Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast, make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Why are the Democrats all show up in arms over what has happened in Minneapolis recently the shooting of the ice interrupter Lady Now, this has become something of a cause out there for the liberal media, for the left, all of them. It's a big deal for them. We will talk to our friend Wilfred Riley about this now. He's the author of Lies. My liberal teacher told me it's a great book. Go get a copy of it.
Speaker 2: Wilfrid. What's happening here?
Speaker 1: It seems like they want to make this a really big thing, but their hearts aren't as in it as when Saint George Floyd was killed.
Speaker 2: So what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, like some of my buddies have been kind of roasting this almost online, like it's harder to get people to riot for middle class white people, and there's an element of cynicism to that, but there's probably also some reality.
Speaker 3: You know, this is.
Speaker 4: Not quite as good as easy, as effective a martyr, you know, in reality, the actual story here is a pretty non sympathetic story, and the actual Jacob Blake and George Floyd's stories weren't necessarily all that sympathetic.
Speaker 3: But I mean, this is a woman that's part of one of these groups.
Speaker 4: I believe this one is ICE Watch that have been following federal agents federal policing operatives around the Twin Cities, trying to stop them basically doing their job. She and her wife get into a confrontation with ICE and I don't know whether she's trying to intentionally hit the agent or not, but there's a guy on foot in front of her suv. She accelerates the suv starts revving it up with him there, and I mean, I think my backgrounds in the law, he obviously has a very reasonable fear for his health, if not his life. He discharges three shots good firearms trail there, and she unfortunately is killed. And I think even that plays a role. A lot of people, whatever they might say publicly, are pretty aware one that this isn't a typical civil rights situation, but also two it's very easily understandable why this happened the way it did.
Speaker 3: So No, I mean, you haven't seen any riots or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have seen a lot of outpouring from public figures. I mean, the way I described the case is pretty accurate. That's what happened in the case. But you've nonetheless seen Tim Walls today he posted to Twitter from her not gravesite, but from the location where she was shot, standing amidst all these flowers and stuffed bears and so on, saying, you have this is a real tragedy.
Speaker 1: Explain this to me if you would, Wilfrid. Why are NBA coaches calling this a murder?
Speaker 2: You had Doc.
Speaker 1: Rivers, Steve Kerry, They're farn of This is like a murder, a horrible, horrible thing. This is the worst thing that they think has happened in America in recent months. Were they speaking out when Charlie Kirk was assassinated by the way, which everyone agreed was a crime. I just like, why do they feel they need to jump in on this if you're if you're wand of Psykes at the not the Oscars, the Golden Globes, all these people they care so much about this, why, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's sort of a tribal ritual. I mean, Dick Hanania who I don't agree with on all issues. But I mean he described some of this from the right what he calls the based ritual, where you're just just showing that you're you're allied to one side. I mean, he critiqued us more than the left actually with this, But you see it all the time with the left, where you're saying that I am a member of the team, I.
Speaker 3: Am a good person.
Speaker 4: Basically, you know, why would you support an illegal immigrant criminal in the first place in any situation as a white radical woman. Well, because you're making a more dramatic statement than you would by just being a regular, everyday, boring feminist, right Like, you're you're showing how wildly you're willing to be, how much of a chance you're willing to give everyone. And I think that's sort of the thing with these people. I mean, what you're saying is that you generally are willing to see the police as the bad guys. You generally are willing to assume the governments and the wrong And I mean the overall one of the messages that a lot of people are giving out when it comes to ice that I think obviously you notice, but that's really like Center on left. The mainstream message in the USA is that we shouldn't be deporting any illegal aliens. So I mean, when you say that this person is in a city where legal and illegal immigrants have ripped off twelve billion dollars, let's not forget that. And I mean her actions are almost certainly illegal. How can you cheer for what's going on here? The context there is, well, she's opposing the bad people that are sending the good people home. I think that's the framework a lot of these people have, you know, I mean, Steve Kerr is not a political expert. I liked him as a sharpshooter for the bulls, but it means you keep his mouth shut about politics. But I think that's what's going on up there.
Speaker 1: If anything is, yeah, it's It's pretty remarkable to me that in some of these you know you mentioned, there haven't been broad scale riots. There's been some some street thuggery, activist stuff in Minneapolis, you know, like they they've gathered outside a hotel where they thought ice was and I think they maybe broke some windows or something. Nothing on the scale of the George Floyd burning down police stations and all that. Of course, that would be on the news twenty four to seven just because the spectacle of it all. So it's a very scale down version of that so far, but it's some of it.
