Speaker 1: I had to go do a quick refresh, get play some Crocket coffee. That's right making it bruin it right here at home. He's even got a Crocket mug for it. Go to Crocketcoffee dot com please subscribe and you've got amazing products there and you will love this coffee. Plus ten percent of the profits goes to Tungel the Towers Foundation, which Play was just with them yesterday. Cuncle Towers and Frank Siller doing amazing work. We love that partnership in all respects with this show and also with Crocket Coffee. So please check out Crockett Coffee. Subscribe, and it's how we get through the show because it keeps us fired up and ready to go. We have now a lot of a lot of stress being put on us from the media about oh my gosh, the tariffs and what's going on here. First of all, here's a reminder from our buddy Stephen Miller, who's the deputy White House Chief of Staff, that what's going on right now is not a typical presidency. It is fixing and setting right big part of what this country, America is all about, not just for this week or this month, but for future years and even generations to come. Play nine.
Speaker 2: This is the great healing and rejuvenation of the American economy after half a century of rampant offshoring, outsourcing, and de industrialization. There was once a time in which Motor City in Michigan Detroit automakers powered the entire globe. There was once a time when you could drive through Pennsylvania and all you would see were humming steel mills, humming coal plants, manufacturing facilities again that were supplying the entire world, supplying Americans and all the planet earth. Foreign countries, countries like China, Canada, Mexico, Cambodia, Vietnam, and the European Union took advantage of our country and our leaders.
Speaker 1: So we know that the tariffs are a major focus with the economy right now from the Trump administration, and there's going to be uh here you go. Trump's Liberation Day tariffs will go into effect immediately, according to the White House. Just eight minutes ago, Clay President Donald Trump's promised tariffs are a day away, and they'll go into effects sooner than some had expected, as in immediately, according to the White House, Liberation Day trade policy announcement is expected to be the most aggressive tariff move yet by President Trump, and he has vowed to slap tariffs on US imports for a whole range of different solutions. Now, Clay, they're saying this is going to be costly. They're saying this is going to create a lot of economic dislocation. And to be fair, even here's Senator of Tuberville, who is a big Trump guy, big Trump supporter. We've had him on the show many times, and he is the one through which to whom I'm supposed to say war eagle. That is correct.
Speaker 3: By the way, roll Tide probably celebrating over the weekend as the Auburn Tigers rolled into the Final four for their second time. I'm ever playing against your wife's alma mater, the Florida Gators on Saturday, Big Game.
Speaker 1: My beloved Florida Gators because they are my wife's beloved. So whatever the Florida Gators, whatever I could do for them, I love doing. But here we go. Here's Senator Tubberville on the tariff situation. You say, look, it's not going to be without a little bit of a little bit of pain before we get to the game play it.
Speaker 4: This is one thing that President Trump has got to sell. But it's also going work, but it's going to be a slow pain first. Before we get the game, we have to get jobs back in this country. We have to get manufacturing to come back. We can't control that is a Senate. The one thing that we can control, as you said, we can control the tax cuts. We have to get those done, and we have to get it done this week, and we'll let President Trump do the tariffs, we do the tax cuts, get the debt limit put in, with this reconciliation fund, the border wall fund, all of the immigration process that's going on. We have to get back to business up here. We've been dragging our feet. But I think with the tariffs this week and also the budget budget reconciliation that we'll do for the tax cuts, I think it is all gonna come together.
Speaker 1: So Clay, I think at some level what we're seeing here is Trump is right on the has been and continues to be right on. The immigration issue. Has proven the case. The numbers speak for themselves. The border is the most secure it has been in truly decades. A lot of interior enforcements has to happen. We can get into some of those numbers DHS Christy Nome talking about that. We can get into that in a little bit. But on the economic side of things, what Dose is doing is important. But the terriff issue might even have more short term political impact if things get rough between now and really next summer, all right or not? This coming summer be the following summer before the midterms, right, so really, you've got fifteen months or so if this starts to look like it's blowing up in Trump's face, even if the media is able to make that case, and that's not a fair assessment of it. The problem here is what happens if the midterms go against the Republicans because of the tariffs. It slows the whole agenda down. So it feels like it's a gamble, but it's one that Trump is all in on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't know about you, but economic geniuses have gotten so much wrong. My trust level in experts is at an all time low personally because everything they have told us for the past several years, it feels like the experts are batting zero on pretty much every major issue that has occurred. Now until tomorrow, we won't know exactly what Trump has planned, but I do think it's significant that Israel just announced that they were ending all tariffs on American goods in the last few hours.
Speaker 1: What is your kind of Let me ask you this, because I think we've talked about this a little bit, but I haven't I asked this question. I asked this honestly. If tariff are so self evidently self defeating, why do so many countries have tariffs against the United States on different issues? Why does Canada have a two hundred percent dairy tariff for US dairy imports If it's so stupid and it does nothing good for them. And that's just one of hundreds that we could talk about here, never mind China and the policies that they have visa EI the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: I think where Trump is right is we have a lot less to lose on tariffs than other countries do. And what I mean by that is, this is what happens when you are a net importer of goods when we have the massive trade deficit that we do. Now, the arguments out there, for those of you that are paying attention, the economic gurus of the world who are opposed to tariffs would say, well, yes, the United States is a net importer of goods. That is, we spend more money than we uh than than we make off of our products. But the result is that our products that we purchase are incredibly affordable. And I would just use as an example, Buck, I'm sure you remember this. Back in the day. One of the most expensive things I bought when Laura and I first got married was a flatscreen television. Do you remember when flatscreen televisions were like five six thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: They were really expensive. I remember pooling money with my college roommates to get for our common room. Yes, that you know, because we all we all lived in like the shared housing, to get for our common room, and we carried it was it was like when they find the Arc of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost ARCA. We carried that thing with reverence up the stairs.
