Speaker 1: We made it a long summer without basketball, but now the NBA is back. Get in on all the basketball action with my partners at DraftKings, and right now all new customers who bet five dollars will instantly get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. So download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and sign up using.
Speaker 2: My promo code t b C. The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: If sports betting is not yet available in your state, don't worry.
Speaker 2: You can still join in.
Speaker 1: On all the fun with DraftKings Daily Fantasy and have a shot of winning cash process. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now new customers use my promo code TBC and betch just five dollars on any wager and get up to two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly. That's promo code t b C only at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club Morning, everybody's DEJNV just allowed charlamage. The guy we are the Breakfast Club Ess is still on maternity leave on the roads is feeling in it.
Speaker 2: And we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: The ladies and gentlemen here, I'm here, baby, I'm here frightening early.
Speaker 1: But first and foremost just said she wants that bottle signed. First and foremost she said, make sure fifth signs to bout what I told.
Speaker 4: If you just want to roll in something.
Speaker 5: You know what slowed her down this She would have already been in power if she was, because I've been.
Speaker 4: I don't tell me that she won't come back.
Speaker 3: Just what happened was like we had talked about doing something.
Speaker 4: It was a role.
Speaker 5: Actually, me and Mary had a project that was like the it was like the Brady Bugs. It's like a new urban version of it, and it had uh. I was just with her son and I saw that and I was like, yo, if she should play that, like we should put it in this thing, And then we had it. It was in development for a while. A lot of projects don't actually make it the television. A lot that one, specifically if fell apart, had a husband and wife write a team that we just couldn't get it over the water with the scripts.
Speaker 3: So that one, you know, we just went back to the joint.
Speaker 5: But but I had some things that I was looking to just for already, because like I watched people online and I see like they working and there's no real they're receiving, like they're trying to monetize the material that they putting out. But it's not a big Bay Day, like as big as it could be when they're on on.
Speaker 6: The show like Network TV.
Speaker 5: So I look and see it was really working because some of them stand out. They just just it just works out the gate like she was.
Speaker 3: One of them.
Speaker 7: Look at this ninety nine. I didn't even see this till just now. Good morning. Tell fifty. I love him and I'm still waiting for him.
Speaker 2: She SAIDs last night.
Speaker 1: Now, we got a lot of people coming this week, right, one of them, Kamala Harris, is checking in all these people on the list. The first thing she says, Man, fifty gonna be there tomorrow. YO, tell them, I said, was up, And I wish I could have seen them, have them record a video saying something to me or something.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck, man, I'm mad as a bitch. I'm not going to be there.
Speaker 6: So she need her job, she needs her drops. She went to signed.
Speaker 3: We got something to do some stuff for her.
Speaker 7: I think you get a lot of that because you you so accessible.
Speaker 4: Still, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Talked to her like I saw I saw working and I started DMO and was talking to her about it already like long before, because I was like, yo, no, this is it will fit perfect here. Just trying to place it in a big part instead of like a cameo or something was what held it out.
Speaker 4: You still got time, you got a lot of show.
Speaker 7: One of the things I always wanted to ask you, man, whyld Shreveport the destination spot for your studio.
Speaker 5: It was because they already had the infrastructure, like they had already had the taxing center of everything there to have a business be functional.
Speaker 3: Like if you think about like New York, LA, the students.
Speaker 5: Out here, they're paying fifty eight percent the taxes now, so if you was on the thirty nine percent, you're already going out of business. If you don't scale back, you're already going out of business. So a lot of them didn't make adjustments. In California, I'm buying equipment from their companies after the fire, bankruptcy Turk for cheap prices.
Speaker 3: Hey pennies on the dollar.
Speaker 1: Now break down Streetport because a lot of people have never been to Streetport. But you know, people say it's a very violent place. You know what look, but that weekend, that's a part of a.
Speaker 5: Reputation that we don't know because when we did, like the time that I did go that we had zero violence, you know what I mean for four days straight and I don't know, nobody is said that they didn't have a good time. And for me, look, I look, when I get into these podcasts, of course I'm gonna you know, I type in, I'm gonna get into the neighborhoods and make them understand what it means to the town, to the city itself if it goes.
Speaker 3: The right way, and then you don't have no violence. Now, a lot of times if people.
Speaker 5: Go there and they don't know where you're from, or what you're doing, or how in every neighborhood it's a little bit of it's an element there something going on there.
Speaker 3: And then when for there be nothing them.
Speaker 5: Was looked at it like I had to go to Louisiana to meet with the governor Jeff to talk about the taxes because they was talking about changing it and kind of carve out what I would need to be comfortable stand in that place because there's look at that point, so I mean I didn't have time. I spent We had ninety days, bro Like even though look at the car shows scenario, it was like.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: We hear a roadblock, I go, no, let's just do it anyway, Like, let's just do it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to make sure we had something for everybody.
