Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Touchdown six segments, dot tsa Patday Touchdown and now.
Speaker 1: Your hosts Isaiah Stanback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC Mortgage Studios.
Speaker 5: Welcome in, everybody. We've got a great show for you today, including Talking Tuesday eight eight, eight, eight, five five to two nine seven. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today. No see Walker, Josh Roderiguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 6: I'm Kyle Yeomens. We are so back. We were so yes just for the last week.
Speaker 1: We're so bad for one final week.
Speaker 6: This is the final ride, baby.
Speaker 5: We're We're rolling all the way up until the very end, and we love talking about cow Boys Nation.
Speaker 7: We have what three more episodes after there or two more episodes after this and then that's it could putt.
Speaker 6: And it's once a week for us. We're never coming back. No, yeah, then they once canceled our show. There have been way too many in windows for us to continue for They.
Speaker 1: Know what, they know what they signed up for. I get kicked off.
Speaker 5: One person gets voted off every week you have you guys want to learn a little secret of the industry, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Isaiah is going to.
Speaker 1: Laugh at this.
Speaker 6: So Sunday night, after the game was over, did you see this?
Speaker 8: That's all you cracked up, like at least three or four times. It's like going to break. Oh, it was like you could see them like I was breaking. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 9: I won.
Speaker 5: If anybody wants to Isaiah want so we I mean, the Cowboys had just gotten their teeth kicked in forty one to seven.
Speaker 6: It just wasn't a good game. There was not a whole lot to talk about exactly.
Speaker 5: So all this is happening and we're on the postgame show, A Cowboys at ot which is an hour long postgame show and it's a lot of yes it is, the first part of the show is great because you get to you get to highlights, you get to hear from Mike, you get to hear your analysis from Barry, Isaiah and Nate, and that's really kind of the instant reaction. Well, then after that, it's pitching to locker room sound, and we get the instant reaction from the locker room. Well, after you lose forty one to seven, nobody wants to talk in the locker room playing and simple. It's human nature. You just don't want to do it. And so we were just constantly pitching to frustrated individuals who were saying the same thing over and over.
Speaker 6: Again, any question, not answering anything of substance.
Speaker 5: And so Cavanda talk he did, and Cavante was great and we did break that down.
Speaker 6: But outside of that, it was just like man like, at this.
Speaker 5: Point in the season, it's tough to continue talking about the same thing over and over. And so there was zero energy on our set compared to normal, where we love working together and we love having some fun. So I came up with a great idea. Isaiah accidentally on one segment throw out a hip hop reference and I was like, all right, here's our game.
Speaker 6: This is gonna wake us up.
Speaker 5: I was like, we're gonna see how many times we can make a hip hop reference with a movie type or a song title in our analysis and try and sneak it in there. Well, we started going Barry hit one, Nate hit one, and then Isaiah hit like six, and it was just boom boom, boom boom, and it was funny at that point. Well, then we got to the break and we all kind of laughed about it and joked about it, and I came back in and I was like, I was like the Cowboys had ninety nine problems, and Barry lost it, like out of the corner of my eye. I mean he he's on a one shot yeah, yeah, all by myself.
Speaker 6: So Barry wasn't on screen. He was off to my right.
Speaker 5: I could see Isaiah turn away from me and look at the complete opposite direction, so that his that way he couldn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Barry just goes like straight into the back of the chair.
Speaker 5: We're cracking up, and we had a severe from that point forward, it was over, like we had a severe case of the giggles.
Speaker 6: Like it was just we could not keep a straight call it off.
Speaker 1: I did. I tried.
Speaker 6: I was like, guys, we can't do this anymore.
Speaker 5: Like, we're not able to keep a straight face, we're laughing too much. And then Isaiah just kept on rocket so every time.
Speaker 6: He ended up hitting like nine.
Speaker 1: By the end of it, bro I was going in.
Speaker 2: He pulled up the Spotify chart and gave me all the needed Turp gave me everything I needed. Get jig with, get jigged if you buck. I was pulling them all out.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was it was. It was keep your head up, brought a tubac out, huh. I like it like that.
Speaker 6: It was terrible professionalism, but it was a lot of It was a moment, you know, it was showing.
Speaker 1: Out professional we are. It was hilarious. It was needed, is what it was.
Speaker 7: You have to have moments like that one the game is that terrible.
Speaker 6: You have to go clip that we have to Mine was really bad.
Speaker 1: It was tough.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 5: I was pitching to Osa, who didn't give really any answer whatsoever. It was like yes and no answers, and it's like I'm laughing pitching to Osa, and then it comes up with Osa and he's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 6: We didn't play well, didn't play well at all. And then it comes back to me and I'm like, still trying to keep it straight out.
Speaker 1: We can watch this. It's bad for those that are wonder Obviously, I couldn't watch it in a real time because I was in the locker room. Unbeknownst to me, on the other side of the locker room, the high jinks were occurring remotely from back home with these two. It's fine, young men.
Speaker 7: It seemed like, oh, we're having fun.
Speaker 1: And it was tough.
Speaker 7: It's because during the away games. I don't know if people know this, like I'm usually at home, like I'm just alone in my sorrow, kept my parents, just.
Speaker 1: In my sorrow. It's tough, man.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that that was rough.