Speaker 3: Yes, that flat screen television. Many of you out there are going to remember when you were able to first buy one. Speaking of costco which your wife, Carrie loves, and one of the few were working.
Speaker 1: On this, we're working on the Wokeness over there.
Speaker 3: One of the few places that I actually walk into you can get a seventy inch flat screen television for like seven hundred bucks. Now, now these things are manufactured almost entirely outside the United States. The reason why I use flat screen television's example is that is something where you would say the average American consumer is getting a really good deal because flat screen televisions can be made more affordably elsewhere. I mean almost everybody. I'm holding mine up for video. Almost everybody has an iPhone.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: iPhones are almost exclusively manufactured in China and the Philippines. I think now now they're starting, Apple has said we're going to invest more money in them. But the reason why Apple has the profit margins it does is because of the manufacturer. There sneakers, all sorts of products.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they used to make them all at Fox Con where they had to put up nets to prevent people from jumping out and committing suicide for about the hours they were working so rough stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, this is also why I got so fired up over the Nike.
Speaker 1: Products. You know, the NBA player.
Speaker 3: Saying, oh, America's an awful place and where you know our people are being taken advantage of, and then they never mentioned that their tennis shoes are being made basically oftentimes for slave labor overseas, and they make hundreds of millions of dollars off of those deals. The most ridiculous of them actually had deals with Chinese sneaker companies Buck that bragged about the fact that they used slave labor in Xingxiang Province cotton produced there. So the modern day NBA star athlete with a Chinese sneaker deal, and there were many of them, was actually making money off slave labor. And meanwhile they're lecturing all of us about how America is an awful country and taking these during the national anthem. The hypocrisy was too much. So the argument is, Okay, yes we are net x our money is leaving the country, but we're getting better value than we would if that was produced here. I don't know that that is one hundred percent true. In other words, what would it look like. I've made this argument for a long time Lebron James. What if Lebron James had said, Hey, I'm asking all these people to make pay two hundred dollars for sneakers. What if he had gone to Nike and said, I want my sneakers produced in Akron, Ohio, a industrial Midwest city, that is struggling, and I understand the profit margins will be lower, but we'll be able to employ a lot of Americans to make my shoes. That would have actually been a really interesting argument. Of course, Lebron's never going to say it, because all he cares about the money that he's making, not about the larger society. But my point on this is some guys that have the economic power to relocate to resource actual goods here and create American jobs that are high paying that people who otherwise wouldn't get them deserve them. This is the argument that Trump's making. He basically is doing the anti Lebron. He's saying, we should be making goods that Americans buy here, and we're going to level the playing field to help make that happen.
Speaker 1: This is one of the areas where Trump is going the most against the consensus, even on the Republican side. Longstanding Republican institutions, think tanks, gop apparatus, you name it. Free trade has been a almost a religious mantra on the right for as long as you and I have been alive, and really is going back to Milton Friedman in free trade has been a thing that you just say, and everyone has to assume it's the best possible way. Now, theoretically I can see why, and when I hear the arguments about this, I go, yeah, of course, it seems like everybody, everybody benefits, you know, when you have free a free trade system. Challenge, though, is we don't have free trade globally. That's right. So this is where and this is when Trump came in with China on the first term, they said he's going to start a trade war, and the people who really knew what was going on specifically with China said, we're already in a trade war with China. We're just not doing anything. And Biden didn't change anything. But that's exactly the point that he won on that one ye, that he went against the consensus so much so that even Biden's like, look, I'm not gonna mess with this stuff. He's so was this another one of those moments, And I bring this to the it's really to me. To me, it's more almost a question of logic or common sense. If this is so bad and self defeating, which you are hearing not just from Democrats who hate Trump, forget about them. We don't care. They don't know any about the economy. They want to ruin Western civilization. A lot of Republicans are saying, ah, I don't know about this. Ah, it's gonna be rough for the market, so telling me to kind of brace for impact. Okay, But if there aren't any benefits to this, why do other countries do them? Same way that I Clay, I always knew that they're lying. The media was lying to us about a legal immigration because you could never get somebody in the media to admit that a legal immigration had a downside. Well, if it has no downside, why do we want to stop it? R Yes, it makes no sense. Same thing I feel like with tariffs. If tariffs are only downside, why are other people doing it? I mean, other countries doing it for decades and very aggressive about it. So I think it's about things that you want and think things that you can get, and there's a negotiation to be had here.
Speaker 3: I also think, and we'll know more tomorrow afternoon four o'clock Eastern.
Speaker 1: This is scheduled.
Speaker 3: Markets really hate uncertainty, whatever you think of any particular economic decision. As soon as business can understand what the cost structure is going to be and adjust accordingly, oftentimes we see the markets adjust, and to me Buck, part of the biggest challenge here in general has been we don't really know what the implementation of these policies going to look like. Come tomorrow afternoon. In theory, we will have an idea of exactly what Trump trade policy looks like.
Speaker 1: And if you watch the stock market on a.
Speaker 3: Regular basis, typically when the stock market moves is when something hasn't been priced. There is a surprise, there is an uncertainty, there is an expectation that is upset relative to the existing marketplace. I would say, in general is what I've said for a long time time by S and P five hundred. Index funds don't overreact to any day to day market manipulation or movement. And if you believe that the future of America is bright, and I do, every ten years or so, your index fund should double.
Speaker 1: And most of.
Speaker 3: The time, people get in trouble when they respond emotionally to stock market prices. You look at prices going down, people sell. You look at prices going up, people think they're always going to go up. Most people are emotional, not as much rational, which is why the best thing to do with your four oh one ks is not pay that much attention to it on a day to day basis. I get that it's hard, but that is my best advice. And tomorrow at four o'clock, I'm sure we'll be talking about this on Thursday show. Hey, what do we expect the actual impact is going to be? And what will the stock market do? Will get that first kind of read on that Thursday.
