Speaker 1: What ass up?
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club is odd wayt the Breakfast Club Envy and Charlomagne the voice of the culture.
Speaker 3: You then I'm gonna come here when this thing.
Speaker 4: See y'all different, y'all the culture it's different. You know what I'm saying? Like y'all know what y'all talking about. This is probably becoming the most prominent forum for HI.
Speaker 5: Problem being here next to all of you guys. It's really bu.
Speaker 6: It in perspective to the Breakfast Club, bitch, wake up?
Speaker 7: Is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 8: Way, whether you're man or bless, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 3: Call up now eight hundred and five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 7: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Hello. Who's this day?
Speaker 1: Got in Houston?
Speaker 9: Zach?
Speaker 7: Out of Houston? Man, Zach? What up? Man?
Speaker 9: Get you off your chest?
Speaker 10: Bro?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey? Charlemagne?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hey Yo, So I gotta yo'all got the kids run my thing?
Speaker 12: What's a eating?
Speaker 1: Because juice, crackers and strawberries.
Speaker 11: That's not it.
Speaker 7: That's your fault.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's your i'n.
Speaker 11: Man, I got the gray baby, he won't eat them.
Speaker 7: No, I keep telling y'all, when a kid get hungry, kid go eat anything, y'all. What happens is these kids start bucking back when they don't want something, and we bow down to him and give them what they want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you shouldn't give it your fun.
Speaker 13: You shouldn't give your child that many snacks. I tell all the parents out there. For my last daughter, My last daughter never really ate baby food. She ate like real fool.
Speaker 14: He did that.
Speaker 11: We eat it, We did the whole try to man, so you know, do all that he did it. He did good at first.
Speaker 9: But now, but like Charlot said, the baby gotta be eating something, y'all.
Speaker 13: Even giving that baby snacks, y'all, giving that baby crackers, ye'all giving.
Speaker 1: That eventually eventually, Hell, he I guess.
Speaker 7: Gott to starve him out. Gott to starve him out.
Speaker 13: Man, But try to find things that. Try to find things that the baby will eat. Like my daughter loves uh. And she's not even two years old. But my daughters like the little the chicken fingers that you could bake in the oven.
Speaker 7: No, man, y'all want a chicken fingers these kids. My daughter loves that chicken fingers. Ain't no better than this stuff. Y'all talking about chicken fingers.
Speaker 9: But that's better than crackers and strawberries.
Speaker 7: I don't know if it is. Actually yes, it is. Man, he says, chicken fingers over fresh strawberries.
Speaker 9: Well, well it's not processed.
Speaker 7: What is it? Then chicken breast, white chicken breast, not process you said chicken fingers, Well not they the chicken breast, A chicken breast is different.
Speaker 13: It's not chicken fingers from you know, from a fast food place. But I would try that. Also, my child likes things like rice, macaroni and cheese.
Speaker 9: And then I throwing my child.
Speaker 7: Love broccoli, and y'all sound crazy, y'all like my kids like food, that's all you're saying.
Speaker 13: Not because not food, because if you got a picky kid, like you know, I got to add picky kids that like you said, well only eat strawberries and some about strawberries that the kids like strawberries bananas, But that's good, but make meat more fruit, but they need a little more subs.
Speaker 9: They need a little more meat pulls.
Speaker 7: Fruit is good, strawberries bananas is good, but they need some meat too. Some pro team can process team that's killing our kids, killing us too, God dammit.
Speaker 1: All right, well I'm gonna try some of that.
Speaker 11: Hey, but can I get a bullet ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I got you. Hold on okay, they actually send it to you this time. You have me lying to the people. Hold on, all right. I got black and fact hats here. I got all types of books. I got my own book, shook one. I got to be a Mallory state of emergency. I need a copax shallow waters. But you know, the producers gott to send them out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, real love, real life, real love is said too, hellout? Who's this?
Speaker 11: This is Blake?
Speaker 7: Blake?
Speaker 9: What up? Getting off your chest?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 11: Look here? What I don't know if y'all remember what y'all was doing in nineteen ninety three? No, well, Jules whin the third nineteen ninety three, I met this woman and we were, uh, we fell in love. But I wanted to be a hot boy.
Speaker 7: I ran off. How old are you? Old were you? How old were you in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 11: I was eighteen?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, he was sixteen.
Speaker 13: Come on, get to the story. Now you're forty, Now you're forty eight?
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 11: So thirty years to the day that we've met, that's when we went and lived our lives, you know, mature on other people's hands. We got married, Okay, on the day that we met thirty years later.
Speaker 7: That's amazing.
Speaker 9: Brother, Congratulations King, shout your queen out.
Speaker 11: I want to shut out my beautiful, beautiful wife. Still a game, and I try, I try to call out a day. Uh, but I got shut down. But that's a letter, a letter thing. But I just wanted to get that out there.
Speaker 7: When you say that your grill, when you say you got sat down, you went to jail.
Speaker 13: No no, he said he got shut Yo.
Speaker 11: No, I didn't go to jail. I just I wasn't mature enough to handle no more. Oh, I got your card, got you, Doug, Jill. I want I want to be a pample clayub Well.
Speaker 7: I'm glad you grew up. Yeah. I was fifteen and nineteen ninety three. I don't remember anything from nineteen ninety three. I'm sitting there trying to think like nineteen ninety three specifically, No, fifteen, I can't recall much.
Speaker 13: Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 9: If you need to hit us up. Now, it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 9: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 1: Listen the boy big tone aka Chucking from the DNB planeum status in the building all day, every day?
Speaker 7: Whatever, big go doing? You said, big toad, big tone.
Speaker 1: Big big tone, big plannel statuds all day.
Speaker 7: Hey, what's your status now? Big tone? They said?
Speaker 9: They said you are you are a handicapped?
Speaker 16: Yeah, something that I.
Speaker 1: Have to use the word handy because technical terms. But I like this. I like to be to myself as.
Speaker 16: Mankind it because I've been through this.
Speaker 1: Sty But it's a unique situation. What is I have most eurosis and part the sin and diabetes and have the pressure. But the thing about it, I don't look at myself as a disabled handicap person. I look at myself as a person that's injured and want to roll to beau back And now I've been on him a few times. If y'all be winding a few back in the day, they've I remember, I don't say back in the day y'all have to excuse my my stutter and the speech.
Speaker 7: It's all good. Good, we're sending you healing and andy man, it's all good. What's happening, We're here with you. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Okay? When once I started talking, I think, y'all what I remember? Hey, d the heavy Yes, sir, I'm I'm coming at you first. Bro, you've been.
Speaker 16: I mean, I'm trying to sell you.
Speaker 1: The fighting and determinations me. It's gonna push me more and more. One morning I called.
Speaker 16: Y'all and I was really on my you know, hey, hey, tried your luck, your luck.
Speaker 1: I asked you, did you have an old.
Speaker 16: These day turntable if you don't use anymore? And right at that point, Sean.
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, djok, y'all old.
Speaker 16: Getting from and you just say, you know, I mean, I took it like a champ on the chain. But I could have been somebody who was just like, we're looking up to you like man.
Speaker 1: That could have made somebody hold life.
Speaker 12: This.
Speaker 7: Are you saying that you want envy to give you an old turntable that I don't have.
Speaker 16: No, no, no, no, it's not about giving me stuff. It's about just understanding. You never know what that person could have been. I could have been somebody else who would down and just had no.
Speaker 1: Type of hope or nothing that could have made somebody life.
Speaker 7: I keep telling him, you stop hanging up on people. I don't know why he does that to people all the time.
Speaker 9: On nobody but you.
Speaker 13: You You asked me for something that I don't have that I can't give you if I if I had an old turntable to tech me twelve one is.
Speaker 7: That I want to keep cutting them off. You won't even let them talk, be right, And to think about.
Speaker 16: It and think about I know some trouble real fast, slow down.
Speaker 1: To think about is that like when when people come on the.
Speaker 16: Radio, you're getting on time, flame up, like you got forty five seconds off your tip.
Speaker 7: Well, actually we do. We we actually we would think that y'all would have the courtesy to know we can't talk to you all for five minutes and this is going two minutes two minutes.
Speaker 1: YEA say that I never said that, But to think about it, and.
Speaker 16: The main thing why I want to call.
Speaker 1: Him today is that because of me, I just wanted to get.
Speaker 16: That over my test real quick.
Speaker 1: But to the point I keep hearing everybody keeps talking about it.
Speaker 16: And just as.
Speaker 13: You got another subject to discussion, that's two thirty real quick, quick, you've been on two minutes thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, hey, real quick. Hey. I don't care what y'all doing out there this morning.
Speaker 16: Ladies and gentlemen, boys, the girls ages.
Speaker 1: Do set up for somebody that you know will have nobody to do it for him. I agree, it's getting to the case of water.
Speaker 7: I like that. I like that's a good challenge. Okay, period pop stop stop pop and drop it. Listen, period bong. That's a good challenge. Do something for somebody today. A random act of crime, that's what you're saying. Hey man, that's going with all right, my brother, have a good yes, sir, all right, love you brother, Yes, sir, I see you tomorrow. Finished, Yes, sir, keep going, beast king, have a blessed day. See what I'm saying. See another thing. Black people don't know how to do leave don't know how to get a cool.
Speaker 13: Last time and he said if I had a turntable, I don't have a turn table.
Speaker 9: Then he got mad because I ain't give a turn table.
Speaker 15: I don't have.
Speaker 7: Well, he challenged everybody to doing random act of condess. I'm all for that foot through my guy Racconia out in Cleveland. He's been doing random act of conness for a long time, doing random act of condess for somebody today.
Speaker 13: Man, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one on five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: Morning.
Speaker 9: Everybody is Steve j n V Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: We got a special guest in the building, the legend subject the entertainer.
Speaker 9: Welcome brother, what's up?
Speaker 7: Good morning? Good morning man, how y'all doing? We blessed Black and Holly favorite. How you feeling man? Man, it's been a good day. Man.
Speaker 8: We you know, we open up the books doing well. So I'm excited, man. Always great to be in the city. It was so much going on.
Speaker 3: It was a lot.
Speaker 8: I was trying to you know how you keep trying to go home and everybody call you like, hey man, you just stuff.
Speaker 9: Through here, come a birthday party?
Speaker 7: Yeah? How many offics you bring with you? Said it? Because you stayed here.