Speaker 7: And then I was thinking, like, all right, it's bad here when I'm just like, oh God, just sitting in it.
Speaker 1: It's just the way you said it, really Hamlet.
Speaker 11: But I was like.
Speaker 7: Patrick had to like travel to Pennsylvania to watch that happen, Like that's yeah, he had to be in Philadelphia, phil Philadelphia, excuse me, yes, to watch that happen and hear the fans and everything like that.
Speaker 1: It was a crazy thing you heard while you were out there.
Speaker 7: So glad I don't have to travel.
Speaker 1: Amazing, how is it any different from any other thing that I hear whenever I'm out there. It just is what it is. It's never directed towards me. Yeah.
Speaker 6: They were getting after everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I don't. I can honestly say not a single time as a fan said anything disrespectful to me. But now, to be honest, I don't they Well.
Speaker 6: On the internet, Ye, can we start saying disrespectful things.
Speaker 1: Somebody who said something disrespectful to you, Oh, we're gonna handle that. His name is Tommy. We're gonna handle it. Tommy.
Speaker 6: There was no disrespect.
Speaker 1: Oh, he disrespected. He felt disrespect.
Speaker 6: I am count down to the day, is still trying to We had to calm Tommy down.
Speaker 12: He was.
Speaker 1: Tommy said he did it on a one shot. You made it. No, no, no, no, you made it. I can't make a man.
Speaker 6: You made it worse for you, said, can we get a one listen?
Speaker 1: And Tommy said, okay, get me. You made it worse for him because I heard the exact I heard the audio. I was listening to the audio. What I didn't know until Douglas clipped it shot out. Doug was, how if you got into the camp. So when I saw that. I was like, and I told Tommy in the press box, It's funny we talking about this in the press box because Ambo just out of nowhere, this is how the game, how poorly the game was going. We talked about other things. So like in the late in the third quarter, I'm sitting there and I'm just kind of watching the game, like whatever, man, and Tommy is sitting there and he's kind of charting the game. Am bar out of nowhere. She leans over and she's like Pat and I'm like what She's like, pet, My money's on Tommy. I'm like, I looked at Tommy and I was like, they were not ambers.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, they're gonna get you killed.
Speaker 6: Bro, Motivation, motivation, all what I'm saying, it's all locker room.
Speaker 13: How did you find out about it originally? About what you were listening to the show live? Well, no, that's not the first time he said that. He said that upstairs. So this is why I said, I have respectful Tommy, because double down. He's not one that will say it behind your back.
Speaker 1: He's a double down. Line. Yeah, he's a double down. So we were having the conversation a few weeks ago. It was Kyle myself, Tommy. I think Nick got into it and it was this the fun conversation of Oklahoma drill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was all started by another conversation and it was ed away by Isaiah.
Speaker 1: STANDI what do you And then he was like Tommy, you know what? He was like, oh, I'll smoking in these and so typically that on, like some claw, there's two reasons to be confident.
Speaker 13: Either you're just so confident in yourself that it doesn't matter who your opponent is that you just know you're gonna win, or you saw something in your opponent they gave you the boat of com I'm.
Speaker 1: Wondering which one is it? Do I look? So, I think he's taking the fact that he's twenty years younger than me as like leverage, which is fine.
Speaker 6: That it's a significant advantage.
Speaker 7: So he's probably this guy broken elbow throwing a baseball, Like I think I'm finding.
Speaker 1: One, I didn't break it. Two, I don't work it with my arms, I don't run my back, my back. Yeah, I gonna get tell.
Speaker 6: Me I love you over here like this cat's in physical therapy.
Speaker 1: And I saw that as an opportunity, I guess, But yeah, I don't know where a bar is, like in the middle of the game blowout of course, and it's like I'm starting. I was like, wow, can that work?
Speaker 7: But Amber is is the polar opposite of Isaiah or she's gonna instigate it, but really calm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like stabbing you with a two things. It was so random out of nowhere, like there was no segue to it. It's just my money, Tommy, what are we doing? She's a subtle hater. I talked.
Speaker 13: I talked to Derek about it too. He's like, listen what I here he said? He said, he said, he's providing all the resources for this. Here's what I told Tommy. I was like, let me tell you about my competitive nature. For all of the my followers and whatnot, they're like, oh no, she's going to smoke you. I appreciate the love, but that doesn't do anything for me as far as competitive drive. I like that, but when I start hearing everyone say I'm going to lose. Oh okay, now now it's.
Speaker 1: The I mean, when you sit up with the controller, it's like, yeah, okay, now, so.
Speaker 6: We need to keep doing that then, so that way you're riving.
Speaker 1: Hey man, that's that's not me. Yeah, fatful, So that's what I mean. Everyone that believes in me, thank you for the love. But that's not what gets me sitting up. It's that and the random ambar guard you hear.
Speaker 6: From Patrick himself.
Speaker 5: If you think he's going to lose, please tweet at him a voice of the star.
Speaker 6: Let's get it.
Speaker 1: Hate hate turns me. He's smooth. Find all his old high school athletic photos. Post them. Here's the yeah sich I say it was okay, it's cool. Everybody say what they got. I'm trying for Why is he so he was confident? Because because because you've guessed him, I know that.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 13: He already told you face the face prior to this conversation, so he was already you to put forty Now.