Speaker 1: How much did you spend that that weekend? Because out of your own money? Yeah, because there was no you didn't have no, no huge sponsor, syst nothing like that.
Speaker 2: All out your pocket.
Speaker 1: You built the people don't understand what you did, and it's hard to describe it. Like you built your own club, you built your own car show, fit, gym, you brought your own restaurants, like you built a city in Treeport for that weekend, but.
Speaker 5: Just to show them what would happen, because then you get thirty five thousand people to come to the town. The tax, the hotel taxes where people staying in not only on this reports side, but the busures side. They raised the hotel prices when they see so many the demand for it. The flights went from two hundred and thirty nine dollars to twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Coach, Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And you're going, man, why I just can't leave it two hundred dollars leave it there because we need everybody to come, you know.
Speaker 3: But it almost was.
Speaker 5: It builds excitement when you when you do it the first time and it's successful like that. They showed out, like the people's report, not having any altercations or not doing anything. I think it also attributes to the morale of law enforcement because when they're being paid, like I was paying them THEMN in sixty five dollars an hour, so I had to put spend additional six hundred thousand. But they were in a good space, so they're not looking to arrest you.
Speaker 3: They're looking to keep everything cool.
Speaker 5: And I think that temper when when they when you for law enforcement, when they come out there like that, everybody chills out because it's like they're not even tripping while we tripping all or I don't.
Speaker 3: You don't want to prove nothing when everything's going smooth.
Speaker 4: So everybody got taken care of except a Hurricane Chris.
Speaker 6: All of that, and Hurricane Christill has something to say. I know you posted they need to.
Speaker 3: Try and sell a record, man.
Speaker 5: That's a part of our coach also, right, and and that publicity tried to build some noise to drop a record, and it didn't work because it's just like when the whole.
Speaker 3: Event and everything is positive and you come with.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna kill somebody energy and they go for what exactly for.
Speaker 3: For building the economy and the city that needs it.
Speaker 5: When you got that many people there understanding, the smartest people that's there looking go this food, just want clicks on the thing, like on on the machine, because you can't there's nothing the negative about it.
Speaker 3: You can't find a negative point.
Speaker 5: And that specifically, even I took away from hip hop and made a human harmony, made it the comedians, the comedy side, the things, let's laugh, let's love music, bro, you know what I'm saying. Instead of it being because that energy, if we bring that and then something happens, they go it was this that did it, you know, And and people assumed that we couldn't have a good time there, but you know obviously we did.
Speaker 4: And you had Louisiana artists there. Yeah, yeah, he was there.
Speaker 5: Look Fredo gets playing my rock like that kid, I don't. I don't play it like that was a thousand years ago. I was like, that was not that's not in my playlist, like you know, like these kids like Freddo looked.
Speaker 3: He was like, yo, I don't even know he I know the word for word.
Speaker 5: The songs because I'm listening to the music. You know what I'm saying, and it's it's I had a good time. Even if some of the other artists, real local artists, they got a.
Speaker 3: Chance to rock, you know what I mean. It's just he just was upset because he wasn't a part of that.
Speaker 1: Now when you look at some of these younger artists and you see how they idolize you and idolize your music, and then you see them get caught up. Yeah, do you have conversations with them? Like I remember Castanova and you was trying to talk to Castanova with Troy av and now little Dirk, do you have conversations with them and be like I've seen this play before.
Speaker 3: And even with Dirk, I was telling him, like when I had him, he was saying in New York, we did uh the power.
Speaker 6: That's first and last acting roll at this point.
Speaker 5: But we did the the uh not that the acting ro when were doing the theme song for Force, the Chicago version.
Speaker 3: Then like I was like, yo, this is this is done right, then it's real ship.
Speaker 5: Right. He's like yeah, And I said, yo, just watch him his crew because he said that, you know what I'm saying. And it's like, like I've always had that energy myself in the middle of everything that was going on.
Speaker 3: I'm not just watching. We know.
Speaker 5: Where was you at Thursday?
Speaker 3: If you got pulled up and you got in jail, why are.
Speaker 4: You not Damn did you ever have that though? I'm sure you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had guys.
Speaker 5: Look, I had a driver he got he was supposed to go from Vegas to meet me in Miami, and he got. He went into the airport with a.
Speaker 3: Ham on them.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, lawyer called me like two o'clock in the morning, says, you got rested this and I go oh, I said, he said, all right, to send the lawyer for him.
Speaker 3: I said, he a't.
Speaker 5: Gonna need a lawyer, gonna need bond the lawyer after that when you got priored, right, And then he called back and he says, no, no, he said this that he made the flight.
