Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two in this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan. It's Dan Patrick Show. Come on in. Gang's all here ready to go. Stat of the Day is always brought you by Patani America, the official trading cards of the program. Big ten. Saturday Night, Ohio State in Oregon?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: How good is that? That'll be on NBC in Peacock. Here comes Saturday Night presented by Discover. I think the last that I looked it was Ohio State favored by three, Yes, Tod.
Speaker 4: And Todd Blackledge joins us on Friday Shameless Plug. He's calling that game with no Eagle. Okay on NBCA.
Speaker 2: How about that Ohio State and Oregon? Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: The most important question is what uniforms will Moregon be wearing.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you bring out something new, something different? How many uniforms do they have in their catalog?
Speaker 6: Semi unlimited because year to year they bring out a couple new options, and if they went back in the well, there's got to be forty different options. Over the past fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Penn State favored by five at USC Texas favored by fourteen against Oklahoma, the Red River rivalry. Let me see if there's anything else. Old Miss favored by three and a half against LSU. I don't know if there's anything else of great importance here. Those are the ones that stood out, but Ohio State in Oregon and they are favored by three eight, seven to seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle it DP Show. The legendary New York sports radio host Mike Francessa will join us. We'll talk about the Jets situation. Also at baseball last night, Yeah, the Phillies losing to the match, Mets up to one. Padres rough up the Dodgers where they hold on to win it. They had six runs in the third, they hold on to win it six to five. They're up two games to one. And then you have baseball coming up later on today. The big news yesterday the Jets firing their head coach Robert Salah. He won twenty games, lost thirty six during his run with the Jets. Here is the Jets owner Woody Johnson on why he made the head coaching change, that this.
Speaker 6: Is one of the most talented teams that has ever been assembled by the new York Jets. I wanted to give this team the most opportunity to win this season.
Speaker 1: I feel that we had to go in a.
Speaker 6: Different direction, and that's why I did that today. This change, the.
Speaker 7: Change that we made today that I made, I believe will bring new energy and.
Speaker 8: Positivity that will lead to more wins starting now.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would love to have followed up by saying, how does this bring more energy? How does this change bring more energy here? Because the issue, mister Johnson is the offense. You're going to fire the head coach, you still have that quarterback and that offensive coordinator. You have the same offense here. Unless you're bringing in DeVante Adams and you think that he is going to change the fortunes, I would be surprised at that because you're bringing in a coach. These things usually they either go really well where you rally around a coach, like we saw with the Raiders with Antonio peerser Rich Bisacia. I mean, it does happen. It's just rare when it happens. And this is New York. All eyes focusing. You're on Monday night, this Monday night against Buffalo, and then the following Sunday you're on Sunday night against the Steelers. All your flaws are going to be exposed. Aaron Rodgers is going to be on display, and everybody's going to have an opinion on Tuesday morning and then the following Sunday night on Monday morning about Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Now, maybe it goes well. Maybe they do change some things. They do have weapons. I'd still like them to establish the run a little bit. Maybe that would give Aaron a little bit more time with play action pass. Maybe they bring in Devonte Adams. But this is a team. All they have to do is be an average offense. That's it, and they can win that division. They're ranked twenty sixth right now. The defense is ranked fifth. Inexcusable. All right, pull question from hour one Seaton, and what are we going to go with an hour two hour one?
Speaker 9: We have up there more to blame for the jets struggles, the quarterback, the offensive coordinator, the head coach, or the owner.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a guess.
Speaker 9: Here, shall we?
Speaker 2: Shall we?
Speaker 9: Shall we?
Speaker 2: Todd go ahead, I'm going to say the head coach, all right, Marvin, head coach, Pauli quarterback. I'm going to say offensive coordinator.
Speaker 9: Right now, it's almost a three way tie for second. Please okay, with the offensive coordinator barely edging out the head coach and the owner. The quarterback, however, has forty seven percent.
