Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: It's a meat Friday. Have you heard of marry meat chicken? Like, if you want to get engaged, you make the chicken for your significant other. It's the smoked Tuscan chicken otherwise known as marry me chicken, bacon, risotto, and guitar and guitar and garlic bread Todd, I'm still doing the read here, but you put your hand on. What do you want?
Speaker 3: I just wanted if Tyler doesn't cook it, right? Is there a divorce of the merry meat chicken?
Speaker 2: Was that worth interrupting me?
Speaker 4: Definitely?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 2: Friday fritzy? Garlic bread breaking, bacon, rossotto and smoked Tuscan chicken. Rosetto's tricky to cook. It is very Who has it better than we do? No? Nobody?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, I thought rosotto was rice for like the first five times I tried it.
Speaker 7: I didn't know.
Speaker 6: There's like a long time ago. I was like, Oh, it's like a kind of a puffy or softer rice.
Speaker 2: Like no, it's a pasta, yeah, but it does give the impression of puffy rice.
Speaker 6: It's in the rice family. But I don't think it is. It seems adjacent to rice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never gave it any thought, but but I will today.
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't know it was a pasta. I saw it on a pasta menu a few years Lack.
Speaker 7: I'm like, oh, it's a pasta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it sounds like it's Italian. Right, it's a risulto maybe? Yeah, I thought it was a Yankee broadcast.
Speaker 5: I think risotto is rice.
Speaker 6: I thought I thought it's pasta, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It is it Italian rice. That makes it pasta?
Speaker 7: All right, let's bet I'm gonna look it up. Is risotto?
Speaker 2: Is it rice or pasta?
Speaker 5: I'm saying it's rice.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seaton's going rice, Marvin, what about you with the your wife is Italian.
Speaker 4: I've never had risotto, so I'm going rice.
Speaker 2: Todd Rice, Oh God, I don't want to agree with Todd Rice. I'll go rice.
Speaker 6: I used to think it was rice, and then the last ten years I thought it was pasta. Risotta is an Italian rice dish cooked with a broth until it reaches creamy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna say that. Technically, if it's Italian rice, then that's gonna make it pasta. Really, Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna take a liberty.
Speaker 5: I think the Italians feel about you saying that, knowing how seriously they take their.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll wait until I get home and ask my wife you did what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the smart move of saying that post easter.
Speaker 2: But she's still upset because we went to two restaurants in Italy that did not serve pasta, not on the menu. And she goes, why do you keep fixating on that? I go, hun, if we went to the Midwest and steak wasn't on the menu, would you go, wow, that's kind of a surprise. And she goes, no, you're fixating on the fact that these restaurants didn't have pasta. I said, hon, it's Italy. Doesn't everybody have pasta in Italy? And she goes, well, those two restaurants didn't. I go, okay, fare not.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm looking at it some more details than they say. It is a rice, not a pasta, but it's often in the same area of the menu on Italian restaurants as the pastas.
Speaker 7: Okay, it causes confusion.
Speaker 2: Well, we have bacon, risotto, garlic bread and marry me chicken today. Tregger girls all fired up and so are we. Stat of the day brought to you my Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show Merchandise. Great reaction, Thank you getting back to us letting us know what you think of the new T shirts there. Also, if you're a golfer and you need a headcover for your driver, the un trying my best head covers. And we got a new batch of Tilgate Moonshine coming up soon. I'll let you know about that. And if you would like to get the hoodie that I have, that's available as well Danpatrick dot com. In fact, I just signed this hoodie and gave it away. I think Andrew and Iowa. He's the one that came up with the idea of having Caitlin Clark and Steph Curry their murals out there in the man Cave. So we did that. So I'm going to give him the sweatshirt off my back pull. Question, Seaton, what are we going to go with our two Well, we just started kicking around a topic. Player with the most pressure in the NBA playoffs. Okay, we could.
Speaker 5: Start with the first name that jumped out to all of us as Damian Lillard. Okay, Yanna sounds.
Speaker 2: Well, he was a big move.
Speaker 5: I mean they Yeah, those usually come with a lot of pressure, especially when you're plugging in what seems like a sure thing.
Speaker 2: Didn't get They didn't get better though, And now Jannis is out for a little.
Speaker 5: While, and to change coaches, yeah, a good sign. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And even then you got a coach who doesn't want to be there at times, Todd, that's when you do your doc rivers.
Speaker 4: I don't appreciate that.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get over to what's going on.
Speaker 2: What's going on. I'm talking about the Bucks. Their coach doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 3: I was thinking of other players like Jason Tatum as far as pressure.
Speaker 7: Jason Tatum imitation.
Speaker 9: In that moment, I was thinking about who else is.
