2: I was thinking more of I think a lot more.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, Connor Brady, you guys ever had a morning like that of fishing?
Speaker 2: Very few? Yeah, very few?
Speaker 1: Yeah. We were. We're in ann Arbor. We're like an hour away from some of the finest walleye and smallmouth fishing in the world, the Lake Saint Clair, the Detroit River, Lake Erie, and we could have gone there and we could have had a different kind of banner day. Uh, We're like, no, we're gonna do something much dumber than that. We went to on X to look for hidden bodies of water in town, and what we found was a golf course and we got permission to fish there and they're like, yeah, there's some bass in there, you guys, you guys are welcome to go out there. And uh, there were a ton of bass in there.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad we went there because I was told by one of our fellow anglers that had we gone to the Huron River, based on my technique, I wouldn't have caught anything. But unexpectedly, I think I caught the biggest fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think so by quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Quite Yeah, probably probably a pound and a half. Yeah, four and a half pounder, that's right, that's right. Yeah, you cut a four pounder.
Speaker 4: Under three I mean or four. It was year, it was three and change.
Speaker 1: Change it was. It was a big bass. There was some big bass to be caught. Most everything was like ten to twelve inches, but but it was fear was really insane. You guys must think me and Randall a pretty good fisherman after yesterday, very good, give me give us an honest review. Okay, Connor, go first, what did you think of what was happening out there? I don't know Randall Randalls who said that the fishing on the Huron was too technical for you.
Speaker 3: I believe it was Connor conn It was surely after he told me that I was fishing my top water plug incorrectly. And then that was I think that was before Brady had to retie my mess of a braided lind tangle. So somewhere in there I remember hearing that I wouldn't have caught it.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. We had the the twenty year old helping the forty year old with his fishing technologue. Yeah, Brady, give us You must think that we're like really good, Like.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I thought you guys were gonna be a lot worse.
Speaker 1: Oh you did, okay, Well, that doesn't make me feel any better for us. Why'd you think that?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just thought that, Okay, a couple couple of guys.
Speaker 4: And someone had to hit the weight room instead of fishing, so.
Speaker 6: I would have showed you guys all how to do it.
Speaker 1: Connor and Brady yesterday because we were fishing at like seven am on a Friday, and I was like, are you guys skipping class? And they go, uh, it'll be fine, which was not a no question. That wasn't what we got. I know, you guys on the University of Michigan fishing team, what does that even mean?
Speaker 7: Basically, it's it's a club, so we're not sponsored by the university, but it's a club of anglers and we all get together fish sometimes, just talk fishing, and.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do tournaments?
Speaker 2: We do a few tournaments throughout the year, not a lot.
Speaker 7: We'd like to get into more, but the university doesn't sponsor us, so it's hard to get a boat.
Speaker 1: I heard multiple people ask you today if you guys were on scholarship, that's not the case. I would be very high when when you guys are doing tournaments, is that against like, uh, the other members in the club were against other schools who have clubs, other schools. Yeah, you like other tournaments from the club itself, just a little like what is University of Michigan's reputation among all the fishing.
Speaker 2: Teams among the fishing you guys competitive?
Speaker 7: I would like to think so, But it's tough because a lot of these other schools get pretty good funding. I would say so, But I think I think we're pretty competitive when we do fish tournaments. They were fish the tournament recently and yeah, we were like fifth place after the first day.
Speaker 1: Oh and this was just like anyone could enter. It was like a collegiate tournament.
Speaker 2: This was our state the state college championship.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: So if there are any you know, well healed donors and boosters out there that would like to chop out a couple of beast crazy young men toss with some dough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were wearing their jerseys yesterday. That add their sponsors on there, you get nice placement on there. Now also joining us as Will Cheddar and he would have been there yesterday, but he had basketball practice and and Will even invited us to come to practice yesterday.
Speaker 5: Will.
Speaker 1: How tall are you?
Speaker 6: I'm about six ' nine.
Speaker 1: About six nine. Does that make okay? Does that make it like harder or easier to be an outdoorsman?
Speaker 6: I mean, it really depends what you're fishing for. If I'm completely honest, you know, if you're trying to.
Speaker 1: Win's it good to be six eight sight fishing, you.
Speaker 4: Can tell you you can go to Pyramid Lake.
