Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Jess Larius is out today, Lola Roe's what's up?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: Good morning y'all.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne is running a little late and in fromday. The weekend is here, damn it? How you feeling?
Speaker 2: How you feeling on?
Speaker 4: I'm so happy it's Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I feel like the whole week I'll be tired and then Friday just whoo perk up energy.
Speaker 2: That's right? What you did yesterday?
Speaker 1: Any day now?
Speaker 4: I went home and got ready for today.
Speaker 6: Been listening to music all night, interviews, We got stuff happening today, so I was home chilling.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, yesterday you know, we had parent teachers meeting for my son Jackson.
Speaker 2: But they did it a little difference.
Speaker 5: They did a stem competition where they had the parents and family members and each table you have a competition of who could build a robot and build an arm to pick the robot up?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I realized last night that I wasn't that good in science because while other parents had all types of levers, and things like that. To actually make the robot and to pick the robot up, I couldn't figure out how to do it. So I had to use like two pieces of wood to make chopsticks awesome, and the chopsticks was able to use to pick up what I had to pick up.
Speaker 2: So out of I.
Speaker 5: Think twenty families, twenty two families, we came in second.
Speaker 1: I was up.
Speaker 2: At least I did get the wood up.
Speaker 5: Calling for myself, I was very excited, right I realized I was very competitive because I told my younger daughters fall back for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let me and the older one figured this out. But we did come in second place.
Speaker 5: So salute to all the parents that had to go to parent teachers conference in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: These parent teacher.
Speaker 2: I actually like it better. Competition was a lot.
Speaker 5: It was more fun than actually sitting there and them talking about the kids, because they did a little bit of both. But it also, you know, I had families together, so I thought that was pretty dope. So again, salute everybody out there. What I'm Charlotte, hey man, how y'all feeling out there?
Speaker 1: Man? I feel blessed. Black and Holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners. What's going on? It's a beautiful Friday, that's right? Do we say we tell people? Got Kevin Hart's gonna be here this morning. Now we're about to say that. Now Kevin Hall will be joining us. He has a lot going on. He's on tour right now.
Speaker 5: He has a two point documentary film called Number One on the Call Sheet, which premiers Friday, March twenty eighth. And then yes, that's on Apple TV ye. And then he has Little keV which is on b ET Plus right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I's screaming on BT Plus right now. He's in a City Music He's a New York call weekend at Radio City Music Hall doing his age. Ain't nothing but a number tour, that's right? Is I think that's what it's called? No acting my age, that my age acting my age toy.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, all right, well let's get the show crack. If we got Front Page News Morgan to be joining us, and then get it off your chest. Man, If you need to get something off your chest, something's bothering you, whatever it may be, you can get on them phone lines right now, eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarius, CHARLAMAGNEA God. We are the Breakfast Club. Low LaRosa filling in for Jess. So let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 6: Morning Morgan, Good morning, DJ NV, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 7: And Laura Larossa. How y'all feeling happy?
Speaker 4: Friday? Hey Friday girl?
Speaker 2: Who's all right?
Speaker 7: See? I had energy this morning. I love it, all right. So top of the headlines, Look, there's yet another update on tariffs. Okay, let's try to keep up. Look, I know it's a lot to keep up with, but I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: So the White House is now suspending tariffs on most goods against Mexico and Canada at least until April second. In a post on truth Social Trump said he spoke with Mexico's president yesterday, That's Claudia Scheinbaum, and added that the country won't be required to pay tariffs on anything under the United States, Mexico and Canada Agreement. That's the executive order that he signed at the White House yesterday. So let's hear those comments from President Trump on tariffs.
Speaker 8: This is very much about companies and countries that have ripped off this country, our country, our beloved USA.
Speaker 9: And they're not going to be ripping us off anymore.
Speaker 1: How many more times is Trump going pump fake Morgan? You know, I hope tarifs don't happen at all, but you know, this hokey pokeyo, I'm gonna, I'm gonna put tariffs on everything and then pulling it back is getting getting a little old, don't you think?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: I do. I think what happened, what happened yesterday though, was because of that the market, the market pretty much, you know, drops so draftically that it got into them millionaires pockets and was like, hey, I'm sure somebody you know sent a raven. But the United States, Mexico and Canada Agreement or us mc A, which you will probably start hearing, makes the three North American nations a free trade zone, so Trump said, Claudia Scheinbaum will work with the US on securing the border. Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick said that the Trump that Trump will most likely announce a one month delay on all what he did announce the one month delay on Canadian tariffs as well, and this of course comes as I mentioned, the Wall Street stocks have sharply lowered. Of course, those tariffs will be delayed until April second, so we will see what happens as a result. And most recently, of course, President Trump put an exemption on auto tariffs from the two countries, and that just happened on Wednesday. In other news, President Trump is defending the cuts being made by the Department of Government Efficiency aka DOGE under the direction of Elon Musk. He signed an executive order and made the comments speaking from the White House saying he wants to keep good people in government, and let's stick a listen to Trump comments on streamlining the government with DOGE.
Speaker 8: Elon and the group are going to be watching them. And if they can cut, it's better. And if they don't cut, then Elon will do the cutting. I want the cabinet members to keep good people. I don't want to see a big cut where a lot of good people are cut. I want the cabinet members to keep the good people. And the people that aren't doing a good job, that are unreliable, don't show up to work, etc. Those people can be cut.
Speaker 1: So he's keeping the power with the cabinet members.
Speaker 7: Basically pretty much, yeah, you know, if he should, that's who he's supposed to be. Yeah, So the president, of course, he asks that he does trust Elon Musk to make the right cuts. However, Elon has previously said in the cabinet meeting that those will make mistakes, but they will also be corrected quickly, like when they accidentally cut funding for a bowl of research and prevention. So yeah, a majority of young Americans disapprove Elon Musk's work heading the Department of Government Efficiency. A survey from Axios and Generation Lab found that seven and ten between the ages of eighteen and thirty four say they disapprove of DOJ's work. That includes over half of all young people surveyed who said they strongly disapprove. DOJ's efforts to cut down the federal workforce has resulted in hundreds of thousands of firings as of February fourteenth. And speaking of Elon Musk, you know, Nicki Minaj said starships were meant to fly right. Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, as SpaceX's latest failed rocket launch resulted in an explosion, with debris reigning down on the Bahamas yesterday. Elon Musk's company launched a starship from Texas on Thursday afternoon, which spun out of control and exploded eight minutes into its test flight. Spectators are posting fire, fiery videos of debris falling from the sky into the Bahamas and the Dominican Republic. The FAA has briefly slowed aircraft in that area as a result. During SpaceX's latest test flight in January, the Starship rocket also exploded about eight minutes after takeoffs.
Speaker 1: Do you know it exploded? How do you know extraterrestrials from another planet didn't shoot it out the sky?
Speaker 7: Does it matter?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Either?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like what does that?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 7: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Y'all are not going to sit here and tell me it wouldn't matter on whether it exploded or extraterrestrials shout it out the sky? Are you crazy that trust you from another planet?
Speaker 4: I think either way, it's alarming to me period.
Speaker 1: Everything extra trestrials from another planet the sky alarming.
Speaker 7: At this point. I mean, really, is anything going to surprise us at this point? I say that I mentioned that though, because you guys, have you heard about Katy Perry and Gail King being a part of this first of all. Yeah, so that is right. The Blue Origin New Shepherd rocket that's mission is scheduled to happen later this year in the spring. That again, So that mission again, like I said, schedules happened later in the spring, and that's led by Lauren Sanchez, which is a partner of Blue Origins billionaire founder Jeff Bezos. So this is Jeff Bezos company. But you know, maybe Jeff needs to talk to Elon about you know, the rockets.
Speaker 6: That's his girl too, Lauren Sanchez, I mean not Jeff, but yeah, that's his girl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, to be a part of this first all female crew to launch into space. So we will see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't believe they really going to space. Scared you've seen you fly Me to the Moon with Channing Tatum and uh Scolar Johansson. Yeah, you should watch fly Me to the Moon with Channing Tatum and Schollege and has it. I don't think they're really going to the moon.
Speaker 7: Well that's your front page news for six am. At seven am, we'll talk about what happened as a result of our representative Al Green's protest on the House floor during the Joint Session of Congress, and we'll also get into medicaid and what's happening with that stick around.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you Morgan. They also said that SpaceX thing.
Speaker 5: They said, although the rocket did explode, there was something that came out of it that was good. The way that it landed or something like that, it was able not to land and hurt something like that that it was like that was a good thing.
Speaker 1: That was Thanos in the black order telling y'all, stay, y'all ass out the sky. Want just get out of here? All right?
Speaker 5: All right, well everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open callers up now it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: I'm telling, I'm telling what you're doing, all of you.
Speaker 11: If this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. Eight hundred five eight five one.
Speaker 1: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello this Yes, this is worker work repete what I get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: I would like to say to the list. Well, first of all, I'd like to say good morning to the Breakfast.
Speaker 1: Throw peace work of Pete.
Speaker 3: In the room. I'd like to say, as a worker or an employee in the health here system, I am a sustainful employee.
Speaker 12: I work hard.
Speaker 3: My work effort is fabulous, and I hate that a supervisor and or manager would not know what you do, but yet ask you.
Speaker 12: What you do or ask questions that are.
Speaker 3: Unnecessary, especially when they work with so many gears and they question you, but they won't question anybody else. Sometimes that will break your marath. So I've been talking to myself. I'm on my way to work, but I said, let me call in and let the listeners know. Don't let anyone question your ethics. You keep that work, your work with consciousness, and you keep the move.
Speaker 1: Can ask you one question? Yes, you don't think a supervisor should ask you what it is that you're doing or what you've.
Speaker 3: Done, not necessarily because if the work is getting if you're performing your duty and you are, let's say, we can have your evaluation. They can't question you know, uh, work flow or work ethic, especially when you're getting the job done. And in my situation, I'm working two.
Speaker 12: Different positions to full time positions.
Speaker 3: And I'm not getting I'm not getting paid.
Speaker 12: For the two positions.
Speaker 3: And it's not the pay but the respect that goes along with it, acknowledgement. If you haven't text on me to find out how I'm doing something, or if I need help doing something, or if there's a tool that you can provide, but why would you ask me what I'm doing?
Speaker 1: I agree, I think all of that should be a part of the evaluation. That's why I asked the question because I think, you know, sometimes we forget that a supervisor has a job to do too, and the supervisor's job is to evaluate what you know the employees are doing. But I think it has to be it has to consist of everything you just said, not just you know, what are you doing? It should be how can we help you do your job better? You know, how can we make your job easier? I think that's what with a lot of supervisor.
Speaker 2: But I also think it's checks and balances too.