Speaker 1: When you switch your cell phone service to pure Chalk from AT and T, Verizon or T Mobile, get this, I'll save fifty bucks or more every month. That's one sure way to save money without sacrificing any quality. In fact, you'll get better customer service than you've ever experienced before. Puretalk only charges twenty five dollars a month for unlimited talk, text and five gigs of data on America's most dependable five G network. When you put the entire family on a pure Talk plan, that savings grow. The average sized family of four saves more than one thousand dollars a year when they switch to pure Talk. And with pure Talk's US customer service team, you can switch hassle free in as little as ten minutes. You can keep your phone and your number if you like. Using your cell phone. Dial pound two fifty that's pound two five zero and say the keywords clay Enbuck to make the switch. You'll save an additional fifty percent off your first month. Again, dial pound two five zero say clay Endbuck to start saving today. Puretalk Wireless, Buy Americans for Americans.
Speaker 5: Want to begin to know when you're on the go. The Team forty seven podcast Trump high lights from the week Sundays at noon Eastern in the Clan Bug podcast feed. Find it's on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Welcome back in two different races in the state of Florida. I'm down in Miami with Buck right now from his studio up in the northern part of Florida. Florida one, the Panhandle, also Daytona and Saint Augustine area, Florida six. Jimmy Patronis joins us now the next congressman. If you guys keep showing up and voting like you are in the Florida first District. Jimmy, good to talk with you. Appreciate you coming on. What can you tell us about what you're seeing in Florida one and if people are listening both in your district and in the sixth district of Florida.
Speaker 1: What is the importance of getting out and voting here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're it's a beautiful day for getting out in the vote. So there's no weather, it's gonna slow anybody down. It's seventy seventy some degrees here in the paint Handle. So so grateful for everybody that has showed up and voted early. But today's the last day to let your vote count. And the Republicans have been out out tracking the Democrats. So we feel good. But you can't take anything for granted. I tell people all the time, if you don't hold your electeds accountable, you get the government you deserve. And you know, just really it's an honor to be on the air with y'all.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jimmy, we appreciate you and and we hope you run off the scoreboard in a big way. Who are they even? Who are they even running against you? There? I mean, you know, I know, we all feel pretty good about a Clay consistently refers to the Panhandle as God's country, Although he doesn't want more people buying beachfront on the Gulf of America. There's not he left. He says, it's getting very crowded. But who are they running against you in God's country? So to speak? What do we need to know about this Democrat that they're throwing throwing into the mix.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so the same woman who ran against Matt Gates last time in November. Her name is gab Alamont. And look, I'm sure she's she's the fine person, but her her policies are flawed. You know what she is advocating for. She's trying to run as a moderate and uh and look she's got seven million dollars And I'm looking forward to the night at about seven thirty, you know, looking into the camera and acknowledging that theyre's about seven million reasons why their their effort is not the right message for Northwest Florida. The amount of money that we've been out spent probably five to one. But the Democrats are seeing six and one as a way to flip flip the balance of power in Congress and trying to do a referendum on Trump. But you know, the people in these two districts are just too educated.
Speaker 3: For people who don't know what is Florida one, where is it located? I just want to make sure because there's lots of people driving around. You know, as well as anybody. People get fired up for November elections. But a lot of times these special elections we've been talking about, the two in Florida, that the one in Wisconsin that's going today, they can slip under the radar. Where right now in Florida one can people go vote for you? Sometimes you know this, people don't even know exactly what congressional district they're in. I'll put myself on blast here. When they redid the redrew the lines in Tennessee where I live, the difference between one congressman and another came into my neighborhood. One streets represented by one congressman, the other is another one I didn't know. I didn't know who was my congressman until I actually went in and had the opportunity to vote. So, just for people who may not know where in Florida one can people go vote today?
Speaker 1: Where do they need to show up?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Florida one goes from from Pensacola and the Alabama state line over between Pennscalle and Mobile and he goes all the way to the edge of Panama City. So it stops Highway three thirty one, so that's a Scambia and a Rosa, Okaloosa and parts of Walton County. You can go to join Jimmy dot com. At the top of the page. There's a link. You tap it and it says where do I vote? Where's my precinct? And then we will go through and direct you to where you can vote. So it's uh again, today's the day that you would actually go to your regular precinct that you would vote on in a November election. And you were spot on, people or everything's got seasons to it, and the seasons for elections are in November. People know to vote November. They don't know to vote in April. And oh, by the way, it's April Fool's Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 3: And Trump won year district I think by thirty seven or thirty eight points, So that sounds good. By the way, people honking in the background. If you're listening to Clay and Buck, that's one of the prefets. That's a good problem. If you're listening to Clay and Buck in Florida one right now and you see the congressman driving by, the next congressman, you can honk at him and let us know. Let us know that you guys back. But this is a dyed, rocked ribbed district. But it's important for everybody to get out. Don't just rely on the fact. Again it's April fools. A lot of people may not be aware that this is going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again with the amount of money that they've spent running as a moderate, destroying and trying to trash my reputation. I was born and raised in the Central time zone. I've been part of this Communian whole time effect. I think, Clay, I think you and I shared the same studio one time. I used to be on the radio there in Panama City for a while, and I think y'all used to come in and do the show.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, that's a story I've shared with Buck when I did early morning sports talker radio in that Panama City studio.
Speaker 1: Loved the guys there.
Speaker 3: But I was on at five am there, and sometimes it's won't shock you there weren't people there to let me in the building. So I have started my show before from the parking lot of that Panama City, Florida studio.
Speaker 1: It's a great signal.