Speaker 6: But also it's like a disavanage, you know, because like if you're fishing like a tiny little stream with some clear water, you know, they can see your shadow, they can see you. You know, they're scattering all over the place, you know, some you know, so sometimes you know, you gotta get a little gritty. You know, you gotta get down on your hands and knees.
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta get ready.
Speaker 6: You gotta, you know, sneak up on them.
Speaker 1: Will is a junior on the basketball team. And uh, what I was looking at at his high school stats average thirty three point four points per game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a great time just in my life.
Speaker 1: That was great. I've got some trivia here for Randall. Will was a four star recruit in high school. There were only there was only one Minnesotan ranked higher than him in the twenty twenty one class. That player went to Gonzaga. Do you know who it was? Randall?
Speaker 4: In the twenty twenty one class twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty one high school class number one player ranked higher did beat chat? It was chet Holm. Did you ever play against chet Yeah? I did. I've played against him.
Speaker 2: This is actually a really good story. Okay.
Speaker 6: We chet was supposed to play this team from Tennessee, Mike Miller's son, and they got snowed out and so we.
Speaker 1: Got a call. So it was that was that team in Mitchell, South Dakota. Where were they? They were out of somewhere in Tennessee prep school. Yeah, and we got called up.
Speaker 6: Our ad got a call from the mini haha who check played for their ad is like, would you guys have any interesting playing on ESPN today?
Speaker 1: And we that morning we got the call and that night we were playing chat on ESPN. Amazing. Yeah, and we only lost my nineteen Okay.
Speaker 4: How many did you have?
Speaker 2: Like twenty?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a bad night.
Speaker 4: Last summer I'm sure. Huh you're a fishing I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that might have been you know a little bit.
Speaker 1: You can just lie, just lie yep. Now, last summer Will worked on a bison ranch in Montana.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that was actually from Matt Skoglan from North Bridge or Bis. We've done a lot of stuff with Matt. You could go to YouTube and watch our Clovis Point bison butchering video. We did the bullboat race with one of his bison hides. What was it like working on a bison ranch in Montana in the summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I don't have enough good things to say about Matt. I know you guys probably feel the same way.
Speaker 2: He's just a great guy.
Speaker 6: You know, being able to spend time on you know out in Bozeman area, you know, zero complaints whatsoever, great fishing, you know, great views, great people. So you know that was It's helped me so much, and you know my academics, you know, being able to spend time out there, get to know people, so super going back this summer, Dude, I go back whenever I can.
Speaker 1: Like, I went back, you know once this spring.
Speaker 6: You know, I got to fish a ton, and then I got to go back for you know, one of like an event that Matt had on his ranch this year, so I got to go back twice, which is I'm super fortunate for.
Speaker 1: So No, Yeah, it was great that we're about to play some trivia here among all this chaos. So this is gonna be maybe a little sloppier than normal, but but it's it's gonna be fun. There's a lot going on here. And when we played trivia, Randal always wins at trivia and the damn guy caught the biggest bass yesterday and I'm just like tired of it. And so I told Randall that I'm going to give our players here, our guests, an advantage for this week's game. And he's been stressing about it for the last ten days. What do you think is going to happen, Randall?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I have no idea. I've been told that I will be at a distinct disadvantage in this, and he's worried about it. I was sleepless last night. I was tossing and turning in my bed, wondering what these questions would look like.
Speaker 1: Well, here it is. Now. Randall is a doctor, in case you guys didn't know, and that gives an upper hand on these college kids who aren't done book learning yet. So to even out today's game, all of their questions will be multiple choice, while all of Randall's questions are not. So when I asked the question, we'll give Randall like a minute to answer. He'll come up with his answer, and then I will give you other three the multiple choice options for that question. It's a fun twists, it's a we're gonna make sure Randall doesn't win. Here's the other thing. You guys are competing for a five hundred dollars donation today. If Connor Brady or Will wins, that money will go to the University of Michigan fishing team, and if Randall wins, that money will go to their rival, the Ohio State University. So five the line going to some collegiate university club fishing team today. Find out who that is. Plan for keeps boys, Let's not let Randall win. Let me start with that. We're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phill.
Speaker 4: I need to know what I stand to win everything. That's just tend to win everything.
