Speaker 1: You're listening to the Buck Sexton Show podcast. Make sure you subscribe to the podcast on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Buck Brief. We have the possibility raised by Senator Ted Cruz of a surprise Democrat candidate taking over for Joe Biden. It's a theory that's been out there for a while. We shall discuss. I'll just tell you Michelle Obama is the name that he put out there. We'll talk about whether that's feasible and why there's that discussion going on. Plus, Biden goes to the UAW United Autoworkers and joins in at the picket line. Temporarily you'll hear from him and Pelosi says Menendez. Senator Mendez should probably resign. We will discuss this and the realities of the Menendez case as we know about it, or what we know about it so far. So let's start Ted Cruz Michelle Obama as a possibility of replacing Joe Biden in this. Here's what he said.
Speaker 1: Here's what I predict him. This is something I said last week on my podcast Verdict with Ted Cruz. I think the odds are very significant that next summer at the Democrat National Convention, that the Democrat Party will jettison Joe Biden, will throw him off the ticket, and they will parachute in instead Michelle Obama to be their candidate. I think they're going to look to Michelle Obama as the savior to come in and I think if that happens, that would be very, very dangerous. And every time I see a Democrat or one of their puppets in the press beginning to point out the problems with Joe Biden, every time that happens, the chances of that go up and up and up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have to now take a moment and look at the realities here. Joe Biden, as feeble as he is, as absurd as he is. He is, let's just be clear, tied with Trump in most of the polls right now. So even though he's too old for the job, even though he's somebody who I think we could all see, we should all understand, shouldn't be in this role, he is a competitive candidate as it stands, before there's been a re election campaign for him, before the media has gone to bat for him. That means to me that they're still holding out hope that they can push him across the finish line, that that's a serious possibility for them. But then again, what would the other What would the alternative be? You could have some kind of a convention floor fight and a consensus candidate would have to emerge. This has happened before in history. You go back and what was the president Garfield? I think this happened where they had a floor fight. This could occur, and you'd have to look at this and say, who is the one person that the Democrats would instantly coalesce around, who would excite the base, who would bring college educated, suburban voters, Black, female voters, I mean a lot of the core demographics for the Democrat Party, bring them not just to vote, but to be enthusiastically engaged. And it would be Michelle Obama. Now, there has always been this story that Michelle Obama is not interested in being president and not interested in the job and doing it, in running all of that, and I think there's probably a lot of truth to that. The Obamas are celebrated global celebrities now, both of them. Michelle Obama just made seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars for one speech. She gave overseas seven hundred and fifty grand for one speech. I don't know. I think maybe once Bill Clinton, when they were trying to buy him off, got eight hundred grand from some Russian affiliated bank or something that that paid him. But Michelle Obama got seven hundred and fifty grand. She gets to do exactly what she wants, be incredibly rich, and just go everywhere with people approving and telling her how wonderful she is. Even her in a role where she comes in, she like swoops in and saves a Democrat party from Joe Biden. There's gonna be a lot of opposition. There's gonna be Republicans, there's gonna be people who are questioning all that. So I don't think that this is going to happen.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Ted Cruz said that he believes it is significant as a possibility, didn't say it's going to happen. I think that the way that this could occur would be if, well, honestly, I don't think it's gonna happen. I think Joe Biden's gonna I think Joe Biden's to be the nominee. And I think that if Joe Biden were to have a real health event or something were to happen, they would just try to They would try to have Kamala Harris be the standard bearer and win the election. I really think that is reality. I really think that is the expectation of what would happen because this other stuff people coming up with, these other candidacies. I mean, who knows if RFK Junior runs third party, which may happen, that could very easily tank Trump against really any candidate.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Whatever advantage that he would have over Kamala, that might disappear very quickly if you have a third party RFK candidacy. So there's a lot of variables here that we have to take into account, a lot of things to consider in this process. It's not just some straight line. It's not obvious to understand what all the implications are here. Being healthy, feeling strong. Who doesn't want that? Well. Our friends at Chalk, our supplement company based in Texas that wants to help you feel your very best. They've got a great lineup of all natural supplements designed for both men and women. By far, their most popular products are their Male Vitality Stack and their Female Vitality Stack. The first one includes a leading ingredient that replenishes diminished amounts of testosterone and guys, that's needed by almost every guy, whether they realize it or not. The Female Vitality Stack is specifically formulated to provide what's needed for optimum hormone health. You're gonna find their products online. That way, you can save thirty five percent off any Chalk subscription you choose for life when you use my name in the purchase process. Go to chalk dot com. That's choq dot com. Use my name buck when you make your purchase to get thirty five percent off for the life of your subscription. Cancelable at any time. Chalk dot com and my name buck for thirty five percent off.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: Biden went to the UAW and here is what he said, save many times.
Speaker 4: Lall Street didn't build the country. The middle class built the country. Built the middle cloud the fact. So let's keep going.