Speaker 8: This was I had to be very specific on this, but I think I brought about six outfits and uh, you know, and then I only wore four of them, so I got to I go home with two outfits that I could just finish the week out with on something like oh I'm still.
Speaker 7: French six office for how many days?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 7: Three days? Christ?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you like like you're appearing on TV and stuff, so you don't really know, Like, all right, I wore that all day and then if I go out to night, I don't want people go like I saw you this morning, that was the night you got the same shirt, Like maybe, but you know what I mean, I I don't have to do it like girls really have to change a lot, you know what I mean. But you know, guys were not really required to like flip out o fits that much, but nowadays it is a fa world, right, everybody the trip is Yeah, they.
Speaker 7: See you all the time. Yeah exactly. Yeah. Well, you got the Flipping Box Cars book out man, and I love that you flexing different creative muscles writing fiction novels. Yeah, that's about flipping box cars. What made you want to write a fiction novel? You know what? You know?
Speaker 8: I was, you know, really hearing stories about my grandfather, but you know, he had passed before I was even born, so you know, like we will hear things about our relatives and.
Speaker 3: Then you started to get the lore of the family story.
Speaker 8: And that's what I did, Like I started to like really fictionalize what his life was like, and so you know he was These were real things you know that I hear from my mother and my uncles that you know, he was a businessman. You know, he was like a you know, the the facto mayor of the black side of town, this.
Speaker 3: Little small town.
Speaker 8: And then you know, but at night he was a bootlegger and a gambler and a hustler, and he always being creative. And so I just kind of put those two worlds together that showed them being like this loving grand this loving father and husband. And then he had to go and do what he had to do to make, you know, make his dreams come true. So he gets caught up in the capers and like a crime caper where he's got to take this booth the liquor from a train, so that's the box car trains, and then he does the dice with the two sixes.
Speaker 3: There's a box cards too, so that's why he flipping box cards.
Speaker 7: But that's the most important thing about the book, right, the dynamic, because that is the black struggle in a lot of ways. The fact that, yeah, I'm a family man and I'm trying to do all of this for my family, but I gotta go out there and get it by any means necessary. Sometimes don't make me a bad person, that's right.
Speaker 8: I mean, we all, you know, especially black men, we gonna always relegate it to that. I mean, even when we think about the people like making in the music business whatever, most of us have that other pass where they was like street dudes, but we never saw them as that way. Like we just appreciate that they had great artists and they did what they gotta do. And so you think about post World War two, pre civil rights, you know, black man. That's what I love the story is that he had traveled, he had been in the world, and then you come back to a pre civil rights America. You just can't be put back in the same box. You know, once you left, you can't tell me I can't.
Speaker 7: Come through the front door.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 8: I've been living in France for six months, you know, I've been doing this. We've been fighting in the war for the whole country. You know, tell me I got to go through the back, like I don't. You know, So these kind of guys, they had that wheel to one to want to be great without but being relegated to the racism of the time.
Speaker 13: You know, Now, did you write this during the pandemic? Because yeah, where do you have time? When do you have time to write a book?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's when it got That's when it started, for sure.
Speaker 8: It took like two years we did that and uh yeah, we started it in late twenty nineteen and then you know, went through all the drafts and then you know, then you time it out when you want to release this.
Speaker 9: What gave you the idea to do it?
Speaker 13: Because it's like between comedy at the time, writing, acting and everything that you were doing. When did you say, you know what it's time for book? Was it sitting at home doing nothing? Was like I got I got something to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 8: The thing was is that you know, like I've been developing TV shows where we've been producing a lot of shows, my shows, the Johnson on Bounce, and so I was developing this as a TV idea when I first started and so you know when you started thinking about like then we had the opportunity to write a book, and I was like, oh, that'd be so much more fun to have that long form develop the characters out, not to think about it in episodic ways where you got.
Speaker 3: To like end the episode and then take you to the next.
Speaker 8: Here, I just introduced you to the characters, let the world live, and then hopefully people love it, Like even the way I ended this guy like three cliffhangers, so it's like, you know, you definitely want people to be like what happened to the story?
Speaker 3: So you know, I loving it.
Speaker 8: I liking it to Walter, to Moseley, there's you know, the easy Rollins characters, the devil in the blue dress. I love that world, and that's what we you know, I just kind of try to emulate that feel.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 7: When it comes to storytelling, for you, what's the best way to tell a story? Stand up movies, TV? Are writing fictional novel you know.
Speaker 3: I mean this book was really a great experience.
Speaker 8: I've never really you know, done a fictional novel, and I mean the idea and what it took and the way it turned out in my opinion. I like love this book. I love the process. I love telling people you know about it. Even when I did the audio book, that's when I really recognized, like, this is this book dope like I was because I had to you know, hear it back for the first time myself, and then last night you over knew it. These kids they took an excerpt and acted it out like on stage.
Speaker 3: That also brought it to life.
Speaker 8: That was something very unique, like they made a stage play out of a out of excerpt about the book. So you know, I want, I think I want to do stuff like that. And when I as I'm promoting it, it's get people to understand, like what the book is really all about. So we ain't got great readers, you know anymore people love they audio books, you know, which is dope, I think. But I definitely want to encourage people to go and read this and check it out. It's a cool adventure, tells a great story, you follow it. Characters are rich, is interesting, all.
Speaker 13: Right, we got more subject and entertainer when we come back.
Speaker 9: Don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Hey, everybody's DJ Nvy Charlamagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club is still kicking it with subject to entertaining his new flipping box cars is out right now.
Speaker 7: You say you don't gamble, right, So was it a bad experience you had rolling dice back in the day.
Speaker 8: Oh man, You know what, most of the times it's a bad experience.
Speaker 7: Like most of the times.
Speaker 8: Most of the times it's just like, you know, hey, here you go, hear some money.
Speaker 3: You know, you get to play for a little bit.
Speaker 8: I'd have some great roles, you know, you get you start playing with gamblers and you recognize like, oh, I can't even keep up, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You going there, like I can't play like that.
Speaker 8: But it was just one of these things that for me the odds and put my money on something that felt like I'm just waiting on a whim.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I do that on a lot of the tickets. When it's a being, that's it.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna do that twenty dollars at a time, that's right. And if I hit a billion, then I'm good. But if I don't, then it was twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: But I'm not. You're ready to throw five grand on on the craps table.
Speaker 7: That's not me.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 7: How many names did you have to change to protect the guilty in this book?
Speaker 3: Oh a lot, a lot. I definitely chet.
Speaker 8: I kept my grandfather and then pretty much and my grandmother's name, but then everybody else that kind of changed.
Speaker 3: You know, especially you like other relatives.
Speaker 7: That you know in there.
Speaker 8: I even like changed who they were because I have other relatives in here that are represented, but that's not what their personalities were. I just needed to change and get some texture and make characters feel different. But you know, even the character that plays his brother in law in real life, they was they was two peas in a pod and so but I couldn't make they would have felt like the same person in the book.
Speaker 3: So I made them something totally different.
Speaker 7: Now, family gonna be coming to you after you for money, Like you wrote this about granddaddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Know, I mean it's one of these things that's funny. It's funny there, Yeah, but it is like it is a family thing, luckily for me. Like my sister was rocking with me the whole time, and she's like that protector of me.
Speaker 3: Like if anybody come for me, my sister gonna hold it down.
Speaker 8: She's like, nah, school back, you know so, but normally it says, you know this, this was a creative process. This was something that me having an idea. It's out about the family per se. It's a story where it was like, this was an opportunity that I had, and so I'll try to take care of people though, like my uncle will helped me like a lot, and make sure that he gets gets you know, get some stuff off this book. My sister, people who like really help me out. You know, I think that that's uh, you know, it's it's only fair to make sure that they get you know, know that they love get acknowledged is not just acknowledged in the book, but you know, monetarily too.
Speaker 7: But because you've been getting money, Yeah, you've been doing well for a long time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely know how to say no, Like I could say nah, like nah I do past no.
Speaker 7: No, that's what is emphatic.
Speaker 8: You're like, okay, but let me nah you know, but but no, but definitely, you know, like it is one of those things where you know, I used to have like a whole fund for the family was a very specific number every year you put it in there.
Speaker 3: That's what's over there, twenty five grand every year.
Speaker 8: But people can get it, you know, like they would, but they have to deal my sister, so like you had to figure it out.
Speaker 7: But that's smart.
Speaker 8: But but twenty five grand, whatever it is, you can go over there, you can qualify for it, and.
Speaker 3: Not all it was well, I mean, yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 8: You know, I ain't going for the nonsense like like you I want to go to Beyonce said, you know, let me get not getting it for that, but you know, you make you need school money.
Speaker 7: You got this, you got you got it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna lose the house.
Speaker 8: You know, you can go in there and get that money, like some of it, not all of them, not one person get all of it.
Speaker 7: When did it stop?
Speaker 3: I don't even remember, man, But I just one day I just wasn't it was just hopeful.
Speaker 7: I ain't doing it no more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just like, I'm good.
Speaker 7: People heard one too many nods and they knew not to ask you no more.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I think, you know, I think it started getting to the point where people wanted the bigger, bigger checks. You know, some people just come in and literally felt like the whole twenty five was theirs. You know, you get certain relatives that they they closer to you and they just come and they want they don't even want to be in the group no more. They like, you know, I got my own twenty five. You do that for them, but you know, pay for my house?
Speaker 7: Do you see you growing? He'd be like, you want to see me? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Boy, you've seen the news.
Speaker 7: You seen the new trucks, right, yeah I did?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah.
Speaker 7: That's crazy. Ye ain't even that much.
Speaker 3: They ain't even that much with guitars on there and stuff.
Speaker 7: Mine my car just broke down. Yeah, wow, kids walk Yeah, that's crazy. Praise for you. Yeah, they're gonna work it man.
Speaker 13: Entertaining new flipping the box cars out right now, make sure you pick it.
Speaker 3: Up there, oh lady man much love y'all.
Speaker 9: It's segregated. Tainis the breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Uh huh the breakfast Club. Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 9: Everybody, n V charlama the guy. We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 13: Now if you just joined us. A caller called early this morning during Get It Off your Chest and was upset because she said a coworker ate her food. Let's listen, how about.
Speaker 14: My coworker ate my food and I'm so much.
Speaker 1: I'm like you big, that didn't it helpful? Why you eat my food?
Speaker 7: Backup, dancers, she said, yeah, backup.
Speaker 9: Damn.
Speaker 1: What she eats. Okay, look, don't judge me because I'm from the South.
