Speaker 1: Let's talk to Chris.
Speaker 2: Hello is this mister?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's going on? Chris?
Speaker 3: Not much this uff.
Speaker 4: I called in because I recently reported my local vape shop for selling weed products and I'm not allowed to do that in Florida, and uh I feel guilty about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why did you report this shop for selling weed?
Speaker 4: I just so there's this thing called crime stoppers and they like offer a cash reward, you know, for that kind of thing. And yeah, and it was just it was like a really like like of the whim moment kind of decision, okay, and was just hasn't left my consciousness. It didn't say like that there is a range.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It was like fifty tore like like a few grands. It just depends on like the arrestmate and all that and like the charges.
Speaker 1: Okay, So all right, so you reported the vape shop for song weed and you say that it is weighing on your conscious. Yes, okay, tell me tell me about the way in which it is weighing on your conscious Would have been your thoughts about this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: It I just you know, because like eventually I want to own a vape shop, and I would just feel bad if someone did that to me, Okay, And so it's weighing on me like that, Like I feel bad if they were you know, down the line Krmer got me and I don't know. And these people they team like nice people. Every time I go in there, they're nice and everything and and and like I still go in there because they have like the cheapest prices in town. So like every time I go in there, I'm just like damn, Like you know, I'd never reported you guys.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. I mean, like like, let's go deeper into why you feel like you did it. Okay. So so you said it was a spur of the moment decision. Yeah, okay, walk walk walk me through it here. What what were the emotions, what were the thoughts at the time, What were the feelings at the time.
Speaker 4: My family is kind of like financially tight, and I just I as a person, I mentally go through these periods of like, oh, I need to start a business and I need to make this money or I need to go do this, and you know, I need to get money this way, and and I don't I know, I knew that they sell these these products there. I see him in the shelf. I mean, they don't try and hide it or anything. They're sitting right there, you know, on the glass counter. And I was like, well, you know, this is an actual crime and this, this wouldn't be illegal for me to do. This isn't like I'm stealing anyone's property. You know, I'm reporting a crime. And I think just in the moment, it was like, yeah, you know, I'm I'll you know, i'll be greedy, you know, report them for the money. And but since then, I just I just I just been thinking about it, like daily.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so I know you've been thinking about it, but I really want to focus on the on the on the why. So you're telling me that it was uh are you saying that there was a motive, It was a decision motivated purely by the cash reward.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, not.
Speaker 1: Out of any sense of justice or maybe you were bored or anything like that. No, No, okay, did you get the cash reward?
Speaker 4: Uh no, No, I haven't got a cash reward. I haven't got I haven't received any update. It's been probably about two weeks since I reported them.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. It says here that you tipped them off anonymously. Yes, how would you get a reward if you tipped them off anonymously?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That that that's kind of my question. And I read on the website and from from from from what I received, they'll like they'll get back to me because I have like a little case number I D on their crime Stoppers website, and they'll message me through there and then they'll like have a check to pilot at a bank somewhere and I'll be the only ones with the numbers to get the check or whatever like that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So what were you planning on doing with the money? Would you have gotten the reward?
Speaker 4: Uh, well, we don't have a car for our family. Actually, the only car that we had left broke down after the reward, and I myself don't have a car. I'm you know, I'm borrowing my dad's try uck. So I would have put that. I would have put that towards paying off the rest of the car that just broke down. But now that they broke down, I'm just going to put it towards getting into a different vehicle. I mean, if I even get it. But I mean I could just get fifty dollars, So I mean damn, you know if I get fifty dollars, it's like, well, I mean, you know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just I just feel bad either way.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you feel like there is anything that you could do moving forward to rectify the situation and clear your conscious?
Speaker 4: Not not that I can think of, really, you know, because I've already made the tip. You know, it's already, it's ready in their database.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I can't go in and just say oopsie daisies.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so yes, I mean that is true. You did make the tip, it is in their database, and you know you cannot undo that. But cosmically, moving forward, as you navigate through the universe, what do you think you could do? You know, knowing you cannot change the past, but that the future is a big ball of mouldible clay, what do you feel like you could do?
Speaker 4: I could definitely not make decisions like that without fully taking them through, especially not make decisions based off of greed, because I feel like that's what I feel most guilty about is it was a very self is decision, like based off of I mean, the decision solely off of the cash reward, you know, but like you know, you asked if I did it based off of justice, I feel I wouldn't. Fee is bad. But I guess because I did it just because of the cash reward is why I feel mm hmm. That's why I wait for heavy on me.