Speaker 3: He made the flight already got fired, felady. He made the flight. By the time we get in the car, I sat in the car.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm like, I said, motherfucker all the way to the hotel. We get there waiting on the sticker and tell me how the fuck you got on that plane? Then he go, yo, this this is, this is but he's so weirded out, like it's so it's energy. He didn't even know how to hey, like, what's up? Like as soon as get getting to the car, he didn't know how to do it. And don't let him drive you man, you know you got some funny bunness going on.
Speaker 3: You know what I say. You can't get.
Speaker 5: Picked up after you have rise and then they just let you go even with it permits. If you would not make the flight, there's no way he got He ended up on a flight. Me, he already had a handler for him to make the flight. You got to already have somebody can.
Speaker 2: Call being able to get him out.
Speaker 6: When you said that that, Dirk, what was his response to, you see you know what you see?
Speaker 5: Somebody just came to my house. How do you know exactly who? Address nobody like this? It's not because something happened.
Speaker 6: Robbery and Georgia. When his when India had went straight to talking about.
Speaker 7: That, what do you think it is about many men that resonate so much with this generation.
Speaker 5: I think that they know that the opposition mm hmm. They know who the other side is. Why, so they know when his cruise, there's a bunch of them over there. They all rock with each other. So if you a recognizable person on the other side, then they're already that top vibe. Start feeling like they all want me or they know that I'm a valuable piece over here, so if they hit me, then it'll create confusion over here.
Speaker 3: So they It resonates even in the drill culture.
Speaker 1: But you was able to see it early, right because you've always made early residency.
Speaker 2: I am not gang gang.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I do not like I do not like conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Keep both of those brothers away from me. I don't like neither one of those things. And these laws are designed to bring down the mafia bro Italian. Look when they say they reserve, they reserved the ability to to offer. Like when you think criminal crime in general, right when when I said the word organized, it means intelligence. That's why when I say organized crime, you only think of white Italian Americans.
Speaker 3: You don't think of triads, you don't think of Russians.
Speaker 5: You don't think of any other ethnicity, right, Serbians, none of that. And we put all of that in power because there's different versions of it of it that and we wanted to have it feel like the city feels like it's thirteen million people. It's a mountain pot of people here. Culturally, you want it to be as diverse as possible. So but when you do think about it, when they do say organize, it's saying smart criminal. If they have to point to a criminal, say smart, it's going to be a white Italian American. We are still in America. You see what I'm saying. They're not gonna call anybody all smart. They'll call you kingpin, they'll call you a gay leader, and they'll say massive amounts of money or message that they were brought in at those points.
Speaker 3: But they're not gonna call you smart. What did you say?
Speaker 4: They have even did that with meet When you think about.
Speaker 3: It, it was k yeah, yeah, yeah, You're not gonna say.
Speaker 2: What did you see early enough?
Speaker 5: That was like, nah, I just never seen anyone successful in a game ever in the history of gangs. I haven't seen success. So I join the sorority. That's the gag that.
Speaker 3: People who actually make it, you know, like join.
Speaker 5: Those kind of games. I'll do something that kind of gag.
Speaker 3: I'm with it.
Speaker 5: I joined if they let me those games, because they go into success and stay connected to each other and they feel like brotherly energy or they will do whatever for you because like that's my brother already, you know what I mean. Like but that I never seen anyone have successive games. And I look like it's so easy. You don't even have to be involved. All you gotta do is be aware.
Speaker 3: What you do.
Speaker 4: Say, g unit, I started my own game back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because the energy was there, Like I look the youth, the younger So, I mean, the younger dudes do not want to follow the older guy's path.
Speaker 3: They don't you recognize what you did then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but every money in Black History Month, that's February, my brother.
Speaker 3: You know you did that.
Speaker 5: That was a long time ago and they're out active now, so they don't want to follow that step. And when I start doing that, it brought the ability to do different things did around it. The older dudes already had that where they could send ahead or do different things, and that, you know, brought that to me.
Speaker 2: You mentioned you mentioned me. Have you spoken to me at all?
Speaker 5: I had a text message, conversations back and forth.
Speaker 3: Because he's in the halfway house.
Speaker 4: You think should be got a lot of things.
Speaker 3: He can do.
Speaker 5: Man, you might want to make a movie, he might want to do some different things where you know, because a lot of I understand how important real it's to our culture, right, But when you developing television, it's to find the best possible story you can.
Speaker 3: Find and then make up somethings.
Speaker 5: You got to make up things because your life in the second Charlomagne's life, So I immediately get a little lossuit when we get over there. This is what you understand, i'maying. So you got to change things around a little bit. And then that's the uh the series when when you see we see high notes, we see low notes, and at points it's when they do something that's like when we have a TV moment when it feels like completely real. And this is why it was important for me to get a little meets ready so he can go there because when you're watch it and it's good and then you go you know, that's the sun right And as a fun fact to the person.
