Speaker 1: It's nine O Genegen with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: What did you just?
Speaker 3: Did you even know before you watch this that this was the infamous Palm Springs filming?
Speaker 1: This was it?
Speaker 3: This was it.
Speaker 1: This was when we went to Palm Springs and went out to dinner.
Speaker 2: Please tell me everything.
Speaker 3: Wasn't there that night. We've talked about it, but what she's referencing is the out to dinner where we all went out to dinner and I notoriously peede in bread bread bull. Correct it wasn't even a bull. No, no full loaf of bread.
Speaker 1: Bread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just a loaf of bread, removing.
Speaker 2: Those just joining us? Why?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Right? Sorry? And why this is an episode of that OMG.
Speaker 3: In case you were confused, that's not why Amy asked why?
Speaker 1: But well, I was just excited that we were on location, Like I got to go, You got to go. Everybody was there.
Speaker 2: Everybody got body got to go. Which I want to talk in detail about the Rancho Rancho Lost Palms.
Speaker 1: There's so much to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, to start with the pee and then get into it.
Speaker 3: We're going to.
Speaker 1: Start with the p Yeah, Well, we were all out to dinner I'll set the stage and then you can give them the details. We were all details with our makeup and hair teens and everybody was there. Yeah. It was like a big, long table full of people eating and drinking. We were just having the best time. And then yeah, yeah on the property and they.
Speaker 2: Also rancho lost palms.
Speaker 1: And then all of a sudden or went under the table.
Speaker 3: All of the sudden. Well, it was like it was like into dinner, into drinking, into all the We've been there a while, you guys, there was a table. Imagine what people thought around us, like it was the most giant table, like last supper had nothing on us. It was the longest table I've ever seen in my life put together in the middle of the restaurants. No eyes on us, like oh.
Speaker 2: And not for nothing. Yeah, this was at the height.
Speaker 3: So so I'm sure people in the restaurant were.
Speaker 2: Like, what the hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were not the people that you wanted to sit next to in a restaurant.
Speaker 3: So but we all you know what the good thing is when we're all together. We laughed so hard that we cry and pee. Apparently no, apparently you do, you do? It was back in the day. It was my thing, but anyway, so I would get lazy. It was just like when I would change wardrobe in the makeup trailer and I didn't care who was watching because I was too lazy to walk back to my dressing room. Kind of the same thing. We had a huge loaf of bread and they kept bringing bread to the table, like endless bread, and it was huge, like one of those sour dough loafs. So I took off the top of it. And you're right, I did not scoop it out because the bread can soak it up. And I don't believe I went down under the table. I believe I squatted.
Speaker 1: Lower lower, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Brought in hand under me and you know what, I don't It all went in, it filed it up. That bread just sucked it up, and then I put the top back on and put it back on the table. Correct.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I did not do that, Jenjen, you have.
Speaker 1: Never heard the story, sugarman.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I guess she doesn't listening to our show, Jen.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've watched it. I've heard it so many times.
Speaker 2: It's actually a little bit funny and a little bit gaggy. At the same time.
Speaker 3: Totally really yeah is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Mortified my sister or she she doesn't like when I do things like that.
Speaker 2: It's the putting it back on the table.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe I need to put it back on the table, Jen, I put it back on the table.
Speaker 1: I think I remember you putting it.
Speaker 2: Back on the table.
Speaker 3: But we were done with dinner by this By this point, was.
Speaker 2: Everyone laughing or were they like horrified?
Speaker 3: Oh? They were like on brand. The worst part is nobody really flinched because clearly things like this had been done before. That's the scary part. They were all, well, that's tour yep.
Speaker 1: Well what's happening? Oh yeah, she's just painting in a liquid bread. It's nothing, it's fine.
Speaker 3: Hand before we totally say like, how horrible I am that.
Speaker 1: I say, you're horrible.
Speaker 3: I know I did. I did. It's kind of funny mm hmmm. Uh. Jen. After we went back to the rooms that night, what'd you do? Oh?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Wait, was there pies?
Speaker 2: Uh huh. It's coming back to her, which is closing pies?
Speaker 1: You and Tiffany, Oh yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I think Torri does tell me that's convenient. I do. Okay, So here's what happened. They had pies they got I don't even where did you get the pies from that part? I don't know because I was not included till I was included, till we all knew. But I had gone back to my room because I was sharing a room with Jamie. We had like connecting No, not like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, the amount of I have because.
Speaker 3: Jamie and I were super close, and I was like, oh my gosh. He was like, we were supposed to drive down together. Then he had to record something or something and he couldn't drive down together. So I went down with everyone, and I was scared to stay alone, and so he stayed with me. I think you and Tiffany were staying together. Jamie and I were staying together. I feel like Kathleen then joined us. Correct she hasn't joined us in the show down bumps rings she gets there, Yeah yeah, yeah, So she arrived every days later, and me and Kathleen and Jamie shared this like room. I'm just setting the stage because next door, I hear screaming. I hear everything, and basically, yeah, Jen and tiff went to the doors. It was like ding dong, ditch, mine's the ditch ding dong and crew opened the door in the face.
