Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and He Armstrong and Ga Getty Strong and.
Speaker 3: Not Live from Studio c Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: We're off for taking a break.
Speaker 3: And as long as we're off, perhaps you'd like to catch up on podcasts. Subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand or One More Thing.
Speaker 2: We think you'll enjoy it, sir, A couple of quick things before I get to a couple of stories. HEYMI wow. See that's one of the.
Speaker 3: Things about the One More Thing podcasts. Sometimes there are swears, although now Hanson has to label it sweet doesn't fund it on the air uncensored.
Speaker 2: First one of twenty twenty five, The Best.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that was childish and I regret it. It was very childish. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Tell you what your inner child leaves town, you're screwed. I keep mine the healthy.
Speaker 5: It reminds me. We so one of the fun things. We did it cousin Christmas. We call it where everybody gets together, my brothers, their families, kids, cousins, grandma and grandpa. Everybody were there. We did a hot sauce competition. Oh, based on the what's that TV show?
Speaker 2: Hot Ones? Hot Ones?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you can buy the home version of Hot Ones and we watch Have you.
Speaker 2: Ever watched Hot Ones, Joe? I have not. It's pretty entertaining.
Speaker 5: Watched the Shack episode if you don't watch anything else, because this is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They have celebrities on there and then the interview them while they try increasingly hot hot sauce with chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shack, that is stupid. That sounds really entertaining.
Speaker 5: Oh, I haven't seen Conan's ConA is great. Shack is hilarious. Guzzle and milk. They have milk there to drink in. I mean, like crazy career. I don't like spicy stuff, so I don't get any joy out of it. I didn't even participate, but everybody else did. Most everybody else did. It was pretty funny, including my my, my thirteen year old Henry.
Speaker 2: He did the hottest one, the two million, whatever that number is.
Speaker 5: They got a scale right, and it was the hottest one that they had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, candle power. Anyway, he was just he ran into the bathroom.
Speaker 5: We just heard him in there and he yelled God, Oh, that got big laughs out of everyone.
Speaker 2: Boy, it must be a guy thing.
Speaker 6: My husband we bought that hot ones thing and he did it with one of his friends and he completed it. He walked around like he just hulk smashed a building like he was like, yeah, it was like the biggest testosterone boost I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: I guess it is a certain can you take it? Thing?
Speaker 5: Because my brother the you know, served in a rack several times. Guy really likes taking on the hot sauce.
Speaker 2: Wow, how interesting? What was I leading up to? Oh?
Speaker 5: These couple of things I came across, I don't know, they don't fit in. I'll do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: You know, I walk around with crippling joint pain all the time. So I'm good, Frankly, you burn your mouth with hot sauce. I'm good over here. I got my thing, you got you. It's always don't see the appeal.
Speaker 5: It's always seemed a little bit to me, like I'll take these players and pinch you really hard? Is it here? How about I pinch you here really hard?
Speaker 3: Can hold their hand over a burner, though, although you're not going to give yourself third degree burns obviously with hot sauce.
Speaker 5: So the Hot Sauce game thing came with a stack of cards and questions on them, and the way you're supposed to play the game is you can either answer the question or eat the hot sauce, and the questions are like embarrassing or revealing. So it's kind of a.
Speaker 2: You know, thirteen year old.
Speaker 5: Now we've reached it worked up to the really hot hot sauce, and here's the question. The questions were way too filthy and dirty. My son chose poorly. I should have looked at the box before we bought it at Target. I was looking through it. I mean, just like this is for early twenty something drunk people sitting around. I mean, you know, what was your worst one night stand? And just you know, just stuff like that, a lot of them. But I dug out for parenting. I dug out a bunch of the questions that were okay for the family and parenting, and then we did those and we didn't end up doing them. For the hot saucing. We just tried the hot sauce on chips. But this was just conversation starters. I just needed something we got. We're all sitting around and after like the initial I don't know I anybody else has I've ever had this happen before. But you get all the family together and everything like that, and there's a big burst of energy. Then that kind of a bit of a lull happens, and now we got to come up with something we gotta well, first of you, of all, you go out to eat like nine times, but when you can't constantly go out to eat, so.
Speaker 2: He so many cookies. I am now a cookie addict. Oh lord.