Speaker 1: Is this a pattern? Have you done things that you believe our greedy in the past? Uh?
Speaker 4: No, No, not not really. I'm generally, you know, very giving. This is this is a very an out of character thing. Yeah, I don't know, it is. It's a very very strange mhm.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm I'm still thinking about the future. I'm still thinking about Okay, you're telling me what you cannot do. You're telling me, Okay, I've learned a lesson. I'm going to think a little bit more about the intentions behind my actions, and then I think those are good things to do, and then those are good things to do. Okay. So I mean, overall, would you say that you learned something from this experience that will positively dictate your actions moving forward?
Speaker 4: I think so. I don't think I I learned something, but I think I think what I already knew was this kind of cemented even even further, you know, like just don't don't make decisions based off of personal gain, you know, because I've always known that, I wouldn't say I've necessarily learned it. But now I feel like every time I make a decision, that's gonna pop in my head like why am I making this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: And my kind of my kind of deal mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: So you want to open up your own.
Speaker 4: Vabe shop, right, yeah, eventually?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna sell weed out of it?
Speaker 4: If it's legal? I'm I'm not. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna to break the law or anything like that like that, Like you know, you can sell like the Delta eight products and the the A J C or whatever here, but but yeah, but I'm not gonna plan on breaking the law.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that that weed that that vape shop wasn't selling Delta eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm positive there was a sticker. There is an edible and and you can you can clearly tell, like there's a sticker that has some like I think it was th O or a JAC one of the like one of the legal ones, but it was over the California symbol for like actual weed. And then like they're vage products they sell, they say like Delta nine on them, like the eighty three percent Delton nine or whatever, and they can't have over point zero three.
Speaker 1: Well, well, listen, Chris, you know, look, you cannot undo your tip. Well, you cannot change the past. But it sounds as though, uh, after reflecting on this, you you intend to uh act a little bit more intentional in the future. And uh that's really all you can do. So I hope that you attempt to clear your conscious by really diving into this this epiphany that you have had moving forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that sounds good. You mean, like as far as like like like whye, like like how it all happened?
Speaker 1: Well, no, as far as you're saying that you want to act less out of greed and more out of other things.
Speaker 4: Oh right, I think.
Speaker 1: Else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: Chris, My my wife's listening in the next room. So I just want to take shout out to you. I love you and and thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 1: Have a good rest of the day, Chris, you as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I wish you would have named the vape shop so I could go there and buy some weed. That was an arc. This is what the show is about about arcs, kind of. I mean, it's about being a get go and talking to people on the phone. But there was an arc. Okay. This guy Chris, you know, he is down on his luck. Okay, he's trying to get some money for his family to do whatever thing. Who cares, whatever he is, he's doing his things. And he had this gut reaction to, oh, money, let me call up the police and report the vape shop. It was his gut reaction, okay, and he went with his gut. He and five seconds after doing that, he realized that his gut, his instinct, his default, was not properly guiding him in the direction that he wanted to go as a human being. And his arc is learning to slow down and look at a bigger picture and be a little bit more intentional and go, oh fuck, my default, my gut was telling me to follow my greed, and it took me a mistake to figure that out. And now moving forward, I'm going to be more intentional about my motivations behind my actions. And that is his arc. And he had to fuck up and be a little bit of an arc to get there, but he's young, he's making mistakes as we all are, and will hopefully follow the results of that epiphany. Hello you pop, And I actually got on what's up? Who is this?
Speaker 3: This is jet?
Speaker 1: Jet? Jet Jet Jet? What's what's up? Jet? Tell me? What's going on with you?
Speaker 2: It's really odd lyle. I'm not gonna lie to you. So I'm I'm I'm a senior in high school, right, just just to set the stage. The mood got it, And we have a couple of new teachers and I'm I like just turned eighteen this year. We have a couple of new teachers who are younger women, right, and one of them was erected for we're doing certain illicit activities with a student m and now my name is brought into it, so they think that I was the one that that did it, but I I wasn't. And now the college that I'm trying to get into is hearing about that, and then they're like, Okay, we don't know if we can expect you or like accept you, and I don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 1: So why why is your name being brought into the conversation? What I mean, what reason or suspicion. Do people have to bring you into this situation.
