Speaker 1: But yeah, I could do that only in WE bowling. I can't do the English the ball, That's what I'm talking about. I'm sorry. Did you think I met real bowling? Yeah? Oh, I meant I met WE bowling. Yeah, yeah, I don't care about Yeah, yeah that WE bowling bro we bowling rolling. Oh wait, no, this isn't that arkall.
Speaker 2: Are you guys talking about WE bowling? Oh shit, yes, yeah, yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Joey. How are you with the WE bowling?
Speaker 2: I would say not good, but I like, I'm a WE bowling appreciator, but not a WE bowling pro.
Speaker 1: How are you irl bowling?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I feel like I could have been a good bowler, but I feel like my first ten years of bowling, I just tried to purposely bowl really badly, Like I would do vertical layups and like fuck up the laying with the ball or it's like I would try to do like no look shots right, and it's like yeah, yeah, totally totally totally. Like I feel like, uh, if I actually tried, I could have been a good bowler, but I was too busy just like try to do it for the lulls, you know, right right, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Also that also insulates you from when it doesn't happen, Like, dude, I don't care, I'm just doing it. I wasn't trying. You have tears rolling down inside. Yeah that was me sobbing. That's the better approach because if I wasn't perfect, the second I tried something, I'd like rage quit it. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know you gotta do You gotta do everything, ironically, man, don't don't do like even I drive my car ironically this quote Mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're like almost sideswiping them and you're like rolling your eyes and doing the jerk off.
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, this guy gets it. It's not real driving. This is my wacky driving. It's just doing a goof.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three forty, episode two of Guy Stay production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep bap into America share consciousness. And it is Wednesday, May twenty ninth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Five twenty there. It's also a National five twenty nine Day, which is everybody's saving up for college one of those five twenty nine savings plans Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah for the kids. Also National flip Flop Day, National Cocoavant Day, National paper Clip Day, and National Senior Health and Fitness Day. Get fit, y'all. Do some strength training. Got to do strength training. Olds gotta do it.
Speaker 3: Am mobility old, and that is how they prefer to be addressed. So I think we're winning some converts. Right, gets a kick out of it when I say that to him.
Speaker 1: What's up, Old? Yeah? What's up? Old? Yeah?
Speaker 3: With with our recent uptick in bird and hummingbird content, I think we are attracting older demo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do some string training. Olds. Don't do cardio, you fall over and hurt. I'm doing pickleball, man, Start doing some fucking dead lifts.
Speaker 3: Dead list. My name is Jack O'Brien aka. Been golfing in the streets and hitting mincles.
Speaker 1: Donner, No I'm down or not no no, no swinging my clubs and public puff threes. No no, no, I'm down or not down or no. Golf in the streets and I don't know la though, No, no, no, I'm down or no, I don't know golfing with mod But his business talk for you.
Speaker 3: That is courtesy of Panoramic View on the discord in reference, it's a little peace frog Aka in reference to our conversation about golf, specifically schoolboy Q saying he made more money golfing than wrapping somehow, just closing deals on the let go, let him go on a tour again, and hopefully, God if he still made it on tour, I'd like golf rooting for.
Speaker 1: Rap to beat out golf.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host mister Miles Grass.
Speaker 1: Miles break a deadlift, shrimp and Aka just thinking about that it's on the old deadlift.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so it's meet Aka. Please take long till November. Please take long till November. Take your sweet time. Please take long till November. Please take long till November. Please take long till November. Please take your sweet time. Please take long till November. I can't believe that this is the last week of May. It's almost June, knows how. All I can say is like, take.
Speaker 1: Long till November. Take take till long till November, and give a kiss to my mother. All right, shot out no clue on the discord, little y cleft John gone till November. And I've been saying almost on a daily basis. Please take your time, November. Take you're good. We're good here, November. It's like the in between, just the in between space. That's that's fine, that's fine for now.
Speaker 3: Well, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a brilliant TV writer, perform and enrolled member of the cowl It's Indian tribe who's written on shows for Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, DreamWorks, the Netflix animated series Spirit Rangers. Yeah, he's the creator of the brilliant web series Gone Native. Please welcome back to the show. The Hilarious, the Talented Joey Cliff Joey.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, I'm Joey Cliff AKA Oh I'm Joey Cliff.
Speaker 1: Wo oh guess it. I was like, guys, take my hand, we'll record it. I swear I'm on the daily side.
Speaker 2: Geist shout out to me fifteen seconds ago when I realized to a parody song about myself.
Speaker 1: Did that fifteen seconds ago? I was off the that was off the dome man the Daily See. Yeah, we're fucked Jack. This guy came up with that fifteen fucking seconds Yeah, to help us. Fucking Genie.
Speaker 2: It's better than usually usually like you start singing and then I'm just like, oh ship google popular lyrics and it's just like okay, can I like can I do the the not like us like like verse like about like certified podcasts, certified Joey Cliff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go. So this I had like a little bit aheadway. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've noticed a lot of our guests block out the heart where we sing in their memory, so it's they just remember when we start singing.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh god, I forgot this show. Show as weird as fuck. Yeah, how you been, Joey. I'm doing good. I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I really excited you back in the daily Zye guys, I just want to Webby Award a week or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a you got a Webby Trophy behind you? Check you did you? Did you go to the ceremony? Not I did a number of years ago, so.
Speaker 2: Maybe so the Webby Awards it's such a you you probably know this, but the Webby Awards is such a wild experience. It's like the Emmy Awards are people who work in TV, the Oscars are people who work in movies, whereas the Webby Awards just people who do stuff on the internet. Yeah, so it's like you just so, it's just like you'll find yourself in a conversation with like Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and then three seconds later a conversation with like the person who makes memes for the aarpis Twitter account.
Speaker 1: And then like the fourth blippy body double like in case the first three are out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like my go to hangout group for the ceremony was a person who has a popular website about birds, and then also a founding member of the nineteen seventies New Way band the Go Gos. It's like, wow, it's just it's it's just like a fever dream of an experience. So I reckon if you're listening, I recommend winning a webbee. I think it's a good idea. It's a fun experience.
Speaker 1: Wait, which are the Go Gos? Was it Jane? Yeah? Yeah, she was super nice. Wasna Sorry? I didn't mean to like drop first. Yeah, I feel like but Jane Weedland is like I feel like the most visible Go go usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also, also somebody in a Grimace costume for McDonald's was there.
Speaker 1: So it's me Jane Whedland fucking Grimace. Yeah, it's like yeah, it's like me, Jane Grimace and somebody who has a fun blog who lives in Eugene, organ.
Speaker 3: Right or could you know what was being honored for?
Speaker 2: I think it was okay, So there was a I'm probably gonna butcher this, but I feel like there was like a like a Grimace flavored McDonald's ship that they had like a promo force.