Speaker 5: You deserve what you've heard, and you've earned a hell of a lot more than you're getting paid now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Joe Biden at the UAW, you're going to get all this good stuff. This is clearly twenty twenty four electioneering for the Union vote, which Joe Biden's going to desperately need, no question about that. And so as we look at this and as we try to come to an understanding as to where all this is going, Joe Biden is trying to position himself as once again a friend to the working man, if you will. But what I wanted to tell you is, if you look at Bidenomics by the numbers, there are a lot of problems right now, a lot of problems. You've got rates on car loans very high, mortgage rates very high. The monthly average payment for homeowners now stands in America at one hundred and sixty one dollars, which is an increase of one thousand dollars since before the pandemic. They're trying to bring inflation down. They're not able to bring inflation down. Everything is more expensive than it used to be. Demand for commercial real estate loans is at two thousand and eight levels. A record seventeen trillion dollars in household debt is outstanding. Total mortgage debt is now more than double the two thousand and six peak. Thirty six percent of Americans have more credit card debt than savings. These are all really sobering statistics. When you look at them, these are all things that when you add them all together, you say, this is an economy that a lot of people are being squeezed by, and that is enormously challenging for people who if you're trying to buy anything and finance it, if you've got credit card debt paying what close to a twenty percent APR and that credit card debt, I mean, there are big, big problems here in the economy. So while Joe Biden is you know, slapping hands with everybody over at the UAW and talk about how much he cares about them and their struggles, I think increasingly we have to understand the reality for people who don't have a lot of assets and don't have a lot of money is Biden has made their lives more difficult financially substantially more difficult. And this is the case with Democrats. This is what happens. This is what they're good at. Actually, you know, I'm talking about the economy right now. I'm also worried about This might sound really crazy, but things getting a lot worse and maybe even some bank runs. I mean, who knows. When you look at where interest rates are and what's happening here. Soft landing is not likely. Okay, So what's that rough landing going to do to you? To your bank account? Gold is something that you can take advantage of now to diversify your portfolio, purchase your gold from the Oxford Gold Group. Their team makes it simple and easy to get physical possession of gold. Having gold coins, for example, in a safe place at home is empowering. The Oxford Gold Group makes that easy to accomplish. Since I started investing in speaking of Oxford four years ago, their advice and direction has proven right repeatedly. Gold and silver can be protection for your portfolio and it can also be used as currency.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 2: Uh, call the Oxford Gold Group. It's who I use, it's who I trust. The calls free and the people on the receiving end of your call are knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eight three three four three zero buck eight three three four three zero b U c K. Or go to Oxford Gold dot com slash buck that's Oxford Gold. I'm sorry, Oxford Gold Group, Oxford Goldgroup dot Com slash buck or call eight three three four three zero two eight two five. So there you have it. Now, what else have we got going on?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi has said that it is probably a good idea if Menendez were to resign. Listen to this. Several host Democrats, along with New Jersey's Governor Phil Murphy, have all called on Center Menendez to resign.
Speaker 1: Do you think you should resign?
Speaker 3: I respect their position that they are taking, and the charges are formidable, and if in fact we're going to say that if you're indicted, you should resign, we have a situation in the House, as you know from the state of New York, that that would hold too. But right now, sadly, because of the challenges that we face, because the skepticism that exists in our country about governance, about this Republican party that doesn't believe in governance, don't believe in signs, so wants to take down everything in order to give tax breaks to the wealthiest. We've got to stay focused on that. And for that reason, it probably be a good idea if he did resign.
Speaker 2: Now, why would Nancy Pelosi suggests that a Democrat maybe should give up his Senate seat? And when you read this indictment, which I did, I actually read the indictment, Menendez, he's got money he's sewing it into his clothing. He's got gold bars, they've got some of the DNA of one of the Egyptian guys on some of the money that was given to him. I mean, the whole thing, my friends. It's astonishing when you see what the trail is right now. I mean, look, the guy was able to beat he was able to beat charges before hung jury. So I guess he's ready to just go forward again and fight it all out. I do not think he he's going to resign. I think it's funny that Pelosi says he should. He's not going to resign. He's going to fight this to the very end. And at some level. The brazenness, I mean, it's pretty remarkable. It's almost amusing. This guy's like, yeah, you found four hundred thousand dollars of cash all over my house, hidden away, like I'm some mafioso who's trying to hide cash from the government. But it's because I'm afraid of the Cuban government taking my stuff. I think guy was born in America. Doesn't really make much sense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: There's a little chatter in financial circle these days about when our federal government may announce a new form of US currency, a digital one. If the rumors are true, it would replace our current currency system. One well researched financial newsletter editor and former Wall Street insider thinks this is going to happen. His name is Tika Tawari. This is the type of thing you want to prepare for. He's exposing this government plan in revealing new video and showing you the three steps you need to take to prepare. See it online at dollar recall dot Com to watch this video that some in the government don't want you to. Dollar recall dot Com. Learn how to prepare before it's too late. Dollar Recall dot Com paid for by Palm Beach Research Group. All right, team, that's it for today. More Buck Brief Tomorrow Shield Hie