Speaker 1: One, one o one.
Speaker 2: You see a couple of mim in my taste with he and my lemonade? Does I let the way it taste? Beth cease at the Pirates getting let me run the base. Yeah, My time is like my money because I can't afford to waste h Why see is allowian take my date to my dates or to stick by the plate synick case, pep the case from my race at my pace, cleared brass that is snake.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, The Pirates have a new bullpen.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: The summary arts continues. I felt like an absolute crackhead all day, just itching for more, just scratching my neck.
Speaker 4: Where's more bullpen help? Where's more bullpen help?
Speaker 1: And then six o'clock rolls around and you get Kirbyates in lake Boker. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to the show as always, Adam Shore, Scott Moore and Jay Staff Episode three ninety eight of Bucko Banter presented by Brave Bean Coffee Company.
Speaker 4: Boy Are, We're gonna have a lot.
Speaker 1: To talk about this week because you added the best reliever on the market. Mason Miller was noted out as expected. Luke Weaver is an absolute dog. We've been talking about Lake Balker on the show for a while now. You had him at the buzzer. Kirby Yates certified veteran. Okay, what's the strikeout rate this year?
Speaker 5: Like thirty percent something like that.
Speaker 1: Boys, it's a whole new game. It's a reason to be excited. Scott, Happy birthday, buddy.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I mean I think I was getting a little bit disappointed there at midday. I'm like, all right, Ben, you're not caring about my birthday whatsoever. You don't you only turn thirty two once in your life. And then he comes in at the buzzer and adds three arms to this bullpen. Guys, And when we were talking to the Marlins guys when they came into town, Lake Balker was a name that everyone mentioned, big vibes guy. I think he's gonna be a great addition to that bullpen with Johan Ramirez, another vibes guy. The bullpen got better. I think that's you know, it goes without saying. I would have loved to see them add another bat, but let's stick to the positives real quick. The bullpen got better.
Speaker 1: That was what you needed to do if you were gonna do anything. Obviously, people were talking about a right handed bat. We thought maybe Taylor Ward Tremmel didn't happen. That's okay, you're getting Spencer Horwitz back. You're hopefully getting Oneo Cruiz back. I know that doesn't necessarily solve the right handed hitter, lefty pitcher problem, but you're still adding weapons to the offense.
Speaker 4: You kept everybody on the major league roster, and.
Speaker 1: You just absolutely loaded up the back end of that bullpen with certainty stability. This is a this is a new ballgame. You're talking about how many games this team has blown this entire year, how many times we have been in the driver's seat, and then just the uncertainty of inning seven through nine have come to bite you in the ass, and now you just totally revamp it. I am just glad that they pinpointed the issue. They didn't give us the whole Hey, we like our internal options. We think guys could play better type of spiel that we usually get, and you went out and you did something about it. Let's start with Luke Weaver. Scott, this is a dude, this is an absolute guy. Talk about vibes, guys. One of the best personalities in baseball, also has pitched in some of the biggest moments in baseball. So not only are you getting a seasoned vet, somebody who reinvented their career after being a starter and John.
Speaker 3: Brown first round guy out of Florida State and didn't work out as starters. Now just a three pitch guy, mostly a two pitch guy. He goes forcing change and I'll mix in a cutter there, We'll get the fastball mid to high nineties. Just gets a ton of whiff on all these pitches and also limits walks and hard contact, like everything you need to get out at the end of the game. And you know, he's been one of the best closers in baseball this year. If you're talking about the best name outside of Mason Miller that was quote unquote available at the deadline, it was Luke Weaver, without a doubt, and they were able to get him for a package that I'm questioning, What does Ben have on David Stearns, because no disrespect for Sammy Sefira. Slam is Samy Sefior. He goes home and plays for his home, his childhood team, the New York Mets, which is pretty cool story. But we thought that the package was going to be a lot bigger, like Sammy would be a piece of that, but not the headline piece and the only piece. And on top of that, the Mets are paying most of his contract this year and next year. You get him for next year too, So interesting trade. I don't if they know something that we don't. I'd love to hear this because he's had a great year. One eight four ERA in forty four innings, pitch point eight two. Whip a guy. Look look at that whip. Guys. A big p for our bullpen has been walks and giving up free passes and and uh, you know, not being able to hold games. And I think this is a guy that definitely helps with that matter.