Speaker 2: Because I used I'm I'm very horrible at math lyle. So I used to go with one of the teachers that was like in the in the rumor. I used to go hang out after in her room after school and she would help you with matt because I've always I've always sucked at it, and it was nothing like explicit like that like I'm engaged like no, but now since I was close to that piece, yes, sir, I am engaged at eighteen.
Speaker 1: Well but so jet okay, so let me ask you this. Okay, So who is is there somebody there that is conducting an investigation of some kind.
Speaker 2: I'm not very sure of yet. I really have no idea. I just know my college is now getting into it, and it's like, okay, we don't know if we can accept you. And I know, I don't know if she's being like prosecutor prosecuted or if the people like the students' parents that she slept with parents want to press charges or not.
Speaker 1: So but when you two, I mean, how is your college finding out? Like I guess what I mean is, Okay, you didn't do this, and you are trying to let it be known that you were not involved in this activity, and at what agency? What part is it? Are people writing press stories like how is your college even finding out about it?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was a press story, but I think whenever my college started looking I don't think it's been leaked yet or anything like that, but I think whenever my college started looking into me as like a recipient, they found out, because I mean, I'm gonna get I guess that they asked the school or something. I really don't know how I found out, That's just what I'm guessing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, so who at the school that is in charge of doing this investigation have you gone to and explained that you were not involved in.
Speaker 2: This' I've went to the I've went to the like the principal. I have to go to this private school, so I went to the headmaster and I've told them that, and that like we don't know if you did or not. That is a completely different rumor. And I'm like, okay, well, this is this is now interfering with my colleges, like I don't I don't want this to mess up my college. And they're like, well, we don't know about that? Yeah, yeah, yeah I did. And they were like, we don't know anything about that. We've had a lot of colleges coming in asking about different students and asking about this situation. So and they basically didn't give me a shit.
Speaker 1: What is the college that you're trying to get into, Georgia State, Georgia State? Did you did Georgia State contact you directly? Or I mean, how did you even find out that Georgia State knows about this?
Speaker 2: I am supposed to go to college at Georgia State for a scholarship, a football scholarship, So they contacted my coach. My coach talked to me about it, and then whenever I was working up like a contract for this, they were like, there is something that we need to talk to you about and then mentioned all the rumors.
Speaker 1: M h okay, So the college did talk to you about those rumors?
Speaker 2: They did, but they haven't. They've they've said that it might impact me getting accepted there because they don't like I guess they don't want it to look back.
Speaker 1: But did you tell what did what did they tell you when you told them that you had nothing to do with this situation?
Speaker 2: They were like, well, we don't know if that's necessarily true or not, because a lot of a lot of students who have like said they didn't ended up like being a part of it. But now it's like, okay, they don't believe me or not.
Speaker 6: M m.
Speaker 1: Man jet, I'm sorry to hear that. Man, You're you're getting involved in this mess that that you know you really have, you know, don't deserve to get involved in it all. Is there any I mean, dude, are there any adults, Not that you're not in adults, but uh, you know, people at the school, representatives, guidance, counselors, other anyone that can help you in this situation because you sound like you're doing this on your own, and you shouldn't be doing this on your own. You should be working with a lawyer or whatever people there.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm too broke to afford a lawyer. Law, but I've asked. I've asked, like my we have we have like a social worker that comes to our school every so often, and I've asked her and she's like, okay, we'll get this. Well, well we'll get an immediate investigation on that. That was like three weeks ago, and I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: Did you follow up with her?
Speaker 2: I tried to and I never got a call back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, this is so bizarre to me because this college is not going off of any kind of official investigation being taken place like there has been.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's that's the whole thing. Le I don't know if there's an investigation or not. They might that I don't know about, but as far as I know, they're.
Speaker 1: Not fucking bizarre, man, fucking bizarre?
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 1: I mean every I mean, dude, Well, here's the thing, okay, I mean, you've told me, right, You've told me over the over this call of like what three or four separate people in the school. You've told me about, a social worker, you're told me about a coach, a headmaster, and and none of them have tried to help you with this.
Speaker 3: My coach has.
Speaker 2: Been trying to. He's been like batching for me or vouching for me every chance he gets, but there's only so much he can do.
Speaker 1: Muh. Have you talked to your parents about this?
Speaker 3: No? I have not, not yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's something I should probably do.