Speaker 1: I can already, I can already see it.
Speaker 7: It's gonna happen on the practice field, no no doubt. And then I could see Tommy doing the crack like one of these guys before he starts.
Speaker 6: He's just like one little.
Speaker 1: Let me find wings, let me baber, who you got your money on? Beamer?
Speaker 5: I think you already asked this question, bro, I'm I'm not liberty to bet on anybody on this show.
Speaker 1: I have to be equal.
Speaker 6: Respect because my friends Patrick respect.
Speaker 1: These are not your Fortnite partners. But no one wants to play Fortnite with me in this room. Oh demon's that guy squad up.
Speaker 6: Here's here's the thing, though, I think we need to instead of it just being on.
Speaker 5: The practice field and like where there's nobody out there, dere that like opening ceremonies.
Speaker 6: I mean there's a lot of people there. The cheerleaders are there.
Speaker 5: I think after the cheerleaders do their presentation, after they give Jerry the little trophy, I think they need now for our next event, and then just put Tommy and Patrick out there, have the crowd get after it.
Speaker 6: The cheerleaders line the foot yard dash.
Speaker 5: Line service days, and whoever whoever wins the race gets that trophy that the mayor just gave.
Speaker 1: Listen, Isaiah ran track. So you know what that kind of environment that's even worse for the appoach because it's it's a different energy scause. If you slip, are you gonna finish the race? I'm not. I almost sit that that showed a part of my hand. I'm not sure. Just just just come ready, Michael Johnson gold spikes. He's gonna show up an Olympics. But this is bro.
Speaker 5: This is the type of reward you get for listening to talking cowboys when this team is seven and nine and just got blown out forty one to seven. If you get this type of content that in training camp, you'll be able to come back and say I was there for the origin of the real Ones.
Speaker 13: No, yes, I want to be able to say that at the that the internet is undefeated. I want you guys to go find all the pictures of no, all of it. No, I need all I need all that. Y'all got eight months to figure this out.
Speaker 1: You gotta do. I'm bringing a random YouTuber that's going to we need a pre game pre rates line.
Speaker 5: I think it would just pre r put all three of us in a suit at that table up front and like fully, yeah, tell the.
Speaker 1: Real time commentary. Oh yeah, you think we can get Nickelodeon the sponsored so that they can put like little.
Speaker 6: Siprtoon get the finished line like they have of the Boston Marathon.
Speaker 1: The Simpsons, because that yeah time simple, whoa wow, shots fire, That is a lot of shots. All right, We've we house the houses, good people. It's just the glasser houses. Good people. It's different you that glass house. You're right, okay, he says people. I know he's taking a shot at you. Guys.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do some news and notes for the people that want to listen about the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Like I said, random YouTube, come in or insert here. Football talk begins at nine to seventeen. O.
Speaker 6: I know it's actually yeah, nine sixteen listen over.
Speaker 1: Our shy thanks to News and Notes fifteen eleven.
Speaker 6: Go ahead marketing segue.
Speaker 1: It off of yesterday. Part of yesterday's conversation Mike McCarthy Cayl Yeoman's had an excellent point that I agree with. I think that the Cowboys need to make a decision at head coach sooner than later, aceptually, if at all possible, and whatever that decision might be. If they're deciding to move on from Mike McCarthy once this next game is over and done with, make that decision. If you're deciding to retain McCarthy, make that decision, whatever the case may be. Jerry Jones was asked about it today on one oh five three the Fan by Bobby and Sean, and he was noncommittal right same as Mike McCarthy. Mike McCarthy is basically saying it's about finishing the race. He wants to, you know, set the same tone that he's given to the players, focus on right now, not what's going to happen later. All those conversations will happen as early as next Monday. Okay, probably as early as next Sunday night, who knows, maybe, But Jerry Jones continues to display confidence and appreciation for what Mike McCarthy has done in his time with the Dallas Cowboys three twelve and five seasons. Obviously, this season went completely off the rails, but even after it went off the rails, they did have that four and one stretch where it's just like, how the hell did you even pull that off? And that included some upsets as well. So there are reasons that Jerry Jones is going to want to keep McCarthy around, and there are probably some reasons that he might be interested in seeing what else is out there. As it stands, Cowboys and non committal, Mike McCarthy is not pressed about it right now. Mike Zimber and he was emotional. Mike zimmer was that was very very intense and emotional press conference from Mike Zimmer, which could worth to watch. Yeah, absolutely spress some regrets about early on in the season. Yeah, how he wished that he had handled thinking that he was he wont He wished he was a little more heavy handed. He wished he was a little more pure Mike Zimmer in the beginning as opposed to trying to come in and meld with what dan Quinn had already established. So but that's one of the best press conferences that we've seen this year from any of the coaches. So go besmatch that from Mike Zimmer. So as it stands, the biggest takeaway is, yes, Jerry Jones has appreciation and some reverence for what McCarthy has done in his time in the organization. But those conversations have not don't have any traction right now, and they likely won't have any any traction until the Commander's game is concluded. So when do you believe that the decision will be made. It's it's impossible to know because if you look at the history of this type of situation, I mean, look at let's go more recently, the Jason Garrett thing. Right, Yeah, that was tied to a pickup and just dragged for weeks. And I mean it went to the point where even as we have this conversation, there never was any actual closure when it came to Jason Garrett. It was here comes McCarthy, Garrett isn't informed quite yet, and it was a messy situation.
