Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man, Welcome back to Coast to Coast, George, Noriy with you. In the nineteen nineties, Steve Ferrell co founded and led two high growth technology companies based in Silicon Valley that were featured on the Inks five hundred list of the fastest growing companies. During this period, he was also an officer of the Young Entrepreneurs Organization and the Young President's Organization. By all accounts, Steve was living the dream and when he felt a calling to play an active role in creating a consciousness movement that could help people across the globe awaken to their deeper self and interconnectedness and oneness of everything in the universe, he followed his heart, left the American dream behind, and what he found is the story of Humanity's Team and the New Universal Dream. Steve is the co founder of Humanity's Team along with Coast guests Neil Donald Walsh, and as a member of the Evolutionary Leadership Council. What a career, Steve. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Hey, George, thank you for having me. Yeah, it has been a ride, and as you mentioned this, this book, A New Universal Dream till Us, that fifty year true story.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It started really probably like with all of your listeners. I grew up in a small home about thirteen hundred square feet with a single mom who was divorced, six brothers and sisters, and I had a paper out paid for my braces. Found the Orthodonis that would take ten dollars a month to reimburse him from my braces. So that's kind of where it all started. And then and then it journeyed into all of the things you just shared.
Speaker 2: Do you have any regrets in the path you took?
Speaker 3: I don't. In fact, That's why I'm here. And not only do I not have any regrets, I have, I got so much that I could share that I wish. I want to bring people to that front row seat and see where you're at the center of wealth creation of Silicon Valley, as I was, where Reet Hastings hadn't started Netflix yet. He was in the business chapter next to me, and my chapter was Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, and a bunch of you know guys like that, extraordinary guys. I was there in the center of it. The private jets all of that and then but that's when I had my own personal awakening and said, wow, you know this, this is not what I thought it was. And then I journeyed off in this other direction where I found it. And so yeah, no regrets instead, just big vision, big smile about where we can go.
Speaker 2: Steve, what was the epiphany? What was that thing that led you into this?
Speaker 3: Well? For me, the epiphany, as you mentioned, Neil Donald Wallsh wrote the Conversations with Gud series. His first book came out in nineteen ninety five. And and you know, I grew up probably again like your listeners. I was in the Catholic Church. I was in All Her Boy, but I never really bought into this whole deity thing of judgment and punishment. I never felt that. I always felt like there was somebody looking out for me, guiding me, supporting me, just laying out a vision of where I could go and what I could do. And that God was described in Neil's Conversations with God book. At that time, I was going through nosebley growth, as you mentioned, I was in Ink five hundred twice, we almost hit it a third time, growing like crazy. But I got in touch with something that was bigger, that was more fulfilling that for me and for the planet. During that time and over a period of years, I lost my passion for business. This is why I sold my businesses. I left these associations that I was part of. I launched Humanity's Team with Neil Donald Walsh and with my family created a whole new life. We moved from Silicon Valley to Boulder, Colorado, where I'm now based, and this is where I found the true treasure, the true deliciousness in life, all of the things that people want. I think.
Speaker 2: I got to Boulder every month to do my TV shows with Guya Television.
Speaker 3: Awesome. Yeah, yeah, Guya's right here next to me.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been with Gaya? Have you been on any of the shows?
Speaker 3: I haven't been on Guya Because we have a streaming platform. We're We're a five O one C three non profit. We have a streaming platform that offers masterclasses with a lot of the same authors. So I wouldn't necessarily be somebody they bring on, but Greg Braden and the sim Harriman and Michael beck With and Neil all of these people, we work with them and create classes with them.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Yeah, they may be interested in you. I'll send I'm going to send the producers your name, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see what happened. Awesome? I know they know of me.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the title of your book, A New Universal Dream.
