Speaker 1: He is Drink Chants, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't a great as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up as dj E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you know me and the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink chans moy.
Speaker 1: D is New Year c That's it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, mother mother? Would it gonna be homing to suit boy in O R one? Up is dj e f N. This is Minna tamp a crazy world podcast. Make some And when I tell you.
Speaker 4: We started this show, we said we wanted to interview legends. We wanted to interview people that are icons. This woman right here is an icon. She's a legend. She is has been through it all, and I don't want to I don't know how far can I ask her?
Speaker 1: How far can I ask her? Because oh man, and.
Speaker 4: She's fired well, she's done everything. But I'm gonna be honest. I just want to get straight into this interview. So I want to say that thank you for being here, Thank you for being.
Speaker 1: A part of this show.
Speaker 4: But in case I don't understand who we have. This woman is an icon, she's a legend, she's a tight tun.
Speaker 1: Let's make some.
Speaker 4: Noise for motherfucking the one and only Keisha.
Speaker 1: You know we we should still.
Speaker 4: Right off, right right over the flowers, right off with the flowers, the flowers, Keisha. Let me just tell you, I was like, I got flowers. Yeah, yeah, introduce the flower.
Speaker 1: Let me just tell you something.
Speaker 4: Our show was about giving people their flowers while they can smell them. They do what they can tell them, and they drinks where they can hell them.
Speaker 1: You know. Snoop Dogg said.
Speaker 4: It's better than a Grammy because it's come from your family.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 4: But let's let's let's get straight into it. Let's talk about the beginning. Akisha kov What what was the first thoughts of you saying I'm going to be a star?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, right, that is a long time ago. Okay, okay, I'm like, wait a minute, No.
Speaker 5: I actually put it in the movie that I did on my life story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when when my mom passed.
Speaker 5: God bless Yeah for sure, Mom, Duke, thank you you did.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Like yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 5: That personality lives, okay, and all of our families you know, from where we're from.
Speaker 1: And it's just like I.
Speaker 5: Think that when I was a little girl and I saw my brothers rapping and them just being influenced and by n w A and like, you know those kind of groups. Yeah, my brother yeah used to be in flu Was Yeah, by n w A and of course Tupac, but you know those things. So when I saw them, me and my me and my best friend at the time, we formed a group like, yeah, we were both rapping and I was singing as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I that's when I first started.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was a little rapper and we used to just write rhymes and stuff like that, and then it just started from that watching our older brothers.
Speaker 5: We were tomboys when we were little, so you know, it was the thing.
Speaker 1: And then I it's got serious.
Speaker 5: Like when I started singing, I was like, oh wait, this is a thing.
Speaker 4: So that's that's that's the that's the part that I'm like, very cure yourself, right, young.
Speaker 1: And how did you transition to singing when you would when you wanted to? She was rhyming in right, Yeah, Well I was, Yeah, I was. I was rapping and then also singing the hook. Yep, yeah, it was horrible.
Speaker 5: When we met Tupac, He's like, you're, little lady, this is.
Speaker 1: What we're not going to do this. You're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Be singing and you're gonna stop rapping about weed and being out in the streets.
Speaker 1: What are y'all doing? Know that that was the first we've been doing this for nine years.
Speaker 4: And the way she just said that was so fly because we know when I met Tupac, hold on, hold on, hold on telling children that was the fly ship. I think I've ever heard the way you just said it. So what you're in your neighborhood? Then Tupackets there, how the funk is?
Speaker 1: Was he in Digital Underground?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: We were thirteen thirteen and well, first levels to it. First of all, we went to EMC Hammer, right.
Speaker 1: Hammer That hammer puts you on. Well, Hammer took us there, Yeah, to death Row Records, whoa yeah, lie to you can? I wait, man, I don't understand the time MC hammer when he's on death Throw already, that's what later? Yes, it was around that time. Oh yeah, yeah, when Eric.
Speaker 7: B was on.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that was like a vibe and then yeah, I'm sor I gotta stop you for one second. Please just make some noise. He makes a noise. Misterious, Eric still love me, Eric, love me as a wrapp bro.
Speaker 4: What you just saying is such a fucking dope. I'm just like because by the way, you could google this, right, but hearing you just say that so nonchalant, it's so just the way you go.
Speaker 1: So okay, let me let you take beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Because after Pak passed away and his mom and they all, you know, reached out to me, and thank God for that because Pak promised me he would do a song with me before he left, and to actually come to Fruition was awesome because I always wanted to do a record with him. And so when we did play your cards right, his mom was in the video and that was just so beautiful. My brother was a part of the outlaw scene, and you know, my brother was like, you know, my big brother with him and like, so that was just.
Speaker 1: Like inspirational as well, like you know, so it was I was able to see it see it all the way through. You know, what did you do? You grabbed a bottle and you just did He doesn't drink you got this. He just looked funny.
Speaker 6: There, bro, that's some Dominicans that he was like, wait a minute, wait, so what's the timeline?
Speaker 1: Thirteen fourteen? God at sixteen? Okay? What's going? Okay? So, so is it cool that I drink in front of you?
Speaker 5: Just the reason why I can't drink is because I have a tour coming up. Yeah, I got to make sure i'm you know, the voice, the.
Speaker 1: Focus is right list. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: At some point, I'm going to get you to drink, take a shot something one?
Speaker 1: No, all right? Cool?
Speaker 5: No no no, no, no, no, no, prom God.
Speaker 1: We're good, We're good. It was coming? Is the one though? That right now? Yes?
Speaker 5: And don't just wants to be taking shots? I mean, why is it we didn't get there?
Speaker 1: Oh? You get there?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm not gonna lie to you. I went through discogay and I'm not gonna lie. You just make hits? Do you not know how to make a regular song?
Speaker 5: Well that's why I stopped. They gotta start getting a little regular like like it already sung about all the heartbreak I can sing about? How many different ways can we rewrite this story?
Speaker 1: I'm over it feeling what they did the Keisha man, but they won't stop doing lie to you.
Speaker 4: This is something I really have to ask and this is personal.
Speaker 1: Right. I'm also an artist, right, also been an artist?
Speaker 4: Right, So sometimes you have to go through certain things to do that.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like that's how you have to make music? Okay? My favorite this is maya. This is maya lavender macha what it's lavender matcha.
Speaker 6: It's so good like this, Oh my god, Like this is like the like.