Speaker 5: Speaking of holding games late, by the way, I just want to point this out. Luke Weaver's been nails in leverage situations this ye. Opponents are slashing just one sixty three, two eighty eight, two seventy nine in leverage. Guess what, guys, only one home run given up in those situations as well. I feel like that's something we talked about on the Sunday episodes of the podcast. A lot is that when we get to these leverage situations or give it up long balls every once in a while with then of Santana and some of those people. So to be able to have a guy that's gonna like lock this down, limit the hard contact and then also keep just anything to a minimum at this point in the game is so huge for us guys.
Speaker 1: It looks like the return or who they're sending away for Boker is Brian Sanchez.
Speaker 3: Our trade last year.
Speaker 1: You ready for this one, You're not gonna like it. And this is a really good guy. Shout out to him for coming on the show Malt couple of times. Our guy Brandon Bedoir is going to the Marlins with Brian Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Looks like Hunkstung Lee as well. So a three man.
Speaker 3: Guy that did pretty Chase, a guy that did pretty well at the h you know, in in the Complex, and you got some time in Brainton this year. A name that was kind of under the radar coming out of the Pacific Rim who didn't sign for big money but perform nonetheless over three hundred batting average. That's a pretty good return for Lake Balker. But he's under control till twenty thirty guys, so.
Speaker 5: Gonna be honest, guys, I don't love giving up Brandon or giving up on Brandon Midoa that fast, but it is what it is. It's a guy that can help you now, and that's the bigger picture here. I think that that was gonna be the bigger picture regardless of who they gave up for anybody, to be honest, unless it was absolutely egregious, which we didn't see that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's uh wait, did Kyle Robinson get traded too?
Speaker 3: Oh? Did he guy we acquired for?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: Did we have Williams? What is the Kirby Yates return? Guys? Do does anyone have that intel? Because I'd love to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, word on that as well.
Speaker 5: If you want to break some news to us, and then in the chat, go ahead, we'll pull your comments up on the up on the screen if you've got it.
Speaker 4: But is this the biggest overhaul we've seen in our lifetime?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it has to be.
Speaker 3: I mean unless you're going back to the days of no audio when you brought in like guys like Ludwig, Marlon Byrd, Derek Lee.
Speaker 1: Different type of different type of overhaul. Right, But in terms of addressing a very very specific issue, and just changing over the sheets to something brand new. I mean, this is not even a recognizable bullpen anymore.
Speaker 3: No, it's a completely different bullpen for the better.
Speaker 1: What do you do with Carmen? What's Carmen's role here? I mean in the chat, let us know, what do you think? What does Carmen do? Because we just heard from Carmen when we were in Cincinnati how he wants to contribute more and throw more innings and play in more meaningful games. Now you just added some back end guys. You'd hope Carmen could be that guy as well. Does he get more spot start situations in order to relieve guys like Braxton Ashcraft, Bubba Chandler, Jared Jones who are going to be on innings limits, who are approaching career highs. It's an interesting situation here.
Speaker 5: Sure, I think he gets back to a piggyback spot. Honestly, maybe it's not fully spot starts, but just like a guy going what two three innings and Carmen follows him up after that, I think we're gonna see a lot more of that down the stretch here.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I mean, you could you now have the flexibility to maybe go about a six man rotation, something that will help these young arms that are reaching their career highs and innings be crucial. So Brian Stanchez, by the way, too, has also had a decent year seven to seventy one ops three forty OBP.
Speaker 4: Part of the Bednard deal, part of the yeah, part of the bed and Arb deal.
Speaker 3: So that Lake Boker package is nothing to sneeze at, but a guy that we get under control that could be a part of this bullpen and a vibes guy in this clubhouse for the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty pumped. I'm excited because all we've talked about is just playing meaningful baseball down the stretch, and we know that this offense can carry this team, and you're hoping.
Speaker 4: That they get off the snide a little bit.