Speaker 5: Number two on the list? Jason Tatum?
Speaker 2: That's who I would probably I'd put one on the list, Jason Tatum number one on the list.
Speaker 5: He would be one on them. You would vote for him in this, yes, I would.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting because now he has to win a championship Dame Lillard. If he gets to the next round, people would go, well, that was a herculean task. That was awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but The whole reason that he left Portland was to win a championship.
Speaker 2: Well, to at least get back into the playoffs. Start there.
Speaker 5: Mmm, no, no, nobody.
Speaker 4: No, Now we gan us on your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Tatum has been there. Tatum now has to go there and win. I would say, Jason Tatum, you could put Dame Lillard in there. Luca, he didn't make the list. He did not make that Joe did.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to put that pressure on him this year. No, he's been banged up. He's been banged up, he's been hurt. Didn't he get an MVP the last year? But then you gotta do something to playoffs the year?
Speaker 5: How many got hurt if he was healthy? Well, you don't agree. You better pack a lunch if you're going to face the Knicks. Okay, speaking of players of pressure on him, Jalen Brunson, what are your thoughts on Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 2: All Right, if he wins and gets to the next round, he's a hero. There's no great pressure on him. I mean, he's got to continue to be, you know, dominant scorer.
Speaker 5: It is the Knicks though they've already had a you know championship parade this year.
Speaker 2: Not really, they had that when they beat the Hawks. Yeah they did last year? Was that last year before?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're just saying that the Knicks expectations and the hype train goes from zero to mock fifty thousand in two seconds. I don't I think.
Speaker 2: I don't think Knicks fans go, yeah, I think we're gonna get to the finals this year. I think they're like, man, if we can knock out Philly, that would be awesome, and then that that I think that would be a nice building block for this Yes, I think.
Speaker 6: Jalen Brunson has pressure, perception pressure if he's already a star in New York and they love him in New York. But if he wants to be a national star, which is tough to do because he's eased into his career, you have to have a playoff series win and advances, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's what I'm saying. That's all he has to do.
Speaker 6: But if he, let's say they bow out painfully to the seventy six ers, he goes back to being a nice local next story and not a national player.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if he's a national player. I mean he's a great player. But you get to play in the media capital of the world, and if you can't be a national talent playing in New York, what's that say about you? I mean, you would think because you're great on the knicks that you would get that attention. He's a wonderful player to watch, but all they need to do is get to the next round. He gets to the next round, they're going to go, all right, that's great, and you beat Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: Yes, Tom, I know he's.
Speaker 3: Won before, but it was very exciting when KD went to the Suns. What's the pressure level and Kevin Durant to try to get Phoenix too deep into the playoffs?
Speaker 2: I don't think there is much pressure attached to him. It feels like, I mean, you don't hear that.
Speaker 4: Should there be?
Speaker 2: I mean the Suns don't get much attention at all. Should there be? I guess yeah, I don't. I just don't look at KD and go, eh, you know, like we do Lebron and you know, Jannis and some of these other players. KD, it's like, Okay, oh man, you put up thirty again.
Speaker 5: That's nice, that's great.
Speaker 2: Like Devin Booker, is there pressure on Devin Booker, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It doesn't feel like it. It doesn't feel like KD has the same amount of pressure on him that like Lebron has right now. It's not really it'd be nice if they wont, but not really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Steph lost his game. I don't just playing game. I don't how much pressure was on him, Yes, Marton, what about.
Speaker 11: Maybe Kawhi or Paul George from the Clippers. There's like no pressure on them because they're the second fiddle in LA.
Speaker 2: If there's pressure, I don't think they care. Yeah, I mean Kawhi, I don't even know if he's playing or not.
Speaker 5: But does he I don't.
Speaker 2: Think he'd ever go. Man, there's a lot of pressure on me. I don't think he cares. It's like, let me see, I got a title. I'm gonna be a Hall of Famer, made a lot of money. See you next year. Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: How about Anthony Edwards of the Timberwolves. People want him to be a star. He plays like a star, his highlights. A playoff series bow out to a team they're favored over would.
Speaker 4: Not be good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give him at least another year at least another year because they don't have Karl Anthony Towns, right. I don't think they're fully assembled here. They won fifty six games, Okay, I would say another year and then we'll apply a little bit more pressure there.
Speaker 5: Would Rudy Gobert have more pressure on him than Anthony Edwards? It's possible. And Rudy and the Go Bears, it's possible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls here, by the way, a shout out to our good friends at tire rack dot com. They have the great Toyo tires and the Han Cook tires. So tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be. Uh huh. Let's see Cameron in San Antonio. Hi, Cam, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey, what's going on? Mister Dan Patrick? Longtime listener, first time caller. I just had to call in one time and let it be known that Jamal Crawford was definitely one of the most exciting players, especially of his generation, based on one thing elusiveness. This guy was one of the most shifty players of maybe of the history of basketball. This guy just leaves people in the dust and his highlights. I just got to call in. I love you, Dan, I listen to everything. I respect you as a shooter, but I gotta go with Marv on this one. This guy is was incredible, second best six man of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so are you going to put him in the top ten all time of entertaining players in NBA history? Cameron?
