Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: All Right, everybody, this is going to be a long one. Nick Wright and I talk about everything from Elon Musk to travel plans, NBA, NFL our relationship. It's a long one, but I want to start with a rant, A football rant presented by Netflix's quarterback.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the NFL standings before I came on today, and when you look at the quarterback position in the NFL, we don't have unrealistic expectations for rookie quarterbacks. I think all fans are reasonable that it's hard and you're going to be overwhelmed. Even Joe Burrow overwhelmed early. And there's not a ton of pressure on the people that are at the top of the food chain. Josh Allen, we know what he is. Lamar Jackson got paid, Jalen Hurtz did. I don't think they're in pressurized situations. And I also don't believe Dak and Kirk cousins. Again, most people see them as good B plus quarterbacks. I don't think they face like more than just week to week, Sunday to Sunday pressure. And as I looked over perused the standings of the NFL, I thought there was really only two quarterbacks that I felt like there was a lot of pressure on them, and pressure I would define as they are viewed by a certain group, perhaps small, as much more talented than their current production is exhibiting. And let me give you an example, justin fields. I think he faces real pressure because I think people in Chicago and a lot of people in the media think, based on highlights, not overall beginning to end game production, that he's a massive talent. And I just think he's talented. But at this point, I think he's a sixty to forty hit and a forty sixty failure slightly more than fifty to fifty. I think it works, and I think it mostly works because I think he now has two productive receivers, perhaps three with Claypool cross your fingers, two productive tight ends. A middle of the pack, but better than people think O Line and Luke Gets. He's an excellent oc young, smart guy from Green Bay. But I think of all the quarterbacks in the league, people would say, what about Aaron Rodgers, And my takeaway was, they're gonna win somewhere between nine and twelve games. Playoffs are not, He's a Hall of Famer. They'll be better everybody gets it. Will they be great? Probably not. But somewhere between nine and eleven twelve games is where Aaron's gonna land. He knows it, the Jets know it, and we all know it. That's not pressure. Justin Fields is different because he shows flashes of brilliance. This is the year that bears ownership and front office and probably co which is make a decision on by Thanksgiving he's the guy or not. So I feel like Justin Fields faces the most pressure in the NFL as a quarterback. You could name anybody. Jared Goff, He's been to a Super Bowl, he's been paid. We know what he is. A B plus quarterback, Trevor Lawrence, He's excellent. There's no pressure in Jacksonville. He got to the playoffs last year. But Justin Fields there is a group of people that think he's a tremendous talent. And whereas Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson went from just talented pivoting to also very good pocket quarterbacks, Justin Fields has not exhibited that yet. And this is the year, and I would say by Thanksgiving, people upstairs will make a decision. The only other quarterback I feel like there's real pressure on is in the same division Jordan Love. Listen, you replace Aaron Rodgers. There's pressure. This is also a winning organization pressure. This is also probably the second best after Detroit roster in the division. Pressure. Jordan Love's been given a contract that's very team friendly, so again, because he's been in the building for so many years, I think they'll know by Thanksgiving in the building, I had an agent that once said this, Nick con your bosses will make a decision on your career nine months before they tell you. I think by Thanksgiving, Justin Field and Jordan Love, both teams upstairs will have made a decision. That's real pressure because in both cases, especially Fields, they're viewed by a small number of fans as being really special talents. And I'm not sure either is, but both will feel that pressure this season. As Netflix first partnership with the NFL, Quarterback is a new docu series that takes a unique look at each season told through the lens of NFL quarterbacks. For the first time ever, the NFL allowed quarterbacks to be miked for every single game of the season. Three quarterbacks, cousins Mahomes and Mariota give behind the scenes access on and off the field. I can't wait to watch this series. Check out the trailer for a first glimpse at what we're gonna see.
Speaker 1: Netflix is giving you exclusive access to see what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.
Speaker 3: I'm here all day.
Speaker 1: See Kirk Cousins, Marcus Mariota, and Super Bowl champion Patrick Mahomes balance all the pressures that come with the toughest job in sports.
Speaker 2: The quarterback is more about the mental scientist.
Speaker 1: From game day to home life. See these quarterbacks like you've never seen them before.
Speaker 3: But we're all again before.
Speaker 1: Quarters Quarterback, only on Netflix July twelfth.
Speaker 2: All right, I bring in my buddy co host First Things for also host of What's Right with Nick Wright, and we do this about every six weeks. We do about forty forty five minutes, and this is kind of the slowest time of the year. It was always in our industry that after football there was about a month and then you'd kind of move into March madness, NFL Draft, NBA stuff. But it used to be that I look forward to August, but Sean McVay screwed that up by not playing any starters in the NFL and going eight and oh so they're really the preseason now is reduced to talking about CJ. Stroud and Bryce Young. I mean, it is amazing that August used to be a time that I really looked forward. You know, it was post NBA trade deadline, and it was like, you know, you go take a ten day vacation and then you're like, all right, some of this stuff last year. Kenny Pickett was my primary talk topic in August.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not great. I mean, I'm not saying you weren't great, but it's just August because of NBA movement and because every summer there's a kd trade demand or a Dame trade demand, and these things that seem to drag on. I think August has replaced July as the debt is time on our calendar. And I was saying this to my wife yesterday. If you go September one, we're recording this the end of the first week of July. That's ten months, ten plus months. I've been off. I've been you know, on vacation for one week and now over these next six weeks all beyond vacation for two and a half of them. So you know, seventy five percent of the time off for you, for me, for all of us comes in this very condensed window kind of post NBA free agency, pre the start of the NFL season. But one thing that I have found on our show is because we were so heavy NBA during the playoffs and free agency that day before yesterday, day before yesterday, we kind of just stumbled into a Bills topic. Today we just totally ripped off your Belichick could be greater than a Reid, could be greater than Belichick topic. Just totally stole it from you almost verbatim that I am like, very excited to be talking football again because you've been talking a lot of football throughout we have. We haven't been talking so much. And now I'm kind of over the Dame thing. I know he's going to go to Miami. It's all posturing. There's a really interesting part of the Dame story, which is the assistant GM in Portland does a great job, I'm sure, but his name is Mike Schmidz. He worked at ESPN from twenty seventeen until nine months ago, and now seemingly all of the reporting coming out of you know that network is along the lines of oh, you know Portland has the leverage. Portland's got you know, Miami's got up the offer, and I do wonder how much of this is. You know that Mike Schmiz was there and now they're trying to get the best deal possible, but he's going to end up in Miami. I'm kind of over that story and that there's really not much left in the NBA offseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I stumbled. It was the last thing I talked about today for only three minutes. Is that there's two sorts of like what we would call classic diva wide receivers. There's the guy that is constantly difficult but productive Des Bryant. I mean they had to hire a security team, pretty babysitted in as a rookie, and then the first year with Dak he was still highly productive but got needy and they just decided, much to the chagrin of Jason Garrett. He told me that he said I was fighting for him. He gives me eight ten touchdowns a year. How do I replace that? And then there's the Stefan Diggs Randy Moss model, where they're not trouble, they're highly productive and at some point at like year three year four, they flex and right, and I said, okay, that's different. Right, there's a lot of companies at the volume. If I knew somebody for three years, I'm getting somebody that's highly productive. Then maybe they flame out or that's somebody that's very hirable, right, not somebody that's high maintenance. Day one. So I said this, the bills are telling you they're going to get out of the Stefon Diggs market very quickly. They go and get a tight end in round one two. NFL gms told me easily the best tight end. So now they have Kincaid and Dawson Knox, they upgrade running back, they immediately sign more, they double down on their defensive front. And what it tells me is they're trying to become more run oriented, better front ground control, and get out of the stuffan Diggs. And I'll argue this just like New England did with Moss after two three very productive years, you could get out today and he's got value if he blows up again. Half this league, three quarters of this league, nick gms are like, no, thank.