Speaker 1: They start to put up a little bit more runs, you get more production from Spencer Horwitz once he comes back. Obviously, losing Ryan O'Hearn sucks, but now you're looking at a closer and Luke Weaver, Mason Montgomery, Gregorrisoto, Karma, Maccinski, Lake Boker, kurb b eight, Milo Devall, Johann Ramiers plus Evan sisk every day. Evan is coming back to the mix, and I think he's going to be activated as soon as tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Lake Bocher D three legend too. By the way, Wisconsin Whitewater shout out. The D three game up in Wisconsin is nothing to sneeze at and that's a really, really good program. Just got a shout out to D three baseball legends.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, guys, we're talking about the offense now. It's going to bring this up before we went into Luke Weaver. I think that even though maybe we didn't get the righty bats a calendar of the lefties we got, we're going to get a lefty bat back that's going to count the lefties. Because Oenilkruz was crushing lefties before you got hurt. That was kind of the one storyline with his game this year. I put up the numbers in the meantime one thirty five WRC plus against lefties this year and a one nineteen against righty's. So honestly, there alone could be a huge help on your lefties struggles. I honestly think that he's going to be easy to be massive for helping solve that problem.
Speaker 3: Uh, guys, some news here. Carmen is going to go to the bullpen because Mitch kell was just placed on the sixty day il with what just got the Pirates media email straight popped up on them. I was like, does I say Mitch Keller sixty day I l So.
Speaker 1: If you're tuning in, Mitch Keller is now going to the sixty day il per the Pirates directly in our inbox here as like they send out their everyday media updates.
Speaker 3: Is this a phantomstent?
Speaker 5: I was just wondering at myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta think so.
Speaker 4: Right, So Carmen's in the rotation.
Speaker 3: Carmen's back in the rotation. Congrats, buddy, You're back where you want to be, your home. Welcome home, Carmen.
Speaker 1: Let's break that down real quick, because you obviously knew that going into today. Yeah, do you think there? I'm interested to see what deals didn't work out first.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna speculate here real quick. I'm gonna go completely. They tried to move Mitch Keller today knowing that they were not going to continue with him in the rotation for the rest of and they weren't able to, so they're like going phantomil done he may be hurt, right, This is just me speculating.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Villo is down even more, the.
Speaker 3: Velo is down even more. He may be hurt, right. There are just signs that point towards him not being right. But if this team is serious, as they indicated by going out and getting a top arm in Luke Weaver, you can't run out Mitch Keller every five days because it's almost a knal. You just went up against the last place Reds and they were just teaming off on him.
Speaker 5: Since twenty twenty two, Keller's fastball vilo went from ninety five point six to ninety five point two, ninety four point five, ninety four point one, and this year ninety three point three. So there might be something there. But I don't know if that's just him getting innings on his arm too, because this is a guy that, like the one thing he does is just post right, So it could always just be fatigue, you never know, but something to keep an eye on there for sure.
Speaker 1: By the way, I mean, I know it's way past six o'clock now, but the Saint Louis Cardinals acquired left handed reliever Caleb Ferguson.
Speaker 3: A lot of Indivision trading. I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: But so, I mean, stuff can still happen. I'm interested to see they the arm. The starting rotation now becomes a little bit of an issue. I know Mitch hasn't been really contributing all that much that you'd like. There was a couple of starts that made you think maybe it was going in a different direction. But we're back to what we just were talking about earlier in the concern of covering innings for some of these young guys. I mean, people were talking about sending Braxton too the bullpen this year in order to save him from a career high. What do we do a wacrift season?
Speaker 3: It could be I would love that. I think Connor's earned it. But at the same time, I think you've you've given yourself more FLEI, which is what this team hasn't had through the first half of the season, and more they haven't had the flexibility to who's the next man up in terms of starters, right like it's Toner Barco, but they've been using them in a bullpen roll. And I think part of that is hurt him rather than helped him. Because I don't think he's suited for that type of role. Thomas Harrington isn't cutting it intriplayed as a guy that you would expect to take a step forward. Antoine Kelly is like maybe a guy that who started off slow and I thought looked really good in Cincinnati is a guy that maybe could take on that Ashcraft role of this year or pitch high leverage innings. But you don't want to expect that from a guy who's a rookie going into a playoff run here or a playoff push. So yeah, I think they've got more flexibility guys, I really do, And maybe like Lake Boker can give us more than one inning at a time, and Carmen could I think be more of a piggyback guy with like an Ashcraft or some of our young arms that are looking to preserve their innings for the last two months. So I think there's the general theme here is there's more flexibility. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 5: Not sure what the injury still is for Christian Curtis, but is there any possibility that he's the next starter to when he comes back?
