Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey and you found the Second Date Podcast. We've got a new podcast for you today. I think what blew me away is, you know, oftentimes people will leave out things that they did wrong on their date.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this woman omitted what she did simply because it didn't register to her as something bad. No shame, right, she should have so much shame, like, she should have all of the shame should be on her. You're gonna understand here in a second. Let's get some comments. So, alexis I know a lot of people were heated yesterday or laughing? I guess over the awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 3: I saw Ashlee wise okay commented lacked for thirty seconds straight at Jeffrey's men don't lie.
Speaker 1: Also he lied that hit close to hope for her. Yeah, yeah, and there it is all right. Keep your comments coming, like, subscribe, follow, do the thing, hey, and give us a rating too, that'd be right. Well, unless it's bad then you didn't hear that. Let's get this new podcast started. It's a Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: Second Date Up Date. Are there rules for when you want to veto a date that you don't love?
Speaker 5: Like in the planning stages or were already on it in the plane in the planning stages, like, Okay, you're looking forward to hanging out with this person, but you just aren't thrilled about the activity that they came up with, Like.
Speaker 4: Is there a limit to how many vetos you get to be? Like, oh you want to do this? No, no is a number that you have you can't go over I think you can't.
Speaker 6: Go over one.
Speaker 1: I think you get one veto and then you start to look picky And.
Speaker 4: Do you need to say veto in a fancy accent so it sounds less harsh when you're turning them down? Veto? I only asked because one of our listeners, Brittany, exercised her right to veto, and now she's ended up here with us.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brittany, did you use the wrong accent when you veto?
Speaker 6: I wish I could do a cool accent.
Speaker 4: On your email, it says you went out with a guy named Josh and you had to turn down an idea too. So tell us about Josh. How'd you meet him?
Speaker 6: We met through friend of a friend, So, okay, I was already really close to one of his guy friends.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so how did the planning of this date god like run us through that?
Speaker 6: So we were in between texting and it was really sweet of him to bring up like minigalf, but I just wasn't feeling it, and then he brought up bowling. Oh, I honestly wasn't feeling that.
Speaker 4: So wait, are you like?
Speaker 1: I feel like if you vetoed that, you then have to offer a suggestion yourself. Were you just saying no?
Speaker 6: Okay? So I was just saying no, and I okay, real quick, I will admit I was being kind of a princess.
Speaker 4: You weren't just saying no, you were saying ew no.
Speaker 1: She used that little barf emoji.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gross, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: So did you finally decide on something to do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: We ended up just he was like, why didn't just come over to my place? It's a big community, like we can go for a walk, like around the neighborhood. And to be honest, that sounded more like I had a stressful work week, like I'm about it.
Speaker 1: So, I mean after feeling high maintenance, now you see low maintenance. That's all you need.
Speaker 6: I didn't even think about that, but you're so right.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, without knowing there is. Okay, so you agreed to a walk around his neighborhood, and how did that go?
Speaker 6: It was actually really good. We got along, we had a lot of things in common. We ended up going back to his place and it was good and bad.
Speaker 4: His place was bad.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no no no. His place was nice actually, like it was modern and clean.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're saying the vibe was good and bad.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you, because I.
Speaker 4: Could see you also walking through and being like veto that painting, veto that backsplash. Yeah, that is a fair actually, okay. So when you're hanging out with him at his place, what happens?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the good?
Speaker 6: The good was the banter? Like again, we just kind of hit it off really well. Nice the bad part that Okay, So we put on you the Netflix show.
Speaker 1: Wait, isn't that the Stalker show?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 1: Then it's supposed to be with Penn badgerly, but only it's darker aft the first season it gets Okay, So.
Speaker 6: It was just on in the background, like we were talking, watching and he was sitting all the way on the other side of the couchlake. Oh no, I don't know. If it was the fact that he was shy or what. But it did kind of throw me off, like it wasn't the greatest vibe if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're yelling across the living room while a show is playing.
Speaker 4: You probably to yell anyway to be heard over a Netflix show playing in the background.
Speaker 6: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So, so how did you guys end it?
Speaker 6: Well, it was getting dark and I, honestly, I just kind of like I was getting tired, so I just told him I had to go. No kiss. We did hug, okay, but when I got to my car, I realized I only brought my sunglasses, like I didn't bring my real glasses, So I like, I can't drive, Like I definitely can't drive without my glasses. And so I ended up texting him like, hey, this is the situation. And he ended up telling me that I could stay the night.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't he say I'll drive you home. That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Obviously, between the two choices stay the night or I'll take you home, the guy is gonna pick Yeah, sure you can have a sleepover.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 4: Why are you so against the sleepover?
Speaker 1: I thought, I'm just surprised because he's a guy that sat on the opposite room from her. It sounded like he wasn't chance into it. He's like, okay, so I'm sure you're getting mixed signals. Then right when he asks you, did you stay the night? I did?
