Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three twenty episodes.
Speaker 2: Hey We're Rusty.
Speaker 1: Season three twenty episode three turns guys.
Speaker 2: Production of iHeartRadio Heat Back.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep avenue America, share consciousness that it is Wednesday, January tenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one ten, two minutes, one tenth. Not just a great freeway, but also the day we celebrate house Plane this house plan appreciates this plane, appreciate National Oysters Rockefella Day. It's also a Fella cuts your energy cost Day, which feels like it feels like some weird shir. They're like, just it switched to twisty light bulbs rather than demanding you know that the grid is updated so we can use more renewvals. I don't know National Bittersweet Chocolate Day. And also Save the Eagles Day. I don't know if that is for our nation or fans of Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: It was about the Philadelphia Eagles in the season they're having. They're really old boy.
Speaker 2: Folks, are the folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made it of the playoffs, but they are like in free fall. These eagles not flying.
Speaker 2: Pre falling, pre falling.
Speaker 1: Uh. My name is Jack O'Brien, aka, I hate this shin gold pack? Why did you put my bacon in that? I hate this shint gold pack? Why did you put that bacon in that? That is courtesy a Fighter of the Nightman to the tune of Cush by Drey and Snoop, a song that I don't think i'd ever heard somehow, but yeah, land Speed record per turnaround on an AKA. I talked about bacon shingle packaging on yesterday's episode that ship was up on the discord.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what you know? Yeah, the shingle packing, that's yeah, I know what you mean. Like, wait, as opposed to what hell are you gonna get it? When they just put the one block that's pre slicely just peeling.
Speaker 1: I was pitching roll of tape, just do it like a roll of tape, Just get a piece of their time.
Speaker 2: That's when it gets so stretched out.
Speaker 1: But the shinkle pack is I just I want it to be resealed. You know, it's just it's a fucking mess in there. Yeah, Like that's true, Like they're just they haven't. I feel like they're like one away, like the shingle pack. Overall, fine, it's okay to be in that form, but like it's just it gets so loose and messy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think I think it's flopping. I think it's kind of like they do that so they you're convinced there's more bacon in there than there actually is. Yeah, you know what I mean, because whenever you see it, like in the brick that's sliced, you're like, oh shit, that's a lot or that's a little. But see when you fan it out like that, that's like when you have just like a little bit of money, You're like, what if I fan it out? Yeah exactly, because I can't hold it as like a fucking brick, So I'm like, let me fan that out so you could see that there's about thirteen bills.
Speaker 1: Money fan not to be confused with money phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. And what we want is a bacon phone, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Exactly, give me a bacon phone. They say it's also because they want to show off the red part because most of it is fat and everybody, which is good. That's what makes it good, but it's not the thing that looks appetizing. So the shingle pack with the little window package has them to show off the the lean protein and make bacon seem leaner than it actually is.
Speaker 2: Come on, don't kid yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're not there for the yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined once again by my co host, mister Miles Gras.
Speaker 2: It's this. I'm back. Uh, don't make today is jet lag Joe nameath because I could care less about nice sleep struggling right now because I cannot sleep. But you can hear the delirium in my voice. I'm back. It's been I'm very energized. It's been very interesting to watch just the world unfold from a foreign just the distance of being in Asia. Uh, and also real like and also being haunted by like how chaotic my actual media intake is because I was sort of like on a media detox, like cause we're going around, you're showing your kids shit like that, and I just remember like opening YouTube like randomly and just seeing like the kinds of videos that like the album was like, this is the kind of shit you're watching? And I was like it just felt like it was just screams coming from my laptop, like, oh no, this is a little void. Yeah, I'm trying to I'm trying to maintain some semblance of that, obviously while still being able to be on top of everything that happens. But I am realizing that I can actually go after a different kind of media in my off time that isn't nearly like when I'm entertaining myself. I don't have to entertain myself with people getting knocked the fuck out or people is screaming at each other, which just happens on my feet all the time.
Speaker 1: They're taking a nice rest. Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant comedian, writer, producer you can find in the book We Had a Little Real Estate Problem, the unheralded story of Native Americans and comedy. She's the host and doer of the extremely popular all Native stand up comedy show Good Medicine Comedy, headed to New York in February.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, check out those dates. It's Jackie.
Speaker 4: Who so excited to be so it's always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: So happy it's you today, you know, I'm like, it's Jackie. Yes, Jackie, you.
Speaker 5: Could be jet lagged and hang around Jackie, come as you are.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. That's a great one.
Speaker 1: That's about the team struggling Aircadian rhythm struggling.
Speaker 2: I did start using an app that was built like to be like NASA. People use it, and like, while there is some useful things in it, part of me is like this could have been a Reddit post that I followed.
Speaker 1: Now, some people used cocaine. According to this Wall Street Journal article getting Space, their number one partner for transporting astronauts to the Space station uses cocaine. Okay, okay, I I the NASA brand is very strong.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I found out that like twenty six minutes is deemed by NASA astronauts to be the ideal NAP length, And I set my alarm for twenty six minutes for like a year before I was like that actually doesn't work for me, Like sometimes I need thirteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm actually having health problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but yeah, the NASA brand, for some reason, we're like, I want to sleep like an astronaut.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, their whole thing is like we like they like we use these principles to help astronauts like get their circadian rhythms like back in order once they come back from space and shit like that, where it's not like you know, a night and day kind of environment. So I'm like, oh, okay, okay, okay, but like a lot of it just sort of like, I mean, it's helpful and that it'll tell you don't use caffeine at these times, actually use caffeine at these times, or be like you need fucking sunlight right now. Don't wear fucking sunglasses because essential for your brain to understand that it's daytime because you're moving time zones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was something I just started hearing the like people talking about regulating where when you're wearing sunglasses. Yeah, which, wait, I have noticed, like I can't sometimes it's like too sleepy. I'm too sleepy to wear sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wait, what do you mean it's there too outside And you're like, no, I'm sleepy, I don't want sunglasses.
Speaker 1: No, I need wake my ass up. Yeah yeah, I need to like know that it's daytime and right out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I look right at the sun. That's how I know I'm alive.
Speaker 1: And wide open, just.
Speaker 4: It is there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I'm tearing, I know that I'm getting the vitamin D.
Speaker 2: I need, you know, my optometris and ophtalmologists.
Speaker 5: Say, yeah, what NASA says, looking right at the sun. Yeah, so we're doing over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean like it's I mean, it's it's again. It's interesting because it gives you like little sort of nuggets of like being like, this is why it's important to have sun here, et cetera, et cetera. So right now, I'm in my caffeine use phase of the day, which I don't normally drink caffeine, but I've been, you know, just having some tea here and there and awesome coffee later to keep this thing going because we've got nine shows.
Speaker 4: You're in previous Sorry you have you have nine?