Speaker 3: You, they're gonna be afraid of it. The only I listen, here's the the Digs thing is such a problem for Buffalo for a number of reasons. The typical easy fixes for the wide receiver clearly will not fix this because they're not the problem. And by that I mean sometimes it's I want more money. He got the contract a year ago, like they you know what I mean, The money has been paid. It is not a money thing. The other one, if it's not money, is usually I want more targets. Over the last couple of years, he's one of the two or three, maybe number one, but most targeted guys in the whole league. So it's like, uh, oh, it's not money, it's not targets. How do we fix this? And I have been kind of I don't know what the right word is. I have found it unbelievable that Sean McDermott and the Buffalo Bills set this fire publicly and then are looking around angry at everyone for watching the flames. That the timeline of this is day one of Bill's mini camp. Evidently Stefon Diggs is there, then leaves before practice. Sean McDermott goes to the media, is asked about Digs not being there and says, oh, I'm very concerned, takes a long pause, and goes very concerned. Well, maybe you shouldn't have said that. But then the next day he's there and McDermott goes to the media. He's like, I don't know what everyone's making such a big deal about this. I excused him. It's like, what you fucking told us you were concerned? And then they canceled practice the next day. And then Josh Allen was on a podcast, yeah, a couple days ago. I forget who it was, but when a player runs it and they asked him, it was, you know, one of the it wasn't one of yours, but it was similar to Richard Sherman's podcast. I'm like that, I forget who it was on I apologize and he was like, yeah, the media won't stop talking about this, and it's like, man, we wouldn't have even known about it, but your coach screwed up there. And then when you add to it that the last image we have of Diggs is him yelling at Josh Allen on the sideline. That seems to be problem. The only question I would have there is, Colin, why haven't they just signed DeAndre Hopkins to kind of regain control of the situation, because I do think Gabe Davis might not be a number two. He's certainly not a number one. I do think they need a receiver there. If they're worried about Digs, maybe they just think, you know, he's under contract, We're going to be fine. But that to me is a if you had to right now, and this is something I mentioned to you on TV, you can only choose one of these two doors. The Bills make the super Bowl or the Bills miss the playoffs. I am definitely choosing to miss the play I'm not picking them to miss the playoffs, but I think they're more likely to miss the playoffs than have an awesome year and make the super Bowl. I think that's for damn sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it's I've been on this for years. Andy Reid moves off Tyreek Hill. Andy Reid has rebuilt an O line and a receiving corps in an offseason. Buffalo can't figure their offensive line out five years in, either can Tomlin. There's a difference between offensive coaches and defensive coaches, and the classic example is the minute Tyreek Hill, Bill got a little needy moved off him. Draft Sky Moore, go go get Juju Smith Schuster very quick rebuild the offensive coach seamlessly rebuilds it because that's what they do. They speak the language. McDermott has been trying for five years to create a run game and an offensive line. He still can't do it. Mike Tomlin five years, still can't do it. So by the way, Sean mcvayh came to the Rams one off season gets Andrew Whitworth rebuilt the O line. It's just the advantage of an offensive coach is they can. In a highly mobile profession, you've got to be able to be really nimble. Andy Reid's the best. McVeigh Shanahan really good at it. McDermott's not. Pete Carroll has struggled at times with the O line, which rated again last year poorly. Mike Tomlin struggled with it. By the way, Mike Zimmer in Minnesota, they're offensive line. It was a bit of musical chair. So in Minnesota, I think, I think going forward, the Bengals are the clear threat, and I would say the next threat, and they're not quite there. We saw it twice last year as Jacksonville. Now they're just not as good, but they're not there yet.
Speaker 3: I totally. You know, I believe that, and I think Jacksonville they're not there yet. I agree with you, but for the time being, the other edge Jacksonville is gonna have in the new only one team gets a buy paradigm, the advantage Jacksonville's gonna have when they get there, the fact that it will be so much easier for them in the AFC South to get to thirteen wins than for the Chiefs dealing with the Chargers and the Broncos and the Bengals, dealing with the Steelers and the Ravens and anyone in the AFC when all those teams seem pretty competitive and at this point pretty well run. The Jags are going to have that inside track to the best regular season, the healthiest regular season. I think they have a really good coach that you know what I mean. They're of all the star quarterbacks, their guy is the earliest into his career, so they have the longest window before he gets super paid. I yeah, I think Jacksonville is they're not there yet. They don't have the personnel, but they also have, you know, multiple top picks on defense. They don't need them all to hit, they just need some of them to start to come into their own. They're a scary team. Man. There is seven and two the final nine weeks of last year, won a playoff game in staring fashion, played the Chiefs tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was gonna throw this at you and we'll talk some NBA because you're so good at it. But I came up with something today on the show, and again I didn't think I was already fishing for it. I think it's sometimes it's very difficult. The draft has a power over us. Is that we just innately believe it's just in us. If you're a top draft pick, we just perceive you as better. But yet Matt Hasselbeck's sixth round, Tony Romo undrafted, Kurt Warner undrafted, Brady sixth round, Mark Brunell, fifth round, Dack fourth, Cousins fourth, A lot of breeze.