Speaker 3: Who's watching with you.
Speaker 5: You feel like this it's got to be true because the sun is there, and this is and and that's a rarity. You probably won't ever see that again.
Speaker 7: You seem like the type of person too that don't like to stay in one place too long. So that's why I was shocked when I started residency announcement, because I feel like, you know, you a hustler, like you like to be moved, you like to be stationary.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations Week twenty seventh December twenty seventh, twenty eight to thirty if the thirty first January third January fourth at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino fifteen million.
Speaker 5: But just look at it, I may able to do things production wise because we don't got to take it apart and put it back together.
Speaker 3: Take it apart and put it back together.
Speaker 5: So I can build a set where I can do some tricks and different things that I could make the sell more entertaining.
Speaker 3: And I want to do that and then change.
Speaker 5: The set around because I kept, look, it's easy stuff that you I can play. It's gonna give a spot immediately, right, and then there's things that it hits that or records that I could have played in place of those songs that.
Speaker 3: Equally it's good.
Speaker 5: I just think that they are because I made the choice. I placed the other ones more often than the others.
Speaker 1: So what made you want to do the residency in Vegas? Because I mean, you just left the Final Lap Tour and before you told me that, were you surprised at the success of the Final Lap Tour because you haven't done a tour in a long time and that Recity country sold out?
Speaker 2: Were you surprised a by that?
Speaker 5: It was unique because that that tour, I didn't release the album before, and every other tour went on, I put out a.
Speaker 3: New record and it.
Speaker 5: Changed the show because I had to play some of those songs from the new record and then get to the hits that I already had gone. So that like this time, it was like they said, we don't strike as far as television is concerned. So I said, okay, I'm on tour having the ability to do things that the other guys that are producing stuff don't have, you know what I mean? And like for like when I communicate with Tyler, I tell him it's format, it's for us, by us, you know, And I'm able to create things without necessarily trying to service the Bible Belt at the same time that Tyler's original audience is that, so he keeps consistent themes going through his projects. And if you had as much success as he's had, why would you adjust it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Like mine's I use family drama in format. So if it's two brothers like Miech and Terry, the experiences is one way. I'll give another example of the Floorest Twins completely different, but the Mexican American version of Narcos, the English speaking version of Arkles.
Speaker 3: Get a chest off from that.
Speaker 6: They look like in Vegas.
Speaker 8: It's certain songs you can't do that you would do anywhere else because like the Vegas crowd is like mainstreaming people just coming through and all these different people, like you got to reserve a certain list because you got some stuff for the streets too that everybody loves.
Speaker 6: But Vegas is Vegas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's some stuff that I can.
Speaker 5: I can do anything I want because there what's the name, look I use I give myself an overall format for Shore and the theme is the dream a dream. So the sequences don't necessarily have to all make sense, but they have to tie together to make an experience, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's what the way I kind of built.
Speaker 5: The show out before I got everybody else involved in my creative around it, you know. But I want to take it up and not you'll see the set. Everything is kind of it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 6: You come back down upside down again? Are you done with you?
Speaker 3: I'm not let the upset down. It is over. I don't even know why I did that the first time.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize we were gonna have to rehearse for seven days, right, because I'm like, no, let's it look seven day the wait? I know the worst, Yes, I know the words. It's just not a new song. Why am I rehearsing? Why we rehearsing seven days straight? And it's really about getting everything onto the field and everything off the field fast enough and have everybody prepared to let's go, let's go, and then getting them into that.
Speaker 3: But there's it's an experience, man.
Speaker 5: I think when it's talking about whether Kendrick here's the guy right that we're doing it, but the I don't know if they know Drake turned it down a bunch of times.
Speaker 6: You really don't how many times like three times.
Speaker 3: You gotta pay for the super Bowl, you gotta pay for.
Speaker 6: The When was the last time he turned?
Speaker 3: Why would he need it?
Speaker 7: In the position I saw I saw Steve Stout say that, But then that defeats the whole jay Z's a hater narrative.
Speaker 5: Then I'm like, well, you gotta get that, give him that because that's his You're in that position, You're gonna have to feel like you want to be that guy. You want to be in the direct club who picks you get that hate? Okay, this is something.
Speaker 7: That they said because Yeo said that fifty I mean Jay hated on you too, like he didn't want Is.
Speaker 4: That true though?
Speaker 3: But it's not. It's not a big deal, you know what.
Speaker 4: The reason though, like what would he tell Dren?