Speaker 1: A larvender lavender marching I have marching tea. Yeah, I make it with heavy cream.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: I have no idea where we're at right now? Oh my god, I'm sorry. It cares bros.
Speaker 4: So so so let me get back to the question. Is great you know, Mary j. There's so many people who have to go through these this pain to make these great music.
Speaker 1: Is that something you feel like?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Really up, man, that's really you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like that got to be a thing that it's like we love you more when your heartbroken because we know that you feel it, like well, I mean my mama, my dad, my dog of fourteen years past, I lost my boyfriend. I mean like so I guess I should write some music like no, but not no, you're not heal. I'm not doing it like I don't. I don't, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I mean the.
Speaker 5: Heartbreak records we got, it's still here in twenty years, twenty year anniversary.
Speaker 1: This year, I'm plug my tour.
Speaker 5: Which we are going on tour for the twentieth anniversary of It is the way it is.
Speaker 1: The way it is, I got it.
Speaker 2: So you know, you know why he's sitting here right because his heart is broken.
Speaker 1: He need a therapy. Yeah yeah, yeah, my heart is not broken. But I want to hear with you.
Speaker 7: You need to be listen man, Keisha, are you the first artist that had a reality show?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like you're my cousin. I remember the reality.
Speaker 7: Well, what I'm saying is he said the world. Yeah she might be a Z, but I'm just saying, the world knows you like we we feel like we grew up with you. You know your family, uh nepher tity is crazy, Yeah, she's crazy. She's I'm listening to you, Drake, Drake, but I'm just saying, like her, and we just feel that we know your family, like we grew up when.
Speaker 1: You were early on the flavor play right for the love of the flavor flavor. Yeah, but that was dating.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about your family, the Upstdamos.
Speaker 1: Everyone's rinky, right, I kid you not.
Speaker 4: I feel like I knew her, like like like I said, like real, like.
Speaker 1: When y'all argued and y'all talk to me crazy. Yeah, this is I know.
Speaker 4: I'm super super hood. I felt her. Yes, so I did too.
Speaker 5: I understood and as a mother now I understand like I totally did, like how bad it could have been for her and not understanding what that mad had been like for her.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have known.
Speaker 5: But you know, I'm just happy I got to have her as my mom and experience ups and down for her because it really shaped me to.
Speaker 1: Be who I am.
Speaker 5: And you know, I'm appreciative of all the moments, the good, the ups, the downs, the bad, the ugly, you know, the great moments.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So, but as a superstar, right, and I could relate so much in so many different levels.
Speaker 1: But there's certain images that I.
Speaker 4: Tried to protect, right, Oh yeah, but then certain images I can't protect, right, meaning, this is just it just is what it is. This is just my family.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean that was the whole conversation. It was like like I was talking to other artists that I won't say no name, but they be like, yo, you don't have to go and do that.
Speaker 1: You don't got to put your family on TV.
Speaker 5: Like you already making a name for yourself in the music business, you know, Like I had already dropped my album when The Way It Is the reality show came out. But I was like still, like I know how it feels to be that girl that is in the hood that don't really have much to look up to are inspired by. So I wanted to be that inspiration that you don't. I mean no disrespect to nobody, because everybody get their thing the way they get they thing, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But like some people, I mean not built like that, Like you know, you ain't got to do certain things to get what you want, Like you can put that work in and really go out there and make that music and like like use your voice, use your talent. That was my whole thing. I wanted to be that. I mean, of course, everything can turn on you, you.
Speaker 6: Know, like people will be like, oh, yeah, well that your mom is this shit that yeah, and they make jokes about it, but I slapped.
Speaker 1: Those people in the hood like I don't give a fuck, like you get your ass beat, like if you talk to mother, like.
Speaker 5: But like yeah, like but but you know, I mean, but thankfully, like my mom was there for me, both my parents who know my my foster mother as well, my foster father, my brothers, my sisters, everybody came together, everybody got paid.
Speaker 1: It was a thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie to you, and I'm gonna say this. You don't have to say this, but I feel like the Kardashian stole everything from you. Oh shit, because I feel like you were you were you were actually you were like like when I'm watching you and I'm watching this, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yo, And then in my opinion.
Speaker 4: They kind of did that same type of thing. You don't have to say this, because I'm not scared.
Speaker 5: Of nobody in this world, but I will say this and shout out to the Kardashians and Christianner and all those people over there that and I know a few of them actually personally. But my thing is is what I love to see as a family coming together and staying together and not tearing each other down. That was one of our downfalls of the way it is. And no matter what I tried to do to bring our family together, I pray that one day I'll be rich so I can put all my sisters and brothers in one household.
Speaker 1: Bad idea that was that, don't.
Speaker 5: Do it your sibling and what goddamn house? No, but it was, I mean it was fun, but then it was like, you know, I mean, think about that, your brothers and sisters. I was a child and I just had great hopes for me and my brothers and sisters because we were adopted, you know, all of us.
Speaker 1: So sticking together is a thing, you.
Speaker 5: Know, because one thing you will not see the Kardashians do, it's to each other down.
Speaker 4: Well, well, I'm gonna tell you something, Keisha. Right now, if you look around, that was my son's, my my brother in law, my mother, excuse me, my my my nephews, my my friends, everyone is here, and I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something that you don't know. You showed that family.
Speaker 4: Camaraderie and guess what, So, just in case you don't know, we learned that from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, I wish you goodbody. I mean, you put it on display and you you you wasn't a shamed I.
Speaker 5: Wanted it to be. I wanted us to I wanted us to really grow together. I really wanted my mom to get healthy. I wanted my family to be healthier. I wanted us to go through, you know, some growth in front of everybody's eyes.
Speaker 1: That was my whole goal.
Speaker 5: And once I saw that that goal was not going to be reached during that time, I just it's time to stop.
Speaker 1: Not at the height. Everybody was pissed. Wait a minute, which you make it the most?
Speaker 6: It does not? Like no, Yeah, everybody was pierced that.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, no, no more shows, no more, We're not no until everybody really.
Speaker 1: Definitely everybody was the producers. Everybody was mad. This is where the Mother DIDs gets good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well no, not people that are trying to get better. So let's let that happen first and then you know, we can continue.
Speaker 1: But that didn't work out. So did the music suffer during that time too? No?
