Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on.
Speaker 3: This meet Friday, Dan and the Dan Antce Dan Patrick Show, The King of Comedy, Todd Fritz in the back row seat and O'Connor, Marv, Paulie yours truly in the back room.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: It's a meat Friday. It's National Something on a Stick Day. That's the official title. It's National Something on a Stick Day. Teriaki, beef skewers, barbecue, chicken kebobs and corn dogs.
Speaker 2: Who I said better.
Speaker 3: Than we do nobody. I went out and inspected these skewers. Actually they're spilling all over the kitchen floor. Paulie was out there trying to mop it up a little bit.
Speaker 4: There had a couple of bites, a little bit, just a snack.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Stat of the day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. The Blockbuster Oscar winning movie Wicket is now streaming only on Peacock. Got a garage sale Spring clearance sale at Dan Patrick. Do we say good morning If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. Our streaming partner. Your phone calls are welcome operator Tyler is sitting by Florida handles Maryland Florida's bench handles Maryland Duke dominates Arizona, Alabama with the three point barrage, roughs up BYU Texas Tech in overtime, comes from behind to beat Arkansas. John Caliperry's a Hall of Famer. He's won a national championship. He's one of the great recruiters in college basketball history. But March is not kind to coach cow. Over the last five tournaments, his team has been a disappointment. Missed a tournament, they were upset in the first round by number fifteen Saint Peter's second round loss, a shocking upset at the hands of number fourteen Oakland, and now last night Arkansas blew a sixteen point lead and fell to Texas Tech in the sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: Now to be fair.
Speaker 3: Two tournament wins in his first year at Arkansas nothing to sneeze at, but for a coach with his pedigree, the expectations are high and he's taking over. Eric Musselman is a very good coach who had March success there. But you know, maybe he's building something. I don't know how long he wants to coach, but I think that they were a pleasant surprise. They started out zero and five, but then you have a sixteen point lead in the second half. Give credit to Texas Tech, but he still blew a sixteen point lane. Poll question for hour two is going to be what see no counter?
Speaker 5: Well, we got a pull question along those lines, But first let me get to the more important topic.
Speaker 2: Corn dogs are awesome or terrible? Okay?
Speaker 5: Right now, seventy four percent of the people are saying awesome, all right, and someone actually said too, anyone who.
Speaker 2: Voted terrible is terrible. Okay, Okay. I can't really argue with that. You like what you like, you know, and I don't think there's middle ground on a corn dog. Either like it or you don't, that's all.
Speaker 3: But I think I only have it when I go to a festival or a state fair or something like that. I don't think I've had a corn dog. This might be my first corn dog that is not in, you know, in that genre.
Speaker 5: I think the back room guys here are big corn dog enthusiasts. I think I think there's a corn dog semi regularly. Oh, I think, okay, I think we also have what's worse to lose a five point lead with twelve seconds left or a sixteen point lead with eleven minutes left. Right now, eighty percent of the audience are voting with five point leads or twelve seconds left.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a regular season game. The Arkansas loss obviously postseasons. Oh, that one's worse. Yeah, that one's worse. Wait, wait, you guys.
Speaker 4: That was a group reaction.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, twelve seconds things, crazy things happen twelve seconds.
Speaker 5: So just inbound the ball and that's all right here, that's all you have to do.
Speaker 3: Here's Lebron James on the mistakes that cost the Lakers last night.
Speaker 6: Gave up a lot of threes in the fourth quarter. Must still put our seven position to win. Horrible turnover by myself, bad mis miscommunication played before that, and me ar still hit a big bucket. Try to save us and then tip you had someone makes a game winner from a half.
Speaker 3: Court That is terrible. I mean, that can't happen, You're Lebron James. That doesn't happen. That can't happen. All right, miscommunication, bad inbounds pass, somebody forgot to pick up the guy shooting the three, knowing that they needed to shoot a three, they just let Josh Getty get a clean shot off at half court. By the way, this is how it sounded last night.
Speaker 1: Three point three left, what's seventeen?
Speaker 2: What sixty akers?
Speaker 1: William Sageti over the midpoint like.
Speaker 2: And it goes big click. Hold, HiT's gone.