Speaker 2: Pie in the face.
Speaker 3: No, with whipped cream on these pies? Uh huh.
Speaker 1: We planned ahead for this and like brought cream and hands like because those couldn't have been where'd we get real pies?
Speaker 3: No, there were pies. There were chunks of cherry everywhere. Oh, there was cherry wall to wall cherry apple. Now you had multiple pies. There was nothing hard like a pecan or anything. No, oh no, no cheesecake. God, it was like apple cherry. But you guys got whipped cream and put it on the top. You did get that from the restaurant.
Speaker 1: How old were we when all of this debauchery was.
Speaker 3: Happening nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, you were like, how well twenty two?
Speaker 3: Okay, ten twenty two some.
Speaker 2: Being a little bit older.
Speaker 1: It's a little old to be acting in acting.
Speaker 2: But first of all, let me please, I beg of you, ask you a thousand questions. Cool Number one. All that this made me think about was a week and a half ago you were all together, which we haven't talked about yet a little less than a week and a half ago, a week ago? Were there any peeing pies any kind of these antics at steel Con when you were all there? So it was you two, Shannon, Iron, Jason, Gabrielle, even Bryan Bryana. Of course was there a dinner? There was there pies?
Speaker 3: What happened one night? There was a similar table. There was a long table.
Speaker 1: Oh right, no ping and no pie.
Speaker 2: So I say, look look at us.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of us.
Speaker 2: Was there any we were just waiting that I have to know? Like, was there any story from this steel Con that I need to know? An Iron Jason's story? Prefer maybe a Brian if Tory. Who do you of those three who got about your most flirtiness just for fun?
Speaker 3: No funn What are we talking about here at steel Con?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: With them?
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 3: Not now, see that's your dream boat.
Speaker 2: Totally, especially after this episode. There's a lot of shirt off. But we'll get to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, uh oh wait Jen there What the only big standout to me was is that combo? Yees? Yes, sir? Is that conversation you and I had in the green room with Juliette Lewis.
Speaker 2: Oh oh right?
Speaker 3: Real?
Speaker 1: She was so nice?
Speaker 3: Tell us so cool you guys. Yes, hey, so by the way, you guys, we fan girl out too, Like I literally said, like she was so cool, and it was like the green room eating lunch. We were about to fly out, and I said to Jen, can I ask her for a picture? And you were like yeah, of course. But I was like, I feel so weird doing that because I know my whole life like when I'm working and stuff like I'm happy to do it, but I don't want to ask another celebrity like, oh, you know you've been working. She was very lunch and I was like she couldn't have been nicer. She was like, I'm just gonna hold the food in my mouth.
Speaker 2: She's pretty legit because she was like she has so many iconic movies plus yellow Jackets, like she's so legit. Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was cool because I showed a picture of me and her to my daughter Stella, and she was like yellow Jackets. I was like, yes, I finally have a arrived. She knows like I'm friends.
Speaker 1: I did not see you take a picture with her. That must have been after I left.
Speaker 3: Right, you gave me permission, you said, I could you built up my confidence.
Speaker 1: I said it would be Okay, Yeah, was there.
Speaker 3: Anyone like good luck on that private flight? Hope you make it? No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Was there anyone else there that gave you a little bit of the oh the like celebrity tingle, like oh, I don't want to talk.
Speaker 3: But wait, let us finish this story, because it was a callback. We were telling Juliet Lewis how we did our first convention together where which we based BH nine O two and oh, this is where Jenna and I got the story from where it was the first reunion at a convention with the entire cast, including Luke, and this is where we got royally screwed.
Speaker 1: And you were pregnant. I was pregnant. This was like our first convention, I think. Yeah, so we didn't know how to do it. We didn't know, like we didn't know you're supposed to like get a out of your money up front, right, the boys we went to this but yeah, Jason and Luke knew that they needed to get their money up front, and so they did. And then we thought afterwards, we were going to go into this office and get our get paid for our time, settle it up. Oh no, we walked into this office and it's full of people. It's brimming with all of like, who was that new Kids on the block or.
Speaker 3: Something, Joey Fatone. It was like, yeah, there was a there was new kids. Of course she paid. She loved that pig farmer, pig farmer. Oh it was hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, yeah. And so we we went up to the people and asked them for our money and they were like, yeah, we don't have it, and Gab with us. You It was me, you and Gab, I think, trying to defend for ourselves in there, and none of the guys were in there with us.