Speaker 5: I think what suffered is the fact that there were a lot of bad things said about me and my fans are from where I'm from, so to have siblings say things bad about you.
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 5: Put a kind of damper on my fans and how they felt about me. But God is the greatest and I'm still here twenty years later, so none of that really matters. I mean, during that time, though, it really was really painful for me because I really thought my fans knew me better than to be anything but supportive and loving and con and understanding my family. But you know, it don't necessarily always go like that. And the whole point of the matter was to make sure that the girls out there in the hood and every hood across the United States of America, maybe even overseas while I'm talking like, you know, to get that that was the that.
Speaker 1: Was the point, and that was the point.
Speaker 5: So God gave me more than I could ask for, and I feel thankful and grateful that I'm still twenty years later singing the songs that I wrote.
Speaker 1: And that's a big deal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is me talking, right, and this is me from a pure fan point of view, that from a hood guy.
Speaker 1: And I have to be careful. The way I worded this, Mary was like, oh, please be careful the way you were. You know where I'm going.
Speaker 2: No Okay, she's might just sick of here and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Mary was like the queen of like was no, not was excuse me? Thank you? Thank you you corrected me.
Speaker 4: I don't know, beef and now like like you're when when it comes to the hood, like you're the queen do you actually?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm her sister ship Like.
Speaker 5: That's the way it goes, like yeah, just loved one for real, Like I love Mary man and I'm so thankful that, like even the strength, that's what inspired me about Mary. I studied her streps, like because you can't get away from marry you thought you blew her. She so yeah, very yeah about no game you know. So so let me ask you. Because they always say you don't want to meet your idols.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do say that a lot.
Speaker 5: I met people that I really damn it, why like why you gotta be this way?
Speaker 1: Just say just you just real comfortable.
Speaker 4: I've met people that I loved, yes, and was so disappointed.
Speaker 5: Disappointed man, man, man, she's so sad. But you know, people are on there and on individual past, and you never know what they went through to them, not even just that, but just who who they are and what what it took to get where they are and what shaped.
Speaker 1: And molded them.
Speaker 5: I don't know, you know, So I try to be respectful to everybody, Like you know, I ain't gotta like you.
Speaker 1: I can still listen to your music, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like it's people that I really was probably slapping sh it out off if I really seen them and it was on that type of hype with me, I might it might be a fight, and I've overcome that, but if it, if it got there, I probably would, you know what I'm saying, Like, I would try not to do that because I'm a parent, like I have kids. But you know, there are people that you know, but I could still listen to their music. I can still enjoy it.
Speaker 4: The artists from the person, Yes, the person, Yes, I've learned hard to do.
Speaker 1: No, I've learned to do that. You good, You're good.
Speaker 6: But beautiful thing, beautiful thing, beautiful thing, man, shit from heaven, beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Where was you at in your life to say that?
Speaker 5: I was on my sophomore album and they told me I couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: What sophomore what they call it? The Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it was the second one and I was like, that's when they had told me they got a song that they wanted me to do play cards right for his album that was coming out, And I wrote that and sent from Heaven Heaven sent in the same session. Mm hmmm, that was the same session.
Speaker 1: I get this money, you know.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand so so so so the label said don't go with send for Heaven.
Speaker 5: They said, don't go with let it go. They didn't like they didn't they didn't like.
Speaker 1: Let it go at all. Yeah, we had to put our own money in to let it go.
Speaker 4: Wow, I needn't happened give out beings in the media.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you. That's no.
Speaker 5: That wasn't Jimmy. It actually wasn't. It was some radio people. They just didn't she might have retired.
Speaker 1: Actually maybe I can.
Speaker 5: And said, okay, step Step, yeah, Step, I love step by the way, hey, Step I love you.
Speaker 1: He did coming out.
Speaker 5: Because I mean I went through a lot of records with them, you know, and and Garnet and all them. Man shout out to that game, yeah man.
Speaker 1: All of them.
Speaker 5: That really was like, no, she gonna be one of them, and that's it, like going there.
Speaker 1: It was lit. But that let it go. They just did not. They didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I love Missy Elliott, what are you talking about? Kim was on there, shout out to Kim, who's joining the tour the twentieth anniversaries.
Speaker 1: Eventually they let it go. Well, she invested in her. Yeah, we had to put my head.
Speaker 4: Yeah wait a minute minute, you put your own money in Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean just because it's kind. But I'm saying that through the wires. Didn't believe in it. Remember, we weren't for the Street Team. So he did the street team call himself saying he did the white label himself, and he called everybody up and did the whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But by that point, we had been through so many Chicken Chitlin circuits, been through all the streets, so it's like, you know, we know everybody at that point, just gonna hand it to him and tell them.
Speaker 4: Run the circuit the chicken certain Listen, by the way, hold on, hold on, hold on for all of y'all that don't know the chitling circuit. When you have to go and perform every single night.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: I'm like I've been telling people all day who's been hanging out with me. I now know the algorithms of life. I didn't know that back then. Like right now, if I was to drop an album, I would drop it in thirty markets. I wouldn't drop it in the fifty two states. Is fifty two states, I wouldn't drop it. I would dropping it in.
Speaker 1: The thirty markets. Uff on radio, I'm talking about radio. I'm talking about I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if you dropping on DSPs everywhere, what the is DSP.
Speaker 1: You get wait to.
Speaker 6: Ago for sure, But then but then we don't have the little local you know, record stoes.
Speaker 1: No more than do you remember meeting greets? Remember meeting greets?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's where that's where I met Big Yeah, meet and Greek Oakland.
Speaker 1: I wanted to sing. I want to sing? He said, yeah, okay, okay, it's so cool. Was the Big Ones cool? This is?
Speaker 4: This is the cooler story. Wait a minute. So you went to a meet and greet. Big is at the meet and greet. You're there as a fan?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, they used to have meet and Greece all the time.
Speaker 6: There, you know, that's where that's how like I started.
Speaker 5: With the local mom and post, the record store and meet and greets, you know that everywhere, like yeah, until target. Then we start going to target target.
Speaker 1: Talking up they did no, no, no, yeah, yeah no.
Speaker 4: Now we're gonna get you hype right now because we're gonna play a game. This is the game that we always play on this drink drinking. This is the shot drink shot game. Yeah yeah, but by the way, you don't have to drink at all.
