Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where it doesn't take much for us to get back on the Travis Hunter hype train. I'm Greg Rosenthal. I never jumped off. Yeah, I'm there for life. Here for life.
Speaker 2: Chris Westling's podcast studio.
Speaker 1: It includes Patrick Claybon. On this fine Monday, I'm Drean Camp. What's happening?
Speaker 2: Not much? Just like you, Greg, I never left. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think people are amazed at this idea that this twenty two year old would turn twenty three and he would add body mouse.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is all a part of the plan.
Speaker 3: This is how things progress and grow, and I'm excited to see first team All Pro cornerback Travis Hunter.
Speaker 1: Let's go with like six hundred yards and five touchdowns, but about eleven jaw dropping plays at wide receiver. How about that as a season?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's icing. I don't even know if that's icing. It's decoration.
Speaker 1: Oh I think. But the cake is thero cornerback. Okay, that's fair, let's just get into it. We taped the show Sunday evening. Thank you to everyone who checked that out. That show went through the NFC teams and what's happened at their training camp practices so far, so some notes, some takeaways on all the NFC teams. We're doing the work, we're digging through all the reporting, we're watching the press conferences to get you up to date. Today is the AFC and yes, we were live on Sunday night, and you can join us live on Thursday night to do some camp recaps and Hall of Fame game recap after that ends around eight pm Eastern. Let's start with those Jaguars. Why not Travis Hunter through the first four to five days of training camp and as we're taping Monday, for most teams in the NFL, it is the first day that pads have come on, so that's a big day. Although writers everyone gets excited the real football starts, including in Jacksonville, but over the weekend and the pads weren't on yet. But he had what John Shipley, our friend at SI dot com who gets me up to date on Jaguar just read his stuff and I feel like I'm there, said it was Travis Hunter's best day as a pro on the field. Not only two long catches on offense and one that they had on video that highlight grab where he just leaps up, but also a really exciting interception of Trevor Lawrence where we're not a great idea by Lawrence into coverage a lot of defenders there, but a beautiful play where Travis Hunter steps in front of the ball. And so so far through you know, four or five days of camp, he's playing more defense than offense. But I would say a significant amount of offense each day. I even, you know, people are keeping track of the snaps, it's probably about sixty five seventy percent defense thirty thirty five percent offense. And so really cool to see those highlights. If you're watching us on YouTube, appreciate that. Subscribe, Like, let's listen to Travis Hunter talk to our friend Judy Batista as part of Back Together Weekend, talking about that weight you mentioned earlier in your mind, how many snaps a game?
Speaker 3: Do you want to be playing all the odd so you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go nuts when you're out of the game and just watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't just watch the game, that is Judy, And yeah, he just wants to play as much as humanly possible. And yeah, earlier in the interview he mentioned the ten pounds of weight, and yet he seems to be moving even faster, Like you can even see it watching him last year. I mean, he he's a young kid, you know, and he's growing into his body, and I'm all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very, very difficult to put on mass as your Travis Hunter doing what he did in college. Like it's exceedingly difficult to to take the time to eat enough, uh, and then to do all of the things that he was doing.
Speaker 1: Plus like one hundred and twenty steps a game. You got to lose some weight down that.
Speaker 3: Well, and so like to get to this process that to have the injury not getting a made Travis Hunter better in no capacity. I will never ever say that, but you could see the dedication that he takes in.
Speaker 2: Devotion to training.
Speaker 3: And I'm again, I don't know how much more emphatic I could be about like my hopes for Travis Hunter. I just hope that, you know, he's able to stay out there on the field and you know, sometimes going up for those fifty to fifty balls makes me a little worried about.
Speaker 1: And he caught about three of them on different sides of the ball on Saturday, so that's really cool. I like also that because of the roster construction, they needed more on defense. I think he's cornerback one for that team in the end and at wide receiver. Parker Washington, you know, according to Shipley has probably been wide receiver one just in terms of volume, and Jacoby Myers has had a few drops and like off just slow start. I'm not worried about Jacoby Myers. Brian Thomas is doing Brian Thomas things. Hunter is going to be sprinkled in a little more. What do you think of Parker Washington and this offense being back like with so much depth. You got Breton Strain, Now you've got a second round tight end. You have layers to this offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very exciting.
Speaker 3: You want to see how you know, in terms of basal Tuton he's going to fill in for each hand, but with Parker Washington number one thing, and you know, shout out to Parker Washington. He joined us on the inside. He's a great guest. Asked him potentially because he's going to be unrestricted for your agent next year. I'd be interested if to see if Gladstone is willing and the Jags and Liam Coleman are willing to just put something out there to go ahead and have Parker Washington here long term because it does for you up to have Travis Hunter play cornerback and not have all these reps a wide receiver, and it seems like the money might be there and it may not because it's going to be crazy at the end of the year. Parker was right season that he has it's going to be nuts. He's going to be you know, chief or something. Who knows.
Speaker 1: He was drafted in the sixth round and teams are always trying to get discounts those late round picks, Like he's not going to sign one of those Jalen Koker tape contracts. At this point, he's gonna get paid. You mentioned, you know, the rest of the offense, Basil Tuton. He was declared like a big winner of the first week camp, partly just because Chris Rodriguez hasn't been out there as much. He's the other competition at running back, but he was back in team drills. As we head into a new week, they appear to maybe have a new starter at guard. They paid Patrick McCary a lot of money last year, but there's a young man, Wyatt Millam is taking the first team reps. Well, mccary's getting over an injury and he just might stay there. Two rookies that were taking late in the draft, Josh Cameron and CJ. Williams, are reportedly playing really well and look like they're gonna make the roster. That's sort of what I was getting. What is really deep does make you wonder a little bit about if you were going to trade Brian Thomas junior at some point like next year. That sort of depth would make that easier to make happen. And then their left tackle Cole Van Landon just wanted to mention he was on the pup list. If you listen to Sunday Show, you might have remembered Ben Johnson getting a little spicy about how the Bears were regression candidates. Didn't exactly say to Liam Cohen, keep my name out your mouth when he started talking about Caleb Williams all over NFL dot com. But here is that clip from Leam Cohen talking about NFL dot com dot com and the great work that our friends are doing over there.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: You know what I said to the staff the other day was I go, guys, is the best part of coaching the Jacksonville Jaguars. You don't have to make up telling your players stuff. You don't have to make up the fire. You don't have to make it up. It's given to us every day, and it's like a well, it's a gift from the heavens, from you know.
Speaker 2: You just scroll.
Speaker 5: I just go pull off my phone, look at the NFL Network website and just pop up here and surious. If I see any photos or anything about the Jacksonville Jaguars, I think I'll just scroll right on through. I think I'll see forty pictures of Caleb Williams and I won't see single thing about any of our players on here.
Speaker 1: It's so it's beautiful because like jack guys.
Speaker 2: This is great. Thanks keeps on giving.
Speaker 4: You gonna tell all these guys how much you all think they suck.
Speaker 1: WHOA courtesy of ten ten XL, great radio station that employs my old friend Mike Dempsey. Wow, thoughts you were animated watching that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's fun because I love it that it's kind of not kind of directly I run because the Jacksonville Jaguars are fun and interesting team to talk about that I feel like that we do all the time. And I guess that's that's not everybody. And you know, Liam Cohen is very busy. He has a football team to coach, so he may not be as a tune. But there's the first, second, third, twenty ninth, twenty eighth. I mean, I'm on NFL dot com, which the search feature, yeah, can be very limited, but I'm I'm back. I'm all the way through June twenty third. Okay, I don't see a day where there wasn't some form of Jackson.
Speaker 1: I don't see a lot of Jags though. And to his point, there are a couple of Bears articles in the stack right now, you know, talking about Luther Burden and whatnot. We do have a team preview with Jaguars, you're right. Lower down, we have browns covered. We have some charge.
Speaker 3: I just like that, like Harvest to perceive slight. They are able to on any stretch. And Liam Cohen is very gifted at that.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing. I don't think he's pretending.
Speaker 1: He genuinely seems annoyed all the time about the lack like he I don't know, it's funny. I just like this this long running bit that he has that no one pays anything Jaguars. He's not totally wrong for such a promising young team who won that many games last year. They're relatively under the raidar, But who cares about who's under the raider?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think the people in the community who see their their team shipped off all the time they lose a home game, they feel a little bit slighter. They live in the largest land mass city in the United States of America and routinely get disregarded for areas that don't necessarily have the size or maybe even the cultural impact that Jacklville can have, which I think gets slept on for him to capture that feeling that a lot of people in that community have who are kind of you, especially by the Jacksonville Sheriff's office, kind of downtrodden upon.
