Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge. Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas and a Pod with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and.
Speaker 2: Tama Judge, Tam.
Speaker 1: Sue, Tama Sue. And we were we were, we were gone during one of the episodes of Dubai and I Know. So we got double the trouble, double the trouble.
Speaker 2: And the only trouble. The only trouble I really see is Caroline. She is never going to have a child, and I hate to see Sergio go through this.
Speaker 1: Well. I also want to be like, did you really think she was going to.
Speaker 2: Like really like, I have a lot to say about some of their conversations they had, and he's crying and she's like, oh, okay, I'm going upstairs.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I have to like, here's the thing. If I was going to get a divorce tomorrow and find somebody that's twenty six years old or however old, Sergio hypothetically is, I think my first thing I would say is I'm not having more kids. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, me and Eddie had that conversation and I was on the fence. I was forty one or two, I can't remember. No, I was, you know, forty three probably, and it was like, okay, if I'm gonna do it, like, I gotta do it quick. And then he was on the fence more than I was like I want, but I don't know. I don't think I ever wanted kids. And then we got astro baby. Maybe what he needs, isn't it astro baby.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of dogs, but they're all small dogs. Whild you know how I feel about men with small dogs?
Speaker 2: No, Teddy, how do you feel?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It just feel like I need Like you know how I feel about your dog, Like I love your dog, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big strong dog, a little lap dog, little.
Speaker 1: Baby, let me go get its tonios trammed and let me paint its tail pink like I'm not interested, not your type. But my favorite part and then we'll get into actually recapping the show in order was when Sergei said the reason he wants Caroline to actually carry the baby is because he wants the picture of holding her belly. I was like, if that is your number one reason, you're welcome to have some of mine and you can photoshop her face into it.
Speaker 2: I personally don't see her wanting to get pregnant. No, no, they're gonna actually after her conversation with her daughter, she's got such maternal instinct and listen like to each their own honestly.
Speaker 1: But it did make me want to watch Ladies of London, Like I feel like.
Speaker 2: I watched it way back in the day.
Speaker 1: Did you watch it? No, But I feel like now I need to go back and watch because not.
Speaker 2: Basically a housewife show, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I want to understand the dynamic with her ex husband a little better. I also didn't realize that it was like two weeks later and Sergio moved in because of COVID. There was a lot of emfune either.
Speaker 2: I thought for some reason that she had been divorced for quite a while because I feel like Ladies of London was so long ago, but I guess it wasn't.
Speaker 1: So. This episode starts where Caroline and Sergio are in their new house. She Noelle comes to congratulate them. Caroline shows them the nursery, which is honestly like my podcast room, like it's most haazard ship pudgecke. Here we go, this is where we'll create a new life. But then this is my closet.
Speaker 2: She got a priority straight. Yeah, she knows, no baby's going in there.
Speaker 1: It's like this is where the baby will sleep and Teddy's start Bucks bag. Chanelle says if Caroline doesn't give Sergio a baby, the marriage won't work. Chanelle says Yasmine told her she was raised by nanny's and Caroline says it's not entirely true. She was a working mother. Do you think it's okay for the women to keep bringing up Yasmine to Caroline?
Speaker 2: I think yes, because she is on the show and she is saying these things on camera. I mean if it was something that was said in private, then I'd be like, nah, you know what, Probably don't, but I mean that horrible things are just saying like I've been raised by nanny's and she's you know, Jasmine has had a lot to say about Sergio.
Speaker 1: But I can say this, if Stanbury wants a spin off, she should have that baby, because I can only imagine the hilarity that would ensue of watching like Stanbury and Surgery bring home a baby and let's go for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think if they had a baby, he would be so consumed with this baby that she actually have free time, so it might be a good idea.
Speaker 1: I think that it's one of those things like in Sergio's mind, he thinks that having a baby is going to make like the intimacy closer and things greater. And but they travel a lot. What I do love about Dubai is they're giving us wealth like it's very I mean, they are very rich, flying in a giant bonzeye tree that has a man to constantly come feed at vitamins. Like I was like, oh, hold on, I almost purchased a bonseye this morning at the grocery store when I was getting my green tea. But then Brooks called Tolene saying she heard Stanbury say to Lisa, I don't know why Telene pulled me from the table. We're not friends like that. Telene called Stanbury and Stanbarry said it wasn't true. Telene thinks Brooks is instigating this because of her issues with Stanbury. Do you think that Stanbury said that or that Brooks is making it up? No?
Speaker 2: I think that Brooks made it up because you could tell by Stanbury like she's like what, like you could tell when someone's lying. They'd be like, oh no, I never said that, but she was just like she was shocked, like I never said that.
Speaker 1: But also, in my opinion, that was Telene being a better friend by not bringing it up at the table for all of them to weigh in on the ship, like she pulled her aside. And I think, I mean, I think Brooks is.
Speaker 2: Just jealous that Tolene is just going and having driving. Yeah, she's thriving and she's a big personality on that show, especially for somebody that's brand new.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I think if there's two constants in this world, it's that the sun will rise and Brooks is here to stir the shit no matter what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's annoying though a little bit annoying.
Speaker 1: Well because you I love listen, I love a shit stir clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't like a liar, Like if you're going to bring just blatantly lie about stuff like that's just there's no place.
Speaker 1: But also like I want to see something else. I don't want to solely see shit string. I want to see like you. To me, it doesn't seem like there's ever that at this point. And I've been with Brooks before and really enjoyed her, but it feels like it's always like coming and so hot, even when like her ex came to her son's birthday, Like all of it just feels like I feel tense every time I'm watching it, any scene that she's in.
Speaker 2: You know what I would feel tense about if you called me up and said, Hey, we're gonna have a lunch in the desert, wear something comfortable.
Speaker 1: Would you wear a ball gown and then get into a small No.
Speaker 2: No, I have would have no interest in sitting in the middle of the desert in ninety five degree heat, arguing.
Speaker 1: I also wouldn't have any interest in driving a car, one of those fancy.
Speaker 2: Cars I would.
Speaker 1: I would like to do that. Well, then you can drive me. I'll be passenger.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Sarah.
Speaker 2: I'm really loving her.
Speaker 1: Well, her son and a Keene go for lunch, and Sara is deciding if she friend zones him or takes it to the next level. I call bullshit. They are not friend zoned anymore. I think they're in a full blown relationship. Like the son saying like, when's he gonna become my daddy? And her being like, oh, I think all that was complete bs. I think he's met him a million times. I think, yes, I think those two are in a full blown relationship.
Speaker 2: Okay, but she's saying like in the Muslim world, it's just not how it works.
Speaker 1: But I feel like I was like, Sara, did you tell your son to ask him that, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Caroline and Sergio go to the fertility center. Caroline has not thought about her baby boy embryo because the stress of moving has taken over her life. The doctor says it's best to have a baby before she turns fifty. If she can't carry the baby, they can't transport the embryo to another country. Oh this party didn't realize. Oh, they can transport, So.
Speaker 2: They can't transport it to illegal sarahracy is illegal in Dubai.
Speaker 1: I really and I do love Sergio, but he's good. I don't know if it's what we're just seeing.
Speaker 2: Is it an actor?
Speaker 1: Is it true?
Speaker 2: Because if they split up, I'm worried about his mental health, right.
Speaker 1: Like, he's gonna have to find something to.
Speaker 2: Do, I mean for someone to do, because he's going to lose it.
Speaker 1: He is going to lose it. But then Saba brooks Chanel's Sara A Keene meet for their first day of Ramadan. Chanelle tells a Keene he's very good looking, like a giraffe in Africa.
Speaker 2: That Chanel, she has such a way with words, doesn't she.