Speaker 1: This is drink. Bless you, thank you, Like because you would pick somebody else, I feel like you don't not really feeling brother was here, it would be cool. What's your brother? My brother's with my son right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's being a good he's been a good brother, good uncle.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna drink for you today.
Speaker 6: I was like about that.
Speaker 1: Are you cool with him being kick him out? No, no, no, he's not. He's not obligating here. I'm curious.
Speaker 4: The only one that you can drink from that's also that that's a great guy.
Speaker 1: That guy right there, that's shout.
Speaker 5: Don't think Alicia want to drink from me. I don't think you want to drink from me?
Speaker 1: Right You're taking here, all right?
Speaker 4: So okay, so you're gonna keep with the you wanna.
Speaker 8: All right, yeah, all right, all right, So these are the rule I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do real shots. We're gonna get two choices.
Speaker 1: I ain't fireball, is it? No? No, no, God, bless you, God, bless you.
Speaker 6: God shot that one time.
Speaker 1: It's not two choices. Two choices, you pick one and we don't drink.
Speaker 2: But if you say both are neither, like you don't want to really answer the question, Okay, then we then that's when we drink the shot.
Speaker 1: And by the way, don't feel sorry for us, Yes, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: And these choices to bring up memories of anything, anybody bring up stories.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, it's the fun stuff. Are you ready? Yeah? You ready?
Speaker 4: Cause I know she got I knew y'all was gonna go there. By the way, this is Dominican and hate Dominican and the Columbian guys.
Speaker 1: They don't make those questions up.
Speaker 4: So if at any point you don't know you're mad, you could just throw even throw something at them.
Speaker 1: Don't just throw it out.
Speaker 6: There say that, yes, okay, so I would say faith Evans.
Speaker 1: Okay, any backstory, I love face. She's always been supportive.
Speaker 5: She sung backgrounds for me one time on the album, you know, healthy taking care of with that, with that price, and I just I had.
Speaker 1: To please the please.
Speaker 5: She's like my favorite, and she was like all right, I got you, Casey, and she even did a feature for me and I wrote her verse and I, oh my god, just just ecstatic about that. She's been very supportive over the years.
Speaker 4: I love that, but cannot cannot ask something because as rappers, right, it's always frowned upon if.
Speaker 1: I depend somebody's I wrote so many people versus for R and B. Excuse me, calm down.
Speaker 4: I wrote so many you said, choruses like I've always like you got in the studio and not just like all right, cool, let me let me make this chorus. And no one's never I've never done that. And R and B is that frowned upon?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I mean I wrote Monica's verse on trust and that was just that was a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's more prevalent than R and B.
Speaker 2: That's why you write a lot of your own material, because most R and B is being written for the art right.
Speaker 1: And I wish I could write for other artists. I would that would be let me ask you this, has any artists ever wrote for you? Yes?
Speaker 5: Actually my brother Elijah Blake, who's actually going on tour with.
Speaker 1: Me and opening up. He wrote Enough of.
Speaker 5: No Love the Woman, Little Wayne, and he's an artist himself, very talented, very talented.
Speaker 1: Are we making some noise for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah? On broad talk to him brother other Okay, all.
Speaker 8: Right, Next up, Alicia keys Are Beyonce, Alicia Keyser Beyonce.
Speaker 4: Damn, I'm very this is going on you because I'm scared. I'm so scared.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay. You don't have to be scared. It's okay, it's not.
Speaker 5: No. I would have to say Beyonce because when I was in Oakland and I was actually Dwayne Wiggins from Tony, Tony, Tony, I have anywhere to go, Rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Dwayne Wiggins love you so much.
Speaker 5: And he allowed me to stay in the studio and work on my music, and he had actually worked with Destiny's Child and.
Speaker 1: His wife let me.
Speaker 5: Get a job at her coffee shop, and she would tell me stories about Beyonce and how focused she was and how.
Speaker 1: She didn't date no boys and she wasn't she.
Speaker 5: Wasn't like that and that if I wanted to make it in the business, that I had to I had to really study that.
Speaker 1: And it's like not getting ships and yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And focused on that because that that ain't gonna help you make it. And I was like, all right, cool, So I would study Beyonce for sure, Like I was like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. It was my thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Desney's child was my thing. So I would have to say Beyonce that. But I love Alisha, but I love Alicia. But I love Alicia, but she was more.
Speaker 1: She played keys and pianos and like instrument I didn't know. I do none of that shit. I ain't know how to do that.
Speaker 4: But you knew how to make us love you with your death. Like I'm looking at let me tell you something. I'm just listening to your music. And I was happy.
Speaker 1: Sad at the same time. Oh yeah, it's definitely bipolar. Definitely bipolar. It has got to be bipolar, because I'm not a song that you can say is a true happy song.
Speaker 5: It's always some kind of hurt leading up to a little bit happy.
Speaker 1: I loved it. It's like that's what it's called. Just a little bit by Polar all right, I'm embarrassed. Did you know Underground Tupac or Death Row Tupac? No? I think that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going with.
Speaker 1: Version. But which version of park did you prefer? Dang the Death Road Pop got him. No, I'm gonna go with the before before, before before. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that. I'm not gonna lie with Brenda's got a baby.
Speaker 5: I preferred him to stay around, all.
Speaker 4: Right, So, so, by the way, get a problem, I'll see why you're saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 4: I've never met Tupac, period, and I've been in the game for twenty five years. I've never met him. What was the difference? Because you met both of them?
Speaker 1: Right? No, No, you didn't meet I met Death, I didn't meet Digital Underground Pop.
Speaker 4: Oh you didn't meet the African No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no no? But did we did wear that? That that one chain and everybody's.
Speaker 1: Wearing that time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, looked like the Bay Area that. Yeah, I'm sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's okay because she's so.
Speaker 4: You didn't meet that version of so you only meant that. Yeah, I wanted to meet him so bad, but.
Speaker 5: I just clowned him when I met him, it was like it was a good there was a good vibe.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've never heard. I definitely told him his feet stink. I was saying it because you have your shoes on.
Speaker 5: They used to wear all the time, the goddamn but she's with no socks on. So he was trying to like, big up, walk through the be all big. I was like, your feet probably think.
Speaker 4: He was like, wait a minute, what.
Speaker 1: You know how he took it off, but he didn't like make a big deal out of it.
Speaker 4: But you actually said to Tubac your feet probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably do. That's hard. They probably do.
