Speaker 1: Welcome into Books Insider, coming to you from the Bucks Studio, presented by Ticketmaster Casey Phillips. Here with Scott Smith and Breed Dix, and we have a fair amount of news. Yeah, you know, every year when off season stars were like, what are we going to talk about on this show? And then this team finds a way to just help us.
Speaker 2: Out with twelve months a year.
Speaker 1: Constant things to discuss. So of course let's start with a little bit of the news that's happened most recently here, we had some additions to the Pro Bowl games. So tell me who we got here.
Speaker 2: Well, both Baker Mayfield and Mike Evans were added. They replaced, respectively, Jaden Daniels, the Washington Commanders quarterback, and Ceedee Lamb the Cowboys receiver, both of whom I guess had minor injuries. They were obviously top alternates, and so when somebody couldn't go, they got in. And really it would be happy to see any of our guys get in. And of course Vita Vea and Tristan Worf's already and so that's four in the Pro Bowl, which is cool. But both of these late selections were kind of milestones because first of all, Mike Evans tied Mike Alstott with six, the most Pro Bowl in potations in team history for an offensive player. Only Derek Brooks and Warren Sapp had more, and they were both defensive players, obviously. And this one's even a little harder to believe. Baker Mayfield, who went last year and actually won offensive MVP honors of the Pro Bowl Games because he won that accuracy contest. He's the first quarterback in Buccaneers history to go to the Pro Bowl twice as a buckets, not even Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, not.
Speaker 2: Even Tom Brady. He probably should have gone in twenty twenty, but he didn't. You know, Trent Dilford had won, James Winston had one, Brad Johnson had one, but nobody's gone twice until now.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty I mean, he's only been here two years. The efficiency rating very high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That is really great. And then we had another honor. We've loved how many of these we've gotten to have this year. Bucky Irving got another one. That's what he did.
Speaker 3: He was named to the Pro Football Riders of America All Rookie Team, led all rookies and rushing yards yours from scrimmage led the NFL and Forstmou's tackle percentage and helped really just revitalize the Bucks one game, a unit that had finished last in the nf for the last two years and then accelerated to fourth this past year. But I mean, just the his ability to make that first defender miss, the shorty airy quickness, kind of the downhill charge ended up being a perfect fit for kind of those counter gap runs that really became the bread and butter for the Bucks this past year.
Speaker 1: So well deserved honor for a year.
Speaker 2: Being that's a loaded all rookie team this year to yeah, it was a really good rookie class, really.
Speaker 1: Strong class, which I mean, frankly, I think it's one of the only reasons that Bucky isn't necessarily being talked about even more for just offensive Rookie of the Year. It's not anything against Bucky, it's the fact that, man, this was a heck of a class, and Daniels of course being one of the top guys we talk about. But it's been a great group.
Speaker 2: All those quarterbacks worked out a couple really like shared verse and bring a lot I mean it's just an incredible class. It's very it's a good team to be on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And of course, as we talk about news that has gone on, we know that Liam Cohen now the head coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, which means the Bucks are in their process of replacing him with an offensive coordinator candidate. And man, they've just they're getting real good at this. First of all, I think, but I suggested that we should make a poster of Todd Bowles with the little crown on, like Baggie Smalls. If he's like this king maker of whoever he hires just goes on to do great, big things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Amie Baker Mayfield needs a little and.
Speaker 1: Baker Mayfield probably needs that as well. And so now they have gotten very used to this being the off season routine here to hire an offensive coordinator, and they did not waste any time and to bringing in candidates, and of course, yeah, it's always a very timely thing. So they have already interviewed several different people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Liam comb was officially announced as the Jaguars head coach on Friday, and the Buccaneers were already interviewing guys on Saturday and at first, I'm like, wow, that's fast, and I'm thinking, well, there's seven teams that are redoing their staffs right now, and then a couple teams, like say Detroit, lost coordinators. So there's you know, ten or eleven teams looking for coordinators and feat of these. Yeah, if you find a guy that you think is the best choice, you might have to move fast to make sure somebody else doesn't get him first. Right, So on Saturday, the Buccaneers interviewed Marcus Brady, the Chargers pass game coordinator, and Grant Udinsky the Vikings as offensive coordinator, assistant offensive coordinator, assistant quarterbacks coach. And then on Monday it turned to Rams offensive assistant and pass game specialist Neat Shape shield House, and also from the Rams, Titans coach and pass game coordinator Nick Kayley, and then again on Tuesday from the Rams their quarterbacks coach Dave Ragone. And then the first in house candidate for the Buccaneers was Josh Grizzard, who was the Buccaneers pass game coordinator last year. So you know that last one obviously has the possibility for continuity.
Speaker 1: And as you bring up continuity, clearly that is a big priority as you look at these of a you have that many rams people, knowing also that of course Liam Cohen kind of came from that, Sean McVay, tree, all of those people, and then you have the in house guys, so clearly they are prioritizing this idea of it worked really well last year, let's try to keep that going. And I think that is such a cool thing to keep in mind of. How you know, you've had so many different coordinators in these last four years. That's always challenging to hit a full reset on scheme or on language, and so the less you can change while changing people is a great sign. But also I do think it is really interesting to remember that how many years now have we been NFC champions and how many years now have we gone to the playoffs, And there's been a different coordinator for each of those years of being in NFC South champions And so it's just really cool to see the fact that, man, no matter who's been in that position, we've had the personnel it's taken. We've had a lot of the other great position coaches and other coaches to make it happen that Even though I know that it was sad to feel like you got to do this again. We've shown that we've been able to year after year be able to have some success there with different coordinators. Well, and an interesting tidbit on Nate Schielhouse.
Speaker 3: I saw that he served as the play drawller for Sean McVeigh this previous year, and that was a position that was previously held by Liam Cohen. But Sean McVay was the play jar for Kyle Shanahan when he was the OC in Washington, and he said, just for him, that's what kind of fueled his rise as a coach, but to understand the why behind the plays in and kind of being able to take that vision and be able.
Speaker 1: To replicate that and create that game plan.
Speaker 3: So basically he would spend like every Tuesday night till like midnight drawing all these things up and then they would present them in the Wednesday meeting. So once Sean McVeigh got the head coaching gig, he said he kind of always wanted that to be a role that he created for the men on his staff to help kind of foster growth. So Liam Cohen held it and then now Nate Schilhouse, and he said it's kind of been a good pipeline for creating growthing guys.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then of course, speaking of some changes within this organization, we also had not had a show since it was announced that John Spytech has left to become the Raiders' general manager, which we are all very sad slash happy about, if happy for him, sad to lose guy who obviously made a big impact on this organization and the front office. And we've seen that as we just talked about, there have been some incredible players brought in these last few years the way they were able to rebuild and it's not even it didn't even have to be a rebuild of we had all that salary cap stuff and the Brady years and transitioning into this to have had such sustained success these last few years. He is definitely a part of the crew that has done that and excited for him to get this opportunity. But going to be interesting to see what they decided to do in the front office moving forward of do they change anybody out into new roles or is it Hey, we're just ready to rock with all the current people we have here, So congratulations to him. Is going to be interesting to see now heading into this draft, the ways that they tried to kind of fill that spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well deserved. He was here for nine years, right, Yeah. I've been thinking the last few years that this is going to happen. Yeah, and we've seen it. Yeah. Yeah. And really, the body of work that Jason Lan's crew has done in the last decade or so is not only impressive, as you said, building a roster that has such sustained success, but they've also shown the ability to shift approaches and strategies. If you all recall, we spent a lot of years kind of doing the year by year, don't get into any kind of cap bad situations, not a lot of you know, pushing CAP hits down the road. And then when Tom Brady arrived and we thought we were there, we were close. Then it became all in. And then they did all in for a few years and it worked, won a super Bowl, obvious in all these division titles, but then got into kind of a rough cap situation as was expected, and then we're able to adjust from that and still rebuild the roster again with Baker Mayfield and some others to continue winning. So they've you know, spy Tech was part of a big part of a process that shows that this front office can succeed in a lot of different ways. Yeah, and so I'm sure that was very attractive to the raiders.
Speaker 1: Yes, as it should be. And then all right, so now normally this is where we do a trivia question, and we'll continue to alternate. We'll have some trivia questions, but we're also introducing a new segment called Stump Scott. I'm a little nervous because he just gets on his little high and mighty horse over here with his trivia questions that we don't know. We decided we wanted to try to turn the tables and this is a fan led segment. That is what I would most like to say is that this is up to you guys to try to stump Scott.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Speaker 1: We think it's a great idea. Your opinion was not considered.
Speaker 2: I just gloried that whoever it is is this comes from a fan, and it was they're going to get too obscure. Who you know recovered the fumble in the nineteen seventy nine NFC Championship game in the second quarter or something.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. You don't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just hope it's at.
Speaker 1: Least yes, that goody is that these are at least obtainable. It's not Yeah, what happened on third down with two minutes left in this Yeah, we're not We're not going with that. So I think this first fan that submitted one understands the assignment of there wasn't something that was completely unattainable, but it's not necessarily a mainstream question that everyone would know, and so we would like to read our first Yescot question.
Speaker 3: Your question is who was the Bucks offensive tackle drafted in the first round of the nineteen ninety one NFL draft to attempt to replace Rob Taylor.
Speaker 2: At first I thought you were going to say two thousand and one and it would be Kenyatta Walker. But the answer to your question ninety one is Charles McCrae.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable from and knows the.
Speaker 2: College, and I believe he was the seventh overall pick.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, those are those are even part of the question. He was like, let me answer the questions and then add information into it.
Speaker 2: By the way, that Rob Taylor you mentioned went to Northwestern, well.
Speaker 1: No wonder you know that. Of course, no particular special.
Speaker 2: That was real. That was real. Yeah, we didn't. I was not given any advantage.
Speaker 1: Not believe me. We don't want him to succeed at this. We're not trying to help him. We want to stump Scott so and then thank you, thank you to this first fan. We're sorry that that did not work. But now the auntie has been upped. For all of you out there. If you would like to stump Scott, please submit to Bree or Eye on social media and we will make sure to try to get the question in here.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot more fun when I get him right.
Speaker 1: For you, Like for you, we can't wait for the day that you don't know we're gonna have cake and yeah Patty and streamers that are going to go off in here. So yes, please help submit more of those questions. All right. So now, also this is where we always like to give you guys some updates on some off the field things that are happening around here with the Buccaneers. And I am so excited to get to highlight the she Is Football weekend. So we've kind of brought it up a little bit before, but now we've released even more exciting information about it. So we wanted to make sure everybody knows, hey, why you should come and be what would happen when you get there. So recently we announced the keynote speakers. The keynote address of this is going to be Aaron Andrews and Carrissa Thompson, and they are going to be featuring a live recording of their podcast that you will get a chance to be here and to watch. And the live show is going to serve as the finale for the She's Football Women's Summit slated for Friday, March seventh at Raymond James Stadium, which She's gonna be all these female leaders from different industries and you're going to get to choose from four different tracks of what you want to kind of focus on or emphasize on, which is really cool. The business Sports, Launching your Career Masterclass, and leadership and reinvention, and the entrepreneurial Journey. So this is really an incredible opportunity to get to hear their podcast. There's a whole networking summit and talking about a lot of different career things, which is really cool. So if you're interested in purchasing tickets for the summit, you can do that now by visiting buccaneers dot com slash Sheese Football, or if you want to just go to the buccaneers main website page. There's a community tab and you can find information for it underneath there. And then also on Saturday, March eighth, again is part of the same weekend, you can participate in the She's Football five k run, walk and stroll at the Advent Health Training Center. It's going to start in like that flag lot over at the Trainee Center is going to go through the stadium end in the endoor, which is a really cool opportunity for everyone to get to be a part of that. And I love that we have the run, the walk, the stroll. It's all people, yes, all skill sets. The troll sounds great to me. I don't know about you, but yeah, So this is going to be just an amazing weekend. So again, if you want to participate in either day, in both days, in the run, in the summit, whatever it may be, please go check that out on the Buccaneers website. I just think this is such an amazing event and there's even more to it that I didn't just highlight here, but I just really wanted to highlight especially the Aaron Andrews and Chrissa Thompson part and the five K. So that's gonna be a lot of fun. All right. So now we got the Super Bowl coming up in a couple of weeks here, Yeah, we have the Pro Bowl as well first, of course, but then we have the Super Bowl, and we decided we wanted to do our predictions. I also love already the noise that was made over here, Like I can tell how excited you are about this particular matchup through So all right, let's go with our predictions. Brie, Let's start with you. So I wish I could root against both teams.
Speaker 3: You can, but for the sake of this one, I do think that the Kansas City Chiefs are gonna come out on top, and I do think they're gonna be able to achieve the historic three p But in order for them to do that, they're gonna be obviously have to slow down, say Kuon Barkley and get into an offensive groove against the Eagles top rated defense. But the Chiefs pass rush has been effective. They've had ten combined sacks against the Texans and the Bills in the postseason, and then obviously yak yards has been a really big thing for their offense. They rank second and passwright over expectations for NFL Action Nection stats.
Speaker 1: When they do pass any.
Speaker 3: Yak yards have made up fifty eight percent of their receiving yards, which leads the league.
Speaker 1: And then of course Xavier Worthy, their speechter.
Speaker 3: Has played a big part of that and had a big game against the Bills.
Speaker 1: So I can't say.
Speaker 3: That I'm just absolutely allite to tell you this matchup, but I do think the Chiefs are going to find a way to win, as it seems they always do.
Speaker 2: We've always been a big Eagles fan, haven't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, from Dallas. Most people from Dallas.
Speaker 3: I have had a bitter hatred for the better part of my life.
Speaker 1: It's required and they kick you out. Yeah, so, Scott, Well.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the Eagles, and I know it's not necessarily the smartest thing to do in the world. I'm not root again, So I'm actually rooting for Kansas City. I'm Chiefs employee. It was a long time ago, and I also like to see history like when like when the Patriots were sixteen and oh I was hoping they would win that Super Bowl and be the undefeated team through the Super Bowl, but they didn't. And uh, i'd you know, seeing a three pet would be cool. Why do I think the Eagles are gonna win? I think obviously their their defense has been excellent all year, and Jalen Carr has just been wrecking offensive lines up front, and their secondary was completely fixed by you know, the additions of Quinnyon Mitchell and Cooper de Dijon. They had believed they finished the season with the number one ranked defense, but what I saw in the last game on offense was was really all coming together for them. Obviously, the running game has been amazing, and say quin Barkley seemingly rips off a fifty yard touchdown run in every game. They've got that, they've got the fact that Jalen Hurts can run, that they can convert virtually any third or fourth down and one with the tush push. And now in this last game, the passing him was a lot more efficient. They were able to hit the shots downfield to Aj Brown. Aj Brown was bullying guys as he does when he's playing his best. A lot of little They were using DeVante Smith and the Dallas godd at the tight end to get the short passes with the ghak afterwards. This is what this offense was supposed to look like, and it hasn't really succeeded in that way for a lot, especially towards the end of the season. It seems like it all came together at the right time. So I just think they're the more complete team. If that offense is humming like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, man, I really could make a case for either of these teams. I decided to go with the Chiefs. I am also I'm with you. I'm rooting for something that we've never seen before, because as much as really what I root for is parody, we don't really have that in either team. Either team has won a Super Bowl recently, and so when that's the case, I'm like, you know what, let's see the thing that we've never seen before. I think that would be really cool. And the Chiefs can be fun. I know, people get kind of tired of the fact that they've done, you know, so well, but there's a lot of really fun things about them. Big Andy Reid fan. But in terms of why think they'll win, I actually think because the Eagles, I mean, Saquon Barkley has become just such a massive part of what they do for good reason, and then also the fact, like you said, Jalen hurts his mobile. But the Chief's defense seems like one of the few units to me I trust to be able to figure out a way to slow it down. Steve Spagnola has done good point a great job this year, and you got people like Chris Jones who can blow it up from the inside with the run. He also has kind of that get off speed and quickness to try to still set an educcasionally and take people down. Like I just think that their defense of all people could be the unit that knows how to slow them down. And I think the Chiefs just have more potential weapons and ways to win where maybe they have a chance to slow down the Eagles main game plan. So that's what I think. But I mean, I would not be surprised if the next show after the Super Bowl we're talking about man Saquon Barkley just ran for a Super Bowl record five million yards and it will have been completely wrong, because I do think it's very hard to pick against a guy that, like you said, he it's not that he's just good, he's elite. He's unlike anything. I feel like i've in so many ways of it's just you assume there will be a run that is fifty or sixty yards for a touchdown, and that's an absurd thing to assume will happen. So yeah, I could. I won't be surprised either way.
Speaker 2: Do we just do three predictions about this rule and not even say the word Patrick Mahomes? Say, Patrick Mahomes, that's kind of wild, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, then I'll say that, Yeah, the Chiefs might win because they have him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, we could have just done that. This could have been a lot quicker.
Speaker 1: You can tell we're trying to find the new different things to talk about it, like, yeah, yeah Mahomes, we know, we know he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: If they win, Patrick Mahomes is probably going to be the MVP. Right, that's generally the way it goes. But I think your best point there was Steve Spagnolo like, if the Chiefs win, a lot of the discussion is going to be about house bags. Did it again?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: I completely agree. All right, that's going to do it for us on this edition of Bucks and Saturday. I hope you guys enjoy watching all that Pro Bowl stuff. We'll be back here again next week.