Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and XSP can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments.
Speaker 2: Could be too.
Speaker 1: There are risks associated with CBO company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at CBO dot com. Slash us underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 3: Welcome in episode one oh five What's Right with Nick Right? Our week fourteen gambling show, and I gotta tell you it's a show I've been dreading all week. Been very excited for all the different media this week because a couple weeks ago we didn't have the full run of podcasts or TV shows because of the World Cup and Thanksgiving. Last week we had the full run of podcasts, but we didn't have the full run of TV shows because of the World Cup. And all week long, there's been so many interesting, exciting things to talk about. The Lakers are alive again. The Chiefs actually lost, which makes them more interesting to talk about. There's all of a sudden Eagles fans hate me once again. There's so many fun things, but this show is, you know, I was forced to do some serious soul searching and look in the mirror and figure out where things have gone awroyd, because all year long the picks have been consistently mediocre. Whereas demons would say mid, the picks have been very mid this year. But what I'd said was we had avoid avoided the pratfalls and pitfalls of a one in four, of a disastrous zero for five, and because of that, we were right around five hundred couple games under with the ability for a late season push. And then Sunday happened, and we can throw them up there and show you Sunday we went oh and five, one and five, and easily could have gone oh and six. The only victory was a twenty twenty overtime tie where I had the Giants getting two and a half points. I said, Kenny Pickett shouldn't be the favorite on the road against anyone. They went out right. I said, the Chargers are desperate, they have to win. The Raiders dominated that football game. I said, Kansas City minus two was my favorite bet of the year. They lose outright, I gave you a bonus pick. I couldn't stay away from Jacksonville, laying one against the lowly Lions. The lowly Lions, the Lions, I think we're up thirty to six. And then also we had the one game that I felt a little unlucky on Colts Cowboys, where the Colts score a touchdown late in the third quarter, go for two to tie the game up. I'm getting eleven and a half points, and the Cowboys respond to that by scoring thirty three consecutive points thirty three to nothing in the fourth quarter. First time in NFL history that's happened to win the game by thirty five points. So I had to ask myself some hard questions because early in the year I had been getting unlucky in some spots. The process was sound. This Sunday, there was no unluckiness. They were just terrible, awful, no good picks in a weekend that everybody made money but me, because every favorite this past weekend one outright, except for my bet of the year of the Kansas City Chiefs. So what I did this week was very simple. I went back to an old school method of on Tuesday morning, looking at all the games, writing down what I believe the point spread would be should be, and picking then whichever one's the point spread that the actual listed point spread was off by more than two points, those became my selections, with one exception where the point spread was off by so much I threw it in the be careful category. So we have five picks this week. We will break them down as such. I will tell you what I thought the line was going to be, what the line actually is, and we will go with that. How's that sound demand before we get to the actual picks, because you haven't said anything yet.
Speaker 2: This show sounds good man? What I mean? Uh, I'm hoping this process is successful.
Speaker 3: Why don't you, as Chris Brussard, my television partner, would say, put some bass in your voice and say it with your chest. What you said to me moments before we went on the air.
Speaker 2: But that I'm going to start doing my own my own five picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and why are they're gonna start doing your own five.
Speaker 2: Picks to see if I end up doing No.
Speaker 3: That's not what you said.
Speaker 4: What you said was, oh, go ahead, I don't want to put my picks on here.
Speaker 2: Initially, no, because you did say that no shame.
Speaker 3: But there it is. He said, Now that I know that we have no shame, there's no embarrassment in going one in five, I might as well start doing it too. Are are you going to start that this week? Or is it now?
Speaker 2: Honestly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean because I've already I've already seen a couple of games on here that uh okay, but they're in they're in conflicting categories.
