Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB.
Speaker 2: This is leading off live broud toy by Prize Pick. Sign up for prize picks today with that promo code leading off. It is me Joey p That of course is the Welsh and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks talking baseball. We got another call up, Welsh, another one. The rookie lookies never seemed to end in twenty twenty three. We're gonna talk about that, what you should spend in terms of fab how long this player is going to be up. We're going to talk about the re juvenition of Gunner Henderson and a whole lot more here, Welsh. I think we got to jump right into the rookie lookie because Luis Matos got called up by the Giants Madge Hannigher with an injury. We'll get to him in a second, but it looks like Matos is gonna be playing center field, batting second today. The twenty one year old was hitting three to ninety eight with a four thirty five obp a six eighty five, slugging seven homers six deals in twenty four games since getting the bump up to triple a he started out in this year, so I know people are excited for Matos.
Speaker 1: But here's the big question.
Speaker 2: Is this a short term kind of fix or do you think Mantos has more long term appeal for our twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 1: I should do.
Speaker 3: I think this is like a long term thing. He was bound to come up. He's younger of funny enough, I've kind of cited this exact thing with Marco Luciano throughout the year of why he stinks of how he came up with Corbyn Carroll and CJ. Abrams. Well so did Matos, and Matos is already here. He's got this really easy kind of like standy upright swing, doesn't do too much, makes beautiful contact, the ball can actually fly. I kind of think we might be a little rookie lookie drunk in some of it, where you could have your expectations a little too high. But I do think Mantos can be like a fifteen to fifteen guy at the majors. I don't know if it's gonna go bonkers. I feel like he stolen bases, might be a little bit more than power. All that aside, I think he's a potential twelve team pick type of guy, because I do think he's gonna stick around for quite some time. And what he did. The other thing you got to remember is like, as a twenty one year old, got a under seven percent strikeout rate in triple A, which is crazy. It's crazy numbers. It was nine percent at double A. He also played in the AFL and was one of the best hitters. He's just a complete package. Just that package isn't like La Da La Cruz or anything like that. This is definitely a very exciting, exciting guy. But I'm I'm going to also watch if he goes through some slumps, if there's any you know, ups and downs and backthroughs. But power speed, let's do it. Go pick him up. Twelve teen probably not ten well.
Speaker 2: Hanneger suffered a fractured right forearm was hit by a pitch yesterday, so that's gonna be a while. I mean, anytime something breaks, you're looking at a month somewhere around there. So that's gonna be a problem. So we'll see, we'll see if Mato's can get.
Speaker 1: The job done.
Speaker 2: Here's a question for you too, in terms of fab budget, how aggressive are you going to be on that waiver? Wire, and let's say it's a twelve team league. Let's say all things being equal, or at this point in the season, maybe you got half of your budget left. You know, I don't even know if that's practical at this point, because I'm sure with all the injury you've had and all of these rookies that have been called off even so aggressive, I bet we have more like thirty five to forty percent of budgets left.
Speaker 1: Really at this point, I'll bet you it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet it's closer to like thirty percent of what everyone's got.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: This isn't the hyper aggressive to me. I think there's a potential he might be a little bit more exciting in points leagues because of his inability to strike out in a good way, you know, so he's not striking out a whole bunch, which has been nice. I just don't I don't know what the number is. Maybe fifteen percent of what I have left. I might go in if I have a need at outfield. This isn't one to me that is hyper aggressive. But I'd also say this, I don't know if I was like crazy on Matt McClain and Matt McClain has been kind of bonkers this year. So you know, the rookies are playing at a completely different level. Stolen bases are accessible at a completely different level. Just know what the power is going to look like in San Francisco for him. But if you can manage, you know, some decent batting average, not striking out, stolen bases, runs at least three categories, be happy and then maybe maybe we'll see that bump up a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Before we get to the rest of the headlines for today, that was a big one that just dropped not that long ago. Jake Fouz Now, Jake, we love Corbyn Carroll here, but I just want to point this out, he says, the corbyin Carroll MVP odds now at plus fifteen hundred. I got him at plus ten thousand a week ago. Good on you, cash out. He's not winning MVP. I'm just telling you right now, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Unless Akunya gets hurt. Unless Acunia gets hurt. It's the only way.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, I think that would be the only way.
Speaker 2: And even then, even then, I just don't know if he's a public enough figure in the media yet for that award.
Speaker 1: I just started.
