Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Stanebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. With us is Bloomberg News Markets Live strategist Tatiana Dare with today's stock movers. Say, Tatiana, what's on your radar?
Speaker 3: Let's start with Intel, because what a sharp turnaround? What is sharp reversal for this stock? For what really was a blowout report? Right, earnings double the forecast, guidance above expectations, sales for the AI data center segment surging sixty percent, all around good news, CEO saying demand for CPOs is taking off. Well, the investors are not really rewarding that, and you have to ask, you serve why And then you sort of zoom out the chart and you see that the shares price has absolutely gone parabolical this year, right, and that set expectations very very high, obviously, and we looked among other AI giants. It's valuation, it's actually the highest among some of the big AI players, and forward ps have doone more than one hundred percent, or rather more than one hundred just last month. So that just tells you how hard the earnings bar for this company is and why explosive price gains can be problematic. Yeah, I mean, it's an unbelievable story in terms of Intel, right, and we continue to keep an eye on it. All Right, So there's Intel. Let's go to another tech name that we talk about a lot, Oracle tickers o RCL Oracle shares down three percent. They're also on good news. The company got a ten year software deal with the Pentagon. The contract valued at over three billion for the first five years. Over seven of options are exercise. And this is a company that can certainly use some good news given its ep under document down here and this week. Yeah, and thirty eight there just year to date and heavily underperforming, you know, the Magnificent seven and the market. But it looks like this Doctors got dragged into this broader tech route and the fact that it is actually underperforming the Magnificent seven today and the software baskets which are all higher slightly tells you that this is all about the health of those balance sheets. It's all about the cost of AI spending, which is really really concerning investors.
Speaker 1: I mean's a little while if you just look at the one year chart for this company, Carol, you and I were on the beach when Oracle reported results last September. We're on the beach for work, yeah, Honeyton, right, you're in Huntington beach, and shares spiked up to three hundred and twenty four dollars a share. They're down now to one hundred and sixteen dollars a share, down sixty four percent from then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unbelievable bouncing around here. But it's a story that we've been talking about a lot, certainly when it comes to the SaaS company and so on. Right, well, they're more like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it's also aspect. And there's the debt question too, the debt questions. Okay, all right, One thing you don't need on the beach is a parka from Canada Goose exactly.
Speaker 3: That costs one thousand dollars too, exactly, the maker of those parkers, Canada Goose, down about four percent here after a downgrade from Williams Trading to sell anticipating a great risk related to President Trump's fifty percent tariffs on some Canada goods that is expected to come into play here in August. The analyst there is concerned that the company might pull forward guidance because of that risk, noting that over twenty twenty five percent of its revenue come from the US, so it's a great risk for revenue. Well, for what it's worth, the company did a guide for load single digit growth in May, so at least we have that and as reporting next week, so we will find out. But those the tariff questions started to come back for some of these company's pretty particularly acute for the likes of Canadia.
Speaker 1: Those jackets are made in Canada.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's why they called Canada Goose the Windard jackets.
Speaker 2: By the we're already out.
Speaker 3: At Bloomingdale, so I'm just kidding me. The bathing suits, I'm a little confused.
Speaker 1: I think there are some companies that we know have different names that are where they're named, you know, where the products are made outside of the US. Okay, but this one actually made like remember President Trump's ties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Oh wow, way back in the day.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good memory there.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.