Speaker 13: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 12: I would say not top ten but close because of his amisity.
Speaker 2: That was the topic, Cam. It was top ten. So we had already gotten to the second five, and that's when Marvin threw in our next guests, Jamal Crawford. But thank you, Cam. Yeah, I got some love here Marvin Donald and Saint Louis. Hey Don, what's on your mind?
Speaker 14: Good morning guys. I was also calling to agree with Marvin, and unlike their last caller, I do put him in my top ten. But I really want to tell you guy. You guys were talking about twins yesterday. Yeah, so I do have a twin brother, and all of our lives, we were not all of it, but up until we were like twenty four years old, we thought we were identical twins because we looked so much alike until one day we shout out, we have different blood types and They just me everybody away that we were not identical twins, and we dressed it like until we were twelve years old. I just wanted to throw that anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we can't see your blood type from the outside like it's so I mean, I don't know if anybody's gonna go.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't identical. I know what your.
Speaker 2: Blood type if something. Come on, let me take your blood here. I knew it.
Speaker 5: Whoa you look on negative?
Speaker 4: Brian?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Why do you always gotta be always negative? Come on? Be oh positive? Do you know your blood type?
Speaker 5: Todd? Do you know your blood type?
Speaker 4: Mine's O negative?
Speaker 2: Actually all right, universal donor seating?
Speaker 5: Oh positive? Marv?
Speaker 2: I don't don't know, okay because you got ice water in your veins. Okay, Paul, you know your blood type?
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should know mine, but I'm not quite sure it might be oh might be oh positive. Yeah, let me see what else. Kurt in Michigan, Hi, Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Morning?
Speaker 5: Dan, Morning Kirk.
Speaker 14: I have no idea what my blood tech is.
Speaker 15: Okay, Hey, I have some retirement advice for you. Oh okay, so you've mentioned that you enjoy fishing, and as a recovering fishing than myself, I think you might as well just get back into gambling because you'll be addicted less and you'll spend less. Thanks for taking my car, all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kurt. Now I have all my fishing equipment, and I used to fish all the time, and then I got bored. And then I started fly fishing because it was, you know, something new and more of a challenge. And I do love fly fishing. But now I'm kind of back, you know, just regular fish for you know, small mouth bass, crappie, bluegill, those kind of things.
Speaker 6: Sample you ever watched like the bass Fishing Tour and I think Kevin van Damin those guys, Yeah, you could bet on that now. So like when they start pulling in the fish, you could bet on the weights over unders. You can combine betting and fishing if you like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no gambling, No gambling for me, but yeah, fishing. I'm kind of rediscovering that I bought a pontoon boat. Oh and that you know, I mean that's a good for you party, party, party on the water, and so just go out there, you know, just send it out there and let it sit. See that's the thing. I like being engaged when I fish. I don't like to just go let me throw it out with a bobber on it and a worm and go okay, got one. I like to be involved in it, like the actual trying to catch a fish, not a fish kind of catching himself. Yes, Tod, how do you go.
Speaker 9: About being engaged with fishing?
Speaker 3: You'll try to talking to the fish, trying to trick them into getting on the hook.
Speaker 9: How does that work?
Speaker 8: It was just a word.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna be a hard time.
Speaker 9: I'm on fish whom showing how engaged you are in the whole process.
Speaker 4: Come on out, fish, I see you.
Speaker 5: How much more time do I have with you?
Speaker 7: Got about an hour of forty and three and years and eight months on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's the problem. Not today the three and a half years marathon.
Speaker 4: It's a marathon. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could make it. I might, I might get to the twenty four mile marker and then just tap out. Would you call me a quitter if I don't make it all the way?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: He can't announce your retirement then, bow.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, I know my wife said that you're locked in now, you can't quit.
Speaker 5: I go, well, I know you announced your retirement four years early. I think you could probably announce your retirement and wrap it up early.
Speaker 2: Who thinks I make it all the way.
Speaker 8: To the end.
Speaker 2: Todd, Yes, you're that kind of guy, okay, Marvin, yes, all right, Poli, yes for sure, and probably more.
Speaker 5: Probably more Seaton, what about you. I'm less positive as the other guys. Yeah, I'm less positive. I have to admit.
Speaker 2: There have been days where I sat in my car in the parking lot and I go, I don't want to go in there.