Speaker 3: It was a big topic on this show. So I'm just curious. Did they win for all the like viral clips of the Grimace milkshake like brainwashing people into like killing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah it was that. Yeah, I assume it was that. I didn't look, I didn't have like we knew this all along. This was our plan. You're welcome the internet, and that was that was the one. Okay.
Speaker 2: So like folks like Julie, Luis Dreyfuss was there. There are a lot of other like big folks there. Did not take selfies with any of them, but the guy and the Grimaces. He was like, oh, I got a document this how that should smell? Honestly, it smell like, you know, like a little bit what a little bit of grape, you know, like just.
Speaker 3: Like the smells like the milkshake taste blueberry and grape.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh wow best viral PR campaign? Is that what they want? Yeah? Wide and Widen and Kennedy won that award.
Speaker 3: Come on, why the Internet was doing a lot of work for them on that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, look shout out. You know, I know people who work at Wide, but come on, man, you know that was us bro. That was really all of us won that. Grimace, that's what you're saying exactly.
Speaker 3: They probably didn't specifically reference The Daily's theory that it's fully grimos come because I think a lot some of the.
Speaker 2: Other viral when I when I did get a selfie with Grimmace, he did whisper that my ear old.
Speaker 1: Shake you come and You're like, my name's Brett. I'm just a guy in a suit. You're like, oh I thought you were the real Grimmage. Oh my god, weird dad, this is so much weirder. All right, Joey, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a few of the things we're going to talk about later on.
Speaker 3: We are going to talk about new research into Orca's the ramming incidents, off the Iberian Peninsula have not gone away, and in fact, there's been six hundred and fifty since twenty twenty. So science immediately got to work.
Speaker 1: Trying to figure out what's going on. We'll talk about what they found.
Speaker 3: We will talk about Boeing choosing not to fix the leaky shuttle before launch. We'll talk about the new Reagan movie starring Dennis Quaid as Ronald Reagan. It's a it's a journey. They just released the new trailer and it's pretty wild, and we might even get to garf Furiosa. Actually, we'll definitely get to go with our Steam guest today. So they were trying to do the Barbenheimer thing with Furiosa and the Garfield movie and didn't work from a box office perspective. But your results may vary. I think a lot of people I know a lot of people who went and saw Furiosa and enjoyed that, And I think I know somebody who might have seen Garfield and enjoyed that. So all of that plenty more. But first, Joey, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the last thing for my Google search history is the question is one pull up a lot of pull up. So I've started, like I think I've talked about my personal fitness journey on the dailyese Geist a little bit, but I've just reached the point, after a year and a half of working without the personal trainer, that I can do one pull up and I'm very proud of myself for like, i feel like I'm at the point where if I see a bar hanging about my head, I don't care what time of day it is, like, I don't care like where I'm at, I don't care how I'm dressed. I'm gonna bust out exactly one very struggled pull up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or do the one the kind I do? Or you use your upward momentum from a jump to be like, yeah, man, I'm up, and that's how I used to be able to do that. No, this is a full hang.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a pull up probably on HG H or some ship. Nobody can do a like that. Oh yeah, recording, nobody can do it. But if I can't, the entire zoom window are my muscles. Yes, I mean, like look frock Lesnar can probably do one, maybe one and a half.
Speaker 1: Hoole I doubt. I'm just saying I doubt that pull ups are that.
Speaker 3: That was the one part of the Presidential Fitness Test I didn't even attempt. Yeah, I was just like, go up and I'm out of here. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Let you see me squirming the stretch ship like the push ups. I was like, miss me with that, the stretch. You want to see how flexible these as are? Oh me, touch my toes h watch me fuck up this little wooden box with the inaccurate lines drawn on it like the one we had at our school to like gauge however flexible you were. And then the other one, Uh, run shuttle run, shuttle run, killing it at the fucking shuttle run. Yeah that's impressive. Yeah yeah, like wind sprints? Yeah, pull up, yeah, get the fuck away from me. Man? Was rope climb universal? Did everybody do that?
Speaker 2: We don't have rope climb at ours? We had a rope climb in mine. I could not. I could I just that was that was my like, oh there's just no way I could ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same like the pull up some rope climb. We're a real mess for me. Well, congratulations on the one pull up.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, hell yeah, I'm still too afraid to try. But hey, you can do it, man. You give hope to those of us who just got up there. And it's it's hard. My body's so heavy. The thing is, because my body is so heavy, my arms so weak, I can't support my own weight. What is something you say is underrated? I'm gonna say the Chris Pratt Garfield movie. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I saw it this weekend and honestly, okay, look, they were like a couple of minor like you know, script is shues or whatever.
Speaker 1: But honestly, it's delightful. It's really good.
Speaker 2: It's clear that they're coming from a place of like loving the you know, loving the world, loving the characters. There's a moment where a character is frustrated and then as an exclamation, they say Jiminey Davis, like, you know, Jim Davis, the creator Garfield. So it's like it's just clear that there's they're coming from a real place of like love. And honestly, like I went into it, you know, kind of not with the highest expectations, but coming out of it, I was like, oh wow, this was like this is probably the best piece of Garfield media since Garfield and Friends came out in like the eighties.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, damn Mike.
Speaker 3: I was in a fast casual restaurant with my kids, Burger Lounge, and they had shout out to Burger Lounge, Burger Lounge, and they had a little TV with a Garfield promotion like happening every fifteen seconds, and they came away with lots of questions Garfield movie, like good and is there a Garfield TV show? And like I was like, yeah, but I don't think it's good, but we can check it out maybe, And They're like why what's.
Speaker 1: Bad about it? And I was like, I don't fucking know, man, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I mean I think, I think. I think you'll have a good time watching that movie. And honestly, like, you know, I feel like there was a lot of conversation about Chris Pratt beforehand, and I would say that Chris Pratt's Garfield is inoffensive. It's like it's you know, like Mari, Yeah, no, the Mario I think was genuinely like bad, but but his Garfield is like fine.
Speaker 1: Sure, as so long as you nail the energy of Garfield. Is there any references to sending Odi to Abu Dhabi. Uh, that's what the third actor is about. No.
Speaker 2: There, I was like, there's a couple of like, yeah, they don't kick Ody off of a table. I think that maybe they've learned something about the whole animal abuse.
Speaker 1: Ah, but it's Odie, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, John, you know they they definitely he standed off the deep incell vibes of the comics, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, No, it no longer seems like John is a desperately lonely person who's created Garfield or is imagining Garfield and Garfield's actually dead.