Speaker 5: I think people have to make sure that you know their employees are doing their job because you have a manager, and your manager has a supervisor, and that supervisor has the answer to the CEO, and there's checks and balances to make sure everybody's working well. You're doing your job, Linda, there might be somebody that's not doing their job, and they got to make sure that everybody's doing their job. Make sure that supervisor and that manager's doing their job. I think it's it's checking balances in the workplace.
Speaker 12: Yes, and there is a checking balance. But the thing is.
Speaker 3: When you balance one you not checking the others. See, that's the problem that I had because I'm saying supervised myself. I manage myself because guess what, when I leave every day from this job and the work in the healthcare industry, my consciously is clear, I'm going far and beyond.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, mama, and I'm.
Speaker 12: Fulfilled with that.
Speaker 13: I'm fulfilled that.
Speaker 12: But I just had to call because I said.
Speaker 3: I've been talking to myself. I had to call.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well you.
Speaker 12: Ever, when I get to work, I can continue talking to myself.
Speaker 1: And because and so, you don't slap nobody. So we appreciate you. You have a great dad work. I understand what she's saying. Because I understand what she's saying. A lot of times when they do these evaluations, they don't ask how they can help you do your job better, right, you know, get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. If you need to vent, hit.
Speaker 1: Us up now.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's some new.
Speaker 11: Today is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're mad or.
Speaker 9: Black something, to get up and get something.
Speaker 11: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this Envy?
Speaker 13: What's up? Envy?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Track? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I'm big kidding my girl.
Speaker 1: Jat's there?
Speaker 3: What's up Jeff?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Lauren said today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just not in good morning?
Speaker 14: How you doing?
Speaker 13: My mom?
Speaker 1: Dol made pieces? What's happening?
Speaker 14: I'm talking to you?
Speaker 3: Actually are It's something going on out here, charloty. I gotta warn you about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know what's going on out here, tell me about it. So it's a disease.
Speaker 3: That is it's forty k are in Portland in Oregon.
Speaker 1: Right, what's the disease. We gotta chill out on.
Speaker 13: But it's a disease, man.
Speaker 3: If you but it's like killing people.
Speaker 1: But first of all, if I ask them, only one persons ass that's my wife.
Speaker 4: It's me okay, Oh, I know that's right, Ivy, and be just gay.
Speaker 1: That's not you know. Donald Trump on in the executed order about that, he said, you're gonna.
Speaker 13: Stop being dropping the clue, Boston Mvy man.
Speaker 1: Only only only my wife. So I think I'm gonna be okay.
Speaker 13: But listen, I'm trying to be safe out here.
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to be safe out here. But all right, I have a great weekend. Talk to y'all. What movie was I watching with somebody? Just man, Somebody's But it wasn't a movie. It's that TV show White Lotus on HBO Max. Watch White White Lotus is great. You'll seen White loadas you should watch White Lotus's hilarious. The scene where a man is a man's butt like a bull of fruit loops and you enjoyed it and the man was standing up. It was wold, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Blessings?
Speaker 15: Every good morning?
Speaker 1: Showing Stone what's up this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: Man, I can't go good day, Good morning, Charlo Man traps hole, what's happening?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 1: Just stop playing with bro? We don't call up here. If you don't want to play, we like to play up here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Sean Stone. Don't him how you feeling you.
Speaker 10: Can't play with the other listeners. Why are you playing with me? Man?
Speaker 1: I play with all the listeners. Listen. Travs just called up here too. Just want you to know that anyway.
Speaker 10: Anyway, listen, I just wanted to say arrest in peace to my cousin, Angie Stone. You know that's why my name is Sean Stone, because we're related. You just be reason and I want to make awareness. I want to give down here to day the two guys who killed a five year old little girl in Fort Worth, Texas. No man, that man like you guys are so stupid. Man, you know what I mean. I have kids now and it's just crazy. So Dona's Robinson and Jakobe Russell. You guys need to turn yourself in. Man, you murder people. You need to turn yourself in. You murdered this five year old little girl. You need to turn yourself in. You guys are disgusting. I thought the guys doesn't need to be what's up. I thought they arrested the guys yesterday. They arrested the Donnas Robinson yesterday.
Speaker 4: Ie of them still on the run though.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, but Donna Robinson got arrested yesterday in Texas.
Speaker 10: Well, listen, man, these two guys need to get down yet a day and they don't need to be a part of the black community no more when y'all guys doing hatus and stupid things. But also, if you're in the streets, stop bringing your family around. If you're in the streets. Litle Ronnie was in the street, and knowing that he's in the street, he's the main reason why got killed.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on, guys, well listen, I don't know nothing about little Ronnie. I'm not even gonna put that on that man.
Speaker 15: I checked into it. That's why I'm speaking like that.
Speaker 1: And you don't know. I can't very I'm not gonna say that you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 15: I am the culture. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I checked into it, sewn Sean is just that angry man? Is that angry man?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Jersey? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: You know what's going on? I just think about it. This man just got killed with his daughter, and you calling the radio station saying he was in the streets and he's the reason his daughter got killed. I don't know that for certain, but I know if I was his family member, I wouldn't want some random ath dude named Sean Stone calling up here saying that regardless man, he's to that brother.
Speaker 5: And Recipe said that young, condolences to the family man, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got the ladies of Laura coming up. What we're talking about, we do.
Speaker 4: Steven A. Smith might have just got one hundred m's.
Speaker 8: He might.
Speaker 6: It's reported they got his money, but he also got ran on that got ran down on by Lebron. So be gonna talk about who cares?
Speaker 5: Yeah for security, big ones too. All right, we'll get into that. Next is the breakfast Club. The morning, the breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club morning, everybody the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Like one of Drake's owls. Just now you want to be an owl tattoo on his ass so bad.
Speaker 2: Let's get shit the ladies with Lauren.
Speaker 1: This gout's a jerk while mass.
Speaker 2: On the breakfast Club, the coaching shows with Lauren, Lauren.
Speaker 9: And I got the mess talk Tommy.
Speaker 4: All right, so congratulations are in order. Stephen A.
Speaker 6: Smith reportedly has in't a deal for one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Okayase get the money, Smith, I love it.
Speaker 6: Yes, so this is a new five year, one hundred million dollar deal. Contrast, and this has been confirmed with a person familiar with the MA to a few outlets I'm currently looking at CNBC. ESPN did decline to comment on the contract deal.
Speaker 4: But listen, if I'm.
Speaker 1: Not mistaken, I make him the highest paid personality in ESPN history. Well deserved.
Speaker 4: I looked at that.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm pretty sure queens get the money. At twenty million a year, that's pretty I'm pretty sure that's the highest period contract in the ESPN history for a personality. He deserves all every bit of it. Yes he does.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see, oh yeah, because right now it's listed as Joe Buck, but he only received a seventy five million wait. ESPNS professional football coverage earned fifteen million per year on a five year, seventy five seventy five million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Yeah so that love.
Speaker 6: That will put Steven A over Joe Buck. So I'm I'm from what I'm looking at. Yes, to your point, Charlotte.
Speaker 2: He grinded it out too, nothing was given to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brother from queens that worked his ass off to get that. And congratulations to steven A.
Speaker 6: Well, stephen A, I mean, with all the congratulations, you know, got to take the good with the bad. Yesterday, Lebron James was seeing courtside having a few words with stephen A Smith. Now we don't have the audio of that conversation because you can't really hear it, and you just hear the background, but you can see just from what Lebron is saying, it does look like he's saying, keep my son's name out of your mouth. He doesn't appear too happy at all to be talking to steven A. And then he walks off. But and everybody that's picking this up, as you know, I pointed to the obvious that steven A has been very honest about Bronnie James and Bronnie James playing. So let's take a listen to one of steven A's last takes on Bronnie James.
Speaker 16: I'm really really trying to be as respectful as I possibly can be towards Lebron James, one of the top two or three players in the history of basketball, Number two in my eyes, I am pleading with Lebron.
Speaker 9: James as a father.
Speaker 1: Stop this.
Speaker 16: We all know that Bronnie James is in the NBA because of his dad. We love what we're seeing from him in the G League because that's where you belong as you hold your skills and you get better and you legitimately earn, which I believe he has the POTENTI to do. I am rooting for Bronnie James. But right now, Ronnie James is averaging zero point three points, zero point three assist and zero point four rebounds.
Speaker 2: How are you doing him favors? We know that he's not ready yet.
Speaker 1: What did you say wrong? Nothing that was disrespectful. It was honest. You may not like to hear that if you're Lebron James, but it was not disrespectful in any way, shape or for him. And I understand you know that's your son, Lebron. But Bronnie James is also an NBA player, so he's going to get the same critique as other NBA players do.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was something else because that wasn't disrespectful at all. He came to facts like that wasn't disrespectful. Is it something else that we missed? Because that was Lebron not liking it it's the truth. Though I don't care if it's the truth, but it's the truth. I don't understand him not liking that, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: When we talked about Bronnie James in here before, I mentioned that I feel like when people talk about Bronnie they keep it real cute because.
Speaker 4: Of Lebron James.
Speaker 6: And that's what I and I don't watch sports at the time, but when I do see takes, it's always like people are scared to say what steven A just said.
Speaker 4: So I would, I would see why Lebron could.
Speaker 5: Be I think a lot of people who said that that they think that he deserves to be in the G League to hone the skills and then get up and for the NBA. I think everybody said that, and I think that's what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows Bronnie James got drafted because his daddy is Lebron James, and that's okay, okay, but he's not exempt from getting critique from other from from sports media personalities. He's an NBA player.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not exemp forgetting critique from anybody sports fans.
Speaker 4: And there will be more comments.
Speaker 6: It'll happen and that's why steven ain't got that one hundred million dollars because this is.
Speaker 4: What he does.
Speaker 1: But I can also understand Lebron pressing him over that too, because in Lebron's mind, he's like, Yo, you're not going to be out here killing the confidence of my son because my son gonna hear this and he and that might mess up his confidence on the court.
Speaker 4: You can't do that. That's the only thing I don't like about this.
Speaker 1: I think y'all missing what I'm saying. I'm not saying anybody's right or wrong in this situation. I'm just saying I understand both.
Speaker 4: Got you.
Speaker 6: That's because I think it's gonna kill Bronnie even more for Daddy to have to show up and run people down, because it's like lett him, he indo his.
Speaker 4: Own he out there now you know what.
Speaker 1: Maybe Bronni's like, that's for yeah, pops, Yeah, but you know it might flex that steven A after the fact jump at him.
Speaker 5: But you don't. But Bronnie getting in the league and busting.
Speaker 4: Ass, getting crazy, Yeah, that's the best rebuttal Well.
Speaker 6: Congratulations to Lebron on the successful rundown and to steven A on that one hundred million dollars, reportedly with ESPA.
Speaker 1: Propping the glue bum stephen A Smith forget we got.
Speaker 6: Time from the one, Okay, I got some audios. Though it's gonna be too rush. I think we should hold it to the next the top of the next hour. Okay, yeah, because we're gonna get into Tory Lanes the top of the next hour. And I went through listening to the full album that they released from behind Bars, and there is a few shots that he throws. There's some things to talk about. I want to rush through it. I want to take my time when I gave.
Speaker 5: You all the latest, Okay, all right, all right, now when we come back, we got front page news and then Kevin Hart will be joining us. It don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast Club. Only everybody at cej Envy, Jess hilarious, charlamage to God.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfas his club. Law LaRosa is here as well. And let's get some front page news.
Speaker 7: What's up, Morgan, Well, let's get back into it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: So House Representative censured Representative Al Green, you know, the Texas Democrat who protested during Trump's speech, which led to the removal of him from the House Chamber well. The center passed with a party line vote of two hundred and twenty four to one hundred and ninety eight, making Green the twenty eighth member to receive such a reprimand. So let's take a listen to the House center of Representative al Green.
Speaker 17: The House has resolved that Representative al Green be censured, that Representative Al Green fourthwith present himself in the well of the House of Representatives for the pronouncement of censure, and that Representative Al Green be censured.
Speaker 7: So a House center is an official reprimand for a member noted in their record, requiring them to stand while their misconduct is read aloud. Ten Democrats, including Representative Amy Barra from California, supported the center alongside Republicans, while Green voted present. When Green stood to hear the resolution read, he began singing we shall overcome, along with other Democrats, causing more disruptions Following the central. Lawmakers from both parties shouted at each other. So this seems to be an ongoing.
Speaker 1: How could any Democrat vote the censure congressman agree? And this is why Democrats are considered weak. Republicans would never do that to each other. In fact, they would be celebrating a congressman or woman who disrupted, you know, the opposition. And this is why democratic leadership is considered weak, because you know, Hakim and Jeffries and all of those people should have been telling folks we not voting for those censure for our Green.
Speaker 7: Since yes, right, well, yeah, Hakien Jeffries, I'll get into his comments in a second.
Speaker 1: And he was, do we have to play any comments from Hakim Jeffy. I'm sure that week. I'm sure they waded down. I'm sure they're just copy and paste talking points from his his, his, his political father and mother, Nancy Felosi and Chuck Schum.
Speaker 7: Okay, you may feel that way, but let's at least give the listeners. Let's before we get into haking Jeffries, let's bring it back to Republican James Comer, who said Green's actions were unacceptable and not what the American people want. Let's hear those comments from Representative Comer.
Speaker 18: To wave your cane and try to invoke a scene of violence, like you're fighting and all that, that's just not where America wants.
Speaker 2: To see our Congress.
Speaker 18: Behave and people expect us to agree on things like reducing wasteful spending and trying to have peace around the world. But these are the issues where the Democrats are creating most of the chaos to try to disrupt Congress.
Speaker 1: Did he feel that way when Joe Wilson yelled, you lie to Obama? Did he feel that way when Marjorie Taylor Green was, you know, yelling and being disruptive at President Biden?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Did he feel that way during those moments?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: And you know they didn't get censured, So there's that didn't get sens.
Speaker 1: Because Democrats of punks, Democrats, they should have sensored them.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you could do that. I didn't even know.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Democrat's House Minority leader Hackeen, Jeffrey said Republicans are just trying to shift attention because President Trump hasn't done what he said he would do. Let's hear those comments from Hawking Jeffries.
Speaker 19: Donald Trump consistently promised that grocery prices were going to be lowered on day one, but costs aren't going down.
Speaker 1: That going up.
Speaker 19: Everything they do is a big, massive distraction.
Speaker 1: I agree with it with that, because you know a lot of people thought the whole purpose of voting for Donald Trump, but he was supposed to make your life better financially. So I do agree with that. But other than that, Donald Trump has done everything he said he was going to do. Those things have not been good things, but he told he told the American people what he was going to do, and he's been doing them. And that's the problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well that brings me to my next point. Republicans are looking to slash trillions of dollars in spending in order to pay for President Trump's proposed tax cuts, and low income healthcare be caught in the crossfire. Democrats like California Congressman p Aguilar. He warns that cuts to Medicaid will be devastating. Let's take a listen to his comments in regards to those cuts to Medicaid.
Speaker 20: Cuts to this program would have a ripple effect that impacts the entire health care system, driving up costs and preventing people from getting the health care that they need. There is no way to make those cuts without hurting kids, parents, and seniors who count on Medicaid. Medicaid ensures that our friends and neighbors in every corner of the country have access to affordable healthcare.
Speaker 7: Republicans say that the word medicaid is not even in their budget bill. Instead, it orders the congressional committee that oversees Medicaid to cut eight hundred and eighty billion dollars in health funding over the next decade. But that still needs to pass the Senate, so we'll keep you posted on that. And just the last story, you guys. Trump is reportedly planning to sign an executive order that effectively shuts down the Department of Education now. The draft order, seen by the Wall Street Journal will direct edge Vcation Secretary Linda McMahon to take all steps permitted by law to facilitate the department's closure. McMahon, who was confirmed as secretary on Monday, since staffers an email calling eliminating bureaucratic bloat at the department a momentous final mission. Closing the department would likely require Congressional action, but McMahon said during her confirmation hearing that there are plans to get Republicans who control both chambers on board, so you know, passing these type of measures, it's going to be fairly easy, you know, Being that there is a Republican majority in Congress, and.
Speaker 1: Guess what cutting the Department of Education can't act surprise, because that's something he told us he was going to do on the campaign trail.
Speaker 7: It's true.
Speaker 1: So haw Kim Jeffrey should be reminding people that there's a lot of things he said he was going to do on the campaign trail that was going to hurt you everyday life, and he's doing them. Don't tell people that he's not doing these things because he is was in.
Speaker 4: Project twenty twenty five.
Speaker 13: Two.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, so Project twenty twenty five seems to be like broken down now into the executive orders, and people don't seem to realize that all most of these have been included in that project.
Speaker 1: You don't mess with Hawkim Jeffreys. Huh m, No, I don't care for I mean, this is the politically. I don't know him personally. No, the leadership is veryffeckless politically to me. I don't think. I don't think Hakim is the the person for this moment, you know what I mean? Like, you know, I think he might be a good leader. He's just not a good wartime leader. You know. I think that the Democratic Party has already found organic leaders and people like Jasmin Crockett and people like AOC and people like Ayana pre I just.
Speaker 2: Don't think they stick together.
Speaker 5: I think they all have their own intentions of what they want to do, and it just seems like if they were more collective and together, I think they would go a lot further. Like even with Al Green walking down and everybody just you know, kind of just throwing in deduce and say and see outside, it's just weird.
Speaker 1: Hakim is just the leader.
Speaker 7: In position, elaborates, elaborative efforts is needed.
Speaker 1: I think should be delegating duties to me. He's just a leader in position only. He's not a leader, you know, in regards to, you know, the messaging people want to hear. There are people out here that folks will listen to, like Jadmin Crockett. Did you see Jesse Waters on Fox News do that whole segment about Javmincrockett and he was like, yo, this is the new face of the Democratic Party, and he was being sarcastic and he was like, she should run for president. But just the fact that they can even see that this is the person that folks are listening to, that's why. I just think, you know, somebody like Hakim should should be really feeding his messaging through because nobody want to hear from him.
Speaker 2: Okay, get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: Sure, all right, So that's your front faced news, y'all. Happy Friday and Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visitbi nnews dot com. Side note, my alma mater is dropping some amazing news about me, so make sure you follow at Morgan State.
Speaker 1: Just Morgan, Morgan State. Did you have a choice, didn't have a choice to go to any other school?
Speaker 7: I did have a choice.
Speaker 1: They didn't, Morgan.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry you didn't choose the right one.
Speaker 7: I want to see that the National Treasure is named after me.
Speaker 9: I'm just saying, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll go into all right now, when we come back, Kevin Hart, when we joining us, we're gonna kick it with Kevin Hart in minutes, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's sj Envy, Jesse, Larie Charlamaine, the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in.
Speaker 1: The building who refuses to stop.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Heart, Welcome back, bro.
Speaker 9: He just won't sit down yourself. Life is great, no complaints. Man here to talk about more, which means great, that's happening, still moving, still tracking, still working, still doing the same thing, but bigger.
Speaker 7: Talk to us about this new two part documentary.
Speaker 21: You got one.
Speaker 9: She congratulations to Jamie fox Man. This is a Jamie fox idea that he came to me with at heart be and you know, it was a concept about being one of the call sheet and the good and bad of it. Right, He's like, you know a lot of people experience it, but it doesn't do the same for everyone, you know, and whether it's the ego, whether it's the money, whether it's the idea of the money, whether it's the thought of my career is now about to be, and it doesn't become like there's so many different concepts attached to it. I thought it was a great idea, man, you know, Fox is a brilliant mind. And I said, to make it real, like we got to go out and you know, of course happen into all our relationships. So it started off is just the idea for men. Like we were heavy on the men's side, and then we were like, yo, it's dope if you have it to where you know there's a male version. And then we go when we tap into a female version as well, and really just expand the conversation of success or lack thereof, And it's it's dope to hear all these people talk about it. So I think people are gonna be blown away by hearing the good and the bad. Like everybody doesn't with the concept of it, you know, being one on the cause everybody doesn't it.
Speaker 1: When did you become the number one on the call sheet? And what does it mean to be there?
Speaker 9: I've been number than for a while. I love it. I love it like I don't. I don't want to make it very clear. I love it now. You never left the road. Why is the road so important to you? Because you control it, you own it. There's small venues, you do big venues like nothing better than stand up coming. There's no job better than the job of live entertainment, live audience, your fans, your connection, your relationship. It doesn't die if you treated like a plant and you for ever water it. The plan is never going to die, right like, so if it can grow and you have good seasons, bad seasons, it's always going to be there and those fans are just gonna ride with you forever. So I'm very adamant on staying true to stand up comedy. Nothing takes the place to stand up coming. I don't give what I'm doing the level that i'm doing at. I will go and do comedy clubs. I will come to New York for months on the time and just do a run of pop ups. That's my muse, that's my stress reliever.
Speaker 5: If you had Damon Wayne and say that he would never do a stand up anymore because he's like, people are too sensitive.
Speaker 1: He said people are stupid.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it's basically, you know he says anything, people get offended too fast, and it's like it's just not worth the distress.
Speaker 9: I understand. I don't see it the same way because I don't have that level of given. I don't want to do the thing that I love to do because I'm caring so much about what everybody else is thinking about what I'm doing. Like, I don't I think he meant that on you know how the Wayne's used to be like they no limit, like you talk about anything, but now that since the new trend is being offended and a lot of people are just you know, it is what it is though communities. I mean, Dame is Dame. Dame is a legend. Like if Dame wanted to go on stage and around, Dame can do what he wants when he wants. The idea of people being upset or triggered, if you're thinking about that, like, then you're you're going down a crazy spiral. I'm not doing comedy and thinking about the thought of what you think about what I'm saying. I have the things I want to talk about. I know the direction I want to go in. I'm not here to offend. I'm not here to to aggravate or pissed people off. I'm here to do my craft.
Speaker 5: Have you apologized yet to Delaware State University for what you don't?
Speaker 1: Let it go? Come on, let it?
Speaker 2: Why did you she didn't?
Speaker 1: I thought I was trying to.
Speaker 4: State University just a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Delaware State Sean Jackson said, you was sorry.
Speaker 9: I mean, first of all, it is all right, but it's like smart people there too. We're talking about Delaware State knows I have no ill will towards them. I love you guys, but it was a funny bit.
Speaker 21: You guys, your animated show out little cave yes talk about your life growing up. Yes, it means you want to do that animation style.
Speaker 9: You know, crazy. This has been a This is a crazy development, man. This is I wanna say, like seven to eight years in the making before we could actually like do it properly. Shouts out to Scott Mills over there at BT man for understanding like my world of want and allowing me to do it the way I wanted to do it. You know, it's an adult animation, and I wanted to like flip the story of the conversation attached to the Hood, right, Like everybody talks about the Hood from one point of view. You know, the Hood is the hood, and people like the Hood bad. Yeah, Like, and I think that there's a there's a positive side to it. You know, there's a role that everybody plays in the hood, especially when it comes to kids, families, Like everybody's a part of the village. Everybody's raising everybody's child, everybody is aware, everybody's in the know, everybody's trying their best to service and need a good and even bad it is happening, you know, when people find out there is an energy attached to trying to solve it and make it better. And this is a way of just flipping the conversation on the hood upside down. So it's about me, my upbringing, being in the hood, but having such a high level of love for the hood, for my family and for all the people around.
Speaker 1: It, and Justlarius is in it. Keep away from breakfast club.
Speaker 9: Come on, just don't listen to that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 9: I don't listen. First of all, I want to make something very clear. When people say like, kah, thank you for giving people a job, people earn them job, like I'm not giving thank you anything. I'm not out like, hey here, just here's a gift, Like that's just that's her team, that's people working and saying, hey, this is a good thing to possibly put just up for it. Just process. I mean, you could say no, but when people are talented and earning things on their own, it's happening the way it's supposed to be appreciate. I'm not in the space of know of everything and I'm hand picking people and doing like that would mean that I'm I mean the time and the day to do that and do it and do it and do it. And that means that people around me aren't doing what they're supposed to do. So it's your job to like properly package and put people in places to make these projects good. And it's my job to see it at the end stage, going wow, this is a great cave. These are great person they have great roles.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 9: I like this configuration.
Speaker 1: But justice earning that and you know, you do take the time to pour into the next generation. You know, drewski was up here and Drewskie said that you gave him and Kyson not a bunch of movies to watch, told them to get you stupid. Whatever your stupid asses is doing right now, watch these movies. Yeah, and prepare for the next level.
Speaker 9: That's I like what the younger generation is doing. It's crazy. I'm saying it like I'm I'm really am a part of like a time of old forty five. Damn well, don't look it, you know, uh, that older generation of like how we approach the business, how we approach the craft, right like, And I think it's dopest to see this new generation navigate differently, like the comedians of today did not go and work at it the same way that we did. Like they're they're breaking new ground, finding ways to be the personalities first and then get to the stage after. And the way they're engaged with their audience and the way the audience is responding to them. I think it's dopeest and being a fan of it, I feel like it's my job now to figure out ways to like grab this personnel when it where I can, and you know, try to push them forward with Kaim. Drewski Hi has such a monster man. I told him, I said, look, man, I want to show you guys ways to like give your audience more and ways to do more. So I came up with, like with some dope ass ideas concepts for us to rock in together, but stay true to the space of what they're doing. So Drewski, I know, he came and he was like, telling you guys about the movie. I don't want to tell you'all what it is, but it's a big it's a big idea that we're working now. But I was like, to do it. You guys got to educate yourself on things in this space. So it wasn't homework. I was like, understand production, Understand how movies are made, Understand the look and feel. I want you to be a part of the process, so you can understand the process. And after you do this with me, go do it yourself. Go do it and figure out ways to you know, do it with the other people that you're around.
Speaker 2: All Right, we got more with Kevin Hart when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning. Every body is dj n V just hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlamane, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking it with Kevin Hart.
Speaker 2: Juicy said, you actually set him up in that stream with that little kid.
Speaker 5: He said, boy, he said, it was you that actually said this is what that's that's what you did.
Speaker 1: Start off, started the follow your lead.
Speaker 9: What you need to understand is where the cameras are at all times. What I said, the juice keepers in his ear. I said something in his ear. Okay, nobody really knows what I said. He knows what I said. And then he took the liberty of going and saying very harsh things. By the way things it should be seen, walk right out like you see, I mean I don't want to be around that. I've seen a lot of people get in fights. I've seen what it's about to happen. I goes, I shouldn't be here, right, I should be here. They're about to start shooting. By the way, he's got the gun. I see it. I'm gonna leave right now. So I just exited the room because I think I think at the time, I had to go to the bathroom actually, and then a lot of stuff from what I was told happened. From what I was told, the kids start crying and stuff like that, and I I came back and I was like, what's going on? Right at that time, I'm the adult in the room trying to calm down, like, hey man, what's happening. And I think all the cameras caught me saying that, which is good for me legally, So I was never attached.
Speaker 1: Drewskie said he felt like he could make those jokes because he's fat and y'all were teething him all day about being fat or.
Speaker 9: Just first of all, calling people fat. That's aggressive.
Speaker 1: When you saw the big thinking of you, I just want to.
Speaker 9: I just want to know what I'm saying, juicy, big see a little bigger, right, because he had problems breathing when he walks up the steps. Yeah, of course, but but you know that little kid, I think it was on his way to a healthy lifestyle. You got to support that, right, a little kid because he was talking. I think the little kid was talking about exercising and stuff, which is good and I'm always glad to just be on the positive side of conversation. That's what I'm about, you know, a beacon of light.
Speaker 21: Joy Kevin, At the level of success that you are being an actor, do you still have to audition for roles.
Speaker 9: Or actlutely not?
Speaker 7: What are you talking about, Lawrence that he has said that he does.
Speaker 1: I think Martin said he had he pitches, he still got to pitch projects.
Speaker 9: That yeah, that makes sense if he's pitching things. I mean am I Am I really pitching things? I think I'm pitching ideas to my team. I'm more in the business of creating the things that I think best service my want in my direction and the business like when you think about the dramas, you think about all the things that I've done as serious like that's been me so true story. I was like, I want to I want to kill somebody on camera. I think it'd be dope, and I want to found a guy that created Narcos and I was like, Yo, it'll be dope if we can collab and talk. But we developed it and then I was like, Okay, this is great, Let's go and take this out Like that's developing it and then going to sell it Fight Night. That was me Will Packer will tell me you had the right and saying, hey.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 9: This can be dope with but let's do it this way and put the right people in it. So like the creative side of from start to finish is where I'm playing at now. But like auditioning, I'm not really auditioning. I think people they have a project, They're like, oh, Kevin would be good for this, and I'm getting those calls, hey, we want you to do and then I got a decision of if I want to do it or not.
Speaker 21: Like fans is the upside, That's still one of my favorite movies. You and Brian Kranston, they already saw you for that role.
Speaker 9: They said, we want to do the remake and we see you and Brian Cranston doing this, are you interested? And that was absolutely, and Nicole Kipman I was like absolutely, hands down. But it's it's it's coming out and having an ask not to saying that I wouldn't audition, you would up trying to clean that cameras there. I just wanted to look in and make you just look like I'm willing to do right.
Speaker 1: What about like social media backlass, because everybody, for whatever reason, it was highly upset when you hosted a NBA All Star Weekend. There was a sect a section the internet that was acting like they.
Speaker 9: You know, you know, what energy do you give that I'm a partner to the NBA, Like, understand what that means. I'm not coming on to be Kevin Harten have funny moments to the NBA. The NBA has been a servicing aid to my career for over fifteen years. Like you go back and you'll look at how much I've been on NBA T and T and All Star Weekends, Celebrity weekends, all these events like this, You're not looking. It's it's almost host adjacent, right, Like the personalities that we lean on because we're familiar with family and we know how they work. That's what that is. So the All Star I'm not going to the All Star Game to try to create a big moment for me. I'm there because the energy of the All Star Game comes with Chuck, Ernie Kenny, myself, Shaq, Like we've been doing this for years, Like just talking and playing with one another, bantering on camera. That's not an easy thing to do. They make it look easy, they make it look great. That's not an easy.
Speaker 2: Thing between you and Shack.
Speaker 1: Yeah easy.
Speaker 9: That's not an easy thing to do. Like that chemistry, that rapport. It comes from like having a real understanding for how TV works, So you can't just throw new things in there because it gets weird. People don't understand the times. Peoplen't understand the cuts, how much time you got to go cut back to the game. They're trying to do so much new, they're trying to discover it. So why they're trying to figure it out. Here's personality that we can lean on, so at least we don't have dead space or dull moments on camera. That's what that is. So when you understand the technicality behind it, then you you understand my involvement. I don't I don't feed into the other You know why I'm here partnership.
Speaker 1: Do you ever tell Shack that, like really back up off you be kind of sexually assaulting you.
Speaker 9: In a little bit Shack come on only one time with Shack has done.
Speaker 1: Some crazy okay where I.
Speaker 9: Was uncomfortable that whole singing that's on the internet that they that wasn't I wasn't scripted. It was a moment, but honestly, be real, Jack, I couldn't do nothing about it. Yeah they gotta cut. You know, before before I put a little size on not to say I could do something to shock, but I didn't. You know, it was a very frail version of me. And you know it was this is when Shaq was like when they were like just talking about Shaq being a cop and he really was a cop. Was gonna be funniest Shack pulled me over on real Hollywood and you know, like Shack is like basically about the arrestment. You know, everybody can't improv.
Speaker 1: They want.
Speaker 9: You don't even have to say this.
Speaker 1: We're not even discussing people who haven't seen a great show. It's a great show, but it's not online.
Speaker 9: But we're not gonna do is make it seem like something that was so, but he what he did was he grabbed me when I got out the car and he just tried to get a little physical right. It was like but just like like everybody doesn't improve the same comedy. Comedy is an art. Like you ever see comedians when they try to like improvate, some of them go too far or they don't know when to stop, Like, hey man, we got to end the scene, like you can't go over there, like, oh yeah, well your mama And he's like, my mom. You can't bring up moms because you don't know who our moms are in this scene.
Speaker 1: Like I just googled it. It says hashtag calls of the week. Hey yo, nah shock you straighted vio lady, Kevin Hart. You literally took that man in the Pound town. This is this is what you're doing. That's actually that's actually nuts. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: That's what he grabbed me.
Speaker 9: He grabbed me, throws me over the over the carr and he and he starts humping me.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I remember, turn you around, bit you over.
Speaker 9: Face, and the said you want to tell you how, let me tell you what I can tell Charlo Mayne. Charl Mayne is perfect like that is a nasty man that like in this brief time, I just found out a lot about him by the way he starts describing stuff. You're very graphic, nasty man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just told you.
Speaker 1: Just describing with you.
Speaker 9: He grabbed me and he throws me over the car. He's like, you don't know what. He starts humping me. I remember Ralph that rest of the episode. I remember I looked at out. I'm like, hey, did job the job?
Speaker 1: Something happened and they.
Speaker 9: Was like uh, they were like all right, Uh. Nobody wanted to say shot. It was like all right, we got it, so let's just move on. We just we just moved about it after address, just like that. Just shut up.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get you again off We just shut up. Did you get triggered a little bit? I saw you he was creeping up.
Speaker 9: That's a very I'm older and I'm I'm in a much more controller state in my in my life where you know, I would say something to you know, don't do that. You know you gotta stop it, right, like a firm stop that right. But in that moment, that was Shack trying to be funny. That's my that's my shout out to the big dummy himself.
Speaker 2: How we got more with Kevin Hart When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, everybody showing me got we are the break His club is still kicking it with Kevin Hart, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: I want to go back to number one on the call shee because Sterling K. Brown did an interview with He said that people wanted to put him number one on the call sheets, but he was superstitious about it because he'd been successful enough not being number one, so he was okay with being number two. What do you think of that?
Speaker 9: I don't. I don't mind that. You know what I mean as somebody that's been there, When when you're there and you've you've experienced whatever the conversation attached to it is, it's not the same level of important, right Like it's it's not important. I was joking a out earlier about the idea of number one of call sheet, but it's not that important to me. I don't. I don't give it. I don't care about top billing. I don't need my name to be first. I don't need my name to be the biggest when they first put the movie or the TV show out Like, if that's more important to you, I'm like, all right, let him get it.
Speaker 1: So when you in the rock do a movie, who's number one on the call?
Speaker 9: I let him get it? But he's DJ's an app Yeah, yeah, he's you. Let him get it?
Speaker 2: Joking yeah, DJ.
Speaker 9: By the way, he trumps me every time. What do you mean? It's not even conversation. I don't even bring it up. You number one on this right?
Speaker 1: What is the box office numbers?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 1: How do they?
Speaker 9: I think he deserves to be number one when we do the project. He's an international superstar. Not to say that I don't have international success, but I don't think that we're equal in that regard. I think that his movies have performed and done crazy business internationally, and when we do the projects that we want to appeal to the world, you should be first. I'm coming in and I'm on that train with you. I'm adding value to it, but I'm not bumped by you being first. We put an amazing cast together to help us get those audiences when we do, but I don't feel any type way about that. I think he deserves it and he should have it.
Speaker 1: Congratulations too, man, you got was announced that Heartbeat is it working with the pass Yes, heart Beat it to be the official cultural curator to provide in the team in and live experiences for fans in the Indianapolis Corus.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: First of all, what does that look like?
Speaker 9: It's an opportunity for our company, Like you're our company is a creative engine for any resource that allows us to be right, Like we are a business, So our business thrives when we can implement ourselves in places to create or elevate a brand, a company, an entity, an activation, whether it be live entertainment, storytelling, et cetera. Indiana with the Pacers and the Fever have an attraction coming. I think they have an all star coming up. But it's more about they're like, look, we're looking for ways to expand and elevate what we've done. They spend a lot of money on a new facility, they have a team that's thriving, a younger team the Fever or thriving with star power, etc. So they're like, how do we elevate? How can we better tell our story? And I'm like, that's what we do. I'm looking to be a better partner for the NBA. How do we better tell stories for your brand? How do we better promote and market you? How can we amplify or activate differently? Like these are words in the business that companies desperately want to hear from.
Speaker 1: Potential party, Will heartbeat call Mike Epps to do Absolutely, He's gonna call you to do something. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: I mean me and Mike's relationship now we're ten times, but it took a long time to get to where we are now. But I'm I'm happy at the road of like dumb because it got us to a place of real grown man and we're not. We're not doing the dumb like tweets. No more like Mike call me, I'm calling you. And we we talked, so you know when I did, Mike was the first one we got on the phone. We had a conversation, and me and Mike are are very much on the same page. And I think, you know a lot of the disconnect was from assumption. That's the realization that came about. But I have no it will no beat towards anybody, Damn sure, not Mike. And you know, right now the priority between me and Mike are figuring out the thing that we're going to do together. And you know, I've told Mike like, it's a it's a real thing, Like we haven't done it because of this disconnecting our relationship. We've never been on screen together. We did Real Husbands together in the beginning. Mike did an episode and that's the only time where we've ever jousted it on camera. And I was like, at this point in our career, like we're not nobody but ourselves, so you know, how do we make it work? And he's like, yeah, keV, like, how do we make it work? And it's a it's a mutual understanding. And I think now having that as a priority, his fans will be happy. My fans, I think would be happy. And I think it'd be dope for the culture when we do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where is that version of Hall of Knights for this era?
Speaker 9: It's hard, it's hard to happen because the idea of it being just one is what people can't let go of. Me Like, that doesn't have to be just one star.
Speaker 2: But Hall of Knights wasn't just one star.
Speaker 9: That's why I worked. That's why I worked. Richard didn't give about Eddie. Eddie didn't give by Richard. The two biggest comedians minus the boy. The only person that was missing that should have been in that Cosby and some degree right a showing of him. But they have Red Fox. Robert Harris like, if you go on, you look at the names del Res like you you look at the names and the people in Harlem Max, you looked at a conglomerate cast of hard hitting comics of color. We don't have that today.
Speaker 21: And even when it comes to like the younger comics, man, it's been a few of like DC young Fly has countless scripts that he has and he's trying to get all of us like in this generation. But egos and and what's she gonna be getting and who's gonna be the main character? I ain't working with her or how he you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: So the problem with the with the younger generation of comics, man made money so fast, good money, not a little money. They made money so fast. So it's definitely the idea of doing that. For that I'm over here agatting. It's like the ideal, I mean just just just made money, still making money, right, Like just understands that road money, if road money is a different type of money. These comics or new comics, influencers, turn comp I'm making real money. So until you get to a point where you understand the money isn't going to drive your next stage of success. If your next stage of success or want for success is attached to IP projects, whatever, you cannot do it by yourself. You gotta tap in. That's what people are afraid to do, and they're afraid to do it, especially in our culture because we feel like there can only be one and that younger mindset in this business today is a cash driven mind. The money will come. I'm telling you, the money will come. The ideas don't. Relationships and partnerships don't. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your cash, little keV.
Speaker 9: I'm excited about it. Adult Animation BT plus ones getting shot out to BT shouts out to my amazing team and heartbeat Man. This is a piece of IP that I worked on for a long time and to have it finally come to light is dope as it's funny, as it's raw, it's edgy. It's a true testament to my mom and dad who are here. So r I p to the Heart's upstairs and maybe down You know my dad, They say he could be I don't know, so uh, you know, just in the middle, my dad shouts out the pops, whoever you are. Yeah, I don't know what side uh this is.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to assume.
Speaker 9: I don't want I don't say if if God ever closed the door, my dad might have been on the outside.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: But it's a testament to them. So I can't with you guys. Enjoy BT Plus watch it locking in. No one of them call sheet, shout out the Fox, lock it.
Speaker 1: In, and you're at Radio City Music all weekend.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Friday and Sunday.
Speaker 9: That's it. I'm done.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. It's Kevin Morning, everybody. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 1: World. While on the Breakfast Club, the coaches.
Speaker 2: And I got them.
Speaker 6: Okay, So the awaited Tory Lanez album from behind Bars is here. It's called Peterson, It's twenty records, and again this is all music that he recorded while locked up. Now the album talks about a lot over the twenty records, so he talks about you know, girls not holding him down, friends not holding him down, financial issues while still having to pay bills, pay lawyer fees all that stuff that's prison right. Max b is on one of the intros, so I'm like, yo, I'm probably gonna make a home before you. But if I make it home first, don't worry.
Speaker 4: I got you. I'm gonna hold you down.
Speaker 6: But he does get into and I didn't think this was smart, but we're talking about it the Meg thee Stallion things a few times while on while on this album. So he has a song called Verdict. I'll get the full name, but Verdict is in the title the song.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Sean Holly was an attorney, right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sean Holly's is a very famous woman attorney out of LA So what happened was a while back, Tory Lanez had filed a complaint with the Ethics Committee, basically saying that his attorney, who was his attorney and then decided not to work with him anymore, Sean Holly had failed to let him know that she had a relationship with the other side, with jay Z Rock Nation, whatever the reason that they came about.
Speaker 4: Tory alleged that because.
Speaker 6: Of the show Reasonable Doubt, which is loosely based on Sean Hawley's Sean Holly's life, she works on the show as well. There are a few Magda Stallion songs, Yeah, Megda Sallion song and you know, just different songs and episode titles that are in relation to Rock Nation. He's basically saying like she has this whole relationship with jay Z behind the scenes that she never disclosed to him, and he paid her to be as attorney, and he feels like she was basically setting him up. That's what she was a legend now at the time when that came out, Sean Holly did release the statement and she said to me that she has never had business sides with rock Nation. Rock Nation has nothing to do with the show, reasonable doubt she does co produce it, and she said that actually Tory Lanes had made these claims over a year ago to the state bar which then rejected them and promptly closed the matter. But obviously Tory still in his feels about that and mentions it there and also directly he directly mentions Meghan now the incoclue ve thing that he talks about, which is when there were these reports that really released that Tory Lanes DNA was not found on the gun that shot Megdae Stallion now inconclusive means that there wasn't enough evidence to say his DNA was on it, but there wasn't enough to exclude him from that as well too, So it was like kind of up in a limbo. However, his DNA wasn't found on the magazine, which I don't think that his attorney's leaned in deep enough to. But hey, we're here now, so that's what he's referring to notes in that record. But then he also drops another record called my Sala, talking about being taken away from his kid lesson now listen. I said earlier that I don't think it was smart for him to put certain things on this album. I'm specifically talking about the Megda Stallion stuff. This mention of the restraining order. That restraining order that Megdae Stallion was granted not too long ago. Actually we reported on it up here. It makes it where Tory is forbidden from harassing, intimidating, threatening, or disturbing the piece of Megda Stallion by any by any means, by phone or electronically. Now, toy It's attorneys, they'd argue that that was against his right to free speech, but clearly the judge disagreed The reason why I said I don't think that it's smart is because anybody can argue that this is going to disturb her piece because now the conversation we're having is about did Meg tell the truth or.
Speaker 4: Did she not?
Speaker 6: Did Toy shoot Meg or did he not? Like that's been her whole argument, you know, this whole time. So I didn't think it was smart, but it's there. But outside of these two records, the project is amazing. Toy does great music all the time. He's flowing, flowing, yep. He also talks about when he comes back out, you know what he's going to do, and he does make mention somebody else he wants free on back outside.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to him on Diddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I all know what that was about. But that other song you played, what was called Verdicts was called verdicts and lawyer feeds.
Speaker 6: Verdict date in the lawyer feed interlud because it goes into a song called lawyer Fees.
Speaker 1: Here's my thing with people, right, why did they wait until after the fact to start talking like take the stand, like I don't care what you say in interviews after the fact, I don't care about what you say in your records after the fact, when you're fighting for your freedom, take your ass on the stand and say whatever you need to say.
Speaker 2: Then well, I don't know if he had that opportunity, because a lot.
Speaker 1: Of times he opted not to take this thing.
Speaker 5: But the reason I say that is a lot of times your attorney tells you shouldn't.
Speaker 6: No, he opted not to take this stay well, I mean, so what was reported was that he chose not to testify because his lawyers advised him not to.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: That he regretted doing that exactly, because you're gonna go after the fact, you in every interview telling people what happened, after the fact, you all in the records telling people what happened. Why wouldn't you take the stand?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But when you're in callt of law and your lawyer and you pay for a lawyer that does this for a living, and they tell you shouldn't take the stand, and you don't take the stand, and you lose, and then you say, damn, I should have took the stand.
Speaker 2: These are the things I should have said.
Speaker 5: Happens all the time because you listen to your attorney, if you have accountant, you listen to your accountant. If you have somebody that's a financial advisor, you listen to that advisor because you're paying them for their minds, for the things that they do for their education.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they.
Speaker 6: Actually so I think, you know, because he had switched legal teams a couple of times throughout this trial. At one point when he got to you know, he changed legal teams, he actually tried to file something basically saying that he was kind of like the words are impermissibly chilled into not taking the stand. So I think he was trying to get a shot back. I don't know, but shot back that's the wrong term this.
Speaker 2: What would his punishment? Excuse me, what would his punishment be for?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: Keep saying Megan, although she has a restraining order, what is the punishment for that?
Speaker 4: There can be uh several charges.
Speaker 6: It just depends on what she claims is happening to her, like you know what I mean, Like I don't. I don't know the exact charge that they would try and lean into, but it's just the possibility of it. I wouldn't even play with that. If I'm fighting Tori is still fighting a come home.
Speaker 1: Hey man, you can't shut niggas up. It's impossible. Okay. The white man be trying for years yet all right, Okay, well, I'm gonna tell you something else. I can't tell you how much I don't care. I am so tired to hear about this story. Oh my god, you talk about for ten years. I understand because he's still dealing with it. You know, Megan's gonna be traumatized by forever. But I'm just saying me personally, I don't care a right, God bless them all.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, I mean phenomenal project though definitely was a good project.
Speaker 4: You should listen to the music.
Speaker 5: A couple of joints. Mean, Tory has always been dope. He's been an amazing artist, rapping singer. So well, we'll see what happen from theregga luck with Tori. He was trying to call in, I know a couple days ago, but.
Speaker 4: We've actually been talking with this for five years.
Speaker 1: Wow, here, y'all so crazy?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 1: Man? Hey, white man lapping up? I'm ready with you, man, what a second more we need? You need to wrap it up with the some of them, some of them got to go off with some of them got to get got I just say he.
Speaker 4: Went party by Trump. Who prize is it?
Speaker 1: I'm tired trying to get I'll be back with y'all Monday. Right now, with you where you're going? Let me break y'all. Y'all are ridiculous, ridiculous human beings.
Speaker 2: Well, who are you giving your donkey to?
Speaker 1: Man? For two young niggas, Donnas Robinson and Jacoby Russells to come to the front of the congregation. We would like to have a word with them. Jacoby, as far as I know, still on the run. Hopefully they catch him in the next few hours.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Come morning, wake up.
Speaker 1: If you're like to enter the breakfast club, you try to Charla Nage some donkey to Day's just sad himself watching Charlotte. Man was ready for day. I never heard them donkey other day it again, charlam A Duncan, Yes, Chloe donkey today for Friday, March seventh, goes to twenty four year old and Donnas Robinson and twenty one year old Jacoby Russell. I really hate to do this story on a Friday, but if not now when those two y ns are the suspects and custody wanted for the Forest Hill murder of a thirty year old man named Ronnie Sibley and his five year old daughter Ramani Sibley. Well, one of them is in custody. I think a Donna is in custody. I don't know both of them are. But let's go to Fox four News for the report.
Speaker 22: Police two capital murder suspects are now identified and subjects of a man hunt.
Speaker 2: They're scared, they're cowards, they're hiding.
Speaker 22: They are twenty four year Adonis Robinson and twenty one year old Jacoby Russell. Both of Fort War's investigators say the two are the gunmen captured by surveillance cameras at a car wash Monday during the ambush and double murder of music rap artist Ronnie Sibley and his five year old daughter ARMANI.
Speaker 1: We have public enemy number one, Adonis Robinson, who's also a registered sex offender, public Enemy number two Jacoby Russell, who's on the run. Yes, so Donnas Robinson is in custody, Jacoby Russell is on the run. At this point, I don't even know what can be said. What can I say on this radio this morning that has never been said before, and the answer is absolutely nothing. What do I tell y'all all the time. If you're paying attention to your uncle Shalah, I tell you all the time that every day of our lives, all we are trying to do is avoid crazy, the crazy that exists within us. Okay, right here, all right, we try to avoid that. Okay. That's why I wake up when I prayed, and I meditated, and I read my daily affirmations, I set my intentions for today, and I do my best to contain the crazy that exists in this head of mine. Okay. That's why I thank God for therapy and all the mindful this mechanisms I use on a daily, weekly basis to avoid crazy. But see, that's the crazy you can somewhat contain. The crazy of other people is completely out of your control. There is nothing that brother Ronnie could have done to prevent whatever was going on in the minds of Adonis Robinson and Jacoby Russell. That's the type of crazy that we hope to avoid every day. But sometimes that crazy finds you, and that's what happened in this situation. Police say a motive for the killing is unclear, but does a motive even matter. There is not a motive you could tell me that would justify this man and his five year old daughter being shot and killed. There is nothing that would even make sense for me. Okay. I can hear both of these brothers now saying I didn't know his daughter was in the car, or maybe they knew his daughter was in the car and didn't care. Either way, it don't matter five year old girl who has just been in some time with her father. In fact, family spokesperson Bishop Rodney McIntosh said the five year old girl was just just dropped off to her father at the car wash minutes before the deadly gun fire. I don't have anything for y'all this morning. I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight, and there's nothing I can say on this radio to day that hasn't already been said a million times in my forty six years of existence. Okay. It's a cycle of violence that I don't know where it began, and I don't know when or if it's ever going to end. Okay. Police have not said how the suspects knew Ronnie, but they said the music industry is part of the investigation. The music industry, really the music industry guns. I have to tell you, though, the music industry doesn't kill people, okay, And guns don't kill people. Okay. People in the music industry kill people, and people with guns kill people. The moral of the story is, I understand all the external factors that push people to do certain things, but what about the internal? At certain times, I don't want to hear about anything else. I want to look at young men like adonas in Jacoby and say, hey, this is your fault. Okay. Destiny is not a matter of chance. It's a matter of choice, and you two made a very, very very poor choice that led to a thirty year old man and his five year old daughter getting killed. Now, Donnas is in custody. Jacoby as of right now, from what I'm seeing, is still on the run. But where you're going, Jacoby Russell, Okay, stop prologing the inevitable. You're going to prison forever. And that prison center you're gonna get was earned, and that's why the judge gonna give it to you. The world is just an exhausting place, okay, and we as a people got so much to deal with. But you know one thing I wish we didn't have to fear each other. Okay, there is a lot of opposition we as men black men have to deal with on a daily basis, and I wish I could scratch each other off that list. I'm not your op. I don't want you to be mine either. Can you imagine if we lived in a world that, no matter what else was going on, no matter what a the issues we had to deal with, we didn't have to worry about each other. Wouldn't that be nice? There is three black men gone because of this situation, and one young princess who won't get the opportunity to grow into a queen. So many families rowing forever, so much trauma that's gonna take generations to hell because of the poor choices of two young niggas. That's all I got, because the reality is, I feel like I'm wasting my breath. Please let ring me, mam, give a Donnis Robinson and Jacoby Russell the biggest he haw.
Speaker 4: He haw he ha, You stupid mother?
Speaker 1: Are you dumb?
Speaker 2: So stupid?
Speaker 4: So sad?
Speaker 6: Did y'all see the video of his daughter's friend from school? I guess Ronnie had came and did like a Valentine's Date celebration when his daughter in school and one of the little girl's dad didn't show up, so he like celebrated with them, and she made a video.
Speaker 4: Her mom posted it and was just like, I missed you in school today. It was like giving a camera her because she didn't.
Speaker 9: Come to school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so sad, little baby. It's a little baby.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you for that donkey of the day. Now, when we come back, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred five, eight five, one oh five one. We're asking what are your thoughts right now? There's an NYPD detective right now. People are mad at her right now. This is because she put out a whole dancing video.
Speaker 2: Now let me explain.
Speaker 5: Now, she's an NYPD, she's been on the force for seven years. She's a seven year veteran. Her name is Melissa Mericcardo. She's a detective. But I guess she also appeared in the world Star video. Now, while she was in this World Star video, she was wearing a thong, she was on a strip hole, she was wearing a skimpy bra. She had no police paraphernalia on. She wasn't on police time. This was after or off the clock, and people are mad about that one.
Speaker 1: Thing about the Bruks Club. We make hard less for no one. I mean, we be driving eighty miles per hour. We don't even attempt to slow down to get off the exit.
Speaker 4: Just too get hell, got to care where you're going sometimes.
Speaker 1: I mean, Jesus.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one five one. It was trend in yesterday. People were talking about it yesterday. It was in the New York Post this morning. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: So the cop busting it wide open? Oh yeah, see the video show.
Speaker 6: Avy's doing her favor of making it very like Oh she was in the video. She was doing a little dancy dance. No baby girl had a career before that.
Speaker 1: That you waiting on. I need to see the journalistic purposes.
Speaker 2: I don't show him right now. As I break it down again.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one again, Police officer detective, seven year veterans. She's on a special department, Special victims Unit. People are upset because this video is going viral. She's wearing the thong, she's busting it open. But this is she's this is after the clock. She's not on the clock. She's not wearing any NYPD paraphernalia. I guess somebody seen it and it was like, that's that's Melissa. That's Melissa. But we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, what are your thoughts? Some people saying that she should be fired, some people saying that's her business, not anybody else's business.
Speaker 2: Charlemagne's watching it right now, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: That's her business. What is that's her business?
Speaker 2: That's all you got.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking starlet. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a video.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's a music.
Speaker 4: Music that poll very well.
Speaker 1: What they should be paying the police officers more, and she wouldn't have to do things like that, you know, in her off time now to pay the police.
Speaker 5: Officers allegedly her salaries one hundred and forty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: That's in the paper too. And we'll just over come back eight hundred and five A five like a rich FREEK five. It's the Breakfast the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one five one to join it to the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Morning everybody's dej Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the Guide.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Now, if you're just joining us, we're talking about a New York Police Department officer. Her name is let me let me find out her name, let me do it right. Her name is Melissa Mercados. She's a seven year veteran of the NYPD. She does the Special Victims Unit. Now, people are are upset with her because she's in a video. She I guess the artist's name, I think is Esquire Sq. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know his name.
Speaker 5: But she's in this guy's music video and she's wearing the throng, she's dancing, she's gyrating, she's humping, she's doing all that in the video.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: The video is called Esquire's doing that music video, that's right.
Speaker 5: And people are mad because she's an NYPD. Now, let me just say that she's not wearing any NYPD paraphernalia, no hat, no sergeant. You don't even know she's a police officer at all in the video, right, She's not doing it on the clock, so she's not like on the job doing it. She's something that she's probably doing after hours and people are mad and saying that she shouldn't be doing it. What are your thoughts eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 1: What you think?
Speaker 6: I think that I get the backlash like she shouldn't have done it. I think when it's certain jobs that when you say yes to it, it transcends into your personal life. Like when I was not I'm not it wasn't a police officer, but I know that it was a flight attendant who asleep got fired, but.
Speaker 4: She was on the plane and she was different.
Speaker 6: When I worked for Delta, they made it very clear in uniform or out of uniform, your conduct and what you do can potentially inflect like ruin or mess up your job because we have a certain standard that we upkeep even when you when I was flying just as a regular passenger on a flight that I am not working, if I was to get crazy, do anything insane.
Speaker 5: Because anybody she's wearing she's wearing clothes, well not clothes, but she's wearing a thumb. Yes, she's wearing a bra. Yes, she is dancing and working. She's not naked. She's not doing anything illegal, and this is not on the clock. You be able to do what she wants me.
Speaker 6: I'm with all to b s your body look good, show it, do your thing. But as a police officer, it's certain roles that you decide to take. Like I wouldn't want to see a kindergarten teacher doing that either, Like there's certain things that like you just know the.
Speaker 5: Kindergarten teacher, kindergarten test how fine fine kindergarten teachers a dealing with kids though, Yo.
Speaker 6: She's dealing with her, like I just you just you regard police officers in a certain way, yes or no, like you look at them in.
Speaker 1: A certain way.
Speaker 2: There are people with job.
Speaker 6: That's because your dad's a police officer. Any no, said, let's see what the caller say. Because I'm with all of it. I look I am the biggest if I got it, I'm sure if I feel.
Speaker 2: Like it, what officer would you want to arrest you? Would you want her to arrest you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because she's gonna take me rid of it? Is that exactly the money reside period.
Speaker 1: I mean, being in a music video is not a crime. Like if she had on you know, the police shooting form in the video and she script you know that often was dancing, then I could probably see it being a problem. But I mean, as far as I know, police officers are allowed to have other forms of employment, right, and a lot of them do have other forms of employment, usually because.
Speaker 2: The department because then tell me what you're doing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so it's not being Being a scripper is not a crime. Being a scripper is not a crime. Being video is not a crime. And as far as I know, I could be wrong. I don't know, but there isn't a moral clause for police officers, is it. I don't I don't know. And I'm not one of these people like Lauren who look down on scripples. So you know, I know, I know, I know women who are scripping and still going to college. You know, I don't look.
Speaker 6: Down on strippers. I actually love strippers and I love giving them my money. But I do feel like I can understand why her job would look and say, hey, one does not go with it.
Speaker 2: We don't even know if her job is saying that the people are saying.
Speaker 1: But why do we say one doesn't go with the other. Scripping is a job. A lot of these women go to script and they make money. So she picked up another job, but it's not even scripts is hers as an actress, and she seems like a good looking woman for what I could see, you know, table group.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 23: It's Jojo from Orlando?
Speaker 1: Jojo?
Speaker 23: What was that?
Speaker 1: You got a do?
Speaker 14: I got a cold?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: Okay what she thought?
Speaker 9: Jojo?
Speaker 23: I think no one should be bad like I don't know if you've been to a strip club, but something they have a strength to be working on the polls, working on and stilling the orless. So I feel like they should be excited or I happy to about it, because that means home, glove out, the endurance to take down any suspect that she investigated.
Speaker 4: That's a point, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jojo.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: The Picon in Houston?
Speaker 2: Tyson? Good morning? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Tyson?
Speaker 15: Well, my thought is is I wonder how many of these people voted for Trump? Because if you have no problem voting for a president that permitted a family, while we're so concerned about a police officer that's doing this on her own time, it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: You're making points when a maid points are made.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother?
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 12: Vy? This is Raven, Hi, Laurvin Hiven?
Speaker 14: What are you calling from from Queensland, New York?
Speaker 2: All right, Raven, talk to us. What's your thoughts.
Speaker 14: So as far as NYPD firing her, I don't think that's gonna happen, for proving of that on all time law. However, this is wild for putting her career and tension at risk for a video that's getting no thing.
Speaker 1: But is what she did illegal? I mean you're saying she put her career in pension at risk. But where where does it say she can't do music videos on the side? Correct?
Speaker 14: May personally, I don't feel like what she did is illegal, but yp is. In YPD they have the whole thing is courtesy, respect, professionalism, whether you're on the clock or off the clock. That was a failure to toneath the requirement of professionalism.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I don't know. I don't know. You might be right, Lauren. Send me the video again so I can see how me and me I'm looking at this wrong, sid Raven.
Speaker 5: What about if she's because she could be acting in the video, right, she could be acting like a stripper.
Speaker 2: Would that be different?
Speaker 14: I do now that's true, and that could be different. But I'm with Warren on this rough just got a path life.
Speaker 7: I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 6: She looks, she looked real good to the past. Why can't she give you a current life? I'm not She looks she's great.
Speaker 1: Video. Calm down, talk, I need to keep observing the video. This makes y'all making the raby.
Speaker 6: It's this one point in the video where she look up and everything behind her is doing what they need to do, and she don't even know what's happening. Maybe she does, and that's how that's a part of deployed that drew you in.
Speaker 5: It's aunds like you in love five eight five, one oh five one. If you're just joining us, we're talking about NYPD detective. She's in the Special Units department. People are mad at her. Why she did this music video.
Speaker 1: She's on the cover and we don't know, right, we don't even know what if she's under cover.
Speaker 5: She's in this music video and she's the stripper in the music video. She's busting it open, and people are mad at her. So we're asking should they be mad?
Speaker 2: Call us up right now. It's the breakfast club. Good morning.
Speaker 11: Let's say if y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's topic times called.
Speaker 11: Eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is stej Envyess hilarious, Charlamagne the gud. We are the Breakfast Club Lonla Ros's heir. If you're just joining us, we're taking your calls eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. We're talking about this detective. Her name is Melissa mrcarter.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: She's a seven year veteran of the New York of the NYPD. She works for the Special Victims Unit. People are upset about it because she's doing this video which you know, world start put out yesterday, and she's, uh, and I think he's a rap. I think I think his name is Esquire. She's a stripper in the video. So she's busting it open. She's dancing, she's shaking, she's wearing a throng, she has a bra on, but she has no NYPD paraphernalia. She's not on the clock, and you wouldn't even know she was a cop. Let's probably one of her co workers told on hers. So we're asking, is this foul?
Speaker 1: Is it wrong being in the music video is not a crime. I'm watching it right now just for journalistic purposes, Okay, And you know she's not doing anything wrong. She's in a music video. And to me, this is just a side job. It's not an I legal side job. Correct. She's not hurting nobody, she's not degrading the badge in any way. She don't even have on a uniform. I wouldn't even know she was a cop. If y'all didn't tell me.
Speaker 4: I would never think she was a cop.
Speaker 2: Mellow, Yeah, you know the vibe of the word heavy, mellow.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you gotta break it down the mellow way, tell us mellow talk to us yo, right so.
Speaker 13: Boom so, I'm not gonna hold you. I'm on that detective side right now, because why are you showing all your goods and you feel me doing your you feel me doing what you're doing, what you're doing on that camera, knowing that you're supposed to be protecting and serving, not supposed to be protecting and serving, booty, she's not here to us, she's serving, not safe.
Speaker 1: Mellow, she is serving, But I don't know if she protected me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she damn sure serving. But hear me out, let's play white Devil's advocate. Why would y'all even hire her? She looks like a video vixen, starter kid. She got the BBL, she got the lip fillers, she got the ll koolba wick.
Speaker 1: Like what we're doing now?
Speaker 8: I do that.
Speaker 6: I don't like people do that because I feel like, just because of a look, you shouldn't be excluded from just because she looks good, she shouldn't be able to have a certain type of.
Speaker 1: Jobbl Mellow, Mellow, you ain't watch the video. This ain't BBO, that's Ris and b that's.
Speaker 13: She has the BBL. Why are you how are you protecting the servant with a BBL?
Speaker 1: Even, No, that's rice and beans.
Speaker 2: Mellow? Why why are you throwing like that?
Speaker 6: Exactly because he trying to say my wig?
Speaker 9: I didn't agree.
Speaker 13: It was nothing. I just said you have the ll fool big wig and she'd be wearing it like see, I'll be wearing her hats. I never said you wear your wigs like that. I said, Shorty in a video.
Speaker 1: Dude, this woman is not wearing a wig in this video, and she don't have a BBL. This is rice and beans. She's clearly from the Bronx Okay, he.
Speaker 4: Works the Bronx.
Speaker 1: What she does? Because I get back bar? Now did you blow it up? How do you know all that?
Speaker 4: I can just love?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's right, you looked enough. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 24: So my thoughts? I was talking to the other African guy. I don't know what his name is.
Speaker 1: But it's not he said, the other African guy.
Speaker 14: What you say?
Speaker 23: That's a whole.
Speaker 8: Art.
Speaker 1: Hold on, maybe I'm sorry, maybe introducing themselves as Africans.
Speaker 24: It was just the way he was trying to spell my name. My name is like imagine say like eye.
Speaker 1: No, it's funny, I mean because Brandon is from Ghana and artists from.
Speaker 4: Artists from Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: No art African. I can't remember where you are from? African?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 24: Yeah, so I understand. Yes, if she wants to do that as a hobby, it's understandable. But one hundred and four thousand dollars in New York is like twenty thousand dollars for y'all. But if such a hobby.
Speaker 8: Girl do it.
Speaker 24: But if not, they should at least pay him more. I just agree with Charlemagne. Just pay her a little more money. Maybe she don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: If they want to do it.
Speaker 24: I guess girl, that's what open for the world.
Speaker 4: She might enjoy it though too well.
Speaker 1: I don't see the problem if it's not in some police handbook that says she's not allowed to do stuff like this, I don't see what the issue is.
Speaker 4: The NYPD declined to comment.
Speaker 6: They're in From what I can tell, there is not a single moral clause for police officers, but some law enforcement agencies do establish certain codes of thick that outline moral conduct.
Speaker 2: Or playing a video yo.
Speaker 1: I'm looking to see if she has a BBL like no, I think she do. I don't see what she did wrong. She's not committing any crimes. Who says who says that you can't be a video vixen as a side job? I don't see the problem. And you know, people have to stop this because they making this out to be a crime and people are stupid, And what's gonna happen is somebody gonna try to make a citizens arrest and they're gonna stop in frist Carr Media, Okay.
Speaker 4: I did not know where you was going with that, but I see where you ended up.
Speaker 1: The call of the story there is a story.
Speaker 6: Moral story is if this is her side, gig is it in New York work?
Speaker 4: Can we go support?
Speaker 9: They stupid?
Speaker 1: All right, it's true.
Speaker 4: She looks amazing. I don't agree with it, but she looks good.
Speaker 5: She gonna do it all right when we come back. We got past the aucs NOL that will be joining us. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Here, everybody your DJ, MV Jess Hilarious, Chelamane the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Lola Ross here as well. And it's time for Past the Ox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DJ comes comes.
Speaker 1: What's up? Big nil n y l A, what's happening?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: The pregnant pause before the big nihiloge today is thats funny, nice shirt, Thanks.
Speaker 25: Big, big, thank you, guys.
Speaker 6: I'll be trying to put it together off for two hours of sleep. But we were here and were present. I wanted to kick off today's Past the Ox with.
Speaker 25: The new Woo tangling song.
Speaker 6: New w as fired actually by the res of the interview that y'all did last week.
Speaker 25: The new song is called me Dingo You Gotta come out.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, that sound like real mathematics. On the production. Who produced it.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure who was on the mathematics, That's what I'm saying. Who all featured on that method man inspected deck and.
Speaker 25: For the tour, I think it's a single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drop one of the man.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The ram make sure you go to hashtoy at seven nine nine.
Speaker 6: Broad screen nor shame was plugged was crazy, But I just wanted to say that. I just wanted to say that watching the Breakfast Club interview, I was really inspired because you don't really be seeing like hip hop OG's being healthy and like sharp minded and strong.
Speaker 1: It was like milk most times some of them.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, So it was really cool to see and I enjoyed all the gyms that was dropped.
Speaker 25: But anyway, for progressing, let's get into this new.
Speaker 7: Tia karent eight, North Carolina's own.
Speaker 6: Yes, next step, I'm going to slow it down a little bit, get into our R and B bag. Terry smart and dropped the project and he has a record on there with this artist named Og.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 6: Og has such a firefire voice and I can't wait for the world to get to Norse some more.
Speaker 25: But the record is called not Sharing.
Speaker 2: Couldn't get a vibe over that one.
Speaker 1: I would have to hear it the whole thing.
Speaker 25: Oh my gosh, Okay, that's all got to hit the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It sounds like they call one of the rank though.
Speaker 6: Wow, this whole song is that temple, it's a jazz. It's Terrace Martin to.
Speaker 1: The called on never crank you today? Talk about Martin?
Speaker 25: I can't tell, but he has a residency at the Blue.
Speaker 1: New production is always dope.
Speaker 6: You just said the car ain't cranking song because I hear the generation dealing extremes all the time.
Speaker 4: Y'alls, we don't appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Stop acting like a bunch of y'alls. You know what y'all translated?
Speaker 25: Okay, So the last record.
Speaker 6: The last record is from Joek shout out to Joe K Man. This is his first single as an artist. So I'm a big fan of taste makers turned artist. I think it's super dope. But let's get into it. It's called slow Down featuring Cruiser and Isaiah falls right there.
Speaker 25: So yeah, Joe k does selection. Yeah, and Isaiah's from Florida.
Speaker 1: That now, see that call was crank. That call is ready to go.
Speaker 9: That call was.
Speaker 1: So as we jumped in, we out.
Speaker 4: Like his home.
Speaker 25: My god, I'm glad you like your MV like Miguel.
Speaker 1: Okay, that that was that was dope.
Speaker 6: I hed to go to his instagram and watch when he'd be doing like the little blending things that he does.
Speaker 25: He's a big well Joe k it's a big matchup.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he has a whole collective called Selection Isaiah Falls.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Falls, He's dope. You sounds like Miguel, all right?
Speaker 6: Oh he has butterflies right or yeah? And then Cruiser is a band. They're instrumentals and they have a lead.
Speaker 25: Tinger too, aj But yeah, if you guys like.
Speaker 6: The vibes, make sure y'all follow me on Instagram at Nilis Simon. That's n y l A S y m O N E e E. It makesure you guys follow it. It's a certified vibe. That's where you can find all the playlists. We have a new playlist out right now called R and B with all the R and B gurlies since our next concert is going to be headlined by Abby Jasmine, Journey, Montana, and a few other upcoming R and B gurlies that you guys should definitely be tapped in with we also have a hip hop night where we're just playing straight rap music starting March nineteenth and broke at Dumbalas and make sure you guys pull up. It's gonna be bi weekly, which is honestly why I definitely wanted to play a Wu Tang record because people keep joking at me saying, like nobody listens to boom back, Like calling you boom Bap is an insult, And I just feel like there's still a big culture that loves boom Bab and just rap in general. So if you guys are fans of that, make sure y'all pull up.
Speaker 1: That's rap, Yeah, why whoa? It's classic New York hip.
Speaker 2: Hop, rhapsody, raps, he raps. People call it boom.
Speaker 1: Bab, no but definite, but it's a classic New York hip hop sound that's not just overall rap because when I was growing up in the nineties, I was listening to that with ourt cast sound. They're totally different than that music.
Speaker 6: This is true, but it's just not. It shouldn't be an insult, like don't think, oh you're a boom bat look like it's an insult. Like no, I like, don't she just kilt Paris Fashion Week. So eventually people will catch up, because I feel like she's gonna be that like mainstream, like it's gonna they'll catch up. They'll be all right, She's gonna be the She's the.
Speaker 25: Start catching up by plowing up. March nineteenth, dumb Vio.
Speaker 1: All right and listen. I want to tell everybody to make sure you go get your tickets for the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty sixth in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman Yards. We got Carrie Champion with the Neked podcast, we got Good Mom's Bad Choices, Tank and Jay Valentine will be there with the R and B Money Podcast, and Sarah Jakes Roberts will be there with the Women of All Podcasts. Will go get your tickets at Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival. Get your tickets this weekend.
Speaker 5: That's right, all right, when we come back, we throw it back on a Friday. So let's get to the mix, the People's Choice Mix.
Speaker 1: Let's go wait, wake up, wait cool. If you're like's into the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Club morning, everybody, it's dj n V Jess hilarious Charlamagne the Guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lonla Roaster is here as well, and salute to Jess Hilarious. She's gonna be out in Calalifornia, Pleasanton. She's gonna be at Tommy T's Comedy Club. So if you're on the West side of things and you're close to her, definitely go check her out tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At seven o'clock. You got shoulder. That's right, absolutely, and listen. I want to tell y'all once again, man, make sure you go out and get tickets to the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty six in Atlanta, Georgia at Pullman Yards. Okay, it is a day of culture, podcast culture in particular, and just community and conversation. Man, we got some of the best podcasts in the business. The Trapp Nerve podcast will be there for all the gamers. Good Moms, Bad Choices will be there for all the moms who still want to have a life too. Carrie Champion will be out there with the NECD podcast, the R and B Money Podcast, Tanking, Jay Valentine and Sarah Jakes. Roberts will be there with her Woman of all podcasts. I can't wait to announce some of the guests that these people have on their podcast too. But it's hosted by Mandy and Weezier Decisions Decisions. Go get your tickets right now, Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival. Okay, go get your tickets this weekend. All right, when we come back.
Speaker 5: We got the positive notice of Breakfast Club, Good Morning Owning everybody who's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club lo On the Rosa is here and salute to Kevin Hart, the Kevin Hart stop through earlier today.
Speaker 1: Pleasure when Kevin Hart pulls up man, Well, that that Jim Kevin Hart gave about, you know, not being afraid to pivot and and and don't get stuck doing one thing. That is a lesson that so many people need to learn, especially in in in our business. That's because I've watched so many people look up and think that the sky is the limit, but not realize it's a glass ceiling because they keep themselves and in a particular box. And like Kevin said, whatever you're doing now that's causing you to win if you don't dify that portfolio. That one thing can get burnt out real quicks, you know, the life lesson your BBL party in the deal?
Speaker 4: Why stop?
Speaker 6: Because people really have been hitting me up asking why would I get a BBL. First, I'm too smart for that. Secondly, the body is already body and I'm good. But they've been hitting me up asking if there are places that were recommending people to go during the trip, because you keep saying that.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, No, it's just.
Speaker 1: There, you say certain thing. That's why I look at the young boys. I'm like, y'all really just gonna allow us. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Brendan omt. I can't see him, but you better react the right.
Speaker 9: Way, all right?
Speaker 6: Anyway, May twenty second through this what May twenty second through the twenty seventh. I'll be in dr for the Memorial Day getaway. It is not a BBL party. If you have a BBO do you were welcome to joint cis. Come on out with that bikini. We're going to be there for the HBCU Black Alumni Weekend. I'll be hosting a series of events. They have comedy shows going down, pool parties, step show, No, not a step show.
Speaker 4: I just lie.
Speaker 6: I don't know all the events, but I'm not going to goddamn. Yeah, that's definitely no step show.
Speaker 4: I mixed.
Speaker 6: It's party is all a bed time. I don't know why I said step show. I think because I was thinking HBCU. But yeah, just come Memorial Day getaway dot com at the checkout. Let them know Lord the Rosa sent you and I will see you there. Don't come if you're still healing from you surgery.
Speaker 2: We got a positive note.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a positive note. Is simply this man. It's a quote from Steve Jobs that I love that I think people need to hear on this morning, this Friday morning. Your time is limited, so don't waste to limit somebody else's life. Don't be trapped by other people's opinions. Okay, are simply don't be trapped by people's dog ball, which is living with the results of other people's thinking.
Speaker 9: Have a great day, breakfast club bitess you gonna finish what y'all don