Speaker 2: They can feel that way.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily know that the jackson and there you know that we have disregarded.
Speaker 1: Them, not here on NFL Daily certainly. In fact, we just spent ten minutes talking about the Jaguars and we're hitting fifteen. We're hitting all sixteen teams. I can promise you Jaguars fans, you got talked about more. And Liam, I hope you see this. We had you on NFL Daily. He was a great guest. No, you will be talked about more on this particular episode, which includes every AFC team more than any other team. We're not going that long in any NFEA. So there you go. Let's stay in the AFC South. The Texans. The Texans signed Genevian Clowney. I mentioned it briefly Sunday night, but we you know, we were talking NFC five point five million. It's up to eight million. Weirdly assigning. I think they kind of needed. There was a huge drop. I know that sounds crazy when they have the best edge rusher duo in the entire NFL and Willie Anderson and Daniel Hunter, but the fall off was crazy. They didn't they didn't have much depth there and now you got Clowney coming off like an eight and a half tax season. Returning to where it all started, Patrick, the location of the first Texans playoff victory in franchise history that I was at in which no question about it. The MVP of that game by far was Jadevian Clowney, which is why one of many reasons why. And he also was like a second team All Pro one year. Like people kind of sleeped that he was very good for the Texans. It was a good number one overall draftick. Very cool to see him back with that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to the extent where I wondered if there was any overlap between him and Dimico when Dimiko was playing, but there was a three year gap because he had left the Texans in twenty eleven and Clowney was drafted in twenty fourteen. But obviously, you know, was a tuned to the franchise during his time in Philly and then his post playing coaching career, where one of the superpowers of Jadevion Clowney was being able to kick inside and not necessarily have any amount of like significant falloff when being behaving as an interior rusher. And so the prospect of not just having him come in in relief of Hunter or Anderson, but to have all three of them on the field. And again this isn't twenty sixteen Jadeveon Clowney, but for four or five reps late in the game when you're trying to throw the ball.
Speaker 1: Yikes, I mean, he's a third best pass rusher. Was still very productive the last few years. Never left Houston, by the way, kept his home there throughout, like a lot of players, players left Houston. They love living in Houston.
Speaker 3: And you've remarked several times about how you like this, like late Stage revs.
Speaker 2: Yes is Late Career by Jadevion Clowney.
Speaker 1: Where people say, oh, well, first of all, he had a couple, he had like a microfractor surgery, had all sorts of you know, physical problems. People said, you know, oh, he love the game or whatever. I mean, he's still loving that game thirteen years in. What a team might have to pick them to make the Super Bowl. They have a first round guard in Kayln Rutledge. Is that the first day of training camp there was like a highlight of him like blocking twenty yards downfield. Seth Payne, who I listened to some of his YouTube content, has noted the run game probably has stood out more than anything that the run game looks a little more cohesive. They're a little deeper on the offensive line, maybe understanding what to do. David Montgomery reportedly looking pretty good in pass pro and in the receiving game. And it's him and Woody Marks one A, one B. You have Jayden Higgins getting a lot of buzz potentially making a leap. Tank Dell is out there ramping up, not doing everything all the time, and we'll see if he's in there with pads but doing teamwork like he's not that limited. Jalen Noel, their second year receiver, has been out for a few weeks. And then you throw in a this rookie Marlin Klein, who the coaches are talking up just in terms of guy that he moves different than the rest of our tight ends. Little shot there at Dalton Schultz, but yeah, add it all up and it's it's potential for a more dynamic Texans offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think back because it was a two stage surgery for Tank Dell because he had the LCL, the meniscus, the MCL. He had that surgery and then did rehab on that, then he finished it off with the ACL surgery. So that's why you go twenty twenty four to now where you know, hopefully get him back out there and healthy and give C. J. Stroud another player that he feels comfortable with, the like Dalton Schultz is a part of that. I don't know why Dalton Schultz is catching sneak dishes, sneak.
Speaker 1: Not at all. He was a great guest too. I really liked it. I felt really bad. I've never talked to a player that had taken a playoff loss harder that where the loss was like two or three weeks old. And it's a real thing. And I think, I know you're not necessarily always fully buying in on chipwatch, but how about a team wide chip here. You know this is a team that's knocking on the door.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that they are a team that's uniquely aware of where things went wrong and it gives them that capacity to directly address those things because they have the talent. Right, there's a whole lot of people that could be very well aware, right how things went wrong when they don't necessarily have the ability to overcome that the Texans do.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's going to take this. You know.
Speaker 3: The way that we talk about the Bengals defense is kind of how I feel about the Texans offense, where it's like, man, they just need to be somewhat all right. I think this group can be better than someone al right.
Speaker 1: Because they have a better than average quarterback. In my mind, and again, our guy Seth Pain, we're two members of the Seth Heads, said CJ just looking more comfortable in this second year in the system. Thought his accuracy, which his calling card just weirdly wasn't there last training camp and for a lot of last year was just like a little up and down in that it's been better. Good news too, is Derek Stingley is fine after a collision that didn't look great, which made me so happy because nothing worse than that happening in practice, but especially made me happy because the guy who ran into him and didn't look great was the same guy Dared Wayne who ran into Tank Dell in that game that injured him.
Speaker 2: So glad to hear everyone is healthy.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Titans. I'm into omens. We've got some other first play analysis in this program. The first two plays of Titans training camp fall start terrible, terrible, Omen what four and thirteen? You can't have fall starts here? Your first two plays of camp?
Speaker 2: I just that's it. Give me two separate players. You've you know, every grouping gets a certain part of me.
Speaker 1: I get it. But that's why it's an omen. It's it's not necessarily logical. But that sounds that sounds bad to me. You know what sounds better is Will love US's confidence, who was at the podium saying there aren't thirty two better quarterbacks than me. Just a reminder, Will love Is still on this roster. He's going to be battling with Mitchell Trubisky for the backup job at Trubisky's been injured. The practice reports from Paul Koharski, for instance, and indicate he doesn't think Will Levis has looked any better than he did in the past, still making the same mistake. So Levis confident, but has had a kind of star cross career. If people don't remember the second round pick who started a lot of games that second year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean save throwing the ball off his helmet backwards six times in practice. I think it's going to be difficult to see a whether it's growth or regression for Will will Levis in a situation like that, clearly a player.
Speaker 2: That has the talent to be out there on the field.
Speaker 3: But I would be interested, you know, if we want to play the five quarterbacks that you know are worse than Will Levis, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not in the top thirty two. I did a top thirty two, and for that list, I had about a top forty and who players I would comfortably put ahead of Levis, And yeah, he was not on that list. I didn't realize our crack producer, Eric Roberts just killing it. He's doing the video, he's doing the sound, actually has this Lewis sound. I didn't even realize that. So let's let's just listen to it. Why not.
Speaker 7: I don't need to go out there and win X amount of games before I can feel the confidence, like I have the confidence right now if I know I've put the tape out there already that I'm a you know, dang good quarterback in this league and I'm even better than I ever have been.
Speaker 8: So still the faith that you have a future as a start.
Speaker 7: I know I'm you know, I think I'm there. There are not thirty two quarterbacks in this leap better than me.
Speaker 2: I know that for sure. Shout out to context.
Speaker 3: I feel completely different about the quote because Eric has provided us with the context where he's being hounded by the folks there in Nashville who are great at their jobs, where it's like, hey, hey, do you hate yourself?
Speaker 2: How hard is it to sleep knowing that you are asked.
Speaker 3: Right and it's like you you eventually have to defend yourself with some people. Yeah, I think I'm good at this. If I didn't think I'm good at this, I wouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 1: It is good at it on a relative scale, just maybe not to start right now. But yeah, that became big headlines. A lot of Taj Spears reportedly at practice and this Green game. He's finally healthy for once. He's a guy that he's going to just kind of have to prove he can stay healthy to combine with Tony Pollard in that backfield, Calvin Ridley, who everyone's forgotten about, still out there with the first team, Carnel Tait reportedly doing his thing. Elec Iomannor sounds like he's had a good second camp. So it's probably him or Calvin Ridley as the number re receiver on that team, but a much better group when you have Wandel Robinson in the mix. I think Jamiri dk who people might remember was a return guy more. It seems like maybe he's getting a little left behind at receiver and is going to be more just like a gadget guy. Let's go to the Colts. Daniel Jones doing everything. Had a practice on Saturday where he was fourteen for seventeen. This isn't something where like Riley Leonard's getting in the mix here or Anthony Richardson, Like, no, everything is it's all Daniel Jones all the time. Full Go has reportedly looked like Daniel Jones, no sign of of what happened. Obviously you want to see him in game time, but yeah, the battle is Leonard versus Richardson, and reportly, Leonard hasn't looked like amazing so far, so I think I think Anthony Richardson could actually be on this roster as their backup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to see growth on both of their parts. And it's not necessarily going to be a linear thing. Guys can can come up and step back. But just glad to see that the DOMS is able to be out there and hopefully when people start hitting, he's able to stay out there.
