Speaker 1: I'm Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and it shit Boy, my son in general.
Speaker 1: We are your host of TM.
Speaker 3: I Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, Motivation and Inspiration.
Speaker 1: New Name, New Energy. What's going on, my son, Lennon.
Speaker 3: It's been a long day, but it's I'm here. I'm Blessed Black and Holly Favor and I woke up this morning.
Speaker 4: Along we along several months, not just yeah, yeah, well, I guess so I wouldn't say it's been rough as much as I would say it's been long, Like it felt long to me, just the the traveling, the heat, the constant arguments, who agrees, who doesn't agree, who likes who, who doesn't like. It just seemed like it went on and on and on, and I just wanted it to be over.
Speaker 1: I wanted the election to be over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the election was a lot, you know what I'm saying. It was heavy because a lot of us worked hard and you know, put a lot of effort into it. I think for me, it's just been the last probably like a couple of weeks. So many people that I know or love have lost their life. Yeah, you know, so that's that's like kind of heavy for me. I got friends who's lost parents, you know, just literally just this morning, one of my friends lost his life in the club, you know, two days ago, Chubby Baby with somebody that's loved throughout the industry, like was such a good dude, lost his life. You know, we got ca can It's just it's just constant people just losing their life. And so I'm just I'm blessed to still be alive. So I can't complain about any of that, you know, but it doesn't feel all the way good to just constantly keep seeing death around you. So you know, I'm just I'm wrestling with that.
Speaker 4: I think that's what it makes for the conversation around how much we allow ourselves to be like divided by issues and politics and whatever whatever conflicts we find ourselves in, because life goes by so fast, like you think you have time, but you really really don't, because you just don't know, you don't know what can happen. I was just driving the other day and this person did something that was absolutely like could have got everybody killed, and I was thinking to myself, wow, today could be it like over not even me.
Speaker 1: It's not something that I'm doing. I'm not drinking and driving.
Speaker 4: I wasn't texting, I wasn't any of those things, so I could get to you know. I think about the movies where they're like you get to the pearly gates and it's like why me, Like I did everything right in this situation this day, but this other person was being irresponsible and therefore my life, you know, was taken. And I was thinking, Wow, it's so quick, it's so short, like you just never know and you really you can control, but so much of your destiny because it's not in your hands, you know.
Speaker 1: Although you can control.
Speaker 4: The choices that we make, that make that can have you know, a what do you call it. I don't want to say a quick ending, but can make you make your time shorter. But you can't necessarily control when life will be when it'll just be over.
Speaker 3: And I'm blessed to be here and have you know, had made mends with a lot of my friends, like even you know RP to to my man pers you know, we had gotten into argument over Trump online, like we was arguing back and forth over Trump, you know, and we've seen each other and it was always love when you've seen each other. We hug each other, we laughed about it, you know what I'm saying. And then I went to his birthday party, brought him a bottle of champagne, took pictures, like, showed him loved and then to wake up five o'clock in the morning people calling you saying that he ain't here, man, And you just never know, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So a lot of the the little things and the tedious and the menial things that arguments and discrepancies that you have with your friends, Man, they don't even be worth it, you know what I'm saying. I would definitely give it all just to have my friend back. So it's just it's.
Speaker 2: A lot, man. Chubby Baby.
Speaker 3: I literally just seen Chubby Baby in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. Was sitting there laughing and he was talking to me. Were talking about all types of things, just because we came up in this game. Just watching him from the beginning, you know, early in the early nineteen late ninety nine and ninety eight, you know, and just watching him grow into what he was.
Speaker 4: And just that's you know, my friend Prophet that I grew up with, that's his cousin. So yeah, so that's so you know, a sad thing too. And then of course Clark Kent.
Speaker 3: Was the first people that I wrapped to in late ninety nine. It was like ninety eight. I mean it was like, yo, I loved you and was telling people about me. So it's just like it's just hitting home and it was really just sorry.
Speaker 4: No, you know, you have so many especially men like man gotta gotta gotta gotta, got.
Speaker 1: To take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: Guys have to take care of yourself mentally and physically. You know, it's not only bad habits, but also the depression that can create situations.
Speaker 1: You know, depression can turn into sickness.
Speaker 4: Not having a place to go to place your frustrations and your feelings. I was thinking about how we were doing the podcast for Icewear Vesso and he you know, I was saying when we were talking about why people may not like Kamla Harris so much, and I said, some of it and some men has to do with trauma deths been unaddressed, and how a lot of times men don't have a place to go to like bring their stuff because every space that you all have to show up in it's all about like manly being manly, macho, even when you're at home, like a woman doesn't want a man in the house that's whining and whimpering. It's like you want your man to show up strong, but trying to show up strong all the time can turn into internal sickness that you know, therefore the alcohol becomes the thing. Therefore the drugs or the permit, whatever it is. And so you know, I just think that it's an important message for us to be out here preaching and teaching that you all as men and we also as women, but need to be really really taking care of ourselves. Y'all need to be taking care of yourself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about Clark Kent and that was one of his messages, like in the last few years of his life when we would see him, like his message was, man, take care of yourself, you know, check your health, make sure you're good. It's not that he could control his situation again, right, but I'm sure through what he went through he knew that it is important for you to be on top of your health. And you know, I was looking at messages between the two of us back and forth where I said to him, listen, I ain't gonna ask you the specifics of what's going on or how you're doing, but I just wanted to tell you that I care. And he wrote back and said, you know, that's just the simplicity of this message means so much to me. And he said, and you keep doing what you're doing and don't ever stop ever. And that's something that'll stick with me for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That was cluk Man.