Speaker 5: That's competing up being competitive and the music is getting past music itself with that, because I'm like, what was he What are you trying to do? You know, like, when you're not frequently making the music as as frequently? When's the last jay Z album? And when I'm not putting out music as often? But you the business parts haven't changed with our positions haven't changed the culture. So if you're now saying, Yo, now I want to give him this, because what do you mean if you look at the order the person that you would say didn't belong there, but you were probably like the game was upset? Right, He was upset because he was supposed to be there in his head, right, But who would you be upset?
Speaker 3: Is there in place of you? Who came after you? That was there? He never mentioned that.
Speaker 5: He had an issue with Ken Chindrick, right, and then later you see him in support of of.
Speaker 3: The Drake stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, why would you and Ja still have issues after all these years.
Speaker 3: I don't have issues, you know what my thing is?
Speaker 5: Look, I think in that point, yeah, he was hating because he was saying the NFL had an issue with me when i got eleven professional sports teams. Now that I'm an official champagne in kooniak of and where's the hate there? Like, I don't understand it, you know what I'm saying. Like, so you said that there was an issue. It's an issue because he was doing the program. He didn't want me to be in the show and wouldn't do it without me in the show.
Speaker 3: And then he made the adjustments.
Speaker 2: Which the last time y'all spoke.
Speaker 5: If you have spoke, it's been a while because our business is really they don't cross path and after the same thing, like when they're doing something else with the you know, rock Nation and stuff like that. We picked different things, right, prison reform and stuff like that, and to the desk they think, you know what I mean. I looked at the professional sports thing when I go in and saying it would give me the organizations that of the most influential organizations their childibord, so I can tap into that without having to work to create those organizations. Like I've always donated to other existing organizations, other non for profits and stuff like that throughout the years. When people think that it's about taxes, but it goes past the tax point, you know what I mean, like for youth programs and the entrepreneurship stuff that I did. And in Houston it made it a little more clearer. When I got there, they weren't registering me here because I'm already here and they got me as the first version of fifty cent and it was not adjustice, so they look at it that way, and then when they get to Houston, they're gonna wait, he's actively doing more than.
Speaker 3: The people from.
Speaker 5: Houston, and then it kind of gets them make it motivates them to do more, and then you start to see new things, you know, like I just raised the half million dollars for the children of of Houston and uh.
Speaker 3: Tillman the leader's organization out.
Speaker 2: There, they said, you were mad that you didn't get aybody to the white party.
Speaker 3: Was white party?
Speaker 2: That's why that you was beef Like.
Speaker 5: White parties are puffy originals. Those are puffy originals. Why why is the only white people? Why is only white good? Why is black bad? Like like if I want a black party, could I have a black party or all black party?
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 3: That's just it. All black guys and not touch each other's butt.
Speaker 6: The locks come from not the front on the back.
Speaker 5: Just just hug me regular from the front so I can know where you're at.
Speaker 3: All stuff has me like an unsure what you know?
Speaker 7: Speaking of that, there was a there was They said you wrote two verses for Diddy. One was the the let's get it and the other one was on the I get money. But they said you wrote it and him confessing the crime.
Speaker 3: Did you look at me? I ain't telling him to say that.
Speaker 9: And then this one, Jay help me with that.
Speaker 5: James did that part right shootout Coach to B I wasn't around, but.
Speaker 3: That was like that was and then comes out you know, I'm not involved in Yeah, we wrote.
Speaker 5: We collaborated and j we collaborated because there was the name that that part. There's certain things that he wanted to say, and Jay knew he wanted to insert it into the record, and then he would like, you put this in it, and he just because because his form, like his mind is formatted like that.
Speaker 3: Like what I mean is he can now like artist freestyle and freestyle and freestyles.
Speaker 5: And Jay remembers the idea in his head so he can just say it without writing it down. And then he's like, yo, he wanted to do it like this, and because it came out already ready, I'm like, put.
Speaker 3: It in there.
Speaker 5: That's what he said. Put that on and then said and got it from and he went into this part.
Speaker 7: I feel like you being who you are kept you away from all of that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: I really don't trust a lot of these people.
Speaker 5: I mean, like and then I was so so hot, Like it was clear I was under investigation.
Speaker 3: From the beginning early because I came in with other people.
Speaker 5: Jacket jacket came to Spring Teams jacket, and then it turned into Jimmy Henchman's jacket, and then it was World Jack. So I'm getting the law enforcement attention that they would be getting. And then if you don't feel that, you just retarded, you's something wrong. You're just not computing what's going on. Like at that point, I was telling him, I'm turning music out. Now, what did you say?
Speaker 3: I'm bringing your lips? Damn there? Okay, I understand what happened.
Speaker 7: Did you really offer twenty millions of dollars to not do TV interviews?
Speaker 3: I didn't want him do it.
Speaker 5: He always says some stuff I wouldn't say, like he's I don't know why he's doing it. It's not enough involved in it for him to have to say that.
Speaker 6: You know, you be calling him after like, yo, why did you?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're talking about that? What's wrot you?
