Speaker 1: I leave in I you wanna way back home? Either way we want to be.
Speaker 2: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim. Give us time and a turnin on and Gaby aid, we want to send you off inside. You wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about ity scared her?
Speaker 3: Was it fine? Now for do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need ride?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Do you need.
Speaker 8: With Karen and chrissh welcome to do you need to ride? This is Chris Fairbanks. This is Karen Tilgareth who is sitting next to me. Yes, I've never done that before. Well you're listening to do you need a ride?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 8: Hi? We are driving on Sunset Boulevard East towards downtown Los Angeles. Yes, in an easterly direction, and easter.
Speaker 1: Is coming up everybody, so please die your eggs early. Last minute egg dyeing leads to so many problems. You have to take a quick rite.
Speaker 8: Yeah, die your leg die your eggs in the easterly fashion.
Speaker 1: Die your legs in eastern in Diane Stealer lead fashion, What.
Speaker 8: De your legs in? Diane West kiddie pool just filled with die. It's not going to get into your bloodstream. That's what everyone thinks. Dian Weist, forever ever since you that one moment where she had long hair. Yeah, has been having these leg dying parties.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's the there the talk of the town here in Hollywood. In uh, it's all the stars go to dian Weiste leg dying parties and it is fantastic.
Speaker 8: It is the best. And guess what, no more having to wear leotards.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so. The thing about leotards is that although they do go on your torso, oh they no, no, no, let me improvisationally correct you passive aggressively, can't I?
Speaker 8: Oh, I love passive aggressive improv Right, that's the kind.
Speaker 1: I'm always have my fingers crossed when I'm at the UCB sunset, hoping it's passive aggression.
Speaker 8: Night I long form. So we you're heading towards Easter and oh, it's a beautiful looking Los Angeles skyline evening.
Speaker 1: It's pretty nice by down by these buildings.
Speaker 8: Isn't that I've been avoiding the downtown area ever since I witnessed that giant structure fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's smart, stay away from fire areas.
Speaker 8: But don't actually get some footage of it and then get a deal with YouTube, because man, has the money been rolling in?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is your YouTube deal kicking out?
Speaker 8: No? No, not yet. But I'm just like the secret. I'm just putting it out there that it will.
Speaker 1: Oh Smart, that's a very good idea. That's how that's how Bernie Madeoff made his millions. He used the secret to steal money from old people.
Speaker 8: A lot of people call it lying, but I just call it creating your own universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I call it the power of attracting the false truth to yourself, Yeah, and spreading them around.
Speaker 8: And then people start to believe him. And guess what. It's like a game of telephone where it just comes true.
Speaker 1: Would you believe? I believe that Chris has a deal with YouTube. That's unbelievable. Isn't that a free It's a video.
Speaker 8: Scifty deal with a third party who I can't mention, Oh I could GMZ, I can't remember. Oh, they're like a go between. TMZ's like, Hey, we're gonna do a thing on the fire. Let's call these people whose name Chris Fairbanks cameras?
Speaker 1: Are you becoming a nightcrawler like Jake Chillen Hall in this OSCAR nominated role.
Speaker 8: Hey, if I can't slim down like Jake, I can at least live out one of his roles.
Speaker 1: You have always said that.
Speaker 8: He looked, I mean he got. He got pretty much, uh Willem Dafos getting for that role he.
Speaker 1: Got villain on Scooby Doo the farmers dressed up in a mask. That oh, one of my many bills that like to call me at home. Damn, because that was a really funny observation. That doesn't he look in Did you see that color? No?
Speaker 8: I did not.
Speaker 1: Did you see the Scooby Doo? I think it's the it's the guy that that cause you know it's the guy with the cheap bones.
Speaker 8: Well they kind of just used the same guy.
Speaker 1: The same mask. Yeah, yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 8: He's always some masquerading as a janitor, that's right. Or did it have something to do with the fog around us white house?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or the fog around a swamp like.
Speaker 8: Hey, I know my Scooby Doo Like, hey, I remember that as old.
Speaker 1: Who roa.
Speaker 8: A lot of people freak look funk out when they hear my Scooby Doo and that's before they hear his nephew Scrampy. You stay away from my I'll splatchet. You know, it's funny being raised by television? Is that certain things? I can't remember what I did this morning, but I will never stop remembering how you sound like everyone involved? Yeah, yes, I want to hear fred.
Speaker 1: Oh gee, guys, Yeah, I didn't have that one.
Speaker 8: I drive the van and have a chiseled waistline.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, the facts are there, You've got details, right, But then you're kind of talking about.
Speaker 8: I can only do the voices done by Casey.
Speaker 1: Casey well, and let me just say that I'm now criticizing you when when that Shaggy came out, I almost had a nervous breakdown. So look, credit to your talents. And I also think we remember all that shit so well because we were eight years old in a house by ourselves. So you're you're years and eyes were open for danger and maybe some kind of a stabber. And uh so you were very susceptible. You were very open to Yeah.
Speaker 8: Because I was just looking for home, looking up for home invasion, and Scooby Doo happened to be on in the background.
Speaker 1: Exactly right.
Speaker 8: I absorbed all of it.
Speaker 1: This is all absorbed, all absorbed.
Speaker 8: I was being smart. It easily could have been the footsteps of a nightstalker.
Speaker 1: Or or of the mayor that was dressed up like a scarecrow to get you out of the house so to steal your mother's jewels.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and also vaguely a real estate field.
