Speaker 1: Welcome to Decisions Decisions. I don't think you should say decision decisions. It sounded like you was talking to did Kirsten? You definitely say to welcome, Welcome to the new podcast. Oh wait, you want to say together Decisions Decisions.
Speaker 2: Today on Decisions Decisions ladies.
Speaker 1: Oh, there we go. That's all we needed. That's all we needed. Welcome, y'all to.
Speaker 3: Another episode of Decisions Decisions. I'm your girl, Mandy b aka Peg Decillion aka Peg and Marco aka Peggy Bundy aka Dead Bitch.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, I'm Weezy, and we have a guest in the villa, Danne. Don't know if you've ever heard of Ruth. We can call her Babe Ruth, or.
Speaker 3: We can her as Soreya y'all. She is a singer, actress, and all around creative powerhouse. You may have first fell in love with her as Tiana Brown on Fox's hit series Empire, and since then she's lit up the screen in films like Burning Sands and Favorite Son, but also, most recently, because we all Got Netflix, Ruth and Boaz. She also has her own land in music with her R and B infused sound. Welcome to the goddamn podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I it just hit me when you said R and B and the cow pants? Is this for the country girl? For the songs for the country theme?
Speaker 3: And then, by the way, the movie theme them was some country songs.
Speaker 2: They were and that was actually the part for me that was so different.
Speaker 1: But I loved it. I love that you ain't putting no accent on it. No, no, no no, because he was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no for sure. But I definitely when I heard the songs that Babyface wrote, I was like, oh wow, and I started saying, I'm like, these do feel like low key country?
Speaker 1: What is when I say so, that wasn't acting. He wrote them songs. No, he really wrote the song so love.
Speaker 3: Me tell you some tea, just so that you know who you're sitting with your in the Presence of Greatness during Essence Fest, we actually girl followed Babyface on stage and introduced Maxwell.
Speaker 1: I have to tell everyone that was a highlight of the year.
Speaker 3: Really literally, Babyface sung all his tunes, all his things, so I got your excitement in the show. Baby I was like, my god, I know all his music and I was like, this thing, I gotta be rich.
Speaker 1: Because this is the Jams, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so literally baby Face is coming off stage and we're like prepping our little.
Speaker 1: We had to yeah we was on stage.
Speaker 3: No no, we literally didn't say anything. We just saw his greatness walk down the stairs. Okay, you where our que cars at?
Speaker 1: Have I told you that my baby face story about Thanksgiving? No? Oh, y'all. So I had an opportunity to know before. When I said y'all, I'm thinking like listeners, Mandy, Okay, so oh, I hate didn't make it a dark. So I don't really spend Thanksgiving with my parents anywhere because my dad he's just kind of been, you know, not the greatest health. So my mom and I has been spending Thanksgivings with Quesla, which is a flex in its own, so you would think like, oh, you're gonna be with the family. We pull up to Thanksgiving and the first person we see his baby Face, and I grabbed my mom's hand and I said, please, don't say anything. Why would I say anything. I'm cool, I'm playing it cool. She has three cocktails. We sit down, mother sitting next to me. Kenneth, it's sitting across from my mother, right on the third step of that third cocktail, she goes, I just gotta say, Babyface, this is a great Thanksgiving. I mean, did anybody think they need even with baby Face? And everybody's really looking like, yeah, we did. So here's I'm not going to ask you to see. He goes great, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna ask you. Then, few SIPs later, couest love. Everyone's calling him a mirror. Do you think we could get tickets to your show? And he's looking like, what show? I have eighteen upcoming shows, Mama, the one with Jimmy Kimmel. He's not on Jimmy Kimmel, He's on Jimmy Fallon. And then she knows Jimmy zoo. I mean it's the Gym's Yes, a lot of Jimmy. You know, there's a lot of jim then decides after the fourth cocktail to move over Babyface's girlfriend and sit by him to say, I say, we go to the Jimmy Gimmel. Oh girl, I wanted to die anyway. Every time I see this man, my head goes down. I have nothing to say of it. My mother moved over his girlfriend Thanksgiving different, come move I'm not gonna lie her mom is wild.
Speaker 3: We now have things in common. I was told not to talk to Dojia Cat, and I sure did, bitch.
Speaker 1: Because oh, okay, you tell the story. And then we got to hear your celebrity story.
Speaker 3: To know your celebrity story of word, lo, you have to you have it. We're now sharing story. This is like a little bit of an icebreaker. So anyways went on. I'm not gonna tell y'all who told me not to do it, but it was like a spoken word in the vehicle. We knew the Doja Cat was gonna be around us that night, and clearly, bitch Almala is my girl.
Speaker 1: So wait, bit you couldn't speak literally because clearly I'm a fan. And yeah, like it was on.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, don't really like make it awkward, don't let her know you're a fan on it.
Speaker 1: I was like, bitch, I'm.
Speaker 3: Also well, So anyways, I end up at h we end up at this rooftop in La. It's gorgeous. She's there sitting right across from us. Oh my god, mom, and I'm like and I'm like, so mind you, I'm like, na gonna speak nothing. She's sitting there with this little long ass like cigarette, maybe getting ready for her eighties era.
Speaker 1: I wasn't ready.
Speaker 3: So literally just sitting there freaking. I looked to the side of me and there's a whole phone by me, and I'm like, oh shit, somebody left their phone. Minus this is a big ass fucking party, so I'm like, oh shit, somebody left their phone. So I'm sitting here and I'm just holding holding this phone. There's cards in the back. So I look through the cards in the back. It's not her, bitch, it's Joseph Quinny bitch, her boyfriend, the white one bitch, the one for motherfucking stranger things.
Speaker 1: So I said, oh, I got this that, so mind you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, bitch, now our boyfriends, this is gonna be gonna be organic, you know what I mean. It's gonna be organic, because what's doing you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Where he put it down in the but somehow his phone landed in my hand. So I go to Joseph and I and I'm like, uh, so I think you lost something. He's like, oh my god, because you know, oh my god, thank you so much. Didn't even now listen like he's like, what do you want?
Speaker 1: Do you want to drink? Bitch? Is open bar? What are you gonna give me? Sir? This is an open bar event. So it's so funny.
Speaker 3: So I give him his phone and he's like, oh my god, thank you, whatever you need.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, it's cool, it's cool. It's cool.
Speaker 3: So literally, uh, she's coming back now from the bathroom as we're talking, and I go to walk away and I never want anyone to say that I'm a white woman. She said, girl, your hair is giving Sharon Stone And I said, bitch, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Mind?
Speaker 3: You were like probably the only black people in the whole party. Mind you were only half. So there's only about two and a half of us in the whole room. The two and a half of us in the whole room, and literally the whole night. She's just like she just keeps talking and chatting. We end up going down by this pool, bro no lie because la weather sucks and I got my shoulders out and I'm looking cute. She's like, baby, you look cold. She takes off her blazer and gives it.
Speaker 1: To me, And at this point we're fucking friends. So we go to fucking we're talking.
Speaker 3: She's talking about how I think the cigarette is called the F word out in London and we're talking about this word and.
Speaker 1: How she loves the word, but how she's just that bitch and how she you know, she love crazy words. We've seen it on the streets. Well there's this.