Speaker 2: Right Oh, I mean that is what does the third actor real?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, the collar falls off his neck. He's like, I am Garfield. I am Garfield? What is What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: The Bill Murray Garfield movies. I think the like those and I don't think that Bill Murray's a good Garfield So yeah, I just think in general, like the difference between these two Garfield movies to me is I feel like the Bill Murray Garfields were like annoyed or too cool to be making a Garfield movie, and I feel like that was like Bill Murray's energy is like I'm too good for this, right, because I feel like the Chris Pratt Garfield movies, they're like stoked about making a Garfield movie and it's great.
Speaker 3: Right, he made it on purpose. That's always a big improvement. I feel like when everybody involved, including the star, is making a Garfield movie on purpose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, this isn't like the this isn't This doesn't feel like a paycheck for anybody in that movie, right.
Speaker 3: Whereas Bill Murray made the Garfield movie because he thought it was a Coen Brothers movie. I don't know if he thought it was like a Garfield biopic like The President Garfield, or if just really thought the Coen Brothers were making a Garfield movie.
Speaker 2: But so my okay, so my suspicion on that this is my this is my conspiracy theory. I think that I think that Bill Murray knew it was not a Coen Brothers movie. I think that's just a thing that he says to try to maintain his cool points for being in a if that makes sense. Yeah, Like I think that that's like a line that he's saying to try to maintain his crede right, yeah, oh I didn't The guy who voiced him in the TV series, which is the one I grew up watching Lorenzo music. Yeah, I was like, what a fucking sick name, dude. Yeah that music, Like, I mean, Lorenzo music, to me is probably the best Garfield voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it's a mean yeah, that's not that Garfield. Yeah yeah yeah. In this house, Lorenzo music is the voice. Yeah yeah, yeah. Bill Murray not by Garfield. Larry is not Garfield. And he didn't believe it was a Cohen Brothers movie. Damn this, dude, man, I'm I'm you know, I'm a little bit ashamed that I did not know.
Speaker 2: He was like a big He was a he was a big sitcom star in the seventies, I believe. And he passed away in two thousand and one, just a month or two before nine to eleven. Are those things connected?
Speaker 1: Maybe, but we don't know. We don't know just three days. Have a lot of theories. He passed away three days before Usher released his iconic eighty seven oh one album. Yeah I was connected. Maybe what he's eighty seven oh one? Mean you know what it be? August seventh, two thousand and one. We don't fucking know where those no way to check numbers.
Speaker 3: Honestly, no way to know. No, I don't know, but very well could be amazing. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. We'll be right back, and we're back weird, and we're back.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: Sounds nice, I was gonna say, sounds nice.
Speaker 1: That's just a what do you got there that everyone uses in mic? Sounds nice? Let me just guess he is? That is sure? Sem seven? You're coming out some seven B. Let me just close my eyes and listen. Yeah, yeah, that's that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me Yeah, I think that's a seven B marmalade one time marmal I heard all those sounds nice, but it smells like ship.
Speaker 1: I gotta change this sponge on the top.
Speaker 3: Oh man, the sponge has been put and then work since the pandemic.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I just I also have the same MIC. I just smelled my sponge and it smells gross.
Speaker 1: I should change this. Yeah, it's said.
Speaker 3: Look, we got I drink coffee, is what I'm learning. Anyways, I put it down here.
Speaker 1: I think I'm spinning bits of ground beef onto mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you are just eating a log of brown beef.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, but the kind you get at the store that's in the tube. We're using it out like a googurt.
Speaker 3: Take it out of the plastic bananas.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, live your life. You should maybe cook that. Dude. No, it's fine, it's eighty twenty. It's eighty twenty more fact taste taste better. Let's bacteria, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, or Orcus, we've been fans since twenty twenty when they've started ramming the yachts of wealthy people. Not the yachts of the people. You're targeting the yachts of of the wealthy. And you know, some of us got pretty invested in the ideas that the workers were going to lead us to overthrow hyper capitalism.
Speaker 1: Yeah, proletarian revolution. We thought we maybe we were on the heels of it. But yeah, like apparently the governments of Spain and Portugal order to study because they're like, rich people's books are getting hurt. We know what the fuck's going on, And they got all these top experts to come to the conclusion that basically boils down to their kids and they're having fun. That's it. And I'm like, you mean to tell me. They also didn't see that moon Cat video about crypto and got radicalized. No fuck, uh no, it's just I'm sure some of them did. But the numbers actually aren't great with the ye not great, not great. But their testes do have microplastics in it. That is one thing we do that is a constant in the natural world. But apparently they're bored. This is this is a quote quote. The sea is a very boring place for an animal, says Randology Stefanese, president of Marine Life Preservation or organization SEARC. Imagine, if you're a dog or some other mammal, you can interact with objects around you. But in the sea, there's not much for the orces to interact with. So they play with the rudders, So they play with the how you say, ruthers play with the incredibly.
Speaker 3: I first of all, I don't know if I'd blame the sea so much as what we've done to the sea by thinning out the wildlife and killing here's.
Speaker 1: The thing, it's boring out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My takeaway from this is that we got to just throw some Nintendo switches in the sea and.
Speaker 1: Yeahk you yeah, get them doing something. Yeah, yeah, the scientists believe quote young juvenile orcas, who tend to be more curious and exploratory, started the trend, which then spread through the population. Apparently, as they say in this article, orcas, like humans, love following trends. The highly intelligent social mammals are known for experienced fads. Are known to experience fads among their pods. For example, there's this thing in nineteen eighty seven there were pods of orcas that were going around wearing dead salmon as hats for no other apparent reason other than everyone.
Speaker 2: Else was doing it. Oh yeah, I mean that was That was me in the eighties too. I just thought it was a good salmon hat. Yeah, yeah, just.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, freshly clean salmon, split it open, wear it right on top of your head. Boom, got the new headwear in demand header. So I guess this was like their Stanley Quencher era for orcas. Yeah it wasn't the dead salmon hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna say, Okay, So, like, I totally understand the frustration of you know, we want orcas to be standing up against the bourgeoisie and smashing yachts, but them just being people that are bored and doing stuff to fuck around does make them more relatable. Yeah, it's just as related a lot of different in a different way. And I got to say, like, look, I am the school that I went to. On the toilet Press. Our mascot was the Orca, and you know, I feel I feel like every yeah, it's like every year I'm more proud of, Like, hell, yeah, you guys represented as well.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah that's a good mascot. Did you see they eat they fuck up great whites like on the regular. Oh yeah, I mean they're called that's why they're called killer whales.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were named by great white sharks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, you'll get these killer whales away from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're yeah, it's killer like all the fucking killers. But like they're also they also are murderers.
Speaker 1: Apparently they like to just just rip out their livers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they like they are very wasteful when it comes to a great white sharks carcass.