Speaker 1: HiT's gone, Hicks gone.
Speaker 7: Goos goes not goose not Josh Steady cut the turn, cut the bus lego.
Speaker 8: What the poligame?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the madness in March madness.
Speaker 3: It hasn't been the NCAA Tournament, although Texas Tech winning in overtime and uh, you know a clutch basket there in the in the closing seconds. But you got four games coming up tonight, and for entertainment purposes, you have Michigan State three and a half point favored over Old Miss Tennessee favored by four and a half against Kentucky, Auburn favored by eight and a half against Michigan, and Houston favored by eight and a half against Purdue. Jason in Sacramento, Hi, Jas, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey I guys, the're have you meet Friday?
Speaker 2: Thank you bu I want to make a quarter.
Speaker 8: Bike a comment about cor dogs. I think it's Ross Tucker awesome, especially State Fair. You can have a beer in one hand corn dog and the other I got a Cooper flag. Top presses me most about him as his defense. I mean, he's guys all over the floor, his length to shoot the three. I'm want to go Andre Keralinko that one.
Speaker 9: That's a good dat, all right.
Speaker 3: Andre Carolinko ak forty seven? He was He was a really really good defender. I don't see flag that kind of defender, although I think he had three blocks last night. But Andre Carolinko would be up for defensive Player of the Year. He was really good, played most of his career in Utah. But didn't he get a Hall pass.
Speaker 2: From his wife? A yearly Hall pass?
Speaker 3: So I think he I think, yeah, I think he got more notoriety for that than he did his play on the basketball court. I think his wife gave him a Hall pass every year. Look that up, Paulie, Well, my computer will be okay, yeah, checking, yeah, Marvin, do you remember that Andre Carolinko hall pass?
Speaker 9: Kind of but I didn't know whether it was true or not. I thought it was just hearsay.
Speaker 2: I think he talked about it.
Speaker 9: She said, Okay, so every year in Orlando.
Speaker 3: In Miami, Yeah, not Orlando, Miami, all right, yeah, Atlanta, yeah, okay, yes, Paul, Yeah.
Speaker 10: This is a story from almost fifteen years ago. Jazz Ford Andre Carolinko told ESPN the magazine that his wife has given him a one year hall pass. She's aware of the situations in being on the road. She understands, and she wants to be forthcoming, wants them to be forthcoming with each other, and so it's a one time per year Haulpank. Okay, how do you think that worked with the Carolinko family. Was there a text going on? Was there an announcement?
Speaker 3: I don't know if you have to say anything at some well you have to register that one what she's given you the hall pass? Does she need to know when you use the hall pass? Do you want to know when he's using the hall pass? Yes, Paul, Like, is it an actual hall pass? Like he's going to wherever Detroit for the weekend. Here's your here's your hall pass, bring it back when way Wait Detroit, I'm going to Miami in two weeks. No, your hall pass is in Detroit. Okay, man, yeah, Andrei Carolinko, not a hall pass.
Speaker 9: Man. What about if he had a doubleheader with the Lakers and the Clippers?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, just one.
Speaker 3: You gotta choose, you know, it's not one stop you know where you're in LA for the Clippers and Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay? Any who? Any who? Any who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cooper flag comp andre Carolinko, You're not even old enough to get that past stamped.
Speaker 2: By the way, like you come home.
Speaker 5: It's like a bus pass or something that's like stamped and like, oh okay, interesting, validate.
Speaker 2: It's like a parking ticket. Three stamps. Really okay, all right, okay, your whole passport. See what I did with that fansport?
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul I found the original article. Masha Lapatova told the Salt Lake Tribune and six the whole story. She said, it's just like raising children. No pizza, no pizza, no pizza Saturday, you could have pizza. It's a little different. Yeah, but it's a confirmed story.
Speaker 2: I don't you know. It's not one of those.
Speaker 3: And sometimes guys will do this, they'll bring up a story just to see how their wife reacts, Like, isn't it crazy. This guy's wife said he could have a whole pass when he traveled on the road. And then you want to gauge what your wife's gonna say. If she says, oh, that is terrible.
Speaker 11: I test those words all the time, A lot of lonely nights in the guest room.