Speaker 7: Of the vote.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Yeah is running away with that? Well, I guess it should be Aaron Rodgers because he brought in the offensive coordinator. If I'm gonna blame the OC, I gotta blame the guy who brought in the OC, and that's Aaron Rodgers. Teams that have made the playoffs after moving on from their head coach during the season nineteen sixty one, who can forget the Houston Oilers, of course, and then the twenty twenty one Vegas Raiders. John Gruden wasn't officially fired, but Rich Bassacia took over and then they went to the playoffs as an interim head coach. It can happen. Well, First of all, it's rare when you fire your coach on a potentially a good team during the regular season, because normally, if you're getting fired, your team is not very good. Therefore your odds of making the playoffs aren't very good. Any other poll questions we're considering Seaton.
Speaker 9: No counter We have several that we're considering. All right, post one over, Okay, that's fun. The NFL franchise. I have the toughest time picturing winning a super Bowl. Okay, well we could start with the Cleveland Browns. Tough to imagine them winning anything right now? Yeah, all right, this one's interesting. The Detroit Lions.
Speaker 2: No, I can see it now. I feel like I could see it now too. But it's like the Padres. You can see the Padres maybe winning a World Series? Can you like the Clippers. I can't see the Clippers winning an NBA title. I just my vision won't allow it, Yes, Paul, But.
Speaker 6: The Detroit Lions history makes it odd to think about it, like right now, currently they're a favorite, one of the favorites, but sometimes a team's history makes it like I just.
Speaker 10: Can't imagine them actually doing it.
Speaker 6: The Cubs a decade ago, the Lions now, back when they were the Indians, like the Carolina Panthers right now seem awful and distant from the super Bowl, but like ten years ago they've been fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're talking about now, so I'm talking about the Lions now, and you see the Lions winning. I don't see the Clippers winning. I don't see the Saints winning a super Bowl. Panthers aren't gonna win.
Speaker 9: But historically though, there were so many years that the Lions weren't even close. But I do it's like they're too many years into being better now that now you can imagine them winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but the Browns, the Browns have been bad.
Speaker 9: The Browns have been bad. We have the Carolina Panthers on here. Tough to imagine them. What about the Well, I don't know that anybody's fired their coach mid season then gone on to win the Super Bowl. But I can't imagine the Jets winning anything this year. What about the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 10: That's what I put in there.
Speaker 2: No, I can see them winning a super Bowl.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 2: They may accidentally win a super Bowl one year.
Speaker 9: There's a lot of star power, yeah, to not be able to win.
Speaker 2: But sometimes you become a little bit more. There's more notoriety and fame because you're on a famous franchise, Like you get more credit because you're there, like the Lakers. Now, the Lakers aren't going to win a title this year, but still everything they do is going to be magnified. The Cowboys. Everything they do will be magnified. Therefore, it feels like, man, they got a chance. Because everybody's talking about the Cowboys. Cowboys still get more run than anybody any franchise, all the franchises combine, it feel like don't compare with the Cowboys. Therefore, if I'm a Cowboys fan, they're always talking about my team, it always feels like they got a chance, even when they don't. You know, these hosts playing the hits, that's why they're talking about this, That's why they talk about them. The Lakers. The Lakers will get more coverage than the Celtics will this year, and the Celtics are defending champs. Why because the Lakers get clicks. That's it. Yeah, pull pie in the face.
Speaker 6: The New York Jets franchise appear in a Super Bowl before the Dallas Cowboys franchise appear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I might not be doing the show by the time that happened. Motivations, So then we have to come back and get together and have a reunion. Yes, I don't want to do that one day A one day reunion.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like those bands that get back together that you know for.
Speaker 2: A one a one night only a one pie only. Does anybody want a piece of that? The Jets get into a Super Bowl before the Dallas Cowboys, Todd.
Speaker 4: I think the Cowboys will get them before the Jets.
Speaker 9: I'm in on that, all right, Seaton, I think the Cowboys would get there first.
Speaker 2: Marvin, you want to be in there?
Speaker 5: Sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: All right? I'm going to go in there. Four paus to one for Pauline.
Speaker 10: Let's do it.
Speaker 9: So, let's say how many years do we have? How many Super Bowls do we have?
Speaker 2: Two? I'm gonna know I'm going to include that following year when I retire on Christmas Eve, Grandfather in that Super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Yes, so that's the twenty twenty seven seven, that's February twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Or is that twenty eight, twenty eight, twenty.