Speaker 1: They just go for the liver. You do way more if you have that opportunity, you do way more damage. Eat the whole damn thing. There you go. I think it's interesting, like if they if the organs were literally eating poor people, we still wouldn't have a stud completed, but like the rays and they're in operation fucking warp speech to like get an explanation out. I love that we.
Speaker 6: Need a vaccine for these orcos to stop, but also like this is so vague and diffuse, and like the science the scientists explanation being like the sea is very boring, you know how they know it just comes like this just feels like what like they needed to come up with a thing because they were afraid of what the workAs had started, and so their explanation is both like they're just bored.
Speaker 1: Just like you and me. We're all bored, and so play with your smartphones, dumb dumps.
Speaker 3: And also they're just like us. It's a fed, like you know how we all like to go shopping. Hey, why don't you go shopping?
Speaker 1: They're also piling on drake, very tasteless, but just reframing it as like the fun fed that they're doing for boredom, like a like one of those TikTok dances. Yeah you go back to here TikTok dances.
Speaker 2: Yeah if you if you shout certified lover boy in a pot of ways, they will bloop back stuffed pedophile.
Speaker 1: You know that was dude, that was a minor that they all right, thank you, Willie. But the one scientific thing that may explain more than anything is that the blue fin tuna population, which is like one of their main sources for food, has like exploded in the area. So it's made like they just spend way less time hunting because food is just so readily available at the moment that they have more time to fuck around. Yeah, that one just rather than be like, dude, it's pretty mid out there in the Strait of Gibraltar, so like you know, they're just trying to turn ship up their micro dosing and stuff doing wild stuff. But yeah, it's more just like we have more time because food is just so available. So what if this was like rich person propaganda and like, oh, it's not because we suck, it's because they're bored. Like how much should we trust this study? Yeah, it's just like rich people being like, oh the orchest think we suck and hate us. That's real bad pr for rich prady. We got to say that, like, it's not because they hate us, they're.
Speaker 3: Bored and they're playing with us because they think we're cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, we're the cool, Robert, do that character you do Red No do Stefanies and just like let them know. It's because like the ocean's like fucking mid as fun. This journalist Fox will eat it up.
Speaker 3: They yeah, it's also like the explanation is basically like they what happened to a lot of people when we had like shut down during the pandemic and had more time on our hands, we all started wanting to attack rich people's yachts.
Speaker 2: So yeah, like I bet a couple of yachts in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Try.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was not successful, but you know we all rammed it with our foreheads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I told you one real sick pull up on that yacht. Dude. I threw a full twenty ounce sprite in a plastic bottle. Yacht missed it. They knew what, they knew what time it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're trying to christen it in the broken that's what the.
Speaker 2: Loo look out of the yacht, and you were just like nobody's christened this in a while.
Speaker 1: To come up, We'll just fill this two liter up with piss and throw it.
Speaker 3: All right, Just an update on from Boeing. We always like to check in with this company because we're proud of the good work that they do. As Americans present, present sponsor daily guys bowing. We can't stop fucking up anyways. NASA has a contract with Boweing to build a space taxi, like I'm assuming they came up with that title after watching the Fifth Element. They can ferry astronauts to the ISS International Space Station. And it's been it's a little behind schedule. So the original flight test was due in twenty seventeen. Right now they're talking about getting it off the ground in June of twenty twenty four, so that's a slight seven years behind schedule.
Speaker 1: So they did a.
Speaker 3: Successful uncrude flight to the ISS in twenty twenty two and it but it wasn't like fully successful. There was an issue with the vehicle's parachutes that required modifications and new tests, and they also noticed a small leak.
Speaker 1: In the helium tanks.
Speaker 3: And NASA, after seven years of dealing with these motherfuckers, is just like, we're good man, let's just fucking do the thing. So they're going to do They're going to go to the International Space Station with a manned flight with small helium guess week going there's just like I just.
Speaker 2: Want to say about that, if you're a Boeing whistle blower and they offer you a ride on that space, you don't do it.
Speaker 1: It's trapped. But this will be.
Speaker 3: Its first astronaut launch and it's gonna happen at the beginning of June after spending the past few years struggling with more problems that just like keep popping up there essentially like.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, Like yeah, they basically.
Speaker 3: People will do it live, but I don't know, they probably fix it when they're up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, I don't know, Like all I think of is like the Challenger and just how like little things turned into a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Very The Challenger was a like the story behind the Challenger was they knew exactly what the problem was with that ship, and it was just a thing where a group got taken over by the people for whom it was like more important to like meet the deadline than it was to like be safe. And yeah, but like the thing that caused the Challenger explosion, like faulty O rings was the thing that everyone was talking about for the year leading up to that launch.
Speaker 1: They were like, we've got to like gott to delay this. The O rings like sure, ceiling, oh ring, Fine, it's just a quote small helium gas leak and it only, as they say, affects one of twenty eight booster systems. Yeah, so just stop fucking freaking out, man, we're getting this thing fucking out of here.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's tough. I think that if if the space Shuttle is or anything like airplanes, it's like there are like probably like a dozen different failsafes on something before you get to a problem.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: It's like it takes like in like any given flight, like six of those fail safes will fail, but because the other four are still there, it's still okay. Right, So it's like I get I get the I totally get the logic of like, okay, to them, it's probably like this is a problem that like is something that maybe should be but it's like there's like fifty fail safes that would also have to fail for them to be an actual issue. But it's like Boeing being a company with you know, like a couple of little pr issues right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe it's yeah, you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's like okay to delay it for a little bit, just to make sure that this is immaculate going into space, Well, then we.
Speaker 1: Have to That's the reason they aren't fixing is because they say, well then we'd have to take it apart at the factory. Yeah, that is hard to start all over.
Speaker 7: Oh, moms, is so fucking unfair. Let me launch my fucking space tax scene now the fuck because a one helium league. Yeah, I mean again, I know fucking nothing about aeronautics and say so like and I get too. They're like, look, it's there's twenty eight thrusters. This only affects one of the twenty eight. It's a thruster. Whatever, it'll be fine. But yeah, I think it's more just like the history of you know, terrible disasters that were accidental and you know boeing S track record at the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe, uh maybe they were like they saw the two tragedies have happened, and they're like.
Speaker 1: Can we go three for three? Yeah? See, you know, yeah, it's like all things come in three.
Speaker 3: So the sooner we can knock that third and one out and go really big, the sooner we can like build.
Speaker 2: Back our space shuttle explodes, everybody will forget about the door plugs.
Speaker 1: Real fast.
Speaker 3: The Circle of Death. Yeah, all right, well we've got good news. It was not a boffo weekend at the bo at the box office, unfortunately, but we there is relief in sight. We just got the trailer for the new Reagan movie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, have you seen it? Have you watched the trailer? No? Can I watch it really quick? Oh? Did you watch it? Yeah? I watched it. I watched it. I watched it, like right before, there's nothing a retired governor can do, but a president now you can do a thing. Okay, I've even eight seconds in already. I don't need to see the trailer. I get it.