Speaker 2: Nathan in Austin, Hi, Nathan, Hey.
Speaker 12: Y'all, how's it going?
Speaker 7: First time?
Speaker 12: Long time?
Speaker 7: Five eight hefty three bills?
Speaker 12: I was gonna say, you'll need to come down to the Texas State are sometime not on a stick, but we have fried Coca Cola Let's fair as well, which is pretty crazy. The reason I'm coming actually is I'm getting married this weekend and I haven't listened to EL since I as a kid. I'm not trying to get too serious, but I love hearing about y'all being gray husbands and dad. Do you have any solicited advice for me this weekend? Not unflicited, look at it?
Speaker 3: Okay, the wedding is this weekend. The first thing I would say is make sure your best man doesn't get drunk and go off the rails with his speech. That's really really important. Make sure that you tell the mother of the bride, how beautiful she looks. Make sure you thank everybody for all the hard work that they did, because the wedding is really about the mother in law as much as it is your wife. Make sure you tell your wife she looks beautiful and it's her night. Whatever she might be emotional, it doesn't matter. You're there just to you're gonna help her no matter what. It's not about you, it's about her, and I think if you go into that, that's a good way to go into marriage. Make it about her and she'll repay you tenfold.
Speaker 12: Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Are you nervous.
Speaker 12: A little bit?
Speaker 13: The mother in law thing you said is probably the most nervous thing.
Speaker 2: I end that we've been.
Speaker 12: Dealing with some curveballs on that front, but.
Speaker 2: We're getting that.
Speaker 3: We don't need to mention anybody's names here, but curveball's a little tension.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a mother in law.
Speaker 3: Okay, Uh, well, good luck, good luck, Nathan. Let us know how it goes, you know, call us back. I have to maybe next week.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's that whole Uh you're not marrying a person, You're marrying a family thing. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, I think about that.
Speaker 3: They're always going to be there holidays, birthdays, graduations.
Speaker 2: Those people you see this weekend, they're always going.
Speaker 9: To be there.
Speaker 2: Yes, make sure you want to hang out with them for the rest of your life. Exactly. Yeah, you know, yeah, I didn't think that all the way through. It's like, make sure they're going to want to hang out with you. That is true, That is true. Yeah. AnyWho, Yeah, that's that's tough.
Speaker 3: When you really have to acknowledge the mother in law you do, it can be tricky, but uh, I mean this is just the start of navigating tricky moments.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 3: Wait, when you're arguing with your mother in law and your wife just gave birth to a ten pound baby and she's still in the hospital, and your mother in law is complaining about the child's name, Now that's a hypothetical.
Speaker 2: You know, some guy I'm asking for a friend.
Speaker 3: That mother in law was like not going to call my I mean, this child by his name because she said Jack is a grown up's name and I will not call him. That calls my wife in the hospital and then she says, put down on the phone. Yes, wait, will you stop this?
Speaker 14: Okay, just just humor her, okay for me please, Okay, we survived. You know you survived, Todd.
Speaker 11: Is that a common thing you think that in law would be like, I'm not gonna call whatever I don't like that name.
Speaker 2: No, that's not normal.
Speaker 9: No, it seems like a loaded situation.
Speaker 3: Yea, my wife, my mom never said anything about the names that all my brothers have for their sisters have for their kids.
Speaker 2: Never said a word, never said m you know, I knew something.
Speaker 3: My mother in law would say, I knew somebody and she had a mole on their upper lip. Oh, I know somebody who got hit by the subway who had that. And we're like, no matter what name we came up with, she had a terrible story to tell you down.
Speaker 5: Yes, my mom was so paranoid about being the bad mother in law that she actually never says anything about anything.
Speaker 2: She doesn't say if.
Speaker 5: Whether she agrees this, she's like, okay, well you know you too, YouTube marched to the beat of your own drum. I get things like that. You know where she's she just she does not want to get in the way of anything. She's very like kid gloved.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys do what you do. I do, it's your family, you do.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll take a break here. Clark Kellogg on loan from CBS Sports. Will you Charles Barkley in an hour from now, We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 15: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 16: You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 15: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 16: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world.