Speaker 1: I think one of the most important things that happened in the first week of training camp is all this confirmation about where Daniel Jones is at because I guess I needed to see it and I know it's going to be different when he's playing week one and everything, but he's gonna be there.
Speaker 3: There was such a diminished version of him towards the end of the season that I think like the bar for how good Daniel Jones can be. Like, maybe we're viewing it differently because he was playing on a broken leg, which is insane.
Speaker 2: Still, if they even.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, his friends maybe not helping him out with making that brace for him or whatever, that they get a lot of love.
Speaker 3: Sometimes did people like invest in that, Yeah, it's like there's a power balanced bracelet or whatever, Like, what are we doing the holocron crystal.
Speaker 1: I'm not trusting my friends for anything medical.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a special.
Speaker 3: Bracelet lets him play with It's like the bracelet Batman had in the last Nolan movie whereas knee is all better and he kicks a wall that kicks a hole in the stone wall.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that what you want.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I see or hear like a practice report of a particular play and it really just catches my fancy. And one of them was Josh Downs, who I love. You know, they don't really have a great second outside receiver. It's mostly Nick Westbrook Aquina right now, but Josh Downs is really wide receiver too, mostly going to be playing out the slot. But there there was like a couple reps where Daniel Jones tried to go to Josh Downs playing on the outside and they said the five how tall is Josh Downs? Five nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think five listed at five to ten.
Speaker 1: Right, so he's probably a little shorter. Just getting engulfed by like monster six' Three sasgardner with those long arms and just like get Sast carter giving him no. Chance he's like literally like six seven inches taller and and. Longer and but that's just a, Reminder, oh Sasce gardner on this. Team so that's great to hear a lot of their guys who were out last. Year Tarvarius ward, healthy, strong starts to. CAMP. Cj allen missed a couple of. Days they're a rookie linebacker to. Camp he's back and immediately. Starting so just, yeah Like Kevin, sascard did you get the confirmation on the?
Speaker 3: Size, yeah combine measurement was five eighths and three quarters of an.
Speaker 2: Inch, Mate maybe he's come up since THEY i doubt.
Speaker 1: It also a kicker Battle Spencer strader Versus blake groupie WHERE i will predict both kickers Or week one starter.
Speaker 3: Somewhere that's a good kicker. Battle, wait that's. Better so you've got them both starting. Somewhere who wins an indie groupie, groopye, yeah unanimous on.
Speaker 1: Group let's take a. Break we're gonna do THE Afc west after the. Break chiefs have had a lot of. Injuries maybe they aren't as bad as people, think and we'll hit the rest of THE Afc WEST Afc east in just a. Minute back ON Nfl, daily the pads are on big part of this year is this guy's coming off. Injury do they got it yet or or they. Don't like with The, chiefs For Shehee, rice who had that surgery, before he spent some time in, jail he's still working his way back from that knee. Injury he's not really. Ready he's doing some things At chiefs, camp not all, things and they're working on. Him Patrick, mahomes on the other, hand it's all, gas no, breaks a lot of, hype and they seem to have the most videos of any team on the internet because they don't have any. Restrictions some teams put the restrictions. On it's a lot Of Patrick mahomes running. AROUND i know he's got a little compression, sleeve but he looks. Good i'm believing the. Hype are you believing the?
Speaker 3: Hype, yeah the brace looks like it's more of the. Encumbrance And i'm sure there's gonna be some conversations about whether or not he plays in that, brace BUT i, think, yeah He's Patrick. Mahomes you, know eighty Five Patrick. Mahomes it's gonna better than ninety nine percent of the.
Speaker 1: Planet there's something about the career arc of it all that for a guy to, me that's an all time great coming off the TORN acl and having like a really in off of a down couple year, statistically it just makes sense in the career arc of it, All like when we're in ten years talking about oh, YEAH i remember When mahomes came back after THE acl and was, like you, know won THE. Mvp LIKE i can just see.
Speaker 3: That so who's, who Says jimmy garoppolo in this because it happened, late there's No jimmy g because you're making A brady.
Speaker 1: Parallel, no not in, that not in that, way Because brady had his worst year coming off of TORN acl in a you, know in two thousand and nine if you wanted to, say but there were there were Various, brady you, know come ups after various scandals and. Whatnot i'm just, Saying I'M i JUST i think he's Gonna, YEAH i. Agree Xavier worthy hurt his shoulder again at. Practice that's a recurring. Injury he is expected back this week at some, point so it's not a long term. Injury but he's also a guy who who wasn't one hundred percent during Offseason OTA's and mini camps because he was still coming off that shoulder from a year. Ago he hurt that shoulder like as season. Started he dove for a PLAY i think he caught it On saturday and immediately gets hurt. Again that's. Tough it's hard to count on, him hard to count on Reci. Race Cyrus allen is a fifth round. Pick this is what training camp's all. About that was playing first team. Reps everyone's, saying Like Patrick mahomes loves this, kid that he might be starting for this, team like we'll. See but then left with a bone. Bruise and fortunately it's not more serious because that was one where he left on a. Cart So Jalen royals something to watch. There and Then Ken walker is there and that seems like the new fun toy That Andy reid is talking. About he's talking a lot About Ken walker's receiving ability and using him a lot in the screen. Game any thoughts on The Cyrus, allen the pass catchers in the in The chiefs orbit right now and how they're coming.
Speaker 2: Along, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Think The, royals you, know not necessarily making all the plays that people.
Speaker 2: Want.
Speaker 3: Right some of it may be wishcasking because his, name because his name is perfect for a. RECEIVER i, think like. Worthy hopefully they're just being precautious with the shoulder injury because you, know it's one THING i go on, RECORD i say all the time where if you reaggravate an, injury it just means it was never healed in the first.
Speaker 2: Right but he's you, know he had surgery on in an.
Speaker 3: Offseason he was very effusive about how he was never really back from it last.
Speaker 2: Year so hopefully that is.
Speaker 1: Well the fact that the first time he hits the ground in the non tackling practice that it, Happens, yeah not.
Speaker 3: Great, yeah, again maybe it's just precautionary because they need. Him they need, him like it turned like the whole plane can't Be Travis kelce relying on rookies to do, it and with all That Kenneth walker can, do maybe the b enemy of it all run, game run game.
Speaker 2: Good he's involved in the screen.
Speaker 3: Game there's a whole lot of stuff that Just patrick And andy making things, go but they need guys to catch The.
Speaker 1: It's so early you never know what to make, of like defensive linemen getting pop and non padded. Practices But Peter woods Are Mason thomas where they're you, know first and second round, picks not counting Mansor delane, who by the, way has been in a non contact jersey coming off of his own, injury but has been out. There, yeah reports that they look good and that they're getting a lot of first team. Reps so just something to watch is their pass. Rushers and THEN i found that interesting that a man Named Khalil benson is getting most of the reps as the starting right, tackle so that this is SOMETHING i wouldn't have. Expected Andy reid more or less said, like we want to see him in the, game and if he keeps taking these, STEPS i think he's going to be their starting right tackle over a man Named Jalen, moore who they paid fifteen million dollars a year in free agency and kind of telling me they don't think that's working, out or Maybe Khalil benson is just. AWESOME i should view.
Speaker 3: It it just seems and they trust that they have a system that they can figure this.
Speaker 2: Out but they just bargain hunt at that.