Speaker 1: And then the women question if something is going on with Lisa. Chanelle says Lisa was overwhelmed when her mother left and says she should just speak, She should just speak to her directly. Then Brooks and Telene meet for dinner. Tolene tells Brooks she feels like she can instigate behind the scenes. Brooks says she had to tell her. Tolene says it didn't come across as being a good friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, but she, like Telene is correct, like she cannot take any criticism whatsoever. Well, I didn't feel like Tolene's delivery was bad at all. And at the end of the lunch she's like she's just stormed off.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Brooks thought she was coming in for a Stanbury takedown season and it looks like Telene had other plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like sure.
Speaker 1: Been your favorite part. That was so uncomfortable in the unpacked house with the brother just like I gotta go work upstairs. He's like coming for anything He's like, just I can't sit at this awkward table anymore.
Speaker 2: But Caroline, she had to get out of there. They were, you know, talking relationship. They're talking baby, and she's like, I'm talking. I got a lunch in the desert. I'd rather to sit in the hundred degge heat than sit with my in laws.
Speaker 1: Well, what about when Sergia's mom's like she's not having a baby, Like, well, I feel like the mom.
Speaker 2: The mom sees it, and I think the family the sister sees it too, and they're like no, like no, this ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Listen, yes it is, Yes, it is. Everyone from here to do. Bai sees it like he's.
Speaker 2: Like a puppy. Okay, yes it's happening.
Speaker 1: It's happening.
Speaker 2: It's happening.
Speaker 1: But then all the women meet in the desert. Stanbury tells Tone that she appreciates her not blindly following Brooks. Then Sarah says she and a Keen have never kissed, And then it made me actually start questioning a Keen like a king, you've never kissed, but you've babysat her son, You're going on all these dates like.
Speaker 2: Well, they say in the well, she said in her culture that they date to mary, so when they find somebody they like, they have to become friends with them. And he is a good looking guy.
Speaker 1: But then we start to see Stanbury get a little bit pissed at Sarah because Sarah, Sarah, I'm not ever going to change. This is who it is.
Speaker 2: It's really easy, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't. I can't do it. You could do it, just some things I can do on my tingstone. I can't say Sarah.
Speaker 2: I can't say Sarah.
Speaker 1: Now if it was.
Speaker 2: Spelled s A R A H, could you say Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lisa says it's very disrespectful to ask him Muslim woman this, since intimacy is sacred.
Speaker 2: The wedding I went to it was they were Middle Eastern and they had people from Dubai. The wedding. They do not approve of the real houseway said Dubai.
Speaker 1: Oh no shit, sure, I'm all shocker.
Speaker 3: Do not approve.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I this whole conversation, to be honest, is getting old to me. It's old. I don't care the Brooks and Talene relationship unless they're going to play back footage of the years and years they've been friends at this point, I don't believe it. Yeah, I don't know. Then we get into episode six.
Speaker 2: Of season two, Episode six, Yeah, episode.
Speaker 1: Two, season six, we got some a little bit of heat from you guys that when we're recapping Dubai sometimes we talk a bit too much about ourselves. We can't help that. They are giving us enough. Yeah, we just.
Speaker 2: Need a little bit more from Dubai. I know they got it in them. Come on, girls, you can give it to us.
Speaker 1: Give it to us. You've got everything, You've got all the crux of something great. We just need a little bit more. Well, the girls finish up talking about the same fight they've been having the entire season that happened the previous week. Sarah Sarah. Sarah tries to help Brooks find the right words to say to Telene. She and Stanbury get into a fight because Stanbury says Sarah is up Brooks but treating her like a puppet and that Sarah's her mouthpiece. Brooks pust Sarah and Lisa aside to clarify what Sarah said about Lisa and everything being okay at home, and Chanel thought it being a weird comment. Telena agrees, do you think Sarah was intentionally insinuating that there were problems with Lisa's marriage.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. I think that she I really don't. I think that she is a probably one of the more positive people on that show. Who Sarah, Yeah, I do. She's wanting everybody to feel good, and I feel like she's trying to find her place, like let me help this one, then let me help this one. And I don't know, I really like Sarah.
Speaker 1: You think she's the voice of reason of Dubai.