Speaker 5: But so I dug out some of the questions and what was the one I was going to do before I get to the final one? Oh, this is a pretty decent one. It was kind of interesting because I'm there as a parent with my kids, and then my parents were there with their kids and grandkids, and the question was what trait would you least like to pass down to your kids? Oh that's heavy, Yeah, but I thought it was damned interesting. Again with the family relations there. It was interesting me because my dad said patience. I wish, I wish I had more patience.
Speaker 2: I don't have much patience. I never have, Yeah, And I don't like that, and I wouldn't want to pass that along, and I.
Speaker 5: Thought, huh, I've kind of got that patience. I've got different things that bothered me more than that. But like my son really has no patience. So and I have no idea if that's a genetic thing or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of it is. What would your answer be, Oh my god, mine.
Speaker 2: That might be it.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah it would be something like that. Yeah, just patience, ability to look, you can make your point later. I'm thinking back to you know, I was a young parent and it ran a little hot, and there were times it took me a while to learn. Look, you can't make the point tonight with your angry, misbehaving kid. Just plant the seed, throw a little fertilizer on it, and just leave it alone. And don't you know, don't try to close the deal with a kid who's freaking out or whatever.
Speaker 2: Just let it rest. Something like that.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know how it'd phrased it exactly. Give me a minute, I could probably come up with it.
Speaker 5: But it was interesting to have, you know, hear my dad say it with me there, and then I've got one from my mind. Was procrastination. I just I don't I wouldn't want to pass that on to my kids, and I had to one of them, but not the other one.
Speaker 2: So that's cool, Katie.
Speaker 5: Since you're planning to have a family, what trade of yours would you not like to pass along?
Speaker 6: I would say my anxiety or my lack of ability to identify what's in my control, Like I tend to worry about things that I can't do anything about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was going to bring that up on the air.
Speaker 5: That was interesting with a very big group of people, and like the weather conditions getting worse, there the different levels of being worried about it, given that the result is going to be the same either way, the person that worries zero about it or the person that is and I'm not going to mention any names, infinitely worried about it, like to a really high point, the result will be the same way, the same either way, which is.
Speaker 3: Really interesting about worry and the challenge in front of you will be the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not to be too much of a downeror is like my son who's got a variety of issues. He said, I don't want to pass along my OCD, which was hard.
Speaker 2: Michael. Anything you don't want to pass along to your.
Speaker 7: Cats, maybe jealousy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you get jealous of others a little bit, oh, a little bit envious. Interesting, that's a good one, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Oh, speaking of cats, Michael, for what it's worth, our daughter brought her cats with her and they have been were in my home.
Speaker 2: For gosh, when does she get here? I know there's an s on there, is it? Two or fifteen? Two? Two cats brothers, very very cute little fellas. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I'm at least provisionally I'm not on team cat like versus dog. But I had a lot of fun with the cats, really enjoyed their company fellas.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then so one more card and this will be the the end of the One More Thing podcast for today, the question was have you ever shoplifted? And there are only two people that had in our group.
Speaker 2: I never have.
Speaker 5: Uh, maybe we answered some questions here, Michael, have you ever shoplifted?
Speaker 2: No, Katie, No on accident, but no on accident. Yeah, I walked out of it.
Speaker 6: I walked out of a target with a parasun glasses on my head and h when I got home realized it drove back, returned.
Speaker 2: I got a crazy lost cabsent mindedness. Yes. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: As a kid, I fell under the sway of some older boys who were not a good influence at all.
Speaker 2: I was probably eight years old, I might have been nine something like.
Speaker 3: That, and there's some of the neighborhood boys and they kind of adopted me and that's what they're doing, and I'm like, all right. It was a good learning experience, though it honestly was because the uh, because we got pusted because we were stupid kids, and the uh whatever you call the security guy at the start prevention Uh, yeah, exactly, that's.
Speaker 2: The term I was looking for, chewed us out.
Speaker 3: I mean like really till there were tears and then mom and dad came and it was like, oh And at that young age, I hadn't fully appreciated that I am a extension of my parents and my siblings and my family. And we have a joke I probably shouldn't do the accent we do it in but as our kids embark on something, they will say to each other, we will say to them, bring pot pride to family.
Speaker 2: And it helped me really appreciate that. Yeah, that's a good one. It's a good thing.
Speaker 5: It didn't happen in you know, modern California up until a month ago, and that nobody would have busted you, you know, just.
