Speaker 1: Hi guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and and Emily Simpson.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: We are so excited because today we have Katie Maloney on. Not only has she been so good this season and brought us so much entertainment, we just saw yesterday that she just did a deal with Chili's, shaking up the popular espresso martini and putting its own spin on the cocktails, swapping vodka for Reposodo tequila and ram to elevate the drink's flavors. I was like wondering why we didn't have one for today's pod.
Speaker 2: I know someone failed us there.
Speaker 1: We would have been we could have.
Speaker 3: Really gotten the juice so much to give me tequila before I started asking questions, Yeah we at nine am.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's yeah right, I'm at a high yoga. I'll have it with my Starbucks. I would have been fine. I would have been like, but to help introduce its Espresso Martini's. Chili's partnered with beloved reality star Ghina sche and Katie Maloni, who know a thing or two about cocktails. I thought the ads for it were super funny and cute. While Sheena, a former Chili's waitress, new guests would enjoy sipping on an espresso martini just as much as she does. Katie brought the tequila expertise. Eli television and cocktail lovers can find Chili's Espresso Martini and select restaurants nation wide. Now this started April fifteenth. I've got a Chili's right down the street.
Speaker 2: Can you I do too? I have a chili right down the streets.
Speaker 1: So you know what. I was also thinking this was a missed opportunity for Gina. Wasn't she at Chili's? Or did I make that up? No?
Speaker 3: Okay, two does bring up Chili and Gina? You were so shy, shay.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: People on Twitter like, stay crappy stuff about her that ass to do at chili Oh, she didn't actually work there as a teenager.
Speaker 3: No, no, now you need to apologize.
Speaker 1: Actually, I actually promise I thought that she worked at Chili's as a young kid and that's where that joke came from. I wouldn't have oh, Gina in this moment. I really did believe you once worked at Chili's, which I used to work at the local pizza place near my place that did not, unfortunately serve these espresso martini's.
Speaker 3: But she she actually was a flight attendant and she's very worldly.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm not that worried.
Speaker 1: I'm not wordly or I'm not worried where you're worthy. I'm wordy, but there's no ality, there's no l So now we are having.
Speaker 3: Tequila Katie joining us. Katie, how did you get that nickname? What happens when you're Tequila Katie? Is that like your alter ego a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean it's been so many years. I think it was just like, you know, a little too much tequila.
Speaker 1: And I get it.
Speaker 3: I get it because I feel like there's a Tequila Emily, absolutely, like there's like the reasonable rational attorney Emily, and then I do some shots at tequila and I'm ready to just put everybody up. So I wish I could blame tequila for any of my behavior, but just so okay, it could be a Starbucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Okay, get to ease you kind of end the questions. The first thing that we wanted to ask about was going into season eleven, what was the vibe like, because there was so much talk that the season prior, you guys were going to be in trouble and there was going to be issues and like scandaval was needed in order to keep ban of pump rules going. Do you believe any of that?
Speaker 4: No, I don't. I don't. I don't believe. I don't believe that necessarily. No. I think there's always something that's gonna pop off or gonna happen. I think every year there's like there's an element of like, well, how do we you know, like what's gonna happen next? Or you know, like there's like this sort of like come down from the previous season, and like everyone just is trying to like let the dust set a little bit and then we're like, all right, well, like there's there's nothing left in us possible, you know. But I mean obviously last season and what happened after the fact was just completely out there. I think this season we were just kind of there was just there wasn't enough life lived. I think, yeah, I think there was just a lot of fractures that it was just kind of like, Okay, well, how do we go into this, how do we be around each other in a way that feels natural or normal? That was more that attitude, I think.
Speaker 1: And were you guys going into it expecting that Rachel was going to Georgiurn or were you shocked that she didn't.
