Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And I consider this a victory Monday. Why is that because we made it here on time. That's right, we're here. We're back in our normal time slide eleven o'clock on Monday morning throughout the off season. This is Mick shots. And you know who is hard at work here at the Star in Frescool. Who is I'm on a practice field right now.
Speaker 4: Prescott, right now.
Speaker 5: He doesn't miss the day.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. That's right. Uh. And there's been a lot that's transpired since we last convened.
Speaker 5: You know, I was sitting there going, okay, so last Monday, what did we talk about? And now go, No, we did it on Thursday, Yes we did. There's been a lot still. Well, I'll tell you what I wrote. On Friday. I drove home and by time I got home, something melse it happened.
Speaker 3: Dante Faler had happened.
Speaker 4: By this Yes, that was I thought that was pretty cool. Yeah yeah, So what what kind of deal did you get?
Speaker 5: Well, since you asked, I'll let make you do that. Go to my notes here. Uh, he ended up with a one year deal. It was, uh six million, that can go to eight million. So it was a pretty good deal for a guy coming off a ten.
Speaker 3: Ten and a half sacks for Washington.
Speaker 5: He had ten with the Cowboys in two years, and then he had ten last year.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they brought him there for.
Speaker 5: And he did sacked specialist.
Speaker 3: Right, So another first round draft pick. That's all right, Dallas defense. You know how many now that the Cowboys former first round draft picks the Cowboys have signed on defense in the last week.
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Yes, five, that was good. That was good.
Speaker 2: Ever, so keep up well, thank you.
Speaker 3: In fact, we tape the Blitz, which airs on Sunday night. We taped it on Thursday, and of course we're saying that they've got four, four former first round draft picks they've signed for the defense, and it was dated by Friday night. If Noah went.
Speaker 2: Up to five. But he's he's like, you know, to me, he's the guy.
Speaker 4: If you're going to compare those five, I mean he's the guy that h he hasn't fallen off.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a draft bust or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Was pretty good now And and I like the Kenneth Murray signing. But and Murray has been fairly I mean, he's been consistent throughout his time. Fowler, when you look back and I have to look up Fowler's career, you know he's had a dip and he's come back, he's had a resurgence. Yeah, he's treated exactly. And because when you're the third pick in the draft, I mean, like Solomon Thomas then that the high expectations are so far up there. But I think he just can kind of throw that out the window and what are they now? And that's what I think for both of those guys we are seeing here in the last couple of years them really become.
Speaker 4: I thought Fowler did well, even though he only had ten sacks in two years. I thought he he played well in spurts for US two years ago, doing a good job, and of course being with Washington, he just seemed like he realized his calling in.
Speaker 3: Life, you know, well try And the other thing is even at ten and a half sacks last year, that's still not what you expect out of a third pick in the draft. You expect fifteen sacks, you expect the Marcus where you expect Michael Parsons.
Speaker 4: But I like the improvement from his last year in Dallas to his first year in Washington. I think that is a nice improvement and I think that's him living up to his expectations.
Speaker 5: Well, I think, and you got to look at opportunities too, because he was a part time player here, part time right, Yeah, he was sack man. Yes, that was that was his duty. And I don't know that he started, No, he had Washington.
Speaker 3: It was he played all seventeen games, had seven starts seven. He was at five hundred four snaps for five hundred and sixty four snaps for the season. Typically gets about fifty six percent of the place a little less than that, but so typically on defense you get a little over one thousand snaps, or on either side of the ball you get a thousand snaps. Well, he was at five hundred and sixty four.
Speaker 4: So you kind of corrected me on the status of the signings that we have. Who do you look to have the most responsibility and who are we looking for to have.
Speaker 5: Like could potentially be a starter.
Speaker 4: Potentially be a game changer. I mean just for this entire team. I'm not just talking about Hey, he just going out there and doing his job. I'm talking about the signings that we've had. Those five signings, who do we look at as one that we could say is going to be we look to be the most consistent, are the most to to contribute to this to this team. If you look at those five signings, I like Folowed simply. I just always liked him when he was here. And the fact that I know that he went ten sacks last year with only seven starts, I'm looking for a lot from him.
Speaker 2: Well, here's in a familiar place to answer your question.
Speaker 3: What I do on that is I follow the money, and so that gives you an idea of what the coaches and executives here they feel like is going to make the biggest impact. Okay, And so it also takes into account what position they play. And if you look at Kenneth Murray, Okay, he is due to make seven and a half million dollars this year. He's got one year left on this contract at seven and a half million dollars, and he and the shoes that he has to fill in the middle. I mean Eric Kendricks was gone. Okay, so you're looking for a middle linebacker overshown. We don't know when he's coming back. You've got lea foul And you also signed Jack Sanborn, who is who started three games last year for Chicago, has been a backup linebacker in his career, a good college free agent. Yeah so, but so Murray's at seven and a half, Murray Murray would be the only sheer walking starter, don't you think now what I look at as far as starters are concerned, because of the rotation on the defensive line, I consider Dante Fowler to be a starter, even though he's not taking the first snaps in the game, because you are, what you're going to have is you got Sam Williams and you got Dante Fowler at right defensive end. Basically, I mean you can move them around, but those are your edge guys at with Micah, Yeah, go ahead, and so anyway, and so Fowler, as Mickey said, his bas is six million with a chance to with incentives up to eight million. So he's in that same ballpark as Kenneth Murray. Solomon Thomas did you get the exact details.
Speaker 5: I did, and I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: It was announced as two years up to eight million, which tells me that's barbarly. Two years five with the or two years six with an ability to get updated.
Speaker 5: And three if I remember correctly wherever I wrote it down, three million guaranteed. So and oh here it is two years six million. He got a million and a half signing bonus, three million guaranteed, and the guarantee basically is his signing bonus in.
Speaker 3: First year.
Speaker 5: Salary and he's only counting two point seven against the captain for that.
Speaker 3: First year for two years six million guaranteed, so that's three million a year. And his position is he's.
Speaker 5: A defensive line.
Speaker 3: He's a defensive he's a pass rusher basically as a defensive interior pass rusher. Okay, basically is what he is. Okay, And so he comes in on and he had four hundred and twenty seven snaps last year for the Jets, So what would he be a starter here?
Speaker 5: He's a rotational de he'd be a rotational guy. So he says Osa is the starter. You would think Mazi.
Speaker 3: Or when Mozzy comes off and you got Osa and Solomon side by side. Solomon also has the ability to go and rush from the end to as would Osa. So anyway, he's in that mix right there. But okay, from a salary standpoint, you got seven and a half on Murray, you got six to eight on Fowler, you got three million on Thomas. Okay, that's defense. Kayer Elam is in the last year of his deal and he's fighting for a roster spot basically, even though he's a first round draft pick Sanborn, as Mickey said, he's a core special teams guy and in case something happens to a linebacker, he can start.
Speaker 2: So we're looking at the pre you talk.
Speaker 3: All right, and so now go to offense and the offensive guard they signed started seventeen games for the Dolphins last year, Robert Jones and his deal. I got it down as one year, three point seventy five million with two guarant two million guaranteed, or maybe it's three of them. Can't read my writing. So anyway, he's in the mix to compete to start at guard, but he may be a backup and we'll see what happens in the draft. Also, now we get to the running backs and Javonte Williams it's basically one year, three million. Did you get Miles Sanders numbers?
Speaker 5: I did, so both of them are his minimum. As matter of fact, Miles Sanders was the veteran exception. Okay, so he only counts one point one six. He'll make one point three.
Speaker 3: Million, and so and Javonte's one year three million. And so you're drafting a running back and out of all of that, you got two veterans along with Deuce vun and whoever you draft, and the leak Davis is on the roster too, and so best man wins and rookie coming in here. The veterans probably play more early, and the rookie, you know, works his way in.
Speaker 5: And Santa guarantees the minimum one hundred and sixty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: And then they also signed Paris Campbell, a wide receiver who is a former second round draft pick who was with Philly last year and only appeared in five games six catches out of Ohio State, he was a second round draft pick in twenty nineteen, so he's fighting for a roster spot. They still need a number two wide receiver.
Speaker 2: And the draft is looming now Brendan Cooks.
Speaker 3: And they still have some money to play with in free agency. Yeah, Tyler Lockett.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well that right, Yes, is Brendan still around, he hasn't signed, and.
Speaker 3: Brandon Cooks would be another option in free agency.
Speaker 5: See, and with some of those guys, the longer you wait and all of a sudden they look up and it's April and everybody's said, gone with that, right, And it's like, okay, I'll just all right, what.
Speaker 2: Was that off of?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 5: Get?
Speaker 3: And so and so? Since we're to the wide receivers. The other thing that's happened in the last few days since we last got together, Cooper Cup went to the Seattle Seahawks on a what was announced as a three year, forty five million dollar deal, and.
Speaker 5: And that's the other thing, and we'll get to who they lost. So here if you're if you're scoring at home, they re signed six of their guys. They signed ten free agents, two restricted free agents, three exclusive free agents, and brought in two guys on trades.
Speaker 2: That's the information I want it right there.
Speaker 5: And they lost six guys by Mike count counting Cooper Rush, DeMarcus Lawrence, Jordan Lewis, Rico'dondell, Chauncey Golston, and Chuma Doga. Did I miss anybody?
Speaker 2: I liked that it? I really did like Ghoston Golston. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was a good rotational player, but he got paid by the Giants as if he's going to be a starter.
Speaker 6: That's that's what happens when you do a good job, right, right, and good for him, but it's at three years nineteen and a half million, you can't go there, and so you go.
Speaker 3: With Solomon Thomas at two years six to eight.
Speaker 5: That's what happened with Dorin Armstrong the year before. Of course, nice rotation guy. He did start here, Yeah, and they gave him like three years thirty million dollars.
Speaker 3: And so Goldston steps up and he had increased production, increased snaps and started a lot of games due to injuries. And so now that someone else of Marshawn Neeland, whoever, has to step up. Sam Williams comes back this year hopefully healthy and what is the progress on sale?
Speaker 5: Oh he's good, is it? He's ready to go?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: I mean he'd tore his in early August.
Speaker 4: That's that's someone that we really haven't talked about. But I still look forward to him playing some good football. Well nowadays with the technology. As far as these injuries are concerned, they're coming back quicker, coming back stronger. Even an achilles heel injury used to be a career killer.
Speaker 2: Now it's not.
Speaker 4: So I'm hoping that he comes back and plays well because this guy was really on the tap before he got hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you're Aaron Rodgers, you're coming back in three months from an achilles.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like he did. Yes, well, you know he's so. Sam Williams was going to start last year, no doubt. And I remember Mike Zimer saying he'll play seventy percent of the snaps at defensive.
Speaker 3: End after only playing thirty percent of the snaps in the previous year. Right twenty twenty three, they were he had.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Twenty two. Was second round pick in twenty twenty two, and he basically the same number of snaps that year too, but he played thirty percent of the snaps and had four and a half sacks. If you double his snaps, then you double his sacks, and he's up to nine sacks and with seven hundred snaps in a season.
Speaker 5: And I think he'll do a better job of playing the run because his deal at ole Miss was good pass rusher, susceptible against the run. But I think that they were working on him and that they were counting on him being a starter. He looks good out there and working out.
Speaker 4: I look forward to him doing really well this year. I'd be very surprised if he did not.
Speaker 5: As a matter of fact, when I talked to him when he was it was October November or something like that, and he was finally moving around pretty well. He said, write this in your notes right now. I will be a player nickname, he said. Okay, I got you down.
Speaker 2: Oh that young Spirits.
Speaker 5: That's right, I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: We touched on Dante Fowler earlier and just let me get this out real quick because we talked about EBB and flow of his career now. He was drafted top of the draft in twenty fifteen. He was injured and missed his rookie season with Jacksonville. His second year, he had four sacks, his third year, he had eight sacks. He then goes from a split twenty eighteen between Jacksonville and the Rams with four sacks, and then finally in his fifth year in the league at twenty nineteen, with the Rams, started fourteen games and had eleven and a half sacks. Goes to Atlanta the next year COVID year thirteen, starts only three sacks, Atlanta in twenty one only four and a half sacks. Comes to Dallas in twenty two, had six sacks and then four sacks. Dallas lets him go in free agency, Washington signs him, and he revives and gets ten and a half sacks. Now the Cowboys hope the revival continues.
Speaker 2: The Everson Walls of sacks. He's gonna get it. He's gonna get his sacks no matter what, and no matter what. That's not bad.
Speaker 3: But there were a couple of the are five years apart where he went double digit sacks twenty nineteen and then twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you call that consistency or not.
Speaker 4: I mean, he can distantly gets sacks, but you know, I'm sure there were times like Atlanta where they expected more from right.
Speaker 3: I don't think that twenty one, Yeah, with three sacks and four and a half sacks, that was a disappointment. Yes it was Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: And I think even for us here we liked him in his role whatever, you know, and what he was making here at the time. And but ten sacks in two years, you know, yeah, usually you let that walk out the door, and he they did. And then he comes through with a ten and a half sack season and so now he's coming back making more money this time around with Dallas.
Speaker 5: So after making money with Washington because they had money to spend death All.
Speaker 3: Right, Now, what were you gonna say, you don't remember.
Speaker 5: Paris Campbell. Yes, so he's had a weird career. He got drafted by the Colts right the second second round, Yes, Ohio end of the second round, fifty.
Speaker 3: Hiles state, Yes, Ohio State.
Speaker 5: At the combine he ran a four to three one forty.
Speaker 2: What is what position does he play?
Speaker 3: Wide receiver?
Speaker 5: Okay, six eight and he hasn't played much now. One year with the Colts twenty twenty two, if I'm right, sixty three catches for six hundred and twenty three yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That was his best year and he got to play. It's only ten yards of catch, which is strange with a four to three guys.
Speaker 5: But at least he had six at least he had.
Speaker 3: With the Colts. I'm looking who was the quarterback that was after they walk right, they had they had Matt Ryan for twelve games, and that was what Matt Ryan's last year, I guess at thirty seven years old, he had thirteen interceptions and fourteen touchdown passes and that was the yards that was. See Matt Ryan's yards per a temp were six point six. Sam Ellinger actually started three games that year. By the way, sam Ellinger is out there in free Nick Foles started two games anyway.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, So anyway last year Nick Foles started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they had two quarterbacks on the back end of their career, the caboose end, the way back end.
Speaker 5: So he was He only was active seven games last year with the Eagles and only played in five, so he hasn't played very much. I don't know fresh legs because he was inact of the rest of those like ten games.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah, Now one thing about that, there is some product knowledge as far as the Cowboys coaching staff is concerned, because Clayton Adams.
Speaker 5: Adams had them with the Colts.
Speaker 3: He was the offensive line coach for the Colts at the time. In twenty one, twenty twenty one, when Paris Campbell was there, so knows what kind of guy he is and so forth.
Speaker 2: How many testdowns did you.
Speaker 3: Have he in his career in.
Speaker 2: The red zone or something?
Speaker 3: And that season he had three touchdowns, sixty three catches, six hundred and twenty three yards nine point nine yards agatch the previous year. Apparently he's been battling injuries in his career. Yeah, everyone said he's had one season.
Speaker 5: One year he had a tourney. Take them cl and PC.
Speaker 3: They're taking a flyer on a guy who ran a four to three six years ago, and uh, see what he's.
Speaker 4: Got and so no drop passes, right, I mean, but what just.
Speaker 3: Just last year he was just fighting to catch on with a team and caught on with Philadelphia and appeared in five games with six catches. They were pretty deep a wide year before he was with the Giants, had twenty catches in twelve games, three starts in.
Speaker 2: New York with that quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so there you go. In other words, the Cowboys still need a number two wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Yes, and we keep forgetting. But I don't know what will happen. But they can't count on Mingo being that guy. But he's kind of got some he's got something. I don't know if they can get it out of him, And I don't know that you want to say, Okay, he's.
Speaker 2: Going to hang ahead on this guy, right right, or you're.
Speaker 5: Going to say Tolbert's my second guy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think the optimism on my part is just always if a guy has potential and he's shown that he can do these things, he has the ability because he's been measured.
Speaker 2: And put out there and assessed all this time.
Speaker 4: It's football, man, If you can play wide receiver and you've found the fourth three forty, you have gone on deep passes and made big passes and big catches before.
Speaker 2: What stops you from doing that wherever you go because of the opportunity. Field does not change.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's opportunity.
Speaker 2: And that's true.
Speaker 3: Like it's Cavante Turpin, because we saw Cavante Turpin do it in college and TCU. He had natural gas catching ability, and we saw it in the spring leagues that he played in. Right, We've seen it in his time here. His talent transferred. You got to get he's gone. You got to get past the five nine, one fifty three and put him on the field. Put him on the field.
Speaker 5: I think he's up to one six.
Speaker 2: One fifty three. Wow. But but you know, if I'm you know whoever these go.
Speaker 5: I've what five nine, No, he's not five eight.
Speaker 3: Now, he's five eight and seven, five eight and seven eights. He's five nine. You round that off? Would you round it off?
Speaker 5: I looked, I looked ida I would well at the.
Speaker 3: Combine or maybe it was just pro Day. I don't think he was at the combine five eight point seven, which is five eight and seven eights, one fifty eight.
Speaker 5: That was the exaggeration from the UFL. He's no taller than I am.
Speaker 4: And he's an example of what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter where he goes. Football is football, But yeah, and he's gonna play. He's gonna make plays.
Speaker 2: No matter where.
Speaker 5: Somebody's looking at his height, right.
Speaker 2: But to him, he's done his part.
Speaker 4: So to me, if I've got this ability, and I guess I get so mad because I'm running.
Speaker 2: The freaking four to seven And.
Speaker 4: You know, you got these guys out here with all this talent, no playing, no better than me, not even they don't even have the ability to make the plays that they know they should make. Regardless I don't care what your your what school you come from.
Speaker 2: Or whatever.
Speaker 4: If you're a wide receiver, I'm gonna make a play on that ball.
Speaker 2: As a wide receiver. I'm in a four three forty.
Speaker 4: I don't get if I'm six six foot two hundred and fifteen pounds. I'm gonna be out there making some plays. I don't care what my quarterback looks like. I don't care what my offensive line looks like. This guy what Paris camp? But what did he what was his status? He was at sixty something catches.
Speaker 3: In one year in one year?
Speaker 2: Why can't he be consistent in that regard?
Speaker 5: And I think Bill hit it on the head. Opportunity And we just did a something that we just did a conference call with my man Elm.
Speaker 3: And tier Elam and.
Speaker 5: He talked mostly about when they were asking him about his career and everything he goes, I'm looking forward to getting an opportunity. I don't think I've had the opportunity and consistent. Now, some of that might be him not earning the opportunity and.
Speaker 4: That there are times when you know your moment comes and passes, but he did another moment.
Speaker 5: That he continue to say that he just needs an opportunity.
Speaker 3: And I'll take you back to college on Paris Campbell. He had his last year at Ohio State. He had ninety catches for one thousand yards and twelve touchdowns.
Speaker 5: I wonder who the quarterback was at that point.
Speaker 3: In twenty eighteen Ohio State. I'm not looking up.
Speaker 2: No, no fields.
Speaker 5: Hm, that's too soon for fields, right prior.
Speaker 3: No prior, look it up. Hurry up. We got to take the state. Two thousand and eighteen.
Speaker 2: Probably is way too far back by.
Speaker 3: We're looking, We're still looking. I gotta find it. You gotta find it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Dwayne Haskins was a sophomore that year. Oh wow, late Dwayne Haskins.
Speaker 2: And if.
Speaker 3: Yep, I think he was probably the starter. All right, we got much much more to get to here on this special Saint Patrick's Day edition of X Shots minus the Green for two of the people in this room.
Speaker 4: That's right, But I'm representing the name alone. The Walls name is Irish movie.
Speaker 3: And we're back in a moment.
Speaker 7: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff? Tailgate's going way past post game Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday morning Swagger, brisk It in the Smoker Miller Lite and the Cup America's team playing America's Greatest sport.
Speaker 3: Miller Lite the.
Speaker 7: Only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 5: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store? Letter rip Troy all.
Speaker 8: Right, folk, Let's get started with the Yeddy French Press and Georgkalber the This stay's hot frivers and French Press. Thirty four ounds for U six four for the cruise of Yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags? Bags of waterproofs and where's wa waterproof? Devil's waterprove bag bags sports mostly water should get a waterproove Yetti bag. You gonna smell something cooking New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, commerce pot pine and potatoes next over with three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 9: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKay Street and at South Laketown Square today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Slid for the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect grow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demit shuts.
Speaker 4: The Dallas Cowboys, Girl Football Flag League is here, with nearly one hundred participating in high schools. The Cowboys are thrilled to provide opportunities for athletes to develop their talent and foster the growth of girls flag football in the state of Texas. Find teams, view schedules, and learn more at Dallascowboys dot com slash girls Flag.
Speaker 3: Okay, some breaking news this morning. It applies to Everson's career. There's new highest paid cornerback INFL history. They're extingly got three years ninety million. No way, what thirty million a year?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow? Man?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: Three years ninety million.
Speaker 5: I mean to invoke Pat Summerle's saying what we all came around to soon.
Speaker 3: Yes, ever said, do you mind letting us know what your highest salary was as a player?
Speaker 2: Six hundred, six hundred.
Speaker 5: Thousand here, giants here here.
Speaker 6: Six sixty if I'm not mistaken, So over a three year period, what would be like he's getting through ninety million over three years.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, this puts it in another perspective. The Players Championship was won this morning by Rory McElroy. He got four and a half one. He won. He got four and a half million dollars for winning that tournament. Okay, the first year of the Players Championship in nineteen seventy four, Jack Nicholas won it and got fifty thousand dollars. All right, so now put it put it in cornerback term here the if you can remember that far back over a three year period, what do you think you was your max contract over three any three years in your career consecutive years.
Speaker 2: That would be it.
Speaker 4: It was nineteen eighty seven, if I'm not mistaken, eighty six eighty seven. I had an annuity attached to it. But if you just take all of that out and just go with the bad salary, yeah, you're just talking about three years in three years, you would just have to six by the six hundred toms.
Speaker 3: Three three years, one point eight million. And now Stingley's getting three years ninety million.
Speaker 5: Don't forget the sixty. It's six sixty he said.
Speaker 3: Oh six six sixty.
Speaker 5: Oh so that's all got two million.
Speaker 2: Billion? Kill? Okay, Jill, okaykill. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Well, I got to do the math on that.
Speaker 5: Lets here, okay, six six right, two million.
Speaker 3: One point eight million? There you go, there you go, okay, one point all right, what have we lost here, Mickey in the last week.
Speaker 5: Well, I've counted, uh, six guys.
Speaker 4: Millions ever since mine distracted outside, go ahead.
Speaker 5: They've lost six guys. The latest Cooper Rush signing with Baltimore, by the way, and he signed, Get this, they signed him.
Speaker 2: He'll never play two years.
Speaker 3: He doesn't seem like a fit there.
Speaker 4: Not to run that offense, right right, Well, I mean the offense is Lamar makes the offense look different.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, but you would you.
Speaker 3: Want to.
Speaker 5: They had changed the offense when your backup comes.
Speaker 3: They had Tyler Huntley before, and he actually made the Pro Bowl filling in for Lamar Jackson a couple of years ago. And he's out there in free agency right now. And so it's just interesting that.
Speaker 5: Anyway, anyway, Cooper got two years up to six point twenty five million, four point two five million guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Wait I heard it.
Speaker 5: No, wait, two years six point two five million, I'm sorry, four point twenty five million guaranteed, but it could be up to twelve million dollars with playtime. Oh okay, it starts and win in centives.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So, so like if he I was driving in I was listening to Bob Papa on Serious Radio, and he was saying it was a two year, six million dollar deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it was announced as a two year, twelve million, yeah deal, what you're and and then he corrected himself, and so it's a if he doesn't get in a game, it's two years six.
Speaker 5: It'll be four point two five two million guaranteed. It said, uh, six point twenty five. Well, you got to be able to stay there.
Speaker 3: So those are incentives. They get it up to twelve. Oh, he's got to play, right, like he played half a season.
Speaker 5: Here, right, and you know he's not going to get that if your backup comes in in like last year's situation and he had all the injuries you were dealing with and you go four and four.
Speaker 3: Well okay, so that's very interesting, no one, because it was announced as two years, twelve million. Yeah, and then from the Cowboys perspective, okay, that's more. Yeah right, but at two years whatever, that is six point six million. I mean that's three million dollars a year.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't making soul. He was making less than three million a year.
Speaker 3: Well it was in the same ball, yeah, yeah, And so it's do you think the Cowboys were in on him or wanted him back.
Speaker 5: Well, it sounded like, and I don't know who said it or reported it, that they were going to move on from both of their backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And that's what it says with that money, It's what that sounds like, because I think with the what he's established here that he would have taken that money here.
Speaker 5: So do you think they have faith in Will Greer? Being I think veteran back up.
Speaker 3: I think they're looking I mean, why would they have faith in him? Well?
Speaker 2: Here, yeah, he's here.
Speaker 5: But if you look at the list of available unrestricted backup type quarterbacks right now, it's pretty slim.
Speaker 3: Hey, you've got it. It's got a quarterback. You've got a quarterback out there rehabing and actually off season workouts actually will start early for the Cowboys, can say have a new coach right early April. You got to have somebody out there throwing the ball and so you got to have somebody in the house. And so that's they signed Will Greer. They pick him up late in the year and then they signed him for this year. And you got to have somebody, so.
Speaker 5: And you need another somebody and you need.
Speaker 3: Two more somebodies. Yeah, and they're gonna get one in the draft.
Speaker 5: And they keep talking about drafting one and it's like, okay, fine, but you're not going to draft some guy in the second day, third day and he's going to be your backup quarterback. You got lucky with Dak. That ain't happening again. You better play the percentages on that one.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, right, Rill has never shown to have any type of consistency in his play, even in pre season.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He to me, he's just like the other quarterback that we help the way he was the same.
Speaker 3: That to me that that Okay, so Trey Lance is still out there. Okay, I've armed that. Well, here's in fact, I tweeted about this yesterday. So let me find my tweet.
Speaker 5: I had a list of guys and it was not anything.
Speaker 3: Well, all right, here we go. These are the available backup free agent quarterbacks. So this takes Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson them out of the maxwell, all right. The available backup free agent quarterbacks with ties to Cowboys coaches with tie with ties to Cowboys coaches. C. J. Bethard was in Jacksonville when Schotneimer was at Jacksonville, Okay, Okay. He was the offensive coordinator and Bethard was there. Trey Lance obviously has ties to shot Neimer. Jamis Winston, who by the way, is visiting the Giants reportedly today, as well as case Keenum and Tyler Huntley have been with Ken Dorsey before. Huntley was last year played for Miami, but in the off season and throughout training camp was with the Browns and that's where Dorsey was. Dorsey also coached Jamis with Browns last year and in case Keenum go back a few years and he had him in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I think wasn't he here too? Who Case wasn't here?
Speaker 3: No, No, all right. Desmond Ritter has been let go by the Raiders. Former third round draft pick who started in Atlanta. He was in Arizona last year with Clayton Adams who was the offensive line coach. Jeff Driscoll also was with Arizona, and Sam Ellinger was in Indianapolis. He's a free agent and Clayton Adams had him in Indianapolis and then the offensive line coach Connor Riley was with Carson Wentz and Easton Stick at North Dakota State, so there you go. Carson Wentz is out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tough one. So here's the list.
Speaker 3: I've got the here's the full list of available free agent quarterbacks. Trey Lance okay from the Giants, Drew Locke and Tim Boyle from Washington. Jeff DRIs School from Northwest High School, Northwestern High School in Miami, Teddy Bridgewater he's the head coach. Let's see Tyler Huntley who was with the Dolphins last year. Josh Johnson, who's thirty nine years old, was with Baltimore last year. Jameis Winston, Russell Wilson, Case, Keenam, Joe Flacco Okay, he's forty years old, Sam Allinger, c J Bethard, Carson Wentz, Easton Stick, Aaron Rodgers, and Desmond Ridder. That's your list of unrestricted free agents or just free agents out there.
Speaker 2: I like the if I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ridder actually played decently.
Speaker 2: I like him.
Speaker 5: Now here's the other thought. And I don't know how long you can keep your seat belt on, but the teams that are going to take first round quarterbacks, they're going to release somebody. So there's gonna be some other quarterbacks thrown into the pool.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing that's gonna happen. It appears in the draft. Is it sounds like, you know, who knows if this is true or not, that there's two quarterbacks going early and there can be some quarterbacks that you might like in the second, third, fourth round.
Speaker 2: This week class of quarterbacks they said.
Speaker 5: It's not deep.
Speaker 6: I don't think, well, it just depends on see when you start talking like that, Yeah, it depends.
Speaker 5: On what you think of Jackson, dart Right, things like that.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a week draft when Russell Wilson was a third round draft pick of the Seahawks and he won the Super Bowl the second year.
Speaker 2: So I mean there's the exception.
Speaker 3: There's Dak Prescott, who was week. You know, Zach Prescott came out.
Speaker 4: So I'm talking about the class, not just certain individuals, the class itself.
Speaker 2: According to the experts.
Speaker 3: That's because they compare it to last year's class and film. I think the jury's out on it. We'll see.
Speaker 5: So that's a spot the Cowboys need to fill. Now, the other guys they lost beside Rush, DeMarcus Lawrence, Jordan Lewis, ric O'dado, Chauncey Goldston, and Tchuma Dogu.
Speaker 2: That's your boy.
Speaker 5: So now Elam said that he did play some slot in at all. Was it Ohio State? And I say it right? Where was he in college?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: He's Florida, Florida that he said he was a boundary just pronounced Florida. Yeah, he was a boundary guy. And he said they got injuries one year and he had to go in and play the slot. But I don't know that he has extensive experience in the slot. And they really don't have another guy. Mclamu is not a slot corner. I'm sorry, you're not going to have a slot corner at six three.
Speaker 3: He's a slot corner who covers the tight end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 3: So that's and I don't know if anybody else Josh Butler maybe can go in the slot.
Speaker 2: And what's his a.
Speaker 3: Cl is right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know another guy which was a.
Speaker 3: Late season a c L still a late season I have to think that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that ain't happening. So they really need somebody to uh go into Lewis. Yeah, DeMarcus Lawrence. He only played four games.
Speaker 3: Last year so had three sacks. That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Head. Another defensive end probably who knows if this Peyton Turner can bleed a drop of blood because he surely didn't do it with the Saints, right, But he was a first round pick. So if you know you're looking for opportunity, you got opportunity.
Speaker 3: With thirty five and a half inch arms.
Speaker 2: That's not long, is it?
Speaker 3: No? It's very long, right, That's what I thought. Make you put both of yours together for eaches thirty five?
Speaker 5: Who was the guy I saw playing basketball had arms down to his knees?
Speaker 2: Oh, most of them?
Speaker 5: Oh, it was that the guy that used to be at.
Speaker 3: Oh ye oh way, Oh okay, yeah, guy's got arms forever for Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Now he's at Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Hit the game winning shot for the second time this year.
Speaker 5: Got paid more. Ye So anyway, defensive end, even though you know they got.
Speaker 3: Fouler back, it's still can I propose a tight end for you when we come back here on mix shots. There's a tight end in this draft that ever since you just got to watch and uh, as someone who I respect said yesterday, any GM that passes on this guy in the draft, I'd hate to be that person when we come back here on mix shots. In just a moment plus Ever soon I need to get to your thoughts on d Law and Micah when we come back on mix shots.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 2: You want to stay at the team hotel, attend.
Speaker 4: The best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you.
Speaker 3: Wincott Kitchen slides for the first.
Speaker 10: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 4: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky.
Speaker 2: And the Smoker.
Speaker 7: Miller Lite and the Clock the America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 3: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, de Vic Shuts.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Lamar and Scissor are bringing the Great Group.
Speaker 4: Scissor, Oh Yeah are bringing the Grand National Tour to AT and T Stadium on Saturday April twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: Limited tickets remain. Don't miss one of the biggest shows of the year.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets today at seat gig dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: They not like us.
Speaker 5: I wonder if they're dying.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no kidding. Saturday Nights Podcast Studio Yeshote, Bill Jones, Well, Becky spag Old, the old Irish man.
Speaker 2: We should have started, you said.
Speaker 3: Emerson came in and said he's not into Saint Patrick's Day and we're green. And then he announced that is that he's Irish black Irish.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, just like that.
Speaker 5: I want to know how that happened, Hey.
Speaker 4: Man, you got it happened. You can go throughout History's magazine. It's a long story, a long story, all right.
Speaker 2: And uh nice?
Speaker 3: I like this. That is very nice, very nice and festive on the Saint Patrick's Day, Mickey thought that St. Patrick's Day was Saturday, because you would. I wonder if Zeke went to the Saint Patrick's Day parade this year.
Speaker 5: Have you ever done it?
Speaker 3: I'm actually my daughter's told me we did once upon a time. I don't remember me.
Speaker 5: Well, you couldn't have had fun if you brought your daughter.
Speaker 2: Imagine a little sippy cup full of some beer.
Speaker 3: I think I went once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was no, No, I never went. My brother back before he got married. He was every year. My brother was out there on Greenville Avenue.
Speaker 5: Every year drinking green beer.
Speaker 2: Drinking green beer. That's his thing.
Speaker 3: That reminds me of In fact, I was in college at O'Connell's Irish Pub in Norman, Oklahoma. Of course it was huge on Saint Patrick's Day, the green beer, and I think it was probably free green beer. We broadcast on kg OU radio. We broadcast live from the patio patio at O'Connell's Irish Pub. Mickey, do you remember the Schultz brothers wrestlers at OU, Dave and Mark Schultz.
Speaker 5: Vaguely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they were great wrestlers, National champion wrestlers, and they had just won the national champion. Oh my, so they were celebrating, they had just gotten back in town. Put We put them live on the air without any eight second delay or anything, and there were some bombs been The interview was as well at the O'Connell's Irish Bow delay. That was the last day okag you radio was on the air It took the license away?
Speaker 2: Was it because of Now.
Speaker 6: This was the last day there was a movie about those brothers apparently, Yeah, Schultz brother Yeah and Fox Teachers.
Speaker 3: Dave actually tragically was murdered in Pennsylvania at age thirty six. Both just one yeah, yeah, So anyway, uh, that was that's my saint Patrick's day memory.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, let me show you a tight end that everybody's talking about in this draft, and is there any way that guy slides to number twelve in the first round, Tyler Warren out of Penn State. We've got it on the monitor here in the studio. Eversince is getting his first look at number forty four for the Penn State. Nitney lyons as I'll get my big green notebook out and give you some numbers on Tyler Warren. Last year he won the John Mackey Award one hundred and four receptions for twelve hundred thirty three yards and eight touchdowns. He also carried the ball twenty six times for two hundred eighteen yards and four touchdowns, and he was three out of six throwing the football for thirty five yards and a touchdown. A former high school quarterback from Mechanicsville, Virginia, Tyler Warrens six five and a half two hundred and fifty six pounds, and.
Speaker 4: I don't think his highlights do him justice. Yeah, he's made a lot more place I've seen.
Speaker 2: Him play this year. He made a lot of good plays.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we and this is against SMU and the college football playoff that we're looking at. There was one play on his highlight reel where he makes a one handed catch on the sideline and a dB comes up try to tackle him and just falls off flat on his back out of balves.
Speaker 2: That's not funny. I've done that.
Speaker 3: And then there's an exotic play trick play that they were in against USC where they were in a formation no one covers them. Where they were in a formation where he was lined up at center, but the center was at the end of the line of scrimmage. Okay, And he had two wide receivers flanked out to the left, snaps the ball to the backup quarterback who throws a backwards pass to the left side to the starting quarterback. He runs downfield, catches a touchdown pass in the end zone. Wow, unbelievable play.
Speaker 4: Now he's you can tell he runs well against his own Yeah, he knew where, he knows exactly where to stop.
Speaker 2: Those are good plays that are set up just for him.
Speaker 5: Got to get number.
Speaker 4: But I've seen him make much better plays than what we're looking at right there. But Tyler Warren talented guy.
Speaker 3: And the only reason I bring him up and the fact that it was Babe Bloffenberg. He texted last night and texted me last night and said, I don't want to be the GM who passes on Tyler Warren in this draft.
Speaker 4: He's one of those Swiss Army, and I've gotten he can do it all. He will be very instrumental in almost any special packaging that you can come up with.
Speaker 2: That's what he's going to be known for.
Speaker 4: But uh reminds me a lot of what's the guy from San Francisco, Kettle Kittle, I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, Kettle.
Speaker 3: One thing that's interesting about him in college is apparently sort of a late bloomer. Now, he did convert from quarterback in high school. He was, by the way, three time team captain that always registers big in the big Green notebook.
Speaker 5: Two times screen.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's right, we got our notebook two time all State in football, four time All Region in basketball, three time All State in baseball, also all around athlete. Tyler Warren.
Speaker 5: How tall is he?
Speaker 3: Six five and a half two fifty six. It looks sick, So he's Jason witt mall size.
Speaker 5: He looks small, little bigger to you small, Well, that number doesn't do many justice.
Speaker 3: Forty.
Speaker 2: Now, he's talented kid. I've seen him play a lot.
Speaker 5: But he's going to go in the first round.
Speaker 3: He's gonna Mickey's first five. He's gonna go like top five picks.
Speaker 5: Okay, no doubt you Now.
Speaker 3: Now last year brock Bauers was the tight end. Last year he had one hundred and ten catches whatever I mean, would have been Rookie of the Year if not for a guy named Jayden Daniels. He went thirteen. And the only reason he went that low thirteenth was because there were six quarterbacks taken in the first twelve picks. And so if there are only two quarterbacks going to go early this year, we'll see then you would think that Tyler Warren is going to be in the top six or seven picks in the draft.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the howling that'll take place of the Cowboys take a tight end in the first round.
Speaker 3: This isn't an ordinary tight end.
Speaker 2: I would not mind.
Speaker 3: Now, Penn State's Pro Day is coming up this week, and so it'll be interesting to see what he runs.
Speaker 4: A good tight end is invaluable, right, I'm sure you know that a good tight end is some quarterbacks dream.
Speaker 3: And the other thing, Mickey, you got to consider is Jake Ferguson's in the last year of his contract.
Speaker 5: Right, So on good point.
Speaker 3: A lot of times people look at what your needs are right.
Speaker 2: Now you got to do better well, but a lot And this is where.
Speaker 3: This team has run into problems in the past. I mean going back two thousand eight and then when they wound up having to trade for Roy Williams in the middle of the season, when they have to trade for Amari Cooper later, is you really had the need and they have the need right now for a second wide receiver to draft, otherwise you're going to be in a position. And they did the same thing here recently with Brandon Cooks bringing having to bring him in because they hadn't taken care of the wide receiver position in the draft. So try to can you go with us?
Speaker 2: Do you go with a slot receiver, a number two slot receiver. Do you go with number four?
Speaker 5: I mean with this guy, he can line up side dismissing running back all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Well, and then you got a deep running back draft.
Speaker 5: Where I can get one in the second.
Speaker 3: You can get one in the third and fourth too?
Speaker 5: What about that?
Speaker 2: Can you get one? They could play slider receiver either.
Speaker 3: Now you can't get one in the fourth because you don't have a fourth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're gonna have to trade.
Speaker 3: You got some fifths you can move up.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 5: Running backs from Ohio State?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: Are they first round? Can I get him on the second day? I would think second round?
Speaker 3: I would think second day, okay, but maybe they could one of them could go in there.
Speaker 4: And either one of those running backs? Are they the Swiss army knife that this this tight end is meaning? Can they catch? Can they run? Can they block? Can you put them in the.
Speaker 2: Slot every once in a while? Tight?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I don't know that until you get them in here, right. The other part of it is can they learn the plays quickly? You know?
Speaker 5: What about the wide receivers from Texas Golden.
Speaker 2: They run fast? They run fast.
Speaker 5: I think I'm going to go down there and go to their pro date.
Speaker 3: Okay, when is it Tuesday? Next Tuesday, next Tuesday, which is March twenty fifth. Yeah, I was. So we've got Matthew Golden right here there is now he has started his career at Houston right transferred to Texas.
Speaker 5: Well, I know, is he made a hell of a catch to win that game in the end zone?
Speaker 2: Which game.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 5: The Yeah? All of them? Yeah, every one of them.
Speaker 3: So tell me about Matthew Golden.
Speaker 2: What do you like about him?
Speaker 3: We said, we're watching him here.
Speaker 5: He gets he gets open and he catches the ball and they can't run with him. Look at this, he just ran right away from that guy.
Speaker 3: So you would take him twelfth overall?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm asking, I don't know what else is there?
Speaker 2: Are they from? Is he from Texas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course he is.
Speaker 5: Wasn't didn't he he made the What was the overtime game they played?
Speaker 3: Was that the playoff game that was against stairs on a state? You know, your both scatter boat and it was well what about him that that wasn't that was to force overtime? Forced overtime, right, and by the way that play was made by the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well quarterback everybody hates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. That was Quinn Yours the quarterback, and it was made. That play was made before the snap, which is what I like about Quinn Yours, right the head on his shoulders and no one been able to read defenses react.
Speaker 5: Can I get him in the fourth?
Speaker 2: Fans that don't like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because they got that arch meaning yeah, man.
Speaker 5: And I get him in the fourth? He's going before that, you would think, oh, I don't have a fourth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got three.
Speaker 5: I got three fifths to get back into the fourth.
Speaker 3: But seriously, the the that touchdown pass that you were talking about against Arizona State, and this is his entire career was writing on that play right there. I mean, you cannot be in a more pressure situation than that was right there with all the what you were talking about. The fans hate them, and he had gone he had to prove himself otherwise, Quinn Yours was a disaster. Even though he got him to the national playoffs the year before, they didn't get then they and he got him there again this year. Nobody cared if he didn't make that pass and what happened on it Arizona State was showing a max blitz and he had to bring everybody in to protect and then and so he read it like this and was able to max protect and get the ball out in time to his wide receiver for the touchdown.
Speaker 5: Now I understand the other wide receiver is Bond. Yes, he's faster, he says he is. He said it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Four to three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was going to go four three right, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And Matthew Golden ran a four two nine.
Speaker 2: I think when you have two guys like that to nine each other, just let them run against each other.
Speaker 3: Well, they'll have the opportunity next Tuesday in Austin.
Speaker 5: Is that me? Yep, he's in mission test.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, that's not me.
Speaker 3: You can't put that on your boy, that's my iPad. I went to NFL dot com and it started playing.
Speaker 2: That sounded like porn.
Speaker 5: I wanted to put that out down.
Speaker 3: That's on Matthew Golden page on NFL dot com.
Speaker 2: On Matthew, that's good. That sounds a little racy.
Speaker 3: Boy. All right, Well that does it. We're past the du yes, okay, all right, and so we'll preview Texas Pro Day next week.
Speaker 5: In the next aw diction because yeah, I mean we'll we'll have the show before we get there.
Speaker 3: All right, and we will chat at you next time.
Speaker 5: By the way, let me point something out. Free agency is not done. Last week Thursday, Yeah, I saw grades come out. Oh really, And then I heard somebody on talk radio go, well, now that free agency is over with, and I'm going, what do you mean it's been here for two days?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I will say this, there are more signings happening more quickly this year than in past years because there's guys are realizing I just got to take this one year deal. And usually these all these one year deals we've seen in the last few days, they happened the second week and they've.
Speaker 5: Had they've happening. No, it's not over with yet, and the Cowboys have had ten I think somebody pointed out, and I didn't go, Look, that's the most sense Plan B in nineteen ninety really because remember playing by Yeah, that so many people. And I think the Cowboys like sign f they were just bringing everybody in fifteen guys like.
Speaker 2: They were bringing everybody in eighty nine too.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but I think the Plan B thing because that's how they got Nova checked James Washington.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I've circled some free agent wide receivers out there to keep keep your eye on. Brandon Cooks, Keenan Allen, Tyler Lockett, Amari Cooper, Alan Lazard, Stefan Diggs, and Tyler Boyd. Those are a few that are still available out there. Well, you like any of them.
Speaker 5: The longer they sit, cheaper they get.
Speaker 3: I like three of those which ones?
Speaker 2: I like Digs? I love I love our bought Cooks as well.
Speaker 5: The Digs is coming off in a cl he got hot.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of hot.
Speaker 3: Okay, and here's the third one.
Speaker 2: I'll forget him.
Speaker 3: Locket and Keenan Allen.
Speaker 2: That wasn't Keenan Allen. I like size. I like size along with maneuver building, and this guy's got that package.
Speaker 5: I don't think he can handle two digs on one roster.
Speaker 3: Vicky ticking.
Speaker 2: Maybe one with help calm the other they act unison.
Speaker 3: You know, all right?
Speaker 4: That does it?
Speaker 3: And we will shout at you next Monday at eleven am on mixshot O Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.