Speaker 3: All right, could have yeah, built a career as a criminal, probably a very successful career.
Speaker 2: So one more thought on the hot sauce thing.
Speaker 3: While I do not find any joy in seeing who can endure the most pain to their nerve endings in their mouth, the idea of trying to maintain your cool and like speak coherently while.
Speaker 2: You are dealing with the hot sauce that is very funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's why. Yes, that's why that show is funny. Google the Shack episode, watch it. So on the did you shoplift? Two people in the group of everybody said yes. My one niece said yes, and we're all shocked, and and she said yeah, she kind of does it for fun. And I have a friend who, like super successful it's very smart person who went through a big shoplifting phase in their twenties and it was just the thrill of it.
Speaker 2: That wasn't stuff they needed or anything. They got like a.
Speaker 5: Thrill out of it. It's like people who lie for the thrill of it or whatever. So I've never had that. But then my dad shockingly said I did once. I did once, and it was like, for some reason, my dad, now that he's eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Tell stories that he's never told ever in his life. And I don't know if he didn't think we could handle it or what, but he tells stories now that we're like my brothers and I are always like where why were you holding on to this your whole life?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I had that experience with my eighty four year old dad this past summer. He was in the Air Force the Vietnam War and he got out in the early seventies, and he explained because he'd quote unquote explained why to me earlier in my life, but he'd left out like a lot of it, which was he was fully cognizant of how dishonest the Department of Defense and the White House were being about the war and he hated it.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's interesting. And he'd never uttered a word of that to me. That is interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So my dad says, I did once, and we're all like what because my dad is super honest, law and order guy, which I really appreciate. And he said, yeah, I was in the army and I was working KP in the kitchen and I stole something out of the kitchen and took it back to my room, and I felt so guilty about it. The next day I never stole anything again. We said, what did you take? Hey, here it comes a gallon jar of olives.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the great pleasures.
Speaker 5: What the frigg are you gonna do with a gallon of olives? You're one thing you steal in your whole life.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sit back and enjoy those. What you're gonna olives a long day in the kitchen. You're gonna pomp a little olive. Oh my god, I guess that's part of the hole.
Speaker 3: You grow up without electricity or indoor plumbing thing, you know, the joy of an olive may have been.
Speaker 2: Pretty exciting for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, wait, when I read Tom Sawyer to the kids, they are like, why are they getting so excited about an apple?
Speaker 2: Well, they didn't have apple. I guess that's some one. It was from my dad. A jar of olives stolen Army olives.
Speaker 5: The guy that was with him stole a half gallon of ice cream and stuck it under his shirt. I'm on the way back to the barracks. They got stopped and had to stand in the hot sun for a while, and that ice cream started to melt and he became one big wet stain of ice cream.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't ask for my dad must have stashed the gallon jar of olives, because that's not easy alight.
Speaker 2: Either, Oh of all, I don't think.
Speaker 5: No, surely you can't suitcase of gallon jar of olives.
Speaker 2: Not with that attitude. You can't.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see what I put up with the Armstrong and Getty show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more Jack, your show podcasts and our hot links see Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 5: So when we go driving around, me and the kids, like we are going out to eat, and we take turns on who has ox, which is a term teenagers use.
Speaker 2: That's that's who has access to the music. I get OX.
Speaker 5: It comes from auxiliary A the auxiliary play even though nobody uses that anymore. It's all bluetooth. But I get OX. Now, you had OX last time? Is the way he and his okay, high school friends talk if you want to sound him. But anyway, my oldest son had AUX on the way back from the restaurant, and so he plays his stuff. I say, okay, here we go with the cop killer rap and the helas give him crap? Where's the melody? With his various songs, but Kendrick Lamar Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe we were listening to on the way home featuring Good Kid and m Aa D City Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe by Kendrick Lamar. I just my question was going to be to you, have you ever read anything or do you have any theories on how musical taste develops, why some people like certain stuff and other people like different stuff.
Speaker 2: I got two kids, grew up in exactly the same household. Uh.
Speaker 5: The younger one basically likes the same music as meant to. He likes classic rock. He wants to listen to Eagles and Leonard Skinnard and Bachman Turner, Overdrive and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: He's thirteen.