Speaker 3: Oh great, I'm excited that.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: That's the bulletin board material I needed to get back on track this week fourteen. So we have fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen eighteen. We have five regular season weeks left. That's twenty five games. If I go fifteen and ten the rest of the way, I'm still below five hundred. That's unacceptable. So I need to go What is the math on this? If I go sixteen and nine, I finished the year at five hundred, So eighteen and seven is what we're shooting for over the final five weeks. Eighteen and seven would be a nice healthy Is that right?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 3: Is that right? That's seventy two percent against the spread. That's hard. Yeah, that's really hard.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 3: I don't have to go eighteen and seven though, So can't I go seventeen and eight? Yeah? I said, yeah, seventeen and eight would be Yeah, seventeen and eight's would I have to go? That's a much more manageable sixty eight percent against the spread. Seventeen and eight would put me on the season two games above five hundred, which I can sleep with. Seventeen and eight is what we're shooting for, So that would mean we need over the final five weeks, three three and two weeks and two four and one weeks, or mix a couple five and oh's in there and give usselves the little breathing room. We start this week with the Jets at the Bills. I saw this game. I said, that's gonna be Buffalo minus seven. It is Buffalo minus nine and a half. That is far too many points. We are taking the Jets plus the nine and a half. The reason is as follows, the Buffalo Bills have not blown anyone out in months. Okay, every is still so high on the Bills for what they once were the Buffalo Bills. Let me just remind you the last time they truly blew someone out would have been the game against the Steelers on October ninth. Since then, they beat the Chiefs by four, They beat the Packers by ten in a game they should have blown out the Packers. You remember, you won some money on that game. They lost to these very Jets. They lost to the Vikings. They beat the Browns by eight, they beat the Bills by three, I'm the Lions by three on Thanksgiving, and they soundly beat the Patriots by fourteen. But even in that Patriot game, that game was a ten point game headed into the fourth quarter when the Patriots could do nothing all games. So I guess you'd probably say they did blow out the Patriots, But to me, it was not an overwhelmingly impressive offensive performance. The last time these two teams played, Josh Allen struggled immensely. Now everyone blamed it on the elbow, and maybe the elbow had something to do with it, but he struggled immensely. The Jets, on the other hand, moved the ball just fine, including the final drive of the game going the length of the field for the win.
Speaker 4: But what they have Mike White now, a less experienced quarterback. It's a big ask for him to get the game that close, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's far better than Zach Wilson, who I would argue Zach Wilson's game against the Bills the first time might be the best game of the dude's career. He had one hundred and fifty yards, but no turnovers, a one to one rating, drove the ball down the field at the end. I think that in the Jets, by the way, that was a gutsy performance by them against the Vikings last week. They ended up coming up short, but they easily could have won. If Braxon Burials holds onto that football, they do win. And the Bills, there's a weird thing happening with Buffalo. I don't want to spend too much time on it because I addressed it a bit on Thursday Show and I dressed it on TV. So much of the media is so shameless when it comes to when the Bills added von Miller, the commentary understandably was, I think this is the missing piece that puts them over the top. And when the Bills beat the Chiefs and the Bills early in the year looked like a juggernaut, folks were saying the difference is von Miller and they were right. Von Miller is now done for the year. It was announced on Wednesday with a blown acl And do you know what the commentary is, Oh, they'll be fine. Square that circle. He's the missing piece in my opinion. He had been their best player all season. Now he's done for the year. Oh, it's no problem. I'll tell you right now. I wouldn't sit here if the Chiefs lost Travis Kelce. I wouldn't sit here and be like, Oh, they're fine. Say it's a massive loss someone wildly important for.
Speaker 2: Them offensive defense. Though Travis Kelce I feel like is a way.
Speaker 4: Bigger loss than losing von Miller. Like, even though von Miller might be the player that he is, I was.
Speaker 3: Just thinking, if you lost your the best player on your team, that's not your quarterback. So that's why I said Kelsey. But if the Chiefs lost Chris Jones, I would be concerned. And so it's a weird thing. It's too many points. Jets plus nine and a half. Cleveland at Cincy is the next game. I thought this would be SINCEY minus three and a half. It is SINCEY minus six. So here's what people need to understand. The one team Cleveland has owned over the last few years is the Cincinnati Bengals, even with Baker Mayfield. For some reason, Kevin Stefanski has owned the Bengals, and this year the Browns, as bad as they've been, played the Bengals and beat him thirty two to thirteen. Baker Mayfield when he was there, owned the Bengals. Cleveland, on the other hand, now does have Deshaun Watson at quarterback. Now, Deshaun was awful against the Texans. Awful the Browns, I don't believe scored an offensive touchdown. There's special teams and two defensive touchdowns. I imagine quite a bit of that was rust, quite a bit of that was nerves. Now, do I think DeShawn is gonna seamlessly become a top eight quarterback again? I don't do. I think that the two years off from football are is gonna be something that might forever alter his career. Yeah, do I think it's definitely something that you're gonna see the effects of throughout this season. I do. With all that said, Cincinnati is coming off back to back massive victories. They beat the Titans in I guess you could argue they're coming off three straight massive victories. Beating the Steelers, a divisional rival, beating the Titans in a tard fought game, and then beating the Chiefs a bit of a letdown spot. Cleveland, on the other hand, it didn't play well at all last week, found a way to win. This, to me is a traditional AFC North three point game. It's six points is way too many points. I like Cleveland getting the six go ahead.