Speaker 3: We love all of you down on the Gulf coasts that are listening right now, but there is it's not far to the Eastern time zone, and so sometimes people would get all crossed up as to what time things started. And yeah, my boy DJ K Dub, who was in charge of letting me in back in the day, buck was sometimes late. But yeah, Jimmy, that's a that's a fabulous station. I know there's a lot of people listening to us right now as you're driving there on Highway ninety eight headed I think to Penscola.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and I'd say it's just a radio is so amazing. It's intimate. You know, people get to become your family, you know, and that's what I love about what y'all are doing. I mean, you're connecting with folks and they really they feel like they know you and know everything about you because they spend so much time and you build their day out. So I mean, it's it's this is such an amazing way to get news out, to communicate and to make people informed.
Speaker 1: Totally totally right, Jimmy, And we're talking to Jimmy Petronos. He's running for that important congressional seat the first in Florida, beautiful part of the country up in the Panhandle. We got that. We've also got the sixth congressional seat formerly held by Michael Waltz. It is in the mix with Randy Fine today. Make sure we have a huge Florida audience. Make sure for those of you who live in those districts you get out and vote. Got to run up the scoreboard high, because otherwise you're gonna be reading in the New York Times front page tomorrow. Oh Trump agenda stalling. They you know, they went from thirty points to twenty five points winning. You know, so got to run up those scoreboards and to that end. Jimmy, first of all, totally agree with what you said about radio. Clint. I always joke about how when people know you from the radio show, they just come up and talk to you because they're your friends. There's no like, oh, there's there's no trepidation or is it okay? Or am I in everything? They come up to me. They're like, how's ginger, how's carry it? And I love it. I mean those are our radio people. And same thing with Clay. They know his wife and his kids' names. But tell me about what you want to get at the top of the agenda, working with fellow members of Congress on the Republican side for the Trump agenda once you are seated.
Speaker 6: Sure, So Northwest Mordian, that first Canal District has got five military installations. So not only does the military economy important to Northwest Florida. There's so many vital missions to our national security, but because of the military presence and how beautiful this place is, we've got the largest per capita retired veterans population anywhere in the nation, So you know, those VA services are critically important. At the same time, making sure that the missions continue to be enhanced in Northwest Florida. We've got a welcome mat in front of every one of our households here because we love our military. So you know, I'm really I'm looking at hustling to make sure that we continue to support them, especially those that are needed extra assistance and guidance with the DA. You know what I tell people, Jimmy's not a show warce. Jimmy's a workhorse. I look forward to helping, you know, break through the bureaucracy, helping people get through their questions answered. Pete accepts the good buddy so proud of what he's doing to bring the image of the war fighter back in a way where where men and women are proud to serve our country. So, yeah, this is I'm pinching. I'm really can't believe it's real.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, You've been fighting for the state of Florida for a long time. Buck is one of the new residents of the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: What is the impact.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's an awesome kind of test case for what good governance can do. The number of people that are saying, hey, I'm going to move to a state like Florida. What have the numbers look like over the last five or six years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we're in the best fiscal health we've ever been in the history of the State of Florida. And so look, I've been the CFO for the last eight years. I'm proud how much debt we've paid down. But here's the twisted thing about it. Even in the jacked up Biden administration where we have double digit inflation, what people don't realize in Florida, the State of Florida made more money than ever before. Because if things cost more and we're only a sales tax environment. Y'all know that because now you're not paying income tax from wherever you once we're living, we made more money of the state, so we aggressively paid down debt at a break neck speed. We have also created a culture. Tell people it's not a sprint as a mark. You got to work on it. Every day. We have four hundred thousand new net Floridians come to the state of Florida, and we've got one point three million more registered Republicans the Democrats. The trend we're going is to give people their personal freedom and keep their tax money.
Speaker 3: All right, get out and vote for him. Jimmy Patronis. Jimmy, I'll see you down on the beach here in the near future. I'm gonna spend a bunch of time down there this spring and summer. So keep up the good work and look forward to you doing a fantastic job for everybody on the Panhandle.
Speaker 6: Thanks guys, God bless you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: For sure, that's Jimmy petronas again. We want to keep that going. At Randy Fine, Florida six. Jimmy Patronis Florida one, and get out and vote for Brad Schimmel. In the entire state of Wisconsin. Three different storylines going on right now that will be covered, as Buck mentioned to a great degree as an early test of the momentum for Trump some seventy five days ish into his second term. If your family carried around a video camera back in the day, chances are you still got the videotape cassettes to prove it. Memory stored on them valuable when you recorded them. I have only become more valuable as time's gone on. How about digitizing what's on those video cassetts. Legacy Box can do that right now for you at a great price. And digitizing those tapes means moving the content to the cloud. That means you can easily log on from a phone, smart TV, a laptop or an iPad, and that way you can watch and share those restored family memories on easy to use digital files. Because the Legacy Box will make digitizing your memories easy, you ship off your old tapes, film and photos. Legacy Box takes care of the rest. They'll digitally transfer your family movies by hand, one video tape at a time. Then you'll get them back on the cloud, ready to watch and share from anywhere and right now Legacy Box running that special spring cleaning sale. You can digitize your old home movies for just nine dollars a tape, sixty per five percent off regular prices. Ninety days of free Legacy Box cloud access.
Speaker 1: Don't wait until it's too late.
Speaker 3: Visit legacybox dot com slash Clay to shop that nine dollars per tape sale. Claim your cloud access. That's a Legacy box dot Com slash Clay.