Speaker 1: POSITION i, mean they paid fifteen million dollars a year for like a. Backup it just it just hasn't, worked and maybe they really found. Something they're. Good they have been good at identifying some of their their own. Guys he was an undrafted player and he might be the starting right tackle for The. Chiefs pretty amazing if that happens The broncos are on the. FIELD i enjoyed an interview Between Bo nix and our two great, Friends Steve weisch And Cynthia, freelan two of the biggest bow leavers in all of. Media Steve weis's been pushing For bo to make Quarterback. Island to check out that. Interview he's been full, practice full. Go he's out. There he's moving around a. Lot you see him like he it's good that he took the off season off to properly get. Better that he's going to be handing the ball off TO Jk, dobbins who wasn't The broncos first choice at running back this. Offseason they were in On Ken, walker they were may be in On Travis etn but they end up SIGNING. Jk. Dobbins they didn't want to go over a certain, Price and NOW. Jk dobbins is talking, big not about not just about being, healthy but being really. Productive you, know a.
Speaker 8: Lot of people always, say, oh he's he's good for the first ten. Weeks Like i'll be in the top three for the first ten, weeks, right and they'll they'll be, like, oh he's, dude he does this every. Time, well this, year forget a top. THREE i keep saying. It people Think i'm, crazy But i'm gonna be number one And i'm gonna keep it there for the whole.
Speaker 2: Year you, know seventeen.
Speaker 8: GAMES a lot of people always get mad WHEN i, say, yeah the injuries are over BECAUSE i said it last, year but that one was pretty.
Speaker 2: Fluky, right this, year.
Speaker 8: They won't be any and there won't be anything for anyone to say about my injuries Because i'm gonna play all seventeen games And i'm gonna get my team EVERYTHING i got for all seventeen, games AND i will be there for all seventeen. Games i'll pinky promise all of you right now about.
Speaker 3: That, yeah that's a big promise to. Make it's a very dangerous. Position that's a lot of. Pinkies, yeah to go. Around we're not social distancing. Anymore so you know they'll take care of that up there at the New broncos. Facility BUT i JUST i hope you know that when we do talk about players and getting and getting, INJURED i know there's there's some instances where you, know team training staffs and that you know they'll try to come out and say that the player didn't rehab properly or. Whatever this is a very dangerous. Game the guys play and the injuries are. Not nobody's going out there. Trying Jacob dobbins has not tried to get.
Speaker 1: Hurt not that many running backs play a seventeen weeks AND i.
Speaker 2: WOULD i would razon LIKE i would disagree WITH jk.
Speaker 3: THERE i think all of a lot of his injuries have been, fluky like they all are because it's a it's a dangerous game with a lot of. Variables BUT i hope he is able to play everything, games because when he, plays he's very.
Speaker 1: GOOD i love that he used the rhetorical. DEVICE i didn't realize THAT i used so much UNTIL i started hosting a podcast and re listening to. It sometimes where you put sort of the imaginary in a gallery and be, like, oh and they say all the time, that, oh he's not going to do it through ten he was the only healthy through ten, weeks and then he gets.
Speaker 2: HURT i like, That, yeah me AND.
Speaker 3: Jk and it's almost always true because the attention economy drives so much of what everybody does, now and being antagonistic is.
Speaker 2: The way to get a whole bunch of energy and.
Speaker 1: Attention it's just a good way to attack. Them you don't have someone, specific but then you put in a funny voice a little, bit it's not, you you're coming at. Him chef's. Kiss Jonathan cooper is practicing for this. Team he is facing domestic violence charges and there was some real thought that they might cut. HIM i heard some. Whispers we'll see it didn't. Happen he's out. There the team says they're essentially supporting him and gonna see what. Happens in the. Process they are talking Up jonah ellis a little bit as kind of the next edge up If cooper is. Suspended Ben powers is there as a starting, guard according to their Coach John, payton who figures to be In canton later this week With Drew brees getting. Inducted i'm sure he's gonna make his way. Over we know he's the one presenting, him which is you on, video but he's going to be the guy probably to unveil that, bus which is really. Cool Sean payton Said Ben powers he expects to be their, starter even though they made him take a massive pay cut to stay after he played through an injury THAT i think required. Surgery that's what, happens like there's there's no right way to handle these. Injuries and THEN i thought it was interesting in that interview that WITH Nfl Network Sean payton kind of indicated Maybe Taysom hill reunion with The.
Speaker 2: Broncos Taysom hill would have had The broncos in The Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl Taysom hills had some crazy serious, injuries SO i get that they have a close. RELATIONSHIP i, Mean Sean payton helped Make Taysom hill a very rich man In New orleans and probably going to give him a, shot but his body looked like it had had enough. Football we'll. See let's go to The raiders first day of training. Camp the takeaway Was Bernando mendoza just looked more comfortable under center and in, general the people that have come Through greatest campus, said, okay he he has looked like as. Advertised according To Albert breer was another guy that went through. There he did reportedly have a bad Day. SUNDAY i think it was ESPN's beat writer said it was probably his worst day of. Camp you, know you're gonna have your ups in your. Downs you don't need to be tracking it each. Day BUT i, think so, far so good With Fernando. Mendoza did you happen to see The Kirk cousins video of him the doing suicid?
Speaker 2: Suicides, yeah YEAH i. DID i don't know.
Speaker 1: If that made me think Maybe mendoz is starting.
Speaker 3: EARLIER i Think kirk got got on that because he's not he's not selling out.
Speaker 2: THERE i THINK i know he's not selling. Out but even, then, yeah it's warm.
Speaker 3: Ups maybe he got there a little bit, late like he had breakfast or picked the kids off from school or something.
Speaker 2: Like who.
Speaker 1: Knows he looked like it's so rare that you see a professional athlete just look like a normal. Guy but he just looked like a normal forty year old guy right. There like If i'm out, there sometimes we go to the local middle school and we'll just like throw the football a little bit and. Shoots they have they have a nice like football field that's kind of like open sometimes and there's people playing soccer or. Whatever like IF i saw just like another guy doing you, know warming, up doing, that that would make sense to. Me it's just like an average. Guy that's What Kirk cousins look. Like and you gotta try to be At. MENDOZA i don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i JUST i don't think there's enough evidence To, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Twelve second video is Kirk cousin?
Speaker 1: Fair maybe training camp is all about learning about guys you never heard, of like when you're talking draft And jermad McCoy is a huge story And i'm looking forward to see what kind of career he. Has the fourth round pick From. Tennessee right, now he's still working his way, back practicing but not taking all the, reps and he's with the second or third. Team no surprise there but one of the guys taken after him by This raiders front office is not only battling for a starting, job is getting like the first first team reps most, days a fifth round pick by the name Of Hezekiah masses battling last year's, Pick Darien. Porter but the fact that they put him out there, FIRST i think on a couple of the first days of camp as like the first. Guy it's, Like, okay that's the. Thing sometimes you get these day three guys and they just impressed the hell out of, you and the off season the coaches are, like all, right let's give this guy a, Shot like that might be their starting, cornerback just a NOTE i want to throw out.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah and that's the thing where you have a different staff come, In like the evaluations are not going to be hindered by any sort of sunk costs, fallacy and it's, like all, right who are the best guys for us to get in?
Speaker 1: There they do have a thin, secondary especially at, cornerback so like that is an area WHERE i Think Bo nicks And Patrick mahomes And Justin herbert in this division are going to be looking at that position and thinking can we take advantage of these. Guys you, know you can't take advantage of The tokyo Tow Consei, matchizawa who's out there trying to become a week one starting, kicker was a sensation in college At, hawaii one of the best kickers in the you, know all of college. Football last. Year he's Battling Matt. Gay that's just a fun kicker. BATTLE i just wanted to point out he missed like a fifty something yarder The tokyo to On. Sunday but, yeah that's a. Battle that's a cool. Battle, yeah and that's. ALL i don't have any. Take it's nice to have it out. There it's nice to have a new name in these kicker.
Speaker 3: Battles, yeah between the guys that are going to be on three or four different teams over the course the.
Speaker 1: Next gas bounced around in recent.
Speaker 2: Years, yeah it's good to have a new addition to the kicker battle.
Speaker 1: Lineup and you know what we can confirm is that both those guys not, turns and that's because The raiders are a turd free facility.
Speaker 2: Camp is there.
Speaker 5: Anything that you're pleasantly surprised.
Speaker 2: By something maybe you didn't expect to be as.
Speaker 9: Far as you, ARE i think we just have a professional group of. Players you, know they care about getting. Better you, know we don't have any. Turds we got gets THAT i want to be, here that want to, win that want to change this. Place and So i'm really really happy with.
Speaker 3: That turd's being the leftover, undiagnosed, undiagnosed undijusted material from a previous year. Scene, NO i was trying to think about it where it's, like what what could he mean by? That and maybe like there's some there's some parts left over that that weren't. Bad, no, this, this this roster is better THAN i.