Speaker 7: You should do that though. You should just do a U turn one day and never come back. That'd be much cooler.
Speaker 5: All right, let me take a break. I did that to a job once. Oh yeah, I went there, sat down. It was orientation and like we were sitting there and I was watching the guy and I just got up in the middle of the speech and left and it was like, I'm not working there. I was like, I don't know, seventeen or something like that. Let through this, I ain't working here.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break. We'll talk to our good buddy Jamal Crawford and We'll tell him the conversation Marvin and I have been having lately.
Speaker 16: Eighteen after the hour Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 6: To NBA Insiders podcasting twice a week to plug you right into the NBA grape.
Speaker 17: Fine all happening in only one place. This League Uncut, the new NBA podcast with me Chris.
Speaker 5: Haynes and me Mark Stein join us.
Speaker 17: As we team up to expound on everything we're covering. Hearing and Chason.
Speaker 6: Listen to This League Uncut with Chris Haynes and Mark Stein.
Speaker 17: On the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The women's first major of the season, the Chevron Championship. Nellie Korda trying to continue her hot start. That's the OLPGA Tour today on Peacock and Golf champ this weekend on NBC. All right, we'll get some more phone calls coming up. Pole question Seaton before we get to Jamal Crawford.
Speaker 5: Well, we're gonna throw up there, player with the most pressure in the NBA playoffs, Damian Lillard, Jason Tatum, Jalen Brunts, and Joel Embii.
Speaker 2: Okay, most pressure, Well, let me start there with Jamal Crawford, the Turners Sports NBA analyst and three times sixth Man of the Year Award winner. Great to see you again, Jamal.
Speaker 5: Player.
Speaker 2: Who has the most pressure on him in the playoffs is.
Speaker 10: Oh damn, that's a good one. I would say. I will say the most pressure, but I will say is the person who could probably change their legacy a lot more? It's probably Kevin Durant. I think a lot of people give him a lot of crap for the Golden State move even though he was the finals MVP, you know for both years they won the championship. So I would love to see those guys win it because I think for a lot of people look make them with his career totally different.
Speaker 2: We don't even talk about the Phoenix Suns as being threatening. Why is that because they're.
Speaker 10: So up and down throughout the year, but they're really built for the playoffs. I see him with them now. When when the URA first came, they were using their individual talents. That's more off the flow of the offense, and then they went through a rocky patch where it looked like it was work a little to join it. That might seem like the giving back. Browny Bill has been great is the third option. This time he's the first option. While he's out there, I think is good for the playoffs. They could have a deep, deep breath.
Speaker 2: I think Jason Tatum has the most pressure because they've been to the finals before. They look like they got an easy path in the Eastern Conference with everybody injured. You know, we were waiting for the Joker to win his title. He won his title. I would say Embiid has a lot of pressure, but he's coming back after the injury. But I would think the Celtics and Tatum probably have as much pressure than anybody else.
Speaker 10: They definitely said it up that way with Tatum accomplishing so much at a young games, and then you look at the Celtics, they're five and the top six terrific all year. I always say the Celtics the biggest opponent could be themselves because when they're up fifteen or twenty, they're like Mike Tyson, I'll knock you out balls topic everything's working when the tight games kind of make their reserve back to kind of join the one on one and the ball slows down, the game blogs down, and that's their biggest A kid to sell to me is trust with the game.
Speaker 8: For the Titans.
Speaker 2: How much pressure is on Jalen Brunson. You played in New York, what four or five years? They're playing Philadelphia, they're the number two seed. How much pressure?
Speaker 8: I don't think there's a lot of pressure on them.
Speaker 10: I think, honestly, it'll be the other guys who step up that can help him and help the team. If I'm the team, I'm not letting rustlings just play one on one game after the game after and it's screw t he can beat you. So I'm sure they'll see different coaches, bear defenders, double teams.
Speaker 8: And he has to get rid of the ball, and.
Speaker 10: Those other guys consistently make shots. They got to be the difference between the They made a big runner up. They're already overtee the number two seed. With with.
Speaker 2: We had a discussion on the show and we were talking about the most entertaining players in NBA history. I don't know if you heard about it, but okay, your your name came up. Uh one of our dan etts Marvin. But in fact, here was the here's the here's the conversation Jamal, just so you know, full transparency, not trying to hide anything. This is our back and forth.
Speaker 11: Yes, Marvin not a great player, but entertaining Jamal Crawford, He's not in there.
Speaker 4: Jamal Crawford is not entertaining.
Speaker 2: Not with these guys. I mean, you're gonna die on that hill alone.
Speaker 4: Come to my funeral.
Speaker 5: No, Jamal is not even gonna die on that hill.