Speaker 1: There was always some kind of very involved financial real estate time.
Speaker 8: If I could have kept you kids away from this lighthouse, I could have sold the land and read for condominiums. But I guess this storyline is boring.
Speaker 1: I need four signatures for this land grant, and I'm going to scare them out of you. Stuff like that that kids love and really hook into. I was back in the seventies where they really wrote to adult ideas, but then they would just package it for children. You didn't like it.
Speaker 8: Come on, kids, you know how you get to You have to get scared into signing a contract. You know, old man.
Speaker 1: You know when you have an old fairground and there's oil underneath it, or some lucrative maybe there's pork bellies hidden in some containers.
Speaker 8: And then oddly that ferris wheel is running when really thirty years ago, we all know it got shut down because of danger issues and zoning.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a lot of zoning law problems on Scooby Dudes and kids love storylines about zoning issues, building permits. The kids, as they used to say in the eighties, they love to get in the zone, the zoning zone.
Speaker 8: Okay, they didn't always say that.
Speaker 1: Remember, kids love it like peanut butter. Stick some zoning laws on the roof of their mouths and watch them fake talk all afternoon.
Speaker 8: That's how they got mister d to do it. Oh nuts.
Speaker 1: This is Drennan Davis's house. Wow, that we're pulling up to. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 8: He lives in a real estate office.
Speaker 1: Kind of wait.
Speaker 8: Is that with the Yeah, but anyone can walk by and peek in his windows?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but you'd have to. I think you'd got caught peeking.
Speaker 8: Well I don't most be willing to risk it just because I could get such a good look in there. This is the Oftentimes there's a lull in conversation because we're texting. It's the texting, you know, we have to let someone know we're here to pick them up. Drennan Davis is a very talented person. I just want to talk about him before he comes in. I saw him do that bit where he's basically sifting through radio stations and doing a snippet of each channel yep. And it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It was like watching Reggie Watts or something for the first time, because it's like, oh wow, I don't know how to classify this or how to compare it to anything, and whatever it is, it's really really, really good. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I sure do. It's crazy well. And also, so I've done shows with them a lot him and Nick stargu is the other guy that is in that band Imaginary Radio with him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then they also have lots of guests, so they'll have like five or six other comics do bits with them on every show they do. And I've seen them. I think they have like fifty songs. It's crazy how many songs they have. They're like comedy songs and they're all hilariously funny, but they have so many because they have all those different radio stations.
Speaker 8: I'm yeah, I'm again. It was so amazed, and I got sidetracked for a minute, because right now I realized I guess I thought I was driving and had a lot of Did you notice I wasn't talking into the microphone the whole time I had it wedged in my butt?
Speaker 1: Did you really?
Speaker 9: But oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it just won't sound very good. But okay, so right now the podcast is going to sound a little better. But we've got to take Drennan to a show. We're on a time crunch. We can't really start over.
Speaker 1: No, let's not. So I will, but unless you know, what if we if we hear I'm calling him because he didn't answer my.
Speaker 8: Texts, I'm going to ask the wonderful Julia w Arson if she's willing to turn up the ambient mic, because that's what we'll have to do. So thank you for doing that ahead of time, providing you were able to do that. Julia.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Karen.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: And Chris Fairbanks. We were and we just pulled out there.
Speaker 3: I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, cool, cool, cool. I just want to make it didn't look like you were there.
Speaker 8: Okay, bye bye, Okay, no, no, it's important to let people know who's in charge, like right before they get in the car. Yes, this isn't some kind of pissing match where we are. You know how a cattle sometimes do that on your laundry. That's basically we're letting him know this is our podcast.
Speaker 1: You know what I just did. What I negged him by hanging up on him. He's going to be like, ooh, what's up with you know what?
Speaker 8: If he knows his business, he's gonna come out peacock and.
Speaker 1: Some steampunk.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, is that a balloon animal on your head? Oh? No, this old hat?
Speaker 1: What this whole thing? Yes, he is so, he is an amazing musician. I met him at the Bridgetown Comedy Festival two years ago. I did his show A great.
Speaker 8: Place to meet other comics, Yes, for sure.
Speaker 1: And then he moved to LA and was like, do you want to do some shows? So now we've been doing songs together a lot, which is great because I'm sick of my songs. So it's like, now.
Speaker 8: We have versions of two of us, did we n.
Speaker 1: Is that what everybody says?
Speaker 8: I don't. I want to hear more of your songs, thanks, Chris, the ones I've heard, I mean, oh, and new new ones also, if you want I want to hear the ones you did with Drennon. What I'm saying is there was no truth in the joke. I just made. Like earlier our last episode, let's flash back when I said the audience is the improv wishing they're at a better place bam, like the comedy store.
Speaker 1: And that was funny.
Speaker 8: It wasn't. It was just the framework of something funny.
Speaker 1: It was funny. Oh thanks, let's fight about it.
Speaker 8: I'm not funny. You are there, he is getting out. I have to ask about this office. Does he sleep in a dentist's chair for instance? Oh wait, oh, oh, oh wait, let.
Speaker 1: Me put the blankets down for you.
Speaker 9: Shoot.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Oh we were very That was one of the first things I'm like, is Drennan still a bedweather? She said, he doesn't want to talk about that. But now it's out in the open. Now it's out there.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do a very special hour of super personal childhood story.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's up, let's do an hour in a five.