Speaker 1: Game on Suckers. Question one. The topic is public lands and not Normally this is multiple choice for all the players, but today that will not be multiple choice for Randall. It's just open ended for him. This Native American tribe has a national forest named after them in Minnesota, river named after them in Wisconsin, and college mascot named after them in Michigan. M We'll give r a minute to think about this and come up with his answer. I will then give you other three your four choices. Here's the question again, This Native American tribe has a national forest named after them in Minnesota, River named after them in Wisconsin, and college mascot named after them in Michigan. Randall, you tell me when you're done with your answer.
Speaker 4: I think I'm done with my aswer.
Speaker 1: Okay, your four choices for you? Other three players are Choctaw, Ottawa, Sue, or Chippewa. This Native American tribe has a national forest named after them in Minnesota, River named after them in Wisconsin, and college mascot named after them in Michigan. Chactaw, Ottawa, Sue or Chippewa. Randall. One of those four choices is do you have your answers one of these two?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: He does? And I noticed Brady didn't even need to come up with an answer. Okay, is everybody ready? Go ahead and can reveal your answers? We have, Randall saying, Chippewa, Connor, Sue, Will and Copy Braik. They got it. The correct is the Chippewa to cross the Great Lakes and Upper Great Plains. The tribe was known for their birch bark, canoes, copper, wild rice, and maple syrup. The Chippewa with excellent anglers, with whitefish, sturgeon and walleye being a primary part of their diet. Question two, the topic is conservation. This is an audio question. Phil is going to play you one minute of a song, and you need to tell me what band that is. Here's why this question is relevant. The lead singer of this band once donated a one thousand acre ranch to a non profit land trust. Take it away. Phil oh Randall needed two notes to write down his answer. Will he doesn't need any choices?
Speaker 4: This is good pregame music. Feel ready to follow right here?
Speaker 1: Every high school of football. Yeah, we've got playing.
Speaker 4: Flashbacks. You got another name of that?
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, your four choices for who this band is? Our Nirvana, Metallica A C D C or Grateful Dead.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a little bit nervous about my answer.
Speaker 1: Not Nirvana, Metallica A C d C or Grateful Dead again. The lead singer of this band once donated a one thousand acre ranch to a nonprofit land trust. Havana Metallica ad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a big coup, you guy.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that him.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't I didn't know. Oh yeah, is everybody ready? Nal uh? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying Metallica, Connor saying Metallica, Will sang Metallica, and Brady saying Nirvana. The correct answer is Metallica are of our players, got it? James right, allied up right. James Hetfield owned land north of San Francisco that he attempted to develop in twenty eleven. Locals pushed back against Hetfield, who wound up in a long legal battle over the property. Then, in a stunning pivot, he instead donated the land to the Marin egg Land Trust. They are a nonprofit who protects farbes and ranches from being developed, which is exactly what Hetfield was originally going to do. And Metallica's song enter Sandmn that you just heard was named the twenty third greatest jock jam of all time by Billboard. It was famously the entrance song from Mariano Rivera and he has always played at Virginia Tech football games. It is uh Marin, Oh, it's Marin Marin. I did not know that you're very familiar with the Bay area.
Speaker 3: I am okay, Well, I think that's that coup you connection to that NorCal scene.
Speaker 1: And Randall said that song makes him want a funnel a beer. He also declared earlier this week that if some college kid were to try to get into Shotgun, he would just have to oblige.
Speaker 4: I oh, I am.
Speaker 3: I think I'm the only contestant this morning who has not funneled a beer yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 4: Connor, Yeah, oh don okay mean Connor.
Speaker 1: Perio is question three. The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Jerry Syric for sending this great question. Jerry is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the list your question of the week and send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. What's the anatomical name for the whisker like sensory organs near the mouth of catfish, sturgeon, and carp Randall does not need any time or choices. You're very confident. Okay, your four choices are barble, nair, couddle, or odolith.
Speaker 4: I'm a catfish man at heart.
Speaker 1: Spencer, Uh huh, what's the anatomical name?
Speaker 4: I thought we were gonna get a bass lure question.
Speaker 1: What's the anatomical name for the whisker like sensory organs near the mouth of catfish, sturgeon, and carp Is it barble, nair, coddle, or odolith? Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying barble, Connor saying barble. All four players say barble. They got it. The correct answer is barble. Did you boys need the choices on that one? Or did you just not? Okay? I just forget the name strong competitors over here. The word barble is derived from the Latin word barbula, which means little beard. Barbles have taste buds that help fish locate food in murky water. It's been observed that some fish will grow longer whiskers when starved of nutrition in lab conditions, so that they can increase their odds of finding food. Question four. The topic is hunting. This twenty eighteen video game allows players to hunt fish forage, rockhound, break horses, cook wild game, sell pelts, and stop poachers. Eighteen twenty eighteen eight. This twenty eighteen video game allows players to hunt fish forage, rock hoound, break horses, cook wild game, sell pelts, and stop poachers.