Speaker 9: Eight, February twenty twenty Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know where we're gonna be February of twenty twenty eight, trying to.
Speaker 5: Think Super Bowl sixty two.
Speaker 2: I believe that all right, Now, where will I be? I might be like a guest of honor at the Super Bowl? Maybe, I mean, who knows, Maybe the commissioner says, hey, Dan, you know what, I never came on your show. But I'm just afraid of your questions. Why didn't you come on in here and you could stay in my suite with me. We're gonna name you the Walter Peyton Man of the Year. Oh, come on, Commissioner, let's see. Where's Todd Todd in February of twenty twenty eight, hopefully.
Speaker 4: Getting sandwiches with John Elway. I'm like his personal assistant picking up his dry cleaning stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know if the Broncos.
Speaker 4: Lt little cabin in the woods in Colorado, somewhere up John's on the phone.
Speaker 5: I gotta get his stuff.
Speaker 2: You know that movie Misery.
Speaker 6: Yes, I keep drawing Allway hostage in mind.
Speaker 2: So John Elway would be James Kahan gets in a car accident, and then you'd be Kathy Bates.
Speaker 4: You got to start treating me more nicely, mister man, mister seven, whatever you call yourself.
Speaker 9: You never got out.
Speaker 2: Of the cock of duty car.
Speaker 10: That's not bad.
Speaker 5: That is they cheated us.
Speaker 1: That's not what happened.
Speaker 2: That's better than your Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: Yeah, locked, you said they never got out of the cock of duty car. Yeah, that's not the impress. So the last Super Bowl is is at so far for this show. Oh, that would be February fourteenth, twenty twenty seven. Will be at that one. Okay, the February twenty eight, twenty twenty eight, we won't be at.
Speaker 2: But where is that one? You feel like it's a Miami or something.
Speaker 9: Feels like it's a mile away.
Speaker 10: Yes, I think it's undecided.
Speaker 6: I think the last scheduled one is LA twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 10: That's what I see right now.
Speaker 2: Where's Marvin gonna be? You might be at the mother Ship. You might be doing some stuff with the Mothership.
Speaker 5: I think I'm more like an NBA like Ringer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could be like freelance. They would hire you to.
Speaker 5: Kind of do what I was doing before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe you do that seating. He might be something to do with the Men's United States Men's Socrates y fire. Yeah you say.
Speaker 9: Anything to do with soccer, I would be super pumped about.
Speaker 2: Paulie will probably be a radio producer in Chicago. Maybe I could see him going back to Chicago. About host, well, it could be host, Well, he could be he could be I don't know, just maybe he is a you know, host slash producer in Chicago or producer slash.
Speaker 10: Host wherever the slash is.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 5: And we all just come back for just one day, one day for the pie okay y studio audience.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's it's quick. We just show up, get out of our cars, smash Paulie in the face getting our cars, and we leave or vices. Yes, yeah, and that's it. Then we're done, and then we'll probably never see each other again.
Speaker 10: Good run though.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we got a lot of time before that.
Speaker 9: We saw we saw each other a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah we did. Yeah. Yeah, It's like I tell Todd, how can I miss you? If you won't leave, if we have a pontoon party on your No, you will not. I would throw you over like a life jacket. I would throw you over. No, I've been your life jacket.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I was thought it'd be fascinating to have like a clock that measured the amount of time you spent with other people on earth, because number one will clearly be your wife than your kids, but the other three not you, Marvin, just because you're newer here, the other three guys in this room.
Speaker 10: If you looked at the amount of hours spent together.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't want to do that, But the only think that would top that would be wife and.
Speaker 2: Kids could be depressed.
Speaker 9: Most people spend way more time with their coworkers than they do with their wife and sure, total time, yes, definitely.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: If you work like a nine to five and your kid gets home from school and then they go to bed at a decent hour, that's you're with your coworkers way more.
Speaker 6: However, most guys, most people don't stay twenty at a job like the three we've spent us.
Speaker 2: We've spent a lot of time together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and when we're not together, we're emailing and texting.
Speaker 4: You know, I am texting.
Speaker 8: All over it place.
Speaker 9: Most people don't get to make their own hours either. Yeah, we had a pretty friendly schedule. Yeah you do, Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Patrick in Chicago, Hi Patrick, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: And first time, long time calling on behalf of a hopeful twenty forty two Crappensburg State applicant should be a shoeing a newborn son at six pounds twelve ounces Brooks Thomas.
Speaker 2: Duty duty duty and how do you spell that? Patrick?
Speaker 7: Uh DEAs?
Speaker 1: And dog?
Speaker 7: Oh dea isn't dog? Why? This has been on my mind for a while. I'm actually boys with Seaton kind of what's up Seaton? And uh, when you drop double duty on Rassini in hour one, I just spell her to finally make my debut, yeah, Seaton.
Speaker 9: So yeah, this is my guy, Patrick Dan. I've told you before about how anytime we make a duty joke, I'm like, yeah, my buddy always texts me and it's like, dang, why are you guys killing me like that because you mentioned duty And it's often followed by uh, just roaring laughter. Okay, except for a young man in Chicago who's like, wow, that's my last name.
Speaker 2: And uh and the proud father of a newborn baby. So round of applause, congratulations Patrick, Yeah, Patrick Doody. And then we're going to come out with the the yule logs for the Crappensburg State Yule Logs and were doing that for the holidays.
Speaker 9: See yeah, sure I can think.
Speaker 2: So yeah how about that? All right, let me take a break the legendary New York sports.
Speaker 10: Why would we ever stopped this goliath of a show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike fran says, it joins us. Next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up Age seven to seven to three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handled The DPS show spent a lot of time talking about the baseball, certainly the Mets spirited bunch last night over the Phillies and then the Padres. Padres are right now in the World Series favorites according to DraftKings eight seven to seven to three DP show we bring in Mike Francesa, host of The Mike francessa podcast on the Bette Rivers Network on YouTube, former longtime co host of Mike and the Mad Dog on WFAM in New York. Mike, thanks for joining us. Did the New York Jets have a good day yesterday?
Speaker 11: No, Dan, good to talk to you. They didn't, I said, And I've been hot on Salah for a while for a couple of years. He was a terrible head coach, good defensive coordinator, one of those guys who's got a job for a long time. It could be the next Spagnola. He's a defensive coordinator. He's a good one. The defense is well prepared. He had not a clue how to be a head coach. He didn't understand what it meant, and he didn't do anything that you need to do to be a head coach. So but Hackett had to go. Their offense is it's nonexistent, and to have a quarterback like they have, and he has no easy throws, he has no open receivers, they have no concepts. They can't run it, they can't throw it down the field. And this is with a great player and with other top talent left tackle, running back, wide receiver, and they don't have concepts, they have no idea what they're doing, and they look abysmal doing it. And they are also so ill prepared, and nobody was held accountable. So the head coach had to go. But Hackett had to be out to do it with them. And I don't know if I don't know what role Rogers played in this. He and Sala obviously weren't getting wrong and that was easy to see. But Hackett cannot be protected here. He is not any good at his job. As a matter of fact, he's awful that he had to go to and I would have left the defensive coordinator where he was because I don't want to damage the defense, which is good, which is a little banged up and can get better if they get readick in somehow and get mostly healthy. The defense has been good, is not as good as it was last year at its zenith, but it's good. And the offense has just been deplorable. And you can see how frustrated Rodgers is with the whole thing. And he's going to get hurt too, because he's going on forty one and he's brittle and he's getting the heck knocked out of him, and they're blitzing him and it's being very effective against the guy you could never blitz in the past. So there's so much there but keeping Hacket and elevating the defensive coordinator, who might be a good head coach. I don't know, we'll see, but the point is he now has to learn a new role and he's going to impact the defense because now Sala's not there, who was good with it defense, and he's not in the same job. I would have brought in a new offensive coordinator, and I would have gotten somebody who would have taken that job. I don't know if it would have been Vrabel or Pete Carroll or who it might have been. I would have made those phone calls first and try to get somebody in here who would look at this as a great opportunity, which I think it could be if they had made the right moves. But Hackett being in the building it means it's still a disaster in my mind.
Speaker 2: But Mike, I don't know if it's an attractive job because of Aaron Rodgers, because he does have autonomy there, and how long is he going. Like if you said, hey, would you want the job you're Vrabel or Belichick, I'd be like, I'm going to wait until Aaron Rodgers is gone because I don't want to wait year to year and see what Aaron wants to do and is he going to be there and all in and how healthy and is he going on vacations and so it doesn't seem like an attractive job at least you know over the next couple of years.
Speaker 11: Very fair point. First of all, Belichick will go know where to the Jets he hates them, okay, so that we all know that that will never happen. He might be in Dallas, he might be in Philly, he might be in Jacksonville, He'll never be in New York with the he could be the Giants, he'll never be with the Jets. But I understand the point, and it's a good one. First of all, making a change in season is almost impossible. It's not your staff. You haven't had time to work with everybody, you haven't had time to prepare a philosophy. None of that makes sense changing a coach mid stream. I would have brought a Frank Reich in to run the offense, and then I would have tried to bring somebody in to run the team. But I would have sat Aaron Rodgers down and listen. I know there's a lot of excuses coming out, and I think sala is probably a part of that genesis of this stuff. He was going to take the job away from Hackett and give it to Downing. I don't know if that's true. He got fired because he wore a Lebanese decal on his sweatshirt. I doubt that very much. Okay, if we he didn't want him to wear that, he wouldn't have want it. I don't believe any of that stuff. He got fired because as a bad head coach and the team was falling apart. But they didn't do what they needed to do. They needed to get rid of him, and they needed to get rid of the offensive coordinator who is INECT and they didn't do that, and that's on Rogers. And I would have sat Rogers down there and I would have said this, listen, you like looking like you look the last two weeks. Look like a bum. You want to have that as your way of going out of the NFL. You want to get pounded until you can't walk. You want to throw three interceptions and a pick six. This is not who you are. Why do you want to be part of this. Let me bring somebody in and fix this with you. We'll sit down, we'll come up with a name, and we will fix this. But Hackett has to go. And that should have been what the owner said. The owners should have taken control. Salin never had control of Rogers. Rogers has been in control of the franchise since he got here, but he's not doing it right either. If he did, Hackett would have gone out the door.
Speaker 2: Also, don't we scrutinize Woody Johnson the way we do Jimmy Johnson or Jerry.
Speaker 11: Jones, because wood he is not we take because I'll give you exactly why, because we don't take what he seriously. We take Jerry seriously, and we know he screws up a lot of stuff, okay, and we take him seriously because he medals what he doesn't want to medal. He doesn't want to. He wants to be an owner and he wants to have cocktails with his buddies, and then he wants to run a Trump fundraiser and then go off and be an ambassador again. Remember what, he didn't hire Faler. That was a big part of this too. He didn't hire him. His brother did. That was a big part of this, and that's why he didn't feel any allegiance to him. I was surprised what he made this move in. I called for this last week. And I'm not saying he did it because because he did not doubt what he listens to me, what he and I don't get along. But the point is I didn't think Wood he had this in him to do this. But of course what he screwed it up like he's who's up everything football wise, because he didn't do it the right way. He did it halfway, and he did it the wrong way. Because I think this way. I don't think it can work.
Speaker 2: Talking to Mike Francessa, if you're looking at which franchise is in better shape, the Jets of the Giants, who would you say, uh, neither, you got to pick one? Which team you.
Speaker 11: Had to pick one? Right now? I'd pick the Jets because they have more talent. I'd pick the Jets because they have Aaron Rodgers. And if I can get Aaron Rodgers out of the way and just let him be the quarterback, this can work. They have talent, they have a Hall of Fame left tackle, they have offensive linemen who can play. The problem is they haven't been properly coached. They haven't been together long enough to understand the concept of how to block together. They are all new that it wasn't gonna work unless you had strong coaching. This is not a good coaching staff and it's not a good offensive room. And Hackett is in it. He shouldn't be there. Okay, he's only there because he's buddies with the star quarterback. That's not a reason to be there. And everybody in the league knows it. And here's what's the jokes on Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers looked at the head coach with complete contempt and disdain and is glad he's gone. But now the world is looking at Aaron Rodgers that way because he protected his buddy, and that's not going to work.
Speaker 2: If you gave the Jets a mulligan, would they bring in Aaron Rodgers again?
Speaker 11: No, I don't think they would. It's been too much trouble. I really don't think they would. I think they tried something I could understand how it could work. Listen, would he had a chance to make this right? Last summer? A lot of people, including me, screamed, get rid of the coach and clear down the staffs and get rid of Hacket and you can win and fix the offensive line. They fix the offensive line, and then the GM screwed up the Reddick thing and got rid of the wrong people on defense, so he weakened the defense. But the defense is still playing really well. The problem is, hey, Breeze Hall looked like a superstar last year. He doesn't even know which end is up right now, and he is so upset it's ridiculous. He's getting hit in the backfield every other play. The offensive line cannot run block. They have no concepts. Aaron Rodgers isn't missing open receivers. They have no open receivers. All they can run is quick passing. If they don't get rid of the ball and two point five, he's on his back. They have no running games, they have no concepts. They're running the wrong way. From a Hall of Fame quarterback. It is a joke what's going on right now, and it's not going to get fixed if hackets in the room.
Speaker 2: I love to hear your passion.
Speaker 11: It's just sickening to watch. But I never thought I was surprised what he fired Salah. I came out yesterday. I was playing golf. I got off the court. Of course, my wife said to me, they fired Salah. I said, get out of here. I said, they actually clean house. She goes, no, they only got rid of sala I said, of course.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. As always, Mike, you will danced all right, buddy. Mike francessa host of the Mike Francisca podcast on Bette Rivers Network on YouTube, longtime host Mike and the Mad Dog. That's what you hear in New York. That's what you used to hear with Mike and Chris and they were the voice of the fan. A couple of phone calls in here Kurt and Iowa. Good morning Kurt, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning Dan, Good morning boys. Hey Polly, this is your old direct TV hookup for the Winna Bay go years ago. Go with me on this. I have a little bit of a prediction for Aaron Rodgers. So the rest of the season goes a little better than the last last few weeks. Looks pretty good. Sam Donald takes the Vikings on at least a one win playoff journey. Donald to the Jets, Rogers to the Vikings, and his Brett Farve circle is complete.
Speaker 2: That is original. But I don't think that's going to happen. Thank you, Kurt. Good to talk to you again. Because remember, for everybody who says, oh Sam Donald and the Vikings, they drafted JJ McCarthy. Sam was brought in to be a backup quarterback to JJ. He was going to start a few games. But they thought so much of JJ McCarthy they drafted him. They drafted him high. Aaron is not going this is his last stop. I don't know how long much longer he's going to play, But no, I do not see him doing the Brett Farv you know where it's the Green Bay to the Jets, to the Vikings.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, I have another pie.
Speaker 6: Then Aaron Rodgers will play for another team in his career, oh the field, not a specific time, okay, but one more stop?
Speaker 2: Does anybody want a piece of that? We already have? The Jets will win a Super Bowl before appear in the Super Bowl before the Cowboys do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Todd, I can't believe I'm saying this because I don't know. I think Rogers will play for another team beyond the Jets. I can't picture what team that is, but I think he's got another team.
Speaker 2: Anybody think Aaron Rodgers? Who else thinks Aaron Rodgers plays for another team? Okay, I'm on an island? Well no, you're with Paulie. Oh god, no, well you might as well be on an island. We're gonna die past. Yes, yeah, Marvin, you want a piece of that that Aaron Rodgers plays for somebody else?
Speaker 5: You know I'm team Paulie too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, god, all right, I'll take the bet. You guys are soft.
Speaker 9: So which side of the vet do you have?
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers doesn't play for another team.
Speaker 9: I don't think he plays for another team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go all right. Yeah, so it's Seaton and I giving pies to Marvin, Paulie and Fritze. Right now, you're on team Paulie Ram. Okay, that's what comes with it.
Speaker 5: We're giving pies to you because we're winning.
Speaker 2: This Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Take that. Curtis in Illinois, Hi, Curtis, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Warner DP.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to point out that this thing just reeks of Aaron Rodgers having his fingerprints all over it, because it reminds me of his days in Green Bay when you had to have had some kind of hand in getting McCarthy fired mid season, and then you know, ultimately the Packers deciding to move on from him after giving him that opportunity. And it almost seems like the same thing here where if they're threatening getting rid of Hacket, his buddy, he said, it's either Hackett and I'm gone, or get rid of the head coach and let me run the show. And it's ultimately going to be on him, and I think he'll go down and flames this year.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, it's already getting warm, you know, the fire is starting to crackle a little bit there. But you know, going back to Green Bay, I don't care to. I just know that somebody in that organization said they were hoping Erin was going to leave a year earlier because they knew it. Just it's not what they wanted to do. That's not the direction they wanted to go in. And they had seen enough of Jordan Love that they were willing to take that chance. Not everybody knew he was going to be potentially a really good quarterback. I think they thought that he did have the potential, but everybody now looks at it. Go, man, Jordan Love is you know he's going to be a Hall of Famer. I don't think they knew that, but I think they knew enough that they were willing to take a chance to go in a different direction. And that should tell you everything you need to know. And Aaron going to the Jets. Look, you got paid, you got a chance. You got bringing your buddy as off. It's a coordinator. You get to bring in your buddies wide receiver like, okay, this is good. I get to hang out, go to the Ranger games. I get to go to the Yankee games. Everybody gets to see me on the jumbo tron. This is awesome. I'm I'm in the media capital of the world. Hey, how are you hey? And then all of a sudden you don't win or you get injured, and then all of a sudden you're not up on the jumbo tron anymore. Yes, Paul, you know what's.
Speaker 6: The sneaky undercovered storyline?
Speaker 10: Month one? Do you want to play?
Speaker 5: Guests?
Speaker 10: That's sneaky and.
Speaker 6: Jordan loved not playing great for the Packers. He's a fifty six percent passer with eight touchdowns and five picks in three games. I know I didn't play, but his all the numbers are way down from last year. It's only three games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but check his overall winning record, his winning percentage. I think he has a losing record.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's ten and eleven in his career with the Package.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a starting quarterback, and they're paying him fifty million dollars a year.
Speaker 6: Last year he did have thirty two touchdowns eleven picks, way high numbers.
Speaker 2: I know, it's just I keep saying this. I gotta see more before I invest in that kind of money. Seems like a great kid. When we met with him in Vegas. He looked great second half of the season. He was probably the best quarterback. You go to Dallas, you dominate there. You know you got a chance to get to the NFC title game. Like there was so much much momentum, but we get caught up in those moments or a half a season or maybe one season. If I'm giving that much money, I got to see a couple of I got to see consistency there. Because if I said to the Cardinals, you could have a do over with Kyler Murray, do you think they they would pay him that money when they paid it now? Maybe do you think the Eagles would have paid Jalen Hurts that money? Maybe Trevor Lawrence. Maybe the Bengals would have done that with Joe Burrow. The Chargers would have done that with Justin Herbert. But what I'm saying is I need to see a little bit more. The sample size has got to be more than eighteen games. It just does for me to spend that kind of money, or I do it a year early. I can't do that. I know the Bills did that with Josh Allen. Josh Allen is different. You know they ended up getting a bargain with Josh Allen, the Chiefs, you know, with Patrick Maholmes. They ended up getting a bargain with him. But that's why, you know, when these quarterbacks come up, I just need I need to see a larger sample size. All right, when we come back, update the poll results, and we play the popular game sweeping the countryside. In or out? Are you in or are you out? On these topics coming on?
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: If you're fans of Only Murders in the building. A couple of nice cameos the latest episode. A lot of fun, getting wild, but it's good. And my lookalike, my doppelganger Steve Martin is he and Martin short? Great great team, great combo, a lot of fun. All righty, update to pull results there, seat, and then we're gonna play Are you in or are you out? You can't be both. It's in or out.
Speaker 9: Those two guys, by the way, one of the greatest comebacks career wise in recent memory. Yeah, neither one of them was really doing anything for at least it seemed like for a very very long time, and then they came back with a.
Speaker 2: Smash with a vengeance. Oh yeah. I don't know if Steve Martin was choosing to do things, but Martin Short certainly a big comeback for him. But those two together dialogue is wonderful. Yes, Paul Martin Short.
Speaker 6: He had the recurring role on The Morning Show, right, the skivie.