Speaker 15: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss.
Speaker 16: And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 15: So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too.
Speaker 15: Take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say.
Speaker 16: I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out.
Speaker 15: Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search kobeen on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up.
Speaker 3: Spent a lot of time first hour, we talked about Duke Cooper Flag, Alabama, that shot selection, and Texas Tech Arkansas. You got the games coming up tonight. Clark Kellogg is there to observe and then tell us what he observed. He's CBS Sports college basketball analyst and the former first round pick by the Pacers.
Speaker 2: Special k Good to talk to you again. Where do you want to start?
Speaker 3: What's the game that we should be talking about the result today?
Speaker 7: Well, it's be hard to not to talk about the Alabama game if you're looking at what they did last night as far as a record setting performance from behind the three point line. Remarkable and Duke again, Cooper flag has been had as advertised all season long. He's a remarkable two way player and what he does at both ends of the floor with a moxie and a maturity and a joy that it's hard to compare to for a first year guy in recent memory.
Speaker 3: But we love these player comps. So I don't know if you delve into this, but if you were going to do a player comp for Cooper Flag, eighteen year old Cooper Flag, who would your player comp be?
Speaker 7: Man, I don't know if I have one, Dan. I try to avoid that just because it's pressurizing and not always fair to either party. So I'll reserve judgment on that one because I really don't have anybody in mind.
Speaker 2: What about style though, the style of play, that's a great question.
Speaker 7: I would need to give it some more thought. I love his athleticism, his tenacity, and I mentioned this joy and exuberance that he plays with that's special. I mean you can tell that he loves to play, he loves being on the floor, he loves being part of a team, and he's growing into allowing his talent to give him the permission to stand up and stand out. And that's a process.
Speaker 3: I'm just worry because we like to go from zero to sixty. So Cooper Flag is the next Larry Bird. Well he's not that's not fair. I said, if he has the career that Kevin Love has had, that would be a good career. But he reminds me a little bit of Kevin Durant. I think that he can get that mid range like he likes contact variety, shot inside outside, and uh so I see a little bit of Kevin Durant style wise in his game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that. I mean, similar builds, similar explosiveness. KD was such a remarkable shot maker, even at an early age, and he only refined it as he became a call of fame probe. I don't see Cooper shooting it quite as well right now at this stage, but I could see where that comparison would come to mind against similar builds, the same kind of exuberance Kate KD plays with that same type of reckless of banding kind of joy. I'm lost in the game, nothing else matters, and you love seeing that in players that have the skill set that that Cooper flag as. I mean, he made some flat passes class that were absolutely I mean that's another level when you see a guy see a frame ahead or a frame and a half ahead and make plays on the move at his size. That's another degree of specialness in my mind.
Speaker 3: Is the tournament better when we hate Duke because this is a team that people don't hate this team.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just a good, a great team. But there's no villain on there.
Speaker 7: Dan, you know, I love whatever the tournament gives us every year, and that's the beautiful thing about this three weeks. Whatever your particular flavor of choice is. If you need a villain, if you need a dominant team, if you want Cinderellas, you're gonna find what you want. And even if you don't in a given year, it still is gonna deliver and captivate. It's just the magic and nature of a three week, one and done run to a championship from sixty eight teams to one shining moment, and on that journey, there's going to be something that surprises you, and a lot of it is going to move you and captivate you, even if you're not a Rabbit fan.
Speaker 3: Wait, did CBS write that for you? That sounds like a promotional, like a commercial.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 7: I do my own writing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do my own writing.
Speaker 3: Clark Kellogg CBS Sports College basketball analyst. Did Arkansas have a great year this year?
Speaker 7: I think I had a really good second half of the season and a remarkable tournament run. I think you can separate regular season was turbulent and bumpy and disjoin it, but cal thrives in that type of environment. I thought he did it when he was the first to really embrace the one and done era, and he may have been the only coach who could have successfully embraced that eight, nine, ten year period where he was resetting his roster every year and still competing at a high level. And he had a team this year that went through some difficulty from a personnel standpoint injury guys, establishing roles, and then have them playing at a high level. They're a basket away from still being alive in the tournament. So I think a remarkable tournament run and a really good second half of the year where the Hawks found themselves and played some really good basketball.