Speaker 3: I am I am, but I this is a spinoff. This is an adaptation of an earlier franchise.
Speaker 4: Correct me, I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: No one's going to correct if they're wrong. All right, Here are your four choices. Is it Assassin's Creed three, The Hunter, Call of the Wild, Red Dead, Redemption two, or Far Cry four. This twenty eighteen video game allows players to hunt, fish, forage, rockhound, break horses, cook wild games, self helps, and stop poachers. If fil choices Assassin's Creed, the Hunter, Red Dead, Redemption or Far Cry, Hey Will, you're you're three for three?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought I'm a good reminder.
Speaker 2: I'm going on.
Speaker 1: I'm hanging here. Everybody ready, I being a video game and you guys are college students. I thought this would be like just a gimme no video game with my wife. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randalls saying red Dead, Redemption, Connor says the Hunter, Call of the Mild, Will says the same thing, Hunter called the Wild, and Brady says Far Cry for The correct answer is Red Dead, Redemptions. Damn Randall got it right.
Speaker 4: Red Dead Revolver is like.
Speaker 5: That's why I was confused.
Speaker 1: Red Dead Redemption two takes place in the United States in eighteen ninety nine. The game includes about twenty huntable animals and a dozen catchable fish. In one storyline, you come upon a herd of bison that's been killed, but none of their meat has been taken. You then find a nearby camp with two men who confess that they poached the bison and then tried to make it look like Native Americans did it. You're then given the choice of killing the poachers or letting them go. When I played, I gave those poachers the death penalty. Question five. The topic is gear. This boat brand is best known for their pro v series, which they've sold for thirty six years. Oh, he's the first time Randall has not been incredibly comment in the question five, the topic is gift. This boat brand is best known for their pro series, which years for thirty six years. Randall has still yet to man, I don't know. He's now going to his whiteboard. This boat brand is best known for their pro v series, which they've sold for thirty six years. And this is question five, so after this we will get a scoreboard update.
Speaker 5: It's what they're the engineer that what they're what they're best known for I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna I said, best known for their program have sold for thirty six years. Oh rand.
Speaker 4: Answer, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's made in decision to race is going for a third answer, and he's back his original.
Speaker 4: I don't like it it is.
Speaker 1: He's done with his answer. Your four choices are Lund, bass, Cat, Skeeter or Legend. Oh yeah, Randall, do you have one of those four answers?
Speaker 3: I wasn't even listening after Old Randall is not.
Speaker 1: Going to get this one?
Speaker 5: I could. I could tell you what it is now you think no?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Is every again? Your four choices? Lund, Bass, Cat, Skeeter or legend? Is everybody ready?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 1: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall who said a lumicraft and then after he's given a choice, he put Connor says Lund, Will and Brady say they all got except for Randy.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Lon day Beard their pro v series in nineteen eighty eight and it's been their flagship boat. Every Sense pro v's are considered multi species votes rather than being specialized for just bass war Walleye. They're best known for having a large interior and plenty of stories. Phil, we are halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update. It's close, boys.
Speaker 8: We got Connor and Brady tied up with three points and then tied up in first place.
Speaker 1: A Randaling will with four. Okay, I'm here, game going. Question six. The topic is wildlife. Oh yeah, this is the most common state reptile in America, representing Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, and Vermont. This is the most common state reptile in America, representing Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, and Vermont. Randall is stumped again.
Speaker 6: When you say reptile, you mean like state would have steak, mammal, state fish.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 3: How specific do you want us to be on this one? If if you for me, I should say, because everybody else gets the answers exact.
Speaker 1: You need to be specific. Like if this question were about mammals, you couldn't just say the state mammal is a dog. That that would not work. Again, it's the most common state reptile in America, representing Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, and Vermont. Randall, you've done with your answer. That's a wide variety of state. With his answer, your four choices are rattlesnake, snapping turtle, bull snake, or painted turtle.
Speaker 6: HM.
Speaker 1: Hm, your four choices rattlesnake, snapping turtle, bull snake, or painted turtle. Most common state reptile America?
Speaker 2: What are the states again?
Speaker 1: Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, and Vermont. We've got a few players on our team who grew up in Michigan, another player who now lives in Michigan, and they don't seem to be confident about what their own state reptile is.
Speaker 2: I got it.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, Spencer. I don't think anybody cares about state reptiles.
Speaker 1: Everybody ready, four choices rattlesnake, snapping, turtle, bull snake, painted turtle. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying fox turtle, which was not one of the four choices. Connor says painted turtle. Will says painted turtle. I think it's the correct answer is painted turtles. Our three Michigan students got that one point. In many states, state reptiles are lobbyfore on behalf of school children, including three of the four states that chose the painted turtle. Virginia is one of the newest states that chose a state reptile, electing for the garter snake. They consider doing a box turtle about a decade ago, but decided its practice of hiding in its shell is too cowardly and that their state symbols shouldn't be splattered all over roads.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought box turtle. I forgot that they went against the initial.
Speaker 1: Question seven, the topic is wildlife. What university has a bison named Relfie who runs across the field before football games? Randal is getting his confidence back a little bit. He's eager to write down his answer for question seven. What university as a bison named Ralphie who runs across the field before football games? Randal, are you done with your answer?
Speaker 4: I am? Okay.
Speaker 1: Here are your choices for the other three players.
Speaker 4: Don't overthink it.
Speaker 1: Is it University of Wyoming, Oklahoma State, University, University of Colorado, or North Dakota State univer Shoot, what university has a bison named relphieuns across or football games? University of Wyoming, Oklahoma State University, University of Colorado or North Dakota State. I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: If Randall, do you have one of those four answers as your answer, I do okay, Randall is threatening to get this one right. Sorry, are you other three ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall saying see you Boulder. Connor says North Dakota, State, Will says Colorado. Brady says Colorado. The correct answer is the University of Colorado. Three of our dollar players got that one right. The University of Colorado has had a live bison on their sideline since nineteen fifty seven. They introduced Ralphie one in nineteen sixty six and they are now on Ralphie six. The college always chooses a female bison to be Ralfie because they're smaller and less aggressive. Ralfie lives on an undisclosed ranch outside of Boulder, which the university keeps private to protect the bison from getting visitors. Question eight, the topic is cooking. What countries cuisine are calamari and carpaccio? What countries cuisine are calamari and carpaccio? Randall? Are you done with your answer? He was quick to answer, this is question eight.
Speaker 4: I believe, so okay.
Speaker 1: Here are the four choices. Is it France, Greece, Japan or Italy Randall, Do you have one of those?
Speaker 4: Or I do.
Speaker 1: Cuisine or Calamari and Carpaccio France, Greece, Japan or Italy.
Speaker 4: You guys thinking I'll come on?
Speaker 1: Is this Is this the least confident you you other three have felt yet I should know this because I watched a lot of.
Speaker 3: I'd say you're beating me fair and square. But clearly, by the rules of this contest, you're not.
Speaker 1: Play one on one. After this. You play one on one and rand Will gets to ten point lead.
Speaker 3: I would say he's probably uh, He's probably answered just as many of them without the clue.
Speaker 1: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randall and Connor and Will saying Italy, Brady who just declared he watches a lot of Gordon rand says Japan. And the correct answer is Italy. Calamari comes from the Italian word for squid fried calamari has It's long been a popular Mediterranean dish, but it didn't resonate with the until the nineteen eighties. A large reason why it took off in popularity was the marketing shift from calling it squid to calling it calamari. This change helped usher in a booming Calamari market, with American sales doubling between nineteen eighty nine in nineteen ninety four. We have two questions left, Phil, give us a scoreboard update. Pressure, everyone is still in the game. Oh, technically it's good.
Speaker 8: You've got Brady and Connor tied up with five points and then coming up next in second place is Randall. Williams was six and in first with seven points is.
Speaker 1: Willy and Randall has already declared it's been a quite an honest game from will Back there, I would say so.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I have to say this is an impressive showing.
Speaker 1: Two questions left, here's question nine. The topic is fishing. This NFL Hall of Famer wore a straight Bass homie shirt at his Minnesota chairarity fishing event he hosted in twenty twenty one. Oh lord, This NFL Hall of Famer wore a quote straight bass homie shirt at the Minnesota charity fishing event he hosted in twenty twenty one. What's going on behind us? Back there? Phil, do you have a.
Speaker 4: They're cheering for a comeback?
Speaker 1: Spencer Randall? Are you ready with your answer? Okay? Your choices for the other three are Mike l Irvin, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice or Kelvin Johnson. This Hall of Famer wore a straight bass homie at a Minnesota charity fishing event twenty twenty one. Randall, do you have one of those? As your answer?
Speaker 4: I does?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Randy saying Randy Moss, connors as Kelvin Johnson, Will says Randy Moss, Brady says Randy Moss. The correct answer is Randy Moss. Three of our four players got it. Randy's Straight Bass Classic was held on Lake Minnie Taka. The name of the event and shirt he was wearing were inspired by an interview he gave in two thousand and five. After scoring the winning touchdown against the Packers in a Lambeo Field playoff game, Moss fake mooned the fans. The league didn't find it funny and find Moss ten thousand dollars. Then a few days later, while getting into his car outside of a team facility, a reporter asked Randy how he'd pay the fine. This was that exchange red check yet, Rady Witch, you don't write chicks.
Speaker 8: How do you pay man?
Speaker 1: If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?
Speaker 6: Draight cash?
Speaker 1: I feel like I said that line a million times in my childhood. Will growing up in Minnesota, it was like straight cash, homie was at in your vernacular for a long time. Were you too young for that? I think generation okay, too young for straight bass homie. We're onto question ten. We have Randall and Will left in the game. Randall is one point behind Will. Who has the lead with Is it eight? Correct? Answers? Yes? Will has eight? Here is question ten. The topic is natural history and this next great question is via Jacob Hubbard. What continent was hit by the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs? Oh? My god?
Speaker 4: Would you consider this?
Speaker 1: Randal is very confident? The topic is natural history? What continent was hit by the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs? I mean, I know where could I put a country? What I'm going to give you choices in a second, and it was what voices got. Randall was confident choices. You you want to go mono? You mono here with Randall? Huh yeah, I'll go No.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no, no, well I don't.
Speaker 4: Know's put your board down.
Speaker 1: Just put okay, he's uh. We have Will, who has the option of using choices electing not to use choices. And I just want to clarify, Will you have a continent not a country? Right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 4: Wish I could do a country.
Speaker 1: I don't see how that would be easier. But I'm now going to give the four choices to the two players who would like them. Your options are North America, Africa, Asia, or Antarctica.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Will is confident and Randall too, but I think I got it.
Speaker 3: Just to be clear, we're assuming that the chicks loop impact killed the dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to hear. Yeah, that is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. And this is a five hundred dollars don't on the line to the University of Michigan or the Ohio State University Fishing. We have Randall sang North America, Connor says North America. Will says North America. He didn't need the choices, and Brady sang north of America. The correct answer is North America, making Will our winner.
Speaker 4: Let's go your game.
Speaker 3: You play the game the right way.
Speaker 1: The asteroid that killed the dinosaurs suck the Yucatan Peninsula sixty six million years ago. It's estimated that the asteroid was about six miles wide and moving at a speed of forty five thousand miles per hour. The chick Slub crater was created at the site of impact, but is slowly filled into the point where it's barely visible. Today, Will again is our winner. That means he gets to give me five hundred dollars donation on behalf of him and meat eater to the University of Michigan fishing team. So now Connor and Brady can what can you buy with five hundred dollars like twelve of those Japanese yesterday?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel better about this actually because they're probably gonna need to replace some taco after I've been manhandling it for a morning.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Randall was a little destructive yesterday, Randall or the bass I'm not sure which. Well done, Will that was? You know what? Like you said Randall and Brady said, you didn't even need the choices that often.
Speaker 3: When they when they announced you this season, is this gonna be part of the high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, champion, Will.
Speaker 2: Raised the banner.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, Gang Well done.
Speaker 1: Boys. Now, like I said, the five hundred dollars donation going there, we should go to the game now. I think it's about that time to head the same. Let's do it on all right. Thanks for coming guys, Join us next time for more Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 4: It's been a real pleasure. Guy appreciate having us on.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota.
Speaker 4: He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones.
Speaker 6: He lays them questions down, and he likes taking those two and three year old bucks.
Speaker 7: It is an avid amateur
Speaker 1: Lockw