Speaker 9: I feel like at the next question, either, okay, hold off, slim, I've never worked.
Speaker 1: Harder at this.
Speaker 4: We've been trying to get two box stories forever. But I don't think what ever came close to you knowing Tubac in a way that no one else.
Speaker 1: Show and stories about crazy. Yeah, Ashanti Rihanna, Oh damn no, I would.
Speaker 5: I only because I think me and re recame congratulations to being a billionaire, shout out to.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: But when I was in the hood and it was like, if you want to make it in the business, you gotta be listening to a Shanti, I'm like, what, I'm in the back of the.
Speaker 4: Both would you know?
Speaker 1: It's like so I would I would have to pick a Shawnte.
Speaker 5: Because I feel like you picked both well I mean yeah, I mean, but.
Speaker 1: We're trying to something billionaire figured it out. She cracked the cold All let's go Mary J. Blige or Brandy. Why would you do that? Yeah? By the way, I told you that.
Speaker 4: It's the Colombian and the Dominican right there. Because if you want to throw a monster energy drink at them, it's okay the story, they know the move, they know the move.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna have to say both.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to I'm gonna happy women want to drink? Yeah, no, cap are y'all really drinking though, because I you want to smell? Want to make sure that it's real drinks? Yes, yes, you can have the Mama Huna. Nobody ever wantaka. Where is the Louis the thirteenth?
Speaker 5: See next time I'll come back after the tour, We're gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to have Louis shot.
Speaker 4: Listen, let me just tell you something. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: Let me take my drinks what he's saying, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: Is like.
Speaker 4: They told me Keisha Cole is a legendary drinker when she drinks.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, well I like I like shots to patron tequila.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to tell you about a day I met you. Oh sh oh, this is good.
Speaker 4: I met you in club Mansion. Do you remember here? My wife was with me, and you were so saucy.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how. Let me tell you, Michael, let me tell how drunk you was.
Speaker 7: No, was not.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be no. This is in club Mansion. You were, you were, You was inside.
Speaker 1: Outside with Joe's wife Lorena Renna, that's why. And you let me tell you how saucy. I remember that night. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: You were so saucy that you made me sober because I was like They was like, oh no.
Speaker 1: Even Joe was like, yo, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: Hey Na, yeah, we are like.
Speaker 4: But Joe, I'm gonna be honest with you. It made me so happy. Other drunk people, they said.
Speaker 1: I was like one of the famous. He never forget.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm such a big fan of you, my whole family. By the way, I just let me just want to let you know, we've been doing this for nine years. It has never been this many family members. This is my real family.
Speaker 1: Coming coming out. That's never one time. She was like.
Speaker 4: She yelled at me. She definitely spit in my eyes to this era. And I was like, I don't get that's my daughter. But I ain't gonna lie to you. I just want you to know you are the queen. Oh okay, I went too far. Yea, yeah, there's a queen's.
Speaker 1: Queens.
Speaker 4: This queen's before her. Well, right now you are holding down the R and B queen and that I'm gonna give you that man funk that ship. It's me saying you can even sit I can be like, okay, that's Nor said, yes what Nor? He knows it, knows it, and excuse me, drink champs.
Speaker 1: You know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: This is a shot for no reason. We are okay, you know what, We know you humble, and we know you're about to be on your tour and you He was like, she's about to be. We want, in our opinion, the queen of R and B. Right now as we sit here, it's Keisha, just okay, can.
Speaker 6: We just switch okay, because I would say, okay, so what marriage?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Just good? Queen up? Hip hop? Hip hop is soul, hip hop and soul, and I was just continue, I want you to continue. Her soul is like YO, like that like she but she was also so hip hop.
Speaker 5: See that's where I feel like I come in at right, because I'm hip hop.
Speaker 1: And R and B right, I think like.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I mean, it's gonna slap the ship out of me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: But like I think she is. I think she is hip hop and soul. So what did we I feel like, I mean, she's in white. Didn't she get inducted into the Hall of Fame? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: We respect them, yo, So I think that that's that soul vibe.
Speaker 4: But right now, I'm gonna be honest with you. I think that she will respect the fact that you are.
Speaker 1: She'd give you your dudes, is what he's saying. I don't think she's hating. I'm gonna be honest. I don't think. I don't think so either.
Speaker 5: But I think she worked pretty damn hard in this business over these years as you have.
Speaker 1: And we have to show you your flowers.
Speaker 4: You see those flowers right there, because I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: Sat there, I listen to your music, and I was so happy. I was like, damn, you got a hit? After a hit, can you not make a head record? I hope I can make another one. Yes, thank you so much. I really hope. So, I really hope. So I hope it doesn't start with pain.
Speaker 5: I hope that it keeps going into a happiness that I can sing about.
Speaker 4: And once I said, I said, I said, we got to keep your call on the joint, like ask her out with when she was dancing on stage?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is going to happen when you dance? Dance? When I have to die with like five things?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Wait, what goddamn shit, what's the problem? What was the It was a little big, I mean, I think so, I think, maybe just a tad bit too at what is it you mute?
Speaker 6: And it was cute and it was seven thousand dollars, eight thousand dollars of something like they're probably gonna it's probably more than that.
Speaker 1: There's probably about ten or something like that. Plus I had to have on the sock.
Speaker 6: Anyway, it was a nice look, that's what I thought, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And I liked it.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, there's gonna be times that I feel like my fans are people in general don't like what someone has on. But it was like, you know, at the end of the day, as long as I'm happy and I'm wearing what I want to wear, Like, if the mic is off, then we got a problem.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If you got something to say about the way I'm singing or something like that, cool, I could take that constructive criticism.
Speaker 1: But about my appearance and the way I want to look, you can't do that. Like, that's not I mean you can if you want to. You feel good.
Speaker 6: It's gonna mean anything's gonna change. So it's like, listen, I still got it. I might.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure I'm gonna wear it again. Yeah, like them about it because it was a little diaper no, men, wasn't plaining at all. It was a little booty outright, get something going on. Let's take it to the bay. Forty or too short? You got to take a shot?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, me and short work together a few times, so I'm gonna say show choked, okay, But I love forty. I love forty shot support that they both came out my last tour.
Speaker 1: So let's say yeah, let's say both. Let's say yeah, by the way, because I don't even lie. Carlas Rossi is the thing, you know what I'm saying. And they both Dreams alumni. So we're gonna do both. We like that, not the a lot of you do. Y'all smell this weed and I'm smoking, Yes, I do it smell like not sharing with nobody's going there. This is Lisa.