Speaker 14: But I had some peee the one of the jar.
Speaker 11: But I like it because to stawti some peafee.
Speaker 17: Okay, yeah, my daddy got some big peefee right now, right now.
Speaker 14: But I had like some fruit on the side for published.
Speaker 9: You have fo on the side of bars.
Speaker 13: So we're asking eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one has this ever happened to you?
Speaker 17: I have literally never had this problem. But I think it's because I like food that people don't eat. I like Brussels sprouts and spay.
Speaker 7: Is healthy stuff DT. When you work at black radio States is just eat healthy. Nobody will touch your food.
Speaker 17: Fat complete facts. My food stays in there, all my fruit being there. I've left yogurt at the radio station for a month and forgot it was there still there.
Speaker 18: Really, nobody touches my food.
Speaker 5: So I mean, really, just eat healthy and you'll be fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I've never had this problem because I don't never bring my food to work, like, I would never do anything like that, just simply because I don't trust people like that. I don't trust nobody to have you know, some food in a tougher were sitting in a refrigerator somewhere. I just think people are nasty, you know what I mean. People might put boggers in your food.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just definite just the way my mind works, so I don't never do stuff like that.
Speaker 13: I drink my waters up in my sparkling waters. They take our alcohol up here before all the time. Oh yeah, they definitely take Yeah, they definitely take our alcohol. That's why we started putting ink in the bottle sometimes. You know, it was crazy. Remember that time we had we had a fake bottle of Hennessy.
Speaker 7: Right, it was like a mock bottle that somebody bought up here, just put display. They drink that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And first of all, it wasn't supposed to be open to they damn they had to call it open and.
Speaker 9: Get it open.
Speaker 7: It's not supposed to open. That's when I knew Negroes was different. That's when I knew you can't keep a negro from drinking Kanya because they want.
Speaker 9: To drink kanyak, and they drink, they drink at least after.
Speaker 7: Buy half the bottom. I'm like, did y'all realize this wasn't real?
Speaker 5: They said, it's weak, Let me just keep drinking.
Speaker 13: It's let's let's go to the phone line.
Speaker 7: Let me see what we got on the line. We got a city on the line.
Speaker 13: Now, City, Yeah, you a sucker for this city telling people what you did.
Speaker 12: Bro Listen, all right, if the petty was sitting in the fridge for about two weeks, all right, I knew that. Sure he wasn't gonna drink it. He's a super health conscious person. And I'm not so I'm like, you know what, but I'm gonna take it upon myself. I drunk that drunk that pett and everything's all good.
Speaker 13: So city drank his coworker's food. And they've been asking the city been lying the whole time.
Speaker 12: I mean, allegedly, I'm not gonna lie. Man.
Speaker 7: People that do stuff like that, I be hoping they get sick. I be hoping somebody, you.
Speaker 12: Know, listen, listen, listen. Okay, he's a health conscious though, I am doing my home. She really didn't want that and I'm not at all.
Speaker 7: She might have been having a cheap day. Man, this guy's fine. Man, forget you city?
Speaker 9: Hello, Dre?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 16: Are you doing now?
Speaker 9: This happened to you? What what they take from you?
Speaker 7: Dre?
Speaker 11: Girls?
Speaker 1: Spaghetti?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 11: She had made that boy the last night, my previous night before that.
Speaker 18: I know they not sublling.
Speaker 5: You don't never eat nobody's forgetting.
Speaker 11: I love the way my girl be thinking that.
Speaker 1: You know, she was whipping up for me in.
Speaker 7: My Now, what if your girl to little d point, what if your girl put a little something extra in there? You know what I'm saying just to you know, have you thinking about her all the time? A little bit of that little mistery all the time? All okay, all right, okaymember, I like it.
Speaker 5: That's beautiful.
Speaker 7: They definitely man.
Speaker 1: I love my girl.
Speaker 16: Man, I love my girl.
Speaker 1: She loves me.
Speaker 7: Somebody else clearly love her now too, then, because that's wasn't meant for them, it was meant for you.
Speaker 13: That is discussed all right. Hey, we got asked on the line, Ashley. Yeah, now, Astley, you are the person that eats people food.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so I give you forty eight hours and if it's still there, I'm going to tell you I'm gonna eat it if it's there tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Why you're so greedy?
Speaker 14: I'm just lazy. I don't never bring much to work, and I work at the hospitals. You work along your hour.
Speaker 5: See what you're not eat it?
Speaker 17: You're not that lasty because you wait forty eight hours before you eat it. So you put yourself on a time limit to wait to see sure you have enough time to go out before you eat their food.
Speaker 5: You could just when it got food in forty eight hours. You didn't start for two days.
Speaker 11: No, why are you even day?
Speaker 14: And they don't eat everybody can't eat everybody.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 9: If somebody ate my food, I would set you up the second time.
Speaker 13: I put some some kind of diarrhea thing in there, and you would be isshing all day.
Speaker 14: Long, were fighting because why would you do that?
Speaker 9: Why would you food?
Speaker 6: They need to do a first forty eight movie about you, okay, and how you're just greedy In the first forty eight hours, your greedy ass couldn't avoid somebody else's hamburger.
Speaker 7: You should be ashamed of yourself. Goodbyas how you gonna be mad at me because I poison my food because you keep eating it without permission. That's my whole thing. You know it's not yours. When you open that refrigerator, you know it's not yours. And if somebody's bringing food to work, they probably either on a dietary routine or they trying to save money. So when you do that to that person, you take your money out of that person's pocket. You're messing up that person's routine. You deserve whatever you get for that, man.
Speaker 13: And I don't know why you play with people food. That's one thing I ain't playing with. You don't know how that cool that that food is cooked, eat on the how it's prepared. You don't know nothing about that food. Youn't know how long it's been there.
Speaker 3: It might be old.
Speaker 7: And still I ain't messing with people's food, that's right.
Speaker 13: Just like in my fridge, we got a strict rule, like you don't eat people's food in the crib, like, don't eat people's food.
Speaker 7: And I tell you something else, man, especially after Christmas is Thanksgiving. As a person who you know, you know, I do believe in you know, roots and voodoo and black magic. Yep, somebody might put a whammy on somebody else's food that's right here, and your dumb ass going in there thinking you being click eating it now look coughing up a frog that wasn't even meant.
Speaker 5: For you, but it was in ever for two weeks. Do they really want it?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Just the Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club. More than everybody.
Speaker 13: It's DJ MV CHARLAMAGNEA God, just hilarious. We are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guest in the.
Speaker 9: Building, Icon Living.
Speaker 13: This album is out today, The Love Album of the Grid Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 9: Diddy Suck. Come on shout John Shure, John, I got a bunch of eg.
Speaker 19: What's up feeling I'm feeling beautiful, feeling like extremely blessed, especially today the album's coming out.
Speaker 4: Being able to.
Speaker 19: Just make music man for thirty years, thirty years, thirty like ah, I feel, it's just just very blessing filled with the spirits.
Speaker 9: So good morning to all. God bless your morning.
Speaker 7: You tell you something, al thank you very much. It's very very, very very proper. I was telling them that.
Speaker 13: What made you jump back into music with everything amazing, from Revolt to the liquor to everything. What says, I want to get back on the road, back to touring, Yes, back to making music.
Speaker 9: What put you back into that mind frame?
Speaker 19: The thing that got me into it, which was the love when I when I started making music, I didn't make music okay, like this is a hustle to make money. I did what I felt, you know, and I did like just what I loved. I say to people now, it's not about streams for me, I don't want streams. I want souls. I want to give you that feeling that's missing. There is a feeling missing. We are in a dog frequency. I'm blessed to be able to purposely I try to push my life up into a higher frequency.
Speaker 4: I could walk in the room and let us all be.
Speaker 19: Down, or I could I could push yourself you know what I'm saying, or whatever it is, or if you want to frown at me, I could give you a smile and a hug.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And so it's like, you know, to be able to have the power that's your music.
Speaker 4: All of my records like kind of make you feel good.
Speaker 19: People say, like when I see your records makes me want to do the dance with my shoulders. But it makes you smile too, you know what I'm saying, And that right there was the purpose. And so for me, returning back to music was more a self love decision. You get it to a point in your life where where you have to decide, like, Okay, what do I want to do that makes me happy? And what really makes me happy is my art making music.
Speaker 20: So stepping away from music for seventeen years, it didn't make you nervous a little bit without those new artists and all that stuff.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. I don't really get nervous. I live in a real fearless zone, you know what I'm saying. Stepping back into it, I'm real confident on like me being a producer.
Speaker 4: I don't make beats, you know what I'm saying. Like I produce, you.
Speaker 7: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: But crazy part about it, I don't playing any instruments. I don't program the sounds that I hear in my head. I know how to really explain what's the frequency that I want. Me getting back into it, I felt like Jordan getting back into basketball, as far as making R and B, as far as like making hip hop, soul and all the different you know, the sounds that I have. So when I came back into it, I came back into it it really really excited because I knew I was ready to step back into what they call a full full circle.
Speaker 4: So I went back into like Puffy the producer.
Speaker 19: Just like the first time you may have had two turntables and the first time you learned your first dance or whatever you told your first joke, you know what I'm saying. It returned me back to that like a And so my first record I produced was Come and Talk to Me by Joeys the Remix.
Speaker 9: And so when I started.
Speaker 19: Making these records, it was feeling like that I had to return like back to the basement, the basement producer, and it was just me and there and just I'm an orchestrator, so I hear all sounds. I hear all sounds from the vocal, how the vocal should be presented. It's like being a director of a movie.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I may not be in there actually doing the scene, but I'm directing the movie. And I have a special talent as far as directing sonics in the way something is It's almost like even Quincy Jones.
Speaker 9: Quincy Jones is more of an orchestrator.
Speaker 19: All of the live musicians and everything he did, he didn't go and play every instrument that was the drum machine at that point. Erry Gordy was an orchestrator. So I come from more of a producer experience like that. So when I'm in there with a Mary J. Blige, you I'm in there with a week and I have something to say, I'm not just watching them do ey thing. I'm not sending it over. But if I'm in the studio actually creating and molding and shaping the sonic sound. And so my thing has always been collaboration. But my sound, no matter what producers I work with, my sound sounds like my sound. When you hear it, it sounds exactly like my sound. But I've just been a little bit more open about no one man can do everything. Every last producer has had a team, you know, Motown had the Funk Brothers, I've had the Hitman and so a lot of times people don't, you know, don't believe that I could actually be good at this many things. That's why I have the receipts I've been filming myself since I was nineteen years old. You see me in the studio producing with people, and you know, I don't have nothing to prove to anybody that says anything but the feeling that I've given you for over thirty years, given your mama this feeling, and I've given it to you and.