Speaker 3: It has a scene where Reagan explains his political skills by recalling that he was once a lifeguard and.
Speaker 1: I learned how to read the currents, just the ones on the surface, but also the ones deep under the water and deep under the water. Wal whaler wales. Dennis Quaid is I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people have been keeping up with Dennis Quaid's political kind of evolution.
Speaker 1: But no problems killing it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so this is going to be just a puff piece. Like this guy's a hero. He predicted everything. He was like I'll tell you what our biggest problem is. Well and unions.
Speaker 1: Line. That's just isn't their line? Just like I can't do much to save the country as a retired governor, yas president exactly.
Speaker 3: It also features so Dennis Quaid, other familiar consert conservative luminaries John Voight and Robert Dave, one of the brothers, the non Joey pants brother from Goonies and yeah John Voight. So Weirdly, John Voight is playing a fictional KGB agent who the story is like told through his eyes. He's like, I remember, like my first assignment was wail. He also talks that way. For some reason, was tracking this young actor Ronald Reagan, and I think basically it's just going to be him being like, God.
Speaker 1: Damn, this man is cool.
Speaker 3: We only have anything like Ronald Reagan in the USSR just too perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but also we should be open to the ideas Russia has as well. I don't want to poison ye also being the Yeah, somehow like even though it was the bad guy, I feel like we should maybe get along in the future.
Speaker 3: He's telling this story to a young boy, and then that boy like puts on his jacket and it says Vladimir Putin On.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that if they do that, it's treated like a Marvel reveal, like yeah, the post credits, it's like designed for an Applus break, right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a couple of things about this trailer. One, the show Biz Direct logo that at the start of the trailer is the most iMovie ass studio logo I've ever seen in my life. Like, I am not a graphic designer. I could make a better logo than that. Another thing, Uh, what's wrong with that actor's face, like the vacant actor. It just he's covered in way too many prosthetics. It looks very weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dennis Quaid, Yeah, Dennis Quaid.
Speaker 2: It just looks it's like very uncanny Valley. I don't know, whatever they did, it does not look good.
Speaker 1: It looks like remember those old Durassel battery commercials in the nineties that had like the that family that like all the plastic head family. Yeah yeah, yeah, like yeah, his face looks like it's made of wax. Yeah yeah, their cousins yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I was trying to think of like, okay, so you know, there's Garfiosa, there's Barbenheimer. I'm trying to think of what the pairing is for this movie. Yeah. The one other I think big movie that comes out that weekend is the Craven the Hunter movie, the the Sony Marvel Craven the Hunter movie. So I'm like, Craven the Reagan.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Cragan the Hunter, Craven Ronald, there we go, there we go, Craig. What are you doing for Ronald Craven weekend? Fucking nothing for me.
Speaker 3: As if that cast weren't cursed enough, we also have Creed's Scott Stapp playing Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 1: Oh can he take it higher? Yeah? That really the movie took.
Speaker 2: A lower rate on it because it was his sacrifice.
Speaker 3: He will play Sinatra for the scenes in which Reagan was the president of SAG, so presumably they're not going to include any of the scenes focusing on Nancy Reagan's long affair with Sinatra, as alleged in the Kitty Kelly.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was smashing Frank Sinok, smashing the throat, go and the chairman of the board.
Speaker 2: You know, there was There's a lot of stuff on her relationship with mister t though that's pretty extensively there.
Speaker 3: The entire third act is a story between the two of them.
Speaker 1: Great, well, mister t would you mind betting my wife as in the Lincoln bedroom as I watched the hole in the wall and says, well, well, kitty, that we please his muscles. I love them. He could do one pull up. You don't understand.
Speaker 3: So obviously as presidential biopics go, you know, we have Lincoln, which was made by Steven Spielberg. We have Nixon made by Oliver Stone, j K. Also Stone, but Jeff Kid is really not a biopic. Reagan is being helmed by Sean McNamara, who you probably remember for such movies as Cats and Dogs. Three pause, unite, exclamation point and Aliens Stole my Body. No explanation exclamation point on Aliens stole my body.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, these characters and the alien stole my body. It looks like a rip off Star Wars, Bounty Hunter and someone like from Memory Drew Arnold Schwarzeninger's mister Freeze from the Yeah, okay, like a fourth grader did that. Yeah it sucks.
Speaker 3: Perhaps more consequentially, the sole producer credit belongs to a guy named Mark Joseph, who we've talked about before. He previously produced right wing polemics like the anti cancel culture documentary No Safe Spaces starring Adam Carolla and Dennis Praeger Preger real person, not just the.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a terrible website. Yeah, how is he the Preger? You guy? Well?
Speaker 3: Well, well, and he also produced In addition to the Corolla documentary, he produced Doonbe, which is about a mysterious stranger played by John Schneider, an actor who recently threatened to murder Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Is that his credit? That's what he's mostly known for. Its on his IMDb?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like John Schneider, is he any warrior princess? Yeah, also recently threatened to murder Joe Biden?
Speaker 3: Right, So he plays a character named Sam Dombey who enters a small town and just like reading the plot synopsis, I was like, well, doomb.
Speaker 1: Is clearly a fucking anagram for something, right, And sure enough it's nobody because he is actually the ghost of a fetus that was aborted by the whole visiting God. So it's got a message. It's got a real message. Got them to say, wow, haunting, haunting your birth mother as a middle aged man.
Speaker 3: But this did come up before because making it even more conspicuously propagandistic. The role of the older woman who tries to convince the young woman not to get an abortion in the first place before she's haunted by abortion ghost is played by Norma McCorvey aka Jane Row and the Roe v.
Speaker 1: Wade case. She's been doing a lot recently, so she well, So she did like a bunch of anti choice shit throughout my life, and then on her deathbed was like, hey, guys, like I gotta come clean. They were like paying me incredibly well for that. I am not anti choice, Like this was all bullshit.
Speaker 3: I just like live in America and need to be able to pay for health care. So my bad deuces.
Speaker 1: Was like that one that one gift of the dude throwing up deuces and then just fading into thing exactly.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she was like, I was paid to become a trophy for conservatives and I was paid well, and that's important in these United States. So coming from that guy in an election year, I'm expecting Reagan to be a completely down the middle interesting take on history.
Speaker 1: Three stars. Could you imagine like in the age we're in, like they have to tear down his myth in order to like make whatever this version of the conservative like movement be like that's where it's at. Like he the fucking line in the trailer, mister Gorbachev, tear off my balls, tear up this assss.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's a monologue in the movie from Reagan that's very clearly shooting to be about cancel culture. Probably you think that he says like, just like I, well, I'm afraid of William Nancy.
Speaker 1: Which bathroom do I use? Nancy? I don't want to get in trouble now, you know.
Speaker 3: But he's asking him because he can't remember which room is the bathroom? But his vision is so terrible, and he's now, which where do I go?
Speaker 1: For number three? Nancy? For three? You know what that is? You know that was code for Nancy.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and of course talk about bart No. I'm trying to Furiosu Field.
Speaker 8: All right, we'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are saying, so just personally, I root for the box office. I want to be able to continue to see movies in theater.
Speaker 1: Like Reagan, you were just saying off to the future, Yeah, like Reagan, Like Regan.
Speaker 3: I want to be able to see Reagan in August when.
Speaker 1: People aren't afraid to say shit anymore.
Speaker 3: But everybody likes a story about Hollywood's failing and they had a tough The people who pull for the box office had a tough weekend this past weekend as Furiosa, the Med Max prequel and Garfield. A lot of people were like, this is going to be the next Barbenheimer gar Furiosa. I don't know if people were seriously saying that, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like it was just me. I was the only person who was loudly saying that.
Speaker 3: But that didn't happen at all. It was the worst Memorial Day weekend, not counting the pandemic, since the movie Casper with Christina Ricci in nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah damn almost thirty years. Wow. Yeah really, Yeah they broke the streak. Yeah, they really took.
Speaker 3: Back to ninety five. Our writer JM says, by the way, Furiosa is way better than Casper.
Speaker 1: Furiosa is fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can only imagine we'll hopefully see it. But Casper by the way a children's movie in which it goes to by my mass is at least in his forties relentlessly hits on Christina Ricci as a teenager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's like a ghost, like but he's like a kid ghost, you know, he's perpetually a kid. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's also exactly certified Casper certified pedaphig. But yeah, Furios is thirty two million. To put that in perspective, last year.
Speaker 3: Disney's A Little Mermaid remake made one hundred and eighteen million Memorial Day Weekend. The year before that, Top Gun Maverick made one hundred and sixty million. Obviously, those were both massive hits.
Speaker 1: So let's just they're not on the same level, like in terms of international fandom. Like I mean, I get obvious because Furry Road was huge, but not like to the place where you have people who like live and breathe a Little Mermaid all the time, or like live and breathed Top Gun and shit, Fury Road was like when it was coming out, we were all like, this is very silly, Like this seems like they have given a kooky old man a huge budget to make a film in which people like the names of the characters were the first thing to go viral because they were just like so over the top, right, And then it came out and was one of the best action movies ever made. And so I think people like, it's just so.
Speaker 3: Funny how people are like, so this helmer legged it out to four hundred million, so expect Furiosa to do the same. And it's like, well, it's not lightning in a bottle, Like, you're not gonna always be able to capture lighting at a bottle the second time. And also it's a fucking prequel. How many times do we have to do this, you guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I will agree.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm a huge like, I know, talk about Garfia a lot, but I'm also just a huge like Mad Max post apocalyptic fan. So for me, this was just like, this was genuinely weekend. I was like so soaked devoted, And you know, that's something that I really love about the Mad Max world is like, you have a character named the Bullet Farmer who farms bullets and has bullets for teeth, and there's a point in like Fury Road where he pulls one of his bullet teeth out and then puts it in a gun and then shoots somebody with his bullet tooth. It's just like it's just watching like an insane fever dream for two hours. Oh yeah, and I super agree. I think that, you know, I think that Fury Road was like George Miller, I think is a fantastic director. But I think that Fury Road just the alchemy on it was like so perfect of it's just an insane car chase for two hours, you know. And Furiosa I think was good, But I do think that it was hurt by the fact that, like Fury Road came out like a decade ago, and though it's considered to be like the best movie the twenty ten's, it's just been a little while. I feel like, you know, just like the box office is a little bit fraction right now, and you know it Fury Road or Furiosa, it definitely had buzz of like, oh, this is a really good movie going into it, but it didn't necessarily have the like, holy shit, you have.
Speaker 1: To see this.
Speaker 2: But yes, you know, yeah, and I think it's gonna have a little bit of a long tail, assuming they don't just throw it on Max in two weeks or whatever it's like. I think it's got good buzz, and I think that like next weekend and the weekend after that will probably also.
Speaker 1: Beg for it.
Speaker 3: I think we'll continue to see like it's just so the thing that happened about ten years ago is they let the marketing department take over what films got made and how they were developed. And so now that like the Marvel movies and all the franchisees have been like juiced dry, they're like now have to like make movie movies again. And so it's like marketing people trying to make movie movies and they're like, I don't know, make a prequel to that one from the Barbie movie, like the Best Thing We Loved Gosling, Make a Gosling funny movie. And it's just like they're pulling pieces out, but like this is they the thing that is making those first movies great is like the filmmaking and you know, the actual like things that actually drive creative inspiration and creative execution. And so I think we're going to continue to see like these types of like hyped movies like this isn't I think it's weird that this is being pitched is like a flop, that's not that big of a flop. It's like about what I would have expected it to do. But like, I think we'll see these movies underperform like big box office expectations, and then we'll see like surprise hits, like we'll continue to see things like everything everywhere all at once that like nobody sees coming and just like get through by nailing it.
Speaker 2: I think it's also tough because the industry is very quick to label a movie as either a flop or a hit, like you know, day one of it being out sure, and like, I mean, I don't know. It's like when I was a kid, like Jurassic Park was in theaters for a year, you know, like like Titanics. Titanic is one of the most profitable movies of all time. Its opening weekend was like fine, you know, it did like what like forty million or whatever it's or fifty million. It's opening weekend off of a several hundred million dollars project. I remember people were like, this is kind of a flop, guys. But then like, but then it's like second weekend it did like thirty five million. It just kept going up six million, you know, and then it just got that going for like twelve weeks or whatever. And I think that, like, you know, Fall Guys is another movie that I feel if people immediately able to flop, but then like you go to any screening week two and screenings were packed of people that are excited to see it. It's just like, you know, a little bit of patience would be appreciated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, But because they're they're like they're measuring it up against fucking Marvel movies.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, that's not how these are going to perform, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not going to do a four hundred million dollar opening weekend or something like, well you know it should.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like that's my ass on the line. Okay, no, no, yeah, it's it's definitely like difficult. And I think, like to your point in Joey, like there is such a rush to immediately be like this is an impact right now, just over three days, I can tell you this is hit, this is flop, and yeah it's not.
Speaker 1: It's the worst way to assess a film. But yeah, I don't know, I don't know if they'll be able to fully quit the habit of like you know, it's like the sort of development process. Now it looks like they're just looking around the couch, like underneath the couch cushions for stuff that maybe they forgot about they can make a movie into. They're like, oh, oh, what about this fucking thing too? I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of okay, so if Fury wrote a Furiosa was a flop, I gotta say the Garfield movie was a hit. It's made one hundred million dollars box office off a sixty million dollar budget so far.
Speaker 1: I know it's a hit.
Speaker 3: Well, but people are pulling at a flop. Like the headline is like, what Garfield and furios A flop at the box office, and it's.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, the Garfield movie, and the Garfield movie came out in international territories like two weeks ago. Yeah, so the just the so, but like it's made one hundred million dollars of a sixty million dollar budget, and I get Furiosa a little a little bit because it's got one hundred and fifty million dollar budget and it also made like thirty million dollars this weekend or whatever. So it's like that just has more of the line to make its money back. Where's the Garfield movie. It's made forty million in profit or whatever you know already, like and that's not even counting like promotional tie in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean speaking of promo you if you were, I saw you getting a lot of retweets this weekend in regards.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, So Garfield weekend and so this was this was a big weekend for me. I saw Furiosa, you know, with my my girlfriend on Friday and Imax, and then we planned basically all of Saturday and Sunday to be like Garfield Days. So as you know, any weekend is for me normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we basically set aside, yeah, ye're not Monday, not Monday. So we set aside basically two days to do all of the Garfield promotional tie in things like Olive Garden had a deal with got like lasagna sponsored by the Garfield movie.
Speaker 1: There. How was that We were talking about that, like, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's Olive Garden. It's always all Garden hits, you know, especially those all like my girlfriend she commented on like she'd been this was her first time in an Olive Garden in like years, and she had a bred stick and she was like, oh, this is like real good.
Speaker 1: You know, it's the fucking taco bell of Italian food, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was great, as like we walked in the door wearing like very elaborate Garfield shirts, and the people at the counter immediately like gave us Garfield Children's menu coloring books, yes, and then and then because they were just like, oh, you guys should have these. And then we sat down at our table and our Garfield coloring books were next to it, next to us when the waiter walked up and they were like, oh, do you want us to like wait for your kids to get here? And you were like, no, we're two adults. We're shit the fuck up.
Speaker 1: So so our Saturday we ate all guard where do you think my kids are?
Speaker 3: We two parents are just waiting like yeah, that happened a lot like separately.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah for sure they didn't go to the bathroom on their own or whatever. Right, But so like we ate at this, We ate this this three course lasagna meal at Olive Garden and then afterwards we were going to check into Motel six, who has a thing they're calling the Garfield Suite, which is for there's like ten locations in America that have one room decked out in Garfield merchandise that's called the Garfield Suite. It's hard to book. You have to like call it in in order to get the room. It's like it's and when I called in, it was like the most nerve wracking, like, oh, I got a book, this, I got a book. This.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve people like texted to me or whatever.
Speaker 2: So after we had our like oliveguarden meal, we get to the Motel six by Lax, which is the only motel in Los Angeles that had the Garfield Suite, wearing our elaborate Garfield shirts. We're getting ready to check in. They're like talking about like, oh, you guys must be really big Garfield fans because we're like wearing our shirts. You're like garfae. Yeah, they're they're about to check us in. They like turn around the thing for me to sign, and they stop and say, wait, we double booked the room. And we looked to the right and saw somebody like two cash registers over just covered in Garfield aren tattoos.
Speaker 1: Biz basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, So it is the odds of like we they double booked the room, this Garfield Suite, and the two people the two groups of people who booked the room showed up at the exact same time to check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it was it was intense.
Speaker 2: It was like people were like like they were like tears about to be shed, like you know, it was. It was we were all very passionately but like politely but very passionately fighting over this room themed after a nineteen seventies comic book character. Right, and finally, you know, yeah, for sure, for sure, for sure, so finally yeah. So the resolution was basically like we kind of realized, okay, like there's no way that boath all of us are going to get this room. You know, it's it's it's just not gonna happen. So instead what we did is we were like, will you like give us a refund and just let us take like fun selfies in this room? Right, So they like they said like oh thank god, yes, and they brought us into the room and we like got we took got like five minutes worth of pictures in the room, and then we left and yeah, it was just such a wild experience.
Speaker 1: We just filed that bedroom just a good measure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I for sure took a ship in the Oh no, we tried to be like really cool and yeah yeah, but like so I posted about this on Twitter and it like blew up and now it's like I think, like the thrillest it like interviewed me about it this morning.
Speaker 1: Was like articles during.
Speaker 2: Write ups, it's like it's uh, like the producer of the Garfield movie like posted about on an Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, hopefully this will lead to something really dope rather than a Motel six room with it's like merror orange stuff on the walls, and they're like, no, man, we want to offer you something even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to offer you the Heathcliff suite. Yeah, the dumpster.
Speaker 1: Wait, so was the because because you seated the room to this other person? Were they grateful? How did that play out?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, so, I would say that this is a situation of like a bunch of you know, for sure, grown adults with out children who were all just like okay, we like understand this sucks, and like you know, and everybody was very It was like the sort of thing where it's like nobody nobody wanted to use the I need to speak to the manager tone.
Speaker 1: Right, But it was more like a ship Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you like, like I don't know, there's a glits in the system. Oh and another fun detail is they were like we could like reschedule. They were first they were like, we can give you an upgrade on your Motel six room and we were like no.
Speaker 1: And then the second thing they offered is like very specific. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the second thing that they offered was like, oh, yeah, we've so we do have one day in this entire promotion where the room is still available. You can put change your to that it's on a Monday. And I was wearing a T shirt that had fuck Mondays on it, and I was like, that's even less of an uption.
Speaker 1: Are you fucking serious? Yeah? Yeah, they offered us the room on a Monday. Uh with me right now?
Speaker 2: And like, and I think my girlfriend, she's very My girlfriend, who's very kind and very sweet. Her name's Goldie, said very since cerily to the Motel Sex employee. You don't understand Garfield hates Mondays as a justified reason for us to not get the room on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Right, right, rare you know right right? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the resolution is, yeah, so we got We took a couple of selfies in the room and you know, kind of and seeded the room, and you know that the other person, they were very grateful and motes SICS employees. I think we're just happy to not have like a fist fight break out over a Garfield room.
Speaker 1: Well that's good that you know you had self Both parties had self awareness in the in the incident, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like Motel six, we we talked over social media a little bit and they're gonna send us like a nice gift basket. So it's like, you know, it's like there, I feel like we're all trying to like treat the situation. Okay, you know, yeah, yeah, I was unexpected thing. I did not expect to maybe get into a fist fight over a Garfield suite this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know I will put my money on you in Goldie though.
Speaker 2: Oh how many second? Yeah you saw how many pull ups?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, man, you'd be like, hold on before you want to fucking ball your fists up in front of watch this ship. You do one pull up now, very struggled, like I'm definitely going like shaking later, Hey, where are you going? Where are you going?