Speaker 4: With entertaining, entertaining.
Speaker 2: Great Jamal Crawford was a great shooter, ball handling, great shooter, great shooter. Wasn't good enough to start, Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 5: Who were you mad at? Are you mad at me?
Speaker 8: I'm not mad at shoot at all? But I'm rolling with Marvin. I'm down on.
Speaker 2: The Okay, all right, So you're on the hill with Marvin. Okay, this is what we did. So we had Tim Legler on and he said, Caitlin Clark's one of the top five most entertaining players, and you're throwing in Kobe, you're throwing in Mike, throwing in magic doctor j And then Marvin brought up your name as the next group, and I said, no that I didn't say that you weren't great, But it's like, are you more entertaining than Dominique Wilkins?
Speaker 8: No? Entertained? All right, you can see why you looked at him crazy after that list.
Speaker 2: Of names, And I get, okay, but I just want you to know you were instant offense. Marvin is showing me YouTube clips here reminding me Ali Oop to Blake Griffin and breaking people down off the dribble.
Speaker 5: I got that. Are you more entertaining than White Chocolate?
Speaker 8: No, we're in the same rare Okay, Yeah, I'm a White Chokler fan.
Speaker 10: I think you have some of the best handles that, But I al would say we're in the same Real Stars entertainment.
Speaker 2: Okay, who else would you put in there? Most entertaining players like Vince Carter is in there, most entertained, Penny Hardaway Iverson, there are so many players that are I mean, it's not it's not a negative to not make that, you know, top ten left.
Speaker 10: Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Yeah, Tracy McGrady.
Speaker 8: I think King Shaq is entertainment like there.
Speaker 10: Was obviously Kobe's box Office, and there's so many people.
Speaker 8: I think Mock moved up your roof is entertaining. I think the fans was. There's a lot of guys for sure.
Speaker 2: Days Mock Mood it felt like he had that first crossover that I remember. I know Hardaway got credit for, you know, having a great but Mock Mood at the when he was at LSU, he was scaring Levi Nation of scoring.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I talked to Shaq, he said at l s U he looked at Mock Mood. Chris Chris Jackson at the time like a god. He was like I was scared to talk to him because he was that big on campus.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, but that was that was a crossover move.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, his.
Speaker 10: Ball fakes after he shot it, the way his quick release, the way he embarrassed the fingers, his foot work, he absolutely were most internation.
Speaker 2: What was it like though, when you go into a game and you're expected to score and like so there's pressure that this is what you do. One of the best six men in the history of the sport. But that I got to turn it on is as soon as I get in while everybody else's been playing for you know, a few minutes.
Speaker 10: It was definitely fun because you had that freedom, but it was pressure. I look at it like maybe a kickoff return guy. You know he can run deep every time they're just loaded up.
Speaker 8: From the ends. All we know he's gonna get back here something. You still have to find your way. So for me, I was actually playing the game while on the bench.
Speaker 10: I'm watching the game. Oh they're playing this with this coverage. Oh okay, they're doing that. They already took away this from Chris. They took my this, and JJ I have to absolutely counter it before I even have to use it. So I was playing the mental game of putting myself in the game while I was on the bench, and I think that helped me have some success.
Speaker 8: And then I tricked myself that I was Superman. Come in.
Speaker 10: Superman to say that. I just had a heightened confidence. And for me, once I got in that role, it's some magic happened at times.
Speaker 2: All Right, Well, we wanted to have you on talk a little NBA, but we also wanted to have you on to make sure you understood that pull. You know, transparent and see here that we called you a great player. I just didn't have you as one of the most entertaining players of all time.
Speaker 8: See I have it flipped for me.
Speaker 10: I think I'm more entertaining than great, So I think there's definitely entertaining there.
Speaker 5: Wait, you want to be.
Speaker 8: When I played?
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, so you want to be entertaining not great?
Speaker 8: No, I think I was closer to entertaining and great. I thought it wasn't.
Speaker 10: Great, but I think I was really good at what I did, and I think I was entertaining. Part.
Speaker 8: I think it's kind of denial. So I'm on that hill with Marvin.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could give him your Maybe you could give me your New York Nick jersey there behind you. That'd be a nice parting gift that Marvin is dying on the dying on that hill with you.
Speaker 5: Yes, Martin.
Speaker 11: Hey, Jamal, I always say you were one of those sound effects guys, Like when somebody's describing Jamal Crawford, a Crawford will go.
Speaker 4: To the top of the key hah what Like you were one of those guys.
Speaker 10: Mark when I see people on the street, they trying to do my own move me practices forever, I know what's coming, but.