Speaker 5: Patriots radio hosts a couple of regular guys, Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Welcome back in to Clay and Buck. A couple things to take a quick look at here. One is the reductions in the federal workforce. Just as as of April first. This is in the New York Times, so I assuming this is not April fools. There are impending layoffs of ten thousand CDC and other health federal health workers confirmed cuts according to the New York Times here at least forty nine thousand so far. Many of these employees, though, have been temporarily reinstated after court orders have come down. As we've discussed after the hashtag resistance judges employees who took buyouts seventy five thousand. I can't do the math on that, but what is that as a percentage of the overall whether there's about million is two million federal employees, so you know, you're looking at what they think it might get up to five percent. Maybe it'll get up to five percent, we'll see, and then planned reductions at least one hundred and seventy one thousand. There's a lot of efficiency stuff that is going on right now. USAID basically gutted and gone more than ninety nine percent. Voice of America gutted and gone more than ninety nine percent. Education Department of Education forty six percent down, then HHS, Energy, IRS, CFPB all down in the teens. You know, the numbers are twelve, thirteen, sixteen around there. So this is they think it could affect a total clay of twelve percent of the two point four million civilian federal workers. So that's the total effected. Maybe the buyouts could be five to ten percent. They thought maybe more like five percent. But I think you have a particular perspective here. The Secret Service, which had a very bad year in twenty twenty four. Let's just be frank about that. A very bad year for this. I mean, it could have been worse, God forbid, but it was pretty bad as it was. You were at the golf course. Tell everybody where the second assassination attempt against Trump occurred and what did you learn from seeing that environment yourself up close?
Speaker 3: So first of all, I encourage you guys go donate tunnel to Towers T two T dot org. The reason I was there playing was Frank Siller. The work that they do. The last time I played with them was New York. They're now doing a major fundraiser down in Florida, and they're gonna do it multiple years at Trump International Golf Course. So if you are in Florida and you would be interested in playing in that event, which I hope I'll be able to do next year with them as well. They raise millions of dollars at these events and they go to help people who were either killed or catastrophically wounded military first responders. You guys know their work. Ninety five percent of every dollar goes to help those in need. They do phenomenal work. So that's where I was. That's why I was playing there. I had not been to this Trump International Course in West Palm Beach before. I'm an awful golfer. I love playing golf. I don't get to do it very often. But as we're going around the course yesterday and thank you for holding down the fort on the show, I got to see and my caddy was there explaining to me exactly the locations of this would be second assassin, And having seen it on the ground now for myself, it is unbelievable to me that we have not gotten more details about this because this guy was going to come insanely close to Trump and an area where you could not miss. And what I was told by people who were there was that it was the glinting of the sunlight off of the barrel of his gun that made him noticeable. Trump was only one hole away from this guy being able to murder Trump. Right after the July thirteen terrorists had come within, would be assassin had come within a quarter of an inch of killing Trump on live television at that Butler, Pennsylvania rally.
Speaker 1: Fuck this area.
Speaker 3: The fact that it was not swept, the fact that the Secret Service didn't have people in those bush lines, the fact that they allowed this guy to get there at dawned and be there for hours and have Trump one hole away from him walking up and being killed right there is indefensible, and we have not gotten I don't think the full story on either of these would be killers this guy after Butler, Pennsylvania, I would argue it's even more indefensible than what happened at Butler because it wasn't like the guy was on the roof of that building in Butler for eight hours in advance.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that this happened. I totally see what you mean about the second one. The first one, I do think the very first place that anybody would have wanted to clear it would have been the roof where the guy set up. This is what I'm saying about this. If you went to that golf course with me, Buck, you would look at this and you would say, how in the world do they not have this parking line managed, like have agents walking along inside of this bushline. The fact that they allowed this to happen it feels intentional to me. It feels like there was first of all, some sort of inside knowledge that this guy knew that Trump was likely to be playing that course. On this day.
Speaker 3: But of all the places that you would be on this course, this is really the only place you need to secure.
Speaker 1: So really, what you're saying is there were two assassination attempts against Trump that both relied on the most obvious possible platform for the shooter, positioning for the shooter of all. Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is what we haven't talked about. I mean, I'm saying the collective media as a whole for this to happen after the failures of Butler, Buck We're talking. It's one thing Butler, you know, it comes out of nowhere, and I'm with you. It was utterly indefensible, but the most predictable places that you would expect someone to try to kill the president or unsecured. After Butler, they let it happen again. And we still don't know anything about these guys, right, I mean, compare what we know about these guys to the average mass shooter who they have front page articles about. We know everything about them. And when I played this course yesterday, it just I stood there and I looked at that bushline and I said, how is it possible that they let a guy sit there all day? And nobody was securing that area. Again, the course is not particularly complicated to secure.
Speaker 1: Again, I don't like to take us into a really dark and macabre direction, but imagine the feeling in the country if after that first assassin, yes, an attempt, a second assassin, just as blatant and honestly tactically lacking in proficiency, was successful, even just in wounding Trump a second time. Never mind, God forbid something else could have happened. Who would have believed that? That was just grotesque in confidence twice over by a multi billion dollar federal agency that's supposed to be able to protect the president of the United States. Buck He got away too it.
Speaker 3: He got into a car and drove away, And the only reason we caught him, like fifty minutes down the road was because a woman in the parking lot saw him fleeing and wrote down his license plate. In other words, if this guy had been able to get shots on Trump, which he nearly did, he might have been able to get away. Yeah, so it's not even I think at a minimum, most people think, well, if you get a shot at the president, you're giving up your life. This guy got away, and the only reason we knew who he was was because a random woman think the ward she was there, took down the license plate. And again I understand people say, well, he's okay now he's been elected president. I understand that that that is. I think the ward happened. But I don't think we can let July in August and what nearly happened just vanish and not be having a bigger question about who knew, what, how did these guys end up in the position that they did, And are we just supposed to expect and and and believe that these were totally lone wolf would be assassins. It just feels unlikely to didn't didn't seek the service also fire a bunch of someone fired a bunch of rounds at him from pretty close and didn't hit and didn't hit him right, Yes, and he got away again, he got into his car and drove off. My understanding was it was I should show I can see, but it was a number of rounds from a pretty close distance. Well, that's why I bring up that the guy was able to get away, So you can you can set up a sniper position against the president and Secret Service doesn't figure it out until you almost were able to get the shots off again the second time, never mind the first time when he did get a shot off and hit the president of the ear, which is still something I feel like our national psyche is processing. You know, how close we came as a country to the abyss. I don't even like to think about it or go there, because Heaven forbid it. Just you know, God was on Trump's shoulder that day, and we got lucky as a nation. I don't care what somebody thinks about Trump. We got lucky as a nation because that didn't you know, the worst didn't happen. That that's right, but that the Secret Service, I don't know what needs to be done to to fix it so that their procedures are more of you know, I think it's a three billion dollars a year agency and they really have one job. I know they a bunch of people, but you know, the Hunter Biden protection detail is different than the Trump protection detail. I think we all understand that, right, And they had one job and they almost couldn't do that. It's pretty pretty terrifying when you think about the you know, we talk about the incompetence that US, the usaid in these other places. Secret Service got incredibly lucky in twenty twenty four that the worst didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Trump would be dead.