Speaker 2: I don't know about it, Dudbaye, but she's definitely the voice of reason of that that show.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's what I mean on Dubai, not in the all of Dubai and.
Speaker 2: Dubai so like else.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, But then Lisa and I meet up for lunch and I appreciated this scene. Ion says, it's weird. Telene has an argument with Brooks and she immediately runs to Stanbury. But then Lisa says she was triggered by Sarah's common earlier it made her reflect. Lisa says a rainy day can come at any time and says it could be Rich losing his company or then parting ways, and then she says, like she's so busy that they're they haven't been having sex and all the and so Lisa, I would say the foreshadowing in this conversation is Chef's kiss, Like, what are we seeing happening now? Because she's starting to open up that there's a little bit of trouble in paradise. And do I think that just because you're not having sex as much as you once were before you had kids, means that your marriage is doomed? No? I think no, I think that.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, exactly, heis and lows and sometimes you're busy and sometimes you're going a million miles a minute.
Speaker 1: And the part that wasn't actually mentioned is like also the added stress of when you are filming the show, So not only do you have a business, do you have your kids? Do you have your life right right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, the show and the time schedule and all those things, like you can kind of see how that can get out of hand, not as out of hand is once Stanbury and Sergio with his family. Stanbury says she has trouble balancing her life with her kids, her friends, and Sergia's part broke my little heart I have one, a little cold heart, my little cold, cold cold heart. She said she wishes Suurgio had some friends.
Speaker 2: I know, do you think could be Sergio had friends too? And why doesn't Sergio have friends?
Speaker 1: Sergio, make a couple of friends, get out there, make her a little jealous, leave the house with the chipped mosaic or whatever it's called.
Speaker 2: Because Caroline is so different, She's kind of cold. She's just a matter of fact, she's I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it's the word cold. I think she's just she knows what she wants and she's she's she has a considered.
Speaker 2: Have a cold personality.
Speaker 1: I think I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean I do. I do too, I have a cold My mom has a cold personality, Like I get it. So I get her and I like her.
Speaker 1: I think she's also self deprecating, which the women don't get.
Speaker 2: Something needy. Usually those kind of guys drive women like us crazy.
Speaker 1: Then Ion facetimes her sister. She invites her to buy for Ion's beauty launch.
Speaker 2: She was facetiming with her sister and she was talking about how they're very very close and how they speak every single day and how they both went through the circumcision together and how that's bonded them and that I just I don't know, I just I just love chanel Ion.
Speaker 1: Then Brooks takes her mom and son to see the Glass House. Brooke questions why Adam doesn't talk to her like he does his dad, and Adam says, it's because you come home at ten o'clock every night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's rough. She's trying to do it all and it's not it's not easy. It's not easy, so she probably has to make some changes. Hey, I have a thought. Do you think a king should be on Love Island?
Speaker 1: Yes? And then I'll go.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, old lady, Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: I'm so hooked. I really, can you just commit to thirty six episodes?
Speaker 2: No, that's not my jam watching people dating and doing all this like, well, no, no thinking. I'm sure it's great. And maybe it's too young for me. Maybe I'm too old for it. I don't know, but it's just not my thing.
Speaker 1: Not everyone says young as me.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly. I have matured.
Speaker 1: Then Sarah and her son hang out with a Keen before he leaves for Germany. This conversation, I realized This might be a cultural thing, but it was intense, Like where do you see our future? He says he sees a marriage a keen to ask. When a man pays for everything, he should have a little more, say, Sarah says, and Islam the man is the provider and the protector, but not the controller. As a Keen leaves, he says he won't wait if she is dating other guys, so they become exclusive.
Speaker 2: Well, that made me actually happy because that makes me think, like, oh, he really, he's really in this because it was kind of hard to see. Yeah, we see this good looking guy and he's taking you know, watching her son and stuff, but there's no affection, there's no nothing. But for him to say that, then we're like, I'm like okay, good.