Speaker 3: As we're doing this, and I, you know, I was pregnant and I was kind of slinking off. But I don't know why I said I was pregnant. It's irrelevant. Usually Jen is the one that stands up for the two of us, because I'll be like, oh, I don't want to say anything. But it was our money. We had worked our butts off all weekend. We were promised this money and they said we'll pay you out afterwards.
Speaker 1: No that never, no, no, lesson learned.
Speaker 3: But we remember there was like a window in this room. So as we're waiting in line and literally someone on the table, money box open, just like cash cash. Oh, and everyone's just like every celebrity's just like, okay, wait in the line, waiting our turn. We see Jason and Luke go by and they look up and they're like, are you okay? And we're like and they're like, no, hey, call us calls me mean anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they just kept walking. They went straight to their car and went to the airport, correct with all their money, right with their paychecks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So as usual, I'm like, oh cool, genial handle is for us. And I was like shying off to the side.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how I somehow I managed to get like some cash in my hand for when I was trying to like figure out how to divide it, because how.
Speaker 3: Much did you get our full payment? No idea, three thousand dollars in cash? You got all they were guaranteed, what thirty five thousand each favorite nations.
Speaker 2: And you got one thousand each? M hm. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So I had the cash sitting on my I was sitting in like a high chair and I had the cash sitting on my leg because I don't even know why I'd put it on my leg. But that's when what's his name on that? Wait for what's his name on the show?
Speaker 2: He's on a Yellowstone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: For a moment though, I looked over it and Jen was just like she was countenant and she it looked very sexy. It was experts. You could have worked in Vegas.
Speaker 2: That was like Penis.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, you had this. It was casino.
Speaker 1: And then so some man walks up to me. I did not know he was quite honestly. He walks up and takes the cash off with my leg and literally takes the cash, grabs it and starts to go through. I was like, hey, hey, what are you doing. That's our money, and she stands up.
Speaker 3: At this point, I stood up.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, that's our money, and he turns around, comes back to me like this close to my face and said, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 2: Did you say I'm Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 1: I should have no, I just I said. That was that moment of decision making in my mind where I was like, this guy's either going to kick my masks or I just stand up to him. And I decided to just stand up to him. I said, who the are you? I don't even know what happened. I think Gab like intercepted, but you were just like terrified.
Speaker 3: Shaking in the corner, but like, oh my god, texting like you guys, the most amazing things happening.
Speaker 1: You don't know what did he did he take our money?
Speaker 3: I thought he literally grabbed it.
Speaker 1: I feel like I took it back.
Speaker 3: You took it back, You took it back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anyway, that was our story that he was.
Speaker 3: So did you ever to you?
Speaker 1: It was really aggressive?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get paid in full?
Speaker 3: That was it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: The next day the company it was rewind con correct and they went under. They filed for bankruptcy. Nobody got paid. We all talked about the story when we see each other. Did Joey Fatone and remember this? And everyone's like, oh my, I mean it.
Speaker 2: Was except for Luke and Jason.
Speaker 1: They made like bandits in their private whatever car to the airport.
Speaker 2: He got to hand it to them for being smart.
Speaker 3: But happened? Then you told Luke and oh yeah, I told Luke.
Speaker 1: I think he called or something. He was like, what's going on? I heard something's going down with I was like yeah, And I told him what happened, And he told he said from hold On, he called and he explained the situation, and I think either came back and apologized or he called.
Speaker 3: I think Jen you you said he had him called. I don't remember him apologizing to you that later.
Speaker 1: I feel like he came up to me later that day because I remember him very casually come up now that I'm talking about, I remember him coming up to me and saying, hey, we're good, right, yeah, I committed a grand theft.
Speaker 3: In my mind, I thought he like, because Luke called him and they knew each other, that he like came up to you or called you and gave you this whole apology. We're good right, No, we're good on brand.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So based on that, like we told that story, you know, to the writers, to networks, and based on that story, that was what b H nine O two now the pilot.
Speaker 2: The first show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talk about all being at a convention. It came good good and instead of like the money getting stolen, which we had originally put in there in the show, I steal the dress.
Speaker 1: But in the you know, this is us being at another convention, this last time, and nothing too exciting happened other than just meeting a ton of amazing fans.
Speaker 2: What about the geek from sixteen Candles Toy, Anthony Michael.
Speaker 1: Hall, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald.
Speaker 2: First of all, Molly Ringwold. Actually, yeah, Mollie Ringwold would have me a little off kilter because I would be like, what do we call it? Like when you glitch? I would glitch a little bit on that.
Speaker 3: So bringing it back around, I asked Jen the same thing, because we were at dinner, at this long table, and they were behind us. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: No, no, yeah, the Breakfast Club. Michael Anthony Hall was.
Speaker 2: There, Anthony Michael Hall, but he does go by Michael.
Speaker 1: I keep getting it confused all weekend.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Anthony, Michael Howser, You're like, I don't know what do the Houser? Great? Perfect?