Speaker 3: So A New Universal Dream is the story of our pursuit of access. It's our pursuit of happiness, of joy, of laughter, of creating a great family, of having a great life. And I set out for Silicon Valley from that small home that I described, and ten years later I was starting my first company in Silicon Valley. We grew up to seventy five million, created a second one, and two years grew that one to seventy five million. So I was in the right place at the right time, even connected to the right venture capital people. But what I found was that it was that that kind of success is kind of a mirage. It's like you're on a desert and you see an oasis and you head toward it, and you get to the oasis and oh, it's moved. So what I mean by that is you create a seventy five million dollar company, you get there and celebrate for a night, and then the next day you're headed off for one hundred and fifty million, and then you get there and celebrate for a night, and the next day you're headed off for three hundred million, and so it goes. You hit the jackpot and you want to keep it going, and that creates a tension, a pressure, a tunnel vision to keep that whole thing going. Which creates those pressures are on your relationship with your partner, your kids, your best friends, your co workers. There are some people that manage to stay fairly happy in all of that, but most of them don't. Many people here probably have read the stories of people that are depressed and even create suicide in Silicon Valley, New York City. So I could see this. I also, with this time, was in touch with what science is sharing that all of the universe is actually deeply connected, that we're one with the universe, and there's a whole way then of what we call conscious living where we get in touch with that, where we follow I'll call it the wisdom center of our soul rather than the logic center of our mind, and then we create just incredible, incredible lives. And then we can, if we want here on the planet, can create a new universal dream. And that new universal dream is where we become a more mature species and we start living into this place of fuller connection, of real service, of even you could even call it loving service, where we feel connected to the world around us, and we become responsible, we take positive action all of these kinds of things. And then if you go to a new Universal Dream dot com, this is where you can learn a little more about the book. The first four chapters are unlocked. We are giving away my masterclass called Conscious Leadership. That's a two hundred ninety nine dollars masterclass when people purchase the nineteen dollars book, so it's a pretty good deal. The reason we're doing that is again, Humanities Team is a nonprofit. We're a five oh one c three. Our whole goal is to help create a world in homes where we return you know, happiness, the sense of connection, a sense of real prosperity, this term deliciousness in life, where we really find this thing that we're all pursuing and right now and as I tell the story in this book, this fifty year story, I think many of us set out as I did, kind of pointed in the wrong direction, climbing this ladder that just leads to these mirages and oasis is and you never get there. So in the ladder part of the book, I take people through how we do get there day by day, the steps that we take. And what I do is I lay out throughout the book my own learning moments where I almost wiped out huge, huge mistakes that I made, and I say, wow, this is what happened here for me. These are things that you could do to not make the same mistake. A journey in this direction that creates the things that you want in your home and your business and in the world.
Speaker 2: Steve the Dalai Lama talks about oneness, but what is one mean to you?
Speaker 3: So let me share because a lot of your listeners maybe follow the Dalai Lama and Deepak Chopra and Wayne Dyer and people like that. But the science is now in here affirming that all of this won this thing is true. Let me even share. For example, Irwin schroeding Or he won the Nobel Prize for Physics in nineteen thirty three, he said, the total number of minds in the universe is one. In fact, consciousness is a singularity phasing within all beings. And then Albert Einstein had his own quote here a human being as a part of a whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts, and his feelings as something separated from the rest of kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of present for us. This is a quote from Albert Einstein, restricting us to our personal and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion, to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. So here are two Nobel Prize winning scientists with quotes about oneness and a just share one last thing. Here is the sim Harriman and his Resident Science Foundation. If you google him or follow him, he has his unified field research. That's here. It shares that everything from quantum scale, from that means protons and atoms, things that aren't even visible to the largest cosmological objects. That means galaxies and everything in between physical and non physical is actually one energy is deeply interconnected, interrelated and interdependent. And so what he says, this is a scientist. Now he says, so as he points that a person, he says, so, so you are sovereign to this one body, the universe, the cosmos, it's inseparable from you. So you need to walk around with good posture, you need to walk around standing tall, you need to have a great self image, because the universe, the cosmos can't exist without you. So now this is a scientist speaking. And as we know, if we've followed spiritual teaching, so ali way back to antiquity, they've been saying the same thing. Plato and Hippocrates in four fifty DCE, that's twenty five hundred years ago. You know, they were saying that consciousness doesn't exist in the pearl, it only exists in the in the singular. So this means that we're we're deeply connected with the world around us. This whole thing, you know that is said is treat people as you want to be treated. Is exactly what we want to do because in truth, and I think we find this in the afterlife, that we're all we're all one. You know, we're eight billion phases of one energy, of one consciousness. And on some level, you know, listeners might even feel into that because we oftentimes people know things about others and they like, they're like, how did I know that? How was I given that information? How has I led to my wife? How as I led to the home that I live in? How has I led to the job that I have? There are these things that happened that there's really no explanation for other than that maybe we're all part of a universe that has our back and that's supporting us.
Speaker 2: And I don't believe in coincidences, Steve, and I bet you don't either, not at all.