Speaker 5: Allright, Michael Jackson or Prince Michael Jackson, our prince, rest in peace to the goats man, rest in peace. I gotta put y'all got to take a shot out of respect. Y'all can't be doing that. I mean, y'all gonna start filling it up with juice.
Speaker 4: I know it.
Speaker 1: There's no way that y'all gonna take all these shots. I was already done that. And you're gonna smell my shot? What is it? Mama? They make it, they make you want to smell. Yeah, it's some scary ship. We're going to make water water. Don't fuck it arguing here, it's gonna be a problem. And did we picked Yeah yeah, Trina Eve, Oh definitely, damn damn that's tough. I work with both of them too. Yeah. Man, they both showed me love. Man, damn it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all gonna have to drink, so trying to get no I'm being honest, I promise, all right.
Speaker 1: N w A or the Looneyes, Oh my god, that is just rude.
Speaker 4: It's not sounding good. Told you just that dominicanting the Columbian over there.
Speaker 1: They trying to get y'all drunk, not me. Yeah, they was trying to get you drunk. Drink. Yeah, that's the game. Yeah. Oh, because I'm supposed to drink. If I say oh okay, it doesn't count. But now I'm gonna be up all night tweakets. Okay, so I'm gonna take both both both. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
Speaker 5: Because I grew up to n w A and Boom the lone Eies. I got five on it and I don't even smoke.
Speaker 4: Your But I'm gonna be honest. You should have picked them the w A. It's no way I grew up.
Speaker 1: I'm from Oakland, that's right, Oakland legends. Man, that's my people too. Yeah, no, they legends. I've been having five on it for long. Yeah, okay, come on all the Bay or la. Oh, Jude, Now that's not nice. That is really rude.
Speaker 3: That is really you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean tell me I go back to la that's really rude. Fox. That was the best answer. She said, that's really rude. That's not cool. Bro, Damn twenty first twenty years in Oakland. M hm. She's got a lot of money in l A. I got a lot of life in l A as well. I gotta pour up again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dang, they gonna kick my ass if I try to go back to Oakland.
Speaker 1: No, you're gonna pick l A. You're gonna pick l A, pick l A.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, it's both of Oakland. Yeah, I gotta be respectful it. Just go and take an l somewhere. Somebody gonna come out the cut B.
Speaker 6: That's for l A.
Speaker 1: That's for Oakland. Oh ship, So we'll save you that both even when both get my ass. You ain't pick Oakland. Oh man, Oakland. But you say in Oakland, it's too late. We already already kept okay, Damn. All right, R and B singers or rappers. Oh, this is like which individuals that you come up did you prefer her to interact with? It is a true question okay, dombling, Okay, so it's what I'm said. I didn't drink because feel like.
Speaker 5: I'm cheering up. Okay, this is funny. I'm gonna have to go with my.
Speaker 1: Rm B love birds. I respect that. Yeah, I'm sorry, I respect that. Sorry. I love my R and B system. And I don't know if this will apply to her, but digital or analog, she's both? Who like you? You never have to record on reel to reel? Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: So did you prefer that or straight digital? People were sending tracks to each other or they had to be in the studio with you?
Speaker 5: I mean that sound is so much different though, it's so so much better on the A track, I mean, not the tracks, the apex or whatever they call it.
Speaker 1: Digit Yeah, a tape, Dad feel to it? It did.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna I'm gonna choose that like first album, little Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your favorite, and I need a record. Way don't even know if I still make a record. I'm gonna make one.
Speaker 1: But she comes back and she drinks with us, and then we're gonna have the studio right there. You don't want to want to be drinking and singing. That's not a before you start drinking record and then we yea you sing first, you never sing and drink. Never sing and know that deal.
Speaker 4: I've been I've been promoting that forever he has does not drink when he wraps. You don't don't like the way you broke you know, real life though life?
Speaker 1: What does the norwego? And yes, called by I said, collect it's gonna be. That's not to sponsored period. You know we always thinking about money. But do you now I know this, this is this is a side question. Do you understand how much of a legend you are? Say? Yes, that being so humble, She's humble, he's very very decades.
Speaker 5: I mean I would say that. People will always say I forget who I am. I don't know what that means, that you forget who you are, remember who you are? Like, I don't think I forgot. I really just think that I'm who I am, like I came straight from where I'm from, and I'll never forget it because you can always go back.
Speaker 1: So you give me yourself grounded.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's even being grounded, it's just being who you are, truly, genuinely who you are. Genuine Yeah, it'll get you hurt heartbroken. But God handles it every time.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Thank you God. Amen, Like we got a clapping heart broken. Yes, we're almost done with quick time. Two more yeah, because this is a very serious one. Okay, before he rewinds or after he rewinds. Wait, wait times out wait, pay my face. I saw this. I saw this. You got three no, no, no idea. I saw this. I saw this, And my thing is is, so everybody's doing it right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great, but I'm saying, like everybody's doing it all about them?
Speaker 1: Sell the old grades to I'm up fast forward times. It's fast forward time. I like that though, thank you, because that's a that's the thing. You're just sitting in that You're just sitting and I'm not there yet. He want the bag.
Speaker 5: But seriously, like timberlaind right, everybody rewind it period.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at it. I'm not mad at it. Do what makes you happy. If that's what makes you feel better, do it. Don't stop. So you're saying, both, wait.
Speaker 4: Your man, you are sitting there and your man is in the bathroom, are you judging him? Like?
Speaker 1: What are you like? He like, Yeah, so I did it?
Speaker 6: Wait, I mean, does it for me, Beijing is the thing that was the original was the question?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please?
Speaker 5: Okay, So say my man is another room and he's coloring his hair, but rewind.
Speaker 1: Man is in another room and I wonder he comes back and.
Speaker 5: You can see that there's no hair there, but clearly it's shiny black.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, what is that Beijing or is it rewind? Which one is it? That's what it is? Yes, we want don't rewind because if you got to have a shiny thing, if I'm saying, is shiny like you know, like your man is not doing it the right way? We wind it's the right that's the right way because whining it's light. You got here. That's cool, thank you, that's fine that we want it's fine. But I think you said both.
Speaker 4: To take a shot, wanted to drink story you're just making him drink for no reason.