Speaker 3: Second, your guy Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Third, Yeah, Joe Montana third yea. So there's three things that make me wonder if brought about every fourth or fifth year you find a guy quarterback in the weeds late in the draft and you get like four way years to not pay him. So I laid this out with Brock Purty So Iowa State's an average program and an average conference, but they had four straight winning seasons with Purdy, and they have a very good coach who's been up for the Nebraska job. Matt Campbell, a very good college coach, well studied up flaw jobs in a bad conference with a good coach, brought pretty leaves. They go one and eight in conference time out. It's like whoa. As I've always said, when you arrived, it's not only what you've done at Fox the station you left, not it's good. When Harball left the Niners for Michigan, Michigan got better. The Niners tanked. So I always stayed with a good coach. Plummets the second thing when you do a deep dive on San Francisco. So he led the NFL in games started that he didn't get hurt.
Speaker 3: He was eight.
Speaker 2: No, he not only led the NFL in passer rating, but for a complex system that took Matt Ryan a second year to figure out. It hasn't worked for Skyler Thompson, it hasn't worked for Trey Lance, It didn't work in the first year for Matt Ryan. The kid walks in as a seventh round last pick, rookie and masters it, and I'm thinking to myself, oh wait, we just can't. We're not we don't like this. We don't believe seven rounders can play. Is it possible? I mean I watched him play.
Speaker 3: He looks no, no, no, it's listen, It's possible. The flip side to the coin is he was all his biggest limitation already was going to be his arm talent, physical limitations. And now he's coming off major surgery on his throwing arm. And if that was you know what I mean, if that was a limited arm already, is it now going to be untenable? But listen, the Niners last year, you know this were my pick to go to the Super Bowl from before the year, and that was assuming Trey Lance was going to be the quarterback. That is. You know, our mutual friend Danny Parkins has been hitting this story on He does a football podcast called First In Pod, and he and Andrew Philiponi been hitting this story every week and saying that it should be the biggest story in the NFL, which is the fact that Trey Lance is behind Sam Darnold on this team's depth chart and they spent three first round picks on him. It's one of the craziest damn things we've ever seen. The guy he's never gotten a chance to play, and evidently he's been so bad in practice. They're like Rock Perdy off elbow surgery and Sam Darnold off the scrap he ahead of him, like what and that he was on the trade market and nobody wanted him. That is a crazy turn of events for the Niners. So the Niners, I believe, with above average quarterback play, they should be the class of the NFC. Last year they had average quarterback play, and they look to be the best team. Here's I would spin that question slightly different way. Let's just say this that the Niners don't have it this year either because Perdy the elbows not all the way there that if we I gotta I guess back up a bit. I feel like ninety eight percent of the people in our industry are going to when it comes pick the Super Bowl time gonna have coming out of the NFC, the Eagles or then I think those are going to be almost everyone's gonna pick one of those two. The question I have is this, if it's not one of those two, who is, Because because I don't think I think the Eagles are good. I also think it's in play that the best year of Jalen Hurt's entire career is the one we just saw that they you know what I mean that the super Bowl hangover the Tougher Shane Shane, both their coordinators left and even if they don't think they're gonna miss it in and still, you know, good quarterbacks carved them up last year. I think the Eagles could you know, all it's hard to go to back to back Super Bowls, so Eagles aren't there. And the Niners quarterback situations, you know as in flux as anyone who the fuck is winning the NFC. I just go through it. Like I was talking before the show today and I was like, I'm gonna instantly regret it and hate myself for it. But I think, like I might believe in the Cowboys this year, like the I mean, we go go to the the NFC West. The Cardinals are not trying the Rams. I think they're going to be terrible. You think they could be okay, but they're not. Yeah, you know, I don't. They're not a super Bowl team. The Seahawks are. We gonna get that from Gino again, and then there's the Niners. Like we said, no one in the NFC South. I'm sorry, Saints fans, You're not a super Bowl team with Dennis Allen. Okay, the NFC North is it Kirk Cousins, is Jared Goff. We're gonna put Jared Goff there? And then we're to the nfcas like who is if it's not then and maybe that means it will be the Niners Eagles again. But it's usually not that chalky, you know what I mean, It's usually not quite that simple. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I think, you know, Dallas is Dallas is one of those teams where I've always had the same opinion for twenty five years. In my opinion on Dallas for twenty five years is they'll be pretty good. I mean, yeah, there's such a disparity in the AFC and NFC that now networks remember last year, in the year before, like we were having to give for years and years, we had to give the AFC occasional games like CBS because yes's the opposite, like we're dying for a Bengals game, and no, I think I think it's the weakest. The NFC has ever been. I don't trust Detroit.
Speaker 3: I don't trust Detroit. I don't I want to believe in Seattle. I like Gino's story, I like Pete Carroll. Seattle's not gonna win three playoff games. It's isn't you know what I mean? So like again, maybe that means it is the Niners in the Eagles. But if it's not one of them, god, that's a hard It's hard to find. It's not Daniel Jones and the Giants. It's just not you know what, I like? I just and but then so I'm gonna end up. I can just see it. I'm gonna end up picking the Cowboys. And then I'm going to be watching a divisional round playoff game and Mike McCarthy's going to have that ghost look on his face watching the clock tick down. I'm gonna say, what did I do well? I'm going to go bankrupt? What did I do here? But it's a conversely in the AFC. Obviously the Chiefs are the deserved favorite, but there are seven teams. You could credibly make a case. Yep, you could credibly make a case for the Dolphins, the Bills. I don't believe in the Jets the way some people do. But you could make a case for him, the Bengals, the Ravens case is Lamar's healthy all year. You know what I mean. We already said the Jags, the Chiefs, the Chargers. That's eight teams you could make a case for. So it's a it's very odd the imbalance of power right now.
Speaker 2: All right, before we pivot to NBA. A social media question.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: The user experience at Twitter has gone in to the tank. I said, when Elon must took it over, I said, I'm not gonna I'm just gonna watch it and see what happens. Very quickly it got annoying, then violent, violent videos. Now I'm constantly muting them ads, I'm constantly muting them. The user experience is more toxic than it's ever been. And I don't think. I don't think Elon he's obviously a bright guy, he's a creative, but I also think he's distracted. Threads now gets unveiled and I went on it, my staff put me on it. I find it irritating. When you look as a young broadcaster coming up, you've been very I think you've used been very dynamic on your Twitter spaces to you know, engage with people. I find the elon Musk Twitter experience, and I try to be fair about it, just increasingly a poor or experience. So I'm not on it at all. Where are you where?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: Where are you as a younger person on social media today?