Speaker 3: Not at all. No, No, there's everything is actually this a snowflake. It's this unique design that the things that they As I mentioned, the universe has our back. We are led into things that are for us. So Humanity's team, you know, with Neil Donald Walsh, we started twenty years ago. Now we have the largest conscious stre platform in the whole world as a nonprofit.
Speaker 2: What a great guy, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Neil is terrific. I work with him every week.
Speaker 2: Tell them why for us?
Speaker 1: I will do that.
Speaker 2: What do you recommend that people do to start this journey if they've never been on it before.
Speaker 3: What I recommend people do is just start start with awareness, start noticing things. You said yourself, George, you don't think that things happen randomly, that things actually are happening by design. Start noticing how things are showing up, that the right person is showing up, the right people to grow your organization, the right ideas. Start noticing that. Start creating some silence around you early in the day, late in the day. I actually, throughout the day, create time where you can just really be with nature, where you can silence the world around you, where you can even pray you and speak to the God of your understanding, and where you ask for things, and start noticing how you're being supported, you're being guided. This is this wisdom center of the soule thing that I was referencing too often. I think we head in this direction of the American dream, which which starts out, you know, with equal opportunity and equal education. And of course we want that for the whole world, that American dream, but most of us keep climbing the ladder. And as we climb the ladder, now we're looking for power and for riches and for influence and things like that. And that's where we start now getting into rungs of the ladder. Where it's not, we don't find happiness. So and where we are in the logic center of our mind and just paying attent, creating tasks and talking to people with lists that if you've done these ten things and so on in a robotic way, we don't. There's no real joy there. So on the other hand, on a to day basis, where we start tuning into how do I feel? What could I do here today that would be uplifting for me and the workplace that I'm in or my family or both. What are things that really bring me joy? How can I make sure I don't get to the end of the day where I'm just feeling almost broken tired, in a rut? Yeah, exactly. So just start paying attention and start creating habits, and start start noticing your feelings instead of just being up in your mind where you're creating task after task after task.
Speaker 2: How many people feel as if they're in that rut? What percent do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think way too many. I think I think the majority of people today. You know, as we read about read accounts of people here post COVID, what I read people are feeling disempowered, feeling they're feeling anxiety. Many are even feeling depressed, and they're feeling hugely challenged. There's with extreme weather and stuff in the Ukraine war and all of these guns and all of these things going on. People are like, is this what it's all about? Is this the best that life can be? This is what I hear, this is what I understand. The people are in that, and this is why again I wrote this book. A new universal dream was to not stand and proselytize something and say do this and do that. There's too much of that, you know, and who cares really, So my book instead was a fifty year true story. Instead of saying do this and do that, I'm saying this is what I did. Here I am as twelve years old.
Speaker 2: Did you do this on your own?
Speaker 3: I did? Well, you know, except that I'm part of the one. So the God of my understanding helped me out and had my back and supported me every step of the way.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, though, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean that again, It's why I wrote a I mean, who would think you could go divorced mom, full time job, seven kids, little home. Who could go from that to eleven years later, I'm in the center of wealth creation as I'm I'm giving you names of you know, Read Hastings who started Netflix and people like that.
Speaker 2: And then why did Blockbuster miss the boat on that one? Didn't they?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they could have bought it for fifty million beck and they tried to Read Hastings and his partner tried to sell it to Blockbuster and for fifty million bucks. And now it's worth a gazillion dollars. So yeah, So I tell that story, you know, of how I was climbing that ladder and then kind of climbed down the ladder to climb in this other direction, and just take people through the day by day of how we can do this to create really exceptional lives for ourselves, for our families, for our workplaces in the world around us. You can even do this stuff at work. It's why I created so much wealth is I started these conscious practices at work where we became transparent. We brought in something called open book management where we started sharing all of our financials, even our salaries. We were sharing and that openness with all of our employee base, and also doing other things like adopting the local high school that needed a lot of help attracted the best and brightest. I was in Silicon Valley where I'm competing against Apple and the Gap and Cisco Systems for the best employees, and in many ways I won. I hired some of the best people and they stayed with me because they because of these conscious practices. So there's just a lot here in terms of where we start, where I'm twelve years old, where we end. I'm now in my sixties. And the book was just taking people through it step by step and stopping along the way in the book and saying, this is what I learned, and here's a tool that might be valuable to you too. Want to live a truly extraordinary
Speaker 1: Life, Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more