Speaker 4: So you said that even Baker on the Bengals, why can't Patrick Mahomes do it? I think Baker Mayfield has some type of edge that Patrick Mahomes doesn't.
Speaker 3: I think it's actually a weird Stefanski that head to Cleveland what he's been able to do against the Bengals. But what you're saying is not ridiculous. And I do think that the Chiefs and Andy Reid need to look at the Cleveland offensive game plans against Cincinnati over the last three years and figure out what they're what they've done that the Chiefs have not been able to do, because it is baffling how Cleveland has done so well against Cincinnati and so mediocre against everyone else, and now Cincinnati has done seemingly so well against the whole AFC except for against Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrows never beaten the Browns before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm Yeah, the Browns beat go too and zero against him every year. It's the Browns stink. It's unbelievable. And so it's just too many points, all right. Next one, Seattle is hosting Carolina. I thought there's was gonna be Seattle minus six and a half. It is Seattle minus three and a.
Speaker 2: Half, which is kind of eerie.
Speaker 3: Why you think it's in those should maybe be category.
Speaker 4: It seemed like Vegas does know what they're talking about when it comes to these things which I wasn't like super sure of in the beginning.
Speaker 2: I mean, like doing the whole betting thing.
Speaker 3: But now that you've been hambling year, yeah, I definitely see it.
Speaker 2: It's so it's a little strange to me.
Speaker 3: I understand that. And there was a game, there's a game that we're gonna get to in the be carefuls that was so strange that I that I just stayed away from it. But and I said, I think I wrote down for this game six actually not six and a half. It's Seattle minus three. Vegas does not believe in Seattle. Vegas flatly thinks Seattle is not a good team. Fair enough, but we know Carolina is not a good team, right. Seattle, on the other hand, they just they just played the Rams, they did not play well, and they a way to win. This to me really is more about the Panthers and how much respect should we be giving the Panthers right now, And my answer is very little to none. I think Seattle's defense, which was awful early in the year, then played well for a stretch and now is regressed a bit, can have a bounce back spot against the wretched Carolina offense. Seattle needs this victory. Seattle also has I'm sure Pete Carroll has been preaching to them with the Jimmy g injury all of a sudden, their ability to win that division. I don't think they're going to win that division, but their ability to win that division is right in front of them, and also preaching to them, this is a must win spot for Seattle because of that. Giants Washington tie. Both of those teams theoretically could make the playoffs. Giants Washington, Seattle. Two of them are making the playoffs. One of them isn't. Seattle has the record edge right now, on the well, not really. They have the record edge on Washington. They are I guess a half game behind the Giants Giants seventy four and one, Seattle seven to five, Washington seventy five and one. But what Seattle knows is this after this week Niners, Chiefs that following me by the way Jets, and then the end the season with the Rams, who the Rams stink, but they'd struggled with him. I almost lost to him last week. This is a must win spot for Seattle, an absolute must win game for Seattle. I like Seattle win by at least four points Seattle minus three and a half. Next this game that I understand why the line is where it is, but it's wrong. San Francisco laying only three and a half against Tampa. There is no scenario that I can see where Tampa can move the football on San Francisco. So I love San Francisco even with Brock Purdy, because I think they could cover the three and a half by getting to seventeen points. And I think San Francisco, I think maybe they could cover the three and a half by getting to fourteen points. You're not gonna is Tampa can't run on anyone, and you're not gonna be able to throw on this Niners pass rush. Brady is gonna be in self preservation mode the entire game. Now, I understand the idea of you're talking about Brock Purty against this Tampa defense. No, I'm not talking about Christian McCaffrey, Deebo, Samuel Brandon Ayuk, and George Kittle against this Tampa defense. They're going to be San Francisco is gonna be running the football consistently, They're going to be getting off the field defensively and three and outs repeatedly. This to me if we did it on this show. Under let me see what the total for the game is, but the under would be the play in this game in addition to the side. The total in this game, my guess is it's forty one and a half. Let me see where it's at. How close? Oh my goodness, gracious, the total is thirty seven. What a tiny under. That's the third smallest under we've had in the league all year. Yeah, so maybe the under is not as strong of a play as I quite thought if it's at thirty seven. But I just don't see how Tampa moves the football and here's the other thing for Tampa. Because they stole a victory last week against the Saints, Tampa didn't have to have this game. Tampa doesn't have to have this game. They don't even have to have the next game against the Bengals. They then get Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons to end the year, and the NFC South is imploding around them. I just don't I thought this line should be San Francisco minus six. Even with brock perty it's San Francisco minus three and a half. All lay the three and a half. I do not think Tampa is a near equivalent team to San Francisco. And by the way, let's and I know they're not saying they're a near equivalent team because the game is the well, no, that's right, the game is in San Francisco. Let's not forget the fact. So they're saying, because you don't get a full three points for home field anymore, but you get at least two and a half. They're saying it's a one point game on a neutral field. No, it's not. You add to it that Tampa demanse, I know you don't love this, but it's a thing that long flight you gotta go cross country from Tampa all the way to San francs.