Speaker 3: So there's a bunch of social media stuff I'd actually like to talk to you about. So for me, I and it was one of it was kind of a sad choice I made, but that I felt I needed to do it, or it was good for me to do it, because I do miss out on some interactions, I miss out on maybe some ideas I wouldn't otherwise have thought of. But I four years ago, five years ago, around the time I started to have a real national profile, just said I am never I shouldn't say never. I am almost never looking at my mentions. I am not engaging in it whatsoever. Except for if people don't know back when the back when Twitter was you know, Musk, if you were verified, you had a separate mentions tab that would only show you tweets from other verified people. And so what that would mean is I would if any athletes, if any other journalists, if any other broadcasters were engaging with what I was saying, positively or negatively. I would see it. But and that maybe people going to say that's elitist. I'm not listening, but it was, it was, it would it was too toxic of just I don't care how kind of you know what I mean above it you claim to be. If if you have thousands of strangers saying basically you suck, it's going to get in your head somehow. And the flip side is if you have thousands of strangers saying you're the greatest, it's going to get in your head somehow. And the things that and that you talked to Ethan Strauss about this, the things that get the most applause on social media are not necessarily representative of the things that are what I what I use social media for, which is a professional vehicle, you know what I mean. And so I stopped looking at my mention, so like I to this day. I just yesterday at the Yankee game, some guy came up to me was like, man, I don't know why so many people f and hate you. I think you're great, And it was like nice of him, but I also, like I was thinking, I was like Honestly, I'm I'm blissfully unaware these days of how many people hate me because you gotta find you you better see me in person and tell me, and I have seen. So that's a very long even and it's not even a full answer. The reason I mentioned it, musk ripping off that verified tab to mean anything was to me, very very damaging on my ability to engage with anythng on Twitter, very damaging, and so that to me was that's a shame. Now then you have like, hey, sign up for blue Sky and I got an invite code, and then it's like sign up for spill and then yesterday it was Threads And I'm a'll probably be a begrudging late adopter, but I don't know, man, I got six hundred thousand followers on Twitter. I also am blessed to have a platform outside of social media where you want to see what I have to say. Like I'm on television every day, I do a podcast. I don't I don't need. It's not my only outlet. Why do you think you and I are some of the few that aren't like regularly arguing with folks on the internet about random bullshit and letting that drain, drain us the way I think a lot of I think a lot of folks have, and I think it's been hard for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just don't spend a lot of time on social I go long stretches like Friday after shows. A lot of times. I'll just tell my social guy, you can run it over the weekend, and I'll tweet something funny occasionally. But I just I feel a certain responsibility to be available to my wife, my kids, my business partners. I just don't have time for it. And again, I I kind of take it as a badge of honor. Everybody hates Elon Musk, everybody hates Biden. I told my wife this once about Barack Obama. I'm like, this beautiful family. People were outraged he wore a tan suit. It's like there's just people that are just just want to bitch. And it's like, Okay, I'm so lucky to have my life, so grateful that I have a beautiful wife and all my kids are healthy. You know, I just I think all of it, it's just it's a circus.
Speaker 3: Speaking of speaking of your life, are you are you moving again? I'm looking at your background. It looks like you might.
Speaker 2: It's not a the so I sold this. I sold this my wife and I sold it.
Speaker 3: I knew it. You hadn't even told me. I am the old Colin Coward real estate flipper. You're always doing. It is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You just moved in there two years ago.
Speaker 3: Oh that's great. But that's like one of your wife's favorite things, right.
Speaker 2: No, we have a we have a you know, we have a good business real estate, That's what I'm saying. But one of her favorite things is doing real estate stuff. And that's like you don't want to her. I know she's an artist and that's her real trade, but like that's one of the things, so can I I don't. You don't have to reveal it on there? Are you moving far from where you are? I am at a point where I don't need to own anything in Los Angeles. I'm going to have rent a really nice place oh dope, yeah, by the beach. That great, and just be able to leave at any time, turn key, don't have to worry about yard and secure.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: So I just want to be as I've aged, I just want to be nimble, and that's what I am. I've got a ranch in Utah, and that's good.
Speaker 3: I just saw the background. I was like, I bet college has been in the process of selling this house. I just knew it because when I was there, you had read the first time I was there, you had recently moved in. And even when you had first moved in, you said you were like, yeah, you know, we'll probably sell this for X percent more than we bought up where we got a good deal. And I was like, this guy's always making moves, always doing stuff. Meanwhile, I've lived in New York City for seven years, haven't owned anything, rent just rent every time.
Speaker 2: I don't think renting's a bad thing. I mean I've been I've had twenty six homes bought sold, you know, in my life, and made a profit in twenty four. I enjoy it. I'm very well. You know, I'm always willing to move. I've moved. I've lived in all four corners of the country.
Speaker 3: When you're done working, which I know you can't even contemplate, but when you are actually done, totally done, so business has nothing to do with it. What part of the country do you think you'd want to if you lived.
Speaker 2: Somewhere I can see myself always having, you know, somewhere somewhere in California by the water.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so well, I thought you might say, U Tah, I love the Yeah.
Speaker 2: We my wife and I have a ranch in Utah. It's beautiful. Love it. We're about three months from It takes us about a year to fifteen months to we buy if we fix it up immediately, so it's always you could always move it if you had to. That means a lot to us. It's where our kids spend Christmas, summer vacation, fourth of July, and so you know, we pretty much own it free and clear, so that that can stay in the family forever. I would guess I would have something in California. I've got a little I've got a beach front place, little condo that's adorable. My wife during the hurricane, she found something remodeled it. In Naples, Florida. Great Florida, great walks on the beach. But I'll take you a place, a part of the country that I'm really, I absolutely love and it's the Northeast. It's in that Rhode Island.
Speaker 3: I just love it so.
Speaker 2: I Rhode Island is near and dear to my heart. I have very good friends. I used to go there every summer with my kids. Rhode Island beaches are amazing, So I love Rhode Island. I've been to the Hampton's, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, a lot, Stonington. I've been to all these places out east. And I will spend I would guess, and I'm just throwing this out there. I'll spend my summers in the Northeast, somewhere in that area, near the water. And then I'll spend my winters, probably in California, near the water, in a T shirt, flip flops, jeans and yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't you barely wear shoes as is. You're not retired when you're at work.
Speaker 2: So you know, I grew up in a cold water beach in Washington State. But there is something to the breeze and the sound of the water that to me is a little addictive. So that's how I'll wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the greatest. No, it's you know, it's it's the greatest. Sorry, I didn't mean to sidetrack you there. I was just I find it. I find it fascinating.
Speaker 2: So let's do let's do one NBA topic. So I said this, and I thought today it was my lead. I said, you see a lot of teams in the NBA panic, and I thought the Knicks passing on Paul George was the greatest Knicks sign I've seen in years. They would have made that move ten years ago and five years ago they panicked on Mellow. They could have waited until the end of the year. They traded for him in season and they gave you know, Mellow ended up being a ten million dollar chandelier in an empty house. And then Amari Stodemeyer. Everybody in the league knew bad Knees Sons were trying to get rid of him. They you know, that was New York. Ye. Paul George is a top six two way player arguably in the league. The Clippers would move off him, and the Knicks are like, we like him, we're not going to do the deal right now. And I thought, because I think the Knicks between Brunson Randall, eleven first round picks in seven years, and multiple moveable players like you know, like Josh hart uh Yep, Archie Barmes, I think they're one smart move. I think they're a good team. I think they're one smart move. From being a very good team, and I think a very good team could win the East next year.
Speaker 3: So all all up the ante on you on good signs for the Knicks. I'd say this is also a good sign they're not in the Dame Sweepsticks because that the old Knicks would be, because you know, Portland is dying for a competitive and competing offer for Miami. The Knicks have the draft capital, they have RJ. Barrett, whom Portland would like young player, a wing, not a guard. But the Knicks I think are correctly assessing we already have a small guard. He's thirty three and going to be super expensive. And the Knicks want to keep their assets available for if the Hardened thing goes wrong, and not for Harden if the Harden thing goes wrong in Philly, and embiid wants out CIA. All those connections, and you know, Mike pal Brian Winnendhorst said ten weeks ago, and it was you know, I don't know how many people picked up on it, but when the Knicks were in the playoffs against the Heat and round two, Wendy said, the New York Knicks are ninety five percent focused on Miami right now and five percent focused on the future of Giannis Antennakoompa and with the Bucks yanit. They can offer Yannis a contract extension in September. He almost assuredly will not sign it because there's no incentive for him to sign it. He has two years left on his deal. The Bucks are a very old team that is going for it right now, as they should. But Brook Lopez just signed a two year deal. Drew Holliday has talked about wanting to retire when this contract's over. Chris Middleton they just brought back, probably on a slight overpay, but because they want to keep it all together. The fact that no matter how this year goes for Milwaukee, it could it could be Giannis's last year there, or if it's not, he's a free agent in two I think I think the Knicks smartly understand adding Paul George is an improvement if he's healthy, but it doesn't get us over the top. Adding Dane would not get us over the top. Adding Embiid or certainly adding Yannis, or I'll throw one more name out there. You know, if Kyrie burns the building down enough in Dallas, Luca could want to get out of there. You know what I mean. I think they are trying to stay and it's like we already have Jalen Brunson. The MAVs had this and didn't, you know, didn't keep it together. That would be smart because Jalen Brunson is better than I thought he was. Yeah, but if he's your best player, you can't win a title. Impossible. If he's your second best player. If the team is built out properly and your best player is a superstar, well we already saw it was. The team was even built out that well. They made a team with They made the Western Mferends Finals with him being the second best guy with Luca. So I agree with you. I think the Knick staying out of Paul George, staying out of the Dame stuff is smart. I also think when Dame goes to Miami, I think they become for next year the clear cut favorites in the East. Yes, I think Dame, Jimmy Butler, and Bam fit together so perfectly and cover up each other's weaknesses so well, I think they're the clear cut favorites in the East, and then we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Out was well, I mean, listen, you've watched them get rid of Vincent and Strus. I mean, you can see what they're doing. And the other thing that tells you that Portland and Miami are talking is how many leaks there are from both teams. So basically they're sending the messages out, like Portland continues to say, and leak, we will not We're not interested in tire Tyler.
Speaker 3: Hero somewhere else and get assets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Portland is giving their fans and their side of the story. You've got to give us more than Tyler Hero and picks. And you know, Miami all these moves is telling you they're just clearing space. They're getting ready for him. So I think he's going to end up in Miami. And the truth is, you know, it's when you were a young broadcaster and you were ten years into your career and you're young or a Dame is eleven years in the NBA. I think there's a certain level of courage to it. But I do think everybody, at some point in their professional career needs to give themselves the best opportunity to succeed. Right, Yeah, I think I think Dame's earned the right to be on TV and Late May he's earned the right one.
Speaker 3: And that the other thing about the Dame thing, this is not current Blazer's front office fall. But you have a decade of Damian Lollard and you trade first round picks for Robert Covington, you had, you had stick, You stick with CJ too long and then don't get the right package for him. You you treat Nurkice like he's the answer you trade. You made a lot that that previous front office regimes made a lot of mistakes. Now maybe had they done everything right, maybe they don't win. I don't know, but he was It wasn't Lebron with the Calves the first time around level of front office incompetence, but it was pretty damn bad dad between the time LaMarcus Aldridge left and right now that his best teammate was simply a worst version of him in CJ. McCollum. Is a terrible job that you know what I mean, That's a terrible job. And that's one of the reasons the Dame thing, to me is different than a lot of these other trade demand trade requests. He was as patient as anyone could have asked. He held up his end as well as anyone could have expected, if not better. He's coming off your average thirty two points per game, and Portland just didn't. It's not that he wasn't the guy. It's like, I don't want to be in the small market. I want to be He didn't have the wandering eye the moment he got there, the way people felt with Zion in New Orleans or ad in New Orleans. No, he wanted to stay there and wanted to be there, and they blew it. And now so I you know, I hope he goes to Miami. I think it'll be a great fit, and I think they can win the damn title. Eric Spolstra, Jimmy Butler, Bam and Dame. That team can win the damn title.
Speaker 2: By the way, when you retire, though it's a long way off, what will where you go.