Speaker 3: Aside from Duke, most of these teams aren't relying on freshmen that there there's been a and I don't know if it's temporary, but there has been a shift in bringing in the players who have experience. Yeah, it feels like that's the model, and I've been saying that Cali Perry needed to do that. At Kentucky. You're getting all these guys, but they're there for six months. The guys you're losing to are players who have been there for two and three years, getting like some kind of happy medium there. And I don't know if that's the new philosophy in college basketball.
Speaker 7: Well, I think when you're going, when you're talking about sustainable success, I think continuity is important, Dan, whatever business you're in, leadership continuity, roster continuity, personnel continuity, it's significantly important to sustainable success. You can get flash in the pan success doing it the other way, but you've got to have a blend of continuity. And you're right. Because of the landscape nil the transfer portal, there are far more older teams in the country, and I thought there was a chance we might not see any one seeds in the final four about six seven, eight weeks ago because the quality of teams across the country. I thought it had really been elevated because of what you just said in terms of teams being older, the extra COVID year, the freedom of the transfer portal, and a number of rosters were being constituted through a little bit of recruiting and retention and a lot of adding more experienced, talented older players.
Speaker 2: You played against Larry and Magic yep, and Michael, Yeah.
Speaker 7: He came in two years. See he came in with Barkley, so they were two years after I got drafted.
Speaker 2: Okay, tougher to guard, well.
Speaker 7: My goodness, I didn't have to guard any of those guys. I did guard Bird a little bit, and he was a handful because he was so much stronger than he appeared, and he was such a great competitor and player. Michael obviously was another level at his position and in the game. Guys that gave me the greatest challenge. The guy who I didn't like to see at all was Binar King. He was with the Knicks at the time, and he was salivating the whole game for opportunities to give you the business. I'm not not just going through the motion, salivating to give you the business. So he was a hard hard cover. His intensity, his quickness, his shot making ability, and the fact that they ran an awful lot of the offense. H'll be Brown was coaching at the time, and Bernard got touches probably sixty percent of the time they had the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if not for that knee injury. I mean, Bernard was he was buckets man.
Speaker 7: He big time, big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was six', six but he'd take you down on the blocks and, yeah he was gonna he was gonna, come he rise up on.
Speaker 2: You yeah he's.
Speaker 7: Cooking he had the quick, release and he had an array of, moves but the quickness of his jump and release is really what allowed him to do such damage against bigger guys with his back to the.
Speaker 2: Goal your Favorite Charles barkley story is WHAT.
Speaker 7: I actually got the better Of, Charles and he'll probably tell you. This there were three guys he kind of looked at as he was thinking about being a pro and kind of pattern his game after and it Was Adrian, Dantlee John, drew and. Me and my first meeting With, CHARLES i got the best of, him and he told me afterwards that he was maybe just a tad and all BECAUSE i was kind of a guy he had looked up. To but we unfortunately had to play them within a matter of a week or two of me getting the best of. Him the prior meeting and the second, meeting he came at me like he wanted to kill. ME i, mean he was coming hard into my, body, reckless and actually got the better of me in that second. MEETING i don't know if he'll recall it quite the WAY i, do but when you're on the receiving end of his force and, physicality it has a tendency to stay on your hard drive for a long.
Speaker 2: Time give, me give me the surprise tonight of the, games the.
Speaker 7: Surprise, Wow, man we Got, Houston, Purdue, Kentucky. TENNESSEE i tell, You michigan is an interesting team to me in That auburn. Matchup auburn's been really. Good six guys have average double digits in the. Tournament they've been the best and most consistent team all. Season BUT i since there might be a little bit out of kilter there the two big guys that would be the surprise of the games That i'm looking. At If michigan takes care of the, ball if they can squeeze that orange and they've done it pretty, well only twenty three turnovers in the first two tournament. Games they had average thirteen or fourteen a games during the regular. Season they take care of the ball and get good guard. PLAY i think they might be able to pull a. Surprise and part of that is the Jab charles. Too you, know he'll be on, Needles he'll be on fens and needles watching this one to night with his Beloved alba. Mother so, Yeah i'm taking the jab in. Him but, also even Though i'm A buck, GUY i do like to see The big ten succeed in these postseason. Tournaments So i'm leaning at that one as a potential.