Speaker 1: And Jen Nelson was there with Icon Ali. She was a hole there.
Speaker 3: I don't remember seeing her at dinner, but again them and Molly Ringwall. So Jen's giving me a play by play and her friend Ben and Clarine he's.
Speaker 1: Looking at you. He's looking over here. We were like, go ask him.
Speaker 3: She doesn't carry In all fairness, your friend Ben was like he wanted to do it like a dry bias what it's called, like walked by, but the bathroom was the other way, and I was like, I love him from Weird Sung so and I was like in general, like sixteen Candles, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wait, So did you get to meet Anthony Michael Hall.
Speaker 3: It was his birthday. We didn't even know. They're saying happy birthday, and everyone was like, this is your chance turned around a cupcake because Jen told me to drop a napkin and then said.
Speaker 1: Drop a napkin and then just kind of glance, and.
Speaker 3: I go, I can't because I know how people have stared at us over the years, and I just didn't want to be that person him.
Speaker 2: Harmless, like nicest guy. I would be nervous about Molly Ringwold, but not Anthony Michael Hall. Easily be like.
Speaker 3: Hey dude, they bring out a cake. It's his birthday. So we're like, oh, so we all turn around and seeing happy birthday to him, and the whole restaurant is and there's his table's videotating everybody. So after so Jen, right after you left, I did go over to him and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I took a picture.
Speaker 3: I have a picture, and he of course I've met him before years ago, I still felt weird. And then Molly ringwalden.
Speaker 2: I was just like, yeah, that that would overwhelm me.
Speaker 3: The life dreamed out of me. I got so excited. I didn't know what to do with myself. It's some people want to meet sorry, some people want to meet Madonna. I was like, Molly Ringwald is my history. I mean, only thing weird and not. I would have like crumbled if it was Jake Ryan.
Speaker 2: But oh, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know nobody can find it.
Speaker 3: And like, so I said her. She goes, we've never actually met, and I said, Hi, So I'm Torri and she's like, no, I know, And I said, Luke had the loveliest things to say about you. Yeah, they worked together on Riverdale and we had and then I went back to the table and I'm scared to take a picture with her, and she introduced me and her husband, and Jason was like, oh, tomorrow in the green room, I'll get a picture with you and her, and it just never happened.
Speaker 2: But okay, so ironically she was. She was married to Luke on Riverdale. They were divorced on the show, but they each played the parents of the main kid Archie or whatever think of Archie. Yeah. Okay, oh my god, I'm so over with questions. Davis.
Speaker 3: Can we tell this story, Jen?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Yes at the end of the con. So at the end of the con one of the handlers comes over and says, he said, okay, if I bring Geena Davis over to meet you guys, Yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 3: I guess wait first gen they came by each of our tables and they were taking photos because she might want to buy one of our photos signed.
Speaker 2: To stop it.
Speaker 3: Stop it. They did like an overview of the tables just to text her. They said to Jenn he came over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm over. He came over, and Ian kept her waiting because I was like screaming at him across the thing.
Speaker 3: I was like, I hurry up.
Speaker 2: She's an Oscar winner.
Speaker 3: But Ian, in all fairness, didn't know. He thought we were just calling him as usual, like come over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then he gets over there and he's like.
Speaker 3: I was like, we're waiting for you. He's like sorry, and then he's like, oh ga fun.
Speaker 2: Gina Davis fact Tory. See if you can answer this, what is one of her earliest jobs on an eighties sitcom.
Speaker 3: My brain wants to say, Oh, but why would I say no?
Speaker 2: Give me ten seconds?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Star starred someone that went on to become a huge star. Huge star. In fact, he started to become a huge star while doing this sitcom, in that he did the sitcom during the day and filmed one of the biggest movies of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh my, was he on with the guy? The guy with the wife?
Speaker 3: Mister Belvidere.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's married to Poland.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got it's got it. Yes, he's got it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what his name.
Speaker 2: He's went back to the future. Michael, Yes, Michael. So, Gina Davis had a very good job.
Speaker 1: Family.
Speaker 2: Maybe a couple episodes are on family ties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. She is gorgeous and tall and perfectly it's just so nice, so nice.
Speaker 3: You guys, she hasn't aged a day.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Susan Sarandon was there too, right. It was like a was it a reunion of Thelma Louise As we were.
Speaker 3: Talking to Juliet Lewis and telling her this story and she's like, no, Oh my god, She's like she was like, oh, this is great. I turned to like look at her and passed her. At the table behind was Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon and insane. I locked her eyes with Susan Sarandon and I looked away. I looked away.
Speaker 1: I got so nervous, You'll be proud of me, and I went up to her and said, wo, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine being in the restaurant, being like our age in the restaurant and looking to your left and there's nine O two and oh, and looking to your right and it's the breakfast club. I actually would glitch out like I would. I fully would glitch.