Speaker 6: And I ended up yes I did. Yeah, it's nothing. I just ended up staying the night.
Speaker 1: It was well, like, did you sleep on the couch at the friends?
Speaker 4: Again, that's a good question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Show was so perverted. We want all the details.
Speaker 1: They happened, though, she's flustered.
Speaker 4: Something not major, but something's happened.
Speaker 1: Here's the question. What was it like? The next morning?
Speaker 4: There go brugh, no comment.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't know if that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so what's happened? I'm assuming the next day you got back your car, you drove home, and then what's happened since then?
Speaker 6: That's where we're at. Absolutely nothing.
Speaker 4: He's not responding to you at all at all. Well, now when we call him, some of the details about what happened that night might need to come out if they explain why he's not calling you back. Hopefully you're okay, we need that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the whole world, Okay, be prepared.
Speaker 4: Let's try and get some more details out of Josh when we come back and call him, try and get you your second date update right after this. All right, thank you? All right, hold on second date update. It's the classic first date line young people love to use. Oh, I forgot my driving glasses? Can I spend the night of your place?
Speaker 8: Who worked on me all throughout college and driving glove and scar god so many But now, to be fair, our listener, Brittany didn't ask to spend the night over at Josh's house.
Speaker 4: He offered to let her stay.
Speaker 1: Which means he wanted to because there's so many other solutions to figure in this problem.
Speaker 4: I'll just call you but something. Ever since then, Brittany hasn't seen any effort by Josh for him to arrange a second meet up with her, which is kind of odd because she says there was there was a connection there, There was a chemist street, especially when they were bantering with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except for the moment on the couch, that's the long moment. Yeah, on the couch where they're sitting on the opposite ends.
Speaker 4: He just sat in a weird spot and maybe got stuck there, wasn't sure. How to move over. We're not really sure. That's why we need to ask him.
Speaker 1: And I forgot Brittany. You said your friends set you up. Have you heard anything from them?
Speaker 6: Nothing. I've tried to reach out to them too, And she just keeps saying that she's busy. And then the other guy's like, yeah, we're super busy right now, like we get back to you.
Speaker 4: That sounds like they're covering for him.
Speaker 1: Yes, wheah, weird. I wonder if they didn't know, like maybe he's I don't know what, who knows.
Speaker 4: We get up a million questions. It's best to just call Josh and ask. So I'm gonna dial his number right now and we'll see if he picks up.
Speaker 2: Here we go, well, hey, we're looking to talk with Josh.
Speaker 9: This is he.
Speaker 4: Hey Josh. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and in the morning.
Speaker 7: Joh, good morning, heyy So hope it's okay if we ask you some questions about your dating life, because we're doing a segment called second Date Update.
Speaker 9: On the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're very specific questions only about one person.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a person you went out with recently named Brittany.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, okay, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess we'll move into the questions.
Speaker 4: So we know a little bit about when you and Brittany hung out. Like, here's a little bit of the background to catch you up. Because Brittany was on the show and she told us that she came over to your neighborhood. You guys walked around overall. We weren't sure if the date was like great or just average, But she did say that she spent the night. We just we were not one hundred percent sure what that means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's interested in you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So could you maybe let us in on what's been going on in your head?
Speaker 9: Sure? I mean, I don't know how much she's told you about.
Speaker 4: Well, it's mostly everything I just recapped for you right there, right generic, just general. Did you have a good night?
Speaker 6: It was different?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, it could be different in a good way.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Alexis, would you be complimented if a guy says your day? Even the pause for ten seconds before he answered, he was like, it was yeah, did she do something weird or wrong?
Speaker 9: So I don't know if I mean this is gonna look great.
Speaker 1: For her, it's not going to look great for her.
Speaker 9: You said it's not going to look great for her, But I mean, if you really want to know where it took.
Speaker 4: A left turn for me, we really want to know. But more importantly, she really wants to know, and she's agreed to hear whatever the reason is. The risks.
Speaker 1: We out outright warned her that she may hear something that's not super flattering.
Speaker 4: She was pumped about it.
Speaker 1: She wasn't, but she's okay.
Speaker 9: With oh, so okay. So we were just watching Netflix and during the middle she pulls out her phone, which you know is fine, but then she asked me to come over and look over, and she's basically stowing me pictures of her co workers and how fat and ugly they were. We commentating one by one and you know, to her cudit and she wasn't wrong about all of them, but.
Speaker 1: In her photo galloy being like, look how ugly this person is.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: I was wondering what is going on right now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Was it a joke that maybe she's funny?
Speaker 9: It seems like she had no one to talk to, know what to gossip with that works, So I guess this is her way of releasing that information.
