Speaker 1: Yes, sir baby, it's mister on the Radar Radio.
Speaker 2: Mister step and step out, don't get stept on gay p Checking in with my brother Bootleg keV makes you tapping with my boy.
Speaker 1: He's showing love, he's holding it down. You already know what it is.
Speaker 3: It's not the plan Gooleg keV Podcast special guests in here on the Radar zonn Game.
Speaker 1: Yes, my god, pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: First of all, nice, yeah, nice to finally get up with you. Man. I was telling you we met real quick at the BT Media House this weekend.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna give your flowers because the No Jumper interview that you had did with Adam like a long time ago, well it.
Speaker 1: Was like a year ago, year and a half, like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 2: I really like watched and dissected that interview so much because a lot of the stuff that you were going through with this podcast is like I felt like I was also going through at the Toms with On the Radar, you know, being affiliated with a radio station, but your podcast not entirely being affiliated with the station, and you know, just having that like synergy and and a lot of the things you said and that like kind of really help me and kind of like my thought process of like, Okay, this is how I should move with on the radar going forward to So I want to thank you for that.
Speaker 3: All good man. So for people who don't know, so your roots are in radio, Yes, my rooturn radio.
Speaker 2: I started off at a Saint John's in Queens with along with Nyla who's also on Power. Angie Martinez came to the radio station for her book tour. Me and her both interviewed her and then the rest is like pretty much history, and he picked it.
Speaker 3: I took a liking to you guys, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And you took a liking to us. She literally just picked us up out of the radio station and and then brought us to Power Ont five. And then I was an intern at Power Wintal five for the rest of my college career until like pretty much right before I graduated, and then I took a full time position as like the I ran all their social media. So I took a full time position before I graduated to stay in the building. She was a social guy. I was association. Yeah, I was a social guy at the station before anything. So I rand the social media up until last August when I when I left, because you know, she was doing everything was going on, was doing.
Speaker 3: And then you were doing weren't you doing like a something with Charlamagne at Marvel? Yeah podcast. Yeah, we had a few episodes. You guys didn't do too many episodes.
Speaker 1: We did like seventeen. We like we did like yeah, we did like seventeen.
Speaker 2: It was called Comic Kings, and it was just cause that like had spawned out of when I was an intern. Charlamage and I would just talk about like the different comic book movies that we were watching. So like I think I remember like one conversation me and him had it was like Logan had came out, and uh, we were just having a debate about the movie. And then somebody at the say she's like, y'all should do a podcast together. So, like, you know, on my time off and his time off, you know, after Breakfast Club, we would just shoot it. And then the pandemic came and then he got a show and then everything just kind of got super busy. But honestly, like that was such a great opportunity. And when we still see each other, like we talk about like the nerd ship, like we love that.
Speaker 3: What did you think of Flash? I didn't get to see it yet.
Speaker 1: Because I I've been on we you know, we've been on the on the Radar tour.
Speaker 3: It's like super mid Yeah, I keep hearing. I'm like, how Michael Keatons did it? What's what? How they fucked that up?
Speaker 2: Like like how do you bring back like everybody, well most people favorite Batman, right, and then you include Supergirl and then somehow you still mess it up like this.
Speaker 3: This guy who plays Flash did so many so much wow ship, and they kept him in the movie. So I'm like they had to have kept him in there because it has to be Fire. I was thinking they will scrap it after this guy was like breaking into people's houses and falling asleep on the couch and doing all kinds of weird ship the actor or like like fighting people and whole guy fucking wild guy for sure.
Speaker 2: You ever seen the video of him in Hawaii where it's like you know what want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Was like his face is a great I think he's uh. They slashed them.
Speaker 2: They yeah, they they sorry gotta beat my apologically correct.
Speaker 3: I'd be correct.
Speaker 2: But when they had when their uh, their mugshot was on the TV. Yes, and then it pans over and he's just like sipping a drink in like a nice in like a nice suit, talking to three older women.
Speaker 1: It's just like wild Boy Man wold Boy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I didn't get to see it. I'm gonna watch it, uh when I go back to New York. But I did see Spider Verse, and Spider Verse was phenomenal, amazing.
Speaker 3: Do you think do you think the Spider Verse two movies are better because there's a lot of people saying that they're the best Spider Man's period. Yeah, I think so. You think so, I think so.
Speaker 2: I just think it's just I don't know, because I remember when the animated movies first came out, I was like I don't want this, Like like when they announced it, I was like, I don't want Miles. I like, I want to see Miles, you know an actor. Yeah, because he's Puerto Rican. I'm Puerto Rican, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, Okay, this is dope because you know we're gonna get like we're getting a first of all Afro Latino representation on the big screen. He's from Brooklyn, My family's from Brooklyn, Like it just kind of felt like, Okay, this is dope. But then like when it actually came out, like into the Spider Verse, became like one of my favorite superhero movies of all time. And I think the two of them alone are really the best Spider Man movies ever created. And it's weird because it's animated, so you wouldn't no Meal think that, But I like, I like.
Speaker 1: The new one way better than I like like the Tom Holland once. For sure.
Speaker 3: I think I agree with you man the time. You know what the one is that last time Holland won, when it's just got that one moment where all the Spider Man come together and you're just like, ah, it's like this is crazy.
Speaker 1: But have you rewatched it, like after the fact.
Speaker 3: It's not as great when you rewatch it, for sure. You're right, Like it's like it's just like one of those in theater moments that you remember, almost like an endgame, you know what I'm saying, Like it's it's but yeah, the Spider for shit is lit. So look, let's get to you obviously built this platform. Yeah, was on the radar something that you had always kind of like because I think early on I was seeing you were doing stuff during the pandemic on like zoom YEP and what everybody was doing, right, we all had to do that. So when did you initially would you launch on the Radar during the pandemic or was it prior to the pandemic? Like, give me the kind of the history.
Speaker 2: Well, like on the Radar started in twenty eighteen, so like I originally had the idea because for me, like, you know, I'm twenty six, so I was twenty eighteen. I was like I was like twenty one, twenty twoish, and my biggest thing for me back then was like I you know, I was a young kid, and I was listening to like, you know, the little Uzi Versy Yatis and the whatnot, and I would see them go on different platforms, and I just felt like they weren't really under stood by you know. You think about like the infamous Joe Budden moment with him and YACHTI, and it's like.
Speaker 3: Even like the ebro one where they were like trying to get him a rap over some premo shit.
Speaker 2: Right, And I don't necessarily blame them for those moments, you know what I'm saying, because you know, they just didn't understand their generation, right, you know what I'm saying, they're younger kids, right, So I felt like at that time, I was like, damn, like I don't really see them being represented properly in a media space. And I didn't really see anybody and my age really being able to be in this media space and also kind of be that kind of that like that person that's able to grab them and help them, you know, be presented properly the way that like, you know, you think of like an Angree Martinez in the nineties with with with everybody from New York, or you think of or bless you, or you think of whom I Who am I thinking of Columbia Radio Station. I don't know why I'm blanking right now stretching Bobido right like or how stretching Barbido was there to help bring.