Speaker 3: Could be?
Speaker 1: I mean Christian was a killer man. Yeah he was awesome, but we still don't really know the status on that. Mitch Keller goes to the sixty day IL if you're just tuning in with a right arm Haaris major muscle injury and left handed pitcher Brandon Aiser, the iceman is back from Triple A.
Speaker 4: He was put on the taxi squad today.
Speaker 1: That move was going to be made. Is there somebody that you guys would have liked to see in terms of the offensive side get added to this roster? Because you still have the issue again, we'll go back to it. I don't want to stress too much because I'd like to try and keep it positive here and say, hey, listen, we're going into the House of Horrors what in thirty minutes to play the Brewers, And it's a huge series and his team needs some type of spark, But is there anybody that you would have liked to see them get at the deadline to maybe add a little bit more offensive firepower to this lineup? Jay, We'll start with you.
Speaker 5: So first off, man, before we made the lou Weaver trade, the first thing I did was text you that I was starting to panic a little bit just because all of the names were going off the board and the guy that I texted you that after he got traded was Taylor Ward, just because this is somebody that I feel like the parts have had interest in for like the last three to four seasons and just haven't pulled the trigger. Somebody that we've routinely floated around to. Somebody that can you know, slot in this lineup and at the time before ad slug but now just be a lefty killer that can get on base for you. So he was the one guy that stuck out to me. And then obviously if you got if you got luxurious there at the end getting get a catcher too. But obviously that seemed like a long shot because the catching market was pretty crazy and not a lot of people on the move. I mean, you saw Nick four test himself like what two first round picks himself, right, So it was going to be a tall ask if you went for a guy like Goodman or Rushman like Scott and I pitched on Banner cast on the Patreon.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I think Goodman was the dream pick, right sure. But I'm also I'm disappointed that we're going forward. You know, I want to mince my words a little bit, but I'm disappointed that we're going forward with more solo. Zoon is still on the roster. I do think it's a little bit of a whole one. I'd like some flexibility in terms of moving guys around Defensively, I'd like to spell Brandon Loud second base, have him d H and have Nikki g play second base where he's more comfortable, and and maybe put Jacob Gonzales and Trillo on the left side. Like it's there's still an issue there when it comes to right handed bats producing against left handed pitchers. We're facing one this week at least so far that's been scheduled. Change row and who who we've hit pretty well I think, or.
Speaker 1: Well enough, like one of the one guys that we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that's still an issue. Guys, that's still an issue. And you know, you're kind of hoping that someone emerges, but who's that going to be? From Triple A. There's not really anyone knocking on the door right now in terms of offensive impact. By the way, Kyle Robinson is the only return for Kirbyates.
Speaker 1: Just Kyle Robinson, the right hand pitcher.
Speaker 3: He Jay correct me, you've seen him in Double A. He's had some decent outings. He's looked all right from Texas Tech.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I just saw him for the first time this last week and he looked pretty solid. But not really somebody going to lose sleepover losing, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this. I mean, I would have been okay with them dipping into the prospect pool maybe a little bit more in order to do maybe a riskier move. But I'm okay with this because you know, you already know the rhetoric that you're gonna get, right.
Speaker 4: They pinpointed an issue.
Speaker 1: They added what five arms in the past week in Doval Maranaccio, who is going to be a casualty most likely, But they also didn't leverage their future.
Speaker 4: That's the language that you're gonna get and that's fair.
Speaker 1: Like you didn't have to get rid of Edward Florentino obviously seth name and was untouchable. Murph Gray was one who everybody speculated could be moved as well. Sammy Stafford, Yeah, I mean shout out Sammy Sefford for having the best month and a half of any minor leaguer out there, because without that, this deal does not happen. I'm telling you that right now. There's absolutely no shot, no shot. The kids dealt with injuries. He really hasn't had any type of breakout until recently. I mean, there has to be some type of recency bias with the Mets here. I've talked to some people in the Mets organization or and some people that watch the Mets as.