Speaker 1: Thought Ashton genty talking up that he wants to make a second year. Leap he has to become more of a leader for this. Team you, know some reports about the offensive line maybe not. Great you, know in terms of the run. Blocking it's so. Early i'm not going to have any takeaways from like running games in the first week of. Camp let's go to The chargers Where Justin herbert reportedly taking those coaching points about the quick. RELEASE i thought it was Interesting lad McConkie when they asked him About justin he just, like, well you guys have seen it like that ball is coming out. Fast it has to do a bit with his footwork and his, release and he's reportedly looked more comfortable playing in The mike McDaniel's. Style to start, Camp herbert had some time in front of the microphone and he Mentioned Brennan, thompson their fourth round, pick is going to make a lot of big plays for, them and what supports that is that he's been out there mostly taking first team. Reps a fourth round rookie stepping in maybe already ahead of a guy Like KeAndre Lambert smith maybe gonna be in the mix with With Trey, harris Behind lad McConkey And Quentin, johnston who you figure are going to be the top two. Guys but that's a guy who is a four to six guy in college and just kind of playing maybe that speed role For mike.
Speaker 2: McDaniel he loots some fast.
Speaker 3: And we've seen so like at this, point we've seen enough people in this role to, know, well that's a real.
Speaker 2: Thing it's not a.
Speaker 3: Creation it's just a question of it takes more than being, Fast Like Davana Edge hannis is clearly more than just. Fast and to have you, Know Tyreek hill And Jalen. Lattell it's big shoes to, fill but thus far that's.
Speaker 1: Good, yeah and just the fact that he's making plays consistently early is a really great sign because that doesn't happen with every young. Receiver Tully Tully Polo tuo has not been participating, fully not doing any team. Drills it appears by all accounts it is contract, Related but the players and the coaches around the league are called kind of all on the same page of These holden. SITUATIONS i don't know if you, noticed As, patrick where they're trying to say it's not about the contract when kind of everyone knows it is about the. Contract so we'll see how that. Goes five different offensive linemen have played first team left guard in just four. Days i've never seen a battle quite like, this a five person. Battle they've been spreading it, Around Jim harbaugh Said Trey pipkins, specifically it's hard to say that he's not one of our five, best and so maybe he is the guy that's going to move inside from tackle to, guard which would mean their second round, pick very high. Pick Jake slaughter might just be a backup at center and. Guard but that's a good problem for The chargers to have to have some. DEPTH i love the the McDaniel Jim harbaugh content that's at all coming, out just the whole thing of. It let's let's just take a quick look at them early in.
Speaker 6: Camp, coach you feel the, jewice, coach you feel The jews just got too many ball.
Speaker 2: Guys it's, awesome, man it's. Awesome we'll get us run to the line of.
Speaker 3: STIRMAGE i think of it like all the investment that's been made, Right it's like put money in the.
Speaker 2: Bay now it's time to start. Withdraw i've never wanted training camp to start.
Speaker 1: MORE i love that from The. Chargers do you think they play it up at all knowing they're micd up or, not or they're not thinking about.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 3: NO i think that that probably was one of the more team interactions that they've had in a similar.
Speaker 1: Circumstance i'm really interested in this. Team there's not as many like questions coming into the. SEASON i THINK i know who this team is for the most. Part we will be there as a podcast in a couple of, weeks So i'm looking forward to. THAT i Think Jordan drieg will be joining us on that. Show talking to The. Chargers let's go to THE Afc east where The bills had an injury. Scare Chauncey Gardner johnson was carted off with an. Injury turns out it's a calf, strain which doesn't sound, great but it's not a long term. Injury even if it's like a multi week, injury it doesn't sound like it's something that's gonna keep them out going into the. Season so that that is great to see at. Safety Behind Chauncey Gardner johnson right, now It's Cole bishop And Geno stone who was with The bengals and it's had some had some tough moments. There who's taken Over Damar hamlin even behind them and a Rookie Jalen. Kilgore so tomorrow probably not going to be a starter. Anymore here's another omen for. You first play of training camp A Kean coleman. Drop that's that's not what you.
Speaker 3: Want but the key on problems haven't necessarily been. Dropped they've been been dropping.
Speaker 1: Some you, know he had one in the in the divisional round of the playoffs THAT i know it wouldn't accounted because it was called back by. Penalty was one of the worst drops we've ever.
Speaker 3: Seen, YEAH i just think the total summnation of like whether or Not kean is is performing as to you, know they have him out. THERE i guess if if anybody needs to have things to blame On kean in the.
Speaker 1: Future you want to you want a better omen very next, play second, play a training, camp back To, Kean, Coleman Josh allen building up that confidence he makes the. Grab what you don't think he purposefully went back to him after the first play as a drop so that it wouldn't. Linger That's Josh allen being a.
Speaker 3: LEADER i think sometimes people drop the, ball sometimes people catch the.
Speaker 2: BALL i think we're gonna need MORE.
Speaker 1: I get, That BUT i think the second play going back to, him that's. Purpose you won't convince this otherwise it's real.
Speaker 2: Leadership that's. Right maybe it was open no.
Speaker 1: Surprise the top four receivers have BEEN Dj, Moore Kean, Coleman Balil, Shakir Josh. PALMER i think THAT'S i think they're pretty established, actually AND i Think coleman's going to play a lot for this. Team the starting defense line At, Oliver Dan, WALKER. Tj. SANDERS i gotta ADMIT i couldn't find a lot of good bills notes hit me up bills fans in. REPORTERS i don't know if you have anything you've been doing inside training camp.
Speaker 2: LIVE i.
Speaker 1: DIDN'T i didn't know what to say about the. Bills sometimes that happens early in training. Camp, No josh was usually a good. Problem he's asked a lot.
Speaker 3: About the differences in in the McDermott and and Now brady, regimes and he was, like there's, change but a lot of things that we needed that that we were doing weren't, Working, so you, know very honest To Josh.
Speaker 1: All one of one of the offensive linemen was talking about the difference Between Joe brady And sean McDermott and was kind of comparing him to like a like a cool uncle or, something and, like you, know you can like it wasn't like A it almost. Didn't it's not how the, PLAYER i think wanted it to come, across where it almost sounded like like a kid who knows he can get away with more now that you have like a substitute teacher.
Speaker 3: Vibe and also when you say somebody's the cool, uncle it means they're not your. Dad, right, well because the implication there is that there's somebody who is mainly in charge of taking care and then this person only shows up in special.
Speaker 1: Occasions being a cool on goes. Important. Though, yeah my Brother, dean what a role he is playing in the in the lives of in the lives of my. Children if, you BECAUSE i you, Know i'm leaning off here so, often if you had any, takeaway anything you wanted to say about what's happened at The New England patriots training camp so, far what would stand out to?
Speaker 3: You booty always Stands, Okay, YEAH i mean we have we had a little bit of this.
Speaker 2: DISCUSSION i think maybe they're trying to drive the price.
Speaker 1: Up, no THAT'S i don't.
Speaker 2: Think IT'S i don't.
Speaker 1: Think but it's such a deep receiver. GROUP i think there is a clear top four that has been established to me in the first week of training camp that does not Include Matt, collins who is on is certainly going to make the, team and does not include my Guy Kyle, williams which is disappointing to. Me To Mario douglas is a. RECEIVER i Think josh McDaniels really likes and, look he was the guy in The Super bowl that's still out there catching some. PASSES i Think Drake may trusts him so that the clear one two three IS A. J, Brown Romeo, Dobbs booty And douglas are kind of the top four And booty is. Rocking that's a new. One after a slow start when the pads came, ON A. J brown And Romeo dobbs a lot of action over the, weekend so people were kind of concerned that wasn't happened in the first week at. Camp dobbs especially was, silent and you, Know Jake may looks. Good i'm a little worried about the pass. RUSH i think that's probably a big part of. It they don't really have much. Harol landry seems to have a pretty serious injury and doesn't sound like he's going to be back anytime. Soon gabe acis and THAT i found out that is the. Pronunciation. Yah Just Gabe accus signed a very strange contract because it's it sounds without the, player without the team wanting to put it out there publicly that they Believe acus or his agent willfully misled the public about the existence of an injury that they didn't know. About that the ENTIRE nfl didn't know about when they drafted, him and they put a crazy conditions into his contract where like things are not guaranteed through the first three. Years there's all this injury. Stuff it would sound that sounds, ugly But brabel's really trying To Mike rabel's trying to like build him, up and he has started to. Practice and for what it's, Worth Greg, badard who's out there, practice is, like this guy has definitely not been taking time off like he might have the best like coming off the bus body on the entire. Team So Gay, bacchus we're all rooting for.
Speaker 3: You, yeah room For Gay. BACHUS i do wonder what The clowney signing In. Houston, obviously, yeah he lives In, houston but there's familiarity Between Mike verble And Genevian clowney with the need. There do we think because that this wasn't in, play that there's confidence maybe in the group or are we thinking that maybe and.
Speaker 1: They weren't one of the TEAMS i was even mentioned it WAS i Think clowney going to visit The browns to get his price up a little. Bit As clowney is expert hit. Doing let's be, real.
Speaker 3: Because he does not Like Hendrew berry well that he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: That it is funny to think back that he literally went To cleveland just to get The texans to go up a million or two or whatever it, was and The seahawks were also interested in Bringing.
Speaker 3: Maybe he just wanted them to debase, themselves to have the, discussion just to be, like.
Speaker 2: All, Right i'm.
Speaker 1: OUT i, mean if you're choosing between The, seahawks The, texans and The browns in the year twenty twenty, six you live In, houston there's a clear number three in that list free. Dinner but, yeah they're pass. Rush it could be a. Problem they Got Dreamond. Jones it's not. Great Christian gonzoz continues to fully, practice even with the pads, on so he's not holding out or doing anything waiting for that. Contract the run blocking has reportedly been pretty bad at, practice something to Why i've been talking About Caleb lomu as a potential left tackle their first round. Pick he's reportedly struggled a little bit of, camp getting beating a, lot kind of the only offensive lineman maybe getting beaten a. Lot SO i think it's Will campbell's job, there not that it wasn't in the first place at left.
Speaker 3: TACKLE i feel like we need a scale to grade. Ye training, camp, yeah run, Game. YEAH i don't know that we're getting all of.
Speaker 1: It the pads being on there at least gave me. LICENSE i feel like to make that just no early that they're saying license, right but that it's not trying to make something out of. Nothing just multiple reports of just guys in the, Backfield Trayvon henderson having no chance whatsoever BECAUSE i Think remandre had arrest, day which reminds me of last year when they're running, game had terrible blocking To The jets have practiced less than. ANYONE i kind of noticed. This they had more days. Off they just they gave a day off after day three and day four or day. FIVE i think so now that not as many. Practices everyone's getting into pass On. Monday LIKE i, mentioned a lot Of David bailey sacks in the first couple of days of. Practice Gino smith had a fifteen for fifteen. Day just wanted to point that.
Speaker 3: Out you are well within your rights to point that. Out we're getting everybody else's passing. Numbers gino lightened it.
Speaker 1: Up are you more concerned if you're in this. Situation it's the classic training camp dilemma of, like oh we might have a common in quarterback, now or that our defense is Allowing gino to go fifteen for.
Speaker 3: FIFTEEN i think any situation Where gino is not in a serious threat to get, blasted yeah he, could he could, still he could still spin.
Speaker 1: IT i agree the number one test of if you're AN nfl, quarterback which not everyone. Passes that's in THE. Nfl but in terms of having a long, career it seems obvious enough LITERALLY. Nfl EVERY nfl quarterback that has a long, career if you give them, time they will dice you, up like in different ways in different, flare but they will dice you up like they're just that good Cave clubnick not sure if he's going to be that type of guy or, not but he's kind of clearly THE qb. Two they're At jets, camps so that is that is A gena injury. Away AND i know you know has Been, durabo BUT i don't think there's even really a battle there For keb Against. Brady, Yeah Brady, cook is there A zappi's there but Club nick's getting all the reps as KEEP.
Speaker 2: I guess, so but just.
Speaker 1: Okay Adie mitchell reportedly having a fast start to camp and some injuries. There Joseph asi the edge, rusher and D'Angelo, ponds who are keeping an eye on in the back, end have been out with. Injuries The dolphins are a team that aren't getting a lot of national. ATTENTION i often mentioned the podcast Three yards Per. CARRY i checked them, out especially during training. Camp they noted That Malik willis just absolutely on fire killing The dolphins defense on day three after just like a so so start to, camp but just like looking, great dotting people up and it's a lot Of Caleb, douglas their third round, receiver is kind of the first guy That Malik willis is looking, At Malik, washington according to the reporters. THERE i believe It's Al, fartega who hosts the. Show he thinks he's probably the odds on favorite to lead that team in. Targets but that's probably your one two right. Now Caleb douglass just curious Or Malik washington as a late round flyer in Fantasy league's not that, Crazy.
Speaker 2: No not crazy at.
Speaker 3: All Malik washington should, be, yeah the target leader based on the numbers for the guys that are that are coming back like, career It's Malik washington and everybody.
Speaker 1: Else Quinn youwers reportedly looked. Awful it's worth noting like he was drafted to be In mike McDaniel's. System that's not the system. Anymore for the first three days of, camp so they're pretty thin Behind Malik. Willis yours reportedly look better On. SUNDAY i had a little bit of a bounce back at. Cornerback it sounds like the top three cornerbacks right now with the Rookie Chris, Johnson Juju brentz who's got impressive specimen but just hasn't been able to stay, healthy and Then Ethan. Bonner they got a million guys. There i've heard some Chop robinson, pop which is nice to hear again after a down. Year it sounds Like Jacob rodriguez their second round. LINEBACKER i think he's going to be starting next To jordan bro and then for Fantasy devon H, Chan Dalen, wright and Then Ali gordon appears to be the running back order of the depth. Chart So Alli gordon got some verbal pop From Jeff, halfley but he's been coming up third in terms of the depth. Chart that matters more to. Me what do you think about the verbal? Pop were you ever a waiter and are you aware of the phenomenon of the verbal.
Speaker 3: Tip, No i've never delved into those.
Speaker 2: Waters, okay yard maintenance was my area of.
Speaker 3: Expertise BUT i think for fantasy, purposes, obviously if you're going to handcuff the running, BACKS i think you need to weigh who would actually play in the event that von H chan isn't out there long, term who would have the majority of this? Naps AND i think that verbal pop may, mean like the order may not necessarily reflect who gets the playtime in this.
Speaker 1: Situation, yeah AND i think especially at running, back that's gonna change when you're in real live, action not even pads, practice but the preseason and then to the regular. Season the verbal tip PHENOMENON i believe to be. Real as a, waiter very often you would find that the customers who would go out of their way to be nice enough about what a good experience they have and thank you and and maybe talk to you, more they would like tip. Less they Were they would feel almost like subconsciously they either felt bad about not giving you a good, tip or that like they gave you the tip by just saying nice things to, you but then they're giving you like twelve percent or. SOMETHING i feel like it happened all the. Time it was a phenomenon Among, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: THINK i think, waiters in their analyzes of phenomenon are probably not necessarily trustworthy.
Speaker 2: Sources oh come, on we're doing it every. DAY i. THINK i think confirmation bias is.
Speaker 3: Huge, yeah tipping evolved as a solution to avoid paying the formerly. ENSLAVED i wish everybody was. Compensated IF i could raise, up that's the entire restaurant to.
Speaker 2: Obtain, yeah, there do. PAY i.
Speaker 3: WOULD i would like to tell, Everybody, Hey i'm tipping twenty five percent at the, start SO i don't so frequently get forgotten.
Speaker 2: About that's about me and my.
Speaker 1: Wife that's actually a good move.
Speaker 3: Eat at the. Bar BUT i do hate That it's, like, HEY i would like to be treated the same as everybody, Else SO i need to pay to let you know that you. Pay because of whatever weird analysis has caused you to think That i'm not going to tip.
Speaker 2: PROPERLY i would just like to do without the entire.
Speaker 1: Process, PERSONALLY i totally agree AND i have. ENJOYED i don't know if this is a phenomenon that's happening across the. Country there is an increasing amount Of Los angeles restaurants which the tips. Included they're presumably paying more of a living. Wage AND i mean it's not even a tip that's. Included they just it's like a. Charge, no you don't like.
Speaker 3: That, no the last person THAT i trust in this is the restaurant owners and operators who have been underpaying people in the first place and forcing the public to serve that business a portion of their. WAGES i think the overall restaurant industry takes advantage of his workers to a more extent than almost anything. Else, uh but there's a better way than us doing like societal analysis by looking at a person and trying to figure out how much they're gonna tell, me because that doesn't go so great for.