Speaker 4: I believe it from when it comes to Seattle to Germany. But when it comes from Tampa to where San Francisco, San Francisco, it's a.
Speaker 3: Long flight, long flight, Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: I've got a stat for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tell all right, So, first of all, Shanahan sucks is a favorite, and he's nine and twenty nine straight up without Jimmy Garoppolo as his quarterback. Seems like it might be a little bit of a track.
Speaker 3: That nine and twenty nine is wildly misleading. Here's why it's wildly misleading. Oh sweet, So CJ. Bethor Nick Mullins and Brian Hoyer. Okay, other than the couple of Trey Lance games with the quarterbacks, for the entirety of that nine and twenty nine, those are not NFL caliber quarterbacks. They've started no games essentially cumulatively since leaving San Francisco. Now you might say rock Perty's not NFO, But what are you laughing about?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I was gonna say something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't know that. We'll see. He looked actually quite good in the game this weekend.
Speaker 2: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: But the other part of that is Jimmy G got hurt at the That record incorporates the Niners before Nick Bosa even got there. They have a similar record with and without Jimmy G that they have with and without Nick Bosa. Nick Bosa's thirty six and sixteen, there are Kyle changers thirty six and sixteen when Nick Bosa plays. This Niners team is not the same caliber, either because of injury or because players hadn't arrived as the previous Niner teams that were devastated by injury plus didn't have Jimmy Garoppolo. And I'm not worried about that nine and twenty nine Tampa that offense. Now, I still believe Tampa can be a scary playoff team, but we're not in the playoffs yet. San Francisco should be favored by more than three and a half. We're laying the three and a half of San Francisco. And lastly, this line shocked me so much that when I saw it, I wanted to make sure Justin Herbert hadn't been injured and I didn't know it. The Chargers are getting three points against Miami. The Chargers are gonna win this game outright. That another by the way, long flight Miami all the way. Now, let me tell you something, East coast to West coast not as tough as West coast to east coast because the West coast to East coast usually involves a one pm kickoff for a team that their body clucks ten am. That's not the situation here, however, this is a must win game for the Chargers. Miami is stuck, you know, after being hot, got exposed a bit this past weekend. And there are certain things that play off, play out in storylines, and there have been far too many members of the media that have been puffing their chest out with the oh, I told you to a greater than Herbert, not a bad take when it's a horrible take. And this is a game where justin Herbert plays a great football game looks like a franchise quarterback. Tua struggles once again, still dealing with injuries on the offensive line, granted not as bad as the injuries last week. Miami. Some of the bloom is off the rows, if you will. After this weekend's game his national television Sunday Night Football, I thought it would be Chargers minus one it's Miami minus three. Give me the Chargers getting the three points.
Speaker 4: Hey, you gotta go watch Manuel Acho's good, bad and the ugly clip on Twitter, and then you gotta come back to this pick.