Speaker 4: Well, and they're dumbfounded.
Speaker 1: At this boys. So it's very rare that you see a move where not only are the Pirates winning, but just in every aspect of the trade that they made the right thing by flipping key Brian Hayes into one of the best relievers in the game. Jackson Wolf is in the Casey Maiz trade. So hey, I mean, now we go right now, we don't give up. That's all we were asking for. We're talking about playing meaningful baseball and not wanting to give up, and wanting to be able to show up to the park and actually have something to root for. And it was starting to get a little bit more difficult, guys, it was starting to get a little bit more testy showing up to the park every single day and watching them lose games. This team has rarely been beat this year. They've lost a lot of games, they've rarely been beat and hopefully this is some type of exclamation point on what they've done so far and trying to capitalize on some type of build up going down the stretch. Here we have some people saying in the comments, Mitch hit the sixty day il.
Speaker 4: Yep, just touch on that.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, that's probably why they added Boker at the last minute, it right, So yeah, Hunter Goodman would have been cool.
Speaker 4: Taylor Ward would have been cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, these are not Goodman, but Ward would have been more of a platoon option. But like Jay mentioned, O'Neil Cruz, if you get him back healthy was hidden left, he's pretty well it's a big if. But you also got Horwitz back as well too, So Scott, anything else you'd like to add here, I mean, there was other guys. Some people had some really good deadlines. The Guardians had a really good deadline, dude.
Speaker 3: The Cubs had a really good deadline. Cubs basically re I just just reconstructed their roster and kudeos to them because they've they've needed it in terms of the pitching side especially. But yeah, that's that's definitely something to look out and I thought The Brewers had a good deadline too, getting Senzateela. They added Dustin made Jojo Romero, so they definitely bulked up the back end of that bullpen. And yeah, then All Central is gonna be tough. Guys, It's gonna be tight, and it starts tonight in Milwaukee, because you know, we're going up against the first place Brewers, and you gotta start off hot. I s I was hoping that they would have made that Taylor Ward trip. We got some some maybe some rumors that pushed our way that that Taylor War trade might be happening last night and didn't. I don't know what the offer was or if the parts even made an offer, but would have been nice to have him joined us in Milwaukee for today. But hey, we move forward. Reinforcements are coming back, Spencer Horwitz is here, O'Neill Cruz is coming back. Connor Griffin is coming back eventually. So there's some some things to look forward. You gotta keep our head above water and even more over the next month.
Speaker 5: I will say, guys, I textas Scott this right after the the right after it came out that it was just stuffer. I said, hear me out they're getting Goodman or some other big back slash arm if it's just to for they absolutely have the prospects to do it. And I was talking about how like with the with the nature of the market, I really if Sammy stefer And nets you the best closer on the market, I was, I just couldn't help. But wonder what why Sandford would have got you, right, because at least in our in our shoes, I'm Rivera maybe honestly, but I thought that Wyatt Sanford was a much better prospect than Sammy Stefera, And so I was just wondering, like what somebody like that could have got them if they tried to go all in, Like could that have got you more? Hone if he wasn't a Padre's guy, And they didn't they don't want the world for all of their people. But I don't know, just just some food for thought, I will if you wanted to go out there and you know, sell off a couple more pieces, what could you have gotten?
Speaker 3: I will say this too. Sorry guys, I've been posting the trade graphics here as we're as we're going here live, But my mood would have been a lot differently if we didn't make those two trades at the end of the day here because I feel like year seven, they owe this this fan base a little bit more, and I think they've they've kicked the can down the road, and there's been some self inflicted wounds here this year in terms of you know, slowing down and you know, maybe not being able to go on a run. Right. I think a lot of that stuff is self inflct did beating yourself and running the same people out there every day and expecting something different. So I am glad that they took the bullpen really seriously. I you know what, we can talk about it in the weeks ahead. I'm sure that this stuff will pop up. I do think they could have done more, but I am satisfied with adding three bullpen arms that I think are going to improve this the back end here moving forward.