Speaker 14: You didn't really know until interviews happened, right, That was kind of there was no It was like over two days, there's no real One night they interviewed two people and one of them was Mike McCarthy, and so there was no real sin tho.
Speaker 6: It was almost like they had to be talked out of having Jason Garrett at that point. And that's what it felt like at that point.
Speaker 1: So to answer your question, Isaiah, there's no clue. I mean, it could be that they put up and I agree with Cayle and what he said yesterday doesn't how the commanders, It doesn't, It doesn't change anything, doesn't tell you anything more or less. You get blown up by the commanders, doesn't tell you anything more or less. But maybe maybe I'm speculating in the mind of Jerry Jones, maybe if they blow out the commander's Jerry gets pushed fifty one forty nine or fifty two forty eight to keep it McCarthy here slight change. Yeah, who knows, we'll find out as early as next week. But I don't. I don't don't think that we will find out next week. What do you think you think you'll find out next week?
Speaker 5: From the conversations with because Stephen was on yesterday, Mike was at his press conference, and Jerry was on the fan today, all three of those indications say, I don't think the Jones family's making a decision anytime soon. The one thing that I picked up on yesterday, and I know a lot of the internet's kind of starting to see the same thing because there were multiple, multiple reports around the league that other teams would be interested in Mike McCarthy said if he is available, and we did say that reason he's had success, he's won a Super Bowl, there's a reason other teams would like to have his services outside of Dallas. So not only am I asking, Okay, what is the front office going to do in terms of your head coach?
Speaker 6: Now, my question is does this head coach really want to be here past this year?
Speaker 1: Tu Way Street, somebody asked somebody asked me that on X They said, why have you guys not posed a question asked to does Mike McCarthy, But we absolutely have. Are you watching talking this is a couple of days ago. Yeah, but no, no, that's to me. We've talked about that.
Speaker 5: All of it is assuming he's going to come back, because if he's given the opportunity, he wants to be here. If there's another opportunity out there with a better cap situation, a younger quarterback, a younger offense, whatever, it ends up being.
Speaker 1: Closer to hometown, and he's.
Speaker 6: Been in the NFC North before. Sorry, the more control, more more control. What's to say? He doesn't entertain that option, and maybe he's planning on doing that.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's the case, but either way, I don't think there's a decision coming anytime, So got.
Speaker 7: To consider it from my all angles here. Yeah, simply put, I agree.
Speaker 1: And I think what's being lost by a lot of fans is, like kyleis framan it. It's so much of oh well, if you put the offer in front of him, he will stay. We'll say who. Yeah, And that's the question.
Speaker 7: Maybe he wants to pick down a little bit.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't I get it recency bias, and you at how this year with the Cowboys is going off the rails and whatnot. I'm telling you right now to your face. I the Jets don't care about what happened this year in Dallas. The Bears don't care about what happened this year in Dallas. Jacksonville doesn't care about what happened this year in Dallas. There will be teams that are in need of a quality head coach, let alone one that won a Super Bowl? Who could care who could not care less?
Speaker 7: And they will see twelve could not care less, twelve I'm sorry, three twelve Wooden seasons in a row, and you're like, yeah, that guy.
Speaker 6: So we're one of the top fifteen winning as head coaches in NFL history.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a lot of people that are like, oh, you guys are crazy.
Speaker 13: But you know, for those who have done car shopping in the past, yep, maybe there's a particular car that you're interested in, right, Maybe you're waiting on the interest rates to get better, right, and then all of a sudden you're like, you know what, I've been waiting on this. I've been waiting on this Okay, I want them, but they don't necessarily want me at this point in time. The situation is just not right. And then when you're ready to pour that, when they're ready to pour a trigger, they drop their finances down to zero percent financing and you're like, you know what, let's do. There's three other cars that I've now had opp to survey a tax break, right, I've been able to. I've now had the time because because you guys have made me wait right now, I've had the time to do my research and look at these other cars. And these other cars are also offering zerbrace and financing, and also they're throwing in some other incentives. So now instead of just me wanting that one, now, let me let me take a step back and look at my other options, see what works best for me, and that now might be the situation that the Dallas Cowboys are in.
Speaker 6: We're now talking carboys.
Speaker 1: That's right. Oh, I like it.
Speaker 7: I like it, But you also have to look at the you also have to look at the coordinator and play caller situation as well. Sure, I think you have to really really have a close eye on that. Do you think there's any way that the Cowboys retain Mike McCarthy and at basically say you're not calling the plays anymore.
Speaker 1: I doubt it. I don't see a scenario.
Speaker 6: It's one way or the other. You're either going to get them for all of it or you're gonna get them for none of it.
Speaker 7: And so any team that does that, they don't also don't have to say and like, oh, yeah, he's calling the plays, whether we like it or not.