Speaker 3: It's very interesting. So because I kind of have a two track mind on this one is so I'm thirty eight, I uh my, my. What I tell my wife is in ten years, my daughter, my youngest daughter, will be going to college. At that point, if I don't have enough, if I haven't put away enough money to be have the choice to retire to where everything our whole life's paid for. I'm about to be fifty. Then I have screwed up. My goal between now and when my youngest ghost to college is make enough money, put enough money away that if I want to be like I'm done, I'm allowed to be, you know what I mean, I can be done now. My wife tells me I'll never be done. She thinks I'll never you know, certainly not at forty eight or forty nine. She might be right. I don't know. But under that circumstance, what if I were done and I was still young, I would do one of two things. I would either go to law school or I would travel around and play in poker tournaments. Are two very different things, but not that different in that I would need to do something that was intellectually challenged, and I might you know, I've played around with the idea of going to law school now like night class, Like what if I took two classes a semester. Now it's gonna be what I could maybe be done in six years, you know what I mean, and then just have that done. Uh, And maybe I would do that, and maybe I will do that. I'm not sure. I also think it's kind of bullshit that I have to go to law school. I feel like I should be able to take the bar, and if I pass it, just good job. Like let me study for the bar and take the bar and then someone will hire me. Fine, but best I can tell, that's only legal in Louisiana, and I'm not I'm sure if it's legal in Louisiana anymore.
Speaker 2: A lot of things are illegal, a lot of things are.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. So I don't know if that So that's not a thing. I don't think. My wife, you know, my wife has this store in New York City, you know it Trintage. That's where we do the podcast. She wants to open one in Vegas. Uh and she, you know, she says she'd be open to living in Vegas. I I think Vegas full time is tough. I think the Vegas summers are tough, you know what I mean, like the especially with the way the climate's going. I love southern California. I loved it, but I was there without my family. You know. That's when I was commuting Houston to LA. I know where I won't live. I wouldn't I wouldn't live in Texas again. With no respect to the wonderful people you know, my friends there or whatever. I couldn't do that again. And I don't think I'll live in New York City forever. I love it here, and I oddly love Broadway. I really love it. And the restaurants are as good as everybody says. But I am at my heart, I am a Midwestern kid, and I miss having a yard. I just miss it. I miss being able to go, you know what I mean, put my feet in the grass in the yard. And I've lived in Harlem for seven years now. So like I, I don't think I and I think New York City be a hard place to be old. Obviously that sounds dumb because there's a lot of old people here, there's fifteen million people, But just because of the walking in the subway, in the weather, it's just I think it would be hard to be an old person in the city. So I think the answer is probably uh la. I think that My my you know, my youngest, my youngest, my middle daughter is going to I don't know if I told you this. She's going to University of California, Santa Cruz, so she's going to be in northern California. My son is you know, works on the at Fox on the Line. Yeah, and so he's in LA. So that's probably where i'd be. But if i'm if I am done before I'm fifty, then it might I might dictate it by what my wife's career is doing. But I also probably won't be done. I'll probably just, you know, just do this for a very long time. I just don't know. I don't know. You got your I think you would have not gotten tired of talking about sports, but I think you needed another huge challenge. And that's one of the reasons the volume exists was because, like I don't I think you're I know how hard you work every day on your show, but you've mastered that to a degree where it wasn't It's not like your show's hard to do. It is a lot of work, but it's not intellectually difficult for you. You know what to do, so you created a new mountain to climb. I don't know what I would do, because I'm not a businessman. I'm not an entrepreneur. I am a gambler. But that's also you know, I talked about putting a way enough money to retire buying fifty. That's also a way to lose that money. So I don't know. I don't know what I'll do. I you know, we're coming up. I got twenty eight more shows and it will be fifteen hundred episodes of First Things First, fifteen hundred episodisodes of the TV show. And I was thinking about it the other day. I was like, what sports TV shows have been going on without, you know, uninterrupted longer than mine and it's yours, undisputed PTI around the Horn, first take, and I think that's the list.
Speaker 2: You know, it's interesting. You just jarred a memory for me. You know how earlier you were saying that Twitter sometimes can be discouraging. This is a prime example of what Twitter is. So one of the reasons I put filters in. I didn't mind being criticized on social It bothered me when people criticized people at the volume. I didn't like that, oh yeah, or like you. And so when you announced FS one announced and you announced my show's moving from the morning to after Collins Show that day, I went on to see how people would react to you. Of one hundred tweets, ninety nine thought it would fail and it was a terrible idea. The show is the fastest growing show in sports cable, and you and I both knew that it was the right move of the show. You and I privately didn't discuss it. But what is happening to your show? I largely predicted you're going to get a stable number. You and I, our personalities are saying we're friends. So you and I knew it was going to work. The company knew it was going to work. Twitter abject failure as a boss. As a very smart person in my industry once said, Twitter is wrong about everything everything but.
Speaker 3: So but and here's the thing. I at, you know, the most, not all, but most television shows, and by being canceled again not all Some people it's just like, hey, this is a great run, We're done, whatever it is, but like the most successful version of our And I didn't include Inside the NBA or any of those shows, but I'm talking you know what I'm talking about the daily sports talk shows. You know PTI is the longest running and most successful, right, yeah, one day that much show you know could get canceled. Who knows if that were to happen, there would be an article written or certainly people you know takes given about it failing it's like, well, it ran for twenty eight years and had a documentary made about it. Like I don't think that. So I mean the fact that this thing and we've had different iterations of it, but I've been there from day one and at this point I'm the only one that's been there from day one. We are pro again right before football we will hit fifteen hundred episodes. It's pretty unbelievable, made it through a pandemic doing the shows from our home and now, you know, the me Wilds and Brew have really hit a rhythm where the show is fun and the show is consistently good, and this show I could do. I feel like I could do it as you know, how however, as long as they'll let me. And you and I did talk about the fact that the having your show lead, you know, the wor show on my show be a block on the network that that was If that didn't work, then one of us like something's wrong, and what has happened is like you said, and I don't ever, I don't understand why people in our business publicize how much money they make. And I don't understand why people you know, try you know, to tout ratings regularly. I'm not saying occasionally sending out a thank you or whatever. I just feel like you're just putting a target on your back, especially the salaries thing. I don't get it. I'm like, you get the ego boost of it being written about and your friends from high school seeing it. The downside is it almost as surely alienates coworkers. It puts a huge target on your back. It's just insane. So I don't talk about either. But what I will say, because you reference it's true, is it is crazy Colin that in a time of cable contracting and cord cutting, in all of it, your show and my show aren't up small percentages. They're up massive jumps to where you're and where having some of our best months ever, you know, in a time when that's not true for really anybody. And I think you know, I think it's a test to the network, and I think it's a testament to you and I right now and again, if you're listening to this an hour and five minutes in, you like Colin and I both, so I apologize for the self congratulatory nature of it, but you and I now are both doing the exact show we want to do. Yeah, and the fact that that is working is so gratifying, you know what I mean, Like, just like, let me do the exact show I want to do, and if it doesn't work, then hey, I was wrong or whatever. But at least, you know what I mean, Let's do it. And we are. And your show's as you know, as good as it has ever been. And my show is so different. I used to be on at six point thirty in the morning, bald headed scowlings, yelling at people, and now I'm bringing out goddamn trumpeters, laughing, you know what I mean, and talking about the prince of those promised. The show has changed. But it's fun and it's good and yeah, so in that regard, I'll do it for I'll do it for a long time.