Speaker 1: I want to add this because we talked about this on the Flagship Show on Sunday that released this morning, about happy and sad I see lights and whether or not on this Deadline show I'd be drinking a sad icyy light, which I did last year. I probably down three of them just in the course of twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: Little did you know we'd get talent Moss out.
Speaker 1: Of that, right, So, dude, I went quick, real quick.
Speaker 5: I went back and listened to the episode this morning whenever I was working out. Dude, it was so funny to look back in retrospect. We were talking about Billy Falter as though he was like the end of the world, and it was. It was so funny to just listen in on that. It was the best thing ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a classic, And I can go back and eat my words. And Callen's become a good friend now and we really like him and and he's been an absolute dog And that's the beauty of the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So, whether or not you're drinking a sad Icee lighter, a happy icy light, I think, you know, sometimes you have to let these things matriculate a little bit and let it play out. But right now, as we're looking at this team, it's not hey, we added to the Mighty League system for the future. It's we're doing something right now, and I think that warrants a happy icy light for today. Boys. So cheers to the bullpen, Cheers to the front office, Cheers to the Pittsburgh Pirates for at least allowing us to show up to the park every day in order to watch meaningful baseball. So I'm going to drink to that, and then we're going to work our absolute tails off for the rest of the season to keep bringing you content and hopefully meaningful content, because it's been a long time since we've being since we've been able to say that, since we can watch a game and even if they're down in the six or seventh inning, be confident that this team's going to score runs. Now it's time to put it all together. Now it's time to click right, the starting rotation, the bullpen, this high powered offense. It's time to get everything working on the same rotation. And we haven't had that yet. We haven't had everything click into place. But now's the time.
Speaker 3: So cheers, boys, cheers, cheers to that listen. We haddd some interesting arms today, as we've talked about throughout this Live Kirby Eate's fastball splitter Guy. That splitter misses a ton of bats although he sits in the low nineties fastball below. Wise, that splitter misses a ton of bats even at age thirty nine. And then you've got Lake Boker, who's fastball slider guy, and that slider's like four mile an hour difference from his fastball. Right fastball sittingety slider will sit in ninety ninety one. And then you got Luke Weaver. We already talked about the fastball change up combo, So a lot of interesting pitch mixes here. Guys are gonna come at you with two signature pitches and hopefully lock that up in the back end because you know these are guys this is where we've struggled, right, Gregory Soto, I think is better shooted as the sixth seventh inning a guy to get you to those guys rather than being the the head man at the back end. I will say this, we're talking about who's going to replace Mitch Keller. Could it be a mixture of Wilburd Hotel and Carlon Machinski. Just last last minute thought here as we close up, I really like Wilburd Hotel as a guy that could get some spot starts here at the end of the season, I think so.
Speaker 1: I think Christian Curtis could also play that rule if he's able to get back healthy. Yep, right, I need hope, so I hate to see him be a one done for this year.
Speaker 4: After that showing that we had in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Going back to Barker quick expected batting average of two oh seven, which is awesome. The the wifth percentage, which you just hinted at eighty six percentile, and you know the hard hit rate is right around the middle, so really look, and then the breaking run value, the breaking ball run value is in the ninety fifth percentile. I'm excited. I'm excited, guys. I it was a nerve wracking day of me doom scrolling and just trying to get updates and I'm really really excited to see how this works out. If it doesn't work out, fine, at least we can say they did something to try and revamp it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it didn't mortgag Ine feuture to do it either, like they kind of were able to keep their guys. So if it doesn't work out, you can always look forward. And I mean some of those guys have control, right like Balker you said, has what three years attached to him too, So if it doesn't work out this year, you can always just you know, push it towards next year and use some of the guys that you didn't end up using today either in the lineup in Pittsburgh, in the rotation of Pittsburgh and the bullpen in Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, or use him as trade pieces in the future in the off season or something like that. To go go get some moart. Guys are gonna help you.
Speaker 1: Who are the I don't know if we talked about it on air yet, the the guys who are unfortunately not gonna be on the roster. I think Maranaccio is probably one of the first ones to go. Noah Murdoch, who is there right now, is likely to go. Carmen Macdjinski goes to the starting rotation.
Speaker 3: They've already been added to the fangrass shout out Jason Martinez, thro Ruster resource man. He's got some a late night ahead of him. But uh yeah, I would say, uh well, I shouts there on a taxi Squn, Murdoch and Marinaccio are the obvious ones. I think, I don't think, I don't we're not playing the option game here. I know Ron doesn't have options, but like I think you're keeping what broke hotel up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, he's also able to eat multiple winnings for you as well, so you get that, especially if you're gonna lose Karmen. Yeah, you still need a guy. I think Boker can be that guy as well, so that that definitely plays into it.
Speaker 4: But an interesting deadline, I think.
Speaker 1: Any before we close it out here, was there a rumor that really baffled you?
Speaker 4: I think for me it was the Henry Davis rumors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just can't like they wanted to improve their offense behind the plate and also get a right handed bat, So Henry Davis the right hand bat, but like you already have a sub two hundred hitting catcher, Like, why do you want another one? I just it just didn't make a ton of sense to me. I know they're backup right now as Ali Sanchez, I believe because they have some injuries. But I didn't. I mean I would have done it as a Pirates fan, I would have done it, but I don't really understand that. And then Hunter Goodman too, Like it just seemed like I know, they asked for Franklin Arius for the Red Sox and they were asking for everyone's top prospects. I just like I heard there was discussions between the Pirates and Rockies, and I wasn't getting my hopes up because I just didn't think that Pirates would pull the trigger on that. I would have loved to see it, but I just didn't see it as being realistic.
Speaker 5: I don't have anything too crazy on top of that, just I guess just Taylor Ward again. Honestly, I was really getting hopes up that was going to be their one bat acquisition at the deadline. Obviously Catcher would have been a pipe dream, but it was always a pipe dream, I think for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, So to recap it for everybody either tuning an houror that has been kind enough to stick with us for the past thirty minutes, the Pirates add at the deadline forgetting about Camilla Deval a couple of days ago. You add Luke Weaver, the best reliever in baseball this year outside of Mason Miller, who was not dealt. You had Kirby Yates, a veteran with a good strikeout rate, and you add Lake Boker. Am I missing anyone?
Speaker 3: That's it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Jacob Gonzales, Jacob Gonzalez and Ron Maranaccia, Brandon Eiser, Dice, Brandon Ier. Okay, you've done good. You've done good. Ben did it? Take a long time for us to get those results. Of course it did, but there is hope. So we asked you guys to stick with it, man, keep up the faith, because giving up at this point does nothing for this team, right, So show up to the park. You got meaningful baseball in Pittsburgh now, and this team has shown you that they're trying to go for it. They're trying to win some ballgames here and sometimes it takes a little bit with the deadline to try and make some moves. And I'm excited, boys, I'm really really excited.
Speaker 3: It starts tonight.
Speaker 1: Bellows starts tonight. We got a really big four game stretch in Milwaukee and then the Mets come to town. So talk about really facing your team right away. Luke Weaver burst the New York Mets. Every game means something, so really pumped just to get start. We're gonna watch the game tonight. We'll have you covered there. If you're watching now and you're not subscribed to the YouTube, do us a favorite hit that subscribe button, like leave a common tell a friend to tell a friend, tell everybody that Bucko Banter has you covered for all of your pirates news and more. We tried to keep you as updated as possible in this deadline, and we got episodes pretty much every week, some bench banter talking to the players on the field stuff. Patreon only three dollars a month for even more detailed breakdowns. And then on social media at Bucko Banter everywhere, you can go to bucobanter dot com, hit the join the community button, put your email in, and then go to your email hit OmpT in and then you get all the breakdowns for every single series and everything happening in the Bucko Banter universe right to your inbox before every single series. Shout out to Jay and Bryce who do a great job on that every week. Guys, anything to close it out, good, We're good. Hell yeah, Hey, here's the buckos. We got happy, icy lights flowing and until next time, hoist.
Speaker 3: It, Oist it, oist it.
Speaker 2: Best seats at the Pirates and they let me run the base.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My time is like my money because I can't afford to waste. Oh White the years a llawyer take my date to my dates or the stick by the plate Synick