Speaker 1: I think the only way that McCarthy is in the building in twenty and not calling plays is because the latter was his decision. Well both are his decisions, but it's him stepping back and saying, you know what, Okay, if Shoddy is around, let's let's give Shoddy a shot, or let's try something different. But I don't see a scenario wherein they pull that rug from under him and he stays, So it would have to be his decision as far as to play call in this concern.
Speaker 5: It is an interesting conversation, and there's still a lot to be decided, still a lot to wait on, and I'd like we pleaded yesterday. I want them to make a decision sooner rather than later. I thought yesterday would have been the perfect opportunity to make that decision one way or the other, because then you have confidence, win or loss going into it, you're gonna get something out of this week. I'm not convinced right now if if we're going into this week you're going to get something out of it, because you've either got a coach coaching for his job or you're gonna get or you're trying to get to eight to nine, which of course doesn't mean anything in the NFL.
Speaker 7: And I will argue that they've sort of maintained this thread all year long. It's like, yes, is the one year contract. This is deal he has until the end of the season. And I think it would be kind of pulling back to say like, oh, well, let's sign him before the season ends. It's like, no, we're sticking to our guns. We're gonna wait till the very last respect that I think that's part of it.
Speaker 5: I just think with the situation at hand, I would rather know what the future holds as opposed.
Speaker 1: To guests like we were yesterday.
Speaker 5: Like we were yesterday, all right, we got to take our first break when we come back, give us a call.
Speaker 6: Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 1: Give us a call.
Speaker 6: It's a Talking Tuesday. We're taking your phone calls for the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the show. Right after this.
Speaker 12: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 3: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 15: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five g. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G Fast, Reliable, Secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 16: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboy with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 17: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold. Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be.
Speaker 6: Beat better yet.
Speaker 17: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious, ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 1: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back, You're on Talking Cowboys. Plenty to talk about as we go into the final week of the regular season.
Speaker 5: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 7: Buy your oats on the Internet using the quakear code in the corner.
Speaker 5: Baby Sick, get it done, all right. We're taking calls for the rest of the show. Eight eight eight eight five two two nine seven. We've got John and Burlington, North Carolina. John is a first time caller. I've been indicated by Chris Bean.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 7: John?
Speaker 9: John?
Speaker 11: Hey, how do you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 1: We're all I'm here to Carolina and your boys shouts out to central North Carolina. I see it.
Speaker 11: That's right, that's right. But guys, I just wanted first of all, it's good to be on with you, but I just got two or three things that I'd like to mention. The first one to Isaiah. I know he's a big fan of Trey Lance. Trey Lance to me, if we remember the preseason, he couldn't hit any I think that he's one of the worst players I've ever seen put on a Cowboy uniform. He throws it to the other team all the time. And him along with the Boots guy that played corner back, they should try the Canadian League and take their Cowboy unicorns. All Son with his chest, I've been with the Cowboys in sixty seven. And one other thing, Kyle, I appreciates you sent them and about the record doesn't matter. But as far as the Redskins go, I don't call them the Commanders. I don't care about political correctness the Red Skin. As far as coming time to toast them, I don't care what day, time a week it is. We need to put a whooping on them and give them with it is third and my final comment about Mike McCarthy. You know the media always talks about the record and all this, and the injuries have decimated the Cowboys. In fact, both of these bad seasons the team would eat up with injury they're playing third or four string players. And I know we live with the reality of the next man up, but the reason they're not playing, they're not starting in the first place because they're not as good as the other player in front of them. And so we can only live with so much first man up. And finally, and I'll let you guys go. I do appreciate Isaiah's QB binge and I really like that, and I appreciate all you guys comments. But finally, if we're going to switch quarter coaches, the one we need to go after is Kyle Shanahan because he's been Mike McCarthy, even if we keep McCarthy, which I'm not opposed to you, because he didn't get dumb overnight. I mean, he's won three. He's people talking about getting in the playoffs and it doesn't matter for the Winter super Bowl. You got to get in the playoffs. And the man lived in the playoffs when he's got a healthy team or just a semi healthy team. So but Shanahan has owned him and I would bring him in if we could, because he knows he knows how to win. So thank you guys for listening. I appreciate you and hope the Cowboys can get back to the reason we ain't in the playoffs. All the Redskin fans that though we're playing with backup, and our backups are better than ours arters till today. So thank you guys for listening things.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you man's the first time color, but he knows how to bring.
Speaker 13: The John said, like, John, sound like he got about six smokers in the backyard.
Speaker 1: He just throw everything on the grill, barbecue. All right.
Speaker 13: So, first of all, I am a fan of Trey Lance's abilities, but I have been on record many times stating as why he has not been ready to play in the league for the crowd Boys or anybody else. And all fair, All fair, Yeah, I mean I stand on business right because I stand behind everything that I say. Trey Lance struggled in the preseason because Trey Lance was not trusting the timing, was not trusting the routes. He has all the abilities, every box that you want checked in terms of physical attributes Trey Lance possesses.
Speaker 1: Trey Lance. His failure has been not enough reps right, and he's lack of experience. Lack of experience regardless of where he was drafted We've been saying that since We've been saying that since the preseason. Right, I've said it many times.