Speaker 3: Surprise, Yeah i'm with you on that because you got two seven footers For. Michigan, uh not something we normally see in college, basketball but, Yeah michigan kind of sneaky good this. Year but, hey it's great to catch up with you as, always and thanks for. Joining great. Job it's like you're cleaning up after the elephant in the. Circus well when you're there With charles and you're not quite sure if he's watching the game or watching the game he's supposed to be, watching and then all of a, Sudden ernie has to go to you and it's Like clark and then you'll break down what you saw in the first.
Speaker 7: Half good, stuff, Man great to be with you. Always a. Pleasure enjoy your time With charles. Too it'll be.
Speaker 2: Fun thank, You.
Speaker 3: Clark That's Clark, KELLOGG Cbs sports college basketball. Analyst and, uh he was picked eighth overall by The pacers back and fineteen eighty two special K let me See logan In. Indiana, Hi, logan what's on your one?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 11: Dan how you doing?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 17: Hey six foot, two forty corn dog Eleven. OKAN i was just sitting here thinking about.
Speaker 13: It So Cooper.
Speaker 17: FLAG i know he won't, get you, know to a team that would win a, championship because they'll be drafted so. High but what happens if the team he goes to wins a, championship they're all having the champagne. Shower he's under, eight so he's in the corner with as wels as champagne since he can't drink. Yet and, uh but, YEAH i just didn't know about.
Speaker 2: That, well that's not going to happen anytime, Soon.
Speaker 3: LOGAN i don't think for The Utah jazz or The, wizards The, Spurs. Hornets college basketball has gotten older in twenty, nineteen so the year BEFORE, covid the average age of starters On sweet sixteen teams was twenty point. Eight in twenty twenty, one the number jump to twenty one point. Two now it's up to twenty one point. Six so that's more than three quarters of the players who will start last night and tonight that can legally grab a beer after the. Game auburn starting five is over twenty three years of. Age by, comparison IF i look At TUESDAY'S nba game between The jazz and The, grizzlies the average age of the ten starters exactly twenty three years of.
Speaker 18: Age startup to day start of, today status to DAY startu to day a statu today start today startup to day.
Speaker 3: Startup stat of The day brought to you By Pennini, america the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick. Show So auburn starting five is older than The grizzlies And Utah jazz starting. Five the average age FIVE nba teams their most recent starting lineups were younger Than, auburn's Including. Washington washington's average age for their starters is just over twenty one years of. Age they're not only, young they're not. Good and Is Cooper flagg the? Savior utah trying to tank? NOW i know gms hate.
Speaker 2: This we're not. Tanking well what you.
Speaker 3: Do and then go back to my conversation With Mark cuban THAT i think cost him a half million dollars where he said it's really managerial tanking that you, know the front office is, saying let's play some of these. Players, hey we want to see what we have with this, guy and if we happen to lose some, games that would be.
Speaker 2: Great but we're not tanking where you.
Speaker 3: ARE i, mean you're still putting a product out, there and those guys want to play hard and. Win but really what you're doing is we're gonna sit our better players and put those guys out. There by the, Way Ronnie james has been on a little bit of a heater in THE G. League had thirty nine, points, right fifty fifth.
Speaker 9: Pick i've been saying that since day.
Speaker 3: One, yeah, yes he's he's doing fifty fifth pick. Stuff maybe a little more than, that but that's that's you, know that's. Impressive put up thirty.
Speaker 2: NINE i just.
Speaker 3: HOPE i just wanted him to get to, play that's. ALL i, mean you're in your dad's, shadow a huge, shadow and now he's getting a chance to play and nobody's you, know watching IT'S G league. Basketball now you're seeing highlights, now and those are nice little numbers that he's putting. Up and you, know he's being called a poor Man's Tony. Parker, OKAY i Mean i'd take.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 3: Now It's Lebron james's, son so maybe you expect him to Be Tony, parker but he's a poor. MAN i saw him described as a poor Man's Tony, parker who's A hall Of. Famer all, right we'll take a. Break more phone calls coming, up And Charles barkley will join us next. Hour we're back after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App here's a random. THOUGHT i Saw Scotty. Scheffler he was playing golf, yesterday and when he has the, growth when he has a little bit of a, beard he looks a little bit Like Bill murray In, caddyshack you know when you have the four or five day. Growth for some, REASON i, said, oh he looks Like Bill murray And Caddy, shack a movie That. Marvin you've Seen, caddyshack, RIGHT i. Have you just haven't Seen hoosiers?