Speaker 3: If they had had a truly competent, trained assassin, oh definitely trying to kill him at either of those times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would be dead.
Speaker 3: And the fact that we allowed that to happen in July and we allowed it to happen again in August, to me is utterly indefensible. And again being on the ground and seeing that if all of you walked that golf course with me and you said, okay, where is the most dangerous place that's going to be on this golf course, we would all flag that exact location. And the fact that the Secret Service allowed that guy to be there all day, for hours. It's not like he pulled up ten minutes beforehand. He was there since dawn and came within a few hundred yards of the President being right in front of him and it being almost impossible for him to miss. I just it's not talked about enough, and it makes me nervous because it makes me worry about trump safety going forward, even though he's now the president, and even though he now has a better protective detail. If they failed that bad twice why would they not fail that bad a third time?
Speaker 1: Well, I think Trump is putting some of the people in positions. Now you would hope, yeah, you would hope, But I think he is. I mean, you see, you know cash at FBI Dan Bongino, former Secret Service as deputy FBI Director. I know that's not Secret Service. But these guys understand what's at play here and are going to fix it. I think so, But yeah, it is. It is incredibly important that these issues are addressed from the whole gamut of a blow did federal government with way too many people doing nothing to the parts of the federal government that we need to be good and need to be perfect. Secretary hest at the DoD, for example, this is his mission. The parts of our government that have to be absolutely a game need to be a game. It cannot be in Secret Service, DoD. These places cannot make the biggest mistakes and make them repeatedly. If you're one to donate to a worthy cause, look no further than Preborn. You'd be amazed at what twenty eight dollars can do when you donate to support their mission. Put that money aside to make a donation to Preborn and their networks of clinics in cities nationwide, and in doing so, you'll be helping to save the life of an unborn child. For the better part of two decades now, Preborn has welcomed pregnant women at their clinics in an effort to convince them there's a better plan for their unborn baby than the contemplated abortion. Preborn operates clinics and communities across our nation where abortion rates are the highest. They do this on purpose because they want to meet and welcome pregnant women who are in a crisis pregnancy, meaning it was unplanned or they're getting pressure they don't know what to do. They want to help those moms decide between life or abortion for their unborn child. The resources and services they offer, including an ultrasound so mom can meet that unborn baby, most often lead that mom down the path of choosing life. That ultrasound experience is so important and powerful in making that emotional connection between mother and child so solid. In twenty years time, they have saved three hundred thousand plus lives doing this. When you make a donation to Preborn, your gift provides for that ultrasound twenty eight dollars is the cost of a single ultrasound, a dollar figure that you can choose to donate every month. Some of you are incredibly fortunate, have been very successful in your business and in life, and you can afford to do two hundred and eighty or twenty eight hundred dollars. Whatever you can spare goes directly to this mission, and it is one hundred percent tax deductible. To donate securely, dial pound two five zero say the keyword. That's pound two five zero, say baby, or visit preborn dot com slash buck that's preborn dot com slash b u c k sponsored by Preborn News. You can count on as some laughs too. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.
Speaker 5: Find them on the free iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Right off the top, echoing what we have told you many times during the course of today's program. It is an election day for many of you in Florida and in Wisconsin, and I know it can sneak up on you and you think, hey, it was just six months ago in the first District of Florida. Go vote in our opinion for Jimmy Patronis, who is going to do an amazing job representing the Panhandle. That is the northern upmost district in the state of Florida. Buy and large and then Randy Fine if you are living in the sixth Congressional District of Florida and that is the area Daytona, Saint Augustine, both very strong Trump territory. Two different congressmen there, Matt Gates and Mike Waltz, both being replaced in these special elections Democrats. You heard Jimmy patronis at the top of the midway through the first hour tell us that he's been outspent five to one buck. Yesterday you had Randy Fine on and Randy Fine has been outspent nearly ten to one were the dollar figures that I saw. So we want you to go send a message Randy Fine. Jimmy patronis for the Floridians out there. I'm down in Miami with Buck. Thank you to him for holding down the fort. Yesterday, while I was helping Frank Siller and all the guys and gals at Tunnel to Towers raise money for the fabulous event that they do T two T dot org, they had a Florida golf event going on there, and also Wisconsin. Wisconsin is I think it's fair to say buck the number one battleground state in America right now, in that every race comes down to just a few thousand votes.
Speaker 1: It feels like our.
Speaker 3: Buddy Ron Johnson got re elected in twenty twenty two by about twenty five thousand votes.
Speaker 1: For those of you who remember, Trump.
Speaker 3: Won Wisconsin by thirty thousand votes in this most recent election in November. Unfortunately, Eric Hovedy lost Wisconsin by a few thousand votes.
Speaker 1: By and large.
Speaker 3: I mean this is every single election in Wisconsin is right there on the margin of going one way or the other. So if Wisconsin voters who voted for Trump come out, they will win that Supreme Court race, and all three of those races will be used in many ways as a referendum on the first seventy some odd days of the Trump White House. So that is out there right now. Several other stories underway. Trump reportedly, as we were just discussing, going to give his full tariff decision on April second, four o'clock Eastern. We will figure out exactly what that is tomorrow. I would imagine more and more of it will leak out. We've got the eightieth anniversary by the way of Okinawa. For those of you out there that are World War two history buffs, today is the eightieth anniversary, I believe of the initial attack at Okinawa. Am I correcting that?