Speaker 2: I saw. We actually talked to this on radio Wilfred.
Speaker 1: They were doing like land acknowledgments at one of these Minnesota approaches before and so I think this is fascinating. So we still have to sit there and be concerned about the rights of I don't know what tribe, you know, like Algonquin or something. I don't know who's up there in Minnesota. Maybe, yeah, there were you know about this stuff. I'd have to think I'm better at the southern tribes I live in Florida. Better at the southern tribes. I don't know as many of the northern I'd say, like Sue maybe or anyway Dakota, but Lakota Dakota. So they're doing those and yet we're not allowed to enforce laws in a country that has a massive welfare state and resources that are given to those because of their physical presence. We're not allowed to be like, well, we got here first, and we say you can't just show up because you feel like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's well they're two different levels. I think the most entertaining thing is the Omni cause, right where you have the chubby, upper middle class lesbian feminists showing up to protest for this Somali fraudsters who can't possibly be deported, and they're all together doing land acknowledgments for the noble Ashanabi people and so on. I mean, and it's the question is like, what do all these people have in common? And I'm it really gets back to a buddy of mine, James Lindsay or vocal distance, one of those philosopher types. They tend to be pretty good on this. The idea is that you're getting back to the coalition of the fringes, right, Like, what all these people have in common is that they hate mainstream centered society, a white, middle class Christian, anyone who might own three neckties, and what they want to do is kind of rip that down, tear that down from being a majority position in the country. And then a lot of people at Abby Hoffman said this and frankly pretty much accepted that they'll all fight it out among one another. You saw this in the Muslim world, where they beat the Shah and they beat the Christian government in Lebanon, and then it was a free for all between the Communists and the Islamists and all these other, in my opinion, terrible people until you know, so one of them finally won, usually the Islamists over there. So and now, by the way, the Iranian shout to them, are coming back from this. But that's why you're seeing like a Somali woman in a he job, you know, shouting out the Native American population of the land. The last thing about this, though, I absolutely agree with you in that what happened to the natives is not an argument for Maslowian immigration. Like I'm part Native, and I get annoyed every time people bring this up, right, Like people say, well, you know, Chief Joseph fought hard for this land. Who are you to defend it now? And it's sort of like, well, Chief Joseph, you know, honor to his name, didn't want people coming in and taking away his surprisingly civilized people's land. The whole point of border defense is that stuff like that can happen where now he is a road, but his people don't own the land anymore. So, I mean, I think that the descendants of the English and Black and German and Irish people that beat him would do well to keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And well also though the whole Land acknowledgment thing, to me, it is among the most obvious religious and ritualistic manifestations of left wing ideology today because it is purely a manifestation of.
Speaker 2: Allegiance to belief.
Speaker 1: Like, no one actually thinks we're going to what We've got three hundred and fifty million people here, like, well, what are we going to do? We're going to give it back to the to the ancestors. The whole thing is absurd and we've already had We've gone through this. We've got you know, casinos, and you've got reservations and all these different policies that already exist. So what's the point of the Land acknowledgment I don't understand. I mean I also wonder like, at what point do they start having you know, struggle sessions in UK primary schools over what they did during the Irish potato famine in eighteen forty. It's like, okay, I mean it was bad, but I don't know that people today should be Did you see you had this this Portland Police Chief Bob Day started crying because he had to do it.
Speaker 2: Do you see this?
Speaker 1: This guy starts crying, is the chief of police in Portland and chief of police and he has to admit that the trend to Arragua. Guys who tried to run over a cop who got shot were actually trend to Aragua.
Speaker 2: Why is he crying, Wilfred? Why is he crying?
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, because he shouldn't be the chief of police. I mean there's because we've created that. I actually wrote an article about this for National Review once that got into complex morality where I was talking about Nietzsche versus Jesus and so on, and I said, they're both of them.
Speaker 3: I had positive things to say about, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, but I said, they're basically three types of morality. There is master morality, which is kind of Nietzsche and the old warrior idea like strength is good. There's kind of Yeoman morality, like muscular Christianity, which is, you know, built, doing good is good, building this sort of thing, helping others. What we've kind of gotten into right now is empathic morality, which is that like not causing risk is good. Like the highest virtue isn't bravery or strength.