Speaker 4: It feels good and take that.
Speaker 9: Yeah's impossive. Yeah, I'm just telling you. I was going to ask how much influence does your son have on you?
Speaker 13: And the reason I asked that I seen him at the BET Awards and I was asking him about is it a competition? At first he said no, and then he said no, no, no, this is a competition. I want to make records better than my dad, and my dad's trying to make records better than me. So I said, well, how does that work with picking beats? And he was like, I have to grab the beats before my dad. So is it a competition? And how much influence does your son have on you making records?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 19: I don't really let anybody influence me on on on making record. I'm definitely not in a competition with my son, you know. But it's a blessing to actually be like the first father son duo. You know what I'm saying, Like, and we take pride in that. You know what I'm saying, We all, like Jojo used to the first to have a number one record. That's forget the first. And it's no disrespect to nobody. We're just saying respectfully. We're saying respectfully that all the other father son teams that me and my son we won the championship, we had number one records together and that saw it's just proud dad. It's not saying nothing, it's not It's just when we have the narrative, sometimes y'all be forgetting about the Diddy history.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: You you sometimes we forget who invented certain things. Now I'm not going to be defensive. I'm just going to state facts. Okay, okay out Then the first to have a number one that's together together, that's it's very hard to have a kid and have that kid have success. That kid has to fight through so much stuff because and those kids had to fight through a lot of different things their father. H We're not talking about the first. We be talking about the father son team to play together.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And win a championship and that's me and King comes and I take a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 20: And then speaking of King Holmes, would you ever give the blessing for him to do your bio pick because that's that's a biopick. I would want to be in for one, but I would want to see that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, I mean he's me. I know that he'd be able to do it.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I definitely give him, give him my blessing because I mean, he'd be biopicking me.
Speaker 9: Now I'm looking at him, I'm.
Speaker 19: On stage the other night, and you got to understand how like much of a blessing this is, y'all, like like like like I know y'all as on their personalities. I'm just telling y'all like as human beings to be able because I see how you love your kids, you know what I'm saying. I know everybody loves their family. But to be on stage with him and be looking at him from what he wanted to be at four years old and really like doing stuff, and then the other night with my girls like this is like it's a blessing to see him keep fighting every day because as a Combs. We gotta fight through a lot of hate. It's just it's all right. We can handle it. Yeah, whom is giving you know much as expected, and we respect that. But it's all right for y'all to start loving me. Okay, it's about It's about time. Yes, yes, my teeth everything, you know what I'm saying. Everything is fresh. I could I swear I'm stronger. I'm like, I don't know. It's beyond Benjamin Button. We like an ip man or something.
Speaker 13: Literally all we got more with Diddy when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ n B, Charlamagne to God, Jess Hilarius. We are to Breakfast Club. We're still here with Diddy, Charlamagne.
Speaker 7: Why didn't you Why didn't you have any form of bad boy artist perform on stage with two at the v A Mace for such an iconic moment.
Speaker 19: It was more like I wanted to. I did them metally so much with everybody. We had so many different iconic moments. That was me as an artist. You know, a lot of people forget how many number one records I have as an artist. It was just really like I wanted to give people something different. I didn't give them Keisha Cole. Really I wanted to give him the present me and young I had wanted me and Mace to do something, but the schedule that didn't that didn't like work out, and it was just like a that's that's all that was. I just wanted to have like something that was different, So I thought me and Mace would have been different, you know what I'm saying. So every time I come out, I'm trying to give y'all something like different in an award show performance, because to be honest, I.
Speaker 7: Do a lot of award shows.
Speaker 4: The way God wanted to work out me doing more money with.
Speaker 19: My son was the greatest gift to that I could have ever ever experienced, you know what I'm saying. You know, but I'm always gonna be performing with the bad boy artists, you know what I'm saying, and doing things with them as I always have, you know what I'm saying, and they've always there are always a phone call away. And also also I just want also one that people also to understand, like you know that you know I got a good forty five minutes straight a Bangers.
Speaker 4: Just by myself on stage.
Speaker 19: You know what I'm saying, Like like I go to Yeah, nobody should be afraid because it's all love. But you know what I'm saying, it's a lot of hits. You know what I'm saying. So I did want to say that because I'm about to jump out here on tour and stuff like that, and you can come see me and have a great time if I'm just by myself too.
Speaker 13: You mention all the artists you mentioned Mace, and recently you said that you are giving the artists back their publisher Yeah, what made you decide to do that?
Speaker 9: And did you speak to every artist when you did it or how did that happen?
Speaker 7: How did that work?
Speaker 9: Break that down?
Speaker 19: Yeah, when I had went and called out the Grammys, I also had to make sure that I had also looked from within. Once you start like asking for changing the squall, you you have to look within and be a part of that change. So this actually was done two years ago, and it was it was more of me evolving as a businessman, you know, a person that really wants change in the world and in progress most importantly, because you can have change but not progress. And it was the right thing to do. You know what I'm saying, that it was the right thing to do. And this the frequency that I'm in, and it's the love frequency. If it wasn't fore like these people that have helped me with all of these records, everybody, if there's anything you know, just just doing the right thing, that's just with the frequency that I'm in. I think the frequency we should all be in. If you have a chance to do the right thing, why wouldn't you do the right thing? You know what I'm saying. And that's the world that I want to live in. And so you know what I'm saying, I want to be that change that I that I want.
Speaker 7: The giving back to publishing, fix any damage relationships that you might have had.
Speaker 19: I wasn't this so many misconceptions that people think they know what's going on. I never I didn't have no problems with people. Mace, me and Yah yeah, yeah, yeah, major with me and Mason.
Speaker 7: Me and Mace we.
Speaker 19: Brothers and me. I got unconditional love for me, So me and Masa. I don't know if me and Mason stopped arguing now or something like that, but I'm gonna still love Mace. I give him thanks for like really helping to really launch my career as an artist, and you know, was there with me from the beginning and stuff like that. Even though if I didn't agree with Mace, he was a catalyst for me to look from within, you know what I'm saying. And so sometimes somebody that you may not agree with or something you don't think is good, God uses like certain situations, even if something's like, Yo, where did that come from?
Speaker 9: That's your left field, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: And so I just get into right now with God telling me to do so there's a clarity.
Speaker 9: So it's really at.
Speaker 19: A point you get to a point in life, especially me as a successful businessman, where you pick purpose of a profit. And that's kind of the season that I'm in to really really be a part of this radical change.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I like this, did he d you really turned down a nine figure deal for the publisher? Yeah? It was, it was.
Speaker 19: I wouldn't say he turned it down, as I said, you know what I'm saying, It really wasn't an option, you know what I'm saying as far as because it was just at the time that I was getting it, I was just I wasn't really even wanting to sell nothing, but I was just like, man, these people are getting people are getting a lot of money out here. And I was like, you know, if anytime, this is the time that that you know, because the people will offer him so much money for catalogs.
Speaker 4: It was just it was a time where I just went and it was.
Speaker 19: Like shopped a little bit or nah, nah, it wasn't shopped as people were calling us. So it was something that, you know what I'm saying, something that you definitely consider chain of events just had me really was just like, man, I need to just you know, call all the artists they need and all the writers. What I'm saying, this is a this is a time, you know what I'm saying to not just Andre Rat was telling me don't just talk love be love, and so he's like, this is a time just to do and listen to what God is telling you to do and us.
Speaker 7: So now we're open up to talk about the hours.
Speaker 9: Right, you know what today is? Today is did he Day?
Speaker 19: Diddy did today proclaimed did he did He Day?
Speaker 9: And one episode Chance to Love.
Speaker 20: Yeah, And speaking of love, my favorite songe is what's love? I do like that and Deliver Me.
Speaker 7: It's number two three.
Speaker 19: Just in case you yeah that dirty Money, we back ye in effect making some you know, beautiful train music as I call that.
Speaker 7: Made you go back to that, what made you want to reconnect with Dirty Money?
Speaker 19: This honestly was a record that it's J Diller.
Speaker 4: I got a chance.
Speaker 19: Buster brought me this J Diller joint, and I was like, y'all get a chance even though Jay Diller is in.
Speaker 9: Our head to actually do produce a record with Jay Diller.
Speaker 19: So then I put the music on top of a J Diller beat and Dirty Money we were doing it. And at first we were doing it, Bustle was like, let me get that joint, and I was like, he never used it. Then when I was putting this project together that there's certain songs that I did a long time ago, and then you not to ask girls if they wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: It was like, yeah, just like that's a record.
Speaker 19: Called Deliver Me and busses on that and Dirty Moneys on that, and that's our first record in thirteen years. And then I would say one of me I did eight years ago, another one of me, yeah the Weekend, another one of me.
Speaker 4: I can say eight years ago I did that record, by.
Speaker 7: The way, the Weekend record with twenty one in French. Yeah, I can't say that's his last collaborational yeah yeah something.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's the Weekend. So this is his last feature. And you know, I think we we you know, we we love the Weekend on his features. The Weekend always does a dope feature. So I'm definitely hon it, you know what I'm saying. You know, I really love him as an artist. Everybody on this album it's like, I'm fans it is.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm like, really fans it is, and really love their voices.
Speaker 19: Like when I made the album, it wasn't okay, let me get this person because they have this type of these type of streams. It was like I wanted to tell my love story, you know, I wanted to be able to utilize these voices to translate my feelings. You know what I'm saying. I purposely was on there where you could get your stroke onto it. This is for the strokers, you know what I'm saying, a lot of casts they be they like the rabbit style, you know what I'm saying this, This this is for the strokers.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Cast that like to really make love to your woman.
Speaker 19: Your woman like to make love to you, look deep in their eyes and it's the stroke.
Speaker 7: How long should the stroke? Stroke should be?
Speaker 19: You should kind of about a second or you just no, No, it's more of a rhythm thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's more of a feeling though.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying. But it's just not like a let me just you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: You could you could throw that in there as like a song tempo change, but it's like, you know, it's like, you know what I'm saying, You can do that, like like but if that's your only go to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That that's not the frequency of love that we're talking about.
Speaker 9: This is that R and B.
Speaker 11: This is that.
Speaker 19: Sho take your time, beg your girl will come back. You know how you lay it down? I got three record it's.
Speaker 9: That stay in it.
Speaker 19: You know what I'm saying, because because that's my life, I'm always like, oh man, baby, can you just stay don't leave me? You know what I'm so, It's just like the way you make love when you're trying to get your girl to stay. It's different, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, it's off the grid experience.
Speaker 7: Go off the.
Speaker 4: Grid with your girl.
Speaker 19: Bring the album your girl. You meant whatever you're you're into, nobody's judging. Just go off the grid, woman, Like, like, how you doing, how you feel like?
Speaker 4: Getting into their brain?
Speaker 19: They sold their mind and this is the music that you can have in the background.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: We got more with Diddy when we come back, don't move. It's the breakfast Club, Goo morning everybody, the breakfast Club DJ MV Charlamane to God Jess hilarious. We're still kicking it with Diddy. That one time you were thinking about buying purchasing BT got revoked.
Speaker 7: So while was BT, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I really I wanted to look at it.
Speaker 19: I mean, there's no way to go unless you really kind of you know, go into acquisitions, you know what I'm saying. So right now I'm really looking heavy on acquisitions and really building the world's biggest black media company. You know what I'm saying. I'm on my second mountain. I really feel like I'm just beginning in my career. I feel like my my my purpose is sharpened, you know, and and I've gone from me to we. So it's like, you know, the things that I'm looking at are really really big moves. You know, I want to really take over Disney, you feel me. I want us because I know there's gonna be a shift. I know there's gonna be a change. I know the alien's coming. I know that, you know, the last shall be first, first shall be last. I'm not gonna be sitting here surprised. I'm gonna be ready. You know what I'm saying as far as is how big and how bold my thinking is. And so you know, looking at where I have Revolt and where REVOLTD is at now, it's like one of.
Speaker 4: The most profitable networks that are that are out there.
Speaker 19: We was able to pass, you know, as far as our digital footprint, you know, past complex that was a big thing for us. When we started, we didn't really own our own culture, and so now Revolt has really stepped into that, you know, to that position. So I was looking at BT and after when you're looking at buying the company, you got to do your due diligence to see if it if it fits your strategy. And so even before they decided not to sell it, it didn't make sense to me. So I basically had told him before that, but I didn't make an announcement about it because it really wasn't about that.
Speaker 20: So, speaking of Revolt being a place where you can go, and this.
Speaker 9: Is our tip anniversary of revolte y.
Speaker 19: Tip Anniversary Revote, we are proud of saying we want to thank y'all officially the Breakfast Club. Y'all helped to put us on the map. You know what I'm saying, y'all help to get us in the game. We did some great things together and we're still family and the first.
Speaker 7: To believe in us.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, how many you know? That's my vision.
Speaker 19: I saw y'all and I was like, I know that they starts. They got something that's going to break the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I saw y'all.
Speaker 7: That was me.
Speaker 13: I was like, did He was like, I want that camera, I want that view. I wanted to be gritty ground.
Speaker 9: Yeah see remember aunts involved to see that.
Speaker 19: That's the thing with Diddy, is that y'all be trying to burn his receipts.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 19: But hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 7: Everybody chill.
Speaker 4: So Diddy actually wrote the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: They first check.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah, the first one to believe in them and take them.
Speaker 9: Moti TV Yeah, I mean TV.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, we're talking about Ancelary and come yeah, you too good on your Anclary income. Let me get my receipts. Take that, hey man, you check more than all that check was? It was something.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 19: It was a stepping stone seven glorious career. Don't skip over it because I'm a black man.
Speaker 9: I'm just staring.
Speaker 19: It wasn't nobody, nobody else.
Speaker 7: Let's get back to the music.
Speaker 9: Let's get back to the music.
Speaker 7: How difficult was it to make the kim Porter record.
Speaker 4: It was extremely easy to make the kim Porter record.
Speaker 19: My desire for wanting to be in her presence somehow is a constant like thing that I yearned for, and so when I made that record, I really believe in the power of music, and so I felt like if I made that record for her, that with the intentions of her her coming to visit me in my dreams like I have the best of both worlds.
Speaker 4: I know I can't have any.
Speaker 19: Physical but to be able to just be able to like like that's my dog, Like that's my friend.
Speaker 4: I wasn't just like my baby mama and my girlfriend.
Speaker 7: It was just like the only.
Speaker 19: Person that I listened to, you know what I'm saying. It was like my navigation and then like my navigation is off and I gotta like try to find a map.
Speaker 4: Is that's how crazy?
Speaker 19: Like you know, you know it was, And so I was just like I really know how powerful my music is. And so, you know, I told Babyface the story and then I told John Legend, like this is why I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to make the record for streams.
Speaker 19: The record is like you know, it's a real expression of love, a real love letter to Kim, and you know what I'm saying, it's really how my love feels. And so it was beautiful to be able to do that. And she has come and visited me and my dreams after it is record, Yeah, after I made that record.
Speaker 7: On the record in the middle, you say, you know, you know Kim, I know you can hear me. Yeah, yeah, what was that in the dream? If you don't mindus that.
Speaker 9: No, we're just talking to joint in the dream.
Speaker 19: It's a couple of times just just yeah, just just just what we do wasn't nothing. But I was saying, I know you can hear me because I'm sending the message to sending that. I'm sending that frequency two because I believe like there's a whole other dimension.
Speaker 4: And I don't think you like look back. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: But I just needed her to just just to stay that to stay and come visit me.
Speaker 7: And you aren't featured on that record. It's baby facing John Legend. Was it too hard to come up with a verse like you like you think people were giving you or you just didn't like the words could really express what you want to express.
Speaker 4: I just was just doing what felt right for the stroke. You know what I'm saying. You know, like you know if you come on.
Speaker 7: Man, why would you do that right?
Speaker 19: Yeah, because because I don't know where your mind is at. King when when I'm thinking about Strong, I'm thinking about my woman.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I can't get into none of this homophobic stuff.
Speaker 9: Y'all got going on. I don't. I don't. I'm just like, yo, I don't know y'all can.
Speaker 7: Play that game.
Speaker 9: I just like, I'm just me. I'm just saying. When I'm thinking about that, I'm telling you how I'm making the music. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I'm a scorpio king, I'm a scorpio. That's that's that's that's my thing. My thing is my stroke, baby, and that's my music. That's the vibe my music is. But you the stroke, your woman. Don't don't think about my stroke. Think about your stroke.
Speaker 9: And you woman like you're thinking about thinking about anything. And then it's like a lot going on.
Speaker 7: This is awkward. You're awkward. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Confused. I'm confused. Be comfortable within your skin.
Speaker 7: Comfortable, that's the problem.
Speaker 9: I'm very comfortable.
Speaker 7: Also in the record, in the hook, you keep saying seven days, six nights. Yeah, what's your significance of that? Very good question.
Speaker 19: So you know, before the internet, if your girl and if your girl like wanted to disappear on your shoes, man, she just go black. You be calling her mom's crib like, hey, hey, miss Porter, you know where Kim is at? Honey, I don't know where. I don't know what y'all doing. Don't put me in the middle of that. Da You be calling every place you be outside. That's when stalkings start. You know what I'm saying, You be outside in the.
Speaker 9: Car like where she asked.
Speaker 4: She definitely not there.
Speaker 9: She had a girlfriend house. You don't even know this girl, and they on the run, they're on the lamb.
Speaker 7: You all go.
Speaker 19: All over the place and be six days, seven nights. I would be waiting just ahead the sound of her voice, just to pick up that phone.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hello.
Speaker 19: So that's where the six days and seven nights waiting for her sound like. She was a very very like stubborn, stand strong person. It's like when she would just disappear, it was like you don't know if it would be forever.
Speaker 4: You feel me, Brothers.
Speaker 7: The extension of last night kind of yeah.
Speaker 9: Last night. There's a bunch of records. I Need a Girl Part two.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Do you regret not marrying her?
Speaker 9: No, I don't have any regrets, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: Like, as I said, our relationship was bigger than just okay.
Speaker 4: This is a relationship.
Speaker 19: I got you married, you my girl, you my baby mama or this Like you know what I'm saying, it's like the like the connection of beings, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it really taught me. You know how to love, and that's the way I love right now.
Speaker 19: So that's why I don't put different things in like categories like that, because I feel like, you know the people that's going really mad in your life. I don't know if it's gonna be your wife, because that's the title you put on it. You know what I'm saying. I don't know if that's gonna be your best experience. If that's you know what I'm.
Speaker 13: Saying, I will did these out today. Let's get into another joint. It's the Breakfast Club. Let's go wake up good Morning. We're still kicking it with Diddy. That was a joint office album that's out right now. It's DJ m B, Charlamagne, Jess Hilarious, still kicking it with Diddy, Brother my brother Love.
Speaker 15: Just Love.
Speaker 4: It's just love, everybody.
Speaker 7: It's just love.
Speaker 19: It's not brother love. It's not a nineteen seventies new name. It's a modern new name. It's just love.
Speaker 9: Love, love, love love.
Speaker 4: When you see me, throw your.
Speaker 9: L in the air, say love, love, love love.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: After the VMAs, there was rumors that Young Miami was pregnant. She played into it because we should be throwing y'all for a spin. She I'm been telling y'all right now, and we should be having fun. It'd be like a video game.
Speaker 7: We just we just asking, is he not? I mean nothing?
Speaker 9: No, I'm not pregnant. Is your wife pregnant?
Speaker 19: I'm gonna tell you straight up, you mean you beat?
Speaker 7: You beat the craziest one.
Speaker 19: Asking about somebody's girl or personal joint Became't nobody even say nothing you about?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I don't know, boy, I'm gonna tell you, man, this man, we don't. I don't talk about my relationships with nobody like that.
Speaker 9: I don't mind anybody asked me a question to ask me whatever you is, I'm not.
Speaker 19: I don't care, but that's not my business. I'm not thinking about you and another woman.
Speaker 13: If somebody disrespects it's another level.
Speaker 9: I can't even imagine somebody disrespecting me exactly.
Speaker 13: But that's that's my feeling. That's how I feel. It's easy for people to go online. I'm just I'm.
Speaker 1: Not I'm not.
Speaker 9: Coming the beige rage.
Speaker 7: Was coming, the beige rage, and mean it's going.
Speaker 19: Really, I don't know if you gotta go into the love frequency and.
Speaker 7: I agree with you. You gotta go, so you gotta get him out of whatever, you gotta change him or something done over you, something.
Speaker 9: You've definitely and then when I go to I take it too far problem.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a couple more questions. What's success like in regards to this album? What would be a successful I.
Speaker 19: Always may measure success with music if somebody's at home singing the song while they're just cleaning up the house, or you know a car that's next to me, you know, somebody's just in there singing it. Just for people to really really like love the music as far as and some babies to be made and some some dances to be had, and you know it's it's to spawn just you know, more of this type of you know, more like love like man, woman, man, man, woman man, whatever it is, right, whatever your love is, that feeling, bringing that feeling back and not just the toxic feeling because life needs a balance.
Speaker 20: And it's definitely album that people can enjoy each other too. Like you said, I think it's just the impact that it will have on you know, man and woman like together. It makes you want to talk to your partner, It makes you want.
Speaker 9: To be like, oh you heard this, and it's cool for a.
Speaker 20: Man and or you know them to whoever you know, just to really enjoy it, you know.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 13: You know, I love I love the music. I love what you're doing with business. But the one thing I respect about you the most is how you are with your kids. And when I look at Love or Diddy or Puff, you make the time the most because I love seeing that because I feel like a lot of times we talk about what we don't see a lot of times we don't see that enough.
Speaker 9: Yes, And I respect that the most when it comes to you. Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: And it's inspiring for for most that because it's like if Diddy can do it, Diddy worth for Billy.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, that's that's like me being on the stage with them the other night. It's just like so surreal. As I said, you know what I'm saying with my son, but with my daughters and then my daughter she's inspiring actress and just seeing seeing like man like like I did you know, I did something really good, Like I really like raised them because fathers, you know, we can really get like we still got this stigma on this, you know what I'm saying, And I get the same inspiration when I see your.
Speaker 4: Family king and be gonna have his family matching.
Speaker 19: They gonna be sitting there having like we designing the pajamas.
Speaker 7: It's Christmas.
Speaker 9: Doing the best Christmas card. We don't care what the car dash is doing. We got the best Christmas card. I can see all that.
Speaker 19: It has me like, yo, we gotta give you know, and be really putting it down on this. In Mexico they got all the same, you know what I'm saying. So it's it all, it all goes around, you know what I'm saying. It's as far as like you know, the things that are important, and it's like I think that the thing black fathers have been able to get over the last couple of years is this this this unity and camaraderie. As far as like yeah, now we we we we playing a part in this tube, Mama. You know what I'm saying, We got this too. But it's just like you know, we we we learned it though from the black from the from the black woman or the woman period.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: You know, I learned it from the black woman, but you know, the woman has taught us how to be better fathers.
Speaker 7: And are we going to see the versus?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think I think that you'll say you'll see that when when it's set up. I think I think that it's good. Like JD, it'll be fun because we both make records that are in the frequency. You know what I'm saying. And then and then you know, I would I would like to after that. I would like to see me and Doctor Dre dance or whoever whoever else wants to dance, wants to dance.
Speaker 4: I think it's nothing but positive.
Speaker 19: Getting your music and displaying your music out there with people, It's it's all. It just makes everything sharp, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Would it just be just how do you say you want Dre next? If you want d next to me is j D and Diddy, R and B and remixes.
Speaker 19: I'm not gonna lie. You have so many styles. I can hit you with stuff that I hit you from Burning Boys, last album that I had did. I can hit you with early Mary J Blid stuff. I can hit you a artists that you never even knew that. I mean, I have so many different styles. But you know that's that's that's really where we're.
Speaker 13: Atadies and gentlemen, Sean Yeah Love Yeah.
Speaker 9: The album is out right yeah right now.
Speaker 7: Is really good, like really really good. It's very very problem.
Speaker 20: You can't call him that call him what what what did you say?
Speaker 7: What is his name?
Speaker 9: You can't call him?
Speaker 20: Only one person can call him Sean Holmes and you are not that person.
Speaker 9: Too bad, you don't. You don't keep up with Diddy.
Speaker 20: His name is Diddy, Ladies and Gentleman Diddy.
Speaker 9: The album can you go get the Love album?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Club Love, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Your morning's will never be the same.
Speaker 18: Just don't be a dunkey because right now you want some.
Speaker 7: Real It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 3: So if you ever feel I need to be a doctor man, hit me with the heat.
Speaker 9: Did doesn't?
Speaker 18: I had become Donkey of the day.
Speaker 7: The breakfast Club, bitch, Yes, Donkey Today goes to a Lancaster County, Pennsylvania woman named Linda Johnson. Linda Johnson is a former general manager at the greatest fast food restaurant in regards the providing comfort and that is Wendy's. Okay, Wendy's is the greatest of all time when it comes to providing comfort. I'm not here to argue with you all about none of this McDonald's, Chick fil A, all those places are cool, but when it comes to providing fantastic comfort food, nothing is better than Wendy's. Okay, this is not a commercial of not being paid to say this. I just have very fond memories of Wendy's because when I used to drive my grandma in the town back in the day in Monks Corner, South Carolina, that's what she used to like to do. Stop at Wendy's and she wanted her fries and she wanted them hot. Okay, and Wendy's to this day still provides me that sense of comfort. Now Linda is facing a felony charge of theft by deception. Oh, she is the number one scammer. Okay, I can't lie to y'all. I love hearing about a creative scam. There's a reason they call people scam artists, because the scam artist knows how to paint a pretty picture. They have to be creative artists in order to get you to do what it is they want you to do. And Linda has painted a pretty picture. She actually did one of the most creative scams I've seen in a long time. Would you like to know what Linda has done. Let's go to ABC News for the report.
Speaker 21: Police former general manager out of Wendy's and like Sir County, was found stealing from the store. According to an audit, Linda Johnson allegedly checked in and out as a fake employee for over a year from July twenty twenty one to April twenty twenty two. Offici will say that the theft amounted almost twenty thousand dollars. Documents from the investigation say that Johnson admitted to creating the fake employee and that the paychecks went to her cash app.
Speaker 7: Linda Johnson created fake employee, clocked in and out as a ghost employee, and had the paychecks go to her bank account. And that's why she's getting donkey here to day to day. Why would you have these checks go to your account. You don't have a cousin, a friend, You couldn't open up an LLC. I'm not encouraging you to do the crime at all, but if you're going to do the crime, I mean, damn, if you're going to scam, the key to scamming is not getting caught, Okay, The key to scamming is to not have a paper or digital trail that leads right to you. Now, let me tell you my favorite part of this story. Okay, I was reading this. When other managers were questioned about the worker okay, the ghost worker, police said some could not remember working with them, while one manager reported that they met him once. Can we stop right here and play a game of guess what race it is? Now? We're not playing a game a guess what race it is? For Linda Johnson. Okay, I don't care what race he is. I don't even know what race she is, but I want to know what race do y'all think this person was who just lied about meeting an employee who never existed. He said he met him one time. Let me repeat the story. Linda Johnson, general manager and Wendy's created a ghost employee, an employee that never existed. She got about twenty grands into her bank account. When other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one manager just one volunteered a lie and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once.
Speaker 9: Willie D guess what race it is?
Speaker 7: Oh man? That's hard, ah, that sounds like it could be anybody, but it could be any race. But just say it, Willie. I know it's on the tip of your top. I know you don't want to do it, but.
Speaker 9: No, you know, I'm just gonna say white, just because I blame everything.
Speaker 7: I'm envy. Linda Johnson created a fake worker at Wendy's and collected twenty grand and other managers were questioned about the fake worker, they said they could not remember working with them, while one volunteerer line and reported that they met this person that didn't exist once. Envy.
Speaker 9: Guess what race it is?
Speaker 7: I know you want to say what Willy wanted to say, but Willy didn't want to say it.
Speaker 22: We don't know the name of its Say it Asian. It's the black man looking out for the black sister. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: See see see I get why we we feel that way over when you think about all the times white people have made up mysterious black figures to pen crimes on okay, and in light of Calie Russell lying about seeing that baby on the side of the highway, you know, I can understand why even we would even think it was black. I don't know what race this person is, but I feel like this was one of us, okay, because we why do we like to lie for no damn reason at all? We tell each other we five minutes away, when we haven't even gotten in the shower yet. Fact, we pick up the phone and tell each other we're gonna call you right back, going damn well, you're not gonna all back and till you remember. A week later, we tell each other, hey, man, we need to connect. Let's go do lunch or something, knowing damn well, we have no plans to do none of that. Why do you know I do this to people on purpose? I do this in conversation sometime. I just be talking, right, I just want to see y'all full of cock hot somebody is right, I'll be talking. I'd be like, you know Ricky right, knowing damn well, Ricky don't exist, and we be quick to be like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Ricky.
Speaker 9: I know Ricky.
Speaker 7: I was just with him last week. God damn Ricky, you know, damn well, you never met this person once because this person doesn't exist. But for whatever reason, you just decided to tell the powers that be At Wendy's you met this person once, you putting yourself into a situation, making yourself a witness to something that Linda already admitted the police she did. She said during a video call in April that she created the employee and had to paycheck set up to go to her cash AFT account. If it was me, not only would I fire Linda, I would fire this coworker who decided to lie for no damn reason. You're not welcome here. You can't be trusted because I was always taught If you lie, you will steal. And the fine folks that Wendy's ain't got no time for no more thiefs. Please give Linda Johnson the sweet songs and the Hamiltons. Oh no, you are the dog.
Speaker 15: Of the day.
Speaker 9: All the day.
Speaker 7: Ye we really like to lie for no reason. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 21: Morning.
Speaker 13: Everybody is the dj n V charlamagnea god Jess hilarious.
Speaker 9: We are the Breakfast Club and we got a special guests in the buildings right caught it be mody be.
Speaker 10: By a baddy, You're no howm feeling you honest? Be honest like I'm sad because I really have planned this weeknd and everything, and all of a sudden, I wake up like, yeah, what the hell going on?
Speaker 15: Like my stomach is killing me.
Speaker 10: Like bubble guts, like bubble guts like ole gods, nothing want to come out anything, Like I'm like stressed because like what time is it? I hope by at least by twelve o'clock something come out. And I'm like, I like relieve, So what.
Speaker 7: Do you do? And knowing if you got to pooping you out in public? Body, you can't just pull up in the McDonald's and nothing.
Speaker 15: Yes, for who why would not? I stay with wet wipes Jesus Christ. I stayed with.
Speaker 10: Web wives and hand sanitizer, like I'm a mom, so you have to have that, like because because your kids want to anytime unexpected.
Speaker 15: So and also me.
Speaker 9: Like it might not be the food though, Cardy, I don't know what it is. Maybe it could be number three.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're definitely know there number three, number three after if after I'm go on tour. I definitely want to have a baby, like have another one. Yeah, I want to have another one.
Speaker 9: How many kids do you want?
Speaker 15: Like at least four?
Speaker 7: Four? What do you think will come out first? Your second album.
Speaker 9: Start Christ, Jesus.
Speaker 15: Christ, my second album is gonna come out. I have to, I have to, I have to.
Speaker 7: When is the question what people want this year?
Speaker 15: Next year, next year, next early next year?
Speaker 13: Can we congraduate Carding on her single she got a single that's out today yet Love It is bungos Well always.
Speaker 15: The beat, you know what I'm saying. Like at first, it's always like you hear the beat and it's like, oh, I like this be like I really like this beat.
Speaker 10: It's funk, but it kind of reminds me of them Bow definitely, it reminds me of them Bow. But it's really funk. Like technically is funk. So you know that up town, you know, I'll find.
Speaker 7: I'll take you.
Speaker 10: You you be outside, you be outside, don't be outside.
Speaker 15: You don't be outside. I gotta take you outside before.
Speaker 7: That's the style of music.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the style of music. It's a Dominican style of music. But like, technically really is funk.
Speaker 15: So but I just I just love. I just love to beat.
Speaker 10: I start working on the song, but it's like a lot of empty spaces. There's a lot of empty spaces. I tried to feel the empty spaces like you know, like just me rapping and rapping and rapping and rapping, and they just felt like a long ass song like they just needed dynamic. So me and my team, like my team wanted to go like more like Latin artists. And I was like, I hear Megan. I hear Megan.
Speaker 15: I hear Megan on it.
Speaker 10: They're like, really you don't see it, like you see this like like more Latin. I'm like, no, I see Megan, and then like exactly what I was like hearing in my head.
Speaker 15: I sent her the.
Speaker 10: Song exactly what I was envisioning in my head. Like when she like when she I got her like verse back, it was like, you see, this is what I was envisioning.
Speaker 15: And they just.
Speaker 7: You scared the team of a Megan again because WAP was such a massive record.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, of course, of course, Like that's why I haven't like I definitely, but I feel like this was like good and like when she sent the her verse, I was like, oh, I feel like this is a super like I feel like this is a good like come to dust.
Speaker 13: You feel like too much pressure, everybody asking you to do your second album. You put out these these verses and you killing these verses. You like these verses up. But everybody's keep saying I love it. Where's the album?
Speaker 7: I love it?
Speaker 9: But the album you put too much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 10: Oh, I do put a lot of pressure on myself, Like I really really do.
Speaker 15: Like let me tell you something, like I just feel like I don't like nothing I hear.
Speaker 10: I feel like I listen, like forty beats sound the same. I don't know because everything sounds the same or every like it's like sometimes everything sounds the same, and then like when it's too different, it's like a that's too different for me, Like that is just too different.
Speaker 15: So I don't know what I be looking for. What I be looking for, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 10: But like once like something catch my eye and I really like when my eyes my sound my eyes right.
Speaker 13: But even like I like it like that they said you didn't love it, love it, and that became one of the biggest record chamber records.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I do take risks like I do take risks.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 10: It's just like a lot of pressure on it. But I feel confident. I have a lot of songs. Y'all could come back. I could hear something cause and that's another thing too, like I'm gonna leave. I feel like I need like everybody's like opinion, like what'd you think?
Speaker 15: What do you think? What you think? And that kind of be.
Speaker 10: Driving me crazy too, but like I don't know why I've been needing it.
Speaker 7: Though it's fun? Is it still fun when I.
Speaker 10: Find like something that I like. When it's something that I like, is fun. But then but then sometimes even when I like something and like people don't like it, it doesn't become fun. Like it's like, damn, I was really vibing with this and it's like y'all like it now now it's not fun.
Speaker 15: Now I'm mad.
Speaker 20: So but people don't like every it's like they're gonna find something wrong with whatever. So it don't matter. But it I just gotta make sense to you. Let me ask you, this, is it pressure because it's so many more women now like dropping here and all the time, Like, but is that pressure it being so many women in rap?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 18: Not really.
Speaker 10: I'm so used to like working with like a lot of women, Like I never like being like in the environment that's like, yeah, I'm kind of like the only ones so and now I always knew this. I always knew this. I always knew after me there was gonna be more girls. Yeah, I know it was gonna.
Speaker 15: I wasn't gonna. I know, it wasn't gonna like just end with.
Speaker 10: Me, because it's like if I made it, I know there's gonna be more, but that's gonna make it. And like the Internet and everything, like it's like this this I already I already I already saw this, Like I saw this like back in like I don't know, like the seventeen.
Speaker 13: I saw this what you do, but you're also doing something that a lot of people didn't do when you were coming up. You'll find the hot new person or a young artist and you'll give them the opportunity and give them a verse, which a lot of people didn't do.
Speaker 7: And I was gonna add something that Jay and Drake did great. Yeah I think I say Cardy did that for female. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: I was gonna ask does the competition fuel you? And it could be friendly competition.
Speaker 13: I mean every time you get on the verse, so get on the record with somebody, is that the way you think, like, oh I gotta eat.
Speaker 7: Her, you know what I mean? Oh god, damn, I don't I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't really feel like I gotta eat.
Speaker 10: I don't really like feel like I gotta like eat like all right, like for example, right like it's like if I have a song, right and then like you send me your verse and like you rapping your ass off, I'm still not changing my verse. I'm not changing it because I feel like they're like this.
Speaker 15: This is what I'm going for, this is what I'm thinking.
Speaker 10: However, I don't want to like also never like ruin nobody else like song or anything.
Speaker 7: But people do it all the time.
Speaker 13: We've heard you know, I think nah said he changed the verse when he got a verse back, and you hear it all the time, so you never said, nah, I got it.
Speaker 7: Which ones you're playing with? You like, who's been your favorite female rapper to collaborate with?
Speaker 10: I really like them all, I really, I really, I really like them all. And every song that I like, I got like on like I got on it because I just really really really really liked that song. Like I love the song and it's like I feel like I could hear myself on it. There's a lot of there's a lot of songs like I get songs send to me all the time. But I feel like it's like some songs, I just feel like I feel like I can't do nothing for the song. Like it's like I don't feel like I could do like a verse that like I'm like confident in so it's just like and I just be like no, and it's like I feel like the song is great, so I don't even want to like yeah.
Speaker 20: Like it you just say, drill into style, what's that? And now what's that one song?
Speaker 10: And I told you, oh my god, that song is so crazy. I heard, Yeah, that song is so crazy. I was like, and that's my that's my style, that's my temple, because some temples like I just cannot keep up, like like it's like you know that when I first heard Munch and everything, Yeah, I love the song, I love to Be and everything. Then I was I was gonna. I was like, you know, like doing the remix and right, yeah, I did averse, but it's like I feel like I felt like I was fighting.
Speaker 20: The beat, like I.
Speaker 10: Can't like the be but just the reasons was then I was like, listen, I don't want to song much like I gotta eat. I get it, I get it, but like I was wind milling, and it's like if I can't keep up with something like it's like I'm not gonna play myself and I don't want to like ruin it, like you.
Speaker 15: Know, like when somebody get on the song and it's like you read the song.
Speaker 9: Out here now, I like you Tomorrow killed Tomorrow?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I And you love Florida. You remind me of my best friend, like I love her.
Speaker 18: I love her.
Speaker 9: We got more with Cardy B. When we come back, don't move.
Speaker 7: It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Good morning morning. Everybody is j NV Charlamagne to God, just hilarious. We are the breakfast Club. We're still kicking with Cardi B. Well, first of all, how is marriage married? Is it difficult because you know, he's a celebrity and you're a celebrity, and it's like when he defends you, it's bigger because he is a celebrity. So if somebody says something and he defends you, it's bigger because it's it's set.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean? Does that bother you?
Speaker 9: Does that take a toll on your marriage relationship?
Speaker 10: You know what takes a toll on me? What takes a toll on me? A lot of people don't like me. So when people attack him because he's like attached to me, I don't like that. I guess it's like, well, other than that, like I love being married and like we are a partnership, like you know you is like to be married. It's just like it feels different, like it just it feels different than like a relationship. It just really feels like a unions, like I got your back, you got my back, no matter what.
Speaker 9: Do you feel like you shared too much of social media?
Speaker 15: It was just one time. It was just crazy that it was just one.
Speaker 10: Time because was gone, we was drunk, popplishing you you you wanna do that?
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 15: Oh no, I'm gonna be just do it you really now you're stupid. Now I'm gonna really violate you.
Speaker 7: So you said that, tell.
Speaker 13: People you cheer for somebody cheating on me, and then you then you explained it. CARDI goes, how could I cheat? I can never go anywhere with anybody. Y'all explain it. The next day, y'all in parents hold their hands at the fashion show.
Speaker 9: I'm like, like, this is the Bronx, this is the Bronx.
Speaker 15: Love we ghettle. We really really ghetto.
Speaker 10: I ain't gonna front like everybody used to be, like, oh, like we've been trying to be perfect.
Speaker 15: I ain't gonna be front like we ghetto.
Speaker 7: Always want to be married young, Yeah okay.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I always wanted. I always want to be married, like I always want to be married.
Speaker 1: Who.
Speaker 15: I always feel like everybody everybody want like the marriage.
Speaker 3: And the kids.
Speaker 15: I just really can't believe I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's a number for Cardy. If Cardi get a certain amount of money, she walking away from all this. No music, okay, no, no.
Speaker 15: Like I feel like music is just like the engine, Like I just love it.
Speaker 10: Like I feel like I enjoy though, like doing music, like I enjoy performing for real, like I love to like like I just love to be out there, like I get like a rush.
Speaker 15: But it's and it's like you can't perform if you don't really have music. So I have to always do music. I love doing music.
Speaker 10: It's just sometimes it's just like this feels like a job now. So it's just like and so much pressure just drive you crazy. I just want to I want to be in that state where I was, like in twenty sixty to eighteen.
Speaker 7: It was just like, ah, excite, what made you walk away from that movie that you were supposed to start the.
Speaker 10: Music the album to this, Yeah, like doing like movies and everything. It's really like a ten am to like one am yep, oh my god.
Speaker 15: So it's like it's really like a job, like a job, job, job, like.
Speaker 10: Like like when I do music and like when I perform, like it's like a rush, like it's like a fun rush. Like this is really like it's intense.
Speaker 20: That's what they say when the film come out and you see you know, you see yourself.
Speaker 15: Like it is.
Speaker 10: You know, like I was like, you know, taking acting lessons and everything, like it's like I have one struggle.
Speaker 15: It was to cry. Like my teacher was like like.
Speaker 10: My teacher was like think of the time like that you went through this, this and that.
Speaker 15: I'm like, I don't feel nothing.
Speaker 7: When's the last time you cried for really?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Really, I mean I've been crying, you know what I'm saying. I'll be crying, but it's.
Speaker 23: Just like on the spot, on the spot, like.
Speaker 15: Like like on the s like I'm gonna laugh.
Speaker 7: I'm not gonna do it. You're not gonna do that.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna do it as soon as soon as I go touring and everything.
Speaker 15: And all that stuff.
Speaker 7: You get to it four years from now.
Speaker 15: No, no, I saw the guy's not gonna be four years.
Speaker 7: It's been five since.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 15: I have no choice. I have no choice.
Speaker 7: I like it. I don't think you should rush to put out another album.
Speaker 20: Did you have the name for the album yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 15: Kind of sort of yeah, kind of sort of. I don't know, Like, I don't know if I like it too much?
Speaker 7: What is it? Tell us?
Speaker 15: I can't. I can't tell you because.
Speaker 9: If I throw it out there, Oh no, you can't.
Speaker 20: You can't just throw it out there.
Speaker 4: Let me see if we like it, throw it out there.
Speaker 7: We'll beleeve it, we'll believe it.
Speaker 15: No, I can't say believe.
Speaker 7: I'm calling what's next for mss bardy everything.
Speaker 15: I'm back.
Speaker 7: I'm back to what we don't believe. You don't have so many big records that hit number one. We thought this album was coming.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but oh my gosh, like we went through like a whole pandemic, Like give me a freak.
Speaker 7: You drop the number one record easily, and you have time.
Speaker 10: I really didn't want to jump an album around the Pandemic, because I really wanted to tour right after. I wasn't able to tour right after my first album, like I could even do a lot of music videos because I was like pregnant and everything, Like I want to like drop my album and be able to go touring right away.
Speaker 15: So that was that.
Speaker 10: Then I had a baby. Then I just like was just going through like you know, I was just yeah, chilling. But now it's just like I'm back outside and you.
Speaker 7: Got an album driving next year?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What quarter? Body?
Speaker 4: What quarter?
Speaker 15: I'm looking for the first quarter?
Speaker 7: Sum are you? Are you? Are you? There? Are you?
Speaker 1: Clo?
Speaker 7: Spring Summer? You don't have to drop a second album.
Speaker 15: But I have I have it. I have it. I have it.
Speaker 7: I believe she got a song. I believe you got a bunch of songs.
Speaker 15: No, but I have it.
Speaker 20: Though I have it.
Speaker 18: You have that, Yeah, I have.
Speaker 15: I have my vision and everything.
Speaker 7: You know what you wanted.
Speaker 15: I know what I want everything.
Speaker 20: Okay, CARDI your fashion and we're not getting a line. Your fashion is crazy.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna give it. I'm gonna give me a little sun signed man some.
Speaker 7: The Breakfast Club. It's Kyee the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: Morning. Everybody, It's the j MV.
Speaker 13: Charlomagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. This is a best of today. Charlemagne and I are out, but we have to do Past the Aux.
Speaker 9: We got to congratulate Nyla. Nyla is his Past the Ouks show.
Speaker 7: Last week.
Speaker 13: It was successful and everybody had an amazing time, So congratulations to you.
Speaker 23: Thank you guys. It was really really dope. Shout out to everybody who pulled up and supported. Shout out to all the artists who went and networked and got to connect, and shout out to all the people who hit the stage. Nate Taylor, Cokee, Carl Chi Chi, Thoks, Jehovah, Childish Major, and of course my brother Friday for coming through.
Speaker 7: And the beauty of it is. Nihla is doing another one next month.
Speaker 23: Okay, yeah, October twentieth, Safe Day. It's gonna be an R and B night. So it's all R and B ACX down to the openers as well, and I'm just excited because we just have a lot of dope opportunities for upcoming artists to expand, like their brands personally through Past the Ox.
Speaker 18: More to come, More to come.
Speaker 9: So let's jump right into it. Past the Ox.
Speaker 7: It's time for past They.
Speaker 9: Yeah, DJ comes comes, all right, where are we starting? All right?
Speaker 23: This week we're gonna start in Brooklyn with Sleepy Harlow's new joint featuring Doc Is called Anxiety.
Speaker 5: I love this record.
Speaker 18: I feel like mentally I'm here.
Speaker 7: I need to get Sleepy Hollow to come perform that at the Mental Health Expo this year. That's hard, So he'd want to come up here.
Speaker 13: He's been trying to come up here, but we couldn't do it because of you know, we've been moving and shaking. But he wants to come up here and talk about some of the stuff that he's been going through.
Speaker 9: Shot the Skin in Puerto Rican Rob. They've been trying to get him up here.
Speaker 7: So and I got a salute because man, man, don't she in. Dojah Cat to me makes some of the best music out there. And I'm not even talking about just as far as women artists, I'm just somebody in general.
Speaker 5: That's a fact.
Speaker 7: They're really fantastic artists, both of them.
Speaker 23: Well, speaking up, taking up, we got Dojiah Cat another single off of her album called Ballot.
Speaker 5: I think I'm saying that.
Speaker 7: Right, Dosia Cat is out hip hopping everybody.
Speaker 18: You hear me out hip hopping.
Speaker 13: She's out everybody, She's killing.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 9: I love those' music. Those should be putting on some dope music.
Speaker 7: The production she chooses, the way she's in her rap bag. She's out hip hopping everybody, and she's outrolling everybody on social media.
Speaker 23: That is true, out rapping and outro For those who are saying that she's not a rapper, I just feel like, yeah, she's definitely a rapper.
Speaker 7: I don't think she's out rapping everybody. I think she's out hip hopping, out rapping a lot of people. But she's she can rap, but she's not, she's she's lopper. It's the way. It's the production she chooses. Man, she's out very very nineties.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 23: I want to talk to mouse about this because mouss for a and down that she is not a rapper.
Speaker 7: She's a rappers. It's like she's not What is his reason? Because she sings.
Speaker 23: And yeah, I think it's like she's a pop stars and it's like what is Drake is a rapper or a pop star?
Speaker 7: What is Nicki Mina? Like like that's the thing. Like people rap and they sing. Now she's a rapper and they pop his pop culture. So yes, most hip hop artists are pop artists, but those just a rapper.
Speaker 5: I agree, all right?
Speaker 23: And then lastly, I'm gonna take it to Atlanta with Domani in his new record call Sleep It Off Been Dope.
Speaker 18: Sure?
Speaker 7: Did he say do you smell? Do I smell like my father when you hug me?
Speaker 21: Yes?
Speaker 15: How would that girl know what he talked to?
Speaker 23: His mom?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 9: His mom?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, got you got you got video for it is well.
Speaker 23: I don't know if it was a full video or just a clip that he posted, but it's really cool. He has like a girl doing ballet dancing while he's playing the piano. I don't know, it's pretty artistic.
Speaker 7: The money Been Dope, like he's actually really really dope. You know, I don't. I don't think you think it's t I shadow you think people can't separate him from being sha We think it is.
Speaker 18: I think it's just time. I like his stuff.
Speaker 23: So I think.
Speaker 13: Go get to a point where a lot of his fans are not even gonna know. They not even know if his music.
Speaker 18: That's what I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's the only a matter of time for somebody.
Speaker 23: Like the Money, and his sound is completely different from way different. So I don't even I don't even bring that up. Or so yeah, that's what I got. Makes you guys, download the Past the Aucs playlist. It's available on Apple Music. You can get to it by clicking the link in my bio on Instagram at n Y l A S Y M O N E E.
Speaker 7: And the next Past the Augs Live will be win October twentieth.
Speaker 5: Makes you guys are there.
Speaker 23: It's an R and B night, so you know, bring your lady and you know if you single too. We got some of the songs for y'all to don't worry. It's a little bit of everything.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I seen videos one of our producers up here. Brandon looked like he was having an amazing time.
Speaker 23: Brandon was turned. I heard Brandon was really really turned. He actually disappeared on us. We're like, it's Brandon, Okay, told y'all he was going. I heard though, Nah, he ain't telling me.
Speaker 7: Within these streets. I gotta go. You didn't want to go no after party, knowing nothing He was spoken, Oh my god.
Speaker 18: All right, well, thank you, yes of course, and listen.
Speaker 7: I want to tell everybody too, man, make sure you check out Just Hilarious at the Cleveland Improv this weekend. Man, it's Luthor the Good Sister Jess. She's got two shows to night, two shows tomorrow. Go to Cleveland Improv dot com to get your tickets. All right, go check out Just Hilarious in Cleveland this weekend, two shows to night, two shows tomorrow. Go to Cleveland Improv dot com to get your tickets. All right.
Speaker 9: Now, when we come back, we got my mix to people's choice mixes.
Speaker 7: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 13: It's DJ NV Charlomage to god.
Speaker 9: We are the Breakfast Club. Now.
Speaker 13: It's signed for the Positive Note, Charloamonne, you got some positivity for the people.
Speaker 7: I do have a positive note. But I want to tell y'all, man, make sure y'all go check out our good sister, justse Hilarious. She's in Cleveland all weekend. She's got two shows to night, two shows tomorrow at the Cleveland Improv. You can go to Cleveland Improv dot com to get your tickets Just Hilarious in Cleveland Tonight two shows Tomorrow two shows Cleveland improv dot com to get your tickets. In the positive notice, simply this. It comes from the Great Don Miguel Ruiz. I love Don Miguel Ruiz. Remember this this weekend. You cannot change other people. You love them the way they are, or you don't. You accept them the way they are, or you don't. To try to change them to fit what you want them to be is like trying to change your dog for a cat, or a cat for a horse. Please remember that. Have a good weekend.
Speaker 9: Breakfast club bitches, you don't
Speaker 7: Finish or y'all done