Speaker 2: The Oprah Winfrey once told Jim Gray, the sports guy who told me about a month ago. He said, Jim came out and it was very complimentary of the show, and I said, how are things And he said, he said, how long are you going to do that for? And I said, oh, I like it. I just I really enjoy Jason, I enjoy my coworkers. And he said. Oprah once told me, if you talk for a living. Keep talking for a living. It's the easiest job. And never stopped talking.
Speaker 3: Before we're done. Can I tell you a quick Jim Gray story? At the Super Bowl, We're in the hotel we're staying at. Jim Gray comes in, uh and I'm sitting there with some colleagues and I saw him and I introduced myself, called mister Gray and mister Gray nick wright, you know, massive respect. And he was like, he's like, oh, I know you Nick, And I was like, okay, sure, thanks, but you know, it's the word. But then he just engages us and starts telling stories and talking. We're going back and forth, and so I somehow, you know, I asked him, you know, you know, why are you still working? Why do you still you know to what you because he was about to go somewhere work and he didn't tell that anecdote or whatever, but he he just you know, gave a good, nice answer, and then he was like, you know, I'll ask you. He was like, why do you do this? And I had just talked about I had I basically started to relay a story regarding Tom Brady that I had just done on my podcast, and Jim fucking Gray stops me mid story. I was like, oh, you told this story last week on What's Right? And I almost passed out, bro, And I'm like, I'm like, first of all, I'm also scanning in my brain. I'm like, at any point on What's Right? Did I ever take a shot at Jim Gray? Because that show with Tom Brady was not like but I was like, I was like, I never said anything bad, did I? But the fact that I was like that was such a cool moment for me. I'm like, this guy who was you know that he has been the Forrest Gump almost of so many sports moments, iconic sports moments throughout all of history. At some point was riding in his car listening to the podcast that I do with my children for my wife's store. I'm like, that's pretty cool. And he was so nice. He was so nice and so cool. I'd never met him before that day, but that's a legend. That's a legend in the business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I one of the things that I've always appreciated about Brady is, you know, his gratitude. He gets emotional now when you talk about, you know, his football career, and I think there's so many people in America that work really hard and don't love their job. That I every I drive to work in a good mood. You know, I'm just thinking I'm going to talk sport. So I try to convey that to the audience that they have a right to criticize me because I'm not always good, but I think I'm I feel very, very fortunate.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I grew up in a small town, divorced parents, didn't have a lot, So I feel happy as hell Tonight's AND's not here tonight, so it's I'm currently taping this at five eleven, and I've got to be honest with you. I may just go I may go out and have a cocktail and a steak tonight by myself. That's weird.
Speaker 3: That is when I lived in La Can I tell you a great spot. It's not like a hole in the world restaurant, but a great alone cocktail steak spot. The the Del Frisco's Grill, which is like the quicker Del Frisco's, but they have the full menu on the right right on by the Santa Monica Pier. They have an outdoor seating area. It's only like four seats instead of high top and it is facing the pier, and I used to go there twice a week when I lived by myself, out there by myself, put on a podcast, order a seventy dollars steak and a side of spinach, and just sit there silently listening to something, watching people walk the pier. This was when I was living out there was right wind. Do you remember when Pokemon Go became super popular and everyone was it was the game on your phone, but you had to go like find Pokemon in the real world. But it was like but it was it was people Like it was just hordes of people, a lot of them playing Pokemon Go and walking on the Santa Monica Pier and the beach is there, and I'm just sitting there and I'm like, I understand, like one hundred bucks for a one person dinner by themselves is kind of silly, but also no way I could possibly enjoy ninety minutes more. No, I'm just sitting here in the corner outdoors the ocean breeze, having a great steak, having a drink. I can't recommend it strongly in listen.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty I'm pretty frugal. The one thing I spend money on is cocktails and food. I tell my kids this all the time, education and experiences. I don't look at the check like I'm going to educate my kids. I'm going to have good experiences. I was telling somebody this recently. There's no place in America that gets more criticized. But it's greater to live than California. I mean, no, we just lost scott Bao, which is a great loss to state, economically, devastating, devastating. But we have Mediterranean weather. We have no humidity. We don't get really lightning, we don't get hail, we don't get winter. I guess we get earthquakes. I've never lived through one. We have homeless, which major cities have. But I think Mayor Karen Bass has actually done a very solid job on that. It doesn't feel quite as intense as it was before Karen Bass took over the new mayor. Our crime is overstated. If you look at crimes, crime is overstated.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. The there are the la You know, what is one of the safest places big cities in the world, New York City. No one believes you, but it's true. It's now like where I'm from, Kansas City, wildly, Kansas City more dangerous than Chicago, you know what I mean, Like the cities that the crime stats, that people get banged over, that all because people don't understand that you have to do everything per per capita. You can't be like, well there were this many murders, Well were there twelve million people there or one point two million? Because it matters and the listen you said. The homelessness that I this is you know, a separate discussion for separate day. I think you know, it is a blight on the American consciousness that we are seemingly just opting in to every major city having a good percentage of its population being homeless. That we've just like, ah, housing is n't affordable, and we're not going to give people mental health care, and we're not going to give people adequate drug treatment. So there's gonna be people on the street. But those people, in my opinion, should be angry at those three things. Instead they will they are willfully blind to the causes of it, and then just fucking angry that the people exist. They're like, why these people somewhere It's like, well, there's nowhere for anyone to go, and no one can afford a house. So that's not an indictment on any of these cities in my opinion. That that and I understand. I was in LA and I saw there was like a camp. But if you don't affordable housing and you don't have healthcare or drug treatment, p people are going to have to be somewhere. So I if Las sucked and New York sucked, it's not cheap to live in either place, there wouldn't be millions of people here. People love it, you know what I mean. There's a lot of I understand they're like, oh my god, it's so cheap. And I'm not trying to be an elitist again, I'm from Missouri. They're like, the cost of living in South Dakota is cheap. Lands available, you can go. Like people seem to like California quite a bit, listen for a lot of reasons.
Speaker 2: I love Chicago. I never feel unsafe. My wife and I go regularly. It's my favorite big city in the country. Las two. I like New York, but Chicago's kind of a cleaner version, easier to navigate. I love big cities, not all of them, but I don't love all small towns. I tend to be just my I like to be by the beach, in the mountains or a city. Right that's you think yourself, well, that's everywhere, but it's not I like to be I like the mountains because I love to ski and I like to hike. I like the water because I like the breeze and I grew up with it. And I like cities, and so a lot of the country flat without water or mountains is just not appealing to me. That's nothing against the place.
Speaker 3: Why you've never been to Kansas City. It's the only big city in the world you've never been to. That's why.
Speaker 2: But no city or state gets criticized by Los Angeles like Los Angeles. And I think some of it is we tend to lean more left than the rest of the country. Another thing is it's a lot of beautiful people. But if the entertainment business was in Cleveland, there'd be more beautiful people in Cleveland. It is part of what our economy is based on. And the other thing is people hate what they don't have or they're threatened by. And the truth is it's the biggest economy in the country. We've got better weather than everybody else. We're not perfect. Our traffic is hard. Taxes like they are in New York and Chicago, these major municipalities. It's very expensive. You've got, you know, education budgets, road budgets, like they're expensive cities. But I do think it's interesting. People often get very defensive in America. If I went on the air and ripped Kansas City, it would make the newspapers, it would trends. Yeah, people in Arkansas and Alabama ripped California, and nobody cares here.
Speaker 3: Well, so this is and then we can we can go because now we're going to I'm gonna start because I can't help myself waiting into politics. It I find it. I'm not actually offended, but I find it offensive that because people know I lean pretty far left, and I hate that Democrats have just decided we are going to allow the other side to call giant swaths of our country not real America, because if it was you you here, some conservative politicians talk about these major cities with millions of people and say, huh, you know, I was in la or I was in New York. It's nice to be back in real America. It's nice to be back with real Americans. When can you imagine. Can you imagine if someone running for a national office that was a Democrat was like, Man, I was just in Biloxi, Mississippi, and let me tell you, it's nice to be back to a civilization supposed to that hell hole I was. They'd be like, it's nice to be back with real Americans here as opposed to that, but it wouldn't allow it. I there is the You are one hundred percent correct that it has just become commonplace to just be like San Francisco, La New York sucks. Don't know why anyone lived there. Oddly, it's wildly expensive, way densely populated people. You put a house up for a sale and you get three over three percent over asking the first day. I don't know what's going on there, but I that so frustrates me, man, And it really frustrates me because they act like any of these places, every place you go to is the most it is. As far as like political affiliation is like sixty five thirty five, There is no place in the way you're gonna find in the country that's ninety ten or anything like that. Everything is people make you know, Republicans and Democrats, gay and straight black woy, everybody mix together, and yeah, I don't like the way people take shots at Chicago and New York and they're major cities. Listen, anywhere where you have major cities and a lot of people and a lot of industry and a lot of money, you're gonna have the good and the bad that comes with That's just how the world works.
Speaker 2: Chicago, excuse my language, is a great fucking time. My wife and I eat party friends up all night. I have never had a bad night in Chicago. It is so much fun. You know what's not fun? Ten o'clock crickets. Chicago is a late night big city broad shoulders, water noise. I mean, they're my favorite bar. Remember the one I gave you you were going to Chicago when I told your wife, did you go?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, Yes, Oh I went. I forgot to tell you. I went to a different place as well. And at the end of the meal, it might have been the place you told me. At the end of the meal, the waitress said to me, she was like, I didn't want to bother you until everything was done. She was like, but the way she put it was very nice. She's like, I know who you are. I'm like, Okay, thank you. She was like Colin Coward was here two weeks ago and it was I was like, that is unbelievable. She's like, I served him, now I'm serving you. So I think it was I forget the name of the place. Was the place you recommended? I went there with Danny with Danny Parkins.
Speaker 2: Who you It's my favorite bar in the country. I think it's Maple and ash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: I have met the most interesting people there. I think they're going to open one up in Los Angeles. Chicago.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: I love it. I can. I got introduced to it late Vancouver, BC, LA, and Chicago. Those are my cities.
Speaker 3: So Vancouver's I've never been, but I've heard it's unbelievable. The one place that I would add that I love. My wife just got back from his New Orleans. Yeah, and that just because the culture and the food and it's another place with beautiful people. But it's a very New Orleans more so than any other city in the country. Feels like you're out of the country, you know what I mean. There's it almost feels like international place. But all these places have their issues, but there's I don't know, you you got the your defense of Chicago kind of flippantly on your show. Yeah, a few months ago made like that was a big story in Chicago when j Mack was like, Oh, that place sucks, and you were like, I love it there. I go there all the time. That was a big that was on Danny's Danny's radio show in Chicago, a big topic. They it was a it was a big thing. But yeah, it gets it's used as a cudgel for I think bad actors. But yeah, the I don't know that I could live there because the winters are so harsh. But in the spring of the summer in Lake Michigan pretty unbelievable. It's like having an ocean thing so big, it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: It's also got the best one of the best looking people under forty five in America because all it's the one place in the Midwest to get rich largely, so the best looking young men, the most confident men and women from all those great universities people. Yes, they all go to Chicago and you go out on a Friday night and you're like, this is a good looking town. There are good looking people everywhere in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: All right, buddy.
Speaker 3: All right, hey, I love you, it's great to see you. You Where are you if you don't mind me asking? And then we'll go Where are you going this summer? I heard you mentioned you're going on a cruise.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Rhode Island for ten days at the end of August, and then I'm going on a boat trip with two other couples in a couple of weeks through the Desolation Islands in Vancouver, BC, which is the warmest water north of Mexico. It's an amazing oh six stay cruise.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. I so I taking my wife and kids to the Caribbean in a week and a half for the family trip. And then a thing my wife and I have started doing is when we get our week off in August, we take her grandparents, who are the most mobile and with it and awesome ninety and ninety three year olds in the world. We took them, well, ninety ninety two, but the granddad turns ninety three here in a few weeks pre pandemic, we took them to Barcelona, went everywhere the four of us post pandemic. Last summer we took them to Rome and this year the four of us are flying to Amsterdam, going Amsterdam to Germany to Belgium to Paris. Driving it me my wife and her ninety plus year old nonagenarian grandparents, who are our best friends. They're the coolest people, so we've just decided as long as they can do it, there are travel partners. They're the only couple that likes us enough to travel with us, so they're the people we travel with. Yeah, so that'll be great, all right. Hopefully I'll be in l a uh and we can get together when you're there, all right, buddy, great talking all right, talk to you later, see you
Speaker 2: H The volume