Speaker 10: Producer, old producer.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was a good one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's coming back a new season with Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. What else is coming back? The Lincoln Lawyer is another one that I enjoy. I think the new season of that is coming back as well. I saw the movie, is it not? No, it's it's different. The star you probably haven't ever heard of before, but he's very good. And then the woman who plays his ex.
Speaker 3: Wife, Nev Campbell.
Speaker 2: Nev Campbell, Nev Campbell good pull. Yes, Nev Campbell was there as well. All right, see what else do you have?
Speaker 9: Let's see Aaron Rodgers makes the Jets job more attractive or less attractive? Mm hmm, well right now, eighty percent of the audience say less attractive.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, because you're going to start next season. Is he going to play after next season? Is it going to be all in? Do you have to entice him? Hey, I'm not coming back unless there's changes. I'm like, no, no, no, we're not going to do that. All right, time to play in or out? Pollie, would you explain the rules for the audience.
Speaker 10: It's complex. If you're driving, pull over.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, let me let me process this.
Speaker 6: I'm going to put out a statement concept thought and you either say I'm in on that or I'm out, and you have to say.
Speaker 7: It like that.
Speaker 2: I'm in on that, I'm out.
Speaker 10: Perfect and nailed it. Well you're an actor.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. Oh, by the way, I got my script for Happy Gilmore Too. I got my script yesterday, so I have I think a couple of scenes and Happy Gilmore Too. Was invited to go on set at any point or because I'm shooting my scenes here, they said, if you'd like to go see sand Man and some of the people on site, but I'm going to shoot my scenes here. You're in on having Medison in I'm in on Happy Gilmore, Yes, but I'm not going to go out in New Jersey with a shooting. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: Robert Sala well end up getting a bit of a Hall pass, and the blame will be pinned on owner Woody Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: In or out, I'm out. He's going to get blamed. He'll get more blame. I don't think he was ever. I don't think he was a head coach. He's he's that classic. Hey, your defensive coordinator, you should be a head coach. Not everybody. Now, he was good for the media. I just don't think he was a good head coach. So I'm out on that. Anybody in on Robert Sala not getting the blame getting a Hall pass?
Speaker 10: Outers?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: If I were a prime head coaching candidate, I wouldn't be hesitant at all with becoming the Jets head coach.
Speaker 2: I'm out on that. I would not be interested in that job. Is anybody in on the Jets head coaching position?
Speaker 5: I'm in. That's a good team, that talented team.
Speaker 2: Okay, good luck, here we go.
Speaker 9: If they're as talented as we as people believe they are, what's the problem.
Speaker 6: I love your thought process.
Speaker 2: This is really the Todd Fritz rule. So Todd doesn't explain anythingoration. No, No, it's in or out.
Speaker 9: I mean you remember when they had they asked Justin Jefferson. They were like, hey, what, uh you know, did you see the way like whatever team they handled Garrett Wilson last week? Did you learn anything from that? And he was like, uh, with all due respect, I'm not Garrot Wilson.
Speaker 10: So you're an outer.
Speaker 9: I'm very much an outer.
Speaker 2: All right, Right here we go.
Speaker 3: This New York Mets team is likable.
Speaker 9: Out.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm gonna throw my I'm kind of in.
Speaker 2: You can't be kind of in, Okay, I mean my game, I'm gonna I'm gonna save a begrudging out like I love the game last night, you know, but I don't. You're audy'n. I'm an Audi, Yes, a four door AUTI okay.
Speaker 6: Next up, the twelve team college football Playoff is actually making the regular season more interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in. You know I said that from the beginning. We're gonna care more because now you're not out of the postseason. Oh, yes see, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Okay in November is gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's saying that.
Speaker 3: A army Navy.
Speaker 6: Utah, the Utah Hockey Club that their official name should stick with that name forever.
Speaker 2: I'm in, I'm in. I watched last night early lead, held on Yeah, one of the books.
Speaker 6: Just you know, we're not out of in or outs. I have two more left home.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, let's wait until next hour.
Speaker 10: I'll keep them all right.
Speaker 2: Two hours in the books, one more go, the Minister of Humor, Seaton Mark Paully, yours truly in the back room, guys here Dan Patrick Show.