Speaker 3: Like I was like a robot thing. Is this a work glitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like I think we talked about it once when I can't take credit for it, await. I was at I think I told you guys this story. I can't remember. It might have been a different show whatever. I was at lunch with two people from a very very very big show on television right now, and the server was so lovely, and she finally just was like, I'm so sorry, I'm totally glitching out, and like it was just the best way to like say it and lean into it because she was just couldn't really function until she acknowledged it, and then she was like, fine, but I would I think if I wasn't me and saw you guys, i'd fully glitch.
Speaker 1: Well, we glitched a little. It was so glitching. Yeah, because everybody was at that dinner was like a cast dinner pretty much. Oh, Shannon wasn't with us. Shannon wasn't there.
Speaker 2: To get us back on track. Okay, yeah, wait, let's just talk about it a few things. We're going to go back to this episode, and from everybody listening, don't worry, we're going to cover every detail. We're gonna make this a two parter. So this week you're going to get some of the overview and next week we'll get into all the nitty gritty. But what I want to talk about is you all went to Palm Springs together to Ramcho Los Palmis, which I think at the time, I think it was a Marriott. I think it's an Omni. It's still around, and I know many many people I don't spoiler alert that go hunting for the stairs, Tori, like many people try to find the stairs, which.
Speaker 3: Remember last year I was there and I was like, this place looks so familiar, and I was asking my kids, Hey, guys, have we come here before? And they were like maybe I couldn't. And it wasn't until I posted some picture there not near the stairs that people were texting me and like, you know, you're at that resort with the stairs, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, man, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean, really we go back and say where we are, what we're doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my one question is you peede in the bread bowl at the Rancho Lost Palmis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so nobody eat the bread at Rancho Lost Palmis just to be safe.
Speaker 3: Wow that bread still around what now twenty nine thirty years on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's scary.
Speaker 2: Ever, so, did we do the synopsis for this episode?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, okay, okay, okay, Well, eventually we're going to talk about Season five, episode thirty one ps I Love You, Part one, aired May twenty fourth, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. The Walshes put their house on the market and leave for Hong Kong. Meanwhile, the gang heads to Palm Springs, where Valerie goes in hard for a drunken Brandon Walsh. Kelly stays back at the beach house, hosting Alison lash who professes her love and Dylan search for a movie investor may have led him into mafia territory exclamation point scare.
Speaker 1: It was directed by Victor Lowell and written by Larry Mullin and Chip Johanson.
Speaker 2: And I have to say, well done, well done, well done, everybody. I loved the whole every second of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun to watch everybody be out of Beverly Hills and in Palm Springs, and it sure was. It looked like everybody was having so well, everybody except Kelly. Everybody was having a great time. And eventually Donna, she didn't have much fun there. Towards the end of Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, by the way, okay.
Speaker 3: Where do we have one? Not there yet, I think thinking about jen is this is where Ian met his first wife?
Speaker 2: Stop it, drop it.
Speaker 1: This is where I met Nikki?
Speaker 2: Correct? Stop?
Speaker 1: Where was she an extra? Was she living? I need more?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. She was an extra and it was one of the cool things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you're a white bikini girl.
Speaker 3: Oh man. And literally he met her and he was like, I'm gonna go on a date with her while he was there. And when we met him, he was with his girlfriend Sherry from high school.
Speaker 1: Lovely lady.
Speaker 3: We loved her with all our hearts and souls, and you know time, you know, they were he was in LA now moved to LA and he got on a big show and they just went their separate ways, and we were always like, oh, I hope he finds another one like Sherry. We loved her. And he met some doozies, you guys, and we as his sisters met and be like no, no, But by this point we were all really close and yeah, Nikki, so I was like, just be careful, I'm worried. And she's on the show. And anyway, they went out and ended up falling in love and got married.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And she went on to do Playboy and price is right, Yeah, and then a divorce.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering. I'm assuming that maybe production took over the entire resort because there were so many background actors that maybe they put them up there. There was regular people there too, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There were regular people there in the restaurant people there. There were regular people there working, eating like they had gone on vacation there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was you did not buy out the resort. So some people were like, just most of it break while you all are filming nine o two.
Speaker 1: No, I mean that place is huge. You could film like multiple shows there. There's you know, so many pools, and that's true. So we were just kind of like at that one main pool's.
Speaker 2: Tennis game was pretty legit too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked so cute in his little white shorts.
Speaker 2: He had a lot of shirtless moments. What do we think this might be in part two? I can't remember, but of Jason playing.
Speaker 3: Drunk, I was there for it, Brandon said greatly, and I was like, he I thought, sorry, I guess says a lot about me. I thought he was super sexy in it because he was funny and I knew like half the stuff he was. He was more Jason than Brandon, and I knew so many of those lines. He improved because he's funny like that and came up with quick lines. I was like, funny, funny, Yep, that's him.