Speaker 4: We had no idea. No one had heard from her, talk to her, like, we didn't really know what she was doing or where she was. There was a lot of rumors we had heard that potentially she might We know that she talked to producers a little bit, but no one really knew what her plans were. So ultimately, when she decided not to, it was just kind of like, all right, well that's her choice. She's got to do what's best for herself. But yeah, I don't think anyone really knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 3: What would you have wanted to happen? I mean, if you had the choice, what do you think and taking emotions out of it, maybe from a logical standpoint or a show standpoint, do you think it would have been better for her to film or not film?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think in a lot of weird, messed up ways. You know. It it forces conversations, it forces uh closure or not. You know, sometimes you always get the closure. But I think, I mean, I understand from a mental health perspective, not wanting to put yourself in those positions or put yourself in the environment that you don't feels good for you. But yeah, given I.
Speaker 1: Was going to say, did you go on Instagram today?
Speaker 2: By chance? What's on Instagram? I didn't. What's on Instagram?
Speaker 1: She has just been eaten alive about discussing the show, showing clips of the show, then showing clips to the interview. And I was talking to Emily about this, like, if you have this yesterday, Yeah, if you really want to clear your mental health, why are you throwing it all over social media?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's that's kind of the thing. If she was really just going to completely just fade away and just want nothing to do with it and not come back into you know, the scene at all, I get that. But the fact that there's you know, podcasts and recaps and constantly just revisiting everything that's happened, I think, yeah, you should just come back to the show.
Speaker 3: And well, it's it's almost unfair that she does it from a safe space, Like she inserts herself into the show and comments on the show, but she does it from behind a screen, you know, from a safe podcast perspective.
Speaker 2: Do you see it like that? That's kind of how I view it.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I don't necessarily see it from like a safe space, but I just I see it from a way that it's just kind of like, ah, it's a bit cowardly.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't disagree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I just think I just think she should have just came and said what she had to say, talk to the people she needed to talk to. I mean, I don't think she should. I don't think she would have had to come back and fully immersed herself, but at least just so what she had to say. I don't know, I mean at this I mean, just at this point we're given anything that's gone down me as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I talk. Both of you guys are big dog lovers. Of course I love dogs as well, and something that I do and I may get kind of in trouble for saying this, but when it comes to pets or it comes to dogs, I feel like there is something where people that realize they're no longer in a mental situation where they can properly take care of their animal, they are so scared to properly re homee them or properly admit that they are not capable of doing it. Then that's when we hear these stories that then played out on vander Pump Rules or it played out on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Like what do you guys think needs to happen if you have a dog and you can't take care of it? And I just feel like people just because they're scared, and then what they end up doing is so much worse than what they could have done.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it doesn't even make sense to me.
Speaker 3: My dog is literally right next to me right now, you know, he likes to jump on me while I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: But I just can't.
Speaker 3: Fathom having an animal and not and if there was some reason I couldn't take care of it, I would make sure that, like someone in my family took it, or a friend or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just can't imagine the.
Speaker 3: Whole just dropping it off and not knowing what happens Like that would never happen in my world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we all have those people in our lives that care about our animals as much as we we do, and that they would know what to do more than we could in that moment. I don't. I don't think that I would ever resort to that. I think I think I would rather they go live with, you know, or at least have someone that I know and trust cares for them, that you know, really care you, that just knows what to do. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I mean, do you think that. Do you think that Graham or Hippie was an attempt by LVP to get Rachel back on the show.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: You don't think so.
Speaker 4: I think I think it was already I don't think that was going to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like that it was already too far gone.
Speaker 1: I mean, I had two French bulldogs and they were amazing. But my little brother lives on a farm, and he was like, I've always wanted these dogs. I love them. I think I could give them a better life, and they are his best friends. They lived like he sends me pictures every day. And it was a situation where I was like, you know what, he would do a better job than I'm doing. And I feel okay with saying that. Has Hippie seemed like a problematic animal in your experience since he's been back.
Speaker 4: Since he's been back, no, I mean, I think he's adjusting really well. From what the last update I got from James and Ali's that now, like with the cats, he's doing really well. Because I was at first like that was kind of concerned. I had to keep them separate. But now he's acclimated really well to being on the cats and everything. So I mean, things are going well.
Speaker 1: So and can you give us a little tea on the sandwiches something about her? Because we we had like people on the ground driving by, We're like, what.