Speaker 1: I think you should try to get their help. I mean listen, I have absolutely no idea what you should do in the situation, because I'm I feel as well. I mean, it's it's annoying because this is something that it warnts an official investigation of some kind for you to explain, and not for a college to fucking hear A that's so, that's so fucking dumb.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: So a college. So the college heard the rumor from your coach, and now the admissions. How does that even fucking work? When does a college even do that? Does none of that even make any sense to me? Maybe I'm dumb and I'm out of touch with like the college to high school relations, but that doesn't make any fucking sense to me that they would have heard about this.
Speaker 2: I really, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just know they found out about it somehow, And they've had meetings with my coach about me before, and they've had meetings with me about like with my coach there about it before. So I'm guessing that they asked what the situation of the school was, how like I was doing in school, like social wise, all that shit, to know if I'm gonna be good at their.
Speaker 2: College or something like that. And I guess that came up. I really don't know, Jak. I'm I'm I'm in the blind spot as much as you m.
Speaker 1: Jet. I think you should talk to your parents about this. I think you should follow up with that fucking social worker who hasn't done anything. I think you should, at the very least get a consult I don't know how much it costs, and I don't know if you can find somebody who's willing to at least give you a free consultation. But I would talk to a lawyer, and that that is really all I've got for you. I'm sorry that you're in this situation. This is totally stupid.
Speaker 2: Damn. I do appreciate it though, while a lot thank you. This is like my fourth trying time trying to get in here on this too.
Speaker 1: Is there any other aspect of this situation or are just anything in general that you want to talk about before we go or say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 2: Mean, uh, I don't know, No, I'm scared just gonna affect my relationship. That's another thing.
Speaker 1: What with your fiance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, because I mean my fiance, I love her at death. Shout out to my fiance if she watching the stream. But she she's got a lot, she's got a bunch of anxiety problems, and like if she hears a rumor like that or some shit like that, then she'll immediately think it's true just because of like past trauma.
Speaker 1: Okay, is there any foundation of trust between you two?
Speaker 2: I trust her, she doesn't trust me.
Speaker 1: Do you see a problem with that?
Speaker 8: I do?
Speaker 2: But now now, fuck, I can't believe I'm saying it's on your stream first, but now now it's like, I feel like I'm in too deep.
Speaker 1: You're not in too deep at all. You're eighteen years old, You're you're very much in the shadow.
Speaker 2: But but I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: In Okay, Jet, how are you feeling in life in general? Let's let's talk about this for a second.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't really know how I I I everything's been pissing me off lately. I'm exhausted. I don't know what I'm gonna do once I graduate.
Speaker 1: Bro, what are you trying to go to college for?
Speaker 2: I want to. I want to go there and get into computer engineering and then maybe try and get like a sports scholarship there or something.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Is Georgia State. That's the place that you were going to try to go to. Yeah, is that your only option or were there other places that you wanted to go to?
Speaker 2: That was the only one And that was the one I wanted to go to too, so it worked out.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm, why are you getting engaged? And and I'm not here at a tell me what you should have shouldn't do, but I'm curious as to just just why you're doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: This girl came into my life at a really really fucked up time, Like where I was, I was going through the ships, and we she she had went through the ships the same as I. We both hated life for a long as time, and we just kind of connected like it was like some Hotel Transylvania shit like like it was like some zing type ship and we had the same interest and I was a positive impact on her for a while. She was a positive impact on me for a while. We've been dating like three years now. I really should have waited for the engagement, but we were at a City More concert and it was just a perfect time and she wanted it and so did I at the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, What are you feeling right now When you say damn?
Speaker 2: I mean now that I say it out loud, it's like I've rushed into so much shit without being like I don't, like, without even being one hundred percent sure of it whatsoever. Like I completely acted on impulse, but now I feel like I'm in too deep, so I can't like fix it.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel like you're in too deep?
Speaker 2: This girl has like developed her entire life around me, like like it's if she doesn't talk to me. It's very very unhealthy obsession. And she makes me super fucking happy, and I'm the happiest man in the world when I'm around her, Like I feel like I'm walking on air. But I'm scared, Like like I went on vacation with my family a couple months back, and I didn't talk to her that much because I was hanging out with my family and she had like mental breakdown after mental breakdown, and I didn't know how to deal with it. So I'm sitting here trying to say I'm sorry, but I have nothing to be sorry about.
Speaker 1: Has it been like that for the whole three years that you guys have been together.