Speaker 1: So we take it from the top.
Speaker 2: I guess I think we only have a few minutes left, but maybe we start and then we'll just continue next week. So let's go as far as we can.
Speaker 4: Go to it.
Speaker 1: Well, of course we're all going to Palm Springs, and Steve is on the road headed to Palm Springs in his convertible black Corvette. Such epic driving, so that was really well, well great, that's just the greatest drive from LA to Palm Springs if you ever get a chance to do it. And then that's where we see him drive into the Rancho Los Palmis and his dad is there waiting for him. Rush, good old rush, yeah, which I didn't see coming. I've forgotten that was part of it. And I didn't even remember that this whole thing was surrounded by like our sorority whatever that.
Speaker 2: I loved that the most. It was like the alphas and the kegs like some sort of either.
Speaker 3: I just thought we were there.
Speaker 1: But his dad once shows him his beautiful villa that he's got prepared for all of the keg guys, and he wants him to meet up with a girl who is also an alpha. Now my question is where does alpha come from?
Speaker 2: Are these other My take was there were it was an alpha keg convention from schools all over the country.
Speaker 3: That was the vibe became less sexy, but.
Speaker 2: It was not just see you alphas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now that's where months is. He's got the beers ready, but with the fake on them.
Speaker 2: He's got like this and the two tubes coming out of his backpack.
Speaker 3: Wait, sorry tubes. Backpack made me think of a proton pack and sorry, Ghostbusters. Ghostbusters. We were with We're with Ernie Oh my god, Hudson, and I did take a picture with him.
Speaker 2: He's in insane shape and he's like eighty yeah yeah, and it was like, actually, I know, it's unbelievable. Good good, good side note because yeah.
Speaker 3: We thought he was like shout and I was like, well, look into my right, look at Ian. He looks amazing. He just turned sixty, so I was like, oh, seventy, but then we looked up seventy eighty closer to eighty.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Erne Hudson is a handsome, fit man and he is yea and nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they were back to the con. There were lots of Ghostbuster costumes, a lot of cobs play in the Ghostbuster.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, continue at Rancho.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, actually we're gonna go back to Beverly Hills and we're gonna see a real estate agent in the Welsh house having a broker caravan the most.
Speaker 2: Annoying real est agent in the history of real estate agent. She looks, uh, they can't just like go into your house in the middle of the night. And she was like really like crazy, it was a Beverly Hills that thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, commission.
Speaker 1: So she's set in the house, which she describes as a spacious Spanish house in the flats of Beverly Hills, when we all know that house was not in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where was it again? Alta Dina, Alta Dina.
Speaker 1: Wow, Brandon does not want to go to Palm Springs. We go outside, we see Kelly there saying goodbye to the wash. She's brought them a hideous gift she got at the where I've never seen them sell things like that ugly.
Speaker 2: I think she's referring to the farmer's market at the grove.
Speaker 1: You know the grove.
Speaker 3: Back then.
Speaker 2: Oh, but there was a farmer's market. It was that half of the grove that stayed the old school part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before there were farmers markets.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, well and rightly. So Brandon is a little cold with her, and he starts to walk away, and she says, Brandon, just because I didn't want to get married doesn't mean I don't want a relationship with you, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Would I agree with I mean, yeah, but you don't even get married.
Speaker 1: It's ready for that. You didn't want to get married anyway.
Speaker 3: But of course he chose you. But now you're like, but maybe I'll choose you. Ish like, you can't go back. You can't say, well, now I want a relationship.
Speaker 1: No, she's just saying I don't. She just was like, I don't want to have this decision, to make this decision between the two of you in this moment, like I don't want to have to.
Speaker 2: Choose maybe off right, and you didn't. You weren't ready to get married or go around the world. You're like, hey, she was.
Speaker 3: Like, I choose me and me lesbian in the next episode, So.
Speaker 2: I actually, I'm so happy you brought that up. I wish you kissed her, but anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Can take same.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well, not before Valerie is sinking her clause right into Brandon. It's so immediately so weird, it's cringey, It's really weird.
Speaker 3: I was super into it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry you were you liked it?
Speaker 3: Well, I just wanted something new. I just I don't know someone's shocked your plot twist. I mean, I think he would go for it. Sorry, get it in ahead.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's okay. We see that Donna's going to Palm Springs and Kelly says that she cannot go because she has something private happening, very private.
Speaker 2: It's very secretive and private. Even though like it wasn't it was like, really.
Speaker 1: It was just going to pick up a friend from the hospital and take care of her for a day. It didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think Kelly had anything weird going on in her mind.
Speaker 3: I don't either, So why in that moment, I mean, we know what happened, so the writers wrote, but why would Kelly be like not tell them and it's private? I don't get it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Just to build the suspense, I guess.
Speaker 3: Or make us think that maybe she's questioning everything right now too and she just wants someone to.
