Speaker 1: So has Tampa changed they what they do offensively since Evans and Godwin.
Speaker 2: Went down a little bit. I think their system and what they do, you know, it's a good system. I think he operates well in it with how they run the ball and how he throws it. There's some little changes because obviously those guys can do some things outside, but they're pretty consistent in what they do.
Speaker 1: Where your starting safeties is twenty four and the other is twenty two years old, and obviously they're making plays, but are there they're also making mistakes that you would expect young safeties and experienced safeties to make. And was that something that we were seeing at the end of the of the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I mean, no one's perfect, period, but when the guys are young, and the one thing that's cool about them that you guys ask about him and then I, you know, say weekly, is that they do get better and they learn every week. And even with Tig you know, he came in midway through the season, so really he's kind of played a year now, so he is a young safety. I'm glad you say it like that, but he's played a lot of ball too. I think those guys have accelerated their growth. They care a lot, They continue to communicate well, but it's not it's not perfect, and I think a lot you know, getting a lot of young guys playing time early, even early in the season when we were kind of rotating some guys has really starting to you know, pay the dividends. And that's where you see them making plays. They're feeling more confident and that's been good.
Speaker 1: You've seen that play out over your playing career, their coaching career, where a guy, a rookie maybe plays a lot of snaps early on and then by December January, perhaps he's.
Speaker 2: I mean, should you hope it should? The main thing is they earned their They earned the snaps that they got, and they are making plays. You want to see them just they should continue to get better and ideally that's how it should be. Otherwise then you play someone else, do you expect de Sean Gibson be back in the building.
Speaker 3: Might have just even little things with this.
Speaker 2: I think it's huge. I mean, he started for us the last two years. He's a great dude. He's played a ton of ball. He's taking it with like thirty three career picks. You know, he's had a ton of success and he's a great guy, and just having him back, I think everyone was really excited to see him. I think he's excited to be here and be back and you know, feel like he didn't leave and we're just excited to have him back. See see how he feels. You know, he hasn't done a whole lot, so we'll just kind of figure it out as we go.
Speaker 1: How much girth that you've seen from Malick and Jay You're just in the season so far, in the first.
Speaker 2: Half, what was the first part? How much what from those.
Speaker 1: Two your two young safeties just in the first half of the.
Speaker 2: Season A lot. I mean, the more that we can let those guys play free and fast, then you see them show up and I think that's what you see out of Malick too. And the more they play, they're gonna play that way and they start to expect things and it's not the first time they've seen something. So the acceleration has been great.
Speaker 3: Uh, sim is he would you say, like pretty surprised, but that.
Speaker 2: He's been this good. Saw the promise of what was in his body kind of in the off season and how he gets off and stuff, and then you were hoping to see the physicality in training camp. Then you did. Then he had the injury, so it was we had the expectations and the hopes. It's just now he's done it a little bit, so we want to see him keep doing it. You know, that's the challenge for him is Okay, he've done a couple of things, but we need to see consistently and then you know, seeing the growth of how he's moved inside and been an interior guy as well in some of those pass rd situations has been really cool because you know, he hasn't played a ton of football. He's still fairly new to it, but he cares a lot and he's an explosive dude that plays physical and loves ball. So it's been good so far because you know, his background and being laid to football are the things.
Speaker 3: I mean, could you say he's still raw or in some ways or is there more potential?
Speaker 2: Just yeah, I think so, of course, especially since he never really worked, you know, inside and how he picks stuff up quick. But Casera, you know, coaches him hard and he's he likes that. Most of our guys do that they're receptive to it, and those are the guys that can accel it when they take all the coaching and then they apply it. That's something that he's done a good job with and that he can handle is when he gets coached, he applies it and then plays fast. He's a smart guy, so he's picked it up quick. That's what's a good thing about it. It makes sense to him.
Speaker 3: The defensive tackle at the trade dead, like, what do you like about Khalil and kind of where do you see him fitting.
Speaker 2: In in that group? Yeah, where he fits in, we'll see. We still want to see, you know, some more. I think he's just had the one, you know, shorter practice yesterday without pads. So the cool thing is he's explosive guy, he's twitched up, he's been in our system, and he's had production. So we'll just kind of go from there and figure out how he fits. It's always good to add depth to a position like that of a good player.
Speaker 3: Anything that you've noticed in terms of how teams approach a buy that allows for the team to be pretty successful after the buy other than the fact that the teams are pretty good. But what do you think about the way you guys handle a buy?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's anything extraordinarily different, I think, you know, he just stays consistent in how he talks to the players and talks to the coaches. I think he's just really consistent. And you know, the main thing with Kyle is it's, you know, continuing to coach and continue to get better, and it's staying on it every day. And some people can get in a lull, and I don't think we ever allow that to happen here. And if you never think too far ahead, you don't look back too far to think negatively either. It's just what's happening right now, and how can we get better? And you know, this day, this practice, you know, and what is it going to take to win this game? And I don't think it's any magic potion other than you get a buy and you rest up. And I think a lot of that goes to our players and how they handle buys too, because they usually use that the right way. If guys use it the right way, you should come back feeling pretty good.
Speaker 3: Move on to coaches to get away from each other for a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Did you do that too, Oh yeah, No, he's good about that. Yes, I did spend time with the family. It was nice.
Speaker 1: How much stress can a guy like Christian Mcafforthing on the Hill put on a defense?
Speaker 2: You're planning again Christian, he's yeah. I remember going up against him a few times before he came here. He's just he's a tough matchup problem. I mean in the past game. But he's also just an awesome runner. He is great vision. He's not some guy that you think is smaller, they won't hit it inside. He's got great vision. Obviously his ability to cut and run and break tackles, but he's he's also really tough. But the obvious one is how he can do so many different things in the past game.
Speaker 1: I think they have three backs that are all pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are there any trends and how they utilize the.
Speaker 1: Three of them?
Speaker 2: I think for them, they're all so versatile, and I just love the mindset of how they play. And I think a lot of it kind of matriculates off of how tough and competitive Baker is, And you know, I think that that just PERMEI through the whole team. Just a competitive group. Those guys all run with energy, they can cut it anywhere. They play tough, even though they're not huge guys. I think they will play big, you know, in the finish, whether it's breaking tackles or dipping the shoulder when they need to, which is kind of like how Baker plays. You know, if it's third down or something, he will dip a shoulder on you. And I think that's the cool thing that we respect about this team is they're just competitive, tough guys, Like regardless of you know, the noise of the two really good receivers they don't have. It's a competitive group and you saw it last week and you continue to see it. Thanks right after first