Speaker 1: Period. All right, last question give the you know the last one. You know the beautiful very much. Not last question of the interview person. Loyalty or respect, respect.
Speaker 5: Because I think that brings loyalty respect, But like d MXID, you gotta know what you're dealing with it. You gotta trust a snake.
Speaker 1: To be a snake to be a snake.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he got trust a thief to be a Hello, you're gonna respect you as you.
Speaker 1: Is on our show. Yeah, that was one of the goodest. So she really said, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna drink respect a lot of making a drink.
Speaker 6: To be loyal as to who they are, Like they're going, yeah that shut up.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met No?
Speaker 7: You never?
Speaker 1: No, I wish never been. You guys would have got along really well.
Speaker 6: We were supposed to do a session, but he never showed up. I was really sad about that.
Speaker 7: I'm really sad, show up, show up.
Speaker 1: I'm sad.
Speaker 4: The last two weeks of his life. He was with me almost every single day, really six weeks. Oh yeah, he's with me every single day. And I was messing with him because it's known that DMX would never show up when you when you were like you ask him.
Speaker 1: So I did it.
Speaker 4: It's only one place that I did it at in this Billy's And I'm made sure. D MX came every day every day, And he came every day, but I was just bothering him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, show Yeah. I was showing up for his record. I need to hear this. It was a record for him. Yeah, it was a record for him. Yeah, and I showed up to do the record and he never showed up. Did you end up doing the vocals for the record.
Speaker 5: I don't think. I didn't think he really wanted. I was like, I was like, if he didn't show up, I mean, I don't know, didn't want to do. I was like, okay, it was like at the beginning, kind of.
Speaker 1: Like my career too. So it's like second album type ship.
Speaker 5: That would have been awesome though, because I love the song with Aliah, Like, I love that record.
Speaker 1: I went to. I went to see DMX one time. Yeah, I want to know, thanks, but no thanks.
Speaker 4: So I ain't gonna I hate telling this story because it's crazy. So I went to see DMX. DMX called me for fifteen times, he said, come see me. I went to go see him and as I walked in, he walked out with a leah.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, how do I stop this? Wait? They were dated? Huh wait? Wait what just happened? Yeah? Oh it was at the movie thing. Oh right, you don't know. Okay, let's let's go back to this. Okay. So yeah, because have you ever thought about having your own podcast?
Speaker 2: No? I think based on everything we talked about the reality show. That's actually the next progression for you in a sense.
Speaker 1: Wow, family, it's just you, it's just you now. You said you would never do another reality show anything. You would never do another reality No, no, no, hell no. It's a big no.
Speaker 6: No no no.
Speaker 1: It broke up my marriage and broke up my family. It's a bad deal. They some ship up. Yeah, yeah, real bad.
Speaker 6: That neither I mean, but I write songs, so songs are awesome. Got it about coming out?
Speaker 1: I do got a song.
Speaker 7: One question, what was it like, because we didn't say this, what was it like the first time you ever.
Speaker 1: Went mm hmm, I love that ship. That's a great question. Platinum gold. You skipped the whole.
Speaker 7: With God.
Speaker 1: It was like I was lit, just you. You had to go single. I had a good album after I performed.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I mean with the first album and went when I did the BT Awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then the numbers went up.
Speaker 5: I was on tour with Kanye and Tanation Fantasia yep, and I was opening up for them, Wow, and then it went gold.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, nice, yes, thank you God. I am never going back to dumbling. Okay, I know what's platinum?
Speaker 5: Platinum was just man, now I got to do it again, plain Gary. It was cool, go but it's like okay, okay, I could do this. And then Platinum was.
Speaker 1: Like can you do it again? Okay, don't dun dun du. And then I did it again, So there you girl. I did like, come on, man, that's what all stars do. It was like, ten, listen, I can stay with you all. No, like, I really enjoyed this environment coming drink. I don't think drinking would be the same. Okay, what do you mean? I like it's sober either way. You just told you. I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 5: It's not about no no, no, no no, Saucy is really it's not a good look. Yeah, I get I get back to open.
Speaker 1: It's but I want to we always. I want you to know this. We will always celebrate you. Thank you. You deserve it. We want to give you your flowers.
Speaker 4: We want to make sure that you understand and you know how much you mean to our community.
Speaker 1: To our society, and to our lifestyle. Lesson, give it up.
Speaker 4: I want to look at you and I want you to know that. And I know you had a heart out at six o'clock and I was so scared. I was so scared because the one thing that I want to do, and I want to make sure that you, your people and everybody know that you deserve to be celebrated. You deserves your flowers.
Speaker 1: You deserve.
Speaker 4: Let me just tell you something, and I wanted to reiterate this, that's the most shut.
Speaker 1: I want you to look around. I want you to look around.
Speaker 4: I want you to look around, and you might think, but everybody here is actually my family. Really, this is my real family. And let me just tell you something related or not. They've been around me so long and they care because they want to meet Kesha mother.
Speaker 1: Right, No, that's serious. Look look look all right, Look I don't believe it. I appreciate it. I do love anybody ever said that, But that was hard. Are you a foodie?
Speaker 10: Yes, like Carbone, I haven't been the carb on you. The house fires at l A.
Speaker 1: Hang out in l A.
Speaker 4: So alright, so what's your what's what's what's what's your favorite restaurant in l A?
Speaker 6: Moon Shadows was like right, shadow that was right down street.
Speaker 1: From my house.
Speaker 4: It burned down because of the melorable fires. Okay, now you know understand that I'm a foodie. Okay, let's continue. Okay, shadows cools like boats and down. But sol Hose.
Speaker 1: Was in Soho House downstairs from so Horse. Oh, I've never been to Soho House. I've never been to so Horse. You didn't even realize that bo was there's Oh my god. I don't like anything really small portion like that. Yeah, you know, we want to eat some real we're getting real now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I And it's not cool because I want to members, you know, but I don't like to like small portions like that.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't I'm not what am I getting out of that little little for a long time. You don't need a lot of food. Okay, put your drink. I'm just saying you don't.
Speaker 2: You don't even know.
Speaker 1: Okay, security, my security. No, he's a food. That's my that's my that's money. Every food eminem come on, yes, my last come up a little. Yeah, he had moms, So I need one more before you get out of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, just those zooming in my eyelash one and I have one and that half. I'm gonna know it's personal.