Speaker 8: Entertained for sure.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 2: You're one of our favorites. Thank you, Jamal. Thanks for joining us. That's Jamal Crawford Turner, sports NBA analyst and uh former sixth Man of the Year, won it three times. All right, Marv, So I'm surprised. Would you rather be more entertaining or great, greater or entertaining?
Speaker 8: Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, entertaining or greater or entertaining?
Speaker 5: Marvin?
Speaker 2: What about you greater instead of entertaining or.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paulie, Sometimes great's about accomplishments and winning.
Speaker 7: Right, It's got more and more of a judgment. Vince Carter was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you rather be Vince Carter or Tim Duncan. Everybody was going there, Come on, we all know what. Vince Carter or Tim Duncan. I think you got to pick someone who want a little less Vince. Yeah, but that's being great as opposed to being entertaining entertaining, didn't win.
Speaker 6: I gotta go Tim Duncan because his name is still out there.
Speaker 2: So you don't want to be entertaining, Todd.
Speaker 5: Clearly Paul doesn't want to be entertaining per for.
Speaker 2: Decades yea in everyday life? Yeah, Todd, what about you?
Speaker 3: I would be more entertaining and then maybe I get cameos on TV shows and movies, and you could kind of parlay that into other fun stuff away from the court, because you're that entertaining seat.
Speaker 2: What about you entertaining or great man?
Speaker 5: Winning is pretty pretty great, Goda admit, but I think I'd rather be entertaining.
Speaker 2: So you'd rather be Vince Carter than Tim Duncan.
Speaker 5: When I look at like Alan Iverson, all of my favorite players are the most entertaining guys, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, who would be the point guard? Comp for would you rather be Tony Park because I'd rather be Iverson? Somebody who won Stockton didn't win, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: Joe Dumars or Alan Iverson? Alan is but Mars has what two titles? Okay, Isaiah Thomas.
Speaker 2: Although although Zeke was entertaining, yeah, but he wasn't as entertaining. I mean, Iverson was, you know, unique. But I think going back to would you rather be Vince Carter Tim Duncan?
Speaker 5: What do we need to do that to Tim?
Speaker 16: For?
Speaker 2: I don't I think Tim. I think Tim would. Timmy would be fine with this. He would be like, Yeah, I'd take Vince Carter too.
Speaker 5: Like Chauncey Billups or Joe Flacco or Michael Vick. Yeah, I think I might take Michael well.
Speaker 6: Take way to off field, just the playing career and not getting close to a super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You know, Michael Vick is like iverson, you know, it's like, man, that dude was different.
Speaker 5: Joseph Joe Johnson, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Johnson or yes time.
Speaker 3: My test is, hey, that's Mike Vick over there, as supposed to say, Hey, Joe Flacco.
Speaker 8: Come over here.
Speaker 3: The people sooner we are you more excited to see if you run into them in the street.
Speaker 4: Is how I would decide, something.
Speaker 2: Like, Okay, all right, whose career you'd.
Speaker 4: Wint You're gonna get excited to get an autographrom what picture.
Speaker 2: With Steven Seattle on the topic, Hi Steve, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 18: I just want my way in And let's talk about most exciting duos. And they were both great, uh, Sean Camp and Gary Payton did. Playing together in the nineties for the Sonics. Doesn't get much better than that.
Speaker 2: Well, Sean was entertaining and at times was the best player on the floor. In fact, when the Bulls played Seattle in the NBA Finals, there were two players on the Bulls who said Shawn Camp's best player.
Speaker 5: On the floor.
Speaker 2: Didn't say it publicly, but they did say it privately.
Speaker 7: I know didn't say it. Number twenty three, Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike was not going to say that, but yeah, Sean Kemp was entertaining then. Now there have been a lot of those players, but entertaining or great I was. I was surprised though that. Jamal said that he's closer to being entertaining than he is great. All right, let me take a break. More phone calls coming up, and next hour he is entertaining and he is great. He's Al Michaels. He'll join us on the program back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w.
Speaker 2: App My podcast. Dan Patrick takes a gamble. It's bad Larry, It's Shyan Irving Dylan the graphics guy. Things got a little rowdy yesterday. We discussed a lot of interesting topics. Shay went to Augusta to see the Masters. We talked about the potential downfall of Red Lobster, in part due to their twenty million dollar loss with endless Shrimp deal.
Speaker 7: Who saw that coming?
Speaker 2: Dylan and then we made some bets along the way. But it's available at dan Patrick dot com. I didn't realize this, but Red Lobster I think in one quarter lost like ten million dollars on the endless shrimp deal that they have.
Speaker 5: Crazy wow. I don't know.
Speaker 2: At what point do you say, hey, you know what, We're losing a lot of money on this endless shrimp deal and I didn't even know anything about it, yues.