Speaker 8: Is the microphone? Now under that blanket, there's a handheld prices right sized, long, skinny microphone and uh put that up in the next year high eaton mug hole. Hi Drennan.
Speaker 7: Thanks for picking me up.
Speaker 8: Of course, I'm I have many questions about your residence. Yeah, one of them.
Speaker 7: Was going to be a restaurant.
Speaker 8: Is it a Thai restaurant slash dentist office.
Speaker 7: It looks like both of those things. It could be a tie dentist. I really and instead of.
Speaker 10: Uh numbing your mouth with novacane, to use chili paste.
Speaker 8: That's a great That's how they make babies cry in movies, did you yeah, I mean it's very I like that place.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 9: It's got to come next time.
Speaker 8: I will, Oh, I'll come in. I'll make myself at home. Well, on the way back, I did notice there's like some slabs like on the outside, not slabs, I want to say, lattice. I don't know what to say. Oh like great, great grating. But it seems like so do people peek in on you?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: Well we we uh we put down these like blinds so they can't do that. But okay for a while. I mean, because it does kind of stick out like a sore thumb in our neighborhood, there would definitely people like looking in because it doesn't look like residency. It kind of just looks like some weird store or a restaurant or something. Right, it's uh, we've had like a lot of people because we didn't even have like a telephone line in there at first, like because their landlord's not very good at being a landlord yet. Well, here's the thing. He's only owned clubs up until this point, and so he's uh he he kind of designed it that way, so it sort of looks like a club slash business in case.
Speaker 1: In case having a residence doesn't work out and you can just switch it right over.
Speaker 8: Was it ever a club slash business before you moved in?
Speaker 9: I think it was offices.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, but they kind of totally gutted it out.
Speaker 10: Like I guess at one point a car ran into that building, which.
Speaker 7: Makes me feel super safe because it's.
Speaker 9: The room that I sleep in.
Speaker 8: You know what, Lightning never strikes twice, don't they say that?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, but we're talking about cars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, I just mean, if someone's driving lightning fast, what are the chances that they do it twice?
Speaker 9: Oh you mean, like, okay, that's true, but.
Speaker 8: There is a chance that it's sacking driver might also run into your building.
Speaker 7: Totally because of it's just dream about that.
Speaker 1: Toime, I think I would be more scared of a foodie peeking through the blinds at me.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be like that looks like a restaurant that you need a special invitation to get into.
Speaker 9: Totally.
Speaker 10: Oh, and that was where I was going with that would get the phone guys come out, and like it took him like a while to like work on it, and like the fire department had to come by at one point and they all like were like, hey.
Speaker 9: We're really hungry right now, can we go in? And we're like, we can give you some coffee.
Speaker 8: Oh that's funny. Yeah, they just assumed you were a restaurant tour.
Speaker 9: So this is what I want to do, Chris.
Speaker 10: I really want to just get like a big sign, like a lit up sign that just has a picture of a house on it.
Speaker 7: Oh that's perfect, Yeah, just so people.
Speaker 1: Know and people will be like, can you get into that restaurant house? I can't.
Speaker 8: It will it'll backfire, It'll cause even more buzz. They really really really try to make it not look like a restaurant. That's how good the food is.
Speaker 1: Oh, if this is a podcasting convention that's walking by in front of us.
Speaker 8: Pod Coon.
Speaker 1: Could it be?
Speaker 8: Is it time for Podcon?
Speaker 1: No, it's Christ's.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they got a lot of books in their hands, but it's like more than one book, So it's like maybe Christ's study group.
Speaker 1: Christ Study. But that guy's got a Louis Vuitton scarf sticking out of his back pocket.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that's he's got style for Jesus, for Miles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see, yeah, that's what they are.
Speaker 8: No, they do seem religious. There's enough tucked in shirts that I figure, yeah, it has to be for God.
Speaker 7: Well, this is kind of like a weird center right here. I don't know exactly what it is. I've always kind of wondered that.
Speaker 8: Look at that forty days of prayer and fasting. Those guys are going anywhere but somewhere to eat.
Speaker 9: Oh wait, is it lent?
Speaker 7: It's not lent?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I don't know. It's not.
Speaker 8: I don't have any knowledge of any religion.
Speaker 1: It's epiphany right now. Actually it might still be epiphany the days after Christmas.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, I thought that was when you had an apparition or a premonition or of those realization.
Speaker 1: It's that I think they get. That's where they get the work.
Speaker 8: We are going to do a show at Little Joy, all three of us.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's an.
Speaker 8: Exciting special podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's never happened before.
Speaker 7: Semi happy about it, get it, because.
Speaker 1: First I thought you might that you didn't want me to perform with you anymore.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I'm ecstatic that you're performing.
Speaker 8: I am too, and I hope you guys don't mind that I also will be performing with you.
Speaker 9: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I look forward. This a super aggressive move.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, that guy. Wow, you're the worst. I mean, it's bad enough to do a you turn in an intersection, but to kiss another Nissan Versa with your bummer.
Speaker 1: What did you do today? Johnnan?
Speaker 9: Let's see what did I do today?
Speaker 11: I went to a cafe and did some writing, and then I I finished recording a song with Kyle Kanane. We were doing a punk rock version of a Katy Perry song Firework.
Speaker 9: Uh no, it was hot and cold.
Speaker 1: Yes it was.