Speaker 3: Don't think Joe, it's starting to turn. I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 2: Well, you're in Arizona, so I think you have a little bit of a national view of how you want to know more embracing Corbyn Carroll.
Speaker 3: You say that, I do. Lordscury has more fan votes than Corbyn Carroll for the All Star Game. That's asinine and that's coming out.
Speaker 1: Of his hair is very excitings hair is.
Speaker 3: Very cool like Corby Carroll's legit on pace to be easy thirty thirty guy. And I think there'll be more public spotlight, especially into the All Star Game. When he makes the All Star Game, that's his hometown. I think he's gonna be featured into that. The Diamondbacks being the top in the end, I think all those things are gonna get him pushed more into the public light. But again we're talking about like Acuna having to be hurt and having to miss significant time. Kerl's not gonna win it. The Ker's gonna run away with the Rookie of the Year award.
Speaker 1: That's a hunder question at.
Speaker 3: This point, and he might run away with I don't know what they look like. It'd be fun to go and look, but what are the most dominant rookie seasons statistically? Corby Carroll's gonna walk away with what might be the most dominant rookie season at the end, because he's gonna he's legit, gonna go twenty thirty easy, that's our you know, minus three point fifty off and then you go up twenty five thirty five really really possible. He might be a third player.
Speaker 2: Two players have one MLB Rookie of the Year and MVP in the same year.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I I wasn't even asking that. That's a great status.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if anybody wants to venture a guess in the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks of the chat, there's been two of them. I'll give you a hint. They were both in the American League. But only two players have been named Rookie of the Year n MVP in the.
Speaker 3: Same before you and I were born.
Speaker 2: One of them was one of them not so much at all, and the other one is there was also one person.
Speaker 1: Who was named cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I think they all lifetime at least I think a couple of the guys got the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trent Fleming got it, Jerry got it or Heey got it. They were all over this Trent like, give it to me, give it to me, was your best.
Speaker 3: So there was a Cy Young MVP rookie, there was that Why Young, and there's another MVP.
Speaker 2: No, no, there was a cy Young rookie, and then an MVP rookie that we haven't mentioned. And this was a very other player. Ioul have borderline Hall of Famer. I'm saying, no, no, I'm saying there's two that won MVP and Rookie of the Year, and then one that won Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 3: He is the rookie of the Year since we've been born.
Speaker 1: Since I've been born. Yeah about you? So, I think it's right on the borderline.
Speaker 3: I gets it into the low eighties, like between eighty and eighty three, everybody, So somewhere in there, if you guys are looking for, I have no idea who the like.
Speaker 2: David Johnson got it. It's Freddy Lynn of the Boston Red Sox back in the mid seventies.
Speaker 1: There. Fred Land was a great player at Liz.
Speaker 2: I want to say he was on the seventy five team against the big red machine, and he was ticketed for a big career, had some injuries, ended up in Los Angeles, had some good years for the Los Angeles Angels.
Speaker 1: They made the playoffs in eighty six.
Speaker 2: I believe he was on that team of Memory Serves and they lost to the Red Sox in the playoffs that year. So yeah, Freddy Linn and the pitcher, if you know the pitcher shouted out there, let's go to some boy headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, but the one thing I wanted to throw in real quick, I'm sorry I throw you off there. But again, back to the original part of the question would be like what do the most dominant rookie seasons look like? Eachi Rose Rookie of the Year season, he had fifty six stolen bases, but eight homers, two hundred and forty two hits, hit three point fifty sixty nine RBI, one hundred and twenty seven runs, So that's pretty dominant. It's not in our.
Speaker 2: Heils like an enormous amount of media attention on him and came to the States.
Speaker 3: He's completely different. It's different playing professionally than corbucrrol. But my point is is like, what are the stacks there three fifty batting averages, a big guy one hundred and twenty seven runs, fifty seven stolen bases.
Speaker 1: The corby Carl doesn't deserve to be in that conversation.
Speaker 2: I think the point I'm making is that the each Euro kind of elaborates what I'm saying is for this to happen in modern day baseball nowadays, it's gotta be some sort.
Speaker 1: Of phenomenon in each row?
Speaker 2: Was that Eachi row? Everybody hearing about each row? Each Euro came over and is that therookie I'm trying to remember what the Mariners did his rookie season?
Speaker 3: Was that the I don't remember when ye was one two thousand.