Speaker 2: No, it only started like this year.
Speaker 1: Did it start when you guys got engaged?
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn.
Speaker 1: Tell me about her? What else does she have going on in her life?
Speaker 2: She graduated high school, is trying to move out of her parents' house.
Speaker 3: We live.
Speaker 2: We lived into different states, so she has to come up here. Sometimes. She's trying to go to college for cosmetology in Florida, and I'm trying to go to college in Georgia. So it's like, Okay, No, no student like or no person likes having like a significant other at a different college.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course. Oh man, I huh, jentlemen. I don't like telling people what to do because I don't think that there is a one size fits all path to happiness in life. But I think that you should not be scared. I get why you're scared. I get why you feel like you're in too deep. But a person, even if they are quote obsessed with you, they cannot possess you, and you, as a person of your own agency, have the right at any given time, and right now is a great time for you to do what I'm about to say, because you're eighteen, and you're graduating from high school, and you're entering a new era of your life. You have the agency at any given time. Nobody can ever take this away from you. You have the agency at any given time to reevaluate your life, to evaluate what is important to you and to potentially change courses, and to act intentionally towards what you believe is best for you and guides you towards what you think is important to you in your life. And nobody can possess you or take your ability to do that away from you. So you are not in too deep. You can make your own decisions about what to do with your life.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know, I know I want to do it or not I want to do it. A part of me wants to do it, and I know that I probably need to do it for my own mental health and for her mental health. But it's.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: It's like if I regret it after it's done and then I can't get it back.
Speaker 1: Then you move your jet. You said your name was yeah Jet. If you what if you you're afraid of regretting it, yeah Jet? You just you just move forward, man, you just gotta move forward. I mean, who you know what? Maybe you do this and maybe you regret it, but then maybe a year later because you did this, you end up in a different spot that leads to this different opportunity, and then you go, holy shit, if I didn't do that thing that I thought I regret it at the one time, then I wouldn't be in this situation. Maybe you don't do it and then you do regret it. So you just really have no fucking idea. You really have no fucking idea.
Speaker 8: You can only ever make You could only ever make informed guesses with the information that you have access to at the time, and that's the best you can do.
Speaker 1: And if you do that, it's pretty great. And then other than that, you have no idea and you just have to roll with whatever the outcome is of the decision you made with the information you had at the time, and just keep rolling with that. Do with what I told do what you will with what I'm telling you on this call. Man, it's not I'm not here to tell you what to do with your life, but I do want you to know that you are not tramped, that no person has the right to make you feel like you are, and that you should, you know, carefully evaluate your decisions and not the you know, a slave to them necessarily because you're over here, like, oh am I going to regret it? You don't fucking know. You could stay and regret it. You could leave and regret it. You could do some third thing and regret that. You could stay. It could be great, You could leave, it could be You just have no fucking idea. You're just doing what you can with the information you have at the time, and then whatever that outcome is, you just move forward and you roll with that, and then you move forward from that new outcome. You're riding your timeline. Does any of that make sense?
Speaker 2: That was a lot, but yeah, it does make sense.
Speaker 1: Okay. How do you feel, Jets.
Speaker 2: Discombobulated?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry to hear that all this shit is going on with you, Jet. You seem like a nice guy, and you know, I do hope the best for you.
Speaker 2: I'm just here, Greg, I'm just I'm happy to finally get in here. You've been trying to ship since August.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people that can pewter before we go?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Bit bitching about not getting in fast enough. You'll get here, bro stout out to my homie GEK.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Jet, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you, gek. You have a great night.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm so conflicted with this podcast because I don't I really it's really not my place to tell people what to do with their lives, but goddamn do I want to sometimes really badly. I really I try not to because I don't think it's my place, but fuck god damn it, sometimes I really really want to tell people what to do. I try not to. Jet Jet Jet Jet Jet. Well, No, I met what I said. I said. I think I did say what I needed to say to Jet, and I don't regret it. I'm glad I did it that way. Instead of telling him he needs to break off his engagements, I met. I met what I said. I said, to fucking evaluate what's going on with you, and don't be afraid of the outcome of that evaluation. But but have the evaluation. Don't let anyone feel like they're possessing you. Thanks for calling Jet. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So basically, I I've got a bit of an issue that I was hoping I could speak to the getto about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, first of all, where are you are you in a car?