Speaker 1: No nine on Tuesdays, real quick. We have nine every week, I think.
Speaker 4: So you guys are doing that.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: I have my own podcast and I record one episode of season.
Speaker 2: There you go, we got all I would try, and we would just do a very long episode if we did that. Could you imagine that we have to cram like three months worth of news into one episode. Yeah, it's like it's a thirty six hour episode.
Speaker 4: There you go for long drives?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Jackie, we're going to get to know you a little bit better, and one moment First, we can tell our listeners a couple of things we may or may not be talking about just pending vibes. We may be talking about Elon Musk, Elon Musk's drug you scare because Board is concerned that his erratic behavior is driven by drug use. And then on that subject, we'll talk about sober January, which is something I hear people talking about.
Speaker 2: Sober butt. Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about the NRA grift because that trial is kicking off and Wayne Lapierre just stepped down as the head of the NRA. Did I say MPR before NRA? Yeah, yeah, n R Yeah. NRAs grift is real, and it's barely concealed. It's not they're not even trying to hide that ship.
Speaker 2: I know. We'll talk it's on a strap exactly what?
Speaker 1: Oh you're gonna say something? Yeah, all of that plenty more. But first, Jackie, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's really about.
Speaker 2: Who you are?
Speaker 5: I just searched and you're not saying, I know, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I is that English? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Exactly fore five ooh, exactly, that's exactly what it is. I saw Ali Wong right before Christmas and there's this hilarious joke. I'm not going to give it away obviously because she's working on that, but it was so funny, and my friends and I have just been saying it all fucking week, and I said, yeah, but I was like, what is this? Like why are we saying this? So I had to I had to google it. It's obviously from England and or it's from it's from Britain apparently, like I don't know. In fifteen hundred, it used to be Gaelic, basically saying there's like a tasty British man somewhere around here.
Speaker 1: That sounds that sounds like us, that sounds the Irish always just eating the British. Yeah, victimizing the British. The Irish.
Speaker 5: You know, absolutely, it's a good diet. It's really it's really heavy and fiber, not really good on spicy.
Speaker 1: Nowhere they projecting on the Irish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know they'll eat us, they'll eat us. Why, oh my god, they'll you don't know, we have to eat all their potatoes. We don't even do nothing.
Speaker 1: But FuMB is just a fucking great open wait, Like, yeah, clarify could you just say five foux FuMB and you knew it, like, ooh, there's some tasty.
Speaker 2: Around, is that?
Speaker 5: Like that's the idea because it's from It's from Jack and the bean stock, and so it's like I smell the botons of an englishman. I don't know, there's a whole rhyme kind of situation that happens.
Speaker 4: But the idea is that.
Speaker 1: How the blood is the one that I always heard grow And that's like scary to think of something, but that also true, Like mosquitos can smell your blood.
Speaker 2: So that's a that's a.
Speaker 1: Real piece of likevy fact from nature that made it into my childhood brain.
Speaker 5: So that's that's what I was That's what I was looking up. It's it's a hilarious joke, but I can't say more because I don't want to give it away. I appreciate, but it was so good to see her because she's reflecting on like her divorce and stuff like that and sort of like her new boot, which you guys probably saw.
Speaker 4: Oh god, hater the two of them just like creative.
Speaker 2: Our house hater wong.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, goodness, I'm so behind.
Speaker 4: I'm like really not behind you don't know.
Speaker 1: You didn't know.
Speaker 2: I love my brain, like like right before Christmas and then I got back, I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like Donald, this is like years old kicking it and we've talked about it on the show before.
Speaker 2: I think, oh really, look okaye, look like I said, I'm jet like Joe Namath, Okay, my rhythm were all fucked up. I know what's going on. But I do like with that rhyme though, It's like if you said it like in America, it would be fee five four fum, I smell the blood of an english Man, like I feel like as as kids, it was always read to us as English money, you.
Speaker 4: Know, englishman, I smell the blood of an Englishman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On a date with Olivia Mon, Yeah, there's always to approach.
Speaker 1: That we've all been there. Yeah, another common super couple, you.
Speaker 4: Know another Yeah, she's so hot.
Speaker 1: Serving cunt. Like that's the question that I think we all need.
Speaker 2: Five full fum. This nursery rhyme is serving.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now someone's gonna pick that up and do it.
Speaker 2: It's got to.
Speaker 5: I want to see a drag performance. Where is the opening line? And then you like see someone you know.
Speaker 2: And it's like kunk cunt exactly.
Speaker 4: Five five full full.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I see, I already see that this is taking over all the ball battles.
Speaker 2: We can see it happening already.
Speaker 1: It's just a great opener, though, What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Grad school? Grad School's overrated, guys, I'm you might be jet lagged, Joe Namath, I am just over it. I went to grad school about a decade ago, and I'm still paying on it. And that's the part that like really bums me out. And I really have a big issue with the Department of Education. You guys suck the Department of Education. Like I was working for local government for a decade basically so that I could write off the remainder of my student loan debt.
Speaker 4: And I'm not there yet.
Speaker 5: I'm just just just shy of being able to write it off. And so it's just a bummer, Like how much it dictates your life when you take on student loan debt. Like if I were to get married, for example, all of a sudden, my income goes up and now the student you know, the Department of basically the student loans will charge me more monthly. It's just such a monkey on my back, a fucking thorn in my side, And I'm just like, why did I go I do comedy?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: What the fuck was I Like? I did a whole you know.
Speaker 1: Degree to stand up. You didn't get a PhD in stand up comedy.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 5: I didn't go to Clown College and go as far as I could go with all their classes.
Speaker 4: No, I just anyway.
Speaker 5: So I'm just I'm at a point right now where if anyone is telling me that they're considering grad school, I want to sit them down and be like, Okay, you know, let's really talk about why you want to do this, because it's such a it's such a financial commit men. And I know plenty of people who went to grad school for whatever, maybe they went to law school, maybe they went to go get an MSW, and they're not even working in those areas anymore. So I'm just like, I don't know. I was raised on like education is the way to like access, you know, like you know, it's a way to like to like build generational wealth and all these different things like.
Speaker 4: Exactly upward mobility exactly.
Speaker 5: And I just feel like on the receiving end of like these seven percent, you know, like APRS for my student loans.
Speaker 4: I'm just like it's yeah, it's fuck.
Speaker 5: Good man, because once you get it, once you go into do you get a professional degree, they don't really have a lot of like financial aid available when you're doing undergrad and you're getting your BA or something like that, Yeah, sure there's a lot of resources. But the moment you're like getting a professional degree, which is what I did, a master's in urban planning, it becomes just like it's like, oh, well, you're going to make money in this industry, so we're not really going to help you out.