Speaker 5: His older brother is all Kendrick Lamar and Ken Carson and Cardi card Be or would Cardinal different Cardi, Playboy Cardi Playboy Cardi and that sort of stuff? And do you have any do you know why you'd made up all of those names? I would still be sitting here with the same look on my face.
Speaker 3: I know, no, do you have any idea how people come to their tastes. Oh, but like with food, don't you kind of assume to a certain extent they perceive it differently, Like yes, the flavorless upbringing. I mean, it can't be a coincidence that billions of Indian kids like Indian food, right, But okay, well that on My two kids grew up in the same house with the same exposure.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I don't even know how I found this stuff, wouldn't me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have any idea. That reminds me I came across the woman who has my dream job. I mean, it makes this job look like digging ditches, which I've also done. Talk about that litle bit later on.
Speaker 2: You have a theory there, Katie. I'm just wondering if it has to do with his friends your friend group.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, maybe that's formative years of forming musical taste, which is probably typically between eight and fifteen.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's ninety percent of it. Your friend group. What is going to make you more popular with the people you want to be popular with?
Speaker 2: Pushes you that direction part of it, Like, I don't even know why my musical tastes are what they are.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell Jack Armstrong and Joey The Armstrong and Getty Show, The arm Strong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 5: What dude, Yeah, you know, I've got a pretty good immune system for stuff like normal diseases that go around.
Speaker 2: I usually don't get them. What would it be like if I ate better? I might be impenetrable. Oh you could be.
Speaker 3: But you're you're just at the tail end of raising little kids. Now you have teenagers, so you have been enrolled in the marine boot camp of immune systems raising children. So I've got a number of people in my orbit who take nothing when they get a cold. They don't They believe it's all bs, and they don't take anything. I take a few things. Do you take anything?
Speaker 2: Do you think anything works? Katie's nodding her head. We'll start with you. I take theraflu. You take theraflu. I have found that to work.
Speaker 5: I don't care if it's placebia, if I suffer from PLACBIA, doesn't matter of me.
Speaker 2: As long as I feel better. I don't need anybody told me it doesn't actually do. I don't care. I feel better.
Speaker 3: Do you take anything like tile and all or I view profen at one point, I was down with the zinc. Yeah, but I couldn't figure out what form, and I just kind of remember when nobody got a cold during COVID. Yeah, I've fallen out of I don't remember what to do anymore.
Speaker 5: I got a bottle of uh it's you know something or other they say take when a cold first you first start to get the symptoms of a cold, and it's zinc.
Speaker 3: And a couple of other things. And I don't know if they do anything, but I feel like if I take that, if I do get the cold, it's much milder.
Speaker 2: Again, might be in my head, I don't care. I also use zycam, yeah, which is awesome. I've heard people recommend sinuses and stuff. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tend not to trust my own experience because the data set isn't big enough.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I have no information that there's anything wrong with taking that stuff, and what the hell it worst is harmless.
Speaker 2: But you're not a take nothing guy or no, I am, pretty.
Speaker 3: Much, although I'm thinking now that you mentioned it, maybe I'll take some tile and all or something. I actually my symptoms aren't that bad other than just overwhelming fatigue at this point.
Speaker 2: Now do you guys take niq will and that's what I do, and then I go to sleep afraid of it. You're afraid of nighttime niquil. Yeah, well, with our hours, I don't.
Speaker 6: If I wake up groggy or oversleep, that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: Alcoholics are not supposed to take nicol because it's basically taken a shot outcohol.
Speaker 2: Help you sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't for the reason Katie cided. I just it's hard enough to get up in the morning and be semi sharp.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Listeners of the first hour of the radio show saying that's very sharp.
Speaker 5: Well, one thing with giving your kids stuff, you kind of have a better gauge of whether it's actually doing anything or not, especially when they're little.
Speaker 2: They're too young to like and uh, most stuff I don't think does much. All right, Oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Remember when that one thing that was ubiquitous on the still it drug store shelves of America. It's still in every freaking drug I buy, Every cold medicine you buy still has that fenel en run or whatever it's called in it, and the government announced it does nothing.
Speaker 2: We're completely different.
Speaker 3: The FDA said it does zero zero it's a nothing and it's an ivery cold medicine.
Speaker 2: Still you're wasting your time on the fenyl hellamelo mellow till. Why this fella hell of it elen in here? Well? How do you say it? Katie? You're looking at it? But so it's on years. What are you looking at right there? This is DayQuil.