Speaker 9: For this podcast.
Speaker 11: I'm just starting where like I just get comics on, we nerd out on music and we kind of talk about like it's called tell me if you guys think about this, it's called Shit's my jam, So it could be like it's my jam or shit's my jam. And it's like we just talk about like what we like in music, but like kind of get down to like what we get teased about liking.
Speaker 9: You know, kind of like the guilty Pleasures.
Speaker 1: So Kyle Kanane likes Katy Perry.
Speaker 7: He likes Katy Perry, but of course really likes punk rock.
Speaker 8: So he just wants to see her boobs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you never know. I mean, I don't know a bram with Katy Perry. I think she's got some.
Speaker 1: Those songs are like it's like they were chemically engineered to be good.
Speaker 8: There are also non lyric quotes that she's said in conversation that I appreciate, and I can't think of any of them right now. Okay, so with your podcast name, would it be lowercase sh h and then uppercase it and then it's all uppercase Okay, So it's my jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like you're screaming a little.
Speaker 10: Bit, Yeah yeah, yeah, so far it's going on.
Speaker 11: I'd love to get you guys on actually, because I'm sure you guys are what Karen, I know you're a big music nerd.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many of you done?
Speaker 8: I don't care for music or dancing myself. I come from a town where that was a distraction and got your boner.
Speaker 9: We're bringing it back around.
Speaker 1: Of a diay thing we were talking about earlier.
Speaker 8: Oh dians.
Speaker 1: Like, how many have you done?
Speaker 7: Sorry, I've done like a handful of them. I did.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 10: I'm doing bands too, so it's like either have a band on or a comic. So I've done two comics and two bands, so I've done four.
Speaker 8: I guess that's a good solid start.
Speaker 10: Brands I did to the guys from okay Go part of them, and then this band that you used to be from San Francisco.
Speaker 7: They live here now and they're called the Terry Malts.
Speaker 8: That sounds great. That guy from okay Go was on a storytelling show I did with Joe sib and he seemed like a terrific person. I should know which name he had, which name that it's his?
Speaker 9: What did he look like a guy with glasses?
Speaker 8: He looked like Moby with hair, oh and glasses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's the one that was on totally okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I really their music videos, they're like filmmakers. That's how I kind of learned about their music. It's because their their videos went so viral. Have you seen them care where they're.
Speaker 1: I've seen the one with the running machines.
Speaker 8: Yeah, choreograph running machines. Some call them treadmills. If they haven't experience head wound, experienced a head wound. I tried to make fun of you and I couldn't anything. Oh my god, I hit my head while I was making fun of you for hitting your head.
Speaker 1: See, I'm sorry. But there's a ship ton of people everywhere tonight and going on.
Speaker 8: What is happening? Traffic was ridiculous, is insane? Right now? Is Brad Pitt running through traffic with his children?
Speaker 1: Do these people have the beginnings of a rage disease where they're going to jump on this car?
Speaker 10: It just seem like they're standing out in the corners and none of them are like really talking to each other.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no one's making eye contact.
Speaker 1: Here's what it is. They're all waiting for the bus because the bus is late because the traffic is so bad. I put it all together, I.
Speaker 8: Really did, I really that is what's happening. Yeah, okay, so why the traffic. We have to assume that there's something in our blood.
Speaker 7: There's definitely some kind of Latino holiday going on.
Speaker 8: I'm guessing maybe that's why there was all those dead birds outside my apartment. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: It's a it's Morte Dale, who's got the word bird in.
Speaker 7: Spanish del toro.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a bowl. Oh I just invented a winged bowl, do you guys? I think it would be really cool if uh and we won't rip you off, Brandon, because that's the mother I want to have. Okay, go on our podcast.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they're really cool, like and you're right, they're more like visual artists.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That Rube goldbird thing where they had the this thing hits that thing makes the chicken squat so cool, pokes the toast and the toast hits the balloon.
Speaker 1: That's harm Oh.
Speaker 8: I am thinking of that Peewee's breakfast all for a glass of orange juice. Come on, you're not that smart. That's why I got caught in that theater. You guys. I just mean what I was driving at is if we don't have to do it today. But I would be neat if you guys made music in the car, but I don't. I'm not someone that would be like like.
Speaker 9: That video series the Black Cap something to see that.
Speaker 8: No it would be like nothing. It would be like our original thing.
Speaker 9: Okay, it would.
Speaker 1: Be like nothing ever before.
Speaker 8: But I I don't know if you guys being musicians, if you if the anxiety washes over you when someone tells you to sing or do anything on the spot, like it does me.
Speaker 7: I think I've gotten past it a little bit. Okay, it depends like.
Speaker 1: Hold, but there's Harry Kirshna's now, Oh this is legit, like this is like a seventies disaster movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of everything, Oh my god, all the lights just went out. And that skyscraper, Oh, some of them are coming back off. They are in. It is spelling something out. Oh it just says iHeart New York. Few Wait, I know, but here in Angeles it doesn't make sense. So it is zombies.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I interrupted you for that.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry I interrupted you who already interrupted him. So I'm sorry for interrupting helping her interrupt you, Drendon.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry that I have to keep listening.
Speaker 8: Did you what what was your idea again?
Speaker 7: What what idea? We're talking about?
Speaker 9: The music?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that's a great idea. Let's do it.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, whenever you guys want to get started.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, so I'll lay down a beat.