Speaker 3: Up Biggie Wu Tang.
Speaker 1: They had like some of.
Speaker 2: Their first you think about those, and like, I wanted to do something like that for this generation. So I came up with the idea back in like the summer of twenty eighteen, right after I graduated college.
Speaker 1: You know, I kind of.
Speaker 3: Presumed were you already at power?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: Already full time on the digital side of things. I was part of the Andrew Martinez Show. I helped that with Breakfast Club. So I did a little bit of everything, and when it came to like creating this space, I was like, you know, I wanted it to be like on the radio station, but they were like, you know what's build it on your own, you know what I'm saying, Like kind of started getting going. They had a room there that I could use. It was the same room that Charlotte used to film Brilliant Idiots in. So I was just filming like one interview a day or like one interview a week, something like that, and it was just I was finding anybody and anybody and everybody I can interview, just trying to start building my connection. So I was doing that for a while and then I started making more younger friends in the industry, and that's how I ended up getting up some bigger artists, started getting a little more recognition in New York, and then the pandemic came, and like right before the pandemic, I did this interview with Bankroll Freddie and like that was kind of like my biggest interview at the time. It had like I think I had like twenty thousand views like in like a week or whatever, which was like a lot for me at the time, right, And I was like, Okay, cool, I have all this traction.
Speaker 1: But now like everything is shutting down dead right.
Speaker 2: So I was like in a space where it was weird because I also had another show at the time I did with Power called Enter Player Too, which was like a video game show, so I would play like Mortal Kombat two K with like some artists, like I had Chef Gs, Sleepy Hollow on this show too, which was like one of their most talkative interviews, which was really dope at the time. So Pandemic came, I'm like and I was like, damn, what do I do now? Like I really don't know what to do. The Zoom interviews came around, and then like I kind of got out of this like you know, depressive state that I was in, not knowing where to go with my show, just having to do the social media stuff every single day, which was like it was fine, but it's like it's not what I love to do. And I just started doing like two to three Zoom interviews like every day, Like I was just like, you know what, anybody again, anybody and everybody who I can connect with in any place in the world.
Speaker 1: I'm ana do I'm gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: So I was doing interviews with with people like some afrobeat artists, like I did Stoneboy very early on in my career, and then I was doing like people from like the Carolina's Florida, like literally anybody that I could do a zoom interview with. And then it kind of came to a point where it was like we had I figured out this rhythm with the content. I'm like, okay, I think I know what I'm doing now. And we started, you know, getting out of the pandemic, and I was like, you know, I want to do live interview So I started doing those again, and I came up with I had always had this idea for freestyles on the show, and I had done them kind of ghetto before, Like I would have my laptop literally sitting right here, plug the headphones into the laptop, and then I would put the volume all the way up, let them wrap, and then in post production, I would try to hear where the beat started and I would try to match it up.
Speaker 3: That's fucking crazy, super.
Speaker 2: Ghetto, super ghetto, right, but it worked, It worked, It worked. I only had like one or two that I couldn't put out because of that. So we had that done and then I found this spot.
Speaker 3: Well well, because you guys had freestyles where they weren't wearing headphones sometimes, right, Am I tripping?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: We always have Okay, maybe I'm tripping. I've saw somebody freestyling there was no headphones on, and I was like, Amaja, no, somebody somebody ship there was. I was like, what is going on here? They don't have headphones on? Ware the hearing the beat?
Speaker 2: Actually, okay, there was one. There was one we do. We had like some ciphers, like we did a Christmas cipher. We called it the Christmas and Harlem.
Speaker 3: Site for I remember seeing that you guys had like a fucking seventy eight people wrap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had like sixteen people rapping. That was That was a really dope moment too. But that we had like a speaker outside and they could hear it. Same with the Ladies Night that we just did in Atlanta. That one had a we had a h an external speaker that they could hear the beat played off of and.
Speaker 3: Would just hand yeah.
Speaker 2: My producer Rob is like a magician with that. I don't even know how he does it, but he finesses it. But we started doing the freestyles like kind of shortly after, like I kind of caught the wave of the drill scene, like I had caught you know, k Flogg be Love and Dougie b I did their first interview together. I did Dusty Locaine Busy Banks around that time, and then I was like, all right, I got this motion doing these interviews.
Speaker 3: What else Bobby fitsher? Guys?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bobby, Bobby fitted. Shout out Bobby Man, shout out Bro. But yeah, So then like I found this spot called HMD Studios out in Brooklyn, which is, you know, sadly closing its doors really soon, but that's kind of where we started doing the freestyles. And I just like, I have my producer, Rob, who I mentioned at the time, and I'm like, Bro, we're doing all these interviews with like these dope up and coming artists.
Speaker 1: I'm like, can we do freestyles here?
Speaker 2: And he called over the owners to the studio and who are also friends of mine.
Speaker 1: He's like, is this possible? And they're like, yeah, this is possible.
Speaker 2: So we started off just kind of like doing again once again, Like anybody who wanted to come rap, just bring him to come rap. And one of the first people who I had come wrap on on the freestyles and that studio was Lola Brook because ME and Lola had done interviews before, so we had this relationship. And then kind of from there we just kind of caught this wave. We caught the drill wave in New York and then I.
Speaker 3: Fyle Ice Spice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ice Spice. This ship was.
Speaker 2: Again, Hey man, look if I have the only Ice Spice free, if I have the only Ice Spice freestyle ever, I'll be happy.
Speaker 1: I'll be happy.
Speaker 2: But like you know, we caught a lot of really dope, incredible artists early on, and I feel like, you know, that's kind of where I wanted to be at in twenty eighteen. It took a bit of time, but like you know, I feel like a lot of young people in this industry don't always realize how long things takeing to you guys.
Speaker 3: So when we started doing freestyles for the podcast, we kind of started the same way, I think because we were thinking of the monetization route. So I would have my producer, Tony Chak just give me a beat that was original that wouldn't get flagged. So a lot of your guys, beats are from producers that it's not like they're freestyling over like Poundtown, you know what I'm saying, Like there's original instrument instrumentals right some cases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, I kind of like to give the artists the free range to do what they what they want.
Speaker 1: We do have a lot of we have in house producers.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: My boy Fritz cooks up a lot of the beats.
Speaker 2: Him man gave us the beat for the ladies nice I first, so that was really dope.
Speaker 1: But I try to give them the free range.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I got a great partnership or create on the monetization side of things, so they helped me kind of soar through all those things with the beats and kind of like getting copyrights on.
Speaker 3: You guys, all the freestyles on like Spotify and all that shit.
Speaker 1: Not all of them, but we have a lot, Like we put out.
Speaker 2: Like what one hundred and fifteen already this year, one hundred and fifteen already this year, So we have like entire we have a pretty big catalog that we just dropped this year. Alone, but we try to encourage artists now, especially the up and coming ones. It's like, look, if you're coming on the show, you might as well do an original beat so we can put you in our ecosystem on streaming, and then you get on the radar fans, We get your fans, and then we kind of are able to marry that together.