Speaker 6: When I had this flu last time around, I took everything under the sun that I could get my hands on because I was trying to get rid of that crap.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, it's in here too.
Speaker 5: Every cold medicine in every aisle of every store that sells cold medicine has drugs full of that, and the government announced it doesn't do anything. I just think that's weird, just counting on that people don't know.
Speaker 3: It's because it's funny to say, oh yeah, yeah, well the percentage of people you know. Honestly, we've posed this question in many contexts in recent days and through the years, what percentage of Americans?
Speaker 2: One of us will ask the other do you think knows that story or anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in this case, what percentage do you think could tell you? Oh, yeah, fenel elephant here is Uh? It was worthless. I remember that new story be a very very small number.
Speaker 2: I suppose you're right. Okay, this says Feda left freen fenel la freen. That's why you fat?
Speaker 3: Okay, fennel left fren fenelefrine, I like your guys, is better elephant?
Speaker 2: Well, since it doesn't do anything, I'll call it whatever I want to call it. It's a bunch of wow guy, use leeches, hilarious. What you got too much blood in your body is your problem?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You got to bleed your feet. You don't have the uh stomach to actually slice open your own feet? Isn't that what killed George Washington?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it hastened his death certainly. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm a bit of a history freak and a bit of a medical history hobbyist and a great admirer of George Washington. That was I listened with wrapped attention and like committed it all the memory there in his bedroom where he died, as you're there by his bedside, probably a recreation. But and they explained that, yeah, he had what did they think he had? I can't remember the disease. I didn't memorize it that effectively. Obviously, but the doctors in he probably did not have aids uh. He was an honorable and elderly man. Anyway that the doctors in treating him for what was probably whatever the hell just kept saying, yeah, we got to bleed the feet and let out the bad humors. And he'd like grally a little bit, and they'd think, yeah, we probably ought to bleed his feet more. What if you don't have enough red blood cells?
Speaker 2: Anemia?
Speaker 6: He protty much and it was all that for a throat infection, is what the interwebs see.
Speaker 2: Got too much blood is your problem?
Speaker 3: Yeah, structococcal infection or something. He should have taken some phenahell element a little bit.
Speaker 2: And what's your story?
Speaker 6: Michael.
Speaker 7: My wife has looked in the closet and says, I need to throw away all my old clothes basically because of fashion or size. I don't wear them and it's just taking up space. But yeah, do I I guess the question that I have is, for example, we have some old towels. She wants to change out the towels. But I've told her, hey, just wash them, we can give them away to goodwill or something like that. She wants me to throw them away and how often do you change out towels?
Speaker 2: For example? I mean, do you guys change them out every rid of them?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean do you change them out every six months? No?
Speaker 3: When we're ashamed of them, that's when you get rid of There's nothing wrong, you're embarrassed for people to look at them.
Speaker 5: I realize my lifestyle is not like most people's, but I don't know that I ever have in my life other than like they just get lost or something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I like you, Jack, I just keep the same towels and keep reshing them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never kept thirty years. I've never kept a towel long enough to wear it out. I don't think can it?
Speaker 2: How do you lose them like a bath towel? What happens to them? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have the same towels I don't have. Well, I don't have the same towels I had when I was twenty five. But I never act, That's what I'm asked. What I'm wondering too, I've never actively gotten rid of them. You know what I do a lot, and this is not good is I've moved a lot in my life. I'm bad at unpacking I'm doing this right now in my house. I have an unpacked since my last move. Like I bought some new a new screwdriver last night at the store because I don't know where my screwdriver is from the move, so I probably do that.
Speaker 5: I got boxes of old towels. I've never opened the boxes, so I had to get new towels. That's probably what I do.
Speaker 3: But no, I have never thought, does your wife do this because she wants a different look, like a different color, or is it because she thinks they're worn out.
Speaker 2: She thinks they're worn out, well, then get new towels. But what's what I'm trying to save money? And so what's a worn out tiles? What is a worn out towel? It looks kind of threadbare and just blah, doesn't that nice anymore? Unraveling? Okay, I don't. I just figure if it washes my body and I'm happy with that, I wash them and that's it. You wash yourself with your towel, well, you know, when you dry yourself with the towel. But there you go. As far as saving money, though, I just I just I don't want her to keep buying new stuff. And it's just well, this sounds like a thing between you and your wife. But wow, yeah, I'm not wait to get involved it. No, I have opinions, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea away.