Speaker 3: Tod, if you're not fired, how do you show up the next day to work when you were the guy that pitched that.
Speaker 9: I did like, all right, you sure, yeah, endless shrimp will make millions.
Speaker 4: Everybody will come in.
Speaker 2: Has anybody been to a Red Lobster in a while?
Speaker 5: Todd?
Speaker 2: That's right up your alley.
Speaker 9: They know I'm not a big seafood gal.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, the endless shrimp. I didn't know anything about the deal.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, there was a point in time in my life, probably when I was like somewhere between eight and twelve, though, that going to Red Lobster for some fried shrimp was like it's something that you did if you graduated from high school or something. It was like it was a major celebration. Oh you made your communion, or so, oh, let's go to red lobster.
Speaker 2: And they had some great commercials. That's what it felt like, because when they would crack the lobster whatever claw and and be like, oh wow, even if you didn't like seafood, you're like, man, I don't know, looks pretty good, yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: So last June, the company offered unlimited shrimp, and it's usually a limited offer, but it was like in perpetuity, and so they lost eleven The.
Speaker 2: Shrimp wasn't limited, but the offer was limited.
Speaker 7: No, it was not.
Speaker 6: It's usually one of those things they do for like three weeks, but the people in charge said, we're gonna do this for the duration.
Speaker 2: So the unlimited shrimp for an unlimited amount of time exactly.
Speaker 6: And so they lost eleven million a quarter. They're estimating twenty million on the year. Shrimp costs went up, but then they didn't offset it. They upped the price of the unlimited shrimp to twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, but why didn't they just say we're not going to do unlimited. So instead of stopping the bleeding, they just bled. They just bled out right, I don't understand the business from the red Lobster. Yes, I saw what you did.
Speaker 5: Blue Blue Blue.
Speaker 2: By the way, we have Uh, what exactly is it? Rhyme time?
Speaker 9: Run time on a Friday went on?
Speaker 2: Okay, can I wait a little bit here?
Speaker 4: I was gonna give you one sample.
Speaker 2: One give me a sample in case the audience is not aware of this crappy segment.
Speaker 9: Johnte No Moss, Johntay No Moss.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Johntay Porter and Roberto Duran, we.
Speaker 9: Got the Duran part.
Speaker 4: Okay, you should be able to figure out the first part of that.
Speaker 9: Have to rhyme with Duran.
Speaker 5: And Johntay Bethen Duran.
Speaker 2: What happened to Johntay Uh, he got banned, banned and Duran Ben Duran.
Speaker 9: That's how it works. Johntay No Moss would be Ben Duran.
Speaker 5: Runtime wear that goal later. Let's okay, let's go all right.
Speaker 2: I want you to pick the quarterback and the team that he goes to in the first round. Okay, I think gil According to my source that I spoke to last night, Caleb William that there would be six quarterbacks taken in the first round. He had initially said he thought there would only be four the top four, but now he's throwing in bow Knicks and Michael Pennock Junior the third. All right, I'm gonna start with you, Todd.
Speaker 3: I have six quarterbacks in the first seven picks of the first round.
Speaker 7: Are you ready for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Caleb Williams won to.
Speaker 3: The Bears, Jade and Daniels to the Commander's second, Drake May to the Patriots third.
Speaker 4: JJ McCarthy. The Broncs moved up from twelve to four, make a deal with the Cardinals there at the four spot. Listen to this.
Speaker 3: The Raiders and Chargers in the same division make a deal. Michael Pennix Jr. Raiders move up from thirteenth to five, making a deal with the Charges to grab him. At five, Michael Pennock Junior on the Raiders, and at seven the Titans grab bow Knicks. The Giants sudden, for some reason, pass on him at six and number seven.
Speaker 9: Tennis see bow Knicks.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute. The Titans, who have will Levis.
Speaker 9: That's right, they're still going to take bow Nicks. I like the Titans.
Speaker 4: I just picture bow Nicks and the Titans.
Speaker 2: Did you forget that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 4: But he still has a lot to prove.
Speaker 2: Did you think this was Ryan Tannehill was still on? There be part of that there.
Speaker 5: Maybe a little tan Hill.
Speaker 3: But I was looking at some mock drafts, and some mock drafts also had the Titans going quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well, Levis, maybe actually, wait, show me a mock draft that had the Titans going quarterback.
Speaker 4: Look, I have it somewhere.
Speaker 5: Are you lying?
Speaker 4: I'm not unless I thought, unless I thought it was Peter. I thought Peter Schrager had the time.
Speaker 2: If you if you prove, if you give me a mock draft with the Titans taking a quarterback first round, you get to eat first today.
Speaker 4: I thought I saw Peter Trager's have the tights with the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I probably read it round and if not, then you don't get to eat it all.