Speaker 3: It's empathy.
Speaker 4: And I think that that's how you get into these weird places that we are in right now, and you come to a lot of weird conclusions if you take these ideas very seriously. One of them seems to be that you shouldn't weight people at all, in like the Christian Ordo Amorus sense. So traditionally immigration has been thought of in terms of how it benefits the country that's letting in the immigrants. When I talk to lips, when I talk to modern leftists about immigration, they tend to think of it in terms of how it benefits the immigrants. So I mean, I was talking to the guy behind the Twitter account Evan Love's wharf at one point. He's actually not an idiot, but I mean, I mean the point that, like, female genital mutilation is really common in Somalia, and like this is a bad thing that's going to come to the USA if we let in large numbers of Somalis. And he said, well, at least we can punish the people doing it here, unlike Somalia, so we might helps some Somali girls. And it wasn't even a dishonorable statement. It just struck me as kind of a lunatic one like we would get a lot worse, but some Somali kids might be helped out in the country that's collapsing. I think that like, once you accept that paradigm, like it's out there, pray morality is what I call it.
Speaker 3: Nietzsche called it slave morality, so do some Christian writers.
Speaker 4: Like once you get that, like it's bad to hurt your enemies this kind of thing, then you get why you're crying because your cops ran over a gangbanger. I just like that might be a useful attitude for the manager of a homeless shelter. You just can't have that in you're chief of police. It's not even whether it's good or bad. You just can't have the cops crying because they've shot the criminals. It doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: You can't have it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, this is awesome what you see with the A lot of the escalatory theatrics, whether it's of these ice you had the ice warriors, they call themselves rippers whatever, yeah or I yeah. But one of the things that they love to do is to antagonize police in every way they can short of requiring a physical violent let's let's be clear violent response from the cops to see if they can just you know, get them right to that edge, or oh, you know, you put your hands on me, but you weren't required. And I don't think they understand all law at the end of the day, whether it's you refusing to give someone your driver's license in a car when you're pulled over, or you're refusing a lawful command to stop when there's a scene of a crime and officers have a reasonable suspicion, like at the end of the day, if people aren't willing to put hands on you and rescue to the ground, there is no law. And I think this is what the left sort of struggles with or just ignores. They don't understand that. Whether you're a middle aged you know, a middle aged white lesbian who really opposes ice, or you're a guy who is you know, a fleeing felon who's wanted on fifteen arrest warrants, some guy has to be able to put hands on you and throw you to the ground if you don't obey lawful commands or else there is no law.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think that's absolutely correct, and I think people have made this point for centuries, if not millennia, that like under the world of words written on paper, there's the actual world of weapons and IQ where the real games are played that uphold the fake world of words written on paper. And if you've never seen anything but the world of words written on paper, you start believing that that's actually real. And that leads to these weird encounters that we see. And I mean it goes beyond like the cop crying because the criminals are injured, to some of this stuff, like where people are looking at the cops and saying like you are one percent over the line and I do not consent to you touching me. And it's sort of just it's a lack of understanding of reality, Like it's the thinking that the formal thing that's over the real thing is actually real and will protect you, and that I mean, you see a lot of this, Like the feminist writer Kathy Young was doing this on social media for the past couple of days about this stupid car thing, like, well, maybe she hit him with a car, but it was it was very light, it was non fatal, and it's sort of like if you see someone driving towards you with an SUV and you're legally allowed to shoot them, you're probably gonna shoot them, Like you're not going to spend the split second at time you have analyzing how likely you are to die is versus just get hurt.
Speaker 2: And I think also I think people forget too.
Speaker 1: If you ever had the experience of, like, you have the right of way, you're walking and some guy just to be a jerk decide to like hit the accelerator really hard right as he's going past you on the street. Now, I'm not saying you have the right there to shoot somebody, but I am saying you get really like it's a normal human reaction to have like a surge of rage because that person did just put you in some you know again, assuming you have the right of way and somebody, I mean, this has happened to me many times before where someone just you know, decides they want to hit because they're frustrated and they're pissed off and they just want to show you how tough they are or whatever. But they zoom that three thousand pound vehicle passed you on. Necessarily you're like you're you're angry, and if you're a cop and they do it at you, like I can't imagine my response if someone actually hit me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm pulling.