Speaker 9: Yet?
Speaker 2: Correct, okay but you told me that you were going To that was a take home assignment.
Speaker 9: Homework homework really wasn't my, thing But i'm going to do.
Speaker 3: It, yeah just just do it so we can, all you, know share something in. Common is there any other movies THAT i should be? WATCHING i don't know what you, have and haven't you know?
Speaker 9: What i'll Watch. Hoosiers you Watch Blue, chips all?
Speaker 2: Right is That Nick? Nolty? Yes, okay Like i'm gonna need a tractor in ten granded cash something like.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, dan you didn't see any Of Blue.
Speaker 10: Chips, No i'm kind of surprised that that was A it was a major sports movie when it came. Out it's a little hokey in, parts But Nick, nolty that's a pretty serious actor to get in.
Speaker 4: There, yeah pay hard.
Speaker 9: AWAY i don't Know Bob knight's in.
Speaker 2: It, YEAH i know.
Speaker 13: THAT i just it just.
Speaker 2: Never it wasn't one of those WHERE i, GO i gotta see.
Speaker 9: It oh, wait, wait you have to watch it only because the athletic, director, yeah is played By Bob. Coosey.
Speaker 4: Yeah oh and he has a real. Role, okay all, right maybe.
Speaker 9: So who's just this. Weekend Jimmy. Chitwood that's his, name, right.
Speaker 3: And, yeah all, right don't leave him. Open but he can take you off the. Dribble Jimmy chitwood can take you off the. Dribble i'll make you, Cood, Yes i'll Make most cars on the road could use a LITTLE tlc At. Mako they bring your car back to, life affordable pea chumps like collision. Repairs get a free estimate. Today uh, oh better get.
Speaker 14: Makou let me.
Speaker 3: See john In. California, Hey, john thanks for holding what's on your mind?
Speaker 13: Today good, Morning Dan. Patrick show how you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Great, john first, time long.
Speaker 13: Time you guys are, awesome, Awesome really appreciate what you. Do at the risk of getting, distracted Mister, PATRICK i like your first comparison this morning when you Compared cooper flag To. Tatum they're both really. Good cooper five might be a little bit, taller but they can both shoot from outside and take someone off the. Dribble. Yeah in the scheme of your poll question and being a live Long laker, FAN i would go with The lakers. Loss last night watching The lakers game was the first, time minus one other, activity in WHICH i said oh out loud three times within a twelve second.
Speaker 2: Period, yeah you can't lose that.
Speaker 3: GAME i don't want to put the loss on one, person BUT i Mean lebron that passes lazy And Josh giddy made a great play on. That you get the three and then he comes, up you, know really. Unobstructed he's, Like i'm going to dribble. Up all, RIGHT i got a shot at half. Court even if it doesn't go, in you put yourself in a position where they.
Speaker 2: Could have won that.
Speaker 6: Game.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing all, right who had the best week in? Sports it can be a, person it can be a, team it can be really whatever you want it to. Be Like paulie set the, example best week In sports was turned in by.
Speaker 10: Who this is a group of, PEOPLE nfl kick. Returners the kickoff is coming back even more so next. Year you're gonna get a lot more opportunity to do your, job not just take a. Knee SO i think current and future kick returners you're gonna have a place in THE.
Speaker 3: Nfl, okay all, right here's another random, thought AND i. APOLOGIZE i have ad adhd or whatever it.
Speaker 2: IS i Got. Dan who is it de? Gras Dan? Graziano? Right he looks like.