Speaker 3: That's rough. That's a rough situation. Yes, I did think a little tan Hill, a little less about Levers. Yes, what Levis still has a lot to prove.
Speaker 6: Yes, Paul Peter Schrager's mock draft, the Titans are taking Joe alt.
Speaker 2: An offensive as an offensive lineman.
Speaker 9: It would not be his have to find the other mock draftic.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, here we go see Caleb Williams going to the Bears, Jaden Daniels going to the Commander's Drake Made to the Patriots, JJ McCarthy to the Giants, bow Knicks to the Vikings.
Speaker 2: Did you have mikeph Did you have Michael Pennox? Junr No? Not not in the first round?
Speaker 5: Nope? Okay, yeah, alright you all right, Marvin.
Speaker 11: I got Caleb Williams to the Bears, Drake May to the Commanders, Jaden Daniels to the Patriots. I got JJ McCarthy going to the Vikings, and Michael pennix going to the Rams.
Speaker 5: And what about bow Knicks in the second round? Okay, all right, I love that. Jayden Daniels. Let's go, Paulie.
Speaker 6: Caleb Williams of the Bears, Jayden Daniels to the Commanders, Drake May to the Raiders. They trade up J. J. McCarthy to the New York Giants, they trade up bow Knicks. Will be a Ram Michael Pennox. The Vikings will get him with their second first round Draftick.
Speaker 2: All right, Dan, all right, we will grade this next Friday, Yeah, the day after the draft. Will see how this plays out. Let me see update the poll results. If you can there, Seaton, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Would love to do that, Dan. Okay, you know what, I don't know that we've updated the poll results at all today.
Speaker 2: I don't think we have.
Speaker 5: Don't think we have.
Speaker 2: We've been too busy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Player with the most pressure in the NBA playoffs right now, Jason Tatum has fifty six percent of that vote, followed by Dame and then Joel mb Jalen Brunson. No pressure. No pressure.
Speaker 2: By the way, Drake May will join us on the program Tuesday Fire Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Quarterbacks going in the first round of the draft. I have less than five to five or more than five? Those are your options.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: Right now five is leading with forty seven percent, thirty seven percent of the vote. Say less than five? Not many people have more than five going? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Let's see a couple of phone calls. Andrew and Washington. Good morning Andrew, Good morning Dan.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 13: It's five six oh negative blood type. So this year's draft, you brought up to twenty twenty draft where quarterbacks went one, two three. Quarterbacks have number went one, two, three, four, like you said, but if you look back at the only other two drafts that I see that quarterbacks went one, two three, you're looking at nineteen ninety nine with Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb.
Speaker 8: And Achille Smith.
Speaker 13: Then you go all the way back to nineteen seventy one with Jim Plunkett, Archie Manning and Dan Pastorini. I don't think, you know, it just doesn't pan out. Everybody's gonna get a Zach Wilson or Trey Lance or Trevor Lawrence. These teams are just kind of like gambling in a way. So I don't know if you just picked a quarterback that is available, like you know, you said, well, don't get him, Let's see your guy. But it's almost like a crapshoot of a roulette wheel or a pool tab at a casino to see which quarterback you get. Somebody's going to end up getting smashed, and somebody's gonna end up getting getting the quarterback of the future. But I just don't see that happening. But I do see a new segment for next year, Todd's mock Draft, if we can haven't put out too I think that would be content gold.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you, Andrew. I have a great weekend, Todd. Any update on your mock draft with the Titans taking a quarterback.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at a story from Arizona Sports dot Com because of course they have the pulse of what's going on in Tennessee. And I talked about that they met with the Bonnicks and scratched a lot of the heads of front office people.
Speaker 4: But they did that.
Speaker 9: I guess.
Speaker 2: So you had seen this before or you're just scrambling to try to find something, to.
Speaker 9: Find some kind of tie in between Bonnicks and the Titans.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you want to I'll give you the opportunity to retract Bonnicks going to the Titans. I will retrack that, Okay. All right, So you were lying it was I.
Speaker 3: Forgot a little bit about Levis and I was thinking about Ryan Tom Okay, it was definitely part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there was a story here about the Titans where noe, Nope, you're done. Now, where's Michael Pennix Junior or bow Knicks going?
Speaker 9: Bow Knicks is going to go to Seattle?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that's fair, that's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, this is growth by Fritzy to admit it. He would usually stand on that for decades.
Speaker 5: I know, I have to wear him down he finally did Oh, all of a sudden, somebody made too many picks.
Speaker 3: Even if he's available when the Titans are on the clock with the thirty year, Tennessee should look the other way.
Speaker 4: They're more pressing music at the
Speaker 5: Car on the way, al Michaels will join us.