Speaker 13: He had half the past attempts in preseason, and he had his entire collegiate career. He does not have enough enough stripes on his belt, right, But you don't get those unless you get playing time. So it's kind of a double ed sword there. I don't know what the quarterback situation will be this week, truly don't. I don't know that it's advantageous for the Dallas Cowboys, regardless of coach McCarthy or not, to play Trey Lance at this point, because I do think that he is a really good candidate of a quarterback to have on your depth chart.
Speaker 1: I truly do. If you can, and again we've had.
Speaker 13: This conversation about quarterback development and position or development in this league. If you can have somebody who will develop Trey Lance, coach him up and give him the wisdom. It's not physical issues that he has. It's all mental confidence. It's about the understanding of coverages, it's about timing all those things. If you can get somebody to coach him up, he is one heck of a person to have on your depth chart at the quarterback position, because I think he will pay dividends in his current state.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure where where the disconnect is.
Speaker 13: But I also don't think that you'll see him play in the starting role this week because you make the price go up. Why make the price go up. It's not fair to him, but that's just the business of football.
Speaker 7: But like you said, if the reps aren't there, total he gets one game, does that really make the price go up? He got paid five million dollars a year because is about potential.
Speaker 1: It's about potential. That's about the last thing you did before free He is.
Speaker 13: Six four two and thirty pounds, runs a four to four, has a cannon of an arm. Those are things that other guys can't just go get.
Speaker 7: But if he does what you expect him to do, which is not play great in the passing game, give you some ability to run the ball. If he does what is expected of him, which is not play great, does that still out on.
Speaker 1: The price of Absolutely?
Speaker 13: I think so, Because if I'm the Baltimore Ravens, my starting quarterbacks who Trey Lance possesses, what the same ability as Lamar Jackson come to sit by that's what we're talking about. Right, Go sit behind him, Right, go sit behind him. You're more like more like him than you are like Dak. Go sit behind him. I'm gonna put you on a in a situation with quarterbacks that might fit your style a little bit better, right with with uh, I'll leave it there, right with the styles that might fit you a little bit better. And I don't know the coaching situation over there, but maybe they develop a little bit better. Right, So, every situation is different for every person. Every player is different.
Speaker 6: So I'm saying that it's Sam Donald in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: I'm so freaking lily.
Speaker 5: Sam Donald was bounced around everywhere everywhere right just wasn't working for him.
Speaker 13: Everybody, everybody was in the right panthers. There was nobody that was gonna say that Sam Donald's that dude. And then he falls in as a quote unquote backup right in Minnesota to a rookie who gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's thrust it into the starting role and in Whila magic. Now he's going to go from making ten million dollars this year to probably making forty five million dollars next year, getting Chapagne back.
Speaker 1: At what's happening with Bruce Young and David Canelis. I mean, different hey, coach, different situation, you know, different results.
Speaker 13: So I say it's not advantageous for the Cowboys because right now they have all the leverage, right they have all the leverage.
Speaker 1: Right now, they're stashing them. They're stashing.
Speaker 13: It sucks because I've seen it happen a gazillion times exactly what's happening that's exact, especially if Cooper Rush, if.
Speaker 5: You see number ten trot out there on Sunday, I mean, you might as well, right next to the twenty twenty four season for Trey Lance, who had every snap possible in the in the preseason over three games, might as well just write stashed like instead a red shirt, it's a stash shirt.
Speaker 1: Like that's that wrote that in the third quarter in Philly when he didn't march out onto that field, when it was Cooper Rush that marched out, I was like, Oh, okay, that's this is who we are now that I said yesterday, I was like, that'll bring him back at that point and we'll set And I was like, okay, atleast give me and.
Speaker 13: When we say that We're not saying that he's ready to be a starter in this league. We're not saying that. We're just saying that he.
Speaker 1: Has abilities that need developing.
Speaker 13: And if I'm gonna show that, why would I show that to the rest of the world right now? It's not it's not advantageous for you if you have plans on retaining.
Speaker 5: I just think you need a better look of what those abilities have developed from the last preseason game up until now. I would like to have a look at it. I don't think the number changes that much, because, like you said, it's right now, it's a five million dollar deal. It's not going to be higher than that, no matter what. If he goes for four hundred, let me change let me change it this way.
Speaker 11: It's not.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe I'm.
Speaker 13: Wrong by saying the number goes up, right but in terms of the competitiveness of other teams willing.
Speaker 1: To go get him a value, that's a better way to say his value goes up right now. Maybe he can choose that. If he does that against starters right now, it's different than him doing it in a preseason.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if he goes out there and all of a sudden has a heg of a game balls are you're like, oh crap, everybody's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be like hmm. But the counterpoint to that is is that if if you are and we're not saying that they are but speculative, if you are stashing him and you don't play him against the Washington Commanders because you're like, Okay, well we want him in twenty twenty five and we don't want to show because we don't want too many offers that we have to bid against. You're also kind of working against yourself because you don't have any data, like you don't have enough real time game data versus startists to say he's even worth bringing back.
Speaker 6: And even the game data you have is exactly what John was talking about on the phone. The game data that you have was not good, and that was in the preseason.
Speaker 1: But they play. But they have more data than any other team. I'm just saying, they'll cut your nose off to space. I don't disagree, But they have more data than any other.
Speaker 13: Team, practice data, practice, have meetings data, training data where exactly.
Speaker 7: They have all that case and there's no evidence that suggests that he will ball out against Washington.
Speaker 1: There is no evidence that suggests that, So why not just.
Speaker 7: Do it for the sake of getting him reps right and giving him the opportunity and gaining some probably good graces with to bring him back next year to say, oh, this guy, actually we gave him a chance at the end of the season. Probably should have been sooner. However, we did give him a chance in that last game to show something fat and give him some value facts.
Speaker 1: Because all the data you're talking about is simulation data, all simulation data. But what happens when you actually get on the field, when you get in the car and you start driving. Everything predictables and this person changes length and just took advantageous for the Cowboys as an organization to do it, That's all I'm saying. Because they they feel as if they know what they have. I think it's this. I would imagine that they just from what I understand.
Speaker 6: What they have, they've been inspiring contract in their hands with over the quarter brown pick for them, but two other guys, you know exactly what.
Speaker 1: You've lost, the fourth round pick and five million dollars in cap hit. So what's what's playing him for?
Speaker 10: To do?
Speaker 1: You need to see him in an actual no more simulation data. Is what I'm saying. You have all this meeting data, practice data, preseason data which didn't look great. Okay, what you need to see is him actually drive the car. That's what I'm saying, because without seeing that, you might be cutting off.
Speaker 5: He's still in driver's got it's a simulated those hours yet doing donuts.
Speaker 13: Let him.
Speaker 6: Know there's this can build some trust that way.
Speaker 1: There's this a quote that my late grandmother used to tell me and my siblings all the time. Don't be so smart that you're stupid. And I'll leave it at that and have some of this. Don't outthink yourself.
Speaker 6: Don't I smart you son, you that's a callback.
Speaker 7: And have some of the surpentine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a huge call back. All right, when we come back, we're gonna try and take one more of it.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know who else is on the line, but we're gonna take a call when we come back after this with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah.
Speaker 15: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has a T and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew Hey T and FIG Fast, reliable, secure five G.
Speaker 10: Requires compatible plan and device. Five G may not be available in your areas. See att dot com slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 18: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle anti challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 19: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 20: For questions about their money? Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talkin' Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment of the show is brought to you by and VISI Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're with us, Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the backle Yellman's glad with us. Let's go to Nebby in Spring, Maryland. Nebbe you're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Uh uh Hi, guys, thanks for taking my call. Happy New Year. Well, first of all, guys, I want to say that, uh, I am very disappointed that a deuced fund was utilized very little this season, and I'm just hoping uh To be honest, I guess I'm uh I'm hoping against hope uh uh uh uh uh that that he will be on our team uh uh uh next year. But as far as that uh uh as concerned, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. And second of all, Kyle, I am with you, my man, because whatever Jerry Jones decides to do uh with Mike McCarthy, A our decision needs to be made uh uh uh I I as soon as the season is over, if not.
Speaker 11: This week, I.
Speaker 9: I and before I go that me personally, and uh uh isaiah Uh. I realized that that you might not not agree with with what I'm about to say, But with all due respect, the fact of the matter is we regressed this year, and considering Mike McCarthy has been here five years, me personally, I think it's time for a change. But again that's just my opinion, and I'm gonna support whatever Jerry Jones decides to do. I take care, thank you so much for being patient with me, and have a great week. Bye Na.
Speaker 1: He knows, Paul, I'm gonna support Nibby's point really quick on Von duce Vaughan in a seventeen game season this year, and we came in with a lot of high hopes in training camp and this season that they figure out duce Von not so much. He has a total of thirty four offensive plays this entire season. Yes, almost as many I mean special teams plays as nineteen. So he's just not being utilized mostly at all. Obviously, he's been inactive quite a bit.
Speaker 7: Lost time.
Speaker 1: He touched a football a week eleven against the Houston Texans, and that was when Rico was out right correct. That was the inactive week for Rico. He has only eleven rushing attempts this entire season for a total of thirty three rushing yards this entire season. If you're asking, well, maybe he did some work as a receiver out of the backfield. No, he has three total receptions this season on five targets for a total of eighteen yards, averaging only six yards of reception. This has been another season that's a complete wash for the Ducevaughn experiment.
Speaker 7: To Neb's point, that's difficult, man. I really think at least seeing him in the preseason, there's a lot of high hopes there just seeing him on the profet field at training camp, but he never fumbled. Yeah, I think that there was a big missed opportunity there, And obviously McCarthy and Schottenheimer just didn't have any idea on how to use him or just he wasn't doing what they wanted him to do. But I think in this case you want to lean on his strengths, and his strengths are being a shifty back, and they just did not want to do that for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: But also if you look at when when he was active in getting some touches week one, two, three, four, two, nine, five, three offensive players respectively. It was also behind an offensive line that was having some troubles because Zach Martin was struggling battling injuries and things like that. Once the once Zach Martin was kind of shut down for the season and then Brock Kaufman came in and the offensive line started to kind of short self up as far as the run game is concerned. By that point, duce vaugh was stuck on the inactives list with the exception of the Houston Texans game. So by the time the offensive line did kind of get their act together as far as blocking up front, it was too late for duce Von because he wasn't on the field anymore.
Speaker 6: So, Yeah, unfortunately, thanks for the calls.