Speaker 1: Everything, no it's a tough. Business. Uh you do like the other countries where it's it's not as much and the and the, like the tipping isn't as much of an, issue and they do pay their waiters more of a living. Wage BUT i still believe in the verbal tip is a phenomenon that. EXISTS i don't you. KNOW i haven't run the analytics on. It we, will we will do that during the. Break, okay we're gonna say. Numbers we're gonna take one more and we're gonna finish our roundup of all thirty two teams in two days with THE afc noe more omens. Omens The bengal first play a training camp.
Speaker 2: Is a positive.
Speaker 1: Element oh under center, motion two tight ends on the, field exact same was the case with the first play of Pads on On. Monday again under center, motion completely different type of offense Than Joe burrow has been running for his entire, career Which i've always thought of as The Joe burrow. Offense it does sound like the change that they've long kind of threatened, to like diversify things and not just be back there and Let joe do everything ninety five percent of. Time hopefully it helps out the running. Game that's a big part of it that They it really does look different day after day after day according to the people on the scene there they're working on.
Speaker 3: It are you taking from this If Zach taylor, says if it's going to be my, fault If i'm, Out i'm going to have it actually be my. Fault, Wow and you know the, calls the, structure everything is going to run through me If i'm going to be, gone and whether or not you're happy about, it whether or not you're having, fun this is.
Speaker 1: ME i haven't thought of it that. Way that's a great way to frame. IT i love. IT i think that's. RIGHT i think that's him trying to graduate from the generic polo to maybe like one that's a little more tightly, cut showing off the. Muscles we got some stripes or extra medium something, like or you got AN nfl, network like a better. POLO i love that. Theory and maybe maybe they were able to point out the running game and the effectiveness of the offense With Joe flacco last year and was a little proof of concept For Joe burrow to just like see, it, like oh, okay but, yeah the under center is every. Day Eric all is a third year tight end WHO i think is going to be really important to this equation as an almost every down player who's that kind of versatile tight. End also on that first day of practice was a big. FIGHT Dj turner And Jamar chase getting into a fight Where chase wound up throwing his, helmet and then the THING i like About Joe burrow is he just repeatedly started throwing TO Dj turner after that With Jamar.
Speaker 2: Chase loved to. Coverage by the, way.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even a thing that happened after a. Play the fight started as they called them onto the, field so they likely were chirping on the sideline about. SOMETHING i don't know If i've ever seen. That where the fight started wasn't after a. Play it was like the third team just finished up and they're, like all, right first team back out on the, field and then they just start. Fighting but reportedly this kind of goes with the larger theme the defense fighting back In bengals, camp the defensive line really. Dominates, YEAH i like. It, Mafay Jonathan allen. There Dexter lawrence might be a sign though that The bengals offensive line not playing that, well but, yeah let's look at the. Positive at least in, camp their secondary seems pretty. Established for those who are tracking the, Draft Scario davis was a guy they took in the second. Round he seems pretty clearly like a backup. Corner they're, established they like to bring along their guys. Slowly Dg ivy also a. Backup Just Sear taylor is getting some work as the first team, nickel but it's Mostly Jalen davis. There and THEN i wanted to mention the name of a, Guy Dante, myers who was A cfl player who played At. PRESBYTERIAN i don't know if that's the full name of the, college and Then Delta state in. College apparently like wound up At Delta state because like some old high school coach of his recognized his. Name he spells his Name dante a little, differently like no attention whatsoever to go From presbyterian To Delta state to An Atlanta falcons tryout that you didn't ever get anywhere with to THE cfl giving you a, tryout to then making THE cfl and becoming one of the best players in THE cfl to. Now according To bengals reporters Like Paul, daaner who's there thinking like this guy might make the team a Little Andrew hawkins, Vibes, yeah this guy got to.
Speaker 3: The Rough riders and had eight catches for one hundred one yards his very first game in the. CFLs it's how you get guys Like Rashid, shaheed you, know Two saints, here but the beer man like people didn't fall through the.
Speaker 2: Cracks it could be be good football.
Speaker 1: Players and it makes. Sense, well he's a smaller, guy so he didn't get, attention but also maybe just different guys develop at different. Times The ravens are Hoping Lamar jackson develops playing more under, center kind of Like Joe burrow sounds a lot like. NORMAL i think we talked about their good omen last week actually THAT i think it was like a deep cross to Day flowers on the very first play of. Camp SO i like that twenty yard, completion a lot Of lamar just talking about how much he likes under center and that they're they're trying to work that into the. Mix it's Like lamar three point. Zero it is a totally different system to watch him.
Speaker 3: Running so, yeah fun and the sample sizes are, small but you Get lamar on those play, actions especially like full back turn play action plays last year that we talked about where he had twenty twenty four numbers in play action.
Speaker 2: Year they just kind of got away from.
Speaker 3: It so the idea that they could fully invest and utilize the personnel is that the real omen is having Matda biku play.
Speaker 1: Football mattabikue out there, practicing and he's got the neck, role WHICH i don't know if that's, reflected you, know because he's had those neck. Injuries he just feels more. Comfortable but it looks. Cool you just don't see Those, yeah it's. Back we're bringing back the neck. Role in terms of the receiver, group this is one Where i'm maybe like slightly, concerned like no one's popping up as camp. Stories the reports are it's a lot of Z, Flowers bateman's kind of up and, down and THEN i don't know what else.
Speaker 2: Is it sounds like The Baltimore ravens, Receiver that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying BUT i would love to just Hear Elijah surat's killing. It but he is coming back from an. Injury he reportedly doesn't look one hundred percent. Early Jacobe lane is another rookie they drafted who's like uneven but you, know had a couple, flashy contested catches that sounds like how he was at. College you. KNOW i JUST i want SOME i want one of those, teams either The ravens or The commanders to Sign Stefan. DIGGS i THINK i think you would help fill out that. Room the pass rush reportedly looking a little. Deeper Mike, green according to The Athletic, quote far more, confident, assertive, Powerful Tabus robinson is starting. There they feel a little bit better about their pass rush, depth especially with Kila As campbell also on the. Field As pats came on On, monday not doing, everything but he's out there for the first, time so that is good to. See Travis jones been. Out how are you feeling about the?
Speaker 3: Defense, well you have to consider the fact That Jesse minner took a player that wasn't productive at all with The Baltimore ravens and he had, production a lot of production towards the end of the season for The chargers in a dafeol, way and so what can he do with the group that. Remains that's the place of, confidence and you Know Kalayis campbell providing that. Depth you know his mother passed away this, summer was away from the team, there so condolences To Kalayis campbell for. Joining WHAT i feel like it is one of the worst clubs in the, world and it feels like that for for a long time and to go through that late in his. Career hopefully he's ABLE uh to navigate that. Process but it's different for. Everybody and when you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Helping out A raven Former raven Jesse minner like last year and could he do that, AGAIN i thought you were going to See Tony. Jefferson, Tony Tony jefferson was on The.
Speaker 2: Raven, Yeah Tony jefferson very, much very much a ball.
Speaker 1: Like he bounced, around But i'm not.
Speaker 2: Crazy that was main main lower To Tony.
Speaker 1: Jefferson The Cleveland browns have an over under win total of five and a half In. Vegas their team owner jumping into the fray without being. Asked it was he Was this was not one where context would add to. You he's just kind of freestyle and and just brought that up and he, SAID i would take the over AND i would take.
Speaker 3: It THAT nfl ownership doesn't do the extensive amount OF uh PowerPoint presents that we do regarding discussions about, gaming because it seems like that would be an If Jimmy haslam had like a fifteen YEAR nba. Career this will be enough for the CURRENT fbi to invest.
Speaker 1: In the schedule is. Favorable there are really talented players on this. Roster, there there's a route to it, happening but they need better quarterback. Play And Zach, jackson WHO i listened to in terms of his podcast and at The, athletic has just noted, that you, Know watson's bad days have just been. Awful six interceptions so, far some alarmingly bad. Days some better days. Too BUT i just continue to be confused why they are trotting him out there ON nfl. Network maybe we, replaced maybe we requested. Him why like CAUSE i because there's some reporting that you, know depending on the, day Like Taylor green is a rookie that's kind of frisky that they might want to hold on to on their actual. Roster and then you, know he Got gabrielle like some days has looked like the best quarterbacks, supposedly it sounds to me reading between the line That Shuldary sanders on balance has been the best quarterback. There and then so you add that all up AND i see a realistic possibility That Deshaun watson is just not on the.
Speaker 3: Roster it would that would make total, sense, Right but then there's aspects like him still being on the roster and this still being a.