Speaker 5: And although I buy high quality towels so they would last practically forever, I'm one of the few things and I've always been willing to spurge on.
Speaker 2: I love the feel of a good, high quality towel. Huh. Yeah.
Speaker 7: She wants me to throw them away, not give them away. She says, you can't give those two goodwill And I said, why not, They're perfectly fine, and she says, no, no, we've been using them.
Speaker 2: And I say, well, just wash them.
Speaker 3: You know, I would say, bring them to said charity or a charity of your choice, and if they want them, they'll take them.
Speaker 2: If they don't, they will heave them. Go ahead.
Speaker 6: Can you I've got comments, but no, I'm just I mean, how bad of shape are they in, Michael?
Speaker 2: Can you read the newspaper through them?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: No, they're in good shape. So and I do not want to weigh in this on this at all.
Speaker 5: I'm only asking a lady wants new towels, all right, Katie, I'm only the lady or tells I'm only asking for information purposes, so she doesn't want to give him away because she doesn't think it's cool to give somebody a used towel. Correct, okay, well, okay, by definition, I mean goodwill stuff tends to go to people that are pretty down and out usually, and I think they'd rather have a used tale of a no towel.
Speaker 2: But you can always do jatam.
Speaker 6: I was sorry to like the SPCA or something for the animals.
Speaker 2: Dogs don't use towels. I've watched dogs over and over. They just shake.
Speaker 3: I wish they would. Um boy does bashirt like if we walk him in the rain, boyd does. He liked to get toweled off, so it's a win win. He's not resistant to it because it feels really it's.
Speaker 5: A race between getting the towel on the dog and them shaking. And they're standing in the doorway or something.
Speaker 2: Like that and they shake.
Speaker 3: You got hair and splacker everywhere. Oh yeah, pro tip towels in the garage. You gotta be prepped, you gotta be ready.
Speaker 2: Uh where were we?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, let the free market function, misses Mike line. If somebody wants to buy the towels, let them. That is a coming together of a need and a fulfillment of that need.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm a guy who buys used shoes off of eBay and stuff like that. So I mean, I think a shoes way grosser than a towel.
Speaker 2: He can wash a towel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whenever my parents go through a towel or whatever, my dad cuts it in half and uses them for the gym.
Speaker 5: That's a good idea. Or use it just for like cleaning my car, washing my car, d something like that. Yeah, that is I've done that with towels before. That's true.
Speaker 2: I have done that.
Speaker 3: They move from the drying my body to the drawing my motorcycle. Yeah sure, yeah to the garage. Yeah there you go, win win Michael out to the garage.
Speaker 2: Huh Hey, thanks guys. So I'm not throwing them away. That's that's the bottom line. I'm not gonna throw this.
Speaker 6: You're willing to die on that hill? Yes, yes, I am in a couple more years out of them. Michael Tonight on THHC Towel Hoarders TLC is now it's THHC is pot. That's y never mind we'll to.
Speaker 2: TLC is fine.
Speaker 5: We don't want this to move to a Judge Judy situation where you got Michael and his wife yelling at each other.
Speaker 2: She wants to throw away the towels. They're disgusting.
Speaker 7: She says, no, but as far as close go, do you when you give away clothes do you worry about fashion at all?
Speaker 2: We're giving them away, yeah, you know, donate them to like goodwill or.
Speaker 6: Like somebody's going to go shopping and go, wow, what dick donated this?
Speaker 2: Right right?
Speaker 3: This shirt sucks. I'm going to figure out who donated this mocking and there on. That's what I say.
Speaker 2: You know, well, thanks for your guys. I'm not throwing away those towels.
Speaker 1: Understand, Jack Armstrong and Joe, The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Geddy Show.
Speaker 6: Anyway, back to Keith, this is this is just a silly story that I had actually forgotten about until this conversation came up. One of my top favorite bosses of all time, and I think you know him, Paul Hawsley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, what a good dude. I love him.
Speaker 6: So I get off the air in San Francisco and he comes into the into the studio and he goes, hey, Katie, I need to talk to you in my office for a second. And he is stone serious, and I'm thinking, oh boy, what did I say, what did I do?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 6: So I go into his office and he sits me down and he goes, so, what is going on with your car?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly my reaction. I'm like, what what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Bout you get out of your car like a dude and it's just weird. Yes, it's yeah, that was it.
Speaker 6: And he goes, you're the pictures on your car and I'm like, the pictures on my car? The only thing I have on my car is a blink one eighty two sticker on my window. And he goes, okay, let's let's go to the garage.
Speaker 2: So and the license plate. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So we walk down to the garage and we go to the back of my car, which is parked right next to the elevator, and at this time it shows so this is like ten thirty in the morning, Okay, all over the back of my car, below the windshield or below the windshield so I couldn't see it, are Triple X porn photos ripped out of the magazine oh like like oh taped on their taped to.
Speaker 8: The back of my car, like and is and we know what sex is play. I mean, oh boy, bleeps it Hanson.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: It went all the way up to just about as triple x as you can get.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 2: Mortified. I looked a him.
Speaker 6: I like, Paul, I have keep in mind, my drive to San Francisco was about thirty five minutes. So I drove from home over the bridge into San Francisco with this on the back of my car.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 6: So I go into my text messages because I hadn't checked him. People used to text message me at ungodly hours, and I see a text from one of my friends that says, hope you have a good work morning. And I knew I from this the second I saw it and went this, dick, it was him. He came home, he walked to my house and he taped these things to the back of my car. So Paul and I had a little bit of a laugh about it. We go back up into his office and Paul goes, hey, let's call your friend. I'm like, okay, So I call him. I call him and I start, you know, fake crying. I'm like, Ryan, dude, my boss, really, my boss would like to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Really. Oh my god, this is the appropriate vengeance. This is uncomfortable, this is justice.
Speaker 6: So Paul has him on speaker phone and he goes, Hi, Ryan, this is this is Katie's program director here in San Francisco, and I just wanted to discuss the images that you put on the back of her car. We actually have security from the building here as well. And you could hear Ryan going no, no, no, and then Paul start busting up laughing.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that that's pretty good. The reason this.
Speaker 6: Story came up is because we were talking about the weirdest reasons we've ever been called into our boss's office, and my brain went, oh, my god, that happened.
Speaker 2: Oh that is that is a good way to get back at somebody. Though. That's good. God, Oh it was mortifying.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you are doing this job and you get called into the boss's office and you're not fast forwarding through everything you said in your head, you're not doing the job right.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: It's it was a short walk to Paul's office. But I'm going, Okay, what did I I did this news story a comment? I'm like, I had no idea at all.
Speaker 2: Wed go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, we've like had serious stressful issues with people, completely freaked out and pissed off some of them performatively about things we've said.
Speaker 2: And I'd say two of the three I never saw coming.
Speaker 5: No, I was gonna say, every time I've gotten in trouble for saying something, it's like something I didn't even remember. I say edgy things sometimes and they go, oh boy, that might get me in trouble.
Speaker 2: That's not the one.
Speaker 5: It's the thing I didn't even think of for some reason that usually ends up with the TV cameras outside the radio station, and then there.
Speaker 3: Is I need to come up with a name for it. It's like my white whale. It's the one thing I said once that I thought, that's it.
Speaker 2: I've ended my career. I shouldn't have said that. Whoops, And I was. I was.
Speaker 3: I was virtually certain it would be devastating and thing ever came of it. And you can ply me with booze. You can put me on the rack, give my boy, you can, or a handy or the other thing. Well, the other thing might get me.
Speaker 2: I don't know, try it. But I gotta go to church. I need to get to go to.
Speaker 3: Church and have my ears washed out. And I will never admit it. I will never repeat it. It will not be repeated.
Speaker 5: Had one time we angered the Asians, and every TV station sent their Asian girl reporter to the radio.
Speaker 2: Station to and that was the funny part of it. And we've seen that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: If you say something insensitive about like affirmative action for black people or something like that, all of a sudden you find out every station in town happens to have a black reporter too. Wow, when they're reporting on this story, it's hilarious once you become aware of it.
Speaker 2: It's it's like one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Italian Americans are angered at the cancelation of the parade.
Speaker 2: We go to Luigi Praconi for a report. Come on.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show and more Jack or Joe podcasts, and our hot links
Speaker 2: And Army dot com.