Speaker 3: Guy smoking the cigarette and we're talking about just how he looks so possible, but it looks better in a woman's mouth. She's just one of the coolest bitchest fucking ever. Shout out to her album Go Get It Now, vias out. This is not an ad, And so literally as we go Manyie, she's been talking to me you the whole night, and I say.
Speaker 1: At the end, I just have to tell you how much I love it.
Speaker 3: And my friend who told me that I wasn't supposed to say anything to her, really kind of had to say something.
Speaker 1: I know, no, we're friends, just you know, but not following up. No we didn't exchange or anything like that. But literally that.
Speaker 3: Night I was told not to say something, and at the end I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, air and I was like, bro. When we were hanging out that weekend in Paris and it was like that you.
Speaker 3: Saw for a ticket now I need to know because you you've been around not not like that. Would you be around like the slips? Yes, oh thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes. I No, I'm gonna say something I don't get.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would say babyface because obviously we're working and I'm just like so nervous. First of all, well to be in his presence. Secondly, to work with him in the studio.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, oh my god, now this is for the scene we saw in the movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, well, well, okay, so all of the songs recorded he wrote. So I flew to La to record with him at his studio.
Speaker 1: Was losing in his house? No, not in his house at his studio because they don't start. I'd be like, let me go to the bathroom. Now I'm gonna look around. No, no, no, I was not at his house.
Speaker 2: But you got to I have to actually work with him, like really work with him, which was crazy. So it's like pinch me moment. But I would say another moment for me. I mean, I don't even know. It's probably like twenty seventeeneen, I don't even know, sixteen seventeen, maybe.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen Beyonce. Okay, Okay, where were you.
Speaker 1: Set the scene? What she smilling?
Speaker 2: So v Mas, I was with Taylor Swift and the squad at that time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was at that time. You know. It was it was it was giving that, you know, right, I was a black girl in the gang.
Speaker 2: And well there was two and a half of us, I guess and and yeah, so we're backstage and we're like, oh my gosh, congrats, I think it's me. Look another set of things, me Selena and Gomez and Taylor. Look we know it was the other Selena. So listen these by the way, these girls are just they're so sweet. I haven't seen or talked to them in years, but so sweet. So this moment, Taylor got the award and Beyonce is just like walking backstage, right and this is like Primetime Empire, like people are doing watch parties like this is like Empires, like the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm just Siana, like I don't have a name yet.
Speaker 2: So so so she's walking and literally I kind of see her out the corner of my eye, but I'm like okay, like I'm like congratulations, you know with Taylor, and literally walks by and she like comes to me and she's like you're doing amazing. Oh bit she spoke to you, yes, and I was like, and I was like, she was like leaving.
Speaker 1: She just like drops that and like and I'm like, oh my god, I live with the watching TV.
Speaker 3: Ya watching the thing. You know what's going on. She don't talk to us, but she knows what's going on. So she was watching Empire and.
Speaker 2: She's say exactly, and I was like, I was trying to like say thank you, but also like.
Speaker 1: You didn't say nothing back.
Speaker 2: Yes I did. I was trying to say, like, oh my god, I love you like I was doing that because I was like, I don't care, Like when when am I going to Beyonce?
Speaker 1: What are you going to see Beyonce again? Like you have to? Did you ever see her again? No? No, I'm not going to be in a relationship. I'm famous and you famous, nigga, and.
Speaker 3: We ain't never get no more beyond you don't even know mind you. Year one, we talk a little rowdy on here, literally weezy and I'll never forget it said that she would, oh my god, fart out of Beyonce's ass after Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: That was how much it was the year you saw how much yeah that I have to talk about it already, crazy Taco Bell.
Speaker 1: That's how much she.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I what's even crazier is all that big bold bad ship. So my business partner and I got to be at a you know, the Foundation le Vton show.
Speaker 3: This is how you urged them to go to Patreon because you share the whole story.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was gonna say. We got to be around them at an after party and the whole time, who's them Beyonce and Jay and part well maybe less than fifty people, And the whole time all we could do is just sit there and do this to each other. You say, so, you say no, I'm gonna say okay. So then he pulls out his phone. I'm like, what are you doing figuring out what I'm gonna say? Writing it in the notes? But oh, I one time a gold party? Look at yourself? You did? You did? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: I heard that was also everyone did, by the way, it was one of the best.
Speaker 1: Which gold party?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: Oh? It was years ago. It had to be when the Black Panther.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he was there, like it was like when that movie first was like, that's right.
Speaker 1: So but all the all the black excellent. I know we're supposed to talk about your movie.
Speaker 3: I'm like, we gonna get there.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get there. This is so much more.
Speaker 3: Actually, know what, let's we kind of broke the ice with Beyonce, but we're gonna break the ice with a little truth in there. I don't like people choosing because you give people truth or there, they want to be boring into the truth. So technically I make people do both. You actually have no choice. Okay, So the first one we're gonna do is truth.
Speaker 1: And this does lean.
Speaker 3: Into the new Netflix film so and it actually leans into your personal life. So in Ruth and Bo as Ruth prefers to herself as a liar at the end of the movie, and it's corrected by Bo with him saying, well, you omitted information.
Speaker 1: And we talk about this all the time.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between lying and just not telling somebody like white lies, fibbing all the things? So, was there anything that you have purposely kept from a potential partner, a potential partner out of shame or trauma or fear that they would judge you if they knew this to be true about you? For sure, Now you got to tell us what it was.
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh yes you're shot? You thought? No, the same.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I mean not to be boring, but I just feel like for I feel like it's past partners because it's because it's I don't know where this is going. I want to see where this is going first. Maybe should I say something? Maybe I shouldn't. And I think that it's a I feel like it's a normal thing to do, and I think both parties do it if you're to a certain extent right Obviously, if it's someone that's in your circle or that we like, are around, like you.
Speaker 1: Have to say those things.
Speaker 2: But if it's something before, I feel like it's natural if you're in a new situation to kind of just like reserve. So let me ask you then, what would be like the top two things if you're newly dating and in previous experiences for you, what two things about previous relationships for you?
Speaker 3: Like, I ain't bring it up? Was it like if your partner cheated?
Speaker 1: Was it if you cheated?
Speaker 3: Was it the dynamic of that?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What things do you make sure not to bring up in new blossoming relationships about your past relationships?
Speaker 1: Well, if somebody cheated.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say that, like I have no problem saying that the person cheated, or I have no problem saying if I did that as well, but have not have not.
Speaker 1: You haven't, okay, but you are. But I have no problem because here's the thing. I mean.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always feel like it's like, what do you want with the person? Right? And I feel like if you want something authentic and real that I feel like you have to try to put.
Speaker 1: Yourself in that that space with them.
Speaker 2: But what do you think there are like no, like I would I would never share like personal life information of my past partner, Okay, I feel like that's just a little messy, okay, like things that we shared in confidence that was like about him solely.
Speaker 1: I think that I just I wouldn't talk about that. You're you're now in a new relationship.
Speaker 3: I know we share our lives on goddamn podcasts, But for a partner who hasn't went through all fucking four hundred plus episodes, was there anything special about your past relationship that you didn't share with your partner now at the gate like that it took a while to share.