Speaker 1: More so God is calling him. No, God, I am ready now that you're about to have the best.
Speaker 4: Performance of your life. What meal are you gonna eat? I don't like this conversation, you know, I don't like it neither.
Speaker 1: No, your actually okay, you perform. I got this is very simple for me. Okay, So so what's.
Speaker 2: That? Is it?
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna rewind my time. I'm gonna go to.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: So God is actually the same thing.
Speaker 4: You don't have to rewind nothing, but he's actually yoo, not your last mail, but a meal that you have to go to work.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm trying to kill I'm trying to kill it. Not the last not the last summer, the supper that you have to save the world. Okay, like that, because love, you're gonna save the.
Speaker 4: World, all right, this is this meal that you got to save the world. Okay, boy, what is Keisha eating.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to call somebody Grandma to make me some Thanksgiving that's also good? That is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, morney and cheese and green and then we can do it like that because that's the only thing that's gonna keep you really.
Speaker 1: Not listen.
Speaker 7: Weekend, Sonny, Keish learned something maybe she didn't, but.
Speaker 1: We have to listen. I'm sorry, I love you, Sonny. This is the table. What was it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: What did you learn period from working with Missy and Kim? That's it? He asked, what ask you questions? What what did you learn from that?
Speaker 7: That was the BUW record and they didn't want the record, Like you said, you have to put your own money into the record.
Speaker 1: Records.
Speaker 5: When miss comes on the show, I'm putting the word out there that this is the safe environment.
Speaker 1: Absolutely that word out there.
Speaker 5: So when you went back to come up here, asked her the same question that you're asking me. Because I freestyle let it go in the studio, and what I learned Missy was laying down, she gets sorry, she had a migraine and she was laying there and I was in the studio freestyle and all these different melodies, and she said.
Speaker 1: That's it right there. Tell her that's it right there.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I was just freestyling, Like I just wasn't even She said, no, you got the melody. Now come out here and write the song. I have freestyle the first verse, the second verse, and what's done with it? Like I didn't realize that you trust yourself going there and if you know that's the vibe you know it sounds good and trust yourself, like I didn't even realize that.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you this might be a dumb question when you say freestyle is the same for R and B as it is for rappers, Like you're freestyle singing.
Speaker 1: Just off the.
Speaker 5: Tuell that was on Death Row Records. She taught me how to freestyle sing.
Speaker 1: And some tracks live like that, like you frees them.
Speaker 5: I freestyled a few on the on the way it is, Yo, wow, love what you had my back. I freestyled that and Dwayne Wiggams was in the studio.
Speaker 1: That's it right.
Speaker 5: I was like, yo, I got to learn how to trust myself. But I'd be needing people in the studio with me this say that's it right there, Like I keep going and going going. I freestyle loved the chorus of it. I thought I messed up, but I love it was it was like my voice cracked. They said, no, your boys did not go in there. No, I'm not recording that.
Speaker 10: That was not good, Like no going there and seeing that that's dope.
Speaker 1: All right, that's my favorite. It was imperfection. Always been mad at I'm like, who what did they do? To her who was that guy?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I had a lot of questions for y'all two, but it's good. I know you got to go. But if you have a question before. We just love the podcast.
Speaker 6: I think it's awesome what you'all doing.
Speaker 1: I really watched episode. Yeah, patient, I know that. Okay, let me and then we're getting out of here.
Speaker 6: I promise we getting out up here. But how do you keep yourself healthy?
Speaker 5: Because all of this drinking every podcast is insane? I know one time I seen you said, oh yeah, like I'm detoxing and I'm riding a bike.
Speaker 1: I'm going down there. I think it was one time you asked me to come on the podcast. Is maybe a year ago or something like that. That was like, wait, so y'all still drinking on the show, Like how do you do that?
Speaker 5: Because I got friends that actually endorse like alcohol brands, and like, how do you go to the club and you drink on it?
Speaker 1: Like I'm detoxing, I'm taking my You got to talk. You got that balance balance?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because I mean I mean, I mean you and go to the dunt motherfuckers. This show is not about it's actually you know, we drink. We do that about that show is actually about giving people.
Speaker 1: It's not about drink. I love that. It's about you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, luckily you got intoxicated because I probably want to flowers.
Speaker 4: Thank you, like I told you, man, like you know this is this is actually my family, actually my family members and you know, depending on who we like actually like talk to like this is the first time that everyone is like, man, I want to me. She's the cold, Like the people are coming coming to me and they're pulling me to the side. Yes, they're pulling me to the side, and they're like, yo, please, I know this is different.
Speaker 1: You know it's other serious right now, I'm serious. This is that's my son. That's my son.
Speaker 4: That's my son, that's my my my my childhood friend. That's my brother in law. These are old people. They're all sitting back and they're like.
Speaker 1: Yo, this is different. Love, yes, and going around in the world.
Speaker 4: Yes, and this is what we want. Because I have ten thousand more questions.
Speaker 1: But I know that they told me you have.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 1: And you know what, you know what, but but but but let me in this in the real way with a shot. Okay, more if you have more, no kidding, let me in this, Let me in this, in, let me in this in the real way. You are a queen.
Speaker 4: Yes, you are a legend, you are an icon, and you are a person that we're going to continue to salute and respect and celebrate and love every single time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, God, bless you. I think it gets uncomfortable. I think you guys. Let me tell you something. We were so happy. I'm saying we were so happy. Was like, she's she's going to go to our show. He did.
Speaker 4: It's an honor, yes, yeah, yeah, and we would just want to tell you, honor, respect everything you did.
Speaker 1: And I had fifteen more, fifteen thousand more questions. Oh god, but next time, yes, after the yeah, talk about your tour real quick, if you could get yeah, yeah, yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely did. I definitely did. Twentyeth year anniversary starts July first, and we will be going over sea and Kim will be on there. We have Friday, we have jereedm, we have.
Speaker 5: Ah Me and we got a tink O Chicago.
Speaker 1: We got we yep, I said a Marie, And I think that's.
Speaker 6: Yes, we have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, We're doing our thing and I love I love all those artists. I'm super excited to like get on those stages and just promote love, just promote love.
Speaker 1: There you go, guys, let it go.
Speaker 2: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials. It's at drink Champs across all platforms. At the Real Noria go on, I g at Noriega on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, And most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch like go in to drink Champs dot com.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm