Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: You know you don't do the Bowl championships. That should always be the expectation. All right, man, you go ahead. Welcome back to the Richard Sherman Podcast. An incredible week, some upsets, a team taking their first loss to the season. Mitchell, Your Detroit Lions found a way though, in a big way.
Speaker 1: They did, Richard, And I was rocking that han no Lulu Blue all day. You already know it. Our friends over at Brightling, I was rocking it. You already know start. I know you have it on. We got to start out in the NFC West, the Sherman moule two points whatever it has been several times now in San Francisco. Seattle goes on the road and gets what is by Vegas standards and up set big win in the division. They climb back. What are your thoughts because this game not a whole lot of people thought this was going this way. San Francisco is finally healthy ish and they lose.
Speaker 2: Richard. Your thoughts on this game, Well, it was a chaotic week in Seattle. You know their center Connor Williams retiring in the middle of the bye week. You know they cut their leading tackler, so you know it seemed chaotic, but they this defense responded in a big way, holding San Francisco forty nine ers to twenty points in the game, really keeping Christian McCaffrey in check for a majority of this game. Nineteen carries seventy nine yards, four catch for twenty seven. I mean, felt felt like a solid game from him. You know, still almost one hundred yards total offense, but just could not get in the end zone again, just the way their season is gone. When they need a touchdown, they get field goals. And that's the frustrating part for this offense, because they got a turnover, they got a sut and change opportunity where it looked like, hey, the momentum is going in San Francisco forty nine ers favor, looks like they were going to be able to make a big play, score touchdown, kind of start to pull away in that moment, and the Seattle Seahawks got the stop, held him to a field goal. Then you look up, Nicholas john Bosa gets hurt and the Seattle Seahawks take full advantage of it, go down the field, score touchdowns. Both both touchdowns were scored after nick Bosa was down with an injury, Jackson Smith and Jigba ten catches for one hundred and ten yards. He continues his excellent play throughout this these last few weeks he's been on. I mean, he's been playing really impressive football. Geno Smith twenty five of thirty two for two hundred and twenty one yards, had the interception, but really really played well when they needed it, used his legs when he had to have it, especially on the game winning touchdown. And everybody, you know, even folks in Seattle, you know, haven't been as high on Gino this year, even though I think he's still playing really good football. He's just been beating up you know, he got sacked four times in this game. And with all that said, they're five and five, win off the bye week against a very tough opponent, got another divisional opponent coming up next week, and you kind of control your own destiny from this point. You know. With this win against the San Francisco forty nine ers, they have the tiebreakers against a lot of these teams. The Seattle Seahawks do, and the San Francisco forty nine ers are one and three within a division. So it's just a really rough season, you know, because if you're looking at tie breakers and how tight this race is, when you get to one and three in the division, you're not going to have the tiebreaker over a lot of these teams. So hopefully you get the tie with the Rams, and you get the tie with the Arizona Cardinals, but you just you know, you're putting yourself in a tough position.
Speaker 1: They're going to have an opportunity to separate themselves from the pack next week against Arizona Cardinals. Richard, But this San Francisco forty nine ers team is clinging on for dear life. And while they're finally healthy, it's not the playmakers that you would expect. It's Juwan Jennings that they're leaning on for ten catches, ninety one yards and a touchdown. Like what's going on with this offense because while they seem to be getting healthy, they're not leaning on Deebo. They're not leaning on CMC. I know he's roughly back now and they're gonna lean on a more down the stretch. But the time is now for the San Francisco forty nine ers team. They've got to start winning now, and they're going to go on the road against the Packers who've been playing impressive ball all season. I mean, once is it going to start. The pressure is building up on this team. They've got to win now, Richard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to figure it out and they got to start executing. You know, one hundred and fifty nine yards, one touchdown and one interception from Brock party one twenty eight. It's just not good enough in a game like this where you had to have more. Juwan Jennings played another excellent game. He was a standout in this game. Made a ton of big plays, huge third down conversions every single time they needed at third and eleven where it looked like he dragged half of the DB's in Seattle to the first down marker, and you need more of that. Got a touchdown on that drive, and you just need more consistent play. And it just doesn't seem like the plays are there as they have been in the past. In the red zone execution, I mean it's been a storyline the entire season. They were the number one red zone offense last year. They cannot find a way their bottom of the pack this year in terms of getting the ball in the end zone, not just driving down into the red zone and kicking field goals there. I mean, I guess they're best in the league at that right now. But you can't have that if you want to be a championship football team, and that's the team that everybody expects. That the faithful expected from them. I expected it from them, the amount of talent this team had. You expected them to go out and play better football and execute at a higher level than they have been and that you know, I'm sure Kyle is gonna change something up, something up, and switch something up to spice it up, because right now it's just looks stagnant offensively and that the holes aren't there in the run game. You're not seeing the big yack in the past game. You're not seeing a big time explosive plays that they're known for and they've been known for throughout Kyle's tenure in San Francisco. But the Seattle Seahawks did a really good job in this game of just sticking around, hanging around, making plays when they were there. Devin Witherspoon tips the ball up to Jonathan Hankins for his first career interception. Huge playing the ball game while the San Francisco forty nine ers were in their own territory steal and that ended up contributing to points for the Seattle Seahawks. And that's those are the things, tight window throws that brock Perty's trying to make and trying to force in there that led help lead to this defeat at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks. But this is a really really positive game. Derek Hall and Draymond Jones continued their strong seasons, sack eats, DK metcalf mates and big plays when they had to have him. Had seven catches for seventy yards. Your boy, your boy K nine, had fourteen carries fifty four yards, got an end zone. And you just look at this team and you're doing what you need to do to win. And that's really all you need to do in this league. You know, you win ugly, you win pretty. But this is a good confidence booster. I thought their defense, the Seattle Seahawks defense played really really well on this game. They got the stops, They had tight coverage. Tarik Wooland was tighten coverage. Witherspoon was tightan coverage all day, disruptive from from the d line, disruption Byron Murphy. Ernest Jones looked really good still kind of trying to find his way within this defense. But the young guy Knight. They looked good in their first game since all the change. You know, you expected them to come out and execute at a high level off the bye week, fresh legs, et cetera, et cetera. I to see what they do next week against the Arizona Cardinals, who have been red hot, playing really good football. Kyler Murray, that defense, Buddha Baker and those boys have been playing really good. So I'm looking forward to seeing if the Seattle Seahawks can can really come back into Loomenfield and protect home field and come out with another win. Because if they can, then it really starts to heat up the playoff conversation. It's time for a look at this week's tastiest matchup in a segment we're calling Sunday Night Foodball, brought to you by Uber eats.
Speaker 1: Another team that's been red hot at Kansas City Chiefs. They go on the road against the Buffalo Bills. This was much while for football in Buffalo, and it was the Buffalo Bills controlled this game early and often, and you got to look at it from Josh Allen's standpoint, this is a team that could never get over that hump, and that was the Kansas City Chiefs, and they controlled this game. I don't want to say that they dominated it because they didn't, but they will always seem to be in control. Richard, what were your thoughts on this game, because to me, it looked like Buffalo was the batter team early often and throughout.
Speaker 2: Well it's just like Josh Allen said earlier in the week, he said, I mean, they've been able to beat the Kansas City Chiefs in the regular season, they just cannot beat him in the playoffs. So this isn't as surprising, you know, of a win as anybody is going to say. You know, it's the Kansas City Chiefs have been playing on borrowed time for a number of weeks. You know, could have lost last week, could have lost the week before that, and this week it looked like again, if they get a stop somewhere, then you get Patrick Mahomes the ball back. But instead Josh Allen breaks a twenty six yard touchdown run late in that game to put the dagger to close this game up, to kill the hope of the Kansas City Chiefs, because even then, if they kick a field goal, and at the end of that game and Patch Mahoons gets the ball back, I think everybody in the stands, everybody watching that game thinks he's gonna win that game again. So this didn't feel like a dominant win, but the Buffalo Bills did look like the better team in this game. Patch mahomes through an early interception and just never looked right throughout this game. He completed passes to eleven different receivers. Again, sometimes you're trying to figure out which guys are working for you, who's going to be your go to guy. He ended up getting four catches for sixty one yards and a big time touchdown from Xavier Worthy. Kareem Hump continues to carry the load in the running game, but they've looked like this the entire season. The difference is the thirty points that Buffalo was able to put up on this Kansas City defense. Because this Kansas City defense has been elite, one of the best defenses in football throughout this season and previous seasons. SPACs has been calling an incredible game. They've been covering well, they've been rushing a passer well. But Josh Allen had his way twenty seven of forty two hundred and sixty two yards one touchdown in the interception. He rushed the ball twelve times for fifty five yards in that huge touchdown that put the d nail in the coffin at the end of the game. I'm sure this is good for this young team's confidence because a lot of these young players weren't in the same roles that they are in now. Curtis Samuel hasn't been a part of this rivalry. Taylor Rapp had a huge interception in this game, and I don't think he was as huge of a part of this rivalry as he was in this game. And obviously Khalil Shakur Kir was a part of it, but he wasn't the go to guy that he is now. So I'm interested to see what this does for them going into the playoffs if they have to face the Kansas City Chiefs again, that's the thing. Does this give them confidence going into that week. I know they're feeling really, really good going into this bye week. The Kansasity Chiefs probably feel slightly disappointed. I'm sure Andy Reid feels good, because again, you don't want to have an undefeated season. You want to have coachable moments. You want to be able to tell your team, hey, we got to do better than this, we got to play better than this, we got to correct the things, and that this gives him opportunity to do that, to coach his team, to tell that defense, hey, you're you're not world beaters yet. You know, we've won two back to back in I mean, we've won back to back Super Bowls and we've played started off nine to zero. But you see this team hit us in the mouth. So we do have things that we can correct. Things we can't fix, things we can get better at. And I'm I'm I get to go watch this team in a couple of weeks when they played the Raiders in Kansas City on Black Friday. So I'm excited to go out there and see what they do against the Carolina Panthers and what they do against the Raiders when we come to town.
Speaker 1: But the Kansas City Chiefs the last several games, they haven't looked all that impressive. You know. They beat the Las Vegas Raiders by seven points, they win against the Buccaneers in overtime, you know, and then they go and squeak one off with the block field goal. Against the Denver Broncos and then you see them go on the road and lose. Uh, let's my two scores against the Buffalo Bills. I mean they've been skating by all season and finally they get caught. I mean, are the Kansas City Chiefs that good as their nine to one record reflects?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Menchell, I mean they're back to back Super Bowl champions. So you can say what you want about them skating by games. They skated through most of the last season, and then when it came to the playoffs, they dominated, dominated, dominated, and you could say they snuck by those games. They didn't blow the Baltimore Ravens out in AFC Championship game. They didn't blow the San Francisco for nine Ers get out. In the Super Bowl. They won an ot walk off touchdown, but they won and they got to hold the trophy at the end. So are they the team? Are they are as good as their record says because they are back to back Super Bowl champions Because when you aren't, when you don't have the championship pedigrade, people can say, oh, we wonder how they're going to be in the playoffs. We know how this team is going to be in the playoffs. There are a lot of guys still on this team, still on this roster with two Super Bowl rings on in very prominent position, and so this team will be fine, especially with the best quarterback in football. I don't think you can count this team out or say they're not as good as their record, especially with the way their defense. Chris Jones is still going. Nick Bolton is playing really good football justin Reid, you know, friend of the program. We got so many people that are playing really good football as a part of that team that I'm not really ready to say they're not who we thought they were. That would be that'd be silly to say, you know, this is a loss that they probably needed. I'm sure their coaching staff is thankful. I don't think anybody wants an undefeated season going into playoffs because you just feel like your first loss is going to be at the worst possible time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to play spoiler, he Richard, I don't.
Speaker 2: That was this week's Sunday Night Foodball, brought to you by Uber eats, the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL. Uber eats has the best game day deals all season long. Order now for game day.
Speaker 1: The NFL season is rolling along and contenders are starting to separate themselves from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this NFL season, DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL, is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade to the corner of the end zone, running back, brace through the line, and get up sixty yards for a score. We don't care how they get them. We just want to bet on touchdowns, and DraftKings is the best place to do it. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player scoring a touchdown. Go to DraftKings Sportsbook app and make your pick. Here's the reason for new customers to do a touchdown to answer their own bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big with DraftKings Sportsbook, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use code Richard. That's code Richard for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The crown is yours gambling problem. Call one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundre gambler dot net. In New York, call eight seven seven eight h O P E n Y or text h O P E n Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help us available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven to seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario, se sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football, Terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, Terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Did you know that feeding your lawn regularly builds a stronger, more resilient lawn that naturally crowds out weeds. Scott's turf Fielder products provide year round feeding with essential seasonal solutions. For your loan, Scott's has a subscription plan that makes caring for your lawn easier than ever. They put their expertise to work by analyzing the location, size, and condition of your loan to create a custom plan for your yard, and they'll ship you the right product to apply at the perfect time. By answering only a few short questions about your loan, Scott's experts will craft the program that's right for you in your yard. Visit Scott's dot com to learn more. Feed your loan. Feed it.
Speaker 1: But let's take it to the number one team in Richard Sherman's Power Ranks, Lions. The heinlo Lulu Blue. I'm playing some forecasting here, Richard then future number one team of Richard Sheran Power Ranks. The Detroit Lions took on the Jacksonville Jaguars fifty two to six, and I'm pretty sure that was after the third quarter. They're laying the stone cold SmackDown on the Jacksonville Jaguars. What didn't the Detroit Lions show you today that? I mean, this could this win could not be more impressive. Jacksonville scored first, mind you, they got out three to nothing, and the Detroit Lions just said, ah, that's good enough. We'll take it from here. Your thoughts on my hometown Detroit Lions, I would love to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, their defense looked really good, you know, obviously Mac Jones and this Jacksonville Jaguars offense haven't shown much all season. They didn't show much when they had the other quarterback at the helm. They didn't show much with Mack Jones. But still this defense, you know, beating bad teams is still an art. Like there are teams that played to the level of their opponent. That's not what the Detroit Lions are. They showed them, Hey, there's a huge gap between what y'all are and what we are. And they showed it over and over and over, executing every single drive their first sevens drives down the field, they scored touchdowns and again, back to the conversation with San Francisco forty nine, that's the difference between elite contenders is that they score when they get into the red zone. When they get into the red zone, you know, it's pretty much a done deal your faatest they're scoring. And the Lions coming off that very as Jamiir Gibbs said, weird game where they had all the interceptions and everything working against them, Murphy's law, everything that could go wrong went wrong and they were still able to win that game. I think it gives the team a bit of a shield, you know, a bit of an invincibility complex because you say, hey, even on our worst day, we can still win. So they're not having their worst day in this game. Jared Golf twenty four to twenty nine, four hundred and twelve yards, passing four touchdowns in a perfect passer rating would almost get him back into that MVP conversation if he didn't throw five picks the last time Mitchell, so he's nowhere near the conversation at this point. But great game from aman Ras Saint Brown. A huge game from Jamison Williams, probably his best game as a pro. Four catches, one hundred and twenty four yards and a touchdown. Cool to see him get back involved that. That incredible safety duo played their butt off. Brian Branch had a really really crucial hit in the game, Kirby Joseph had the interception. So you just saw really good performances from all over the place. Jamier Gibbs and David Montgomery both got a touchdown in the first quarter. One got one yard touchdown than Jamier Gibbs. That I'm faster than everybody and I'm gonna get a touchdown too, and so that was really cool. He also had the reception Jamiir Gibbs had the reception for fifty four yards where he just looked so fast and I thought he was scoring a touchdown on that one. But they look great. They look like a really good team. And this is what they've looked like. They look like the team that are supposed to look like when you talk about a contender, and they're the best team in the NFC right down. And I think that's clear. With Tony Gonzalez on on the broadcast was saying that it may be somebody else as the best team in NFC, the Philadelphia Eagles, and I said, not so fast. My friendly courso works both ways, and he said, not so fast when you're talking about the other teams as well, because they are not as complete as the Detroit Lions are right now. And getting Zadarius Smith is only going to help him. He kind of got banged up a little bit in this game. I'm pretty sure he's all right, but as he continues to get out there and get rolling, I think he's going to be really impactful.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta love it, Richard. We've seen it. I mean you saw it, guys. If you have not tuned into the Jumior Gibbs episode with Richard earlier this week. This podcast is turned into a Detroit Lions fan base podcast. I love to see the Hano Lulu Blue tuning in every week. Let's take it to arguably the game of the day, the Pittsburgh Steelers against the Baltimore Ravens. Pittsburgh turns out a huge win divisional foe the Vegas had. This game is a three point game in Baltimore's favor. A lot of people are saying, hey, Baltimore's got this, no question about it. But Richard, you pointed, week after week after week, the division rivalry's saying, these division games are different. Baltimore is showing us something here. I mean, this team, they're eight and two, when they're looking like it, they win against the Baltimore Ravens Pittsburgh. Are they the team right now in the AFC North because they certainly.
Speaker 2: Look like it. Well, I mean, they definitely do. And obviously you got to give them credit because they just beat the team that was challenging them for that supremacy and the team that won the AFC North last year and the Baltimore Ravens. But the Baltimore Ravens are owing to four in the last four matchups against the Pittsburgh Steelers. And that's with whoever it is at quarterback. And it's just like Lamar Jackson's struggles against Tomlin coach teams. It doesn't matter if Kenny Pickett's at quarterback, if Mitchell Trabitsky's a quarterback, They're finding a way to beat the Baltimore Ravens. And this is with the super tandem of Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry. But again, Todd Monkin is falling victim to the thing that Baltimore Ravens coordinators do every single time things get tight in a ball game, and a big time ball game, they stop running the football. And everybody knows the statistics of their wins versus their losses. Every time they lose, it's because Derek Henry has fifteen carries or less. It's I think he averaged averages fourteen carries in their losses and like twenty carries in their wins. So it keep feeding the ball. But whenever they get down in these games and it wasn't a huge lead, they missed multiple field goals uncharacteristically. You know, Justin Tucker, the All Pro Future Hall of Famer just could not get the ball through the uprights early in this game. If he makes those field goals, they likely win this game. But he didn't, and the Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Tomlin knows how to win in an ugly ball game. He knows when things aren't going great, Hey, that defense is gonna step up. And the Pittsburgh Steelers defense stepped up in a big way. You just saw all their big time guys stepping up. TJ. Watt had a sack. Peyton Wilson had a really incredible one hand like diving, ripping away interception late in the ball game that really turned the tide to the Pittsburgh Steelers and really kind of closed out this game. Cam Hayward had a huge deflection in this game late in the game that they had to have. Naji Harris eighteen carres for sixty three yards. Russell Wilson didn't have the biggest game, you know, he struggled early on. I think he had eighty eight yards, you know, somewhere middle of the third quarter. But he turned it on late twenty three to thirty six, two hundred and five yards. Very costly interception in the end zone late in the game, but played well enough, maybe big enough plays converted third downs to help them win this game, to help them run that clock, control the ball game, and that's what they needed. That's what Tom the need to protect the ball, run the clock. And I think his tight end probably could have done helped him out a little bit. And bad at that pass down the end zone. Didn't really seem like he gave a lot of effort. But George Pickens with another good game. I think he's really happy to have Russell Wilson in the fold. Eight catches for eighty nine yards. But it's concerned and it has to be scary for Baltimore Ravens fans because it just seems like another more of the same, Like, Okay, we have an MVP candidate likely to win MVP. I mean touchdown interception mister, But I don't think he had the same regression that Jared Golf said. I don't know if one touchdown one interception is five interceptions in a game. Those aren't created equal, but it's definitely not the huge four or five touchdown games he had been having. Derrick Henry also got a touchdown fumbled for the first time in five hundred and thirty eight touches. Not the kind of game he's used to having. Obviously, you can't go away from Derrick Henry just because he fumbles the football. But I don't know what you do. This has to be a lesson, and you would have thought they learned this lesson after losing the playoffs the same way every year, and everybody's saying the same thing, including their own staff, saying, Hey, we went away from running the football. We'll never do that, We'll never make that a mistake again. I don't know why we did that. We went away from running the football. I don't know why we did that. We went away from winning the football. I don't know why we did that. Stop doing it. Run the football. Run it run it, run it run the football, Chris Brown. When you see it running running, yeah, running like run the football. And do I need to put the hat on because run them. I'm gonna have to. Because when they run the football, they win football games. When they don't run a football game, when they don't run the football, they lose. And it's been true in the playoffs, it's been true all of this year. When they lost to the Raiders, they didn't run the football well. The Loft to Cleveland they didn't run the football well. Kansas City they didn't run the football well. The Pittsburgh they didn't run the football well. It's a common theme. It's not hard to see. You don't need analytics or research to really dive deep and see it. You got one of the best running backs in National Football League. Turn around and hand them the ball sometimes at least twenty times a game. And sure you can have Lamar throw at thirty if that's what you want to do, but do not go away from the run game. And that's what they did. Give the Pittsburgh Steelers a lot of credit there. They're looking like a top AFC contender. And if the Kansas City Chiefs slip up again, you might look at him as a one seed going into these playoffs. And I don't know if Kansas City really wants to go down that road, because they'd be seeing the Buffalo Bills a lot earlier than they want to.
Speaker 1: There's no question about it. This Steelers defense is nasty. I mean this offense. I mean this is the second time this season they've not scored a touchdown and won a game. I mean, the rest of the NFL is two to eighteen without scoring a touchdown in a game, and the Pittsburgh Steelers have managed to win two games without scoring touchdowns. Kudos to the Steelers, Yeah, I mean kudos. That's huge. And Richard, you know all too well that carries a team and Russell I don't want to speak poorly about him by any meets because he seemed to turn this offense around in Pittsburgh, but he's the beneficiary of another great defense here. Let's see how far he can take this Steelers team, because it seems to me like he's got the weapons. He's got n Agie Harris, I mean George Pickens. There is probably no bigger fan. I mean, George Pickens is proving himself to be one of the top receivers in this league ever since Russell Wilson's taken over those reigns. So let's see what happens here in Pittsburgh. They've got an opportunity. You're going to see him first hand on Thursday Night Football, brought to you by our friends at Prime Video. And Richard, you'll walk away either impressed or in questions because this balt This Pittsburgh Steelers team is eight and two. It doesn't matter how you debate it. They are eight and two and they proved it at home against one of the best teams in the league in the Baltimore Ravens. Let's see where they go from here. In terms of the Baltimore Ravens, it's a hardball ball on Monday night football. They're gonna take on the La Charters next. We'll see how they recover from this loss.
Speaker 2: Because again, these division games are weird. So even when Pittsburgh's eight and two, when you feel really good about this huge win against Baltimore, sometimes they're that's setting you up for a letdown in another very tough division game against the Cleveland Browns. And Jamis just threw for almost four hundred yards against the Saints. Like, it's not that they can't do it. It's not that they can't push the ball down the field and they can't execute. So I hope we don't they don't have a case of overlooking the Cleveland Browns. And that's what I'm gonna say on air Thursday night is just you know, this is a really talented defense, a really good football team. But if their offense struggles like they did because Cleveland's defense is very capable. Miles Garrett is just as capable of wrecking a game as anybody in this football league. And so if you if they get out there and start lollygagging and you let Jamis get hot, this can this can get scary for Pittsburgh and Cleveland. So I I know they deserve to feel good about this game and feel good about their season eight and two. I'm sure their fans could not have predicted them going eight and two this season after seasons that they've had. But they look like a really complete team and I can't wait to see what they looked like Thursday, short week.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Bears in desperate need of a win, going under the five hundred mark. Last week, they're hosting the Green Bay Packers at home. They make it super competitive and lose by a blocked field goal. At the buzzer, we saw what appeared to be a lot better game from Caleb Williams. He looked a lot more comfortable in the pocket. When the bocket broke down, he was scrambling, he was picking up yards. He looked more like a veteran out there than it did a rookie. And I think Chicago needed to see that, but nonetheless they come away with the loss. Richard, how does this happen for Chicago? How do they turn the tides here? Because they had this game and they lost it.
Speaker 2: They just don't know how to finish. And you do have to give kat Williams a lot of credit. He looked really good. The offensive line looked better. At the entire offense looked better. DeAndre Swift had a really cool touchdown run where he made a corner miss in the open field, got loose, got busy. Caleb Williams was making plays with his legs, but he wasn't depending on it, and you saw him rush the ball. You saw him go out there and use his legs to really put the defense in jeopardy and put the defense on its heels and really make them adjust, make them have to account for his legs in a way that he hadn't really been doing throughout the season as much as he could. And I think that opened up some plays for him. He was getting the ball out quick on time, even when he's looking left. Sometimes he glanced back right and hit the check down for a lot of yards because the defense is moving with him. And I thought I thought he looked really solid, coming off a really tough game, some tough conversations in that locker room. Teammates really frustrated with his perform Larrence is in the past games. So I thought this was really a step forward for this team. It just sucks that they weren't able to finish because in a game like that, that's how you take the next step. You kick that field goal that you win it. And you're talking about a team that may sneak into the playoffs, the team that's feeling confident that they can beat anyone, and that defense is playing like a defense that can play with anyone. But they didn't. The phield goal got blocked. Carl Brooks blocked the game winning phild Gold got his fingertip on it, and that's all you need at that distance to be able to get it. Jordan Love though, he's a risk taker, and he's a guy that's reckless with the football, and he's thrown interception in eight straight games, eleven on the season and eleven and I don't even thinks he hasn't played every game. He's missed two games in this season. So that's something that I'm concerned about. The Green Bay Packers. This is a good win for them. They are seven and three, keeping up with your Detroit Lions in the division race. Minnesota Vikings are also up there at I think they're eight and two now. So this NFC North is really starting to heat up, and look at it look like one of the best division divisions, if not the best division in football. But if you're a Green Bay Packers fan, you have to be concerned about these interceptions because that is what ended your season last year at the hands of the San Francisco forty nine ers. Two Jordan Love interceptions and in the clutch is what ended your season. So he has as many interceptions now as he did through the entire season last year, and he has to get that fixed. These aren't just like tipped interceptions at the line of scrimmage, or are lucky plays by guys or hey, it bounced off the receiver's hands and got an interception. These are these are balls he's thrown to defenders and he has to get that fixed. I like how they leaned on Josh Jacobs throughout the game eighteen carries for seventy six yards, even got involved in the past game four carries took some short passes and made them big gains. I think that's gonna be positive for him. Christian Watson had his best game four catches for one hundred and fifty yards. Rashawn Gary made some plays on defense. Our guy Xavier mckinne did not was not able to get Caleb Williams this time, even though he's gotten just about everybody else. But I thought this is what was a rare kind of win win for both teams. It's good for I'm sure Chicago feels a lot better about theirselves and about their team than they did coming into this game. And I'm sure Green Bay is thankful to be able to get out of this game where they didn't play as well as they possibly can. With the win, Green Bay has a tough game against San Francisco forty nine ers, who are reeling right now after that lost to Seattle. In Green Bay. The Bears have a tough game against the Minnesota Vikings who are rolling eight and two, and they're gonna put a lot of pressure on Caleb Williams, so better keep getting up all that fast.
Speaker 1: They finally scored a touchdown, I mean, then went twenty six strives With that one, Richard, and they're on a four game losing streak. I know, you could say you can take away, you know, some feel goods after losing this game close, but it's a four game losing streak. And it all started with that Hail Mary against the Washington Commanders when Tyreek Stevenson was celebrating over there doing whatever he was doing with the crowd. I mean, how long does a loss like that carry over? Because this Bears team was four and two and now they're four and six and we're talking about feel good losses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but they weren't expected to be anything like that, Mitchell. This year. They weren't. You're not drafting the quarterback that high and you know, I mean their draft pick was what nine or ten, But you're not drafting top ten and making the playoffs. Many times, there are teams that have done it. But they had a really good defense, and they have a really good defense. But there's still ways to go offensively, especially offensive line and the quarterback. And you've got a young quarterback that has to develop. I think they're starting to figure out the rhythm that he needs to be in where they have to run the ball with DeAndre swift. They have to lean on a run game and then then let Caleb Williams go. You can't just sit there and drop back with Caleb Williams and have the run game as a second as an afterthought. That can't be the way you approach games. And I think at least they're figuring that rhythm out. I think they're showing signs of life. Maybe they can get hot and win some games that they won't be favored in down the stretch and sneak into the playoffs. But they really needed this one for their confidence going forward. But yeah, I mean, I guess it does linger, you know. I mean, there's nothing else to say about that. They're own four since that game, so clearly it's having some carryover effects.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about a disaster season, let's go to the New York Jets. Hey Aaron Rodgers and this whole feel good story about him coming back from the Achilles injury. I don't know where this season is going to land for them, but it's not looking good. You already lose a coach and Robert Slok. They've made so many different moves and nothing seemed to work, and it all culminates with another loss against the low lean in app Colts, who just brought back Anthony richardson where do we go from here? I mean, who do you cast the blame on other than Woody Johnson in New York New York Jets territory.
Speaker 2: Richard, Yeah, I mean you got to put a lot of the blame on Whatdy Johnson, because you've made an unnecessary decision in the middle of the season. And there it's been shown statistically, no matter what team you're looking at, if you take if you fire the head coach min season, the rest of that season is pretty much wrap. You're you're not going to the playoffs, you're not having success, You're not you're not doing anything worthy of mention in that season. And I know he tried to cut the front off his loose to to make all these moves to make him look better and say, oh, get get Redick in here, get get get Davonte, do all this so that it doesn't look bad, so you guys can win and it can look like I fired Robert Salay and he was the problem, and I was the answer. Clearly, Robert Salad wasn't the problem. Aaron isn't playing as well as he has in the past. It's probably his worst season of his football career, probably since the first season he started. They're not playing well on defense. Ever since Brick became the head coach, they've been one of the worst defense. I think they've given up the second most points since he's become the head coach. And that's just you know, that's just one of the side effects of moving your defensive coordinator to head coach and throwing all this responsibility on his back, all these extra things to think about during the game, during the week, all these extra meetings that he has to be and you're changing the whole dynamic of the staff five games into the season, and that's a shock that they just haven't recovered from. The players are kind of frustrated. You saw the comments saw had about you know, bricks tackling presentation, and then they went out and they missed a lot of tackles in this game. So it's just a lot of things compiling, a lot of frustration, I'm sure mounting in that locker room, mounting with that coaching staff, and disappointment because you know, they were they're really talented team and they've had a talented defense for the entire time this staff has been employed and they just haven't had the offense. And everybody thought when Aaron came in he would he would fix a lot of the problems, and Davante would help fix Aaron, and he would help fix Garrett Wilson, and just hasn't culminated the way they would have wanted it to. When it's disappointing the.
Speaker 1: Other side of the football, Anthony Richardson comes back from his break. I mean, obviously they sidelined him and showed him what Joe FLACKU could do for the last few weeks, and he comes back and he looks like a lot more competent quarterback out there, throwing for two hundred and seventy two yards a touchdown, getting done on the ground too, with two rushing touchdowns. How much do you think that time off, that time to just examine and look and study benefited Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 2: I think it benefited that a tremendous amount. Just being able to sit there and listen and watch and get hungry and get frustrated and work your craft and be able to push the reset button on everything and go out there and just play free. You know, what's the worst that can happen. They already said he's going to be named the starter for the the rest of the season, So now just go out there, let the ball fly, be confident, trust your reads. And it looks like he's a whole different quarterback. I mean, his completions, he's not overthrown as much as he was at the beginning. He was completing a lot more passes. Uh, He's not putting his body in danger as much. Obviously he took a hit when he ran that first touchdown in but he looks a lot more in command, a lot more accurate. His feet are under him. I think it benefited it.
Speaker 1: You talked about it so much paralysis by over analysis. I mean, these these younger quarterbacks, and you can speak to this way better than I can, but it seems like the more you think about a play, the less you are instinctive. And to me, it looked like he was just playing naturally, letting the letting the play come to him, as opposed to trying to force something. And if you see this down the stretch, I mean, this Indianapolis Colts team is still in the thick of things when it comes to the playoff race. If they can get hot.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean they play my Detroit Lions next week. I welcome Anthony Richardson, but we'll see. Let's go to the Minnesota Vikings. I know they played the Tennessee Titans today, but this team is now eight and two and Sam Darnold gets back on track a bit, throwing for two hundred and forty six yards two touchdowns. Richard, I know we talked about the Minnesota Vikings and they're fall off of the last couple of weeks. Like, how much do you believe in this team? Because this NFC North Division, I mean, they're dominating the league right now. The Minnesota Vikings are eight and two, the Green Bay Packers are seven and three, the Detroit Lions are nine to one. We're potentially seeing three teams to the North going into this playoffs. How much do you believe in the Minnesota Vikings, albeit against the Tennessee Titans today.
Speaker 2: I mean defense translates. And Andrew van de Ginko have two sacks in the game, He's got eight on the season. They're putting a lot of pressure on quarterbacks, They're getting a lot of turnovers. I think that translates, and they're gonna make it tough Offensively, they got a very competent coordinator and Kevin O'Connell well head coach coordinator. He calls a really great game and every time you talk to a defender who's gone against him, they talk about his creativity, the acumen. He has, the creativity within the game, you know, making plays look like other plays, but then having pretty much counters off of it. And so if they can get to the playoffs and they get the right matchup, I think they can do damage. And I think every team in the NFC North has that story if they can play well enough. This defense has a lot of unknown guys making huge plays and just fitting in this system like hand and glove. So yeah, I think this is gonna be a dangerous team down the stretch. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do during the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You witness the Eagles, I mean and the Commanders go at it, and it looked at the Commanders had control this game. They were playing the game the way they wanted to, slowing it down, letting the defense control the game, and then all of a sudden we saw Saquon takeover. Late in that game. Philadelphia looks like the real deal. I mean, if they can if they can put a full sixty minutes together weaken and week out, they look like a top contender in the NFC. What are your thoughts after being in Philly and witnessing their dominance late in that game against the Commanders.
Speaker 2: Well, I just don't, you know, it just don'sn't like the Commanders are quite there yet with the weapons offensively and defensively, just don't have the firepower they need to stop that offense. But I wasn't I didn't walk away really impressed with the Philadelphia Eagles offense. I walked away impressed with Takuon Barkley. But at times it just looked discombobulated, disconnected, and you look at it through through the first half and you're like, they have too many superstars, too much firepower to only have six points in the game. I'm not sure how this defense is getting stops. They don't have a ton of great corners. You know, Marshawn Lattimore wasn't playing in this game, and so you wonder why AJ Brown wasn't dominating. Devontae Smith wasn't really dominating in this game. And so that's the stuff that concerns me because if you run against a team with some real dogs in the secondary, some dogs on defense, and some some offensive firepower, I think they, you know, people pull away from them in a game like that. So I'm not quite ready to put them up there with the with the contenders. I'm not willing to put them up there with your Detroit Lions or or even the Minnesota Vikings. And you know, I think the Benefit Soda Vikings are more complete team than a Philadelphia Eagles, so I'm not I'm not quite sure where they fall in the hierarchy yet, but I need to see them play somebody like that and not start the way they did in this game.
Speaker 1: Well, Richard, this concludes our week eleven recap of the games. Guys, we really appreciate you tuning in weekend week out. I mean, make no mistake about it. We see your comments. Will we welcome all feedback, Richard, please sign us off, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys every week for joining us. Thank you for all the support, all the positive, all the negative as well. We appreciate you any attention, any feedback we can get. It's all love to us. You could be anywhere in the world getting your football information. But you're here with us and we appreciate it. Hit that's up button if you know the volume