Speaker 2: The secretiveness made me actually think she was more inclined to explore it, which we do know was sort of in the script, right. We know that there may bee was a moment where it was in the script and then it got removed. So that was where I was at, like, oh, she's being secretive because maybe she's curious, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, that would have been so weird on the heels of her saying I choose me. I agree, we jumped ahead a little bit. If you'd like to say goodbye to the Walshes at all, Ye, that was Wait, nobody really says goodbye to the Walshes except Kelly and Nat and Val and Brandon.
Speaker 3: They splurged on that those two goodbye parties for Andrea, they had nothing left for the Walls.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, it was so weird. We didn't even get to go to the airport to see them off, like. It was just like a bizarre scene in the peach pit with no real explanation. Yeah, very very weird. But I guess so they are gone, but not entirely because they might show up in the second half of this episode. Yes we do find out weird. Yes, we do find out that Ray is having regrets about talking to Donna the way he did, and he finds out from his mom. Well, I guess he probably knew this that his mom was abused physically by his dad, right, And it's just kind of laying me around.
Speaker 3: He didn't push you around. No, no, he said, I know Dad pushed you around. She said, he didn't push me around. He hit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then I thought it was a good scene though between them, I thought you yeah, I thought Ray and.
Speaker 1: Right, I thought it well. Then apparently he goes when does he go to the beach apartment to sing you a song that we don't get to hear? Correct another oh?
Speaker 3: At the convention last week, Darren Martin biggest fan, one of our biggest fans. We have a few.
Speaker 2: He gave.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you guys know, I'm not techie. It's a hard drive bill a thing stick oh yeah, zip drive that has all of the original music that they took her out from each episode. Because we talk every week like we wish we heard the song we.
Speaker 1: Have every no, yes, it's every episode, no commercials, original music.
Speaker 2: It's so awkward when you're like, that was a beautiful song.
Speaker 3: I want to hear the Donna song. There's a song for her I don't remember.
Speaker 1: We're like, oh, I'm sorry, Donna song.
Speaker 3: That's kind of cute. A boy sings you a song to make up for well, very.
Speaker 2: Cute, but he sucks.
Speaker 1: Clearly that would work for you. He really does she gets over it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, she was like, oh, perfect, well she doesn't have her ride because Kelly's not going. Like she was like if you drive with me and go with me.
Speaker 1: Which irritated me so much because Donna, this is not a place to take ray. This is all the people he cannot stand and your mom and it's all about like being sorority sisters. Like none of this makes sense for him to go there. And I was like, Donna, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: But also that's called.
Speaker 3: Something Donna slash Torri has done forever. That's called self sabotage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, she is setting herself up for not for what happened. She didn't know that was going to happen, but she knew it wasn't going to go. Well why write into that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he also sucks it was hopeful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's hopeful turned over a new leaf.
Speaker 2: He's just good, especially when he's like, get out of the pool, put this telemand like it's just like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: I kind of liked it. I kind of liked it when he told her together of the pool.
Speaker 3: My favorite part of that is I get out of the pool and you see Jason and Iron are talking and they and Jason looks and then Ian looks and I was like, yes, they paid attention to me. I didn't know. I walked out to get my towel. I didn't know they were looking at my butt.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's funny. Is There's a lot of moments in this part one and two where I'm like, is that Brandon or is that Jason? Is that I in? Or is that Steve? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: A lot of this episode, Yeah, they were out in the wilderness with no one to like keep them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cast goes wild. That's what it was like, here they go and they couldn't control it. So it was like just like, okay, film it great, Okay, we got we were just going right.
Speaker 2: You ride a horse pretty well, there, Tori.
Speaker 3: Jen, Yeah you did. I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was asking myself, how does Donna know how to ride a horse?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 2: And obviously Jamie can ride a horse too, because even I thought your horse kind of did something weird, which I thought was like non scripted, and then I think Jamie might have ad lib and like actually off his horse and been like calm down, buddy, like you know, had a reason for why the horse kind of bucked you for a second there. I don't know. I thought that was like, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if that's probably really happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sorry, I'm jumping all over the place.
Speaker 3: This episode is a little known fact. I used to take equestrian lessons and I would jump horses.
Speaker 1: Oh Sonna or Tori Tory?
Speaker 3: So rich?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 3: I did? I know when I was eleven. It was right after my figure skating phase. But sorry, but yeah, I got bucked off once fell to the ground. I never did it again.
Speaker 1: Wait where did you Where did little little Tory go around their yard?
Speaker 2: Jenny in their yard.
Speaker 3: With my pony? Of course, my golden pony next to my I'm just saying, but where.
Speaker 2: Did you do that?
Speaker 1: And like the Palisades or did you go all the way to the No, I don't remember you were I.
Speaker 3: Do remember in the time at the time I was in Pasadena. But would there be anywhere around.