Speaker 2: And one, but then that was the year where they won one hundred and twenty games, do you remember or whatever it was, and then they lost to the Yankees in the playoffs after nine to eleven. That was that unbelievable record breaking team. A certain team actually going on there.
Speaker 3: I just want to point out, if we're talking about those rookies, a certain team won the World Series in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: That's right, the big deal, But what again, it's like the counter to the other one. By the way, Lucas got it from Nono Lenzuela for non Dominia. I want to see that.
Speaker 3: I just think that Cormyn Carroll might walk out of this with the most dominant statistical rookie season. Will it be the best? Maybe not. You could argue we could go back and look at a couple. I mean last year Julio and Bobby Witt were awesome in their stats. But you know, we could get nuts. It might taper down, but guess what the floor is going to look like for Corbyn the rest of the year. It's still going to be five. That is I think the floor.
Speaker 2: Looks Look if you're playing on a spot where you got it plus ten thousand, you can cash out now now that it's plus one thousand, do it.
Speaker 1: It's just you made my mind on your rookie Ye great, I am je right exactly.
Speaker 2: Hunter Brown delivered a very good performance. Seven whiffs on ninety nine pitches, so that's good for him. He is now six and three on the season, A three three five era, a one one nine whip, eighty three k's twenty six walks for seventy five ings. He's been exactly the guy that I was hoping he would be I was all in love me some Hunter Brown. Gunner Henderson showing signs of life again. He's now hitting five twenty over his last seven games, got four bombs and two steals over that. So Gunner Henderson, for all of you that bought low, for all of you that stayed the course, congratulations, you're getting.
Speaker 3: Paid right now. Listen to the trade video. I want to point out with Hunter Brown, that's why the finger up here eight to one Rookie of the Year was at least yesterday. I really still like him.
Speaker 1: He's still in this mix.
Speaker 2: I've got a share of him, and I think I got it at ten or twelve.
Speaker 3: Yoshidah is still number one at least this is the last time I looked two days.
Speaker 1: With I don't see him betting that award.
Speaker 3: I have that bet so I love it. Josh Young, I think is maybe the guy. But Hunter Brown is eight to one right now. Gunner's falling down to fourth in that voting. I think Hunter might be the guy that you sneak in because he's gonna go the rest of the year. He's not coming off. He's gonna have double digit wins. I think he might be able to sneak in. I think that's a really good bet. There's no point in betting the NL Rookie of the year, but Al's got some value still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Al was definitely one that was tougher to peg. Gunner Henderson was my early investment. Wouldn't that be something if he came back all this way and just said, I'm because you know, you know, and I know if he has a monstrous last three months of the season, nobody's gonna care about April when it comes to Gunner Henderson and I actually have one that was in a very high number, which was Gunner and Corbin Carroll together to win both really and if that comes to fruition, I'm gonna be a very happy boy.
Speaker 1: You know what's not happy?
Speaker 2: Wilson Contreras adding fifth Tuesday, He's five for his last fifty nine or his last eighteen games. I think two to oh one over that stretch over sixty two games this year. Here's a quote from him too. I think I've lost my confidence. I lost my trust, and I lost the trust that I came into the season with. It just went away. Yikes, Welsh Wilson Contreras and the Cardinals. This has been a marriage made in hell so far for these two.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Marmal. It's mar Mal has been an absolute disaster. Who could blame him too? You signed this big contract, you leave. He wanted to stay with the Cubs, the cub couldn't be four. All that stuff was out there. He goes and signs his contract, and this team has botched every level of everything and particularly with him. So you know, it's I'm talking about this the other day. Actually it's funny in the like maturation prospect of prospects, how you can have this like really great offensive catcher. Actually, the guy in mind is a former Cardinal Carson Kelly talked about this long time ago where he was this offensive minded catcher who then his defense was so behind. He spent a year focused on the defense that he lost his bats and that kind of went away. So you kind of forget, especially from the catch position, because defensively it's so much maybe more in tune than anything else that you know, if your focus goes in one way or the other, you can lose your confidence and you can lose it all. And you know, like taking away the catching side may have just kind of defeated some of the confidence and that team is the management seems inept. I don't know what they're doing. I don't know why they're doing anything. I don't think anybody has a good read on it. So it kind of stinks. And I kind of think Wilson Catreras is just too talented of a player, so I don't know if his value is really low. I probably would try to go by if people are just like, what the hell's going on and not, you know, looking at the bigger picture.
Speaker 2: You know, confidence is such a big part of it all, you know, and what a player loses confidence, We've seen it, you know, whether it be the Steve Sachses of the world or Chuck Knoblocks of the world or Rick Angkeel. You know, when you lose that edge as a professional baseball player, it can all go down south. That's why Ankeel to me is, uh, you know, one of the great stories. You know, the guy who just come you know, is such a bright young pitching prospect who just completely imploded on the biggest stage of the playoffs, no less, and lost it and then somehow was a good enough athlete to come back. You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: We talked about Otani so much and oh, you know, and and we roll out the red carpet for him, and we should. But looking back on it, maybe Rick ang Keel, if he had been you know, pitching and hitting at the same time and they just let him do both, maybe we'll be able to clear his head and just go out there and have a good three for four night and come back and.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't have bothered him as much. I don't know. Well, we'll never know. But you know, Rick Ankiel know this.
Speaker 2: I never think of him whenever I think of Otani, but now, you know, it kind of makes a lot of sense. Maybe that was the guy we could have had first do all this stuff that Otani's do.
Speaker 1: There's a magical offensive player.
Speaker 3: I would love everybody to watch this show, by the way, you know, YouTube show YouTube, yeah, YouTube dot com slash Leading Off or Fantasy Pros MLB YouTube channel, because there's this moment there I loved, which became very MPR where Joe is his guy, he's got his lighting going on today and he goes, you know, confidence, confidence really important, and then you just went on this like very like podcast he Dietra. I loved every moment of that Joe Balls.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: It was very MPI. You're like confidence. Let's talk about confidence for a minute, and your beautiful lighting, spotlight lighting. Confidence so underrated. This is crazy.
Speaker 1: Let's talk goodness. Let's get to the rookie lookies here. That was really funny.
Speaker 2: Ronnie Mauricio day to day with that left ankle bone bruise. He took a real shot and for days there was nothing on him, which was pissing me off. I'm looking at Twitter for the entire weekend. You can't get any update on this guy about this ankle injury.
Speaker 1: All you do is you saw it on Twitter. I was like, oh my god, that he break his ankle. What happened?
Speaker 2: It was it was a play at second base and the guy came right into him and luckily he's okay. But geez, like, can we get some information for goodness sakes? The Rangers promoted right hand or Owen White. He was highly regarded top pitching prospect twenty three years old. He was selected the twenty eighteen draft. He has a strong three fifty four Era one one four whip forty five ks to twenty two walks. Again, the k rate a little lower fifty three innings. What's your what's your take on him making the jump from double A triple A. Owen White deb He's not a guy that I'm chasing. Should other people chase?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. He's not like a big aggressive on me. I know, you know, was kind of into it. Yeah, he got lit up though yesterday strikeouts are way down the I never loved the stuff. He worked a lot with the major leaguers. There were a couple of guys that were like hand in hand with the major leaguers pretty much the whole time. He was one of those guys. Slider interesting, got a big curveball. He pitched in the AFL. I just don't think the strikeouts are he and it'll be interesting to see like a bigger start. You know what the pitch mix looks like. I actually I haven't gone and looked at the pit and looked at it.
Speaker 2: While you look at the pitch mix, we look at the peanuts and cracker jacks. Because Tim Sawyer says I can't wait for motivational Mondays with ops Apia, and then Lucas says, I have a velvet voice. I have the worst voice, which is hilarious because of what I do for a living. Now, maybe everybody hates the sound of their own voice. I've gotten numb to it. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think you just hate your own voice. Did everybody else notice that?
Speaker 1: Was that? Just me?
Speaker 3: Like everything you said? But there was just this moment you were just like confidence. Guys, let's talk about are you lacking confidence? He just became like a whatever, one of those.
Speaker 2: I'd be a great motivational speaker. I think that's probably what I'm gonna do as I get older.
Speaker 1: That's what all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you motivated all the time.
Speaker 1: By the way, Owen, why travel to all kinds of stuff?
Speaker 3: Forty four percent cutter, So he had he had the three variations of fastballs, sinker fourteen four seeing nineteen cutter forty four percent, the slider where he's got to get stuff going only through seventeen percent of the time through. So he had a really good pitch mix, but only a twenty two percent CSW percentage twenty two percent whiff rate. The only two pitches he got whiffs off of where the cutter and the UH and the sinker.
Speaker 1: So those variations, Chad is really funny to them.
Speaker 3: Where's the confidence in your voice? Joe?
Speaker 1: I have confidence.
Speaker 2: I'm just numb to it, but I can I can honestly say. You know, for instance, you you have a great voice. Brian Drake, like friend of Friend of the the NFL podcast, great voice. I love when Drake's on because I just love listening to his voice. I don't think I have that kind of voice. I think mine's more of like the character kind of thing. It's not quite mad Dog russo it's not quite that annoying, but it's more of that charactery kind of thing.
Speaker 3: You have a character in this to it, but you're not giving yourself enough credit. We should turn that kind Yeah, actually going to do this here. Hold on, Joe, let's talk about confidence with your voice. You have to believe in your voice. Hold on, let's get even more. Your voice is great. You're good enough, you're smart enough, and gosh, don it people like you.
Speaker 1: You look really sexy in that lighting.
Speaker 3: And I want to tell you, hey, everybody.
Speaker 2: Twitter avvy right there. The only problem is if you just took the hat off. Maybe if the hair is not quaffed, I mean the hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the hair is not good today we didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Now the hair is not good today. I mean, oh goodness, that was really funny.
Speaker 2: Like I actually got like a tear in my eye, like Rick Flair, who was as a tear in their eye the Yankees, because Anthony Volpi is not being good now. Last night the different couple of hits, and somebody pointed out on the Twitter machine, which I thought was a stupid that his stance was closed off more than it's ever been all season.
Speaker 3: You want to know who pointed it out? Actually, Okay, actually might get got here if this is because this was one of my favorite things I read. The thing I read, and again, this might be like I'm totally seeing something stupid. But the report was that he was like on an off day hanging with Austin Wells and a couple of the other guys and they caught it. They all say that they were like eating like spaghetti or something like something totally stereotypical. I might be getting got on a story. But the thing was that he was sitting with a couple of guys that he had played with in the miners, and they caught and saw that his stance was off right. And that's the adjustment.
Speaker 2: Here's a here's a question. I'm the professional hitting coach for the New York Yankees. This is my job every day to watch everybody and then to watch film of my younger players to see why they're struggling. At what point did somebody, like, did it take I don't know, twelve weeks for somebody to go look at that footage?
Speaker 1: If so, that I mean, And I'm not one of.
Speaker 2: These people that says you should fire the hitting coach, but that just seems to me like a huge drop of the ball.
Speaker 1: Yes, just saying.
Speaker 3: In my time, the people have done so many better things in baseball and been around and accomplished more and less. But like the amount of time I've been around in baseball, especially at lower levels. But afl to all this, the amount of hands off coaching that comes within organizations, I personally feel would blow your mind. You think, oh, no, teams would be we sit here and look at stats, We're like, oh this is you talk to players and like Curtis Mead with the Rays, that's one that always stands out to me. He had this amazing right he went and played during COVID during the Australian League came over to the race, had this awesome year send out to the AFL. Holy crap, what's going on with Curtis Speed? I talked to him. I'm like, oh man, you know, awesome year. Hey, what did the rais? What have the Ray's done with you? And he's like nothing, nothing, They've done nothing with him. And then you take on this report of baseball like limiting analytics departments and hires and stuff like that, and it's like, no, this is what we need more, We need more people to disast wash.
Speaker 1: This is visual.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: It's so easy to look at a guy who's had success, and this is the thing always makes me crazy. A guy has success and then sometimes and I don't know if this was the case too, sometimes somebody thinks they're the smartest person in the room and they try to change them and I don't unlike when they do that. You know, every you know, hitter has their own little tweaks and their own little things in every swing.
Speaker 1: Same thing with pictures too.
Speaker 2: Now that's different because mechanically speaking, there's things you can fix to do things better.
Speaker 1: You can do that with hitting. But if a guy's gotten.
Speaker 2: Too the big leagues and been a top prospect, you kind of just let him be him. So look, it's it's a it's something to really monitor right now. So if all got dropped in your shallow league, if he could be had for nothing in a dynasty league, right now, I'd be buying everywhere just to see, because I've watched the kid play in person, and he's a terrific young player. He is much better than what he's shown so far, and he's shown you basically nothing. I mean of the last few weeks, hitting one twenty seven with three homers over the last twenty five games. I mean that is that he should be sent down for that. But if this is just a matter of closing off the stands a little bit and getting back to something he used to do, it's either the hitting coach's fault for changing it or the hitting coach's fault for not recognizing it sooner. Either way, somebody's got to be accountable here.
Speaker 3: I think it's I think it's like recognizing it. That's the thing that now.
Speaker 1: I sound like mad Dog. It sounds like Mike and the Mad Dog from New York Spert. Somebody's got to do something at Welsh.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on here, But somebody's gotta do something because it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Is that a whack? It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: By the way, Mike there suggestion motivational penguins would be a great mascot.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that would. I actually think a motivational series like Joe's Corner, Like we have Joe's Corner where it's like all then it's back.
Speaker 1: In the day. As a message, no, let me tell you, you know with Volpi.
Speaker 3: The other thing this might be, oh did I do a Welsh's I don't know if I did a Welshism. Someone's saying I did a well notice I didn't even Yeah, tell us what the Welshism was? iRED percent probably did it. And maybe this is like a cretchy thing. But when I see a guy with Volpi's talent who has fourteen stolen bases, nine homers while hitting about ninety one, I go back and I'm like, this is a guy when he gets it going, is going to absolutely ball out. So like to be able to rock this while struggling. I'm very much into Now. I'm dying to know what my Welshism was.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, Tim, yes, my kids do look forward to care I've already spoken to my kids for whatever career day.
Speaker 1: Their classes they wanted me to come in. I did cool stuff.
Speaker 2: I set up kids in their class like they were hosting a show and I was counting them down to commercial and doing the whole thing, and like, you know, behind them saying okay, you know, thirty seconds, you got to get out on time. All this stuff and they had a blast with it. Was so much fun.
Speaker 1: Uh, they loved it. It was a big hitter.
Speaker 3: Joe walks in. He's like, kids, let's talks about confidence.
Speaker 1: I'm a television star.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you I'm on TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What's the Welsh? I don't understand? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like five people. Wonky said it was her favorite in a while, and we don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Canse somebody please put what the welshism was? I don't positivity with Pieza Pa. Larry did it? Larry never lets us down. I haven't seen Larry in the chat in a while. Where you been Larry? All right, let's get some more stuff here. A bunch of injuries we mentioned. Mitch Haniger, Max Munsey was out yesterday. Ryan Mountcastle goes to the ten day IL retroactive to the ninth for Vertigo. I can only imagine it was because Mike Mayer was hanging him upside down or something like that from the Dong Bong Aloja Menez still out, you know, I think I think everybody you know, if you want to have a voodoo doll of Eloijamenez at this point, like I think you're allowed. I think it's just gotten ugly. It's frustrating. He has been the most frustrating player, I think in the last two years, because he's that constant teez if. He starts to hit and then he gets hurt, and then he starts to hit, and he's out for a month, and then he's out for three months, and he goes back and he hits and he's out.
Speaker 1: It's the worst.
Speaker 2: Brandon Belt went to the IL, told you yesterday that was gonna happen. Joey Gallo came back from the IL. Jazz Chism told reporters that he'll undergo off season foot surgery. Welsh foot injuries for players like Jazz Chism are.
Speaker 1: Typically not good.
Speaker 3: I don't like this at all.
Speaker 1: I would be looking to move on in keeper formats from Jazz.
Speaker 2: Uh. If you can get the right deal. I would rather have Volpie than Jazz Chism rest of career.
Speaker 3: Oh hot, take man, that's the yeah, that's kind of good. That one's I think it is. That one's a little bit tough. Who would you rather have Eloy or Jazz?
Speaker 2: Have we forgotten what Anthony Volpi was doing at double A last year?
Speaker 1: Ye, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Who'd rather have e Lawyer Jazz in Dynasty?
Speaker 1: I'd rather jump off a tall building.
Speaker 3: I think Jazz Unford. I said this before the season, Jazz might be the next big I'm always injured guy like can never live up to it because he's always got a thing, and he has always had a thing. It's shoulders, his shoulder, head, knees and toes is where he's gone with it. So maybe I don't think I'm ready to be like that dramatic of what you're talking about. But I will say maybe Volpi and Jazz are not as far off.
Speaker 1: So this was the Welshism. Success is never having to say you're sorry?
Speaker 3: Did I say that?
Speaker 1: I guess, I don't know why I said that.
Speaker 3: I don't know I say that, I don't even remember. That's actually a really great.
Speaker 2: Success means never having to say you're sorry, that's that's not accurate.
Speaker 1: That's that would be great.
Speaker 3: That's a very intelligence that goes right there with hit the ground rolling not what I said.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jordan Alvarez won't participate in baseball activities for at least three weeks. Jose Quintana is beginning his rehab assignment yesterday. Joe Musgrove says he's dealing with precise and the ELMO. I guess in the elm.
Speaker 1: Elbow hurts so bad for Joe Musgrove.
Speaker 4: Elbow, no good, elbow swell up, Joe Musgrove, no elbow, no no good right now?
Speaker 1: Els what Joe Musgrove limited innings this is.
Speaker 2: This is, by the way, the numbers just keep going up for live watchers as the stupidity goes up.
Speaker 1: Today. I don't know why it's an elbow, I really don't, uh, but elbow issue for him, so just monitor that. It doesn't even to be affecting him.
Speaker 2: It just apparently went in the cryogenic chamber when he had the foot thing and it affected his elbow.
Speaker 1: He said, this is a wild story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like he went in there to try to like speed up the foot injury, but I guess it had like a negative effect on his arm.
Speaker 1: This is what he's saying. I don't know smoking.
Speaker 3: This is the experiment gone wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It sounds terrible, that sounds awful. I hope it's almost okay.
Speaker 2: Also, just for fun, Ramul Tapia signs a one year deal with the Brewers, so keep an eye on that if you want to. George Kirby on the ups one earned or earned run, excuse me, six innings, ten k's.
Speaker 1: Kirby was awesome. I'm sure Welsh loved this last night.
Speaker 3: Just pointing out. I did say he was like really good lynchpin of the thing, and someone got on my case about it.
Speaker 2: But said it Rocky Oldever's two provide with a pair of homers against the Rockies and Wheeler. Six innings, seven K's got to win the three down. Chris Bassett bad eight earned runs and three innings, eleven hits. I saw somebody tweet they said I thought Manoah was on the mount. Oh funny and true. Luis Evarino five earned runs and four and two thirds for him, he was bad.
Speaker 1: His era is over six and a half almost right now.
Speaker 2: Mac Sures are also bad six earned runs, three and a third. Here's a question. He up two our home runs last night. His the ra is at four and a half? Is Max Schures are closer to a turnaround or closer to retirement?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I would say a turnaround for this year still, even though it's been wonky as I would say, not the penguin, but I don't know that penguins. Would you rather have Joe Musgrove's Elmo or Max Schuser with the eyes? Which one is better?
Speaker 1: And one? Loved baseball so much?
Speaker 3: Your impressions get me every I'm still crying. I just have tears in my eyes.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I said, no idea, it was just it was with the.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get back on track. We're running along. We gotta we gotta tighten this ship up today.
Speaker 3: But today's oh yeah, yeah, weird.
Speaker 2: Very high live listeners today too, and I mean just high, I mean like high number.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Prize picks.
Speaker 2: Sign up for Prize Picks today, use that promo code leading off, get one hundred percent, deposit a match up to one hundred bucks when you do Welsh Picks and prizes and will fly through DFS and some betting for the folks today.
Speaker 3: Hey, no big deal. Picked you guys a winner yesterday with all of the stuff and the things. Hopefully you guys played that. Those three smacked yesterday, so thank you for playing along. Uh this today, this say this week. Today, I've got Daniel Lynch earned runs two and a half over in the reds. I've got Josh Young hit run RBI one and a half over, and I've got Mookie bets score eight and a half cash it for two.
Speaker 1: Days in a row.
Speaker 3: That is what I am hoping to do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tim is asking for motivational speeches from Elmo, but I think it's we're running along today.
Speaker 3: Maybe another day a series to do down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me get to some of the prize picks for me, Tyler Glass.
Speaker 1: Now all in today.
Speaker 2: This is my big investment. Eight and a half pitcher strikeouts. Whenever we see that number, it's a it's an under.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I know, I know you say, oh, it's Oakland all these things, but still eight and a half. It's a high number. You're better off with the under on that one. Elie de la Cruz eight and a half hitter fantasy score over Juan Soto seven and a half over on the fantasy points for him. On the betting side today, the Yankees minus one oh four on the money line, the Cincinnati Reads minus one oh nine on the money line on the road. Those are some really good ones right now. You can make some good money on that. Miami plus one eighty why not? Why not against the against the Seattle Manners, It's possible. Miami's played really well. But here's my favorite thing. Three leg parlay Yankees. You take the Rays to beat the Oakland A's with glass now on the mountain and the Miami Marlins and the upset that gets you almost to plus six hundred on betting pro.
Speaker 1: So check that out. Ben Lively four and a half k's over.
Speaker 2: Also, Uri Perez five and a half strikeouts over in this matchup today, that team strikes out a ton and so he has a good shot there. And I'm going back to the Adolas Garcia one and a half total bases over getting plus one thirty five on betting pros on that Welsh What do you have on the betting side today.
Speaker 3: I've also got the Ben Lively. I like that one four and a half K's over I wouldn't be afraid to also throw that into a price pick. So I was actually just trying to pick some other ones that I really like. I like Garrett Cole six and a half strikeouts over minus one of five at least when I checked it last night, and The Red's money line through the first five was minus one thirty. So those are my three favorite plays so far today.
Speaker 1: What's this poll that has been put up?
Speaker 3: The mayor put up a pole like his vulpi the most overrated since Derek Jeters.
Speaker 1: Not, yeah, it's not, by the way.
Speaker 2: The real thing is love is never having to say you're sorry. That's the real quote, Not what did you say?
Speaker 3: Love is never well. I see in the chat Kelly said that Razor made up the welshism of success means what.
Speaker 1: That's that's you know what good enough for me?
Speaker 2: You know, people are now clamoring for an Elmo de la Cruz T shirt, which I mean he does play for the Reds.
Speaker 1: That is Elmo's color.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what's the saddest part, Like somebody's gonna be watching Joe Musker a pitch this week and they're gonna be flipp around the channels they're gonna watch Joe Musker and that this is all they're gonna think about.
Speaker 1: That makes me happy.
Speaker 2: Let's go on here to another thing that makes me happy, which is so rare. If you haven't already, give it a try, fanacypros dot com slash collect again, it's free. Welsh's got amazing videos up on the channel of how to don't be intimidated by it. It's actually really easy. It's really fun. You pick your players, you scout, you open the packs. These are your players, they're your digital cards, and then you go compete. You create your own little fantasy team and you have a little budget.
Speaker 1: It's really cool. Check it out and what you do.
Speaker 2: Make sure you also check out fantasypros dot com, slash Leading Off League and MLB so rare. Is a fun thing to do with baseball. Also fun in the Daily Fantasy World. Ben Lively seven point eight, he's your punt pitcher of the day. Tyler glassnew so that's my sweet spot ten point one, Garrett Cole ten point six. I kind of want to fade away from the eleven k guys of Kershaw and Valdez because they just don't think you have to.
Speaker 1: Valdez doesn't have Alvarez in the lineup.
Speaker 2: You know, Clinton Kersher, you can go up there, but it could save one thousand dollars by going to Glass.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't care. If the A's are starting to win games, I don't care.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's gonna be two A's in the waiver wire video if you can believe it. That's crazy Tampa Dodgers, San Diego. That's where you're looking for offense. Jason Hayward in the middle of that Dodger lineup two point six, but Shoto two point nine. Those are places to go. And I'm gonna try for some redemption here, at least Garcia. At at least Garcia Aldols. I'm gonna go with the home run call again. I'm gonna try one more time, shake it off and try to love again. Welsh, where are you going for your home run call today? And we'll get me back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: By the way, yeah, wish we had because I got Corey Seeker yesterday. I got that, So I don't know where I'm at now. Think I might be in the twenties. I'm gonna go with Josh Low today, get him back in the lineup hopefully and smack a homer and get me to twenty one twenty. I don't know. I'm somewhere between nineteen and twenty right now. So Josh low my home run call.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, this has been a very special episode of Leading Off.
Speaker 1: I think the thing are so fun.
Speaker 4: Emma Lovely, Emmon love Welsh, em One love Peanuts, em One love Cracker Jacks and one.
Speaker 1: Of all of it.
Speaker 2: If you know, I catch it's gone up for that job. Yeah, I should have looking back on it. And you know what, Cason's right at the end of the day, you're family here, that's what you are. So we appreciate you hanging out with us. We'll be back again to do it all over tomorrow if you can believe it. So that'll do it for us. The story of the game goes on. Go subscribe to Fantasy Bros. MLB YouTube channels.
Speaker 1: So we can grow mustaches next week. We're ready to go. And that's it. Welsh, We'll see you next time kids. Bye at more. Welsha