Speaker 9: Here we go, already, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Everybody's waiting for the boss.
Speaker 12: Everybody's waiting for the bus. Everybody's everybody's waiting for the boss. Everybody's waiting for the buss. That's right, waiting for the bus. Do you want to do some kind of lyrical breakdown the end of the world. Everybody's waiting for the bus could be the end of the world.
Speaker 1: Should we discuss everybody's waiting for the bus.
Speaker 12: Everybody's waiting for the bus on the street, what's going on?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I didn't understand that I was part of the this is It doesn't have to rhyme, it doesn't have to have a point. But I just want to let you know. I didn't know that i'd be called out for this part of it. I just wanted to hear you guys do it. And then I thought, well, I enjoyed that as a spectator, not so much as being part of it. That's right, Okay, I was. I already had my job to be on the ones and twos and and I was not. I actually can ry I was see, that's what I'm talking about. My back is now sweating because it's your turn, Cress, and all of a sudden, I'm taking an algebra test.
Speaker 7: You did great? I did that was really good.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking about editing out my part.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: That was I like the idea of talk wrapping like a nervous white person as a great cake. Yeah, but not trying to pretend to be cool.
Speaker 8: Something about a long.
Speaker 1: Coat Hannah jacket so.
Speaker 8: Irritated mentioning nouns. I wrote this in a mad lip book pencil toaster oven child eraser ball me that I walked through shoes. Okay. I also you know what that dried up up? We just oh, okay, that was amazing, you guys, Yeah that was fun. It sounded really good.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm concerned. I really am worried about what's going on. What is going on?
Speaker 8: Ye they're one percent is there's people all over the sidewalks. And I jokingly said earlier when I stuck on the freeway that I want answers, even if it's bodies in the road, because at least then I'll be someone will have explained to me why traffic was so backed up. I don't want people to die. It was a joke, I guess, And but traffic was so bad, and then it was really bad for you.
Speaker 1: It was equally bad for me on a whole different part of town.
Speaker 8: And then we're on this whole different part of town than each of us are, and now everyone's on foot.
Speaker 1: And then but then that gave birth to one of the most beautiful songs of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'd say, which was I still enjoyed in spite of the fact that, in addition to all these people groups are walking around with Bibles. That adds to everything being scary.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And I've actually never seen Harry Christmas here until today. Yeah, they never come out anything.
Speaker 8: They have not been in Los Angeles since the Airplane movie set.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: What if they're making a sequel and everyone's just dressed for the part. I'm going to be the Harry Krishna. I'm going to be the guy that's either super Christian or has Bible sized books.
Speaker 7: It's like, it's like religious Halloween.
Speaker 8: I love religious Halloween.
Speaker 1: Religious Halloween be amazing.
Speaker 8: How do we get that off the ground.
Speaker 1: I just want to be from Heaven's Gate and we're all black.
Speaker 8: I guess the people that don't dress up and re rebuke Halloween are religious. Halloween Solovares. Yeah, if you ignore it, you're pretty religious, because you're like, I will not, I will not give credit to Satan. Doesn't the Halloween have something to do with the devil?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yes, it's his birthday?
Speaker 8: I love.
Speaker 1: And what's your favorite Halloween costume that you've ever worn? And then Chris, you can go after that?
Speaker 8: I will. I have an answer already.
Speaker 9: Okay, I don't know if I do. You guys go first.
Speaker 1: Christ can go first, will be like me waiting tables, sir, I'll take your order while he continues to yes, I'll.
Speaker 8: Have your fake legs coming out of my waist where my real legs have white leotard or dye on them. If Diane West gets involved, and I am a walking toilet, so it appears that he and my torso with these fake naked legs with pants around the ankles, are sitting on a toilet that I created, I made out of I made it out of chicken wire. So as I walked around, there's chicken wire kind of cutting into me, and there was so it's like a bloody toilet that I'm sitting on, but my legs. I really time with these legs. Oh sorry, oh oh oh, oh sorry. That's how I always respond when Karen pretends to stop short and puts her hands right on my pecks.
Speaker 1: I had to get a quick feel mid story because the toilet idea was so hot.
Speaker 8: I totally understand. Anyway, people look at it and they're like, oh my god, that looks like you're sitting on a toilet.
Speaker 1: They must have gone crazy.
Speaker 8: They it's an optical illusion. That's my favorite type of costume is optical illusion ones. I've also done one where I'm on the shoulders of a little old lady. I even went to the extent of shaving my legs.
Speaker 7: Sound great.
Speaker 8: So it was an old lady that shaved.
Speaker 1: Her legs, and so you had fake legs and she had your real legs.
Speaker 8: Yes, but my fake legs look like my real legs because my legs and my body, all the entirety of my legs are her body. And then I just made little arms holding on to my fake legs, so it looks but the fact that she's also an old lady, it's like, hey, that's mean, why would you get on an old lady shoulders? So there's just a lot of layers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Terror and then Joy I'm pretty great.
Speaker 8: So let me take your ordering pad and Karen, what can I bring you? I did it wrong? What would you like?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: Never mind? What's your favorite costume?
Speaker 1: Wait? Do you have yours?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think, I think, I think I liked I did like Britney Spears one one year, but like the Catholic schoolgirl one.
Speaker 7: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Like the think about Halloween for me is I just like dressing up one it's not Halloween more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 8: I'd like that with most things where it's like if everyone else is doing it, it's not as fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, I mean I enjoy watching people walk around in costumes, but yeah, it's more fun like to fuck with people when it's just a regular day.