Speaker 3: I have listen. I have a lot of respect for Emmanuel. He's a colleague in a pal. I think to use a his Tua Justin Herbert opinion is going to age like milk. I think that it is going to be something that unfortunately now maybe mine will maybe we'll throw it at me, I think, and Colin Cowherd and I have both quietly tried to talk a Manuel out of this emit. He is entrenched. I do not think it is going to age well. I think it is insane to believe that Tua is better than Justin Herbert, and I think Sunday Night will be evidence of that. And so I like the Chargers to win. I like the Chargers obviously the cover of the three and there it is five Picks of the week, Jets plus nine and a half, Cleveland plus six, Seattle minus three and a half, San Francisco minus three and a half, and the Chargers plus three. We only have because there are six teams on a bye this week final bye week of the year, we only have a handful of games to get to in the final categories. We will or it might be. By the way, four teams on a buy. How many teams are on a buy this week? Four? Four teams are on a bye this week. No, it is six, thank you demanse. Six teams want to buy this week. So there's only thirteen total games. So we only have seven other games to get to because we don't do the Thursday night football games on this show. Even by the way, I do like the Raiders in tonight's Thursday Night football game, but that's you guys will have already seen the game, so do. Our stay aways are be carefuls and our perfectly priced with maybe our biggest be careful game of the year. That's all next, What's right?
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tanya, and Bobby Canavani. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright, Episode one oh five, our week fourteen gambling show. We got to get back on track, so we went through the old school Mike and the Mad Dog or Simmons and sal method of guessing the lines privately and using that to make our picks publicly. So we have our five picks Jets plus nine and a half, Seattle minus three and a half, Cleveland plus six, San Francisco minas three and a half, and the Chargers plus three. Now our three other categories stay aways beat Careful's in perfectly priced. Our three stayaways are Jacksonville at Tennessee, Houston at Dallas, and Baltimore at Pittsburgh. So Jacksonville at Tennessee Tennessee's laying four to stay away for a number reasons. One is Trevor's a little banged up, another is the Jags were so wildly disappointing against the Lions, and another is because you guys, Uh, won't let me bet the Jags anymore, so I have to stay away.
Speaker 4: From Yeah, I think the Jags should be in the perfectly priced category no matter what team they play from now on, play from now on?
Speaker 2: What do you mean, how bad they are? Every team's gonna cover on them.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, that's that's not perfectly price. You're saying that their opponent should be in the picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You think that Tennessee minus four? Oh, is that gonna be one of your plays?
Speaker 2: Buddy?
Speaker 3: You like the Titans. You like the fact that Trevor Lawrence has never beaten the Titans. You like all that. Okay, I here's the thing. A man's got to know his limitations. My analysis on the Jags thus far this year has been a touchoff, So I'm I'm not gonna argue with you on it. I'm simply saying it's a stay away. The Jags are gonna be in a stay away for me the rest of the year because every week I see him. Every week, I want to bet them, and I just need to stay away from him. I don't know why I want to bet the Jags so much, but I do. Once upon a time I did this with the Carolina Panthers with Cam Newton, and it worked out brilliantly for me. The year they went fifteen and one did not work out so brilliantly the next year. Sometimes one of these six foot six inch stallions of a quarterback. I just can't get past the fact that I just feel like they should win every game they play. Next, stay away Houston at Dallas. Dallas is laying sixteen and a half points. This is a stay away purely for this reason. It is irresponsible gambling. And when a line in the NFL is this big to not take the dog, to not take Houston, it is also irresponsible gamble to bet on Houston at this point in any context. They allowed zero defensive touch or offensive touchdowns against the Browns. They scored one defensive or special teams touchdown, and they still couldn't cover. That team is a total disaster. So I'm not allowed to lay sixteen and a half. I'm not gonna bet on Houston. So it's a stay away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I mean, and then they're run down there saying that Doubt was capable of blowing any team out by twenty on any given night, and Houston's really bad yeah, but that's also one of my picks.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Houston with the sixteen and a half.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's sharp gambling by taking it.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of points, man, it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of points. They get up seven to nothing and all of a sudden, I feel like the game's over all right. Last one is Baltimore at Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh laying two and a half. It's a stay away right now because of the uncertainty surrounding Lamar. It doesn't look like he's gonna play. He's probably not gonna play. But then there's also the question with a Lamar has been playing, is it that much of a downgrade Tyler Huntley, I don't know. The quarterback injury stuff always makes these games to stay away. For staying away now to the be careful Only two games in the be careful category Minnesota Detroit in Kansas City at Denver. The Minnesota Detroit line is one of the most outwardly disrespectful things I've ever seen. Vegas do Minnesota.
Speaker 4: I listen, it's because they beat wait, isn't Detroit the only team that beat them?
Speaker 2: Or the game hold on? Well?
Speaker 3: Minnesota this year has lost to the Philadelphia Eagles, and they're one other loss this year, trying to remember. I don't believe it was to Detroit. Maybe you're correct, but I don't believe that's correct. They're one of the loss this year came to the Cowboys. The Cowboys blow them out, so they have Minnesota is tending to Their losses are to the two teams most people think are the best teams of the conference, the Eagles and the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The line just makes sense if Detroit did beat them earlier that season or something.
Speaker 3: You know they now they played earlier this season in Minnesota and Detroit. That was the game, if I'm not mistaken that inexplicably, Dan Campbell kicked like a fifty five yard field goal at the end, up three, and Minnesota came back and won. I don't believe in Minnesota. I don't think Minnesota is a very good team. However, the fact that Vegas is telling us they think Minnesota and Detroit are equivalent talent teams when Minnesota's it's not like Kirk Cousins or Justin Jefferson are hurt. It is why Foight started the year one in seven. Now I understand they've won four consecutive games. I give them credit for it. It is I thought this line was going to be Minnesota minus three. It is Detroit minus two and a half. It is so off and it is so clearly daring you to bet the Vikings that I have to put it in the be careful category. It is this is a ten and again. I don't think the Vikings are that good, but a ten and two team being a dog again, Jared boff in the Lions is wild.
Speaker 2: Vegas probably believes in Trevor Lawrence just as much as you do.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Well that tell Trevor Lawrence Detroit just smacked the Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're saying. Maybe that's what it is. I don't know what it is. That line is baffling, and so I'm just throwing it. It's so far out of the realm what I thought it would be. I'm throwing the be careful category, all right, last be careful? Kan City at Denver. Kent City is laying nine and a half points. So I know what people are going to be thinking on this, which is are the Chiefs gonna score twenty? Because if they are, that's enough to cover nine and a half against Denver. I mean, Denver's offense is going backwards. That Denver's offense, like we've gone through it a number of times on the show, but they've scored like two touchdowns in the last month. Last week they didn't get in the red zone once. But it's just I mean, it's just just impossible how bad that offense has been. Right, They're averaging less than fourteen points per game this year. The Chiefs are coming off and you know they're angry. I'm sure Kelsey feels like he blew that game against Cincinnati with the fumble. Mahomes is upset. However, historically the Chiefs never lose to Thecos, but the Broncos at least once a year play them tight. And because of that, and because the entire gambling public is going to be on the Chiefs minus nine and a half, I'm throwing it in the be careful category.
Speaker 4: So since you're a Chiefs fan, you don't want to get on the Denver line here, because everything that you just explain basically says like bet on Denver.
Speaker 3: Well maybe except everything I just said, it explains bet On Denver. Everything we watched from Denver this year says, if you're only getting nine and a half points, the moment the Chiefs get to fourteen, you're like, I might be screwed. Like if I need a touchdown to cover this thing, I might I might be screwed. So to me, it's to be careful and lastly, we'll be quick. Here the perfectly priced games Philly at the Giants, Philly laying exactly seven. That's exactly what it should be. That Philly has shown the ability and they must be respected, even if I don't think they're making the Super Bowl that right now, teams have massive issues dealing with their diverse offensive attack. They're on the road, though, and it's a divisional game, so they shouldn't be favored by more than a touchdown, but they also probably shouldn't be favored by less than a touchdown. Philly minus seven feels like the exact right number.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Earlier you picked Watson and the Browns getting six them on the road because they felt like too many points for a divisional hundred dogs. Why not pick the Giants' dogs on this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just think that there is the added element of Cleveland's ownership of Cincinnati over the last three years that does not apply here. And the fact that Philly, by the way, has true motivation in that Dallas could catch them, so Philly needs all these games. Giants obviously need as well. To me the numbers just right, and New England and Arizona, New England favor by a point and a half. Arizona has the better receivers, the better offense, the better quarterback. All the golf and coaching between Belichick and Kingsbury is so great. New England deserves to be a slight favorite, not a big favorite, not even a field goal favorite, a slight favorite, particularly on national TV on an extended week. For New England, it is an extra extended week. They go from Thursday all the way to a Monday, so for all those reasons. But I think Arizona, by the way, was off last week, so they both have extended weeks. But I don't know that Kingsbury and Kyler are cooking anything up this weekend. You know, on the extra time, New England minds a point and a half feels like the right the exact perfect price, all right there it is. We have to give the right move, which has just been a total disaster. We'll do that Demonse's got some Pixie's given you. I'll see if we've got a teaser to give you. We'll do all that next. What's Right? All right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright, Episode one, Week fourteen, Gambling Show. Our five picks this week are the Jets plus nine and a half, Cleveland plus six, Seattle minus three and a half, San Francisco minus three and a half, and the Chargers plus three. Our right move of the week is the Chargers plus three against Miami. I believe they are going to win outright. Oh they they changed it to the wrong move and put crying Jordan on my face. That's how they're doing me. Now, that's tough. That is tough. It's deserved. I mean, god, damn three and ten on the right move. So far this year, it's such a disaster on regular picks, I am twenty six, twenty six and two on the right move, I'm three and ten. It's the entirety of my below five hundred record from the right move. But we're rolling with the Chargers plus three because we believe the Chargers are going to win outright. Before I give my exotic, I do have a great seventeen or seven point teaser, not seventeen point teaser. Do you have picks you want to give out?
Speaker 2: All right, so I'm obviously going with that.
Speaker 4: Houston and Dallas getting the sixteen and a half, uh huh, and Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Plus four or minus four against Mines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jackson getting the four, I mean, but yeah, I'm saying it the other way.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then I also want both of those games in the be careful category. I want Denver plus the nine and a half, okay, and I also want Minnesota minus the two and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay. Are you gonna do what I just honestly, yeah, I will go for a fifth one here.
Speaker 3: You don't have to if you only feel good about four, just do the four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So we'll do the four, and this this Pittsburgh one is the bonus one.
Speaker 3: What do you mean the Pittsburgh one is the bonus one.
Speaker 2: It's just basically none at all. I'll do the four.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, what the four? You feel good about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Demonte's picks are Houston plus sixteen and a half yep, Tennessee minus.
Speaker 2: Four, YEP, Denver plus nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Denver plus nine and a half, and Minnesota minus two and a half. So none in direct conflict with my picks. No, but but they're just.
Speaker 2: They were just a CIEs stay away.
Speaker 3: But my exotic is very simple, an old school two team seven point teaser. We are teasing the Kansas City Chiefs down to minus two and a half, so they just have to win by a field goal, and we are teasing the Chargers up to plus ten, so they just have to win or stay within ten points. That's a two team seven point teaser. Is minus one forty, so you gotta lay a significant big there, but be one hundred and forty bucks to win one hundred. That's our two team seven point teaser for the week. What's the offer this week?
Speaker 2: All right? I call this one? They uh, what if rock Party isn't good? Special?
Speaker 4: You can bet if Seattle Seahawks win the NFC West plus three hundred?
Speaker 2: Are you taking that?
Speaker 3: I'm not taking that, And it's not because I necessarily believe brock Purty is good. It is purely because I don't think there's enough value there given the fact that Seattle what they have after this week is the Niners, the Chiefs, and the Jets in three consecutive weeks. And I understand having the Niners could be beneficial for them because they win. However, they already lost once to the Niners this year and there even if they win.
Speaker 2: That out of the country game, wasn't that the game that was out of the country.
Speaker 3: A lot of games out of the country. I'm not sure if that one was or not.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you talking about the one where Seattle led to go to Germany? No, it wouldn't. That wasn't a Seattle led to go to Germany against Tampa. They wouldn't be out.
Speaker 2: Of the country twice.
Speaker 3: Even if Seattle beats the Niners, they don't hold the tiebreaker. They would have the same divisional record in the same head to head, So I don't even know what the next tiebreaker would be. Their probably conference record, and they don't hold that tiebreaker. So even if they were to beat the Niners, they could still not necessarily win the division and so the and Matt is adding if the Bucks beat San Francisco this week, in San Francisco beats the Panthers, then Seattle all of a sudden becomes the favorite. Okay, the Bucks are not gonna beat San Francisco this week, however, and if you think that's gonna happen, then just bet that instead of betting Seattle plus three hundred to win. I don't like it. I'm rejecting this.
Speaker 2: So can.
Speaker 4: I also add in that if you parlay the Texans on the money line, it goes up to plus forty seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, you add the Texans on the money line to any of your bets this week and it's gonna go crazy. Unfortunately, losing bets are worth zero, so it doesn't matter what the odds are. The Texans are not winning that game out right, you know what. Maybe they will, but I'm not. I'm having nothing to do with it. That is our Week fourteen gambling show. Hopefully you didn't listen to me last week. Hopefully we all do better this week. Talk to you guys on Monday. What's right