Speaker 5: But anyway, you know, when you're not sexual assaulting nobody, that's stat your limitations around.
Speaker 3: Protect me, Charlotte at all costs. Protect me when you.
Speaker 1: Heard I don't know if you when you heard Fat Joe doing an interview the other day, and he said that, you know, Yayo is so loyal when y'all were beefing, he was he was trying to take Yao.
Speaker 3: Out do y'all laugh about that later on? Oh yeah, yeah, because look, you know that I wouldn't have been a bad move. It would have confused me. It would have confused me. It wouldn't have been a bad.
Speaker 5: Figure out what I'm gonna do now because he's been around forever, like, you know, he wouldn't you make a mistake, like he'll do it. And I know his apology means he'll go, Yo, my bad, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: He knows how to apologize.
Speaker 5: But really what he means is, yo, chill out, let me do that again. His apology means, chill out, let me do that again. You know.
Speaker 3: He's been doing that forever, Like is he is?
Speaker 1: He the one friend that it is like I wish he wasn't my friend, but he's my best type of person because he does that all the time.
Speaker 3: No, he is whatsh It wasn't my friends? Like it was a lot easy.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even have to go through my Jimmy Henchman period like that, Really was he is doing it.
Speaker 3: His feelings is in the right place, and what he.
Speaker 5: What he caused things, he escalated, he does and then it's like, I'm not gonna let you do that like that that forget about it.
Speaker 3: If you think you're just gonna do that, I'm not gonna respond to it.
Speaker 8: So very ghost in Tommy, I said, very ghost in Tommy is because.
Speaker 6: Because ghosting, I'll let you do do nothing to Tommy. But Tommy be causing things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're not even doing that.
Speaker 5: There's no cocaine, there's no drugs, it's nothing. You have to stop it, bro, you have to find other things to do. And he's getting older, you see. The things that he's saying is sometimes he's saying good stuff and then he.
Speaker 3: Goes back to to that zone.
Speaker 5: I don't know why, but for me, I don't like, there's so much other stuff to think to focus on. You know, I got a lot of positive things going on there. I'm like, yo, man, why you keep talking about that stuff.
Speaker 4: But he's a great storyteller though.
Speaker 3: He does his way in there.
Speaker 5: You you can't help it laugh at it when he's doing what he's saying it. But I'm like, damn, maybe I should upload him some new information.
Speaker 1: Say these things, bro, what do you tell the back to the reunion, Well, we get a reunion back to the residency, and yes, will be a g UNIT reunion.
Speaker 2: When that happened with Banks, Oh yeah, yo, No.
Speaker 3: I just look, I think I've exhausted myself with working for people.
Speaker 5: You can't see that. I do better when I focus on me and just work harder. Like when I I spent in that period, look in the environment, let me come out of it tells you the strongest the crue that you So I spent a lot of time building them up like pieces of sacrifice, even for game to make G Unit what it is. It feels like something that is stronger than one person or one artist. Right and then when you do that, you look, you look back and you go, wait, when they don't reciprocate the energy, you go, oh, you gotta figure out how to do it on your own now, Like Jay was Forster Rockefeller to do that from the beginning, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like like big his issues.
Speaker 5: You see, he was writing for Jamie Mafia for the other people, but he would leave it and not say anything because Puff already had the publisher. So just leave that over there. So it's you know, like that guy, you believe it there and I own your publisher. You wrote it perfect. Junior Mafia Publishing too. No, but that's why Junior Mafia Publishing was away from it. See they could write it and let it be under Jamie Mafia and then it be another asset of his versus it being something that's in the contract.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 7: You think there'll ever be another fifty cent g unit like run out of New York City or anywhere for that matter.
Speaker 3: I hope. So, like I think it's Nikki mhm right now. That's why I support Nikki.
Speaker 4: But it was but you had a whole crew. That's what made it so different.
Speaker 7: I mean, first of all, nobody had success like you had, but then having a whole crew that was successful as well.
Speaker 6: You think get as simple a crew.
Speaker 5: She can build it. Yeah, she can, definitely. They will and they'll listen to her. She's definitely her character.
Speaker 3: She's not vacant. That it is really that.
Speaker 5: She's stronger than a lot of dudes, just so she's been bumped around. So if there's when you get to agitated, she's gonna think you try a player and you go off.
Speaker 4: For useful designer at one time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could have got I would have got it if Findy wasn't around. I'm like that just whatever. He's always been. He's a character in our coach.
Speaker 5: He's always been around in it, like since he was there with Big. Yeah, I remember that before, like beginning, So when I said, I was like, I have to deal with this, and I didn't go after the.
Speaker 3: Right way because of.