Speaker 1: Then Stanbury and her daughter Yasmine, got to eat. They discuss Yasmine and Sergio's relationship. Jasmine says, at the end of the day, he's not my dad. Yasmine gets emotional about how she doesn't get along with Sergio and the way he speaks to her in an argument, and then Yasmine says she wants her mom to think about her more.
Speaker 2: This is very relatable because anybody that has a you know, a combined family, mixed family. It's it's it's common, it's common. I mean I sat there and I thought, oh, Sophia probably could be helping this conversation with me right now too, you know. So it's like they always think that he's not my dad. He's not my dad, and for them to have that added you know, age difference to it, where they're closer to him in a the kids are close to him in age than Carolina is, they probably don't take him serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean as a discipline well also, why is he disciplining but he shouldn't be. I think if they were showing that their relationship was strong and good at this point, maybe Yasmin would feel differently. But I think when you see your mother treating their husband that way, then you're going to do the same thing. But then we get to Adam's eleventh birthday party, Ian isn't coming because her family is arriving to Dubai, and then Brookes said her pa had invited to Lene but she didn't RCP. But we already heard in a past episode that Tolene had texted Brooks and Brooks didn't respond, and that's why she wasn't. So I'm like, books, you didn't tell us the whole story.
Speaker 2: The shocker, shocker, shocker.
Speaker 1: But then I felt like, I honestly felt like this is some ship we would do them posting being drunk the night before falling?
Speaker 2: Were they falling in the bushes?
Speaker 1: Falling in the bushes?
Speaker 2: Why bushes when we're drunk?
Speaker 1: Why do we lose our Birkenstocks? I know? Is that a Birkenstock? I was like, you know that freaking Stanbury's not filming which she's got a pair of Birks on.
Speaker 2: They're probably Prada, Prada, They're all making that Birkenstock looking shoe and I'm like, really can I get behind those?
Speaker 1: I know, with the bedazzled on it. I'm like, I'm good. I'll just be uncomfortable in my other channel shoes, but not my not birks have stocks.
Speaker 2: I never wear them, I.
Speaker 1: Know, because you have to break them in. Don't remember when we were younger, we'd have to wear them for like six with the wool socks.
Speaker 2: They were not a thing that I would wear when I.
Speaker 1: Was they were they were a thing for me. But then still to come this season as the woman go to Bali.
Speaker 2: Oh my Bali was it's your favorite?
Speaker 1: What it was my favorite trip I've ever been on?
Speaker 2: It was my least favorite trip I've ever been on.
Speaker 1: Horrib I haven't seen you in Bali?
Speaker 2: So, oh my god? How far is? I know you're gonna know the answer to this. How far is Bali from Dubai?
Speaker 1: What's sorry? What's Sara's name?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Sarah, Tony.
Speaker 1: Listen, Tomra. Then a psychic tells Caroline she's having a baby boy. No shit, you've been watching this season. Keena hangs up on Sara. Brooks says Toelena is a beggar. Toline's husband tells Brooks to shut her mouth.
Speaker 2: Yea ooo.
Speaker 1: Oh. By the way, it's over forty six hundred miles, Like, I know what that means. Either hell is flight? Yeah, it's still five hours for me. How far is New York from Los Angeles?
Speaker 2: Let's give us five hours? Yeah, that's what I'm taking five hours.
Speaker 1: No, but how many miles?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it's forty six hundred No, it's three thousand, oh, three thousand, yes, and it's just.
Speaker 1: It's further, it's further away. Then Lisa says Stanbury is miserable as Ion is caught between Stanbury and Lisa, and then we see Ion and Lisa's fallout begin with Lisa calling Ion a liar, which this is where.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's starting to heat up.
Speaker 1: It's starting to heat up, which we knew because we had Ion on the pod and we also had Lisa. And right now we're seeing them great on the show and then but when they were on the pod, they clearly made it abundantly clear they ain't great.
Speaker 2: Think great.
Speaker 1: Not well bitch, They're not well, bitch. Well, thank you guys for tuning in. We will be back for more Watts soon