Speaker 1: Possibility it was like the one last. Chance let's see if he comes out and looks any better in, camp he's fully, healthy blah blah. Blah, yeah he's just not that guy as a. Player but everything else Aside quinn Show duggins is out there just doing. Everything love, it reportedly looking really, strong positive injury recovery news. There and THEN i texted our Friend Andrews ciciliano if he had any, takes and a lot of it was, like you, Know jared versa as advertised a lot of things you'd expect the, quarterbacks you, know some good, days some. Bad but he said Something i've seen elsewhere, too which is both rookie, receivers Especially Denzel, boston but Also casey concepts you and speed really showing. Up but just That Denzel boston catching everything in his zip. Code and that has been the case throughout the entire offseason. Program and he's lined up against some good players Like Denzel ward making. Catches keep an eye on that Rookie Denzel. Boston that's.
Speaker 3: It they got some fun players it's. Fun it's fun to think about other than the one thing that's decidedly not.
Speaker 1: Fun But shoulder will give them a, chance Like shoulder holds onto the, Ball LIKE i can see where the ceiling seems a little limited For shouldar unless he just locks in at some point mentally at like another, level because like he's not that, athletic he's not that, big you know WHAT i, Mean so you got to get your advantages in other. Ways BUT i do think he will be, aggressive like he'll take his. Chances let's wrap up with The. Steelers we got to Get patrick to his regular. Job is that the case right?
Speaker 2: Now, NO i just. Checked the meeting is being they're holding it for this right. Now, NO i don't want.
Speaker 3: To get because there's inside training. Camp we're. Good there's a lot of moving.
Speaker 1: Parts so because WE'RE i do not want to get in trouble with the. Mouse our last, team sixteenth, team The. Steelers Dalen warren one a in the backfield With Rico daddle And Caleb johnson behind. Him are you ready to buy in On Jalen.
Speaker 2: Warren i'm.
Speaker 3: READY i am ready to buy in On Jalen, warren AND i would like to issue a full apology To Jalen warren And Greg Rose, wow any sort of, thing BECAUSE i WANT i don't Want greg to keep leaning into. That, OKAY i Hate Jalen warren. Thing, no it's just the fun bit that only me and you really care. About you, know he just thought he Was.
Speaker 1: Okay Roman wilson is begetting most of the third receiver reps over the Rookie Jeremy. Bernard mike McCarthy is a coach who generally makes you kind of earn it as a. Rookie but according To Mark, caboli who covers the team for The pat mcavie, Show max ihanachor taking third team reps and you, know kind of looking like a, rookie he was thought of as a bit of a project, potentially and at Least coboli thinks it's going to be an uphill battle for their first round pick to, start similar to their mid round Rookie Jennings, dunker who might be really far away from making an impact there at. Guards so maybe slow goings with the rookie offensive, lineman which to me would be a little, disappointing but it's early in. Camp Sante Samuel, junior according to The, athletic has been the standout. There it is of training. Camp love kind of forgot he's on this.
Speaker 3: Team, yeah love an, older older veteran being a being a standout in, camp you, know showing that this is it's going to be. DIFFERENT i think that was the overall. Company like we talked With Max, starks just not only is it different from the previous, regime but it's different from some of the things That mike McCarthy has, done like. Everything it feels like if people think that things got trenched in and they were two same for The Pittsburgh steel is the very.
Speaker 2: Least it's it's it's it's.
Speaker 1: Different, yeah they're they're moving their players around on defense. More But samuel who was good enough to be ranked quite high on my twenty twenty four free agents list when he was. AVAILABLE i didn't really realize the severity of his neck injury that he was coming, off BUT i had him in like a top forty player in terms of free. Agents like he came back from that injury last. Year mike McCarthy, said he's, like, No, LIE i CAN'T i can't like lie Like Assantia Samon junior is one of my favorite, players and he used the word physical bringing him, up and, like this is the guy who's maybe seen his career flashed before his. Eyes if they get a plus starter out of, him that has kind of found money because he's ON i think a one, year four million dollar, contract very cheap for a player of his. Ability they signed a, Guy Malik harrison from The ravens that was supposed to potentially be a starter and who's been buried in the linebacker, rotation so it doesn't sound like he's going to be. Starting. There reportedly haven't been a lot of snaps For Drew aller And Will howard because Just Aaron rodgers gets. Everything don't love that this is the last that's the last. Dance you got to develop these young. Guys you got to figure. OUT i Hope Mason rudolph's not getting. Much Just Rayshawn jenkins is AN nfl veteran who plays safety who The steelers signed recently while Cutting Darnell, savage who's a guy who's played a lot of football in THE. Nfl so, again different coaching staff has different kind of types of guys that they, like and they're moving out with some guys that they that they have played a decent amount AND i thought was gonna have a decent. Role let's wrap up our sound With mike McCarthy talking about our Man Aaron.
Speaker 2: Rodgers, yeah he'd like to.
Speaker 6: PLAY i would like to see him, playing, so but we won't make a decision until we get all the way up to it because there's more that goes into. That just you, know having one player, plays you, know it's the culmination of.
Speaker 1: Players Aaron rodgers had mentioned McCarthy told him he was going to play thirty to forty snaps in the, preseason and McCarthy sounded like they're didn't want that cat out of the back because he could change his. Mind like if he's just not feeling that he wants the whole offense to be out, there he might change his.
Speaker 3: Mind, yeah it's an honest evaluation of the, offense and some of that's going to Require aaron doesn't always have to happen in a.
Speaker 1: Game there was a piece By Mike silver About Aaron rodgers Where i'm not going to Say Aaron rodgers took credit for The mike McCarthy, higher but he did say that on his exit interview with ownership that, hey most you, know most, ownership they're always looking at like the new, thing the new. Thing AND i Think mike McCarthy would be great with another chance at. Coaching and then they Interviewed mike. McCarthy maybe he was On. Aaron Maybe Aaron rodgers is responsible For mike McCarthy having this.
Speaker 3: Job he also said that he wouldn't have come, back he would have retired if it Wasn't mike.
Speaker 2: McCarthy So.
Speaker 1: I'm old enough to remember that they didn't leave on good. Terms, no they literally didn't speak for like years. Afterwards but he's this.
Speaker 3: Is all, season all about healing, relationships his his. Wife, yeah forgetting her Name, BRITTON i think it's out. There, OH i don't, Know, orny It's brandy with an. Eye perhaps you know has has helped. Him he lives in relationships with his. Family, uh Maybe mike. McCarthy maybe.
Speaker 1: Medicine medicine is. Important, yeah medicine will be. Used i'm. Sure on the bear, Safety Kobe. BRYANT i know it's AN afc, show but as we're taping their big free agent, signing who is going to start for them is expected to be sidelined for eight to ten, weeks so that would take him into you, know a good portion of the regular season might be starting on the pup list something like. That he had a three, year forty million dollar contract was really good for The Super bowl Winning seahawks last. Year so that's unfortunate. News and the you, know the latest and forty nine ers injury news Is Mike evans is now out of.
Speaker 3: Practice i'm not gonna. Panic it's just it's just a training camp. Practice But Mike evans isn't going to forget how to play.
Speaker 1: Football every everyone's out of practice there that that can catch a. Football so you get a little. Worried thank, You, patrick thank you for filling, in for jumping in. You we Have patrick at least once a week. Lately, yeah and you've got your regular day. Job where where can people, See.
Speaker 3: Yeah we've got the insiders coming up at four O'clock. Pacific it was the seven O'clock. Eastern BUT i hope we don't say see it as filling.
Speaker 1: IN i don't know WHY i said. No i've said a lot of things that were. Poor, no in this in this, match in this, GAME i called. THAT i, mean in this, SHOW i Called Aaron rodgers our guy leading into the SOUND i was, like, no not our, guy.
Speaker 3: But but, yeah in the event that it ever is getting a chance to do this, Podcast, Greg i'm just saying thank.
Speaker 2: You i'm just saying thank you.
Speaker 3: To you And eric and because you, know to be perfectly, honest you know who Knows Kyle. Shanahan so we don't know where anybody's going to, be and so passing out flowers and to you guys have viewers as.
Speaker 2: Well i'm not going.
Speaker 1: ANYWHERE i love that we have started this week so, strong back to, back hitting all thirty two teams and what's going on in training. Camp we're going to try to do that at different points during the regular. Season we will be back On tuesday with A news prob a news show just kind of like a news catch. Up but we're also gonna have a special new guest for the show to preview THE Afc. South i'll let it be a. Surprise we'll see then