Speaker 5: But it still went with it was supposed to the way it was supposed to do because when she got look in the beginning, it was comparing Kim because of the picture picture. But I think it was more like Foxy because she was in between two crews. She was with Gucci in them and then signed the Young Money Young Money.
Speaker 3: Like the firm. Yeah, and Foxy's relationship with.
Speaker 7: Jay Is there any other Everything happened the way it's supposed to happen.
Speaker 4: But that would have been ill with the original g in it.
Speaker 5: She would have she would have gobbled the rest of them all. There would have been no room for them be like this now Nikki is too big.
Speaker 3: You gotta go. I have no time for you. Look, we don't need anyone from the South why would we.
Speaker 2: Do that right? You know, changed the whole thing, like from south Side is you from there?
Speaker 3: Big a monster? That would have been too much to look.
Speaker 5: I would have been trying to facilitate things around her more than anything else at that point.
Speaker 3: Everybody else would have been.
Speaker 2: Nikki scrollot.
Speaker 8: But it seemed like when she tries to put it, especially the young female artists under her arm, it always goes back like her and Lotto her ice space, Like you be talking to her about that because that's the only thing about her sibling, the crew. I think she has to know how, but it just go bad for some reason all the time.
Speaker 3: It might not have to be girls like the girls, you know, women, it's different.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even get in that, like I like ice spicing them to I like the girls the other girls that wrap don't thin because I love Nikki. I don't like your music. I don't like your stuff. But what it is is they go, look.
Speaker 3: She got a really strong personality.
Speaker 5: If you're hanging around or associating with people that she don't kind of rock with okay, and she don't rock.
Speaker 3: With you, they kind of get weird.
Speaker 5: They get like that, and they socializing and just doing they will be doing too much for her to feel like comfortable with. So so I'm talking to you, am I talking to this person because you be talking to this person. Whenever a person's on the fence, we put them on the other side. Like if they're on the gate and they're uncertain with who side, they don't put them over there because it's dangerous. It's like you could go so you can say, oh, your girlfriend is here, I'm gonna go go holler at her, and you go there and you you're all out of pocket now because she's hanging around people that you don't hang out with and they got you all balanced, you know, So that that would be why you just assume that put them on all the side of things, like, I don't know other than that they are women too. So the girl shit going on caddy ship.
Speaker 6: You think you can make.
Speaker 4: You think you could have made some pop.
Speaker 3: Some of them failed. Some of the artists failed.
Speaker 5: That one that would have been one of the ones that didn't.
Speaker 3: Want idiot.
Speaker 2: Said that, man, you have serious, too.
Speaker 4: Serious question.
Speaker 1: Is there as an artist that that you had a chance to sign or you wish you could have signed and you didn't and you've seen huge success.
Speaker 2: Besides the Nick.
Speaker 5: Nicholas, the biggest one that got by the other artists, I've seen a lot of artists knew that they was gonna go before even what like the Top Top I'll tell you for TD, I was telling him that the Kendrick record, the water record, that's it, that's the one right there.
Speaker 3: Just go with him. He'll send me his new artists. Say you know, listen, just tell me.
Speaker 5: What you think about the guy, and then I'll listen to the records and give my feedback with I told him that, and sister, like I wrapped on that first record because I felt like that was going to go. Didn't pay me to do that, just like, nah, she's gonna go. And then later this is why I will the record, like, yo.
Speaker 2: Let me say, he's gonna get jump on it.
Speaker 5: Right se what you think because now because I listened to the record, and I'll go, yo, yeah, this is it right now, like what they would want to happen.
Speaker 7: Next, you said you haven't created music in a while because you said you got to tap into being stupid.
Speaker 5: Well, look at what's going on. It's easy to follow the trend of what works, like right now what's happening. But they're saying ship It's like, what are you supposed to do?
Speaker 3: As far as.
Speaker 5: Sexuality and music, It's turned into a whole nother You gotta just say it, just gotta say what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: It's almost porn rap. Yeah, but I think you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Like people wouldn't expect you to do that though, Like you can still do what you got a magic stick?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but banks was hard.
Speaker 5: But look, magic stick, candy shot. All these things you can say in front of the kids and them not have a different meaning.
Speaker 4: Oh got you got you got? You get what you're saying.
Speaker 5: You see what I'm saying, how you approach it and when you say in this wow, this is the new things are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 1: When you listen when you hear Omari doing interviews hard, do you feel like he's ungrateful for some of the moves and.
Speaker 3: Things that he leaves people feeling like he said it to me? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What I'm also point out the fact that when you don't have money, that I'll give you the money, like give him fifty sixty thousand dollars to say, yo, nah, just get back to me when you're ready, until you're comfortable and settle there. I don't believe, and we can't win consecutive championships. If the players are hunger, the team is hurting.
Speaker 3: Like that's the case, then you're going to we don't.
Speaker 5: They don't change financial thresholds of how people are being paid on these projects until you get the season three. We get the season three that it changed, so he can handle it. After that, then he didn't need the loans anymore at that point.
Speaker 3: But I did get I was.
Speaker 5: Talking about somebody else owe me money, and he just jumped out.
Speaker 8: There, Yeah, but so that but you said that was strategic because it kept his music going and he was able to pay you back. But though Mario Hardrick said, this is not no but o.
Speaker 5: Mari said, yeah, fifth kave me money. I didn't even say More's name. I was talking about Rotam.
Speaker 6: He thought you was talking about him.
Speaker 3: And he said that that I gave him the money.
Speaker 5: Well, Timmy, he I had did a deal with him and and I spent money on this project. Then he wanted to do something that was independent, and Afrobeast was in his popular as as now and he was going in a different tone of the music. And I'm like, I don't know about that right now, like the way, and I'm like, you know what, you could do, what you want to do, just have the You could pay me back in the royalties off for the mechanicals off of the music that you released moving forward, and you won't even feel it because it doesn't cost your marketing moving forward, everything that you do moving forward, it's not going to be a part.
Speaker 3: It's just later, I'll get the money back. And he recouped it. He did it to get it, but at that point.
Speaker 5: I said, Yo, Yo, you got even my money back, boy, And the people go, ohd shitty, oh fifth money, you know what I mean. And it stopped immediately, and it drew so much attention to it that the record stayed number one more more days than it would have been number one on the chart. And he knows that's so he'll go, Yo, he's a market the genius bro. Because I didn't know he said. He was calling me like, Yo, what's up with you on fifth? And I'm just going you need to make some noise around the record to have people feel like there's something about who you are that is interesting.
Speaker 3: About it.
Speaker 5: And then when he had more than when he heard heard my side of it, they wanted to hear what he had to say. Now when he said things back, they was like, oh, okay, now I understand what was what was happening. Now he finally is talking about it to make them understand why it stayed. But it carried over. It was it was something else happening. It there was making them interesting away from the song playing in a good position. But oh, when he says the stuff on the I think he overvalues himself, to be honest with you, because since then, it's been a long time since he hasn't been in power.
Speaker 3: Why are we not excited about the new projects?
Speaker 4: New project?
Speaker 5: It's new projects, That's what I'm talking about. That is exactly what I'm talking about. If there was noise going on, if it's that big of a drawer, then we will see noises.
Speaker 3: We see new things happening.
Speaker 5: We see you out where you actively are in a place where people are looking for you.
Speaker 6: So y'all not cool.
Speaker 5: It's no because you leave it like it's me not giving you the money. If he's saying it and he goingle Courtney in the fifty you're saying that they don't know who the fuck Courtney is.
Speaker 3: I introduced people to her.
Speaker 5: They don't know who she is, so you're leaving it for fifty didn't make sure I got paid when Mary, I tell you she got paid a lot of money on the show while she was there the whole I make sure that it was right. And then now you see my new book to accomplish I got to Raji, so to Raji will be the lead in that one.
Speaker 4: But that's already sold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm not wasting time at all. I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 2: You know, politics is coming up election? Is it true Donald Trump try to give you money to endorse some One time.
Speaker 3: I got a call over. They wanted me to Sunday.
Speaker 2: They wanted you.
Speaker 7: They wanted you to perform many men. They wanted you to perform many men at the RNC too, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's off me three million dollars.
Speaker 7: To perform at the RNC or this past Sunday, this past Sunday three million. And then they offered you money for the Republican National Convention too, right.
Speaker 4: He turned that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't even go far back. I wasn't talking to them about that. Ducuse, I'm afraid of politics. So you understand I do not like.
Speaker 3: Bang of politics. No gang bang no politics.
Speaker 5: You know it's because when you do get involved in it, no matter how you feel, someone passionately disagrees with you.
Speaker 6: That's everything is worse.
Speaker 5: But look, if you say I stay away from religion, I stayed with from politics religion.
Speaker 3: That's the formula for the confusion that is sent Kanye to Japan.
Speaker 5: He said something about both of those things, and now you can only go to Japan.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm like, I don't want to get in that.
Speaker 1: Man, like, we gotta let you go in the fifth because when they wrapping up, well, not only that, we got the vice president on the line.
Speaker 4: She's on the vice president.
Speaker 3: Left say Hi, why are you going to put me into this? Was cool speak No noo.
Speaker 8: And gentlemen, wait, wait, wait, do have another question before you leave the Okay, go ahead, I want to get in your says.
Speaker 6: I wanted to know Webb Jurnal.
Speaker 5: Lie, oh man, I'm glad, I'm ladies, and gentlemen's fifty cent.
Speaker 1: It's the breakfast Club, the morning wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club