Speaker 1: Sure? I think? I mean, that's quite a stat to pull out there. They're putting me on the hot.
Speaker 3: SID team in New York. Make sure that I didn't screw that up. I think that is correct that I know. We just had the eightieth anniversary of D Day last year. I think the invasion of Okinawa. I believe this is the eightieth anniversary of that occurring back in nineteen forty five. Luigi Manngioni a report that we are going to be seeking, through Attorney General Pambondi, the death penalty. And there are a bunch of other stories out.
Speaker 1: There right on the beginning of the Battle of Okinawa. And we have something special for everybody on the battle that is known as Hacksaw Ridge.
Speaker 3: We'll play that a little later for everybody, all right, So I want to get your take on this. There has been a lot of drama in the past few days over Trump potentially wanting a third term. Oh boy, this is this is echoing everywhere, and I want to hit this for you. I believe we have Trump talking about he liked to run against Obama. Now, Trump has an ability to get attention for things that frankly, nobody else can get attention for. And we all know that he likes to gig the media a decent amount. Now, this initially started, I believe buck with Kristen Welker at NBC's Meet the Press. Trump gave quotes there. But here is cut three. Trump says he would welcome a challenge from Obama and he thinks it would be a good one.
Speaker 1: This is again cut three. If you were allowed, for some reason to run for a third term, is there a thought to the Democrat good trying to run Barack Obama against you?
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 7: That would be a good one.
Speaker 6: I'd like that.
Speaker 7: And now people are asking me to run, and there's a whole story about running for a third term. I don't know. I never looked into it. And they do say there's a way you can do it, but I don't know about that, but I have not looked into it. I want to do a fantastic job. We have four years just about almost clus to four years. It's time is flying, but it's still close to four years, and we're getting a lot of credit for having done a great job in the first almost one hundred days.
Speaker 3: Okay, Peter, do sy great question as he tied in Barack Obama versus Donald Trump. Let their guy go for a third term against our guy, that would be an epic battle. What do you think is going on here? What is all the third term talk about? From your perspective?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, for one thing, it reminds me of Gladiator, which is a fantastic movie. As we all know, we've discussed here. It's your wife's favorite movie. It's a top of all time five maybe top three for me. I mean, so I'm a huge Gladiator fan as well. Not Gladiator too. That would be for peasants, Claudia. Some people are saying some people are saying Gladiator two for peasants. But anyway, Gladiator one amazing. And remember when they bring out of retirement to face Maximus, they bring like the greatest Gladiator of all time. I think it was Titus of Gall. While I've seen that movie a lot, Titus of Gall and he's the guy with the metal of the sort of gold mask on and the Tigers and all that stuff. Trump is a showman, and for him, the ultimate political opponent of this era would be Barack Obama. Yes, that is the the only Democrat who won majorities twice. You know, even look back at Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton won with the first time, what forty percent something like that.
Speaker 3: Now he was running with Ross Perrault, who got nearly twenty percent of the votes.
Speaker 1: I mean so, but Bill did not have any kind of a mandate, you know, when.
Speaker 3: Clinton never won a majority of never got over fifty percent of the election, which a lot of people don't realize.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a stunning statistic when you think about it in retrospect. So Barack Obama would be the democrats great champion.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: That's so Trump just leaning into that, I think is very trump not surprising at all, the third term talk. I see this entirely as Trump doing what he does, which is he's going to get all of this focus from anti Trump media on this. Everybody who likes Trump and voted for Trump kind of just smiles and looks at this. They're like, yeah, whatever, you know, calm down, Like no one really gets worried about it from our side or then worried about it just doesn't pays much attention to it. I think they like the they are amused by how much it upsets Democrats. But here's what it does do. Tomorrow, Trump's talking about tariffs. Last hour, we were discussing tariffs. There are a lot of people that want to create a narrative that what Trump is doing with the economy is destabilizing, et cetera, et cetera. This takes some of the heat off. I view it as a little bit of a smoke screen or a distraction technique for the media, because they're going to spend a lot of time talking about something that is completely irrelevant right now other than for the amusement factor, and it takes some of the heat off of the look that they're starting to see that they've got to do these cuts and they've got to do these changes in these tariffs in a way that doesn't just feed narratives to the opposition. Right. It's the right thing to do, but you have to handle it a certain way.
Speaker 3: I think what it really represents is Trump's awareness that fixing the country is going to take more than four years. And this is why we have said you've got to string together a series of wins, no matter how successful of a term Trump has, and I believe he's going to have a very successful term in office. Here, He's going to have to leave, I believe, in twenty twenty nine. And certainly the other crazy thing about this is the process to select Trump's replacement as the Republican nominee for twenty twenty eight will actually get underway by March of twenty twenty seven, and that sounds crazy, and honestly, the shadow primary will begin before then because people will be out raising money. But basically the day after the midterms happen next year, the official running start date of the twenty twenty eight presidential calendar will begin. And that's going to happen in a hurry. And one thing that we have talked about is how will Trump handle We've never seen this in his entire political career. How will Trump handle the possibility of there being a successor to him, which means that he isn't necessarily the straw that stirs the drink, that is, the pursuit of who the new Republican nominee would be matters now. I think his selection. You nailed this well called by you before anybody else is saying it to me. Jd Vance actually is a selection that Trump made because he wants there to be another generation continuing the work that he started. He could have picked a guy like Doug Bergham, for instance. Nothing against Doug Bergham, who's in the cabinet, but Doug Bergham is an older guy. There are a lot of forty somethings that Trump has surrounded himself with. Whether it's Pete Hegseth, whether it's Tulci Gabbard, whether it's jd Vance. These are guys and gals that are relatively speaking, youthful in the political context. And I think that was a conscious decision to try to prolong the movement that Trump is trying to put in place.