Speaker 8: Right, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 7: For a while, I look a lot like Jesus and.
Speaker 8: Oh you had like a beard and long hair, and yeah, it's.
Speaker 9: Had long hair.
Speaker 11: And then somebody told me that I would look just like Jesus if I grew a beard, so I did, and I went to like the opening of the Passion of the Christ.
Speaker 8: That's terrific.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 8: Did someone put you up to that? And also did you videotape it?
Speaker 9: I did videotape.
Speaker 8: See, I always want to do stuff like that, and then I'm like, well, I don't have a camera, and why do it just for the sake of enjoying life?
Speaker 9: Right right? Yeah? Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 7: I definitely got There was some people who were not happy with me.
Speaker 10: Oh, but I mean they would always be like, uh, you know, they'd be like, so you think this is funny what you're doing.
Speaker 9: I think this is funny. I'd be like, yes, I don't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah I do, and they're like, so you think it's funny, And I would just basically I would just kind of like say that I'm not Jesus.
Speaker 9: Oh you thought I was.
Speaker 7: No, No, I'm just a I'm a simple shepherd.
Speaker 8: And then there's okay, oh you just say you're someone else in the Nativity. Yeah, I'm the guy that makes horseshoes. Can I watch that? Do you have that on your YouTube?
Speaker 7: Do you?
Speaker 9: Yeah? I have some of the Jesus stuff up there.
Speaker 10: I was doing it like when I was in college, and I have some of the like I made this like Silent Jesus film. It was just Jesus getting chased by a giant cross the city. It was very Monty Python, or like Betty Hillish.
Speaker 8: What is your YouTube page? I want to go there?
Speaker 9: Oh? Is it just my name?
Speaker 8: Drennan Davis Okay, slash YouTube dot org. Yes, YouTube dot com, slash Drendon Davis. We all know how it was ed you.
Speaker 9: What about you, Karen? What was your favorite?
Speaker 1: I guess most of the other ones. From when I was fifteen until very recently, I was always incredibly drunk, so I guess I would say, here's the costume of the girl that's passed out under the kitchen table.
Speaker 8: You would dress up as Jeff Richards's SNL character, drunk girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Sometimes the reference is too obscure.
Speaker 1: I can't. Yes, and you. But this last Halloween, I went as the Bowler nurse because they sell scrubs at CBS. And here this is the funniest part. I went to my friend Matt McCarthy's Halloween party and on the invitation it said costume required. And I know he's like, he's totally that type of guy. So I was like, Okay, well, since it's required, all of my friends will be wearing costumes, right, so I'll do it too. I went to CVS to figure out what I was going to do at the last minute, and they sold scrubs there, and I wear cloths all the time, so I was like, here we go. I'm the a bowler nurse. I took a little time to make my ID sure, like you know, made it look like I was from that hospital in Houston or wherever it was. And then when I showed up, all my friends who were there were not wearing costic because they don't clearly they don't abide by the wall. They don't give a shit what Matt says to them. They're just going to show up for a party.
Speaker 8: My favorite part of the all the news with the A bullet was the actual Ebolo's like headshot that they always use, that segmented two headed worm that's like one picture of the strain and it was just like a wormy segmented thing with like a pretzel at the end.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was the only one. It is gross to think of it crawling around in your blood.
Speaker 1: But then, what was your favorite part of the Ebola scare. Oh that was your least favorite part.
Speaker 8: I guess me. Not that I'm smarter than everyone, but I knew that it was just, you know, kind of like this the interview scam. It was just to sell more tickets with Frontier Airlines. I said, oh, it's been on one of our planes. Oh, eighteen dollars tickets. That's all we came away with that fake a Bolla scare is some free or some cheap airline tickets.
Speaker 1: But the guys in the viral department at the Frontier are rolling in it.
Speaker 9: Man, that's great work.
Speaker 8: It really does make me mad though, when things like there's all this news just as that with isis and granted something did just happen, you know, terror wise, but uh, things like that being talked about or you're ebola and in fact, uh, you know, global warming and things that people are just tired of talking about. They aren't trending. They're actually a real problem that's happening all day. There's many real and maybe if global warming isn't the best example, but it is. To me. It bothers me most days. Maybe below is a temporary thing and people just quit talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a fun new fear, but then the underlying fear of how we're shutting down the entire education system for children in this country. Right, you can't access that anymore. It's too horrifying.
Speaker 8: Better example, yes, right, it's just not as fun as the funny.
Speaker 9: Fun.
Speaker 1: It's like you go to a like a a haunted house in Halloween, and you're not just going to keep going through the same house that's not scary, or you need to go to the one where they grab your legs and stuff.
Speaker 9: To keep paying more money for it. Everyone.
Speaker 8: So he's waiting for the new reason for old people to buy can goods and duct tape. Yeah, because out of fear.
Speaker 1: There's that bus.
Speaker 8: There's that damn bus again. Oh what do you know? The bus is empty, empty because no one is getting on it.
Speaker 1: Does that disprove my theory is something else happened that all those people were waiting for the bus that were just standing there like zombies. But they were probably zombies.
Speaker 8: They're probably zombie, That's what I'm saying. Like they don't let zombies on the bus, so clearly those people had the bite. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 10: The idea of like a bus driver like still having to do his job, but all of the people left are just zombies.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so around.