Speaker 2: Is going on?
Speaker 1: Where are the sandwiches? Why?
Speaker 3: Actually, actually, Katie, we're hoping that you do another sandwich tasting and you invite us.
Speaker 2: That's really what we're hoping for.
Speaker 4: It's just gonna be sandwich tasting. That's really Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's a good thing. You could just charge for tickets and it's it'll be a thing.
Speaker 4: I know, I know. I keep seeing I see those same things of people driving by. They're like, it's empty. Nothing's going to be here. It's empty, and I'm just like, that's not it. Yeah, i mean obviously if it was, if it was just solely up to us and in our hands, we would have opened by now. But it's it's not easy, and there's a lot of work that you have to do and permits, and it's not just like going and like filing an application. It's you know, you have to file application, and a lot of it involves the fire department and and then this department, and that's and getting them to come out and do the proper inspections takes a lot of time. And then there's then if you have to correct anything, then that takes time. And sometimes it's ordering new equipment or new parts, and so it's just a lot of waiting game and just time that it takes.
Speaker 3: But we're now are you paying rent? Are you paying rent monthly? So every month and it's not open, you're still paying the rent.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know. But now now that we have everything we need, it's just now we're like in our hiring and training phase and just the final like touches on everything. So we're like really in the home stretch.
Speaker 3: Now, do you have an anticipated opening date. Yes, well that's good, that's good. We hope you have a grand opening with a sandwich tasting, and we hope we get invited to it.
Speaker 4: It won't be a tasting, it'll just be full on sandwich.
Speaker 1: We'll buy some sandwiches. Well, you know, we'll splurge on some sandwiches. We heard a rumor that there is going to be a ghost can on Uber Eats, which is actually ideal for me because I don't like going anywhere. Is that actually happening another room.
Speaker 4: Where I don't know where it came from? You know, I know a lot of people do that, but you know, I think that would just be very inconsistent because it would be I saw something it was going to be ghost kitchens across the country and I'm like, that wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: Ah, and not like a subway where it's just like.
Speaker 4: No offense.
Speaker 1: But I mean, like, you know, we're well, you're.
Speaker 3: Trying to make an elevated sandwich that's like a gourmet sandwich, So it's not like something that would be a franchise, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you mean you're not going to blow sandwich smell from the outer edges of something about her. So when people walk by, they get an overwhelming subway smell.
Speaker 4: Hole cuts just right down saw.
Speaker 1: Me and a lot of people. They want to know details about Penny.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to No, okay, but it's Penny still there.
Speaker 4: No, we're not working with Penny any longer.
Speaker 1: I kind of could feel that riding on the wall. I feel like Penny was trying to take control in the LA place, you know.
Speaker 4: I Mean we loved like working with Penny, and Penny was great, but it just ultimately wasn't the right fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you think Penny just wanted to be on television?
Speaker 4: I bet he's a great on TV.
Speaker 1: What do you think caused you and Ariana to get so close after scandabal Did you feel like you could relate to her in a different way or just you wanted to be there for her in her time of need?
Speaker 2: He like, what exactly do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's a lot of things. I think I could relate to her in a lot of ways, and yeah, and I did want to be there for her. I mean it was crushing what she went through. I just like my heart like aches for her. I saw her just in just complete despair and just what she went through and what those you know two put her through, just the lying, and and she trusted them so implicitly and denied and had their backs when anyone tried to say anything otherwise. And so I think she just felt like just so betrayed. So I, you know, really wanted to be there for her. And and I think also we always really did get along, but like our friendship couldn't quite get off the ground because you know, Tom Sandoval really didn't like me, and he would always tell her, you know, be careful of Katie. He really kind of drove a wedge between us so once.
Speaker 1: He was really do you think he didn't like you because you're smart and you're aware, like out of everybody, I feel like you sit back and watch what happens, and I think you've gotten your She's like a sniper. I love it. I do that too, Like.
Speaker 2: I love compliments herself. I do kind of like that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perhaps I just because I don't let him. He likes to kind of steamroll and manipulate people. Whether he agrees with that's what he does or not. I see it as that he wants to be the one, you know, calling the shots, making decisions, saying how it's going to be. And I don't agree with that, Like we have very opposing personalities.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Rachel insinuated that many of you knew about this prior.
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: Did anybody really know? I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Just I really am trying to wrap my head around this.
Speaker 4: There was I mean, there was suspicious behavior, like I mean, and Ali called it out, like they were at the Abby dancing and she's like, that's weird, and every like everyone said no. So if that was an indication of people knowing, she didn't bring that up. I mean there were people that knew. She didn't mention that Joe knew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna ask that did Joe know? Did you?
Speaker 4: I mean, but in that what you're talking about on that podcast where she's like listing the names of people that knew, she never mentioned Joe and that and Joe absolutely one percent. She she just brought up people that like she assumed knew because there were.
Speaker 1: Weird Does anyone care what Joe knows and Joe doesn't know?
Speaker 3: Because I surely doubt, come on, Joe's a character.
Speaker 4: I felt like there was something off about the closeness of their friendship, and I saw stuff like that was going on. But without concrete proof and evidence or something, you know, there was there was no way to actually know, and they were never going to admit to it, and Ariana wasn't going to believe it, so there needed to be real, true evidence. Right.
Speaker 3: Do you think, in just an honest, logical opinion, do you think Sandi Wal's shown any growth over the past year at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Done?
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the honesty.
Speaker 1: I will say that I did do an interview right at the beginning with Tamar, actually before Emily and I started popping off.
Speaker 2: We did it on chew Tees in a pod and I got to.
Speaker 1: Say both the Toms charmed us like we were both we both bought it hook line and sinker.
Speaker 4: I believe I told you that you did tell me that.
Speaker 1: But can I blame the tequila because I think we were at a fratrone event.
Speaker 4: You know, they are charming like that's you know, and it's honestly a bad thing.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, what do you think about this?
Speaker 3: I saw this on Facebook, like someone wrote this, and I thought it was really interesting. They said that Tom Schwartz is just as bad as Tom Sandoval, but he wraps it in like an endearing type of personality, so he gets away with things more like cause he has kind of that endearing, quirky personality that you know, he doesn't look as guilty or as bad as Sandoval.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't I don't know if they're necessarily as bad or worse, and maybe in varying degrees, you know, I think I think Tom Schwartz, you know, he just he doesn't really take accountability for things. He doesn't really understand where he goes wrong in certain situations, you know, and it's a frustrating thing. So he kind of just like floats by.
Speaker 2: He's either a puppy dog.
Speaker 1: Or then he'll say things like, I mean, there's things he said to you in the past that I can't even yeah believe and and you always and then you know, we turned around that you were the one to take the blame for it when clearly he wasn't the wrong. But there are still moments where I watch you, guys, and you can still see there is that softness there. Do you think that will be there forever? Do you think that's all people that have gotten divorced like there is you guys are.
Speaker 3: Just tolerating him because you're because you're on a show together.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, like of our time on the show, you saw so much like really bad between us, because that might be just more interesting to want. But we I mean, obviously we were together for a really long time for a reason, and because we did have a lot of love and there was a really great friendship between us. We did enjoy each other. And I think you're seeing what that was a little bit more now, even if it is not necessarily romantic anymore, but we did have a really great friendship. But we did enjoy each other and laugh together and poke fun. And so I think we're able to kind of just have that with each other now, even if we're not like friends like great friends anymore. It's just when we're around each.
Speaker 3: Other, I actually enjoy the two of you together and scenes I find that I find you entertaining because you can see that comfort level between the two of you. But can I ask you, do you feel like his treatment of Joe was bad? Like when I know you're not particularly fond of her, but when you see that, but she just.
Speaker 1: Offended Joe, you just offended him when Joe called him an f boy, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said the similar thing to him, because that's the thing. This is where I get into the whole like not wanting to be fully accountable for the things that he says and does, because I had a conversation with him as well, because he was like, you know, I told her like I, you know, didn't really want a relationship. I'm like, yeah, but saying one thing and doing another very different. You might have been saying that to her sort of maybe, but then when you're calling her and asking her hangout all the time and waiting to stay at.
Speaker 1: Your house, Yeah, yeah. And did he say I love you to her? Is that true?
Speaker 4: I don't that I she said that. He says, he's not really confirmed that. I don't know, but I just said, I'm like, you gave her a very different vibe with your actions and also probably with your words as well, So you know, I think it's possible that you let her on, but also maybe that she listened. I've accepted crumbs myself, so and I don't want to fully blame myself, but I do have to take a little bit of responsibility for allowing myself to be you know.
Speaker 2: I've accepted crumbs as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, it happens, and it's all part of growth and realizing. But something that Joe, I mean other than I think Joe's trying to sabotage with the blonde terror something that was on purpose. So we looked dating thing. But I was curious because towards the beginning of the season, Joe did this post where she talked about how he was her best friend and all of these things, and now she's on Rachel's podcast with a completely different story. What is that?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, yeah, I don't I don't know. I mean that post was wild. Yeah, but I feel I feel like the getting on the podcast and and it's like, you know that that like meme where it's like two bessies sitting you'll tell each other exactly. It's like those things like them hyping each other up and that you know, Joe could probably feel very content and about the situation, but then she gets around somebody else and being like, that's crazy, you shouldn't feel that way, and then get her kind of of wiled up about in a completely different way, you.
Speaker 1: Know, so unlike you, she can be easily swayed by whoever she's around. But do you think a big part of it is that she just wants to be on vander Pompoules because that whole scene with La La where she's like, I just want to be in the group.
Speaker 2: Wait, Teddy, can you imitate Joe? Please?
Speaker 1: Can you show Katie.
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: I can't? Why?
Speaker 1: Why does the lip have to go like that? And it makes me feel anxious?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know, Listen, I don't know.
Speaker 2: She has no response. She's like, I don't know how to respond to this.
Speaker 4: I'm scared too. I'm scared left because I you know, I said, I do one Instagram comment and it just lives in infany Why would you come on the show period? If you don't want to come on the show. I don't know. She's to make it like her, you know, full time thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what do you think of Schwartz's new girlfriend, because we were talking about her yesterday. We saw a photo of her and we thought she looked eleven maybe twelve.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean she's a young gal.
Speaker 2: Katie's very diplomatic.
Speaker 1: She still wears her uniform to school, but she's a legal age.
Speaker 4: Guys, mean, listen, I'm not an agist per se, do you think Schwartz has a date younger women so that I don't know, so that they're easier manipulated, Like he can't date a forty year old woman.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't deal with that crap.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, yeah, there's something, there's something there. Perhaps first of all, I wanted to be happy and he's happy. Great, But I think, you know, and again I think people can meet someone and they can be significantly younger and it can work out. However, you know, I think sometimes when when someone is that young, they still have a lot of life experience to have. And I mean from the time I was twenty three to twenty six, I changed. From the time I was twenty six at the time I was thirty, I completely changed. So, like, you know, there is that to be said. Doesn't mean she's not lovely or whatever, but I think he's referred to as being an old soul. And then I watched us the thing where she was talking about old souls, and they're like, the only time they refer to a girl in her twenties being old souls when something traumatic happened to her and she shouldn't be dating a man in his forties, she should be talking to a woman in an office about what happened to him. Wha, she's attracted to men that look like they could be her uncle.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that sounds like a daddy complex.
Speaker 4: The old soule thing is is a little wild to me because it is that's that is true.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about the girl that both you and Shorts potentially dated the painting I really need to know. I mean, I guess we'll see as this plays out, but I need to know if you go on another date with her, because after the painting date, when she didn't realize the YouTube and the in your face in that moment, I was like, Katie's got to be done at this point the.
Speaker 4: Bob rossly, Yeah, yes, I mean dating was a bit of a stretch. I mean we I think we hung out a little bit more, but it was like it was very casual. But yeah, no, I mean it didn't really take off, just.
Speaker 1: Like the her nanny for she now or dating Shorts or I mean, she seemed like she mightn't want to get in the mix as well.
Speaker 4: I mean she's been in the mix for a while, That's how I met her.
Speaker 3: But you know, yeah, were you were you really interested in her or was it more about kind of taking her from Schwartz, Like did you take some pleasure in that?
Speaker 4: No, I mean I it would have been better if he was just I thought he was with Joe. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Joe thought so too.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, by the time I had stags in there found out that like her and Schwartz were like maybe talking, I had already like talked to her, and I was like, well, I'm not going to like be like, oh, just kidding, never mind, just because maybe him and you know, him and Tory had been talking. I was like, well, this is unfortunate, but oh.
Speaker 1: Well, well no, it wasn't unfortunate. Max Boyan's was pretty hot. So I'm curious. Did that happen more than once?
Speaker 4: Uh not really.
Speaker 2: That's either yes or no.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna be thinking.
Speaker 3: Like, eh, not really no, So no, So it was one of the time. Was it more revenge related or were you attracted to him?
Speaker 4: I mean Max is an attractive guy, Like we can all look at him and be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, objectively he's attractive.
Speaker 4: Objectively, yes, he's attractive, And it was not revenge thing. It was just like, I'm not going to like be care about what Tom thinks in this moment? Were you just really what anybody thought in that moment? Which is unfortunate for people that I really do care about how they feel.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about how many like how many people's location do you have on your phone?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: I don't, That's what I was going to ask you. Does she still track everyone? Does she still know where everyone is?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think she said that she had got more people's location since I share their location with her since then, which is crazy. Do you share your location with her? No?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Like. The only time I share my location is if like I'm like traveling with somebody and it's like a safety thing of like, but I do it so it expires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the thirty six hours or whatever it might be, Teddy, do you share your location?
Speaker 1: It was Shina? No, But I will after the pot and see if she accepts it now. But I think she is annoyed at me because she sent me a text a while back, so I think it might be a while before she cares where I am or what did you piss her off already?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's I tend to do that. But I think she'll come back around one other thing about Sena before we get into La La. There was a thing between Sena and Jack's where Jack's I think was so inappropriate by saying, you know, Sheena the mom shaming all that stuff. But Sheena said she alluded to the fact that pasta doesn't actually mean pasta. We've now heard this rumor for years. Is pasta freaking pasta? Or is pasta extracurricular activities?
Speaker 2: I just please set me straight.
Speaker 4: Pasta is pasta pasta. I just think she was looking. I don't know. I think she wanted to say something else and didn't have another word, and I think she wanted to send a message, and.
Speaker 1: So she hearsed passa kind of like the Apple song. Were you really sick that you didn't go to the video because you didn't look sick?
Speaker 2: I'm sick.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was so sick for like date. Okay, there was something that went around. It went around through our entire cast, our entire crew, like everybody. It touched everybody. Okay, I think I got it from Tory.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, that would make sense.
Speaker 2: Well, she was making out with some people, so that makes sense.
Speaker 1: But I do have to give Katie props. I was once at a location with Katie and there was the hottest guy we have probably ever seen, and this guy did a B line to Katie and she was so cool and so laid back, and I just saw him like eating out of her fingers. Like, what do you think it is about you that just like because you didn't make any effort? Yeah? Okay, so what do you think it is? Like do you give an eye like for a listen that want to bring a dude in or bring a chicken?
Speaker 2: Like what is your move?
Speaker 4: I don't people say the confidence because it's like what does that even mean? I think it's just sort of like eye contact and like kind of folding that a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, you know, I'll tell you what it is because Katie has a very cool aloofiness to her.
Speaker 2: She's very aloof, and I feel like that interested.
Speaker 3: But I don't know if a loof is the right word, but it's like a confident aloof.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you're not trying to like get attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah she's not trying too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you're not going into the club like look at me, You're just standing there and then okay, so you're holding your gaze longer.
Speaker 3: Than that two seconds. Oh, I see Teddy, Wan's actual specific we're training.
Speaker 4: You see somebody like get their like attention, but not in a showy way, like just try to get some eye contact maybe a few times, but don't try to like make like a scene out of it. Just kind of like hang out with your friend, do your thing, and then it just eventually eventually they come.
Speaker 1: They all come, Okay, can you talk to us about la La? Okay, because we got there was a bunch of Lalla this season. There was some pretty like volatile moments you know in the past where you two have but butted heads. But then Laala has said at the reunion grossed her out because people were fraudulent.
Speaker 2: Who do you believe she was talking about in that moment?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know if I can say, because I don't want to give anything away.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us male or female?
Speaker 4: Female?
Speaker 2: Does it rhyme with Schmadi.
Speaker 1: Or not?
Speaker 2: Marianna?
Speaker 1: But you're really good, very covert, Teddy, because we saw, okay, we can narrow it down if it's female and it's a full time cast member, be about a full time cast member. She was just with she and at Coachella. So it's either got to be you or Ariana. But you have been unfollowed, and so is Ariana because she wanted to even out her count on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you stay following. Are you an unfollower or blocker in general?
Speaker 4: I'm not. I'm not an unfollower or blocker. I just paid people with dust. I just don't like I might mute them if I don't want to, like look at what they're posting, if they're like if if it's bugging me, But I just I feel like the the unfollowing and the block it feels so like a juvenile.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then because then it's like if you like make up, then you're like got to do like the refollow it. You know, It's just I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just so it's so interesting to me that social media follows that stuff so closely. So like if you unfollow each other or block each other or or unfollow and refollow, they write stories about it. And so that's why it's just it's easier not to do it than you just don't. You don't put the energy out there.
Speaker 4: Right m m.
Speaker 1: But you're just at her gender reveal, so now I'm confused again.
Speaker 4: I'm I am as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so all right, glad, glad, we're all in the state. That was clear enough, So you're confused as well. This heart, this is not to be shady. I know you're about it out of time. I'm looking at the background of your room.
Speaker 2: It looks very clean.
Speaker 4: This is well, this is this is like my like bedroom, like spare bedroom. So we're like, I keep my shoes.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it's organized, and we went into I don't sleep next to my shoes, okay. But it appears to me that shorts Sandoval and Arianna are very messy individuals, and for someone with us, that causes me stress.
Speaker 4: I definitely like am somebody that will like let a little bit of like clutter happen. But I like that, like it feels like a little bit like lived in. But no, like I I a way more tidy.
Speaker 1: Do you leave chicken sate on your bedside tail?
Speaker 3: Can you admit that might be a little slobby?
Speaker 4: No? I think what what I think that's about is like it really just shows kind of like how the living stites, like she's truly like living just solely in that bedroom, like there. She's not like living amongst like the rest of the home. She's not like the kitchen is not somewhere that she's like hanging out and she's not eating in her kitchen. She's not living in her living room. She's really just in that bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you watch The Valley?
Speaker 4: I have been. I don't know if I've seen every single episode, but I watched the other night. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who do you enjoy on that show the most?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love Janet and Jason on there. I think they're great, and I mean I know them. I feel like I don't know everybody likes super well, but I'm I've I'm been acquainted with everybody to some degree.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Jesse?
Speaker 1: Jesse won me over this episode because Michelle is a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater, and like that's fine, admit it from the beginning. Don't lead us on that he's solely an asshole. I want to know that.
Speaker 2: I want to know at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he's still I don't know, and I need to know if it was Quinn Tarantino or Michael Bay.
Speaker 2: I need I don't want to see the blurb out, do you know Katie.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but now I want to find out.
Speaker 1: All right, can you get on the horn? Can you find that out for us?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well now that I didn't know any of this when it was going on, but like now that I know that, there's like some kind of something I need to.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, you got to catch up now, Okay, can we play F Mary kil sure? Or it doesn't have to be kill.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Name name whatever, Jack's Joe and Sandoval F Mary kill?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, sorry you have to pick. It's just you can pickture Emily. Oh okay, let's see. Well, oh my god, this is I would marry. I would I would.
Speaker 3: Marry Jacks because I find him amusing, but we would end up divorce after like six weeks.
Speaker 2: No joke. F Sandoval killed Joe? Who has the most money of this group? Of those three? Oh, that's what you want to marry.
Speaker 1: I've got to figure it out some way.
Speaker 2: I mean this, well, Jack Jackson has a lot of cameos to do. Okay, yeah, he does a lot more than me.
Speaker 1: All Right, Katie, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I I this is terrible.
Speaker 1: To kill them all.
Speaker 4: I want to kill him Okay, Like who am I going to make?
Speaker 1: The killing is an easy one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like any of them can go Uh well, yeah, I could marry Jackson, just divorce them. I don't even have to have sex with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, Brandy's not.
Speaker 4: I guess I could. I guess I could fuck Joe because.
Speaker 2: You know, really well that's especially Joe and Sandoval at this point. So she's got to go with Joe.
Speaker 1: I mean it wouldn't be great for you to stand at this point, Like I feel like that would cause a lot of drama for you on the show. Yeah, she has to kill him. That's the only option.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, that she's disturbed. Now we like to end on a really positive note.
Speaker 4: Ye, it's not gonna sit with me all day?
Speaker 1: Or is there anything you want to tease that's coming up or anything else you want to talk about before you have to go?
Speaker 4: Like, I'm not over that.
Speaker 2: Look, she needs therapy now.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I have a podcast of data called Disrespectfully. We have new episodes out every Wednesday wherever you listen to podcasts or you can watch on YouTube. It's really fun. We talk about sex, relationships, everything just that comes to mind. It's it's wild.
Speaker 1: We have a good time, all right, Well, you guys should definitely tune in because it's super entertaining and the final, the final final is Did you know ahead of Arianna doing Dancing with the Stars that she was doing Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 4: No, I think you just lie to me. I didn't. No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Do you think Sheena is over that Arianna was on Dancy with the Stars?
Speaker 2: I think bry now she now.
Speaker 1: Okay, now she's a said about Chicago.
Speaker 4: And Arianna even went into something about her and did that whole promo with Derek Coff and I didn't even know about that, Like, so she really kept it a secret.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it is a big India and you don't want to lose a job like that. So I can't actually believe you on that. Do we have any other dude to action or female action with you that we're going to see play out through this season? No, we had a dry spell.
Speaker 2: She's hopelessly alone the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm optimistically alone.
Speaker 3: Optimistically alone. I like that she's losing. She's loofully alone.
Speaker 4: Listen for the options.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's better to wait it out, especially if her f Mary Killer jackstra. I want to know who the hot guy is that came up to her.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, is she not an option?
Speaker 1: Katie?
Speaker 4: No, I mean he was an option that night. They'll say that much, but no, I mean like it wasn't like something.
Speaker 1: That was going to like no anywhere, but it was it needed to go somewhere that night. The entire club we were all like, yeah, he was fine, Fine, I need a photo. Are you a kid person? I'm not saying do you want to have kids? But are you a kid person in general? Because when I saw you and Laala having that discussion where Lala was feeling hurt and Emily and I had a discussion about kids, like, some people just don't want to be around other people's kids all the time, and that is completely fine.
Speaker 4: I think like generally, yeah, I do, I like kids most of the time. Some kids are annoying, but yeah, like ninety five percent of the time I really like kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, then that makes you know, But on your free time, I think it makes sense if you don't have kids that you don't necessarily want to want to hang out with people who have kids.
Speaker 4: I like all my friends' kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, okay, so we just didn't know, all right, but okay, well we're excited to keep watching and see what happens. You guys got a lot of episodes this season, and uh, I'm looking forward to the reunion and I'm going to stay on track of the who's following who We're on it. Can you do me a favor? Can you just like all of her posts?
Speaker 2: Like who's posts?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Do you want her to like anyone that unfollows her? If she likes them, then there's the stories are going to keep going. So you want her to sit around and just like people's posts that have unfollowed. She could do it in two seconds, right now, Just go through and like the last ten.
Speaker 4: Posts like I don't have anything better to do.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much, Katie, Oh my pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys for joining us today on Popping Off, and thank you to Katie Maloney for joining us today. It's a juicy episode.