Speaker 1: I would say the harder pain of like hmm. So maybe we've all said a guy cheated, but I never disclosed how bad it was because I didn't want him to think, oh, well, you stayed with it. You let a nigga just run through you. Like I really think that we kind of need to show up as Hey, I've had men treat femail. I've had these good situations. I've had partners that have honored me, like I've had good relationships. I think it's really important. Actually, we have a segment called We Listen and We Judge. I want to read you really quickly. A text message I got but maybe an hour ago. Oh well, we asked for pre consent with anything that we share, Okay, And this text message really surprised me. From a friend, he went out with a really popular model last night Passion week. Shit they met, I said, how was it? She's beautiful, no doubt. Her story is just so sad that it just feels like she's going to be a generational curse to me. Honestlyes I said, so a bitch got a bad past and it's a problem for you, he said, just mad issues with men. Her mom's got the issues, her sister's got the issues. It's a cycle of trauma that I'm just not up to heel. Bro. Well, it's not for you to heal, honey, But I'm like thinking to myself on a first date, you must have. I mean, that's a lot, and that's the thing about hiding. You gotta hold some of that shit.
Speaker 3: It's funny though that he referenced it's a lot for him to hell. I think it's funny because even one of the things that Cardi B shared during her rollout was like that Sepon Dicks was going to be there to help heal her through her past relationship in trauma. And it's interesting because whether you want to do it or whether you sign up to do it, at the end of the day, if you're with somebody and you want to be with them, unfortunately, you do take on their trauma, You take on some of their baggage, you take on whatever they're dealing with mental health wise, you deal with their past relationship ships, in terms of children, you deal with their family. And so where he said that, I'm not mad at him for that, I was kind of mad at that. Like, Bro, there's certain things right now. Bro, if you got like very clear diagnosed mental health problems, bro I ain't got the patience for Us'm gonna be real honest with you, but to say generational curses, I mean, I mean maybe that was his way of expressing like how intense it was, but I'm not mad with that.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, she she came in hot with the trauma. Yeah, and he was well not off gate, yeah, not off gate. He he kind of was persistent, it's like, all right, well if you want to know that.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I feel like one or two I feel you on that because it's like, that's very mature of you to be like, Okay, I'm not in the space to deal with a B and C.
Speaker 1: And him too, I think that it's interesting that.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting he chose that response, and I think it's interesting that she chose to share them share the stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So honestly, it must have been something along the lines of like oh heavy, I'm singles, my dad was shit, blah blah blah, like whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Because what happened, well, at least she ain't opened up with I'm broke, because apparently that's the thing in Atlanta, and now all the bitch is letting it be known that they need help with bills. So I'm not mad with her opening and sharing that that I don't feel safe with Madden, Like I still want to date y'all niggas, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, And I don't know, I mean for a grown man. He's mid thirties. He was like, yeah, bro, Like, I'm not dealing with this. I do think there is a space of where we kind of got to show up as a better version. Right, We're not going to always be at our best. We're always still healing no matter what. But I do think going on a first date, you can't be in the space where you still like I hate every man, you know what I mean? Like you shouldn't either. Oh, I shouldn't be on the d I'm in there. I mean, I have shots deep trying to heal the pain.
Speaker 2: No, I mean for sure, but like for it to go somewhere, it's like.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's get in the writer's room. Bitch, your character pissed me off?
Speaker 1: What does she do?
Speaker 3: But she was like you like all them, all the niggas in Atlanta, and that man was fine. I didn't hear a word he said the whole movie. I don't even gonna no, like.
Speaker 1: Bro, I need, I need like. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was very bold of her, Bro, it was very It's very bold of.
Speaker 3: The casting to choose someone that could literally stand there the whole movie and.
Speaker 1: Not say anything. So who's from Atlanta and very vocal. And we're sitting there and when I seen Krim on the screen, she just starts talking to Ruth. She said, so, this bitch really thinks she with Joey in the movie because she's talking about he like everybody. Then we wait fifty five minute to get that and get it together. I know that.
Speaker 3: That car when you first when you first thought you did a good job, like yeah, but you better look that finess man because we all would have looked at him.
Speaker 1: That way too. I'm ignoring. We're gonna first that we're talking. By the way, for anybody watching her, search this clip so you could just see what we saw. Baby, I don't I hate a saw by now. Honestly, I thought I was pregnant when I watched it. I felt it growing inside of me. Me and miracles gonna be baby, bother to keel you wait, no shirt on it. And he building a house.
Speaker 3: He's building a hame Ma and giving our cards and jobs. I'm here for it. Shout out to the writers of Ruth, because.
Speaker 1: Baby, I'm gonna hold you.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want my nigga being displayed at such a wonderful man on TV.
Speaker 1: Make my nigga like Michael Eely in the in the movies so everyone hates him if my man looks that good.
Speaker 3: I needed you to be casted as a Michael eey and everything you played wait because I want women to be showing it.
Speaker 1: And he was looking stressed. What was it? He was like, what was the film he was in? It? Was it a short film? Distance Strangers? Was it Two Distinct Strangers? And he was running some It was like it was running It wasn't didn't you play in a movie?
Speaker 2: I think that's what you're talking about. Yes, it kept replaying. Yeah, yeah, the short film.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that thing. And you're like, we need to see him in a happy Food. I'm like, okay, nobody found like this dressed out hold on girl, now, no dressed to you see? Once she got in the club, she was out there. You need to see her in a dreams.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking about the club, you were put on the spot, so I'm putting you on the spot for Dare and we're making it a little sexy. Okay, So for Deer, I need you to improvise, because you're a singer, a fifteen second seem me R and B hook using three random words that we're gonna throw at you. I'm gonna start and I'm just gonna throw out roads because it could mean a nice rose or the rose you put on your clip. You give me one more word, and then I'm gonna give her another word.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you got to somehow right twine them intead this slow slow, and then the last one milk, like.
Speaker 1: I almost picked because.
Speaker 3: Slow milk, I mean god, okay, okay, And you could sing it or you could give it like a poem, either one, because we're gonna get you some poems later.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like I should have given you a little instrumental.
Speaker 1: I wasn't one of those kids in the room. This is given freestyle, free style. No no, no, wait, it's not terrible.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, cool so rose, milk and slow mm hmm and action mmm. Okay, give me a little beat, little little tempo.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: Actually I'm go on, go ahead, go ahead, just snap, there we go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna use my roads mm and he gonna do something sweet to me. Gonna get that milk kinne uh, milk kanne?
Speaker 1: What's that? Other words?
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 1: The last?
Speaker 2: So you got this, come out, we go this gad Okay, I'm gonna use my ROAs and you're gonna do something sweet to me, making it milk gays, some sweet fummy, uh, some sweet fummy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need my road.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be real good to me. I'm like, yeah, ol, gay.
Speaker 1: Slow, I forgot about class.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that was great, beautiful you did that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, were we gonna do.
Speaker 3: We're gonna we're gonna go slow with the rose.
Speaker 1: It's gonna gonna go roll. I think I said no.
Speaker 2: I didn't say slow, no, but you could have roast. I was feeling the slow and the tempo.
Speaker 1: Get in that giving great.
Speaker 3: Milky rose, milk saf milk and honey bee. I like it because I literally just said you could put Mike's honey on anything.
Speaker 2: That was actually are great words no, see because it was giving like jingle for the rose.
Speaker 1: Literally, you know this is not who really made the roads because aren't they all t move Like, who is the rose originator? No idea? You know, I think who it really is? The Womanizer?
Speaker 3: Oh I love the woman, give me a little suction. No, it's not back in the day. They're still big and they still.
Speaker 1: Came out like ten years ago. And it was the first like suction suction for the claturists.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then suddenly the Rose came out and I was like, ain't this just I'm here for the woman, give me a little Discount's.
Speaker 1: The twenty twenty five Womanizer? You know I love a rose? Girl? Are you No? I don't like the suction though.
Speaker 3: It's a little too small. Oh no, shout out to uh, shout out to girls gotta eat.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: I they have their sectory brand, and baby, I was mad. I was on the plane like, fuck, I ain't pack it. I got mad that I ain't pack it.
Speaker 2: You know what? The Rose is crazy. Let's just let's just be honest. But why I mean it's crazy. I feel like it's super overstimulating. Oh but in a way in the way let me let me cook. Okay, I've seen this headline that said that it might let me not talk about.
Speaker 1: The road, go ahead, what the destigmatize? Yeah that I said, and I'm talking about some Yeah it does. So the issue with the rose, much like any other person that's like masturbating too much, is the amount of friction that's being.
Speaker 3: Why we don't get desensitized from dick then, because there's not that much friction.
Speaker 1: So you have to think like you don't.
Speaker 3: Get desensitized inside, just on the outside because there's.
Speaker 1: Like seven thousand nerves on their dirves. Right, So when I seen that, I was and a dick can't go like that's way too strong. And another thing I was reading women are having to edge themselves to have an orgasm. I'm not even trying to be scientific. We gotta get rid of the roses. Now we're about to enter a world away. They don't want us to have partners.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for the robots, bitch, I'm on phone niggas now, I'm waiting for the aliens in the robots. I'm a whole little NBA squads of all the things that are optional tizes. Now, I did want to get into some relationship talk. We have a segment where we react to something we found online. Okay, I saw this online from one of my favorite favorite favorite content creators online, and I one hundred percent I'm gonna pause because I want to see if you guys agree or disagree, because y'all both got one nigga, I got a lot.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna see how this go.
Speaker 4: So here here's got Before you decide to spend the rest of your life with someone, make sure you've broken up at.
Speaker 1: Least one time. Agree. I think it's a good lesson.
Speaker 4: Yes, a breakup reveals true character, Like when you're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You're not showing who you really are, you're being your best version of you.
Speaker 4: Yes, with's a quote like if you don't like me and my worst and then deserve me at my best, Well, you don't know what the worst is, so you gotta kind of know what the worst.
Speaker 1: Is, especially if you're planning to get married. Yes till death do a spart.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when breaking up with this person, you can't go into it being like I'm gonna do the test.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, because that is what I would call it manipulative. You cannot present it as the test.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you get into a really big fight, Yes, there's a little window. You see the windows the window, and they go, maybe we should break up. Yeah. Usually you go, no, we shouldn't break up, let's fix it. Let each other. I think at that point you go all right, yeah, you go all right, just like a week, well hopefully yeah, because you might learn, like you know what, I'm better off?
Speaker 4: Or do they start posting you know Andrew's eight videos with the caption the wolf is back on the hunt.
Speaker 3: That's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Poop in your shoe? Who knows? That's a bad woman.
Speaker 4: That's a bad woman or man? Men can poop in air force once.
Speaker 1: Are you married? I am married? Did you break up? We have broken up? How many times? Like two? I'm married too, And how many times you break up? I think I broke up like ten times.
Speaker 4: And that's how you know, like you both have seen each other at your absolute worst.
Speaker 1: I can't quit you. What's the thing?
Speaker 4: How do you dodge a bullet if no one fires the gun?
Speaker 3: Wow, So you've been in a few year relationship, now you are now engaged in a new mother. Congratulations. But I want to ask both of you, and and I'll include myself because I've had a long term relationship. But I clearly don't count we not married and we broke up thirteen times that we're no longer together. But I want to ask both of you if you genuinely feel two questions here. Do you agree with the clip? Do you believe you don't know someone until you've broken up with them a couple of times?
Speaker 1: And also do you believe that in order.
Speaker 3: To see someone's true character it takes breaking up with them to see them in a different light.
Speaker 1: Sorry, your face was shocked by some of the things.
Speaker 3: So I'll start with you, like, do I spill my own team? So yeah, Like, how what are your thoughts on the clip?
Speaker 1: And do you agree with with anything else? Okay? So I do a agree with the sentiment? Okay, because because.
Speaker 2: I don't know about how long you're going to be broken up, but I feel like to get to a point where you feel like you want to break up.
Speaker 1: Both people are.
Speaker 2: Being very one hundred percent like real and open like because there's gonna be friction. Sometimes, there's gonna be disagreements, there's gonna be things that, like you said, traumas and things that come up that it's like.
Speaker 1: Look, I can't do it around here.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if it's like I'm out of here and you cannot get out of there. Then I feel like I feel what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I have never broken up with someone for like, let's break up, let's take a break and come back. I've never done that. I don't know about that, so that part, I'm not sure. Or even breaking up to get right back together the next week, I've never done that. But I've definitely been to a point where I'm like, I'm about to go crazy, like I can't do this anymore. And I feel like that does essentially I understand what they're saying, Like to get to that point, I feel like you're at it's enough to like everyone's showing their true colors. Yeah, so it's like, okay, if you proceed after that, then we're really in it.
Speaker 1: Were really in this now?
Speaker 3: What's the difference between seeing it all and deciding to say and then when it's over, it's like, damn, I should have left back when I left back then, like because we have a child here. In the book, Weezy wrote one about staying too long in a relationship right, So to me, if you don't broken up like Kareem says, he broke up with his wife ten times before getting together, Like if the marriage doesn't last, do you not look back and be like, damn, I should have really left at time number four right when it's breaking up with someone too much to where if you keep going back at this point, it just y'all shouldn't be together?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Right? But which is why I don't like the real aspect of like really breaking up and then getting back together, because I feel like things happen in the interim and people get mad at what what happened.
Speaker 3: That's actually what makes me hate this takes.
Speaker 2: Because because we want to what happened in that week, in that month, a week yeap, oh yeah, don't do that because you're gonna but broken up.
Speaker 3: I'm finna go see somebody. No no men want us when they say were breaking up?
Speaker 1: What's a cry for the whole week? And then get mad? When do you first?
Speaker 2: Off?
Speaker 3: You know, do you know all I have to do was re upload signal, Snapchat, opened the DM.
Speaker 1: That's why we're talking, girl. That's where I drugs from. Okay, well, it's also where it's hitting app. I like like if my mushroom man is gonna come to the house, it's all signal.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's Dick about to come to the house, it's on signal too.
Speaker 1: That gotta be a real famous Dick. I like famous Dick.
Speaker 3: But for me, it's it's interesting because I don't like that take either. Like, to me, the person who you're with should be the person of who you're with when y'all are together, Like, I don't think you should be breaking up with someone and then judging them by how they're existing.
Speaker 1: But that's their point. This isn't. Yeah, I don't think. I really hate this take, and I totally disagree. You totally disagree. Mainly I as I shall not have to be separated for true colors. There are so many things in life that will show you who someone is. Pain, struggle, someone losing a job, correct a depression. I would even go as far to say grieving when you're seeing someone at their worst, that is when you can tell who you're.
Speaker 3: With, not only not only the worst. What I want a reference because two out of three of y'all are in this room right now. So this man sitting over here behind me with myth he said that you don't know somebody, you don't know their character, you don't really know.
Speaker 1: Who they are for a year now. I did look in the in the Google though, I did see that you and Joey met.
Speaker 3: Through a mutual friend a twenty twenty one didn't really come public to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I love to put his little theory to the test. Yes, I'm talking about you, Wolf, Wolf. Do you still stand on to this day, at this very moment that it takes a year to date someone and then I'm coming to some riot. You're willing, You're willing, you know, so I bet you she was sick of look at her face, so he says it. So they're not even it's altogether. No, No, they're not together. They're probably doing all the together.
Speaker 3: Ship just but he said he ain't gonna he ain't gonna make it official for the person you take for you to be like, yeah, isn't from Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like he was like, yeah, it was like six months, six months, Okay, that was maybe like five to six months maybe okay, And then I want.
Speaker 3: To ask you, at what point did you feel like you knew him in terms of because back to the video, it says it takes a few times to break up before you know their character.
Speaker 2: How long do you think I love my honey? He I knew him the whole time period. Everything is up front, everything is what it is. So yeah, you know what, I didn't have to go with the whole Yeah there was that. Yeah, yeah, there was no pressure. I didn't put pressure on him either. Okay, we were just hanging out and I feel like things that I grew to know about him.
Speaker 1: It was just very open.
Speaker 3: Maybe see it's giving soraya saying ladies go with the flow. It could end with a ringing a baby, I mean five, getting in a relationship that's not flow right on time?
Speaker 1: Yo, ass I think timing. I think tim timing matters, but also like who is it right?
Speaker 2: Do y'all have chemistry? Like not forcing anything? Right? Like there are a lot of different factors. I feel like too, And if you feel I feel like, if you feel like you have to go a year, I feel like that person's a little closed off or maybe they're not ready.
Speaker 1: I actually think it kind of proves that you're not that sure about them, which is hurtful, right, so correct to me when it goes beyond that six month three and just like, oh so you want me to be out here. You're not sure about me for real, so that means I should be weighing out my options too, But god forbid, I do weigh out my options because then he's like, I gotcha, you're not so like that part is kind of tricky, and to me, the thing I don't like about the breakup part either, is that we don't do it with real intention. Everyone does it to like make the other one mad and hold you accountable for whatever happened in that time. Yeah, No, I don't like. That's what's really hard about this with the breakups. I also think ten times, to me, that shows you that you're just You're just saying when you're angry, you really don't have conflict resolution. Yeah, because how are you getting to that many breakups? Like, yeah, you know what I'm saying, to be married to someone you're breaking up, I mean it could be a narcissist, you know. Ten times. I mean, sorry, I'm sitting here, remember anything ten times.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I do want to tie this back to your new film, Yes, because I think there's a difference between timing and persistence and people being delusional at.
Speaker 1: Who they may be pursuing.
Speaker 3: And for me, it was like, Bo, give it up. At one point, I was like, bitch, she is broken. Why do you keep trying? And it's crazy because in times of I think women do it on the opposite end, right, I think we see men who are genuinely not ready either mentally, financially, whatever the case may be, for a relationship, and as women we still push to pursue something that could be. It was interesting seeing Bo be that character with Ruth. Do you believe in waiting it out for someone to be able to show up as a better person? Like, do you think has that worked but before your relationship?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Has that been something that's worked in the past. No, because I chose not to.
Speaker 2: I really do feel like, I mean, yeah, if I just chose not to wait because I'm like, okay, well, I feel like you're the man. If you want to be treated like the man and the leader and everything, then you need to know what you want and if it's not me.
Speaker 1: Then then let me go or I'm just gonna go. That's great. I think I'm a love bomber in the movie A bit. Well, well, how do you feel I'm not gonna hold you?
Speaker 3: I need a part too, because I don't know you'll be Michael Eae in a part two. It's given narcissists, it's given well, so possible love looking like he was from straw and he forty and ain't never been married, looking like that, with no key, with all the money of judge.
Speaker 1: You build a home.
Speaker 2: So the reason that he feels very perfect, you know, and it does emulate it's like a take on the biblical story ruzimbo As and.
Speaker 1: So what happened to that?
Speaker 2: So so this is it is a representation of that story, which is right. Yeah, so the mother, the mother that she follows, well, am I giving it away?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well out, Okay, it's out, Okay cool.
Speaker 2: The mother that she alert that she follows to Pegrum, Tennessee also represents like a different place, like it represents the story of Ruth on this journey and she does get found by Boaz, which is really in the Bible. Now I can't tell you exactly where either, but I just know that I know from my husband. Yeah, girl, I knew where you're going with that same.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: But but I can say that Ruth and Bawas is such a big story, especially in church, and it's something that you just hear a lot like that story being referred to find your boas or when Ruth was going through what she was.
Speaker 1: Going to going through.
Speaker 2: So in the Bible, you know, the man finds findeth a wife and not the other way around.
Speaker 1: So I do believe. I do have that core belief a little bit.
Speaker 2: I do have that core belief that the man has his things in order enough that if he is in that position, that he can he can the wife, that he can find the wife.
Speaker 3: By the way, if y'all are into religion and shit, the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament, also known as the Hebrew Bible, this story is only four chapters long.
Speaker 1: Let me find out.
Speaker 3: I could give me a Netflix a wait. Four chapters in the Bible is long? Okay, how long is chapters in the Bible?
Speaker 1: It's just a hard read.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's it's not long. But she's saying it's a hard read because it's four chapters.
Speaker 3: The language is situated between judges and one Samuel look at me teaching you all some shit.
Speaker 1: You know. I actually put that in my notes about how I kind of like that. There was like a little church moment. So I don't know, I'm pretty agnostic. I'm the girl that's got a lot of pistols in the house and stuff. But I just do like seeing young people in religion depicted because I kind of feel like I don't need to be religious to know we're in a world that's soulless, absolutely, And when I was seeing it in the movie and it was still sexy and fun and cute, I like seeing that, Like, I think we need a little bit more of it, and I appreciate that it kind of showed a man with certain values. A lot of times when my friends are having trouble dating, a constant theme that they see within men that they're dating is that they have no faith in really anything, Like you don't have to be the guy who goes to church every day to just know that there's something you value or something you're working towards. Even me, you know, I don't go to church and I don't really just subscribe to any religion. But I remember telling my boyfriend a few days ago, we got Jesus is gonna be in this house or something. We gotta come up with a name, something.
Speaker 3: The baby's gonna be scared of, people gonna watch you.
Speaker 1: We ain't around like, for real, I really do believe. When there's nothing to follow or guide you, or no belief, you're kind of lost. And so I think to see it a little bit central in the beginning to me, what seemed important to them made it kind of nice. I really we could look for that without it seeming like corny, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, that's her north Star. And I pick up Devon Franklin and Tyler Perry.
Speaker 1: And asked, who was it. I thought his name.
Speaker 2: I meant to bring him as because because he this is a faith based movie. But it's not done in a way where it's going to come off corny or kind of like not for the everyday you know, Netflix viewer.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. But it also does tie. It also commit.
Speaker 3: But waited, I mean I would now I know both of y'all got your partners, y'all probably had it. This was the easiest to except like Joey Bath don't even have to have sex with him on.
Speaker 1: Film Miracle, But I ain't even the old scene. Like, but bitch, I was waiting the whole time. I was, you know what, attractive can't be attracted to each other? But you know what, something but she wasn't hard to like do. The intimacy of like, I feel like I could have a makeout scene or have sex with someone on camera, rather than the intensity of like I gazing that, like that you feel like you could do that over that overt what what happens when you're really growing and showing love on camera feels more intimate to me. So you have to remember, right, we have a show called Decisions, Decisions formerly Horrible Decisions. Don't know's heard of that nasty show. I think sex can be frivolous and crazy and fun. I think intimacy is way deeper. It's the hardest thing about that movie.
Speaker 3: Look like stopping on him grapes that niggas about to fall about a couple myself.
Speaker 1: Watching let me, let me show you how to talk, let me see let me you were you were talking to her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, interesting because now I'm gonna see like what people feel about Ruth then.
Speaker 1: But oh, this is how I knew that. I was like, oh my god, yeah he was about to fall bus I said, oh she got her feet if I was about to go down, I was so ready. I'm watching predicting. Look, look, Shardyns it just feels she's not lying, and it's I'm shirt go oh maybe not. Oh yeah, that pissed me up. Bitch, I'm so pissed. I can't, I can't, I can't. Bitch. You didn't want to risk that poos getting hurt? Too hot, too hot, too hot, too hot, too hot? Interesting? How like we find that like the second we get lust for We're like, I'm done getting hurt. That rude She's like it was getting too lessel right, all that other building intimacy you did, spending time together, laying in the field and ship and now.
Speaker 3: But y'all watching, y'all watching, at this point, this bitch got a whole car and couldn't even keep kidding. Help route, I need to give us some lessons all how to do all the things.
Speaker 1: I'll just say. I'll just say.
Speaker 3: Now, earlier we made you do a nice, little sultry thing. We have another part of the show called poetry.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, nice.
Speaker 3: And now I did my research on two of your most favorite people, and so we have lyrics from an.
Speaker 1: R and B record and a rap record.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to let us know the artists as well as the song that these lyrics are from It'll be read a little bit differently, so it might be difficult for you might not be able to catch on to what it is because I'm gonna read it like poetry.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, say you ready again.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take this time to show you how much you mean to me, because you are all I need. No money can emphasize or describe the love that's in between the lines. Boy, look into these eyes. Well, I'm grinding on you. This is beyond sex.
Speaker 1: I'm high on you. What's next?
Speaker 4: Hi on you?
Speaker 2: This?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: I feel rocking, babe, rocking, rocking on your babe.
Speaker 1: Yes, your babe, Yes, so yes, y'all that is I'm like, wait, I know you actually know that? You didn't I didn't. You didn't You didn't get it, You ain't get beyond suck. I read it too fair. When you said I'm high on you, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, Hi, okay, if you know this really and you know how I feel? You know what's crazy about this one? I had to really get into the words because she has another one about her daddy, Right, what's the one?
Speaker 1: Is it dance for you? Is this not dance for you?
Speaker 3: But doesn't she have one about dancing word daddy too.
Speaker 1: Girl, that's Luther Vandre. Oh is that that she is? No? She want with him? No, that's not okay, We're not even to go there. I think I thought at one.
Speaker 3: Point this was to her daddy until I read the lyrics and then it wasn't because she was.
Speaker 1: Grinding and it's beyond sex.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, okay, so next one you ready, ready, I swear that you ain't got a flaw. It was love at the first time. You let me hit it raw. If I shine, then we both shine. But let you shine more, go above beyond for her. My look, my machete mea moore. But who you was with before? Because you look better next to me? Respectfully, any nigga trying to get to you, he gotta check with me. Girl, that's just the principle. Don't try to call that jealousy. I'm trying to start a legacy and you my pedigree.
Speaker 1: Can you see you better get your baby daddy. Come on, No, I know I'm you finish it. I'm not saying it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't just about you, because it's given that. So it's I'm falling for you, falling for you for you.
Speaker 1: Hello, my gosh myself. You have on YouTube that's like I could have got it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I had to make it. You know, I don't know how I read it, but you know I got test the one for both. This is a song we all know, and I'm gonna do my best. Oh lord, let's see who gets it first. Edie, you well, we all gonna try this. I like them round and big, and when I'm throwing a gig, I just can't help myself. I'm acting like an animal. Now here's my scandal. I want to get your home and double up. Ah ah boy. I don't know, because silicon parts aren't made for toys.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I want them real, thick and juicy. So far I know what this is. So find that juicy devil baby got bad?
Speaker 2: Know because the track is playing in my head and I'm like you, I'm your home. And when she said that part specifically, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? We've been doing this segment weekly and I'm thinking aboutself, just some real dirty lyrics And the song was on in the cab while I was doing it. I'm not gonna hold you only because I wasn't gonna do it to you like that.
Speaker 3: Because you know, you a celebrity, and all the lyrics that I want to say are from somebody who's in jail that's supposed to be canceled.
Speaker 1: But he got some good with girl. But I wasn't gonna do it. I'm just say it. I'm just saying, all right, fragment, Okay.
Speaker 3: The next segment is we're talking about adun't shit us with our partners, our relationships. And I wanted to start off because one of the biggest red pilled goddamn conversations on the internet are how men don't support or want to be with, or aren't attracted to successful women. You are in the same field as your partner. You are driven as an R and B artist, as an actress, you have these new projects dropping. What does it look like for your partner to show up and support these efforts? And have you ever had a partner that you felt was intimidated and how did you pick up on those signs that this wasn't healthy?
Speaker 1: And we talk about this a lot because we.
Speaker 3: Both run multiple businesses too, but for you, specifically in this entertainment space, I'm wondering how he's able to show up for you and how you're able to pick out when a partner doesn't support that you gotta go on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's pretty like he I mean, showing up for me.
Speaker 1: Let me just answer first.
Speaker 2: Showing up for me just looks like acknowledging what I'm doing, or even remembering the details of what I have coming up, or celebrating me there's a big milestone or something like that, or even just asking me, you know, how how did you feel about that scene? Like just being involved, right, but not showing up. I have also dealt with in the past. Okay, that's a very shady specific one because you know, and I say I say this to say that person is definitely not confident, Okay, like they just can't be.
Speaker 1: That man is not ready for.
Speaker 2: The spotlight to not be on him or not to be all about him. I think that a person who is supportive of you is just going to be like, baby, I'm so proud of you, Like, oh my god, how do we what do we do? How do we celebrate? And I feel like that, yeah, I feel like that's something that's just comes natural, like fort well, so.
Speaker 3: Do you do you then think that then for the narrative that's out about men not wanting successful women or you know, well well to do women, or women with money, that it's more of an insecure thing.