Speaker 3: So for you, like, uh, you say, how were you with Angie? Like every day like money through Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, every day for many years?
Speaker 3: What was the Because Angie's obviously I've met her a few times and she always is so fucking like you know I was when before I met her, I was just assumed she had this or around it. But she's so nice, like, yeah, she's like super super, super super sweetheart. What was for you being around the voice in New York? Would you learn? Man? Would you take away the one thing? I'm sure you learned a million things, but you know, I'm sure is there one or two things that you kind of apply to what you're doing right now?
Speaker 2: I feel like the one thing that I always tell people I took away from being around Angie was like how important relationships are in this industry?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And I learned this with Angie when I was working her digital side, like, you know, like if I'm trying to think of it, like let's say, like I worked a six ' nine interview for an example, right, Like I would think about, like I thought from a young person's perspective, I'm like, what headline can we put this on YouTube that will get the most clicks? And then Angie would always reiterate to me, it's not about always what's going to get you the most clicks, but like or like what can what's going to be messier?
Speaker 1: What was this?
Speaker 2: But she's like, you got to remember that, like building relationships over time is important.
Speaker 1: She's like, you know, you don't want to just go right for.
Speaker 2: The clickbait stuff and then you burn a bridge with somebody, right, And as I got older, I started realizing how important that is because a lot of the you know media now oftentimes we you know, people want to go right for clickbaity headlines this and that, but then it doesn't you don't you know, those same you know, YouTube pages or whatever, like they don't think about like the long term implications of that. You know, you kind of burn bridges or you don't you burn relationships and I just you know, I remember I was at a party I think for it was like Angie and Angeliauee's like day off, I think that's what they called it.
Speaker 1: And it was like in the winter time.
Speaker 2: It was around their birthdays, and I remember just seeing like everybody in the room with them, Like I saw like Joe and a bunch of other like people who've just been around them for X amount of years, And I'm like, you know, you think about the relationships that they built over these periods of time and how they wouldn't be around now if they had, you know, had like that clickbait mentality, like oh, I got to ask them some crazy shit just to get you know, one hundred kviews, because sometimes those one hundred kviews ain't worth the relationship being broken, you know. I'd rather I tell ars all the time, like I'd rather mess with out for like five to ten years and us do this a million times and me just get one hundred k views off of you one time, and then now we beef and we don't like each other no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had that. I just went on back on fig Man and fucking whoever t Rose guy is fucking mislabeled some clip and I had to hit him like, bro, this this wasn't said like He's like, bro, my bad, let me fix it. But I just yeah, I think I think, you know, there's definitely for you. I feel like you don't do messy ship, which is important, you know. Yeah, and we try not to do messy shit over here. I mean we just interviewed Krishawan Rock and Blue Face or not Krishan Rock.
Speaker 2: Blue Face and his pearms. Yeah, I was talking that before I came here.
Speaker 3: That was messy for sure.
Speaker 1: That was definitely.
Speaker 2: But that's not you trying to be messy, like you're just doing the interview. Like it's like you're not the messy one there in this case. You're just asking questions that people want to know for sure, and it's not like it's not like you're not perfectly like I mean, at the end of the day, like it's interesting conversation, like right, we're the first interview to do both of them together, and like people are interested in them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: No matter how many times I mute, I mute Blue Face's name from my timeline, somehow I always popped heavy Chris, I always pop back.
Speaker 3: Up it will always pop up. Man, So what do you kind of remember, like what video for you kind of made you realize like, oh there's something here that like I can leave. I was about say ninety seven damn sorry, sorry, sorry to leave Power one oh five and kind of just go full time with your own shit.
Speaker 2: Well I'm still at Power. I still do my radio shows at Power, but like leaving my I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about your full time Yeah, the full time doing the social media director thing. Yeah, the show's on the air right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shows on Friday nights as well too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I you know, I think it was really kind of when the motion started going on, when we caught the second wave of drill music but like kflocking them and the Bronx, Like that's when I was like, okay, there's something here that we can really tap into. And then it was just kind of like over time, like the reason why I had to leave that position. It was just like, you know, I caught myself at times being like I like, I don't care about this as much as I care about on the radar, you know what I'm saying. Like I I wasn't in like the most like financially stable place where I was like okay, like I could do on the radar full time, but like it was getting to the point where my brain couldn't handle doing this other job and doing on the radar.
Speaker 1: And it kind of like felt like to the point where it's like, not that.
Speaker 2: I'm wasting It didn't feel like I was wasting my time doing that position, but it felt like that energy that I'm doing at that the energy I was given that job. If I put it into on the radar, I could go, you know, And and you know, everybody at Power is very supportive of that decision, like they're like, look, man, like you have something special. You know, I think you should. You should, you know, take the chance on it. And then it was just like, you know, we went with it, and you know, we caught that drill wave early. We caught like you know, like you said, the ice spices, the d things, you had the four to one guy, you had jenn and you had Jennen coll up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that freestyle for y'all, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Sixteen M yeah, sixteen M.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. Yeah. But you know, isn't that on DP.
Speaker 2: That one isn't They kind of they turned two of those records. I think into songs, but not every piece of that was ever released on streaming. But that's also something we learned early on too, that you know that we all kind of we don't regret it now, but like now when you look back at it in twenty twenty three, like it's like damn, Like if we kind of had our shit to get the way that we have now with streaming services, that could have just gone. Same with Ice Spice, Like we probably could have gotten Ice Spic's freestyle on streaming if this was, you know, a year and a half ago before she blew up.
Speaker 1: But I think that's all part of the learning process.
Speaker 2: You know. I wish I could have had these on streaming. I wish I could have had these records under my name, But.
Speaker 3: You never know, man, Like you know, like you said, like you gotta you gotta learn as you go, brother, Like this shit is there's no there's no roadmap to this shit. So guy stopped. The interviewer said about our good folks at odd Socks, Baby, yeah, shot out to odd Socks. Now, this is what I love about odd Socks. One, they're family, we love them, but also they have the most comfortable socks in the fucking world. All right. Now, look, they got the craziest licenses. You see the Jolly rancher. These are actually flies. Fuck some Dorido socks. H They got the w WE license, which is just my absolute favorite. And then personally my favorite is the odd socks basics. Now, these are just the basic socks. So these are in my bag because I'm taking these. I love these odd socks basics. These are literally the most comfortable socks in the world. All right. These are just the plane guys, all right. Also, they got the scarface, they got the Godfather, and they have underwear. What are we talking about? What are these two XL Reese's pieces? You know, if somebody was gonna wear some Reese's underwear, I'd assume they'd be a two x on the size. You know, shouts to the Ghostbusters. Look so much going on odd socks. What you gotta do is go to odd socksoficial dot com, use that promo code Bootleg, and you will save twenty percent off at checkout. All right, it don't matter what you're into. They got all the licenses. Coca Cola, you could be a pepsi guy. Instead, they got both You know what I'm saying, you're into maybe some anime. They got all the anime licenses. They got Naruto, they also got they just rolled out the new Power Rangers, Transformers, all that odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off right now. Oh my goodness, let me tell you something. The best part about my Bookie is not only is it the best sports book period. I mean, look, we're in the middle of baseball season, and baseball season is big money season. If you are a gambler, you know, baseball is where you get this sh money. All right. Not only that, but they got the full fledged casino going on. All right, I'm telling you. Last night, I'm on my Bookie, I'm playing Roulette with a lady. I'm looking at the lady. She's on video. She's rolling the wheel. It's a movie, all right. They got blackjack, they got whatever you're into, blackjack, craps man, all kinds of slots. Some of these slot games are so fun. All right, listen, everything you want all on one site, MyBookie dot ag. This is the best part. When you sign up with our promo code Bootleg, not only do you help us out but your help yourself out because you're gonna get that first deposit bonus money to gamble with immediately free once you sign up my bookie dot ag use the promo code Bootleg get the first deposit bonus. Right now, let's get back into the interview. The drill Ship is so like it feels like from like a guy who lives in LA because I got out there, we hung out with we hung out with Dusty, we hung out with who else a bunch of those guys. Yeah, but obviously the rep is is a very violent, divisive genre of music. Right do you have you ever got wrapped up in any of the fucking just because I'm sure you gotta kind of play friends with everybody, right of course, because and do you think it's a lot a lot of it's overstated?
Speaker 1: Well I got a few opinions on that.
Speaker 2: Well, Like the one thing I got caught up in was like when you know, there was like a point where I was like, all right, like y'all doing too much like this one on my show, Like I'm not trying to do all this right, So I had like made a statement where.
Speaker 1: That I caught a lot of flak for from people this is like a year ago. But I was like, look, I think I remember that you said, like no more think of anybody, no more name dropping.
Speaker 2: And if you do name drop, it's going to get xed out, right because I'm not trying to deal with an add to that, right, I don't. I'm not trying to add to that. I'm not trying to politic with that. And but I still want to support you out because I believe.
Speaker 3: In a lot of them.
Speaker 1: You feel me, And I caught a lot of flag for that.
Speaker 2: But over time, like you know, like anything, you just ride out the wave and it's cool. You know what I'm saying, Like nobody really is like is like upset by that anymore. They're like, oh, why can't I do the I'm like, I'm not going to let you use my platform as a way to like go at you, right, there's other platforms that you could go do that on.
Speaker 1: Go do that on that platform.
Speaker 2: This is like, you know, if you want to create like the corner like the perfect cornerstone hip hop platform, Like I don't want it to be known for that. So like that part, but I feel like, you know, when it comes to like the music itself is like these kids like this is what they really live in, and I feel like me, Like I think Rob Markman had also said on like Rotation Round Taylor show that I do on Amazon, he was like, look, man, he's like, if you really listen into a lot of like you know, gangster rap lyrics from like nineties, early two thousands, like if you listen to like the locks, like they they say in some of the same shit that these kids are saying, they just saying, it differ like definitely now it's more like I feel like it's more detailed, for sure, but also it's not that far from what we've already gotten in the past. You feel me and again like these kids like this is their real life situations and that's and you know.
Speaker 3: It just feels more like you said, not only the detailed aspect of it, but we also like back then we didn't have social media, so like motherfuckers were going live on people's blocks, and like it just feels like now it's like, man, these guys are really doing some shit on the internet, then going and rapping about it and then getting arrested for it and then getting sense like.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely dumb, Like like it's definitely dumb how they put everything on the Internet. But I'll be thinking about, like if the internet was around back then, like.
Speaker 3: It it'd be a wild place because then you had hip hop police back then, and I'm sure there's hip hop police now, but back then it was like there was like old task force, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, I was like, I was even just watching this video on the way here was like fifty cent.
Speaker 1: I forgot out what.
Speaker 2: BET Awards it was, but it was like, you know, they're like fifty was a wild boy, like he didn't wrap the whole first verse of his song, walked around the arena waiting to see if if any of his like Ops or whoever would do something, and like you know, and they were like and what was the caps was like, oh, the BT Wars need to start bringing rappers back to the BT Awards who be with each other, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I was like, first of all, terrible idea, terrible idea.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, it's like, but I think about I'm like, Okay, that was fifty back then now and that's without the Internet.
Speaker 1: So imagine if like it's.
Speaker 3: Been all over Academics and Shade Room and.
Speaker 1: Right, So it's like it's not that much.
Speaker 2: You know when people criticize or you know, the last generation criticizes this generation for what they do. I think it's just like you got to look in the mirror and be like, look, if social media was around when you guys were outside doing what ch'all was doing, is like, it wouldn't really be that different.
Speaker 1: We're all human at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: Like, I wouldn't be surprised if back then you would see like somebody on ag love talk, Oh.
Speaker 3: Like oh no no, if the Internet was not around. So it's like it's different, bro. It's like, shit, when fifty first came out, I'm not even sure my Space was popping like that. Definitely not definitely not, but it's like, yeah, it's different, different world everything, like everything is online. And then also the pressure of like having it not look like a bitch because you're on the Internet comes into people reacting. Maybe if they wouldn't have reacted had they not realized that the whole world will see how they.
Speaker 1: Would react, you know what I'm saying, right, But I'd be telling them too.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, look like sometimes, like what the music that ch'n'll make is like you have to remember that the music that you make, like it's.
Speaker 1: Not just people.
Speaker 2: And if we're talking strictly from a New York drill perspective, it's like it's not even just like the music. People in New York aren't just seeing this, like people all around the country seeing this, and like that affects your money at the end of the day too, because someone from you know, you're talking from like a West Coast perspective, if you hear them talking crazy dissing X Y and Z is like and you're a promoter or you're a showbook or whatever your love nation, It's like, I don't know if I want to book.
Speaker 3: These well, even like the Rolling Loud shit like guys was getting like they were getting banned from.
Speaker 2: Right ronk Tu two G's I think Dougie b two and like it's like I'm like some of this stuff and Ronzuno didn't. I don't know why they did that to Ronsruno, But like all this stuff can affect your money at the end of day and your longevity.
Speaker 1: So like let's say you have like the big this record in the world. Great, but like if how but like.
Speaker 3: Are you worth a liability for me to book you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what at what costs? Like, like it got you lit amazing congratulates. I think that that's great for you, but like at what cost does at what cost? Does it then affect the rest of your money now, because now people for the rest of time will be like, I don't know because they liability because you know, I don't want him coming to LA And then the people that they're talking about move to LA too, and then now they the people they talking about trying to get somebody to come from.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, if you think about the nationally biggest people, obviously Pop Smoke, Rest in Peace, Rest and Peace, Pop pivoted into and I don't even he didn't even get to see the success of his pivots sonically five or four, and you know, doing the record with Alicia and like not necessarily leaning on that ship. And then even like I mean, Ice Spice is wrapping over drill ship, you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, she's a pop star. It's kind of crazy, It's like really crazy. Yeah, Ice Spice is the closest thing that I've ever seen that if someone said that industry plans were real, which they're not. I don't believe that that.
Speaker 1: I don't beieve that either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a real thing. But if there was like some like internet rap conspiracy that ice Spice was an industry plan, I'd be like, I understand why you think that, right, because it is just like it's crazy. Has she done an interview beside you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, she's like breakfast clever or anything.
Speaker 1: She hasn't done. She did ebro on Apple Will on Apple one.
Speaker 3: She hasn't been like like like the traditional Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 2: She did Hot, she didn't she didn't want to have, but it wasn't like super And that she doesn't do a lot of interviews.
Speaker 1: I noticed that too.
Speaker 3: It's prance smart not to overexpose yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, like you know, you know what you were saying about, like the with Pop, Like, first of all, like the fact that Pop is still probably the.
Speaker 1: Most streamed artist in New York in terms of younger artists.
Speaker 3: And bro in La this motherfucker non stop every single power rotation for like two years straight. I'm talking about like what you know about love is still like a subpower in La. Yeah, crazy like and it's it's such because he didn't get to see, yeah, you know, the fruits of his labor one hundred percent. You know, Like I feel like the part too of what was the EP that he put out was the before he died.
Speaker 1: It was the oh that was the last piece of work, I think, yeah, before literally like two weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then this fucking album drops and it's like just hit record after hit record in this like and.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because this is like the album that dropped. Probably that was I don't know, I was they did some call where they played us a project. I don't know if they said it was sixty percent done before he passed away or something like that, but like you imagine it's like, Okay, what if you actually what if it's still around him? He was here to finish these records and had the features on it that he wanted, you know, not saying that they put all those features on there, because.
Speaker 3: I think fifty did a great job of like executive producing and same because like, yeah, this because the last album was cool, but it was definitely you're like, oh, this this was like super unfinished stuff that they just pulled together and they so many random features and ship and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of my one of my man's produced one of the songs on on on that on that project, and then they switched they like switched.
Speaker 3: The beat on him. See like that kind of shit.
Speaker 2: It's like you know, or like they had two songs on there, the one with Busy Banks and the one with Ross Wish. Those were songs that were finished before he passed away. Fish No, No, they let him on, but you could tell, like when you listen to the project, you can kind of tell what records were there before he passed away versus what was kind of like kind of Frankenstein together after the fact, and like that sucks to me, Like and I heard stories of like his friends verses getting taken over from him and stuff like that, Like and I don't like shit like that kind of like look like he was trying to put his Like Pop was always about putting his people.
Speaker 1: Like if you watch all these interviews when especially the Angie interview.
Speaker 2: He talked about Chef, he talked about Sleepy, I think he talked about Busy and there he talked about Ross Wish trying to think well, but like he was always about putting like people who he fuck went on, So like I think that that's just unfortunate that we got to a point where it's like, Okay, now we're just gonna we're gonna throw this pop verse here. We're gona tho this pop verse here, you know what I'm saying. Like, I know there's one on ne Ego's album. I don't know where that came from. Like, I think about things like that, and that shit kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: Tiger's got Hella versus, Oh pop versus.
Speaker 3: I think he's got one or two out.
Speaker 1: I'm like Tiger, he got the Sunshine one, the one with him, and.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's another one though on my trip and now I'm thinking Tiger and him had a record together.
Speaker 1: On West West Coast. Yeah, I liked West Coast.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like you think about like I don't know, I don't know if Sunshine was done before Pop passed away or not. I'm not gonna I don't know the story behind that record, but like if it was Franken's signed together, it's.
Speaker 3: Like, damn, Like they did a good job.
Speaker 1: They did a good job of Franken signing that one together, but it was kind of sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna ask you, like so this complex list comes out right, Okay, uh this is this is the headline. No, I'm just curious because like I feel like you're very like to like you. I mean, I'm be honest with you. I feel like you're the premier freestyle platform now. I feel like you guys, what you guys are doing is more important. Know what the Leakers do? Flex is flex, you know, so flex is gonna get like yeah, he legend regardless the Conway shit that just happened was crazy. Like I mean, I still watch the Black Thought one like once a week if.
Speaker 1: Me are obviously Meek Mill and the Tory Lane's ones, I always watch.
Speaker 3: But I was gonna say for you, like, you know, we do we do freestyles here. We drop like two probably one or two a week. It just depends on what happens here. But like you guys have really dug your heels into the freestyle lane and it's it's been dope to see because I feel like like you said, like being in New York there is like you can't you can't just be anybody and go see flex. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta have a certain it's gotta makes sense for him you know what I mean, for you, you're giving people platforms that you just believe in or that you're like, hey, I think this person's dope. I think more people should have eyes on these on this person. So do you when you see like a list like that come out, do you feel like you deserve more acknowledgment when it comes to certain shit like that? Or you, I mean, you're still like a relatively new platform, but like what your thoughts on that kind of shit?
Speaker 2: I mean obviously, like you know, I'm like, first of all, thank you for the for the for the common words, and like also kind of just going off what you said about giving people a chance, Like the one thing I want to say about on the Radar is I like, the reason why on the Radar is what it is is because my goal for it is to be able for you to have a meek mill or a little baby on there. But then also, Lil homie from down the block, you feel me because I feel like there's no place where you marry all those things into one place. That's just about the culture, about hip hop, about music in general, right, But when I see things like that, like of course, like I'm like, man, like you know I was bummed out about it, but like I've been the underdog for so long in my life and in my career that like it doesn't phaze me because I know, you know, the numbers are like like I don't like to be the person like look at the numbers, but the numbers are there. You feel me like we're doing things that hasn't really been seen in a long time, and hasn't you know, there is no platform since like I feel like like a rap city that or like one or six in part that's or TRL that's really kind of brought like the up and coming and like the Who's Hot at the same time, right, the fact that I can go on my show and like Bro from down the Block was there and as he's walking out and Elie Choppa is walking in, like that's fire.
Speaker 1: Right, you know what I'm saying, Like nobody's doing something like that, or.
Speaker 2: Like Sexy reds walking walking in as like this up and coming R and B singer from Jerseys is leaving like that's dope. So of course, like I see that and I'm like, damn, like this is crazy, Like I feel like we deserve the recognition. It was funny because when that list came out that same night, I was at like this the Veto event at like Legos and uh and like then they put the complex posted like the up next like list thing.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, hip Hop's next, like whatever.
Speaker 2: I forgot what they called it, but it was just like it was just like a social post and it was like me, haking from OGM.
Speaker 1: Don't call me white girl.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to Well, there a few other people on that list, but I'm like, all right, so I'm a social post, you know what I'm saying. But I appreciate all the recognition regardless because I know that like it's gonna be there right one way or another.
Speaker 3: But also like I just be getting tired of the list too. We also, this shit doesn't really matter. It doesn't like help. It's like like you said, check the check the scoreboard, you know what I'm saying. Like, yeah, like I had people hitting me like and I genuinely just didn't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you feel about that?
Speaker 3: I didn't give a fuck, bro, Like I really didn't expect to be on the list. Like we over here in LA we are very independent operation. I don't care about none of that shit, bro, like they try to uh get me to like be angry on some who show was on when they asked me about it, t rel shit, I just did. I just like I have no emotion, man, Like my whole thing towards it is like you know, at the end of the day, like I'm doing me. If people want to recognize it, it's cool. If not, we're gonna be all right. Like yeah, that's how I feel Shit's moving.
Speaker 2: Were good because I feel like it's just like you know, people love making these lists, right, and also it's.
Speaker 3: A it's also that's why I'm surprised you in because I mean list of Complex at East Coast by his place, right, So I was really thinking, like, how's the fuck is going on over everything? Like you've had more moments than a lot of these motherfuckers, you know what I'm saying, Like, and you're doing it with the high integrity, you know what I mean? Yeah, and Complex stirring up bullshit, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Complex showed us, has shown us mad love, Like we just had two freestyles on like the top twenty five verses of the year so far, and they've done like other stuff with me before. So but I didn't feel no way because of that, Like I wasn't I didn't hit my man's that complex, Like, yo, bro, why you ain't put me on I would never do that because I don't. I don't think that's a you know, that's an integrity thing. Like I would never handle business like that or come out my neck at someone like that because that's just not how I am. But you know, at the end of day, it's like, you know, you still are disappointed. You're like, damn, I wish I could have been recognized by this. But it's like it's cool because I just kind of turned all that fuel into motivation. Like whenever they told me, oh, like you know you won't be able to have this artist a right, cool, I'll see you in a year, right, and like you know, then we then they end up coming back around anyway because now they're like okay, cool, or like, you know, we'll have an artist who comes on the show and we'll do an interview. They're like, I don't know if I want a freestyle, and I'm like, I I'll see you, and i'll see you in six months and then six months later, yo.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's stop the interview real quick to tell you about our good folks at King Palm. That's right, man, shout out to King Palm. We're talking about them. But that organic, all right, that natural them leafs, all right, there's no tobacco involved, and they're so smooth when you smoke in them. I love King Poms, the only thing I'm smoking at it now. If you go to your local liquor store, you go to your local smoke shop, you can get King Palms. Of course, seven eleven's got the King Poms. And they have so many crazy flavors. Like shout out to Sugar Sean who's from Phoenix, Arizona, my hometown. He's got his own flavor. They just sent us these. Now, what's dope about King Palm is that they have the turping infused flavors. So at the end of the tip of these pre rolls, right, you get the leaf, you squeeze the tip, that's what she said, and then you just get a burst of flavor. This is that honey mango all right. Now, this is the most important part. This is absolutely natural, tobacco free leafs, the cleanest way to smoke, all right. Trust me when I say, man, we love King Palm. Over here. So many flavors. I mean, shout out to the grape, Shout out to the honey mango, Shout out to the sugar punch right here. You know what I'm saying. Look, if you go to Kingpom dot com right now, you can get hooked up with everything you need at fifty percent off if you use the promo code bootleg or bootleg keV. Try either one of those. I forget which one it is. It's bootleg or it's bootleg keV.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: The correct promo code will be down below. Use the one that's down here. Kingpom dot com. Get fifty percent off right now. Shout out to king Pom. Also when a shout out to our good folks at blue Chew Baby, shout out to blue Choo. Now, this what's going on with blue Choo? Man? Everybody keeps asking me this blue Choo work. Yes, it works, but don't take my word for it. You're gonna get a month for free when you go to blue Choo dot com and you use the promo code bootleg a month for free. Now, what is blue cheo? Fellas? If you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, Fellas, if your dick is not getting as hard as you'd like it to. Maybe for your wife. Oh, I don't know. Listen, all you gotta do is go to blue Cheo dot com and has the same active ingredients as viagra and sealis, but it's getting delivered to you in a chewable form right to your door, in discrete packaging. And you do not have to go into a doctor's office to get blue Cheo. You go to blue choo dot com, you use the promo code bootleg. You get a month supply delivered to your door discretely, of course, discreetly, no doctor's appointments, no going and leaving your house and sitting in a lobby and waiting for some you know lady to call you in so you can tell her how your cock's not working properly. It happens, fellas all right, bluehoo dot com take my word for it. Also take their word for it, because they're gonna give you a month supply for free, just fight dollars shipping blue choo dot com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview. Is it hard to I was gonna say this because you'll get freestyles from artists who traditionally don't do freestyles, right, Yeah, So do they go there knowing they're gonna freestyle because a lot of times we'll run into that where like somebody will come to LA and they'll have like their LA leakers shit ready. Yeah, and obviously the well I'm vala leakers ain't a thing anymore, y'all, breaking news. They're just incredible thing ready. And uh, you know, like we're we're not like our brand isn't freestyle driven. We do freestyles, yeah, but it's not like you know, we do both, you know what I mean. I would say we're more known for interviews, you know, of course, So like I got to hit artists sometimes and be like, hey, I know you come to LA, make sure you got the other clip ready, you know what I mean, Like save me something, you know what I mean. But but y'all, I feel like now if people come to New York like they're coming there to do your shit, yeah, I think you know, even like because flex is a lot harder to get onto, you know what I mean? Like, so like do you do you guys have those conversations like hey, look just just do something, man, if you like it, we'll use it.
Speaker 1: If not we'll scrap it, Like hell yeah, we definitely have those commos.
Speaker 2: Like I also give artists like the opportunity like, look, if you don't want to do a freestyle, like, let's get a performance video out of you.
Speaker 3: Ud. I know y'all do that, like you did the Sexy Read performance.
Speaker 2: Exactly yeah, which which one of the funniest things we ever shot too. But like Annalie Choppa did a performance with his dude Gino. It's two times four times. I'm sorry if I say that wrong, Bro, I'm sorry. But like he did a performance off the deluxe off of Condomwood too, which is totally cool because it still went crazy regardless because at the end the day, not a lot of people knew that song. So a lot of people in the comments like, oh, this is a fire freestyles far even though it's people don't know how to read too. By the way, it's like it says performance at the bottom, but regardless, but I just try to get something out of that. I'm like, look, if you don't like it, maybe come do a lip sync of like a song that you have on the project, like like something, let's just do something, you know what I'm saying. Because I like maximizing content, Like you're there, you're there for an hour, it's like a twenty thirty minute interview sometimes depending how talkative you are. And then you know, then if you do a lip sync, it takes like ten minutes not even to get that done. But you know, most people already know. Like if but if I had a dollar, bro, for like how many freestyles we haven't released too or like you know, haven't come out, like you know, i'd be rich by now.
Speaker 3: What is? Don't tell me who did it? But what was the because we've had some very long freestyle sessions where motherfuckers will take like thirty takes. Oh yeah, okay, okay, where it's like crazy, like I think there was like one time we had someone who was in here for like an hour and I literally was like, look, man, I got shit to do, so this is your final go and they got it. What was the longest you had to wait for someone to nail their ship?
Speaker 1: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: I hear you in the back. No, I'm not gonna say no name. I'm not gonna don't say the name.
Speaker 3: Don't say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know me, I'm not gonna do that, but it was actually pretty It was actually within the last six months. There was one that we stopped laughing. Yo, we were there a month ago, maybe I know I was more than a month ago. We were there at nine pm.
Speaker 3: When'd you leave? I left it like twelve Jesus she went, she went, the gonna laugh still what but like I'm gonna say that that's the case. You gotta be like, Yo, if we get this right, it's gonna do well for us. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, there's you know that happens a lot though.
Speaker 2: It's like me and me and like look at each other and like I like, you know, we both had that like look on our FACEO, like we want to go home, but like we both like are like very well aware that's like, look, if we get this done, this shit is gonna go.
Speaker 1: And if they tell us they don't want it out, they're never coming back. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We sit spent three hours with your ass.
Speaker 1: Like, Nah, we've had that.
Speaker 2: That's happened a lot too us, Like where artists have like come on and then they'll just be like they'll do their shit right and like let's say we drop it like a month or two later whatever it is right, and then they'll be like, oh, I don't want I don't like this anymore. And then they're like, I want to come redo it. I'm like no, like like yeah, because it's like I'm like, if you got it, you don't have to wait.
Speaker 3: Like somebody asked to redo an interview after it was like a two hour long interview, and yeah, I don't like the way it came off in that. Let me redo that.
Speaker 1: A two hour long interview is crazy, by the way, for them to ask to redo it.
Speaker 3: It's someone that we're very close friends with. Its bold.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for you to tell me after. But you let them, you would you let people come back after that, you'd be like, nah, don't.
Speaker 1: Come back no more.
Speaker 3: Freddy Gives is one of my best friends.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Freddy Gis.
Speaker 3: We did an interview and he was like, hey, man, can we just redo the whole hitter? And I was like, bro, did you drop it? I was like I had to cut out so much and I get it. He was in a weird place, like and he just didn't want certain shit in there by the time. No, it wasn't the one when we was drunk.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now do you cut up your interviews a lot like that?
Speaker 3: I give a like artist opportunity, like you know, like you said, like, I don't want to like make people uncomfortable coming over here. So if like there's an artist that like comes on the show and they're like, hey, I said this and you take that out, I don't care, Like I'm not going to be like nah fuck that, you know, like the only time that ever happened was we had dropped a little Pump interview.
Speaker 1: H and y'all, Chuckley tells me everything I need to know about this interview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and look, well he tried to like his little weeny ass white boy manager. I was like, bro, you know where the fuck we at, bro come through if you want to talk that crazy shit. Like, So what happened was the interview goes up. They didn't like to tie because I put.
Speaker 1: Oh, they never liked the time. They never liked the time I put.
Speaker 3: I put like little Pump on New Music.
Speaker 2: H J.
Speaker 3: Cole predicting his fall off or no, no, I didn't say his fall off his career. If if J Cole predicted his career something like, it wasn't even like crazy like flavoring right, But they didn't like the fact Jay Cole was mentioned in the in the title, so I even so they hit me. And then they had like his other manager hit me, who like works I forget what label she works at, but she works with Doug, she works with a lot of people. She's like well respected in the industry. So I took it out of the title, right, And then then they had hit me and they were like because we put the clip up, because we put clips up right, like yo. His guy hit me like, yo, you gotta take that shit down. And I was like, or what, it's already up? Like what you mean? I gotta take it down. Tell me what's gonna happen if I don't take it down, bro? Like what do you? What the fuck are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: You see you come back to the studio. We're here all day, you know what I mean? And uh, little Pump posted my phone number on his story and said call me. My phone was blowing the fuck up for like, oh oh my god, oh my yeah, it was hilarious. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So you're changing number obviously?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I I just was like two phones, right, So I just turned that one off. I was driving to Mexico at the time, so I just turned it off and I had I had all kinds of fucking like weird ass like pasty white bitches from Germany sending me nudes and ship on WhatsApp. Like it was fucking weird. What the hell? It was super weird. But but you have the interview obviously, Fuck yeah, it's on there, right and go run it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep keep watching that, I guess right, yeah, And it was like a.
Speaker 3: Fair interviewed a little pump. I was like giving him props and ship. I see.
Speaker 1: I've watched some of the clips too, Like it didn't even seem like it was like it is what it is.
Speaker 3: It was funny though.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like a messy interview.
Speaker 3: It wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was very just a genuine conversation about where he's at.
Speaker 3: And like the whole But you know what, people are delusional.
Speaker 1: People are extremely delusional.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, if he'd have shown some sort of like humility and like like you know, self awareness in that interview, I feel like people would have been like, oh, a little pump, you know, mature a little. But he was like I'm rich when I was like, did J Cole, you know, looking back at y'all's interview, when y'all's interaction, do you think he predicted anything that ended up happening with your career. He's just like, I just know I'm rich. And I was like, all right, bro, well well J Cole.
Speaker 1: J Cole is also very rich.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Ja Cole, the co owner of the Hornets. God damn it, literally co owner of the Hornets.
Speaker 1: Now that shit is crazy to me. I love that from you.
Speaker 3: Guys have such a high output in terms of just like you guys do a lot, right, Yeah? How many? How many things a week do you feel you would? You say you film?
Speaker 2: I mean it could arrange for anywhere, like from fifteen to twenty. I feel like, you know what I'm saying, Uh, depending on the week that we're having. Like when we're on tour, we film a lot because we're doing only freestyles out.
Speaker 3: Right, so everybody pull up, yeah, pull up, shoot.
Speaker 1: Bing bang boom, Like today I'll give you. I'll tell you what we're doing today.
Speaker 3: We're doing.
Speaker 2: Give me the list, John, We're doing, We're doing what he's John calls at the California Love site but that's what we're calling it.
Speaker 1: Right. So we got a bunch of artists pulling up to you today. Here, give me the list.
Speaker 3: This is all Cali artists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we have Reason, we have kembe X, we got Simba.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got Jason Cash, we got pac Man, the Gunman, Incognita, Kayla James, and as the last Stone confirmed today. Just now, Oh, Jaystone's gonna be in the site. Make sure he's on time again.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're you know, googling the politics there.
Speaker 1: Oh, the politics is messing on that one. No, no, no, no, no, they don't know about each other.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying Stone. Oh, like, if you ever come to Cali and you're gonna have like thirty rappers in the building at the same time, just make sure everybody knows about each other before that happens. Oh yeah, I'm not saying anybody on that list you just said. I'm not applying that to them because they're all very mature, great dudes, you know, Yeah, but yeah, not just you know, La can get tricky.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, yeah, I feel that was the one thing is like I'm like, I can't wear a Yankee hat out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can I'm just I mean, you can wear a Yankee hat, you just can't go to certain places wherever you're at, you're probably fine.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me that, bro, I didn't pack no Yankee finish the play awards.
Speaker 3: Like you're find like in Hollywood, you're finding the valley you just can't go to, like South Central, you really can't. Just there's like a bubble, the like I'm in town bubble. You know, I'm in town bubble and you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Well, he got pressed by a valet once, right, he got pressed by a valet once. What color was that.
Speaker 3: Red yet? Yeah, like the navy blue one by the stadium. Which stadium? Oh yeah, I mean that makes sense. Okay, that's downtown.
Speaker 1: So that that's how there you goes. That's how we messed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I would say, Hollywood to the valley, you know, Melrose, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, you'll be good West Hollywood. But yeah, yeah, once you started getting to that downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, like I feel like that's only that's that's the only downside that I've that I thought out here.
Speaker 3: But that's the sip of Also, if you were to the rock Nation is a great choice because you can't wear any hat out here. I think there's two hats that are safe, but every other hat is something. But I'm a hat guy, right, so I don't give a fuck. I just be you know, hey, man, where are you from?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: From here? Buddy? What's up? I've never you know? You know, I did get I got pressed recently, but it was it wasn't even like, uh yeah, I got pressed recently, very weird set of circumstances. But it wasn't because of the hat I was wearing. It was because I I was trying to find a place to piss and I walked down the wrong cult to sack.
Speaker 1: Now that that no bathroom nearby? Where you have no bathroom nere is mean, it's like where do I go?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So what like cause again, like I said, you guys have so much output? How big is the team? Like, like how many people you got on the squad that is like helping push everything out?
Speaker 1: So we got Rob he's like the main shooter editor. We got John.
Speaker 2: He runs the record label, also does like talent relations, Toby, talent relation and sales.
Speaker 3: She's a She's a monster, she's the sales Yeah, Brandy like hook you up at the Puma deal or yeah, yeah, she's.
Speaker 2: Been bringing a lot of that. We got some we got a lot of dope stuff on the way with that. We got Calvin who does pictures. We got JV who is kind of like our he does a little bit of everything like interning wise.
Speaker 1: And then we just brought my young guy right here.
Speaker 3: JC.
Speaker 1: We met him at New Orleans last week. He's from Orleans, An so.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, and you meet him at the Rop forty unite.
Speaker 2: Things, Yeah, yeah, pretty much. And and he's and he's dope, he's good, he works hard. So we're like fucking like, we're going from Nola to LA. Let's bring him to La with us, and you know, let's see what he could do. So we have like about like a five person team.
Speaker 3: How many you did Atlanta, you did New Orleans, you're in LA. How many cities are you doing on the tour thing we've done?
Speaker 1: Like we're doing like ten.
Speaker 2: But it's definitely gonna keep just going up because like I feel like what I wanted for on the radar right because we came up under the New York stuff and obviously I feel like for me at least I feel like I've done like almost pretty much everything I've wanted to do in New York. Right, I'm always going to be back in New York, always gonna do upcoming New York, New York artists, Cause's where I'm from, that's home. Like my vision for this show is like, I want to be the biggest music platform in the world.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: So we're doing We're We're also doing Houston, Detroit, We're doing the Bay, We're doing Chicago, We're doing DC, We're doing Miami, We're.
Speaker 1: Doing Charlotte, North Carolina. What else am I missing? I think that's really That's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: And then and then I think we're gonna work with Sleazy World go to bring to go to Kansas, Yeah, because he wants to bring us out to Kansas, which is dope. Might go to Ohio at some point, and then next year we want to go We're gonna go to Montreal. We want to go to Toronto, we want to go to Yep, we want to go do Ghana, Nigeria.
Speaker 1: We want to do the UK. We want to do London, Spain, France, Italy, Germany.
Speaker 3: So I want to do in the DJ set thing now right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love house music too, like, so we kind of are also using that as like a way to pivot and kind of enter in other lanes of music too, because we have hip hop, we have R and B, we got some Spanish music that we've been really pushing out lately. And but I want to also, like I said, I wanted to be the biggest music platform in the world. So I'm deaf trying to like do DJs as to kind of like get that European audience too, because they're really into that.
Speaker 3: You got to go to London, man, I know, that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the goal. That's the goal.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We've had like AJ, Tracy Digady, Unknown T gigs, like it's the London Trip is like the London Trip is just gonna be like me going back to New York. I feel like it's just like we're just gonna run sh it up out there. And I love the UK culture, like the fact that Central C was able to be the first hard first UK artist to do the double XL cover as far as I'm.
Speaker 3: Aware, Yeah, I think I mean one Savage that's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, like I love the UK right now, and I think the UK like UK artists are like really like they're they're bodying a lot of like.
Speaker 3: The American art agree. I love that central Ce Dave oh I got one.
Speaker 1: Of the best projects of the year so far.
Speaker 2: We had this conversation I think on uh, I think on round table, people are like, oh, why do we feel like male hip hop artists are like doing it right now? And I'm like, I'm just like, I feel like the music just isn't translating as much to audiences as well as it did before because a lot of it maybe is like the gangster rap part of it. I don't know, but I feel like UK artists take their craft very seriously, like I think they take their craft maybe more seriously sometimes an American artists, at least upcoming ones.
Speaker 3: I feel like also people don't give the like the UK drill scene is kind of what kept that shit alive, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I made the New York shit kind of I feel like because it was like Chicago and then UK and then we got this Brooklyn, New York. Yeah, version of the of the sub genre if you will. All right, Well, look man, you got anything else coming up? Man, We got the tour you guys signed an artist.
Speaker 1: We're working on it.
Speaker 2: We're working on We got the On the Radar records right now. Right now, we're doing like projects. So I got a bunch of projects that we got coming out under on the Radar. We got a lot of singles. We got a uh huh, Yeah, we got our first afrobeat single that maybe out by the time Y'll see this. With this girl Foddy, she's from the air, incredible, incredible talent. We've worked with her for a little bit while we went viral with her over in Africa like a year ago with one of her performances on my show. So we got that, got a lot of singles on the way I'm trying to but also we have coming up. We were coming Yeah, I sent a bunch of EPs, were going to different cities and yeah, man, I'm just I'm really just trying to bring on the Radar and make on the Radar the biggest and best music platform that's this world has ever seen. I've seen, like you know, how Americans, how we look at one O six in Park and Rahap City and how we think about that and how we idolize those platforms, like I wanted to be thought.
Speaker 1: I want on the radar, be thought about that. But like around the world.
Speaker 3: Also because the TV shit don't matter no more. So it's like, yeah, it's no one cares. Yeah TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I want YouTube's TV. Bro, YouTube is TV.
Speaker 2: So if you're not on YouTube, you know what I'm saying. But I wanted, I want it to be the biggest music platform in the world. So that's like, that's an angle for me.
Speaker 3: Well ship being. Congrats brother, you're on your way, man, appreciate your pulling up. Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you're what it is.
Speaker 3: Hey, this interview is brought to you by our good folks at hard Dean. All Right, shout out to the hard Dean family in Las Vegas. Makes you follow them. Hard Dean underscore Las Vegas the number one dispensary period all right, the craziest selection of premiums premium cannabis you get asked for. Plus when you go to Hardean Lasvegas dot com, you can check out all the other cool stuff that got going on. You know, they got a whole weed university happening in Vegas. Hardean is where it's at. All right, So if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxicab, you say, take me to Hardean and when you get there, you tell them wonderful bud Tenders that I sent you and they're gonna take care of you. Hardean underscored Las Vegas. Go follow them and yeah, we got another interview coming soon