Speaker 3: Clark was one of those people that when it came to hip hop, he wanted he had all of the knowledge. He would give you all the types of the background. He would debate you about lyricists. But his energy was always beautiful. It was never never a negative energy. You walk into a Cluck Kim party. He was one of the top DJs in the world. You know what I'm saying. If you've seen him just in the club, he would look at you, he'd give you this love hug like you're good to see you, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So and much love to his wife Keisha.
Speaker 4: She just beautiful, just amazing, and it just was a beautiful They are a beautiful group couple. She will continue on with his leg see with his family. So Clark Kent and your friend Percy, and the number of individuals that just keep I mean, I see it, and perhaps the Internet has just made it more real and we see it a lot. But there's a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot of death that is taken.
Speaker 2: That's why we got to live life. Man.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, if you don't listen to nothing else, so I said, you could debate me about anything, but live life.
Speaker 2: Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 3: Surround yourself around people that have positive energy, do things in love peace. We are at this age and when you get to the forties and almost fifties, you have to surround yourself by nothing but love and positivity. Anything else is causing stress, is weighing down on your body, is taken away from your health. You got to make and make sure that you take care of your health. Go and get regular checkups, make sure you eating properly, exercise, do all the things necessary, man, and surround yourself by good and positive energy. I don't want to be nowhere around nothing that I gotta force that I gotta worry about if somebody gonna shoot me or kill me.
Speaker 2: I don't want, I don't want. I'm past that. When you when you was twenty, you thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: I want to go to the club. We might have beef, and for some reason it gave you some a drenaline rush. I don't know what we thought was so cool about that, but you realize now that that was the dumbest I want to go. When I look or think there's somebody that might have a problem, I don't even want to be there now. I don't want nothing to do with that. I want blues music. I want slow gems. I want R and B like. I don't want nothing that's gonna cause any type of drum. I want to leave at the end of the night tipsy after a drink on a little wine, a little whatever, and I want to go to sleep and wake up and say how much of a good time?
Speaker 2: That's it. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the end of that.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 4: If somebody says, well, Tomik Mallory, you a dirty two bit, no good so and so I'm gonna say, you know you're right. I was thinking the same thing about myself. Have a nice day, don't care. Not interested in turning everything into a fight, because what we're fighting on the outside, the things like I keep going back to the person in the comments section that said, to whatever these young men, I ain't gonna go back over the story. If we only knew who the real enemy is was I say, is, then we would focus so much more of our time on that. And I truly do believe that over the next several years we will be.
Speaker 1: Meeting and I don't want to say it as if the enemy.
Speaker 4: Hasn't always been around, but we'll be meeting the enemy in reform and have to stand up to that. Let me tell you my thought of the day. So you know, yesterday a video of Donald Trump talking about some of his policies and some of the first one hundred days like things he intends to do, was released, and one of the things that he touched on was that he will be immediately addressing the gender affirming care and stopping it. Only two genders that will be acknowledged is male and female. And you know, there will be no more puberty blocking medicine. Any doctor who is found to be administering and prescribing those types of medications for minors, they will not be eligible for Medicaid, and medicare to go to their medical facilities and they'll be placed on different lists or whatever, so they will not be allowed to care for minors who have any kind of you know, that they're transitioning in any way. And you know, in the caption of the person who posted the video I saw, they said that zero point zero zero six people, like some very very small number of kids identify as transgender at a very you know, minor kids. Now, you know, throughout the campaign, there was this whole thing about there being a youth or kids that go to school and then when they get back from school they're either And I'm really literally trying to paraphrase it because I think for me to sit here and even repeat the stupid that I saw that people leave home, go to school, and come back there was a boy when they left, and they come back a girl, I can't even repeat that and make sense of it. So I'm gonna say that what they probably meant is that the kid would go to school and say, you know, I feel this way, and then they come back talking about changing their sex, because I just can't process the other thought because there's no way that that can happen. There are not doctors in America giving children sex changes or changing their gender. That is not a thing, right, it is not a thing. But the gender affirming care that is something that people have had to get and had to consult with medical professionals about. Now, first of all, let's just be clear the percentage, and I've actually wrote this down that there is little to no utilization of gender affirming surgeries by kids miners who identify as transgender.
Speaker 1: Little to none.
Speaker 4: Also, I couldn't find the exact percentage, but I know that everything I read said that it is almost like no kids using gender affirming medication except in extreme circumstances. So let me tell you when I read what an extreme circumstance may be. It's not all about changing your sex to something different, right, It's not all about gender changing your gender. It could be that you are a child who was born as a male assigned or a male, and you have male genitilia, but then you also are growing breast at the same time, right, and so a doctor will prescribe something that is a puberty blocker that basically will stop the breast from growing so that you're not walking around in society, especially as mean as kids are. When you go to school, you in the boys' bathroom, or you are playing sports with boys and you are a boy, but you also have breast because that's growing.
Speaker 1: That is a thing, Okay, It is also a thing that a little girl could have her.
Speaker 4: Female genitalia and then be growing a beard and having hair growing in places because there is something chemical imbalance or whatever that's happening within her. I don't know if that's the correct word, but I would assume it's a chemical imbalance when you have two different things going on at once.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, I grew up.
Speaker 4: I had a jaj and the vejj and the breast grew at the same time. I never was in a situation where all of a sudden certain things made me feel like I.
Speaker 1: Was boy and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like whatever, whatever, whatever can be the I don't want to misspeak about it because it's too serious. Right, And so you have doctors that see these things. You might have a child who is extremely depressed, who is suffering with, you know, issues, looking at themselves. They're very confused, and there are doctors out here who know what to do. Now are there doctors that might be actually working with and supporting a child who's saying I am not a girl. I feel like I'm something else and I want to transition. Maybe they are, but the statistics, the data shows that that is happening at.
Speaker 1: The low, super super super super low rate. So it's not.
Speaker 4: As someone else said to me, someone we both love and care for said to me, it's not important at all that it should not be happening at all, because it's not important to give children gender affirm and care. I don't agree with that, but here's what I say to all the people that I'm watching online who have so much to say about this topic. It is true that this is a very very minute issue that is not happening at large rates to a bunch of kids everywhere you go, because I've asked you, I've asked other friends of ours, I've asked family members how many of y'all the kids in the class are transgender? Or your kids went to school, came back and said, I feel like I should be something else, and most people are telling me that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: But you know what is at high rates mass school shootings.
Speaker 4: You know what else is a high at high rates fenton all deaths among young people. So it is interesting to me right that this person who people think is the big bad wolf. He's the big bad Trump that's coming in to deal with this thing that is this small.
Speaker 1: Is this small, and.
Speaker 4: Yet these other things are this big. And his top priority is to address this. You know why, because what he's not getting ready to do is go tell the NRA and the gun companies that they have to do something to stop guns from getting into the hands of kids. That's what he's not gonna do. What he's not gonna do because he didn't do it while he was president before and he had no intention of doing it now. To address the issues that Congress has laid before the Republican Party to say, sign on to this that will help us to deal with people who have access to guns with mental health, who have access to guns, as they say the Beltway or whatever they call it, where there's guns that's being traffic up and down our community. And by the way, this is before are the quote end quote border crisis, because what about the fact that there are companies that profit they make money off of So you can't blame this on the immigrants.
Speaker 1: You gotta look at the people.
Speaker 4: It's like they say, drugs aren't being made in the black community, so why is it that only people in the community are being held accountable for the drugs. Why are you not You should be out immediately talking about finding ways to crack down on these gun companies and the NRA.
Speaker 1: You know what else he's gonna do. Oh, he said he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna target Big Farmer to make sure that they stop with gender affirming drugs. Will he also deal with the fact that they have profited off of and marketed opioids and fentanol and other drugs to our community.
Speaker 1: Are they gonna do anything about that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: You know why because those are his boys, those are his donors, those are his people. So it's interesting to me that people feel, which is true, that the issue of gender affirm and care is something that it's small, it's not something that should be significant, We shouldn't be focused on it. Okay, If that is in fact the truth, then why in the first days of his announcements did he not say I'm gonna get to this because I have an issue with this, and it seems that a bunch of Americans also have an issue with this because we know black folks, we know people of all races that have an issue with the agenda affirming thing. But This is not as significant as the fact that your child and my child are more likely to go to a school, a mall, a skating rink, or somewhere and get shot by somebody who happens to be a person that has a gun in their hand because they probably have some mental health issue, right, or to get drugs out of the hands of our kids.
Speaker 3: Everything you said is on point, you know, And I tell people all the time. Donald Trump is a master manipulator, right, He's figured out and now he lined hisself with Elon Musk, you know, and he's figured out how to target certain things that he know triggers people like as a man, like as an alpha male, you want you you you, especially when you're young. In the black community, we've been taught we've been taught a lot of things about that they're trying to demasculate. They're trying to emasculate us, and they want us emasculate us, and they want to feminize.
Speaker 2: Us and all those things.
Speaker 3: So those are fears that we have, right, So you fear everything. You're like, no, we're not. We're in a way, We're not gonna let our kids be emasculate. We don't want that for our kids. So he stokes that fear, even though as you grow older, you know, when I was twenty and all that those things were prevalent. In my mind, I ain't gonna be around a gay person. I'm gonna stay it worth for this. And as you grow older you're like, well, that's their part, that's their issue, that's the that's their reality, that's how they live their lives. Right, They're not bothering me. They're not imposing anything on me. It doesn't it's not rubbing off on me. I'm who I am and they who are, and everybody is an individual, and you start to realize, well, that person, that's the individual. He's not doing nothing to me. She's not doing anything to me, So why is that such a big deal. But what Trump knows is that it's inside our community. It's a certain thing that it's a conversation within our community. So he plays on that. So when he says we don't want no transgender and we don't want this, he knows that the average person, especially a male who feels he's a strong male, is going to say, yeah, we don't want that. Far kids, even though you don't see it for your kids. When you go to school, you don't see it. That's not something your kids are not coming home saying, hey, this will happen to my school today. You know, they tried to tell me I was trained or I went to school and they taught me about this is not conversation that happening. But he knows how to stoke that fear. He knows if he constantly says that. He knows if he constantly says that, even if it's not happening, it's just like they're eating the cats and they're eating the dogs. Even if it's not happening, people keep on the migrants are raping and killing you, even though the percentage of that happening is damning.
Speaker 2: So that's what the thing is.
Speaker 3: He focuses on the low vibrational shit that he knowsh triggers you, right, So when I have a common day, like yo, they given. I had a conversation with a guy in Michigan and we just talking about the election. He's liked, I ain't voting. I ain't voting nothing. He said, i'mnna ask you a question, man. It's Kamala Harris given transgender operations in jail.
Speaker 2: I said, what do you mean she's giving people operations? Is that's what she's doing?
Speaker 3: Because I've seen the commercial to say that, I said, well, I don't know the particulars of it. I don't know what if it was a health situation or whatever, but I heard that there was one situation with that it happened, and it was probably you know, the person had some issues. I didn't read the whole thing, but it's not a normal thing that happens every day. He said, well, I don't want nothing to do with that. I said, well, how many? I said, think about this? You so focused on that the possibility of that affecting your life is what?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: How many have you been to person? He said yeah.
Speaker 3: I said, have you been around where somebody had a sex transfer operation or anything?