Speaker 1: With the man, I feel like you could go back both ways.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like there could be an insecure man that just genuinely has some type of little issue with it. But I do know that also a lot of successful educated women can be they can probably not just sit in their their feminine, you know, as much, because they're so used to operating in their masculine. And I feel like that's sometimes probably more than likely what kind of butts heads with men, to be honest, but being a woman who I have a crazy schedule, you know, my life doesn't look I guess, you know, like the average I would say women just because I'm just like, you know, flying here. And I've actually had that before where a guy was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, no, what do you mean we can't say?
Speaker 2: And I've always said that, Yeah, he was just completely honest, like, no, I need my woman at home at five o'clock, like you're not about to be you know, I'm not gonna be with nobody's take of flights and I don't know where you at and all this, which.
Speaker 1: Is what irappers, athletes and successful men desire.
Speaker 2: Which I understand, and that's cool, that's what you want. But for me, that's right right, I'm not going to slow down. And so that's a really important factor for me is that a partner is going to support and understand that for the same way I do for him.
Speaker 1: For a woman who really.
Speaker 3: Likes a man that they're dating, if they show up like this, is there a way to work through that? Or would you say for them to leave?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: But I also do understand. But I also do understand being the feminine and being in my power. I'm going to say that because I don't want anyone to think I'm saying what I'm not saying. I'm saying being in your power, as in, we both have feminine and masculine ya and and women right, and I think that we can operate in both of those spaces very well. But I know that when I go home, I'm like, hey, babe, I'm gonna I'm gonna ussure that that energy in the home. And I think that that's really important. I don't think that I think that I have my I have my raw wrong, I'm gonna get it done. We gotta get this done what we're doing, you know, But I've learned so much.
Speaker 1: I've learned so much the opposite way, Like, for example, successful women may say, oh, he has to do this for me, and this for me, and this for me. It's almost a little overbearing, Like what do you mean, because what you're saying is the same thing I was thinking. But I think that they're actually off. They think they're operating in the feminine. He said there can be women in their masculine, right. Absolutely. I believe a lot of successful women today think that being in their feminine means that they can't be with the man that makes less, be with the man that's not on their level, quote unquote. There's a lot of measuring up that a lot of women have expectations for. And to me, I think the problem is that when we make a certain amount of money, we think we can't be teammates anymore. Yeah, which is which is very unfair because the Internet, the Instagram, this isn't all real, right. All of the ideas that a man should be paying every single thing for you, I think is actually kind of insane unless someone is making a huge amount more. I don't know why there should be that much of an imbalance. But I think successful women feel like, hey, we've reached a pinnacle of this, why settle? As if settling is being sharing a bill or sharing a mortgage, And is that really Maybe? I'm just like, I'm not knowing what's going on.
Speaker 2: So you're saying a successful woman who makes her own money doesn't want to share, doesn't want to pay for anything.
Speaker 1: I believe that a lot of success women don't. I believe they want a man that's making just as much as them or more. I believe they do, yeah or more. And I think that's what makes it difficult to date. I don't think it's lowering standards to necessarily be a teammate, but I find that they believe that's operating in that feminine you know what I mean, Like, oh, I shouldn't be doing xyz. I think it's absolutely normal in twenty twenty five and in this economy for like us to be going half on house. Yeah, see this in the background, because I don't know about all that.
Speaker 2: For me, That's why I'd be like, because for me, just this is just how I think, right, This is just me. But Sorea, I one hundred percent agree with to help me. I one hundred percent agree that if I am making the money, everyone in their household can come together with their own custom ship. We don't got to follow these yellow roads that these people are saying on different podcasts. Yeah, it's like, okay, you know, I feel like you're with that person every day. You're in the house with them.
Speaker 1: Create What the fuck y'all want to do? Can I ask you for huh? I want to know beyond bills? Yeah? How is it sharing baby things together? How? Like you had to do a podcast interview today? Is he with the baby? Like? How did you say this thing together?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He actually is, he is. He's with the baby right now. The babies. Yeah, so I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, he has a daughter which is my my bonus daughter and our son.
Speaker 1: So yes, the both of them. How did you guys decide why you would like figure out parenting together with crazy schedules? Like, how does that convo look when you're together? Because we mostly hear about it from co parenting people separate.
Speaker 2: Okay, it looks very much like, you know, baby sleeve down for the night.
Speaker 1: What do you have for this week?
Speaker 2: What are you doing tomorrow? What's on the agenda, like how do we make this work? Because once again he supports what I'm doing and I support what he's doing.
Speaker 1: This is who I was when you met me, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like so it's like right, So it's like and and that's just what the dynamic that we share and that we feel like it's very like necessary. He's it doesn't get it's very much help me. Like you said, it's a teammate. I think it's teamwork. For me specifically, I grew up and adopting and acknowledging that the woman doesn't not have anything. I think the woman's money is saved or invested or you know, for hardship or whatever. That's me specifically. That's how I feel. Maybe he does front most of the things, right, And that's not to say that the woman doesn't either, you know, if you're not stay at home mom, or if you're not if you are a person like we're saying, who feels like she's making so much money, has a life of her own, I think that you should want to team up, right, I don't know, that's just how I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't really like the nigga, You're just looking for daddy. Yeah, like put a roof over your head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just really trying to understand, like what the logic is what we've been trying when we're Oh, the man takes care of this x y Z. So I mean, see, I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 3: I think though, that there's a privilege in being taught that. Like we grew up differently. Like you grew up where your mom was a housewife. I grew up where it was a single parent household and yeah, my mom was and men they do shit around across kind of my whole family, and so like like for me, I wasn't raised that a man should do everything, which is why I blame Neo fucking Boosy and Destine's child with the goddamn anthems of us being independent because during the independent women era and a lot of us being raised in single parent households, I think it's like this narrative that is being put out from the internet, but a lot of us weren't raised by or at least I won't say a lot because I don't want to generalize, but for many of us who were raising single parent households, the narrative around men are supposed to take care of everything. Wasn't the narrative being pushed to me at all when I was growing up. No, that wasn't the thing, Like, Okay, my daddy paid his little phone hundred dollars for child.
Speaker 1: Support for two kids. One that wasn't here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so for I think anyone right now navigating their thirties and maybe into their forties, if they were raising those single parent households, the way in which we're navigating dating is why we have all these red pill thing pieces. Is because we're all trying to maybe live a fantasy life that we would like based on the Disney chairs, the soft light, the soft life.
Speaker 1: You don't see and it just kind of so why you can't have a soft life and like, oh girl, that's not part of the aesthetically Oh yeah, soult life is supposed to be like they Also, I feel like I'm like I've been under a rock. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 1: You're not missing anything? What's wrong with? On Tuesdays at home? The soft light hashtag? I love it and hate it, okay, because I thought it was like you have like an accent. It's not like in La. What's the word it starts with to like the la flayer. It's something that like it's a word the way that La that sounded valley like valley not valuable because you're from You're from La. Right, vocal fr vocal fry I've never heard of. So basically, it's like it's where you accentuate the end of a word bring. We're not gonna do that your vocal or with a time stamp. And I look at like Nara, is that like is that like would that be the you know what's crazy?
Speaker 3: The only working the only person about timeline.
Speaker 2: That stic feels soft like I don't I don't know the guy's name, but god, he he wears like a correct he wears like a T shirt, thats.
Speaker 1: Kind of a do rag.
Speaker 3: And he talks about how like these men be talking while like dating, and she'd be like, no, not gonna do that, one hundred percent, not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: That's what we're not gonna do it. He's hilarious. I'm gonna post someone that goddamn page. But I love him anyways.
Speaker 3: Soria For anyone who has not at this point, don't know why you will in is Soraya and Tyler Lepley, Bitch and fel Shot and Jermaine de Free and baby Face, for anyone who wear for anyone who has seen it yet, what way do you hope their takeaway to be and why should they watch the film?
Speaker 1: Ruth and Boaz on Netflix now.
Speaker 2: I would hope that their takeaway is community leaning into your community. She did that a lot in the film, and she wasn't afraid to like step out on faith and do something that she had no idea what she was doing.
Speaker 1: You got to put full contracts. And I would say another thing is that you know.
Speaker 2: Real there's real love, right.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: All of these topics that we just all these hashtags we need to talk.
Speaker 1: About it's exhausting, Like we're making it harder.
Speaker 2: Like it's already hard, you know, because you got two people who come with a whole life before they met each other, So it's like to add all this extra layers and extra things. I feel like that's what Ruth and bow As really they really communicate throughout the film. It's just being open, vulnerable and raw and it just it is what.
Speaker 1: It is, and it's gonna urge a lot of us to visit. And that's a man as was washing those feet. I thought, I got to share with you all my favorite scene. What was your favorite scene? You actually weren't in it. It was very much in the beginning. Okay, AELII was Trod and her late husband are in the bed bed and it's a very sexy scene between older people and he's like you feel that. She's like, I did love that. I was like, I don't know the last time I've seen people in their sixties whatever age you're at, just having this like sexy moment. We just don't get to see it. And I'm sitting here wait for you to do it. Today. We was waiting. You had a great feet is all we got. No, No said first of all my heart. I was like, oh god, you didn't like that your feet was a little to ring. You was ready? Yeah, I gonna be ready to painting. Had to be ready.
Speaker 3: I said, this bitch just got a job, but she had a fresh padic here.
Speaker 1: I know where her money going.
Speaker 2: No, not for real, I'm like, listen, well, Root's gonna have had a petticant.
Speaker 1: We actually talked about that.
Speaker 2: It was a call because it was like, we don't want her nails, like, she's not supposed to have money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. And I was like, I was like, waving the white flag. Can I believe I'm.
Speaker 3: Thinking grapes. I wanted to see some coarse feat. I wanted to see callouses. I wanted to see corn.
Speaker 1: No, no, it didn't give corn. And I'm like, she you know, she's Basoline and you guys were I was you was with the maps. Well listen, I was like, did you find out while you were filming? Found out? Oh wow, how stressful girl, Let's talk about that. Let's talk about that before you leave. So stressful, so sick? Oh damn that really that hurts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So wait, you were filming and what trimesters? They had to be the first because I found out. Yeah, nothing weeks. I was like, wait, what scene did you film right before you found out? Like what did we see? Now? I gotta go back and see if you look like you threw up? Oh? Probably? I mean so many times about the movie you.
Speaker 3: Were away when you had to tell him that you were pregnant, Like you didn't get to tell to his face unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we shot in Atlanta, so it was very much FaceTime.
Speaker 1: Oh everything. Yeah, but you went to yes.
Speaker 2: We shot for like yes, I well no, I ordered it to the no face, okase and then yeah, I was like we were on FaceTime and I was like all right, I'm gonna do another one. All right, I'm gonna do another one.
Speaker 1: And it was like girl. It was like girl.
Speaker 2: And then literally I feel like after I found out, like the next week, because we were doing pre production for like three weeks and then we shot for like three or four weeks weeks maybe, so yeah, by the time we had like the first day, I was like miserable.
Speaker 1: Did you share with your friends and colleagues on set? And I did not. I mean, I think that's the thing until like the last week, where I was like Okay, I like like you want to wait anyways? I want to wait anyways.
Speaker 2: But I ended up just telling my director Alana. Alana she female director, so I was like she had her family there, her daughter, beautiful daughter, and her husband, and I was like, Okay, I have to tell her because it got to a point where I was like I don't want them to be like what's good, you know, like what's up?
Speaker 1: And also it was like but also they had you out on bils. Girl. The heat, the heat, are you pregnant feet? Everything? Not yet yet. I'll show you the pictures. Swellen feet. That was at the end.
Speaker 2: But but I can say that it was it was very much challenging. But I can't say that my little blessing from above gave me a certain ability to just be open and in the moment. And so every scene is just very candidate and just very real because I had no time to overthink oh wow, because I was just like, this.
Speaker 1: Is not the most important thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Well not even that, but just like I'm just so sick, Like I don't know, it's just like everything makes you sick, right, And they're bringing food, there's food around, there's there's people walking by with perfume.
Speaker 1: And every time I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I'm just like, oh, I'll be right back. Got around to my trailer, you know, and I'm just like, Okay, how do I survive today? What what am I going to take today to like help me.
Speaker 1: Get you think it sounds yes, baby, yeah right, And I'm like it's just sitting in my trailer, it's just dark.
Speaker 2: Pa knocks on my trailer, Soria, We'll have you for five minutes, like Okay, I love it, but I mean I'm sure people suspected, especially the women.
Speaker 1: They're like, bit I went all last night. You know it's Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Well Soria, thank you so so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: For anyone listening. If you haven't yet, check out Ruth and Boaz on Netflix. It is out now and you know, just know you're not gonna get a sex scene, but was throwing up in them. See come on, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: And do you have anything else that you have going on that you would like to support that you have coming out?
Speaker 2: Yes, ladies, Actually I have a new song out Helloakes yes. Oh, but also that's right from the movie stundtrack. But I also have my single okay, it's called put that Ship on.
Speaker 1: Oh E d s O.
Speaker 2: Okay to go download that. I want you to make your videos, but you getting cute when you're putting that shit on.
Speaker 1: Yes, make a TikTok grop.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: Don't make the dance too complicated. We're in our thirties. And does the artist make the dance? Sometimes they do, their team sometimes does to get it going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. Chris thought we could all dance, but it took a month and a half to learn that. Goddamn. I'm still like, look, look, man, I will I volunteered with kids two days ago, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely know it's a three step. So CDSO PDSO is out. My project is coming out as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, project coming out.
Speaker 3: Ruth and Boaz wherever Empire, I guess still plays, but we don't know what's happening over there. Okay, there we go and all the things. Surrey, thank you so very much for joining us. Y'all see it right here on the table. If you're watching over on YouTube, make sure you support black women authors New York Times bestsellers. Get our books, No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power, available now wherever you get books in. If you want more bonus content, more episodes, more everything, head on over to our patreon. That's patreon dot com backslash Horrible Decisions, because Horrible Decisions is still here, baby is just on Patreon.
Speaker 1: That's what they really wanted you, you know what I mean, so we can get you. Yeah, we wasn't gonna get you to talk about if you eat ass or not. But anyways, guys, they look she said, why don't you want to answer before you leave? Yeah? No, no, she said, all right.
Speaker 3: Guys, well, thank y'all so much for tuning in to another episode of Decisions, Decisions,