Speaker 1: So you see this as pure four D chests from Trump. Just to be clear, you think that him talk about a third term, You're going, really, this is like Marcus Aurelius level philosophical future of the Republic stuff you're going with here.
Speaker 3: I think that Trump will this is my take. I think that Trump in twenty twenty seven will say at some point jd Vance is my guy, and I think he will endorse JD Vance interesting because I think he wants JD Vance to be seen as the heir to Trump.
Speaker 1: I think that we'll see, we'll see, we can mark this one down. I feel I feel like Trump is going to view the successor as a as a version of the apprentice for the leader of the free world. And I'm not sure that he's going to He certainly hasn't already, and he's been given opportunities to say it is JD. He's sort of deferred on that a little. Yeah, he was asked that question directly, directly, so maybe in time. But I could see Trump wanting to be kingmaker toward the end here, and he's a guy who likes to be in the center of the game. The second that you pick your your v I can't believe we're talking about, you know, for just a couple of months in a Trump's term. We'll get back onto that in a second. But the second that you say who your successor is in this political environment, the successor is going to be the person who is driving a lot of the party agenda. So whereas if you say, hey, guys, I got lot of work to do until the very end, I'm running through the tape and we'll see what happens with the successor changes the game a little bit.
Speaker 3: I do think it's interesting as well, though there are two pathways to follow. Barack Obama anointed Hillary Clinton his successor, kicked Joe Biden to the curb. Barack Obama was right to do so, correct, He actually made the right move because he was like dementia, Joe should not be he doesn't have the ability to do this. And now we unfortunately have all figured that out. But remember he never endorsed Biden. Everybody forgets in twenty twenty, Barack Obama set out the race. So to your point, it maybe that Trump likes the competition of people trying to get his endorsement and doesn't decide to do it.
Speaker 1: I will say this. You know what, He moved a bust into the White House recently FDR.
Speaker 3: I don't know that it's been talked about or reported on, but Trump took a bust of FDR and had it moved into the White House. Now google team back in New York, Google and see whether this has been written about. I was told about this when I was traveling on Air Force one to go to the NCAA Wrestling Championships. Recently, Trump has been saying recently that his favorite Democrat is FDR And if you ask him why his favorite Democrat is FDR, he says because he served multiple terms. Well four, right, he got elected thirty two to thirty six forty forty four four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just four terms, yeah, four terms in office. They had to have a whole constitutional amendment because of him. What was it in nineteen fifty one? I think the constancipment came down, which.
Speaker 3: Is interesting that we have term limits for president and not term limits for any other electeds thing.
Speaker 1: Obviously, how many people do you think if you walked on the street and you ask them to name any and they don't have to I'm not saying memorized, but to say any amendment beyond the first ten, that they would be able to.
Speaker 3: Do so, I don't think you're I think most people know the First Amendment. I think a lot of people know the Second Amendment. By the time you get into fourth Amendment, which is unreasonable search and seizure. I think five percent of Americans could tell you what the Fourth Amendment is.
Speaker 1: And by the way, when you get into once you get into the twenties. You're really well.
Speaker 3: I think some people would know the nineteenth Amendment because they would in popular culture when they would no right to vote and they would no ending slavery.
Speaker 1: They would probably when I say they five percent of people would know, I ish, yeah, I think five percent. It's funny too, is the most recent constitutional amendment is probably the most boring. I think it has to do with nineteen ninety two congressional salary changes can't take effect. I can't believe they don't even remember. I don't even know that a check check me team. Am I right on this one? This is really I've been doing trivia night with Kerry recently, so I try to be on my game. We are raigning Champ two nights in a row at our local local club here by the way, So just throwing that out there. But we had I think it's ninety one or ninety two. It was you can't have a congressional salary change that takes effect until the next Congress. I can't believe that that was actually a constant, like you needed a constitutional amendment for that, But they did one, I guess because everybody who makes the amendments was affected by it. So some of them are very almost arcane or very procedure scientific right anyway, but No three terms is one of them. That's what got me on this whole rant in the first place. So I don't know what what do you actually think Trump is serious? And you're talking about this like you think Trump is considering this in some way? Do you think he's really I don't think he's really considering. I think he's having fun with it. The problem is in order to change the law and allow him to run again would be very difficult, but he did say to NBC, oh, I could run as the vice president and then basically serve as the functional president again. I think Trump is having fun because he knows to a large extent that his continued viability as a politician drives his critics bonkers, and the fact that they want to call him a king and an authoritarian and everything else. I think ultimately he's going to endorse JD. Vance.
Speaker 3: That's what I would predict as we sit here in the April first of twenty twenty five. But I do think look, we've looked at the Trump cabinet over the years. We don't know how all of this is going to shake out. But if I were setting odds, I would bet right now that he's going to endorse jd Vance in twenty twenty eight. Major League Baseball season off to a great start. Unless you're an Atlanta Braves fan like me. Braves managed to go zero to five. If you're a Yankee fan, it can't be much better. Prize Picks allows you to pick more or less. Got these torpedo bats, home runs flying out of the stadium like crazy. And also we've got Auburn, we got Florida, we got Houston, and we got Duke in the final four. You can pick more or less. You get fifty bucks right now when you use my name Clay as the code fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. It's easy, You'll love it. Why not do it again? Code Clay for fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. Prize Picks run your game MasterCard Visa Discovery. You can play in California, you can play in Texas, you can play in Florida where I am with Buck right now, and you can play in Georgia. If you're feeling left out forty states. Thirteen million players sign up today. Prize picks dot com code Clay. That's prizepicks dot com code Clay.
Speaker 5: Clay, Travison, Buck Sexton, Mike drops that never sounded so good. Find them on the free iHeartRadio app, or wherever you get your podcasts.