Speaker 2: He said no. I said, if he did, how would it affect you?
Speaker 3: You go to your cell that person or they sell, how would that affect your direct life? He said, I'm saying I just don't want it anywhere. I said, okay, and I get it. You might not want it because that's why you don't got it. I said, but if he gives the police immunity, right, you think that's gonna affect your life more than that on the one percent chance of that you because you out here every day with the police.
Speaker 2: You walk every day, your friends get arrested, they gather.
Speaker 3: So imagine if the police had immunity right and they was able to pull you over and do what they want to you. Do you think that affects you more? Or that that one operation that somebody had in the prison. And he said, you're right, I said, because that's what happens. They get you to focus on shit that really don't that don't really affect you, and it don't really matter to you, right, but.
Speaker 2: You just the thought of it.
Speaker 3: He knows that it triggers something in you as a male, because you feel it.
Speaker 2: So this is what he does. He figures out how to trigger things in you.
Speaker 3: That actually the percentage of them having everything because they talk about the migrants every day, and I know we have immigration problem.
Speaker 4: We know, well, let's not say we have an immigration problem because they take little words, but there is in fact a situation with the immigrant community, the migrant community that needs to be addressed, needs to be a dressed, it needs work, it.
Speaker 3: Does any serious work, and they and they figured out how to compound it they figured out, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna make sure that when we get to the immigrants inside of Arizona, when we get them inside of Florida, we're gonna shift them to one that We're gonna shift them in Chicago, We're gonna shift in LA and we're gonna shift in New York to the Democratic States to where they overload, to where it's hundreds of thousands of them. And they look and then people see it, like you look at them, it's busses. They done took over this. They figured out how to make it look like it's a bigger issue because so they and they focus on that, and they make you focus on that. And the reality is I've lived the once immigrants and migrants my whole life. But my whole life I live in the Bronx. It's a melting pot. Every time the new immigrant class coming, they come to the Bronx. You know, I remember when the Dominicans came here. I remember when Africans came here. I remember when Venezuela. Like you watch them come in. We figured out how to live with each other. Some of them my best friends.
Speaker 4: And the interesting thing about it in my opinion is that I know a lot of I know a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm like you.
Speaker 4: I grew up in the Bronx and Harlem and then to the Bronx, and I know a lot of people who are immigrants. I mean a lot of people who are immigrants, or at least the parents were immigrants, or the child might have been born in the United States, but the rest of their families immigrants. And I can tell you right now that those people are mainly the most peaceful people I.
Speaker 1: Know, the.
Speaker 4: Citizens that I had to run from. So I'm just saying like, and it's very intention very intentional.
Speaker 3: And they figured it out, and they looked at the things, and I'm telling you, they have study groups. They sat down with the study groups. What what is going to trigger these people the most?
Speaker 4: Because we keep saying it, whether it is or not, we're going to keep on stoking that fear, and that's gonna be the main thing that they focus on.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get so focused on the ship.
Speaker 3: That don't matter, that's barely happening, that the zero point one percent happening, that they're gonna forget about the real ship that's going on. Right So that's that's what that's what Donald Trump has done. And you know, like, once again, I do not agree. I do not think any child should be should be affirming any gender as a child.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if that's a thing. I don't think this is my person.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: You know, you and I have had this conversation rigging him around the rosie and I you know, I appreciate the fact that your position is your position and it is what it is. But I do wanted to make sure make sure it's clear that we are okay with children affirming.
Speaker 1: What we learn to be fact. So let's just be clear when when.
Speaker 4: We have we're children and years and it whatever whatever time, some already said this is what is going to be called, this is this, and that's that male female and.
Speaker 1: Those kids that say I'm a boy, I'm a boy.
Speaker 4: No one has a problem with that, if not no one, But people don't have an issue with that. So we're okay with kids affirming what has been the social construct that they are assigned to. What we have an issue is them saying I feel like something else is happening. That's when we're like, well, I don't believe that a kid should have the right to that. Now, I do agree with you. I agree with you one hundred I just want to make sure that the premise is clear. But I do agree that a child should not be able to make a life altering decision before they become an adult, because that does not mean that I don't understand, believe in one hundred percent feel that parents that know their children are going through something because I've had parents sit in my face and tell me. We tried to ignore it, We tried to do therapy, We tried to say, maybe the child is just crazy, weird, this all kinds of things because we were ignorant. But once we begin to try to understand our depressed child, our child that was withdrawn, our child that was cutting it him or herself or doing certain things. After we tried to understand and they were able to open up to explain to us that they don't feel like the body that they're in is who they truly are, then we had to figure out a way to wrap care around them, to take them to the right. Not just any psychic, because you got psychiatrists and therapists who also don't agree, who might be sitting there telling the kid, oh, you just you know, you need these pills to make you you know, like like I don't know the right pills. So again, I don't want to just be throwing things out, but you could give kids stuff or people things that dope them down, make them feel like, you know, more depressed, instead of trying to help them figure out how to cope with the situation that they're in. And so with that being said, right, I do believe that families should be supportive of their children and trying to understand what the kid is experiencing and educating themselves.
Speaker 1: But I do not believe that a.
Speaker 4: Twelve year old, a ten year old, a fourteen, fifteen, even sixteen year old should be able to go to their parent and say, okay, now I'm ready to change my genitulia from one.
Speaker 1: Thing to the next. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: I don't now if they say that they they want their name to be something different, and they go to their family, and the family sits together and work out an understanding, and it takes a lot, it's a lot of therapy for everybody.
Speaker 1: It's a whole lot. And I think your children are worth investing in that way in them. But I don't think that people should be changing their sex at before they're grown and able to fully understand the decision that they're making. Nevertheless, it's happening at the lowest rate of anything.
Speaker 2: Right, And I agree, I agree. I just said that's what I say.
Speaker 3: I just believe that, you know, as children, we make a lot of harsh decisions, brass decisions, or decisions that we're not one hundred percent aware of. Like I've watched now, I've been a fifteen sixteen thought I knew everything. It was like, Noah, nah, I want to do this, I'm gonna do this. And then by the time I was nineteen twenty, I'm like, I don't even know what made.
Speaker 2: Me do that.
Speaker 3: So those are realities, and then there's just the reality that we just don't know.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: If you're not somebody who identifies as trans, or you're not somebody who's dealing with that reality, you don't know. So I'm not I don't want to put anything on somebody else based on my reality and based on my experiences, because my experience is not your experience the way that you deal your brain doesn't work like mine, your body is not working like mine. So I don't have the right to impose my mentality, in my emotions and my physical feelings on you.
Speaker 2: It's just not right to me. But I do not.
Speaker 3: Believe that we should be making those lifetime decisions before a person is an adult person. I think then you let that adult person make those decisions because at that point they can't blame that on anyone but themselves, and they're fully aware. I just don't that's just what they can't give put that on anyone else for themselves not blame. It is your decision to make, and I think an adult should be able to.
Speaker 1: Do that, you know, so I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: I believe that they're trying to tell us that they're trying to emasculate men, especially black men, and I want to clarify that there is definitely an attempt to emasculate black men. Is when you look at TV, when you look at a lot of different things, you know, this whole toxic masculinity thing that's over I feel like it's oversaturated as used in too many point of views, and everything is not toxic masculinity. I believe there are things that are masculine that we do as men that is toxic, but I can't believe that everything that we do because a lot of those things are we are taught to utilize those for survival. And I say this all the time. A lot of things that people say it's toxic masculinity. If I when I was in prison, if I didn't utilize those things, I probably wouldn't be here.
Speaker 1: But does that mean it's toxic, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you it's time because it was survival mode. It was things that we use to survive there. When you become when you are in a jungle, you know, and you around wolves, you're either gonna be a predator or you're gonna be pray.
Speaker 2: Right once they sense that.
Speaker 3: You pray and you and you you crying, and you emotional and you you can cry all the time, and you got to explain all these things that that doesn't work in real life where we are and the real where where I'm from, it just doesn't work. So you know, I know that those things are real, but I also know that we lack a lot of emotional intelligence. We've utilized those things that whenever we can't get our way, or we don't know how to express something, or we feel pain, we react with this level of aggression that I believe is toxic. So those both those things can exist at the same time.
Speaker 1: And need to break it down.
Speaker 2: We definitely need to break it down, and I think we should.
Speaker 3: Those are conversations we should be having, but we should not allowed those things to allow us to impose our will on other people and the things in the realities that they go for, and and not to allow them to trick us by using the trans community or the LGBTQ community against us, because those individuals are dealing with their own, you know, their own situations. So when when you start realizing that, you start to evolve and you start to grow, you started realizing that a lot of things that we took as serious or a lot of things that we were taught were just wrong. Like you know, we we really as a young black boys in our community, we targeted those people. We felt like it was like a plague. And as you grow older, these are just individuals. These are people were just different realities. I have people who that are gay, that are lgbt and trans that they are cool people, don't you know.
Speaker 2: It's not that I know a lot, but.
Speaker 3: I've been around them and they and they were fine.
Speaker 1: And respect. They didn't have the.
Speaker 2: They were human beings and their reality was just different than minds every respect we have friends.
Speaker 3: Have you in this industry, if you've been this industry long enough, then you've been around gay and trans people.
Speaker 2: That's just the reality of what it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know about trans people though, maybe they just never say inside the industry, oh okay, okay, okay, because I think that's another thing is that people when they don't experience something or they haven't been around it, they listen to whatever they hear on these shows and they.
Speaker 2: Listen they've been in this industry for years.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying, until I became until my.
Speaker 4: Older years as an activist, I never I did not meet I had not met a openly trans person. That was not something that I was introduced to. And once I did, and once I did, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, okay.
Speaker 4: My first reaction certainly was not a positive one, like, let's just be honest, because I had been told they're this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: So you're trying to tell me you never was around men that were dressed like women that were like fully dressed.
Speaker 4: Now, what my experience was more of the opposite my in my life, may have been one or two men that were like kind of like rich what's his.
Speaker 1: Name, Richie, little Richard, little.
Speaker 4: Richard, like kind of like that, right, like a little and I'm yeah, yeah yeah, and a little princey, right. But they weren't called trans right, Like when I say trans gender, I mean that this is a person who has fully decided they not this, they're they're that. So what I experienced was people who were gay, and mainly it was women who dressed up and behaved more masculine, like that's how you knew something's up. Maybe there was a boy that was a lot more feminine and so okay, but that was rare because again, dealing with people's trauma, a lot of young men did. They never were able to really show you that it was an act of rebellion for a woman to be like this is me.
Speaker 1: Like two women were living together and everybody knew in the building like that.
Speaker 4: It's a little strange because usually the is man and women with children. So when two women, especially with no kids or older kids, were living together in the projects, you kind of it was like whispers about it, but it wasn't a big bowld conversation. Very rarely did you have a man who was outwardly openly gay, And if you did, he was very flamboyant, like right, and maybe he kept it himself. That wasn't my experience.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't.
Speaker 4: And and by the way, later in life, I was told, oh, you know, so and so was whatever, or if a family member died of like HIV or something like that, like they said, well, you know he was into this or he was dad in the third, But that wasn't what he did. When he came to my parents' house or he went to my grandmother's house, or I saw him at family thing.
Speaker 1: You see him at the family thing.
Speaker 4: He done turned into the most masculine man ever.
Speaker 1: And then when he's house that's what. That's what. That's my experience.
Speaker 4: We know it's there. As I got older, I began to understand it. When I was eight year nine, ten eleven years old, I didn't see that. I saw more women than I did men. So I'm just saying, when you don't know, then when I met someone like that, I'm like, oh my god, Like what do I say? You know, I was all like, oh, I'm all uncomfortable. I don't know how I got to speak to them. I don't say this, don't say that, And it ended up being that the person is kind of like relax first of all. Second of all, it's not that deep. I understand that you don't know, and so I can help you along. And it's not that serious then and nowaday like it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: It really is not that serious.
Speaker 4: So anyway, moving right along, the team mind of today has to go to our dear brother, trick Daddy. Now, now let me say this right. I first of all, had opportunity to meet Trick Daddy one time. We were on Love and Hip Hop, and he's fairy, he's hilarious.
Speaker 1: He's funny. He reminds me of my family.
Speaker 4: My parents are from Alabama, and you know, my mother's from Alabama. My father's ofm North Carolina. My mother's family is deep, deep, deep deep deep South, and you've met them. These folks, they are hilarious, they are Southern as hell, and.
Speaker 1: He could fit right.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is bring him to the family event, give him a chair and sit him down, and he could get right into the conversation because that's people. He would be beloved in my family. That's how my family members are. But he said the other day that he doesn't understand why people want to put Afro in front of his of the title for like who he is his culture African American, because I ain't never been to Africa. I ain't thinking about Africa. I heard it was a nice place, It's beautiful and all of that, but I ain't no African and I'm not whatever. You know, And you know, his point is like, he don't need to be attached to African, he can just be American.
Speaker 1: And I feel like.
Speaker 4: We are literally only people in the world that run from our heritage so much so that part of the reason why we experience the trauma that we go through in this nation is because we are unwilling to accept, to own, to understand, to learn about our culture, where we come from, and what has happened to us and how we ended up where we are. And then the type of mechanisms, the type of unity, the type of strategies that we have to use that draws upon our history and our culture in order for us to be able to change our circumstances in this.
Speaker 1: Nation, and and and and in this world. And I saw.
Speaker 4: In the comments, people like, yeah, he might have said this too, but I can't remember, so I don't want to attribute attribute it to him that people white people don't say that they are European right, which is not true. There are white people, many of them who know I'm a European American, a Caucasian or European American here here in this country. I've never ever met, not once in my life have I met an Asian who said, you can't call me an Asian American right, or a Latino American. People love to identify and own their heritage and their culture right and only we as and I can't say, let me go back and not say only we, because maybe it's not just only we, but it's prevalent among our community that we are very unwilling to own, like it's almost like Afro right. It's like it's like a it's like a disease on us.
Speaker 1: And then the other part of it.
Speaker 4: So my Tami is that for me, I feel like trick Daddy might not understand how damaging it is when you have such a big platform and you say things like that what it does and how it impacts our youth, and how it really chips away at our powerful, amazing heritage, right, Like we didn't just we didn't just pop up here. There is a story that goes from a long way that brings us to where we are today. And there is nothing wrong with us owning that heritage and that understanding, and our young people listen to us, and.
Speaker 1: Then they become in the wilderness.
Speaker 4: Right, because if you don't know who you are, where you've been, what your heritage is, you can't possibly know where it is that you're going now. You know, I also feel like well, and I think, yeah, this is real. Right. Most of the Jewish people I know, their children learn about their culture, they learn their culture.
Speaker 1: They never will say to you.
Speaker 4: I'm just an American. They are proud to say I'm a Jewish American. Maybe they don't say it in every room because they deal with very real anti Semitism and so sometimes they have to assimilate. But that's exactly what you're doing when you say I'm not Afro nothing, I'm just American.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Trick is bugging you know. I love Trick, that's my boy.
Speaker 3: But sometimes Trick says some things that you're like, you know, I think, especially Trick you know, being as southern as he is in the richness of the black culture that he has, right and understanding that southerness, it brought some of the mother land here.
Speaker 2: Like you can you it's still in you.
Speaker 3: Like when you go deep South, you can feel the roots of Africa in the deep South, they still have the roots there. So when you disconnect yourself from that, you know then and then you try to assimilate, and you can already see they don't want you here.
Speaker 2: They're not, they don't. They separate you every every.
Speaker 3: Time they get a chance, they say, African Americans, they don't want you to ever think that you just and you should. You should grab on and hold it and look into your heritages and understand how rich your heritage is. You know, you know a lot of people there are a lot of people that say that though, like you know, a lot of people say, I never been to Africa. I don't know nothing about Africa. And that's what happens when you disconnect the people from their culture. Right, you don't have Asians that will say that they are never just going to tell you the American they just not because they've been brought up in their heritage. They've been brought up in their culture. You know, they have their customs, they have the language that they still identify with, all of the things they can bring. They show you the history and they make you proud of that history. So I think has happened a lot of people want to disc connect themselves from the African culture and history because they don't see the richnesses and they don't see the powerfulness in it. They think it's some level of weakness or it's some level of you know, beneath because a lot of people within America try to push that on them. So, you know, I think it's a lot of people who who don't understand how connected you need to be to your culture, how we need to maintain our culture and our heritage and be proud of that heritage. You know, in America will make you believe that you need to abandon that and you need to be a part of me because oh, you're not American. If you're not from America, Listen, I'm from America. I was born and raised in America. But I understand my heritage. I understand where I come from. I understand exactly what I've been through, understand you know, the things that my ancestors had to do to actually get here.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud of that.
Speaker 3: I'm proud that despite all of the things that we went through, you know, as in Africa when we were kings and queens. I want to be able to identify back to that. I want to be able to have that heritage, right. I don't want just the you know, the culture of blackness to start in America, because to me, that wasn't a good start, you.
Speaker 4: Know, right right as you said, like, our beginnings here were not that great, and there were those who traveled here, which we learned even before Christopher Columbus, and so we as Africans had already.
Speaker 1: Set our feet on this st on this soil.
Speaker 4: Right, we had already before Christopher Columbus claimed to discover America, Africans had already discovered that this land was here. And of course we know that the natives to this land were thriving on it, right. And so when I hear that, it makes me think about Marcus Garvey's quote where he talks about up you Mighty race.
Speaker 1: He talks about.
Speaker 4: Us being brought here, robbed from our homeland, robbed of our names, robbed of our culture, robbed of our religion, robbed of our dignity and self respect.
Speaker 1: And you know, and he says we shall rise, But.
Speaker 4: I don't know that you can rise without knowing where you come from and never being in a place where you want to disconnn with the thing that actually gives you so much greatness, it actually sets you aside. And I saw so many people writing, oh, because the Africans, they don't want us, no way, And that is the biggest lie that's ever been told. That's another thing that is misinformation. I always tell people, for the most part, if you are a person, if you are a person who has never been to Africa, when you say Africans don't want us, they don't love us, they don't respect us, they don't like us, just know that for the most part, those are Americanized Africans who learn the same disrespectful shit you've learned. That's really the truth, the same disrespectful, rude cultural issues that we as Americans have here. Those Africans more than likely are Americanized and they come here and they learn the same thing everybody learns that quote unquote black people, which black is considered a race because it is used obviously on every application or whatever. If you notice they try to change it to African American. But sometimes you'll still see them use race. I mean still see the application or something used black. But black is actually not the race. It is not the race.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, you know, when you meet these people who are Africans here in America, they're exposed to the same things that we've been exposed to.
Speaker 1: So just like we can be rude, so can they.
Speaker 4: Well, when you travel to Africa, when you actually touch that motherland, you do not find Africans that are mistreating African Americans. The main thing we heard every time we've been to Africa, and now it's been a number of times and places that we have travel, what we always hear is we've.
Speaker 1: Been waiting for you. Thank you for coming here. We love, welcome home.
Speaker 4: So again we have to put things to come we loved. Yes, I'm sure you have encountered an African person who has treated you like shit. I've been in uh taxi cabs and others where I really am like wow, like damn, you just gonna disrespect me.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: But that is not the culture. That's our culture in America. That these people have adopted to all right, because that is not.
Speaker 1: What happens when you go to Africa.
Speaker 4: It is not I don't think I have ever when when the times that we've been in Africa, I have never experienced a feeling of racism or like I was unliked or mistreated.
Speaker 1: Never, not one time, have you?
Speaker 2: I mean no, I haven't.
Speaker 3: I've actually felt loved everywhere until people all the time. You know, you need to go to Africa. South Africa is beautiful, Ghana is beautiful, Nigeria is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Like it's something that you actually need to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know.
Speaker 2: I have to do so that narrative, you know.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Trick, you know I love you, but you're gonna have to grab onto that Afro because use an Afro.
Speaker 4: American, and you know, the darker we are, they definitely associate us with our culture.
Speaker 1: And I love it. I own it, and I'm happy to say.
Speaker 4: I mean sometimes I'm more into the Afro than I am the American.
Speaker 3: Well look at God, you know. So that brings me to my music segment today, right, we was talking about I was talking about at the beginning of the show, how many people have lost their life and this last couple of weeks and how you know, I was just trying to find I've been trying to write music actually because I wanted to talk about it. But it was just a song that touch me by Toby and g Way, and it's called when God Cracks the Sky. You know, it's not exactly talking about it, but it's just talking about he has his daughter on his shoulders and he's just in the whole way, and it's like he's talking to her about how much he loved her and he's going to take care of her, and he was laying with her, and she didn't underst she didn't even understand how with laying with He didn't even understand what laying with her meant to him until he actually did.
Speaker 2: It, you know what I'm saying. So it just it just touched me in a different way.
Speaker 3: If you got a chance, please go listen to it, When God Cracks the Sky shout out to Toe. We got to get in the studio, Like he's one of my favorite artists right now, and it's a dope song.
Speaker 1: When God Cracks the Sky. I have to check that out.
Speaker 2: That sounds like it's a lot of different artists on there.
Speaker 1: I love him and his wife and his family. Yes, it's just beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've they've created something. And it just shows you that's that's nothing but Africa. That's Afro. You know what I'm saying. That's when you come from the motherland. Man, you can everything else, but don't take that ad for off your name, trick baby, because that thing right there, like that coming from them drums man, when you listen to that music, it has the richness. Now we go to my I don't get it. Now, I don't get it. It brings us back to the beginning as well. You know, we was talking about Trump, and we was talking about how he talked about his plan for the first one hundred days, and you know, people can constantly tag me and stuff, and one of the things that he said that was very interesting to me.
Speaker 2: He said that he's going to grab up all the gangs, all the gang members.
Speaker 3: He's gonna lock him up, and he's going to give the death penalty for drug dealers.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And I've seen a lot of people that's like, yes, that's right, Well, you just need to stop selling drugs. You need to do this, and you need to do that. A lot of people. That was like, to me, it didn't make sense. It's like, you know, coming from the communities that I come from, and it.
Speaker 2: Was crazy to me. Is that a lot of these people right that was rooting for Trump?
Speaker 3: I know them, right, I know that some of your former some of y'all still dibbling, dabbling. Some of y'allre definitely gang members. Whether you're doing a positive or not. You you attached the gang, right. So I'm saying to myself, did this really make sense?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: But the real thing that I did not get is everyone was so critical.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden made the four Crime Bill.
Speaker 3: And then fourty four. Yeah, well listen whatever ninety four one three, what it was in the nineties, Joe Biden they called him. They call him crime Bill Boden. He locked up black people. He locked people up for drugs. He locked him up, locked him up too with from their family. Oh, he's the worst person in the world. He locked up black people. I said, Okay, I get it. You know they said, Kamala Harris a prosecutor, she locked up black people. No, no, can't vote for her, locked up black people. No, No, I can't believe you. Over tom as a prosecutor. They locked up black people, locked up black people. The same people that said they were so anti body for the crime Bill, they hated Kamala because she was a prosecutor and she locked up black people.
Speaker 2: Was the same exact people trying to tell me.
Speaker 3: That they was gonna praise Donald Trump for giving drug dealers to death.
Speaker 2: Petalis.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not a new that's not new, but I'm saying, but I'm just I'm not the I'm not the smartest person, but I know this.
Speaker 3: If I had to choose between somebody locking me up for selling drugs and somebody giving me the death penalties for selling drugs, I'm definitely gonna say that the death penalty is worse. I'm gonna take that time, right because a lot of the drug dealers that got locked up for the crime, but they.
Speaker 2: Home now, right, they home now. They they don't serve their time, they don't changed their ways. They moving on.
Speaker 3: They they're able to look back on their life even though they lost they lost time in their life, you know, but they did they committee crimes and they might have had excessive time.
Speaker 2: But once you give somebody the death penalty, they.
Speaker 3: Ain't coming back. So I'm trying to figure out why y'all had all of this smoke for the crime bill, and y'all had all of the smoke for Kamala because she was locking people up they were selling drugs.
Speaker 2: But you don't got nowhere at all.
Speaker 3: And you telling me these people that were saying, Yo, you know, I'm not with no no prosecutor locking people up. Man, I'm you know, I'm with Trump, but you ain't. You ain't saying nothing about the death penalty for drugs. Now you're saying people need to stop selling drugs?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And what makes it really really serious? And I don't have anything more to share, But the thing that is really serious is that Trump also when he was in office and it will continue now, and he put a number of federal judges on the main thing. Then in this when he becomes president again, he will have the Supreme Court. He also well, he has the Senate, and he may potentially it's looking closer and closer like he may have the Congress, right or have Congress. Because I always have to remind myself and others the Congress. The Congress is the Senate and Congress together. But the Senate and Congress are two separate entities, so he will have all of that, plus the federal judges that he's placed on the bench all around this nation. Okay, so when you sold the bagawed, or your son or your nephew or your friend sold the bagawed, maybe got caught with.
Speaker 1: You know, something that they shouldn't have had.
Speaker 4: Sure, they shouldn't have had it, but people do deserve second chances.
Speaker 1: Now you're telling me that the court.
Speaker 4: System under his control, with his judges that don't have to have any care whatsoever about you as a good kid, free pooky, none of that. They can convict you and then send you on this path towards towards the death penalty. And you're telling me that that makes more sense to you than somebody else who was saying, we need to figure out how to help you get a home and help you build generational wealth and help you find ways to not need to sell drugs or do drugs or what have you. It doesn't make sense to me at all. And I think when people get an opportunity to understand what that trifecta plus the courts looked like, which means the White House and the Senate and the Senate in Congress, and then of course your federal judges when they have an opportunity to see.
Speaker 1: How it looks.
Speaker 4: It is that there are no controls, are no guardrails. There is no one there who will be able to say, well, you know, we're not going to vote for that because we don't you you might be saying, I don't agree with X y Z thing. You would hope that there is some body of government that can stop it. But now he has the ability to push his ideology through. And guess what most of the things that he is speaking of in this last press conference are or in the last speech that he made, these are all things pulled directly from Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Listen, man, I'm I'm not here to continue to debate about these things. Were gonna am We're gonna because I'm not debated.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm going to talk about it, but I'm not going to debate.
Speaker 3: I'm going to We've already we got the president that we have and we're gonna watch the cards for what they made. Like we said before, until freedom gonna be outside, we was gonna fight whoever was the president.
Speaker 2: You know, we we we.
Speaker 3: Realized that one was gonna be a hard upon it, and we got the hard opponent, but we ain't giving up the fight.
Speaker 2: But I just want as these four years.
Speaker 3: Progressed, the people who made these decisions, like this decision that tried to tell me that the crime bill was something, but death penalty ain't. I just want you to constantly just take a look in the mirror every every day.
Speaker 2: These as these you know, these.
Speaker 4: Stephen Miller being being a name to his deputy chief of staff, and this.
Speaker 1: Man is a raging race but they all raging racis.
Speaker 4: And I think Stephen Miller is something. I hear what you're saying, something different. I'm just telling me it.
Speaker 3: Ain't nothing different. This is this is the house that Trump built. Trump came back for revenge.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That man then came here for revenge, and he gonna put cases on all you.
Speaker 2: That's what he gonna do. Man.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna let y'all know man, y'all wanted Trump, y'all got Trump.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: With that said, I'm not gonna always be right, but I know I'm right about Trump and Tamika marriage. And I can always be wrong, but we will both always and I mean always, be authentic.
Speaker 1: Please, I'm Tamika D. Mallory and the ship Boy my Son a general. We are your host of t M I.
Speaker 3: Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, motivation and inspiration.
Speaker 1: New name, new energy, same O US