Speaker 3: Producer Justin Connor was like, is this going to be like the beginning of Barbarian?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, like you check in and then the people show up.
Speaker 2: What if Barbarian was in the I think you should leave sketch from Garf from the Garfield Sketch for the usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, holy shit, Joey, I can't believe we got you on this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got the exclusion. You beat out the thrillist yeast.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you, find out more about your Garfield related adventures. Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on Twitter and TikTok at Joey Tainment that you can follow me on Instagram and threads at Joey Cliff with like five or six eyes. Also, this is a dorky finger remote.
Speaker 1: I just updated my website for the first time, like five years.
Speaker 2: It looks anybody anybody who's a writer who's listening right now, you know, it's like you don't dig your website very often, but I just updated the last week.
Speaker 1: Go to Joey Cliff dot com. You can see cool pictures of me in funk goofs. That's right. Oh so yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: Check that out and then uh, you know, uh listen to a watch Gone Native, my Webby awarding digital series at Ganda Dot A spear Raising dur Season three just came out on Netflix, and uh, I'm actually a freelance writer on Pop Patrol and my Pow Patrol episodes I think come out this week. So if you have kids, yeah, I'm watch my Paw Patrol episode.
Speaker 1: Like k it's just rediscovered Paw Patrol. Like we were.
Speaker 3: We have one TV that's not like attached to any like Apple TV or anything like that, so we just have whatever's on the DVR and the only thing on the DVR is NBA Basketball and Paw Patrol because like it learned that we like Paw Patrol like six years ago when they were young, and so they started watching it again and now they're requesting Paw Patrol.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna I'm gonna watch. I'm gonna have a watch party with my kids. And then you pause it and they're like daddy knows him until dude, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the crazy thing about like writing on like shows like Paw Patrol is like I'll you know, I'll hang out with my friends who have kids and their kid will be wearing like a pop patrol backpack, like a cocoa melon. Suret like you know, a spirit rangers like you know, like book in their hand or whatever, and like their parents will be really excitedly.
Speaker 1: Just like, oh, this guy writes for all the shows you love and the kid like that's gibberish words.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what do you mean he writes for it? That shit actually happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that dog is a real cop.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Or it's just like he don't look like the characters on Paw Patrol. Are you sure he works on pop? Like I remember having that sort of disconnect in my mind. I'm like, well, he's not an animated character.
Speaker 2: I know this is a visual this is an audio medium, but in this on the zoom window, I do look like a dog who's a firefighter. Yes, spent a lot of money for this.
Speaker 1: Look amazing. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: So just I guess on the theme of Garfield. I've really been getting into the the Garfield nineteen eighties musical album Here Comes Garfield.
Speaker 1: It's by Lou Rawls, who's.
Speaker 2: This amazing singer and I just did a yea, yeah, he did a Garfield album, and it's it's honestly, it's a musical. It tells like a complete story. It's the soundtrack to like a TV special that came out in like nineteen eighty one or whatever. And it's just a good album. It's a Yeah, Here Comes Garfield. Check it out on Spotify. Uh, you know, just indulge, treat yourself. Yeah, my girlfriend and I had a deal where I could listen to the title track Here Comes Garfield as many times as I wanted last weekend until we saw the movie, and then I could never listen to it again.
Speaker 1: So I was really getting my fix. Amazing. Miles, Where can people find you? Is their work? Maybe you've been enjoying Oh man, let's see. You can find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and jacko mad Leases. You can find me talking ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance. Hey, and if you like conspiracy theories, you can catch me on My Mama Told Me, which is Linkston Kerman and David Boris a conspiracy theory podcast, or I'm a guest this last episode talking about bow parties. And really into the bottom of where did it come from? Where are we headed? As a side man, I went to so many of those when I, oh, yeah, did you totally do? Yeah? Where whose house? It was? Like John Johnny, Johnny Smith, Johnny Johnny threw the best rainbow. But your name is John, isn't it legally? Okay? So it is your house? It was actually, yeah, it's my house. And what happened? Oh man, it was just like me, you're Tip, Yeah, very literally yeah, and then Tip with my first water color set. Anyway, tweet I like another Ellie Cream and doll banger at Ellie creaman doll to tweet it. Who you are when the airline loses your luggage is your true self? Oh my god? And I think, yeah, I hope that's not true.
Speaker 2: That's why I only bring a carry on. I do not check bags.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of dead inside in a weird way where if it happened. I try to like accept the reality of the situation I'm in, because as doing a lot of self work, you'd either accept or resist. Not to say like that, like I'm fine with it. Keep abusing me. But if I can't do anything about it, I'll be like, fuck, all right, just give me a voucher. I guess to say, valuum. Yeah, I can just fine, give me some Valu. Fine, I guess tase me because I'm screaming at the ticket counter.
Speaker 3: Tweet I've been enjoying. Katie at Katie Feedy tweeted entitled millennials are quote quiet nourishing, taking twenty even thirty minutes out of the middle of the workday to eat food. We interviewed eighty seven corporate bosses who hate it. That's just a real trend, guys that I think we all need to look out for. And then John Drake tweeted, I'm being hunted for sport, but I can't stop eating pistachios. So I'm very easy to track. And when I get going on some pistachios, I really can't stop. Pistasio is a good Yeah, there's something about the combination of the actual content and then the peeling that I.
Speaker 1: Just Yeah, any food, foods that involve your hands, they they're just become beloved, you know what I mean? Mm hmm, all right. Uh.
Speaker 3: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist right the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeitguys dot com, where we post our episodes in our footnote where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode, as well as the song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: We are gonna go off this artist McGee mk dot g e E who's like, I think from Jersey, but then there's also like making music in la He's like a producer. We've done other tracks in the past. His like style is really versatile, and he just put out an album that has like this really cool like I don't know, like old di y like eighties folk rock. I don't know how to describe it. There's like a little bit of guitar electrical piano, but it's recording in a way that's like very not distorted, but it almost sounds like they're like recording like like as if you're singing to a guitar. Am kind of sound to it. And it's called are You Looking Up? And it's just kind of got a really catchy chorus and little guitar lick in it. So this is are you looking up by McKee or mick g however you pronounce it mick G. Well it's mk dot g E and they always on their things's pronounced mick and then hyphen gee, so then I'm like McKee mcke anyways, name is Michael Gordon. There you go, Okay, Michael all right, Michael.
Speaker 3: Daily zaike as a production by Heart Radio for more podcast. My heart Radio is the heart radio app Apple podcast wherever you listen.
Speaker 1: To your favorite shows.
Speaker 3: That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending and we will talk to you all then yep, bye bye bye, Thank you.
Speaker 6: Joey