Speaker 2: Park actually maybe somewhere around that stables there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was working up to get a horse.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping, but then I was cut short. Yeah, I feel like we're gonna have to come back and pick up the rest of this episode.
Speaker 2: Literally, I haven't even I have a list of four hundred and twelve questions.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to save them, sugarman.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I mean that's fine. I'm just gonna have I'm just gonna fire them off at you next week. There are so many, so many hot, big, huge things in.
Speaker 1: This hot, big well feel I'm one.
Speaker 2: Of the most. Sorry the line if anybody's listening to this and wants to rewatch it again. The gas station, come on, the gas station. I thought you were gonna stick that in my engine.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was just like, Oh, are you gonna have a hold onto that hose or are you're going to stick it in my tank?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that sexual?
Speaker 3: Windows Like once in a while we have them. They were like firing Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: They were all men really like from a men's perspective too. I personally felt like this episode was a ten misogynistics.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we can talk.
Speaker 3: About it that.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to embrace it because it.
Speaker 1: Was so a different time and it was so just like wow.
Speaker 2: Just the whole thing was a lot of wow, A whole lot of wow.
Speaker 1: Wait till we get to part two. There's a whole lot of wow in that one.
Speaker 3: Wait is the chicken fighting in episode one? Correct?
Speaker 2: I think so, yeah, okay, you don't know.
Speaker 3: I was, yeah, oh it's before Donna's asked to get out of the pool where Ray and Police Martin are on the same page. Now tell it. Yeah, you talk to her tone down that wardrobe for years. I'm like, yeah, so, but but I I.
Speaker 1: Was you were on Wait, you were on Jason Jason, and then Jason was on Iron.
Speaker 2: Huh there was a Jenny's right. I think there was a part where I am there was like Jason and Jason had you. It was like, actually crazy and dangerous thought.
Speaker 3: I was probably so scared that they were going to drop me. And yeah it was before my big stunt down the stairs. Don't drop me. Sorry that's part two. But when looking back, you don't think of these things. But watching it, I was like, oh my gosh, I would never let a boy like just come under the water and like.
Speaker 1: Your legs.
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, I was having panic attacks because as you know, an old like not older. When you're you know, you think about those things like oh wait, first of all everything Now, I would never let that. But I was like my problems were like on I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: My yeah, think about that when you're in the pool and when you're.
Speaker 3: That Yeah, well, when you get the opportunity to watch yourself back thirty years later doing it, you're like, oh my god, truth.
Speaker 2: I want to Next week, hopefully Lorraine can help us with this slow motion the roll down the stairs for when it is toy and when it clearly is I think a guy. Was it a stunt girl or guy?
Speaker 3: It was not a guy. But I have a whole story there. Okay, wait for it. I have a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Well you heard our people. Wait for it. We will be back next week with part two.
Speaker 3: Ps I love you, Oh Palm Springs forever God.
Speaker 2: Oh so guys, Just to get everybody excited, There's not an amount of money in the world that would have gotten me to go in that tram that Luke went in. No amount of money. That was so terrifying.
Speaker 1: That's like they do that all the time. That's the Palm Springs. Like major, I.
Speaker 3: Think everyone took Nikki on their first date. Was the t stop. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to ask heights, claustrophobia, like all of it. It just the fear I would have would be unstoppable.
Speaker 3: I'm the same as you. You know, I would never do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, this episode is so good. Just anyone wondering, it's a hundred out of ten.
Speaker 3: It really is you, guys, I think this these two episodes means so much to us because it was such like a we all got to be together filming and we were on location and we took so many Oh my gosh, Jen, remember we used to take little disposable camera pictures.
Speaker 1: Where are those pictures?
Speaker 3: I have them, Amy, It's in a storage unit.
Speaker 2: Let's go get those. That's there's books for those stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe so let's get rid of the Nancy Drew books and get all those photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah somewhere.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're giving a lot of people a lot of pleasure with this episode, and I frankly am a bit jealous that I wasn't there with you then, Like that would have been unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It was your hair would have frizzed, you would have been pissed. It was like, remember how hot it was, Jen, and we had like makeup on. It was like we were just sweating. I know, but you don't think about filming in Palm Springs.
Speaker 2: I know we have to go, but I thought of that for Jamie Walters with the shirt with the shirt, I'm like, dude, you need to let the long sleeve shirt go because it's one hundred and eight, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Okay, he was wearing two shirts, this long shirt with the shirt.
Speaker 2: Over and I'm like, but you that's horseback right too.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, not, bro, are you dying?
Speaker 1: Like also, I was concerned because he was getting a little bit unburned. Oh, his little face. He needed to mess PF.
Speaker 3: Different time, different iconic, iconic work.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till next week.
Speaker 3: Same. No, I'm super excited. I loved talking about all this stuff. These were really fun memories.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Bye guys,