Speaker 1: I mean, I fire a lot of guns. I'm pulling, I'm drawing, I'm shooting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I also think there's an element of reality even on the other side there, like why would you be angry? Why would you, as a decently tough guy, jump out of the way because someone's driving towards you with a car, Like it doesn't make any sense to say, I've got the right away, buddy, I'm not moving. The reality is that everyone moves. Everyone feels a little bit punked because you're walking and somebody else is in a vehicle. So, I mean, again, they're just they're those practical realities there. Everyone recognizes that if you're in a three thousand pounds murder machine, you can kill somebody, And the conscious denial of this is really bizarre.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, the martyrdom in this case, I don't think it's worked as well as it has before, but you're you're definitely seeing it in full swing. I mean, you're definitely seeing the I mean there's about a block and a half area of street that's just swathed with like flowers and stuffed animals, oxes of fairly expensive chocolates there are, and it's part of an ongoing mythology.
Speaker 3: By this point.
Speaker 4: So like her girl, her wife and other people have nailed not only all these paintings of her up to nearby fences, but all these paintings of like other martyrs in the whole blm slash like Matthew Shepherd gay right slash stole On struggles.
Speaker 3: So like there's a picture of George Floyd.
Speaker 1: Next time there's some Trayvon stuff there, there's got to be Trayvon somewhere in the mix, like this is these are these are the icons.
Speaker 3: It's like Freddie Gray.
Speaker 4: It's like if you go to like an old like black or Irish grandma's house and there's like christ and John F. Kennedy and like somebody else, some corrupt local politician. It's the same thing, except it's with did public figures from the past twenty years. So yeah, it was it was George Floyd. I think, Michael Brown, I don't want to exaggerate about you us at all, but like her and her wife.
Speaker 1: I've been to protests in the past, by the way, where all this where they have the actual placards and I've seen and this is pre George Floyd actually, but I've seen this person was shot by police. This person was shot by police. You know it is in the case of Trayvon. Of course the guy wasn't even a cop, but put that aside. One moment here for a sponsor, Birch Gold. Birch Gold Group wants you to get gold because gold went up over sixty percent last year and they really want to get in first time gold buyers.
Speaker 2: I own gold.
Speaker 1: I think gold makes sense long term as a portion of your portfolio. And Birch Gold says until January thirtieth, if your first time gold buyer, they're offering a rebate of up at ten thousand dollars on qualifying purchases. Start the process and claim eligibility. Text my name Buck to ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight. Birch can help you roll in existing IRA or four oh one k into an IRA and gold and you're still eligible for rebate of up at ten thousand dollars. Make this month your first time buying gold. Take advantage of a rebate of up to ten thousand dollars when you buy by January thirtieth. Text Buck b uc k to ninety eight ninety eight ninety to claim your eligibility. That's ninety eight ninety eight ninety eight, Wilfred. The book is is Lies. My liberal teacher told me it has been selling great since its publication, what about a year or two ago. It's been fantastic. So people streak, can you can you give me a prediction? Does the well because next time we have you on, we'll see does Iran does the Iyotola government the Iranian revolution? Does it fall between now and your next podcast appearance.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, probably not.
Speaker 4: I mean one of the things with these strongman run fairly competent governments is that they're they're unpopular with their people, but they don't really have that institutional guilt that we see in the West. So I mean in China, and I'm including even Russia, kind of that white West here. So like in in the Soviet Union, when you had gloss Naust, you had Patstroika, you had all these brilliant young blonde students dancing in the streets saying we want freedom. Gorbachev kind of listened to them. I mean, in China you saw the same thing. They're they're just as human. I mean, you're at the crowds out there and Gianam and the Chinese just sent lines of tanks. He's snaking down two miles away and crutched it killed everybody. And I mean, I the the Iranians, they're they're not a match for our military, but they're probably top twenty militaries in the world.
Speaker 3: They're gonna likely do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: You're correct.
Speaker 1: The one thing that that authoritarian regimes, especially that have access to revenue from fossil fuels or drugs, but authoritarian regimes are generally very good at is staying in power. This is because that's what they're obsessed with. That's the goal number one. Because they know if they're not in power, you know, they're gonna end up either on the wrong side of a firing squad or you know, in some hell hole prison. And that's true of everybody who's say so, I have to look. I hope I'm wrong, but I think you gave the right answer. But we'll come back. We'll talk to you about it, and in some time when you're back on the show, check out Wilfrid's book and appreciate you being with me, my man.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Sounds good. Sounds good. Buck, have a good day.