Speaker 4: So there's just less resources available.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I'm just like people people out here are like thinking it's another way towards mobility, and I'm like, hey, why don't we why don't we talk about this. It's a lot of money, Like I'm on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to float upward when you are way down with death. That motion can be completely stifled by that when you got Cause, like I have friends who are in the same thing where like they had a career and something they felt really passionate about, and then at a certain point they're like, you know, like I'm actually really into this completely other thing, Like I only got a BA in history because like the same thing like my family, Like you have to eat, like I don't know what, you don't know what this world could bring you. But if you have this degree, like more doors can open. But in the back of my mind, I always knew I was gonna do something with just being creative or being in comedy or something like that. So I never it never struck me to keep going with that. For you, did you like have that in your mind, like maybe I'll do something you are really focused, You're like, no, this is it. I'm like urban planning, this is where I'm going. This will be my life and then things change or how did that play out for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I I found myself good at what I did. You know, that's the problem. Like the moment that you're good at something, especially if you're in local government, everybody like you get raises, you get like so I was doing really well in my career. I was constantly you know, getting raises, getting promoted, but I was just disconnected from it. And I would go do like a I would do like an amazing show and get like a standing ovation like I would just produce my own shit, and then I would go back to work on Monday, like, oh, like this is so lame, Like I'm sending emails and writing, I'm working on a PowerPoint right now, right And I just felt I just felt so disconnected to the mission, you know, and I and I'm as a producer and as a creative. I definitely support and want to continue supporting small businesses. That's still part of like my DNA, you know, but like I don't necessarily need to be the person working on that, like I had been for so long. So I don't know, I just I feel like it's one of those things where I think a lot of people jump in jumped into grad school, especially like right after eight, because they were like, well, the job market sucks right now, we're in the middle of recesion.
Speaker 4: That's what I did. I started school and we're not ready.
Speaker 2: We're not ready.
Speaker 1: Actually, actually, could you go back. We're we're not ready, We're don't don't come out now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I was like, let me get skilled up real quick, and let me go ass up in debt and then.
Speaker 4: Up up.
Speaker 1: Mother mother mother mother.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We actually just had a somebody on to talk about the Sandwich generation, the how a lot of Americans are going to be taken care of their elderly relatives and young young people at the same time, and the dependency ratio of it all. But Diana Law her overrated was just like going to college in general, because you know, she spends all this time looking at people's finances and like the financial situation they find themselves in towards the end of you know, like at these difficult, volatile times of their wives and be in debt is really not what you need at those times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, not at all. And they went around saying that, like student loan debt is good debt. And back in twenty nineteen, I was like seriously considering buying a condo. I was like, all right, let's go do this, and the broker ran my numbers and was like, hey, you're in great shape. You've got great credit, and you have good income and a study job all that fun stuff. Yeah, your student loan debt is like way too high, so your debt to income ratio is just not good. So go ahead and pay off some debt and get back to me. And I'm like, bro, I can't get Yeah, So anyway, I'm just I'm just bitter, and the stupid US Department of the Federal Department of Education was.
Speaker 4: Like, student loans are back to being paid.
Speaker 5: You're on track, good job, you know, And I'm like, can I get this written off already? I'm done. I'm tired. I just want to go joke for living, you know what I mean, Like, let me go tell jokes for a living. Get off my ass. So anyway, that's me think really really hard, guys, if you do want to go to grad school, like, let's talk about what this really is, like paying it back because I'm ten years out and shouldered with debt.
Speaker 4: My god.
Speaker 1: Anyway, as though it's a thing that costs that much money, you know, it's not magic money. It's the it is. Actually, Yeah, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: It's just so important, like just in general for young people to like really kind of take the time to think about, like what is what you want to do, because again, especially for elder geriatric millennials like us, we were fed a steady fucking diet of like, oh you want the fucking car, Oh you want a house, Oh you want you want that life. You've got to go to college, you gotta go get this kind of degree, that kind of degree, and there are many other ways to obtain like an income that can provide you a life that you want. And then at a certain point, like you may get disillusioned, as I was because I graduated in two thousand and seven from college. And also, right, the fuck is all this shit about? Like what the fuck was it all for? And yeah, it took a while for me to like embrace what I really wanted to do. So give yourself some time if you can. I know it's not easy, and that's not all possibility for everybody, but so much of that is like and I just want to.
Speaker 4: I want to add one more layer to that. You brought it.
Speaker 5: You brought that up and I and I remembered myles, you know, and I grew up in a working class community in the Bay and like it for communities of color, it's always sort of touted as this way of social mobility, you know, and it's this like education is like this thing. But the reality the situation is unless you have family support, like unless there's like financial support, like you're essentially taking out all this debt on your own, you know, And so you know, college can cost one hundred and twenty plus thousand, depending on So it's one of these things where it's like, hey, you're a person of color and you want to like increase your chances of economic mobility in future, like go ahead and go to school. But the systems are created for people who have support, and if you don't have that, you will be you will. And so I think it's just like so many there's so many generations, like like, I feel like there's a lot of elder millennials like myself that are like, we got sold that and we're still paying for it, you know, And so that's something also to consider that it's it's it's also implicating communities of color even more so. So anyway, that's uh, yeah, that's my downer guys, allright' starting off the new year with some bitterness.
Speaker 2: That's actually one of the least downer, downer things that could be uttered about this year or so fear. So, Yeah, we're doing great, We're doing great.
Speaker 4: We're doing great.
Speaker 1: What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: This is really silly, But I was watching a steady diet of all these holiday rom coms, and I just love the holiday and I think like people don't talk about enough. They're always in conversations about love actually, and the Holiday is just sweet and lovely and it's just I don't know it's from it was I think it came out in two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wins lit.
Speaker 5: Kate Winslet and Diaz, Cameron Diaz, Yeah, and Jude Jude motherfucking law Okay.
Speaker 2: Say his name right exactly and Jude motherfucking law lah.
Speaker 5: It's just a sweet It's just a sweet movie and I love that. The love story so basically, Kate Winslett is living in England in love with a man. He's a dick, and he like ends up getting engaged and doesn't tell it, doesn't tell her what's happening. So she's all devastated because this is the man she loves who doesn't love her back. And then Cameron Diaz finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her. Anyway, they do this like housing swap thing, which doesn't check out safety wise, but it was, you know, for the premise of the of the movie. But they swap houses and then they fall in love while they're swapping houses. So Kate Winslett goes to Little s Angelis and then Cameron Diaz goes to this little cozy cottage in England and falls in love with the brother of her the house swap Lady. It's really sweet. Jack Black is in it. There's like a beautiful musical score sort of theme that underwrites the whole thing. And what I loved the most about it was Kate Winslett's neighbor or is this elderly screenwriter from like the heydays of like the golden Hollywood type of times, and he's a sweet old man, and so I love how her love story is really about finding love through sort of helping some elderly man kind of find his confidence.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I was like, no.
Speaker 5: One talks about this movie and it's great, so I am.
Speaker 2: I feel like this was kind I saw so many write ups actually about the holiday this year really okay, maybe because everyone was like, shut the fuck up about love. Actually there's a new fucking cunt in town and it's the fucking holiday, and I think and a lot of people were talking about a just like the just a huge uptick and interest from like gen Z and like younger millennials, and then also other people being like it's actually mid as fuck so like people like there's like again, it's it's it's basically I think a lot of people saying it's starting to replace love actually as being a movie you can fucking tug and pull and argue about over. But I get it, Like you know, people, it's we love the nostalgia. We love very simple.
Speaker 5: You gotta watch it. It's really sweet. I mean, there are some annoying trophy things with the women, but whatever, or I not that I'm going to look past it, but like I'm not looking to this to like set the example for what women should be doing in relationship. But you know, it's just it's it's silly and fun. And the thing is that Cameron Diaz's character can't cry, and they set up that thing as like her issue at the start of the movie.
Speaker 4: Hard Hollywood lady, you can't cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got to be able to cry.
Speaker 5: Well, if she loves her eyes, maybe she will. Du there is sweet, It's cute.
Speaker 4: I like it a lot. And I was just like, this movie is so solid.
Speaker 1: And they invented airbnb before they didn't, Yes, exactly, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about it's been too long, my.
Speaker 3: Man, Little Tobe, and we're back.
Speaker 1: And richest human being on the planet, richest person maybe in the history of the planet. Elon Musk. There's a Wall Street Journal article detailing his like drug use concerns by his board that he's using drugs, but they they report very confidently that he's like constantly going to parties and like doing LSD and cocaine. And it's it's kind of it's kind of weird to like see people talk about an adult like this and be like, we think he's doing drugs. Like it's a it was really like written in the like hushed tones of like a like a high school gossip, like a mom in high school, like you know, mother of a high school students, Like I think they're doing drugs at these parties?
Speaker 2: Are they? You can tell me, I'm a cool mom.
Speaker 1: But yeah. People close to Musk, who is now for fifty two, which that is necessary to point out, said his drug use is ongoing, especially as consumption of ketamine, which is becoming very popular. Illegal drug use would likely be a violation of federal policies that could jeopardize SpaceX's billions of dollars in government contracts. Musk is intrinsic to the value of his company's potentially putting at risk around one trillion dollars in asset ruled by investors, tens of thousands of jobs in big parts of the US space program. His response was like, I've been getting It reminded me of actually of like when Lance Armstrong, like when people were like, we think he might be doing like illegally doping and he was like, yeah, I'll tell you what I've been on. You think I've been on drugs. I've been on my rear end, on the bike every morning, working my butt off. Zelon Musk was like, they haven't found a trace of any drug in my system for all three years since I smoked, Like I guess when he smoked a joint on the Joe Rogan Show. It was like a big deal. Like SpaceX had to like take all these meetings with NASA, and NASA was like, are you guys like a drug company?
Speaker 2: Is that? Is that what you are?
Speaker 1: So the way to be. He started having to like do random drug tests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like from his own company, like please exactly, I haven't popped on a single drug test. The company that I own gave me that could put trillions of dollars at risk? Kidding? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: No, no way, he could have fulled a random drug test issued by his company to him the richest, most powerful man in the world by a number of people who would stand to lose a fortune if he failed. You No, that seems full proof to me. I can't see how he would.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, oh my god, it's just But also like it's the Wall Street Journal too, so you know, there's like this element of financial hit piece where it's like people who want Musk out of these companies too, or like being like, hey, yeah, no, is this your king? Maybe if he left the company that might be better because putting a trillion dollars at risk? Right yeah, but yeah, Like I'm not here to side with the Elon Musk at all, but it's nice to see.
Speaker 1: I feel like this article is wildly unfair to drugs because he does like such whack shit on drugs, like he so the article like talks about this meeting. Seriously, leave drugs alone. Elon Musk. First of all, leave drugs alone because.
Speaker 2: You're going to lose a lot of drubs.
Speaker 1: But there is this one good story where they say people around Musk long ago became accustomed to his volatile behavior. Some SpaceX executives who had long worked with him, however, noticed a change. At a company event in late twenty seventeen, hundreds of SpaceX employees gathered around Mission Control at the rocket company's headquarters in Hawthorne, California, in anticipation of Musk, who was nearly an hour late to arrive at the all hands meeting about the company's latest rocket. When he finally took the stage, Musk was strangely inc apprehensible at times. He slurred his words and rambled for about fifteen minutes, according to executives and attendance, and referred repeatedly to SpaceX's Big Falcon rocket prototype, which was known as BFR as big fucking rocket.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So but you like big fucking rocket? Yeah great? What yad are you saying? Okay, okay, look, oh sure, you waited an hour. People who went to see Lauren Hill had to wait a lot longer than that.
Speaker 3: Exactly, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So let's let's keep things at perspective.
Speaker 1: It's just like such boring sh to do well on drugs. He like gets high and makes terrible jokes and speculates about stuff to do with like where he's going to put his money.
Speaker 4: Right, like, bro man, Yeah, how boring.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's giving succession in that it's like planting an idea out there, like you know, like we want to you know, like it's kind of shaping me.
Speaker 4: I'm not that I'm not in defense of Elon at all, by the way.
Speaker 5: No, but like it's really shaping this narrative of like oh no, he's income prehensible, and it's it's interesting. I'm here for it actually, And I think it's hilarious that he like gets gets high and then goes to an all hands on deck meeting, like how fucking it's most people want to go out and party and he's like, no, no, no, let's go talk about this big fucking rocket.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like, drugs just give you the same Drugs don't change your personality. They just give you the same personality, just like more so you know, and like he has a bad personality. He has like a terrible sense of humor, and so he just like is doubling and tripling down on all of those things. Like when he's on drugs and it's.
Speaker 4: That's got to be really unfun to be around him.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: Honestly, when he's on drugs, like it's like, oh god, he's on got to go.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would probably have a fucking existential crisis being high near him. I'd be like, Yo, this guy is a fucking destroyer of worlds, and like his joke not funny, like, and he's trying to get me to laugh and like and I'm like fake laughing because I don't know what the fuck out. I don't know how the fuck I got here.
Speaker 4: It would send people down. Yeah, they would have a bad.
Speaker 1: Trick LSD with Elon Musk.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine I would?
Speaker 2: There's no way. I mean that's the other thing is like, how the fuck again? No one, no one of our way of thinking, would ever be like yeah. And then you know, he brought out some tabs of acid and I said, yeah, fuck it, like.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, fucking man with I mean, when are you going to get the chance to do acid with Elon Musk brother? Anyways, if I want to get dropped in the same friolater as the Musk Man, dude, I'm making that chann he off An emails company lieutenants in the middle of the night and hosts work meetings at midnight. Vacation is a strong word for me. It is email with a view and then like the that new Elon Musk biography talks about how he goes into like demon mode, where he like enters into a state of intense fury and frequently like lashes out its employees and executive so cool man that it sounds.
Speaker 4: Fund mental illness.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, way to brand your abusive behavior is just demon mode. Trading dude, I went full demon mode on their ass. Bro, you know you know how I go, bro, shit, My boy got beast mode. You know what I mean, demon.
Speaker 4: Mode, demon mode.
Speaker 1: These kids talk about goblin mode. I got demon mode. Yeah, it's it's just really it's a little crying.
Speaker 2: And I threw a fucking iPad at my assistant's head like a frisbee. That motherfucker had to get eighteen stitches on the back of their dome piece because I went to a demon mode.
Speaker 5: I think there's people who really think, like, oh, it's a sign of brilliance that he is emotionally unwell and bursts.
Speaker 1: Well that's the thing. Yeah, I mean there hasn't been a CEO who openly like embraced the drug side of rock star, right like, and but that's how they're treated, So like I could see this being a new thing that like he they're they're just being treated as if they can do no wrong and that every like bad piece of behavior is like part of like their mystique, and especially him, so like I could see him create ushering in this new horrible era of like CEOs not just like quietly being the worst human beings on earth, but like openly being Yeah, and everyone just like, oh shit, Branson's on one.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, my boy just went demon mode and fucking cut like fourteen thousand jobs. Bro, I was a sick doggy. But it's like, think about how like influential watching people smoke cigarettes was for like our generation and older, like I mean, and then his behavior now like whatever this is putting out there for younger people who hopefully don't aspire. I think most people probably turned off by him, like in his behavior, but just seeing how that how that will trickle down culturally, I mean, like it's I mean, you're already seeing it through the fucking website formally known as X but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's too much. He's doing way too much.
Speaker 1: Is too much?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, maybe something you could look into that I'm hearing a lot about in the past week is sober January, hm, dry January whatever, dried January, sober January, sober butt January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a new I mean, not a new thing, but I feel like in the last eight ish five ten years, that's a that's a very wide range. I just quoted right there, but you see that more like because again we know people abstaining from drinking in January, they like gotta give my you know, just give my like my liver a fucking break here, okay in January and get the benefits like again, my liver being less strained, I can sleep better and something called like mental clarity or whatever the fuck. But in this there's a Vice story that's sorting about the rise of the sober butt January. I'm sober, but I've smoking weed and psychedelics and that shit is okay, damn he go away. And like most experts will tell you that, like, it is way better to not be fucked off the booze when taking drugs like combining the two like what that can that don't really cause some problems and that there are you know, certain harm reduction benefits from transitioning off like regular alcohol used to cannabis. But I guess like my larger sort of question as I sit here and ponder things, is how are we like even defining like sort of sobriety these days, Like cause I know that we are, like we're talking about the like you know, is it that we're talking about the original intent of something like a dry January and that you shouldn't be drinking alcohol, you should be completely abstaining from any kind of mood altering or mind altering substances or is it just about like which which thing? Which? What are we going for with this? And like because I'm a regular smoker okay of the weed, but in Japan of the weed of the weed. But in Japan that is a quick way to get in some serious ship, So it's no problem for me. No, Paul McCartney's ass up. They're like, we don't give a fuck what the fucking Beatles were you were fucking around with no no, the fucking lolo, no no no. But like so so for me, I was like, yeah, whatever. Like I'm I'm totally fine not having like THC or like having like sneak edibles or find a vape or some ship like that. And it didn't affect my mood or my sleep. In fact, I had the most vivid dreams I've had in a while and was able to just recall them in the morning and just bore her majesty. I was like, Yo, I just had this one dream. I was DJ Kyley was driving me around like in the tunnels of like some city. Due in my dreams too. Really, I was.
Speaker 6: Like we were we were in a rolls Royce and I was like, yo, you're driving a little two crowds in the back, like yo, stop or like just.
Speaker 1: Random coworkers what his music does to you?
Speaker 2: Man, dude. I had a dream where I had to entertain a dining room full of people with a small dragon toy like that was clearly made for a child. But I had to go around to all the guests and be like, oh, like as I was entertaining my baby or some shit, Oh this is brilliant, this is brilliant, and like, but I was so stressed about keeping the vibe. Yeah, genius, but like so but the other thing. On the other hand, I started drinking alcohol every day like I would have I like, but I wasn't getting pissed or anything, but I like, I don't normally drink during the week or usually most most of the time. But I was having a beer like with all my meals or have like a high ball and things like that, and just like a little nightcap put me in like a nice little Betty Buy mood. So then in my mind, I'm like, what is what is my what is my relationship to weed? Like is it like and by textbook definitions, am I dependent? And I looked at what the New York Times said, and we're like, how do you know if you've smoke with too much weed? And I'm not really ticking those boxes except for the fact that my tolerance is very high. But then it just sort of got me just sort of thinking about when we talk about like we need to have a sober January, is that for like just for our own ego or for our own ability to say like we have some control. But then we immediately just sort of shift a lot of the way. It was like sober, but I'll be off the mushrooms every day, like so again, this is all part of like we're definitely in this transitional period or just in a phase where we talk about this on the show all the time, Like more and more younger people are not then into getting absolutely fucked up drinking or flying off the cocaine like it's the eighties or something. And I'm like, so, I'm like, what do all these things mean now, especially as we're in like an era where we have like deeper and more nuanced understandings of things like chemical or substance abuse, dependency and like sobriety sort of what does are all mean? Are we do we need to say these things? Or is it just about taking care of ourselves? And not to knock anybody that's doing it, but like the terminology, we have so much terminology. I'm like, I'm like, what where? What is What is the thing we're ultimately trying to land on.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the Yeah, in the beginning, I think it was all about your liver, right, because everybody was talking about how much drinking they do in the holidays. I think a ton during the holidays, there's always like a party or a get together, and I don't, to be honest, like I don't. I don't really do drugs. I'm kind of lame in that way. But I'm surrounded It's I'm a comic. I'm surrounded by people who are on one sometimes or you know, it's or yeah, exactly and yeah, it'll I'll be sitting next to someone who's about go up, who's yeah, I'm fully on trims right now, and they are hitting, and then I'm like, how the hell do you go out and get on that set? And you know, people are used to it, right, but I'm so used to so many people who are like, oh, I'm sober, And then I fully will see them smoking weeds. So it's like that that like California sober. You know where you smoke, you know, you smoke on it too, and you'll be doing some lightweight you know, shrooms, do a little bit of micro dosing on the weekends, that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I I'm not sober during January, Yeah, I already because I've had like my sister's birthdays at the beginning of the year. I've got a couple of birthdays in the month of January. There's always outings and stuff, and I don't feel like I do enough. I drink enough to like necessitate me like like taking a break.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm curious, like what you know, because like is it? Is it purely because like for some people it's like they this gives like some semblance of control. It's like yeah, and I can completely switch that off, but then I'd be doing Keneeden all day, That's what I'm saying. But so I'm trying to knock you. I'm not trying to knock that because I'm I find myself. I was like, well, you know, I didn't have I wasn't smoking weed, But then I also found another thing that was kind of giving me a little bit of a good feeling. It wasn't it wasn't to the point where I'm taking it where I'm like, yeah, man, I don't know where my baby is right now. You know, like that sounds like a y P, babe. Yeah, yeah, that sounded like a DBP. That baby problem, not mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I used to quit drinking for lent every once in a while. Usually it was because something and like not because it was just like my family when I was growing up would always give something up for lent. Sure, And so that made sense because I was like sober curious, you know, and because sometimes I would I would smash my like one time, I think the first time I did it, I had recently gotten too drunk and smashed my face on the pavement. Oh, I tripped over a fire Oh what's it called, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fire hydrants over one of those my own shoes.
Speaker 1: Basically, I tripped over a fire hydrant and didn't put my hands down to kill myself. Smashed fucking smashed my face off, bro. And then was like at work, I was like I was playing basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so then I quit drinking for like that lent and would do it every once in a while. But then, you know, so I think it's a good thing to try out. Like now I don't drink at all for a number of years, and that's definitely was kind of the only thing for me. Like it got to a point where it wasn't really a decision, but I think I'm glad like I did that, so I knew how Like I knew that I could like hang out with people without without alcohol. What once it was time to get sober. Although when I was younger, I talk about like compensating for a thing. I became like a smoker when I would quit, like not not a weed smoker, like a like cigarette smoker. I mean I lived in New York.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of Cigarett smoking out there, a lot of cigarette smoking.
Speaker 1: But I was like that, this is what I'll.
Speaker 2: Do right right, right right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: Just like I think for myself somehow, no, because I think it is for people who like actually like art thing and like man and maybe I should try to, like this month drink less alcohol, Like I credit to you, like if you find a way to give yourself that kind of positive benefit or a little bit more control of.
Speaker 2: Your life, for sure. But then I feel like then there's just certain times and I think when I see this kind of thing, I'm like, are people just engaging with this sort of disingenuously too where it's like yeah, where it's like, yeah, I'm not drinking alcohol, I'm just not drinking alcohol. Then but also want to say I'm doing like sober January. It's like you don't got to do all that, like you know, if that's just what it is, then just that's what it is. But you don't have to bring in, like I guess, all this branding of it when if in fact, you're like, you know, you can shift other things or what. I don't know. All that to say is I'm just I just found myself sort of like looking about looking at the substances that I consume and like my relationships to them, and I'm just like, I'm you know, in any other case, you'd be like people who are like people who really smoke weed like that, they're like if fucks with their mood when they can't smoke weed, They're like, I can't fucking sleep, I don't fucking eat. But like I said, my dreams are amazing. I ate probably more than I even did when I'm smoking weeds somehow, because I think this is what Japanese food does to you, and it's so cheap that I also had it. I also had another existential crisis when I realized how much we pay for fucking food in the United States, and a tear, many tears came out of the corners of my eyes just getting a pizza.
Speaker 1: So the food is just cheaper, like good food and also cheaper.
Speaker 2: Yes, And look, as I straddle both cultures, American and Japanese, I see the positives and negatives of both, Like you know, we're in Japan, it's very much a monoculture, and you basically the individual is not celebrated, and in fact, you want to stifle that in service of like conformity. So that expresses itself in many other ways where American is so individualistic. It's like we don't give a fuck about each other. And I'm like, well, you know there's a balance there, yeah. But then also like it's also like how things are sort of in Europe too, where food and like getting together with people isn't something that people should be priced out of. Like there's always going to be a place where you can afford to get together your friends, get something to eat, if you want to have a beer or whatever, soda, whatever, all that shit is very affordable and it's not like man like I can't I can't even afford to go out anymore, like how things are in the US. So for example, like you can get like locally, there'll be like a person who just makes sushi, not like a restaurant, but just kind of has stuff that you can grab and go and like take to a friend's house and things like that. There was like a rice bowl, like a dombootie as we call it. That was on top fifty percent total okay, fatty tuna, that's the tuna belly, and then the other half was equal to the salmon row. Those are kind of like higher priced items, like when you have sushi that fucking bowl, like just to grab a goat to go was eight dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice the fuck.
Speaker 2: And like if you saw it, like when her masking were just looking at you and we're like, man, this shit would be fucking forty six dollars in LA And I get that there's like importing it in that cost that those costs associated, but even like when you go to like a regular restaurant, like things are like even something that's quote unquote higher end, the amount that you could actually consume for the amount that you're spending is like very different. And yeah, you just sort of begin to see those things. You're like, God, we just like consumers are just so like there's just no regard for consumers and how they live their lives in the United States because it's purely like there's no culture about being like, well, these things like should be available to everyone rather than like.
Speaker 1: They gave us too much money during the pandemic.
Speaker 2: That's right, caused too expensive, right, and now we must make line go hockey stick from hell up like just right angle itchy double hockey stick. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's a great investment.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 4: I lived in England for a period of time, but this is like maybe five a little over five years ago, and I remember going out to eat dinner out there was so freaking expensive. But it made sense though, because when you went to the grocery store's food was much more of it was much more cheaper. So when we'd go out it was like a treat, you know. I remember we went to like a pizza like I think it was even Pizza Hut or Round Table, some American chain, right, and just got a couple of things and it was like fifty dollars, which, well.
Speaker 1: Get all that shit flown in because British people don't know how to make pizza, yes, true.
Speaker 4: And they had they had to put effort on the spices. Anyway.
Speaker 5: It was one of those things where I feel like I'm in England now, like I feel like because we could we could go out and you know, twenty nineteen pre pandemic, we could like go out and have a meal and it would be like I don't know thirty bucks a person. Now I feel like every time I go to braunch, I'm dropping fifty, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just and I'm like, what did I just buy?
Speaker 2: Like I'm dropping you know, it's one hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: It's a minimum.
Speaker 5: Like if you start adding drinks into it, you're looking at one twenty one thirty, you know what I mean. So it's just like I'm starting to feel like like what it used to be, Like, oh, it's a treat. It better be a treat because of how damn much money it is to be eating out these days, you know.
Speaker 2: And even groceries too, And this is something people talk about all the time. And like as I get I see, dude, I've been When I got back and I turned my text message ship back on, like my cellular like you know, my cell plan or whatever, all the text all my cellular data.
Speaker 4: The millennial real quick, all of my.
Speaker 2: Text messages came in, SMS messages had arrived on my cellular telephone, and the amount of fundraising fucking text I was getting like this is the last chance for Joe Biden to stop from destroying democracy again. And then like also seeing the headlines of like people need to be reminded that, like democracy is on the line in this election or whatever. I'm like, y'all are talking about the wrong fucking thing over and over again, because like, like what we're talking about right now, most people are not engaged with politics. Most people are engaged with I gotta go to the store and get fucking fed. I gotta feed my kids. And usually I if I didn't have money to go out and buy some shit or maybe go to like a normal restaurant, then guess what. But McDonald's, taco bell whatever, fast food was an easy way to get everybody fed. And now that shit is also like fast food is now like aspirational and shit, yes, And so to that end, like when I see all that, I'm like, y'all are fucking missing the whole entire point here. Like you can keep talking about like wage growth and shit like that, but people constantly talk about the shit I can get for seventy dollars at the grocery store. It's laughable right now. Yeah, And I don't like and they're why, like, how come the people who have their suits on are standing at the podiums aren't really talking about that. They're talking about, like, why don't you understand how good the economy is, how and what Trump will do in this democracy. I'm like, well, if this democracy and I'm voting for the people that are supposed to help make my life easier are not, then what the fuck is this thing? Just feel like that's what it is, capitalist smoke machine.
Speaker 4: They're not in touch. They're so out of touch like that.
Speaker 5: That's why again back on my rant about the student loan shit, because Biden was like, Oh, we're gonna write that shit off.
Speaker 4: What the fuck Biden do? Nada? Yeah, nada, yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, twenty twenty four was gonna be very fun. As like I was saying in the Predictions episode, all they're gonna do is just scare the shit out of people, and that they don't want to talk about how to fundamentally improve the country. They just want to talk about what that don't know that motherfucker. Oh he's all bad.
Speaker 1: He's all bad every day January sixth, everywhere, if you yeah, exactly, that's what's.
Speaker 2: January two hundred and forty seven aka November eighteenth.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back. And so there's a civil trial being brought by New York Attorney General against the NRA and several of his executives that got underway, I guess yesterday. So basically like the NRA was a bullshit.
Speaker 2: Like wait, hold on, what just I don't even don't even finish it? Wait, all right, finish the sentence and then I'll be so okay.
Speaker 1: One, So, Wayne Lapierre whose name you might recognize, Liken, the NRA was using funds as his own personal piggy bank. He basically squandered money on luxury travel other perks for himselves and family members. Charged with using NRA's funds for more than eleven million dollars worth of private jet flights.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 1: Awarded one hundred and thirty five million dollars in NRA contracts to a vendor who then gave him access to a private yacht and free luxury vacations.
Speaker 2: What is he a Supreme Court justice? What the fuck is this? Living? Big? Okay?
Speaker 1: So, I mean, you know, sometimes people ask the question, how do these people sleep at night very comfortably in luxury yacht?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly to fuck one hundred foot or whatever, the fuck.
Speaker 1: This mother for you, like doctoring invoices, retaliating against board members and executives who questioned his spending.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, just like all.
Speaker 1: The all the shit. He's just like full on, like full blown, pedal to the metal corrupt. Corrupt dude set up a seventeen million dollar contract with the NRA if he were to exit the organization, so his he did have to resign sadly a few days ago and just got seventeen million dollars presumably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he bowed out right before the trial began too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trial just started like yesterday, and a few days earlier. He bowed out, not before putting like racking up a huge shopping spree at Zanya, which he was like, hey, given the fact that it was the face of the brand, like don't don't I have to look good.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love those fucking arguments for overspending or spending like like these people, like I thought you were prettyeting the Second Amendment, they're like the motherfucker that's the name of my jet. Okay, I was protecting that shit with a new code of wax because I don't like to land dusty. But then to say things like well, I have to be on a jet or I have to be on a yacht because I can't do regular people shit because my organization is so corrupt and puts other people at risk constantly that people threaten me. So that's why I must travel in that sense. And it's like, okay, right, I can't do what y'all do, Okay. I like. Also, they called it how he was running as they call it a veritable Wayne's world. They did make it.
Speaker 1: Letitia James did make the call it. Yeah, for a while, the NRA became Wayne's world because he also suggested that a yacht vacation this is even better than the Zinga shopping spree. The yacht vacation he went on was actually a security retreat because he was facing threats after mass shootings, so he's security.
Speaker 2: Oh so not only can I not take regular vacations, but now to decompress after raw ryeing mass shootings, I'm like, I had to get my mind right on a yacht because people were so fucking mad.
Speaker 1: Into fly commercial people are so mad at me about all the mass shootings that I'm partially responsible for.
Speaker 5: I hate that we can't go out to eat dinner. Because it's so damn expensive in this country and it's full just like eleven million dollars.
Speaker 4: It yeah literally, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that gives us something to aspire for kids. You know, shouldn't have gone to college. I should have just been Wayne Lapierre type. It's not too late. It's not too late for my right word turn, but it.
Speaker 1: Does seem like he might have been a overall like a good thing for the world because he was like so fucking corrupt. And now it feels like they're going to be able to make the NRA hopefully just like you know, civil suit the NRA out of existence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll be They'll be pan Am Airlines, right, yeah, you know where people look back remember that summer. Yeah, and people like ironically were like, dude, look at this like iphoned, right.
Speaker 1: That would be great. I doubt like, I'm sure that there's enough some energy on the right.
Speaker 2: Like something else will fill the void instantly. That's how it works usually.
Speaker 1: All right, that is gonna do it for today's episode, Jackie, such a pleasure having you on the show as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you guys can find me at Jackie Comedy on Instagram. That's where I'm mostly at. Actually I'm on Jackie comed Down All Things. Actually, okay, yeah, Instagram is where I'm where I just live. I'm always on that incredible yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Well it's funny because people can't spell my last name, so there was no way I was going to try to use that. I'm like, no one's gonna find me, so I had to just eat Jackie Comedy it. But yeah, but yeah, you guys can find me there, and you can find me in New York City next month. I will be there hosting a producing Good Medicine. We're debuting at the Pearlman Performing Arts Center, which is the new theater in at the World Trade Center, just opened in September. Actually, so PACNYC dot org get your tickets. It's going to be so fun. All native lineup. We've got Jana schmeeting you guys have seen your own Reservation Dogs.
Speaker 4: She plays Bev, which is a hilarious character. You guys should catch the show.
Speaker 5: We've got Bobby Wilson also from res Dogs, Brian Bahi hilarious and was a just for laughs new face, and Adrian Chaalpop plus Yeah exactly, exactly Brian Boddy's amazing, love him, love him great.
Speaker 1: And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yeah, Jeremy Allen White in Calvin Klein, I've just been I have a couple of group chats and we've just been sharing all of his photos the last couple of days.
Speaker 1: So why I don't get it?
Speaker 2: Coolh's wrong with his stomach? I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got like little things in there.
Speaker 2: There's like all these ripples on there.
Speaker 5: You guys are just haters. Don't don't hey, don't hey, just appreciate.
Speaker 2: Oh those are those are abs? My bad. I just didn't know what the fuck that was?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, stop it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this this, this, this Calvin kliinad is is hot and it's funny because you I didn't know this. He's like five seven, which I love, like a normal sized king.
Speaker 1: Is guess five seven, normal size seven?
Speaker 4: Like pretty, he's an average the normal size.
Speaker 5: He's normal sized, i'd say, But yeah, it's you know, he definitely got ripped for that new movie, so he didn't look this fucking like ripped, but you know when he was in Bear, but fucking hot.
Speaker 4: It's just I'm into it.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy, he's got biceps like fucking Christmas hands. Trump would be being like, look at this guy. Wow, ripped. But what people are saying they don't know where his belly button is, That's what they're saying.
Speaker 4: People are like, I see his belly button.
Speaker 1: It's two abs.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, It's just it's just nestled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is so funny because like sometimes you see it the other time you stand up like the abs. This man has such little body fat that like his stomach is like cavernous down the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah wow, Like hot face is like real, I don't know hot, it's hot, but it's all no, it's just Also it reminds me of like the joke of like, you know, models always look like they just smelled something bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like huh what is that?
Speaker 1: And there's one where he's pulling like his ass out of his underwear that I think. I'm like, he's farting, that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh, Like he's letting a fart out the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like okay, yeah, that's a real bro move to do. The like not fart through the underwear, but like on you.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's classic because like bro, I don't like to get fart on my underwear. Yeah, but not on my colvis. I respect these. Now. Let me let me get the butt out a little bit in the back.
Speaker 5: I have clas Okay, I'm trying to objectify him here. You guys are just turning it into its turn.
Speaker 1: Into a human being.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to relate. I'm trying to relate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he makes me insecure. Okay, I have to bring him down.
Speaker 5: I just gotta knock him down a couple of notches, making humbo hard. How hard he's killing it?
Speaker 2: How this picture is like.
Speaker 3: Is like fifty feet tall on Sunset Boulevard right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would take a picture.
Speaker 2: You can see the belly button that one for sure. How much work does it take to fucking look man?
Speaker 1: Anyways, what I'm saying again, sometimes you can just crawl in that belly button and go to sleep.
Speaker 2: In bay Jeremy Allen White fans are of physiologists. Helped me. So I could look like that for maybe ten minutes, and then that I have to start eating, go.
Speaker 5: Back, I got to go back to the regular. This is the I mean, I mean he probably can't. He probably has such a strict diet and he probably has to work out like three times a day.
Speaker 4: There's it's not a fun liody. He's not how fun you know?
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, it's all how we it's all hot. Look different strokes for different folks.
Speaker 1: Could I tell myself? Really interesting that he plays somebody who makes food, because he clearly is not enjoying it.
Speaker 5: He's just he's probably like one of was like he just just chicken and broccoli or something awful like yeah right, chicken.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But now he's riding this wave. So now it's like it's probably makes him feel good, like, okay, it was worth it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean thirst comments. I've never seen thirst manifested in all these different ways in a comment Sectionally, it's.
Speaker 4: Happening you've done something different.
Speaker 1: It's just like reminds me of the Mark Wahlberg era, right, like that was the last time somebody was in a Calvin Klein underwear? I had those like this.
Speaker 4: Such a wave Yeah, no, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. It is like I was saying before we got on mic, like the the the iconic like let me just tease y'all, well, what could be below that hasn't happened since untitled How does it Feel? The music video by.
Speaker 1: D oh Yeah D'Angelo. Yeah yeah, he's bringing it back.
Speaker 2: He's bringing it.
Speaker 4: Back, says the dicklines are deep.
Speaker 2: Seasonal depression is cured. He doesn't even need a belly button and we still slobbery mooji.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I like this one too. Okay, what's stopping men from looking like this?
Speaker 3: Mm? What's your problem? Are you so jealous?
Speaker 2: This is yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyway, this is a nice piece.
Speaker 2: Right I caught that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were, They were canoodling, canoodling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just saying, Miles, where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying? I know you have that one man show with the dragon puppet coming up.
Speaker 2: The one man showed the dragon puppet come into a dining room near you. I will be sweating in a panic. Hopefully that my one dimensional style of entertainment for a baby does appeal to some of the heads of state. I'm telling you, people were in fucking tuxedos in this dream, and it was like the walls were like gold, and I was going around being like and people were like it felt like that when jay Z did that art piece of shit with what's your face of Brahmovic and like in the gallery and shit and just yeah yeah yeah, just like sort of like breaking my whole ship down. I'm like, yo, just watch this. I can make the dragon do a flip like that. Okay, what else you got? You can find me at Miles of Gray wherever they got the at symbols. I try and keep it consistent for you all. Now a tweet I like, look, I opened up Twitter despite all the screams that I could hear in my mind, like this is this might not be the healthiest decision, but I found this a tweet by at no Dumper that tweeted tried watching the Sopranos, but the first word I heard was woke. Turned it off, immediately.
Speaker 3: Woke up this morning. Wow those stupid hm hmm.
Speaker 2: I love it tweets.
Speaker 1: I've been enjoying just a lot, a lot of enjoying these, like cunt mother that, like Kobe Gaman tweeted, she committed human rights violations at Cantanamo. Sleigh Mark Hamill tweeted a picture of him with Natalie Portman and said, now I have finally met my mother thanks to the at Golden globes because she played his mother and the Origin and I sipped tea on your grave, tweeted, I totally forgot she was Queen Amidala. I really thought Mark was doing the whole She swung a light slab in the moss Isley Contina, killing everyone before hopping on the mothership thing. Oh the Internet is still good.
Speaker 2: For yeah, a lot of things.
Speaker 1: For those things, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily's Guys. We're at the Daily es Eye Guys on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeuys dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote note where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well, it's a song that we think you might enjoy, Myles, Is there a song that you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, I was looking on TikTok and see us a lot of times. You start here and check out what is this? Okay, put me onto something new. This is a track by Joey valens Ambray and it's called Hooligang all caps and it's just like kind of it just kind of has like one of those like you know, early odds, kind of like mop energy type beats or sir, although there like lyrics are a little bit more like on the humorous side. So this is Hooligang.
Speaker 1: Check this ship Hoola gang. All right, We will link off to that in the footnotes. Todaily Zais is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we'll talk to you all then Bye bye bye