Speaker 8: My favorite movie. Speaking of bloody nurses, well there's a nurse anyway. Dead Alive is a horror movie made by Peter Jackson. It's so great and it starts out not as a horror movie. Is just some bumbling Hugh Grant type guy that lives with his mother who's overbearing, and once she becomes a zombie, and once the nurse that was taking care of her becomes a zombie, and once the preacher who does kung fu to fight, that's the best thing ever. He's a zombie. He locks them in the basement and he's feeding them and taking care of them because to him it's still his mother. And their heads are flipped open like pez dispensers, and it's disgusting, but it was the best thing ever because he honestly wanted to feed his mom, who was a zombie. I would like to take the bat last three minutes back.
Speaker 1: I think you should just tell the whole movie.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The problem is is I'm trying to park and so I'm all distracted.
Speaker 8: Now that's right, there isn't and.
Speaker 7: I can.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't know what the answer is. Let's just get a hot dog from that hot dog vender, that's the answer. Whatever. I can have fine parking. I just I do do this a lot. Tell me if you guys do it where when traffic or something in a car is just too overwhelming, I just pull over and eat or maybe sometimes go to a bar and drink.
Speaker 7: Sure, I haven't done that, but that's a that's a good way of dealing with.
Speaker 8: I just I don't know if it is, but I do do it. If there's a spot you can sneak.
Speaker 1: In there, there we go, There we go.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My dad used to do that when he worked in the city with my uncle and there was really bad traffic back up to Petloma where he grew up. They would pull over and drink in Nevado basically halfway home. Wow, and like quote unquote wait out the traffic and my mom put a real quick stop to that. Yeah, they'll just come home ship.
Speaker 8: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 9: It's funny.
Speaker 10: I talked to a Nevado police officer. All of their money is made through drunk driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet. Oh wow, because it's like a bedroom community.
Speaker 11: Totally, totally What's funny is I was talking to a police officer from Nevado at a wedding.
Speaker 9: He got classed and then drove.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, that isn't that. I bet that happens a lot with the cops.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, because they're not going to get in trouble.
Speaker 8: My brother in laws of fireman and he talks about what was it? It's just you hitting a tree with your car. But he does talk about I guess I'll that's just saying you're close enough to the curb. All that seems. I wasn't, but you are. That's all. I'm worried that I'm too far.
Speaker 1: We're from in your parking spot.
Speaker 9: We should just get out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that would if we do get out. That's the end of this portion of the podcast. But I do I think that we should have some live comedy from all of us at the end of this Absolutely. Can I record you guys doing your song and then we will have it as a featured high point of this episode.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we can do that. What do you think?
Speaker 7: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh you permission?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, I'm going to scare you like a Scooby Doo kid in designing this contract.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that sounds cool, okay, terrific.
Speaker 8: Well that that concludes this person in the vehicle of do you need a ride?
Speaker 5: All this hullabulu is going to be put to good use.
Speaker 6: He's hilarious and you're in for a real special treat in the middle of this fantastic program that you chose to attend tonight. Put your hands together for Dreadan Davis. Everybody, Hi, how many people know what a mashup is? Do we all know what mashups are?
Speaker 4: Okay? Cool?
Speaker 10: I've been working on some mashups, so I'm gonna I'm gonna try a few. Uh. This one is the Doors and the Smiths. Uh so, Jim Morrissey, here we go.
Speaker 5: Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 10: You know the data straws the night. I'm then divides the day. Try to run, try to hide breckon through to the other sah.
Speaker 4: Hide, okay, thanks, thanks, thanks. Uh.
Speaker 10: This is bell Biv devot in in Devo Bell Biv devot Here we go.
Speaker 5: Girl, I must warn you.
Speaker 4: Girl is bies and girl is biesn.
Speaker 13: Okay, Uh, thanks guys, genuine and Jerry Seinfeld genuine felt.
Speaker 4: Sorry advanced for this one.
Speaker 5: By lots of dollars.
Speaker 10: Thanks, all right, I'll stop doing these, I'll do one more.
Speaker 4: This is uh uh.
Speaker 10: Cypress hill and a.
Speaker 7: Duck and a rooster.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: That's just what they sound like to me.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm gonna do some new songs, but I brought a friend of mine to play them with me.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen. Karen Kilgarriff, Oh thank you.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, we got some new songs that we've been working on, right, Karen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, Jennan.
Speaker 10: This first one's gonna be like a dream pop type song. I'll set it up.
Speaker 1: Oh. Our dream pop band is called the NaSTA.
Speaker 14: That's what plan wards.
Speaker 7: More dreaming.
Speaker 3: Last not astrageous.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was flying up the clouds. I was flying like lever, stop stopping.
Speaker 15: Nobody cares about your dreams.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares.
Speaker 15: Nobody cares real or interesting, and they never really papp Okay.
Speaker 12: I also have stree.
Speaker 2: One time I was back in hospital, didn't have my pants on. I was like, oh my god, to take it start.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, stop to stop.
Speaker 15: Nobody cares about gaw dreams. Nobody cares nobody cares. You're the only one man who finds an interesting.
Speaker 10: They say your life is really for I disagree.
Speaker 1: I think you're doing life this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, why you're in it?
Speaker 7: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, well listen you and me. I'm making a care.
Speaker 5: It's music in the show. O, No, you tricked me.
Speaker 16: Nobody cares about jaw dreams.
Speaker 15: Nobody cares. Nobody cares they are real or at all interesting.
Speaker 10: You're life reilly fucking pulling.
Speaker 16: Anyway, I got to get back to my job now because I've got a big gig coming up to speaking and I can't miss any work because if I'm missing any work, I can't do the gig.
Speaker 4: And it's really important.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody cares about.
Speaker 1: Your what Nobody cares.
Speaker 10: It's like a different kind of dream.
Speaker 17: It's not real and it's interesting.
Speaker 7: You're in them.
Speaker 4: Ses Okay, and I.
Speaker 5: Get it caring, I get it. Okay, I get it, Karen.
Speaker 10: Thanks guys, Yay, it works.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys. You want to do some GPS stuff?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've been we uh you know, as comedians, we have to do a lot of different weird jobs around town. And we're working on voices, uh, for the new like the new GPS stuff for ways and Google maps. But we don't want to do just regular like you know, the British voice that.
Speaker 7: You hear or whatever.
Speaker 9: Other ones.
Speaker 10: There's an Australian one as Yeah, there's an Australian one.
Speaker 4: It's unpleasant. Yeah right, it's.
Speaker 1: Really grating and really sexist in your ear.
Speaker 4: Just calls you a fag the whole time. That's not a bill or whatever.
Speaker 1: Everything's comparing shit all the time.
Speaker 10: So we're working on some some singer voices, better ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are one? Which one are we going to do first?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 4: Do you want to do which one?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do Morrissey shirt.
Speaker 10: Okay, cool, take pipe your destination into.
Speaker 8: The bar.
Speaker 10: Where you're going you're going down to hall. Okay, take a left and a don't run over any animals because our friends and they need to be loved just like everybody else does. All the kiddies and puppies and monkeys. The monkey man, all the monkey man swinging from the bars.
Speaker 4: I'm a monkey man.
Speaker 5: I'll call you Nigel.
Speaker 17: Okay, you're here, bye, Okay, let's do one for you.
Speaker 4: This we're gonna do York.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so you lost or what's happening? Because I can help you. You put your address in or you put the final destination and I could help you probably had they gave me some maps in here. I have a couple of answers for you. I will help you if you need me too, but I don't want to pry into a business. If you're If you don't need me, well here's what I will say. I recommend you take a bicycle.
Speaker 1: As or GPS.
Speaker 18: I think you should get out of the car and you should get on a bicycle, and you should ride to the mountain and you should look for a bear. There'll be a large bear there. Get off the bicycle and get onto the bear.
Speaker 4: Or wherever you want to know.
Speaker 1: Either way is mine. Oh and this is this last one is the least helpful GPS rock starts Tom York from Radio Ahead.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's about it.
Speaker 10: Not helpful at all, not helpful, will help you, just just kind of difficult. Okay, we're gonna do one more. This is a new song, and I hope you guys like it.
Speaker 7: Hm.
Speaker 1: Butterflies hidden on a dolphins.
Speaker 14: When unicorn jumping all the rainbows that little hope you guy I don't know his name, hotly trouble Cliff yet.
Speaker 7: And yea.
Speaker 8: A devil.
Speaker 10: Look at old pussy pussy. You can tell he's the boss because zoms crust and he's got the backwards based folk.
Speaker 1: These are just a few of your dumb tatus. These is just a few.
Speaker 14: Of your very very dump tattoo.
Speaker 1: For ladder knuckle tats. Let's say love.
Speaker 2: Opposites you like that guy from momento.
Speaker 12: Who needs to be reminded of basic.
Speaker 10: Emotion, got barbed wire wrapped around your pology. If barbed wire wrapped around you, bob wire wrapped around your head, it's like your body PARTI in a concentration of care. These are just a few of your dumb tall tubes. And these are just a few.
Speaker 14: Of your very very dumb s too. Based on a picture on You're just I see you have a child.
Speaker 1: Congratulation. Either that's a horrible time.
Speaker 12: Or your baby just open the bark of the cup.
Speaker 1: Your baby smelled?
Speaker 10: And what's up with the spot with on your show? Are you trying to say you have washed it in a while or shower haunted.
Speaker 5: Haunted show?
Speaker 12: I'm scared me too, of your.
Speaker 10: Dumb taube is.
Speaker 2: Betty dream Catcher, puzzleies.
Speaker 10: James Pick, bu Mustache, Bull Bay.
Speaker 14: Rip, Rainbow bet Jesus Fish, Jimmy.
Speaker 10: Andrews, Bartost Dragons, Red Hot Chili peppers, ass drags.
Speaker 4: These are just a few of your dumb dun tu.
Speaker 8: These are just a few.
Speaker 14: Of your very ferry dumbst.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, Thanks guys.
Speaker 8: You've been listening to Do you need a ride? D y n A R? What happened to your horse?
Speaker 1: I think, I honestly think my alternator is dying.
Speaker 7: I leave in on.
Speaker 1: You wanna way back home? Either way we want to be.
Speaker 2: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a turmanol and gay a. We want to send you off inside. We wanna welcome you back home. Tell us all about it.
Speaker 1: We scared her?
Speaker 3: Was it fine.
Speaker 18: Now?
Speaker 1: Porn?
Speaker 8: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 2: Do your need ride to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you mean.
Speaker 7: With Karen and Cress
Speaker 1: M