Speaker 3: No? No?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 3: Is that better?
Speaker 1: It's not a question of better or worse. I was just asked skiing if you were in a car.
Speaker 3: No, I was on the roof of a small chicken hut.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go into that real quick. You were on the roof of a small chicken hut. Right, what are you doing on the roof of a small chicken hut?
Speaker 3: But it's dark out where I am, and I just enjoy gazing at the stars, and the chicken hut usually provides the best the best of you.
Speaker 1: You know what. That didn't answer sort of the underlying curiosity behind the question, but it was a legitimate answer. Right, it's just your Uh, what's your what's your thing? What's your thing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on? You have a thing?
Speaker 3: Well, I uh, it's a bit embarrassing. I'm sexually attracted to various food items.
Speaker 1: You are sexually attracted to various food items. What is it about a food item that would make it attractive to you?
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, it's mainly spaghetti with the butter sauce. I can't get enough of it. And I think for the spaghetti, it's more of the way, you know how spaghetti starts off hard and then get soft in the water. Yeah, definitely has something to do with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so your attraction to this food, are you is the sexual attraction happening when you are cooking the food, when you're eating the food, when you are are you having sex with the food? What exactly are you doing when you are finding yourself aroused by the food? How are you interacting with the food?
Speaker 3: Well? It definitely, it definitely you know gets me going when I when I prepare the food, but once it's prepared, I I do tend to have sexual intercourse with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and tell me why this is a problem for you.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I guess it's not that much of a problem, but it's I don't know anybody else who is sexually attracted to food, so it has to be some sort of problem, I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, so, so you're saying that it's a problem because not a lot of other people you know do it and it is not a conventional thing. Yeah, okay, Yeah, Well, look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't think that that is a good definition of a problem. I think a problem for you would be sothing that is interfering with you being able to live life in a positive way. In the way in which you want. And so I ask you, is there anything sort of any negative consequences that this sexual food addiction we could call it, is having on the rest of your life?
Speaker 3: Well? I do get dirty looks at restaurants.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you have sex with the food in public at restaurants?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, but not, you know, in front of people usually.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have sex with food at restaurants, but not in front of.
Speaker 3: People, right, Like, I try to be discreet?
Speaker 1: What do you do when you try to be describe? How does one how does how does one? How does one have sex with the plate of spaghetti discreetly?
Speaker 3: Well? Usually i'll, you know, go on over to the bathroom or various other places that might be out of line of line of sight to the patrons.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, so you will take a plateff spaghetti into the bathroom out of the line of sight. But if you're out of the line of sight, then how do you get dirty looks?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, what's your name? What's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 1: Brian, you're not making this whole thing up, are you.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Brian, you didn't call in, Brian, you didn't call in with a with a completely fake thing that you're making up as you go. Are you no, because I'm gonna because, Brian, Brian, Brian, I'm gonna tell you something. If you are, that's okay, I'm not gonna be upset with you. Yes, it's fake, Okay, Okay, it's fake.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so tell me what did you want to get out of out of coming up with this fake problem?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I I guess maybe to be less lonely, to be okay, you know, you know, as someone people want to maybe listen to.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you called in because and you called in with a fake thing because you thought it would make you more interesting. Yeah, okay, why do you Why do you think that your real life is not interesting?
Speaker 3: Well, it's definitely not as interesting as it could be.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not as interesting as it could be. Tell me what would make it more interesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's what I'm being honest. I mean, oh, probably a pony.
Speaker 1: Probably a pony?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Holy shit? Have you called before?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Somebody else said the exact same thing when I asked him that exact question.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, yeah, I said that, Brian.
Speaker 1: Why do you have a chicken hut?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't. I don't. I don't have any chickens. It's just kind of always been there with the property.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a chicken hut, but it doesn't have any chickens, right, Brian. What time is it where you are?
Speaker 3: The nine to fourteen pm?
Speaker 7: Okay, you should go to sleep, Okay on the chicken hut. Yeah, on the chicken hut or in the chicken.
Speaker 1: Hut, Brandon. So I think that's want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry I wasted your time.
Speaker 1: And one day I will find the strength to forgive you. But that day is not today, Brian. It could be tomorrow, all right, I forgive you. It was today. It's fine. You know. I opened these lines with no expectations, and therefore how can I get upset If I have no expectations. That's the that's the key to life. To expect nothing, and you will never get upset. But then you'll never have anything to look forward to either. It's a catch twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hello Hi, oh hi, wile, Wow, this is very surprising.
