Speaker 1: I'm great.
Speaker 2: How are you guys doing so, how would you sum up kind of the first three days of practice? It's good, A lot of fun. Would you love to do Yeah, yeah, absolutely, it's been a lot of fun. I'm just just trying to take advantage of of all the reps I get working with all the guys, and uh, it's been a ton of fun just to be able to be back out there and have our full room back.
Speaker 1: Man, it's spent a ton of fun. There's not a lot of reps to go around. I mean, how do you do you do anything on the on the side field. Do you anything to sort of augment what you're getting in the in the actual practice? Yeah, I mean live reps.
Speaker 2: I mean we got we got four guys, so it's just kind of is what it is, and uh, just try to do it as best as I can take advantage of every rep I get.
Speaker 1: How did you link up with Jeff Christians in the off season? Did someone recommend it to you?
Speaker 2: I had a friend, Uh, his name is zeb Nolan that I played with in college and he had worked with Jeff and we talked about all the time, so he kind of we had talked about it and I had talked to Jeff and then yeah, we started started working together and that was it starting with Jeff. Uh I wanna get into all the details, but I feel really good about but what we've accomplished, and uh gonna continue to work and continue to get better.
Speaker 3: Along those lines, what did you gain from just being around Patrick Mahomes and maybe picking his brain anything that he.
Speaker 1: Kind of glombed onto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, uh, I think I talked about it in during OTA's but uh, it's just awesome to be around a guy like that. Obviously he's he's probably doing at the highest level. Uh there is maybe I don't wanna say ever, I don't wanna get in the controversy, but uh, he's he's playing.
Speaker 1: At a very obviously very high level. Uh.
Speaker 2: Multiple super bowl Its, multiple big games. So uh, just being able to pick his brain about everything in season, off season, his schedule, how he sees the game, everything like that?
Speaker 1: Was it just I? Y, did you do it in these last forty days as well? With no, no, we didn't throw together.
Speaker 3: Sure after after Brock got cleared the other day, what was the message from from Coacheana and to you? And then how did you kind of digest you know how this might play out over the next Uh.
Speaker 2: No, we haven't had any conversations. So it's just learn, uh find out, you know, right before practice or whatever, what the rep count is gonna be. And like I said, just just take advantage of ever rep. But super excited obviously for Brock. Uh that he's able to come back and practice.
Speaker 1: It's good to have a whole room.
Speaker 3: Really well, Brandon and Deebo look much proved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you notice about their improvements? Where do you see them different from a year ago? And Ba's catching everything.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's running great routes, he's getting to his landmarks, he's making plays, and he looks like, you know, the Ba that we all knew he could be these last few years and that he kind of turned into I think towards the end of the season last year. And Deebo looks great, man, I mean he he really took care of his body. I know you guys have all talked about it and heard about it, but he took care of himself this offseason, locked in and and he looks, I mean really one of the best I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: And when you have limited reps like you have in the last couple of days. If you make a bad throat, does it stick with you more and do you kick yourself more?
Speaker 2: Uh? Not really, I mean especially on the field. Maybe after practice going back and watching it, uh, but uh, on the field, I'm I'm very much trying to turn the page. Yeah, I gotta go on to the next play, cause once it starts to snowball and you know, let the linger or anything like that, especially with like you said, but just see and take advantage one rep at a time.
Speaker 4: Tuesday, Kyle told us that any type of rockets out there in the field, it'll be the ones.
Speaker 3: How do you kind of read that? How do you kind of feel about where you are positioned?
Speaker 1: Honestly, don't. Uh no, I don't. I'm not thinking about it.
Speaker 2: I'm taking it one day at a time, one rep at a time, and like I said, just just taking advantage of every rep and just continue to compete.
Speaker 1: What's the vibe like in the quarterback room?
Speaker 3: It seems like I'm a few Do you guys have a real strong camaraderie.
Speaker 1: With each other. Yeah, we're all real good friends.
Speaker 2: I Mean, we're all similar in age, pretty close, So it's just been really fun just to be able to work with those guys, bringing Brandon and Sam new this year. Uh, but it's just a fun group of guys, you know, it's off the field outside of football. I mean, we're all pretty good friends, so it's fun to hang around with those guys.
Speaker 4: Right this time last year, you were declared you're the starter with your box position. Right now, play what less than five quarters your season ended? Obviously, I think the control will rocket out of here.
Speaker 1: Control, But I don't. How do you just kind of reconcile everything? Like, I'm not sure you do.
Speaker 4: You've been wrong where you've gone from starter and declared starter to.
Speaker 1: Complete lead the number three?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I just like I said, just take it one day at a time. I'm very present, mind focused every rep, one rep at a time, one day at a time, one meeting at a time, whatever it is. I mean, I I truly everything works out exactly how it's supposed to do. So as long as I controlled, I can control. Uh, that's all I can worry about.
Speaker 1: You're very more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're a better player.
Speaker 1: Since you've been here? Yeah? Night and day? Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 2: All the ways the game slowed down a lot. Just continue to get better though you.
Speaker 1: Really on this work or at anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, a lot of a lot of breathing, a lot of meditation, a lot of just just present mind focus and and journal and things like that, just to to keep myself, you know, keeping it one day at a time. And if I do that, it's not too hard to stay positive. I'm pretty pretty blessed to be in this position, to to have this opportunit.
Speaker 3: You talk a lot of the spring about the finger and how it things mechanically and all that. How have you reached the point of where you, you know, kind of just able to repeat the mechanics that you want and you know, getting rid of the whatever you had to.
Speaker 1: Do to kind of get by. Yeah, just just reps.
Speaker 2: I think this this off season is probably the most I've ever thrown, maybe in my life, with no arm pain, no anything like that. So, uh, definitely just just reps as many reps as I could possibly get this off season, throwing as many days as I could. That's what I tried to do, and just try to get better, you know, one percent every day.
Speaker 3: Do you find it that if you've reached the point of just muscle memory like, would you go back and watch, you know, tape of yourself throwing?
Speaker 2: It's more my feet honestly than anything from the last couple of years. But uh, yeah, no, I don't. I don't find myself liking to watch the mechanics side of of the last couple of years reps. I feel like I'm in a much much better place now.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: You said no arm pain.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that is mechanics related?
Speaker 1: That your mechanics are are good now that you're not having this?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, With with the volume I've been able to throw, I think it's it's more mechanic thing than than anything.
Speaker 1: Like I said, But the.
Speaker 2: The past was the past of just probably throwing too much. What you win to old el Sam Darnold before he became teammates and what have you learned about it since?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: We had met actually when I was coming out pre draft, uh before the draft, cause he does is something with a uh agency tie. So uh we had met and been to dinner and hung out. And I know he's good friends with Josh uh and Kyle on as well. So we had met down to Orange County and hung out, so I knew he was a great dude.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We had been around him, or I had been around him a few times, so it didn't know a whole lot. Obviously seen him play and knew where he was drafted and everything like that, and knew he you know, had been put in tough situations, you know, his career, so uh, but knew he was a great person. So I was super excited when when Kyle told me he was coming.
Speaker 4: Was there We're going? Uh talked about you're having more touches that sometimes your fastballs were well SPoD at at times. But is that like would you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I guess what was the evolution of Okay, this requires more touch?
Speaker 1: How Er? How do you applying some Uh?
Speaker 2: I think just reps trust everything I did that this off season, just being more comfortable changing.
Speaker 1: My ballpath a little bit. Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think come in a lot better spot as far as just just throwing in and playing football and playing quarterback.
Speaker 4: Whe when you're running tray like you you you've scrambled out on one play to day, is there any extra sense.
Speaker 1: Of appreciation for being able to do it considering the injury you had to come off and rehab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I d I didn't think I'd be lying if I said I thought I'd feel as good as I I do going back to those tas and especially now, I thought i'd have, you know, at least a setback. Uh, But thankfully, you know, knock on what heaven had anything, So uh yeah, definitely, very very thankful for that, right.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you guys,