Speaker 13: In twenty four man, we appreciate you. I don't wholeheartedly disagree with you in regards to the things that you said. I wish I would have seen more Deuce Vaughan Coach McCarthy. In regards to coach McCarthy comment, I there's there's some names out there, there's some names out there, but you have to take himTo account his body of work.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't disregard his body of work, and you can't disregard the reality of the fact that he was dealt a dirty hand this year in regards to injuries, and that's something that no coach can predict that you would like to say that every coach can overcome it.
Speaker 5: I've seen a Dante interrupt, but I've seen a considerable amount of people on Twitter and very fair. Before the injuries happened, they weren't playing well either, which is very fair. I mean, we've referenced New Orleans, We've referenced Baltimore, We've referenced Detroit. They were for the most part healthy during those games and it did not work out.
Speaker 13: You're absolutely correct. New Orleans was infernal in the beginning of a season.
Speaker 7: But that reminded me of Carolina or what was the Cardinals last year?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Similar, I mean similar beginning of the year, beginning of the year.
Speaker 13: They they poured a killing more times tend their back at the beginning of the year. Right, So New Orleans lights out the beginning of the year, and then the other teams that you mentioned are all probably buying for Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Dever and Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go to my grave. I'm going to go to my grave believing that the Packers broke the Cowboys, because yeah, in that January player game, because if you look at what happened, I mean, they went to Cleveland and handle business there. But as far as what happened after that, especially with the games at home and that home losing streak, it took the Cowboys a long time to kind of get over get that. Yeah, get out of that hole that the Packers shoved them into. So yeah, but then that cow said, I mean, and we talked about it a lot on this show. The Cowboys, when they were mostly healthy, still struggled to play goodball on both sides of the ball, couldn't get a pass rush, couldn't get the offense going, red zone woes, penalties and things like that. So all of this is true, and all of this is what has to be discussed upstairs over the next several days.
Speaker 5: And at the same time, like you said, they were against good teams Baltimore, Detroit, and Philly, But you went into the season expecting to be those teams.
Speaker 6: You went into this season.
Speaker 5: Expecting to contend yourself for a Super Bowl, just like you thought you had a chance at doing last year. And you never got close to that, even when the team was healthy.
Speaker 6: So I've said this before. I would retain Mike McCarthy if.
Speaker 5: I was if I was in the shoes, if I was placed in the shoes of the Jones family, I would retain him. I would run it back with him and Zimmer next year and let's get this healthy roster. Let's try and make a little bit of an exception. Yeah, at least next year is what I'm kind of You wouldn't be able to sign either one of those guys to a one year deal.
Speaker 1: That's not that's years.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a two year year. But at the same time, you're going one year at a time. Retain Al Harris at all costs.
Speaker 6: And retain him.
Speaker 5: I would keep him because of the body of work, because of what you brought him in here to do. Plus I'm not convinced that there's another option out there. There are names that I would feel more confident in leading this team better than Mike McCarthy has, because I've seen it firsthand and I think they're the way that this team has been led by him and Zimmer over the course of a wild wild season, and the fact that this locker room.
Speaker 6: Never lost hope. That that carries a lot of weight for me.
Speaker 1: And deficially if Mike Zimmer calls it a career, because it sounds like he's teetering. Al Harris to d C, I'm cool with that for d C, not to DC. Let me be clear on that.
Speaker 7: Did you mean Mike Zimmer?
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't go to DC, said Mike Simmer, said Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 1: McCarthy miaking news all these mikes. Sounds like Zimmer is teetering because of his emotion. Emotionally, it sounds like he came back and achieved what he wanted to achieve because of his late son. So we'll see if Zimber chooses to remain coaching in football. If not, and if that's not in Dallas, Al Harris to defensive coordinator asap, do it for the culture.
Speaker 7: Marvin Overshown was very vocal about wanting zim back. He retweeted, that was my Nick Harris.
Speaker 1: But again two way street. It has to be something that Zimmer wants. Of course happened and he doesn't have anything left to prove.
Speaker 7: Just showing support.
Speaker 1: I get it all right?
Speaker 6: That does it for us here on the final Talking Cowboys of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 7: Sad face, Wow, don't work New Year tomorrow, Fellas.
Speaker 5: We'll be back on Thursday for the first Talking Cowboys Yeah of twenty twenty five. Al Right, got a little QB vision looking ahead, We're going to take a review at the Washing Offense and the Washington.
Speaker 2: Hey John liked the QB vision, Okay, he did, John nor Man, guys are scary, man, John, get.
Speaker 1: Some ribs on there for me today.
Speaker 6: Let's go all right, that does it?
Speaker 1: Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: Everybody be safe tonight. If you're going out, you're having some parties, you're having some drinks. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: March y, listen, whatever you need to do. Seriously, toss the keys to someone else's drink, please seriously. Yeah, I am not kidding. I am not either. Yeah, don't mess around with me. Smart man, Yeah, smart Yep.
Speaker 6: We appreciate your seat belt.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: So all right for Chris Bean, Isaiah stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick no Sea Walker.
Speaker 6: I'm Kyle Yeoman saying.
Speaker 5: So long from Talking Cowboys, Happy New Year, Talking Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 3: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club