Speaker 1: Why why is it you called a phone number and somebody picked up. I feel like that's that happens to most people all the time. Lots of people make phone calls and have a person pick up on the other end.
Speaker 6: That's true. You you got me there.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Angie? How's how's it hanging?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's hanging. I called over. I wanted to talk about one friend, but while I was waiting, I decided I'd rather talk about another friend and another problem I'm having with them.
Speaker 1: Okay, who is this friend and what's the problem you're having with them?
Speaker 6: So it's this guy I've been talking to for a few months. Sorry, I'm like nervous.
Speaker 1: No, don't worry. We're we're just hanging out here. We're vibing it up in the gecko and the gecko world.
Speaker 6: Okay. Anyways, this guy and I we share a lot of stuff in commons. We like the same music and stuff. So we're hanging out for quite a while, and eventually our relationship turned pretty sexual, pretty explicit, and we started like cooking up regularly. It was awesome, Like he knows what he's doing. That's not my concerns. My concern is that over the time I've known him, he's become like I feel like I might've hyped him up too much because now he's like really cocky and he talks about how any girl that he meets he'll like be able to get into their pants basically, And I would joke around with him and say like, oh, okay, do you have like this rotation going on? You have like a harem? Now I call it a harem all the time, and he hates it. But it's just I am getting Lately, I've been distancing myself from him just because he's just become like so involved in getting all these other girls and like hooking up with them and stuff. And the worst thing is he'll brag about it. And I did tell him I was starting to develop feelings for him, and I knew from the get go he wasn't like emotionally available. But I feel kind of shitty distancing myself from him because I'm kind of up to something similar. Like I muss around with a bunch of dudes. I'm not a bunch. I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 2: I have a few.
Speaker 1: Guys I'll see, sure, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: But but he's just it's gotten to the point where I just don't want to really be his friend. But we have a really good connection and I feel like I'm being a shitty person.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so you're talking to multiple people, he's talking to multiple people. You both know that each other are talking to multiple people, and you both are okay with it.
Speaker 6: That's another thing whenever I talk about out, like oh, I went to go see so and so, and he'll ask for details to He'll want to know if we were like if we hooked up or anything, and I'll tell him and he'll see him a little like put off by it.
Speaker 1: But see, see that's the thing, like, look, if you're seeing a bunch of dudes and he's seeing a bunch of girls, and you both are freely talking about it like you know that. That's That's one thing I think when if you're seeing a bunch of other people and then one of the people you're seeing is seeing other people and that makes you upset, that's got to be unfair.
Speaker 6: That's yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 1: But also it kind of sounds to me like that's happening on and again I'm just speculating, so you tell me if I say anything that doesn't sound accurate. But it sounds to me like that's happening on both sides. Because he's talking about these girls that he's, you know, seeing, and it's making you a little upset. And you're talking about the guys that you're seeing and it's making him a little upset. And so you both sound like you are harboring these feelings for each other. Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, I've talked to him about that. I've told him, I told him that I had feelings for him. But he's very he's a super hippie, like in every sense of the word.
Speaker 8: Like he is all.
Speaker 6: About free love. But what'un too, I discovered as he's not really I went call it free love. It's more just like free sex. Like, okay, anyone can have this, dick.
Speaker 1: So I mean, well, tell me why, why do you feel like a shitty person? What is making you feel like a shitty person?
Speaker 6: Well, because I, like I mentioned, I'm kind of to the same stuff. I'm really busy with school, I'm really busy with work, So I don't really pursue like these monogamous relationships because I know I wouldn't have the time or the energy to put into that. Sure, but like I'll still I feel like to have fun every now and then. Okay, I feel like I'm being safe about that.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 6: I feel like, if anything, it's just how he's handling having multiple partners, Like I just don't like hearing about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I don't, you know, in terms of you feel like a shitty person because you want to just kind of sleep around and have fun, you know, I don't. I don't think that makes you a shitty person. I mean, I mean it sounds as though you are doing that with other people who also are not looking for monogamous relationships and are sleeping around having fun, and it sounds like you, you and those people are are you know, being honest with each other about that, And so I don't. I don't think that there is necessarily a shitty person or a bad person in this situation, you know, because you both are you know, doing your thing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: As long as it's laid out, you know, everyone understands like this is like our encounters, this is what that is. We're not doing anything romantic, but he kind of I don't know, he's giving me all these weird signs that he might want to pursue something romantic with me, but he's also aware that I'm very busy, so he needs other people to entertain him while I'm gone.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this, are you do you desire to pursue something more serious with this guy?
