Speaker 1: He on air meeting. We would absolutely love to talk to mister Grannell. I think we're gonna do it right now. Who cares, We'll take a break whatever, Okay, yep, excellent, Welcome to the show. Richard Grannell, Acting Director of National Intelligence President Trump's cabinets, among other things, US Ambassador to Germany from twenty eighteen to twenty twenty. Special Presidential Envoy for Serbian KOs of O peace negotiations from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty one. Mister Grannell, how are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: What if you happen generally call you mister secretary or oh no, I want to be respectful here.
Speaker 2: You can just call me Rick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rick, it's good to meet you.
Speaker 2: Nice to meet you guys. Well, where are.
Speaker 1: We on this whole story? Quick story, the assassination attempt.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm I'm still in the angry phase. I don't understand what happened. Yeah, I don't think we have answers. It doesn't make any sense. People are are very angry and nervous about what the government is and is doing. We see a building that's not covered and that's unacceptable. And when I say it's unacceptable. It means that it's totally unacceptable to allow this to continue to happen. I heard the Secret Service this morning announce that they're going to brief Congress or a waste of time. What do you mean you're going to brief Congress? This was a public event. A member of the public was shot. We all saw it. We all feel fear. They have a responsibility to come clean and tell us very simple answer. This is not going to be a lot of spin. Why wasn't the building covered? That's a very simple question, and there's a very simple answer. We didn't have enough money to put someone there, or someone was supposed to be there that wasn't and we didn't follow up, or we didn't think of it us. I hope, I pray to God that it's just incompetence, right, and not a strategy, because a lot of people are nervous that it's a strategy.
Speaker 1: Sure, because how did he know that building was I mean, you don't show up with a gun and hope there's a building in.
Speaker 2: Central answer and we need to demand this answer. And we also, by the way, Averralhines, the Director of National Intelligence, has been getting away with being very silent for three and a half years. What did our intelligence community know? Why didn't they know something about this where they're even watching? Is this an intelligence failure? It may well be, maybe it's not. Maybe it's just a one off. But she should come forward and tell us that it was just a one off and we didn't have any information. Come clean, Averralhanes. Lastly, I'll just say this. We have the media in Washington, DC that we all know are just propaganda for the Democrats. That's part of our problem here today. It's part of why we are in such a divided country. Imagine a world where the media are just skeptical of both Republicans and Democrats. Agin going back to that holding Joe Biden account to account, We've seen that he was senile for three years. This is not a surprise to the New York Times or Kristen Welker on Meet the Press. She's watched this, and so when they don't ask proper questions, we all suffer. So we've got to shake the media into a moment here.
Speaker 1: I've often said it's a miracle Republicans ever win elections if you have the entirety of the media academia and entertainment against you. I mean, I think that speaks to the strength of conservative ideas honestly. But getting back to the assassination attempt briefly, we tend not to go down the rabbit holes of conspiracy quote unquote, yeah, a lot of time conspiracy. It's an overused term. But to refute the conspiracy theorists, you have to state that there was such an astounding level of incompetence yeah, at that event, that it's hard for people to buy exactly.
Speaker 2: And this is my reason for calling upon a public briefing, is to calm the public because we just need They're very simple answers. You don't need to spin us. There is a very simple answer to why that building wasn't covered, and we've all seen the other social media posts about possible people confronting seeing him. We also just need to know the answer of why that wasn't immediately acted upon. And I do think that the American public would get and would if someone said it was just in competence.
Speaker 1: We messed.
Speaker 2: We understand things like that happen, right, we need to know.
Speaker 1: That's why I think you're right that bigger picture, this is a real crystallizing it moment of does anybody ever get held accountable? Do we ever get an answer for anything? Because it seems like no nobody ever gets held accountable for a mistake. We never get an answer to anything.
Speaker 2: And we could be having a funeral pronomine right, oh yeah, oh yeah, well.
Speaker 1: We could, but thank god right who entered my lord? Yes, It just it strucks me that the American people wouldn't respond negatively to I dropped the ball. It was my department. Here's what went wrong, Here's how we're going to figure I think you'd be rewarded for that.
Speaker 2: So I just well, after you are forced to resign, there's that.
Speaker 1: Haven't we all lost a job?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I want to get Rick Grenell, it's a great pleasure to talk to you. After a couple of minutes, we really appreciate all the best.