Speaker 3: Who is the guy in John wick Where Keanu reeves visits with? Him he's the older guy who runs sort of the syndicate or whatever it is he Needs.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, yes, yes, Yeah de graz is a. Younger uh whoever that guy?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes that guy's awesome.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 2: Yes but for some, REASON i WHENEVER i SEE d on the Mother, SHIP i think of that.
Speaker 5: Guy let's see That fella's name Is ian, McShane, okay and he plays a character Called.
Speaker 2: Winston can you See Dan graziano in that?
Speaker 9: Character?
Speaker 4: There it's ALL i see that old.
Speaker 2: Police, okay it's ALL i, See okay De, Gros, Yes, PAUL.
Speaker 4: I see where you're going in the eyes and. Eyebrows. Okay ian McShane very.
Speaker 2: Popular, Okay ian McShane is a, boss all. Right todd who had the best week in?
Speaker 4: Sports i'm going with recently bias Of Josh.
Speaker 9: Giddy looking at his last three.
Speaker 11: Games scored twenty, five twenty six and fifteen, rebounds fourteen seven and, ten, assists eleven nine and seventeen and of course what he did last, night So josh, giddy.
Speaker 3: He's had one of the great ten game stretches in those, categories which is crazy to, Say, uh setan who had the best week in?
Speaker 5: Sports that's The josh gitty by the. Way, Ooh i'm gonna say, actually so maybe slightly. CONTROVERSIAL i Think STEPHEN. A smith has had the best week in.
Speaker 3: Sports well if you want attention, correct which is essentially that's exactly what he's.
Speaker 5: Done and he's made an unbelievable amount of money getting attention like, that and he has absolutely crushed the attention game this.
Speaker 3: Week does anybody else agree That steven a has had a great weekend?
Speaker 2: Sports? MARVIN i.
Speaker 9: Do it's a good start to his new. Contract, okay he's doing numbers right.
Speaker 2: Now all, Right.
Speaker 4: Paul his job is to bring in ratings FOR. Espn. Period he's doing. It you may not like how he does it or the, content but that's a separate.
Speaker 3: Topic, well if you want to be an, entertainer that's what he's. Doing if you're entertained by. Them he used to be a, Journalist now he's an. Entertainer when you're Challenging lebron when you're gonna say that you're gonna release some gossip on playing like it's.
Speaker 2: It's just the rules have changed AT.
Speaker 3: Espn you know McAfee as, Well like those are the two, guys and those guys get, ratings and that's what you.
Speaker 2: Want todd who had the best week in? Sports i'm still gonna go With Josh. Giddy, okay that's. RIGHT i was.
Speaker 3: GONNA i was gonna, SEE i was gonna see if you want to do you try to trick.
Speaker 2: ME i Was marvin who had the best week in?
Speaker 9: Sports you just mentioned. Him pat McAfee Getting Lebron james for an hour and fifteen, minutes.
Speaker 3: Good for, Him, yeah even if you had to pay, him And i'm guessing they paid, him but then they have NO i mean they admit that upfront with McAfee Or belichick Or Nick, saban say you paid him a half million dollars or. Something just, hey would you come in for an? Hour give you a half million? Dollars sounds, crazy but you know those singers who go To dubai and some of these other countries are, Like i'll go over, there but you got to give me a million.
Speaker 2: Dollars, okay you got a million. Dollars, Yes, todd he.
Speaker 11: Wouldn't do, It but would it matter at all as far as how great a week Stephen a. Had If lebron, SAID i don't want anything to do with THE espn for the rest of my career and, beyond while Stephen a is still an, employee you, know.
Speaker 3: Because lebron wants the attention. Too they both they both got what they. Wanted they got. ATTENTION i mean That lebron goes on, McAfee AND i think part of the reason is let me take some shots ON espn at Stephen A smith and he can promote his new.
Speaker 2: Podcast but you know this was these are two.
Speaker 9: Masters are doing this had his big. Flex.
Speaker 2: YEAH i, MEAN i it's not for. ME i get tired of. It but they're doing what they're paid to.
Speaker 3: Do Charles, barkley he'll do what he's paid to do when he joins us in about twenty five minutes from, now more phone. Calls it's A Meet Friday Final hour coming up with The king Of Comedy Seaton Marv paula yours truly in the back, room, guys