Speaker 6: I want to say yes, but since he's been acting this way, it's just such a turn off.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. You know, listen, I think here's the thing is. I think things like this can you know, you can feel one way about it at one point in time, feel a different way, change your mind this that and the other thing, and that changing of the mind, and that you know, desire to leave or desire to want more doesn't necessarily have to be like a product of you or anyone being a shitty person. I think it's more just a product of desires changing and feelings changing as things evolve, and that can just be that without any sort of malice attributed in any direction. Right, So, you know, if you're engaged in something with this guy and you just decide, you know, this worked for me at one point and it no longer, does you know? I don't think you should feel shitty about making that decision.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I okay, you're right.
Speaker 1: I mean, you don't have to just tell me I'm right. What do you what do you think about.
Speaker 6: All that, So I agree. One there's like you mentioned, I might have enjoyab what we're doing at the beginning, but things have changed and I've just been a different side of him than I might not be that I am not very attracted to and that's okay. I don't wish any harm on him, obviously, well hopefully that's obvious. But I feel better about this situation already.
Speaker 1: Good. Yeah, I think. I guess I'm just and I kind of talked about it a little bit. I guess I'm just very curious as to why you're feeling bad about yourself. You know, it's okay for you to shift your feelings about a situation and decide to distance yourself from it if that's how you feel as though you you want to act.
Speaker 6: Right, should I? Why do I feel shitty? I just I don't. I grew up in a very religious household, so just the concept of being like so free and so open with my sexuality has been like, there's always that shame attached to it. So part of me thinks, Okay, why did you give all of this to this person when in the end you're just going to walk away?
Speaker 1: You know, I think there is a lot of like I mean, religiously and societal wise, I think there's a lot of shame associated with like sleeping around and stuff. But it's it's I mean, at least in my opinion, like baseless. I mean, fuck, you know, as long as you're as long as everyone you're sleeping with is kind of on the same page. Like why why does that matter?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: I think I just, like I said, it's just that shame like growing up with and thinking, Okay, what I'm doing that's pretty wrong is my parents would not like this, and like when something goes south, thinking Okay, they were right, Like I shouldn't have been doing this to begin with.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Let's if we threw away your parents, we threw away society, and we looked into your own brain and your own views on what is right and what is wrong. What do we think?
Speaker 6: I think, Well, we're all humans, we all have these urges. There's nothing wrong with expressing that in a healthy, responsible way, and I don't see anything wrong with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'll continue to let me interrupt you.
Speaker 6: Oh well, yeah, that's basically I've always I don't see anything wrong with someone having multiple partners. Or going out and doing what they want to do as long as it's responsible and it's safe.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Angie, I mean I hope you. I know that there's sort of in the back of your mind the puppet masters of society and your parents that are imposing their own morality upon you. And I guess if if I can leave you with anything in this call, is that I hope that you have the confidence and courage to, you know, make your own actions according to your own beliefs about how you think you should be living and not you know, your parents or anyone else's.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's what I try and do. You know, sometimes you get well, I get into my head and things go south. I'm like, Okay, this was my fall. I shouldn't have been doing this, that or the other.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I think it's your I mean, you're in a situation it's just not working for you anymore. And it's okay to move on from something that's not working for you anymore. It doesn't have to you know, end explosively or with a bad person. You know, it can just be as simple as as this worked for me and no longer does.
Speaker 6: So I'm moving on, right, I know you didn't mean this, but I originally called over a problem I was having with another friend, and in a way you did answer, or you did help me with that other friend relationship too. You're just very well spoken, good so I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else want to say to the people of the computer before we go? Angie?
Speaker 6: Oh, be yourself. Keep trying to call in because I honestly thought I wasn't gonna get a chance to talk to Lyle. And here I am, and we did it. Be happy.
Speaker 1: Yes, we spoke to other human beings, made beautiful. Thank you for calling Angel. I'll talk to you, maybe never again, but possibly in another universe.
Speaker 6: I'll be looking for you. Thank you, Lyle, thank you, Angie, bye.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Every Ken goes through on his eye.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you to about your life, but he's not really an expert.