Speaker 1: Gossip, that's just me. She said she wanted to do something chill because she had a bad week at work. Told us that that she had a bad week at work and so she's just venting by and it was all about people's appearances.
Speaker 9: Yeah, mostly, but also I think it was just she was also talking about their performance at work.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 7: Okay, would almost be sympathetic if she was telling you the stories this girl was mean to me or this thing happened, So not just going look at this bad person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to have a photo gallery of them at the ready.
Speaker 4: I am so impressed with her that she's that organized to be able to bust it out.
Speaker 9: And there was a girl picture and it wasn't a good photo at all.
Speaker 7: Okay, easy to go's collection of people.
Speaker 4: The way you're describing it to us earlier, you felt like that was a bad thing for you. That was a red flag.
Speaker 9: Again, I jokingly say it was kind of funny and random, but at the same time, this was not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, but it's the same thing to you if you were that put off by it. Then she told us that you asked her to spend the night, and something may have happened between you two, because it's more I'm a guy, so it was a selfless act of you. You want to make her feel better? Gotcha?
Speaker 9: Question?
Speaker 4: What a sweet sweet man?
Speaker 1: Aren't you?
Speaker 4: Thank you? I mean, she's the worst. She probably felt better afterwards and like she was enjoyed to work with the rest. And you don't have to believe me on that one day, because Brittany is on the other line of this phone call right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, real quick, I do. I want to talk about that in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay. You know, Brittany, you never brought that up when we talked to you about your date before.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's worrisome because it means that you found it normal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is absolutely normal. I mean, isn't it better to talk about them behind their back than in front of their face?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 9: And also you went way beyond that. I mean, you were just being so negative and critical of everyone, and I guess.
Speaker 6: I'm honestly you need to shut your trap because I'm so sick of your judgy judge, judge, the.
Speaker 8: One who judges.
Speaker 4: She sounds stressed out again. Invite her over.
Speaker 1: She needs to play another round of hot or not with the copper scared what's about us? Oh yeah, she's going to be dropping into my d book.
Speaker 4: You do say a lot of unsavory things out people that work here in private, you know.
Speaker 1: Commented on.
Speaker 6: It's normal. It's a normal thing. And if you create an environment for people to be able to do that, then people are going to do that.
Speaker 3: So it's their fault that they aren't to your standard of appearance Brooks words, I mean to be honest, Yes, it is their fault. Oh wow, that is so shallow, Brittany, and excuse.
Speaker 6: Me, you're the sallow one brook like everybody else saying that you talk all the time.
Speaker 4: Jeff, is joke. I mean, I'm definitely smiling. I'll say that.
Speaker 6: I regret asking you to help me out with this book. I just I knew you weren't going to be truthful about it. I need to.
Speaker 4: Regret ugly right then.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that would have felt better to me.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brooke, I would really appreciate if you stayed out of the second date and brought everybody down with your negativity. We need to focus on helping this couple reconcile and get together for another date. Because Josh, we would offer to send you out one more time and we would pay for it unless it ended up being back at your place.
Speaker 6: Again, I'm not interested. This wasn't the way I thought things were going to be wrapped up, and I'm not interested. I'm actually not even interested in this show anymore.
Speaker 4: So look what you did.
Speaker 9: I know you seem quite interested thing the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't need to go all the way back to.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the burn you thought it was.
Speaker 9: I mean, look, I tried, I tried.
Speaker 1: I think she's always going to be meaner than you, so I would just stop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Brittany, hey, thanks again for being on with us and giving it a shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for nothing. You can go through us.
Speaker 4: Oh well, thank you. I think I'm going to go do that the wellness room here, I'm going to go in there and think about all my fat ugly co works. Just have a great time at the party. Come on Jeffrey in the morning. Well back from the break room, I had a lot of time to mull things over. It just happened.
Speaker 1: You take listeners so literally sometimes, jeff I think that was more of a figurative screw you.
Speaker 4: I thought you had a good suggestion for yourself. But I think we all agree that bad mouthing your coworkers is something you just don't do until date number three, or until you're in a serious relationship with that person.
Speaker 1: At the very least, have you honestly ever pulled out a picture of someone and talked about how ugly they were.
Speaker 7: Not like, look at this fool, So no surprise, their moral compasses didn't align.
Speaker 1: One and one didn't.
Speaker 4: He was agreeing with her on some of the comments.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out, But maybe she'll appear again on our show during a blind lovies.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, sure, she'd be perfect for that. She sounds like looks don't matter to her, so she'd love to meet someone that she'd never seen before.
Speaker 4: Sounds like she's better for am I the jerk. Yeah, there's somebody and a segment out there for everybody. We can probably find your segment if you go on to our podcast wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey. And if you ever need help in your dating life, email the show. We can call that person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning,